PDA

View Full Version : A commission/request thread in the fanart board?

Nerroth
September 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Hi.

I was thinking that it might be a half-decent idea to have a thread in the fanart section for people to post requests for art commissions; be they for pre-existing characters, a writer's own OCs, or suchlike. However, before I started one up, I wanted to run it past The Powers That Be to see if there were any particular problems/issues with such a thread.

(Or if there wasn't, if they had any particular guidelines they might want to see added to the opening post in order to help keep things in some semblance of order.)

(As an aside, might it be worth setting up a fanart tracker, akin to the fiction tracker in the fanfic area?)

Dark Pulse
September 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I really don't see any reason wrong with it, but then again, I'm just one person. I mean, it essentially boils down to a transaction between two individuals, and as long as it's in a purpose-built thread and not spamvertised, I don't think it'd really be a problem.

We'll talk about it, though, if I see Altima/RB/Elf around and aboot, as the Canadians would say.

TypeWannabe
September 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Not all Canadians say aboot.

Altima of the Gates
September 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I don't see an issue with making this thread either honestly.

Tobias
September 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM

yeah, but aboot all of them do.

KENTA
September 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Well yeah, but nobody likes to talk about French Canadians.

Dark Pulse
September 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Well yeah, but nobody likes to talk about French Canadians.Not even the French Canadians like to talk about French Canadians. :p

Five_X
September 10th, 2011, 12:03 AM
No, the French Canadians like to talk about French Canadians (or should I say, Quebecois) a little too much... though less so in recent years.

This should be good, but I hope it is something based off of mutual love and harmony, not greed.

Nerroth
September 10th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I'm quite a fan of la belle province, personally; though it is worth remembering there is still a francophone presence in other parts of Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadian#Elsewhere_in_Canada), too.

One thing in particular I wanted to clarify for the purposes of such a thread would be the distinction between the "commission" and "request" sides of the equation. There may be those who would be willing to accept paid commissions for specific pieces of art; but there may also be some looking to try a random sketch or piece of art for free (perhaps to test a new concept out, or something).

I suppose what I'd want to sort out is a way to make sure that both parties involved are clear as to which one it is they are agreeing to.

Or should there perhaps be two separate threads; one for people looking for ideas of sketches/concepts to try for free, and one for paid work?

RoadBuster
September 10th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Thread seems fine to me, as well.

Nerroth
September 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Okay then, thanks. The thread is up (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1014-Fanart-commission-request-thread). (Could it be stickied, please?)

Dark Pulse
September 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Done.