The trailer finally came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatgnqdIefs&feature=player_embedded
Discuss.

Sherrinford
October 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Good.

MssrNeko
October 14th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Liking what I see so far. Loki seems to be the main villian, but here's hoping that Red Skull will reappear.

Sucks that Edward Norton didn't reprise Banner. Not sure on what to think about the new Banner.

Revy
October 14th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I'm looking forward to it as well. Though I hope it doesn't turn out to be all hype....Having just seen the Thor movie not too long ago.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle this after over a year of build up.

Sherrinford
October 14th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Oh, btw I3uster, I didn't dislike this trailer.

;3

Five_X
October 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Liking what I see so far. Loki seems to be the main villian, but here's hoping that Red Skull will reappear.

Sucks that Edward Norton didn't reprise Banner. Not sure on what to think about the new Banner.

Agreed. Edward Norton was a fantastic Bruce Banner, and that version of the Incredible Hulk was in general one of the best superhero movies I've seen.

SeiKeo
October 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
KT won't be happy with this.

ItsaRandomUsername
October 14th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I am one happy camper.

Revengematron3
October 14th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Disappointed by the new Bruce Banner, but everything else looks promising.

Froggie
October 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM
That was all sorts of sexy.

lethum
October 14th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Boom! And Black widow. Also, jokes-

Chaos Greyblood
October 15th, 2011, 04:24 AM
I'm looking forward to it as well. Though I hope it doesn't turn out to be all hype....Having just seen the Thor movie not too long ago.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle this after over a year of build up.

Actually, the build-up started during the stinger scenes from Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk. You just knew that they were going to make an Avengers movie and they were already making plans. Thor, Captain America and Iron Man 2 were simply the rungs of the proverbial ladder that began to pave the way further.

That being said, I would feel that Marvel Films has the advantage right now. Neither one of their movies bombed at all and all that DC Movies have going for them is The Dark Knight Trilogy. Superman Returns had a lukewarm reception at best, Green Lantern was....not very successful at all and there's no word about a Wonder Woman movie being completed yet and the TV show project got scrapped even before it truly got started!

Let's see how Marvel fares with the upcoming movie.

DB-L
October 15th, 2011, 05:08 AM
"Loki threw Tony so hard, he turned into Steve."

lol

I3uster
October 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Oh, btw I3uster, I didn't dislike this trailer.

;3
Isn't this the kind of formulaic trailer you dislike?
I guess the hype blew it away.

Actually, the build-up started during the stinger scenes from Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk. You just knew that they were going to make an Avengers movie and they were already making plans. Thor, Captain America and Iron Man 2 were simply the rungs of the proverbial ladder that began to pave the way further.

That being said, I would feel that Marvel Films has the advantage right now. Neither one of their movies bombed at all and all that DC Movies have going for them is The Dark Knight Trilogy. Superman Returns had a lukewarm reception at best, Green Lantern was....not very successful at all and there's no word about a Wonder Woman movie being completed yet and the TV show project got scrapped even before it truly got started!

Let's see how Marvel fares with the upcoming movie.
I don't think they will screw it up. There really was not a single bad "buildup film". They weren't masterpieces, but very enjoyable and good action movies.

Sei
October 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hawk Eye better be awesome. I love that guy.

I3uster
October 15th, 2011, 09:45 AM
He was in Thor already, although he didn't have any dialogue IIRC.

Sei
October 15th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I didn't even notice him...

I want to see him in action though. Forget Tony. Hawkeye is like the Batman of the Avengers.

Sherrinford
October 15th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Isn't this the kind of formulaic trailer you dislike?
I guess the hype blew it away.

Oh, sure the hype does the most part... but I didn't dislike it. It wasn't that good, but I can't say it was bad.

Except for the part where Thor chuckles... yes, you-who-edited-the-trailer, Stark is being Stark-ish, and we are supposed to consider him cool. We are that smart, there was no need to point it out.

Sei
October 15th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I'd rather see a trailer like this than one that shows all the good parts of the movie.

*remembers Fantastic Four*

Sherrinford
October 15th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I'd rather see a trailer like this than one that shows all the good parts of the movie.

Well, yes, of course. Spoilering the ending.

Always a good idea.

Don't remember that trailer, but if you need to put the best parts of your movie in the trailer to catch viewers, that should be an hint that your movie has something wrong.

Sei
October 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Exactly.

I think the only thing that was left out of the Rise of the Silver Surfer trailers was the whole relationship thing that was going on.

If you saw the trailer, you saw all the action and a glimpse at the ending. Bad idea...

The point is, if you're a Marvel fan, you know this movie is coming. The trailer is just like "hey, this is kinda what we're doing. Now all your money." :P

Chaos Greyblood
October 15th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I want to see him in action though. Forget Tony. Hawkeye is like the Batman of the Avengers.

*Snickers and hides away from erupting with laughter*

I think the only thing that was left out of the Rise of the Silver Surfer trailers was the whole relationship thing that was going on.

Speaking of that, Silver Surfer movie freaking when? As long as they make out pretty well, I don't think it's impossible to do it, though I have a hunch how it's gonna be made.

I didn't like how they made out Galactus on the 2nd FF movie, though. They made him into some kind of gas giant-like being with all that buildup they did. I don't care if you were gonna squeeze out the budget or anything, you make Galactus and his worldship right even if you have to extend the freaking movie more than half an hour to do so!

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
October 15th, 2011, 12:55 PM
What happens when Human Torch meets Cap America?

Johnny: hey, we're twins!

DB-L
October 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM
He was in Thor already, although he didn't have any dialogue IIRC.

He had a few snarky lines about the incompetence of mooks, but that was all he said. :)

MssrNeko
October 15th, 2011, 01:54 PM
If Hawkeye doesn't do any crazy flips and shit while shooting down mooks, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Sei
October 15th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I also wanna see Samuel L. Jackson do something besides yell, talk, and point a gun. >.>;;;

DB-L
October 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM
But that's like, what Samuel L. Jackson is all about. :D

MssrNeko
October 15th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I also wanna see Samuel L. Jackson do something besides yell, talk, and point a gun. >.>;;;

With his looks, he could pull off carrying a grenade launcher and drinking scotch 24/7 while blasting his enemies to hell.

http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/what-makes-me-a-good-demoman-spray-4080_preview.jpg

Sei
October 15th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Dunno. Fury is like this badass commando dude. Jackson just doesn't capture that. :/

DB-L
October 15th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Did you see the 'Hoff version? :D

MssrNeko
October 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Plus, there's also the fact the Fury's supposed to be.....Oh I dunno, white and over 80 years old. There's also one thing I don't like. It's Fury's Howling Commandos, not a rag-tag team under the Cap (no offense to the Cap).

I3uster
October 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Plus, there's also the fact the Fury's supposed to be.....Oh I dunno, white and over 80 years old. There's also one thing I don't like. It's Fury's Howling Commandos, not a rag-tag team under the Cap (no offense to the Cap).
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6319/440pxfuryult.jpg

You know Ultimate Nick Fury? Apparently not.

MssrNeko
October 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Didn't Sam cut out a deal w/ Marvel about that?

Chaos Greyblood
October 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I remember Nick Fury because I've seen him in the 1990s and nowadays his former self is an afterthought. He was white, BTW. Or rather, he used to be.

Revengematron3
October 15th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Didn't Sam cut out a deal w/ Marvel about that?

I believe Marvel asked if they could use him as the design for Ultimate Nick Fury, and he said sure, but only if he got to play him in the movies, which they were cool with. Kinda like the purple lightsaber thing from Star Wars.

Chaos Greyblood
October 15th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Black Nick Fury also extended to the Avengers animated series. The 2011 one, not the one from the early 2000s.

SeiKeo
May 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Oh god I saw this at the release last night, fuck yes, this is everything I wanted in a superhero movie.

Mcjon01
May 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
List of release dates:
>F:May
>U:May
>C:May
>K:May
>I:May
>N:May
>G:May
>E:May
>V:May
>R:May
>Y:May
>W:May
>H:May
>R:May
>B:May
>U:May
>T:May
>Japan: August 17

MAAAAARVEEEEEL

Five_X
May 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Japanese don't care about gaijin colour manga.

Laith
May 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
At least you can only get spoiled by the internet. I have to be careful when engaging on conversation since everyone except me watched it last week apparently. It's horrible to almost hear a spoiler in an almost avengerless conversation.

Mcjon01
May 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Meh, at least I only have to wait an extra week for the Dark Knight Rises.

Erlkonig
May 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
This movie was amazing. It really helped to have watched Captain America and Thor before watching it. Didn't watch Iron Man or Hulk though

Mcjon01
May 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
You didn't watch "Robert Downey Jr Ad-libs with the Dude for Two Hours: The Movie"? But it was the best one out of all of them!

Froggie
May 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Well, seen it twice now, once in regular format and once in 3d. Pretty much solidified my opinion that movies in 3d suck and are stupid.

On the movie itself, well... "That was all sorts of sexy"

Fingolfin
May 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I loved this movie, pretty much all the characters got a chance to shine. Also, ow, my ears hurt and my eyes feel tingly.

Totally worth it though.

Chaos Greyblood
May 4th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Will everyone on BL envy me because the premiere actually took place here in Mexicali earlier than all of the US and I watched it last week? :3 Because I did like it and so did my mother, oddly enough. My brother was kinda bored until the last quarter of the movie, but I thought it was damn good.

Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man is pure gold, especially with his lines. I think that arguably, he had the best lines of the movie. Also, I saw some girls on Facebook fawn on how hawt Thor is (Or rather, his actor). The guy who had the role of Loki was also quite apropos.

For the sequel, I want Christopher Lee voicing Thanos, damnit! He fits so well with the voice and goes along so well with Thanos' malevolence, his dark magnificence and absolute basrtardry.

Also, word on the grapevine says that Mark Ruffalo struck a deal with Marvel and may do at least 6 movies.

Fingolfin
May 4th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I didn't stay for the credits though, did I miss anything?

Chaos Greyblood
May 4th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I didn't stay for the credits though, did I miss anything?

Watch my spoiler and you'll see.

Fingolfin
May 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM
What? They showed Thanos?! NO! That's not fair. That's not fair! Ugh, I can't believe I left.

Curses. Oh well, there is always next time.

DB-L
May 4th, 2012, 08:58 PM
So the next movie will be the Infinity Gauntlet?

Or should we expect a Dr. Strange movie first?

Artee
May 4th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I watched the movie last week and I loved it! Tony Stark/Iron Man as troll as always, <333 I wanna watch it again xD

Fingolfin
May 4th, 2012, 09:27 PM
So the next movie will be the Infinity Gauntlet?

Or should we expect a Dr. Strange movie first?

Liam Neeson: The Sorcerer Supreme

It would be perfect. You know it to be true.

DB-L
May 4th, 2012, 09:29 PM
And now the people who kidnapped his daughter will suffer that much more.

Chaos Greyblood
May 4th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Liam Neeson: The Sorcerer Supreme

It would be perfect. You know it to be true.

You know, that can work.

Elf
May 5th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Now you will all worship Joss Whedon.

Because he is amazing.

Chaos Greyblood
May 5th, 2012, 12:08 AM

Because he is amazing.

I will scream ALL OF MY MONEY if he makes Avenger 2 even better... and brings in Christopher Lee.

Tobias
May 5th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Whose that red faced guy?

Elf
May 5th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I will scream ALL OF MY MONEY if he makes Avenger 2 even better... and brings in Christopher Lee.

I think either Micheal Ironside or James Earl Jones would do a better Thanatos voice. IMO.

I'm just sad that the Scarlet Witch can't be an Avenger. She's owned by the X-Men properties.

Tobias
May 5th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Also, my previous spoiler aside, the guy who played Bruce banner is bad and he should feel bad, they should have just paid the other guy his money. (which is not to say the hulk scenes weren't awesome, but the bruce banner scenes were wooden and of low quality)

DreamsRequiem
May 5th, 2012, 12:20 AM
>That feel when you've already watched it ten times and still enjoy it.

Feels pretty good man.

Rockxas
May 5th, 2012, 12:41 AM

Because he is amazing.
What? No. I already worshiped the guy, now I'll just double the number of altars, because the movie was damn amazing.

DB-L
May 5th, 2012, 01:03 AM
I think either Micheal Ironside or James Earl Jones would do a better Thanatos voice. IMO.

I'd lol if Michael "Darkseid" Ironside voiced Thanos.

It'd be fitting, in a way. xD

terraablaze
May 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Whose that red faced guy?

Not having even watched the movie I am going to guess Redskull. This is of course assuming you are unfamiliar with Redskull because you haven't watched the Captain America movie or read any of the comics.

Apple
May 5th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Puny god

Tobias
May 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
had that guess been correct it might be a spoiler, but also, I dont.....think so anyway, because he was in the captain america movie and it didnt look like him.

terraablaze
May 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM
No, I don't think it would have seeing as Redskull is a well known comic book character from the 40s.

Edit: oh I looked it up and people apparently think it's Thanos

Tobias
May 5th, 2012, 08:49 AM
yeah butred face guy only shows up for a split second as a surprise in the ending credits.

Apple
May 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM

** Click for bigger version

Tobias
May 5th, 2012, 08:52 AM
greatest scene in the movie.

terraablaze
May 5th, 2012, 08:52 AM
New answer is in edit.

TypeWannabe
May 5th, 2012, 10:36 AM
WHERE THE FUCK WAS ANT-MAN!?

Tobias
May 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
He bugged out? They left him out so he wouldn't bug you? He decided he was more of an anti-hero?

Mcjon01
May 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
And he says he isn't funny.

Laith
May 6th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Internet! I watched the movie and I thought it was... good. Not amazing or incredible just good. Still like the Cap's movie better.

DreamsRequiem
May 6th, 2012, 12:40 AM
The Cap's costume in this was inferior to the one in Cap's movie. -_-

Elf
May 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
The Cap's costume in this was inferior to the one in Cap's movie. -_-

You know, you're not the only one to say that.

I thought Cap's First costume was cool. Where he just sort of grabbed a bunch of random gear and wore the shirt from his stage show to go save his friend. That was a cool costume.

Also, did you know that there are a lot of Avengers that cannot appear in an Avengers movie because they're currently owned by other studios?

Like Fox owns the rights to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver due to their X-Men package deal. Sony of course owes Spider-Man. I know it would be impossible for the two studios to sell their rights back to Disney but . . .

I want the Scarlet Witch as an Avenger.

I grew up reading my Dad's Avengers comics, particularly the famous Perez/Busik run where the Scarlet Witch was a predominant character. I liked her a lot, I loved Perez's redesign of her costume, and I liked the romantic conflict with her, Wonder Man, and the Vision.

I'm not going to get into what Marvel did to her character, because that would be a ten page rant, but I'd love to see her as an Avenger written by Joss Whedon. Because, as cool as the Black Widow is, the movie team needs more women.

Just one problem with that, the rights to the Scarlet Witch character are owned by Fox as part of their X-Men Deal. Which yes, Wanda is a mutant and Magneto's daughter, but until House of M she was always an Avenger first and foremost. Sure having other characters cross over and meet would be cool, especially a Hulk VS The Thing fight would be awesome, but I'd be happy with just Wanda Maximoff on the team.

Chaos Greyblood
May 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
About a Hulk vs Thing, there's always a chance for another Hulk animated feature.

Somehow, I don't think having Mockingbird will do you any good, won't it? Or maybe Wasp as well?

Wait, better option! Miss Marvel! But maybe that'll be more likely to happen in another Avengers movie when the Kree come knocking on Earth's door.

TypeWannabe
May 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Or maybe, none of the above! Instead:

Avengers II: Goliath's Revenge! Or The Avengers 2: Ant-Man Boogaloo! Or even Ant-Man: The Avengers!

Mcjon01
May 6th, 2012, 12:56 PM
They should go ahead and skip to Skrulls invading and the Avengers getting replaced by Norman Osborn's DARK AVENGERS! Government-sanctioned dickery for all!

TypeWannabe
May 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
The Sentry makes everyone so hot.

Chaos Greyblood
May 6th, 2012, 01:04 PM
The Sentry makes everyone so hot.

I'm sorry, but to hell with Sentry. Story-wise, he'd feel more like a crutch than actual help with his issues.

TypeWannabe
May 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
The Avengers II: Governmental Boogaloo will be known as a cornerstone of the film genre for making the movie not about the action or the plot, but about diving into the psyche of the superheroes.

mewarmo990
May 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I think the pain in the ass that's usually involved when convincing the Sentry to do anything at all outweighs any potential cool factor of putting him into a movie.

Personally I'd like to see the Civil War arc on the silver screen or TV some day. I always thought it was awesome of The Incredibles to include that in the plot, and I'd like to see a more serious exploration of it.

Of course, the cast for a movie like that would be even more expansive (and EXPENSIVE) than The Avengers, so who knows? I just want to see Chris Evans play Cap and Johnny Storm in the same movie.

TypeWannabe
May 6th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yes, because we totally need to see Civil War again.

Five_X
May 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
It'd be nice if they did the Civil War arc without the really silly Skrull War tie-in. That just made it hilarious, not even barely serious.

But really? The movie we need right now... is a Moon Knight movie, you hear?

You can try to resist
Try to hide from his fists
But you know, but you know that you
Can't stop the Moon Knight...

TypeWannabe
May 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I am vaguely humiliated that I know what song you're referencing.

DoomRavager
May 6th, 2012, 03:50 PM
So, SHIELD's carrier had a bunch of F-35s, despite the F-35 having known problems with trying to land on carriers in real life. I found that slightly amusing somehow.

SeiKeo
May 6th, 2012, 03:52 PM
It's a bit into the future, we've obviously solved the engine problems with the C.

DoomRavager
May 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Well, I'm sure the cable hooking issues were solved by the time the movie is set, I just had a slight chuckle imagining the fighter flying in circles making repeated landing attempts.

Elf
May 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM
We do not need a Civil War Avengers movie. Period. There are so many cooler things to have the Avengers fight a movie.

Like Count Nefaria. Or Ultron. I would LOVE to see a movie with Ultron in it.

You kids, big about your Civil War, but you know shit about a lot of the cooler villains the Avengers have faced over the years. (And I would rather see the Scarlet Witch than the Wasp. Traditional Marvel Universe version of the Wasp? She is an annoyingly spoiled twit. Ms. Marvel could be cool, and I'd like to see Mockingbird, but the Scarlet Witch and the Black Widow are good enough for me.)

Five_X
May 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I liked the Civil War before it was overblown. :V

Lycodrake
May 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
We do not need a Civil War Avengers movie. Period. There are so many cooler things to have the Avengers fight a movie.

You kids, big about your Civil War, but you know shit about a lot of the cooler villains the Avengers have faced over the years. (And I would rather see the Scarlet Witch than the Wasp. Traditional Marvel Universe version of the Wasp? She is an annoyingly spoiled twit. Ms. Marvel could be cool, and I'd like to see Mockingbird, but the Scarlet Witch and the Black Widow are good enough for me.)
Give me Ultron over Civil War. And Scarlet Witch over Wasp (though I don't mind her design).
*hasn't seen movie yet, is blocking all spoilers*

Five_X
May 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Ant-Man drunken shenanigans movie, go go go!

mewarmo990
May 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM

Well, it's the stuff after Civil War that I really liked. CW's writing was kind of a mess. Doesn't mean a screenplay couldn't improve on it -- the bar was not set that high. Might be too long for a movie, though.

And yeah, there's still a lot of stuff for the Avengers to face. The reason we got Loki and not some more obviously world-threatening menace is because Fox still owns the rights to most of the A-list Marvel villains.

Elf
May 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well, it's the stuff after Civil War that I really liked. CW's writing was kind of a mess. Doesn't mean a screenplay couldn't improve on it -- the bar was not set that high. Might be too long for a movie, though.

Part of the problem was that there was the Civil War core books and then all the other normal comics that got sucked into the Civil War. Now Mark Milliar's Civil War had some cool moments in it. Like Cap beating the shit out of the Punisher and the Punisher letting him do it because he had too much respect to hit Cap back. However there was a lot of homoerotic context with Tony and Steve. A lot. 0-0

That said if Joss does do Avengers 2, and it seems like they want him to (they'd be stupid if they didn't get him to do a second one), and he'd want to . . . I think there are other things he can play with other than the Civil War.

Like Thanatos.

And yeah, there's still a lot of stuff for the Avengers to face. The reason we got Loki and not some more obviously world-threatening menace is because Fox still owns the rights to most of the A-list Marvel villains.

Read The Ultimates and see how much of a threat Loki can be.

Still, there are villains that Fox doesn't hold the rights to that could be awesome. Like Ultron, Count Nefaria, The Wrecking Crew etc. Hell, I'd love to see Taskmasker make an appearance.

mewarmo990
May 6th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I know. It's just... I didn't expect Loki to be the Big Bad of the capstone to all of Marvel's movie ventures these past few years.

Anyway, gotta go see the movie soon! So hyped.

Lycodrake
May 6th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I know. It's just... I didn't expect Loki to be the Big Bad of the capstone to all of Marvel's movie ventures these past few years.
Anyway, gotta go see the movie soon! So hyped.
Loki is a great villain than most people give him/her/it credit in Marvel-verse.

mewarmo990
May 6th, 2012, 05:23 PM
That's not what I meant either. I like Loki. He's just not that iconic of Marvel and that was my personal expectation.

I don't object to having Loki as the villain, I just didn't expect it.

Elf
May 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM
That's not what I meant either. I like Loki. He's just not that iconic of Marvel and that was my personal expectation.

I don't object to having Loki as the villain, I just didn't expect it.

I think part of the reason they went with it is because the actor playing Loki did such a good job honestly.

I'll get to see it next weekend and I'm excited as hell. Not only am I a big Avengers fan, I am a huge Joss Whedon Fangirl. Huge.

lantzblades
May 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM

really? marvel's production out put gave it away really. they tend to include commonly featured villains and heroes etcetera across their releases be it CB TV or movies. and Loki has been huge in the comics for two years now (joey Q not withstanding) and been featured a whole bunch in avengers EMH.

Chaos Greyblood
May 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I wonder if they'll also be a good idea for intergalatic action, like with Galactic Storm. Though I think it fits a lot better as an animated movie rather than a real action one, just like with a few of the storylines that have been mentioned.

Read The Ultimates and see how much of a threat Loki can be.

Please don't forget Dark Reign. Loki's also made a lot of stuff fly even under the nose of Norman Osborn.

You know another interesting villain we'd see? Baron Zemo. I'd probably vote for Helmut Zemo and have him create the Masters of Evil.

Vigilantia
May 7th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Agent Coulson. T_T My favorite character in the movies is gone.

Lol, the helicarrier. If you look at it you'll notice one of the landing areas for VTOLs or Helicopters is next to a gigantic turbine. This means that if they overshoot their landing or if they don't land and then tow themselves to their spot or they screw up their lift off then their helicopter is going to be confetti. Turbines that lift a gigantic super carrier = need a shit load of air that they're sucking from top to bottom.

TetsuoS2
May 7th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I want a Wolverine in my Avengers 2 !

Arashi_Leonhart
May 7th, 2012, 02:46 AM

For the love of all that is still Asgardian-sacred, why?

Chaos Greyblood
May 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM

...Did you even read what Elf said about the licenses?

Five_X
May 7th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Damned Wolverine Publicity...

Chaos Greyblood
May 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Damned Wolverine Publicity...

I assure you it's not gonna happen if Fox has anything to say about it.

Elf
May 8th, 2012, 12:42 AM
For the love of all that is still Asgardian-sacred, why?

Because Brian Micheal Bendis is retarded and makes metaphorical baby Jesus cry. And Wolverine was part of the clusterfuck mess that was the New Avengers with Spider-Man and Power Man.

If Whedon does Avengers 2, which I hope to god he will, there would be no Wolverine even if they had the license. When he was writing Astonishing there were all these snide comments about how Wolverine was over used. (There's a hilarious interview in an issue of Wizard magazine where Whedon was writing as if Cyclopes was being interviewed. The snark was heavy there.)

I'd be happy with Wanda myself.

mangafreak7793
May 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM
How about spider man?

Ivan The Mouse
May 8th, 2012, 01:01 AM

You are hereby condemned for treason and heresy.

Elf
May 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM
How about spider man?

No.

Because A.) The rights to Spider-Man are currently held by Sony and B.) There are other Avengers, true Avengers, that I would rather see on screen than Spidey. I'd love to see Wonder Man, the Vision, or if we want an X-Men as part of the Avengers, well did you know that the Beast has been an Avenger almost as long as he's been an X-Men?

In fact, his relationship with Wonder Man is one of the most famous and fun relationships in Marvel Comics?

Yeah. I'd rather see the Beast and Wonder Man before seeing Spider-Man or Wolverine as an Avenger, and the Beast had better be played by Kelsey Grammer.

TetsuoS2
May 8th, 2012, 01:10 AM
You are hereby condemned for treason and heresy.

Who said anything about me being honest? You can't charge me for a joke.

:neco_arc:

Vigilantia
May 8th, 2012, 03:54 AM
I'ed like to see more of Robin (Maria Hill) and Nick Fury kicking ass. I must not have been the only guy that thought he said "M***** F*****, do I look like a bitch to you?" when he shot down the F-35 taking off.

In order for an Avengers 2 to be made, they'ed have have to finish Iron Man 3. I believe Captain America 2 is also in the works and I could see Thor's world being flushed out more as well. I'm not "quite" sure if Hulk needs more interaction though... New characters for the Avengers is possible, but the realistic "attention span" and time limit is for about 6 people, meaning if the focus still stays on the Big 4 then people like Hawkeye or BW's sections would have to be cut to make time. I'ed prefer Whendon just keep the current 6 hero focus. Coulson :-(

TetsuoS2
May 8th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Yeah. I'd love more Samuel! M***** F****!!

Mcjon01
May 8th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I only want Wolverine and Spiderman in an Avengers movie if they're both inconsequential to the plot and their role can be entirely summed up as "Spiderman annoys Wolverine in the background of important scenes".

mewarmo990
May 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM
I only want Wolverine and Spiderman in an Avengers movie if they're both inconsequential to the plot and their role can be entirely summed up as "Spiderman annoys Wolverine in the background of important scenes".
Yeah, I'd be okay with fun little cameos like this.

Whether you liked X-Men: First Class or not, Hugh Jackman's Logan cameo was the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBv6cH9__2c

I'd pay to see another scene like this if Fury tries to recruit him for the Avengers.

"Have you ever heard of the Aven-"

xelloss
May 8th, 2012, 05:59 AM
This movie was great. But another name for it could have been "Loki Gets Beaten Up by Everyone."

It was kind of hilarious.

Arashi_Leonhart
May 8th, 2012, 06:21 AM
In order for an Avengers 2 to be made, they'ed have have to finish Iron Man 3. I believe Captain America 2 is also in the works and I could see Thor's world being flushed out more as well. I'm not "quite" sure if Hulk needs more interaction though... New characters for the Avengers is possible, but the realistic "attention span" and time limit is for about 6 people, meaning if the focus still stays on the Big 4 then people like Hawkeye or BW's sections would have to be cut to make time. I'ed prefer Whendon just keep the current 6 hero focus.

Current in production:

Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Captain America 2

Announced:

Incredible Hulk (3, I guess, though 1 was only kind of loosely referenced)

Currently desired by Marvel, but not yet announced:

Black Widow and/or Hawkeye
SHIELD/Nick Fury
Avengers 2

EXiku
May 8th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I did not know this thread was here o.O

I watched it shortly after release here and damn...I cannot think of a bad thing to say! Joss Whedon really did it (granted I liked Angel and most of Dollhouse...)

Chris Evans has really won me over as Captain America (I always felt Eric Johnson had the better look for the part) In the CA movie, Chris Evans didn't do it for me until the very end when he wakes in our time, but throughout this movie he was amazing. I missed Edward Norton, but Mark Ruffalo was great...he did a good attempt at Hindi, using believable basic terms (English directly translated into Hindi, rather than more often used Hindi phrases)

I notice Hawkeye swapped out his bow from Thor.

But yes, in regards to appearances from the New Avengers? Outside fun cameos...no.

I can totally foresee that girl (I only know her as Gretchen from Recess!) being Cap's love interest...I jelly.

Tobias
May 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
man fuck wolverine. relentless desire to play him up basically ruined X-3 and arguably damaged X-2. could we just leave him out of any other franchises to wreck? please?

TypeWannabe
May 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Now, I knew about Thanos, I stayed for that, because I've grown accustomed to staying till the end of comic book movies, but then I left. I didn't know about the other scene until way later, but thankfully I was able to find a clip of it. Did anyone else see it?

MssrNeko
May 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I still want my Doctor Strange movie. >:[

But I'll accept a Luke Cage/Iron Fist tag team. MAKE IT HAPPEN, JOSS.

Chaos Greyblood
May 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I hear people also want a Deadpool movie. You know, the actual Merc with a Mouth, not that poor and horrible mutation that passed for "Deadpool".

Mcjon01
May 8th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Now, I knew about Thanos, I stayed for that, because I've grown accustomed to staying till the end of comic book movies, but then I left.

This is why I always pull out my phone and head to aftercredits.com while the credits roll, now. I don't like wasting time, but I don't like missing stuff, either.

EXiku
May 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I like listening to the credits track and checking out the cast list...also it's the best time to discuss the movie...

I thought they were making a Deadpool movie? Or was that axed after Origins?

Ace
May 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I think the pain in the ass that's usually involved when convincing the Sentry to do anything at all outweighs any potential cool factor of putting him into a movie.

Personally I'd like to see the Civil War arc on the silver screen or TV some day. I always thought it was awesome of The Incredibles to include that in the plot, and I'd like to see a more serious exploration of it.

Of course, the cast for a movie like that would be even more expansive (and EXPENSIVE) than The Avengers, so who knows? I just want to see Chris Evans play Cap and Johnny Storm in the same movie.

Don't think Civil War would work for the Marvel Movie-verse, since they're all basically registered already.

Chaos Greyblood
May 8th, 2012, 09:13 PM
That's why I said some of those projects would fit better as animated features. There's only so many movies you'd make with a real life cast.

Elf
May 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM
man fuck wolverine. relentless desire to play him up basically ruined X-3 and arguably damaged X-2. could we just leave him out of any other franchises to wreck? please?

. . . I actually liked X-2 a lot. Then again, it was Wolverine being Wolverine. That scene with him going berserk while protecting the kids in the school was pretty much as perfect as a PG-13 version we were going to get. However X-3 . . . Fuck I could get drunk with all the times he was fucking crying in that movie.

I like Logan a lot. He's one of my favorite X-Men after Nightcrawler and Colossus (yet another Whedon stroke of genius when he brought Peitor back and then proceeded to hook him up with Kitty), but he needs to be the berserker Canadian. Not on every fucking superhero team that Marvel has. What's next, him being a member of the Fantastic Four?

I thought they were making a Deadpool movie? Or was that axed after Origins?

Rumor has it that its still in the works and Ryan Reynolds is still going to play Wade. Which makes me happy because Ryan Renyolds is the one guy who I can think who has a mouth enough to be the merc with a mouth. I still can't think of him as Hal Jordan. Really.

Lycodrake
May 8th, 2012, 09:53 PM
. . . I actually liked X-2 a lot. Then again, it was Wolverine being Wolverine. That scene with him going berserk while protecting the kids in the school was pretty much as perfect as a PG-13 version we were going to get. However X-3 . . . Fuck I could get drunk with all the times he was fucking crying in that movie.

I like Logan a lot. He's one of my favorite X-Men after Nightcrawler and Colossus (yet another Whedon stroke of genius when he brought Peitor back and then proceeded to hook him up with Kitty), but he needs to be the berserker Canadian. Not on every fucking superhero team that Marvel has. What's next, him being a member of the Fantastic Four?
Entirely agreed, Elf.
Also part of the reason why I'm glad that they're deciding to remake Spider-Man...or at least start over. *has been a fan of Spidey for years*

Tobias
May 8th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Didn't say I didn't like X-2, I said he arguably damaged it, which I stand by.

Rockxas
May 8th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Now, I knew about Thanos, I stayed for that, because I've grown accustomed to staying till the end of comic book movies, but then I left. I didn't know about the other scene until way later, but thankfully I was able to find a clip of it. Did anyone else see it?
The one with the shawarma? I did watch it when someone linked to it on Youtube in another forum.

Elf
May 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Didn't say I didn't like X-2, I said he arguably damaged it, which I stand by.

I don't think so.

Now Hallie Barry, the guy who played Cyclops, and the chick who played Jean Grey . . . They damaged it.

Now Nightcrawler was pretty much picture perfect. Then again, I adore Kurt in all of his nerdy swasbuckling Catholic ways.

Tobias
May 8th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I'll give you cyclops and Jean grey. Storm was pretty good. Or at least really hot. In some cases those can be the same thing. I did also think nightcrawler was awesome but that may be because he was my favorite way back when I was like 8 watching the cartoon.

Elf
May 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I'll give you cyclops and Jean grey. Storm was pretty good. Or at least really hot. In some cases those can be the same thing. I did also think nightcrawler was awesome but that may be because he was my favorite way back when I was like 8 watching the cartoon.

Nightcrawler is pretty much always awesome. Man, he was my favorite when that "Pride of the X-Men" cartoon came out. And if you don't know what that is, go look it up. It's kind of amazing and actually manages to make Scott cool. Yet Wolverine somehow got an Australian accent in it.

TypeWannabe
May 8th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I like Logan a lot. He's one of my favorite X-Men after Nightcrawler and Colossus

aww, I wuv u too.

Lycodrake
May 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Nightcrawler is pretty much always awesome. Man, he was my favorite when that "Pride of the X-Men" cartoon came out. And if you don't know what that is, go look it up. It's kind of amazing and actually manages to make Scott cool. Yet Wolverine somehow got an Australian accent in it.
Emma Frost sounded seriously weird in those, though. :<

Fingolfin
May 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I still want my Doctor Strange movie. >:[

But I'll accept a Luke Cage/Iron Fist tag team. MAKE IT HAPPEN, JOSS.

I agree with you man. There is not enough of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. I want to see Daniel do some insane wuxia style moves and punch trains. It's good stuff.

EDIT: They should have a sort of buddy cop movie. Just the two, being awesome, and maybe some cameos from other heroes.

Cage & Fist: Dirty Work

Five_X
May 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Colossus is a bro. A Ruskie bro, no less.

Lycodrake
May 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
His sister is awesome, too. :3

Chaos Greyblood
May 8th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I agree with you man. There is not enough of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. I want to see Daniel do some insane wuxia style moves and punch trains. It's good stuff.

EDIT: They should have a sort of buddy cop movie. Just the two, being awesome, and maybe some cameos from other heroes.

Heroes for Hire sounds a lot better, not to mention it leaves some space for other heroes to appear.

Elf
May 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
aww, I wuv u too.

Is this one of those moments where you realize why you friended me on MSN?

And like that perfect combination of physical perfection and beef cake with sweet, normal guy.

Fingolfin
May 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Heroes for Hire sounds a lot better, not to mention it leaves some space for other heroes to appear.

Yeah, I guess. Still, if it was going to be dark and edgy Dirty Work would fit. Otherwise, that works too considering their occupation in the comics.

So, basically it would be like Harry Dresden but with superpowered kung-fu and bromantic subtext. I like the sound of that.

Hermitfold
May 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I just saw this movie, due to damn exams, and I think I'm in love. This movie was so awesome that if I said anything more with my unworthy mouth, I'd be desecrating it. Joss Whedon is my hero, now and forever. I already admired him, now he's a hero in my book for all times.

I cannot think of a single complaint, that's how awesome it was. One thing I particularly liked was how funny it was. I expected that from Tony Stark, but I did not expect Thor to be so funny. Was he always this funny?

Chaos Greyblood
May 8th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Even Hercules can be hilarious, so yeah.

Verg Avesta
May 9th, 2012, 04:32 AM
I guess this makes up for the fiasco that was Alien: Resurrection?

EXiku
May 9th, 2012, 06:41 AM

...I hated X1 and X2 simply because they were all about Wolverine, and they were just so bad. X3 I liked a lot more because it wasn't so Wolvie-centric (+ Angel so...) But just, in general, the X-Movies need to be redone...Juggernaut has a lot of potential as a character, and I kind of hoped to see him in First Class :/

Cyclops has always been my favourite and I hated how his character was treated in the movies.

Rumor has it that its still in the works and Ryan Reynolds is still going to play Wade. Which makes me happy because Ryan Renyolds is the one guy who I can think who has a mouth enough to be the merc with a mouth. I still can't think of him as Hal Jordan. Really.
Ryan Reynolds was a good Deadpool - I still can't figure out what in the hell they were thinking when they did that to him. Green Lantern was not a good match, nor was it a good movie...

Entirely agreed, Elf.
Also part of the reason why I'm glad that they're deciding to remake Spider-Man...or at least start over. *has been a fan of Spidey for years*
I quite liked the stories of the Spider-Man movies (Tobey Maguire not so much) From what I hear, the reboot was because of a difference of opinion between Sam Raimi and Sony (I can't remember which big company was involved in it...) Raimi wanted to focus more on the earlier villains - which I found interesting and cool - but the big company wanted the newer villains like Venom.

I wonder...what's your opinion on their portrayal in Ultimate Spider-Man, if you happen to be watching it :)

Tobias
May 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I actually thought they were doing the reboot because toby McGuire wanted more money.

Which, just glancing at the home alone movies, and more recently the avengers itself because they didn't want to pay the other guy, always works badly for the studios that opt for replacement.

Which isn't to disparage the hulk scenes, they were awesome, but the guy they had playing Bruce banner was sub par. He just wasn't that great.

bahamut zero
May 9th, 2012, 08:30 AM
but the guy they had playing Bruce banner was sub par. He just wasn't that great.

Sure, thats why every critic said he delivered the best performance >

Hermitfold
May 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I was kinda ambivalent about the new dude, but Mark Ruffalo was pretty good in my opinion. He had a kinda diffident vibe that I liked.

May 9th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I don't know what to think
http://i.imgur.com/jqVAz.jpg

Chaos Greyblood
May 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I was kinda ambivalent about the new dude, but Mark Ruffalo was pretty good in my opinion. He had a kinda diffident vibe that I liked.

Yeah, but some more consistency with the Hulk design would be nice. The one from Ang Lee is the best Hulk and the others were not so great.

Chojomeka
May 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Kyokushi what the hell was that? Also Thanos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mcjon01
May 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM
A BLOO BLOO BLOO BLOO

Tobias
May 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Sure, thats why every critic said he delivered the best performance >

everyone I have talked to thought he was the worst one there. also, critics are morons, and have the time bought and paid for.

Fingolfin
May 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I wonder...what's your opinion on their portrayal in Ultimate Spider-Man, if you happen to be watching it :)

You the mean the Ultimate Spiderman comics, or have they made a show? I really need to catch up on that. I hope they did a good job of it.

I don't know what to think
http://i.imgur.com/jqVAz.jpg

BY ODIN'S BEARD! MY EYES! THEY BURN! IT'S LIKE SEEING MY GRANDMOTHER NAKED! OH, THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

Moving on, I think you just traumatized me Kyokushi. Don't worry, everyone does that to me eventually. It's nothing to worry about.

EXiku
May 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
You the mean the Ultimate Spiderman comics, or have they made a show? I really need to catch up on that. I hope they did a good job of it.
Ya - it's a new animated series (it replaced Spectacular Spider-Man, which was totally going places...)

It's all right, but there are aspects of it that are hit or miss. I like it so far - like, not love.

Vigilantia
May 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
@Kyokushi: WTF did I just look at... DAFUQ?

@ Hulk: I haven't seen the other Hulk movies but I thought Rufallo's performance was fine. Will be interesting to see how they fight they guy at the end of the credits though.

Chaos Greyblood
May 9th, 2012, 11:16 PM
For the record, I'm way too insane to have affected by that A BLOO BLOO BLOO pic. If anything, it just gave me a chuckle or two. :3

Theocrass
May 9th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Saw the movie, found it entertaining.

Not the greatest thing ever, but a pretty enjoyable ride nonetheless.

TetsuoS2
May 10th, 2012, 09:20 AM
That damnable comic strip gives me bad nightmares.

Seika
May 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Gearing up to watch, so I sought out Thor and Captain America. Ended up seeing them with Polish and Romanian fansubs, respectively. ~_^

Vigilantia
May 10th, 2012, 03:48 PM
It's ok. Thor's hair and Abs translate into all languages. Also: next time you see Thor pay attention to his hair. You'll notice its better kept after being backhanded by a giant than Natalie Portmans.

TypeWannabe
May 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Godly hair man.

Ligerleon89
May 10th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I just returned from the movie, Very fun and awesome indeed.

Thor/Iron Man fight was cool. The Hulk is a beast, no one can touch him.

In fact, The Hulk and Iron Man COMPLETELY STOLE THE SHOW!

And my favorite scene of the movie....

Hulk throwing Loki on the ground like he was nothing.

Loki: Enough I am the great and powerful GOD!

Hulk *thinks* F**K YOU, *slams Loki on the ground many times*
Puny God....

It was priceless.

So was that little scene with Thor and Hulk, Hulk didn't forget what Thor did to him...

Elf
May 10th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I guess this makes up for the fiasco that was Alien: Resurrection?

You know that was Fox's fault right and not Whedon's?

They raped his original script, made him have Ripley in it etc. It was raped worse than the Buffy movie.

Chaos Greyblood
May 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Maybe he and Clay Matthews Jr. go to the same hair dresser. :)

Frantic Author
May 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah, but some more consistency with the Hulk design would be nice. The one from Ang Lee is the best Hulk and the others were not so great.

Well Hulk is pure CGI, so it makes sense that his design changes as we get better CGI creation.

Mark Ruffalo was the best Bruce Banner and I love him for it.

Apple
May 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Haha, i was about to leave the cinema but my friend commented that the lights hadn't been switched on yet so he predicted an after credits scene. Suddenly, Thanos

Also lol wtf at the abloo bloo bloo pic hahaha

Vigilantia
May 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Apple, did you miss the Shawarma scene?

Apple
May 12th, 2012, 03:46 AM
... damn you Marvel

Outsmarted again!

Mcjon01
May 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I wonder why the Shawarma scene is listed as US release only. Other countries don't like Shawarma?

Vigilantia
May 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Nah, that scene was produced (or so I heard) the day before the US release. Therefore, they could only add it to US versions since all the other versions were shipped out. If you look at all the heroes, you'll notice Captain America is holding his hand up, hiding his face and looking hung over. That's because Chris Evans already grew a beard back and he was trying to hide it from the camera.

Interesting fact, while Iron man blows through one of the flying whale things (the one where he does a Jonah), he bounces up and down the street afterwards. In a blink and you'll miss it section, you can actually see a shwarma joint.

Lycodrake
May 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Just saw the movie today.
Daaamn.

Vahan
May 13th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Just saw the movie today.
Daaamn.

Ikr, so many shades of awesome.

Lycodrake
May 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Ikr, so many shades of awesome.
And some hilarity.
Especially Hulk punching Thor out of the blue. That was just...wonderful. Also, this made me pair Hawkeye and Black Widow more than the comics have done.
Oh, and Bruce was really well done. I really should see the latest Hulk, if that's any indication.

Added to the fact that the new Spider-Man movie is coming out in a few months. Which I will see, and have been looking forward to. With the fury of a thousand suns.

Vahan
May 13th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Let's not forget Loki being pounded into the ground by Hulk.

"Puny God"

Lycodrake
May 13th, 2012, 09:24 PM
That and Hulk smashing him into the ground like a ragdoll.
I also really enjoyed Black Widow's comment about how she de-programmed Hawkeye. :3

Frantic Author
May 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Nah, that scene was produced (or so I heard) the day before the US release. Therefore, they could only add it to US versions since all the other versions were shipped out. If you look at all the heroes, you'll notice Captain America is holding his hand up, hiding his face and looking hung over. That's because Chris Evans already grew a beard back and he was trying to hide it from the camera.

Interesting fact, while Iron man blows through one of the flying whale things (the one where he does a Jonah), he bounces up and down the street afterwards. In a blink and you'll miss it section, you can actually see a shwarma joint.

I heard from a guy at the premiere that he got in the elevator with the cast and saw they were all dressed up, so he asked "What the hell are you guys up too?"

"We have more to film!"

BananaShiki
May 13th, 2012, 10:34 PM
And some hilarity.
Especially Hulk punching Thor out of the blue. That was just...wonderful. Also, this made me pair Hawkeye and Black Widow more than the comics have done.
Oh, and Bruce was really well done. I really should see the latest Hulk, if that's any indication.

Added to the fact that the new Spider-Man movie is coming out in a few months. Which I will see, and have been looking forward to. With the fury of a thousand suns.

I thought the funniest parts were the Galaga scene and "he's adopted"

Lycodrake
May 13th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hm, those were quite close, but didn't quite stick with me...

Spinach
May 13th, 2012, 10:43 PM

You are a man of refined taste, as is evident in this post and your choice in username, avatar, title, and sig. I award you all of the internets.

BananaShiki
May 13th, 2012, 11:04 PM
You are a man of refined taste, as is evident in this post and your choice in username, avatar, title, and sig. I award you all of the internets.
Ara ara~ I'm honored.

can I have that quote for my sig?

Blue
May 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Ara ara~ I'm honored.

Made better when heard to be said by the avatar.

mangafreak7793
May 14th, 2012, 12:01 AM
That and Hulk smashing him into the ground like a ragdoll.
I also really enjoyed Black Widow's comment about how she de-programmed Hawkeye. :3

What did she say since I couldn't hear it due to the laughter of the theater.

and what did Hulk say after doing what he did to Loki?

Frantic Author
May 14th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I think she said something technical then looked at him, while he was like "What" and admitted "I gave you a concussion."

The Hulk said "Puny God."

lilithsama
May 14th, 2012, 01:46 AM
saw it today with the kaasan
fucking
awesome

MOTHER FUCKING THANOS
FUUUUCCCKKK YEAAHHHH!!!

so take to heart that this was just the warm up, or basically thor/capn america/iron man (movies) : avengers = avengers : avengers 2 (& 3, maybe)

Spinach
May 14th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Ara ara~ I'm honored.

can I have that quote for my sig?

The honor is mine, go for it.

Vigilantia
May 14th, 2012, 03:24 AM

Also good ones:

"It appears to run on some form of electricity!"
*a Beat as Ironman realizes who he sent to look a the panel*
"Well, you're not wrong."

Also:

*clink* Nothing happens
*clink clink* Performance issues? You know, one in five men... (gets choked by Loki)

Counterguardian
May 14th, 2012, 06:46 AM
"Oh, that's what it does."

TypeWannabe
May 14th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Also a ;_; moment.

Vigilantia
May 14th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Also a ;_; moment.
T_T

I heard he gets better in an interview, although the fans are split on that one. I "THINK" in the end Coulson approaches Fury just as the camera pans out (after his chat with the world council) but I can't be certain until the DVD comes out.

Ace
May 14th, 2012, 08:10 PM
T_T

I heard he gets better in an interview, although the fans are split on that one. I "THINK" in the end Coulson approaches Fury just as the camera pans out (after his chat with the world council) but I can't be certain until the DVD comes out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

BananaShiki
May 15th, 2012, 01:25 AM
The honor is mine, go for it.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 01:20 PM
^ Dat Delicious Kaoru!

So, anyone seen The Superhero Squad Show and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

mewarmo990
May 26th, 2012, 03:39 AM
I just got out of the theater a few minutes ago. MOVIE OF THE FUCKING YEAR

Now I'm gonna go find me some schwarma.

KENTA
May 26th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Pretty good movie. They built up Banner really well, but then the payoff to it all was disappointing. If you clearly have control, what was the problem before?

lilithsama
May 26th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Pretty good movie. They built up Banner really well, but then the payoff to it all was disappointing. If you clearly have control, what was the problem before?

this =_=

although the thor punch kinda helped
kinda

maybe if they emphasized that theyd been making the aliens targets for him it would have helped
like i was under the impression he was still out of control was just like "WTF ARE THESE BUZZY THINGS, SMAAASSSH" but then they did that circle line up thing =_=

i feel like there was a scene/step missing in there somewhere between werewolf-like killer monster and team-tank

Ligerleon89
May 26th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Regardless of how things went with the direction of the characters, the settings, and the execution, it was still a fun movie though. I don't nitpick as much as i do and from the look of how I type this post, I guess I stopped giving a darn. Maybe next movie. I do see that the disappoints with the Hulk as he isn't shown much during the fights.

lantzblades
May 27th, 2012, 12:34 AM
If you clearly have control, what was the problem before?

it's not control really, the hulk, aside from Joe fix it and the professor are still forces of nature, it's just that bruce is among friends on the avengers and hulk knows that so he's less blind mad like he is when hopping round the mid west

Elf
May 27th, 2012, 02:17 AM
If Joss Whedon didn't already have all of my love for Buffy, Angel, and Firefly, he'd have all of it for this.

Also I FUCKING TOLD YOU HE WAS BRILLIANT!

As pretty much perfect as this movie was, yegod all the small details, the greatest victory is that Whedon's talent will be accepted by others. So fuck you haters. Fuck you.

Now for the Hulk, it's pretty simple. On the Shield Carrier Bruce was getting pissed at everyone's hidden agendas etc and was feeling betrayed. This betrayal translated to the Hulk when he appeared and wanted to hurt the people who hurt him. Now when he transformed to fight the aliens, he was helping people who were going to get smashed. Even though Hulk "hate puny Banner", he's not evil and he does not like seeing things getting picked on.

Ergo, Hulk smashing.

The one thing that made me kind of sad, which is a fault to no one in the movie, is that Robert Downey Jr. stole the show pretty much every scene he was in. There really wasn't anyone who could keep up with him screen presence wise. However, I would be happy if Joss Whedon did nothing else the rest of his life other than write dialogue for Robert Downey Jr.

Also, I love Hawkeye, I always have.

Thanatos seems to be an interesting villain next time around, but honestly, I'd rather see Ultron.

TetsuoS2
May 27th, 2012, 02:26 AM
However, I would be happy if Joss Whedon did nothing else the rest of his life other than write dialogue for Robert Downey Jr.

Yeah, I can't believe how good Robert is for these kinds of characters.

I can't help but thinking about replacing him with EMIYA on that scene where Loki catches that arrow.

Elf
May 27th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I can't believe how good Robert is for this kinds of characters.

He really is Tony Stark. Seriously, they couldn't have picked a better guy.

I can't help but thinking about replacing him with EMIYA on that scene where Loki catches that arrow.

You wanna know something really funny? Hawkeye has those crazy thigh bondage straps too.

TetsuoS2
May 27th, 2012, 02:42 AM
You wanna know something really funny? Hawkeye has those crazy thigh bondage straps too.

Oh wow, didn't notice that. Now he just needs the red stuff and a Caladbolg/Hrunting.

Elf
May 27th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Oh wow, didn't notice that. Now he just needs the red stuff and a Caladbolg/Hrunting.

He even has spiky hair to boot!

mangafreak7793
May 27th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Hawker is emiya?

TypeWannabe
May 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I too wish to see the Avengers beat up the Greek personification of Death, screw that Marvel villain Thanos.

aldeayeah
May 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
*shrug*

It was good, but I couldn't enjoy it as much I wanted to because I kept comparing it to the first Ultimates miniseries by Millar/Hitch.

...Which, now that I think about it, I couldn't enjoy as much as I wanted because I kept comparing it to the Ellis/Hitch run of The Authority.

I should stop doing that.

Chaos Greyblood
May 27th, 2012, 11:14 PM
If Joss Whedon didn't already have all of my love for Buffy, Angel, and Firefly, he'd have all of it for this.

Also I FUCKING TOLD YOU HE WAS BRILLIANT!

As pretty much perfect as this movie was, yegod all the small details, the greatest victory is that Whedon's talent will be accepted by others. So fuck you haters. Fuck you.

Now for the Hulk, it's pretty simple. On the Shield Carrier Bruce was getting pissed at everyone's hidden agendas etc and was feeling betrayed. This betrayal translated to the Hulk when he appeared and wanted to hurt the people who hurt him. Now when he transformed to fight the aliens, he was helping people who were going to get smashed. Even though Hulk "hate puny Banner", he's not evil and he does not like seeing things getting picked on.

Ergo, Hulk smashing.

The one thing that made me kind of sad, which is a fault to no one in the movie, is that Robert Downey Jr. stole the show pretty much every scene he was in. There really wasn't anyone who could keep up with him screen presence wise. However, I would be happy if Joss Whedon did nothing else the rest of his life other than write dialogue for Robert Downey Jr.

Thanatos seems to be an interesting villain next time around, but honestly, I'd rather see Ultron.

It's somewhat similar with Avengers:EMH in which the Hulk was rather mistrusting to the Avengers at first because they couldn't gel well as a group at the start (That and Amora the Enchantress stirring things up didn't help matters) and he also felt that they couldn't trust him because they still think he's a rampaging monster. It also seems that his inner issues with Bruce are interesting enough in which inner Bruce is able to talk some sense into the Hulk and the big guy more or less listens to him now and doesn't have him in comtempt like in other Avengers related media, as well as his movies and cartoons.

More on Hulk, I like Superheroes Squad Show not only because it's pretty funny and has a nice take on the characters at large, THEY ALSO MADE THE HULK LOVABLE!!! Yeah, he's like the Nappa on that show. They made the guy funny and that's a nice angle to take on the Hulk because it's a nice change of pace from the 'rampaging big guy that smashes stuff' thing.

Since I mentioned the Enchantress, I hope that when they make the next Thor movie, they'll have a lovely and worthy actress for her. Amora is love if it wasn't for the fact that she... well, you know. >:3

Arashi_Leonhart
May 27th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Hulk like kittens.

Chaos Greyblood
May 28th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Hulk don't get it.

June 22nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nBjjI.jpg

Chaos Greyblood
June 22nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
And female fans puked rainbows.

Crying_Vegeta
July 1st, 2012, 10:58 PM
B+ would watch again

Tobias
July 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Anyone seen the new spiderman? If so, thoughts? I have tickets in an hour, so I am curious.

Lycodrake
July 3rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
Ffffff- no spoilers. D:

Char
July 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/6/22/NM8j4kfgfkqOutcEJ42rPw2.jpg

EDIT Lol didn't even notice this was posted like 3 posts ago, I feel stupid

Tobias
July 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
One sentence review: it was pretty good, but TBH, I thought it would be better.

DreamsRequiem
July 4th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Spiderman?

Elf
July 4th, 2012, 02:13 AM

Of course. Its missing both Sam Rami and Bruce Campbell.

Vigilantia
July 7th, 2012, 02:22 AM

That's what she sai.... (is shot)

Mcjon01
August 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hey guys, so how about that Avengers movie? You heard about this thing? Just came out, saw it, it was pretty cool.

TypeWannabe
August 26th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Now go see the ending to Asura's Wrath.

Mcjon01
August 26th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Even if I could find a youtube series chronicling the events in 1080p, it would lack the charm of getting to press buttons on my xbox controller while I watch it.

Elf
August 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Sooo, Joss Whedon signed a three year executive deal with Marvel including him helping them with other superhero movies, a TV show based in the Marvel-movie-verse for ABC, and, most importantly, Avengers 2.

Yeah bitches, Joss will be back.

TypeWannabe
August 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
1. Why are you using XBox? PS3 actually has games now, and its controller feels more comfortable in your hands.
2. For some of the button prompts in the ending, you're gonna wish you didn't have to push them. There is one part in particular I had no idea what the fuck I was doing.
3. 1080p isn't that different from 720p you hipster.

Mcjon01
August 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM
1. Because I refuse to update my PS3 and lose access to all my sweet sweet stolen Japanese games.
2. Excellent.
3. Nuh-uh, it has 360 more p.

TypeWannabe
August 26th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Ah, so basically to keep me from fanjaculating Asura all over the place. That's fair I guess, but remember, you already said you'd be back by Christmas time, so I'm pulling out all the stops come January.

Mcjon01
August 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I pretty much plan to download and play the DLC on Christmas Day lol. Family bonding what's that?

TypeWannabe
August 26th, 2012, 09:41 PM
You get all the bonding you need from that ending man. It's REALLY GOOD. I think I've said this before, but I'l' reiterate. That was the best 7 dollars I've ever spent, although my opinion of that might be colored somewhat because I absolutely love the game. I was ready to set Capcom on fire with everybody else when I heard the ending was DLC, but I genuinely think it was worth the spent money.