PDA

View Full Version : Megaman Legends 3 revival totally screwed....

Ligerleon89
September 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I should have put this on the MML3 thread I posted a few months ago, but screw it.

Anyway, fans of Megaman have been making efforts to get Capcom to resume the project on Megaman Legends 3, the game that was cancelled before the prototype demo could get out. This received more rage from fans, which caused the revival plan to initiate.

However, a BIG BLOW IS TAKEN TO THE FANS, the person who took the blow the most is MR. INAFUNE HIMSELF. Kenji Inafune went to Capcom to discussed about MML3 project only for him to come back and say a few words that is a blow to everyone's face.

This is what he said:
"So, I told them that I was going to found my own independent company and leave Capcom. However, I stated that I was ready to make a contract with them so that I could keep working on those projects that I started. I couldn’t start making contracts with other publishers for sure if Capcom agreed to the proposition, but I wanted to see those projects that I started to completion. But it couldn’t be done. They answered, ‘We have no need to do that.’
“[I went to the trouble of]…Finding the right time, gathering the team members, planning strategies, all so we could barely start on Mega Man Legends 3. I really don’t want to quit at this crucial moment…but I can’t keep going at Capcom. I am too tired to keep going. I wanted to leave Capcom to recharge my energy, and support Capcom from there, but it seems they don’t allow it. I want to make all my effort to keep Legends 3 alive, but I’m really not sure I can do it.”

INAFUNE WAS DENIED, COMPLETELY SCREWED OVER BY CAPCOM WHO TOLD HIM THAT THEY REFUSE TO LET HIM RESUME THE MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 PROJECT F**K!!!!!

*calming down* Inafune did have a plan to make his own company and then get Capcom to allow him to do the project for Capcom. And they just said no. Refused the man who took Megaman all the way to gain fame for his games.

It's a blow that just pretty much damages the morale of the 100,000 strong for megaman crew, and everyone else who hoped for the longtime fans to do whatever they could to one day bring back a megaman game, now it's certain that the project is now truly dead with the only chance of revival shot down, a plan that Inafune attempted to work. Sure there was CyberConnect2 who wanted to do Megaman Legends 3 according to some news. But with Inafune being denied of the MML3 project, I fear that they too will be denied the same way.

This is just sad.

I'll give out full props to Inafune for sticking it out to attempt to resume the project he wanted to finished, I'm truly sorry man.

I'm as pissed at Capcom now, how are they going to do this thing? They really just stomped on the hearts of their fanbase again. I'm a bit envious that TOX Tales of Xillia just got what they needed to put the kick back into Namco again, but Megaman won't be able to get a chance to surprise anyone last year or this year? Get the freak out of here.

Edit: some people know that Inafune isn't the real creator of Megaman, but he did work on most of the games. He has his reasons for leaving Capcom, I don't hold anything against him for not being the original creator. He stuck with Megaman for the most part so I still say thanks to him for doing plenty with the series that I've played in my life. Anyway, my anger once again caused me to be seriously irrational and probably left a few things out of the equation. Sorry about that, I was keeping an eye out on MML3 and I just feel disappointed in Capcom, unless they have plans for the blue bomber..I don't now but I"m just....*sighs* Anyway that's it.

nununu
September 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Why did you have to remind me of the current non-existence of Megaman Legends 3?

;_;

Neir
September 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
we know, it's fucked.

Sei
September 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I remember hearing about this awhile ago.

I'm a fan of Megaman and all, but to be honest the third Legends game wasn't really exciting to me. I liked the first 2 okay enough, but when it comes down to it, I really just want them to continue the original and X series.

Ligerleon89
September 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah sorry, but even though the project is dead, there were efforts on reviving it. I was keeping track on it every chance I got. I thought I would explain what happened with the revival. Anyway, don't fuss at me about mentioning it.

Neir
September 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Not. It's just sad :(

Sei
September 20th, 2011, 05:04 PM
It is sad. The new character seemed interesting enough too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M

Ligerleon89
September 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Well there's still Asura's Wrath, and a few others. For a longtime fan, I felt strongly about another game, and just display my disappointment when its canned.

Chaos Greyblood
September 20th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Well, if we take it from a practical point of view, Inafune did kinda walk out the door and when he tried to come back and try to finish what he started, Capcom said no.

What did everyone expect, really? He got out of there rather than being laid off even if it was temporarily. It wasn't as though the company would welcome him back all too quickly because of this. You may try to stone me, but this is only a simple fact. Either you can try and finish what you've just begun and then get your well-deserved rest or you don't. There'll be good and bad consequences.