PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Anime/Video Game OST?

Sei
September 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Been listening to a lot of music lately. Listened to some songs from my brother's library. Realized that I've missed some good stuff :p.

So yeah. What's all of you guys' favorite OSTs?

Mine = Persona 3
Brother's = Chrono Cross

terraablaze
September 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Going to have to go with Riviera the Promised Land.

As a whole it is probably one of the best while still having some stand out pieces.

The only OST I can think of to have the same amount/proportion of good/really good songs would be .hack//SIGN

Techlet
September 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Ass Creed 2. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c)

Jesper Kyd is boss.

SeiKeo
September 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Ass Creed 2. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c)

Jesper Kyd is boss.

That.

Mass Effect is awesome.
Human Revolution has some sweet stuff going on.
Madlax and Noir had fucking amazing soundtracks.
Half-Life has great stuff, not that much of it, but what's there is great.

Sei
September 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM
The only OST I can think of to have the same amount/proportion of good/really good songs would be .hack//SIGN

Sign was good, but I liked GU and Trilogy slightly more. Example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSbTc73Uw8Y).

MZeroX
September 19th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Does it have to be pure OST, or can remixes/special arranged albums of (an) OST(s) count?

Sei
September 19th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Remixes count and arrangements count.

MZeroX
September 19th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Live Music by Piano and Strings: Sekaiju no MeiQ I & II Super Arrange Version

Of all of the Etrian Odyssey Super Arrange Albums and Piano/String releases, this one is basically a super sweet combination of favorite OST tracks from both EOI and EOII, using a nice spectrum of actual instruments instead of PC-88 noise (which the real OSTs are completely made in, which is awesome in its own way).

Ruca_Milda
September 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Mana Khemia/Mana Khemia 2. Dear lord the battle themes are like sex on guitars.

Also, Tales of Legendia, tied with Mana Khemia. It's probably the Tales game with the best music yet, and for good reason. Just....everything fits, everything sounds good. And I especially loved the calm-ish songs.

And Umineko, too, but maybe a bit lower than MK/ToL.

Also good but not so much that I'd say FAVORITE: Tales of Destiny( or just the entire series in general, lol), Personas 3-4, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

mangafreak7793
September 21st, 2011, 12:34 AM
Senjou no maou soundtrack,

Five_X
September 21st, 2011, 12:38 AM
The G-Senjou OST, for the most part, was not that great. It was good, but only a few tracks were really outstanding.

My favourite OST is from Kira Kira. I mean, the whole damn thing! It's just awesome, really, all high quality, plenty of tracks, and exceptionally skilled instrumentation.

All in all, bamboo is just fabulous. Amazing guitar~

mangafreak7793
September 21st, 2011, 12:40 AM
The G-Senjou OST, for the most part, was not that great. It was good, but only a few tracks were really outstanding.

My favourite OST is from Kira Kira. I mean, the whole damn thing! It's just awesome, really, all high quality, plenty of tracks, and exceptionally skilled instrumentation.

All in all, bamboo is just fabulous. Amazing guitar~

Well it was those few that I like it's just that I can't really recall now since I'm a bit sleepy.

Five_X
September 21st, 2011, 12:46 AM
Air on the G-String, the insert songs... only those really stuck out, tbh.

Maybe the Fur Elise "remix", though that one annoys me (along with some others) in that it's barely similar, if at all, to the original song. It's kind of silly, like they just labeled it as a remix of Fur Elise.

SeiKeo
October 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
That.

Mass Effect is awesome.
Human Revolution has some sweet stuff going on.
Madlax and Noir had fucking amazing soundtracks.
Half-Life has great stuff, not that much of it, but what's there is great.

And I need to add onto this KnK and the Portal series.

I3uster
October 4th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Air on the G-String, the insert songs... only those really stuck out, tbh.

Maybe the Fur Elise "remix", though that one annoys me (along with some others) in that it's barely similar, if at all, to the original song. It's kind of silly, like they just labeled it as a remix of Fur Elise.
Here, have an .

On topic, how is No more Heroes not mentioned? It's pure gold, and a wide variety of styles to really get every boss character a perfectly fitting piece of music.
It's the only soundtrack I ever put on my MP3-player, because I just could not get enough. I even replayed the bossfight of Margaret 10 times or so before I finally got the Soundtrack CDs, because her theme is just that freaking catchy.

Froggie
October 4th, 2011, 07:39 AM
So far as anime OSTs go, I'm really fond of the OST for Ga-Rei Zero and Rozen Maiden. I also love Yuki Kajiura's work and am particularly fond of her work on Mai-Hime and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Video games - My all time favorite OST is the Chrono Trigger OST.

Mellon
October 4th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Grand Knights History. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6mZXMrKBuU&feature=related)