PDA

View Full Version : Fish's Eleven [IC]

deviatesfish
October 30th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Nowhere, Somewhere, Anywhere, Everywhere, 1989

Normally, I would not have bothered to meet them. Normally, no one would get such pleasure.

But this is anything but a normal business meeting.

This would not be a normal job. Hell, it isn’t going to be a series of normal jobs. The objective is obscured. I doubt this team would begin with being excited at this. They may be impressed, but that isn’t telling. Then again, this isn’t a normal team.

It is anything but a normal gathering of talent.

This is the best of the best, in their fields.

Individually, they can be outstanding. Fantastic even… but they would still be alone as individuals. Together, however, we could…

Ah, I am getting ahead of myself.

Stop that shivering, this isn’t time to show excitement or anxiety.

I looked down, and smoothed out my dress. I must make the perfect impression. Even if such a thing is unimportant, everything culminating up to this point…

…Ahem.

They are in the lobby now.

Any moment now, this elevator will stop, and I will step out. I will need to walk with grace, up to the center of the room. I will need to present them with their pitch. It will be something of interest that I doubt anyone can just walk away from. No, I doubt it will come to that… but if they do walk away…

Ding!

Time to face the music! If only this useless meat would not hinder me so, I must look repulsive to my guests…

I see them, all eleven. They are each in various places of the room, some at the buffet, some sleeping on couches, some looking bored…

“Greetings!” I spoke in a voice not quite my own. There is an otherworldly tone to it, though I can’t understand what makes that quality, something like fate. “I’m sure you’re all wondering why you have been called to this place, gathered as you are.”

You are supposed to be the best.

I want the best.

But is being the best enough to complete the task? We shall see. The first Job is a simple job, comparative to what will truly be in store for you.” I waved at the walls of the lobby, the illusion taking place and seemingly transporting the group out of the room, into utter darkness where they could only see each other and I.

With a snap of my fingers, a hologram of the globe appeared, “It will be a Job that has rewards, yes, but ultimately just a test and a way to see the compatibility of you, as a group. If you can work together as teammates, then the real Jobs begin.”

“Now then… are you interested in what the first mission is?”

I could not keep myself from seeming emotionless anymore.

I allowed a soft grin to slip through my mask.

“There are four pieces of a certain type of wood in this world. Three are under the care of the Church. One is in the underground vault of an associate-turned-enemy of mine, under the careful watch of a large concentration of the more forceful members of the Church.

One is in the Vatican, in a vault in Rome. It is placed several hundred meters below the Sistine Chapel itself.”

At this point in the presentation, a blinking, red spot appeared over Rome on the globe.

“Another is kept in a certain place in Britain. It is equally under the watch of the Church and the Association which covets this piece. I can certainly see why, which I will get to in a moment.”

Another point appeared over London.

“Another is kept in South America, taken there under the guise of Nazi officials escaping the purge following World War Two. However, it too is under the watch of the Church… perhaps the most lightly guarded.

And finally, the piece belonging to my one-time associate, it is in Los Vegas, United States. Quite the… extravagant vault to keep it… it was acquired by the Magus Frank Sinatra back in the early ‘50’s, when he, by some chance intercepted a package of the Church. Now this piece of wood sits in the vault of his successors…

What are they? Why do these pieces of wood hold any value?”

I snapped again, and the globe disappeared.

For a moment, there is only darkness. I allowed their thoughts churn within them, but as I saw them question my questions more, I knew I must reveal what the target truly is.

“I am not religious, but even I have heard of the Cross which the Divine being that led to the start of the Church was crucified upon.” I snapped once more, allowing the image of the Cross to appear… in four pieces. “There is legend surrounding this item, and there is power to it. There is a concept within that defies understanding. But most importantly of all, it is your first target.

The Cross of Christ.

Any questions?"

Mission One

Objectives: The Crucifix

Piece One (0/0)
Piece Two (0/0)
Piece Three (0/0)
Piece Four (0/0)

MssrNeko
October 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM
"Rei Hino"

In midst of the darkness, a gloved hand shoots up.

It belongs to a young Japanese woman with blue eyes. Her long, raven black hair hangs low below her hips. She is wearing a red jacket with a white turtleneck underneath and jeans that hug close, emphasizing her long legs. In her hand is plate with a half eaten steak and some leftover dressing from her already gone salad.

Her presence had garnered a few raised eyebrows; to almost all of those present, many wondered why such a normal looking woman was doing here in such company.

"Before we go on, would you be so kind as to actually introduce yourself?" Rei asks her new employer. "Your message didn't exactly elaborate much and I, for one, don't like working for anonymous people."

SeiKeo
October 30th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evgenia Petrova

A lighter flicks on, setting fire to the tip of a Cuban cigar. "I, for one, do not see the relevance of the matter," cuts a Russian accent. It belonged to a tall, blonde, Russian - of course - woman, with sharp blue eyes and a large burn scar on the right side of her face, reaching up her cheek and over her eye.

Crossing her arms under the large jacket draped over her shoulders, she took a long drag from the cigar before continuing. "It's not our problem who wants these pieces or why they want them: we just have to get them. You're paid for discretion: that includes anonymity on the part of the employer. But, I would like to know who all of you are. We actually need to work together and have some sliver of trust: best to start with names and reason for employment. And because it wouldn't be polite to ask without giving... Lt. Evgenia Petrova, Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti, Spetsgruppa V. Retired, of course. Forced entry, electronic systems, and specialty equipment design. You?"

Erlkonig
October 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM
James Mallen

Sitting on a chair, leaning comfortably on it, James held a bullet to his eye, examining it carefully. Silently nodding, he pocketed it back into his various pockets. He drew his left gun, examining it carefully. Taking a handkerchief, he began to clean its back, polishing the wood until it became shiny with cleanness. Holding his other hand over it, there was a small flash of prana, as the firearm's chamber glowed with energy, something materializing on the inside.

Pocketing the gun, James' head rose as the employer addressed them all. "...Is there somebody else after this object?" James asked, voice rough and cold. "Sorry- Is there somebody else after this object with the capabilities to acquire it?" He rearranged his question after what the object was sank in.

"It's not our problem who wants these pieces or why they want them: we just have to get them. You're paid for discretion: that includes anonymity on the part of the employer. But, I would like to know who all of you are. We actually need to work together and have some sliver of trust: best to start with names and reason for employment. And because it wouldn't be polite to ask without giving... Lt. Evgenia Petrova, Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti, Spetsgruppa V. Retired, of course. Forced entry, electronic systems, and specialty equipment design. You?"

James arched an eyebrow. He was being addressed, so he guessed he might as well reply. "James Mallen, Bounty Hunter, former Law Keeper. One-on-one combat, suppressive fire, support fire, assaults... and whatever you need a gun for." Deciding that answer was enough, he leant back on his chair, and started polishing his other gun, rubbing the handkerchief across the finely crafted wood.

EnigmaticFellow
October 30th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Enigmatic Fellow

Foregoing the food since it is better to err on the side of caution, the anonymous assassin in a navy blue cassock scopes out the lobby as well as what might be his colleagues.

Then, a woman (http://extrascans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/maoyuu.jpg) gives a speech to the various participants of the room which serves as a briefing for their first mission; albeit it being a test more than anything else. It did, however, cause concern to EF.

"If we are to take artefacts from the Holy Church, then there is a question I wish to ask. Was it Merem Solomon that made this request? And if he did not contract for this, would he be in any of the aforementioned areas?"

"It's not our problem who wants these pieces or why they want them: we just have to get them. You're paid for discretion: that includes anonymity on the part of the employer. But, I would like to know who all of you are. We actually need to work together and have some sliver of trust: best to start with names and reason for employment. And because it wouldn't be polite to ask without giving... Lt. Evgenia Petrova, Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti, Spetsgruppa V. Retired, of course. Forced entry, electronic systems, and specialty equipment design. You?"

"I am an anonymous assassin, though I suppose those with us may refer to me as Enigmatic Fellow. I mainly specialize in stealth magecraft and sacraments."

deviatesfish
October 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM

"Before we go on, would you be so kind as to actually introduce yourself?" Rei asks her new employer. "Your message didn't exactly elaborate much and I, for one, don't like working for anonymous people."

"Of course," I nodded, "that is prudent. But, I don't have a... name as you do. Simply call me the 'Dark Lady', if you must. I am your teammate and your boss. Together, we shall take the world... if you are up to the task." There was little else to add to that.

Pocketing the gun, James' head rose as the employer addressed them all. "...Is there somebody else after this object?" James asked, voice rough and cold. "Sorry- Is there somebody else after this object with the capabilities to acquire it?" He rearranged his question after what the object was sank in.

I smirked at this, "You raised a great question! Yes, there are several organizations after each piece. The piece kept within Britain is one that is constantly a topic, between the Associate of Magi and the Church. The one in Los Vegas has the largest concentration of Church members on watch, despite not being in Church possession. The thief of any of the other three will lead to decisive action of this concentration of Church members--an attack perhaps on the facility keeping this piece. Similarly, the one kept in Britain has been a topic which has been escalating clashes between the two organizations in the shadows for the last thirty years. There is enough on that topic to cause a spill over to the rest of both organizations soon enough."

"If we are to take artefacts from the Holy Church, then there is a question I wish to ask. Was it Merem Solomon that made this request? And if he did not contract for this, would he be in any of the aforementioned areas?"

"Solomon is not an issue at this time." I said with a shake of my head, "while these pieces cause conflict, these conflicts are minor to all major players at this time. In fact, the power of these pieces have not yet been fully realized by any of the factions that held them, thus they have little reason to protect these pieces other than for their morale value. It is likely that some of these pieces were even mistaken for something else due to the passage of time, and false pieces were assumed to be the true pieces in their place."

I paused. Ah, I guess he is just being cautious, "you will face a vast number of executioners and other such people, of course. But for all your sake, one important aspect of this specific mission is for your to keep all your identities hidden."

"Also," I added as a footnote, "for this first mission, you will be paid in gold bars."

Katie
October 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Harley Davidson

This was certainly an interesting development. They were going to fetch the Holy Cross... And Harley was sure they'd be paid handsomely in return. An item of such fame must have an equal reward. Of course, retrieving those pieces would be a problem, but they seemed like a competent gro-

Maybe not. There was someone a few you years younger than her, and a child, no less. What purpose would a child have on this team...? It didn't matter, Harley thought. If their employer thought they could successfully retrieve the Holy Cross, then she had an extremely good reason to choose them among the masses.

Harley would reply. They were going to be comrades, after all, and hiding their abilities from one another would not help.

"Lady Harley Davidon, former Enforcer of the abhorrent political clusterfuck that is the Clock Tower, and currently mercenary-at-hire. I specialize in the use of archaic weaponry," she spoke, her English accent apparent in every word.

She listened to their boss, the Dark Lady, as she called herself, answer the other's questions. Surprisingly, the Holy Cross was not held in particularly high regard by the Church or Association; at best, it was something to raise morale. And, of course, they would be fighting hordes of Executioners. That was fairly obvious. But, what piqued Harley's interest was the fact they were being payed in gold bars. It was a fitting price, she supposed. Maybe a bit less, but beggars can't be choosers, after all.

Lianru
October 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Yijie Lan

.......zzzzz...
......zzzzzzzz.......
.......Ding!

.......Huh? Oh, I fell asleep. Well, getting here was pretty tiring......

The child sat up from the couch she had been dozing on, listening to the woman that had stepped out of the elevator while she gave her speech about......wood, then gazing at each person that spoke up in turn.

Hmm? Are they giving out names right now? Okay, then.
As eyes turned towards her as the next person to introduce herself, she yawned, then spoke:

"Hello, you can call me Yijie. I'm a freelance magus. I'm good at, um.....healing people and defending people from attacks, I guess, but I don't really like attacking anything. Uh, nice to meet you all......" She trailed off under the stares of so many adults.
I wonder why I'm here. Unlike me, everyone else is so - professional? Oh well, I guess I was chosen for a reason, there's no use in questioning it now that I'm already here.

Fully awake by then, she sat up properly and waited for everyone else to finish introducing themselves. The Dark Lady had mentioned a payment in gold bars, but she wondered what she would ever do with them. Although they piqued her interest slightly, she decided to think about it later. Looking at all of the people around her, she wondered again if she would actually be of use to all of these hardened fighters. As a team, they could probably finish most missions without even getting a scratch. Shaking it off, she decided to pay attention. Maybe she could learn something useful.

Satehi
October 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Ezio Gallo

Ho?

Stealing the Holy Cross itself, for a starter? Now, this was certainly interesting mission. Sitting up straight from his relaxed position on the couch, Ezio turned to look at the others with whom he’d most likely be working with for while. He hadn’t paid too much attention prior, since there was no guarantee he’d be working, but this was definitely more interesting than anything else he could find.

Well, there was no guarantee they could do it, either, but something like that would better be decided after hearing what they were all capable of.

Seemed like it was his turn to introduce himself. “I’m Ezio Gallo. Nowadays, I’m just another freelance magus. Well, my main specialty as a mage…well, it would be best described as weight and size manipulation. Anyways, it seems like it will be a pleasure working with you all.”

Slinking a bit back into the couch, he thought a bit about their current mission. Surprisingly, the Holy Church and the Association merely thought of the cross as a historical object, whereas- as their employer, the Dark Lady, had information about a property of it that they did not know. Keeping their identities secret would probably be easy for him, although perhaps not for the others.

Theocrass
October 31st, 2011, 12:51 AM
Araneus Romero

A small figure was stretched languorously over an armchair near the corner of the room. A small, blue-haired teenager of indeterminate gender sipped on a glass of red wine with an expression of indifference. His swarthy skin seemed to make his single, golden eye shine in the dimly lit room. He wore a neatly pressed suit, along with an eye patch over his right eye. The hand not preoccupied with his glass of wine was busy stroking the head of a metal spider the size of a small horse.

"I am Araneus Romero. I am ... a weaver. I weave traps, distractions, structures, equipment, spies, and more. I very much look forward to becoming friends with you all." His expression remained carefully blank throughout, so one could be forgiven if they mistook his statement at the end for a sarcastic one. His unblinking eye betrayed none of his thoughts or emotions.

Several metal spiders of various sizes could be seen crawling all over his form, moving in and out of his clothing. There ever seemed to be a few nestled in his hair. They were his eyes. It was through them that he could freely observe the rest of the room.

Though his facial expressions did not reflect it, he truly was excited to be amongst so many people. Beyond a few contacts and such, it had been years since he had had the chance to directly interact with any new people.

Still ... he was also apprehensive. His sister had warned him that people in their field were rarely ... the scrupulous and trustworthy sort. Even despite that, he could find his eye drawn to the statuesque blond who had spoken earlier more than once. He would think of his own scar whenever he saw hers, it was the most similarity he had ever seen between himself and another person.

MssrNeko
October 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM
"Rei Hino"

The Japanese woman opens her mouth to snap back but stops. Deciding against it, she blows a raspberry at Evgenia. With a pout, she puts down her plate and reaches inside her jacket.

Click!

Suddenly, a cloud of smoke bursts from the bottom of Rei's feet. The grey fog rises and envelopes her body until she is no longer visible. The smoke, then, starts spiraling at an alarming rate.

"Come now, Rei. It's not nice to blow raspberries at people," a voice inside the smoke spiral says.

This voice is different: lower pitched with with a slight rasp. The tornado of smoke starts to calm and dissipate. Then the vapors disperse and form a foggy question mark before finally disappearing. Where Rei Hino once stood was a completely different individual. A tall man clad in a blue overcoat and fedora, wearing a black waistcoat and white dress shirt within. While looking like a character straight from the film noirs of the 40s, there was one detail that set him apart.

His face. Or, rather, lack of one. Where his facial features should be was just a blank, with impressions where his eyes should be but aren't.

The stranger takes off his hat and gives short bows towards Evgenia and 'Dark Lady'. "Sorry for Rei. She's a bit new to our business." Straightening himself, he continues, "Allow me to introduce myself. I have many names but none of them are...well, correct. I threw my real name away long ago in order to ask questions that many wouldn't dare to. Information gathering and infiltration are my specialties. As for my name?

"You can just call me 'The Question'. Or just call me Q."

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 02:47 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"Sorry for Rei. She's a bit new to our business." Straightening himself, he continues, "Allow me to introduce myself. I have many names but none of them are...well, correct. I threw my real name away long ago in order to ask questions that many wouldn't dare to. Information gathering and infiltration are my specialties. As for my name?

"You can just call me 'The Question'. Or just call me Q."

Evgenia grinned. "Very Bond of you, Monsieur Q. That's quite the disguise you have there: I'd fancy having a bit of it. As you can imagine, this-" she motioned to her face, stabbing at her scar with her cigar, "can be irritating, though it's not insurmountable."

Theocrass
October 31st, 2011, 08:34 PM
Araneus Romero

His eye widened imperceptibly as he took in the faceless man's sudden appearance. He schooled his expression almost immediately afterward, not that most people would notice any change. He calmed his agitated constructs with a thought, the little show had left them tensed and ready to attack. The boy's familiar clacked his fangs together in agitation, but it took only a few strokes of the hand to bring him under control.

The homunculus' mind raced as he pondered the exact nature of the event he had just witnessed. Some sort ... of possession? Two spirits inhabiting the same body? Is that even possible? Or maybe ... an illusion? But it was so ... real. Some sort of ... shapeshifting ability? But ... that sort of thing seems so ... useless. Why would anyone develop such a skill? Of course, even if such a thing would allow for easy infiltration ... why needlessly put yourself in harm's way when you could just send constructs? The risk seems to outweigh the benefit. Unless ...

The Romero magus reddened briefly. Unless ... it allows him to become a spider?

He felt himself become dizzy at the thought, while something approaching a smile began to form on his face. Such a thing would be ... most wonderful.

Araneus shook his head clear of his musings while making a mental note to inquire later if there was any way he could learn how to become a spider.

He blinked as something occurred to him. Still slightly red in the face, he turned to Evee and asked, "What did you mean when you said Bond? "As far as I know, bond is used to refer to a link of some kind, be it physical or otherwise. And I don't see any of the chains my sister likes to lock me in ..."

The small Spaniard paused, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. "And ... why were we talking about raspberries? I do not see any here."

The boy, though his expression and tone both remained bland and indifferent, came across as honestly confused when he voiced his questions.

Lianru
October 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM
Yijie Lan

Yijie blinked when the Japanese woman suddenly turned into a faceless man, then let her eyesight drift until it fell onto the strange scar on the Russian's face. Interested in its origins, she wondered how severe an injury it could have been to have healed that badly.
She pulled her gaze away when the clicking noises began, turning to face the boy that spoke confusedly but at the same time unconsciously inching away from the strange spider-like familiars that crowded all around him. What was his name? Araneus?

"I think blowing a raspberry is, um, when you make that noise that lady made. But I like actual raspberries, they taste good. Were there none over there where the food is?
As for Bond, uh, I dunno. I think it's a person? Not that it matters that much, though...I don't mean to be rude, but maybe we should keep going, don't you think?"

SeiKeo
October 31st, 2011, 09:11 PM
Evgenia Petrova

He blinked as something occurred to him. Still slightly red in the face, he turned to Evee and asked, "What did you mean when you said Bond? "As far as I know, bond is used to refer to a link of some kind, be it physical or otherwise. And I don't see any of the chains my sister likes to lock me in ..."

Evgenia raised an eyebrow at the comment. "Double-oh-seven, shaken not stirred, bang bang?" she said, punctuating the last point with a few jabs of her cigar. "No? Someone needs to show you some good movies, kid." Honestly, Evvy thought, who in the world doesn't know about James Bond? He looks old enough that he should have at the very least heard the reference, let alone seeing the movies. "I mean, really. The only people I know that haven't seen any Bond are the hardcore party guys: oh ho ho, downfall of capitalism's evils and all that. Or African farmers living on 50 American cents a day, but you are't one of those." Strange.

Erlkonig
October 31st, 2011, 09:52 PM
James Mallen

Bond

"Hm? James Bond?" James spoke suddenly. Looking at all the newcomers, he narrowed his eyes. "I... like James Bond." The gunslinger nodded his head, taking out a hat and putting it on. "A good shooting arm, he has."

Falling silent, the gunslinger looked at the "Dark Lady". "Another question, if I may: When will we begin the operation? Will we all focus together on one piece or act in teams simultaneously?"

deviatesfish
November 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM

Falling silent, the gunslinger looked at the "Dark Lady". "Another question, if I may: When will we begin the operation? Will we all focus together on one piece or act in teams simultaneously?"

"Oh? You accepted then?" I clapped my hands earnestly, more eager than I should have showed. "O-of course you would! A-hem, er... of course," I cleared my throat. Speaking to real people can be quite flustering!

"The plan is simple!

The groups will be divided into two, one working at taking the piece in the vault under the Vatican, while the other group taking the one from under the Church and the Association's noses! Once this is complete, the alarms will be sounded enough that those in Los Vegas will have gotten wind of this situation approximately 15 minutes after this is discovered!

This discovery will cause both sides in Los Vegas to enter a state of war, causing enough confusion for us to go in and grab the hardest to take piece.

Of course, what about the one in South America? I will take care of that one myself. It is simple enough that a single person would be enough.

However, the most crucial part of this plan is for you to never get caught. This alone will allow us an extra two to three hours... on any normal day--

--but of course, this plan will not work well enough to get both teams to Los Vegas in just a mere 2 to 3 hours! We are doing this on March 26th of this year, approximately one month from this day. The guards of the exact vaults will shift due to one of the older traditions of the Knight Order which is responsible for protecting these pieces, allowing the British team exactly four hours from the moment the relic is taken to the discovery of its theft. The Order which protects Vault in the Vatican, however, will need to be subdued and replaced with doubles, to buy us the extra time!

A special transport will be prepared for us, which will take ferry us from the Vatican to the British team and then arrive at Los Vegas at 3 hours after the first three pieces are acquired. This allows us about one hour to weave passed the confusion caused by the battle that will occur to get to the vault before both forces regroup and focus on acquiring and protecting the last piece--rather than killing each other."

I nodded to myself. The plan is simple enough that it should not be a problem for this group to accomplish. If they can do this... then perhaps not all is lost.

"In addition to the rewards, your client has provided you with a special manipulation-type mystic code. In some circles, it has some notoriety... It is an activation type relic that uses prana to start, then gathers and purifies surrounding prana allowing the wielder to bend light or, more interestingly, redirect attention. I suppose to summarize, it allows a form of invisibility and alters minds at an unspecific range to "Notice Other Things". It is called the Pink Panther. I assume this will come in handy."

I set the pink diamond mystic code ring down.

Erlkonig
November 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
James Mallen

"We only get one of those, huh?" The Gunslinger asked, looking at the ring. "...Hmm..." Crossing his arms, he tipped his hat forward. "This... means that one team should get somebody specialized in stealth, while the other gets the ring." James took out his right gun, and did the same thing he had done to the left one. There was a glow of light. He closed one eye and aimed at nowhere in particular. "Who is the... noisiest one here? I believe that one should take the ring." He placed his gun back inside its holster.

deviatesfish
November 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM

I snatched the ring back before someone became brain dead, "You put too much power into it, here," my arm seemed to shimmer for half a second before everyone only saw what was on the other side of it. "The amount needed to activate this is minute, barely more than necessary to exist really."

"Of course, if you purposely call attention to yourself, that's little in the world that even something like this can do. For example

..."

...Everyone spaced out. It was the power of this ring, but I saw that in only around one to two minutes, everyone was already coming to. It's good to know that those I had selected had good mental fortitude.

I snapped my hands, calling attention to myself again, "It can easily cause a whole room of people to space out. There are limitations however. If you are not precise enough, you will cause your own allies to doze off... or you might even wipe someone's mind completely. Also, after prolonged use, it tends to sparkle... so much that--"

The whole room flashed with pink light.

"--yeah. The build up in pure prana does need an outlet. Thankfully, it doesn't do something silly like explode. Usually, prolonged use of more than five minutes would cause the ring to make that light."

I moved on to the next subject, "Preparations for the transport are being made as we speak, and it should be set in fifteen minutes. You may want to familiarize yourself with our current form of transport as soon as you can. Any questions so far?"

SeiKeo
November 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"Yes, I still have questions. What is our particular mode of transport, and how do we plan to divide squads?"

deviatesfish
November 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM

"We are in no hurry as to how to divide your group in two," I smirked cockily as I placed my hands on my hips, "I think it's better if you get to know each other first... that way you can divide yourself due to your own skills...

...Another part of this mission is also information reconnaissance! In this next two weeks, the floor plans, the guard shifts, personnel relationships, and everything else in between--you'll need to collect most of this. Perhaps it would be best to divide up after you have found out what you are facing?

...As to transportation, well..."

I clapped my hands. The ground... it began to shake.

Like a quake of epic proportions, the entire building began to move.

"...You are in it."

SeiKeo
November 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evgenia Petrova

...Another part of this mission is also information reconnaissance! In this next two weeks, the floor plans, the guard shifts, personnel relationships, and everything else in between--you'll need to collect most of this. Perhaps it would be best to divide up after you have found out what you are facing?

"Well," Evvy said, shrugging, "blueprints are fairly trivial, and I'm sure the rest can be such also, considering the level of talent here."

"...You are in it."

Evvy took a long drag from her cigar, silent for a moment. Then... she threw back her head and laughed. "Ahahah! Oh, clever, clever. Quite the setup you've got here, madam. Anyways, I think I'll be going to America first to do some recon. Vegas, baby! Who wants to come with?"

deviatesfish
November 1st, 2011, 01:08 PM

"The many layers of ancient and new wards, or as they call it bounded fields, are anything but trivial!" I pout, "Though there's not much man power protecting these relics now, in the ages past, there were many layers of protections that previous generations added! Well, the hardest for you will probably be breaking into the Vatican vaults..." I frowned. "At least, in passive defenses..."

I grabbed a crystal bead the size of a golf ball and tossed it to Evgenia, "Here, take this if you are leaving. It's a device--one of twelve--that will be linking us together... a easy way to communicate when all other ways fail. Just don't use these links to socialize when you're on the job, alright?"

"If you are in mortal peril, all of them will heat up, warning the rest of us! Isn't it useful?"

Lianru
November 1st, 2011, 01:09 PM
Yijie Lan

As the floor shook, she shifted on the couch, burrowing deeper into it. Hmm, America? She had never been there before. It seemed like an interesting place, but......

"I'd like to go, it seems nice, but shouldn't we figure out which people would work best together as a team? Then we can decide which team goes where. I think it would be better to make a plan and then act..."

Yijie paused.

"....do we even know everyone here yet?"

SeiKeo
November 1st, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"The many layers of ancient and new wards, or as they call it bounded fields, are anything but trivial!" I pout, "Though there's not much man power protecting these relics now, in the ages past, there were many layers of protections that previous generations added! Well, the hardest for you will probably be breaking into the Vatican vaults..." I frowned. "At least, in passive defenses..."

"And, that is why I'm letting the man who seems to know about the Church handle the Vatican," Evvy says as she jabs her cigar at Enigmatic.

I grabbed a crystal bead the size of a golf ball and tossed it to Evgenia, "Here, take this if you are leaving. It's a device--one of twelve--that will be linking us together... a easy way to communicate when all other ways fail. Just don't use these links to socialize when you're on the job, alright?"

"Socialize on the job? Me? Never.​"

deviatesfish
November 1st, 2011, 01:16 PM
The-House-With-Legs, Somewhere 1989

"I suppose it's a good time go you your little social links now, hm?" I smiled as I placed ten others on the table. Each a different color. "Just think the target color, and the holder on the other side will hear what you wish to say."

Theocrass
November 1st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Araneus Romero

"No? Someone needs to show you some good movies, kid."
He tensed. Something about that statement seemed very familiar ... it was almost like he had heard it in some form before ....

His eyes widened as he realized he'd heard variations of it in the all those romance movies his sister liked to watch. Then, abruptly, his face flushed as the implications of what he thought he heard hit him. I-Is it possible? Is she asking me out on one of those ... dates?

The terribly confused and frazzled homunculus boy spent the next minute or so frantically trying to decide on a course of action, though outwardly he only appeared to be somewhat red in the face. He shook himself free of his daze when he heard Evgenia's latest question. What should I do? Should I ask to join her? Is this one of those tests sister mentioned?

As if sensing his distress, his familiar gently butted his head against the boy's hand. An image of Angel smiling at him flashed through his mind. Resolute and determined, the Romero magus spoke up. "I will accompany you ... if you don't mind. From what I little I've heard of your specialties, I think we might be able to work well together."

Erlkonig
November 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM
James Mallen

James Mallen stood, and approached the table. His boots clicked against the floor as he slowly walked to the table, grabbing the Fiery Orange, one like the flame of gunpowder erupting from the muzzle of his gun. "...I'll take this one, if you don't mind." Looking at the ones here, his lips twitched slightly upwards, though his face looked a bit upset, as if he wasn't used to smiling. "We will get along well, I'm sure."

Turning to address Evgenia, he crossed his arms. "You have heard what I specialize in. If you believe you'll be in need of extra firepower that can be at hand most of the time, regardless of situation, then I can come with you."

Theocrass
November 1st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Araneus Romero

With that said, he pushed himself off the armchair and onto his feet. As he stood, metal spiders that had been hiding on his back scurried into the folds and pockets of his clothing, quickly vanishing from sight. He strolled over to the table, his large familiar following closely behind.

He picked up a purple orb and inspected it while sipping from his wine glass. When he ran out of wine, he placed the glass on the table and pocketed the orb.

Lianru
November 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Yijie Lan

Yijie stood up and walked gracefully towards the remaining orbs, selecting the green one and examining it. It glowed briefly as she held it, then faded as she put it in her pocket.

Slightly skeptical of having so many powerful attackers on the first team that there might not be any for the second, Yijie decided that the adults could decide the teams for themselves. Walking back to her couch, she remarked, "I don't really mind where I go. I guess I'll go with whoever wants me on their team."

She curled up again, waiting for the others. The couch was very comfortable, comfortable enough to fall asleep in again...

SeiKeo
November 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"I will accompany you ... if you don't mind. From what I little I've heard of your specialties, I think we might be able to work well together."

So, the kid wanted to come? We are in Vegas, not the best place.... bah, Evvy thought, you're assuming too much from his appearance. He's got to be competent in something. "Welcome aboard the mini-team then, kid."

"You have heard what I specialize in. If you believe you'll be in need of extra firepower that can be at hand most of the time, regardless of situation, then I can come with you."

"I can always appreciate a big bag. Feel free to come."

Evgenia looked around at the rest of the room. "Anyone else? Nobody wants to get drunk and gamble away all your money in Vegas?" she said, dramatically rolling Vegas. A bit silly, she thought, but it was good for effect.

MssrNeko
November 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
The Question

"If information is what you need, then leave it to me," the faceless man states.

Evgenia looked around at the rest of the room. "Anyone else? Nobody wants to get drunk and gamble away all your money in Vegas?" she said, dramatically rolling Vegas. A bit silly, she thought, but it was good for effect.

He turns to Evgenia. "I hope you don't mind if I tag-a-long. Been awhile since I've visited the Sin City and I'm feeling a bit lucky."

EnigmaticFellow
November 1st, 2011, 02:58 PM
Enigmatic Fellow

Upon sight of the mystic code known as the “Pink Panther,” Enigmatic knew that the item in question had something to do with stealth, a theory proven by its demonstration.

"And, that is why I'm letting the man who seems to know about the Church handle the Vatican," Evvy says as she jabs her cigar at Enigmatic.

“Agreed,” the anonymous assassin said to the former Soviet while picking up a black orb. “It appears out of all the people gathered here thus far, I have the best knowledge of the sacraments; though, it will take me some considerable time to break through the wards when that moment comes.”

“As for how the team should be set up, stealth should be the top priority. It should be remembered that this team will be operating at the base of the Holy Church. There won't be much time to leave if anyone were to get found out. The protocols of the Burial Agency would make sure of that. Due to these aforementioned reasons, I suggest that the team getting intel on the Vatican should comprise of only three members.”

“And I already have an idea for one of them,” Enigmatic says as he looks toward The Question. “The other member of the team should use the mystic code offered to make up for their lack of stealth skills.”

MssrNeko
November 1st, 2011, 03:04 PM
The Question

“And I already have an idea for one of them,” Enigmatic says as he looks toward The Question. “The other member of the team should use the mystic code offered to make up for their lack of stealth skills.”

Q notices that Enigma was staring at him. No doubt he wanted Q to join him in the Vatican job. Logically, it was sound and perfect for Question to join Enigma. And he had the perfect cover in the Vatican from one of his previous jobs that he could recycle.

"Haaa....Guess there's always Rome to look for to," he says regretfully. "No gambling for me."

SeiKeo
November 1st, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"Haaa....Guess there's always Rome to look for to," he says regretfully. "No gambling for me."

Evgenia shrugged. "From the City of Sin to the Holy See... quite the change. Well, I hope that we end up in Monte Carlo soon."

Lianru
November 1st, 2011, 04:10 PM
Yijie Lan
The-House-With-Legs, Somewhere, 1989

Hmm, if there are only going to be three people on that team...

Against her better judgement, she spoke up."I'm probably not the best person for stealth, since I can't exactly move very quickly. I suppose I'll be going to America, then.
What's gambling like, Miss Evgenia?"

Yijie paused, recalling something.
"......Or wait, am I not allowed to? If not, well, I don't mind watching."

Now that she had a destination, Yijie had all that she would need. There wasn't anything else to worry about.

SeiKeo
November 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"I'm probably not the best person for stealth, since I can't exactly move very quickly. I suppose I'll be going to America, then.
What's gambling like, Miss Evgenia?"

Yijie paused, recalling something.
"......Or wait, am I not allowed to? If not, well, I don't mind watching."

"Well, you don't look old enough... they shouldn't let you on the floor, but we can get around that. Dealing with this kind of thing is our job: it's no problem."

Ace
November 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Dawn Anderson

Dawn waited patiently with a dull expression on her face. She wasn't in a mood to eat and there wasn't anything else to do. No one in the room seemed like the social type. Ah, finally she arrived. The explanation of their mission was certainly interesting. Stealing the Holy Cross, one of the Church's most prized possessions? It would be a challenge. It showed what she thought about the assembled group's skill level to choose this target for a practice mission.

One by one they introduced themselves. Some of them more interesting than others. Their employer, the Dark Lady was at the top of the list. Things were just becoming more and more exciting. The building was their mode of transportation, they were already discussing splitting the team up into smaller groups. Vegas was already very tempting, she always did feel better when on her native soil. The decision was all but verbally said when Enigmatic said the Vatican team needed to be stealthy. Stealth was not in her area of expertise.

"Alcohol and gambling? What more could anyone ever want?" Dawn smirked. "Never introduced myself did I? I'm Dawn Anderson."

Satehi
November 1st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Ezio Gallo

Well, that was certainly an interesting plan. A simple, easy plan to remember, something he’d have no problems remembering. The Dark Lady seemed to have thought it out nicely, just take out the ones in the Vatican and London, before moving onto Vegas in order to take the last one.

That mystic code seemed interesting, an ironic color for its purpose, he thought.

Woah.

That was cool. The bright pink light made it kind of bad for overly relying on though, unfortunately.

As the room quaked, he couldn’t help but grin a bit. This was turning out to be fun, and the Dark Lady seemed to have quite a bit of surprises up her sleeve, along with their elusive client. Well, it seemed like they'd have to scout out the targets themselves. From the options they had, the Vatican was a definite no, given his lack of stealth or reconnaissance abilities. That left Vegas and London…

“Well, I’m not really good at stealth, and it seems, “He glanced at some of the other people in the room “that the trip to Vegas seems a bit full. Shame, would’ve liked to try my luck there.”

Getting up from his leisurely position at the couch to take one of the orbs on the table, he mused a bit more. “It’s been a while since I went to London, anyways. Who else wants to tag along..?”

deviatesfish
November 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM

"I've not been in London since it was being bombarded, so I think I would like to see how it changed," I offered.

Theocrass
November 2nd, 2011, 01:31 AM
Araneus Romero

The small homunculus boy refilled his wine glass before calmly strolling over to Evgenia Petrova and taking a place beside her. His familiar stalked after him slowly, all the while projecting a cold, menacing presence.

Araneus' single eye alternated between looking at the Dark Lady, and looking down at his wineglass. He touched the rim to his lips and raised the glass, taking a sip of the liquid as it stained his lips.

As he lowered it, he spoke softly. "Miss Evgenia, if you have anything you'd like designed for the scouting mission, or perhaps anything you might need, just send me the blueprints and I can begin construction promptly."

He was sure females liked this sort of thing, when you made stuff for them. Still ... being this close to her was already flustering him. Honestly, though, he would have extended this same offer to anyone else in the room if he thought it would make him a friend.

His eye suddenly found the ceiling very interesting as he began speaking again. "A-And ... I would prefer if you addressed me as Aran," he added, almost bashfully. The boy's cheeks were tinged with red and, while his lips were still set in a firm line, his single eye seemed to look everywhere but at her.

Katie
November 2nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
Harley Davidson

Well, they had a plan, and a lovely Mystic Code to come with it. Although, why was it pink? Pink was such a terrible color. No matter. At least it wasn't exploding, and that was definitely a plus in her book. People were had some infatuation with making things explode as a backup plan. Well, at least her former partner was, and nothing quite really ended well with him. And now, it seemed, that people were splitting up into groups. The Vatican required stealth, and she was no good at that, and Vegas was a tad too crowded for her taste. That only left her home, Britain, which was fine with her. She had business there anyway.

“It’s been a while since I went to London, anyways. Who else wants to tag along..?”

"An Englishwoman, at your service," she said, grabbing the cup of tea she was drinking before the Dark Lady had arrived. She took a sip, and sighed. The current team for Britain didn't seem particularly inclined for stealth, so...

She snatched the Pink Panther off the table. "Well, the British team will be taking this, because, from what I see, none of us are particularly stealthy enough on our lonesome, don't you agree?"

SeiKeo
November 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Araneus Romero

"Miss Evgenia, if you have anything you'd like designed for the scouting mission, or perhaps anything you might need, just send me the blueprints and I can begin construction promptly."

"Hmmmm... blueprints you say? I think I might: see what you can do." So, she thought, building? She wondered what would happen if she threw him the T-72I Block design...

"A-And ... I would prefer if you addressed me as Aran," he added, almost bashfully. The boy's cheeks were tinged with red and, while his lips were still set in a firm line, his single eye seemed to look everywhere but at her.

"You ought to not drink so much: it seems the color of the wine is getting to your cheeks! Aran, is it going to be?" Laughing out loud would be bad form, but it was hard for Evvy to not do so. Did the boy have a crush on her? "Lt. Evvy, or just Evvy if you prefer: either shall do."

Theocrass
November 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Araneus Romero

His blush was already fading as he tested out the name. "Evvy ... "

He found it to his liking.

The homunculus took a moment to consider why his face kept getting so warm. This isn't something that had happened to him before, so he wasn't really sure what to think. Perhaps ... perhaps he was simply attracted to this woman? Is this what attraction felt like?

MssrNeko
November 2nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
The Question

Q notices Aran's red yet confused face.

"It's called 'having a crush', kid. Perfectly normal to have."

He gives a long dramatic sigh.

"Aaaaah...The innocence of youth and young love," he says with a hint of sarcasm. "Although...Do homunculi even go through puberty?" Q asks to no one in particular.

Lianru
November 2nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Yijie Lan

Yijie was bored, and didn't feel like sleeping. Walking over to a group of people, she heard bits of a strange conversation.

"It's called 'having a crush', kid. Perfectly normal to have.
Aaaaah...The innocence of youth and young love. Although...do homunculi even go through puberty?"

Oh well, she was bored. Why not have some fun? She probably wouldn't have much time for it later, so she could act silly now.

"Hello, what's going on in this conversation? I heard that someone has a crush on someone else, already?" She glanced at Araneus, who was still blushing a little bit.
"Oh, I see.....haha, that's nice." Yijie giggled quietly to herself.

"So, how is everyone else doing?"

Ace
November 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Dawn Anderson

Dawn frowned. Crushes? It reminded her of her high school years. They weren't exactly something she remembered fondly. The team to Vegas was already quite full and the Britain group was smaller... She picked up one of the orbs. "On second thought I think I'd like to see Britain," Dawn said. "Although that team seems to be lacking in stealth and scouting ability." She thought it over. Almost everyone had already revealed their specialty so which one was it that specialized in... oh right.

"Hey you," she turned to Araneus. "You said you were good at the construction of familiars? Do you mind lending one of them to us?" Cutting into the teenage drama before it can truly start was for the best.

Business before pleasure as they say.

Theocrass
November 2nd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Araneus Romero

He blinked.

What is a ... crush?

He narrowed his eyes as the faceless man continued. What relevance does puberty have?

He was not entirely sure what was going on at the moment. He tilted his head quizzically as the girl began giggling. I fail to understand what is so amusing about this situation. Perhaps I have said something strange?

The homunculus was glad for the distraction when he heard the woman's question. He set down his wine glass as he considered it. "I do not recall saying that I am proficient in the construction of familiars. I am skilled in the creation of equipment, structures, and Golems, but completely artificial familiars are somewhat ... weak, as I understand it. And, actually ... this-"

He gestured to the large, metal spider that had been following him around.

"-is my only familiar."

"I believe you are referring to-"

He spread his arms out as over a dozen spiders of varying sizes scurried out of his hair and clothing, and onto his arms, sides, and shoulders.

"-my spider golems. They are animated and maintained by my own magecraft, and they are not familiars. I'm afraid they would be of limited utility to you if I wasn't there to command them. You would not be able to share their senses and you would only be able to give them simple commands. And, there is another problem. I've never tried to keep something animated from so great a distance. I do not know that they would even work on another continent."

"In fact ..." he trailed off while the spider constructs scurried back into their hiding places on his body. "I do not even know if you'd be able to do that with normal familiars. I would gladly construct anything you need, but I'm afraid that as far as familiars go, I cannot help you."

He paused, a note of hesitance present in his voice as he spoke. "Although ... if you really would like to have a familiar present ... I can lend you Angel."

He gestured to his large familiar, which seemed to be glaring at the woman.

deviatesfish
November 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM

"Do you really wish to see Los Vegas that much?" I sighed, "Fine, let's drop you off there then. While there, there's something I want you to pick up... are you up for it?"

SeiKeo
November 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Evgenia Petrova

"By all means. Side jobs are always such a pleasure."

Erlkonig
November 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
James Mallen

James nodded. "We'll keep you informed."

Lianru
November 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Yijie Lan

"Fine, let's drop you off there then. While there, there's something I want you to pick up... are you up for it?"

"By all means. Side jobs are always such a pleasure."
Hmm.....it sounded like it (hopefully) wouldn't be too much trouble, so she would just go with it.
"I'm up to it as well, especially if someone else wants to do it. Anything I can do to help, I suppose."

Theocrass
November 3rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
Araneus Romero

Aran took a long drink from his wineglass before speaking. "I do not have any problem with an extra job."

deviatesfish
November 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM

"Alright, it's very simple: there's some people who like to borrow money, but they can't pay that money off. They sell something called 'high-yield bonds', in order to borrow more money to pay off their debts. In layman's terms, these bonds, which are attractive to investors because of their supposedly high returns, are also called 'junk bonds'. Some people here and there want to build a resort in Las Vegas using this method. Some of the money is already on the table, but much of it is still in their vaults. This is borrowed money...

...That's around a little less than $600 million. I want you to take it all from them. The resort is called the Mirage. I will have my contacts meet you on the outskirts of the town. While you might think that this money is in some bank in New York, much of it is already moved to this Las Vegas, ready for the taking."

I took a sip of wine before continuing.

"You might think that this is a worthwhile target, but the paltry $600 million is but a decoy target for your real target. In one of the vaults that hold a portion of this money, there is a Mystic Code that was passed down through a certain Italian family that had moved to New York around one hundred years ago. It is held there because of safety reasons for the Family, but the important thing is what this does. It looks like a necktie, but is in fact a noose that grants limited invulnerability to mana related abilities. The exact ability of this Mystic Code is unknown, but the last user of it, the previous head of the Family, was known to have killed one hundred battle-trained magi in a single night and come out unscathed.

So? Any questions? If you are done preparing, then we will depart immediately."

Lianru
November 4th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Yijie Lan

So, hmm. She didn't quite understand the whole bond stuff (haha), but she was supposed
to steal some money and a Mystic Code. It sounded easy enough, given that it was already in Las Vegas for them.
"I'm okay with everything, as long as everyone else is good. It sounds like a good way to warm up."

Yijie wondered why there were always so many money-hungry people out there, storing away more riches than they would ever need in their entire lives ten times over. 600 million dollars was enough for....a lot of people.

"Well, I don't really need to prepare much. Whenever everyone else is ready, I'm ready. Are we to be dropped off at Las Vegas, then?"

SeiKeo
November 4th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"Sounds like a job. Shall we, gang?"

Theocrass
November 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Araneus Romero

The homunculus cocked his head as he pondered what he had learned of this other job. A mystic code ... I would love to be able to study such a thing ...

He smoothed his long, blue hair with one hand as he considered his options. I could set up a workshop onsite if I need to, but I'd prefer to get some work done now, as well. I'll need to find a suitably large location to set up shop, preferably underground ...

Aran took a sip of wine as he continued to muse. Some raw materials to start out with would not be unappreciated ... but if they cannot be provided I can make do.

He decided to speak. "I am ready to leave, though I do have a few concerns."

The Romero boy took a second to gather his thoughts before continuing. "I was wondering what kind of accommodations we should be expected when we arrive. I require a good-sized area to set up my workshop, preferably underground. So I'd either like to be close to a structure with levels beneath the streets or be close to some undeveloped land, nature I guess you'd say."

He took a long drink from his wine. "That concern aside, I can leave immediately."

His mind was already whirling with possible designs for an underground workshop, each design accounting for minute variations in environment and the like.

deviatesfish
November 9th, 2011, 10:47 PM

I sighed, "No, you will not. If you want space, you'll have to find it yourself."

deviatesfish
November 9th, 2011, 10:51 PM
The-House-With-Legs, Las Vegas 1989

"We're here now, if you would just step out the door, you will have reached your destination."

Erlkonig
November 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
James Mallen

James silently stood from his seat, and walked towards the door- "Wait." He began. "If the house had been moving before, via legs, then wouldn't opening the door lead us to... air?"

Elyrin
November 11th, 2011, 03:37 PM

Lazing back on one of the couches, a Japanese woman picked at her fourth plate of food. The buffet had been nice, but she was really getting bored of all this waiting. A voice in the back of her head urged her to be patient, but it was ignored. What was it that their mysterious employer had called them here for, she wondered? Maybe- oh?

That woman was their employer? Impressive. The woman sat up a bit straighter, allowing her red eyes to wander a bit...

Yami, stop staring. We're here for business, we don't need you being indecent.
Tch. Fine, I'll stop. Can't have you being jealous of our boss, after all.

The woman shut out the stuttering protests of the other voice, but was nice enough to keep her agreement. Normally, she would have put more effort into teasing, but the voice had a point. It was time for business. Yami set her now-empty plate on a nearby table, and sat up to listen to what her employer had planned for the group.

50%

Ohoho, the Cross of Christ? Quite impressive, for a first job - and being paid in gold wasn't bad either - especially if it had powers like the Dark Lady insisted. That Pink Panther was an interesting Mystic Code, as well, although Yami had no need for it. The Vegas team seemed to be full, and the Vatican wasn't really her thing, so...

Rui, you're up.

The woman stood up from her seat, walking over and picking up a bright red orb from the few that remained. She turned to address the others in the room, Japanese accent barely perceptible to those who listened for it.

"Ah, a moment. Before you go, I believe I should introduce myself as well, even though we won't be working together immediately. Yamada Akarui, specializing in illusion, detection, stealth, and distraction. I am capable of fighting, of course, but a combat specialist would be more effective in that regard."

Keeping secrets, are we, Rui-chan~?
I will tell them of your existence. Eventually. Do not try to ruin this.

"I would be prefer to be on the London team, personally. Is that agreeable, Dark Lady?" The woman bowed slightly towards her new employer, a small smile playing about her lips.

Satehi
November 11th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Ezio Gallo

"I've not been in London since it was being bombarded, so I think I would like to see how it changed," I offered.

“It would be a pleasure to have you along,” He said, “as with the rest of you. The more, the merrier, I think.”

Sitting back onto the couch, he watched as the rest of the conversation went on. The Las Vegas group got another assignment, apparently. More work for them, although also more fun. As they finished discussing the details of their little extra mission, they arrived at Las Vegas. Maybe he'd go and take a look at it before they left.

deviatesfish
November 16th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Las Vegas Outskirts, 1989

The blistering sun bore down upon you as you walked out of the House-With-Legs, only to see, from the outside, that there was no house. Only a mere ripple, like the surface of a body of water, occurred when someone exited, dropping you and your friends down into the sands over looking Las Vegas.

This city is not yet the greatest, most infamous city of sin in the world... yet. It is still developing, with many construction sites all over the place. It is still humble, though the casinos of great fame were all there. It is already a headquarters of the underground, their thugs washing away and counting their money while their brains and leaders smoke their Cuban cigars. Of course, much of this, is just common knowledge to those who practice magecraft, for Las Vegas is not only a den of gambling, prostitution, and other sins, but also an underground market of the rarer... ingredients... for many researchers and practitioners of magecraft.

Your group is dropped on the sands, hidden by some natural fauna, when a man approaches you.

He is tall, with dark skin and tribal paint on his face. In this kind of attire, he looks like a Native American. With an annoyed glare at your group, he grumbles, "This is what She sent me? You lot? You look like you can't do it... but I guess what the hell, the heist needs to be done anyway." He scratches his head before lighting a cigarette. Seeing your glances, he offers you one too. It looks cheap. "Yes? You want one? No? Whatever. I'm Dressed-in-Hairy, your... ahem... contact. If you were expecting a secret underground lair or something, you... ah, what the hell, that joke's old. Look, we're going to the Motel, where I'll brief you. It's... safer there. Unless you have some other things to do around town first, I suggest you get those things done first, because once you pull this job, I don't think you want to be in town for a while."

House-With-Legs, 1989

"Well, that takes care of them," I smile, "S-so, where would you guys like to go next?"

SeiKeo
November 17th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evgenia Petrova

"This is what She sent me? You lot? You look like you can't do it... but I guess what the hell, the heist needs to be done anyway." He scratches his head before lighting a cigarette. Seeing your glances, he offers you one too. It looks cheap. "Yes? You want one? No? Whatever. I'm Dressed-in-Hairy, your... ahem... contact. If you were expecting a secret underground lair or something, you... ah, what the hell, that joke's old. Look, we're going to the Motel, where I'll brief you. It's... safer there. Unless you have some other things to do around town first, I suggest you get those things done first, because once you pull this job, I don't think you want to be in town for a while."

"Motel? Why, isn't out employer skimping on the accommodations? How about we go, see what the job is, and then have some fun, ​gang?"

deviatesfish
November 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM

"Eh, he he," Dressed-in-Hairy scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "If you want to stay in the more... ah, heh, more luxurious accommodations, you ah... might have to face some... ah... unsavory individuals who ah... might..." He look down at the ground.

He looked back up, "Oh, you're ah, still here? W-well, if you go into the better accommodated areas, the walls have ears... and eyes... and noses... and maybe even tongues, if you catch my drift? But if you're here for fun, why don't you get the job done first, eh? Unless you got another job around, that is."

Erlkonig
November 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM
James Mallen
Las Vegas Outskirts 1989

It was at this time that the gunslinger decided to speak up. "Unsavory?" The man paused. "...After the job is done, I would like to take a detour, and deal with these... "Unsavory" guys." He then shook his head. "Are you saying that while the Motel is not well-accomodated, it provides a silent area of operations?"

deviatesfish
November 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM

"Well, it's not the... best, persay," Dressed-in-Hairy shrugged, "but it's my headquarters of operations, so to speak."

Erlkonig
November 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM
James Mallen

"It's fine..." James mumbled out. "So long as it gets the job done..."