PDA

View Full Version : What Wishes are For: A Magical Burst game [Sign up]

Pata Hikari
October 21st, 2011, 01:29 PM
What is Magical Burst?

Magical Burst is a PnP RPG for playing as pretty frilly magical girls.

It's based of Madoka, which should tell you the tone. In other words expect cute happy girls to slowly fall into despair.

Where can I get it?

Click here for the latest revision of the rules (http://yarukizero.wordpress.com/2011/07/17/magical-burst-3rd-draft/)

What should I do?

Post up your character sheet (Either use the one provided or just type it out) here. Note that this is a game meant for small groups, so 4 is the maximum number of players. Once enough people join and I think there's some ready stuff, we'll start nice and proper.

Wait, what about dice?

Use real dice, or this site. (http://www.roll-dice-online.com/)

Also, please be honest about your rolls. Or I might get mad.

So now what?

Read the bloody book and sign up.

SeiKeo
October 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Fuck it, why not, I'm in. I'll write up a sheet when I get home?

Yun
October 21st, 2011, 01:40 PM
I was sold by "based on Madoka" so sign me up and I'll get a sheet written up in a bit.

Pata Hikari
October 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention something.

Setting

For the sake of me not having to make up a dozen Japanese names, this game is set in America. So you don't have to make pretty frilly Japanese names (though you can if you want)

What's with the rolling charts?

The game encourages you to make your own character, but if you're strapped for ideas you can always use the tables for ideas or randomly generate a character.

Froggie
October 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm all over this. I'll read the guide book when I get home from work and get a sheet to you ASAP.

Froggie
October 21st, 2011, 02:08 PM
Also, I call dibs on being the red magical girl.

Ace
October 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
A magical girl RP? Yeah, you can count me in. I'll work on my profile later tonight after work.

Pata Hikari
October 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM
So LeopardBear, Yun, Froggie, and Ace have signed up. Good! That's four characters.

Once they post up the character sheet, we can make our Relationship Chart.

What's that?

To quote the rules:

Relationships are your emotional and social bonds to people around you. For magical girl maintaining relationships with normal people can be very difficult, but it's necessary in order to maintain some semblance of humanity and sanity.

You can try to keep track of relationships simply by writing words down, but the easiest thing is to have the group make a relationship map. If you’re playing face to face you can draw the map on a piece of paper, and if you’re playing online you can use the Drawing format in Google Documents or similar tools to have everyone draw on a shared space.

Once the character sheets are posted, each player in the order they signed up in, can submit a character to be added to the chart, Finally I will add my own characters to the chart. You submit their name, their relationship with your character (a teacher, a parent, that cute boy she has a crush on etc), and the nature of the relationship, based off the three Magical Stats, Heart, Magic, Fury. "Heart" would be normal human relationships, friendship, family, love, etc. "Magic" will any relationships with the world of the magical, odds are the four heroines of this tale will will a Magic relationship. "Fury" is stuff like rivalries. Or you can add a relationship to another Magical Girl. Note that the relationships is how the magical girl relates to him or her. It's entirely possible for the other half to have a different relationship. Let's say, for instance, that one girl treats the entire thing professionally, while the other sees the professional as a rival to beat. The professional one's relationship would be Magic, while the wannabe rival's relationship would be Fury.

Once each player and me cycle through this three times the chart will be complete! (For now)

This chart will be posted in the OP of the RP thread and will be updated as needed.

SeiKeo
October 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
So, just to be clear about this, you want the sheets posted here, not a PM, right?

Pata Hikari
October 21st, 2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah they're going to be public. Just post them here.

Katie
October 21st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hm...

Any room left for an interested person?

Pata Hikari
October 21st, 2011, 07:44 PM
Not really.

You can go on the reserve list if something happens to keep one of the others from playing though!

Froggie
October 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Just got done reading the rule book. Damn, so many numbers. Going to be hard keeping everything straight. On the other hand, the amount of work that has gone into this is staggering. Wow! Okay, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do. I'll see if I can cook up a character sheet quickly.

Pata Hikari
October 21st, 2011, 09:06 PM
There aren't a ton of numbers you need to worry about.

You just need to worry about the 7 numbers on your Character Sheet and then some six sided dice.

(I on the other hand...)

HitokiriNanaya
October 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
what the fuck I'm in

Froggie
October 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Being meguka is suffering. I just saw all the numbers and immediately went D:

Endless D:

Still, this sounds like a lot of fun. Already found a suitable face-claim and will write up a sheet in a few.

Pata Hikari
October 21st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Being meguka is suffering.

Magical Burst
Being meguca is suffering: The Game

Froggie
October 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
Will Brazilian Night show up? XD

Froggie
October 22nd, 2011, 12:43 AM
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/Lily.jpghttp://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/Lily1.jpg

Name: Lily Wright
Magical Girl Name: Magical Fencer Elegant Lily.

What kind of girl are you?
Elegant, quiet, and aloof, Lily goes through life like an untouchable princess. Her calm and cool exterior begets her few friends, though she has many admirers because of her soft-spoken and courteous demeanor. The polite and gracious exterior, however, hides a girl who is resentful and hateful. She detests those who try to approach her and envies those girls that are more popular than her. Publicly, she is considerate and proper. Privately, she is a detestable girl with nothing but contempt for those around her.

Lily is unhealthily obsessed with her older sister, Anna, whom she admires to the point of worship. Anna is a college student who exemplifies the cool elegance that Lily attempts to emulate, but does so with a flirtatious poise and grace that the younger sister has yet to master, while keeping a healthy circle of friends. Lily, however, hates them all with a cold fury for increasingly monopolizing her sister's time.

What is your wish?
Lily wants her sister's love and affection. Everyone else can go to hell for all she cares.

Normal Attributes:
Cool: 7
Sharp: 6
Aggro: 5
Social: 3

Magical Attributes:
Heart 9
Magic 5
Fury 4

Magical Element: Fire
Magical Power: Emotional Aura Perception
Magical Effect: Swift Action and Double Action
Magical Weapon: Sword (Rapier)

Finishing Attack: Elegant Frozen Flame - (Heart powered Precise Attack) - Lily calls forth a veritable inferno of fire, condensed, solidified and frozen in the form of a needle like blade that strikes with increased accuracy and damage compared to her normal fire based attacks.

Crisis: Anna, Lily's adored sister, has just announced that she has gotten engaged to her boyfriend of many years. For a moment, Lily's world seemed to freeze and stop. Now it has crumbled like shattering glass.

Froggie
October 22nd, 2011, 12:51 AM
Leo just corrected me that we should have two Magical Effects so, hm... I'll have to think on the extra effect a bit before I make a choice.

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 12:51 AM
Name: Leto Wright
Magical Girl Name: Melodic Echo 8th
Faceclaim:
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m492/LeopardBear/5ed4dc8985981670be524b080f272992.jpg

Personality: Hyperfocused, goal-oriented. Tends to absorb herself in her own projects, rather than muck about with social... stuff. Also tends to place people in 'relevant' or 'irrelevant' categories, almost entirely ignoring the latter. Has had friction with her parents over the past few years about her lack of interaction and esoteric interests.

Raison de contract: Because it sounded like an interesting break from what she viewed as an otherwise intensely dull daily life, and because it was a good thing worth doing.

Wish: Split between world-class musical skills and regaining her sight.

Crisis: Suddenly and unexpectedly going from normal to blind.

Cool: 7
Social: 3
Sharp: 6

Magic: 7
Heart: 5
Fury: 6

Magical Element: Sonics
Effect: Swift Action
Magical Power: Lightshow - Background Thunder. Yes, this does what you think it does.
Effect: Magic Boost

Magical Weapon: Axe-itar (Axe-Guitar)

Costume: A black tattered dress, with with large silver chains hanging from her sleeves and tied around her waist, a dark choker around her neck, and a blindfold because why not? Courtesy of Fashion God Pata.

Finishing Attack: Solo Crescendo. Barrage (T1). Leto throws out a wall of sound, typically taking the form of an ostentatious guitar solo, shaking targets within range to pieces.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
Two of four done! Yun and Ace should probably get a'postin.

I'd like to finish the Relationship chart by the end of tomorrow and hopefully start the game by Monday.

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 12:56 AM
Name: Lily Wright

Name: Leto Wright

O.o

Froggie
October 22nd, 2011, 12:56 AM
Apparently, in one ridiculously amazing coincidence, both Leo and I chose the same last name.

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 12:58 AM
And the first name starting with the same letter. And the same mundane stat distribution. What.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 12:58 AM
You are now cousins.

THIS IS CANON, SO SAYS THE GAME MASTER

Or not. Though it's a hilarious coincidence.

Neir
October 22nd, 2011, 12:59 AM
BROTHERS.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRROTHERS

Ace
October 22nd, 2011, 12:59 AM

I'd like to finish the Relationship chart by the end of tomorrow and hopefully start the game by Monday.

I'll try to get my profile done tomorrow.

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 01:00 AM
You are now cousins.

THIS IS CANON, SO SAYS THE GAME MASTER

Or not. Though it's a hilarious coincidence.

I say we run with it, Froggie. This is just too good.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 01:01 AM
BROTHERS.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRROTHERS

Terrible Secret of this game: WAR ECONOMY

Also Lily is voiced by Cam Clarke.

Yun
October 22nd, 2011, 01:01 AM

I'll have mine up after dinner.

Froggie
October 22nd, 2011, 01:06 AM
I say we run with it, Froggie. This is just too good.

Let's go with it!

Fangstrike
October 22nd, 2011, 04:37 AM
I'm definitely interested, but it sounds like there's already a full roster?

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately yes. This isn't really meant to be a large scale RPG.

Yun
October 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Name: Yuki Tomoko
Magical Girl Name: Mystic Guardian Yuki

Background:

Her earliest memory that she recalls is wearily leaning on her staff as she battles a creature surrounded by human remains and corpses similar to the creatures she fought, all of these are unrecognizable. This memory that has neither a proper introduction or context nor a resolution ending, it's the sole fragment of her lost memories that she possesses before she waking up in the hospital as one of the few people who survived the fire.

Everyone was ecstatic because she had been somehow clinging to life for several days and miraculously her health slowly improved but she had remained unconscious for nearly three weeks. After finding no brain damage to explain her apparent amnesia the doctors concluded it was a coping mechanism for dealing with whatever she had seen or experienced in the fire or buried under the rubble.

Several weeks after Yuki was released from the hospital her parents decided to move the family to her mother's native country(America) because they had both found jobs there at a local University. The following evening she met [Redacted](Is it fine for me to say the Tsukaima's name?) and learned that she was a Magical Girl and because she was the only available asset that could stop a nearby Youma preying on the locals. Yuki nearly disregarded the entire tale but [Redacted] felt familiar somehow like a old companion who'd you parted with wistfully hoping to meet against despite the unlikeliness of it occurring.

Therefore she had allowed herself to be led arriving at a place containing a Youma and repeating a chant as instructed transforming into a Magical Girl and subsequently defeating the Youma. Several days later she traveled to her new home wondering what her new school would be like and wondering if any of her classmates were Mahou Shoujo.

Personality:
Yuki is a cheerful and playful girl whose easygoing personality clashes with her younger brother's more goal orientated personality. This along with her athletic ability has made her socially popular. She also has a habit for looking after her friends, comrades and family. This habit also encompasses even complete strangers if they appear in need of assistance.

While on patrol or in battle her serious side comes out due to her desire to keep Youma from harming normal humans or fellow Magical Girls.

Reason forming a contract:
She doesn’t remember her reason.

Wish:
To regain her lost memories but protecting normals and other Magical Girls takes priority over her wish.

Magical Element: Water.
Magical Effect: Magic Boost(Power)
Magical Power: Healing.
Magical Effect: Magic Shield
Magical Weapon: Staff.

Costume:
Finishing Attacks:
Eternal Coffin(Power, Binding Attack): Yuki summons water around the target manipulating it while cooling it into ice encasing the target in a layer of Ice.

Base Resolve: 18
Crisis: Arriving in a new city and why can't she remember anything about herself?
Aggro: 3
Cool: 6
Social: 7
Sharp: 5

Magic: 9
Heart: 6
Fury: 3

Parents(Heart): Although she has lost the memories of the time she had spent with them Yuki found herself feeling like they really were her parents allowing her to deal with her lost memories more easily. They are worried about the personality clash between Yuki and her brother.

Brother(Fury): Most of the time they interact like normal siblings but occasionally her laid back personality and his more focused and serious personality clash resulting in a disagreement about something but despite this she cares about her brother and hopes that he feels the same way toward her.

Yoko Ono(Heart): Yuki's extremely cheerful, semi clingy and energetic distant 2nd cousin who upon their meeting declared them to be“Best Friends Forever” and started dragging her around.

Lily Wright(Probably Magic):

Leto Wright(Magic):

Cassie Blake(Magic):

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Yun, I'm pretty sure that we aren't supposed to be taking the advanced option.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, nobody is starting out with any real "experience"

Though the amnesia and first memory being fighting a Youma I like. Remove the "advancements" and I'll work with the rest

Basically remove the "fighting Youma the past four years" part. How about she just barely moved to America.

Also, for her power, I'd make it 1d6. Since base resolve is 18, 1d6+6 could mean she can go from nearly knocked out to 2/3 health. Just getting up to a third back feels more fair.

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
I'll try to get my profile done tomorrow.

Anyone want to start taking bets on how off this is going to be?

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
If it's Sunday and Ace still hasnt posted up a profile someone else interested will take his place.

Edit, or we'll start with 3 players, still good

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 05:08 PM
You know what screw it. Its Relationship Chart time.

Make three Npcs, their relationship to you, and the nature of that relationship. Finally, pick the nature of the other Magical girls relationships to you

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
So, question. Fury relationships are "rivalries or camaraderie that arise from battle." Do those have to be battle in particular or can they be relationships with a more general animosity?

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
Any sort of adversity. Though not hatred, if you hate someone, mechanically you don't have a relationship with them.

Yun
October 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah, nobody is starting out with any real "experience"

Though the amnesia and first memory being fighting a Youma I like. Remove the "advancements" and I'll work with the rest

Basically remove the "fighting Youma the past four years" part. How about she just barely moved to America.

Also, for her power, I'd make it 1d6. Since base resolve is 18, 1d6+6 could mean she can go from nearly knocked out to 2/3 health. Just getting up to a third back feels more fair.
Fair enough I'll go edit the character sheet then.

You know what screw it. Its Relationship Chart time.

Make three Npcs, their relationship to you, and the nature of that relationship. Finally, pick the nature of the other Magical girls relationships to you
I'll get working on those than.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Oh, yu don't need to stat them out or anything, if that's what you're worried about. Just their names and relationship stuff

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Leto Wright: Relationships

The Wright Parents (Fury): Good ol mum and paw. Well, not so good. Leto's parents worry quite a lot about her general lack of social life, her introversion, and other parental worries. As she gets solid marks in school and even manages to hold down a part-time job, they don't have much substance to complain about, but, the tension still remains. However, deep down, they're still parents and child.

Archangel (Heart): The proverbial Garage Band of the area, Archangel contains some of the few people Leto actually feels comfortable around. Mainly because they understand her strange obsessiveness and social attitudes, having pretty much the same ones. Regardless, she likes them.

Steve (Heart): Steve is Leto's boss at the local music shot, where she holds down the fort on weekends, and the occasional afternoon. On Steve's part, he's happy that he has a cute, young, musically talented girl working there: it brings in customers, and she does good work. She's happy to have some income to support her hobbies, and that she can play absurdly expensive guitars when nobody's looking. It's a wonderful relationship. They actually like each other, as well.

Lily Wright (Heart): Leto's younger cousin. Quite friendly when they were younger, but as they got older, they grew different interests, and saw each other less often: now, they say hi over birthdays and once a month when their fathers meet. Leto doesn't really get what Lily's deal with her older sister is: what's so great about her?

Yuki (Magic): Not sure how this relationship works; I don't think we've met IC?

Acesu's PC: Placeholder

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Youll meet right away in the first episode.

All very nice, I like how the parents are a Fury relationship

Ace
October 22nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Name: Hooters McBoobs
Magical Girl Name: Magical Lust Slutty Whore

Faceclaim: Random blonde slut.

Personality: Sex.

What convinced you to make a contract?: She thought she would be able to attract boys with magical girl fetishes.

What is your wish?: Sex

Crisis: Not enough sex.

Cool: 6
Social: 7
Sharp: 3

Magic: 3
Heart: 9
Fury: 6

Magical Element: Lust
Effect: Sex everywhere
Magical Power: Penis magnetism
Effect: Causes penises to automatically come to her.

Magical Weapon: Boobs

Costume: Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Finishing Attack: BLOW JOB.

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone want to start taking bets on how off this is going to be?

Well, I guess I was wrong?

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 09:32 PM
No.

Ace.

That is... I... Just...

No.

That's a joke, right.

xelloss
October 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, Pata. All I see is a very serious, reasonable character.

Ace
October 22nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Joke? I spent several hours working on that slut beauty.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
So I guess we're starting with three players. Once Yun and Froggie give their contributions to the Relationship Chart I'll set up the main thread.

Ace
October 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Fine, fine, you can have this lesser concept.

Name: Cassie Blake
Magical Girl Name: Magic Rock Shooter
Faceclaim:

http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/normal_arima_senka_coat.jpg

Personality:Cassie is a quiet individual who is typically beneath everyone's radar. Most people at least. Cassie has made befriending the friendless her personal crusade. She takes it very seriously and refuses to give up on it no matter what.

Her crusade began shortly after her best friend committed suicide.

What convinced you to make a contract?: She believes that a youma was the cause for her friend's death and wants revenge.

What is your wish?: To destroy all youma.

Crisis: One of her friends is determined to find out about Cassie's magic life.

Aggro:5
Cool: 3
Social:6
Sharp: 7

Magic: 6
Heart: 9
Fury: 3

Magical Element: Magnetism
Effect: Magic Strike
Magical Power: Mechanical Intuition [makes the user extremely adept in the field of device construction and understanding.]
Effect: Magic Boost

Magical Weapon: Guns

Costume: A black cape with yellow edges, white gloves with meta plates, yellow miniskirt, white blouse, long black stockings, and yellow ribbons that keep her twintails up.

Finishing Attack: Shooting Stars - Using her magnetism, she increases the speed her bullets are fired at. A yellowed coloured streak trails behind the bullet.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Four people, hooray!

OK Ace, now set up three people your Mahou Shoujo has a relationship with and then nature of it.

xelloss
October 22nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
Pfft.

BORING.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 10:36 PM
As the GM Yun and Ace are making me cackle with glee.

So much fun will be had.

I don't think Cassie and Yuki will find it very fun though

SeiKeo
October 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Hear that? That's the sound of you tearing your sheet in half because you need to make a new one.

Ace
October 22nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Pfft.

BORING.

What's a RPer gonna do? ;____;

As the GM Yun and Ace are making me cackle with glee.

So much fun will be had.

I don't think Cassie and Yuki will find it very fun though

The nice characters always get hit the hardest.

Pata Hikari
October 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
RPers gunna RP

SeiKeo
October 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Reminder post pour prevention of premature RP demise.

Yun
October 23rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Original character post has updated with relationships, stat reworking and character background expansion so please tell me if anything requires editing or reworking.

Pata Hikari
October 24th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Very good.

GM APPROVES

Froggie
October 24th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I'll post relationships either during my lunch break today or in the evening when I get back home from work.

Ace
October 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cassie Blake's relationships:

Cassie's Parents (Heart): Although Cassie's parents are distant and often busy with work, there is no doubt that there is love between them and her. They believe wholeheartedly in off hand parenting and encourage Cassie to solve problems by herself. They are willing to offer advice when Cassie does come to them, usually to her father.

Amanda Fielding (Heart): Cassie's friend. Amanda is extremely energetic but has problems understanding other people's feelings. Cassie and Amanda are polar opposites but despite this they get along very well. Opposites attract after all. Amanda is also curious and determined person. Lately she has noticed Cassie has been acting strangely and will not stop until she uncovers the truth.

Sean Pierce (Fury): Sean and Cassie's relationship is complicated. They can barely spend ten minutes with each other without bickering about something. Most of the time their bickering is friendly but sometimes lead to arguments. They met when Sean who is competitive by nature began trying to beat Cassie's test scores. Despite their friendship the rivalry between them hasn't diminished in the slightest.

Lily Wright (Magic):

Leto Wright (Magic)

Yuki Tomoko(Magic):

Pata Hikari
October 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Excellent.

Sean is Fury, as I don't think a relationship can be two types.

Plus, lacking a relationship of a type is probably a bad thing if (when) Fallout happens.

Ace
October 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Okay, edited.

Pata Hikari
October 24th, 2011, 04:01 PM
No need, it's already on...

THE RELATIONSHIP CHART.

As seen here. (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1ZG7Mtv_U0SjDpY_0ElTMyCp4B24ldILVrYFw4lpqTj4/edit?hl=en_US)

SeiKeo
October 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Ooooh, purdy.

Pata Hikari
October 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
In hindsight I think I'm going to have to rearrange everything.

SeiKeo
October 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM
D:

Pata Hikari
October 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Just that having the four girls in separate corners means linking up new relationships would be.. difficult.

Froggie
October 25th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I ran into a few snags writing for another RP last night and the relationship chart got delayed. Will get it done today during my lunch hour.

Pata Hikari
October 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM
You're hurting me here Froggie. :(

Froggie
October 25th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Sorry, sorry. I'm working on it. So, how would a "I say polite platitudes to their face but secretly dislike/hate them" relationship be classified as?

Pata Hikari
October 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
If you hate them it's not a relationship, in game terms.

Ultimately the relationships are positive things, hate isn't positive.

After all, if the heroine doesn't care about the character how will she be utterly devastated when terrible things happen to them? :P

Froggie
October 25th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Huh. Ok. Guess I'll have to approach this a bit differently then.

Pata Hikari
October 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I'm guessing the "Hate" guy is the fiance of Lilly's older sister?

Froggie
October 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM
That was one, yes, but considering that Lily is pretty much a two-faced bitch, most of her relationships are only polite for appearances sake... So now I have to make up some other people that she tolerates/likes aside from her sister.

Pata Hikari
October 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Huh.

I guess that's a little complected.

Well, I guess since the nature of the character, I'll let you use Fury for characters she "gets along with" because otherwise the character concept doesn't work.

GM FIAT GO.

Froggie
October 25th, 2011, 02:33 PM
OURS IS THE FURY!!

Froggie
October 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Lily Wright Relationships

The Wright Parents (Fury): Doting parents through and through, their spoiling of their youngest daughter might be the reason why she turned out to be the way she is. She loved their gifts and attentions as a child but has, as of late, becoming increasingly irritated by their almost suffocating presence. Lily might not outright use the word "hate" to describe her relationship with her parents, but their stifling presence is a constant annoyance. She bickers with them often in recent months and they still wont leave her alone...

Anna Wright (Heart): Lily is obsessed with her sister. She worships the ground she walks on, attempts to imitate her behavior and manner, and is dreadfully jealous and clingy of the time she spends with her. Anna is everything Lily aspires to be and more. She takes great care to never appear as anything more than a polite and kindly girl before her as she cannot contemplate the idea of her beloved sister becoming disappointed with her. If it could only be her and her sister, Lily's ideal world would truly be realized...

Helena Bradley (Fury): Helena is the newest star of the fencing class the Lily attends after school. Casual observers might consider their relationship to be something of a friendly rivalry, with each girl pushing the other to work harder during class and sharing friendly chats at the ice-cream parlor across the street once lessons are done. Helena herself is an honest and friendly girl, upbeat and cheerful. Lily, however, only acts friendly in the hopes of digging something up to humiliate the other girl with. After all, since she can’t beat her on the fencing floor, she’ll just have to do it elsewhere. However, she does honestly enjoy their matches...

Leto Wright (Heart): While they were close playmates when they were children, over the course of the years they have drifted apart. She does not actively dislike her cousin and still remains polite and moderately friendly whenever the two chance to meet, but there's simply no way the drab, boring and music obsessed Leto could ever compare to the elegance and magnificence of Anna.

Yuki Tomoko (Magic):

Cassie Blake (Magic):

Pata Hikari
October 26th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Hooray!

The game will begin tomorrow now!

SeiKeo
October 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM
\o/

Froggie
October 26th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Hooray!

The game will begin tomorrow now!

<<Leaving on a business trip tomorrow :(

I'll try to post while on my phone but I'll probably be rather slow...

Erlkonig
October 26th, 2011, 08:03 PM
At this rate, Leo's going to go buy an engagement ring.

Pata Hikari
October 26th, 2011, 08:06 PM
What?

Ace
October 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM
You are the GM Leo has been looking for Pata. One who can match his posting speed.

Pata Hikari
October 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Ohhh...

Well, feel free to join in at any time!

Froggie
October 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Phone crapping out :( first time it loads BL all evening ;__;

Ace
October 26th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Ohhh...

Well, feel free to join in at any time!

Rain check? As in, tomorrow?

No, I'm not procrastinating whatsoever!

SeiKeo
October 26th, 2011, 10:09 PM
So Pata, are we all going to be meeting up at night?

Pata Hikari
October 26th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Yes. This meeting will have the four girls meet and fight the first Youma. In other words, we now need to wait for the other three. :p

SeiKeo
October 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Right-o. I should hold up on ze post then, no?

Pata Hikari
October 26th, 2011, 10:13 PM
You can post her reaction and decision to go, but the meeting will first be set up by me in a communal scene once everybody's intro is done.

Once that's set up, the real fun begins.

SeiKeo
October 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
l' probably lump that in with the meeting post.

Pata Hikari
October 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Very well.

Froggie
October 26th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Nnnn. This just came at a really bad time for me and my phone is NOT cooperating.

RAGE

Pata Hikari
October 27th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing.

All four girls go to St. Jeanne's School For Girls, a private all girl's catholic school

Because the genre demands school uniforms.

SeiKeo
October 27th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Ooooh, Catholic School ​ya say?

Pata Hikari
October 27th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Indeed.

There will be an Anime!Nun

Ace
October 27th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Miniskirt for everyone! Stockings optional!

SeiKeo
October 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM

Yuri tiem? Yuri tiem.

Pata Hikari
October 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Please don't roleplay yuri encounters it would be the most awkward thing

SeiKeo
October 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Don't roleplay, ​you say?

Pata Hikari
October 27th, 2011, 07:38 PM

What foolishness is this.

It's miniskirts with kneesocks.

Zeranion
October 28th, 2011, 01:05 AM
*beats head on desk* TOO LATE!!!! *cries in a corner*

In all seriousness, this is too bad for me. I've been wanting to do a Magical Burst RPG, but the Walpurgisnacth RP we had going shut down T_T

Can I please be put on the reserve list?

Pata Hikari
October 28th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Only if you cosplay as Sakuya Izayoi and serve me tea!

OK I'll put you on the reserve list.

Zeranion
October 28th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Only if you cosplay as Sakuya Izayoi and serve me tea!

If that is the price I must pay... *goes to find maid outfit and wig*

OK I'll put you on the reserve list.

Thank You.

Erlkonig
October 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
YUN POSTED ONE DAY AFTER THE OTHER

SHUT

DOWN

EVERYTHING

SeiKeo
October 28th, 2011, 03:38 PM
MR GM

What?

Ace and Yun posted!

START

POSTING

EVERYWHERE

Froggie
October 28th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Baaaaaw! I wanna go home!!

Ace
October 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Don't worry Froggie! It'll be over soon! ........ Right?

Pata Hikari
October 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM
YUN POSTED ONE DAY AFTER THE OTHER

SHUT

DOWN

EVERYTHING

Wait... is Yun really this slow?

Because when fighting starts I really like people to post fast because otherwise it'll take forever.

Erlkonig
October 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Wait... is Yun really this slow?

Because when fighting starts I really like people to post fast because otherwise it'll take forever.

You have no idea who you're messing with here Pata.

Pata Hikari
October 28th, 2011, 04:55 PM
That's... not good.

I mean, there will be at least one fight per "episode"

This means that each player will make their rolls per round, which means that all four need to post.

That's just one round, if he can't do more then a post a day then combat would take ages. Big dramatic fights would slow the (Already slow paced by it's PbP nature) game to a crawl.

Froggie
October 29th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Back from business trip. Let's celebrate with an IC post!

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/anna_and_lily.jpg

Pata Hikari
October 30th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I approve of Yandere Little Sister Lilly

SeiKeo
October 30th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Does anyone not?

Froggie
October 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
*shrugs* I like making quirky characters :)

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 11:31 AM
The stage is nearly set. I'll need a time when all four of you can post regularly enough for the first fight! (About an hour or so should do)

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 11:32 AM
I am probably free all of this afternoon, I'll get back to you on the exact time.

Froggie
October 31st, 2011, 11:40 AM
The lying, two-faced little bitch is hetting easier to write =x

I can't guarantee a single day when I might be able to post constantly, due to work and other factors. Just pick a day and I'll try my best.

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 11:42 AM
It's just one hour, and I'd like it to be today, but if all four can't make it we'll try tomorrow.

The lying, two-faced little bitch is hetting easier to write =x

She's fun.

Fun game, try and figure out what vital information Hitomi is leaving out! :D

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Right-o, I'll be free from about 4:30 to dinner, and then the rest of the night today, US Mountain time.

Froggie
October 31st, 2011, 12:08 PM
She's fun.

Best compliment I could hope for :)

Ace
October 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hmm, I think I have time for a battle at about 5.

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Do you think you can be available at 8 EST?

Because that's when everybody else seems to have time.

Ace
October 31st, 2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah I can, I might be a little slower since I'm giving out candy for Halloween.

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 04:58 PM
A noble task.

OK folks, at 8 EST combat will start.

Or at least around that time, once Froggie makes the finishing touches on Yandere Imouto Lilly-chan's intro. :P

Froggie
October 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM
Stll at work. Busy and no time to write.

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM
I figured that (I'm at work too)

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 05:30 PM
A BL at work is fine too.

Ace
October 31st, 2011, 07:57 PM
So for our battle, we'll have a posting order right...?

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 07:58 PM
Ah, feh, I'll probably be occupied in about 45-hour, and then for a few hours after that.

Yun
October 31st, 2011, 08:27 PM
So for our battle, we'll have a posting order right...?
I believe that would be determined by initiative,
Initiative
At the start of each round, each participating character selects one attribute to use for attacking, another to use for defend-ing. (You cannot use the same attribute for both.) Whatever attribute is left over is your “support” attribute.

Ah, feh, I'll probably be occupied in about 45-hour, and then for a few hours after that.
So what time are you free than later tonight?

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Anytime after that? Most likely in... should be done at 8:30, I hope at the absolute longest?

Yun
October 31st, 2011, 08:34 PM
Anytime after that? Most likely in... should be done at 8:30, I hope at the absolute longest?
8:30 Mountain Time correct?(10:30 Eastern Time) That should work for me.

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 08:36 PM
I mean, I really should be done earlier, but that's the longest it should run.

Froggie
October 31st, 2011, 08:37 PM
10:30 EST is the time I'm heading to bed usually =X

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 08:38 PM
Like I said, absolute latest.

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 09:19 PM
OK, now that my moment of stupidity as passed. Basically at the start of each round of combat you pick the stat you want to attack with, this determines initiative and posting order. (The one with the highest initiative posts first).

If you want to change which stat you use to attack with, post it in this thread and I'll recalculate initiative.

Yun
October 31st, 2011, 09:25 PM
OK, now that my moment of stupidity as passed. Basically at the start of each round of combat you pick the stat you want to attack with, this determines initiative and posting order. (The one with the highest initiative posts first).

If you want to change which stat you use to attack with, post it in this thread and I'll recalculate initiative.
I'm just double checking but we can still swap any of the stats around at the start of a new round correct?

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, if you want to do so post here.

Now, to make things easy, here's a SAMPLE COMBAT POST

"Now, you wicked brother lusting demon!" Phantasmoon swung her staff of love and justice, attacking the evil demon Akiha!

Roll Result= 4+9

9 would be Phantasmoons heart stat.

Yun
October 31st, 2011, 09:48 PM
K and since were on the topic of combat attacking with a magical element or power falls under the Sorcery move correct?

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Yes, if you want to make an action or use your special attack announce it in the post.

Froggie
October 31st, 2011, 10:22 PM
So, one more reply and ready? Or are we good to go as is?

Ace
October 31st, 2011, 10:24 PM
Er, I have to go to bed right now. Can we do the fight tomorrow instead?

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 10:25 PM
One more, then well move to the meeting. The four girls will interact a little, and Hitomi will then begin her ilustrious trolling carrer.

Er, I have to go to bed right now. Can we do the fight tomorrow instead? sure, fine. It's mainly my fault for messing up the time.

Froggie
October 31st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Now I feel bad for rushing those posts and STILL not making it in time :(

One more, then well move to the meeting. The four girls will interact a little, and Hitomi will then begin her ilustrious trolling carrer.

sure, fine. It's mainly my fault for messing up the time.

Okay, this one I won't rush.

Pata Hikari
October 31st, 2011, 10:32 PM
It's mainly my fault. :p

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 11:58 PM
Okay, posted so that I segway into the meeting.

Froggie
November 1st, 2011, 11:29 AM
I'll save you Meguka, err... I'll save you Annie!

She's fun to write and I'm finally caught up to everyone else! :D

Pata Hikari
November 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
I laughed at her utter freak out.

Froggie
November 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Writing that particular bit was a strange mixture of cute, funny, and creepy.

Froggie
November 2nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
So, we each post our arrival now, correct? From there, combat, I'm assuming. Do we have a new date set for that?

Pata Hikari
November 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Arrival and letting teh girls chat up with a bit.

Froggie
November 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Arrival and letting teh girls chat up with a bit. Everyone! Let's be good friends! *smiles innocently*

SeiKeo
November 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
I swear to god Froggie if you backstab me

Froggie
November 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
I swear to god Froggie if you backstab me *gasp* Who? Me?! Impossible! I'm nice and sweet!

Pata Hikari
November 2nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Don't worry, there will be absolutely nothing set up to provide conflict and arguing between the four girls!

*whistles innocently*

SeiKeo
November 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Sometimes, I don't think there's a GM on BL who isn't a troll GM.

Froggie
November 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
It's a Madoka based RP.

What did you.expect? Sunshine and rainbows?

SeiKeo
November 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
I expected cake and cheese.

Pata Hikari
November 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
There will be cake.

Froggie
November 2nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Lies.

SeiKeo
November 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Lies.

EDIT: ...

Pata Hikari
November 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Both of you get a penalty.

Froggie
November 2nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
;_;

SeiKeo
November 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
You... you.... you set us up! You... GM you!

Pata Hikari
November 2nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2lwswhy.png

Yun
November 2nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
So do we have a new date for the first combat? I'm available for most of today, tomorrow won't work unless everyone wants to start at 10:00 PM EST but I'm pretty much free for Friday and the weekend.

Froggie
November 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
MAGICAL GIRLS REPRESENT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDngUO8pEg

Pata Hikari
November 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
WHY IS NOBODY POSTING THEM GOING INTO THE PARK.

SeiKeo
November 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Oh, we can do that, sweet, I'll get on that today.

SeiKeo
November 6th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Shameless bump.

Froggie
November 6th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Gah, so much stuff to update. I need more hours in the day.

Yun
November 7th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Intro post is up and apologies about short length/poor quality, sigh migraine.

Froggie
November 7th, 2011, 07:51 PM
There we go. Made a little post while at work :)

SeiKeo
November 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Lily

Froggie
November 8th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I'm having way too much fun with her :D

Tough to write on my phone while driving. I'll edit in a line about Cassie and Yuuki both looking so plain in comparison to Anna when I get home.

Because her world revolves around her sister, after all.

SeiKeo
November 10th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Acesu, Yun, I believe that you art up~

Froggie
November 10th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Aaaaaaaace!

Yuuuuuuuun!

D:<

Ace
November 10th, 2011, 11:36 PM
There, there. Calm yourselves, ask and you shall receive.

Pata Hikari
November 21st, 2011, 09:58 AM
I am very disappointed in you all.

Froggie
November 21st, 2011, 10:04 AM
Pata! I don't know about the rest, but I was waiting on you! Introductions are done and I was just waiting for you to moe the scene ahead with an explanation or something...

SeiKeo
November 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Same, I thought you were up?

Erlkonig
November 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
DRAMA

EDIT: Holy shit Leo 16000 posts?

SeiKeo
November 21st, 2011, 01:15 PM
....holy shit. How.

Pata Hikari
November 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Same, I thought you were up?

I... I wanted you all to RP for a bit before I jumped in...

I...

NOOOOO I'M A BAD GM ;_;

SeiKeo
November 22nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Nah, nah, don't worry. Bad GMing is me when I forget to put players on the player list 3 times in a row.

Froggie
November 28th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Pata, update whar? ;____;

SeiKeo
November 28th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Fukkin whar.

SeiKeo
December 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'LL SAVE YOU MEGUCA

Froggie
December 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
PAAAATAAAAAAAAA!!

SeiKeo
December 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
​PAAAAATTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SeiKeo
December 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM
PAAAAATTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ace
December 13th, 2011, 10:54 AM
So Pata... are you getting murdered by exams right now?