PDA

View Full Version : Fate/strange upbringings, yet another Open Idea

Prince Charon
September 20th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Zelretch, having observed many alternate worlds, some of them farther in the future or the past than his world, wants to see what a Shirou raised by Archer EMIYA and Saber Arturia would be like. So, he manipulates the events of the Fourth Holy Grail War so that EMIYA is the one to be summoned as Archer (IIRC, Rin inherited the ruby she saved Shirou with from her father), makes sure Saber knows about the corruption of the Grail (and thus, doesn't want to wish on it, due to the Monkey's Paw nature of what she'd get), and so that he and Saber are the only ones left at the end (well, Kotomine might live, as in canon). To avoid distracting Archer, as he isn't sure how much the EMIYA who'll be summoned knows about the Matou family, he arranges to be the one that adopts Sakura (OK, that's mostly because I think A Sakura raised by Zelretch would be Crazy Awesome). This also allows him to use one of his pawns to summon Berserker, thus giving him more control over the outcome of the War.

He grants the Kaleidostick to Saber, thus giving her a regular prana source (and making her an entertainment source), and ironically allowing her to be Archer's Master. Shirou gets Avalon from Arturia.

Archer's price for having to raise himself is that he is allowed to raise Ilya, as well. His current plan, which Zel manipulated him into coming up with, is to have Shirou replace him on the throne of Heroes, by becoming a true Heroic Spirit - he also makes sure Shirou understands that he must never become a Counter Guardian, since he'll be forced to kill more innocents than the boost of prana will let him save.

So, Shirou and Ilya are being raised and trained by EMIYA and Arturia, Sakura by Zelretch and whichever students he drops the job on (Waver Velvet may be involved, here), and Rin by Kariya and Aoi.

Ten yours later, the Fifth Heaven's Feel rolls around...

Sherrinford
September 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Honestly? Not convincing.

Ergast
September 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM
It's way too much convoluted.

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Its too unsubtle... too unlike Zelretch in some ways.

Too many different changes wrought for only one thing to happen...

Sherrinford
September 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
The worst part is that you make up a complete canon mess just to get to a point, and then you don't discuss that point.

That should hint at how bad is such idea.

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I don't see how a Sakura raised by Zelretch is different from a Rin raised by Zelretch.

shiningphoenix
September 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Here's a shorter one for the same results: Zelretch adopts Sakura instead of Zouken, takes EMIYA's catalyst, summons him, and picks up Saber and Shirou from the fire. Then, he dumps Shirou on the servants.

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I can't see EMIYA as a father for a boy. A girl, I can see, thanks to Childcare is War, but I can't see him fathering a boy... Just... Can't.

Ergast
September 20th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I can't see EMIYA as a father for a Shirou. Another child, I can see, thanks to Childcare is War, but I can't see him fathering a Shirou... Just... Can't.

Fix'd

shiningphoenix
September 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I suppose EMIYA would just insist that Zelretch do it... which is why Z has command seals.

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Now that would be funny.

"Counter Guardian EMIYA! I command you to take care of the boy Emiya Shirou until he reaches manhood!"

Vadernoooo.mp3

Spinach
September 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Will this mean manhood as in turning 18? Because I can totally imagine Archer sitting on a rooftop half a mile away from Shirou's house with Caladbolg II aimed directly at Shirou's room with a stopwatch waiting for his birthday.

Keyne
September 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Now that would be funny.

"Counter Guardian EMIYA! I command you to take care of the boy Emiya Shirou until he reaches manhood!"

Vadernoooo.mp3
*Shirou puts a hand into his pants*

Archer: May I kill him now?

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I don't see how a Sakura raised by Zelretch is different from a Rin raised by Zelretch.

Well, it's more likely, since Sakura actually needs someone to adopt her, and presumably she wouldn't have the Tohsaka crest. But, other than that, yeah, it's not likely to differ all that much.

Will this mean manhood as in turning 18? Because I can totally imagine Archer sitting on a rooftop half a mile away from Shirou's house with Caladbolg II aimed directly at Shirou's room with a stopwatch waiting for his birthday.

Nah, Archer may go pretty far to achieve his goal, but after raising a kid for over ten years he's not going to kill him, Shirou or not.

Spinach
September 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Why do you ruin my fun, Mike? I just want to see Shirou's house blow up, and you deny me my desire.

shiningphoenix
September 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
EMIYA kills Shirou. Shirou doesn't die when he's killed.

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Why do you ruin my fun, Mike? I just want to see Shirou's house blow up, and you deny me my desire.

But Sakura might be in it at the time. I can't allow that risk.

Yes, I am joking around.

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Eh, this Sakura's got the Second Magic. She'll live.

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM

But her boyfriend wouldn't.

(I mean, Zeltetch will need someone to watch over his "experiment", right, and who better than his own daughter...?)

shiningphoenix
September 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM
And probably take Shirou with her.

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
And probably take Shirou with her.

True....

Ergast
September 20th, 2011, 11:55 AM
But her boyfriend wouldn't.

Are we talking about the same Shirou fucking Emiya? The man that doesn't know how to stay dead even when they cut him in half, or disembowel him, or pierce his freaking heart? That Shirou fucking Emiya?

Chances are, when the clock says he is 18 years old and Archer shoots his Caladbolg II, Shirou projects Rho Aiass and parries the attack.

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Are we talking about the same Shirou fucking Emiya? The man that doesn't know how to stay dead even when they cut him in half, or disembowel him, or pierce his freaking heart? That Shirou fucking Emiya?

Chances are, when the clock says he is 18 years old and Archer shoots his Caladbolg II, Shirou projects Rho Aiass and parries the attack.

But Archer raised him. I'd imagine he'd be very careful to not teach him methods of avoiding death by Caladborg....

Of course, if Sakura were Zelretch's apprentice, then I would imagine that she would have something to say about it too.

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Well, if it was within the premise of the plot, Zelretch can command seal Archer to raise Shirou to the best of his ability, making him as powerful as he can without destroying his ideals. Or something really, equally detailed.

Spinach
September 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Archer cleverly sends Sakura and Saber out to do some secret midnight birthday cake ingredient shopping. Shirou is asleep, there is no Sakura around to keep him up with birthday sex, nor can either of the girls protect him. The Emiya house will BUUUUUURN

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I'd like to see what happens to Archer afterwards.

Spinach
September 20th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Well, naturally Shirou SOMEHOW lives, but that doesn't matter. The Emiya house is destroyed, my goal is reached and I no longer have the motivation or need to continue making up any more of this scenario. You can handle it from here!

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I'd like to see what happens to Archer afterwards.

He dies horribly due to the Saber/Sakura combo....

deviatesfish
September 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Then they will force Archer into a contract, which forces him to fight in infinite Holy Grail Wars, in an attempt to resurrect Shirou, but each time he is summoned for each War, he becomes too depressed by his situation that all he wants to do is kill Shirou, because only then could he perhaps get himself out of even experiencing this in the first place, but deep down he knows this is impossible, so he tries to stick around as long as possible because going back to that version of Saber/Sakura is a fate worse than serving Alaya?

Ergast
September 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Saber/Sakura make him kick pupies instead of murdering guilty and innocent when the humanity is about to be finishe?d YOU, MONSTERS! LET POOR EMO!ARCHER ALONE!

But Archer raised him. I'd imagine he'd be very careful to not teach him methods of avoiding death by Caladborg....

Of course, if Sakura were Zelretch's apprentice, then I would imagine that she would have something to say about it too.

Since when Archer trying to not teach anything to Shirou has worked? He leaks knowledge from Archer's mere presence, after all.

Heroslayer
September 20th, 2011, 06:52 PM
You know, if this is as convoluted as the intro states. Sakura would have a different relationship with Shirou. She wouldn't look at him the same way or treat him the same way as her 'senpai' for all we know. So... yeah. That argument needs a little work.

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 06:56 PM
You know, if this is as convoluted as the intro states. Sakura would have a different relationship with Shirou. She wouldn't look at him the same way or treat him the same way as her 'senpai' for all we know. So... yeah. That argument needs a little work.

Well, of course. Her feelings for him would be very different, as would her relationship with him.

But, he's Shirou. All he needs is a BAR and he can make any Tohsaka fall for him instantly....

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Or it can not be a Sakura or Rin pairing. Just throwing that out there.

shiningphoenix
September 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Shirou X Arc: victorious childhood friend.

Mike1984
September 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Or it can not be a Sakura or Rin pairing. Just throwing that out there.

Or, it could be a Sakura pairing. Just throwing that out there :p

Larekko12
September 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Shirou X Arc: victorious childhood friend.

Fund it!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD DAMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNIIIITTTTALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! DEJAVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! !!

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Not to mention, I doubt Archer would kill a kid he raised, even forced to do so. Hell, if he was the one who found Shirou in the burning mess ultimately he'd end up taking the kid, and when there's no one else to take care of him, Archer would. He'd internally bitch about it the whole way, but he would have to. Simply because, deep down, the man is still Emiya Shirou.

So, he'd make sure that Shirou would grow up not to be a superhero, but a good man that can man up and protect his family if need be and not put everyone before him.

He wouldn't kill an innocent child, even if it did get him his goals. He's not that twisted, and as we've seen it doesn't take much to get Archer off his retro-suicidal mindset.

The easiest way to make this happen would be to have Tokomi summon Archer instead of Gil. Like in true Tohsaka fashion the snake skin fossil is lost and all he has is the pendent. (We don't know that it's ruby, there are other gems that were commonly mistaken as rubies, hell the British crown has one of them set in it.) So, Daddy Tohsaka summons Archer and Archer sees just how truly fucked the Tohsaka's are. Sakura's getting worm raped, there's Aoi the door mat, and then there's tiny Rin.

Then after the first fight with Berserker he manages to corner Uncle Creepy and figures out what's probably happening to Sakura in the Matou basement.

Not to mention there's Kiritsugu, Saber, and Iri running around as well.

So Archer now realizes, maybe in this reality, he has the chance to make everyone he cares about happy.

Larekko12
September 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Can he talk Saber down or prove the Grail corrupt?

reborn214
September 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM
No reason for Saber to trust him especially if he is an enemy servant. Even if Saber knew Archer's name, she would only think of him as Kiritsugu 2.0. Besides there is no way to prove the grail is corrupt, since this might not be his grail but a different grail as there is no way for Archer to know this is his world's past and not a parallel universe.

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Not to mention, I doubt Archer would kill a kid he raised, even forced to do so. Hell, if he was the one who found Shirou in the burning mess ultimately he'd end up taking the kid, and when there's no one else to take care of him, Archer would. He'd internally bitch about it the whole way, but he would have to. Simply because, deep down, the man is still Emiya Shirou.

So, he'd make sure that Shirou would grow up not to be a superhero, but a good man that can man up and protect his family if need be and not put everyone before him.

He wouldn't kill an innocent child, even if it did get him his goals. He's not that twisted, and as we've seen it doesn't take much to get Archer off his retro-suicidal mindset.

The easiest way to make this happen would be to have Tokomi summon Archer instead of Gil. Like in true Tohsaka fashion the snake skin fossil is lost and all he has is the pendent. (We don't know that it's ruby, there are other gems that were commonly mistaken as rubies, hell the British crown has one of them set in it.) So, Daddy Tohsaka summons Archer and Archer sees just how truly fucked the Tohsaka's are. Sakura's getting worm raped, there's Aoi the door mat, and then there's tiny Rin.

Then after the first fight with Berserker he manages to corner Uncle Creepy and figures out what's probably happening to Sakura in the Matou basement.

So Archer now realizes, maybe in this reality, he has the chance to make everyone he cares about happy.

Then Fate/Zero and Urobuchi ensue.

Trageeeeeedy! :p

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Then Fate/Zero and Urobuchi ensue.

Trageeeeeedy! :p

Yeah, the way I would end it is that Archer does kill Tokomi. If everyone else can be happy if he dies, then he'd trace the blade without a second's hesitation. Of course, he ends up being Kotomine's Servant. (What, I like the idea of Archer and Kotomine as bros.)

Shit happens, things fuck up, he can't talk Saber down from the metaphorical roof andddddddd Kiritsugu orders Saber to blow up the Grail and Archer and Kotomine get coated with the Grail mud, thus giving Archer a physical body and not quite sane.

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Archer digivolves into Uncle Creepy model 2 for Rin and Sakura?

Spinach
September 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM

Okay, but can the Emiya house still be destroyed? That place has survived far too much, and needs to be taken down a level. It's getting cocky.

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Archer digivolves into Uncle Creepy model 2 for Rin and Sakura?

Nah.

Better.

The Grail's corruption fucks with him so much that he has seen all of the world's evil and decides that the best way to end everyone's suffering is to end the world.

Sort of like Lady Aurora from "Summer Knight" if you read the Dresden Files.

nununu
September 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
His old boss wouldn't like that, I take it?

reborn214
September 20th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Everybody dies a la Shakespeare?

Damn now I think the ending of this should be that Sakura and Waver are the only survivor. Sakura is cradling Rin's body who died protecting her from Zokuen and firmly resolves to live her life as a hero of Justice like her savior Archer. Gilgamesh is dead, so Kotomine decides to pick an apprentice to act in his stead for the next war. Then he comes across a red haired boy who develops his father's tastes in pleasure. Zokuen is worming his way out of the city without out an heir he decides to only people he can turn to make his ambitions a reality are the Eizberns who after much debate decide it is there best interests to work together.

Now let the curtain for the fifth war rise

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Ilya winds up with the Crest Worms in her?

Spinach
September 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM

Please no, I love her. She doesn't deserve that

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM

No, but in desperation, one's put into Shinji so Zouken can have a body if needed.

Come on, I'm the person who wrote "The Blood on Her Hands" where Rin single handily fucks over everyone in the Heaven's Feel Route.

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Ooh. I would have gone with that just to be different.

Fantabulous
September 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Different =/= fun.

Ilya doesn't deserve the crestworms, with being an 18 year old eternal loli with a 19 year lifespan and all.

reborn214
September 20th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Hmm, I was thinking that the Eizbern's would just throw at Zokuen any number of their lesser homunculi at him till he found one that could survive his training. That one looks similar to Illya but has darker skin due to merging with the fourth grail core. Illya is their plan A to get it. Kuro is plan B. If Illya dies, they need to hijack the souls and use Kuro ala heavens feel route.

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Different =/= fun.

Ilya doesn't deserve the crestworms, with being an 18 year old eternal loli with a 19 year lifespan and all.

Then she can be an eighteen year old in body with a nice healthy lifespan.

With Crestworms. :p

Fantabulous
September 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Then she can deal with the crest worms.

As long as Shinji is not a crazy rapist.

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, see? It's all about give and take.

reborn214
September 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
But Shinji's rape dance is hilarious as long as you aren't on the receiving end.

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
It's a mating ritual. Sakura doesn't have the heart to kill him in canon because his dance privately amuses her so much.

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Ooh. I would have gone with that just to be different.

Hehe, first and foremost, I am a horror writer. Okay, Dark Fantasy writer, but I do play with the horrific on occasion. Just that's hardly ever seen in my fanfics where I go big adventure and romance, but my published stuff is a sub-branch of horror.

I like pushing people to their limits.

VelspertheCat
September 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I like mixing in dark things in the story. Then hide the undertones with a lot of flash. It amuses me.

Elf
September 20th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I like mixing in dark things in the story. Then hide the undertones with a lot of flash. It amuses me.

It amuses me as well, or I tend to have a lot of gallows humor.

Mike1984
September 21st, 2011, 04:09 AM
Please no, I love her. She doesn't deserve that

Nor does Sakura, but it still happened....

Spinach
September 21st, 2011, 04:16 AM
No need to make my adorable Ilyasviel go through with it just because Sakura had to.

Mike1984
September 21st, 2011, 05:34 AM
No need to make my adorable Ilyasviel go through with it just because Sakura had to.

No, of course not, but there's no reason why she shouldn't either....

VelspertheCat
September 21st, 2011, 05:51 AM
We can spread the misery around more. Then everyone is unhappy!

How about we give Ilya crestworms and a terrible accident with the Second Magic downloads memories from canon Sakura into this Sakura?

:ciel:

deviatesfish
September 21st, 2011, 06:17 AM
So we give Ilya crestworms... can we also download Sakura's memories into Ilya?

VelspertheCat
September 21st, 2011, 06:21 AM
I think she's making her own memories with Shinji at the moment. Or Shinji's zombie corpse at least.

We can put some crestworms in Shirou too. It'll be like a going out of business sale on worms.

shiningphoenix
September 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
If Lancer got worms, he'd just go to the vet to get de-wormed, but...
What if Gilgamesh got worm'd?

Mike1984
September 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
He'd use the original de-worming pills to remove them, of course....

Prince Charon
September 21st, 2011, 10:07 PM
No, but in desperation, one's put into Shinji so Zouken can have a body if needed.

Come on, I'm the person who wrote "The Blood on Her Hands" where Rin single handily fucks over everyone in the Heaven's Feel Route.
... and still had Rin horrifyingly in character.

Elf
September 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM
... and still had Rin horrifyingly in character.

:) Thank you.

Actually, I'm still rather proud of that story, but I would rather like to do another dark fic like that.

And Archer taking Gil's place with Kotomine . . . the world would be fucked, because unlike Gil, Archer would be serious about it. With the Grail's taint, he'd believe he would be doing the best thing for everyone. The question would be though, after he destroys that world and fades away, would the taint go back to EMIYA in the throne?

lethum
September 21st, 2011, 11:28 PM
The way that I think these things go...nope.

But now I have Archer vs. Archer Alter in my head. It's pretty epic, even if my original idea of Archer Alter vs Counter Guardian Alter would be very watchable, too.

Elf
September 21st, 2011, 11:58 PM
But now I have Archer vs. Archer Alter in my head. It's pretty epic, even if my original idea of Archer Alter vs Counter Guardian Alter would be very watchable, too.

Now that would be epic.

Rin summons Archer and . . . . we get Kotomine!Archer Vs Archer.

reborn214
September 22nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
so a three way stand off between AlterArcher, KotomineArcher, and Archer

Mike1984
September 22nd, 2011, 05:25 AM
But, if Kotomine had Archer, wouldn't that have meant that he would have had to have been summoned by Tokiomi, and then somehow switched to Kotomine? That seems rather unlikely to me....

Spinach
September 22nd, 2011, 06:01 AM
How would Kotomine even develop? During F/Z he was still trying to be a 'good' person, until Gil came along and the two had their little chats.

deviatesfish
September 22nd, 2011, 06:05 AM
>Kotomine
>A good man

What.

Mike1984
September 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
How would Kotomine even develop? During F/Z he was still trying to be a 'good' person, until Gil came along and the two had their little chats.

True, actually.

Without Gil around, he'd have likely followed Tokiomi's wishes obediently and just left Fuyuki. Doubly so if Kariya had been handled differently, which I can't imagine not happening if Archer was there and looked into what was going on more closely.

>Kotomine
>A good man

What.

Note the word trying....

Spinach
September 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
During F/Z he was still trying to be a 'good' person, until

trying to be a 'good' person, until

trying

He tried, bro.

@Mike

Kotomine might still have developed that interest in Kiritsugu, and maybe instead of killing Tokiomi, he would have just secretly stayed.

Mike1984
September 22nd, 2011, 06:18 AM
Kotomine might still have developed that interest in Kiritsugu, and maybe instead of killing Tokiomi, he would have just secretly stayed.

Possibly, but without the trigger of going directly against Tokiomi that came from saving Kariya, and without Gil egging him on, I think he'd have just stuck to his role dutifully. Although, his father's death might have altered things somewhat....

Prince Charon
September 22nd, 2011, 08:06 AM
Possibly, but without the trigger of going directly against Tokiomi that came from saving Kariya, and without Gil egging him on, I think he'd have just stuck to his role dutifully. Although, his father's death might have altered things somewhat....
Of course, the butterfly effect of Archer's presence might prevent his father's canon death (e.g. someone other than El-Melloi kills the serial killer, and claims the reward).

I find myself wondering what would happen if Kirei died, and Risei lived. Sure, Risei would be 90 when the Fifth War started, but he's a magus. I'm nearly certain I've never seen a 'Rin and/or Sakura raised by Risei' fic.

lethum
September 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Not to mention that getting 20+ years of Kotomine acting like a good person implies good things about his parenting skills. A lesser parent would've driven Kirei into a Glam band in the 80s, or worse.

Mike1984
September 22nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Of course, the butterfly effect of Archer's presence might prevent his father's canon death (e.g. someone other than El-Melloi kills the serial killer, and claims the reward).

Well, I imagine that Archer himself would have something to say about a serial killer going around torturing kids....

I find myself wondering what would happen if Kirei died, and Risei lived. Sure, Risei would be 90 when the Fifth War started, but he's a magus. I'm nearly certain I've never seen a 'Rin and/or Sakura raised by Risei' fic.

Hmm, interesting....

Prince Charon
September 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Well, I imagine that Archer himself would have something to say about a serial killer going around torturing kids...
Yes, I rather think he would.