PDA

View Full Version : Arcueid Information Thread

SeiKeo
September 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Because we have quite a few arguments about Arc-related stuff, this thread is going to try and gather information, complete with moonrunes and sources, for various Arc things.

ƒƒ‹ƒeƒBƒuƒ‰ƒbƒh Melty Blood
For those who were wondering what it actually stood for, it's the name of the finishing move for Arcueid's Blood Heat Arc Drive in the game. Her chains are created by Marble Phantasm, but her claw is the "Melty Blood"

100%

VS Nero

Technically speaking, Arcueid cannot slay Nero even when she is serious.
(...本来ならアルクェイドが本気になっても殺しきれない。)
Source: Plus Period, Nero Chaos Entry

100%

VS Ciel's Black Keys

With Armour Effect, three Black Keys were able to knock Arc from one side of the park to the other.
(アルクェイド・ブリュンスタッドにいたっては公園の端から端までゴロゴロと吹き飛んだ。)
One of Ciel's Black Keys is able to slay one Dead Apostle 6 times.
(シエルのものは一本で通常の死徒ならば6度滅ぼしうる。)

Source: Plus Period, Jonnobi

100%

well, lets have a look, ill just borrow this from tang.

I guess it could go either way. len seems a little frazzled, so there is that, either len got a lot stronger or arc got a lot weaker, even if arc still ended up throwing it.

..huh, wait, would that mean something that if not one, has at least some of the characteristics of a reality marble can actually cut off arc's unlimited back up?

Original Japanese is
私と互角……いえ、私の能力向上はできない、か。

Which is more like...
We are even....no, I can't boost my power?

100%

Ok then, I have a few. From Kagetsu Tohya:

だが教会はいまだ彼女を実在のモノと扱っではいなかった。
当然だろう。教会は常を守る者、朱い月と同規模の超越種の台頭など

A transcendent being on the same scale as the Crimson Moon.

SeiKeo
September 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Reserved.

SeiKeo
September 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
There's a lot of Arc stuff, reserved.

food
September 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Alright, thou art thread god now. Govern with wisdom.

Can you copy the stuff I had on the other thread so I can kill it now?

SeiKeo
September 13th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Yeppers, done.

Tobias
September 13th, 2011, 09:38 PM
In white len's story mode in melty blood, she successfully prevents arcueid from utilizing her unlimited back up. Confirmed by arc herself.

Lianru
September 13th, 2011, 09:39 PM
^Note: TATARI.
Just a note. I am not implying anything, especially since I don't remember that scene.

food
September 13th, 2011, 09:40 PM
In white len's story mode in melty blood, she successfully prevents arcueid from utilizing her unlimited back up. Confirmed by arc herself.

Need some wapanese quote or someone's translation of the dialogue.

Tangerang
September 13th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Need some wapanese quote or someone's translation of the dialogue.

well, lets have a look, ill just borrow this from tang.

I guess it could go either way. len seems a little frazzled, so there is that, either len got a lot stronger or arc got a lot weaker, even if arc still ended up throwing it.

..huh, wait, would that mean something that if not one, has at least some of the characteristics of a reality marble can actually cut off arc's unlimited back up?

Original Japanese is
私と互角……いえ、私の能力向上はできない、か。

Which is more like...
We are even....no, I can't boost my power?

here you go

Tobias
September 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
appreciate that tang, would have taken me forever to fish that out.

Dartz
September 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Ok then, I have a few. From Kagetsu Tohya:

だが教会はいまだ彼女を実在のモノと扱っではいなかった。
当然だろう。教会は常を守る者、朱い月と同規模の超越種の台頭など

However, the church is still denying her existance. That's natural. The church is conservative. It wouldn't be possible for them to admit the existance of a being that equals the Crimson Moon in scale that easily.

Source: Roa, Kagetsu Tohya.

Don't forget to add it.

>Q.奈須きのこ作品全部を通して(空の境界、月姫、Fate、DDD)最強キャラ
>トップ3を決めるとしたら誰になりますか?

>真面目な話なら1.アルクェイド、2.“両儀式”、3.原初の悪魔でしょうか。
>(サーヴァント除く)

Also, strongest character in Type Moon works.

Source: Q&A by Nasu. http://blog.livedoor.jp/humanity6/archives/50659922.html

十七番目の転生体でも打倒し得るが、朱い月が現れれば魔術回路をすべて防御に回したところでロアは数秒程し か持たない。

Roa's 17th incarnation can only last a few seconds against her as the Crimson Moon, if all his Magic Circuits are focused on defense.

Source: MBAA, Jonnobi (Arcueid's profile)

It sucks that I can't translate it better. Oh well.

Tangerang
September 13th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Nothing for something about Arc that's rather obscure

ƒƒ‹ƒeƒBƒuƒ‰ƒbƒh Melty Blood
For those who were wondering what it actually stood for, it's the name of the finishing move for Arcueid's Blood Heat Arc Drive in the game. Her chains are created by Marble Phantasm, but her claw is the "Melty Blood"

SeiKeo
September 13th, 2011, 11:48 PM
...oy vey, Japan. What the heck is Melty Blood supposed to mean!?

deadfish
September 13th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Blood that's melty, duh.

Five_X
September 13th, 2011, 11:50 PM
They're using English in the same way drunk college students use Chinese in tattoos.

Mcjon01
September 13th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I think the problem is that you guys don't know the definition of "melty":

Melty, adjective: from the English 'melt'
1: An edible foodstuff possessing viscous qualities; 2: See goolicious.

Nasu is a big fan of Taco Bell.

SeiKeo
September 13th, 2011, 11:55 PM
So, goolicious blood?

Tangerang
Arc throws taco bell at her enemies for her arc drive?

Also, quick somebody get the engrish from MBAC and Fate/Extra!

Mcjon01
Exactly.

food
September 13th, 2011, 11:57 PM
They were probably going for "Molten Blood" or something cool, but had a dictionary accident.

I3uster
September 14th, 2011, 03:59 AM
But blood is already molten...

Cruor
November 24th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Demon Lord 2 stronk.

Lets make a super Ancestor to fight Demon Lords.

Oh wait this Ancestor is like, really, really strong.

Uhh, lets not teach her anything and keep her asleep whenever she is not fighting those faget Demon Lords.

Wait, she sucked the blood of that random priest we let in? OH FFFFFFFF

theadmiral
November 24th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I mean when they created her, why they chose to do that, since not use as weapon for fight until later.

Cruor
November 24th, 2013, 10:26 PM
No they literally created her entirely to fight the Demon Lords as it was kinda hard to kill them.

theadmiral
November 24th, 2013, 10:30 PM
No they literally created her entirely to fight the Demon Lords as it was kinda hard to kill them. Thanks for answer. Ok but what is reason then for more stronger than all others?

Arha
November 24th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Because a demon lord is always going to be stronger than a true ancestor due to not having to suppress its bloodlust using a growing amount of its own power. So they went and made one that was far stronger than any that came before it and would never feel the need to drink blood.

theadmiral
November 24th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Because a demon lord is always going to be stronger than a true ancestor due to not having to suppress its bloodlust using a growing amount of its own power. So they went and made one that was far stronger than any that came before it and would never feel the need to drink blood.

But is this a new special procedure at this time or just they figure it out or something? Or they always had ability to but hadn't needed?

Arha
November 24th, 2013, 11:10 PM
The True Ancestor numbers were on the decline because a new one would only come into existence when the planet deemed it necessary, but they would lose members to fighting, turning into demon lords and finally just entering an eternal hibernation. Seeing that they wouldn't be able to deal with the situation much longer, they gathered together and brought a new True Ancestor into existence that was more perfect than any that had come before it.

So, basically, it was probably something they could always do, but never bothered, and as a result they made someone that was around the same level as Crimson Moon. Close enough for her to be a potential new vessel for him under the right circumstances, in any case.

Actually, come to think of it, you'd think that given how a True Ancestor comes into existence Arcueid wiping them out wouldn't mean an end to the race. I guess as flawed creations Gaia wouldn't want to bother though.

aldeayeah
November 25th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Sometime around the end of the Age of Gods, Gaia stopped giving a fuck and never looked back.

ChronoReverse
November 25th, 2013, 11:48 AM
It's Gaia's own fault she dies in Notes then =D

aldeayeah
November 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM
She just wanted to breed many different pokemon, never thought they would go rogue like humanity did. That whole True Ancestor/Beast of Gaia business was a rather half-assed attempt at keeping them in line after plan A backfired. I blame Gilgamesh.

Siriel
November 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
She just wanted to breed many different pokemon, never thought they would go rogue like humanity did. That whole True Ancestor/Beast of Gaia business was a rather half-assed attempt at keeping them in line after plan A backfired. I blame Gilgamesh.

Gaia should have known better than to use a high-level hero when she didn't have all the badges yet.

Dartz
November 25th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Nah, CM would have easily eliminated all humans if not for Zel stopping him.

Zenieth
November 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Such an amazing feat of that one guy who's not even from there.

aldeayeah
November 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Nah, CM would have easily eliminated all humans if not for Zel stopping him.

If the will of the planet were to exterminate humans, TAs would have done nothing to stop Demon Lords, or their own bloodlust for that matter. To put it bluntly, Gaia is hopelessly tsundere for humanity.

lolque
November 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
A mere human stopping the omnipotent Crimson Moon. I always loved that concept and the final supremacy of humanity in this world, lol.

Cruor
November 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM
If the will of the planet were to exterminate humans, TAs would have done nothing to stop Demon Lords, or their own bloodlust for that matter. To put it bluntly, Gaia is hopelessly tsundere for humanity.

Gaia created the TA's to rule/manage humans.

Mcjon01
November 25th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Gaia created the TA's to rule/manage humans.
Yeah, I remember when my manager went around and killed everybody on our floor because that was his job.

theadmiral
November 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM
but Arcueid different from all other ancestor before.. much more power

LJ3
November 26th, 2013, 02:08 AM
A creation surpassing the creators?

Dunno details, but there's the rub.

Zenieth
November 26th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Yeah, I remember when my manager went around and killed everybody on our floor because that was his job.

it's almost like the world's best doge isn't a thing.

aldeayeah
November 26th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Unless it actually goes on a rampage and slaughters billions, it's a pointless thing, at best.

Zenieth
November 26th, 2013, 06:21 AM
It's almost like there's a common theme among stuff Gaia makes

forumghost
November 26th, 2013, 06:25 AM
It's almost like there's a common theme among stuff Gaia makes

No matter what, everything Gaia does ends up failing on an epic scale.

Gaia confirmed for Einzbern?

Dartz
November 26th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Archetype would have accomplised what she set out to do, if not for Arc stopping her. Because Arc can even beat herself. That event can be taken as being epic success considering Arc's purpose is to protect the world, and yes she did.

LJ3
November 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Archetype would have accomplised what she set out to do, if not for Arc stopping her. Because Arc can even beat herself. That event can be taken as being epic success considering Arc's purpose is to protect the world, and yes she did.

There's no denying she did so at that point. But trying to say this is what she was supposed to do as her purpose in life is sketchy at best.

Dartz
November 26th, 2013, 12:11 PM
The purpose of the Counter Force of Gaia is to protect the world from destruction that originates from nature or from outside the Earth, and they do that all the time. I fail to see how it's sketchy.

DezoPenguin
November 26th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Wait, I thought the Counter Force was Alaya, not Gaia?

Kirby
November 26th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the Counter Force is used by both sides.

Siriel
November 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Counter Force is literally just "a force that opposes something". Surprise, there is more than one.

Arha
November 26th, 2013, 03:48 PM
The counter force does both. One side of it protects humanity and the other the planet. Things like Arcueid are part of Gaia's counter force while counter guardians are part of Alaya's.

deimos
November 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Gaia's Counter Force are TA's and PM, Alaya's Counter Force are the "cleaners" like EMIYA.

LJ3
November 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Then you are right that Arcueid would be part of the Gaian Counter Force. Though I am still unsure if that is the Archetype persona specifically since I judge Arc by her original purpose of killing Demon Lords and hunting Dead Apostles. And I think I'm reacting in disapproval of what comes off as a oddly sycophantic description.

theadmiral
November 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
This question some silly but it always bother to me. When Shiki gets knife and attack Arcueid into so many piece , I understand Arcueid revive and next traverse to at school to confront Shiki.

But what I confuse is when in 19 piece or how many piece, what does revive appear to happen? Does pieces move around and go back into whole body? Or does piece disappear and new body now spawn? Or do we simple not know answer?

aldeayeah
November 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM
She tried to put back the pieces, but it didn't work, so she had to respawn. I think.

Siriel
November 29th, 2013, 11:54 AM
No, it was duct tape.

Nothing it can't do.

Christemo
November 29th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Duct Tape is the real 4th Sorcery.

theadmiral
November 29th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I don't think use of tape.....

aldeayeah
November 30th, 2013, 07:21 AM
there was some fanart or something of Arc putting herself back together and failing, but I can't find it anymore

deimos
December 4th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I don't think use of tape.....http://i.imgur.com/Gregiyx.png

theadmiral
December 4th, 2013, 06:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Gregiyx.png

Wow, so it true of then that she tape use on self after Shiki kill? I thought everyone joke at me....

Hen_Ichi
December 4th, 2013, 06:50 PM
no. It's just that the seriousness has departed this thread awhile ago....

theadmiral
December 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM
What is happen into that picture

Hen_Ichi
December 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM
She's still not healing properly after Shiki had his way with her. After injury she decided to patch up with packing tape.
Shows Shiki and he's like - Wut?

That's all. Sprite was only used for that one bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and then we get a scene of Shiki doing his thing to Arcueid whilst she's moaning and giggling.

theadmiral
December 4th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I'm only talk of what happen inbetweeen time of shiki attack at apartment when then now next time he go on street and she sit there

Hen_Ichi
December 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I know, but I don't think we have any more information other than she found that she, or her parts failed to regenerate and had to remake herself instead of regenerating those parts.

Makes me wonder if she had 17 meaty corpse chunks to dispose of >.>

Huitante
December 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Gregiyx.png

Somehow I totally didn't pay attention to this total winner of "the most Takeuchi arms" when played.

012yArthur0
December 4th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Somehow I totally didn't pay attention to this total winner of "the most Takeuchi arms" when played.

Call me a complete idiot for not noticing it, but "The most Takeuchi arms"?

Huitante
December 4th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Call me a complete idiot for not noticing it, but "The most Takeuchi arms"?
Very un-anatomically elongated. One of the trademark features of Takeuchi's style, less prominent in more recent pictures. In fact, it's not just arms, but limbs in general.

theadmiral
December 4th, 2013, 10:19 PM
If of arcueid extend at arm all full degrees think you now this arm/hands go past knee? Because she is not cave woman.

gwonbush
December 4th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Whenever people call out Takeuchi's arms I find nothing wrong with it. My arms can do the same just fine.

Kuradora
December 4th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Whenever people call out Takeuchi's arms I find nothing wrong with it. My arms can do the same just fine.

Your upper arms end at your butt?

Arha
December 4th, 2013, 11:08 PM
So, why exactly did Arcueid have to hold her body together with masking tape when she created an entirely new one for herself anyway? I mean, she gave up on trying to just put her body back together, so it shouldn't still be all cut up.

You
December 5th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Same thing with Kirie I guess.

aldeayeah
December 5th, 2013, 03:48 AM
So, why exactly did Arcueid have to hold her body together with masking tape when she created an entirely new one for herself anyway? I mean, she gave up on trying to just put her body back together, so it shouldn't still be all cut up.

Because the time she used tape she hadn't been wounded by Shiki; it had been Nrvnqsr's crocodile bite.

And she was running on fumes, so making a new body was probably out of the question.

012yArthur0
December 5th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Now comes an important and interesting question:

-What is her 3 Sizes?

I'm posting it because someone have to.

Huitante
December 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Now comes an important and interesting question:
-What is her 3 Sizes?

B88/W55/H85
lol I'm actually reposting this from tm wiki

Arha
December 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Because the time she used tape she hadn't been wounded by Shiki; it had been Nrvnqsr's crocodile bite.

And she was running on fumes, so making a new body was probably out of the question.

Didn't she state that her internal damage from Shiki's attack hadn't healed?

Dartz
December 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Conceptual damage.

You
December 5th, 2013, 01:11 PM

"Arcueid----!?"
I rush over to her.
Sweat glistens on her forehead and she is breathing painfully.
"...... Aw man, it seems I still can't do much."
I look down.
Her white top is soaked red near her stomach.

"You, that wound----"
"Ah, this? The effects of your attack are still lingering and I can't even heal my wounds.
I closed off the wound at least but it seems it didn't work too well."
Her tone is very cheerful.
But I notice it has a hint of pain.

Yah, it's the Kirie thing. Cut lines carry over to other bodies, but Arc is stronk so she can recover from them while Kirie by herself won't.

Mcjon01
December 5th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Or the lingering effects of his attack was the having no energy thing, making her unable to heal, and that wound was totally unrelated and not the Kirie thing at all.

MissingMandible
December 5th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Or the lingering effects of his attack was the having no energy thing, making her unable to heal, and that wound was totally unrelated and not the Kirie thing at all.
That's what I got from it, too.

aldeayeah
December 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM
It's pretty obvious. When Shiki removes the tape, he doesn't see knife cuts. He sees this:

But there are still four golf ball-sized black holes from the fangs of the crocodile.

You
December 5th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Y'all know, I've never actually read it that way.

aldeayeah
December 5th, 2013, 02:10 PM
As seen in the Ciel route, killing her body didn't do any lasting damage to Arc.

What did her in was falling in love.