PDA

View Full Version : Dead Men Walking IC Thread



Mormarth
October 30th, 2011, 01:00 AM
In the early 21st century, in a country formerly known as the United States, the highways are quiet, the cities are filled with the howls of the dead. Incomprehensibly strong things wander the wastes, always hungering in towns long gone silent. Massive hordes wander, constantly dying, and then more are born.


The dead did not run forth unopposed, entire cities were annihilated in efforts to starve the hordes, it by-passed these measures, the dead grew stronger, or faster, or sometimes smarter. It evolved, thought, calculated and eventually overran the bastions of humanity.


Not all is lost however, humanity is a stubborn beast, unwilling to die when killed. Some fled north, to the lands of ice, digging in and holding on with their fingertips. Others held on in fortified military bases, defiant to the end. Most wander the ruins of their former country.


You are one of these people, you used to be an ordinary person, with an ordinary life. Then the world came groaning in the front gate. You ran, fleeing for your life, taking a weapon, it might be useful, it might not. Your goal is to last as long as possible, you've managed to survive 4 months, hopefully, you might even get out of this, die a quiet death in your bed. Until then, you are all:


DEAD MEN WALKING




You met up with a group of people like you, survivors, wanderers, in a smallish town in Colorado. It's just small enough to avoid attracting the vast hordes, although a 'small' group has infested the former shopping mall, then spreading out from there. You've held up in a small base, although, due to either lack of supplies, or other reasons. You have to move on soon, so, where will you go? Where will your walking take you, dead men?


???
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado

He used to be alive, although, he supposed, in the strictest sense of the word, he still was. He felt as though this settlement would harbor some individuals of some interest, some, he pondered with a rush though his veins (Which was a metaphor to be precise, his veins had congealed with blood long ago) and he adjusted his monocle, straightened his suit, which still had dirt on it, after all of these years. He massaged his jaw for a moment, not wanting to lose something, as that would be rather unseemly, then opened it, “Ah, what a glorious day it is, to feel the dead earth beneath mine feet, as the stagnant wind blows through dry hair. I do hope some of those in yonder town are worthy of a bout, or I shall be most disappointed, indeed.”


Then, a brief tensing of the legs, and a quick step forwards, and the being the Military knew as “Gentlezombie” roared over the hills, towards the town.

(Conditions)

(Who's on what team are in the OOC thread.)

TEAM 1: Situation: Pretty darn good, running water and heating, however, some are getting anxious.

TEAM 2: walls of a store, vending machines of metal to place on doorways, as well as chairs and closets, store's empty, time to move on.

TEAM 3: walls of wood, furniture and the like, need to find a place more easily defensible

TEAM 4: REALLY FAWKING GOOD, ENTRENCHED DEEPLY, BUT LOW ON SUPPLIES

zlol365
October 30th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Johnny Valdez
6:00am
Williamette, Colorado

He was silent as usual. Looking out of the house's window with his sniper rifle, alert for any possible intrusion by the dead. Instinct of fighting against the zombies told him that to let his guard off for a single moment would not be good. He looked at the people he had found and together they had formed a 'group', to increase their chances of survival...

But would they? Thoughts of the past where he witnessed his own comrades die one by one under the zombies... He closed his eyes for the moment and thought, Never again. I'll do my best... History cannot repeat.

And so he kept his vigil watch from the window. He knew of the anxious thoughts that some of them were having. it was natural. But he hoped they would fight it long enough to get to an actual safe haven.....

SeiKeo
October 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Teimei Terakawa
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

Teimei looked around the fortified store. Well, if you could call it a fortification. Vending machines placed across the doors and sheet metal nailed across the windows made it pretty zombie-proof... against your occasional groups. If a horde ever got it in their head to run screaming at them, they were pretty screwed. She'd take it, normally. But, they were out. The store's supplies had been exhausted by a week of boarding up in it with three other survivors. There wasn't much there anyways: mostly looked. She was surprised they managed to make it last that long anyways. So, they were empty. And because of that, they had to get going.

She hauled herself off the floor where she had been resting, absently gazing at the ceiling. Leaving Henry leaning against the wall, she turned to the rest of their motley crew. "So gang, we're outta stuff. This means we gotta go somewhere: and not just another supply stop - I think we need to make it to real safety. As I see it, we got a few options. We can make west, to, say, Salt Lake, where we then go for Tacoma or Cali to find a boat or base of some kind. South, see if Texas has anything interesting. Or east, to Chicago and onwards to the east coast. Ideas?"

OOC: For reference, Team 2's profiles.

Racin: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1172-Dead-Men-Walking-(A-Zombie-Apocalypse-RP)?p=417583&viewfull=1#post417583

A (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1172-Dead-Men-Walking-(A-Zombie-Apocalypse-RP)?p=417583&viewfull=1#post417583)iren: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1172-Dead-Men-Walking-(A-Zombie-Apocalypse-RP)?p=418726&viewfull=1#post418726

M (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1172-Dead-Men-Walking-(A-Zombie-Apocalypse-RP)?p=418726&viewfull=1#post418726)e: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1172-Dead-Men-Walking-(A-Zombie-Apocalypse-RP)?p=419172&viewfull=1#post419172

X (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1172-Dead-Men-Walking-(A-Zombie-Apocalypse-RP)?p=419172&viewfull=1#post419172)elloss: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1172-Dead-Men-Walking-(A-Zombie-Apocalypse-RP)?p=415684&viewfull=1#post415684

Blackdeath6031
October 30th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:00am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

What is this? All these crazy shit happening all of a sudden?!
Random things shuffling them feets and going all 'UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH'?
What're they? Zombies?!

Ha, yeah right. Zombies don't exist.
They only exist in games!
Y-Y-Yeah! Games!
Like Magic!
....And how they....

DO NOT DIE

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

No, no, no, no....
Think something else...
Y-Y-Yeah! Like Metal Slug! And their mummies!
....
... ... ...
Crap, I feel like vomiting now...

RacingeR
October 30th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

As Teimei spoke, a figure that had been 'resting' a bit away from the rest of the team moved, blood red hair cascading behind her as she made her way towards the girl. The pale-skinned Goth was wearing, along with her normal attire, two black sheaths, containing her swords, that so many zombies had slain.

Her emerald eyes observed the base, from the shoddy fortifications, that had barely managed to held the last group out, to the empty 'storage' space. There were some more seconds of somewhat uncomfortable silence before she spoke. "I agree with Teimei's assessment. This base is not going to hold out for another week anyway." Her cold voice sounded above the silence. "If we are aiming for safety, I think that a boat in the middle of the ocean, to some island, is our best bet. If not, we should try to move towards a military base somewhere near us. In any case, my vote goes for going towards the west."

Having said that, Liz started packing the scarce supplies they still had in a bag. As far as she was concerned, if they were to move, the earlier the better.

zlol365
October 30th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:00am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck
oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

What is this? All these crazy shit happening all of a sudden?!
Random things shuffling them feets and going all 'UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH'?
What're they? Zombies?!

Ha, yeah right. Zombies don't exist.
They only exist in games!
Y-Y-Yeah! Games!
Like Magic!
....And how they....

DO NOT DIE

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

No, no, no, no....
Think something else...
Y-Y-Yeah! Like Metal Slug! And their mummies!
....
... ... ...
Crap, I feel like vomiting now...

Johnny Valdez
6:00am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

The silent sniper turned around when he felt a certain disturbance. The boy, ah yes.... He was not used to it over the past week... Zombies. He certainly was not prepared well for all this. Not very combat-seasoned or prepared for the possibility of death. Sighing, he picked up his canteen of water and walked up to the boy.

Patting the boy's shoulder for the moment, he passed his water canteen and then said, "Should calm your nerves."

And as silently has he had approached, he moved back to his watch-out spot.

Blackdeath6031
October 30th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:00 am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

Tony had to respect the guy. How in the world could he be so calm and composed despite the...unnatural condition the city is in?

"T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-thanks....very much-ch-ch-ch-ch -ah"
But when he tried to express his gratitude to the man, his teeth chattered, forcing his words into stammer.
Then he bit his tongue.

Ah well, he thought whilst cradling the fleshy organ and opening the canteen.
I guess we could just try and see if drinking this helps...

Helias
October 30th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Francis Chauvet
Williamette, Colorado
6:00 am

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Francis was, once again, sound asleep, instead of patrolling the area like he was supposed to be doing. It wasn't like he ever cared. He was always best hiding up in a big tower, taking potshots at zombies. Trying to get him to patrol the area in the nighttime or early morning, where there was always the slight possibility that he would be attacked, was just plain stupid.

Of course, he decided that it would be best to just stay up in his watch-post and look around from there. Of course, he fell asleep as soon as he sat down in the chair. It's amazing that nobody noticed that he always dozes off when he's supposed to patrol.

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

It was about this time when fate decided that he was done sleeping for the day. The chair he was sitting in, which wasn't even in good enough shape to be called a chair, finally broke, and Francis came crashing to the floor.

"Ow! What the fuck?" he angrily shouted out to the air. After a few seconds, he got up off the floor, and yawned.

He took a quick observation of his surroundings. "Oh, hey, it's morning. Guess I'm done patrolling," he spoke, as he yawned once more. I wonder if anyone else is awake, he thought to himself as he exited the watch-point.

Ivan The Mouse
October 30th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais ng madaling araw. (6:00 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

"Ama namin, sumasalangit ka, sambahin ang ngalan mo, mapasaamin ang kaharihan mo..." (Our father, who art in heaven, holy be thy name, thy kingdom come...)

The Lord's Prayer after I wake up. That's what I've learned to pray for the past 4 months, because The Apostles' Creed isn't relevant in here anymore, in this place where our enemies are the hollowed shells of men who have been infected by some sort of virus or magic or I don't give a fuck what is it anymore. The thing is, I didn't come to America for this. I have a wife and daughter back home, for God's sake. I came to the States to give my daughter the life we never had as children back in the country. Sure, I never even finished my college studies due to our lack of funds but I remember what my father said, that in the end, with or without diploma, it is all a matter of skill and diskarte, as they say.

And now here it is, the ultimate test of my diskarte. See, we are fighting zombies here, things I've used to considered as only existing in video games or corny horror movies, and it doesn't care if you are educated or not. If you will be a zombie, you can't reason your way out of it. It will eat any semblance of reason from you. Good thing I did not give two shits about logic or philosophy, because you can't argue with a zombie. You need to shoot it. And I need to get out of here, go back to the Philippines and tell my little girl and wife what I saw in the States...That is, if my country isn't overrun by zombies yet.

After praying vigorously, I reach for my bag and get my family's picture again to look at it. They are the reason that I must survive, and the reason I want get the fuck out of here. I'm pretty sure that the Filipinos won't go down against the zombie virus like that. I know that they are crafty and skillful, even if our fucking government banned possessing a gun for civilians and used the guns to build the politicians' private armies instead. One of the good things I've got from America is that I could have my own gun and they won't treat you like a freak, unlike in my country.

I just hope that this gun will help me get out of here. Diyos ko. (My God.)

zlol365
October 30th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:00 am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

Tony had to respect the guy. How in the world could he be so calm and composed despite the...unnatural condition the city is in?

"T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-thanks....very much-ch-ch-ch-ch -ah"
But when he tried to express his gratitude to the man, his teeth chattered, forcing his words into stammer.
Then he bit his tongue.

Ah well, he thought whilst cradling the fleshy organ and opening the canteen.
I guess we could just try and see if drinking this helps...

Johnny Valdez
6:00am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

Johnny immediately said to the boy behind, "Its better not to think much about the situation at hand and thinking more of survival. No matter how much we think about the zombies, it will not help you survive. Its better to always accept death than anything. After all, it maybe better to just die than to struggle in this hellhole. Maybe that will set you at ease."

And he turned away from the window and leaned against the wall. He was tired if anything, and wanted his rest very badly. However, the others were not awake.

xelloss
October 30th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Kariya Matou
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

The third person in the group looked up, having been lost in thought. He wore a grey hoodie with white stripes and had a combat shotgun on his back that he had collected from a deceased and shambling neighbor in the early days of the infection.

Before saying anything, he took a quick look around at the store. “I have to agree with Elizabeth. We could reach the coast going west as well, and it wouldn't be quite as long as going east. We should also leave within the hour, if possible. I wouldn't depend on the military. We have no idea how well they're holding out, or where they are.”

Kariya decided not to talk about the obvious problems with the “going to the coast” plan. That being, sheer distance, getting gasoline for the boat, where they were going to find a boat, and how they would deal with food and water even if they had solved all of those other problems. There was no real point. The group needed to focus on surviving into the next week right now, not into next year. They would deal with that when they came to it.

2ndsly
October 30th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Rick Redfield
6:00AM
Outer Edge of Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Three

"Its time to go."
The thought, barely more then a murmur, hurt his soul. In the four months since the Outbrake began he had lived more than he had in all his 21 years before hand. There was something fundamentally Real to fighting for your life. You have to fight for every minute. Take every second. Playing chess with Death all the way.

Rick looked at the weapon at his side. It had started out as a sledgehammer, one his family had used for years. Yet, well maintained. Chop wood, hammer stakes, nudge the proto-portches frame a few inches to the side. It had never been meant for This. Death and Destruction. But one of Mans first tools was a weapon, and most every one since could be used as one.

The hammer has an interesting history. It may be used for war or peace. Caring little either way. Build a home, destroy something with impact. It was all the same in the end. It is only a tool, meant to be used. Those who uses the tools are what attaches significance to the action. What started as a sledgehammer, had one side cut down (to decrease the weight) and had the other side fileled to a blunt point (so it could pierce). It had become a Warhammer, a tool of Death and Destruction.

As the hammer changed, so had it's master. The flap he once wore was gone (replaced with muscle), the eyes which once lazily passed over the world without care had disappeared (hawk eyes now warily watched in their place). Rick had become a survivor. Always alone, working towards the next day. Then one day he wasn't alone anymore

It was jarring, to suddenly go from alone to having company. And he hadn't liked it at first. Because it made him wonder.

Wonder at the difference between living, and surviving. And all the wile, his intuition was screaming at him that it was time to go.

Katie
October 30th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Jade Jackson
6:00am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

These nightmares are really getting to me... It's really terrible, to wake up to a zombie apocalypse every time you go to bed. I think I've had therapy sessions about this, but they just won't stop. So I've practically given up on this ending, since it's probably a chronic mental thing or whatever.

I take a good look at myself in the bathroom mirror. Better be quick, though. Too much time and I could end up nude zombie bait. I shudder at the though, and place my rifle extremely close to the shower, and lay my clean clothes in a neat, orderly pile.

I get inside and leave the shower curtain wide open. I swear to God I'm not going to let one of those zombies get the jump on me in the shower. I turn on the water and start cleaning myself. Blood and gore are terrible for the complexion, I guess.

Sei
October 30th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Asuhito Hitomi
6:00 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Team 4 Base

57...58...59...Six o' clock.

Another hour has gone by. Another hour begins.

Just how long has it been, I wonder? Days? Weeks? Months? ...Years? It all just seems to escape me. Even as I count down the seconds until the next hour, the sense of time eludes my grasp and slips through the cracks between my fingers. But then again, is there even a point to clinging to a concept such as time anymore? I can't imagine what good it would do any of use now. All that matters now is the beginning, the end, and how you get there.

I move my heavy eyes across the room of our base. Well fortified and giving a decent sense of security, I guess. This has been the temporary home of me and three other survivors for awhile now. Day after day, we extend our time on this dying rock by putting up a firm stand against those things. And day after day we grow weaker and hungrier. We're running dangerously low on supplies and at this rate I doubt we'll last much longer. But that's just fine by me. I'd rather die of starvation as opposed to being eaten alive. Pain over suffering...that's the choice I've made.

So for now, I'll continue to live on borrowed time, despite wanting to end it all myself. If I can't do that, I'll never be able to face my mom and dad.

"So long as I can fight, I can live..."

Those are Hitomi's words. Words which betray my heart, but speak to the core of my soul.

49...50...51...52...

zlol365
October 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Johnny Valdez
6:00am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

The sound of water flowing. The quiet sniper who had stopped his break and resumed looking at the window merely nodded his head. Hopefully he need not continue this shift. If anything, it had been hell to endure the night looking out of the window, watching out for zombies. But he made no sound nor complaint. It was necessary, therefore he need not complain.

Though, he could feel the fatigue settling in... his eyes were closing, his head close to dropping off. He needed some rest. definitely... Absolutely....

Ivan The Mouse
October 30th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Asuhito Hitomi
6:00 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Team 4 Base

57...58...59...Six o' clock.

Another hour has gone by. Another hour begins.

Just how long has it been, I wonder? Days? Weeks? Months? ...Years? It all just seems to escape me. Even as I count down the seconds until the next hour, the sense of time eludes my grasp and slips through the cracks between my fingers. But then again, is there even a point to clinging to a concept such as time anymore? I can't imagine what good it would do any of use now. All that matters now is the beginning, the end, and how you get there.

I move my heavy eyes across the room of our base. Well fortified and giving a decent sense of security, I guess. This has been the temporary home of me and three other survivors for awhile now. Day after day, we extend our time on this dying rock by putting up a firm stand against those things. And day after day we grow weaker and hungrier. We're running dangerously low on supplies and at this rate I doubt we'll last much longer. But that's just fine by me. I'd rather die of starvation as opposed to being eaten alive. Pain over suffering...that's the choice I've made.

So for now, I'll continue to live on borrowed time, despite wanting to end it all myself. If I can't do that, I'll never be able to face my mom and dad.

"So long as I can fight, I can live..."

Those are Hitomi's words. Words which betray my heart, but speak to the core of my soul.

49...50...51...52...

Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais ng madaling araw. (6:00 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

After I start the day, I chose to check if my other compatriots are still here. The first one will be Hitomi, a Japanese-American. She's about as tall as me, even if I was older than her. I knocked on her door to see what's happening to her right now.

"Hitomi, are you still there?" I called her through the door.

Sei
October 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais ng madaling araw. (6:00 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

After I start the day, I chose to check if my other compatriots are still here. The first one will be Hitomi, a Japanese-American. She's about as tall as me, even if I was older than her. I knocked on her door to see what's happening to her right now.

"Hitomi, are you still there?" I called her through the door.

Asuhito Hitomi
6:01 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

Someone knocks on the door to my room, backing it up with a voice to reassure me it's a human. Judging by the sound of it, I'd have to say it's Leo.

Even still, by force of habit, I reach to my side and pick up the assault rifle which has provided me with so much comfort for countless nights. It's not that I don't trust the man, it's simply that I don't want to trust him with my life. Although he is my comrade, I can't rule out that everyone is a potential enemy. With sanity and food being as scarce as they are these days...

"What is it?" I open the door just enough for out faces to meet. Judging by the look on his face, it doesn't appear to be anything urgent. But that's not really saying much... "Are you checking on everyone again?"

Small talk is all I can offer to these people. I'd prefer not to get to close to anyone. Emotions like that...I'm not ready for them. Nevertheless, the presence of another at least eases my mind. So I don't want to alienate myself either.

Ivan The Mouse
October 30th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Asuhito Hitomi
6:01 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

Someone knocks on the door to my room, backing it up with a voice to reassure me it's a human. Judging by the sound of it, I'd have to say it's Leo.

Even still, by force of habit, I reach to my side and pick up the assault rifle which has provided me with so much comfort for countless nights. It's not that I don't trust the man, it's simply that I don't want to trust him with my life. Although he is my comrade, I can't rule out that everyone is a potential enemy. With sanity and food being as scarce as they are these days...

"What is it?" I open the door just enough for out faces to meet. Judging by the look on his face, it doesn't appear to be anything urgent. But that's not really saying much... "Are you checking on everyone again?"

Small talk is all I can offer to these people. I'd prefer not to get to close to anyone. Emotions like that...I'm not ready for them. Nevertheless, the presence of another at least eases my mind. So I don't want to alienate myself either.

Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais uno. (6:01 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

"Yes. Why?" I give out an immediate answer. It seems that Hitomi is still in shock on what happened, I could see it in her face that she wants to get detached from the rest of us. I cannot blame her, though, many of us lost other people while trying to survive.

For example, I still remember the other OFWs that tried to escape Williamette because, like me, they didn't expect this to happen and wanted to go home. Jojo, he was such a good friend to us, too bad we needed to shoot him after he was infected. Same thing with our supervisor, Mr. Reyes. He personally asked me to end his life when he got bitten, so I shot him in the head. It was such an unspeakable experience for me, yet I must not lose hope. I must get out of here and see my wife and child.

"If...you think I'm...uh, disturbing you with me checking everyday, just say so. I'm sorry for that." I added. "But, uh...I just want everyone to be safe. Okay?"

Before I turn my back to her, I gave her a few reminders. "And our food is running out, we must search before we all starve to death here. Uh...do you want to join in the search party? And eh, where are the others again?"

Helias
October 30th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Francis Chauvet
Williamette, Colorado
6:01 am

Francis yawned again, as he walked up to Leonard's room. He should be awake. He had better be awake. Someone needs to go search for supplies, and there was no way in hell Francis was going. He always has been much better at staying in one spot and shooting everything hostile than moving around and shooting things.

He stopped walking as he reached the door. He extended his hand.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

No answer. He tried again.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Still no answer. "Hey, you awake in there?" he asked out to the room. Once again, no answer.

Fuck it. Might as well see if Hitomi's up. He ran down to Hitomi's room, and stopped in my tracks as I saw someone standing outside the door. I immediately waved to him.

"Hey, Leonard! So you are awake. Is Hitomi up yet?" I shouted to him, as I walked toward him.

Satehi
October 30th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Zoey Garcia
6:00am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri
My eyes open. Slowly, the blurry world around me begins to come into focus. Hearing some chit chat going on between the other two members of me and Jade’s group, I must’ve woken up. Well. They can discuss what they want to, I don’t really care. The only reason I’m working with them is because Jade’s here, after all…

But before I can drift into dreamland and resume that wonderful dream of me and her, I immediately notice something off.

Jade’s not here.

There’s no time to be sleeping now, I have to find her. I jolt up immediately, looking around. Where did she go...? Getting out of the bed, and taking my bat, I slowly get out of bed. Luckily, before long I find her. Or rather, hear her. From the sound of their voices, there’s no way those other two could be in the bathroom at this time, so that leaves only Jade…

…in the shower.

Leaving my bat on the floor, I quickly make my way to the bathroom, deciding to verify if she’s really there. Peeking around the door, I see Jade taking the shower. An idea hits me, and gulping down for courage, I decide to ask.

“Ah, J-Jade?” Alerting her attention to me, I turn my head away. I don’t want her to think I’m a creepy stalker or anything. “Um…seeing as running water’s kind of rare these days and we need conserve it, and since we’re both girls…I was thinking…maybewecanbothshowertogether!”

Airen
October 30th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado, Base
Team Out of Bubblegum

The fourth, and final person of the group didn't look up immediately when Teimei spoke, his eyes focused on the few sheets of paper he held in his hands, the 'reports' he had begun to make everyday after the incident, in order to keep track of the steadily deteriorating conditions of himself and his companions. But honestly, there wasn't really anything in these reports that wasn't already obvious to himself and his companions, the food was basically gone, and the moans of zombies were beginning to be audible during the night hours. He tapped the papers in his hand twice with the index and middle fingers of his right hand, an odd habit that he had acquired during his time as a lawyer.

The evidence was perfectly clear.

They needed to leave, the sooner, the better.

Placing the reports back in his briefcase, which held the rest of his evidence, including his sole weapon, an HS 2000, a semi-automatic pistol that had been brought up as a possible murder weapon in his last client's court case. Mark had complete faith that the man was innocent, and would have proven it too, if this zombie situation hadn't suddenly gotten out of hand...

He sighed once, then spoke.

"I agree with Kariya." He stood up, briefcase in hand, "We should head west as soon as possible, there's no point in staying here any longer."

Sei
October 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais uno. (6:01 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

"Yes. Why?" I give out an immediate answer. It seems that Hitomi is still in shock on what happened, I could see it in her face that she wants to get detached from the rest of us. I cannot blame her, though, many of us lost other people while trying to survive.

For example, I still remember the other OFWs that tried to escape Williamette because, like me, they didn't expect this to happen and wanted to go home. Jojo, he was such a good friend to us, too bad we needed to shoot him after he was infected. Same thing with our supervisor, Mr. Reyes. He personally asked me to end his life when he got bitten, so I shot him in the head. It was such an unspeakable experience for me, yet I must not lose hope. I must get out of here and see my wife and child.

"If...you think I'm...uh, disturbing you with me checking everyday, just say so. I'm sorry for that." I added. "But, uh...I just want everyone to be safe. Okay?"

Asuhito Hitomi
6:01 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

I don't mind being checked on, but I don't say it out loud. Maybe it's because I feel it's already understood. Maybe it's because I just want him to read my mind...

Unlike me, Leo seems to have enough compassion left in him to ration it out to others. I on the other hand...I'm only concerned about myself really. I feel terrible inside, but right now, the people I call my allies are just a means to an end. An end that guarantees my survival...

With something like that weighing down on my heart...Maybe that's why I find it hard to talk to these guys who have only shown me kindness. I want to be their friend. I really do. But I'm afraid of what Hitomi...what I might do to them.

"Yeah..." I speak up meekly, but my voice lacks volume and my sight unconsciously is directed at the floor.


Before I turn my back to her, I gave her a few reminders. "And our food is running out, we must search before we all starve to death here. Uh...do you want to join in the search party? And eh, where are the others again?"

That's right. We have to go out there again, sooner or later. But I can't help but wonder if there's anything left out there. I imagine most food by now is either gone, spoiled, or unobtainable. And then there is the issue of bringing any useful supplies back while defending ourselves...It makes me want to stay right where I am.

"I don't mind killing for my food..." Hitomi speaks out in a low voice; a quiet mumble, but clear as day to me

"I guess, I'll help out. We need the supplies, right?" All I can do is go along with it for now. Besides, if I just sit around, I might lose what little sanity I have left.


Francis Chauvet
Williamette, Colorado
6:01 am

Francis yawned again, as he walked up to Leonard's room. He should be awake. He had better be awake. Someone needs to go search for supplies, and there was no way in hell Francis was going. He always has been much better at staying in one spot and shooting everything hostile than moving around and shooting things.

He stopped walking as he reached the door. He extended his hand.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

No answer. He tried again.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Still no answer. "Hey, you awake in there?" he asked out to the room. Once again, no answer.

Fuck it. Might as well see if Hitomi's up. He ran down to Hitomi's room, and stopped in my tracks as I saw someone standing outside the door. I immediately waved to him.

"Hey, Leonard! So you are awake. Is Hitomi up yet?" I shouted to him, as I walked toward him.

"..."

A slight gasp escapes my lips as yet another one of my teammates walks up to the entrance of my room. With his arrival, I can't help but sink back into my room a bit. I can't help but feel that his positive energy repels me.

SeiKeo
October 30th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Teimei Terakawa
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

"So, west it is!" Teimei moved to start gathering supplies, throwing some of what they had left into her bag. "Make for Salt Lake?"

RacingeR
October 30th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Out of Bubblegum


"Make for Salt Lake?"
After filling her bag, Liz nodded to Teimei's words. "Seems worth the effort, and we'll need the supplies we can get there." She doubted that her plan of getting a boat would work, but she did not seem to care much about it, or the other details. To tell the truth, she was already itching to get out there and start smashing zombies.

xelloss
October 30th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Kariya Matou
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

Kariya nodded, packing up the last remaining medical supplies. If anyone got hurt, they'd need something on hand. Didn't want to get an infection. Of any kind. “Right. Salt Lake it is. We'll try and build up something there, if we can.”

Airen
October 30th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado, Base
Team Out of Bubblegum

Mark simply nodded at the statements of his companions, remaining silent as he retrieved his weapon and placed his remaining bits of ammo in his briefcase. He didn't really like violence, but in a world such as this, objections were made with bullets, and the only contradiction was a zombie that wasn't quite dead. To be honest, it felt sort of surreal, like they were in a video game, or some sort of movie.

"Alright then, I guess the plan's set. Salt Lake it is." He closed the locks on his briefcase, and stood up, checking the ammo in his gun, "Let's go."

Survivors of Colorado vs Zombie Horde.

Case Start.

Blackdeath6031
October 30th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Anthony Stonnes
6:01am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

A-A-Ah, okay.

Closing his eyes, the boy took deep breaths.
His training in kenjutsu taught him relatively well in that respect.

Calmness, harmony and concentration. To hold true to the flow and not be fazed by anything which comes his way.

Ah, okay...
Tony thought to himself as he finally calmed down. Then he raised the man's canteen to his mouth and took a sip.

"Um…seeing as running water’s kind of rare these days and we need conserve it, and since we’re both girls…I was thinking…maybewecanbothshowertogether!"


*gurruck!*
....
*cough* *cough*

....Okay, I'm not calm anymore. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck what is this? I don't even-

....Wait. Should I....resist this...temptation...?

But hold on...the man seems to be nodding off?

I stand up and walk over to him.
"U-U-Uh...I can take over the watch if you want me to..."

Mormarth
October 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Team 1
6:03 AM
Williamette, Colorado

You are safe, for the moment, but do not let your shenanigans cloud your purpose.

A block away, several Shamblers shuffle by, one stops for a brief moment, sniffs, then utters a quiet groan and moves on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 2
6:03 AM
READY, STEADY, GO

You've packed all of your things together, you have your destination, the shamblers have been moving ever closer to your small safehouse. You've picked the store clean, foods packed, you're well rested.

Time to move on. You find a small window in the back of the store you can move out quietly. After doing so, you look around, wait, what's that?

Off in the distance, a figure stands, watching.

-------------------------------------------

Team 3
6:03 AM
LAZY FOOOOOOOLS

Your group sleeps in, unknown to you, a small group has caught your scent, one of the dead leaps to a rooftop, and sprints, leaping and jumping across rooftops, to your position.

Time to get up, and get your asses moving~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 4
6:03 AM
SoL TIEM

You are in luck, zombies are seemingly wary of your well fortified buliding. You can rest on your laurels a while longer.

2ndsly
October 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Team 3
6:03 AM
LAZY FOOOOOOOLS

Your group sleeps in, unknown to you, a small group has caught your scent, one of the dead leaps to a rooftop, and sprints, leaping and jumping across rooftops, to your position.
Rick Redfield
6:03AM
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 3



As Rick puzzled what it means to live, he heard a clatter.
His eyes, previously unfocused, narrowed. His grip on Azure Sky tightened.

The sound became more pronounced, and Rick went to Condition Red.

"ATTACK!!!". Rick yelled the warning as he homed in on the sound.

He could only hope to hold them off long enough for the others to rise.

'Odd.' he couldnt help thinking to himself with a chuckle. I hated them when we first met, yet I will do anything I can to protect them.

Katie
October 30th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Jade Jackson
6:01am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri


“Ah, J-Jade?” Alerting her attention to me, I turn my head away. I don’t want her to think I’m a creepy stalker or anything. “Um…seeing as running water’s kind of rare these days and we need conserve it, and since we’re both girls…I was thinking…maybewecanbothshowertogether!”

"Uh... What?" I look at Zoey, who, is, um, asking me a seeeeeeeeeeriously awkward question. I really hope my dreams haven't turned from nightmares to erotic ones, that'd be weird... Fuck, um, let's think what my friends do...

That isn't helpful at all! Rose would babble about some psychoanalyzing stuff and say no, John might(?) say yes, in his dorky way, and, um, I'm not really sure what Dave would do. But, she, uh, raises a good point...

"Okay... I guess...? Just, um, not too close, okay...?"

SeiKeo
October 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Team 2
6:03 AM
READY, STEADY, GO

You've packed all of your things together, you have your destination, the shamblers have been moving ever closer to your small safehouse. You've picked the store clean, foods packed, you're well rested.

Time to move on. You find a small window in the back of the store you can move out quietly. After doing so, you look around, wait, what's that?

Off in the distance, a figure stands, watching.

Teimei stopped. "Ah, guys, can anyone see what that is? I can't make it out."

2ndsly
October 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Rick Redfield
Team Three Base
6:03.25AM
Rick quickly sprints out of the house as quietly as expedient. No reason to alert the undead to his position prematurely.
As he edges out a side door he sees a zombie running across roofs towards him. He moves to intercept. Azure Sky griped securely in his hands. His breathing unhurried.

RacingeR
October 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Outside the Base, Team Out of Bubblegum

Elizabeth observed with narrow eyes the figure, as she inspected the surroundings trying to notice any stray zombie. Her so called hyper awareness had saved her life countless times those past months. She sighed, and there was a sharp sound as one of her blades appeared in her hands.

"I can't see from this distance." She spoke in her voice of always as she stood besides Teimei. "Should we investigate?"

SeiKeo
October 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Teimei Terakawa
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum


"I can't see from this distance." She spoke in her voice of always as she stood besides Teimei. "Should we investigate?"

"Well, if it's not coming after us..." Teimei shrugged. "I say we pay attention to it, but best not to go look for trouble. S' not like we're action heros, right?" None the less, she had flicked Henry out of his carrying loop on her bag to rest on her shoulder.

2ndsly
October 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Rick Redfield
Base, Team Three
6:03.35AM

"Can't stay out here long," Rick thinks as he intercepts the jumper. "Need to finish this one quickly, then retreat."

xelloss
October 30th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Kariya Matou
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

Kariya removed his shotgun from the harness on his back and nodded. “So long as it doesn't come close, I think we'll be alright. Whatever it is, it seems less aggressive than the average zouke, otherwise it would already be coming. I say we get a move on pay more attention to more dangerous zoukes.” Kariya used the word zouke for zombies, because they kind of reminded him of his decaying, evil, ugly grandfather Zouken, who was the whole reason he had left Japan.

2ndsly
October 30th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Rick Redfield
Base, Team Three
6:03.37AM

As Rick moved to intercept the jumper, he paused. A feeling of great foreboding was emanating from Azure Sky.
Without sparring another moment he began to retreat.

Airen
October 30th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Team Out of Bubblegum

His pistol still in hand, Mark took time to examine their surroundings before he allowed his attention to be drawn to the figure in the distance. He couldn't quite make out what it was from here, but from the way it stood out in the open, as if it didn't care about the shambling corpses of the undead, he felt that it was safe to assume that it wasn't a human.

"Kariya's right," he took a few steps back as he kept his gaze on the figure, "It doesn't seem that aggressive, so it's probably not something we need to worry about." Mark paused, then, "I'll keep an eye on it as we go. If it starts to come after us, I'll take the shot." His weapon had the most range, so it was only natural that he would be the one to worry about enemies that were further away.

RacingeR
October 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:03 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

"Very well." The redhead did not question the decision of the group, neither did she say her own opinion. As long as that thing didn't go near them, she wouldn't care about it. Still with her katana in hand, she lifted her bag, and looked at her teammates.

"I think we should go with the same formation as always. Teimei on the rear, Mark and Kariya on the middle, and me on the front, at least until we get out of this city." She sent another starte to her team, as if waiting for their opinions. Compared to when they first had met, when she had acted almost independently, this was a noticeable change of attitude.

Mormarth
October 30th, 2011, 08:55 PM
CODENAME: GENTLEZOMBIE
6:03 AM
WILLIAMETTE, COLORADO
NEAR TEAM 2


He touched down lightly, near a storefront, and adjusted his monocle slightly, he smiled slightly at the quiet, and made for the store. He had heard that his favorite tea was available in this area by one of his contacts. He had combed the town several times, counting 4 groups of survivors. He walked down the street calmly, wondering if he should greet some of these fine people.

But, it appears that they would do that for him.

4 persons clambered out of a window at the back of a store, how convenient, it was the same store that he was intrigued in. So, massaging his jawline, he sprang forwards to a respectable 10 feet from the group. He looked towards them, brushing his suit, and adjusting his person to appear respectable.

2 Women, he smiled at them cheerily, raising an eyebrow at the fine weaponry, and then turned his eyes to the men.

He could appreciate the first one, dressed in a suit and looking quite sharp, although the gun was a slight demerit.

But the second one.. he looked the part of a scoundrel.

He opened his jaw, calling out to them, "Good morning, my fine compatriots! I do wish you all slept well in this dismal town."

He had decided to be in a lazy mood this morning, and as such was not particularly in the mood for a fight. A duel spoils the tea, after all.

SeiKeo
October 30th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Teimei Terakawa
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum


He opened his jaw, calling out to them, "Good morning, my fine compatriots! I do wish you all slept well in this dismal town."

Teimei opened her mouth, then thought better of it and closed it again. Uh... wait what. First, it was a talking zombie. Second, it was a zombie with a monocle, that sounded like it belonged on him too. So, she responded in the only way she could.

"Pretty good, I guess."

Ace
October 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Adam Salvatore
Team 3
6:03 AM

Adam had been dozing off on the ground near the entrance when a yell woke him up. He got up immediately and grabbed his weapon, a shovel, instinctively. He was too slow as he saw his ally, Rick charge outside weapon in hand. What are you doing Leeroy? Adam thought. Luckily Rick came back a moment later. "Hey Rick! What's up with the yelling? Is something going on?" Adam asked innocently, a clueless look on his face. Adam had a pretty good idea what was going on. Rick must have seen something and ran out to attack, he did after all shout it before leaving.

"Did you.... did you see a zombie?" Adam looked around. His grip on his shovel loosened slightly. It wouldn't do to be very tense. While Adam's shovel was not as impressive as Rick's hammer he still had a lot of faith in it. The shovel had been one of his father's gardening tools and the only thing in reach at the time.

RacingeR
October 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:03 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

What.

Liz barely had noticed the presence, when her other hand drew her second blade. A... Zombie. A talking zombie. Wearing a sharp, fine suit. And a monocle... and speaking like a very educated person. To tell the truth, she had no way to react to it, and for first time since the outbreak, the expresionless girl was showing shock. As Teimei spoke, she snapped out of it, and moved close to her, ready to attack if needed.

"What matter takes you to this town?" She asked with some curiosity, as if talking to a normal person.

2ndsly
October 30th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Rick Redfield
Team Three
6:03.45AM

"Did you.... did you see a zombie?"
Breathing still unhurried, Rick was so busy berating himself for his foolish action that he nearly didn't hear Adam's question. THAT was not how he'd survived three months on his own. He blamed his action on not having anyone to care about for so long.
"Yes. Theres one rapidly moving towards us across the roofs. And it's most likely there are more coming."

Letting his self flagellation die off. Rick began to really Think. He locked the front door as he turned to speak to Adam.
"We need to wake the others and ready ourselves."

Airen
October 30th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
6:00 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Team Out of Bubblegum

The figure was too fast.

As he was talking to his companions, assuring them that he would keep an eye on the creature, it moved at a speed far beyond the speed the other zombies had shown to possess. It was such an unexpected movement, something that defied every bit of evidence that Mark had acquired about the undead, that he was too shocked to shoot at the undead, monocle-wearing zombie.


"Good morning, my fine compatriots! I do wish you all slept well in this dismal town."

Well, he had been greeted by a rather polite zombie, this basically cemented the fact that the world was broken.

But, surprisingly enough, he found himself responding to it like it was normal person, perhaps because he didn't want to have to fight the ridiculously fast creature.

"I suppose I slept rather well. The neighbors were quiet for once." He paused, then after a moment, continued, "You called to us, so is there something we can do for you today?"

Xaldin
October 30th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Xaldin
(6:01 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

"Zzzzzzzzzz..." *snort* "Mmmm...Zzzzzzzz..." Oh God, sleep. This is like, the best thing in the world. I tend to be a pretty heavy sleeper, so something as subtle as time has no meaning to mah snoozing. However something that does wake me up...

"ACK!"

Rolling off my bed and hitting my Goddamn head. I can't express how many times that has happened, it's like a curse for me. "Guess that's cue that it's wake up time..." I climbed out of my bed slapped my face, forcing myself to wake up. One thing I do hate about sleeping is the getting up part that inevitably comes. Totally not a morning person here. "Well, first thing's first. I'mma need me some cloths other than boxers and a T." I walked over to my "closet" if you could call this pile of cloths I have on the ground such a thing. Most of it was stuff I didn't even like, but I'm not picky about what I wear. Anyways, I slapped on a different T shit with a skull on the front, blue jeans, belt, and this black leather jacket I really like. I tend to wear it even if its hot, I like black jackets and coats and such. I checked the mirror, everything seemed to be in order. Brown hair about eye's length, blue eyes, and no horrible skin deterioration. So at least I'm not a zombie, that's always good.

Now, I could start with a little workout to get me woke up but...fuck that, I'm hungry and already got my jacket on, it's stupid to take it right off. I grabbed a few toothpicks, 6 to be exact, off this stand by my bed and started chewing on the end of one. They were sturdy than most toothpicks, strangly, so no matter how much chewing I did they stayed in good, picking shape. Now I'm all set for today, so I opened my door and headed outside.

"Yo!" I called out and started walking in a random direction, "Where everybody at? If I'm up I'm sure everyone else is." I walked down the hall and came across Hitomi's room and spotted both Leo and Frank. Frank being Francis. I didn't like saying Francis for some reason, so I decided to call him Frank. "Why's everyone at Hitomi's room? She got something cool in there?" I asked, quickly running over and peeking inside, but only seeing Hitomi and her room in her usual state. "Aw that's disappointing. -_- Anyways, I'm hungry, let's eat something."

Helias
October 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:01 am
Williamette, Colorado


"..."

A slight gasp escapes my lips as yet another one of my teammates walks up to the entrance of my room. With his arrival, I can't help but sink back into my room a bit. I can't help but feel that his positive energy repels me.

...Ah crap, not again. Got to stop being so cheerful around her.


"Yo!" I called out and started walking in a random direction, "Where everybody at? If I'm up I'm sure everyone else is." I walked down the hall and came across Hitomi's room and spotted both Leo and Frank. Frank being Francis. I didn't like saying Francis for some reason, so I decided to call him Frank. "Why's everyone at Hitomi's room? She got something cool in there?" I asked, quickly running over and peeking inside, but only seeing Hitomi and her room in her usual state. "Aw that's disappointing. -_- Anyways, I'm hungry, let's eat something."

"Oh, hey Xaldin! 'Bout damn time you woke up!" I shouted cheerfully, completely forgetting my resolution from a few seconds ago. "Yeah, good idea! Some food should be nice."

I head off to grab some food. After a couple steps, I stop, and turn around. "Hey, you guys had better decide who's going out for supplies, 'cuz I'm not going!" I yelled back towards them. I turn away from them, and run off towards food.

Xaldin
October 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Xaldin
(6:01 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4



I head off to grab some food. After a couple steps, I stop, and turn around. "Hey, you guys had better decide who's going out for supplies, 'cuz I'm not going!" I yelled back towards them. I turn away from them, and run off towards food.

"Oh yeah, we're running low aren't we. Count me in on some going out, I friggin' love cracking a few zombie skulls." I smirked, punching my palm. One thing good about this zombie apocolypse is that I can go fucking apeshit with no reprecussions! Well, I guess I could die but, it hasn't happened yet but it'll happen sometime, so I ain't too worried with it. "Frank says no, but what about you two?"

Sei
October 30th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Asuhito Hitomi
6:01 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

First Francis, now Xaldin. It makes me feel more and more uncomfortable by the second. If it weren't for the simple fact that we needed each other, I doubt someone like me would be around such guys.


I head off to grab some food. After a couple steps, I stop, and turn around. "Hey, you guys had better decide who's going out for supplies, 'cuz I'm not going!" I yelled back towards them. I turn away from them, and run off towards food.

Just like that. They can go off and get food without a care in the world. You'd almost think we weren't running low on rations. It's a bit troubling, yet at the same time...refreshing. These guys, they kind of help me keep up hope: continuing to feed the tiny flame, keeping it from burning out.

"I'll be going out," I look at the food Francis came back with. Thoughts of getting some of my own crosses my mind, but I decide against it. I'll be killing people again soon, "Just let me know when you guys are ready."

I try to give a reassuring smile as these guys tend to worry about me. Doing this much and scavenging is the least I can do for them.


"Oh yeah, we're running low aren't we. Count me in on some going out, I friggin' love cracking a few zombie skulls." I smirked, punching my palm. One thing good about this zombie apocolypse is that I can go fucking apeshit with no reprecussions! Well, I guess I could die but, it hasn't happened yet but it'll happen sometime, so I ain't too worried with it. "Frank says no, but what about you two?"

"Although...we probably shouldn't all leave the base at once. If two of us go out, two of us should stay. This place is well fortified and all...but one man can only do so much if something does happen."

That's right. I've seen that happen before. Safety is a lie.

Helias
October 30th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:01 am
Williamette, Colorado

Foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfo odfoodfoodfood.....

That was the only thing I could think of at the moment. I couldn't even hear why Xaldin said to those two. But who care? Food is more important than conversation, right?

Well, that's only if you can find food, which I couldn't do.

.....foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodf oodFOOD!

At long last, I found food! Not much left, mind you, but it's better than none. I grab a couple cans of ham, a can of turkey, and a can of chicken. Not like it really matters, since they all taste the same anyway. I stand them all up on their sides, draw my rifle, and take aim.

How else do you expect me to open canned meat without a can opener?

Wait, no. That'd be a waste of bullets. I need those. A knife would be better. I holster my rifle, and look around for a knife, which I find right next to a small pile of canned meat. I pick it up, and quickly open all four cans.

Probably should bring some food back for the others, I thought to myself, as I happily ate out of one of the cans. But I don't wanna share right now...
...Fuck it. I'm being nice today too. I pick up and open four more cans, and run back towards Hitomi's room.

"Hey! Brought you guys some food!" I shouted to my friends, as I ran back with food.

Friends? I never had considered them friends before. I've only thought they were allies, and comrades-in-arms. I've betrayed, or been betrayed by, the other groups I've been with. I normally trust nobody. But I trust these people.

...Yeah, I could probably consider them friends. As I handed my friends their food, I smiled.

RacingeR
October 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Team 4 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:02 AM

A figure watched on the distance.

Descomposition had started to settle on his skin long ago, reducing the once pale, unblemished skin to a strained yellow, rough cover. Sickly eyes watched the National Guard house, the deep entrenchment created by the humans making it frown. The lone zombie was wearing what seemed to be a Frock-Coat, pretty clean taking in account the wearer. It did not match the common, tattered pants, but it made a good combination with the top hat that rested in his head. As to finish off his strange look, the zombie was holding a long, western sword, that he had been using as a cane.

...

It had been a long time since he had tasted flesh, since the last group of survivors he had come across had been wiped out two days ago. And now, another group of delicious prey had established in the midst of his territory. It was a troublesome group, in a fortress like that, having returned so many of his subordinates to the grave. Yet... it smiled. It had an idea.

He let out a calm whistle, a signal. And then waited.

Sei
October 30th, 2011, 10:29 PM
That's right. I've seen that happen before. Safety is a lie.


"Hey! Brought you guys some food!" I shouted to my friends, as I ran back with food.

Friends? I never had considered them friends before. I've only thought they were allies, and comrades-in-arms. I've betrayed, or been betrayed by, the other groups I've been with. I normally trust nobody. But I trust these people.

...Yeah, I could probably consider them friends. As I handed my friends their food, I smiled.

Asuhito Hitomi
6:02 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base. Team 4

That's right, when people feel safe...they start to relax. When people start to relax, their senses dull and tragedy strikes. That's how things work. That's how things are. And right now, I'm surrounded by people who feel they can afford to relax. At first, I simply took it at face value, but now...I'm beginning to feel uneasy. And when I feel uneasy...I usually have reason to be.

Just how long have we stayed here? Just how long have we remained stationary while they have been on the move?

The hairs on the back of my neck begin to stand on end. It's then that I know, something is wrong. The world has ended and yet here we are enjoying a false sense of security.

"Something's not right." I speak up for everyone to hear me.

Xaldin
October 30th, 2011, 10:34 PM
"Hey! Brought you guys some food!" I shouted to my friends, as I ran back with food.


"Most appreciated." I say, quickly snagging that thar can of chicken. Me likes chicken. I scarfed a piece into my mouth.


"Although...we probably shouldn't all leave the base at once. If two of us go out, two of us should stay. This place is well fortified and all...but one man can only do so much if something does happen."


"Mot ma moint mere." I muffled, the food stopping my words from making much sense. I quickly forced myself to swallow it and try again, "I mean, you got a point there. Everyone else here has a gun but me, so I should definately go. I'm only useful when up close to the fuckers, so I can't do anything but wait for them to break in if I stay. So I guess it'll be you and me getting the supplies, Hitomi."


"Something's not right." I speak up for everyone to hear me.

"Wait, wut?"

Helias
October 30th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:02 am
Williamette, Colorado


"Something's not right." I speak up for everyone to hear me.

Like I care. Food comes fir-wait, what? Hitomi thinks something's up? Shit, this is bad.

Cue freak-out time.

"Oh, shit. What do you think's going on? Are we gonna die? I hope we aren't gonna die. I don't like dying. Dying hurts. I don't like getting hurt. Getting hurt is bad. Oh, fuck, what do we do, what do we do, what do we do what do we do what do we do WHAT DO WE DO!?" I started shouting at the top of my lungs. I can't control myself when I'm in a dangerous situation. This is why I stay back and defend, where I'll be safe, and where I won't screw stuff up.

Satehi
October 30th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Zoey Garcia
6:02am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

She..she said yes!

It’s almost like I’m living out one of my dreams, being granted this chance to spend time so closer to Jade. The thoughts of the dangerous situation we’re in, amidst a zombie apocalypse drip further from my mind, as I’m overjoyed to be given this opportunity. Even if this was just a dream, it was one I hoped would last.

I hurriedly begin to undress, taking off my clothes. Walking into the bathroom, I leave them down, next to Jade’s pile of clothes. As she continues to use the shower, I slip into the open shower behind her.

It’s a pretty tight fit inside, though. It’s great to feel running water, though. Since the outbreak, hygiene was more a luxury that most couldn’t afford, and I wasn’t immune to that. It’s been so long since I was clean…

Accidentally moving closer to the center to get more focus from the showerhead and noticing she isn’t paying too much attention, I ‘accidentally’ make contact with Jade. Moving back quickly, I begin to apologize. “S-sorry! It was just, the shower felt good, and I wanted to get closer to it, and it’s a pretty tight fit in here, so…”

That felt good.

Xaldin
October 30th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:02 am
Williamette, Colorado



Like I care. Food comes fir-wait, what? Hitomi thinks something's up? Shit, this is bad.

Cue freak-out time.

"Oh, shit. What do you think's going on? Are we gonna die? I hope we aren't gonna die. I don't like dying. Dying hurts. I don't like getting hurt. Getting hurt is bad. Oh, fuck, what do we do, what do we do, what do we do what do we do what do we do WHAT DO WE DO!?" I started shouting at the top of my lungs. I can't control myself when I'm in a dangerous situation. This is why I stay back and defend, where I'll be safe, and where I won't screw stuff up.

I blinked for a second or two. And on the inside, I lol'd. Kinda funny how a little comment could set him off. Maybe I'll mess with 'em later and see how he reacts. Then again he does have a gun, that may not be smart... ANYWAYS--

"Uh, Frank? Frank!" I said, raising my voice to try and make him stop the freak out. "She said 'something's wrong' not 'holy shit, we're all going to fucking die'. 'Kay? Calm the hell down and eat your food."

Helias
October 30th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:02 am
Williamette, Colorado


"Uh, Frank? Frank!" I said, raising my voice to try and make him stop the freak out. "She said 'something's wrong' not 'holy shit, we're all going to fucking die'. 'Kay? Calm the hell down and eat your food."

Okay, he's right. She didn't say that we were gonna die or anything, I'm just over-reacting again. Calm down, Francis, calm down...

I take a few deep breaths, and sigh. "Yeah, alright. I'm calm now. I was just over-reacting over a little thing. Everything's okay, Francis, everything's okay." I continued, only in a whisper. "Go to your happy place, Francis, go to your happy place..." I just stood there, whispering that over and over, while bobbing back and forth.

Sei
October 30th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Asuhito Hitomi
6:02 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

Every second we lose is a second they gain. Which is why we can't afford to waste anymore time. That's what Hitomi tells me. That's my que to leave. I who gave up on fighting so long ago...I am easily overpowered by her.

"All right. This is how it is so listen up," Hitomi firmly grasps Claymore in her hand and fully opens the door seperating her from my allies, "The fact of the matter is that we've messed up. We've stayed in one location for too long while the enemy has continued to move, constantly seeking us out. Naturally, we had a few instances here and there, but in a world where being overrun is a common occurence, we have yet to face that. Well...it's just a feeling, but I think we're on the brink of facing that long-overdue time."

Hitomi pauses for a moment as she retreats back into my room and rifles through the various little items I had scattered about. She takes what she deems necessary and stuffs them into a brown bag: a get-out-of-dodge bag.

"Look, I'm not stupid, so I'll say this. I don't intend on leaving this place unless the rest of you do too. This base is probably the most fortified place I've seen during this whole ordeal, so if we leave it, we may never find as good a place as this again. But keep in mind, if we stay here and a horde is on its way, we're just a bunch of sitting ducks. With our supplies being as low as they are right now, it's an opportune chance for us to grab what we can and move on."

Hitomi zips up the bag and slings it over her shoulder. Turning back to face the people at the doorway, she looks at them all intently with my eyes.

"Whether you guys decide to fight or run is fine by me. But just know that I intend to kill and live. If you become useless, you're as good as dead in my eyes. So make your choice."

Her words disturb me. They're words I would never say, but they are words that came from my mouth. They're words that come from a part of me.

Xaldin
October 30th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Xaldin
6:02 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base. Team 4



I take a few deep breaths, and sigh. "Yeah, alright. I'm calm now. I was just over-reacting over a little thing. Everything's okay, Francis, everything's okay." I continued, only in a whisper. "Go to your happy place, Francis, go to your happy place..." I just stood there, whispering that over and over, while bobbing back and forth.

...

Oh. This was hard.

"Tch..." I began grinding my teeth, pointing my eyes at the ground. Dammit, I can't do it... "Must...resist...pointing behind him...and shouting 'HOLY SHIT A HUGE FUCKING RAPE ZOMBIE'... He'll shoot...without even checking...waste of ammo...but...so...funny... Must...resist...playful joke..."

It's too hard to resist. So I focused all my attention on devouring the bits of chicken in my can, until the urge to say those words subsided. Luckily, Hitomi began speaking and distracted me.



"All right. This is how it is so listen up," Hitomi firmly grasps Claymore in her hand and fully opens the door seperating her from my allies, "The fact of the matter is that we've messed up. We've stayed in one location for too long while the enemy has continued to move, constantly seeking us out. Naturally, we had a few instances here and there, but in a world where being overrun is a common occurence, we have yet to face that. Well...it's just a feeling, but I think we're on the brink of facing that long-overdue time."

Hitomi pauses for a moment as she retreats back into my room and rifles through the various little items I had scattered about. She takes what she deems necessary and stuffs them into a brown bag: a get-out-of-dodge bag.

"Look, I'm not stupid, so I'll say this. I don't intend on leaving this place unless the rest of you do too. This base is probably the most fortified place I've seen during this whole ordeal, so if we leave it, we may never find as good a place as this again. But keep in mind, if we stay here and a horde is on its way, we're just a bunch of sitting ducks. With our supplies being as low as they are right now, it's an opportune chance for us to grab what we can and move on."

Hitomi zips up the bag and slings it over her shoulder. Turning back to face the people at the doorway, she looks at them all intently with my eyes.

"Whether you guys decide to fight or run is fine by me. But just know that I intend to kill and live. If you become useless, you're as good as dead in my eyes. So make your choice."

Her words disturb me. They're words I would never say, but they are words that came from my mouth. They're words that come from a part of me.

I lowered my shoulders a bit after Hitomi's rather heartless words. Really dampened the mood there... Truth be told, I kinda like her better like that as opposed to the times when she seems so meak. Anyways, I finished my can while she was explaining her thoughts.

"Alright, so you think we oughta bail and avoid a horde. Buuuut, what if we just run into the horde later on the road anyways? This'll probably be the best place to take 'em on. Or would you just have us keep on running in hopes of avoid it. Of course, if we keep running there's a chance we could run INTO the scary zombie army." I brought my can to my lips and began licking the insides, scraping out whatever was left on the sides of it and brought it back down and took the toothpick out of my mouth, picking at the bottom to scrap whatever I could reach further to the top. "Personally I think it's best to stock up and take the fuckers out when they come, and then bail out for some place with, God/Buddah/Jesus/Santa/and-whatever-the-hell-Scientologist-believe-in willing, more supplies and less zombies."

I brought the can to my mouth again and started licking for a final time, making damn sure not to waste anything, I hate wasting shit. And then I tossed it randomly behind me. If karma hates me, I'll probably trip over that later. "Anyways, what about you two, what'cha think we should do?" I asked, looking to Frank and Leo.

Helias
October 31st, 2011, 01:38 AM
Francis Chauvet
6:02 am
Williamette, Colorado


Asuhito Hitomi
6:02 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

Every second we lose is a second they gain. Which is why we can't afford to waste anymore time. That's what Hitomi tells me. That's my que to leave. I who gave up on fighting so long ago...I am easily overpowered by her.

"All right. This is how it is so listen up," Hitomi firmly grasps Claymore in her hand and fully opens the door seperating her from my allies, "The fact of the matter is that we've messed up. We've stayed in one location for too long while the enemy has continued to move, constantly seeking us out. Naturally, we had a few instances here and there, but in a world where being overrun is a common occurence, we have yet to face that. Well...it's just a feeling, but I think we're on the brink of facing that long-overdue time."

Hitomi pauses for a moment as she retreats back into my room and rifles through the various little items I had scattered about. She takes what she deems necessary and stuffs them into a brown bag: a get-out-of-dodge bag.

"Look, I'm not stupid, so I'll say this. I don't intend on leaving this place unless the rest of you do too. This base is probably the most fortified place I've seen during this whole ordeal, so if we leave it, we may never find as good a place as this again. But keep in mind, if we stay here and a horde is on its way, we're just a bunch of sitting ducks. With our supplies being as low as they are right now, it's an opportune chance for us to grab what we can and move on."

Hitomi zips up the bag and slings it over her shoulder. Turning back to face the people at the doorway, she looks at them all intently with my eyes.

"Whether you guys decide to fight or run is fine by me. But just know that I intend to kill and live. If you become useless, you're as good as dead in my eyes. So make your choice."

Her words disturb me. They're words I would never say, but they are words that came from my mouth. They're words that come from a part of me.

"Go to your happy place, Francis, go to your happy- Wha?"

Well then, that was unexpected. First, I never expected Hitomi to open the door. Second, I never expected her to talk like that. Third, where the hell did she get that badass assault rifle?

Ahem, back on topic. Needless to say, I was surprised. It was just what I needed to come back to reality.

"Yeah, I agree with Xaldin. It would be much smarter to stay here and fight the bastards in our own territory, where we can actually defend ourselves. And besides, if we run off and bump into a horde, we're fucked." I took a deep breath, and continued. "Okay, rousing speech time." I jumped up on a chair, and started my speech.

"Everyone!" I shouted out to my friends/allies. "There may or may not be a large or small zombie horde heading towards this stronghold right now, lusting for our flesh. They most certainly want a fight. And if they want a fight, we'll give them a fucking good fight. The zombies have probably conquered most of the country, and whether they like it or not, we're gonna take it back, one horde at a time. The incoming horde will crumble beneath our mighty rifles, and..." he looked at Xaldin, "...toothpicks. No longer will they slowly wear away at our defenses. This is the day where we win! This is the day where they die!"

Pretty good speech, if I say so myself.

zlol365
October 31st, 2011, 01:55 AM
Team 1
6:03 AM
Williamette, Colorado

You are safe, for the moment, but do not let your shenanigans cloud your purpose. A block away, several Shamblers shuffle by, one stops for a brief moment, sniffs, then utters a quiet groan and moves on.

Johnny Valdez
6.03am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

Previously, the moment the boy woke him up, Johnny was about to willingly surrender his shift when he heard some faint noises. He picked up his rifle, looked out of the windows. Zombies. Dam their lot. Then they moved. he closed his eyes. It would be at most two to three days before they would be surrounded. He clucked his tongue and finally looked at the boy and said, "We've got to leave. If we continue being complacent here, we'll die."

He picked up his rifle and opened a box of toothpicks that he held and bit on one of them. He then spat it out and then headed towards where the other two girls where. And due to his introverted nature, he just walked into the two girls room and announced, "Do whatever you need to do quick. I believe we need to move out from here before we all get surrounded. Some zombies already are catching onto the fact that there are survivors here."

He walked out of the room and then took out a map of the town. Whipping out some instruments from his bag, he begun devising a route out from their current location. Zombies or not, they would make it to a safe place. At least...

He closed his eyes and rubbed his temple as images of his fallen comrade dying flashed. This time, he had much to lose...

Ivan The Mouse
October 31st, 2011, 02:37 AM
Francis Chauvet
6:02 am
Williamette, Colorado

"Go to your happy place, Francis, go to your happy- Wha?"

Well then, that was unexpected. First, I never expected Hitomi to open the door. Second, I never expected her to talk like that. Third, where the hell did she get that badass assault rifle?

Ahem, back on topic. Needless to say, I was surprised. It was just what I needed to come back to reality.

"Yeah, I agree with Xaldin. It would be much smarter to stay here and fight the bastards in our own territory, where we can actually defend ourselves. And besides, if we run off and bump into a horde, we're fucked." I took a deep breath, and continued. "Okay, rousing speech time." I jumped up on a chair, and started my speech.

"Everyone!" I shouted out to my friends/allies. "There may or may not be a large or small zombie horde heading towards this stronghold right now, lusting for our flesh. They most certainly want a fight. And if they want a fight, we'll give them a fucking good fight. The zombies have probably conquered most of the country, and whether they like it or not, we're gonna take it back, one horde at a time. The incoming horde will crumble beneath our mighty rifles, and..." he looked at Xaldin, "...toothpicks. No longer will they slowly wear away at our defenses. This is the day where we win! This is the day where they die!"

Pretty good speech, if I say so myself.

Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais dos. (6:02 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

"I don't know to you people but to be honest, Hitomi's right. If we just stay here, we might also die here. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. However, I'm not saying that we should relax but so far, this is the only place we know we could stay, even if I don't like to admit it to myself." I give out my opinion after being silent for a while, while eating my breakfast, which is a can of ham. I miss rice nowadays.

After I took another bite of ham, I added "If we must move out of this place, we must first know where should we be going. We must find that place before moving out of here. Also, we must find a way to retreat back here if ever that place will be overrun by zombies. But as for now? This is our place, and what we need to do now is to find food and uh....a new shelter, before moving out of here."

RacingeR
October 31st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Team 4 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM

The team had been talking only for some minutes, discussng what to do.

However, those minutes were all the time they needed. While Leonard's words still hinged in the air, a titanic howl was heard from the outside. And then, there was a hit in the front of the fortress, and the whole National Guard building trembled upon the impact. After that hit, another one followed, and another. Something was trying to break through the entrenchment, rather slowly, but ever approaching.

The Zombies where here.

Helias
October 31st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:05 am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 4: REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD

Everything was fine for Francis. He had finally calmed down from his state of panic, and he was back to normal.

And then he heard the crashes.

"AAAAAAH!" And now the panic starts. "I knew it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew that we were all gonna die! We're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die!"

After a few seconds, he tried to calm himself down. It's okay, Francis, it's okay. We aren't going to die. We're fine. There are just some zombies at the door, lusting for our flesh. It's okay.

He took a deep breath, and spoke up again. "Well, it looks like I had a reason to panic earlier. So, what the hell do we do now? Not like we can run anywhere." I look towards Xaldin, and pass him the knife I used to open our cans of meat. "Here, take this. Anything's better than those toothpicks."

Xaldin
October 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Xaldin
6:05 am
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4: REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD


He took a deep breath, and spoke up again. "Well, it looks like I had a reason to panic earlier. So, what the hell do we do now? Not like we can run anywhere." I look towards Xaldin, and pass him the knife I used to open our cans of meat. "Here, take this. Anything's better than those toothpicks."

"Hey, don't knock the 'picks, man." I replied, taking the knife and flipping it around my right hand before stopping it upside down, the blade pointing downwards. "Regardless, I'm much obliged." I smirked and looked down the hallway that lead to the front entrance. "Anyways, looks like trouble's already here. We can talk about leaving or going after we deal with these fucks. Or perhaps it's just one big fuck, it certainly sounds big. Anyways, let's go check it out and see what we're up against, eh?"

I started a light jog to the upper levels of the NG building, and went on the 2nd floor just above the entrance. There was a window I could look out of, so I brought my face to the glass and looked down to see what we were up against...

Ivan The Mouse
October 31st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais singko. (6:05 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4 (REV. DEATH)

"Ahhhh, the bastards are here again. Just when someone was talking about moving out of this place." I then greedily eat all the ham out of the can. It seems that our day is starting again, and I must deal with them. They try to knock us out of our burrows and we will just answer them, in the way that they could understand clearly. They ruined the morning for us, so we try to ruin their asses.

I quickly head back to my room to grab my bag and rifle. If the zombies are going to destroy this place today, then I will have to say goodbye to the bed. I then came back to the front door of Hitomi's room, just to follow Xal. I always have a hard time in pronouncing his name, so it sounds as "Sal" as I speak it. We then watched and observed what the fuck are we exactly facing.

Sei
October 31st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Asuhito Hitomi
6:05 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

HITOMI didn't say anything the whole time the scene unfolded. She didn't have to. Those things had come for them yet again and now it was likely too late to get out of dodge. Had we left before, even if we'd ran into the horde, we'd have more room to move. That's what I'd like to think anyways.

But I think in a way, this is what HITOMI wanted. Killing is the proof of her existence, so to run would go against her nature. She has to kill people in order to live. Because if I didn't need to kill, I wouldn't need HITOMI. So as much as I hate it, we have to kill again.

"This is why...I don't like working with happy people..." I speak quietly to myself, "What a cold thing to say," And HITOMI instantly mocks me, "No one said you had to work with them. But the fact of the matter is you're a sad little parasite. You need these people to live, but they'd do just fine without you."

So don't complain. Those are the unspoken words which spill from her mind to mine. They're very painful words to hear...

Casting me aside, HITOMI continues on to meet up with the others, bearing a sadistic grin on her face. While she aided in scouting the area, I could do nothing but keep my thoughts to myself.

"We shouldn't assume they're just coming at us from the front. We should prepare for the worst case scenario too and assume they're behind and above us as well," HITOMI does a quick check of her gun and the spare rounds in her carrying bag, "Since this place has more than one floor, it may be a good idea to destroy the stairs and position ourselves on higher ground. That way, we can pick off the slower ones from above and better isolate the more advanced ones here. At the very least, it could prove to slow the enemy down. Is there a ladder anywhere?"

HITOMI automatically enters a strategic mode. I'm not sure how valid her destructive tactics are, but at the very least they give me something to focus on aside from the impending threat. I wonder if that's how she feels too...?

xelloss
October 31st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Kariya Matou
6:03 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

What the fuck. That was WAY too damn fast. Kariya honestly ouldn't blame Mark for not taking the shot when the super zouke appeared out of nowhere. Of course, they should take the shot as soon as they could, before it-


"Good morning, my fine compatriots! I do wish you all slept well in this dismal town."

What.

The.

Fuck. It talked. There's something wrong about that. And everybody was answering it. Better try and stick with the group. Maybe it wouldn't attack if they were polite.

“Well, last night was okay... was a little hungry going to bed, though.”

Right, last night was when they had carefully rationed out some of the last of their supplies. Dinner hadn't been much, and neither had breakfast. And now, there was nothing left. Kariya's stomach growled lightly, reminding him of that fact.

RacingeR
October 31st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Team 4 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM

As the team decided their strategy, Leonard and Xaldin ran the stairs towards the second floor of the three floor building. The floor and ceiling trembled upon the vigorous hits caused by whatever was on the front, making light debris fall over the shoulders of the two men as they made the way to the window. And upon reaching it, their eyes gazed upon a spectacle capable of making war veterans cringe in horror.

The gigantic zombie was hulked out, impossible muscles bursting out omnidirectionally, horrendous bulging veins composing a grotesque, enormous body that seemed like an engine of pure destruction. Jutting out of the horrendous, deform mass, a little bald head looked upwards, its eyes covered with a red mist of fury, and it roared, a noise so horrendously powerful that knocked the two back with its very strength. The creature, with arm so big that could qualify as a siege weapon by itself, charged forward, punching through the already weakened barricade in front of him like it was made of paper, and advanced.

But that was not the worst.

Becuase roaring to the other side... there was another of those creatures, its immense form towering above the little group of shamblers trying to claw through the dense defenses. The two titans of wrath and death advanced, punching through the obstacles. Yet, despite their enormous power, they were moving forward slowly. The entrenchment was deep, and the barricades were well made, and extremely sturdy, as was the building itself, reinforced through the years. Yet... that slow march was truly inexorable.


Enemy encountered: TANK

And in that instant, the lights went out.

Mormarth
October 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
GENTLEZOMBIE
6:03 AM
Hope you're lucky~

He smiled, cheered by the responses, usually such survivors ran screaming in the other direction, or soiled themselves, this group had done neither, and in fact, cordially returned his greeting!

How very interesting. But, repressing the thought to hold idle chat, he cleared his throat, "I say, have any of you fine young men and women seen any particularly special teas? My friend and I are in dire need of some high quality teabags, and we would be most displeased if anything had happened to it."

Then, glancing around conspiratorially, he leaned in closer, "You know, it would probably be best to find some, my friend has a dreadful temper, and going back without would likely cause quite the fight."

He grinned, "However, I shall assist you in this endeavor, I hear a most upset person is skulking about the area, and it would be best to have some company, no?"

GENTLEZOMBIE JOINED THE PARTY

GOT SIDEQUEST "TEA FOR TWO GENTLEMEN."

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 07:15 PM
Teimei Terakawa
6:03 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

A zombie... that not only talks, but is... looking for tea, thought Teimei. Uh... well, he seems like a nice zombie. "I don't see a problem with it, I suppose," Teimei said, shrugging. "But, do you know where a good place to find tea would be? We didn't see any in the store we were in, and that's pretty much cleaned out. But, we haven't ventured out much, and you probably know the town better than we do, so are there any stashes you need help getting to?"

Xaldin
October 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
Xaldin
6:06 am
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4: REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD

"Weeeeeeeeeell..." I say, looking down at what looks like an uber muscle guy that got injected with more steroids, testosterone, and any other performance enhancer that every guy in every sports league has ever taken put together. And his twin brother. "This'll friggin' suck. Now I can't go down there 'cuz those two would just rip me apart. >_>" I frowned, somewhat depressed.

"Anyways, Hitomi's plan sounds good. There should be a ladder on the 3rd floor in that maintenance closet or whatever. Pretty sure there was a long one and a small one." I liked to check out a place when I'm there to see what all goodies are around in case of, well, something like this. "Oh..." I turned to Frank, "And before he has a chance to start..."

I then grabbed Frank by his shirt with the fingers that also hold the knife and repeatedly slapped him about 4 times. "We're gonna be fine, don't freak out, and if you do I'll take the gun away toss ya into the zombie horde. Sorry to be mean, but we really don't have time right now." Of course I wouldn't ever REALLY toss him to the horde no matter how bad he flipped out, but we really can't have one of our gunners stalling us here. Provided it isn't more of him screaming about dying, I'll let go of his shirt whenever he responds.

Helias
October 31st, 2011, 09:33 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:06 am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 4: REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSH ITSHITTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK WE'RE GONNA FUCKING DIE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Somehow, Francis managed to suppress his overwhelming urge to scream, in fear of being fed to the monsters in front of him for screaming loud enough to wake the dead1.


I then grabbed Frank by his shirt with the fingers that also hold the knife and repeatedly slapped him about 4 times. "We're gonna be fine, don't freak out, and if you do I'll take the gun away toss ya into the zombie horde. Sorry to be mean, but we really don't have time right now." Of course I wouldn't ever REALLY toss him to the horde no matter how bad he flipped out, but we really can't have one of our gunners stalling us here. Provided it isn't more of him screaming about dying, I'll let go of his shirt whenever he responds.

"Ow, that hurt, you bastard," I berated him, "I already calmed down, don't worry. Now then, we really should head to that maintenance closet." I took a deep breath, and continued talking. "Now, there's one problem." I turned to Xaldin. "Where's the fucking maintenance closet? You seem to know about it, so you must know where it is."

Erlkonig
October 31st, 2011, 09:40 PM
GentleTank
6:03 AM
I dare say, I am fancying a cup of Earl Grey.

Amidst the crowds of Zombies at the Shopping Mall, there stood a being on the coffee shop. Of immense height, this giant possessed hulking muscles and a tough skin which seemed to be as tough as metal. A huge tophat rested on his head, and his large monocle was correctly placed over his right eye. Dressed in an impeccable suit (XXXXXXL sized), the being waited patiently.

"Quite an exhausting thing, waiting is. My throat is thirsting for a cup of Earl Grey. Alas, the stocks of Earl Grey at the mall have been emptied, and now my good old chap GentleZombie must quest for the heavenly tea." Shaking his head, GentleTank sighed sadly. "I do hope he does not run into any trouble, having to wait would be most stressing, and would do no good to my gentlemanly visage."

Readjusting his monocle, GentleTank waited. And as he waited, his thirst grew...

RacingeR
October 31st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:03 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

Oh well, if the ultra fast and powerful zombie wanted to tag along, Liz was not going to stop him. The world was dead and out to eat her, and to tell the truth, she had started to become immune to strange things. "Well, if you wish, though like Teimei said, we don't know where we could get any tea. We just got here one week ago, and have been closed in that store..."

As she spoke calmly, the redhead examined the surroundings again. It did not seem like any shambler was suddenly going to approach from the shadows, and that zombie did not seem like it was going to kill them, but Liz did not let her guard down, ever vigilant of her surroundings. As far as she was concerned, wether that gentleman... zombie... thingie tagged along or not was irrelevant, until he showed his usefulness in this situation.

Xaldin
October 31st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Xaldin
6:06 am
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4: REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD


"Ow, that hurt, you bastard," I berated him, "I already calmed down, don't worry. Now then, we really should head to that maintenance closet." I took a deep breath, and continued talking. "Now, there's one problem." I turned to Xaldin. "Where's the fucking maintenance closet? You seem to know about it, so you must know where it is."

"3rd floor my friend, just as I said." I replied. "Onward, to THIS direction!" I proudly announced, pointing back towards the stairs leading to the 3rd floor. "If I recall correctly, it's on the northwest corner of the 3rd floor." And with that, I sprinted towards up the stairs and towards the closet and found the door labeled "MAINTENANCE" on it, throwing it open. Stuff was litered on the floor, but most of the big and more useful junk was left where it was before the zombie shit happened. I glanced around and found mah target, a fairly long ladder that could cover the distance of a floor. Phew, thank God I was right. Woulda sucked if I couldn't have found this thing.

"Alright," I turned back to who ever all followed me, "Ladder's here. I assume we'll be using it for after we blow the stairs away to get down, right? Speaking of which, what do we have to blow up the stairs with again? Also, at least one of us should really start, oh I dunno, shooting."

Ivan The Mouse
November 1st, 2011, 04:14 AM
Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais sais. (6:06 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4 (REV. DETSQD)

Tanks. I hated those fucking bastards. I never knew that Tanks will exist in real life, in the same way I treated the zombies as simply a survivalist metaphor for any disaster. I saw one of them smash Melvin with a car, and I really want to take revenge for him. But alas, I can't because we still have no idea how to kill the bastards easily, and the only way we could take them down is lots of bullets. That is, if we will still have enough bullets to take down a horde afterward.

We have no choice but to fight them. I follow Xal and Francis to the maintenance room to take a ladder. He said that we need to destroy the stairs. I then tell them "Uh, Xal, why don't we just go to the rooftop? Maybe the only way we could get there is by a ladder already installed. Then maybe we don't have to destroy the stairs, right? Also, if we really have uh...explosives to blow down the stairs, then why couldn't we use that to kill the tanks instead?"

Xaldin
November 1st, 2011, 07:42 AM
Xaldin
6:06 am
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4: REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD



We have no choice but to fight them. I follow Xal and Francis to the maintenance room to take a ladder. He said that we need to destroy the stairs. I then tell them "Uh, Xal, why don't we just go to the rooftop? Maybe the only way we could get there is by a ladder already installed. Then maybe we don't have to destroy the stairs, right? Also, if we really have uh...explosives to blow down the stairs, then why couldn't we use that to kill the tanks instead?"

"I'unno, it ain't my plan." I respond, shrugging, "It's Hitomi's idea, so I say let her do whatever."

xelloss
November 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Kariya Matou
6:03 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Kariya had absolutely no idea how to respond to that. Zouke that was intellgient? Zouke that wanted tea?! ZOUKE THAT WAS JOINING THE GROUP?! Was he still dreaming or something?

Kariya pinched himself. He didn't seem to wake up.

“Uh... Alright, sure, you can come with us.” he said, still disoriented from the insanity that his life had taken a turn for.

Airen
November 1st, 2011, 08:34 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
6:03 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

...So the zombie wanted to join them, huh? Such an occurrence basically violated everything he knew about zombies, all the invaluable evidence that had sustained him through this whole zombie apocalypse issue. Honestly, a zombie joining the group was so far from what he had expected that he couldn't really think of anything clever to say in response, he couldn't even think of a good way to object to the idea...

Well... That wasn't exactly true, if he really wanted too, he could probably think of something...

But that zombie might attack them if he did, so-

He accepted the idea instead of rebelling against it.

"If everyone else is fine with the idea, then I guess I don't have an issue with it."

RacingeR
November 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Team 4 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM


Roll: 15

As you climbed thowards the 3rd floor, and discussed between yourselves, a massive roar was heard, and then there was a tremor that made the building shake yet again, as the Tank farthest tank punched an entire barricade away. Fragments of bent wood and steel, complimented by your ocassional hapless shambler, rained everywhere, as the monster advanced more towards your position. It was obvious that as long as it remained unhindered, the defenses wouldn't hold.


Roll: 3

The second Tank, the one nearer, working in the densest defenses, a massive barricade of now irrecognizable mobiliary that had been made by the survivors that occupied the place before your arrival, seemingly got caught in something. It let out a deafening howl, and started to shake and move angrily, yet somehow pinned down by whatever had caught their feet. Maybe it was time to mount a counter-offensive.

The group remembered when they got to that place. They had found bones and blood everywhere in the front of the enormous defenses that had been made with almost perfect craftmanship, suggesting that the last survivor group had been ambushed outside of their defenses. And those Tanks... they seemed a reasonable explanation for that bloody sight.

2ndsly
November 1st, 2011, 11:41 PM
Rick Redfield
Base Team Three
Between Moments

It was a small whim. It came to Rick between thoughts of Tactics and Strategy. What had just happened outside combined with a hundred other little things finally convinced him. His hammer was alive.

It sounded impossible. But a half year ago he would have said the same thing about zombies. Once the dead started rising from the grave, 'impossible' became irreverent. So, given the evidence, Rick was forced to conclude that his hammer was, in fact, sentient in some fashion. And in this moment of frantic preparation, he was force to wonder 'How? '.

No matter how alive it was, it had not always been so. Therefore, it must have gained it's sentience sometime since he'd started wielding it. What had changed?

It's use?
It's shape?
It's spirit? Could it have been given it's soul.
...

In his use of it, in his modifying it, could he have put bits of himself into the tool? Could those bits have grown into something alive in their own right?

Maybe.

As a sentient being, it deserved a name.
Most weapons are given names to match. Venom. Avalanche. Justice. Dauntless. Yet, if his weapon's sentience came from him, what would it mean to name it for battle?

Hammers could build or destroy. With all the Death and Destruction abounding this new world, perhaps a different type of name was called for.

In this time between moments, in the calm before the storm, Rick Redfield named his warhammer Azure Skies.

Chaos Greyblood
November 1st, 2011, 11:49 PM
Alberto
Team 3 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:02 AM

How the hell did it come to this? Where did it all go wrong?

Alberto asks himself these questions as he looks at his surroudings after he woke up. It all seemed as though things happened so fast the outbreak came quickly in one day, or so he feels. One moment, things were going okay and it looked like it was going to be a nice day as he just started to travel to see some people he'd like to meet. In another moment, BAM! Everything seems to have gone to hell when zombies of various kinds popped out of the woodwork. What the hell just happened to this city?! When did this become an undead epidemic on this particular journey he's doing?!

If only there was something he could do... For now, all he had for weapons were these alluminum baseball bats he found. They can hurt pretty bad when swung nicely, but he'd be dreaming if he was going to survive with only these. He may have to find and hoard as many resources as he can possibly get or else he'll be dead. He looked up towards those he counts as companions and just had to ask the question.

"You guys have some kind of plan? Do you think this place will hold out until someone comes to get us out of this freaky place?"

Yun
November 2nd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Arturia Alva
6:03 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 3

Rising from her state of half asleep that was a habit developed long before the zombie apocalypse by a warning yell from one of her fellow survivors turned companion. Quickly donning her black gloves and shirt from sheer habit Arturia than fastened the leather strap containing her long sword’s scabbard over her left shoulder halting to test her draw angle while glossing over her apparel for anything else that could potentially get her killed when dealing with zombies.

Jogging to the front door Arturia caught the end of the brief conversation between Rick and Adam clearing her throat before calmly addressing her companions.

“Taking into consideration our current weapon arsenal, location and the fact that we don't know how many Zombies are coming I believe the most prudent course of action would be to vacate the premise preferably in the direction directly opposite of the oncoming menace that leads to a weapon stash or way of increasing our odds of survival, the first step in my plan would be for Rick to go wake up our exhausted friend and meet us back here while me and Adam grab our supplies”

After allowing her companions a few precious seconds to consider her plan "That is assuming neither of you gentlemen have any objections to my suggested course of action?"

Chaos Greyblood
November 2nd, 2011, 02:01 AM
Alberto
Team 3 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:03 AM

"My one question is this: Do you think that thing's alone?"

Alberto blurted out this question as he just came to see the others. It looks like there was already a plan and he overheard some of it. According to what the young woman said, there's one of these creatures stalking the area and while it's only one, it's possible they don't want to waste resources in killing just one of these creatures. Of course, there's a possibility it's not the only thing lurking from God knows where. Getting supplies is ideal, but what they need to look at is a map so that they can sort out some alterative routes.

Maybe there are also survivors inside the premises. If they can reach them too, everyone should cooperate. Everyone's ass is on the line after all.

"If we got a map, we should probably give it a quick once-over and see if there are safe routes we can take. Knowing which place is which is important thanks to the amounts of space and whatever items we can find. Also, do you think there are survivors just like us?"

Mormarth
November 2nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Gentlezombie - Temporarily Team 2 (ALTERATION)
6:04 AM
With Team 2


The sharply dressed zombie clapped his gloved hands, "Splendid! Now, we must be off, my poor friend must be rather unhappy, and we should get a move on, hm?"

He then reached into his coat, and produced a small map, "Ah! I see I've read it wrong, eyes are getting just dreadful in this climate.. damnation! Can't see a thing.." He grumbled with frustration, and shoved the map at one of your number, "Here! See if you can read it."

The person in question asks for the address of the establishment, it is given, and you are on the move!

"Be careful!" The... Gentlezombie warns you, "That is a frightfully close area to the town center, you do know what's there, don't you?"

Indeed, the center of town, formerly a large shopping center, is now the headquarters for the local horde. Good thing your group is so well equipped...

6:20 AM

Suddenly, the zombie holds up a hand, and you collapse, exhausted, he's lead you close to the shoppe where his treasured tea is held, unfortunately, he appears to have a poor grasp of your endurance, he glances back and grins sheepishly.


ROLL: 3

But, he quickly frowns, "Do you hear that?" You strain your ears to hear what he is speaking of, then...!

Snarls emanate from a nearby alley, and 3 Runners sprint at you! A deafening howl echos through the alleyway, and a brute hurtles down at you!!

Luckily, Gentlezombie has decided to step in, "Hold right there, sir!" He says to the brute, holding the berserk zombie at bay, "This is not a fair contest, hows about you give me a warm up?"

Then, he proceeds to throw the Tank down a nearby street and vanishes after it, laughing. But, you have more important things to worry about, don't you?

Melee Attackers get -3 to hit, due to exhaustion.

xelloss
November 2nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Kariya Matou
6:20 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

Well, this wasn't good. At least the Tank was dealt with already, by whatever the hell the talking zouke was, but...

Runners were bad. Especially so when you were too tired to run away. They had to fight. Which Elizabeth and Teimei appeared to be in no condition to do so after walking so far after the tireless undead guy.

Still, they had 2 people with guns. They should be able to deal with 3 ordinary Runners before they reached them. Kariya quickly opened fire on the incoming zouke's.

Blackdeath6031
November 2nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
Anthony Stonnes
6:04am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

What, Tony thought with his mouth agape.
I know he was helping me, but does this guy have no tact? At least show some respect to the ladies even if you plan to watch.


....Wait.
Then he stopped and tried to remember what Johnny said.

Zombies? Know where we are?
Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

Knowing that they'll have to move soon means that they have to pack. And packing means all valuables go together into a compact bag.

Where's Ensui and Enkou?

So obviously Anthony's first thought was to look for his treasured weapons.

....
...
..
.
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FU-
Oh, wait. They're sashed onto my waist. Phew.

Yun
November 3rd, 2011, 05:18 AM
Arturia Alva
6:03 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 3

Nodding to Alberto and listening to his questions while hashing together a plan. Having finalized the important immediate parts of the plan Arturia cleared her throat before addressing her companions “We don't have a map, the mutated zombie from what Rick mentioned about its method of travel is probably a Hunter and even if it's alone more will come as they see it moving somewhere with a purpose or catch our scent therefore Gentlemen we're exiting this house through the backdoor but first let's grab our supplies from the kitchen while I explain the plan so far”

With that she moved through the living room and into the kitchen grabbing and buckling her backpack containing a portion of the team's supplies while explaining the Plan. “We'll through the backyard here and out into the side street searching for either weapons or a defensible position that can serve as a base.” Moving to the backdoor halting to glance out the window for any zombies outside. “I'll take point Adam stay close to me, Alberto you'll follow him while supporting Rick if necessary while keeping a eye out for that Hunter and lastly Rick you'll be watching our rear for zombies. Just remember to stick together and follow the Rules ”

Having seen no zombies in the yard Arturia unlocked the door pushing it open waiting for a moment to listen for anything and having heard nothing cautiously moved through the yard taking a right at a side road and finally taking a left on the road in a attempt to get away from the pursuing zombies.

Airen
November 5th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
6:20 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Team Out of Bubblegum

Well, the talking zombie had proved his worth by hurling a tank down a nearby street, a sight that, once again, violated all evidence Mark had about the zombies that populated this area.

Still, they weren't out of the clear yet.

Raising his handgun as if he was pointing out the contradictions in a witnesses argument, Mark took aim at the three runners, and prepared to present the irrefutable evidence known as bullets. Restraining the small part of him that wanted to shout objection, Mark, like Kariya, opened fire on the incoming Runners.

2ndsly
November 5th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Rick Redfield
6:03 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Three

"Gentlemen we're exiting this house through the backdoor but first let's grab our supplies from the kitchen while I explain the plan so far."

Rick's relief at having someone rally the group was almost visible. He'd spent so long alone that he no longer knew how to interact with others. He quickly followed Arturia into he kitchen and grabed his pack. As he slung it over his shoulders he couldn't help but quietly scoff at his eagerness. If nothing else, Arturia seemed to have gained a henchman in him.


“We'll through the backyard here and out into the side street searching for either weapons or a defensible position that can serve as a base. I'll take point, Adam stay close to me, Alberto you'll follow him while supporting Rick if necessary while keeping a eye out for that Hunter and lastly Rick you'll be watching our rear for zombies. Just remember to stick together and follow the Rules ”

"Roger." Rick's acknowledgment sounded tacky to his own ears, but it was the first to come to mind. He also had to wonder if his eagerness for rear guard was another sign of henchism. He quickly discarded the thought in favor of preparedness.

Gripping the newly named Azure Skies snugly, Rick felt as ready as he ever would.

Mormarth
November 5th, 2011, 11:08 PM
@Team 2
6:20 AM


The Runners bolted at you, their snarls echoing through the alley, you could see their faces, emaciated and covered in blood, two were men, one broad and muscled, the other not looking out of place in a cubicle, even as a maggot wriggled through his nostril. But the third... was a child, barely 7 or 8 years old, and a girl, her face partially rotted off as her eyeball dangled from its socket and bounced as she leaped.

You opened fire, inwardly wincing at the horrid sight, but continuing to fight.

Kariya was the first to fire, eyes narrowing at the sight of the things that reminded him of his grandfather, he aimed at the White-collar "zouke" first, as its maggot looked strikingly like his grandfather.


Roll: 18

His shot took the zouke in the chest, the powerful blast annihilating most of its lower body, the Runner howled in pain as it fell from the wall, now twitching on the ground. It seems like it's near death, not much more work needed, as you shifted your shotgun for another go..

Mark was next up to bat, staring the zombies down like a stubborn witness, and his pistol rose like an accusing finger, determined to defend his clien- er, team, and he fired,


Roll: 19

The pistol round soared through the air, like a finishing statement that would reveal the criminal's true nature. It seemed to zero in on the Runner's head, and as the round entered its rotting skull, you shouted,

"OBJECTION!" (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5347810)

The Runner collapsed to the ground, clearly defeated by the might of your logic, that a pistol round, entering a skull, would clearly eliminate a target.
*sunglasses*
Overruled.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SeiKeo
November 5th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Teimei Terakawa
6:20 AM

Bullets from the two shooters utterly shred two of the incoming zombies. Excellent, thought Teimei. Not only did this leave less danger for Liz and her... it meant that she could do something crazier. "Batter up!" she yelled, hauling the hammer back, and pitching her body forward, throwing the hammer through the air straight at the running zombie.

RacingeR
November 6th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:20 AM

Liz had barely managed to see what had happened. That intelligent zombie had charged against the biggest Tank she had seen in the 4 months of zombie apocalypse. Even then, he could hear the noise of the two monsters fighting outside her view. Exhaustion dominated her body, and her limbs felt heavy.

Horrendous screams had warned them, and the three fast zombies had entered the fray, still far away from her and Teimei's weapons. She recognized the sprinting creatures, what she had dubbed "Runners" in those months of strife. Liz had seen how one of them teared apart a solder limb for limb before anyone could even react. Without exchanging any words, the two girls agreed, and moved in a closer position, trying to serve as a chokepoint against the incoming zeds, and give enough time for their two sharpshooters to fire.

And they did not even need to bother. Two shots, two fallen. One who was destroyed by a bullet in the head, other that lost his lower body and was left crippled, "dying". Only the zombie of the broad and muscled zombie was left. Teimei did not doubt in pulling a move that Liz would have classified as crazy under most circumstances, as the girl hauled the hammer back, and then, with some effort, sent the powerful weapon flying directly towards the Runner's face. A shadow of a smile appeared on the redhead's face, as her body sunk low, and she moved with an impressive agility, even as exhausted as she was.

The plan was simple: she had already seen those kinds of zombie avoid incoming objects, and that meant that if this particular foe wanted to dodge the incoming missile, it would have to move to the sides, or to duck. Wielding her two swords, Liz sealed the zombie's routes of escape with two swings meant to cut the creature in half.

Mormarth
November 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
@ Team 2
6:20 AM

The broad Runner seemed to roar in anger, perhaps in anger for its fallen comrades? But no matter, he charged at you, slipping past the twitching body of the child, and he leaped!


Roll: 3

Just barely dodging a thrown hammer, truly if the hammer had struck, it would have smashed its head clean open, leaving its rotten brains to leak across the pavement. But, that was not all the Runner had to take into accord..


Roll: 19

Liz moved in like a trained killer, zeroing in on the Runner's moment of imbalance, then, she struck. The twin swords flew through the air, a guillotine, to the Runner's Marie Antoinette, slicing its rotten insides apart like a filet. The Runner howled as it became.. lesser, then the swords curved upwards, slicing through dead meat and bone, and ending at the skull. The ex-Runner, now sliced in two, collapsed to the ground, dead for good.

Teimei moved to the twitching Runner, grumbling as she recovered her hammer, she slung it across her shoulders, used to the awesome weapon she had uncovered in the ruins of a military base. She raised it up above the zombie's head, and it stopped, seeming to know that it was, indeed, Hammertime. CRUNCH!

Now that the zombies were dead, you wondered how your undead ally was faring in his fight...

Gentlezombie
6:20

The well-dressed cadaver danced too and fro from its angry attacker, cackling in the beginning, bouncing here and there, yet as the fight grew on, he became bored. Gentlezombie leaped backwards, and glared at the hulking monstrosity.

"My good sir, you are clearly not a worthy bout, but since my new compatriots seem to have almost finished, I simply cannot let this be. I must finish this bout now, or not at all. Now, please die."

The brute appeared to contest this statement, barreling at the mannerly zombie with a force that overturned a freight train! The brute lifted its mighty paw, and with a roar that shook the earth itself, it brought it down, sure to crush Gentlezombie!

But, it was not to be, a gloved hand blurred through the air, catching the mighty arm and holding it in place, the Brute growled in surprise, then attempted to jerk the arm out. The hand jerked, and the arm, CAME OFF. The Brute screamed in pain, stumbling backwards, now insane with pain and anger, it lunged once more, and Gentlezombie dropped the arm, and tensed for a moment, then shouted out,

"FAALLCOOONNNNN..."

The brute was with in a foot, and Gentlezombie's arm flashed out, with all of the devastating force of a god.

"PUNCH!"

Glass within a mile shattered, the Team further back covered their ears at the sonic boom, the other teams across the city looked up in surprise. Zombies across Williamette growled at the presence of a god amongst the undead, Gentletank, within the mall, grumbled, "I wish he'd hurry up and stop showing off."

The Brute simply ceased to exist, the punch had collided with its body so fast, it atomized, spare bits flicked off of the wall, incinerated by the intense heat and force. Gentlezombie shook his arm, "My word, I really do not know my own strength, I haven't tried that hard since...."

Shaking off memories, he traveled back to the team, grinning, he informed them, "The store is just down the way now, come on!"

2ndsly
November 6th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Rick Redfield
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Three
6:03AM
BOOOOM
The titanic noise forcibly pulled Rick's attention from his task, if only briefly.
While truly worrying in it's implications, it seemed less revelent when compaired to their current issues.

Still, his hands tightened upon Azure Skies ever so slightly.

xelloss
November 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Kariya Matou
6:20 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Base Ext, Team Out of Bubblegum

Kariya reslung his shotgun, happy that no one had gotten hurt. “Well, that wasn't nearly as bad as it could have gone. Now where is that other zouke-”

Boom.

“...Wha... What as that?!” Kariya said loudly. Well, he probably thought it was at a normal volume, but his hearing had taken a bit of a shock after that sonic boom. It was, quite simply, unexpected. But whatever had just happened, it had sent sound across the entire city. Zoukes would have definitely heard it, and if past experience was any indicator, they'd be on their way.

“We... we need to hide, find some place to-”

Kariya was interrupted yet again by the Gentlezombie.


"The store is just down the way now, come on!"

Dumbfounded, Kariya followed after their... “friend”.

Ace
November 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Adam Salvatore
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team Three
6:03AM

Adam followed Arturia obediently carrying backup loaded with some of their supplies. She was definitely someone you could rely on. She carried herself like a true warrior and well, she was the one carrying that impressive sword of hers. You wouldn't want to cross a woman like that. Adam felt a lot safer now that the whole team had woke up and was ready for combat. He didn't exactly think of himself as the greatest fighter especially since his makeshift weapon was hardly what one might call good.

Since they were trying to sneak out of their base this wasn't the best time to talk so Adam kept his mouth shut. Hopefully they'd be able to keep quiet long enough to escape...

... which was when a loud explosion rang out.

That was certainly going to attract attention. With any luck the zombies would be drawn towards the noise and far away from Adam and the others.

zlol365
November 9th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:04am
Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

What, Tony thought with his mouth agape.
I know he was helping me, but does this guy have no tact? At least show some respect to the ladies even if you plan to watch.


....Wait.
Then he stopped and tried to remember what Johnny said.

Zombies? Know where we are?
Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

Knowing that they'll have to move soon means that they have to pack. And packing means all valuables go together into a compact bag.

Where's Ensui and Enkou?

So obviously Anthony's first thought was to look for his treasured weapons.

....
...
..
.
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FU-
Oh, wait. They're sashed onto my waist. Phew.

Johnny Valdez
6:04am
Williamete, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

"Boy, Keep your calm. The only way to supress fear is not to think about dying, but to think about the important matter at hand. Plus the zombies are not here.... but It seems they are onto us."

Johnny closed his eyes and said, "Therefore if you could rush the two girls along into getting ready soon... or we could wait for them to be done. Either way, we need to make haste.. And then we need to map out a route out of this town. I will try and handle this.... And try to grab whatever supplies in here as much as possible... this maybe a long difficult way out of this dead town."

then he went back to looking at the map.

Chaos Greyblood
November 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Alberto
Team 3 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:04 AM

"Then I guess we're set. Should we move out now or do we have something to eat? Can't run well with an empty stomach!"

And he did wonder if they were going to find some food that was at least edible and in good quality. Getting out of here alive wasn't going to be easy, but if they can sidestep whatever creature is trying to kill them, there shouldn't be any problems. Survivors should also be around somewhere...

"This is gonna be a rocky morning."

2ndsly
November 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Rick Redfield
Team 3 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:04 AM

"Then I guess we're set. Should we move out now or do we have something to eat? Can't run well with an empty stomach!"

Rick did his best not to express his exasperation, but he wasn't sure if he succeeded or not.

Quickly moving his mind to more important matters (i.e. survival), he tossed a meal bar at Alberto's head. Not really caring if he caught it or not.

Mormarth
November 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
@Team 3
6:05 AM

You moved slowly down the narrow street, ears constantly perked for any groans, or any noise at all.


Roll: 20 (WHAT)

The trip is surprisingly uneventful, and you appear to have lost the zombies on your tails, you could hear the Runner's howls of anger at their prey escaping them behind you. That large explosion or whatever it was must have drawn the attention of the hordes. The alleyway you've slipped into opens up ahead, what could await you?


Roll: 16

It's a large store, zombies appear to have vacated the area for the most part, though you can hear a stray shambler or two off in the distance. The group quickly ducks inside the manager's office, there is a map on the wall, perhaps you will be able to plot a destination from here?

[This store is a searchable area, you can try and find a better weapon here. High weapon rollers shouldn't expect anything for a while. Beware, your search may draw unwanted attention.]

OBJECTIVE COMPLETED [GTFO]

Airen
November 10th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
6:20 AM
Outskirts of Williamette, Colorado
Team Out of Bubblegum

Mark slowly lowered his pistol as the last of the zombies were finished by Liz, his eyes automatically checking for any other zombies that may have appeared while they had been occupied with the runners.

He didn't see anything-

BOOM!


But, clutching his ears at the sudden, seemingly random appearance of a sonic boom, he immediatly realized that this was probably not going to be the case for much longer. Zombies were attracted to sound, all the evidence that he had acquired about the creatures proved without a shred of doubt that this was an undeniable fact. So-

They needed to find shelter... Get out of the streets...Now!

“We... we need to hide, find some place to-”

Kariya seemed to have reached the same conclusion.


"The store is just down the way now, come on!"

But the new party member didn't seem to be too worried about it...

Still-

"Alright, let's go. We need to get off the streets...!"

There was a possibility that the store would make a good shelter, so he followed after Kariya and the zombie at a hurried pace, silently motioning for the rest of the team to follow after them.

Katie
November 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Jade Jackson
6:04am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

This is not my day... One, I'm trapped in the shower with a chick I don't even know and OHGODTHISISWAYTOOCLOSEFORCOMFORT. I wish I had more than an inch of space away from Zoey in this thing...


"Do whatever you need to do quick. I believe we need to move out from here before we all get surrounded. Some zombies already are catching onto the fact that there are survivors here."

I scream. Goddamnit, doesn't anybody have a fucking sense of privacy!? I mean, first me, um, being in this situation, and now this! What the hell!?

I sigh, and get out of the shower, my hair still soaking wet. I grab my towel, dry myself off, put on some clothes, and grab my gun before packing up all my stuff. Putting on my backpack, I barge out of the room, holding my rifle.

I glare at the bastard who has no sense of modesty, and then I take a few more breaths to calm down. Rage can win a fight or lose it.

"I'm done. Ready to go?"

zlol365
November 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Johnny Valdez
6:04am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri


"I'm done. Ready to go?"

He stopped whatever he did, and then said, "Yeah. We have a route somewhat planned. Apparently, some shamblers dropepd by, so i went in to warn you all. My bad for this."

He then picked up his sack and loaded in a few catridges for his sniper rifle.

"Lets go."

Sei
November 10th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Team 4 Base
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM

As you climbed thowards the 3rd floor, and discussed between yourselves, a massive roar was heard, and then there was a tremor that made the building shake yet again, as the Tank farthest tank punched an entire barricade away. Fragments of bent wood and steel, complimented by your ocassional hapless shambler, rained everywhere, as the monster advanced more towards your position. It was obvious that as long as it remained unhindered, the defenses wouldn't hold.

The second Tank, the one nearer, working in the densest defenses, a massive barricade of now irrecognizable mobiliary that had been made by the survivors that occupied the place before your arrival, seemingly got caught in something. It let out a deafening howl, and started to shake and move angrily, yet somehow pinned down by whatever had caught their feet. Maybe it was time to mount a counter-offensive.

The group remembered when they got to that place. They had found bones and blood everywhere in the front of the enormous defenses that had been made with almost perfect craftmanship, suggesting that the last survivor group had been ambushed outside of their defenses. And those Tanks... they seemed a reasonable explanation for that bloody sight.

Hitomi
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM
Team 4 Base

"Tsch! Dammit..."

Hitomi quickly reacts, placing Claymore's wooden stock against her shoulder and lining up her sights. As soon as she has a clear view of the closest beast's head through her scope, she squeezes the trigger and unloads on the monster with controlled semi-automatic fire.

"Could use some help down here, boys!"

Satehi
November 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Zoey Garcia
6:04am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

As Jade screamed, I immediately moved back, looking for whatever might’ve scared her. Did the zombies come to ruin the moment? But as I look around seeing for whatever might be scaring my Jade, I find no trace of zombies.

Instead, I find one of the members of our group barging in on us and telling us to get a move on. Pervert. As I glare at him, and start to tell him to back off, and that we’ll be finished up soon, Jade leaves the shower, and cleans up.

Hauuuu…Ignored.

I can’t help bit sigh a bit in disappointment. Ignored completely… maybe she doesn’t like me much? Still, that man-no, pervert who barged in has a point, I guess. Jade’s already left and is definitely not going to come back to the shower, so there’s no point in staying here much longer.

Leaving the shower with my hair still soaked, I grab the towel that Jade’s not using, and put on some clothes, before addressing the pervert. I can feel my former confidence fade away a bit, and start feeling embarrassed at having been seen naked by someone else.

“Y-yes, I’m ready. You didn’t have to be so abrupt about it…" I then mutter under my breath. "...pervert."

Blackdeath6031
November 12th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:04am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

My eyebrows twitched for a moment as I listened to Zoey whilst stuffing whatever supplies I could find into my haversack.

---I think I felt some...intense spite in her voice.
--...That could have been me, if I had listened to my impulses.
---Thank you, God.

"S-s-s-same heeeere." I responded, pulling up the haversack and looping it around my body.
"I guess you've already charted the route? Lead the way then."

zlol365
November 12th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Johnny Valdez
6:04am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

He closed his eyes and then said, "Okay. Get ready and stay close. Whatever it is.... do not panic, stay calm. The coast should be clear for now. Let us take advantage of that."

He then took up his haversack and his sniper rifle. Finally, he switched to his silent mode and beckoned everybody to follow him as he begun heading towards the entrance of the building where they had entered through. Zombies or not, this was not going to be a fun time exiting town. Hopefully there were survivors they would meet on the way...

if there were.

Mormarth
November 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
@ Team 1
6:05 AM
Exit of base, Williamette, CO

You all slowly move down the stairs to the rear entrance, a small, unassuming door, that leads you out into the suburban neighborhood that you've been hiding away in. You've planned a route, the dead are slowly becoming aware of your presence, and now that weird noise. It's time to leave.


Roll: 5

Unfortunately, it appears you've made some new friends, 2 Hunters are leaping in your direction, and more will follow eventually, the agile undead leap across several rooftops, and pounce down at you!


Roll: 20

The Hunters are impossibly fast, and another leaps up from the intersection several blocks away, the new arrival looks mostly human, he would be rather handsome actually, except for his face, covered in gore like a Vulture. He snarls something to his fellows, and one of them stops for a moment, and lets out an ear-rending screech,

"WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!"

All of the zombies in the area must have heard that sound, one of your number soils themselves in horror. But the hunter and his "commander", are still coming at you, and they are too close to be avoided, Zoey is tackled in the chaos and is under attack! You three still standing must save her! But, first there's another matter to deal with, Vulture has descended upon you, you have several instants to make a decision. What do you do?

Man, you guys are having a really bad day.

[When a Teammate is tackled, you have several turns to beat the zombie off of them before they are killed, the attacked may also defend themselves, but will receive a severe penalty to the defense.]

Chaos Greyblood
November 12th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Alberto
Weapons store
Williamette, Colorado
6:06 AM

Looking around the store, Alberto noticed that it looked peaceful. Perhaps it was a little too peaceful. He chewed up the granola bar given to him, but made sure not to make too much noise with it; it was something small, but it'll do at this hour in the morning. Carrying his baseball bats on a sling in his back, he wondered if he should try to look for a long range weapon that can go along with his bats just in case he needs to keep his distance.

"Guys, which ones will be on the lookout and which ones will try to find weapons and stuff? Seems like things are pretty quiet around here."

zlol365
November 12th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Johnny Valdez
team 1
6.05am
Exit of base, Williamette, CO

They were fast! Dam it. Johnny closed his eyes and shouted, "Get the zombies off zoey as soon as possible! That zombie is coming!"

He pointed to the incoming vulture.

Then he shifted. He took out his sniper rifle. His rifle set, he moved at the zombie that tackled zoey and used his rifle butt. Smash. Smash. With his earnest prayer, he hoped it would work.

Blackdeath6031
November 13th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:06AM
Exit of base, Williamette, CO
Team 1: OH SHIT, OH SHIT, WE ARE GOING TO DIE (read: YANDERE YURI)

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK
ZOMBIES ZOMBIES ZOMBIES FUCKING ZOMBIES

What WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

"Get the zombies off Zoey as soon as possible! That zombie is coming!"

Johnny's swift reaction snapped me back to reality, and my nerves went numb.

'In this world, it's kill or be killed. Nothing beyond that.'
Words of my teacher echoed through my mind as the concept of zombies is replaced with the concept of enemies.
Simply, the statement of enemies.

Without hesitation, my left leg stretched back and I crouched with my hands gripping my katana in Iai form. Then in quick, successive motion, I flick the sword out of the sheathe with my right thumb and perform a single Iaijutsu attack, targeting the head of the thing on top of Zoey.
However, that probably will not be adequate. Two others are approaching quickly and that single attack would likely not be enough to slay something.
Using the momentum of the swing, I make a revolving kick with my right leg, still targeting the head of the zombie. As I finish the spin and land one stride's length behind where I was before the attack, I reverse my grip on the blade and resheathe the katana, placing both hands on both my weapons in preparation for what may come from any of the three zombies.

'Hope is futile. Always prepare for the worst.'

RacingeR
November 13th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:20 AM

The Runner fell, its body split in half. Blood still sprouted from its broken figure, but that did not matter to Liz, who upon seeing that all their enemies were down, walked towards the only zombie still trying to claw its way towards them. With a quick movement, her swords caused a sharp sound in the air, and the head of the monster fell off, finishing it for good.

Then, as she grabbed the hammer and returned it to Teimei, a massive shockwave of sound was heard, and she clutched her ears too late, the impact of the deafening boom almost stunning her out of her feet. Yet, she steeled herself, and with recovered vigor, started walking towards the rest of the team. Many questions filled her head, almost like a migraine made of pure confusion as despite the scared reactions of Kariya and Mark, the intelligent zombie did not seem to care about that mysterious sound that would surely attract every zombie in the whole city.

However, Elizabeth Bradley was no normal girl. The questions that for someone else might have been pressing, for Liz were mere background noises. That thing, whatever he was, had seemingly finished off the biggest Tank she had ever seen, and survival was all that mattered. Thus, sticking with him was the wisest course of action. Without saying a single word, the redhead followed the group.

Ivan The Mouse
November 13th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Hitomi
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM
Team 4 Base

"Tsch! Dammit..."

Hitomi quickly reacts, placing Claymore's wooden stock against her shoulder and lining up her sights. As soon as she has a clear view of the closest beast's head through her scope, she squeezes the trigger and unloads on the monster with controlled semi-automatic fire.

"Could use some help down here, boys!"

Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais sais. (6:06 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4 (REV. DETSQD)

"Alright, people. It is go time already!" I said to the other two as I saw Hitomi firing at a Tank. I then prepare my Mini-14 for shooting, by putting my shoulder against the stock and pointing it towards the big bastard. I then fire semi-automatic shots at the head, just like what she is doing. This might not be enough to kill the monster, but it will work.

Mormarth
November 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM
@Team 2
Williamette, CO
6:05 AM

You jogged down the street, your unlikely ally learning his lesson after inadvertently exhausting you. You come to a small tea shop, the surprisingly soothing atmosphere unlikely for a urban environment. Then, the intelligent zombie grins, and beckons you inside, you glance about for several instants, wary of an ambush. Then, you move inside.

Angel's notebook Teashop, Williamette, CO
6:07 AM

You creep through the door, and stare at what must be a must amusing sight, the "Gentlezombie" is, er, prancing, dancing about with the silliest grin on his face. He quickly moves to the door at the back, grin ever-present on his face.

Suddenly, a noise comes to you, a loud roar echos from the back room, "THOSE FUCKING MORONS, I ASKED FOR FUCKING COFFEE, NOT THIS WEAK TEA SHIT! GOD DAMN IT!!"

With a noise not unlike an elephant's trumpeting, the door explodes outwards, a tree is propelled through the door, wood, glass, handle and all. You all scramble quickly out of the way, but the Gentlezombie remains nearly motionless, barely twitching, like the corpse he is.

The largest Tank you have ever seen stalks through the door, looking more human than his fellows, and glares at you, "AND WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU MORSELS SUPPOSED TO BE?! FUCK, I'M SO MAD, I'M IN THE MOOD FOR A SNACK OR TWO, OR MORE..!"

You all brace yourselves for a fight, and the Tank moves, he is surprisingly fast for his size, blurring through the air like a rocket, and he land in your midst with an, "URK-!"

Wait, what?

He's been intercepted by an arm, "Good sir, did you just destroy those tea trees that I had wanted? Those Edem Tea Trees?"

"UH.."

The Tank's vocal cords have been annihilated, he is now only capable of a weak croak, "Apparently so, in payment for these acts, I must kindly ask you to die~"

The Tank, detonates, he explodes, the room, and you, are now covered in bits of ex-Tank. Gentlezombie's hat falls off, he is shaking, both with rage, and with sadness.

"I-I wanted those tea trees more than anything! WHY THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU DO THIS YOU IGNORANT BARBARIAN?!"

He turns to you, "I am very sorry, but I am afraid that I have to work off some steam, and recover my wits. If one of you two men would step forward? I wish to engage in an honorable bout."

He then holds out a sword, "I see you are both men of firearm usage, but I have come prepared,"

Now, it would be wise to step forward, and fight. Or who knows what he'll do?

2ndsly
November 14th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Rick Redfield
Weapons store
Williamette, Colorado
Team 3 6:06 AM


"Guys, which ones will be on the lookout and which ones will try to find weapons and stuff? Seems like things are pretty quiet around here."
Rick's response was quick.
"Just because it's not noisy, that docent mean it's not dangerous." it was something he'd learned the hard way. Thinking things through, he decided that they really Did need some ranged weapons. So it might be a good idea to take a chance on searching.

xelloss
November 14th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Matou Kariya
Team 2 – Team Awesome
Angel's notebook Teashop, Williamette, CO
6:07 AM

Kariya stared at the sword in utter horror. H-he wanted to FIGHT them?! Well, one of them. One on one. He had just annihilated a Tank with his bare hands! And if they didn't fight him...

The threat may not have been stated, but it was sure as hell implied. If he or Mark didn't step up to the plate, this... “Gentlezouke” would kill them all. There was only one course of action.

Slowly, Kariya turned to Mark... and handed him the medical supplies he had grabbed before leaving the store earlier. He then turned back to the rotting corpse, and took the sword.

“...This isn't to the death, is it..?”

This was going to suck.

SeiKeo
November 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Teimei Terakawa
Team 2 – Team Awesome
Angel's notebook Teashop, Williamette, CO
6:07 AM

Oh no. Oh no. Teimei stared, like Karyia, at Kariya in horror. He didn't have a chance. Not against the strange zombie with a top hat. None of them did. Heck, even all together they might not be able to do it. Somehow...

Somehow they were going to have to escape. And that would have to mean distracting the Gentlezombie. She racked her mind, going through anything they could try.

Abruptly, she turned, grabbing Liz's shoulders-

and kissing her on the mouth.

She'd heard from some of her friends that boys liked that kind of thing. Hopefully, zombies shared the same taste?

Katie
November 14th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Jade Jackson
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

Oh god. Ohgodohgodohgod. SHE'S FUCKED SHE'S FUCKED SHE'S FUCKED

Panic fills every thought. We're fucked, she's fucked, we're fucked. I look at my comrades trying to save Zoey... I should be trying to help, too, but-

Fuck, that thing's coming towards us! Gottoshootitgottoshootitgottoshootit

I take aim and fire at the bloody thing. ONE. TWO. THREE. Three bullets. Three bullets. Yep, three bullets. Got three more just in case...

Mormarth
November 15th, 2011, 12:12 AM
@Team 1
6:05 AM
Alleyway near Base, Williamette, CO
SURPRISINGLY GAR

She's down! Zoey is down! Panic fills your minds as you attempt to resolve the situation the only way that makes sense right now.

Destroy the offending zombies, and disabuse them of the notion of attacking you. Jade is the first to react, whipping out her firearm in fury at her- nothing, and firing at the Hunter on top of the girl who had, er, never mind..


Roll: 19

Your bullets are true, Jade, they seem to sing through the air itself, the Hunter senses it's permanent death incoming, and whips up its head to-!

Boom.

Headshot.

Anthony, seeing that the direct danger is dissuaded, at least for the moment, turns to Vulture, the Thinker stands up from his crouched position, blood-caked face, ragged clothes, and a grin on his face, "Fresh meat needs to be tenderized before being eaten," The scavenger states, tensing up in a springing position, Anthony silently returns the favor, settling into an Iaijutsu form, the air seems to still. As the rusting and degrading urban architecture suddenly becomes home to something out of an old Japanese movie. The tension steadily rises as you stare each other down. Then... a metal bar falls from a building.

CLANG!


Both man and undead leap forward in the same instant.


Roll: 20

VS


Roll: 7

You settling down, reach to the blade at your side, held out in a slashing position, and, covered in your enemy's congealed blood. Your opponent, a craven Vulture, falls to the earth, dead for good. You pull a handkerchief from your pack, and wipe the blood from the blade, and sheathe it.

Johnny, slower to react, is determined to be useful, and kneels slowly to the earth, affixing the signaling zombie in the distance in the iron sights, then, he pulls the trigger.


Roll: 17

BANG!

The zombie falls off of the roof and lands on the road with an unceremonious crunch, you all help Zoey to her feet, grinning at your victory, but howls in the distance alert you. You should keep moving, there should be shelter nearby.

Xaldin
November 15th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Xaldin
(6:06 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4 (REV. DETSQD)



"Alright, people. It is go time already!" I said to the other two as I saw Hitomi firing at a Tank. I then prepare my Mini-14 for shooting, by putting my shoulder against the stock and pointing it towards the big bastard. I then fire semi-automatic shots at the head, just like what she is doing. This might not be enough to kill the monster, but it will work.

I readily pounded my fist into my other hands palm. "ALRIGHT!! LET'S GO KICK SOME A--oh wait, I don't have a gun... Goddammit, I need gun!" Upon this sudden realization of how useless I was in this situation, I went over to the corner and leaned back against the wall, twirling hte knife around with right hand. Something to keep me occupied 'till something is close enough to stab, I guess.

Blackdeath6031
November 15th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:06am
Alleyway near Base, Williamette, CO

...The slice was much cleaner than I expected, and it seems like it won't get up any time soon.
Noting this, I release my breath. Then I shift my wakizashi to the left of my waist for ease in drawing.
... ...But I guess I shouldn't have expected my heart to stop pumping so furiously...
"There'll be more approaching, won't there?" I ask, remembering the thing which let out the loud noise.

Looking at the other three with a now clear, calm and serious expression.
"Johnny, please resume your lead. We should save our rest for later..."

zlol365
November 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Anthony Stonnes
6:06am
Alleyway near Base,
Williamette, CO

"Apologies. I was thinking."

Johnny finally spoke. He then continued, "It seems we will have to advance to the exit slowly. Find a nearby shelter, wait till the next day and proceed. We cannot get used to this town for too long. And somehow i sense that the zombies are pre-occupied."

"let us go then."

Helias
November 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Francis Chauvet
6:06 am
Williamette, Colorado
REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD (Team 4)

Okay, time to stop with the panicking, and start with the serious. Right now, I'm of no use to the team, and most other people would've left me behind, or shot me, just so I'd shut up. These people, however, aren't like that. I can trust them. I can rely on them.

And now, it's time for them to be able to rely on me. Time to take action, and actually fucking DO SOMETHING FOR ONCE, DAMMIT.

I take a deep breath, and draw my rifle. Hope the thing will actually do something to the tanks other than piss them off even more. Down the scope, I see it's head. If I shoot, I should be able to hit its head. Won't kill it, but a ton of bullets might. One word. I say one word, and it's time for me to do my part. I'll show my teammates - my friends - that I'm not entirely useless. I'll show those zombie bastards that I'm not someone to be taken lightly!

"Ready." I squeeze the trigger.

BANG

The bullet flies from the barrel. A single bullet. This one bullet would be all I would need to bring down a human. This one bullet, as soon as it's fired, screams death to any living thing it is pointed at. Zombies, however, are a different thing. A single sniper round wouldn't kill a tank. But at the very least, it could slow it down, or distract it.

Ace
November 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Adam Salvatore
Weapons store
Williamette, Colorado
Team 3 6:06 AM

Luckily they managed to escape without fighting a single zombie. Although unfortunately two members of the team didn't seem to be getting along very well. It was still early in the morning, maybe they were just cranky because of lack of sleep? Adam hoped so.


"Guys, which ones will be on the lookout and which ones will try to find weapons and stuff? Seems like things are pretty quiet around here."

"I'll go and look for weapons," Adam said. "Why don't you come with me Alberto?" It was best if Rick and Alberto were separated and they couldn't waste too much time just standing here. Adam glanced at his shovel. Getting another weapon wouldn't hurt.

Airen
November 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
Team 2 – Team Awesome
Angel's notebook Teashop, Williamette, CO
6:07 AM


His arms still laden with the medical supplies Kariya had handed him, Mark stared in something close to terror at the Gentlezombie, his thoughts so numb from the fact that it wanted to fight them that he completely missed the rather interesting action that Teimei had taken with Liz.


“...This isn't to the death, is it..?”

Still horrified due to the fact that death was even in question, Mark searched rapidly through his thoughts for a way to object to this situation his friend had been placed in...

A gentleman doesn't murder people, right? That would be an action that lies too far below them...

Yes, from the way this zombie had carried itself in it's interactions with the group so far, it seemed that it took pride in it's own gentlemanly personality. If he accused the zombie of doing something 'ungentlemanly,' perhaps he could cause it to halt it's actions...

He had a dictionary with him, right?

Searching through his briefcase revealed that he did in fact, possess such a book, and he found himself frantically flipping through the pages for the exact definition of a gentlemen.

They couldn't beat this thing with force...

Found it!

But they just may be able to beat it through harnessing the power of LAW.

Satehi
November 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Zoey Garcia
6:05 AM
Alleyway near Base, Williamette, CO

Seeing the wave of zombies coming at us, I began to reach for my weapon, the bat that I’d survived so far with… only to grasp at air. Shit. It was still elsewhere in the house!

But I didn’t have much time to worry about that, or try to get it. Instead-

Thump.

-one of the zombies tackled me down. Somewhat dazed from the impact, I looked upwards at the zombie assaulting me, it’s spit flying all over the place as it attempts to kill me.

It’s absolutely hideous. It’s decaying appearance, it’s rotting odor and way it flails around is disgusting enough to make me puke. And it’s trying to- GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET THIS THING OFF OF MEEEEEEEE---!

I shield my face with my arms and close my eyes. I don’t want to see what happens next, if this is the way I'm going to go, I don't want to see it oh god I’m scared

But when I open my eyes again, the zombie is off me, dead. Taking Jade’s hand, I shakily pull myself up, and wipe away the moisture in my eyes, too distraught to think about what to do next and content to do as told, for now.

RacingeR
November 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Elizabeth Bradley
6:07 AM

Things had gone from bad to even worse. Liz noticed with a strange sense of fatality that Kariya was dead. It was as simple as that, with him going against that uber-invincible zombie capable of desintegrating a Tank with its mere grip. And there was nothing that they could do. Even if the four of them charged at that weird talking monster, they would be massacred easily.

There was nothing th-

She was being kissed. By Teimei, no less. Her eyes opened up in surprise, unable to react for some seconds to the sudden action of her partner, until... I see, that is pretty cunning. She returned it. Unabashedly, without caring about the two men and that thing watching them, she started to kiss Teimei. Panic was not making her think clearly, but this maybe had a chance to work...

RacingeR
November 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Team 4
6:08
Williamette, CO. Team 4's base.

Hitomi was the first to fire. She aimed to the enormous target, choosing to fire at its head, ridiculously little in comparison. She took a breath, held her rifle, and pressed the trigger with fury...!


Roll: 1

However, the beast roared, shifting its body, and the stream of bullets impacted in its left forearm. Some penetrated the though skin, but most of them were deflected by the movement, or caused no real damage. The monster grunted in pain, and did another sweep with its right arm, when Leonardo fired from his position.


Roll: 14

The bullets still did not manage to hit the Tank's head, but they seared through its left shoulder, piercing through its flesh to the other side of the creature, making it scream this time. It was not enough to disable it, nor had it caused a lot of damage, but it was something. And then, a greater detonation was heard, and a single bullet flew...


Roll: 12

Francisco's shot, taking in account the circumstances, was really amazing. Yet, the aim was not certain, and as the monster kept moving, the bullet hit on its upper chest, past its skin, and with enough strength to make it tremble and, combined with Leonardo and Hitomi's shots, it was enough for the Tank to start slipping and lose his footing, already unstable from all its momentum.


Roll: 18

While Xaldin observed the spectacle, he heard a strange noise, something that would have been impossible to hear over all the fire and screaming. Yet, his ears had heard that strange scratching, from the exterior of one of the walls...

Mormarth
November 20th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Gentlezombie
@Team 2's location, Angel's Notebook Tea shop.
6:07 AM

The imposing zombie looms over Kariya as he steps forward, and he smiles, "Excellent! A fine Gentleman's bout awaits us my friend!" He tosses Kariya the sword, and reveals one of his own. He leaps forward with blinding speed and then-!

"What the-!"

Liz and Teimei were... getting down and dirty! Was this an attempt do distract the Gentlezombie?


Roll: 4

If so, it was working! The monocled eye of the uber-zombie was drawn to the sensual sight, and he was in awe! The deadliest weapon of Team 2 was revealed! "Sensual Distraction Technique: HAWT YURI"

But, the sword, left unattended, continued swinging down like a headman's axe, relentlessly slicing through the air, but..

"OBJECTION!"

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I34nshlOPk)The Lawyer, Mark Williams, steps forward to save his friend's life! The sword, seemingly moved by the defiant shout, stopped. The Gentlezombie's eye turned to him, "Oh? A lawyer, is it? What evidence do you have?"

Mark, this is your chance! Convince the Zombie to step away, and you will leave in peace! PRESENT YOUR EVIDENCE.

Xaldin
November 22nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
Xaldin
(6:06 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4 (REV. DETSQD)


While Xaldin observed the spectacle, he heard a strange noise, something that would have been impossible to hear over all the fire and screaming. Yet, his ears had heard that strange scratching, from the exterior of one of the walls...

I stopped playing with the knife as I noticed something. "Da hell..? I hear scratching?" I shrugged, assuming it was just some zombies trying to get to the direction of the noise on the opposite end of the wall. They can scratch all they want but as long as there's a wall there, they can't do shi--

And then I suddenly thought of a Tank smashing the wall I'm so heavily relying on right now.

"No way, are they--?!" I stepped back from my wall. Could something big about to break through it..? It's too big a risk not to say anything so... "Okay, GUYS!" I yell, making sure to get everyone's attention. "I think we're about to be royally fucked, we should probably fall back!" I motion to the stairs behind us.

Katie
November 24th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Jade Jackson
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

Bam, it's dead... Thank god. Everything else has been taken care of, and this dream has finally taken a turn for the better! It would suck if it stayed depressing and somber like this. Zoey grabs my hand, like a clingy child, and doesn't let go. Gosh, it's like I'm her mother or something.

It seems the guys want to move out. Fine with me. Waving my hand, I decide to lead the way in finding the nearest safehouse, Zoey trailing behind like a lost puppy.

She is very clingy.

Yun
November 24th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Arturia Alva
Weapons Store
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM, Team 3
Through some stroke of good fortune and a nearby explosion they'd managed to escape from their zombie pursuers without fighting them. Unfortunately it appeared that two of her comrades were attempting to dig their own grave by introducing conflict within the team but how to defuse the situation....

After spotting the store's manager office “Searching for weapons is a excellent idea but I'd recommend that we take a short break in the manager's office over there so we can all relax after our close call before searching for weapons, agreed?.”

After finding the region near the office and the inside of the office clear of any zombies “Adam I'll trust you with first watch swap with Rick after 5 minutes who'll than swap with Alberto meanwhile I'll be looking over this map after searching the office for anything useful.”

Chaos Greyblood
November 26th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Alberto
Weapons store
Williamette, Colorado
Team 3 6:07 AM
November 30th


"I'll go and look for weapons," Adam said. "Why don't you come with me Alberto?" It was best if Rick and Alberto were separated and they couldn't waste too much time just standing here. Adam glanced at his shovel. Getting another weapon wouldn't hurt.

Alberto was about to open his mouth and agree with Adam when he heard Alva's voice.


After spotting the store's manager office “Searching for weapons is a excellent idea but I'd recommend that we take a short break in the manager's office over there so we can all relax after our close call before searching for weapons, agreed?.”

After finding the region near the office and the inside of the office clear of any zombies “Adam I'll trust you with first watch swap with Rick after 5 minutes who'll than swap with Alberto meanwhile I'll be looking over this map after searching the office for anything useful.”

"You mean you want to keep watch on this area while you look over the map? I was only wondering if we should make it quick and skedaddle with some weapons before some of those uglies bear down on us." Alberto spoke as he couldn't help but think that this could give the creatures the time they would need to track them down. "Of course, if you need us to stand guard over here, I suppose that will do."

Yun
November 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Arturia Alva
Weapons Store
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM, Team 3

After carefully gingerly removing the map from the wall and laying it flatly on the desk “No what I said was to take a 15 minute breather while keeping one person watching for zombies changing who is on watch on a 5 minute interval but since you have a issue with said plan I'll state part of my reasoning to avoid any potential conflicts from occurring when we have no time to spare.”

After pausing to take a sip from her water bottle before continuing while raising her left hand's index finger “First off we aren't currently being pursued by our undead adversary so taking time to search areas for useful items like this map we found is preferable to backtracking and increasing the area containing our scent.”

Raising her middle finger “Secondly we're currently still under the affect of being chased by a horde of zombies therefore we're more likely to jump at the unexpected possibly attracting undesirable attention”

Pausing to raise her third finger“We also need to discuss how we're going to operate as a team when we afford to discuss our course of action because our current operating procedures nearly got us killed”

Having finished her partial explanation Arturia started looking at the map allowing her teammates to voice their opinions.

2ndsly
November 26th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Rick Redfield
Weapons Store
Williamette, Colorado
6:05 AM, Team 3


“Searching for weapons is a excellent idea but I'd recommend that we take a short break in the manager's office over there so we can all relax after our close call before searching for weapons, agreed?.”
Rick listened as Arturia began speaking in her customary no nonsense tone.

“Adam I'll trust you with first watch swap with Rick after 5 minutes who'll than swap with Alberto meanwhile I'll be looking over this map after searching the office for anything useful.”
Rick simply nodded his head at this. Arturia's plan sounded good and he had nothing better. But before he could say anything Alberto spoke.

"You mean you want to keep watch on this area while you look over the map? I was only wondering if we should make it quick and skedaddle with some weapons before some of those uglies bear down on us." Alberto spoke as he couldn't help but think that this could give the creatures the time they would need to track them down. "Of course, if you need us to stand guard over here, I suppose that will do."
Rick's first reaction was to glare at Alberto for questioning Arturia. Fortunately he got himself in line before it was noticed. Soon enough Arturia answered Alberto's question.

“No what I said was to take a 15 minute breather while keeping one person watching for zombies changing who is on watch on a 5 minute interval but since you have a issue with said plan I'll state part of my reasoning to avoid any potential conflicts from occurring when we have no time to spare.”

“First off we aren't currently being pursued by our undead adversary so taking time to search areas for useful items like this map we found is preferable to backtracking and increasing the area containing our scent.”
“Secondly we're currently still under the affect of being chased by a horde of zombies therefore we're more likely to jump at the unexpected possibly attracting undesirable attention”
"We also need to discuss how we're going to operate as a team when we afford afford to discuss our course of action because our current operating procedures nearly got us killed”
Well, with that settled, Rick was happy to chime in. "This sounds like a perfectly logical course of action."

Rick was cringing before he'd even finished speaking. The wording on that line....

He shook it off quickly though. In real life, you don't have time to word yourself the way you want to sound. Your simply yourself, fumbling and all.

Even while rechecking his grip on Azure Skies, Rick was wondering why he was so enthusiastic for everything Arturia suggested. In the far back of his mind, there was a far off sound that could have been someone yelling "HENCHMAN".

Mormarth
November 27th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Team 1
6:07 AM
Alley, Williamette, CO

You fled before the oncoming horde, their superior numbers sure to overrun you if you stayed to fight. So, desperately fleeing towards the outskirts of Williamette, you hear shouts and gunfire farther away, fearing additional conflict after one of your number was so suddenly attacked, you quickly retreated from the battle, and pressed on.

[Zoey's been wounded! -5 to her rolls due to shock and pain] (In this world, you will inevitably gain wounds, some more dangerous than others, they will always add disadvantages)

Zoey limped along with you, keeping close to her, eh, love. She'd sustained lacerations, but wasn't in any immediate danger, still, you all agreed that a safe place to hunker down and lose your pursuers was the best course of action.


Roll: 1

You come to a small shop, the sign has fallen apart due to some vandalism, and outside of the door lies a small box. You cautiously approach, constantly on the look out, yet curious of the box. As you come to the doorstep, you glance at the box, the label on the box reads: Edem Tea Trees, Special Delivery to G. Z. Romero.

For some reason, that box is giving off a sense of doom, passing by, you glance into the box, it lies empty, and as you glance into the store, it lies empty as well. Particularly ravaged by the Walking, the walls were collapsed or falling apart, it smelled of death.


Roll: 2

You hear a large crash outside, and then an equally large roar of sorrow, "OH ACCURSED DAYS, WHEN CAN A ZOMBIE OF PARTICULARLY FINE TASTE, FIND SOME TEAS TO WHET HIS DESIRE?!"

You freeze, this presence is crushing, it threatens your very being.

Run.
Run.
Run.

He is Sinist*r. He hungers.

The thing turns to the shop as if it can sense your fear, "HM? I SAY, DO NOT HIDE IN THE SHADOWS. COME OUT AND EXPLAIN YOURSELVES."

[GORILLA FATE IS TUNING, DEUS EX MACHINA]

TEAM 1 HAS GAINED THE TEMPORARY PITY OF THE GM, DO NOT EXPECT THIS AGAIN.

xelloss
November 27th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Matou Kariya
@Team 2's location, Angel's Notebook Tea shop.
6:07 AM

In the time all this had happened, Kariya had failed to so much as raise his sword. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRuka6I7Ng) It was clear that if he was truly going to fight this Gentlezouke, he was going to die as surely as he would if he were to be eaten alive by horrible parasites. That was simple cause and effect. “Fighting Gentlezouke” and “dying” would be so closely linked as to be the same thing.

So, the fact that this had suddenly turned into a battle of the LAW between Mark and the Gentlezouke rather than a instant curbstomp against him relieved Kariya greatly.

“Mark, please win this. I really don't want to die.” Kariya thought.

Before abandoning his fate to his friend, Kariya discreetly raised his sword between himself and the Gentlezoukes. It would be nice to have something at least between him and that piece of death metal.

Airen
November 27th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Phoenix Wright Mark Williams
@Team 2's location, Angel's Notebook Tea shop.
6:07 AM


"Oh? A lawyer, is it? What evidence do you have?"

"Evidence?"

The small smile that crossed Mark's face at that moment, the lazily confident grin that had been the beginning of the end to every court case he had ever been, was likely a reassuring one for his companions. But if the attorneys he had known before the zombie incident had been there, watching as he lightly tapped the open pages of the dictionary with his fingers, they would have had one, rather unelegant thing to say.

Oh crap.

"I have all the evidence I need," raising the dictionary in question, he continued, "But we'll get to that at a later time." He paused, "Mr. Gentlezombie, through your short time with our group it has become quite clear that you believe yourself to be a 'gentleman'," Mark paused for a moment, then, "Would I be correct in that assumption?"

And so, as if he was back in the courts of the unzombified world, Mark felt all traces of his fear vanish as he began questioning the Gentlezombie. Before he could deliver his evidence, he would have to have the Gentlezombie admit a few things about itself. The evidence would have greater effect on the zombie once his hypocrisy was made clear to itself.

SeiKeo
November 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Teimei Terakawa
Team 2 – Team Awesome
Angel's Notebook Teashop, Williamette, CO
6:07 AM

Guh? Mark was... he was going to debate the zombie?

It didn't occur to Teimei where Mark was going with that. Although, she had to admit, her... actions probably looked the same. But, he seemed to know what he was doing. Which, if she were to be honest with herself, was a bit more than she could say for herself. So, she let him go on.

Helias
November 30th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Francis Chauvet
6:06 am
Williamette, Colorado
REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD (Team 4)

HELL YEAH! IT ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING! FIRE AGA-wait, did Xaldin just say something?


I stopped playing with the knife as I noticed something. "Da hell..? I hear scratching?" I shrugged, assuming it was just some zombies trying to get to the direction of the noise on the opposite end of the wall. They can scratch all they want but as long as there's a wall there, they can't do shi--

And then I suddenly thought of a Tank smashing the wall I'm so heavily relying on right now.

"No way, are they--?!" I stepped back from my wall. Could something big about to break through it..? It's too big a risk not to say anything so... "Okay, GUYS!" I yell, making sure to get everyone's attention. "I think we're about to be royally fucked, we should probably fall back!" I motion to the stairs behind us.

"Shit! Alright, time to move!" I shouted to my allies, as I fired a second shot at one of the Tanks. With that, I ran towards the stairs.

I turned my head back towards the others. "Come on! Hurry up before something else happens!"

Ivan The Mouse
November 30th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Leonard Ibarra
Alas-sais sais. (6:06 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4 (REV. DETSQD)

"Goddamn it!"

Looks like the Musculados are now trying to open our sardine can with their own bare hands. They can't wait to cover us with our own blood and eat us, much like a squatter family having their lunch time. I shot the Tank below us once more, then went follow the rest. I waved my hand inwards repeatedly to Hitomi. "Hey, they're trying to break the walls, we need to get out of here!" I yell to her.

I wish there is something more we can do to kill the hulking bastards.

Sei
November 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Asuhito Hitomi
6:06 AM
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4

"Tsch"

HITOMI sucks her teeth in frustration. The hulking monsters which were making a mess out weren't called Tanks for nothing. Even with her Claymore's bullets, the monster's tough skin would pretty much make most efforts useless. This situation was an absolute combination of two things she hated most, losing ground and wasting ammo.

But at the very least they had somewhat of a plan. And so long as they were still breathing, they could still fight. That much is true for her at least.

"Someone look for something really flammable! Alcohol, disinfectant, it doesn't matter! Just make sure we can get as much of it as we can! Bullets are a waste on these things so we should set them on fire! If it can burn, it can die!"

HITOMI steps back towards the stairs while maintaining suppressing fire on the enemies breaking down the entrance. Upon reaching her friends' position, she quickly reaches into the back strapped to our side and pulls out a grenade round. She quickly feeds it into the M203 attachment, aims once more at the enemy's head, and pulls the trigger. Without even waiting for the explosion, she quickly reaches into her bag again for a second round. She hates the idea of using such powerful rounds repeatedly, but right now isn't really a good time to be frugal.

"Everyone hurry up to the next floor! I'm gonna destroy the staircase with my grenade! We'll slow down their advance and shoot 'em from above! At the very least it'll buy us some time!"

Mormarth
December 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Team 3
BREAK TIME
6:40 AM
It is time.

As your break goes by without a hitch, and you all sleep calmly, something occurs, a block away, a figure drops from a nearby roof, draped in a long cloak of sorts, and with a hood shadowing it's face, it is a mere shadow in the morning light, and as your Team fades off into a slumber, it pauses for a moment.


Roll: 20

"Huh?" The cloaked figure has gotten your scent, it veers towards the shopping center you're resting in, and ghosts in with nary a sound, a Thinker approaches the figure, and receives a pat on the head, as a master would a pet. Hurry, you should probably wake up soon, who knows what this Phantom may do to you if you do not wake.


Roll: 8

Unfortunately, your guard has dozed off with the rest of you, weary of the constant travel, and the Phantom approaches, it stops, mere steps away from the guard, and reaches out it's hand...

TO BE CONTINUED

Break Time can only go so far, and you all are far enough ahead that I'm putting Team 3 on pause, for the time being.

If you try to post during Paused modo, you will suffer. Horribly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 2 – Team Awesome - FOCUS CHARACTER: MARK WILLIAMS
Angel's Notebook Teashop, Williamette, CO
6:07 AM

The Gentlezombie stood tall, proudly, like the nobleman he so emulated, and he strode forth to meet Mark in the center of the room. From this distance, you could make out the small flaws that revealed him as one of the Walking, glazed eyes, like a corpse, and very pale. He looked like some well to-do man, in his final wooden bed. He stared you down levelly, and offered his hand. You shook it, and the Gentlezombie revealed his first statement.

"But, was it not you, who led me to this tea shop? Was it not you, who gave the directions? Was it not you, who possessed the map?!"


He grumbled with frustration, and shoved the map at one of your number, "Here! See if you can read it."

He glowers at you, what is your response, Mark?

RacingeR
December 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Team 4


Roll: 4

With another great, impressive sound, Francis shot sailed towards the Tank's chest with great aim, yet when it impacted the tough skin, it did not penetrate beyond the first layer, getting stuck in its 'armor'. It must have been the angle of the shot, as the zombie barely felt the impact.


Roll: 15

Next, just before standing and moving away, Leonard shot towards the massive Tank. His bullets spewed forth with great accuracy, impacting the body of the monster with a strength that made you wince as the thing was peppered with holes, rotten blood surging like a joke of a fountain, the force pushing it down towards the floor, making it lose its already unstable equilibrium. And then...


Roll: 20 CRITICAL SHOT!

HITOMI had been unable to aim at its head, as the previous shots had unbalanced the enormous body, yet her grenade was precise, and her aim accurate.

Time seemed to stop as the projectile crossed the air. Even the dead eyes of the zombies below seemed to follow the grenade's almost majestic descent. And then, there was an explosion. It hit the Tank directly on the right side of the chest, between it and its right arm the mere impact sinking a portion of it in a gruesome splash of greenish-red rotten liquid... and then with a sound so impressive that you, even having grown accustomed to that kind of things in the hellish months of the Outbreak, couldn't but stop dead in your tracks. It could be seen almost in slow motion as chunks of its right arm were blown off, as its ribs exploded apart...

The beast was stomped against the floor with such force that it even made a Tank shaped hole on it, and there it laid, its movements finally stopped... no, it still kept twitching, as if trying to get up. But even if things such as shock and pain had stopped having any meaning for the screaming, howling creature, it's damaged body refused to move, its various systems, damaged beyond repair, unable to answer. It would be a time until it could be able to move.

Yet there was no time to rest, as HITOMI ran towards the others of her team, the other Tank pushed through the barricades he had been stuck into, and advanced at great speed, moving towards the building's walls. But that was not the worse news.

Because the cause of the scratching on the walls was revealed, as from the window Xaldin had heard it first, an horrendous monster appeared, twitching erratically and Crawling faster than anyone of you could react. Its long body resembled that of a Runner, but some kind of mutation had made its waist completely deform, making it unable to stand up and walk normally, forcing it to crawl in the floor. Yet is hands and feet seemed to have transformed in some kind of clawed implements, things so monstrous and long that made the weapons of any of the other zombies seem inadequate.

And at least three of those Crawlers poured from the window, moving towards the surprised team, at an insane speed despite their malformed waists. One pushed towards Xaldin, while the other two menaced the rest of the team.

Katie
December 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Jade Jackson
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

We need to get to somewhere safe... for Zoey. Her cuts aren't bad, but she's limping, and slowing me down... It's alright though. As a friend, I'll help her out, even if it makes things worse.

I think I should've said that better...

We go to a trashed shop, with a box that apparently had a nice tea leaf tree. I grew those for Grandpa. He was pretty obsessed with the whole gentleman thing, and I guess he dragged me along with it, too. So I know how to act around those types of people, and now that I'm thinking about it... In fact, my back's getting straighter by the minute!


Suddenly, a massive zombies arrives, scaring me and almost making me fall back onto Zoey, which would've been bad. Very bad. And now it looks like it's going to kill us... Oh, wait what? It has a funny monocle, just like Grandpa, and a tophat like my grandfather always ranted about. There are more people like him...?


"OH ACCURSED DAYS, WHEN CAN A ZOMBIE OF PARTICULARLY FINE TASTE, FIND SOME TEAS TO WHET HIS DESIRE?!"


I-it can talk? Holy crap... I didn't think they were that smart... And now he's(the voice was pretty manly) looking at us... I don't want to get squished! Maybe, maybe if it can talk, it can reason, right?!

"O-oh, sir! I-it seems that a gentleman of your fine stature is in need of a-assistance! F-for such a noble pursuit in finding only the finest tea, I would be grateful to h-help!" I say as I curtsy. I-I am being polite enough, right...? "And, to be honest, I'm sure my f-friends would be happy to help too!"

OHGODIHOPETHISWORKS

Airen
December 6th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Mark Williams
Team 2 – Team Awesome
Angel's Notebook Teashop, Williamette, CO
6:07 AM


"But, was it not you, who led me to this tea shop? Was it not you, who gave the directions? Was it not you, who possessed the map?!"

"Objection!" Producing the map from the pocket of his suit, Mark held it high for all to see, "We did lead you here, and I'll admit that we were the ones in possession of the map. However," Mark grinned, "You just opened up a hole in your own defense," wishing that he had something to slam his hands down on in order to better emphasize his point, Mark raised his hand, his finger pointing accusingly at the gentlezombie, "After all, you were the one who gave us that map in the first place!"



He then reached into his coat, and produced a small map, "Ah! I see I've read it wrong, eyes are getting just dreadful in this climate.. damnation! Can't see a thing.." He grumbled with frustration, and shoved the map at one of your number, "Here! See if you can read it."

"How is it our fault that the map led us to this empty tea shop? We didn't have a map of our own, so we were only able to use the one that you gave us!" Another smile, "In essence, the blame for this entire situation... Can only be placed upon your own shoulders for giving us such a useless map! A map that we read for you, because you lacked the capability to read it yourself!"

Helias
December 7th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Francis Chauvet
6:06 am
Williamette, Colorado
REVOLUTION DEATHSQUAD (Team 4)


With another great, impressive sound, Francis shot sailed towards the Tank's chest with great aim, yet when it impacted the tough skin, it did not penetrate beyond the first layer, getting stuck in its 'armor'. It must have been the angle of the shot, as the zombie barely felt the impact.

Shit! Didn't do anything! One more time, this ought'ta wor-


The beast was stomped against the floor with such force that it even made a Tank shaped hole on it, and there it laid, its movements finally stopped... no, it still kept twitching, as if trying to get up. But even if things such as shock and pain had stopped having any meaning for the screaming, howling creature, it's damaged body refused to move, its various systems, damaged beyond repair, unable to answer. It would be a time until it could be able to move.

Good! The bastard's dead! Time to deal with the othe-


Yet there was no time to rest, as HITOMI ran towards the others of her team, the other Tank pushed through the barricades he had been stuck into, and advanced at great speed, moving towards the building's walls. But that was not the worse news.

Well, that's not good.


Because the cause of the scratching on the walls was revealed, as from the window Xaldin had heard it first, an horrendous monster appeared, twitching erratically and Crawling faster than anyone of you could react. Its long body resembled that of a Runner, but some kind of mutation had made its waist completely deform, making it unable to stand up and walk normally, forcing it to crawl in the floor. Yet is hands and feet seemed to have transformed in some kind of clawed implements, things so monstrous and long that made the weapons of any of the other zombies seem inadequate.

SHIT. That's worse!


And at least three of those Crawlers poured from the window, moving towards the surprised team, at an insane speed despite their malformed waists. One pushed towards Xaldin, while the other two menaced the rest of the team.

SHITSHITSHIT. WHAT DO.
With no idea what to do now, Francis grabbed a can of meat from his pocket, threw it at the nearest Crawler, and ran away from it.

Xaldin
December 8th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Xaldin
(6:06 AM)
Williamette, Colorado
Base, Team 4 (REV. DETSQD)



HITOMI had been unable to aim at its head, as the previous shots had unbalanced the enormous body, yet her grenade was precise, and her aim accurate.

Time seemed to stop as the projectile crossed the air. Even the dead eyes of the zombies below seemed to follow the grenade's almost majestic descent. And then, there was an explosion. It hit the Tank directly on the right side of the chest, between it and its right arm the mere impact sinking a portion of it in a gruesome splash of greenish-red rotten liquid... and then with a sound so impressive that you, even having grown accustomed to that kind of things in the hellish months of the Outbreak, couldn't but stop dead in your tracks. It could be seen almost in slow motion as chunks of its right arm were blown off, as its ribs exploded apart...


"Ho-ho-holy shiiit!" I couldn't help but say that at the glorious scene I just saw. I HAD to be grinning at something like that. "That kicked ASS, nice one Hitmoi!" I shouted, raising a fist into the air.


And at least three of those Crawlers poured from the window, moving towards the surprised team, at an insane speed despite their malformed waists. One pushed towards Xaldin, while the other two menaced the rest of the team.

"Holy shit, those are fast! Hey, Frank why don't you--"



With no idea what to do now, Francis grabbed a can of meat from his pocket, threw it at the nearest Crawler, and ran away from it.

"..."

If I had time to facepalm I totally would have. But one of those guys is coming at me, and I just have a knife and some toothpicks. Meanwhile that's too fast and has 4 sets of claws, not to mention the mouth. Hate to waste the knife, but the only thing to do is...

"BETWEEN THE EYES!" I shouted, throwing my knife at the Runner slivering towards me. I immediately began backing up after the throw, just in case lady luck decides to be a dick and this doesn't work, preparing to brace for impact or get up those friggin' stairs if nothing else.

Erlkonig
December 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
GentleTank
6:07 AM
Alley, Williamette, Colorado

I adjusted my hat, looking at the shop. Looking at the glass window, I could see my dashing visage encompassed in the crystal. The top hat was most elegantly placed so as to accentuate my manly features. This face of mine was the only visage I had kept intact from my past life, and even it had faced a scar near the eye.

My body, mutated by incommensurable strength, made it quite a trying task to adjust a gentlemanly suit to it. I looked at the random body parts that littered the street. My eyes narrowed. These barbarians... they knew nothing of beings like me and my old friend, who appreciated the virtues of the victorian era.

Ba-dump!

"AH..." My throat ached quite considerably. Looking at the irrecognizable sign, I let out a deep sigh. "ANOTHER DAY IN WILLIAMETTE, I SUPPOSE." I took my first steps towards the shop, perhaps I could then find the most sought-after tea of mine...

Mormarth
December 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
@Team 2
BACK TO BEGINNING OF TEA SHOP THING (6:07 AM, Right after Gentlezombie killed the Tank Thinker)
GO GO COSMIC RETCON!

You all blink suddenly, there is a very foul stench in the air, you recognize it as "corpserot" a gas that radiates off of the bodies of nearby walking dead, in large amounts it can cause hallucinations and sometimes, even death.

It is a somewhat awkward situation, Liz and Teimei making out (I approve~), Mark with his finger thrust out confidently, Kariya standing off to the side, trying to ignore the fact that he may or may not have soiled himself. Meanwhile, the Gentlezombie stands confusedly, averting his eyes from the lesbian scene before him, he stutters slightly, "I-I was unable to locate my tea.. but, er, I thank you for assisting me! I shall leave you here to rest briefly, to atone for my earlier over-estimation of human stamina."

He bows stiffly, and vanishes quickly out a nearby window, you are all extremely embarrassed, but it appears it is BREAK TIME.

STATUS GAINED: SHATTERED EGO (This may or may not be a joke.)

Satehi
December 19th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Zoey Garcia
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

Wh..what is that thing?

I’ve seen some creepy things since the zombies came out, but I’ve never seen something like that before.

It looked like some kind of gigantic, monstrous zombie, but it was also wearing clothes and it can speak the human language. It was even wearing a tophat and suit, like how people dressed in ages past.

After what happened not so long ago, I don’t want to have anything to do with a zombie, especially in my injured condition. Jade speaks up, even though the zombie seems to frighten her as well, but while I listen carefully to what she says, the zombie continues on.

W-who does he think he is..!? Scaring her and ignoring her…

Irritated at the way he ignored Jade and scares her, I shout out to it, forgetting my discomfort at interacting with a zombie.

“Oi! W-who and what are you!?”

Blackdeath6031
December 29th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Anthony Stonnes
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

A zombie of what looks like a body builder - no, even more gigantic, maybe even beyond monstrous suddenly appeared, bellowing on the top of its voice.

The sudden surprise triggers a switch in my body, jolting me upright for a moment. By instinct, I step into the shadows, blending in with my usual pattern of dark colors.

Then...

*ba-dump* *ba-dump* *ba-dumpba-dumpba-dump* *ba-dumpba-dumpba-dump*

.... My heartrate quickens, my pores are torn as ice cold sweat excretes out of each one, burning the pore holes.
I begin to breathe deeply, my nasal respiration slowly - no, perhaps it was within a couple of seconds? - warps into heavy panting.
My mind was no longer as clear.
My thoughts refused to enter my head.
The reason for that being...

​WE'RE GOING TO DIE WE'RE GOING TO DIE ​WE'RE GOING TO DIE WE'RE GOING TO DIE ​WE'RE GOING TO DIE WE'RE GOING TO DIE ​WE'RE GOING TO DIE WE'RE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE GOING TO DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

...That my head was clouded by voices, screaming out what I struggled to repress upon seeing the abomination.
But the voices screamed, and screeched, preventing me from reacting.

All I could do, was to close my eyes, hang my head, and hopelessly resign myself to my death....

"O-oh, sir! I-it seems that a gentleman of your fine stature is in need of a-assistance! F-for such a noble pursuit in finding only the finest tea, I would be grateful to h-help! And, to be honest, I'm sure my f-friends would be happy to help too!"

I hear a familiar voice, forcing me to look up at the source. There, attempting to quell the zombie by herself. Her voice was obviously failing her, but I lacked the confidence I could back her up well enough not to cause her - and perhaps our - downfall.

So, I decided to lay quiet, merely observing the engagement intently....
Yet, in spite of that, I found my hands reaching for my katana. The wooden sheathe cool with the air, and now even colder to the touch. The wet palm of my right hand never really got a proper grip on the sheathe. My left grasped the handle, but my joints couldn't squeeze enough to truly hold it. No - rather, they caused my hand to fidget, making a brittle rattle of the blade striking the insides of the sheathe.

I hoped - no, prayed in my heart that the beast didn't hear it, or at least paid no heed to it.


....No, before that, stop panicking, me!
Calm down, and don't be too quick to retaliate when we don't know how hostile it is!

Erlkonig
December 29th, 2011, 10:14 AM
GentleTank
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team ZOMBIE




"O-oh, sir! I-it seems that a gentleman of your fine stature is in need of a-assistance! F-for such a noble pursuit in finding only the finest tea, I would be grateful to h-help!" I say as I curtsy. I-I am being polite enough, right...? "And, to be honest, I'm sure my f-friends would be happy to help too!"


Wonderful! It seems the store is fortunately occupied by clerks! Truly a miracle, that I would find aid in my duty of questing for mighty tea!

The mighty Tank-like zombie leans down, looking at the girl. "WHY, THANK YOU. I AM HUMBLED BY SEEING THAT THERE ARE BEINGS WHO FORGO THE DIFFERENCE IN OUR RACE AND CHOOSE COOPERATION."

Leaning back up, he arches an eyebrow. "FRIENDS, YOU SAY?"


“Oi! W-who and what are you!?”

"I AM EDGAR VON RUSSENSCHAFT XIV, BUT YOU CAN CALL ME GENTLETANK. AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT YOUR SHATTERED EXCUSE OF A GOVERNMENT HAS GIVEN ME AS NAME. WE HAVE NOT MUCH TIME, THE HORDES OF UNDEAD COULD BE HERE AT ANY TIME." He looked at the store, browsing for tea. As he slowly scavenged for any sort of tea, finding emptiness each and every time, his brows twitched.

Spotting the glint of a katana, his frown twisted into a glare. "THERE IS NO NEED TO BE SO HASTY. I'M SURE YOU WOULDN'T LIKE TO DO SOMETHING WE'D BOTH REGRET." After an intimidating pause, the GentleTank sighed. "IT DOESN'T MATTER. I HAVE FOUND NOTHING HERE. I AM NOT GOING TO BOTHER YOU BY TELLING YOU TO ACCOMPANY ME." With echoing steps, he exited the store.

"AH..." The tank looked at the distance, his eyes narrowed. "YOU MIGHT WANT TO EXIT TO THE ROOFTOPS. THERE'S SOMETHING COMING." As he turned to face you, and saluted you with a bow, he jumped into the night, making astonishingly loud sounds.

Airen
December 29th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Mark Williams
6:07 AM
Angel's Notebook Teashop, Williamette California

...What exactly had happened just now?

Standing there, his right hand thrust confidently out in front of him as if he had been in the process of proving someone guilty of some sort of crime, Mark found that he couldn't remember much about why exactly he was standing here like this...

Something about the definition of Gentleman?

Or was it something about a map...?

Both?

Blinking at the Gentlezombie, who seemed just as confused at the current situation, Mark slowly lowered his arm, feeling slightly foolish that he had been throwing around the power of JUSTICE without due care...


"I-I was unable to locate my tea.. but, er, I thank you for assisting me! I shall leave you here to rest briefly, to atone for my earlier over-estimation of human stamina."

Having finished this sentence, the Gentlezombie leaped quickly out a nearby window, as if he couldn't wait to get away from the group.

...Yep.

This situation seemed to be a bit awkward for everyone, especially Liz and Teimei, who were having quite an interesting moment of interaction-

And had Kariya soiled himself?

Corpserot was apparently quite a hallucinogenic gas... Apparently staying around here for much longer wouldn't be good for their health.

Ah well, time to break the silence.

"So," a brief pause as he looked around for topics of conversation, "Do you guys know what just happened?"

Satehi
January 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Jade Jackson
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

When the giant zombie speaks, I nearly recoil away- its voice is as loud and powerful as the zombie appears.

Listening to what it says confirms my suspicions though. This is a talking, thinking zombie, who is called Edgar von russen-I can’t even remember that. Gentletank is a much easier name.

After it finishes introducing itself, it lumbers off to the aisles, looking for something. He doesn’t seem to have much luck finding it, though.

When the GentleTank catches a glimpse of one of the weapons in our group and turns his face into a glare, I instinctively move in front of Jade. Is he going to attack? With its size and its intelligence, it definitely more dangerous than any other zombie they’d encountered before.

But—

—even if it attacks, I won’t let it hurt Jade.

I was useless earlier in front of the house, but I won’t let that happen again. My weapon, the small bat that I have, probably is nothing more than a twig to the GentleTank, but that doesn’t matter. Aslong as I can protect Jade, nothing else matters.

My whole body is tense, watching intently for any sudden movements the GentleTank might make. The tense moment only lasts for an instant, before the GentleTank sighs and leaves the store.

Sighing in relief, I listen to the warning it leaves us before it bows and jumps off into the night.

“Umm, what should we do?” I ask to Jade and the rest of the group. “Are we sure we can trust the GentleTank..?”

Blackdeath6031
January 15th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Anthony Stonnes
6:05am
Base, Williamette, Colorado
Team 1: Yandere Yuri

"THERE IS NO NEED TO BE SO HASTY. I'M SURE YOU WOULDN'T LIKE TO DO SOMETHING WE'D BOTH REGRET."

Nngh..!

Realising that the beast had noticed him, he tightened his grip on the blade, the clattering noises inevitably growing louder as a result.

Somehow, he felt his hairs stand up straighter than they already were - an impossible feat, one must admit. As though they not only stood up because of fear, anxiety and the cold, but also someone, perhaps the beast itself, had charged up static on a balloon and ran it all over his body.
Before gluing it in place to create an unnaturally stiff feeling.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER. I HAVE FOUND NOTHING HERE. I AM NOT GOING TO BOTHER YOU BY TELLING YOU TO ACCOMPANY ME."

W-What...?
He couldn't believe it. Was he fantasizing? Or is this truly, what can happen?

Peering out as he heard thundering footsteps, he found the beast walking toward the exit.
Then stop.

...W...What...?

"AH...YOU MIGHT WANT TO EXIT TO THE ROOFTOPS. THERE'S SOMETHING COMING."

With that, the beast truly exited into the night.

Taking a deep breath, he sheathed his blade and walked out.

"....C-Can we....trust him...?"