PDA

View Full Version : I write and publish my own electronic books now!

xm0123
October 17th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone. This is the doujin thread, and I guess my first ebook can be considered doujin, so I came here.

I'm not acting anonymously anymore. Why is that? Because I'm a self-published writer now!

There's a website out there called Smashwords. It's a place where you can upload ebooks and sell them for cash. The writer is also the publisher, and can control the content entirely: no publishing houses forcing you to censor or alter your content, you don't have to set your book to an arbitrary length, it's quicker and easier to publish there than to publish print books, it's cheaper for the customers, and ebooks are more eco-friendly than print books, too! I was always afraid of having to impress talent agents and publishers with my original works of fiction, but Smashwords has granted me an opportunity I just cannot ignore.

My Smashwords page can be found here (http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jonathancarreau). You can also find my Twitter, Facebook, and new Blogspot there too. (Though those are still under construction as of this writing.) I have exactly one ebook out now: a short story entitled The Virtual Maze. You can find more information about it through the link. You can read the first 30 percent of my ebook for free, and if you buy it (it's only 2 American dollars!), you can read the whole thing! Just . . . mind the cover. I didn't have time to hire a professional cover artist . . . hopefully, I'll fix that in the future. Later ebooks of mine will not be done by me; oh yes, this is only the first of many ebooks that are to come.

And I know some of you are inspiring writers too. If you're interested in self-publishing original books (they don't accept fanfics, sorry!), well, that's a good place to do it, if you're interested. You can publish non-fiction as well.

That's all I have to say. I have something to post elsewhere in the forum right now. Cheers!

Neir
October 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Congrats on getting out there!

Lianru
October 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Woah~ Congratulations~

Sherrinford
October 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Congratulations!

xm0123
October 17th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the congrats . . . even though I'm starting small. I've got a lot of ideas for ebooks though, even though it will take me several years to write them all out. Hopefully, I'll still be active on this messageboard whenever I put out a new book, so that I can tell you all!