PDA

View Full Version : Nanowrimo '11

anamesis
November 1st, 2011, 03:54 AM
And thus begins another month of vast procrastination and stubborn single-mindedness in the pursuit of a goal that seems like a far off dream...

GOD DAMN IT, I WILL DO IT THIS YEAR!

I think I repeated this to myself last year, when in a vain attempt I clocked in at about 14,400 three weeks in and sobbed to myself in a corner.

But not this year! (hopefully)

for those of you who have never even heard of this:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Join up! sign up! get cracking if you haven't already!

And the rest of this space will probably get reserved for the lame ass novel that is produced by yours truly over the next few weeks.

Nano-buddies, join me in this adventure!

----

MUDA-DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA

Aladar
November 1st, 2011, 05:06 AM
Just one question:

Time. How do you find it?

anamesis
November 1st, 2011, 05:44 AM
A couple hours out of my day, some good sound-blocking headphones and some decent tunes.

I have about 3300 words right now, if I keep it at this pace I should be fine for the month...hopefully ;_;

FcS
November 1st, 2011, 07:30 AM
I'm joining for the first time this year :neco_arc: though, I need to figure out what the conflict of the story will be lol. I'll probably be having difficulties with time too though, November is always a busy month for me :/ Good luck for people doing this!

Bloble
November 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
I'm conflicted about joining this.

On one hand, I've been planning to, but on the other, I already have a fic, and I've only just gotten past 2 months of writer's block...

Five_X
November 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM
I managed to write 50k back in August even without an outline, so now that I have one it shouldn't be all that hard.

anamesis
November 2nd, 2011, 03:48 AM
Anybody else doing this, feel free to use a post as a placeholder and edit in your 50K as it comes

that is what I am going to do now anyways.

SOB SOB SOB, this is going to be a long month for me.

Blue
November 2nd, 2011, 05:27 AM
Good luck guys! You can do it!!

Elf
November 2nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
I'm doing my own version of this. Taking all the time I generally work on fanfic and working on my original novel. I'll still post updates in the thread below in my signature.

So if you want to read an Original Elf creation, click on the below link!

RacingeR
November 2nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
I would have joined this so hard if I didn't have 12 exams this month.

esgalia
November 2nd, 2011, 09:29 PM
Oh man, why can't they choose a less busier time?

Good luck everyone, go for the 50k!

mangafreak7793
November 2nd, 2011, 09:40 PM
I want to try but I'll be having trouble since I need to work on other things as well.

I'll do something about it though.

Xamusel
November 2nd, 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm in this year for the first time... I'll be working well and hard in this project.

GARcher
November 6th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I have absolutely NOTHING to do this month, but I still won't do it... I'm a slow writer and I'm also writing the other novel, so I'm afraid I won't be able to. But NaNoWriMo should be fun, it's like one of those games of chess with a really short time limit to make your moves... Sometimes the most creative ideas come from not being able to think things through. :p

anamesis
November 29th, 2011, 04:44 AM
So with about two days left in November...

yeah I am boned.

Five_X
November 29th, 2011, 05:23 AM
So with about two days left in November...

:D

Who's awesome? I'm awesome.

anamesis
November 29th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I am going to attempt to at least get to 20k...or hell, even 10k!

Final Verdict

EXPERIMENT...FAILED

Five_X
December 4th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Managed to write 50k+ words. No big deal.

When I write, I write.