PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this goes here, but...

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 10:00 PM
So, I had some plot bunnies inhabit my mind a while ago, but they were baby ones... not fully developed. Therefore, I would like your help to develop them further, and, like the title suggests, I am not really sure if this goes here (mainly due to Type-MOON ideas in here as well).

Bleach x Tsukihime: Moonless Princess (A spin on things where Ichigo has access to a different type of supernatural power... a power that requires one to walk with death in a different manner... He is a Magus, one of the select few to use inner energy, Od, and outer energy, Mana. One day, he aids a ghost girl and finds a young man in his house that doesn't belong there, then he finds a girl that had somehow snuck into his room while bypassing the Bounded Field he had in place, and then a Phantasmal Beast the girl calls a Hollow attacks his family. All in all... Akasha is screwing with him, isn't it?)

Bleach x Fate/stay Night: Fate/Midnight's Howl (Ignore the part about the Fullbring, that doesn't happen in this story. This AU says that Ichigo had training to be a Magus before his mother died, and he has been selected by the Holy Grail to participate in an extended free-for-all... hang on, who's the blonde chic, anyway? Why is she calling him "Master"?)

Tales of the Abyss x Fate/stay Night: Tales of the Faked Faker (Luke and Tear have a son, who was kidnapped to see if he could use the Seventh Fonon by a rogue faction, only for a Replica to be made that had the Seventh Fonon. What if said Replica turned out to be Shirou Emiya? What if a Hyperresonance took him to a different world via Kaleidascope? How the heck do you guys think that would turn out, especially with an original that wants to end the life of his fake?)

Gundam SEED x Code Geass: Geass of the Bloody Valentine (Lelouch stumbles into a cryogenic pod right before the second battle of Tokyo. When he wakes up, he realizes that three centuries have passed by, and humanity had forgotten about the Holy Britannian Empire and the rest of the world he was familiar with... including the Black Knights. When Lelouch sees what atrocities are about to be committed in the upcoming war, he vows to end it, with his own hands. Who will survive?) (Was expanded upon more when asked for details on how Lelouch could even pilot a normal SEED-verse Mobile Suit in the first place, so that it explains what CC's been up to for the while Lelouch was in Cryo, including getting Lelouch some Physical Therapy classes to let him pilot it in the first place and obtaining a GINN for him to pilot with an OS that Lelouch figures out how to reprogram)

Gundam (each whole franchise) x Naruto: Gundam Shinobi (Naruto finds a strange artifact in the Forbidden Scroll that night which makes him wonder about life on other planets... and what happened to end the advanced civilization on his planet. What he found was technologically beyond anything he had ever read about... a supercomputer that connects with a giant mechanical humanoid called Mobile Suit Gundam... better plot in the works.) (Given a better idea in one regard, thanks to Nununu, in that it works similarly to Turn A Gundam (with the Turn A not in Naruto's possession in the foreseeable future), though I've yet to fully understand the plot of Turn A, I'll have to watch the show when I can to understand the idea behind it better)

More will be added on at a later time, so please, give me time to think over the plot bunnies.

SeiKeo
September 18th, 2011, 10:10 PM
No, this is fine in here. The TM crossovers might get more attention in Fanfics, but it's good.

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Ah, thanks for clarifying, Leo.

Also, do you have any thoughts on the subject, at any rate?

SeiKeo
September 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah, not familiar with any of the things on that list besides TM. Yes, I have huge gaps in my anime watching. Come at me.

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Nah, not interested in getting into a fight, Leo.

nununu
September 18th, 2011, 10:26 PM
The Turn A bit: The Turn A was hidden in plain sight as a statue which the locals worship as an idol. Similar ancient caches were found all over the planet. The events of Turn A was set in a far future timeline so the units were actually advanced tech. Maybe you could even incorporate the Juubi/Sage of Six Paths story somewhere in there.

With regard to the Geass/SEED one, the tech/setting/timeline isn't too far apart that 300 years seems pushing it. Sword of Damocles was already an orbital missle platform and Knightmare tech was quite advanced already. You've prolly have to pull off some cataclysmic event to handwave off the lack of tech progression, at the very least.

As for the others ones, I either think the set-up is too convoluted or else rub me wrong.

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Well, I don't want to rub anyone the wrong way, nor do I like it when my own works are convoluted... if you could explain what you mean on each one, I'd be happy to see about fixing up the details, no problem.

Also, regarding the Geass/SEED one, I believe there's a logical explanation involved in the series already: Reconstruction Wars.

nununu
September 18th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Nothing serious really, I just thought you were trying too hard to come up with backgrounds to try and replace actually interesting protagonists. Nothing that hasn't been done before really-- just rubs me the wrong way. It not like those Louise-summons-someone-other-than-Saito fics since Saito was just a run-of-the-mill teenager. It's just me, really. Carry on.

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Okay, I see, Nununu.

Still, I'm not trying to replace Shiki, Shirou, or whoever else, if that helps matters.

Sei
September 18th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I think that the Bleach x Tsukihime has the most potential, but I still don't know. The difference between Shinigami and people like Shiki is kinda big, and Shinigami really don't seem to stack up against Servants too well.

Personally, I don't think you should be trying to make Ichigo a magus either. It just seems a little copy-and-paste to me. Him staying a Shinigami seems like it would introduce new elements to the nasuverse.

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Huh. Well, I didn't think of it that way, that's for certain.

Still, Ichigo staying a Shinigami has already been done before, if you haven't read Fate/Black Reflection. I haven't seen him be a magus before, so that's part of my reason for trying that angle, honestly.

nununu
September 18th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Hmm... maybe you rework that Bleach/FSN idea a bit. Make Ichigo someone who has magus potential, kinda like Sacchin, who got dragged in the War because of the Grail mistaking him for a candidate magus. You could his time as a Soul Reaper stimulated his circuits and simulated magic practice. Potential set-up to have post-Aizen Ichigo to gradually recover his powers. Or maybe he could replace Kuzuki and be Caster's Master(LOL talk about hypocrisy). You could present a non-magus outsider's perspective of the War this way.

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Again, an idea that I didn't think of that way, but one which is "Why the hell didn't I think of it sooner?!"

At least for the first idea, I would rather keep Kuzuki as Medea's Master, if possible.

Sei
September 18th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Hmm... maybe you rework that Bleach/FSN idea a bit. Make Ichigo someone who has magus potential, kinda like Sacchin, who got dragged in the War because of the Grail mistaking him for a candidate magus. You could his time as a Soul Reaper stimulated his circuits and simulated magic practice. Potential set-up to have post-Aizen Ichigo to gradually recover his powers. Or maybe he could replace Kuzuki and be Caster's Master(LOL talk about hypocrisy). You could present a non-magus outsider's perspective of the War this way.

This idea is interesting. If you wanted, you could say something along the lines of "Ichigo's reiatsu turned into magical energy" or something like that.

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hmm... That does seem likely.

Still, why am I feeling like I'm missing out on one important fact, when...?

Ah, forget it, I'll think of it later.

Sei
September 18th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Just going on a bit here, but it would kind of make sense. Reiatsu and Prana are both linked to the soul, so if you consider reiatsu to be a more spiritual matter and prana to be a more physical manner. It would kind of fall into place.

Since Ichigo during the fight with Aizen was pretty much physical strength and magi do have to be in pretty good physical shape...you could work something out fairly easily. :/

Xamusel
September 18th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Hmm... that actually makes more than enough sense!

Thanks for the help.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Bleach x Fate/stay Night: Fate/Midnight's Howl (Ignore the part about the Fullbring, that doesn't happen in this story. This AU says that Ichigo had training to be a Magus before his mother died, and he has been selected by the Holy Grail to participate in an extended free-for-all... hang on, who's the blonde chic, anyway? Why is she calling him "Master"?)

If the first thing you have to say about an idea is "Pretend X never happened" then your idea already has a serious problem, and making Ichigo a Magus? That's a little convenient, why did he never use his "magic" during any of the other Arcs? Any magic he has that could be used to fight servants, would surely be useful to fight Shinigami!

And are you fucking serious! You're just having him replace Shirou! Even giving him his Servant! What, does he have Shirou's magic as well? Avalon? What!? You can't be fucking serious about this!

Tales of the Abyss x Fate/stay Night: Tales of the Faked Faker (Luke and Tear have a son, who was kidnapped to see if he could use the Seventh Fonon by a rogue faction, only for a Replica to be made that had the Seventh Fonon. What if said Replica turned out to be Shirou Emiya? What if a Hyperresonance took him to a different world via Kaleidascope? How the heck do you guys think that would turn out, especially with an original that wants to end the life of his fake?)

Alright where to start... Oh, I know! How about the fact that they stopped the planet storm, preventing the creation of anymore fonnons? Or, how about the fact that, a "Shirou Emiya" from that universe would be useless, since he would have no magic circuits, no nothing! And how about this Rouge Faction? You do know that by that point Luke would be a Duke? And the Queen's Cousin, and Tear's Ex-Military. Even if a Rouge faction existed, it would be impossible for them to kidnap "Shirou".

And, Fate!Shirou would likely be dead, if "Shirou" ended up being raised by Kiritsugu, and if he didn't, why should he care about "Shirou"?

Ergast
September 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Let's see...

So, I had some plot bunnies inhabit my mind a while ago, but they were baby ones... not fully developed. Therefore, I would like your help to develop them further, and, like the title suggests, I am not really sure if this goes here (mainly due to Type-MOON ideas in here as well).

Bleach x Tsukihime: Moonless Princess (A spin on things where Ichigo has access to a different type of supernatural power... a power that requires one to walk with death in a different manner... He is a Magus, one of the select few to use inner energy, Od, and outer energy, Mana. One day, he aids a ghost girl and finds a young man in his house that doesn't belong there, then he finds a girl that had somehow snuck into his room while bypassing the Bounded Field he had in place, and then a Phantasmal Beast the girl calls a Hollow attacks his family. All in all... Akasha is screwing with him, isn't it?)

The usual problem involving Bleach is that if you use the original series, Bleach's powerlevels are either way to higher, or they just upset the readers from TM (like a certain fic where Ichigo barely survived Excalibur and matched Zerker in Shikai form). Thatís the main problem here, and that's why I suggested you, some time ago, to use precisely Fullbring!Ichigo in you crossover with FSN.

It can work, and is more original than other ideas. But I have to admit that my Abyss-fu is weak in comparison with my Eternia, Symphonia, Phantasia or Destiny-fu

Gundam SEED x Code Geass: Geass of the Bloody Valentine (Lelouch stumbles into a cryogenic pod right before the second battle of Tokyo. When he wakes up, he realizes that three centuries have passed by, and humanity had forgotten about the Holy Britannian Empire and the rest of the world he was familiar with... including the Black Knights. When Lelouch sees what atrocities are about to be committed in the upcoming war, he vows to end it, with his own hands. Who will survive?) (Was expanded upon more when asked for details on how Lelouch could even pilot a normal SEED-verse Mobile Suit in the first place, so that it explains what CC's been up to for the while Lelouch was in Cryo, including getting Lelouch some Physical Therapy classes to let him pilot it in the first place and obtaining a GINN for him to pilot with an OS that Lelouch figures out how to reprogram)

Gundam (each whole franchise) x Naruto: Gundam Shinobi (Naruto finds a strange artifact in the Forbidden Scroll that night which makes him wonder about life on other planets... and what happened to end the advanced civilization on his planet. What he found was technologically beyond anything he had ever read about... a supercomputer that connects with a giant mechanical humanoid called Mobile Suit Gundam... better plot in the works.) (Given a better idea in one regard, thanks to Nununu, in that it works similarly to Turn A Gundam (with the Turn A not in Naruto's possession in the foreseeable future), though I've yet to fully understand the plot of Turn A, I'll have to watch the show when I can to understand the idea behind it better)

I don't know Gundam well enought to give ideas (I have "Watch Gundam" in my to-do list. And the same about Code Geass.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 03:11 PM
If the first thing you have to say about an idea is "Pretend X never happened" then your idea already has a serious problem, and making Ichigo a Magus? That's a little convenient, why did he never use his "magic" during any of the other Arcs? Any magic he has that could be used to fight servants, would surely be useful to fight Shinigami!

And are you fucking serious! You're just having him replace Shirou! Even giving him his Servant! What, does he have Shirou's magic as well? Avalon? What!? You can't be fucking serious about this!

Let me say this... I'm not necessarily a fan of "X replaces Y", so in this case, Shirou isn't replaced by Ichigo. Also, you raise a good point about how "Pretend X Never happened" is a bad idea, though I'd like it if you elaborated on that detail.

Also, Magus!Ichigo was a random idea that I had, so...

Alright where to start... Oh, I know! How about the fact that they stopped the planet storm, preventing the creation of anymore fonnons? Or, how about the fact that, a "Shirou Emiya" from that universe would be useless, since he would have no magic circuits, no nothing! And how about this Rouge Faction? You do know that by that point Luke would be a Duke? And the Queen's Cousin, and Tear's Ex-Military. Even if a Rouge faction existed, it would be impossible for them to kidnap "Shirou".

And, Fate!Shirou would likely be dead, if "Shirou" ended up being raised by Kiritsugu, and if he didn't, why should he care about "Shirou"?

About that... yep, you got it, I haven't finished Tales of the Abyss yet. As for the Rouge faction, they kidnapped the original while he was out of the area, in the Cheagle Woods.

Let's see...

Yes?

The usual problem involving Bleach is that if you use the original series, Bleach's powerlevels are either way to higher, or they just upset the readers from TM (like a certain fic where Ichigo barely survived Excalibur and matched Zerker in Shikai form). Thatís the main problem here, and that's why I suggested you, some time ago, to use precisely Fullbring!Ichigo in you crossover with FSN.

Do you know what happens in the recent manga updates of Bleach? The Fullbring!Ichigo is turned into a Shinigami!Ichigo, so...

It can work, and is more original than other ideas. But I have to admit that my Abyss-fu is weak in comparison with my Eternia, Symphonia, Phantasia or Destiny-fu

See what Spy had to say, then...

I don't know Gundam well enough to give ideas (I have "Watch Gundam" in my to-do list. And the same about Code Geass.

Well, I suggest that you do look up the franchises...

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Let me say this... I'm not necessarily a fan of "X replaces Y", so in this case, Shirou isn't replaced by Ichigo. Also, you raise a good point about how "Pretend X Never happened" is a bad idea, though I'd like it if you elaborated on that detail.

Also, Magus!Ichigo was a random idea that I had, so...

Ok, why don't you expand on how it's not simply a replacement fic? Your giving Ichigo Shirou's servant, which automatically means he isn't going to be in the war, meaning Ichigo has replaced him, probably somehow managing to become Tohsaka's crush as well...

I don't see anything in that idea that doesn't scream "X replaces Y".

Now, as for the handwave you're asking for in relation to the Fullbrings, did it never occur that Fullbringer's Magic Circuits could have been mutated due to Hollow Powers?

Also, you really shouldn't be using series you've either never seen, or not finished for crossover ideas, all you'll do is screw it up, and piss off the fans.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Ah... that's what you mean.

Well, let me be honest, Spy, the original idea was like this: Ichigo does summon Saber, but because of the sheer Prana amount he unleashes, the Grail gets a glitch. Therefore, double the Servants, and Shirou still becomes a Master (but to someone else). Of course, Shirou doesn't get to fight Ichigo like that, they do become friends by the end of the story.

About the Catalyst for Saber, think of it this way: Isshin impressed the Lady of the Lake by fighting a Vasto Lorde (after an army of lesser Hollows came swarming in) so she gave him Excalibur, and... I think you get the idea.

Also, it turns out that the Fullbringers are bad guys in the Bleach universe, as noted in the recent chapters (with the exception of Chad, who's brainwashed at the moment, so...).

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Well, let me be honest, Spy, the original idea was like this: Ichigo does summon Saber, but because of the sheer Prana amount he unleashes, the Grail gets a glitch. Therefore, double the Servants, and Shirou still becomes a Master (but to someone else). Of course, Shirou doesn't get to fight Ichigo like that, they do become friends by the end of the story.

I sincerely hope that was not your best shot at trying to justify it, since it's a poor excuse overall, and sounds like some convoluted attempt at writing a SaberxIchigo story.

About the Catalyst for Saber, think of it this way: Isshin impressed the Lady of the Lake by fighting a Vasto Lorde (after an army of lesser Hollows came swarming in) so she gave him Excalibur, and... I think you get the idea.

You are not doing yourself any favours, using such poor excuses...

Also, it turns out that the Fullbringers are bad guys in the Bleach universe, as noted in the recent chapters (with the exception of Chad, who's brainwashed at the moment, so...).

Yeah, I already knew that, and it really doesn't change my opinion on how they would work in the Nasuverse.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I sincerely hope that was not your best shot at trying to justify it, since it's a poor excuse overall, and sounds like some convoluted attempt at writing a SaberxIchigo story.

Well, I'm honestly trying to make it less convoluted, and I don't have a worse attempt at a justification to my immediate knowledge...

You are not doing yourself any favours, using such poor excuses...

I know that, Spy, don't make it sound like I don't. However, that was the idea I was given when I was trying to figure out how Ichigo could possibly summon Saber, and I didn't have a better one at the time.

Yeah, I already knew that, and it really doesn't change my opinion on how they would work in the Nasuverse.

Well, I see what you mean now, so...

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Well, I'm honestly trying to make it less convoluted, and I don't have a worse attempt at a justification to my immediate knowledge...

Oh god, that this was your best explanation just makes it worse...

I know that, Spy, don't make it sound like I don't. However, that was the idea I was given when I was trying to figure out how Ichigo could possibly summon Saber, and I didn't have a better one at the time.

So, what? This isn't really your idea? And why does Ichigo have to summon Saber? Ignoring the great many other problems and focus on this one for the moment: Why Saber?

And I swear to god if the reason is shipping...

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Well, it isn't shipping, actually. I just thought that they'd work well together in the battlefield. They'd be more like a mix of Shirou working with her and Kiritsugu working with her (if you can't understand, I'll try that again: Their relationship is non-sexual, but more platonic).

EDIT: As for the explanation you think was my best one, I meant that I do have other ones there, just that I don't know where to place them.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Well, it isn't shipping, actually. I just thought that they'd work well together in the battlefield. They'd be more like a mix of Shirou working with her and Kiritsugu working with her (if you can't understand, I'll try that again: Their relationship is non-sexual, but more platonic)

That's your best excuse? Then you really don't know SHirou, Ichigo, Saber or Kiritsugu at all.

EDIT: As for the explanation you think was my best one, I meant that I do have other ones there, just that I don't know where to place them.

I find it really hard to believe that they could any worse then the excuse you did come up with.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 03:57 PM
That's your best excuse? Then you really don't know SHirou, Ichigo, Saber or Kiritsugu at all.

I never claimed to know them, actually. In fact, I hadn't even obtained the Visual Novel by the point of thinking up the story in the first place (which doesn't mean that I still don't have it, I actually do, Spy).

I find it really hard to believe that they could any worse then the excuse you did come up with.

I was trying to say that they'd be better than that one.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I never claimed to know them, actually. In fact, I hadn't even obtained the Visual Novel by the point of thinking up the story in the first place (which doesn't mean that I still don't have it, I actually do, Spy).

So, once again, you have tried, and failed, to come up with a good idea, despite knowing almost nothing about the characters... Sadly, I'm not surprised.

I was trying to say that they'd be better than that one.

Then why pic the absolute worst? Hell, with the amount of glaring problems with the idea, why post it in the first place? To get help? You'd be better of scrapping the entire thing, and take the Bleach/Fate premise, and get help building a new idea, hopefully one that doesn't suck.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
So, once again, you have tried, and failed, to come up with a good idea, despite knowing almost nothing about the characters... Sadly, I'm not surprised.

I can tell that it wasn't the best I could've thought of, already, Spy... fact is, I have yet to read Fate/Zero, which has most of Kiritsugu's character in it (to my knowledge)

Then why pic the absolute worst? Hell, with the amount of glaring problems with the idea, why post it in the first place? To get help? You'd be better of scrapping the entire thing, and take the Bleach/Fate premise, and get help building a new idea, hopefully one that doesn't suck.

Honestly? I have no idea why I chose that one. If you think you could do better, I'd like to see you do so, but not in the rude way.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I can tell that it wasn't the best I could've thought of, already, Spy... fact is, I have yet to read Fate/Zero, which has most of Kiritsugu's character in it (to my knowledge)

Ignoreing that you also apprently know almost nothing of Shirou and Saber's characters...

Honestly? I have no idea why I chose that one. If you think you could do better, I'd like to see you do so, but not in the rude way.

The entire idea is bad, just give it up, and get help coming up with a new one, that isn't rotten to the core.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Ignoreing that you also apprently know almost nothing of Shirou and Saber's characters...

I'm playing the game, Spy, so could you possibly take it easy on me in regards to Shirou and Saber?

The entire idea is bad, just give it up, and get help coming up with a new one, that isn't rotten to the core.

When I said I'd like to see you do better, I meant I'd like to see you come up with a better idea than what I did, in all honesty.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I'm playing the game, Spy, so could you possibly take it easy on me in regards to Shirou and Saber?

Not really, no.

When I said I'd like to see you do better, I meant I'd like to see you come up with a better idea than what I did, in all honesty.

A better Bleach/Fate idea? Fine, shouldn't be too hard, given how low you've set the bar.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Not really, no.

Is it because they are your favorite couple or something? Not that I'd know what you're trying to say by that...

A better Bleach/Fate idea? Fine, shouldn't be too hard, given how low you've set the bar.

Actually, I wasn't trying to set the bar that low, I was aiming higher than that.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Is it because they are your favorite couple or something? Not that I'd know what you're trying to say by that...

Something like that, so you're really off to a poor start, especially when you consider that Saber being already summoned, means Shirou dies in that tool shed.

Actually, I wasn't trying to set the bar that low, I was aiming higher than that.

Well, you barely made it off the ground, not surprising given you knew almost nothing about TM, and were just coming up with a crappy reason to dump a character you did know, into a setting you were entirely unfamiliar with.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Something like that, so you're really off to a poor start, especially when you consider that Saber being already summoned, means Shirou dies in that tool shed.

My original idea also had Lancer drop by earlier than the Third Day for Shirou in any of the routes... and that Ichigo was trying to deliver Excalibur to Kiritsugu, who he didn't know was dead at that point, and you'd probably guess that Lancer didn't drop by after that (for fear of Saber staying there).

Well, you barely made it off the ground, not surprising given you knew almost nothing about TM, and were just coming up with a crappy reason to dump a character you did know, into a setting you were entirely unfamiliar with.

I figured... well, at least I'm getting better with the setting, Spy.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:31 PM
My original idea also had Lancer drop by earlier than the Third Day for Shirou in any of the routes... and that Ichigo was trying to deliver Excalibur to Kiritsugu, who he didn't know was dead at that point, and you'd probably guess that Lancer didn't drop by after that (for fear of Saber staying there).

You are not being serious are you? Lancer went after Shirou, only because he saw him fighting Archer, and he killed Shirou for it.

I figured... well, at least I'm getting better with the setting, Spy.

But not the ideas, unfortunately for you.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:36 PM
You are not being serious are you? Lancer went after Shirou, only because he saw him fighting Archer, and he killed Shirou for it.

Let me try that again... Lancer was on a scouting mission, found Ichigo, thought him to be a potential Master, gave chase, wound up at the Emiya residence where Ichigo was trying to get to in the first place, they fought, Ichigo summons Saber, and the rest... probably won't be on paper again.

But not the ideas, unfortunately for you.

Those were the original ideas, Spy, and all my ideas are getting improved upon.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Let me try that again... Lancer was on a scouting mission, found Ichigo, thought him to be a potential Master, gave chase, wound up at the Emiya residence where Ichigo was trying to get to in the first place, they fought, Ichigo summons Saber, and the rest... probably won't be on paper again.

Oh god, you really are serious... Lancer's mission was to to scout the other servants and had nothing to with potential masters.

And Excalibur? Really?

Those were the original ideas, Spy, and all my ideas are getting improved upon.

Really? Then why are the only things I'm seeing excuses, instead of corrections?

SeiKeo
September 19th, 2011, 04:41 PM
*popcorn*

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Oh god, you really are serious... Lancer's mission was to to scout the other servants and had nothing to with potential masters.

And Excalibur? Really?

It was the original idea, Spy, okay?

Really? Then why are the only things I'm seeing excuses, instead of corrections?

Well, where would you want me to put the corrections, anyway? In the obvious place?

@Leo: Not helping, Leo, not helping.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:42 PM
It was the original idea, Spy, okay?

And it was horrible.

Well, where would you want me to put the corrections, anyway? In the obvious place?

Actually, you should just post the modified idea, so that I can shred that as well.

I3uster
September 19th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Well, he thrashes you so that you'll get less actual critique later on. See it as a service on his part.

Amateurs improve faster on harsh critique.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
And it was horrible.

I'm not disagreeing with you there, Spy, I was just saying it was the original.

Actually, you should just post the modified idea, so that I can shred that as well.

I haven't thought up the modified idea yet, Spy, so it'll take a while.

Anyway, did you find other things wrong with my other ideas, or are you just thinking of other stuff to do?

@I3uster: I see what you mean... though it's not necessarily a good thing that my ideas are getting obliterated that fast.

Sherrinford
September 19th, 2011, 04:47 PM
*popcorn*

Indeed. You want some Pepsi, too?

*offers Pepsi to Leo*

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
-_-'

Sherrinford, that's still not funny.

I3uster
September 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Crossovers are very tricky to pull off, and require vast amounts of canon glue, not to mention that you have to satisfy fanboys of both camps.
So better get sum rage in the planning phase rather than putting time and effort into an idea that you'll grow to dislike because of negative reception.

SeiKeo
September 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Indeed. You want some Pepsi, too?

*offers Pepsi to Leo*

More of a Coke man, myself. :D

Sherrinford
September 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
^ Me too, and in fact... *pulls out a Coke*!

I just happen to know many Pepsi-people, so I usually go with that first.

-_-'

Sherrinford, that's still not funny.

Eh? Watching TheSpy's little crusade and you trying hard to be polite is one of the best thing I've ever seen.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you there, Spy, I was just saying it was the original.

And that means what exactly? That I shouldn't be so hard on it? That, I should let crap slide?

I haven't thought up the modified idea yet, Spy, so it'll take a while.

Anyway, did you find other things wrong with my other ideas, or are you just thinking of other stuff to do?

Do you seriously want me to shred the rest of your ideas as well? I mean, I can't comment on the Gundam ones due to a lack of knowledge on my part, but I think I know enough about Tsukihime to trash that one as well.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Crossovers are very tricky to pull off, and require vast amounts of canon glue, not to mention that you have to satisfy fanboys of both camps.
So better get sum rage in the planning phase rather than putting time and effort into an idea that you'll grow to dislike because of negative reception.

Ah, that's definitely true, I3uster.

So, what about you? Any ideas on your end on how to help me improve?

@Spy: Actually, it meant nothing, the first part. As for the second part, not shred, just constructive criticism.

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM
@Spy: Actually, it meant nothing, the first part. As for the second part, not shred, just constructive criticism.

I don't work that way, sorry. See, thing is, I tend to react... poorly to really bad ideas, especially ones that tick me off.

I destroy horrible ideas, before they become horrible fics.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I don't work that way, sorry. See, thing is, I tend to react... poorly to really bad ideas, especially ones that tick me off.

I destroy horrible ideas, before they become horrible fics.

Oh?

Next time, I really ought to come up with a better idea for each one, so...

TheSpy
September 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Oh?

Next time, I really ought to come up with a better idea for each one, so...

Yes, you really should. You also shouldn't write ideas about a series you know nothing about.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Yes, you really should. You also shouldn't write ideas about a series you know nothing about.

Too true... too true.

I3uster
September 19th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I can't help you. A crossover in my mind should never, ever try to be taken at face value except if the universes are extremely compatible.

For example, if there is a crossover between Bleach and the Nasuverse I don't want to have exposition that tell me "mechanic a of bleach is basically mechanic b of the Nasuverse", I want to see silly things, like an Excaliblast and the Final Getsuga Tenshou-Mugetsu clashing so that the whole town explodes. Since crossovers are inherently a silly affair if you look at them, and trying to resist this fundament is only going to make the whole thing harder for the writer and less enjoyable to read.

But thats just my opinion.

Xamusel
September 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I can't help you. A crossover in my mind should never, ever try to be taken at face value except if the universes are extremely compatible.

For example, if there is a crossover between Bleach and the Nasuverse I don't want to have exposition that tell me "mechanic a of bleach is basically mechanic b of the Nasuverse", I want to see silly things, like an Excaliblast and the Final Getsuga Tenshou-Mugetsu clashing so that the whole town explodes. Since crossovers are inherently a silly affair if you look at them, and trying to resist this fundament is only going to make the whole thing harder for the writer and less enjoyable to read.

But thats just my opinion.

Okay, I3uster, I get the idea.

Xamusel
November 12th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Alright, I don't know what made me think of this idea, but I had this idea where the Naruto-verse was completely oblivious to the world outside of their portion of the world (not sure where that'd be yet), and then someone from Naruto-verse (Naruto) leaves all of a sudden because of a strange sensation that tells him to take a boat south past the veil (not sure who came up with that idea) keeping his part of the world hidden from the world around. When he gets off the boat, he notices that he's not in a world that has need for ninja, but has more need for different sorts of weapons. As soon as he finds his way around, he sneaks onto a space shuttle (with him not knowing what that is) headed into a specific portion of space called L5, when he gets told that he has gotten free of the ninja life for a long while... causing him to freak out momentarily until he sees the wonders of mankind outside of his home.

Later, he learns to live in a technologically advanced world with Mobile Suits and Mobile Armors, having been recruited into the ZAFT military and infiltrated the OMNI Enforcer when it was still in the UN jurisdiction for the knowledge on Gunbarrels... and then Bloody Valentine happens with a different outcome, thus throwing the entire Bloody Valentine War on its head.

...Yes, it's a Naruto/Gundam SEED idea, make what you will of that.

Sei
November 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
You've have to change the world of Naruto quite a bit to get that to work. :/

Chaos Greyblood
November 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM
And make the core characters likable.

That's gonna be quite a task.

Sei
November 12th, 2011, 08:57 PM
And make the core characters likable.

That's gonna be quite a task.

Don't diss Naruto, dude.

Xamusel
November 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM
...At least I was trying not to handwave the whole thing. I want to write this as believably as possible.

Either way, no idea how some of the others will respond to this, so... yeah.

Sei
November 12th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Well I like Naruto. And I liked SEED enough to read about it. But yeah, crossovers can be fairly tricky. Especially with universes as developed as these two. The best thing I can come up with is some space-time thing. They did it in Naruto with The Lost Tower and it wouldn't surprise me in the Gundam universe after watching 00.

Xamusel
November 13th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I'd rather not use Naruto movie knowledge, just strict canon knowledge, and the same goes with the filler stuff that they released (on what I'd rather not use).

Sei
November 13th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Well the point really is that time-space phenomena can happen in both universes. And, TBH, I don't see how anything short of that would bring these two worlds together.

Unless you just make a crossover AU altogether.

Xamusel
November 13th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I was thinking AU, but I see your point.

Also, I guess I should mention that I started work on another idea of mine... a Persona and Sekirei crossover (and I mean I'm continuing the prologue for it, if anything).

Sei
November 13th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Hmm. I like to help with that idea, but I don't know anything about either. :/

Xamusel
November 13th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I'm not saying that you need to know about either, I'm just needing to have readers, as I'm writing that particular story all on my own.

All I need to have done is get advertisement and the proper place to put the story before it goes on FanFiction.Net at least... because I don't feel it appropriate for my reviews to solely be about the options that I give out. I want honest reviews from the readers.

Sei
November 13th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Well...I'm all for being blunt. If that's okay with you.

Xamusel
November 13th, 2011, 12:50 AM
That's good.

Sei
November 13th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Then I'll be your beta-reader. ^^

Xamusel
November 13th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Hmm... I don't see any problems with that.

Sei
November 13th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Cool. It's settled then.

Xamusel
November 13th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Yep, it's settled.

Well, I'll send you the rest of the prologue I can send before it gets to a choice, then the rest of the prologue from there.

Sei
November 13th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Kay

Xamusel
November 13th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Note that it's not ready yet, but it will be soon in the future, anyway.

On a side note, I have narrowed down my story projects to 4 out of 7 that I could think of, and I'm not stopping the projects for anything.