PDA

View Full Version : Shin Megami Tensei: Persona of an Ashikabi

Xamusel
November 11th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Okay, guys, same routine here as in hero's PersonaxGantzxFate/stay Night crossover. I am writing this out of an idea I came up with yesterday local time, which was refined by speaking with VelspertheCat, and I have a solid idea about how the beginning will be detailed. Also, no, even though it's a crossover with Sekirei, I'm not requiring any knowledge of the original show or manga, because this will crush the canon of Sekirei beneath the heel of its boot. That much is guaranteed, because I'm hoping to get new fans involved, and I mean to both shows.

And so... without further ado, I present to you the first part of the prologue, which is all I managed to get to writing at the present time.

Darkness… all I could see was darkness everywhere. That was the first thing that I could note when I awoke from what I thought was my untimely end… nothing but pure darkness clouding my vision for all around me, but nothing on me that would indicate that there was darkness all around. It should be noted that I am wearing a pair of blue jeans, a white shirt, a pair of brown shoes and a green coat over the shirt, and that I have dark brown hair and blue eyes with a rather cutesy face for a boy… something about how I was born a Bishounen by Kami-sama himself.

…That’s right, I was drowning trying to save a girl that was on the verge of drowning herself… I hope that the girl was saved somehow. I guess I forgot to kick my shoes off and throw away my coat when preparing to swim to save her… but I was in such a hurry as well. Well, at least I’m unable to know most of the things now, given how I’m actually dead right now…

Wait, I see something in the distance, but what is it? It’s an unusual sight; at least for the total darkness that I see here, but it’s some sort of light… a blue light to be honest about the situation. I certainly hope that Heaven could hold a better answer than this, as to where I am. I step over to the light, and what I find is interesting, to say the least… it’s as if there’s an office complex in here and I never noticed it before. Heading over to the complex, I note that there’s a door that leads to the CEO’s office, but underneath the label for the CEO’s office, it says something in gibberish, but I feel like I’ll be able to read it later.

As soon as I notice that there’s nothing else to investigate in the area, I open the door, and I notice a few things different from normal CEO offices. First off, I notice that everything is in blue fabric, except for the man at the desk, who wasn’t wearing anything blue. The second thing I noticed off was that the man was some sort of hunch-back with a balding head of white hair and an extremely long nose, one that wasn’t possibly normal. The third thing was that there was an attractive woman who could make any man desire to ravage her… unless they’re dead like me.

There were more things to note, but before I could get all the attention deserved to the different things, the man at the desk said something that I will never be able to forget, “Welcome to the Velvet Room, my esteemed young guest.”

---

Prologue: A meeting within the Velvet Room that forges a new destiny

---

As I stared at the man in front of me, my mind registered that this was a place called the Velvet Room, and that I was apparently a guest for the man. What I didn’t fail to miss was that he motioned for me to take a seat at the desk in front of him, which I understood to mean that I was in need of doing business with him, and that was something I figured would be needed some time down the road. Without question, I went over to the chair and sat down to see what I needed to know, which I hope was important before I passed on to heaven.

When I was given a moment to adjust to the leather seat, I was told by the man in front of me, “Ah… it’s so nice to see a guest after such a long time without one. My name is Igor, and I will be glad to answer any questions you have about this place, and about the journey you have.”

After a moment, I found my voice, and asked him, “Which way to Kami-sama from here, Igor-san?” What I was expecting was a direction to the final destination my soul would take, but what I got was laughter from the old man, who laughed for about a minute before he calmed down enough to speak again.

“I’m afraid that Death itself is not willing to take one who’s comatose,” he said as if it should be obvious what my condition is… and then it hit me, he said comatose! That means that I’m seeing this in a dream or something… though that doesn’t make sense.

After I compose my thoughts for a bit, I ask Igor, “So, could you tell me where I am, if not waiting for the ferryman?” Before he could answer, I amend the question, “I mean, where am I, at least outside of here, and where is here?”

With a bit of a wait between the question and his answer, I noted that he had a pleased look in his eyes, as if he was pleased that I worked out some of my situation now. Still, with no clues to go on, I’d be happy to grasp for as many straws as possible that held a clue to what I need to know, but I’d just as easily toss them away if they proved to be wrong information.

I must’ve shown the apprehension on my face, because Igor replied, “In your world, you are currently in a hospital bed waiting to awaken. However, currently you are in a place between dream and reality, mind and matter…”

…Okay, so I was in between the real and the fictional… that would make no sense to someone like my mom, who’s a scientist, but I’m willing to accept the reality of my situation. Currently I’m in a coma; I’m in a place that’s in a separate reality where my consciousness is at, and I’m about ready to know more about my current location and status. With a nod to Igor, I said to him, “I see what you’re saying…”

With a chuckle, Igor replied, “I’m glad that you’re one with an open mind. Now, then, do you have much interest in the occult?”

With a raised eyebrow, I respond, “I’m planning on being a scientist like my mother is, Igor-san, but I don’t suppose that would apply to here, would it? I mean, I’m hoping to eventually find the answer to if there’s life on other planets, as that’s a major goal in my life to prove to others around me.”

“Indeed,” Igor replied, as if he was interested in my career choice. When he spoke next, it seemed as if it was completely off-topic, but all the more on it as well, “I would like to introduce to you my assistant, Yume. I believe that she has something important to say.”

Turning to the brown-haired beauty, I noted that her eyes were also brown and that her figure was a perfect hourglass… wait, I mustn’t be perverted at this time! After shaking my head to clear the thoughts, I noticed that her gaze was locked with mine, and that she was about to speak. When she spoke, it was rather enlightening to me, and yet it was in a sad tone of voice, “My name is Yume, and I am a species of alien your kind has dubbed Sekirei, though we are more human in appearance than anything.”

Ah… now I understand. I guess that humanity had evolved better in other places than Earth. I just hope that the Sekirei don’t try to invade the planet or something like that… and I’ll be rather peeved if it turns out that they already did a long time ago!

“Ah,” Igor spoke up, seeming to remember something, “I almost forgot to ask for your name. Could you please fill the contract which you must abide by? From there, I will be able to tell you you’re fortune, my esteemed and young guest.”

…My name? I hope I remember it after all that happened to me in the coma and with the drowning incident. If I recall correctly, my name is…

What do you guys wish to name this nameless hero? If you guys think it's best to go with the canon name, or if it's best to give him a new name and family name altogether, then voice your opinions!

Until I get enough votes on the matter, I hope to see you guys again soon, and with this story updated as well.

Mormarth
November 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I demand he be named Fag Bals. :<

It's traditional!

burningclaw2
November 11th, 2011, 11:49 AM
just for laughs I nominate Rock Hikari for first and last name respectively.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 11th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Fag Bals.

TRADITION

Xamusel
November 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM
...Okay, Rock Hikari 1, Fag Bals 2... though I'd rather there were two serious choices to choose from.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I am serious about Fag Bals.

*glares*

Xamusel
November 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Sorry, IRUn, I was hoping for a less-stupid name choice to go with other than Rock Hikari... I'm hoping that there's something along the lines of serious names soon (other than Rock Hikari, which I like, but this is a vote after all).

Apple
November 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Glory E. Faith.

Xamusel
November 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Hmm... Okay, Rock Hikari 1, Glory E. Faith 1, and Fag Bals 2... though I hope that the last one gets overrun in votes.

Anybody else?

ItsaRandomUsername
November 11th, 2011, 06:41 PM
My vote still stands.

:3

Ufufufufufufu~

Apple
November 11th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Erm... I actually meant to vote for Fag Bals while nominating Glory E. Faith.

(just kidding/trolling)

ItsaRandomUsername
November 11th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Fag Bals has three votes now?

Ufufufufufu~

Sei
November 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Akira Kokuei.

Cause I say down with tradition!

burningclaw2
November 11th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Xam you get a vote as well, and since your the Author your vote counts as two.

Too bad you nominate a name then you are voting for it.

Xamusel
November 12th, 2011, 01:25 AM
...Did I forget to mention that this is a male character?

...Well, I'll be fixing the main post soon, at any rate. I was told of some errors that needed to be fixed, like how some people don't know what L looks like (because they've not seen Death Note), so... after fixing this part of the prologue, I'll get to continuing with the name voting, so... yeah.

Xamusel
November 12th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Alright, guys, I've got some news for you all. Thanks to AlfheimWanderer, I have a name for you to decide upon, and it actually fits with the protag's character.

Say hello to Watanabe Satoshi (Japanese order)! Then again, I'll be needing some approval for it, so...

Alulim
November 12th, 2011, 03:54 AM
That name is fine.

Xamusel
November 12th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Okay, (Japanese Order) Watanabe Satoshi-2, Rock Hikari-1, Fag Bals-3 and Glory E. Faith is nominated... what does that tell you about the bad name idea being taken seriously?

Okay, I'll go put in my vote for Satoshi as well. This ought to make for a more interesting idea now...

Now, off to work.

burningclaw2
November 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Unless Hikari Rock(Japanese order) gets another vote then I shall put mine in with Satoshi.

Apple
November 12th, 2011, 01:03 PM
You guys should highlight my posts my often.

Xamusel
November 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Okay, poll closed, it's Watanabe Satoshi now.

I'll be finishing the prologue now... and I'll let you know what it'll be like when it's done.

B.B. Rain
November 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Wait, what was that about L? Is this a Death Note crossover too, or is someone an expy of L, or what?

Xamusel
November 14th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Ah, no, it's just that the protagonist looks like L and I was playing on the fact originally before I fixed that error (because most people wouldn't know Death Note).

That answer the question?

B.B. Rain
November 15th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Yeah, I get it. Just making sure that I got it right, y'know?