PDA

View Full Version : Roudokukan

terraablaze
October 12th, 2011, 03:52 PM
http://sai-zen-sen.jp/special/roudokukan/

Because the only way to get a question answered it seems is to make a new thread each time some minor side thing shows up that no one cares about.

So what be this and why is it on the Type-Moon front page?

Kotonoha
October 12th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Tsuki no Sango book+CD version? I guess.

terraablaze
October 12th, 2011, 03:59 PM
*looks up Tsuki no Sango*

Oh right that story. I guess it makes sense now. Thanks Koto.

solopy567
October 12th, 2011, 10:37 PM
The hell is Tsuki no Sango?

Kotonoha
October 12th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Short story by Nasu.

Mcjon01
October 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
It's got the future and moon princesses, feel free to knock yourselves out trying to use it to connect Tsukihime and Notes.

Strife ❤️
October 13th, 2011, 12:10 PM
What is Tsuki no Sango in Japanese characters? In order to make it easier to search for.

Nevermind found it 月の珊瑚

Mcjon01
October 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM
月の珊瑚

Strife ❤️
October 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks

terraablaze
October 13th, 2011, 07:52 PM
For anyone still looking, pretty sure someone uploaded a translation (think it was Evo) onto Beast's Lair, but it may have been lost with the old Beat's Lair. *Has already forgotten when it was released/posted*

Kotonoha
October 13th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I thought I remembered a summary, was it a translation?

Lianru
October 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
A translation?
Me want.....

terraablaze
October 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
It actually very well could have been just a summary. I remember someone complaining it was very pretentious either way.

Mcjon01
October 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
It might have been a translation of a summary? :p

All I really remember about it is that it existed.

Dartz
October 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I'm 99% certain it was fully translated. Although not many people cared about it.

terraablaze
October 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM
It was pretty short either way. If it is just something to go along with an orchestral score like what seems to be the case that makes sense.

Lianru
October 13th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm 99% certain it was fully translated. Although not many people cared about it.
;_;
I care......

terraablaze
October 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I saved a lot of the translations related to Type-Moon/Nasu in Word. Let me see if I have it saved somewhere (I doubt it because I copied everything to some CDs recently and didn't notice it then).

Lianru
October 13th, 2011, 09:12 PM
~<3

terraablaze
October 13th, 2011, 09:17 PM
A search of my entire file system turned up nothing by that name, so unless I misnamed it then despair. Or look it up online, someone has to have a copy.

Lianru
October 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
;_;
Oh well, I have better things to do until December.
Thanks anyways, though~

Crown
October 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM
A search of my entire file system turned up nothing by that name, so unless I misnamed it then despair. Or look it up online, someone has to have a copy.
You suck at searching.

http://junshibuyablog.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/tsuki-no-sango-raw/
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjMxMzQxMzMy.html

I remember some chinese managed to get the whole stream with acceptable quality. Most likely I have it in a CD. Regarding the Animation it was pretty well done (as expected from ufotable) The images and animations were progressing as the story had been read.

But yeah, nobody cared about it at its time.

terraablaze
October 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM
That my good sir, is the internet. Not the file system of my computer. I would hope they are two different things and I am not secretly the God of the Internet.

Crown
October 13th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I had the RAW and translation on my computer as well. The video was just an extra I recalled watching.

Lianru
October 14th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks~

Nashoki
October 17th, 2011, 09:21 AM
;_;
I care......

Me too! ;A;
I love Maaya Sakamoto~ I never she had such an event(story telling).

Crown
October 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Well, looks like they're doing the same with Shigatsu No Majou No Heya.

Crown
October 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM
CD posted at /fate/. It also includes the raw text.

Crown
November 3rd, 2011, 01:45 AM
This should be translated ;_;

I began, to hum her voice.
Recalling the memory of the song.
Even if not touching, life will flow to the other side of the distant sky.
Light of the sea. Singing of the coral. - I still, still am in love with you.

google lol

Lianru
November 3rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
I'M TRYING
HONTOU NI

I just suck at Chinese. ;_;

pureauthor
November 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm decent at Chinese but utterly fail at Japanese.

*sigh*

Lianru
November 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
There's a Chinese text if you want to help...

Crown
November 30th, 2011, 01:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gBur0.jpg
Takeuchi bastard.

You make me want to think Arc had a child ;_; SPECULATION.

Lianru
November 30th, 2011, 01:55 PM
......I wonder which character that is.

Crown
November 30th, 2011, 01:56 PM
She's called "Princess" don't know if she has another name.

Crown
November 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
What the hell Sherrinford.

Sherrinford
November 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I got caught in a loophole of explanations (I post this. I meant, this. Or better, I mean this etc. etc.), and in the end my post was a bit meaningless in the first place.

This time I seriously derped, :p.

Lianru
November 30th, 2011, 07:01 PM
too bad post is deleted.

And oh, okay, princess. The narrator at the beginning, I think.

Keyne
December 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNO_yMPuH3s&feature=youtu.be

terraablaze
December 1st, 2011, 10:32 AM
So many pretty pictures.

Lianru
December 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Too bad they have no context. ;_;

terraablaze
December 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM
I vaguely remember what is happening.

*old lurker vanguard*

Lianru
December 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Translate the whole thing from memory.
EVEN IF IT WAS NEVER TRANSLATED IN THE FIRST PLACE

Crown
December 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Tsuki no Sango (The Coral of the Moon / The Moon’s Coral)

Although it sounds like a lie, my grandmother is a form with human shape that comes from the Moon.

This year has finally approached its end.

The eleventh night of full moon. After one month and later on, this year will end and a new one will begin without any promises.

Until then, we have no guarantee that we will still be alive, not even as the transparent jellyfish have.

For today’s humanity, time has been lost. Only the word “death” is applied to everything. I have heard that people from the past had more clear value than now. They used to think that the calendar was not something to be consumed by using, but something to be rotated, something that went on circles.

In short, they reused the same source of information. But there is a limit to savings. Although they say that people from the past were too extravagant, for us they were great savers.

Now it’s about year 3000 AD.

Even though humanity met its end way before now, even though there is no guarantee that every day will come, though there’s no fight because of it, and even though every civilization that people had piled up for more than one thousand years were thrown away at the sky, I am, as always, looking down upon the shore from the hills of the island, slightly ignoring all the marriage proposals until now.

“Water in the sky. The sky on the water. In the Moon’s sky, there is a sea that got torn apart.”

When I look at the shinning sea, a song I learned from my grandmother slips from my mouth unconsciously.

To be exact, the song was passed down through generations from my great-great-grandmother. Even if I understand the lyrics, I don’t get the meaning behind it. I guess I am talking badly about my grandmother, but it’s kind of too girly. The end is so near, but she looked like a person inside a dream.

It looks like my mother, my grandmother and my great-grandmother shared the same tastes and they were incredibly beautiful, unlike me, unfortunately, who is of poor quality. I am not beautiful as my mother and I lack girlishness. But it must be thanks to this island that I get proposed so many times.

“Huh? Are you returning home now, King of Arishima?”

When I looked up the sky, while feeling the gentle breeze, I saw a black plane flying.

Well, I don't know how accurate this is. I ain't knowledgeable to moorunes.

Crown
December 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQH62tPvFH8
Old video was made private.

Lianru
December 7th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Well, I don't know how accurate this is. I ain't knowledgeable to moorunes.
wait where did you get this from is there more is there more

Crown
December 7th, 2011, 11:20 PM
wait where did you get this from is there more is there more
An acquaintance from another forum.

Lianru
December 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Ah, I see.
Too bad it's not already fully translated...Tsuki no Sango, coming to you in about five years. =P

Crown
December 12th, 2011, 01:43 PM

Although it sounds like a lie, my grandmother is a form with human shape that comes from the Moon.

The eleventh night of full moon. After one month and later on, this year will end and a new one will begin without any promises.

Until then, we have no guarantee that we will still be alive, not even as the transparent jellyfish have.

For today’s humanity, time has been lost. Only the word “death” is applied to everything. I have heard that people from the past had more clear value than now. They used to think that the calendar was not something to be consumed by using, but something to be rotated, something that went on circles.

In short, they reused the same source of information. But there is a limit to savings. Although they say that people from the past were too extravagant, for us they were great savers.

Even though humanity met its end way before now, even though there is no guarantee that every day will come, though there’s no fight because of it, and even though every ancient relic people had piled up for more than one thousand years were thrown away at the sky, I am, as always, looking down upon the shore from the hills of the island, slightly ignoring all the marriage proposals until now.

“Water in the sky. The sky on the water. In the Moon’s sky, there is a sea that got torn apart.”

When I look at the shinning sea, a song I learned from my grandmother slips from my mouth unconsciously.

To be exact, the song was passed down through generations from my great-great-grandmother. Even if I understand the lyrics, I don’t get the meaning behind it. I guess I am talking badly about my grandmother, but it’s kind of too girly. The end is so near, but she looked like a person inside a dream.

It looks like my mother, my grandmother and my great-grandmother shared the same tastes and they were incredibly beautiful, unlike me, unfortunately, who is of poor quality. I am not beautiful as my mother and I lack girlishness. But it must be thanks to this island that I get proposed so many times.

“Huh? Are you going back home now, King of Arishima?”

When I looked up the sky, while feeling the gentle breeze, I saw a black plane flying.

Its energetic motor sound can be heard.

The last ancient relic, which rises up covering the moonlight, and its resonance. The iron fuselage, which shines faintly, yet clearly, is flying east.

One out. Including him, this is the sixteenth time.

Besides, this one is a new record. I have always been refusing their proposals by demanding unreasonable tasks any time they came and visited me. Although I would get angry because of an unprecedented situation that happens on this island, I couldn’t help it for today. He was the bad one for coming on the day of full moon. He was the type of man I would like to tell to read the current situation. There is less oxygen left, but if we are going to talk about love, I wish he did consider the time beforehand.

I live in a small colony with a population less than 50 people. The continent with the city stands on the other side of the sea, far away from this island. There is no harbor here, but there are unique coral reefs all over the crescent-shaped shore. These coral reefs are normal things to the inhabitants of this place, but it seems that they are as valuable as jewels to outsiders.

Since my grandmother’s generation, this island has been treated as a sanctuary. As coming to this place from the sea is prohibited, only people with airplanes or any other valuable objects can land here. The reason why I am called a princess is because they think this place is very special to them. They say that it’s their only star of hope for the revival of mankind, though to us, it’s an absolutely ordinary place, where we wouldn’t care much about the end.

“But it’s a pity. Even if he can fly to the sky, I guess it’s impossible to bring a fish from the Moon.”

Every time I get proposed, I always demand unreasonable tasks from the suitors.

This time’s demand was a fish of the Moon.

The Moon is a unidirectional world. There still exists a way to go there, but there seems to be no way to come back. The fact of going to the Moon sounds realistic, but you won’t be able to return to Earth. A realistic world of death I can observe while being alive.

Interesting.

Lianru
December 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
...I feel so slow. Stupid exams.

Crown
December 12th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Funny thing, the one doing this has also exams lol.

Lianru
December 12th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Well blah, time to abandon Tsuki no Sango.
;_;

terraablaze
December 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Looks like he is back, first a correction

Even though humanity met its end way before now, even though there is no guarantee that every day will come, though there’s no fight because of it, and even though every ancient relic people had piled up for more than one thousand years were thrown away at the sky, I am, as always, looking down upon the shore from the hills of the island, slightly ignoring all the marriage proposals until now.
“Huh? Are you going back home now, King of Arishima?”

And now something new

When I looked up the sky, while feeling the gentle breeze, I saw a black plane flying.Its energetic motor sound can be heard.
The last ancient relic, which rises up covering the moonlight, and its resonance. The iron fuselage, which shines faintly, yet clearly, is flying east.
Besides, this one is a new record. I have always been refusing their proposals by demanding unreasonable tasks any time they came and visited me. Although I would get angry because of an unprecedented situation that happens on this island, I couldn’t help it for today. He was the bad one for coming on the day of full moon. He was the type of man I would like to tell to read the current situation. There is less oxygen left, but if we are going to talk about love, I wish he did consider the time beforehand.
I live in a small colony with a population less than 50 people. The continent with the city stands on the other side of the sea, far away from this island. There is no harbor here, but there are unique coral reefs all over the crescent-shaped shore. These coral reefs are normal things to the inhabitants of this place, but it seems that they are as valuable as jewels to outsiders.
Since my grandmother’s generation, this island has been treated as a sanctuary. As coming to this place from the sea is prohibited, only people with airplanes or any other valuable objects can land here. The reason why I am called a princess is because they think this place is very special to them. They say that it’s their only star of hope for the revival of mankind, though to us, it’s an absolutely ordinary place, where we wouldn’t care much about the end.
“But it’s a pity. Even if he can fly to the sky, I guess it’s impossible to bring a fish from the Moon.”
Every time I get proposed, I always demand unreasonable tasks from the suitors.
The Moon is a unidirectional world. There still exists a way to go there, but there seems to be no way to come back. The fact of going to the Moon sounds realistic, but you won’t be able to return to Earth. A realistic world of death I can observe while being alive.

Crown
December 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks to Elf from MCAnime (spanish Type-Moon subforum) he's translating this.

Its energetic motor sound can be heard.
Besides, this one is a new record. I have always been refusing their proposals by making unreasonable demands any time they came and visited me. Although I would get angry because of an unprecedented situation that happens on this island, I couldn’t help it for today. He was the bad one for coming on the day of full moon. He was the type of man I would like to tell to read the current situation. There is less oxygen left, but if we are going to talk about love, I wish he did consider the time beforehand.
Every time I get proposed, I always make unreasonable demands on the suitors.
Well, I guess I was too harsh on the King of Arishima for telling him to travel to the Moon. Besides, I also told him to get a fish that doesn’t even exist in the first place. It would be normal of him to go away, being angry at me.
But I do swear, that I really meant it.
I prepared myself to devote my life to guess who would succeed my challenges.
But only that, as I cannot predict love. Even though many things disappeared from this planet, they say that the most important thing is the feeling of love a person has towards others.

Some years later, after the Moon became a world of death.
No. From the very beginning, it was a world of death to humans, so maybe it would be more appropriate to say that it returned to its original state.
The project of emigration to the Moon was one of the measures that took the human population, which grew a lot more. The Moon became a new settlement and the people that emigrated there started to build cities, making a new country in the end.
But after that, a catastrophe came. Although there was a bigger problem on Earth because of the pole shift, what happened to the humanity was the most critical thing, and a formless ending role as well.
How to say it...
Mankind lost their passions all of a sudden.
Those were the fervor for development, the fervor for understanding and the fervor for propagation.

Lianru
December 18th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hmm, me and BD were translating this too, think we should join up or something?

Touko
December 19th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Man, she could be reading a microwave manual, and I would still sit down and listen.

Crown
December 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM
It’s not something like “my son locked himself up in his house” kind of thing. All human beings began to stop caring about anything that would happen to this world. Some of them carried most of their belongings to the other side of the planet.

Even if there is nothing left on Earth, people can still live there.

But in the Moon, nobody can live without their relics.

In other words, these human beings...

“Your sole duty is to preserve the wisdom of humanity. To be frank, we’re tired of it.”

Saying this, they entrusted everything to the Moon.

Only half a century later, the Moon and Earth ended their means of communication. Mankind from each planet didn't have anything else to exchange to each other, so they just closed the door. After all, people from Earth can live without any problems with their own resources, while people from the Moon already have all their needs in their environment.

The reason why the moonlight was extinguished seems to have been because of something that happened several decades later since then.

Meanwhile, the population on Earth started to decrease.

They lost their interest to propagate anyway. If we leave them be, this species will disappear in about 50 years. Even though they are just living the way they want, since there is one “weirdo" out of ten people making an effort to live, they are able to exist until now.

Sincere people caring about others when there's a lot to take care for themselves. These rare people got together and made an "old-fashioned" human assembly, a living sphere known as the city department, though I don’t know much about them as I have never visited to that place.

It is called the Humanity Reconstruction Committee. A movement about going back to the basics of life. They say that love is very fundamental.

I really don't know what to say. It isn't something bad, but I don't know what they mean by understanding each other and I can’t even imagine that situation. Is it really a good thing? One thing for sure is that it won't only cause problems. It would be much better if they gave mutual assistance with something more systematical. There would be reassurance, self-interest and a specific job. Understanding the mind of a person that you can't even see it is not quite credible.

Thus, the reason why I always make unreasonable demands every time I get proposed is because, as I cannot predict love, I just want the suitors to make it possible. If they can get into their hands the valuable object I ask for and furthermore change it, it will prove me that this person really needs me.

Even if I like men and humans, I can't understand what love is. But I am happy this way too. After all, we live in a world where we can do whatever we want, as long as we have the sun, water and oxygen. Oh, but I cannot get rid of my hatred for this fact, that mankind will end because of it...

"The stars are shinning. The sea is rising. The coral is singing, as it is yearning."

"Like the jellyfish, we spend our time going around..."

Singing in the middle of a dark field, I start spinning around.

"Oh, so comparing life with a jellyfish? That's kind of lively, you know."

A voice interrupting my soliloquy.

It was a voice of a man, as if it was covered by a stage curtain I couldn’t see.

"Excuse me. Are you...?"

I turn around as he's called my name and see a strange thing floating.

A vehicle made of tin, as small as a lunchbox. It looks like a ship transporting sashimi.

Riding on top of it, there is something like a doll made of tin, as expected. The surface of the doll is smooth as a kettle and it is also featureless. In its head, there is a transparent eyehole, but as it is reflecting the moonlight, I cannot see what's in it.

Anyway, he called my name, so I should at least answer him.

"Hi. Nice to meet you... Shall I be saying?"

"You are polite too. I am this kind of man."

The tinplated man took out a tiny little paper. I don't know for what use it is, but as he's given it to me politely, I've accepted it in the same way.

"Did you come from outside the island?"

"Yes. I came here to meet you. If it doesn't mind you at all, can we have a conversation?"

This time, I couldn't help but open my eyes widely and blink them consecutively because of his actions. A new suitor. What a surprise. While it's true I met many different kind of people, it's my first time meeting with someone with a size I could hold with my own hand.

"Not at all. My job is to deliver things. The reason I came to this island is 50% for work and the other 50% for personal hobby."

The voice that sounds as if it was covered by a curtain. Is it because of that outfit?

A tiny ship floating around and the kind of visitor I have never seen in my life.

As I couldn't suppress my curiosity, I ended up staring at him, instead of having a conversation.

Not caring about my reaction, the tinplated man started talking about today's time, the year, the weather, and such. It looks like we'll have an idle chat. I just moderately take what he said and answer him shortly, of course. So, the conversation didn't advance at all.

Here we go.

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Well, a fansub translated this completely. I guess I'll tell the guy who was doing it. Might lighten his burden.

Lianru
January 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Oh, seriously? dang. where can I find it :>

edit: found it

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM
http://mazuisubs.com/184

I should work as a reporter.

Edit: alright.

Lianru
January 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Reading through it, though, it just seems......dunnolol. Random switches in tenses which are most likely a mistake on my part because lolchineseandnotenses? It's probably just me that feels that way because I tried to translate it myself and for some reason one's own work always feels more comfortable >_>

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I bet the guy's translation I was posting feels the same way.

Lianru
January 4th, 2012, 09:10 PM
It's always so awkward to read your own work >_>

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Well, he says is going to work on it no matter what. He says he would like to see how different each version is. Shit just got real.

Lianru
January 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hey, same here! XD Except I'm doing it for practice too. One from each language, I guess.

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I thought you weren't working on it anymore lol. Well that makes 3, LETS SEE WHOSE IS THE BEST.

Lianru
January 4th, 2012, 09:13 PM
ALL RIGHT, LET'S GO

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 09:20 PM
This just sidetracked me from finishing KnK and DDD. ;_;

Lianru
January 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM
GO, CROWN, GO
IGNORE US

Crown
January 4th, 2012, 11:19 PM
“Despite having the form of a human, perhaps it’s a little too arrogant to force human culture onto you
too.”
As he said this, he attempted to take off her dress,

I like where this is going.

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM
D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Crown
January 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Well, it was interesting. Though maybe a little slow paced for some people. I got some Notes vibes from this, specially from V/V in the chapter 3.

Dartz
January 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
It's a very touching story. A shame it doesn't seem to be connected to the main Nasuverse though. Still, this is very interesting:

According to records left in the lunar cities, she was an input mechanism for managing the planet more efficiently. Apparently they treated the planet as a life form of its own, and isolated its soul into a siliconbased body. It says “soul”, but presumably they meant “brain”. Planets have parts that you could call their “body” and “heart”, but no such organ as a “brain”. The scientists on the Moon had created an artificial brain, and a command body to go along with it with which they could control the planet as they pleased.

Crown
January 8th, 2012, 08:17 PM
...yeah, Nasu is just teasing us.

Lianru
January 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I like where this is going.
Too bad she pwned him. And then he came back again.

I still dun really get the whole story after reading it through time to draw an analogy to the song in the story lololol were they two different takes on the same story or something?

edit: four AE posts in a row oh yeah

Crown
January 8th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Too bad she pwned him. And then he came back again.I still dun really get the whole story after reading it through time to draw an analogy to the song in the story lololol were they two different takes on the same story or something?edit: four AE posts in a row oh yeahHe returned 48 hours later lol. And yeah, looks like were two. One before and after the book and the story of her grandmother.

Crown
July 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Are really just Dartz and me waiting for the Tsuki no Sango manga?

Lycodrake
July 8th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Are really just Dartz and me waiting for the Tsuki no Sango manga?
I want to know more about it, at the very least...

Lianru
July 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
THERE'S A MANGA???

(you wish, right?)

Crown
July 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
The whole thing is translated since, like, months.

Edit: where have you been Lianru?
http://sai-zen-sen.jp/works/comics/tsukinosango/01/01.html

Sasaki Shonen is drawing, rejoice.

Lianru
July 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Omg you're srs (I've been gone because I have no clue, school maybe)

Put me on the list.

edit: I gave up on translating it, maybe I should start over. The motivation just drains away when you know someone else has already done it...

Crown
July 8th, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8hxup.png

I want him to make some new content, the story is pretty short.

Lianru
July 8th, 2012, 04:05 PM
It sounds like it could be a really long oneshot. There's really not that much of a plot to it anyways.

Crown
July 8th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Everyone dies: the end.

Come to think of it nobody died, besides the grandma.

Lianru
July 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
"Everyone dies: the end" is the huge plot twist.

Only the grandma survives.