PDA

View Full Version : A Type-Moon Faction is Beast's Lair!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Shaderic
November 16th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Based roughly on this (http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=174015)concept.

The theory runs something like this.

The members of the Beast's Lair get sucked into the Type-Moon universe. Not just a handful. Not just a dozen. All of them.

The active ones anyway. Which, as of my writing this, stands at over five hundred. That's a lot, isn't it?

However, even numbers don't mean a lot against some of the nastier critters on this world. Fortunately, you have some time before you are all forced to integrate with the greater magical communities. For the next three years, you will be confined to a single (former) magi facility. It's been rendered (mostly) safe for you to inhabit, while you learn and teach yourselves what you can about the world you are now in.

At the end of that period, you will be re-integrated with the world, and from there, it is up to you to choose what to pursue. Howeverr, there is strength in numbers, and this moonlit world isn't exactly safe. And this assumes you aren't all brutally murdered by a comrade who decided go Dead Apostle on your asses before you even have a choice to leave.

Anyway, I'm interested in feedback right now. Who'd be interested, ideas for plot, that sort of thing.

I'm also asking for opinions on the specifics of how we should tie this thing together. For example:

What year should it be in the Type-Moon Timeline?

This is important, because it lets us establish a degree to which we can either take advantage of past events, or interfere in more present ones.

The Date will be in 1995.

Where should the 'Base' be?

Putting the Base, which needs a proper name, in Japan since all the 'major' plots happen there, is a good idea. Especially as it moves us further outside the circles of the power-houses like the Church and the Clock Tower. At the same time, there's good logic in setting up near the Clock Tower, and seeking to enter the Association. Of course, that has it's own dangers.

The Lair is in Japan, underneath Mt. Fuji.

Do we want to do resource management?

While it's all very fine for the rich and dandy looking mages from the Clock Tower to not have gainful employment, magic kinda costs money. As does food and electricity. While we could just handwave it away, finding ways to earn money to pay for stuff, or going on quests to collect rare materials could be pretty interesting ways of adding some meat to the plot.

Co-GM?

The Nasu-verse is not my strongest subject. I wouldn't mind help putting together responses and figuring out whether or not something should be possible of not.

Anywho, I supose I should explain how gameplay for this would work. We're looking at role-play segments, broken up by time skips. One lists what they want to work on and study for, say, a three month long period. The GM rolls his dice, thinks about the feasability of what's happening, and gives a response as to the successes and/or failures of the attempt. I'll admit, that the initial bits are probably going to be kind of boring. Then again, it's the prologue. Stick with it, and eventually we'll emerge into the moonlit world. Whether or not we'll live for very long beyond that, we'll see.

So, yeah. Anyone interested in playing this, or helping me flesh it out for a proper game?

Co-GMs have been selected.

EDIT

General Format:

The IC thread’s first three posts will be GM and Co-GM Posts, revealing the players that they are responsible for. Co-GMs may manage their posts as they see fit, however it is recommended that they at least compile basic data for their players there. Co-GMs will be managed by the primary GM to enforce fairness.

After that, the players may post IC. Their initial posts should contain some general character information. Character name, age, appearance, that sort of thing. Something to help people visualize. The actual role-playing bit should be, initially, just a personal reaction to the strange new place you’ve found yourselves in, along with inter-character interaction.

Once the players have got that done, they can also put their ‘plans’ for the first week up. Three things they’re going to try and do, or figure out. Also, for the sake of keeping the time-line relatively clear here, if everybody could label the time period of their posts, so we could keep things straight, that’d be cool. For example, just put a bold WEEK 1 at the top of your post. That way, if people are still talking when we get into week 2, we can keep it straight.

After the first ‘round’ has been completed, the Co-GM’s and I will put together a general information post. Think of it like a news bulletin, that describes the general state of affairs at the Base. From there, we’ll do another couple of week-long increments, until we hit a level where things are relatively stable. Then, we’ll move forward in bigger chunks, until we hit the next relevant chunk of plot.

Which, for reference’s sake, happens at the One Year mark.

PLAYER SLOTS.
GM-Shaderic
Co-GM: LeopardBear

GROUP 1: GM Responsible: Shaderic

1: Fangstrike
2: Usandru
3: Enigmatic Fellow
4: AlfheimWanderer (Co-GM)
5: Yun (Co-GM)

Group 2: GM Responsible: LeopardBear

6: Lianru
7: Optimus
8: Elyrin
9: Airen
10: Satehi

Group 3: GM Responsible: AlfheimWanderer

11: Zlol365
12: Ace
13: Froggie
14: Sei
15: Blackdeath6031
16: Deviatesfish

Group 4: GM Responsible: Yun

17: 2ndsly
18: RacingR
19: Chaosgreyblood
20: Bloble
21: Drakon136

Waiting List

-1:KnightTurtle
-2:Esgalia
-3: Dis Laplace

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Well, the concept sounds decent, but the idea of all the BL members being sucked in is likely to cause problems, because it means people can justifiably drag in other forumites as NPCs, and that person might not be too happy about how they're portrayed.

As for the time, it depends somewhat on what we wish to do. Are people likely to want to fix the various problems early (in which case around the time of the birth of the various MCs would be a good idea for our arrival), or will we want to deal with the actual characters theirselves? However, prior to the beginning of Tsukihime would probably be a sensible choice, because it means you don't need to choose a route to follow, and consequentially you don't limit who players can interact with and what they can do (plus you avoid the argument about which route to choose, especially with FSN).

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Well, the concept sounds decent, but the idea of all the BL members being sucked in is likely to cause problems, because it means people can justifiably drag in other forumites as NPCs, and that person might not be too happy about how they're portrayed.In which case couldn't the one who was wrongly portrayed announce that the NPC is a wrong representation of him, and thus was actually someone else, and the person who dragged him in was mistaken?

...Bleh, English...failing today.. ;w;

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
A little bit of what Mike said.

My main concern is that if we're talking about everyone as "forumites" being sucked into Nasuverse, we'd all either:

a.Goof off.
b. Destroy the fourth wall
c. Argue over power levels, this, and that

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
This is going to be... interesting...

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM

My main concern is that if we're talking about everyone as "forumites" being sucked into Nasuverse, we'd all either:

a.Goof off.
You got a point there.

zlol365
November 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Cool stuff. I supportz this.

IF EVERYTHING IS OP, THEN MAKE EVERYONE OP TO MAKE IT BALANCED!
/inb4 i get sniped for weird logic.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:04 PM
In which case couldn't the one who was wrongly portrayed announce that the NPC is a wrong representation of him, and thus was actually someone else, and the person who dragged him in was mistaken?

...Bleh, English...failing today.. ;w;

No, because then they'd have to state who it actually was. And, if someone gets portrayed as a raging Sakura fanboy, I very much doubt that it can be seen as anyone but me, even if the portrayal itself is horribly inaccurate....

a.Goof off.

Well, we'd likely argue a lot over what to do. Most of us who actually care about the characters probably have goals which are not mutually exclusive, though....

And, whilst some people would indeed "goof off", a lot wouldn't. There are a huge bunch of characters in the Nasuverse who need help of some kind, and most of us care enough about at least one of them to go out of our way to fix their issues.

RacingeR
November 16th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Well, we'd likely argue a lot over what to do. Most of us who actually care about the characters probably have goals which are not mutually exclusive, though....

Those who care about more than one character aren't going to have that many problems. Those that care about one at the detriment of the others.... well, that's not going to end pretty.

Then again, I would probably care more about my own survival than about characters I have no chance to meet from my point of view.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Those who care about more than one character aren't going to have that many problems. Those that care about one at the detriment of the others.... well, that's not going to end pretty.

Well, fortunately, I do care about more than one character. I just care about Sakura more. And, unless some moron decides to try to hurt Sakura, I don't see any issue there, honestly. I'm not going to kill Rin or anything like that.

Then again, I would probably care more about my own survival than about characters I have no chance to meet from my point of view.

Well, here you can meet them.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM

Then again, I would probably care more about my own survival than about characters I have no chance to meet from my point of view.Almost the same on my end.

I'd still would like to interact with characters freely.
Though entering combat without any personal, practical experience would be the worst possible idea orz.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Oh man. No strikes against you Shade, but we all probably can't get along well enough for this to work properly.

RacingeR
November 16th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, what LB said. We could conceivably separate in teams or factions, but once the situation of Fuyuki happens, we'll come to blows and direct combat, specially when it comes to pushing Shirou into a route or the other.

Blackdeath6031
Oh man. No strikes against you Shade, but we all probably can't get along well enough for this to work properly.
Unless we split into camps?

...That'd make things harder anyway. orz

EDIT: Sniped by Race X_x

Sei
However, even numbers don't mean a lot against some of the nastier critters on this world. Fortunately, you have some time before you are all forced to integrate with the greater magical communities. For the next three years, you will be confined to a single (former) magi facility. It's been rendered (mostly) safe for you to inhabit, while you learn and teach yourselves what you can about the world you are now in.

So are we pretty much starting off powerless and building ourselves up? :/

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah, what LB said. We could conceivably separate in teams or factions, but once the situation of Fuyuki happens, we'll come to blows and direct combat, specially when it comes to pushing Shirou into a route or the other.

Well, I'll just be chilling in Mifune with Alf, but yeah, this.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:13 PM

Well, I certainly intend to free Sakura well before that point if possible, and I don't intend to force the story down the HF route specifically because that means a bunch of people dying (although I would, of course, like to pair Shirou with Sakura)....

As for whether we end up fighting each other, it depends if we can come up with a solution which satisfies everyone. We know we can save three servants, in theory at least, but whether that's enough is another matter....

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Well, I certainly intend to free Sakura well before that point if possible, and I don't intend to force the story down the HF route specifically because that means a bunch of people dying (although I would, of course, like to pair Shirou with Sakura)....Beware of Shirou dense tiemz :<

RacingeR
November 16th, 2011, 10:15 PM
(although I would, of course, like to pair Shirou with Sakura)

That's where the problem will come, and I am pretty sure blood is going to rain with that xD.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Beware of Shirou dense tiemz :<

Well, yeah, lol.

That's where the problem will come, and I am pretty sure blood is going to rain with that xD.

Why?

Killing each other over who we think Shirou should be paired with is pretty damn extreme....

Shaderic
November 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM
No, because then they'd have to state who it actually was. And, if someone gets portrayed as a raging Sakura fanboy, I very much doubt that it can be seen as anyone but me, even if the portrayal itself is horribly inaccurate....

Hey, if a cameo styled carricature offends you, let people know. It might not get the poster to actually change it, but it can affect such things as the GM hinting that such actions aren't appropriate via alteration of success rates.

And, whilst some people would indeed "goof off", a lot wouldn't. There are a huge bunch of characters in the Nasuverse who need help of some kind, and most of us care enough about at least one of them to go out of our way to fix their issues.

And herein is where I think we hit the biggest issue. The starting point. I've considered dates as early as 1988, giving plenty of time to go and fuck with the Fourth Grail War before it could even begin. However, assuming that one was 18 at that point, by the time the mid-2000s roll around, along with main characters, you all'd be in your mid thirties. Which could make interacting with the cast kind of awkward. I'm also assuming you'd all like to stay relatively young during the more active parts of the game.

And hey, nothing stops an argument like having to deal with a bunch of the Dead showing up to eat your face. So, there's other things for you guys to worry about.

EDIT

And I am, quite horribly, ninja'd.

Also, are you guys really that passionate that you'd beat each other up over pairings? I know the Internet can be SERIOUS BUSINESS but geeze.

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Is it just me, or is there hostility here?

RacingeR
November 16th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Is it just me, or is there hostility here?

Eh, there isn't, at least for now.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Is it just me, or is there hostility here?Welcome to Beast's Lair. Home to non-Japanese Type-Moon fans. And a den to beasts and trolls(read 'haters and trolls')
:3

EDIT: Also, what Race said. It hasn't started.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Why?

Killing each other over who we think Shirou should be paired with is pretty damn extreme....

More like get exceedingly buttmad OOC and ragequit.

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Personally, I say we really shouldn't try to screw with a person's life in order to set them up with one particular person.

Save Sakura, yes. Try to prevent horrible thigns from happening, yes.

Trying to manipulate someone's love life because we think they should be set up with one particular person? Uuuuuh... that sounds kind of petty and pointless and stupid, compared to the much better things we could be doing with our time in the Nasuverse.

Such as, you know, trying to stop the various horrible things that are happening all over in this grimdark universe. Shirou/Sakura/Rin/Saber/Whoever's LOVE LIFE of all things should not take precedent over that.

RacingeR
November 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM
More like get exceedingly buttmad OOC and ragequit.

Yeah, there would be a LOT of fights happening OOC.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Personally, I say we really shouldn't try to screw with a person's life in order to set them up with one particular person.

Trying to manipulate someone's love life because we think they should be set up with one particular person? Uuuuuh... that sounds kind of petty and pointless and stupid, compared to the much better things we could be doing with our time in the Nasuverse.

Such as, you know, trying to stop the various horrible things that are happening all over in this grimdark universe. Shirou/Sakura/Rin/Saber/Whoever's LOVE LIFE of all things should not take precedent over that.
That's true.

But affecting it through the usual chit-chat and gossip...shouldn't be too much of a problem? If you leave it to the point there they are completely free and unobstructed to make their own decisions?

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Also, are you guys really that passionate that you'd beat each other up over pairings? I know the Internet can be SERIOUS BUSINESS but geeze.

Welcome to Beast's Lair :D

But, seriously, this sounds like a cool idea but people here can get really, really stubborn and really, really passionate.

Myself? I'd stalk Kotomine and be happy.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Hey, if a cameo styled carricature offends you, let people know. It might not get the poster to actually change it, but it can affect such things as the GM hinting that such actions aren't appropriate via alteration of success rates.

But I can easily imagine people doing it to the point of character-bashing and, worse, using that carricature to cause the opposite effect from what the person would intend. In that case, just "altering success rates" isn't really enough....

And herein is where I think we hit the biggest issue. The starting point. I've considered dates as early as 1988, giving plenty of time to go and fuck with the Fourth Grail War before it could even begin. However, assuming that one was 18 at that point, by the time the mid-2000s roll around, along with main characters, you all'd be in your mid thirties. Which could make interacting with the cast kind of awkward. I'm also assuming you'd all like to stay relatively young during the more active parts of the game.

Yeah, that's the issue, really.

Ideally, we'd want to start at the very beginning, so we can interact with everyone (including the Zero characters), but that is hard to achieve given the length of time it would take to get to the main stories. Unless we start out younger than our normal ages, I guess....

Still, I can't see how you can start any later than three years before the beginning of Tsukihime, or else you lose a huge chunk of the main characters, and you're also forced to arbitrarily pick a route to follow.

And hey, nothing stops an argument like having to deal with a bunch of the Dead showing up to eat your face. So, there's other things for you guys to worry about.

I'm not convinced....

Well, this is mostly true, but I see no reason not to at least give them a prod in the right direction (such as, for instance, pointing out to Shirou that Sakura thinks of him as more than just a friend)....

Yeah, there would be a LOT of fights happening OOC.

Yeah, definitely, especially when it comes to the pairings. The GM is likely to have a favourite, and since he's likely to have to decide who Shirou and Shiki end up with, ultimately, I can't see any way to avoid blistering rows over that choice.

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 10:24 PM
That's true.

But affecting it through the usual chit-chat and gossip...shouldn't be too much of a problem? If you leave it to the point there they are completely free and unobstructed to make their own decisions?

Honestly?

I'd be kind of offended and disturbed if someone came in with knowledge of my potential life, and then decided to use this knowledge to pair me up with their favorite girl.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Well, this is mostly true, but I see no reason not to at least give them a prod in the right direction....

>Implying there is a right direction

Shaderic
November 16th, 2011, 10:25 PM
*Attempting to get thread back on topic before going to sleep*

So, it looks like we've got people who are interested. That's cool.

Does anyone have a timeline preference?

Screwing with the Fourth War basically eliminates Emiya Shirou from the timeline, but, at the same time, you could save hundreds of lives.

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM

This.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Fourth War... I could stalk Kotomine AND Waver.

...Let's do it.

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Fourth War... I could stalk Kotomine AND Waver.

...Let's do it.

Can I help? :3

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM

You are going to have a fun thread in 12 hours.

Fangstrike
November 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Existing in the Nasuverse is one thing, but encountering the canon characters that live in it... Forumites are bound to have differing opinions on how to deal with them or how they want them portrayed. Some more intensely than others, which is something I can see turning ugly quickly. I also foresee power levels being a problem, but these frequently are.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Honestly?

I'd be kind of offended and disturbed if someone came in with knowledge of my potential life, and then decided to use this knowledge to pair me up with their favorite girl.
...Now that you put it that way, you have a point.

Screwing with the Fourth War basically eliminates Emiya Shirou from the timeline, but, at the same time, you could save hundreds of lives.
...I kinda would still like to have Shirou active, just to see how we affect FSN as a whole.

Still, having the freedom to interact with all the characters would be quite nice.

Rather, IMO not needing to age if we don't want to would be nice too.

... ... ...
Dun hurt me D;

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Can I help? :3

Yes, Elyrin! Let us commence the stalking operation!

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Forumites are bound to have differing opinions on how to deal with them or how they want them portrayed. Some more intensely than others, which is something I can see turning ugly quickly.

Ditto. I honestly am not sure if there's any way to prevent a ragefest.

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Yes, Elyrin! Let us commence the stalking operation!

Excellent!

Hopefully, Kotomine will not take offense.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Honestly?

Like I said, it depends how you do it. If you blatently shoved it in his face, perhaps, but if you just gave a potential relationship a nudge in the right direction, I see no problem. And, ultimately, all that really differentiates the three routes is which heroine got that "nudge", so there's no reason why it couldn't be done.

Well, yes....

This is the problem, ultimately. It's hard to see how to fairly decide which heroine he'll end up with, because he has feelings for all three. It's just a question of which he notices and acts on.

Well, if we're going for the fourth war, then I'd like it to start early enough that I could try to save Sakura before Tokiomi gave her away (i.e. so we are out of our "training" more than a year beforehand).

Existing in the Nasuverse is one thing, but encountering the canon characters that live in it...

Well, if the canon characters aren't there, I don't really see the point of the RP, honestly. What good is a bunch of Nasuverse knowledge which we can't do anything with? Plus, it makes little sense if they're not, unless we in the past or the far future.

Forumites are bound to have differing opinions on how to deal with them or how they want them portrayed. Some more intensely than others, which is something I can see turning ugly quickly. I also foresee power levels being a problem, but these frequently are.

Well, I think the bigger issue is probably the portrayal, really. I think we can mostly agree on how to deal with most of the characters, and any arguments we have can be IC. The issue is whether the GM can portray the characters in a manner which we all actually agree with....

alfheimwanderer
November 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Quite an intriguing concept.

And if its back in the Zero era, then this does give me some freedom to meddle with KnK-related events as the millennium approaches. I'm sure Fujou Kirie could use a friend, since she's kind of been left alone at the hospital while her relatives wait for her to die.

Or Asagami Fujino, for that matter. ^^

...question though. Would I be able to gain the resources/paperwork/government approval to open some kind of cafe or something? And if we are placed in a certain country, does knowledge of the language and culture come with?

This is the problem, ultimately. It's hard to see how to fairly decide which heroine he'll end up with, because he has feelings for all three. It's just a question of which he notices and acts on.

Why bother trying to meddle with his love life at all? Ultimately, that's Shirou's life and choice, not ours, regardless of who we might feel he's best suited for or not suited for.

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 10:36 PM
For some reason, I'm tempted to have "myself" invent the Volumen Hydragum based on his meta-knowledge of it.

And then run away from Kayneth. Spend ALL of my time running away from Kayneth, because he'd be understandably annoyed.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 10:38 PM

And if its back in the Zero era, then this does give me some freedom to meddle with KnK-related events as the millennium approaches. I'm sure Fujou Kirie could use a friend, since she's kind of been left alone at the hospital while her relatives wait for her to die.

...question though. Would I be able to gain the resources/paperwork/government approval to open some kind of cafe or something? And if we are placed in a certain country, does knowledge of the language and culture come with?

Why bother trying to meddle with his love life at all? Ultimately, that's Shirou's life and choice, not ours, regardless of who we might feel he's best suited for or not suited for.
Good point. I'd like to befriend Fujinon too, actually.

Also, does this imply that you're trying to open up Ahnenerbe? :3

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I vote we start just before Fate/Zero at the earliest. The whole 3 year period is a problem though.

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Alf, I would seriously LOVE to work in your cafe.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:40 PM

If we don't "meddle", then the issue I was describing becomes worse, because then it's essentially up to the GM to pick the pairing they like the most, and that is guarenteed to cause rage.

But, anyway, whilst it is indeed Shirou's choice, that doesn't mean we can't help him to make that choice, in the same way as a friend might set you up on a date with a girl they know likes you, and give you relationship advice....

I vote we start just before Fate/Zero at the earliest. The whole 3 year period is a problem though.

No, if we're doing Zero, then IMO we should leave a year beforehand to allow Sakura to be saved more cleanly.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:41 PM
But, anyway, whilst it is indeed Shirou's choice, that doesn't mean we can't help him to make that choice, in the same way as a friend might set you up on a date with a girl they know likes you, and give you relationship advice....

This is not really helping so much as it is going to be guiding.

Airen
Interesting concept for an RP.

Airen's Fourth War 'Plans'

IRISVIEL!

Airen's Fifth War 'Plans'

KOJIRO?!

TEACH ME!

Sei
I'm not concerned about Shirou, I'm worried about the fans.

Elyrin
Airen is either going to get run over or nuked by Caster ;_;

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Honestly, I'd prefer leaving such a decision in GM hands, rather than having people meddle in it.

That being said, if we're starting at Zero then, well, Shirou wouldn't be Shirou at all...

Airen
Airen is either going to get run over or nuked by Caster ;_;

I'LL FANBOY ABOUT CASTER TOO!

But lol, I'll be fine, I'm a 'protagonist' remember? (Is well aware that his protagonist status is confined to GW1)

alfheimwanderer
That is guarenteed to cause rage.

I honestly don't see why. A choice would have been made, and we simply have to respect that. I mean, if we end up changing events so that Kohaku ends up in Fuyuki, and Shirou falls for her, well, that's his choice as well.

No, if we're doing Zero, then IMO we should leave a year beforehand to allow Sakura to be saved more cleanly.

Still a bit of a suicide mission there...

SeiKeo
Honestly, I'd prefer leaving such a decision in GM hands, rather than having people meddle in it.

+1

Players doing anything will only lead to bad things.

Mike1984
This is not really helping so much as it is going to be guiding.

And?

It's still his decision, ultimately.

I honestly don't see why. A choice would have been made, and we simply have to respect that. I mean, if we end up changing events so that Kohaku ends up in Fuyuki, and Shirou falls for her, well, that's his choice as well.

Because it shows blatent bias towards one of the heroines on the part of the GM.

Just because you like to do that and then say "fuck you" to the players when they complain, that doesn't mean everyone else is OK with it....

Froggie
Froggie Planz for 4th!

1. Stalk Waver
2. Stalk Kotomine
3. ?????
4. Harem.

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Froggie Planz for 4th!

1. Stalk Waver
2. Stalk Kotomine
3. ?????
4. Harem.

Profit! :3

Ace
November 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM
If we don't "meddle", then the issue I was describing becomes worse, because then it's essentially up to the GM to pick the pairing they like the most, and that is guarenteed to cause rage.

TBH, I see rage happening either way. Shipping is SRS BSN after all.

Fangstrike
November 16th, 2011, 10:45 PM

So so true. I rescind my earlier comment. Must go save Fujinon and Kire.

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Well, yeah, possibly.

Like I said, the problem is that, ultimately, the GM has to make a choice there, and whatever choice they make is going to annoy people. And, sorry, but Alfheim's bullshit about "well, he's the GM, so his characterisations stand and if you don't like it that's tough shit" just doesn't wash. A GM cannot favour one character over another.

Blackdeath6031
Alf, I would seriously LOVE to work in your cafe.
This. Oh, so, very much.

And?

It's still his decision, ultimately.
...Really, I can see everyone's point now. We're influencing his decision too much here.

Because it shows blatent bias towards one of the heroines on the part of the GM.

Just because you like to do that and then say "fuck you" to the players when they complain, that doesn't mean everyone else is OK with it....
There will never be a way to pair anyone without someone being upset about it. Really, the best compromise I can see if a harem route - but there's no doubt people wouldn't be happy with that, is there?

Agreed.

SeiKeo
Well, yeah, possibly.

Like I said, the problem is that, ultimately, the GM has to make a choice there, and whatever choice they make is going to annoy people. And, sorry, but Alfheim's bullshit about "well, he's the GM, so his characterisations stand and if you don't like it that's tough shit" just doesn't wash. A GM cannot favour one character over another.

The GM must make a choice, but the GM cannot? Unless I misunderstand that.

zlol365
November 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Hmmm... If i join this RP, i'll be doing this:

1) Start trying to mess up canon
2) Start trying to kill shirou
3) Support kotomine kirei
4) Watch as the world baths in AM?

idk. I'm... half-asleep.

Temptingly, i wanna try playing a villain that just wants to destroy everything. :3

Wouldn't that work?
Having a 'villain' force that forces everybody to work together?

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Xelloss Planz
1. Plagiarize Volumen Hydragum, Invent various Mystic Codes
2. Get a job as a waiter in Alf's cafe
3. Have money from waiter job
4. Perhaps sell Mystic Codes to various BL members
5. ???
6. Avoid Kayneth

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Leo's Planz

Be Alf's cafe manager. Fin.

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I got lost in the massive word dump. Why exactly is this pairing thing such a big deal? I don't get it.

Elyrin

I will join you, except as a meido.

I'll have to go help Froggie stalk people after a while, though.

Blackdeath6031
Xelloss Planz
1. Plagiarize Volumen Hydragum, Invent various Mystic Codes
3. Have money from waiter job
4. Perhaps sell Mystic Codes to various BL members
5. ???
6. Avoid Kayneth
Good sir, I'd like to be very well acquainted with you. :D

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I got lost in the massive word dump. Why exactly is this pairing thing such a big deal? I don't get it.

Because people get really into their Fate parings. (Fate because I honestly don't see these kinds of fights over Tsuki)

Mike1984
There will never be a way to pair anyone without someone being upset about it.

Well, yeah, exactly....

Really, the best compromise I can see if a harem route - but there's no doubt people wouldn't be happy with that, is there?

Well, I could live wth a harem route, but it's pretty unrealistic, TBH.

The GM must make a choice, but the GM cannot? Unless I misunderstand that.

Well, the point is that the GM has to make a choice, but any choice they make (unless it's purely random, I guess) is likely to be due to their own bias, and thus is not going to go down at all well with players who support other pairings. So, rage is almost certain no matter what the GM does.

Froggie
Because one guy wants to pair Shirou with Sakura and the rest of us don't actually care but don't want to see that pairing or something.

Whatever.

I called dibs on Waver and Kotomine. You can all kill yourselves whiteknighting the girls.

zlol365
nobodeh wants to destroy teh world?

think about it.
World in Angra mainyu stuff.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Well, the point is that the GM has to make a choice, but any choice they make (unless it's purely random, I guess) is likely to be due to their own bias, and thus is not going to go down at all well with players who support other pairings. So, rage is almost certain no matter what the GM does.

Not sure what your point is?

xelloss
Xelloss Plans Add-On
1. Save SHIKI. The poor guy didn't deserve what happened to him.

Mike1984
Because one guy wants to pair Shirou with Sakura and the rest of us don't actually care but don't want to see that pairing or something.

That's a rather contradictory statement....

Not sure what your point is?

That rage over pairings is virtually certain....

Airen
November 16th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Airen's plans revised

1.) Befriend Irisviel
2.) ???
3.) Become Magus Attorney, hire Ace as a Legal Assistant
4.) Begin to take 'legal' action against Zouken
5.) Get the old man Sealing Designated
6.) Befriend Kojiro
7.) Become Kojiro's student
8.) Start looking for Aoko

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 10:54 PM
That's a rather contradictory statement....

I'm a complicated beast.

That rage over pairings is virtually certain....

Most of the people posting here are on the "I'm willing to accept the GM's decision so long as no one interferes" band, it seems.

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Hmmm... If i join this RP, i'll be doing this:

1) Start trying to mess up canon
2) Start trying to kill shirou
3) Support kotomine kirei
4) Watch as the world baths in AM?

My plans?

1) Study under Kiritsugu
2) Kill Kayneth.
3) Tell Tokiomi to go home and be a family man (mess up the canon)
4) Fill in for Kariya, kill Zouken, save the cheerleader Sakura (screw the canon)
5) Find away to stop the Fuyuki Fire (probably mess up the canon)
6) Go chill with Waver.

SeiKeo
the cheerleader[/s] Sakura (screw the canon)

lulz

Mike1984
Most of the people posting here are on the "I'm willing to accept the GM's decision so long as no one interferes" band, it seems.

Well, I certainly am not. If the GM is going to arbitrarily pick a pairing (which, given the relative unpopularity of Shirou x Sakura, isn't likely to be that...), then why the fucking hell shouldn't I attempt to force him to pick the one I like...? Plus, whatever bullshit reason he gives will just annoy me, most likely, as will him giving no reason.

Although, if we start from Zero, this argument could be rather moot anyway....

Satehi
November 16th, 2011, 10:58 PM
>.>

<.<

>.<

When is DDD taking place, for the purposes of this RP?

I must help Ishizue Arika!

Fangstrike
Xelloss Plans Add-On
1. Save SHIKI. The poor guy didn't deserve what happened to him.

I'm with you.

Fang's Plans: Work with all the cool kids at Alf's cafe.

SeiKeo
Well, I certainly am not. If the GM is going to arbitrarily pick a pairing, then why the fucking hell shouldn't I attempt to force him to pick the one I like...?

You certainly seem to be the only one.

Fangstrike
>.>

<.<

>.<

When is DDD taking place, for the purposes of this RP?

I must help Ishizue Arika!

Damn. I gotta finish reading that one of these days.

Yun

They say the path to hell is paved by good intentions aka anybody meddling in Shirou's love life=bad end due to the mess it'll snowball into because of the differing opinions on what is the "right" choice.

Yun's Goal
1) Set Kotomine on a less evil path(Wish me luck).
2) After that I've no idea.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Well, I certainly am not. If the GM is going to arbitrarily pick a pairing, then why the fucking hell shouldn't I attempt to force him to pick the one I like...?

Because the GM is, theoretically, the impartial band and you're making the concession of accepting his rulings when you join in? Also, it's only you.

Although, if we start from Zero, this argument could be rather moot anyway....

Which is why I said that by the time we're done, Shirou won't even BE Shirou.

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Yun's Goal
1) Set Kotomine on a less evil path(Wish me luck).
2) After that I've no idea.

Sexy time with Caren?

Ace
November 16th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Pfft, I think I'll just be the lazy employee that just sits around and eats cake at Alf's cafe.

While being a legal assistant at night.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Because people get really into their Fate parings. (Fate because I honestly don't see these kinds of fights over Tsuki)
Yeah. If people did do things like this for Tsuki, I'm still gonna support twins (simultaneously) and Sacchin though :D

Well, I could live wth a harem route, but it's pretty unrealistic, TBH.
Yeah.

So what if we just left relationships run it's course without actually influencing it?

Yeah, agreed.

My plans?

1) Study under Kiritsugu
2) Kill Kayneth.
4) Fill in for Kariya, kill Zouken, save the cheerleader Sakura (screw the canon)
6) Go chill with Waver.

Airen's plans revised

1.) Befriend Irisviel
2.) ???
3.) Become Magus Attorney, hire Ace as a Legal Assistant
4.) Begin to take 'legal' action against Zouken
5.) Get the old man Sealing Designated
6.) Befriend Kojiro
7.) Become Kojiro's student
8.) Start looking for Aoko

Faker/BD's plans:

1) Befriend Airen and Sei
2) Work at Alf's cafe
3) Use money to go to Mifune and befriend Fujinon
4) Go to Misaki and help Sacchin with JUSTICE
5) Try and learn projection
6) Hunt down Zelretch
7) Become Zel's student

EDIT: Oh boy, sorry for wall of text D;

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:01 PM
ADDENDUM TO FROGGIE PLANS!

STEAL KALEIDO SAPPHIRE!

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Because the GM is, theoretically, the impartial band and you're making the concession of accepting his rulings when you join in? Also, it's only you.

But he's not going to be impartial, and I'm bloody sick of people mis-characterising Shirou and Sakura and coming up with stupid reasons why they shouldn't be together....

But, anyway, if that's the situation then I'll just have to force his hand. If the GM wants a war over pairings, then I'll bloody well give him one....

So what if we just left relationships run it's course without actually influencing it?

Well, the answer to that is that we don't know. Which means that the GM will pick the pairing they like the most, and I'm bloody sick of everyone going for Shirou x Saber or Shirou x Rin all the damn time....

Elyrin
Silly BD.

You'll be too busy with me to go to Misaki~

RacingeR
Raci's goals:

1) Follow someone. Probably Froggie for troll to troll combat with Kotomine, or just chill in Mifune with Alf and Leo.
2) Go around Fuyuki and mess canon up when the time for the Grail War comes around. Just for the lulz.
3) Chill with Lancer

Also, I am fine with whatever pairing the GM takes. Such things as an unbiased GM do not exist, after all.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:03 PM
But he's not going to be impartial, and I'm bloody sick of people mis-characterising Shirou and Sakura and coming up with stupid reasons why they shouldn't be together....

But, anyway, if that's the situation then I'll just have to force his hand. If the GM wants a war over pairings, then I'll bloody well give him one....

Jesus Christ man, bloody RELAX!

You're the only one getting buttmad over pairings! Haven't you learned by now that acting this way only gets you in trouble? You'd think that after the first bajillion times you'd learn to take things in stride...

xelloss

The GM doesn't want a war over pairings.

That is only you. It is only ever you.

Also, it's rather insulting assuming he will do this or that when this is a new member who just got on the forum that you have never met before.

Ace
ADDENDUM TO FROGGIE PLANS!

STEAL KALEIDO SAPPHIRE!

MAGICAL GIRL RUBY REPORTING.

SeiKeo

You're the only one getting buttmad over pairings! Haven't you learned by now that acting this way only gets you in trouble? You'd think that after the first bajillion times you'd learn to take things in stride...

For SRS, calm.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM
MAGICAL GIRL RUBY REPORTING.

FANTABULOUS! KALEIDO SAPHIRE! HERE I GO!

Elyrin
FANTABULOUS! KALEIDO SAPHIRE! HERE I GO!

Suddenly, Bazett.

Blackdeath6031
Pfft, I think I'll just be the lazy employee that just sits around and eats cake at Alf's cafe.

While being a legal assistant at night.
*instantly thinks of both Yamada and Kyouko from Working!!*
*decides to not go near Acesu* orz

Silly BD.

You'll be too busy with me to go to Misaki~
Oh U :3

But I'll be busy with my own plans before I can join you...

Raci's goals:

1) Follow someone. Probably Froggie for troll to troll combat with Kotomine, or just chill in Mifune with Alf and Leo.
2) Go around Fuyuki and mess canon up when the time for the Grail War comes around. Just for the lulz.
3) Chill with Lancer

Also, I am fine with whatever pairing the GM takes. Such things as an unbiased GM do not exist, after all.

....I actually wanna follow everyone and join them... D;

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Suddenly, Bazett.

:<

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 11:07 PM
But I'll be busy with my own plans before I can join you...

Psh, #2 was "work at Alf's cafe".

Guess where I'm going to be :3

deviatesfish
November 16th, 2011, 11:07 PM

:>

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 11:08 PM
:>

Froggie getting beat up by Bazett is a good thing?

;_;

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 11:08 PM

Well, that's easy for you to say, because your favourite pairing has a decent chance of actually winning in such a situation. Mine does not, because Shirou x Sakura isn't particularly popular.

I'm the only one getting mad because I'm the one whose (entirely canon) pairing is almost certain not to get picked because the GM is about 95% certain not to be a Shirou x Sakura fan....

Also, it's rather insulting assuming he will do this or that when this is a new member who just got on the forum that you have never met before.

Well, what else is he going to do? He has to pick somehow, and I very much doubt he's a Shirou x Sakura fan, especially since he claimed to know relatively little about FSN.

Katie
November 16th, 2011, 11:09 PM
brb stealing Kaleidostick for magical derp powers

RacingeR

Don't worry! I will take care of Bazzet and Caren so they don't mess up your plans!

SeiKeo
Well, that's easy for you to say, because your favourite pairing has a decent chance of actually winning in such a situation. Mine does not, because Shirou x Sakura isn't particularly popular.

I'm the only one getting mad because I'm the one whose (entirely canon) pairing is almost certain not to get picked because the GM is about 95% certain not to be a Shirou x Sakura fan....

Well, what else is he going to do? He has to pick somehow, and I very much doubt he's a Shirou x Sakura fan, especially since he claimed to know relatively little about FSN.

So, your solution to all this is to 'give him a pairing war'?

Blackdeath6031
Psh, #2 was "work at Alf's cafe".

Guess where I'm going to be :3
...Who ever said they were in order? :3

Froggie getting beat up by Bazett is a good thing?

;_;D;

EDIT:

I support Sakura x Shirou more than the other two.
You don't see me complaining... :<

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM
So, your solution to all this is to 'give him a pairing war'?

No, but I'm sure as hell not going to sit back and watch Sakura get shafted by the GM's arbitrary pairing pick....

Ace
November 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM
WAIT, WAIT WAIT.

I MUST FIND MIYU.

Shaderic
So, I try to sleep, but I get drawn back to my computer.

Of the responses I have so far, at least half them seem to be pairing rage.

Awesome.

Allow me, as the current GM, for all that this is probably at least a week and a half from starting up properly, to clear something up.

Pairings will be decided when they become relevant, based on the events up to that point.

Am I biased about this? Probably. I'll admit Sakura to be my least favorite heroine in F/SN. This doesn't mean that I don't like her, or that she has bad odds. She's simply not the one I like the most. From an objective standpoint, if the whole Grail War thing never happened, I'd give her an extreme edge in the field of 'Who's Closest to Shirou's stomach Heart. Rin, he barely knows. Saber showed out of the blue, literaly.

And Ilya isn't an option, unless you guys really fuck up the timeline. Which is actually a distinct possibility, so I wouldn't write it off.

Tsukihime, I know less about and intend to recruit a co-GM to help deal with that particular mess.

Either way, please stop arguing about pairings. I'm pretty sure there are other threads you can do that in. When it becomes relevant, I full expect a shit-storm regardless of what actually happens. But, until then...

Yes! Non-pairing related question!

Whatever country you guys decide to put the base in, you all get a free tutorial in language and culture for it.

And, to simplify things, legal identities to allow for such paperwork.

Of course, getting the money to set it up might be a little tricky. But you're a bunch of smart, rational magi. I'm sure you all wouldn't dip so low as to rob a bank or something.

SeiKeo
No, but I'm sure as hell not going to sit back and watch Sakura get shafted by the GM's arbitrary pairing pick....

Your pick is any less arbitrary than his?

Froggie
You don't even know the guy and already you're making assumptions about him, acting a victim when he hasn't even said anything to you!

Well, what else is he going to do? He has to pick somehow.

He doesn't have to pick ANYONE!. We're starting pre-ZERO! SHIROU WONT EVEN BE SHIROU!

Actually, you know what, a little red haired boy was one of Zero-Caster's victims! THERE!

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Of course, getting the money to set it up might be a little tricky. But you're a bunch of smart, rational magi. I'm sure you all wouldn't dip so low as to rob a bank or something.

*gets beaten up by Acesu and Airen*
D;

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
And Ilya isn't an option, unless you guys really fuck up the timeline. Which is actually a distinct possibility, so I wouldn't write it off.

I can tell you this ain't happening. Illya will be my little sister and no one can touch her.

xelloss
November 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM

Time to sell my various invented Codes for monies.

Airen

*gets beaten up by Acesu and Airen*
D;

Indeed. Such methods (lol robbing a bank) are deplorable...

>_>

<_<

We'll sue the bank instead, I need you to 'trip' on a wet floor...

Blackdeath6031
I can tell you this ain't happening. Illya will be my little sister and no one can touch her.....Am I allowed to be friends with you and her?
I'm no lolicon, after all. =|

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Pairings will be decided when they become relevant, based on the events up to that point.

Well, that makes sense, but what if none of us did anything, at least in terms of pairings?

Am I biased about this? Probably. I'll admit Sakura to be my least favorite heroine in F/SN.

Wonderful....

This doesn't mean that I don't like her, or that she has bad odds. She's simply not the one I like the most.

I see....

From an objective standpoint, if the whole Grail War thing never happened, I'd give her an extreme edge in the field of 'Who's Closest to Shirou's stomach Heart. Rin, he barely knows. Saber showed out of the blue, literaly.

Well, this is good, except that the Grail War will happen....

Whatever country you guys decide to put the base in, you all get a free tutorial in language and culture for it.

Well, Japan makes even more sense, then....

I would. Banks have lots of money, I need money to save people, ergo robbing a bank is the right thing to do....

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:17 PM

Addition to plan:
> Kill Kayneth
> Rob him blind.

....Am I allowed to be friends with you and her?
I'm no lolicon, after all. =|

That fine. >.>

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Time to sell my various invented Codes for monies.
I still wanna grab some of your codes.
Are you interested in having a...business partner, good sir?

Indeed. Such methods (lol robbing a bank) are deplorable...

>_>

<_<

We'll sue the bank instead, I need you to trip on a wet floor...
If you're willing to pay for all the fees, I'm in.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:18 PM
But Japan doesn't have any decent magical schools and how am I going to stalk Waver if he's back in England?! *whine*

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 11:18 PM
If you're willing to pay for all the fees, I'm in.

Why not just rob the bank instead? It's a lot quicker, and the effect is the same. The only difference is the legality, but who gives a fuck about the law when you're a magus...?

But Japan doesn't have any decent magical schools and how am I going to stalk Waver if he's back in England?! *whine*

You fly there after we leave, of course.

I don't want a course in my own culture, thanks, and I'd rather like to be able to talk to the canon characters when we meet them....

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Why not just rob the bank instead? It's a lot quicker, and the effect is the same. The only difference is the legality, but who gives a fuck about the law when you're a magus...?

It's against my alignment. :P

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM

Because we aren't all you.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
It's against my alignment. :PThis.

Regardless of what the objectives are, my morals take precedence.

Satehi
November 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
.....no DDD?

/goes off to his lonely corner

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 11:21 PM

Well, it's sure as hell not against mine....

Because we aren't all you.

But they're essentially stealing a load of money from the bank either way. It's just that one form involves abusing the legal system instead of doing it directly.

This.

Regardless of what the objectives are, my morals take precedence.

So do mine. However, my morals do not include respecting the sanctity of special printed pieces of paper or numbers on a computer....

Airen

^This

Blackdeath6031
.....no DDD?

/goes off to his lonely corner

*gives Sat his DDD2 novel he bought in Ikebukuro*

Froggie
Mike, you're forgetting something important.

1. We're in Japan. Japan has crap for magical schools.
2. We only get one year of training. Most Magi train since they can walk.

If we're Shirou level by the time we're done preparing, I'll raise an eyebrow quizzically.

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 11:23 PM
All we need to do is roll a crapload of natural 20s, we'll be Rin-level in three years.

Satehi
Shirou wasn't actually trained though. Mostly self taught after some basics after Kiritsugu, and fails with reinforcement 9 times out of 10.

SeiKeo
But they're essentially stealing a load of money from the bank either way. It's just that one form involves abusing the legal system instead of doing it directly.

Or, you know, actually make money.

Ace
STOP, IN THE NAME OF THE JUSTICE. I AM MAGICAL LAW ASSISTANT ACE, WARRIOR OF LOVE AND JUSTICE.

IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE, WILL PUNISH YOU~!

Mike1984
November 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Mike, you're forgetting something important.

1. We're in Japan. Japan has crap for magical schools.
2. We only get one year of training. Most Magi train since they can walk.

If we're Shirou level by the time we're done preparing, I'll raise an eyebrow quizzically.

Aren't we training for three years? And, I don't think the quality of the school will depend on the location.

Or, you know, actually make money.

Why the hell should I waste time I could be actually helping people earning money I can instead take from those who have way too much of it...?

STOP, IN THE NAME OF THE JUSTICE. I AM MAGICAL LAW ASSISTANT ACE, WARRIOR OF LOVE AND JUSTICE.

IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE, WILL PUNISH YOU~!

Since when are banks "just"? They probably got that money from the government in some bailout caused by their own incompetence after making shitloads of money from the risks they took knowing they were going to be bailed out anyway....

Shaderic
November 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Well, that makes sense, but what if none of us did anything, at least in terms of pairings?

... And, judging by what half this thread's been about, you really think no one will interfere?

That said, if, somehow, none of you actually interfere, I'll roll dice. A D20 in this case. With a different heroine for each side. A natural twenty will result in him getting it on with genderbent Shiki. I'm not telling you which one. /Trolling.

But, no seriously, I'll roll a dice to figure it out then.

EDIT

Wait, you're serious about robbing the bank?

... God, damn. What sort of monsters will I unleash upon this poor unsuspecting world?

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Our main power is that we "know everything". We know the unchanged future, people's abilities, their tactics, how they act, and so on.

So really, we start off broken. :/

Elyrin
... And, judging by what half this thread's been about, you really think no one will interfere?

That said, if, somehow, none of you actually interfere, I'll roll dice. A D20 in this case. With a different heroine for each side. A natural twenty will result in him getting it on with genderbent Shiki. I'm not telling you which one. /Trolling.

It will be Tohno. SHIKI.

Poor Xelloss.

Blackdeath6031

...So he still have a chance to get with one of twenty chicks? o_o

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM
...So he still have a chance to get with one of twenty chicks? o_o

>implying they will all be female

Isnt it sad, Issei?

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Aren't we training for three years? And, I don't think the quality of the school will depend on the location.

Ooops. Well, three years. We're still screwed.

Waver came from a family of three generations, was training since he was young, went to the Clock Tower, and the most badass thing he does is some alchemy after more than a decade of studying.

Going "I'm a MAGUS!" after three years of studying = lollerskates.

Quality of the school does depend on the location. You don't see Rin talking about wanting to stay and study in Japan's prestigious magical academies...

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Why the hell should I waste time I could be actually helping people earning money I can instead take from those who have way too much of it...?

Who said anything about you doing it?

Since when are banks "just"? They probably got that money from the government in some bailout caused by their own incompetence after making shitloads of money from the risks they took knowing they were going to be bailed out anyway....

Mike, we're too early. :D

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 11:28 PM

Isnt it sad, Issei?Oh you. What are you on about?
Issei will be genderbent! >:T

Yun
I would say yes to resource management and at least five years before Fate/Zero(More time is better).

Also are we limited to solely being a magus?(Black Keys Y/N?)

Sexy time with Caren?
Your not thinking long term enough.

I can tell you this ain't happening. Illya will be my little sister and no one can touch her.
If you need help just ask.

......Because that would attract a lot of attention from the government, also that would go against my alignment.

Mike1984

Well, depending where we start, there may well not be anything to interfere in....

Ah, OK, that's fair enough.

Our main power is that we "know everything". We know the unchanged future, people's abilities, their tactics, how they act, and so on.

So really, we start off broken. :/

Well, not entirely.

For instance, no matter how much we know, saving Sakura from Zouken is pretty difficult without any way to remove the worms.

Who said anything about you doing it?

What, you mean con some poor sod into earning money for me?

Now, that is against my alignment....

Shaderic
November 16th, 2011, 11:29 PM

Isnt it sad, Issei?

It is entirely possible that it could be genderbent Ryougi Shiki.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM
It is entirely possible that it could be genderbent Ryougi Shiki.

... I call dibs.

SeiKeo
What, you mean con some poor sod into earning money for me?

Now, that is against my alignment....

Well, not entirely.

aaaagh goddamnit

I mean you do the heck you want to do, we do the heck we want to do.

Elyrin
... I call dibs.

Okay, while you're off fighting Leo I will steal Kotomine.

SeiKeo
... I call dibs.

hahano go get Kotomine.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM
My planz! They're crumbling apart in my hands! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fangstrike
November 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Leo won't let you steal his prey so easily, Ely.

Elyrin
November 16th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Hm?

I didn't know Leo was after Kotomine~

Sei
I'm calling Archer when he pops up then. <.<

Everyone set?

Ace

It was a joke :P

Yun
November 16th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Would joining the Clock Tower or Church be done on a individual basis? Also do we get the resurrection ability that the Space battles RP had?

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I'm calling Archer when he pops up then. <.<

Everyone set?
I'd like to learn form Archer too....
Is that doable?

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Is that doable?

I think you missed what I was getting at...but sure. <.<

Yun
November 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Is that doable?
Considering your origin would need to be Sword I doubt it.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I still say we should consider starting in the Clock Tower so that with three years of studying we wont be nearly as pathetic as studying from some hick magus in the magical boonies of Japan.

Airen
November 16th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Lol, if we're calling dibs, than I've got Aoko. (I'm dreaming, there's no way I could pull it off... IT'S NOT A MISTAKE!)

I still say we should consider starting in the Clock Tower so that with three years of studying we wont be nearly as pathetic as studying from some hick magus in the magical boonies of Japan.

I don't think we'd be THAT bad if we studied in Japan.

Though I agree that the Clock Tower idea is something we should consider.

Fangstrike
November 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Hm?

I didn't know Leo was after Kotomine~

My bad. I misread.

I call dibs on Kirie.

Bloble
November 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Oh wow, I'm so joining this.

Anyways, after reading the discussion so far, I've decided on my plans.

BLOBLE'S PLANZ

1. Land in the Clock Tower.
2. Freak out for a while over the fact that I'll most likely never see anyone I know again.
3. Realize that I'm not the only one who landed here, and also realize my true goal: To prevent any tampering with canon and the timestream in general!
4. Learn Japanese and and take every single chance I can to become as deadly and dangerous as I possible can in a short time, even going as far as learning to use guns. If I'm having problems with money, hypnotize my way into a high ranking but easy job that pays plenty of money. Since hypnotism is basic, I should be able to use it after only a short time if I focus entirely on it.
5. Go to Japan around the time Fate Zero starts.
6. Watch over Fuyuki. Mission: Prevent screwing with canon. Eliminate all BL members attempting to do so.
7. Make sure there are no changes to canon. If there are, take appropriate action to fix them unless the changes are minor enough not to endanger the city or world.
8. Watch over Misaki in the next few years. Eliminate all people attempting to deviate from the timestream.
9. Fate/stay night starts. Mission: Prevent deviation from canon. Eliminate all people attempting to steer canon without mercy. Fate/stay night is an important event in the world. A single failure can mean the eventual deaths of millions of people if the Holy Grail isn't destroyed. For that reason, no changes must be allowed.

BECOME THE PROTECTOR OF THE TIMESTREAM. MAINTAIN CANON. ELIMINATE DEVIATORS.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM
@Froggie
Or we could just get dumped into Nasuverse with a general understanding of magic and have to learn actual application on our own. Kinda like with the Servants learning about the modern era.

I think that would kind of reduce that awkward 3 year waiting period.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Oh wow, I'm so joining this.

Anyways, after reading the discussion so far, I've decided on my plans.

BLOBLE'S PLANZ

1. Land in the Clock Tower.
2. Freak out for a while over the fact that I'll most likely never see anyone I know again.
3. Realize that I'm not the only one who landed here, and also realize my true goal: To prevent any tampering with canon and the timestream in general!
4. Learn Japanese and and take every single chance I can to become as deadly and dangerous as I possible can in a short time, even going as far as learning to use guns. If I'm having problems with money, hypnotize my way into a high ranking but easy job that pays plenty of money. Since hypnotism is basic, I should be able to use it after only a short time if I focus entirely on it.
5. Go to Japan around the time Fate Zero starts.
6. Watch over Fuyuki. Mission: Prevent screwing with canon. Eliminate all BL members attempting to do so.
7. Make sure there are no changes to canon. If there are, take appropriate action to fix them unless the changes are minor enough not to endanger the city or world.
8. Watch over Misaki in the next few years. Eliminate all people attempting to deviate from the timestream.
9. Fate/stay night starts. Mission: Prevent deviation from canon. Eliminate all people attempting to steer canon without mercy. Fate/stay night is an important event in the world. A single failure can mean the eventual deaths of millions of people if the Holy Grail isn't destroyed. For that reason, no changes must be allowed.

BECOME THE PROTECTOR OF THE TIMESTREAM. MAINTAIN CANON. ELIMINATE DEVIATORS.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

This idea is interesting.

RacingeR
November 16th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I claim everyone.

Yes. All of the characters.

Come at me, sis and bros!

Yun
How about we get a library full of books on magecraft excluding anything on magic or near magic level and give us x amount of time to study them before tossing us out into the world?

Shaderic
OK, I'm planning on going to bed, for real this time.

While I'm sleeping/at work, can you all try to direct your attention to picking a good place to put the base? And, after that, maybe thinking about what it would like?

Western/eastern style houses? Apartment complex? A college campus? Castle? Feed me some ideas here.

And maybe names for your group/factions?

Interlopers vs Canonites?

Normals VS Magi?

And, before I go, some one asked about black keys. Well, if you want to join the Church, that's fine. Just keep in mind that most Executioners aren't exactly happy people.

It's all fun and games right now, but remember:

A Magus walks with death.

Once we get going, there's a distinct possibility that you could die.

... Unless you all want to turn on the immortality from 'A Circle is SB'. But, given the setting, that could the wrong kind of attention.

Chaos Greyblood
Wow, you guys are really gonna get into this!

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Wow, you guys are really gonna get into this!

Fivebux says this ends like Nero's emperorship (metaphorically).

Blackdeath6031
I think you missed what I was getting at...but sure. <.<
I know what you meant, I was just wondering if I could share if I didn't participate in the war xD

Considering your origin would need to be Sword I doubt it.
Eh, I didn't mean tracing. I love his style a fair bit.
Though, I'd still like something that allows me to use any kind of weapon at any time.

...Fair point, but don't we need some qualifications to be accepted into Clock Tower or the Sea of Estray?

Froggie
Immortality is for wimps

/glares at all the kiddies playing easy-mode.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Immortality is for wimps

How fun is your supah hardcore Dark Souls again? :D

lethum
November 16th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Immortality is for wimps

/glares at all the kiddies playing easy-mode.They are playing easy-mode because they lost the game.

Airen
November 16th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Immortality is for wimps

Indeed. Lol easy mode.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:45 PM
They are playing easy-mode because they lost the game.

Well played.

Froggie
November 16th, 2011, 11:46 PM
How fun is your supah hardcore Dark Souls again? :D

I felt like AN KING OF CONQUERORS when I finally killed the Taurus Demon.

Sure, I died a bajillion times, lost a quadrillion souls, screamed, and cussed, but I won and it felt GOOD.

Blackdeath6031
November 16th, 2011, 11:46 PM
How about we get a library full of books on magecraft excluding anything on magic or near magic level and give us x amount of time to study them before tossing us out into the world?Actually, I agree with this. Something similar to a tutorial stage.

Also, maybe someone who could help get us started on how to operate magic circuits and so on.

BBL, exam time. orz

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I felt like AN KING OF CONQUERORS when I finally killed the Taurus Demon.

Sure, I died a bajillion times, lost a quadrillion souls, screamed, and cussed, but I won and it felt GOOD.

Now try I Wanna be the Guy.

Bloble
November 16th, 2011, 11:47 PM
This is real. I, me, the person that I am is now in a foreign world. I have no one to call friend, nowhere to go, and nothing to do. I most likely don't even have magic circuits. If I can, I'd like to perhaps go to Atlas. If I can become even a bit stronger, I'll be able to truly effect the world around me.

I don't want to die. It's scary, and I never want to have to kill another human being. But I am blessed with knowledge of what is to come. I know how close this world will come to ending in the future, and I know of people who will attempt to change the bright future ahead of me for their own selfish reasons. I cannot allow that.

I am no hero. I am not strong, or brave, or smart. But I am the only one who can do this. I'm the only one who can defend the timeline from the invaders who seek to change it. The events must be preserved, and I am the one who shall make sure there are no deviations.

I won't allow it. It will not happen. You will not change anything.

I am weak, and I will most likely die. I am scared, and pathetic. But I will fight you.

For the world.

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Actually, I agree with this. Something similar to a tutorial stage.

Also, maybe someone who could help get us started on how to operate magic circuits and so on.

BBL, exam time. orz

> Learn reinforcement.
> Get good at it.
> Win the game.

Airen
November 16th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Now try I Wanna be the Guy.

I'm so close to beating I wanna be the Guy. I just lost all willpower...

This is real. I, me, the person that I am is now in a foreign world. I have no one to call friend, nowhere to go, and nothing to do. I most likely don't even have magic circuits. If I can, I'd like to perhaps go to Atlas. If I can become even a bit stronger, I'll be able to truly effect the world around me.

I don't want to die. It's scary, and I never want to have to kill another human being. But I am blessed with knowledge of what is to come. I know how close this world will come to ending in the future, and I know of people who will attempt to change the bright future ahead of me for their own selfish reasons. I cannot allow that.

I am no hero. I am not strong, or brave, or smart. But I am the only one who can do this. I'm the only one who can defend the timeline from the invaders who seek to change it. The events must be preserved, and I am the one who shall make sure there are no deviations.

I am weak, and I will most likely die. I am scared, and pathetic. But I will fight you.

For the world.

*claps*

*Makes a note that this man will be an obstacle in the plans*

I will bring change to the world.

Yun
November 16th, 2011, 11:49 PM
> Learn reinforcement.
> Get good at it.
> Win the game.
So I wasn't the only one thinking of going that way heh.

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM
So I wasn't the only one thinking of going that way heh.

Well it was either that or cheat with runes. :D

Chaos Greyblood
November 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I want in for mah Aoko. No fucking exceptions and no takebacks. >o>

Yun
November 16th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Well it was either that or cheat with runes. :D
....lol, so form team up and try to make the world a better place?

Airen

Aoko Sensei is mine...

*Makes a note that Chaos is also an obstacle*

SeiKeo

Airen, you lose this on account of not having an Aoko avatar.

...actually, on that note, fuck Japan, hello Shanghai.

Fangstrike
This idea is interesting.

We must take lessons from Bloble.

Airen
November 16th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Airen, you lose this on account of not having an Aoko avatar.

I had an Aoko avatar until two days ago! *grumbles*

Eh, if I can't have Aoko, I'll just go for Sion~

Sei
November 16th, 2011, 11:54 PM
....lol, so form team up and try to make the world a better place?

Done. <.<

Fangstrike
November 16th, 2011, 11:55 PM

For the world.

Awesome speech... too bad that puts you at odds with just about everybody.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:55 PM

Eh, if I can't have Aoko, I'll just go for Sion~

Tis unfortunate, no

^ Nah, I'm fine with it.

Chaos Greyblood
November 16th, 2011, 11:56 PM

I've had it since we got here and I resurrected the FC. What dost thou have?

Bloble
November 16th, 2011, 11:57 PM
...You are all obstacles, every one of you.

I shall allow the more foolish of you to kill yourselves trying to speak with people who will at best kill you on sight and at worst keep you for torture so they might extract information from your half dead bodies. Do not despair, however. I shall end your lives before you can reveal even a bit of the information that can change the future.

Those of you seeking to interfere with the more amiable characters must be stopped. I shall not allow you to make contact with them in their delicate stage of life. You must not be able to influence them in any way, or the future could be destroyed. Any foolish attempts at 'shipping' will be met with lethal force. Nature must be allowed to run its course, and I will not allow you to change what has been ordained.

And those of you who seek to make contact with the most dangerous people must be stopped immediately. Giving people such as Gilgamesh, Matou Zouken, and Roa information about the future cannot be allowed. I shall terminate you with extreme prejudice.

The timestream shall be preserved.

Airen
November 16th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I've had it since we got here and I resurrected the FC. What dost thou have?

...I reluctantly acknowledge my loss.

I shall allow the more foolish of you to kill yourselves trying to speak with people who will at best kill you on sight and at worst keep you for torture so they might extract information from your half dead bodies. Do not despair, however. I shall end your lives before you can reveal even a bit of the information that can change the future.

Those of you seeking to interfere with the more amiable characters must be stopped. I shall not allow you to make contact with them in their delicate stage of life. You must not be able to influence them in any way, or the future could be destroyed. Any foolish attempts at 'shipping' will be met with lethal force. Nature must be allowed to run its course, and I will not allow you to change what has been ordained.

And those of you who seek to make contact with the most dangerous people must be stopped immediately. Giving people such as Gilgamesh, Matou Zouken, and Roa information about the future cannot be allowed. I shall terminate you with extreme prejudice.

I cannot sit back and allow something like this to occur. We are granted the chance to change the past, to change the world for the better, and you are too afraid to reach out and take it. Those who are lost will remain so unless something is changed, and if you are an obstacle to that change... To the fulfillment, no, the realization, of their second chance then I shall use all my admittedly weak power to see you removed.

So then, let us begin this game of chess, one who watches over time.

SeiKeo
November 16th, 2011, 11:58 PM

You haven't watched Canaan, right?

Bloble
November 17th, 2011, 12:00 AM
You haven't watched Canaan, right?

...I've seen the first episode. But really, if the villain winning won't destroy the world, I won't interfere. Fate is the most important place, since a single failure by Shirou can potentially doom the world to destruction from Angra Mainyu. Tsukihime is of secondary importance as well.

SeiKeo
November 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
...I've seen the first episode. But really, if the villain winning won't destroy the world, I won't interfere. Fate is the most important place, since a single failure by Shirou can potentially doom the world to destruction from Angra Mainyu. Tsukihime is of secondary importance as well.

Okay, sweet, carry on. Question for Shade: ​Canaan y/n?

Froggie
November 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
You go save the world, Bloble. Struggle, fight, bleed and be hurt.

I'll be over here, stalking Waver.

Bloble
November 17th, 2011, 12:03 AM
You go save the world, Bloble. Struggle, fight, bleed and be hurt.

I'll be over here, stalking Waver.

...It's not like him having a stalker/girlfriend will change anything important. Go ahead.

Sei
November 17th, 2011, 12:06 AM
So Bloble,will you get in the way of me saving Rin's dad, keeping Shirou from suffering in the fire, and potentially setting up Sakura with a functioning father figure?

Bloble
November 17th, 2011, 12:10 AM
So Bloble,will you get in the way of me saving Rin's dad, keeping Shirou from suffering in the fire, and potentially setting up Sakura with a functioning father figure?

Yes, because the chance of you failing and making everything even worse is too great. Any deviance from canon ventures out into the unknown. In all instances, the canon endings to FSN are all good enough to preserve, and result in a happy end. Even relatively minor changes to the formula can render FSN unwinnable and lock the world into a Bad End. A few people are nothing compared to the lives of millions.

SeiKeo
November 17th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Yes, because the chance of you failing and making everything even worse is too great. Any deviance from canon ventures out into the unknown. In all instances, the canon endings to FSN are all good enough to preserve, and result in a happy end. Even relatively minor changes to the formula can render FSN unwinnable and lock the world into a Bad End. A few people are nothing compared to the lives of millions.

Bloble knows where it's at.

Sei
November 17th, 2011, 12:13 AM

Well I guess I'll just make sure we get all the tiger stamps then. Good luck, guy.

RacingeR
November 17th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Just looking at my user title you can tell that I am going to be at odds with Bloble xD.

Ivan The Mouse
November 17th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Damn, good premise for a story and ruined by pairings.

This shit happens, fine, I'm going Gravilo Princip. I might be the rogue bastard that BL needs.

From my cold dead hands, people, cold dead hands.

Chaos Greyblood
November 17th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I'm simply looking forward of becoming Aoko's apprentice and kick some magical ass. =3=

EnigmaticFellow
November 17th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I might just stick around in the Clock Tower and be a research junkie. Then again, getting dirty looks for being a magus without lineage might be annoying. Perhaps Atlas would be a better choice.

Bloble
November 17th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I'm simply looking forward of becoming Aoko's apprentice and kick some magical ass. =3=

Not gonna happen. But if the 1 in a trillion chance of success you have actually pays off and she accepts, I'll leave you alone. First, because she'd kill me pretty much instantly, and second, because she doesn't have much appearance in the story and as long as you don't talk to or even go near Shiki the two times she sees him there will be no change in the canon story line and your presence will have no impact.

Sei
November 17th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Not gonna happen. But if the 1 in a trillion chance of success you have actually pays off and she accepts, I'll leave you alone. First, because she'd kill me pretty much instantly, and second, because she doesn't have much appearance in the story and as long as you don't talk to or even go near Shiki the two times she sees him there will be no change in the canon story line and your presence will have no impact.

Did he just call Aoko insignificant?

*goes to laugh in corner*

SeiKeo
November 17th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I might just stick around in the Clock Tower and be a research junkie. Then again, getting dirty looks for being a magus without lineage might be annoying. Perhaps Atlas would be a better choice.

So boring EF.

Bloble
November 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM

I don't care about Aoko because she has very little to do with canon outside of giving Shiki a lecture or two. As long as you don't screw with established canon I'll leave you alone.

Sei
November 17th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I don't care about Aoko because she has very little to do with canon outside of giving Shiki a lecture or two. As long as you don't screw with established canon I'll leave you alone.

You do realize that I have to mess with Aoko now, right? :P

RacingeR
November 17th, 2011, 12:30 AM
@Bloble: Your hipocrisy amuses me.

What use is all of this when the Land of Steel and the end of the world as they know it is fast approaching?

You misguided fool. Don't you notice that by introducing change, by bettering everyone's life, we may create people that can fight against the dark inevitabilty that plagues this verse?

Call me a villain if you like. I have no problems with wearing black and sitting in a throne made of fake skulls. I will introduce change to this world. I will make it better... not for one person, or for a few hundred. I will make it so that the whole world becomes a better place!

EnigmaticFellow
November 17th, 2011, 12:32 AM
So boring EF.

You're right Leo! I must now revise my plan so that I shall enlist the help of an elephant and use it to defeat Primate Murder. I shall pave the way for TYPE-BABER to be the first DAA.

Sei
November 17th, 2011, 12:32 AM
What you call a villain, I call the hero of another order. ^^

SeiKeo
November 17th, 2011, 12:33 AM
You're right Leo! I must now revise my plan so that I shall enlist the help of an elephant and use it to defeat Primate Murder. I shall pave the way for TYPE-BABER to be the first DAA.

See, this is what we're talking about.

Chaos Greyblood
November 17th, 2011, 12:33 AM

Your absolute lack of faith is disturbing. -0-

Sei, can I hug you? <3

What use is all of this when the Land of Steel and the end of the world as they know it is fast approaching?

You misguided fool. Don't you notice that by introducing change, by bettering everyone's life, we may create people that can fight against the dark inevitabilty that plagues this verse?

Call me a villain if you like. I have no problems with wearing black and sitting in a throne made of fake skulls. I will introduce change to this world. I will make it better... not for one person, or for a few hundred. I will make it so that the whole world becomes a better place!

Well Intentioned Extremist?

Sei
November 17th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Sei, can I hug you? <3

I mean you can, but I agree with Bloble. <.<

Fangstrike
November 17th, 2011, 12:37 AM

Racing, where can I sign up for your team?

EnigmaticFellow
November 17th, 2011, 12:38 AM
See, this is what we're talking about.

Indeed! And I shall turn myself into a DA and replace Altrouge just so that we can still have the pet and master pairing amongst the DAAs.

Ivan The Mouse
November 17th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Racinger, I'm your agent. One thing that does not change in this world is the fact that the world always changes.

Fate does not exist.

SeiKeo
November 17th, 2011, 12:39 AM

fast

laughingbob.jpg

Bloble
November 17th, 2011, 12:40 AM

You misunderstand. As I am I will not be able to do anything world changing even when FSN rolls around. I will make sure that one of the canon endings happens, saving the world from AM and Gilgamesh. And then, my true plan shall begin.

Notes itself is a bad end. One that I intend to change. Since we know nothing after FSN I can freely insert myself into the Nasuverse as a player instead of an observer. I shall become a force of good, and I will do my best to make this world a better place, one that will not become Notes.

You however, shall have no place in this world. A person who is willing to blindly play around with an entire world of people, a person who's willing to risk billions of lives with their foolish antics... such a person is one that I will oppose with all of my might. Say what you want, and I shall make sure the world heads towards a brighter future than the one you plan to bring about.

RacingeR
November 17th, 2011, 12:48 AM
You misunderstand. As I am I will not be able to do anything world changing even when FSN rolls around. I will make sure that one of the canon endings happens, saving the world from AM and Gilgamesh. And then, my true plan shall begin.

Notes itself is a bad end. One that I intend to change. Since we know nothing after FSN I can freely insert myself into the Nasuverse as a player instead of an observer. I shall become a force of good, and I will do my best to make this world a better place, one that will not become Notes.

You however, shall have no place in this world. A person who is willing to blindly play around with an entire world of people, a person who's willing to risk billions of lives with their foolish antics... such a person is one that I will oppose with all of my might. Say what you want, and I shall make sure the world heads towards a brighter future than the one you plan to bring about.

*Sigh*

Very well. I tried to appeal to your rationality, to your spirit. But you are dead inside, Bloble. You truly see no hope for anyone.

But I am choosing to trust them. I am choosing to trust all those people you speak of saving. I am taking the route of change, I am taking the route of chaos unbound. The hipocrisy of your order will only bring destruction and sadness to this world.

Chaos versus Order? So be it. Words are redundant now.

Elyrin
November 17th, 2011, 12:51 AM
*sits in cafe, sipping tea and watching with interest*

Sei
November 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM
*Reading Magecraft 101*

EnigmaticFellow
November 17th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I'll be on my elephant if you need me guys.

*prepares the popcorn

Bloble
November 17th, 2011, 01:02 AM
So it came to this after all. Very well.

We shall be two insignificant people squabbling over the fate of the world. How sad. How laughable. How horrifying, that people as weak and pathetic as us will be able to change the world with a snap of our fingers. But then again, that is the way it shall be.

People of BL. Hear me. I am not your enemy. I do not despise you or wish to destroy your lives. I want to save this world. I want to keep the timestream on the right track. I cannot force you to do anything, but I will ask you this.

Will you help me? Will you assist me in maintaining the balance? Will you stop those who seek to destroy the path that leads to life? I want, no, I need your help. I am weak, but together, we can make a difference. Even if none of you listen I shall fight on my own, but having even a single person that believes in this hope of mine can make all the difference.

Thank you for your time.

alfheimwanderer
November 17th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Yes! Non-pairing related question!

And, to simplify things, legal identities to allow for such paperwork.

Great. I assume that we don't get access to any of our assets from our original life though? Not even liquidating any investments we might have held? And will the financial market be more or less the same in this RP? Because if we're going 1990s....hail Yahoo! And Microsoft! Etc.

Also, if we have any odd talents from real life, these are ported over as well?

Further, another question. Contracts with the world. Will these be possible, and at what level might they be offered?

Well, this is good, except that the Grail War will happen

You certainly don't know that for sure, depending what goes down in the Fourth. Hey, if you can get the c4 and rig the greater Grail to blow, no Fifth War. No Saber - and if you rescue Sakura, who is to say she'll even be interested in Shirou?

Quality of the school does depend on the location. You don't see Rin talking about wanting to stay and study in Japan's prestigious magical academies...

Certainly, but keep in mind each family has a good deal of lore as well that they pass on. One in general that I definitely have my eye on, given the time frame and the location of the only known main family member...

For the world.

Ah, but Bloble, your mere presence already changes everything.

Anyway, as to my plans - I would very much like to set up a nice cafe in Mifune, as for a magus, information is power, and how better to learn about goings ons, then word of mouth? After all, the internet certainly won't be quite so developed yet.

zlol365
November 17th, 2011, 01:54 AM
My plans?

1) Study under Kiritsugu
2) Kill Kayneth.
6) Go chill with Waver.

Sound cool. :3

I think i shall twist kotomine kirei in the seven years he trains under tokiomi. :3

Chaos Greyblood
November 17th, 2011, 02:00 AM
My plans concerning Aoko?

1) Study under her
2) Meet Shiki and learn how he manages to score a lot of women.
3) Learn about the 5th Magic more closely
4) Atomize Roa into many little particles and spare Shiki from suffering
5) Kick some ass and have some hawt lovin' with Sion
6) Go chill with Aoko and learn more.
7) Aoko is love

Easy as pie. :3

Elyrin
November 17th, 2011, 02:01 AM
4) Atomize Roa into many little particles and spare Shiki from suffering

What makes you think this will help at all?

All it does is give him a chance to pick a better magus next time.

Chaos Greyblood
November 17th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Okay, I'll rephrase.

6) Help out Shiki eliminate Roa 'cause he's a swell guy and I like him.

zlol365
November 17th, 2011, 02:06 AM
I'll make sure roa lives and comes over to fuyuki for massive laulz.
then think..

AM, KIREI, ROA.

HOHOHO.

Elyrin
November 17th, 2011, 02:09 AM
hmm...

Depending on when we start, Roa might still be in Elesia. So... good luck, Chaos!

Yun
November 17th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I'll be joining this RP btw.

Done. <.<
We'll need to discuss what we're going to focus on learning once Shaderic decides how the system for learning works

Your probably right that any attempt to alter the timeline for FSN or Fate/Zero will probably just mess things up more but you know what, to hell with any plan that depends on holding to canon because I'll take that risk for the sake of saving lives.

There is nothing foolish about saving innocent people.

Will you help me? Will you assist me in maintaining the balance? Will you stop those who seek to destroy the path that leads to life? I want, no, I need your help. I am weak, but together, we can make a difference. Even if none of you listen I shall fight on my own, but having even a single person that believes in this hope of mine can make all the difference.

There is no certainty that your path will lead to life because our very presence within the world will alters the timeline and the only certainty is that all of us will die in time.

zlol365
November 17th, 2011, 02:55 AM
@bloble: Chaos is power. Admit it.....

JOIN US! BLUD FOR THE BLUD GOD.
opps. wrong one XD

Ivan The Mouse
November 17th, 2011, 03:16 AM
But then again, that is the way it shall be.

DO NOT SAY THIS IS HOW IT HAS TO BE...YOU DO NO BETTER THAN THE FOOLS OF FUYUKI CITY!

RacingeR
November 17th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Heh.

Fate does not exist.

After all... we have the power to carve fate with our own hands.

My plan is set. Even if I am killed, it will be too late. Even if my declarated agents are destroyed, it will be too late.

You see... it has always been too late! Kihihihihi

Spinach
November 17th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Silently observing everything going on in here... and paying special attention to Bloble and Racing...

zlol365
November 17th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Bloble, your ideals maybe noble, but we see in the end, broken dreams as the fated ending of notes happens.

By creating chaos and more chaos...

that is the way. :3 We force humanity to progress. Remember the wars of world war I, world war II. Humanity suffered, but eventually, look at what surfaced.

Woman's rights.
Better living conditions.
Advancements in technologies that led humanity further
Changes in ideology

Humanity needs conflict to improve. You cannot deny it!

Lastly, we chaos haz our theme. Epic.

[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vds5cJ_RnAU

BLOBLE! FIGHT THIS THEME WITH YOUR MIGHT!

Usandru
November 17th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Well... I suppose as at least partial instigator of this whole thing, I should take a measure of responsibility.

I'll be speaking mostly from the POV having participated in the "A Circle is SB" thread, and how that worked, just for reference.

Great. I assume that we don't get access to any of our assets from our original life though? Not even liquidating any investments we might have held? And will the financial market be more or less the same in this RP? Because if we're going 1990s....hail Yahoo! And Microsoft! Etc.

Assets, no. The financial market is probably superficially the same, but the ripple effects of having immortal superbeings and the near-random annihilation of whole towns might cause some... unexpected fluctuations.

That is, this knowledge will likely be useful, but only up to some point. At least, that would be a balance requirement.

Also, if we have any odd talents from real life, these are ported over as well?

That was how it worked in "Circle is SB". The main requirement is to be able to give a summary of what you're doing and why that the GM can understand. Listing relevant skills during "character creation" would likely be wise.

Further, another question. Contracts with the world. Will these be possible, and at what level might they be offered?

I'd assume that is up to the World =P

But I see no reason why they should be restricted more than usual for the Nasuverse.

Right. From what I can tell, one of the most crucial factors in making the game work is going to be overwhelming external pressure. In "Circle is SB" the players were part of an organization that was openly reviled by the public and was opposed on nearly all levels by the state religion. That made for an interesting challenge, since nobody really wanted to start a fight, even with pseudo-immortality. Similarly, there had been a massive fight against demon-possessed "players" in the prologue to rationalize the tighter-knit community.

Taking this into the Nasuverse, I think having the BL-faction be a sudden Japanese/Asian Magus faction set in opposition to the Clock Tower (regardless of BL's feelings on the matter!) would set up a good situation. More so if this was done without consulting, say, the Tohno's, to add some domestic trouble as well.

Aside from this, there needs to be an incentive for people to stay in the faction, and possibly also some kind of early event that ensures people have a good reason not to just instantly splinter into dozens of disparate groups, since that would probably inevitably lead to some kind of PvP.

Of course, that might be the point. Setting things up so the emphasis is also on internal politics would be interesting at least. It just makes my head hurt trying to imagine how to run it.

It might also be interesting to set the game unusually early, to avoid having to deal with canon (and thus shipping, and the various obsessions of the board members), while increasing the amount of influence all the supernatural factions can exert on the mundane world. Having the Japanese-Magus faction spring up somewhat concurrent with the Meiji Restoration might be pretty interesting for instance, and would lead up to WWI and WWII as the "big events". Or something. Thoughts?

zlol365
November 17th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Well... I suppose as at least partial instigator of this whole thing, I should take a measure of responsibility.

I'll be speaking mostly from the POV having participated in the "A Circle is SB" thread, and how that worked, just for reference.

Assets, no. The financial market is probably superficially the same, but the ripple effects of having immortal superbeings and the near-random annihilation of whole towns might cause some... unexpected fluctuations.

That is, this knowledge will likely be useful, but only up to some point. At least, that would be a balance requirement.

That was how it worked in "Circle is SB". The main requirement is to be able to give a summary of what you're doing and why that the GM can understand. Listing relevant skills during "character creation" would likely be wise.

I'd assume that is up to the World =P

But I see no reason why they should be restricted more than usual for the Nasuverse.

Right. From what I can tell, one of the most crucial factors in making the game work is going to be overwhelming external pressure. In "Circle is SB" the players were part of an organization that was openly reviled by the public and was opposed on nearly all levels by the state religion. That made for an interesting challenge, since nobody really wanted to start a fight, even with pseudo-immortality. Similarly, there had been a massive fight against demon-possessed "players" in the prologue to rationalize the tighter-knit community.

Taking this into the Nasuverse, I think having the BL-faction be a sudden Japanese/Asian Magus faction set in opposition to the Clock Tower (regardless of BL's feelings on the matter!) would set up a good situation. More so if this was done without consulting, say, the Tohno's, to add some domestic trouble as well.

Aside from this, there needs to be an incentive for people to stay in the faction, and possibly also some kind of early event that ensures people have a good reason not to just instantly splinter into dozens of disparate groups, since that would probably inevitably lead to some kind of PvP.

Of course, that might be the point. Setting things up so the emphasis is also on internal politics would be interesting at least. It just makes my head hurt trying to imagine how to run it.

It might also be interesting to set the game unusually early, to avoid having to deal with canon (and thus shipping, and the various obsessions of the board members), while increasing the amount of influence all the supernatural factions can exert on the mundane world. Having the Japanese-Magus faction spring up somewhat concurrent with the Meiji Restoration might be pretty interesting for instance, and would lead up to WWI and WWII as the "big events". Or something. Thoughts?

BLers, we all want to change the fate of nasuverse since we know about what will happen in notes.

therefore, why not two separate groups of 'order' and 'chaos'?

status quo and messing canon?