PDA

View Full Version : "Character Material" translated?

Alder
November 28th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I was just wondering if there was a proper, page-by-page transcription/translation of Character Material. I mean, the information's pretty widely available, but I for one would like to be able to read it as an actual translation, as opposed to commentary on a wiki. Is there one out there?

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 08:53 PM
If you mean Complete Material 3 then look two threads down. What little we got from Complete Material 2 hasn't been organized in any way.

Mcjon01
November 28th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Pretty sure no, there isn't.

If you mean Complete Material 3 then look two threads down. What little we got from Complete Material 2 hasn't been organized in any way.

I'm assuming he's talking about Character Material. Like, the one with Merem and Gransurg and Proto-Saber and the like.

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
In that case the second best thing then is the fuyuki wiki. I think the best link for that is on the Fate/Zero Baka Tsuki page. Note that arai abandoned it as out of date so there is a lot of speculation there, especially anything in italics.

Edit: derp, why did I read that as Complete Material?

deadfish
November 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I think Evo translated the short stories.

The entries themselves.
I could just redo everything as a proper translation.
But that would take energy.

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah those should be on his site at moonlit world.

Lianru
November 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
The entries themselves.
I'm going to be a hypocrite now and encourage you to stop being lazy. =P

Mcjon01
November 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I think Evo translated the short stories.

The entries themselves.

I was planning on doing it someday, in the far flung future.

Far enough that somebody else would get pissed off, learn Japanese to fluency, and translate it themselves first...

deadfish
November 28th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Oh, you're volunteering for the job?

Okay guys, Mcjon is going to translate Character Material for us. If we encourage him some more, he'll also do Mahoyo, Fate Extra CC, and the rest of FHA.

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Okay, but you still have to translate Decoration Disorder Disconnection and whatever Melty Blood quotes come out.

*terraablaze is a proper American, that is an entitled cretin*

deadfish
November 28th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Let's leave everything Melty Blood related to Dartz. It's more fun that way.

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 09:07 PM
deadfish is scary when he gets revenge.

Lianru
November 28th, 2011, 09:07 PM

Okay guys, Mcjon is going to translate Character Material for us. If we encourage him some more, he'll also do Mahoyo, Fate Extra CC, and the rest of FHA.
Go, mcjon, go! Translate Tsuki no Sango too so I don't have to (and then no one will have to read my crappy Chinese translations)!

Alder
November 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Okay, but you still have to translate Decoration Disorder Disconnection and whatever Melty Blood quotes come out.

*terraablaze is a proper American, that is an entitled cretin*

So generous. I guess, who needs free time when you're doing the bidding of faceless internet people?

You're on a higher purpose​ now, dude.

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I'm sure doing this will somehow help him get a job faster.
The power of wishful thinking tells me so.

Lianru
November 28th, 2011, 09:13 PM
People who translate Type-Moon stuff for us will surely be blessed with fortune later in life~ ^_^

Mcjon01
November 28th, 2011, 09:15 PM

Okay, I'll do it, but I'm pegging my progress to Nasu's writing schedule. Expect my first draft when Tsukihime 2 comes out~♥

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Ah ah ah not so fast, first draft when Mahoya or Fate/Extra CCC is released. Which ever comes out first.

Tobias
November 28th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Okay, I'll do it, but I'm pegging my progress to Nasu's writing schedule. Expect my first draft when Tsukihime 2 comes out~♥

Clearly mcjon needs more of that encouragement arai was talking about.

Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

terraablaze
November 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM
No wonder it never works, he can't type if he is bound.

Lianru
November 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM
...Remind me never to do something to incur your wrath, Tobias.

Tobias
November 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM
No wonder it never works, he can't type if he is bound.

Clearly that just means more encouragement is required!

Dartz
November 28th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I was planning on doing it someday, in the far flung future.

Far enough that somebody else would get pissed off, learn Japanese to fluency, and translate it themselves first...

I'll be that somebody, then. Don't worry.

Lianru
November 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Learn faster, Dartz.
:3

mewarmo990
November 28th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I think I translated like, one page of Character Material somewhere before realizing that all this stuff was on fuyuki. I don't even remember what it was about. I'll look for it.

edit: my bad, I think it was Fate/side material stuff.

Touko
December 15th, 2011, 12:28 AM
It's really low priority. About 60~70% of the materials of Side Materials are already rolled into Fuyuki. The rest has been flung back and forth over the forum by arai, Mcjun, and I, so most people have seen them.

If you really have time to burn on translating tomes, CM3, Plus Period, and the supplementary for KnK are much more interesting and beneficial for the masses.

Cruor
December 15th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Translate all the jokes and joke character stuff in CM. People will enjoy that!

Kotonoha
December 15th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Clearly mcjon needs more of that encouragement arai was talking about.

Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Hello, new favourite quote.

Mcjon01
December 15th, 2011, 01:26 AM
and the supplementary for KnK

What is there besides that little Rakkyo dictionary, anyway?

Cruor
December 15th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Movie pamphlets, obviously.

Funny thing, this is something that people probably would like to see as the KnK movie pamphlets really did include random tidbits of information.

Touko
December 15th, 2011, 01:39 AM
What is there besides that little Rakkyo dictionary, anyway?

There's more, the Jonnobi hoard for KnK is much larger than the KnK dictionary. (That's the thing with Jonnobi, it's probably 99% legit, but they don't label where they got the information).

Mcjon01
December 15th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Bleh. Rather take it from where Jonnobi took it from, instead of taking it from Jonnobi. Don't like the way it keeps updating the Rakkyo stuff with the newest CM information, for one. If I wanted to see that I'd look in the Fate section.

Cruor
December 15th, 2011, 01:47 AM
There's more, the Jonnobi hoard for KnK is much larger than the KnK dictionary. (That's the thing with Jonnobi, it's probably 99% legit, but they don't label where they got the information).

But Jonnobi has pointless entries like the MP5 entry (complete with the rounds it fires and all the statistics of the weapon) the Special Assault Team entry (why?).

Touko
December 15th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Bleh. Rather take it from where Jonnobi took it from, instead of taking it from Jonnobi. Don't like the way it keeps updating the Rakkyo stuff with the newest CM information, for one. If I wanted to see that I'd look in the Fate section.

I actually don't know why they cross-pollinate the concepts of KnK with Fate/Tsukihime, as KnK supposed to stand apart from the later two, universe-wise (they do acknowledge this, as KnK archive is apart from Fate/Tsuki).

I guess at this point, there's no evidence that the concepts differ in any significant way.

mewarmo990
December 15th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I actually don't know why they cross-pollinate the concepts of KnK with Fate/Tsukihime, as KnK supposed to stand apart from the later two, universe-wise (they do acknowledge this, as KnK archive is apart from Fate/Tsuki).

I guess at this point, there's no evidence that the concepts differ in any significant way.
I thought there were some inconsistencies (or at least questions) with the Counter Force in Rakkyo vs Fate/Tsukihime?

Or rather, it's more like both sides fail to mention each other's explanation. Rakkyo talking about Counter Force subtly spurring humans to correct human errors, Fate saying Guardians come in to clean up.

Cruor
December 15th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I thought there were some inconsistencies (or at least questions) with the Counter Force in Rakkyo vs Fate/Tsukihime?

Or rather, it's more like both sides fail to mention each other's explanation. Rakkyo talking about Counter Force subtly spurring humans to correct human errors, Fate saying Guardians come in to clean up.

Wasn't there that CM3 question where Nasu was asked about the Counter Force getting at Sakura/AM and he was all that didn't happen yet but you could argue that it was acting and whatnot.

mewarmo990
December 15th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Wasn't there that CM3 question where Nasu was asked about the Counter Force getting at Sakura/AM and he was all that didn't happen yet but you could argue that it was acting and whatnot.
He said it wasn't explicitly in action yet.

Then he said if you want to get deep into it, it could become one of those endless arguments about whether it was moving or not. Which probably stems from Rakkyo's explanation of the "subtle" Counter Force moving positioning people and events to stop bad things from happening.

IIRC the explanations between Rakkyo and Fate aren't mutually incompatible, but they don't really overlap either.

Kotonoha
December 18th, 2011, 11:41 AM
But Jonnobi has pointless entries like the MP5 entry (complete with the rounds it fires and all the statistics of the weapon) the Special Assault Team entry (why?).

It also treats Fate/school life as canon, which is kind of lol.

terraablaze
December 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I know I heard it was canon somewhere, have no idea where that came from though.

Mcjon01
December 18th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Probably from Jonnobi treating it like canon. :p

terraablaze
December 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM
That is my new guess. Though I still have no idea where I originally heard it from.

Kotonoha
December 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I remember it coming up in a conversation I was involved in. Something about "Prisma Illya's not canon", and then someone saying "but Fate/school life is" because of something or other... can't remember now.