PDA

View Full Version : Berserk - The Black Swordsman

Pages : [1] 2

Sherrinford
September 26th, 2011, 05:59 PM
General thread to discuss this classic manga by Kentaro Miura.

Let's begin with good news!

A three-parts movie based on the Golden Age Arc has been announced. The first one will be titled Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (or Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler), and it's scheduled to be released January 2012.

(Link (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12397))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF2GaxlyNvk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POaFuuuwgV4

(Source: ANN).

Discuss, discuss, discuss!

I3uster
September 26th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I can't believe that this is actually CG.

THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK!

Sherrinford
September 26th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I'm not usually a fan of CG in any way, but yes, this one looks really smooth and well done (until now I've seen something like this only in Hellsing oav 8. And T&B, maybe).

TypeWannabe
September 26th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Damn it, that's one less thing to compare to Duke Nukem Forever. Are all the old things beginning to fade?

Elf
September 27th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I'm a huge Berserk fan, but part of me is a little sad that it's not hand drawn cell animation. Part of what makes Berserk so awesome is the jaw dropping horrifically gorgeous artwork. That detail is lost somewhat with CG.

And . . . I would kill to see a "Lost Children" arc. It's still my favorite arc of the manga followed by the Holy See arc.

I3uster
September 27th, 2011, 03:11 AM
I'm a huge Berserk fan, but part of me is a little sad that it's not hand drawn cell animation. Part of what makes Berserk so awesome is the jaw dropping horrifically gorgeous artwork. That detail is lost somewhat with CG.

And . . . I would kill to see a "Lost Children" arc. It's still my favorite arc of the manga followed by the Holy See arc.
I think it's the best solution actually.
CG allows for a higher quality standard with the same budget as a hand-drawn film, so we will see less quality fuckups, which really is closer to the manga then imo.
A hand-drawn project could never really stand up to the art of the manga, except if you go for a Redline-like mammoth project.

Sherrinford
September 27th, 2011, 07:30 AM
What I fear is that this project will only cover the ("overly") famous Golden Age Arc... until now there's no info on a possible series of film (or oav, I'd be happy with that too) that goes beyond the Eclipse...

Also... does Caska calls Gatsu "berserk" in the PV?... I don't know if this is a facepalm or not...

Uberchoco
September 27th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Also... does Caska calls Gatsu "berserk" in the PV?... I don't know if this is a facepalm or not...

I think she actually says something like "I LOVE BERSERK". Guess the PV isn't trying to be totally serious.

Froggie
September 27th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I'm looking forward to this so much. I'm a huge fan of Berserk.

I have, however, stopped reading the manga. I'm waiting for a few more arcs to be completed before I go on a binge and re-read the whole thing.

Waiting chapter after chapter is too much for me.

Sherrinford
September 27th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I can't say she's wrong... after all, how can you not love Berserk?

(I really hope that her VA was just promoting the franchise, and that line isn't really in the script...).

Waiting chapter after chapter is too much for me.

At this pace...

I'll leave only one thing to my great-grandson... the only thing that I couldn't accomplish during my life... the only thing that I couldn't see with my own eyes... Berserk's last chapter.

Uberchoco
September 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Even Berserk characters love Berserk, it's just that good.

She won't say that in the script, didn't you notice how the music just stopped playing to add, uh, comical effect maybe? The second PV appears to be made in the same fashion but I don't really get what they say, huh.

Bloble
September 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I know why they're using CG in this. It's because if they tried to copy the art quality of the manga we'd have another Redline on our hands.

Sherrinford
September 27th, 2011, 05:18 PM
The art quality of the manga is a drawn, black-and-white quality. You can't compare details quality with smooth animation.

And I think that CG is used mostly to drop the costs.

deviatesfish
September 28th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Little witch is best witch.

Sherrinford
September 28th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Schierke!

deviatesfish
September 28th, 2011, 08:30 AM
So cute yet so powerful!

ItsaRandomUsername
September 28th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Awesome. Although I wish they'd do the later story arcs some day. ;_;

Sherrinford
September 28th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Eh, you're right.

Even thanks to the anime, the Golden Age arc is just spotlight-stealing. The same things happens with JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders.

Which is a pity, because Berserk (and JoJo :3) really needs a full adaptation IMO.

The problem is, I doubt this is just the first part of a more wide project...

Oh well, let's just sit back and enjoy this adaptation (that doesn't seem bad at all).

ItsaRandomUsername
September 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Indeed, it is but a pity.

Why can't there be a bazillion episodes of JoJo just like with Bleach and Naruto? That'd be sick as all hell. >:

Sherrinford
September 28th, 2011, 08:44 PM
And the worst part is, there's no real reason why there shouldn't be an anime of JoJo.

It's famous, and its story arcs are all concluded, almost like autonomous storylines... it should be perfect to animate. But yeah, considering what they did with the Phantom Blood movie - which was so bad apparently, Araki forbade the DVD release. I heard there was no Speedwagon-how can you exclude Speedwagon, c'mon! -.

Anyway, I can see why they're going again for the Golden Age Arc... they surely can't begin from the latest arcs, and since Miura has begun drawing once more, maybe they want to attract younger readers that didn't grew up with the 90's anime...

ItsaRandomUsername
September 28th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Depending on how popular the movies are, we just might get to see a rejuvenation of interest in Berserk.

And if that happens, and then the studios get prompted to further the story by animating the later arcs... ^_^

Sherrinford
September 28th, 2011, 08:55 PM
YOu know what really could rejuvenate Berserk? A Miura that doesn't put it on hiatus for months every five chapters. *snerk*

I hope so, but I doubt that even if they are successful, we will see something else...

Oh, well let's not despair too much, it can still happen after all.

Bloble
September 28th, 2011, 09:33 PM
YOu know what really could rejuvenate Berserk? A Miura that doesn't put it on hiatus for months every five chapters. *snerk*

Well about that... I see three possible reasons he takes so long to draw the chapters.

1. He's getting old.

2. He's not as good as he used to be.

3. It takes so long to draw because his art quality is through the freaking roof, and in the time it takes him to draw one page of Berserk Kubo Tite would be able to write an entire chapter of Bleach.

deviatesfish
September 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I'd sacrifice the art for the story, honestly. That is not to say he should do what the artist for HunterxHunter did, because that was horrible. But I'd rather see weekly updates than super awesome art that takes so long to draw. Maybe he should get more assisstants...?

Elf
September 28th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Anyway, I can see why they're going again for the Golden Age Arc... they surely can't begin from the latest arcs, and since Miura has begun drawing once more, maybe they want to attract younger readers that didn't grew up with the 90's anime...

Then they should adapt from the later arcs.

I mean, I would kill to see the Lost Children Arc animated. When I tell everyone how much I love Berserk, I always how them the panel with Jill standing with her back against Guts' chest and they're surrounded by darkness and the demons hunting Guts. That one page is just so darkly gorgeous that it gets me every damned time.

Not to mention it's a little sad too.

Also, is Guts loli bait? Jill then Shrike . . .

He should stop playing fucking [email protected] is what he should do.

Yes, Idolmaster was the reason Berserk was delayed for all of that time. He got addicted to it. True fucking story.

Sherrinford
September 29th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Well about that... I see three possible reasons he takes so long to draw the chapters.

1. He's getting old.

2. He's not as good as he used to be.

Usually, people improve as time goes on. And he has assistants. And then there's Idolmaster...

3. It takes so long to draw because his art quality is through the freaking roof,

True. That is also why Berserk is published in a monthly magazine, IIRC. But to draw 18 pages doesn't take months and months.

Then they should adapt from the later arcs.

If they adapt from the later arcs younger viewers and readers wouldn't know what is going on. They have to begin from the first arc. Let's hope someone will animate the follower arcs someday.

Yes, Idolmaster was the reason Berserk was delayed for all of that time. He got addicted to it. True fucking story.

This, sadly.

deviatesfish
September 29th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I should hate Idolmaster, but mermaid girl and witch girl are adorable.

Sherrinford
September 29th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Yes. Yes they are.

*nods*

I3uster
September 29th, 2011, 07:26 AM
It's a meme guys, he's not ACTUALLY delaying it because of Idolmaster.

Sherrinford
September 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Well, I hope so.

Froggie
September 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Was it? Because I recall him saying in those little mangaka blurbs that come with the magazines that he was seriously addicted to both Niconico and [email protected] several times over.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/MIURAAAAA.jpg

Personally, I've always been of the opinion that Berserk chapters take so long to be published because Miura secretly sacrificed all his assistants to his crimson behelit...

Cruor
October 13th, 2011, 11:13 PM
True. That is also why Berserk is published in a monthly magazine, IIRC. But to draw 18 pages doesn't take months and months.
I thought it was biweekly.

Twelveseal
October 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Miura can only make such a sacrifice once the project fails completely. That's actually why he delays it. He wants it to falter and collapse, that way he can finally achieve it with that last, demonic, blood-soaked sacrifice.

Personally, I'm stuck waiting for like, volume 11. None of the local shops carry it past volume 10, unless it's past volume 30, so I'm missing out on so much awesome it hurts.

ItsaRandomUsername
October 14th, 2011, 12:18 AM
You poor man.

Froggie
November 2nd, 2011, 07:37 AM
GUYS! GUYS! NEW TRAILER IS OUT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9vM79FFWQ

Sherrinford
November 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
AW YEAH!

I think I've seen more CG than what I think it's needed, but ok. It looked good.

For what little I can listen to, the OST seems good as well. Overall, it seems it will be a good adaptation.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
That's a lot of CG.

Still, doesn't change the fact that I'm excited for this either way.

deviatesfish
November 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM
GRIIIIIFFFFFFIIIIISSUUUUUUU

CthulhuRisen
November 16th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Awesome. Ive been looking forward to this since I saw a trailer months and months ago.
Maybe with it coming out soon i can finally get my friend hooked on the manga.

BTW this is my first post, was actually going to register here then go search for when this will air when i found this thread.
Thanks for saving me the trouble.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 16th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Fresh meat! Welcome, CthuluRisen!

Spinach
November 16th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Welcome, welcome. Enjoy your stay~

Froggie
November 21st, 2011, 09:57 PM
GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!

ALL THREE FILMS ARE BEING RELEASED NEXT YEAR! ALL THREE OF THEM!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-21/berserk-anime-2nd-3rd-films-to-open-in-2012

ItsaRandomUsername
November 21st, 2011, 10:53 PM
WE DUN HAVE TO WAIT

Yippee.

deviatesfish
November 21st, 2011, 11:03 PM
PRAETOR!

Sherrinford
November 22nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Whoa!

Hooray!

Froggie
January 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM
New trailer, guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHDVGT2AD5Y

Sherrinford
January 17th, 2012, 10:58 AM
It looks GOOD.

Although I didn't really enjoyed this OST.

Aaah!! Yowane Haku smiled!

Sherrinford
January 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HNZNCd62XLc

Almost SIX minutes of trailer, guys!

Thus, while a narrator sums up the story, we can take a look to a few more scenes.

Fingolfin
January 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
^ The CG's good. Though, I don't get the whole dark fantasy vibe from it until the end.

Sherrinford
January 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Mh, first of all, to clarify, a question: have you read Berserk?

Froggie
January 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Oh man, the wait for BD rips is going to be so damn painful. This looks absolutely glorious.

Guess Zodd is going to be the end of movie 1 with Guts's departure closing 2 and The Eclipse closing 3?

Fingolfin
January 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Mh, first of all, to clarify, a question: have you read Berserk?

I meant in the trailer itself. I wasn't complaining or anything. Have you any idea if they're going to stick to the Band of the Hawk arc or if it's going to go past that point? Because from what is I see so far, that's what they're doing. I'd like to see some Berserk Armour action but that's just me.

Also, did I come off as obnoxious with my earlier comment? I apologize if that's the case.

Sherrinford
January 30th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Have you any idea if they're going to stick to the Band of the Hawk arc or if it's going to go past that point? Because from what is I see so far, that's what they're doing.

I don't know. Afaik, it's the usual BotH arc until now. Berserk turns "dark fantasy" later on.

I'd like to see some Berserk Armour action but that's just me.

We all do. But as I said before, Berserk suffers the same fate as JJBA. Stardust Crusaders, and nothing more (except between fans). Even more in my case, since I really liked the 90's anime, so while I'm glad for this, I would have preferred another arc. Not to mention that I remember this arc well, so I would watch it only for the animation.

But hey, if you want to approach the new generations, you have to start from the beginning etc.etc.

Anyway, I'm glad they're making it nonethless!

Also, did I come off as obnoxious with my earlier comment? I apologize if that's the case.

Sigh. Don't worry. Really, this is what I should have typed in my post. I knew that without intonation that question might have sounded pedantic.

Fingolfin
January 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
We all do. But as I said before, Berserk suffers the same fate as JJBA. Stardust Crusaders, and nothing more (except between fans). Even more in my case, since I really liked the 90's anime, so while I'm glad for this, I would have preferred another arc. Not to mention that I remember this arc well, so I would watch it only for the animation.

True, true. I still hope they animate Battle Tendency some day though, as unlikely as it is.

Sherrinford
February 4th, 2012, 07:23 PM
New chapter is out, guys!

Miura gives us amazing Berserker Armor scenes like only he knows how and...

... MIURA YOU CAN'T END A CHAPTER LIKE THAT, NOT YOU!!

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
April 20th, 2012, 01:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eA1W9lpZIM&feature=youtu.be

Sherrinford
April 20th, 2012, 04:03 PM
So ironic, it almost hurts.

Dammit, now I keep picturing Void singing "Poor Unfortunate Soul"...

ItsaRandomUsername
April 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
MORGAN FREEMAN

Froggie
April 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM
MORGAN FREEMAN

MORGAN FREEMAN!!

Sherrinford
April 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Preview~ preview~ it's censored, but HEY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH9mPrbzz-k

Your reaction to the opening (ending) guys.

TypeWannabe
June 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
HOLY SHIT GUYS THE FIRST MOVIE IS OUT

Froggie
June 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
To the torrents!

deviatesfish
June 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
HOLY SHIT GUYS IT WAS AWESOME

Lancelot
June 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hm, so, is it just a recap? or there is actually something more than the anime on this first movie??
I've read a little of the manga, but mostly my friends told me what happens in the manga.
Downloading the movie...

eddyak
June 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I'd slowpoke you guys (it's been out and subbed for at least a week now), but...

Froggie
June 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
No one told me until today!

deviatesfish
June 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
AND FROGGIE TOLD ME

Fingolfin
June 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Damn it, I have to see this movie. But how?

Elf
June 10th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hm, so, is it just a recap? or there is actually something more than the anime on this first movie??
I've read a little of the manga, but mostly my friends told me what happens in the manga.
Downloading the movie...

You fucking read the manga right now. It is awesome.

. . . I want to see the Lost Children Arc animated for one scene alone. The one where Guts is talking to Jill and you can see all the things hunting him behind him. It's just such a gorgeous and dark scene.

Froggie
June 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Oh man, the wait for BD rips is going to be so damn painful. This looks absolutely glorious.

Guess Zodd is going to be the end of movie 1 with Guts's departure closing 2 and The Eclipse closing 3?

Just watched it. The copious usage of CG animation was a bit unsettling at first, but there were plenty of hand drawn moments as well. Overall, it was visually impressive. Miura's designs translated well, but they lacked a certain "oopmh". The music had its moments, but overall it wasn't as memorable as that of the original TV series.

Movie 1 covered from the moment Guts was recruited into the Band of the Hawk until Guts assassinates the Count and his son.

Movie 2 will probably cover the battles leading up to Guts leaving the Hawks and, apparently, Griffith's reckless decision that follows Guts's departure.

Movie 3 would probably then cover Guts's return and The Eclipse.

Movie 2 airs sometime this month in Japan. If the wait for BDs remains the same, we should be able to see Movie 2 between October or November.

Fingolfin
June 12th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Cool, new chapter... it's a flashback, damn. Still, better than nothing.

deviatesfish
June 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Need movie ploz

Fingolfin
October 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM
New chapter, and it isn't a flashback!

Yay!

ItsaRandomUsername
October 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Ah yes! Will read ASAP.

deviatesfish
October 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM
MERMAIDS MERMAIDS EVERYWHERE

0SilverHawk0
October 15th, 2012, 11:16 PM
This chapter seems to be hinting that things will actually get going now. However, I'll probably have died before a new chapter comes out, so you never know.

Char
October 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Did my eyes deceive me, or did it say October 26th for the next chapter?

0SilverHawk0
October 16th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Did my eyes deceive me, or did it say October 26th for the next chapter?
There may be an infinitesimally small chance that I checked back, and you are right. Maybe Miura's got more motivation now that the movies are coming out?

TypeWannabe
October 16th, 2012, 02:46 PM
The end of Berserk still won't be out until after he's long dead though.

0SilverHawk0
October 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Maybe he'll get a fatal illness and start hurrying things up.

deviatesfish
October 16th, 2012, 08:48 PM
finally gpt bored of idolmasterr

ItsaRandomUsername
November 7th, 2012, 02:35 AM
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Berserk/Chapter%20332/berserk_c332_012.JPG
Cock-a-mothafuckin-doo.

Paitouch
November 7th, 2012, 02:43 AM
I've solo'd things that could eat that chicken for breakfast in Monster Hunter. I'm sure more than 6 guys should have no trouble!

November 7th, 2012, 02:57 AM
considering your monster hunter character is basically Guts only slower I would not say that would be no trouble

- - - Updated - - -

considering your monster hunter character is basically Guts only slower I would not say that would be no trouble

2Bad
November 8th, 2012, 12:40 AM
This latest chapter showed me just how bad the slow release affects me: I had no idea that was Rickert and Ericka until someone on /a/ pointed it out.

November 8th, 2012, 12:51 AM
what? Really? They look the same age despite Rickert being like what, 20? and Ericka's what, 12?

deviatesfish
November 8th, 2012, 05:05 AM
They should fuck

Elf
January 28th, 2013, 01:41 AM
So the second movie is out and subbed.

Dear god so awesome. This covers my favorite part of the Golden Age arc where you get to see 100 Men Slayer Guts. Also, it really plays up the Guts and Caska romance too, which made me happy.

And I forgot how frigging awesome Caska was, which makes the next part even more sad.

mangafreak7793
January 28th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Rape Time?

ItsaRandomUsername
January 28th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Is this one decently subbed? Because the version I saw was like 90s fansubbing level of bad.

Elf
January 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Is this one decently subbed? Because the version I saw was like 90s fansubbing level of bad.

It seemed decently subbed to me.

Also, in creepy hindsight, the both times we see Griffith or Femto having sex he's thinking of Guts the entire time.

With Charlotte he was thinking of Guts, and in the new movie how they animated the scene, it's both insanely sexy and creepy.

Then when he rapes Caska as Femto, he's making eye contact with Guts the entire time.

mangafreak7793
January 28th, 2013, 10:40 AM

Also, in creepy hindsight, the both times we see Griffith or Femto having sex he's thinking of Guts the entire time.

With Charlotte he was thinking of Guts, and in the new movie how they animated the scene, it's both insanely sexy and creepy.

Then when he rapes Caska as Femto, he's making eye contact with Guts the entire time.

Well if it wasn't Berserk it would have been creepy but since this is Griffth, I'm not surprised. -_-

eddyak
January 28th, 2013, 01:20 PM

I think it's not so much "I want you" as it is "I'm doing to you exactly what you did to me".

Spinach
February 4th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Finally bothered to watch the second movie. Shit was better than the first one by a large gap. The direction was really spot on during all of the key scenes, especially during Caska's rape flashback, 100 Man Slayer scene, Guts leaving the Hawk, Griffith's sex scene was freaking intense, and the scene where Guts and Caska talk during the party was great. Overall, this makes up for the previous movie's lackluster performance and more.

9/10 would recommend. It loses a point because the CGI is still pig disgusting :V

It also fucking amazes me that I still feel really attached to Griffith and get really into it in the final scenes of the movie, even though I know what he's going to do soon. Why can't I hold all this good writing.

Froggie
February 4th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Now I need to get around to watching it too. I'll see if I can scrounge up some time this weekend.

Man, seeing this thread on the front page reminds me how much I miss Sherrin ;_;

deviatesfish
February 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Sherrin?

RoadBuster
February 5th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Finally bothered to watch the second movie. Shit was better than the first one by a large gap. The direction was really spot on during all of the key scenes, especially during Caska's rape flashback, 100 Man Slayer scene, Guts leaving the Hawk, Griffith's sex scene was freaking intense, and the scene where Guts and Caska talk during the party was great. Overall, this makes up for the previous movie's lackluster performance and more.

9/10 would recommend. It loses a point because the CGI is still pig disgusting :V

It also fucking amazes me that I still feel really attached to Griffith and get really into it in the final scenes of the movie, even though I know what he's going to do soon. Why can't I hold all this good writing.

Wow, summed it up perfectly.

mangafreak7793
February 5th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Please no CGI blight/demon summoning/mass sacrificing!

Drawn style seems best.

Elf
February 5th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Griffith's sex scene was freaking hot and disturbing at the same time.

Also, poor Guts. Poor, poor Guts. Because he really isn't a bad guy, but man, life just shits on him constantly and points and laughs.

Break
April 27th, 2013, 06:16 AM
well he actually does seem pretty happy now, for his standards at least. with his new companions and all, especially Puck and Schierke are keeping him away from the REVENGERAGE.

and whoo necro, because i finally caught up with the manga again and was wondering if any of you guys know when the hiatus will end/when itll resume/what the general status on Kentaro is.

ItsaRandomUsername
June 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Guess what has subtitles now? That's right, movie III.

Paitouch
June 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Niggers the tag is [Cancer] for a reason
Think about this, IRUN.

TypeWannabe
June 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Well, just watched the 3rd movie.

Damn. Just damn.

Also, SKULL KNIGHT, YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH

ItsaRandomUsername
June 26th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Eclipse is still as hard as ever to watch.

Naturally, that was the highlight of the whole movie.

And please let that be a legit sequel hook at the end and not just them telling us all what we already know. I suspect it actually is but ya can't be too optimistic 'round these parts sometimes.

Break
June 28th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Great movie, kinda bummed out they cut out most of the escape from the capital and the fight against the dog/sasquatch apostle, although Guts not beeing already half-dead when entering the eclipse makes his climbing and asskicking a lot more believable at that part.

The birth of demon son was surprisingly cut off, i suspect theyll flashback that laterr.

Only two real issues i had with it were just coloring issues, with the Godhands skinshading in the manga i expected them to have a darker skin tone, somewhat like the tone the Noahs have in Dgrayman. Also im pretty sure Skull Knights eyes are supposed to glow blue, not red, though i could be wrong.

Next movie is probably gonna be the meeting with Puck, the SCaterpillar apostle, and Lost Children Arc, ending on meeting the churchknightguys and riding off in the sunset after traumatizing whatshername church-chick.

Elf
June 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I hope they do Lost Children Arc, I really do.

You know how long I've waited to see that animated? Its probably my favorite arc in Berserk after Golden Age wraps up, followed by the one with the whores that shows Fairness is fucking nuts. With that one whore who was probably the most attractive woman in Berserk and road around with Skull Knight for a giant part of it.

Break
June 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I hope they do Lost Children Arc, I really do.

You know how long I've waited to see that animated? Its probably my favorite arc in Berserk after Golden Age wraps up, followed by the one with the whores that shows Fairness is fucking nuts. With that one whore who was probably the most attractive woman in Berserk and road around with Skull Knight for a giant part of it.

true, true.
Although on the one hand i'd like them to get to animating Schierke and the Berserkr armor already, but on the other hand they really shouldnt gloss over that as its really good.

I guess wether or not Lost children arc gets animated is unsure; on one hand, it is really really good regarding the themes, story, and action, but on the other hand might be hard to get through because of the constantly butt-naked loli in there.

Elf
June 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
true, true.
Although on the one hand i'd like them to get to animating Schierke and the Berserkr armor already, but on the other hand they really shouldnt gloss over that as its really good.

I guess wether or not Lost children arc gets animated is unsure; on one hand, it is really really good regarding the themes, story, and action, but on the other hand might be hard to get through because of the constantly butt-naked loli in there.

Its cool, just cover her up with some shadows and shit. Besides, she's MothGirl Loli anyway, not real loli.

Break
June 29th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Its cool, just cover her up with some shadows and shit. Besides, she's MothGirl Loli anyway, not real loli.

Well considering its a magical mothdemonform, they can probably just remove nipples and.....stuff until she goes into human form. Should not be too hard. Plus from the milisecond she flew through the scene in the last movie, as well as the short scene she appeared in the 90's anime, she's prolly gonna be glowing green anyways (or theyll just have that for her giant moth form)

TypeWannabe
June 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I will say something that I just remembered. In the second movie when it showed the Griffith x Charlotte sex scene I watched it all the way through, but when Guts and Casca made love I opened another tab until I heard it was over. It's strange, with Guts and Casca it was a personal, genuine love thing, and I felt that even as fictional characters they deserved some privacy, but with Griffith's scene it was very dark and perverse and I just had to see what the hell.

Break
June 29th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I liked how natural Gut's and Casca's scene was; you could easily see how unsure and inexperienced they both were, especially Guts. No forced "manliness" just because, its something i like about Guts; despite all that muscle, he is a very natural-feeling, real-feeling, "human" character. He is no Duke Nukem, he is just a human Man who hppens to be strong.

Speaking of which the movies kind of omitted his whole "raped when eh was a kid" deal, in movie 1 it was just a short dream-sequence that one probably wouldnt understand as "he was raped as a kid", and they omitted his traumatic fallback due to it in the casca sex-scene as well.

BlackField
June 30th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Just marathoned them with a friend. 3rd movie was by far the best. Watching the eclipse animated almost scene for scene was awesome. And the fact they stopped using so much cg was just icing on the cake.

2nd movie was weird, they spent too much time dancing and fucking, when they could've done some of the stuff they didn't animate. Not to mention watching Charlotte orgasm just from her breasts getting touched was awkward as all fuck to watch. Griffith's hands confirmed better than his penis and everything Guts does, Casca and Charlotte confirmed.

Break
June 30th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I feel they used so much CG before to preserve budget for the Eclipse... this time, they only used CG during those surreal scenes where its fitting as hell.

Sherrinford
April 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Luca's back!

Now I really want to know in what terms Rickert and Griffith will meet.

Kat
April 14th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Gosh, all those people are like lambs waiting for the slaughter...

2Bad
April 14th, 2014, 10:44 AM
People keeping going "IT'S JUST TO GATHER SACRIFICES!!!!!!111!!!" but that doesn't really follow. We don't know what the God Hand's overall goal is, and the World Transformation itself already gave them each a fantasy zone to call their own, Falconia is Griffith's. He wanted a castle and a country of his own, that's what this is, he's not just going to toss that aside. What would they even be sacrificed FOR? To incarnate the Idea of Evil, which A: still hasn't been recanonized (and hopefully never will be because it sucks) and B: even if it were, it should have been pulled over along with all the other shit from the astral world anyway. So either we're LOOKING at the God Hand's endgame plan and they're just sort of stuck in "what now" territory until Guts and co start fucking things up, or they have some larger goal that we really have no hints toward.

Break
April 14th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Wait is there a new chapter up? Oh hell yeah! Now all i need is the movies continuing and BAM well have an estate!

Sherrinford
April 14th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I don't think it's for sacrifices either. At least for the time being. It's pretty much Griffith's dream come true, I'd say he'll enjoy it at least for a bit.

2Bad
April 14th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Wait is there a new chapter up? Oh hell yeah! Now all i need is the movies continuing and BAM well have an estate!

I'm really hoping we're done with movies, it forces them to cut too much. Doing the GA that was way fine for obvious reasons, but what they've said is that the Golden Age movies are just the start of a project to adapt the whole thing, I'm hoping the next stage is a proper series. Also for no more CG because that shit looked awful. I mean, no adaptation is actually going to look as good as the manga but come on.

Kat
April 14th, 2014, 11:40 AM
CGI is for cutting costs, actually, because drawing everything is usually more expensive.

Break
April 14th, 2014, 11:43 AM
True enough, though getting approval for such a long anime would probably be hard. Unless they do like one 1-cour per arc and take a seasonal break per arc so they can recover budget and Miuraa can catch up with manga.

Solomos
April 14th, 2014, 11:46 AM
True enough, though getting approval for such a long anime would probably be hard. Unless they do like one 1-cour per arc and take a seasonal break per arc so they can recover budget and Miuraa can catch up with manga.

That shall never happen.

2Bad
April 14th, 2014, 11:49 AM
CGI is for cutting costs, actually, because drawing everything is usually more expensive.

I'm well aware of what it's for. That does not change the fact it looks like shit.

Kat
April 14th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I'm well aware of what it's for. That does not change the fact it looks like shit.

Hey, it is cheap, so no wonder why it looks shit!

2Bad
April 14th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Hey, it is cheap, so no wonder why it looks shit![/B]

So why are you defending it?

Kat
April 14th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Because I pity those people who draw for movies who are already half slaves.

Sherrinford
April 14th, 2014, 01:55 PM
True enough, though getting approval for such a long anime would probably be hard.

I dunno, Berserk seems to be popular enough.

Miuraa can catch up with manga.

Yeah, that's never going to happen.

Break
April 14th, 2014, 02:01 PM
yeah i mean at least alittle.

Gray
August 14th, 2014, 08:08 PM
So How do you think Richter is going to hold up after being exposed to the darkness of the world directly.

Sherrinford
August 16th, 2014, 01:01 PM
My opinion is biased since I hate Griffith.

Break
August 16th, 2014, 01:02 PM
doesnt everybody?

Solomos
August 16th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Griffith is love. Griffith is life.

deviatesfish
August 16th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Its all godhand now.

Char
August 19th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I love him, Falconia4eva

Kat
August 19th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Too cheesy for me.

Rocket Burrito
July 29th, 2015, 01:23 AM
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/berserk/c338/

Apparently this just updated for the first time in almost a year, rejoice!

ZidanReign
July 29th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Once a month again

until the next console [email protected]

praise the boat

Rocket Burrito
July 29th, 2015, 02:03 AM
let's hope he doesn't get addicted to kancolle too

2Bad
July 29th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Will you shut the hell up and just talk about Berserk

Cause this meetup is going to tie shit all the way back to the damn Golden Age

Break
July 29th, 2015, 12:55 PM
OHHhh yeah
Get hype

- - - Updated - - -

let's hope he doesn't get addicted to kancolle too

Love life is more likely

Meh
July 29th, 2015, 02:35 PM
yay, update.

Anyway, where exactly was Rickert when he was attacked near the end?

Rocket Burrito
July 29th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Well, considering that no one has died as of late, I have a feeling that Erica is gonna get killed, or even Rickert once he shares his knowledge of Griffith.

ZidanReign
July 30th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Will you shut the hell up and just talk about Berserk

no

Rocket Burrito
September 12th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Another update's been out for a week so far, anyone else finished reading it? It's a Rickert chapter so no Guts sailing and all that.

Emiya Kiritsugu
October 15th, 2015, 01:51 AM
I thought prior to Rickert visiting the bird man, we just got done with the adventures of Ye Olde Guts' crew.

Anyways, re-caught up to the latest chapter (Sept.23). As much as I welcome more development with Rickert and Bakiraka folks, I wanna be back on that boat, almost.

Elthanes
November 24th, 2015, 10:51 AM
We're off the fucking boat
http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/559570

Rocket Burrito
November 24th, 2015, 10:56 AM
We're off the fucking boat
http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/559570
My god... HISTORY IS MADE.

ZidanReign
November 24th, 2015, 11:03 AM
HOLY SHIT WHAT

I JUST GOT HERE

WE'RE OFF THE FUCKING BOAT?!

Rocket Burrito
November 24th, 2015, 11:04 AM
HOLY SHIT WHAT

I JUST GOT HERE

WE'RE OFF THE FUCKING BOAT?!
WE'RE OFF THE FUCKING BOAT.

Snow
November 24th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Renko
November 24th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Finally, a new chapter!

Rocket Burrito
I NEVER THOUGHT MIURA WOULD LIVE TO MAKE THIS DAY. I THOUGHT IDOL HELL GOT HIM.

ZidanReign
WE'RE OFF THE FUCKING BOAT.

* Knowing that Guts has finally made it off the boat fills your pants with DETERMINATION.

Rocket Burrito
November 24th, 2015, 11:09 AM
* Knowing that Guts has finally made it off the boat fills your pants with DETERMINATION.
MY GUTS CRAWL WITH DETERMINATION AND LEAK OUT OF MY PANTS BUT IT'S OKAY

Marmadillo
November 24th, 2015, 11:11 AM
I'm also happy, but in a less creepy way.

ZidanReign
November 24th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I'm just chipper atm.

Maybe now I can scroll down a berserk thread without seeing manga is kill/boat memes now.

The Boat Meme is finally kill.

Rocket Burrito
November 24th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Aye, the boat meme has finally died, that disgusting thing is finally cast aside by glorious guts leaving the god damn boat

aldeayeah
December 1st, 2015, 07:12 AM
New chapters 5 months in a row, wooooooo

Aw, Rickert is all grown up now, he has formed his own D&D party.

Meh
December 27th, 2015, 06:41 AM
http://berserk-anime.com/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max1000x1500/cms/news/96916/main_bg.jpg
http://cdn2.natalie.mu/media/comic/1512/1225/extra/news_header_berserk_anime.jpg
more berserk anime next year. yay

Rue
December 27th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Bloody hell of a time for all.

Certis Baliano
December 27th, 2015, 07:34 AM
There's always a good time for more Berserk.

black1blade
December 27th, 2015, 07:43 AM
2016 is going to be a pretty awesome year. Lots of my fav shows from this year are getting sequels along with lots of other sequels and continuations, some of which un-suspected like berserk.

Bobin
December 27th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Pray the 3cg isn't crap.

orangetunes
December 29th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Oh no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6izvgutkZs&feature=youtu.be

Snow
December 29th, 2015, 06:19 AM
HA HA I knew it but it doesn't make it hurt any less

Marmadillo
December 29th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Funnily enough it looks better than the movies.

orangetunes
December 29th, 2015, 07:10 AM
This is even uglier than I had initially thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIA9xg2oIew&feature=youtu.be

forumghost
December 29th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Funnily enough it looks better than the movies.

Wow, what an amazing feat.

2Bad
December 29th, 2015, 11:40 AM
The worst part is the movies had these really gorgeous bits of 2D as animation which would then cut to the garbage cg, and I suspect this will do the same.

Elthanes
December 29th, 2015, 11:53 AM
This is what I get for hoping it wouldn't turn out like this

ZidanReign
December 29th, 2015, 01:15 PM
manga going on hiatus again

anime is going to be cg shit

might as well kill myself

Certis Baliano
December 29th, 2015, 01:18 PM
manga going on hiatus again

anime is going to be cg shit

might as well kill myself

So you're at your lowest point? Just use a Behelit and everything will be fiiiiine.

Meh
December 29th, 2015, 01:22 PM
meh, the CG never bothered me.

ZidanReign
December 29th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Just use a Behelit and everything will be fiiiiine.

wheres my giant naked rei 2015

Meh
March 26th, 2016, 02:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWDTb73AeE

Elthanes
March 26th, 2016, 02:32 PM
There's a subbed version too
https://my.mixtape.moe/pqyhbg.mp4

Solomos
June 13th, 2016, 12:21 AM
Berserk Musou

Bloble
June 14th, 2016, 01:15 AM
I'm hearing rumours the anime will skip the Lost Children arc. I don't like it, but it's understandable, since that arc's borderline impossible to put on television even if they censor the shit out of it, and it's among the more skippable chapters in terms of adapting the story. At best we'll get an OVA.

Frostyvale
June 14th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Berserk is curious, but quickly approaching some edge asymptote. Things are becoming excellent on multiple notes.

But alas, nothing more to read.

Bloble
June 14th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Berserk is curious, but quickly approaching some edge asymptote. Things are becoming excellent on multiple notes.

But alas, nothing more to read.

Because we can't have nice things.

Also god damn that was a shitty teaser for the musou.

Elthanes
June 14th, 2016, 07:46 AM
I'm hearing rumours the anime will skip the Lost Children arc. I don't like it, but it's understandable, since that arc's borderline impossible to put on television even if they censor the shit out of it, and it's among the more skippable chapters in terms of adapting the story. At best we'll get an OVA.

I really don't consider the orgy in the cave or the brutal torture-room as more appropriate for television

Bloble
June 14th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I really don't consider the orgy in the cave or the brutal torture-room as more appropriate for television

More appropriate than an entire arc where the enemies are little kids with the final boss being a naked loli that flirts with guts and then gets graphically gutted.

2Bad
July 3rd, 2016, 09:44 PM
That was awful

Rockxas
July 4th, 2016, 01:21 AM
At the very least I can agree it was not good, just... alright I guess. The opening definitely feels like a mess though, I hope it turns out to be incomplete and that it gets better.

Alternative Ice
July 4th, 2016, 02:08 AM
No Lost Children arc. Isn't it sad Elf?

2Bad
August 25th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Literally speaking to the Elf King I can't believe this

Elthanes
August 25th, 2016, 03:02 PM
So next chapter we're back to Rickon?
Also this was probably my favourite chapter in 2 years or so

2Bad
August 25th, 2016, 03:09 PM
There's a possibility that within a year Casca will be talking again ffffffffuuuuuck

Elthanes
August 25th, 2016, 03:26 PM
That's gonna be pretty akward considering she last spoke 20 volumes ago

Marmadillo
August 26th, 2016, 03:13 AM
There's a possibility that within a year Casca will be talking again ffffffffuuuuuck
Yeah, I dunno. I have feeling they'll be sent on a quest to gather herbs or smth.

Solomos
September 23rd, 2016, 01:38 AM
Miura is such a fucking tease.

GhostDIGIT
September 23rd, 2016, 01:45 AM
So close yet still so far.

aldeayeah
September 23rd, 2016, 02:46 AM
Lo! A good chapter that kinda stands on its own!

Desuclocker
September 23rd, 2016, 03:03 AM
So how is the gang going to screw up Casca's treatment, I wonder. Leave her with crippling fear of Guts even though her memories are back? Or just make her curl up in a ball of depression?

Paitouch
September 23rd, 2016, 03:23 AM
They all get to experience the Griffith treatment from Casca's POV and then everyone comes out broken and scared of Guts.

aldeayeah
September 23rd, 2016, 04:29 AM
I guessed that too, except I suppose the mage-loli may be able to hold her own.

Maybe there's a Guts and a Skull Knight down there.

Or maybe it's rapists all the way down.

ZidanReign
September 23rd, 2016, 04:40 AM
the hiatus hell returns

sasuga miura

Elf
September 23rd, 2016, 08:55 AM
If Caska is going to run back to Griffith, I'm gonna be so pissed.

2Bad
September 23rd, 2016, 08:57 AM
There's no way.

Elthanes
September 23rd, 2016, 10:03 AM
I like the parallel between the Eclipse and the eye of the Beast of Darkness.

Snow
September 23rd, 2016, 10:07 AM
This chapter is so amazing it makes the hiatus hurt even more.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the parallel between the Eclipse and the eye of the Beast of Darkness.

Whoa I didn't even notice that.

Niiiice.

Lace
December 19th, 2016, 08:07 PM
FINALLY caught up and ugggghhh those last few chapters were so gorgeous and great

Now to wait forever for the next few issues FUCK

http://i.imgur.com/99d1LsE.png

me btw

LegalLoliLover
April 30th, 2017, 03:59 PM
One of my coworkers, for some weird reason, seems to hate Nina. This person: http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Nina in case you forgot, for "selling out" Casca, in order to save herself. I don't see why, though. Then again, compared to Liu Shan's "I don't miss Shu at all" speech, along with the fact that he actually kills Jiang Wei (historically, Zhong Hui's rebellion imploded in on itself, and both Jiang Wei and Zhong Hui were killed by the other rebels) during Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends, in order to suppress Zhong Hui's rebellion in the name of Wei or rather Jin, Nina telling the inquisitors that Casca is "the witch" in order to avoid a rather pointless torture session (because the inquisitors would have just went after Casca anyway, should Nina have died) is nothing. The only way that Liu Shan is better than Nina is that Liu Shan knows exactly what he wants and therefore feels no regret or shame about his decisions. Confidence, yo.

Lace
April 30th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Nina is more so someone I take pity in than hate. Poor girl's had a rough life. I'm glad she got a happy end with her dude.

LegalLoliLover
April 30th, 2017, 05:28 PM
OK, so it's not just me. Yeah, that coworker of mine is one of those "maintain abstract ideals in the face of plight" imbeciles. Basically, the opposite of my 寧我負人,毋人負我

Snow
April 30th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Huh?

Nina is terrible, that's why she's relateable. She teaches us to sit tight in that barrel and wait for better days.

LegalLoliLover
April 30th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Of course, she's relatable, when you're not a "holier-than-thou" type. People need to do what they need to to survive during times of chaos. That's why I was taken aback by my coworker's hatred. On a side note, is it "relatable" or "relateable"? Both seem to give me the red squiggles of misspelling.

Snow
April 30th, 2017, 05:37 PM
I usually spell it as the former but for some reason did the latter, but yeah it doesn't seem to be a word either way to my spellcheck.

2Bad
April 30th, 2017, 05:48 PM
the only reason to care about Nina is not wanting Luca's time to be wasted

Lace
April 30th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Luca's rad but I genuinely enjoyed Nina's parts in the arc and especially her conclusion

Weak characters are good. Unless they're Farnese, that fucking weirdo.

Snow
April 30th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Farnese is my baby please don't.

Lace
April 30th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Good

bye

- - - Updated - - -

Every Farnese focused chapter is a missed opportunity for a Schierke focused chapter. I'm not saying she's shit, I'm just saying she's not the shit.

Snow
April 30th, 2017, 06:09 PM
And every hiatus chapter is a missed opportunity for a content chapter.

GhostDIGIT
April 30th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Farnese is good civilization.

Snow
April 30th, 2017, 06:18 PM
I like Farnese because she has to fucking work for it, and she does.

Lace
April 30th, 2017, 06:21 PM
And by it you mean Guts' dick, right? Seems the be the most important thing on her mind.

Snow
April 30th, 2017, 06:22 PM
No, I mean tiny issues like, being severely mentally fucked up and having to struggle to even be a decent person, redemption after doing a lot of shit, major crisis of faith and identity, ya know, the little things.

2Bad
April 30th, 2017, 06:27 PM
I don't like farnese, three dimensional characters confuse and frighten me

Historia
May 1st, 2017, 05:48 PM
Who's Farnese I forgot

Lace
May 1st, 2017, 06:01 PM
Masochist incest fire girl.

LegalLoliLover
May 1st, 2017, 06:04 PM
Who's Farnese I forgotThe almost-horse-rape victim.
Also, if the manga explains this, then I apologize for the stupid question, but in terms of Griffith, I know that he wants to create his own kingdom, but does he actually have any "revolutionary" policy plans for it, save for the very diverse military, such as economics and agriculture? Cao Cao, for example, used tuntian.

GhostDIGIT
May 1st, 2017, 06:06 PM
Masochist incest fire girl.
Don't you mean sadist?

Lace
May 1st, 2017, 06:09 PM
She's pretty much both.

GhostDIGIT
May 1st, 2017, 06:10 PM
Really? I can't remember any scene where she's explicitly getting off on her own pain.

Solomos
May 1st, 2017, 07:16 PM
She used to whip herself, this was around the time she caught Guts after his fight with Rosine. Forget the arc name but it's before rape horse and wanting to be split in 2.

aldeayeah
May 3rd, 2017, 03:29 AM
And by it you mean Guts' dick, right? Seems the be the most important thing on her mind.

I was laughing all the time when she gave Guts a nice rubbing, then left his limp, wet sword hanging from a washing line.

Lace
May 3rd, 2017, 12:23 PM
Guts is too traumatized to get laid and with how it currently is I won't accept Farnese as the one to heal his dick

LegalLoliLover
May 3rd, 2017, 09:31 PM
Luca's rad but I genuinely enjoyed Nina's parts in the arc and especially her conclusion

Weak characters are good. Unless they're Farnese, that fucking weirdo.I really shouldn't take my coworker's opinions too seriously. After all, he likes the themes in Naruto. I don't know his opinion on 3 Kingdoms stuff because he has never experienced it.

Lace
May 4th, 2017, 12:24 PM
The themes as in, theme songs? Cuz some of those are pretty good.

LegalLoliLover
May 4th, 2017, 06:42 PM
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/theme?s=t Last definition from The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

GhostDIGIT
May 4th, 2017, 07:05 PM
She used to whip herself, this was around the time she caught Guts after his fight with Rosine. Forget the arc name but it's before rape horse and wanting to be split in 2.
Bit late to answer to this now but whatever, I completely forgot about that.

LegalLoliLover
May 19th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Watching the anime... Why isn't Skull Knight the main character? Whenever Guts gets in over his head, he's always rescued by Skull Knight. There's no real sense of danger when Guts has such a powerful fallback. Also, that trope of the villain "playing" with the hero too much.

aldeayeah
June 23rd, 2017, 06:47 AM
Dicks. Dicksdicksdicks. Dicksdicksdicksdicksdicksdicksdicks.

Dick-eating Mozgus saves the day.

Also, Berserk on hiatus again D:

ZidanReign
June 23rd, 2017, 03:31 PM
Berserk on hiatus again D:
clang

LegalLoliLover
June 23rd, 2017, 10:05 PM
This week's episode: Birds.

LegalLoliLover
July 2nd, 2017, 07:56 PM
For those who read the manga, did Griffith ever make a kingdom yet, like with a rooted capital, rather than just a roaming band?

2Bad
July 2nd, 2017, 09:23 PM
yes

LegalLoliLover
July 3rd, 2017, 06:57 PM
I don't suppose Miura would bore us with its economy, agriculture, or infrastructure, huh?

forumghost
July 3rd, 2017, 07:06 PM
I don't suppose Miura would bore us with its economy, agriculture, or infrastructure, huh?

So far it's been all about how it's the last shining beacon of hope for mankind, how monsters and humans live together there in harmony, and how Griffith is basically Berserk!Jesus.

Man, I pissed myself off just describing it.

LegalLoliLover
July 3rd, 2017, 07:29 PM
Sonia's bird analogies must be getting to me, but can the hawk soar as high as the phoenix (the phoenix is the symbol of Wei in Dynasty Warriors)?

aldeayeah
July 4th, 2017, 06:12 AM

You're thinking of the wrong never-ending manga, that's Vagabond.

eddyak
July 6th, 2017, 09:24 AM
So far it's been all about how it's the last shining beacon of hope for mankind, how monsters and humans live together there in harmony, and how Griffith is basically Berserk!Jesus.

Man, I pissed myself off just describing it.
I mean, he's never been Berserk Jesus, he just looks like it to the citizens of the kingdom. Almost every time we've seen him he's been a calculating bastard with a hard-on for being THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS.

forumghost
July 6th, 2017, 09:49 AM
I mean, he's never been Berserk Jesus, he just looks like it to the citizens of the kingdom. Almost every time we've seen him he's been a calculating bastard with a hard-on for being THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS.

Well yeah obviously. But in the chapters with Rickert's group in Falconia it's all about him being Jesus and taming the demons and saving the world and blah-blah-blah (Of course, the people he's 'protecting' don't know that he's the asshat that unleashed the demonic horrors on them just so that he could build an ostentatious and tacky monument to his own ego).

And then Rickert Bitchslaps him, tells him to go fuck himself and prepares to wander right back into the hellscape he just escaped from because FUCK YOU GRIFFITH.

2Bad
July 6th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Void is Berserk Jesus, if you want to get picky

LegalLoliLover
August 24th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Is the name, "Femto", based on something historically? I notice that the King of Depravity in Kekkai Sensen is named Femt. Doesn't seem like a coincidence.

aldeayeah
August 25th, 2017, 02:22 AM
I don't think it is. All of the Godhand members have scifi-ish names anyway.

LegalLoliLover
August 28th, 2017, 07:49 PM
To people who don't like Griffith as a political leader, aren't the leaders or former leaders of the current major powers pretty bad themselves? The Midland king wants to bang his daughter, and the Kushan emperor was such a great threat that Guts and Zodd ended up working together. Do we know anything about the Chuder emperor?

warellis
August 30th, 2017, 04:39 AM
So has Casca been fixed up in the head yet in the manga? I remember reading to the part where the Elf king (or is it queen?) appears.

aldeayeah
August 30th, 2017, 05:33 AM
Nope. The last few chapters were pretty good though, IMO, but it ended in a cliffhanger.

Lace
August 30th, 2017, 05:44 AM
If I had a penny for every penis per page..