PDA

View Full Version : The Type-Moon Tournament (IC Thread)

Milbunk
September 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
The crowd had gathered to watch the first duel of the tournament, Alexander the Great vs Yugi Moto. Already though the crowd had picked a favorite. Almost all of the people there had been to one of Alexander's matches before and they all had seen his charismatic style and excellent warrior deck. And although this kid was the champion of the Duelist Kingdom not even that could compare to Alexander's large amount of victories. So obviously the crowd had begun cheering on the one with the higher chance of victory.

Both duelist's stepped up to the platform and awaited the coin toss. Then the announcer spoke. "Alexander since you are the better known duelist why don't you start us off."

Alexander let out a loud laugh and agreed. "Very well then, I call heads."

The coin was tossed and indeed it was heads. Letting out another loud laugh he called the first turn, after all it's better to charge in first.

Each duelist drew their hand and the match had begun.

Letting out a third laugh Alexander spoke. "Alright boy, let's see what you got. Let me warn you I'm not gonna go easy on you."

Taking a glance at his deck and drawing his first card he took action. "I place 1 card face down and set one monster then I end my turn."

Deck
40 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
8000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Alexander the Great
8000 Life Points
Face Down Defense
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 4 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Face Down Card
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
57 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

"It's game time."

Came the answer from the other side of the table. The little, helpless kid from before was left behind, and now Yugi seemed to be filled with confidence, to the point where you could say he was being cocky. His opponent was one of the greatest duelists in the world, nicknamed King of Conquerors, known for his incredible tactics and both powerful and versatile warriors. He was one many feared, many respected, and many followed. Despite this, Mutou Yugi was not scared at all. After all, the games were not something new, they were something that originated in the Ancient Egypt. In short, he had at least five thousand years of experience...!

"Then, let's start."

It was now his turn, so according to the rules, he was supposed to draw a card from the top of his deck and add it to his hand. With that done, his hand now had six cards on it. His hand was not the best, but it was nowhere near bad either. Taking a look at the current field condition, Yugi questioned himself about attacking or not. There could be a trap or a dangerous monster among the cards Alexander had set. Maybe both. He concluded there was one card in his hand that was good for this kind of situation. Placing it on the board, a monster was summoned, one of the spellcaster kind.

"Breaker the Magical Warrior (ATK/1600 - DEF/1000 - LV4), ready to attack."

It was exactly as the name of the indicated. A fierce combatant that mixed magic and physical attacks for the perfect balance, he was equipped with a shield and a sword, and his body was protected by a crimson armor. As he entered the field, his attack score increased. Yugi proceeded to explain why.

"When Breaker the Magical Warrior is normal summoned, it gains one magic counter. This counter increases its attack by three hundred points, elevating its strength all the way up to nineteen hundred."

Breaker the Magical Warrior (ATK/1900 - DEF/1000 - LV4) *1 Counter.

"However, this counter can be removed. By doing so, its attack will go back to sixteen hundred, but I'm allowed to pick one spell or trap card on the board and destroy it."

Breaker the Magical Warrior (ATK/1600 - DEF/1000 - LV4)

Energy gathered on the sword of the mage and, with a swift movement of the blade, a shockwave was released, aimed at Alexander's face down card. Without any chance of comeback the card was destroyed. It turned out to be a trap, Malevolent Catastrophe. It triggers when a monster attacks, and destroys all spell and trap cards on the field.

With that out of the way, all that was left to do was to attack.

"Battle. Breaker the Magical Warrior attacks the face down monster."

Regardless of how the attack went, he would probably end his turn after that. He had no intention of playing any magic or trap cards yet.

---

Deck
34 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Breaker the Magical Warrior

1600 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
8000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Alexander the Great
8000 Life Points
Face Down Defense
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 4 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
57 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
September 13th, 2011, 03:50 PM
The Magical Warrior charged the face down card which turned out to be

Tactical Espionage Expert (ATK/1300 - DEF/1200 - LV3)

With a mighty cleave of his sword he slashed the man in the purple stealth suit and cut him neatly in two, and the suddenly older looking boy ended his turn.

Drawing his next card Alexander studied his hand for a few seconds before taking action, he threw another card onto the field and a monstrous looking beast with fur as black as the night and a sword as equally as black came out into the field. It sat in a poised position ready to strike.

Pitch-Black Warwolf (ATK/1600 - DEF/600 - LV4) Some may find it odd that the King of Conquerors had such a Beast in his deck but there was a good reason for it and Alexander began to explain its effect to all who may not know.

"Hahahahaha, This little beast almost had me in one match. While it is on the field my opponent cannot activate any trap cards during either of our battle phases. Now I end my turn." And the so called king awaited his opponents next action.

Deck
34 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Breaker the Magical Warrior

1600 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
8000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Alexander the Great
8000 Life Points
Pitch-Black Warwolf

1600 Atk

Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 4 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
50 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

The attack of the magical warrior gracefully connected, and Alexander's monster was destroyed or, in game terms, sent to the graveyard. With his turn done, Yugi patiently waited for his opponent to make his move. Surprisingly he summoned a monster with a powerful effect. It had the ability to negate trap cards during the battle phase.

But there was a problem. The card had the same attack power as Breaker the Magical Warrior, that is, sixteen hundred points. If they were to attack each other, both cards would be destroyed. However, if the attack is done during his turn, Yugi might be able to summon another monster, and attack Alexander directly.

Still, something felt wrong. Was he going easy on him? Why summon a card with a powerful effect if it can be so easily destroyed? On top of that... It took a while for Yugi to notice, but the Deck of the King of Conquerors seemed to be way larger than his. While a bigger deck can contain more powerful cards, it is harder for the cards you need to make it to your hand in time, since the possibility of drawing a specific card is lower. Yugi's deck had forty cards, so it should be easy for him to get what he's looking for.

"Draw."

The card he drew was a normal monster. Its attack power was lower than the monsters that were already on the field, but it should do.

"Summoning Gazelle, King of Mythical Beasts (ATK/1500 - DEF/1200 - LV4)!"

Yes, with this, it's decided. He'll be the one to draw first blood.

"Breaker the Magical Warrior attacks Pitch-black Warwolf. Their attacks are the same, so they are both send to the graveyard."

An eye for an eye.

"Now then, Gazelle, King of Mythical Beasts... Attack the player directly...!"

---

Deck
33 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Gazelle KoMB
1500 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
8000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Alexander the Great
6500 Life Points
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 4 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
50 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
September 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM
He could feel the attack from the mighty beast yet he did not flinch instead just let out yet another hearty laugh and drew his next card. He already had his next plan thought out.

"Alright then, I activate the spell card Monster Reborn! With this card I can special summon one monster from either of our graveyards, and I choose my Pitch-Black Warwolf. However right after I sacrifice my newly obtainedmonster to tribute summon a trusted warrior of mine, go Freed the Matchless General!

A wise general stepped onto the field, from his appearance alone you could tell that his men had never lost a battle while he was their to guide them.

Freed the Matchless General (ATK/2300 - DEF/1700 - LV5)

"He then began to explain the General's effect. While Freed is on the field I can substitute my draw phase to add one LV4 or lower warrior monster to my hand, quite the perfect card indeed for a man with many warriors if I do say so myself."

"Now Freed, attack Gazelle!"

Deck
33 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
7200 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Alexander the Great
6500 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 3 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
49 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 14th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

Suddenly, the tables were turned, and the situation changed completely. Alexander used Monster Reborn to bring back the monster Yugi previously destroyed. He later offered as a tribute to summon a stronger monster from his hand to the field. With a terrifyng twenty three hundred attack points, Freed the Matchless General quickly got rid of the only creature that stood between him and Yugi's life points, Gazelle. And since the latter was in attack position, the difference between their attacks became damage.

Now, the situation was as follows. Even if he took a blow, Yugi still had life advantage. Also, he used fewer cards during his turns, so his hand advantage was not lost either. However, with all of his monsters gone, his field was empty, and Alexander had a powerful monster on his side. At this point, it was not clear who was winning and who was losing.

"You are good, Alexander. In any case, my turn starts now."

Yugi's eyes widened for a second, as he checked the contents of his latest draw. It was indeed a very powerful card, one that could turn the tides of most duels. But it had a drawback; it had a very big cost. To play it right now would ensure the destruction of Freed, but would weaken Yugi greatly. Indeed, it was something that should not be used without care. Yugi concluded it would be best to save it for later.

"I'll place a monster in defense mode, face-down. My turn is done."

---

Deck
32 Cards

Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Face Down Monster
??? Def

Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
7200 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Alexander the Great
6500 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 3 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
49 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
September 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Face down monster's were a tricky business indeed and Alexander had, had much experience in dealing with them. He knew that some could completely turn the tide of the battle in one swift action so he had to act with care. "Alright I'll activate Freed's effect and select one warrior from my deck to my hand." He already had his next plan in action and he picked a rather special warrior to do so.

"I summon Gearfried the Iron Knight!" A steel black warrior came onto the field however, instead of holding a weapon his entire body was covered in a shiny black metal plating designed for both protection and restraint.

Gearfried the Iron Knight (ATK/1800 - DEF/1600 - LV4)

"Now it's time to power him up a bit, Hahahaha! I activate Release Restraint!"

There was a huge surge of power on the field and the armor on the steel warrior began to fall off to reveal a handsome and deadly warrior known as Gearfried the Swordmaster.

Gearfried the Swordmaster (ATK/2600 - DEF/2200 - LV7)

"But I'm not done yet! I equip the Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade to my Gearfried! While the ATK boost is only 300 equipping a card to Gearfried activates his special effect! Using his ability I can instantly destroy one monster on your side of the field and I choose your face down card!"

The Swordmaster took the shining yellow sword and again there was another torrent of energy. The energy rushed towards the face down monster with the intention of wiping it off the field.

Deck
32 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Face Down Monster
??? Def

Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
7200 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Alexander the Great
6500 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Gearfried tSM
2900 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 1 Card

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Divine Sword -
Phoenix Blade
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
47 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 14th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

Alexander was really good. Within a turn, he managed to summon another powerful monster and used it to destroy the last of Yugi's defenses. He was taking the duel to the next level. At this point, the only thing Yugi could do was to lessen the damage taken.

"When Sangan is sent from the field the graveyard, I can add one monster with fifteen hundred or less attack points to my hand. The one I pick is Watapon."

A very weak card in terms of attack and defense, Watapon had an special ability that, while not powerful, it would allow him to block one of the two attacks that were to come.

"When Watapon is added from the deck to my hand by a card effect, I can Special Summon it to the field. Come, Watapon, Ready to defend!"

Watapon (ATK/200 - DEF/300 - LV1)

The fluffy creature intercepted the first attack. Despite this, Yugi took a big hit from the second and most powerful one. His lifepoints dropped to forty three hundred.

It was his turn now.

"Draw."

The card was not one that could change the tides of the duel. Not alone.

Still, no matter what, he had to continue to believe in his cards. As long as the trust remains, they will eventually respond.

"I'm going to use Swords of Revealing Light. For three whole turns, you won't be able to attack."

During that time, Yugi would be able to think of a comeback. But once the three turns are gone, Alexander will be able to start attacking again.

"I'll set another monster in defense. That ends my turn..."

---

Deck
30 Cards
Swords of Revealing Light
3 turns remain

Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Face Down Monster
??? Def

Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
4300 Life Points
Hand 4 Cards

Alexander the Great
6500 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Gearfried tSM
2900 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 1 Card

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Divine Sword -
Phoenix Blade
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
47 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
September 14th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Very well then, I will once again activate Freed's effect. Taking another warrior from his deck he thought out his next plan. The boy had managed to get a card that could buy him some time this was a problem. He would need to bulster his forces so as to prepare for whatever secret plan the boy was planning.

"I summon the Marauding Captain in Attack mode! While this courageous captain is on the field no warriors shall fall, he is the perfect commander leading his troops both offensively and defensively."

The soldier stepped onto the field his face was covered in scars and you could tell from his green armor that he had seen his fair share of battles.

Marauding Captain (ATK/1200 - DEF/400 - LV3)

"Well boy, since you have that card up I can't very well attack you now can I, I'll end my turn."

Deck
30 Cards
3 turns remain

Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Face Down Monster
??? Def

Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
4300 Life Points
Hand 4 Cards

Alexander the Great
6500 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Gearfried tSM
2900 Atk
Marauding C.
1200 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 1 Card

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Divine Sword -
Phoenix Blade
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
46 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

"Good."

As long as the Swords of Revealing Light are on the field, Alexander should not be able to attack. And with the current hand and field situation, there was a powerful combo Yugi could use to bring out a powerful monster, even more powerful than those under his opponent's control.

---It begins. The counter attack.

"I'm flipping my face-down monster, making it ready to attack. Reveal yourself, Queen's Knight (ATK/1500 - DEF/1600 - LV4)!"

Normally, this move would put Yugi at a disadvantageous position. His monster having a weaker attack score than that of his enemies, his card would soon fall and he would lose a handful of life points as a result. But he was not done. And his queen was not alone, not anymore.

"I summon King's Knight (ATK/1600 - DEF/1400 - LV4)! And now, its effect activates. If I control on Queen's Knight, I can special summon a Jack's Knight (ATK/1900 - DEF/1000 - LV5) from my deck!"

The royal family was now on the battleground. Together, they would not fall. Still, there was more to come.

"From my hand, I activate the magic card, Fusion*. I'm combining the power of my three monsters! Fusion Summon! Come, Arcana Knight Joker (ATK/3800 - DEF/2500 - LV 9)!"

A level nine monster with an unbelievable high attack power. Only a few other cards in the whole game can defeat it in terms of attack strength. Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon being one of them.

Yugi made an evident pause. Right now, which of those monsters should he attack? Maybe Freed to prevent Alexander from getting the warriors he wants... Or should he defeat his stronger monster, Gearfried, in case he uses its effect once more? Wait... He was forgetting something.

That's right. The effect of the latest monster he summoned on to the field. To even hope to fight the other warriors, he would need to go after him first. There was no other path.

"I set a card face-down. Battle! Arcana Knight Joker attacks Marauding Captain... Triple Majestic Slash...!"

---

*Polymerization.

Deck
28 Cards
2 turns remain
Face Down
Spell or Trap card
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
1 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Arcana Knight Joker
3800 attack
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
4300 Life Points
Hand 2 Cards

Alexander the Great
6500 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Gearfried tSM
2900 Atk
Marauding C.
1200 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 1 Card

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Spell Field
Divine Sword -
Phoenix Blade
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
46 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
September 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM
The knight obliterated his captain who bravely stood up to block the attack from the other soldiers. Alex said his final farewell before activating Freed's effect yet again in order to summon yet another warrior.

"Hahahaha, you aren't getting rid of him that easily. I once again summon the Marauding Captain in Attack mode!

Marauding Captain (ATK/1200 - DEF/400 - LV3)

"But that isn't all I will do. I equip the Lightning Blade to my Gearfried the Sword Master! Equipping him with a card activates his effect yet again, and with it I target your Arcana Knight Joker!"

The torrent of energy once again rushed at the Royal Knight aiming to wipe it off the face of the board.

Deck
28 Cards
2 turns remain
Face Down
Spell or Trap card
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
1 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Arcana Knight Joker
3800 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
4300 Life Points
Hand 2 Cards

Alexander the Great
3900 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Gearfried tSM
3700 Atk
Marauding C.
1200 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 0 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Lightning Blade
Equ. to Gearfried
Divine Sword -
Phoenix Blade
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
45 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

[Yugioh OST - Passionate Duelists] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyqroTtIUog)

The torrent of energy was quickly approaching Yugi's royal warrior. However, he didn't seem to be worried at all. More like...

"... I wonder about that."

---He was confident about something.

There was an explosion, and the whole field got covered in smoke, preventing the players and the crowd to see the outcome of the clashing forces. This was just an illusion created by the solid vision system. In other words, both the monsters and the effects caused by their attacks were just holograms.

The smoke began to clear, and both monsters were still there. But there was a difference. With a sharp eye, one could notice what it was. The lighting sword, the legendary blade capable of controlling thunder, was no longer in Gearfried's hands. No, the one who was carryng it now was...

---Yugi's monster, Arcana Knight Joker!

"This all the work of my trap card, Fairy's hand Mirror." A confident Grin. "When a magic card that designates a monster as a target activates, I can change the target of that spell to another valid target. In this case, I gave your Lightning Blade to my Arcana Knight Joker. And since the card was never equipped to Gearfried, its effect does not activate...!"

---

Deck
28 Cards
2 turns remain
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
1 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Arcana Knight Joker
4600 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
4300 Life Points
Hand 2 Cards

Alexander the Great
3900 Life Points
Freed tMG
2300 Atk
Gearfried tSM
2900 Atk
Marauding C.
1200 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 0 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Lightning Blade
Equ. to Yugi's AKJ
Divine Sword -
Phoenix Blade
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
45 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
September 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM
'Very clever, he used my offensive tactic against me. Well I like a challenge, it brings out the best in a person, now lets get moving.'

"I switch Freed and Gearfried to defense position and end my turn, I'll admit it you got me with that trap card, good job boy."

Deck
28 Cards
2 turns remain
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
1 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Arcana Knight Joker
4600 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
4300 Life Points
Hand 2 Cards

Alexander the Great
3900 Life Points
Freed tMG
1700 Def
Gearfried tSM
2200 Def
Marauding C.
1200 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 0 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Lightning Blade
Equ. to Yugi's AKJ
Divine Sword -
Phoenix Blade
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
45 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

Yugi was back on track.

"It is my turn... Draw."

At this time, advantage of all kinds was with him. His hand contained three cards, while that of the opponent had zero. His lifepoints were higher than Alexander's, and the difference was about to grow larger. On top of that, he had the strongest monster on the field, with a power that most would fear, and an effect capable of protecting it from any threat. Yes, at this time, it was clear he was winning.

---But there was more. Now was the time to activate that card.

"From my hand, I play Dark Magic Curtain. By paying half of my life-points..."

The curtain opened slowly, dark fog coming out of it. A mysterious figure came out of it. It was...

"I can special summon the Dark Magician (ATK/2500 - DEF/2100 - LV7)!"

His ace card. His favorite wizard of black magic.

"Attack, Arcana Knight Joker...!"

With a swift strike, the second Marauding Captain was sent to the graveyard.

"Go, Dark Magician...! Black Magic!"

This time, it was Gearfried the victim of the powerful attacks used by Yugi's monsters. With that, his battle phase was done. The only monster that stood between him and Alexander was Freed, with the ability to call any warrior from the deck to the hand. But would that be enough to turn the tables...?

"Finally, I play Card Destruction. We discard all the cards in our hands, and draw the same number of cards from our deck. I discard Electromagnetic Turtle. I draw one card."

Since his opponent did not have any card on his hand, the effect of Card Destruction would not affect him.

"I end my turn."

---

Deck
26 Cards

1 turn remains

Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
1 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Arcana Knight Joker
4600 Atk

Dark Magician
2500 Atk

Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
2150 Life Points

Hand 1 Cards

Alexander the Great
0500 Life Points

Freed tMG
1700 Def
Monster Field

Monster Field

Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 0 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Lightning Blade
Equ. to Yugi's AKJ
Spell Field

Spell Field
Spell Field

Spell Field
Deck
45 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
September 28th, 2011, 12:36 AM
He was in a desperate situation indeed. His opponent had two strong monsters out on the field and he had one, however he was not a man who would simple lie down and give up no, he would fight till the very end.

"I activate Freed's effect once again and I select another warrior to add to my hand. I then set the warrior in face-down defense and end my turn."

'This warrior is my last chance, if he falls then I have nothing left so I must do this.'

Deck
26 Cards
1 turn remains
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Fusion Deck
1 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Arcana Knight Joker
4600 Atk
Dark Magician
2500 Atk
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Yugi Moto
2150 Life Points
Hand 1 Cards

Alexander the Great
0500 Life Points
Freed tMG
1700 Def
Face Down Monster
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 0 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Lightning Blade
Equ. to Yugi's AKJ
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
45 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

hero
September 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Mutou Yugi
Exhibition Match

"Draw!"

Yugi did not even need to look at the card. It was decided. The duel would come to an end this turn. As a true duelist he would not show mercy, and he would give it his all.

"With this, I can bring a monster back from the grave... Monster Reborn! Be revived, Breaker, the Magical Warrior!"

The crimson magician returned to the field. But he was not going to stay there for long, as Yugi planned to use him as a sacrifice.

"I tribute my monster to bring forth a new one... Come, Catapult Turtle (ATK/ 1000 - DEF/ 2000 - LV5)!"

And with this, it was settled. The final move was about to be made.

"Catapult Turtle has a special effect. I can select one monster I control and launch it using its catapult."

Arcana Knight Joker slowly walked towards it and prepared himself for what was to come. In a matter of seconds, he flew through the air, as he was quickly enveloped by flames. The objective was clear.

"That monster will be sent to the graveyard as a result, but you will take half of its attack points as life damage."

Arcana Knight Joker had Forty-six hundred attack points. That would mean Twenty-three hundred points of direct damage, an amount that could put an end to the fierce battle!

Milbunk
October 1st, 2011, 01:43 AM
Mako Tsunami
Exhibition Hall

The match was over, as the Joker knight hit the king's life points they went straight to 0 and after a friendly handshake the two duelist went off to talk about duels and such and both got ready to watch the next duel in place.

The announcer stood up and spoke his voice booming throughout the arena. "Hello ladies and gentlemen! The next exhibition match involves third place duelist in the worldwide tournament Mako Tsunami! His opponent today is a first-timer who goes by the name of Samyueru Shounin! Little is known about Samyueru so this shall be an interesting battle indeed.

Both players went up to the playing field and the coin was tossed. It showed that Mako would go first.

Drawing his cards he spoke out to the unknown duelist. "Welcome friend to this wonderful tournament! If I may give you a warning before we get started. My creatures of the deep shall drown you if you are not careful, Hahaha."

"For my first turn I place 2 cards in defense mode and set 1 monster."

Deck
49 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Extra Deck
2 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Samyueru Shounin
8000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Mako Tsunami
8000 Life Points
Face Down
Monster
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 3 Cards

Extra Deck
0 Cards
Face Down
Spell/Trap
Face Down
Spell/Trap
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
35 Cards
Removed From Play
0 Cards

Xamusel
October 1st, 2011, 02:16 AM
Samyueru Shounin
Exhibition Hall

Samyueru says nothing to the warning, instead waiting for Mako Tsunami to end his turn. With a cold mask on, he said, "I place one monster in face-down defense position and end my turn".

Deck
45 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Extra Deck
2 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Face down
Monster
Samyueru Shounin
8000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Mako Tsunami
8000 Life Points
Face down
Monster
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 3 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Face down
Spell/Trap
Face down
Spell/Trap
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
35 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
October 1st, 2011, 02:54 AM
Mako Tsunami
Exhibition Hall

"Alright then, first I draw my card. After drawing I set one more card in face down position I then summon my Amphibious Bugroth MK-3!"

Amphibious Bugroth MK-3 (ATK/1500 - DEF/1300 - LV4)

A large machine that looked like it was made for deep sea exploration came onto the field, it had a bright red paint job. "But I'm not done yet! I then flip summon my face down monster Maiden of the Aqua!"

Maiden of the Aqua (ATK/700 - DEF/2000 - LV4)

A young girl appeared from the face down card, she held a trident and her clothes were the color of the deep blue sea. Mako began to explain her special ability for all to hear.

"When Maiden of the Aqua is on the field the entire field is treated the same as the field card Umi. Unfortunately for you, this lets me use Amphibious Bugroth's special effect! With it he can attack your life points directly without having to destroy your monsters. Now Amphibious Bugroth go!"

The large machine rammed Samyueru and his life points went down by 1500. "All right then I end my turn."

However as his opponent drew his next card Mako spoke once again. "I still have one more to go, I activate my trap card Needle Wall!" During my standby phase I get to roll a dice, depending on the number it gets to destroy one of your monster zones!"

Deck
45 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Extra Deck
2 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Face down
Monster
Samyueru Shounin
6500 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Mako Tsunami
8000 Life Points
Maiden of the Aqua
700 ATK
Amphibious Bugroth Mk-3
1500 ATK
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
"Umi"
Hand 2 Cards

Fusion Deck
0 Cards
Face down
Spell/Trap
Face down
Spell/Trap
Needle Wall
Continuous Trap
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
34 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Xamusel
October 1st, 2011, 03:27 AM
"Pfft... typical. Hiding in the water itself, huh? Well, I won't let you continue," Samyueru says. Smirking to himself, he says, "I summon Karakuri Ninja Model 919 "Kuick" in attack mode, Mako Tsunami, with the intent of taking out your Maiden of the Aqua."

Karakuri Ninja Model 919 "Kuick" (ATK/1700 - DEF/1500 - LV4)

With a slash of the Tanto, the Maiden of the Aqua was easily destroyed, in a cold and methodical method done by a heartless robot.

"I end my turn, Mako, and, if I'm not mistaken, you need to try finding another Umi somewhere."

Deck
44 Cards

Spell Field

Spell Field

Spell Field

Spell Field

Spell Field

Extra Deck
2 Cards

Removed from Play
0 Cards

Field Card

Monster Field

Monster Field

Monster Field

Karakuri Ninja Model 919 "Kuick"
1700 ATK

Face Down
Monster

Samyueru Shounin
6500 Life Points

Hand 5 Cards

Mako Tsunami
7000 Life Points

Monster Field

Amphibious Bugroth Mk-3
1500 ATK

Monster Field

Monster Field

Monster Field

Field Card

Hand 2 Cards

Fusion Deck
2 Cards

Face down
Spell/trap Card

Face down
Spell/trap Card

Needle Wall
Continuous Trap

Spell Field

Spell Field

Deck
34 Cards

Removed from Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
October 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Mako Tsunami
Exhibition Hall

"No worries, a good hunter of the sea is always prepared for any situation." drawing his next card the giant dice rolled onto the field to indicate the activation of Needle Wall the first roll was a 6 which meant a re-roll was in order. The giant dice was once again sent flying the crows was silent and everyones eyes were fixed on the giant numbers as they started slowing down. Finally they stopped and the dice showed a large 2 on the front. A giant wall of needles flattened the defenseless ninja sending him straight to the graveyard.

Looking through his hand Mako made a decision, "I summon yet another Maiden of the Aqua in attack mode! You won't get rid of the sea that easily I'm afraid."

"Once Again I use the Amphibious Bugroth to attack your life points directly!"

After that the hunter of the sea ended his turn and waited for the challengers next move.

Deck
44 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Extra Deck
2 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Face Down
Monster
Samyueru Shounin
5000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Mako Tsunami
7000 Life Points
Maiden of the Aqua
700 ATK
Amphibious Bugroth Mk-3
1500 ATK
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 2 Cards

Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Face down
Spell/trap Card
Face down
Spell/trap Card
Needle Wall
Continuous Trap
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
34 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
October 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mako Tsunami
Exhibition Hall

"No worries, a good hunter of the sea is always prepared for any situation." drawing his next card the giant dice rolled onto the field to indicate the activation of Needle Wall the first roll was a 6 which meant a re-roll was in order. The giant dice was once again sent flying the crows was silent and everyones eyes were fixed on the giant numbers as they started slowing down. Finally they stopped and the dice showed a large 2 on the front. A giant wall of needles flattened the defenseless ninja sending him straight to the graveyard.

Looking through his hand Mako made a decision, "I summon yet another Maiden of the Aqua in attack mode! You won't get rid of the sea that easily I'm afraid."

"Once Again I use the Amphibious Bugroth to attack your life points directly!"

After that the hunter of the sea ended his turn and waited for the challengers next move.

Deck
44 Cards
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Extra Deck
2 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Face Down
Monster
Samyueru Shounin
5000 Life Points
Hand 5 Cards

Mako Tsunami
7000 Life Points
Maiden of the Aqua
700 ATK
Amphibious Bugroth Mk-3
1500 ATK
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 2 Cards

Fusion Deck
2 Cards
Face down
Spell/trap Card
Face down
Spell/trap Card
Needle Wall
Continuous Trap
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
34 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Xamusel
October 4th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Samyueru says nothing, seeing his doll ninja go to the graveyard, and waiting for the right chance to use his better cards. He draws another card, noting it was a useless spell card... wait a minute!

Another smirk appeared on his face, this time ready to use a better card that he needed to pull off a victory, so that he could use its abilities to the fullest.

"I believe this is check before mate," he says to Mako, "because I sacrifice my facedown monster to bring forth Reptilianne Medusa in attack mode!"

Reptilianne Medusa (ATK/2200 - DEF/800 - LV6)

"I activate its special ability, which lets me choose one of your monsters and force it down to 0 Attack points, and it can't change its battle position, all at the cost of sending one card to the graveyard, and I choose..." he pauses for drama effects, the crowd wondering which one will soon be meeting its maker, "your Maiden of the Aqua!"

With that, the maiden lost her ability to attack, as the giant Medusa looked upon her and made her freeze in fear.

What was left was the need to destroy, and Samyueru gave the order, "Obliterate the Maiden of the Aqua, Reptilianne Medusa".

After that, the turn became over, with the second of three Maidens down that were of the same type. Samyueru knew he wasn't out of it yet, though... he needed a bit more help to win the duel.

Deck
43 Cards

Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Spell Field
Extra Deck
2 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Field Card
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Reptilianne Medusa
2200 ATK

Samyueru Shounin
5000 Life Points
Hand 4 Cards

Mako Tsunami
4800 Life Points

Monster Field

Amphibious Bugroth Mk-3
1500 ATK

Monster Field
Monster Field
Monster Field
Field Card
Hand 2 Cards

Fusion Deck
2 Cards

Face down
Spell/trap Card

Face down
Spell/trap Card

Needle Wall
Continuous Trap
Spell Field
Spell Field
Deck
34 Cards
Removed from Play
0 Cards

Milbunk
April 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM
Tokiomi Tohsaka
Field Near Fuyuki

"A gentlemen's challenge"

That was what the note he had received said. Tokiomi was not one for measly tricks so this was a rather refreshing turn of events.

After finding the specified field way out on the outskirts of Fuyuki city he waited for his so called challenger to appear. With him he had his trusty staff along with a few other assorted gems for the fight.

Xamusel
April 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Samyueru Shounin was about to get his opponent to draw when suddenly...

The dueling arena short-circuited.

"Attention, please," came the voice of Seto Kaiba over the loud speakers, causing everyone in the stadium to look around. "Due to unforeseen circumstances, this duel will not be recorded as a win or a loss to either duelist, due to the tampering of the software in the arena."

A great outcry could be heard from the audience, but Samyueru was unconcerned. As far as he cared, the duel could be fought another day, so he gathered his cards and discreetly left the arena, with nobody the wiser that he had left.

SeiKeo
April 21st, 2012, 10:37 PM
Tokiomi Tohsaka
Field Near Fuyuki

"A gentlemen's challenge"

That was what the note he had received said. Tokiomi was not one for measly tricks so this was a rather refreshing turn of events.

After finding the specified field way out on the outskirts of Fuyuki city he waited for his so called challenger to appear. With him he had his trusty staff along with a few other assorted gems for the fight.

"Tohsaka Tokiomi." A voice reverberated, aristocratic and cold. "It is novel to see finally a proper magus willing to engage in combat."

But, nobody seemed to speak it. The voice came from the grass, the trees scattered about... the air? It was everywhere, the voice of a ghost. "Present yourself."

Any watcher of the scene could feel the break in their mind, as normality took a temporary break. In a circle around Tokiomi, black shapes tore windows in the air, erupting and rushing towards the magus at high speed. Fast and faintly formed, all that could be seen of them was that they were low to the ground and possessed two burning eyes a piece.

Kayneth is on a hill about 300 meters away from Tokiomi. The site is prepared with defensive bounded fields, similar to the ones on the Hyatt.