PDA

View Full Version : Corpse Party (PSP)

Yden
November 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJjDE_yyBZM

Play it now.

Cruor
November 29th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Oh hay, I mentioned this back in the General Visual Novels Thread.... Wherever that is.

Sei
November 29th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Oh gawd!

I just picked this game up at random over Thanksgiving and it's awesome!

Kotonoha
November 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I loev Corpse Party so I second Yden's suggestion. I need to get a PSN giftcard or something so I can buy the English version too (supporting the translators/tiny possibility of localizing the sequel and all that).

I played Book of Shadows a while ago also, and the ending of that suggests that there might be another sequel planned. okaywiththis.jpg

Sei
November 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM
BTW...

Totally noobish here...but how the hell to I keep from getting the bad end in chapter 1?

After spending like half and hour trying to figure out how to survive the infirmary, I'm kinda annoyed at the inevitable wrong end. :/

Kotonoha
November 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM
The one in the infirmary?

-Get the matches from the stove first if you didn't already
-When it starts chasing you, go to the door and try to use the matches on the hair
-When that doesn't work (you still need to do it IIRC), go over to the cabinet on the top right and get the bottle of alcohol or whatever it was
-Go back to the door and use the alcohol+matches
And yeah, one nice thing Book of Shadows had that the first game sorely lacked was a GODDAMN SKIP FUNCTION and a decent number of save slots, and a CG/BGM gallery, and the ability to save anytime...

Sei
November 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
The one in the infirmary?

-Get the matches from the stove first if you didn't already
-When it starts chasing you, go to the door and try to use the matches on the hair
-When that doesn't work (you still need to do it IIRC), go over to the cabinet on the top right and get the bottle of alcohol or whatever it was
-Go back to the door and use the alcohol+matches

I did that, but still bad ending. I'm convinced it's something I had to do before that scene (pulling from my FSN experiences).

I'm tired of seeing poor Saeko suffer. >_<

Yden
November 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I did that, but still bad ending. I'm convinced it's something I had to do before that scene (pulling from my FSN experiences).

I'm tired of seeing poor Saeko suffer. >_<

Go into the locked room and don't listen to the dying message and read the newspaper. After a while the door will unlock again.
Saeko can't be saved :(

Sei
November 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I can't believe I got trolled in the first chapter. =__=;

Kotonoha
November 29th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Isn't it sad, Seiko?

deadfish
November 29th, 2011, 08:34 PM
There's another Corpse Party game btw.

Sei
November 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
There's another Corpse Party game btw.

Is it in english though? :/

Cruor
November 29th, 2011, 08:39 PM
PC-98, PC/PSP (Blood Covered), and PSP (Book of Shadows) sequel? Is that them all?

deadfish
November 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I think. Haven't really heard much about Book of Shadows.

Kotonoha
November 29th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Book of Shadows was not bad. It wasn't really a direct sequel though, mostly just "what if"s of the original's story and/or backstories on characters.

Except for the last chapter, which followed off the original game's ending, introduced a bunch of questions, and then went "LOL, TO BE CONTINUED!"

Yden
November 29th, 2011, 08:54 PM
From what I've read, Book of Shadows is more like a fan disk type addition to the series. It mainly covers the events of the Blood Covered but in more details. Like some of the sub characters have more fleshed out events and/or playable for a period of time. There are a couple of mangas as well but I haven't checked them out yet.

deadfish
November 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Except for the last chapter, which followed off the original game's ending and then went "LOL, TO BE CONTINUED!"

As the Japanese would say,

kwsk

Sei
November 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I'm waiting to read the manga. Want to beat the game first.

Kotonoha
November 29th, 2011, 09:58 PM
As the Japanese would say,

kwsk

Ok summary of the chapter, spoilers for those who haven't finished the original game yet
-Ayumi and Naomi travel to the middle of nowhere to investigate Yoshie/Sachiko's house to find answers about what happened to their friends (why were they forgotten when Naho/Kibiki weren't, etc)
-They find some vague info about the Shinozakis (there is lots of hinting throughout the whole game that Sachiko's father is important somehow, but we never find out anything useful), and a spell book (the titular Book of Shadows), which contains instructions for raising the dead, so Ayumi thinks attempting necromancy would be an awesome idea (Ayumi is a fucking genius, "well it looks like there's some sort of warning here, but it's not in Japanese so I don't care about it!")
-They try to revive Mayu and get faceless zombie Mayu that instantly dies, then the ritual backfires and nearly kills them
-Ayumi's crazy wiccan sister bursts in to save the day
-Then this happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXTAhuJPoYU)
It's all very "wat".

I'm waiting to read the manga. Want to beat the game first.
Be sure to check out the Corpse Party Musume manga if you like endless pantyshots and rape!

(Seriously, the first volume has a trap getting tentacle raped, Musume is so strange)

deadfish
November 29th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Wat. So it's a sequel?

Also, not just any rape.
Tentacle rape of a trap.

Sei
November 29th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Be sure to check out the Corpse Party Musume manga if you like endless pantyshots and rape!

(Seriously, the first volume has a trap getting tentacle raped, Musume is so strange)

Noted. Will do.

Kotonoha
November 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Wat. So it's a sequel?

If you mean Book of Shadows, not really (apart from that last chapter). If you mean "Blood Drive", seems so.

Cruor
November 29th, 2011, 11:29 PM
is Repeated Fear a what if Satoshi goes back in time to stop everything or something?

RoadBuster
November 30th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Bought it over Thanksgiving as well. Really REALLY enjoying it. And I really like the soundtrack, too. Good to see things like this get brought over.

Kotonoha
November 30th, 2011, 01:08 AM
is Repeated Fear a what if Satoshi goes back in time to stop everything or something?

Book of Shadows? No, it's a "what if Satoshi is such a boring main character he only has a role in one chapter, and that's to feed Yui's cat".

There is sort of a time-loop though, it's based on that one Wrong End from chapter 5

16-bit Irony
November 30th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I think I read somewhere that is would be on psn soon as it came out

Kotonoha
November 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
It's only on PSN, they didn't have the budget to make a disk version.

mewarmo990
November 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
What is a corpse party?

Kotonoha
November 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM
A miserable little pile of secrets?

Baby don't hurt me?

Ivan The Mouse
November 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Baby don't hurt me?

Why is this question so tempting?

hero
April 12th, 2012, 03:50 PM
So I just finished this game. Pretty good!

I thought the ending was horrible (in the ´poor them´ way), though.

Book of Shadows is another game? I don´t assume it is in English, too?

Dying for more of this series.

Kotonoha
April 14th, 2012, 06:17 PM
So I just finished this game. Pretty good!

I thought the ending was horrible (in the ´poor them´ way), though.

Book of Shadows is another game? I don´t assume it is in English, too?

Dying for more of this series.
There's no English version of BoS. Yet anyway. Maybe it'll get translated, I think it would depend on how well the original sold.

It doesn't exactly continue the story though.

terraablaze
August 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=T5UwTAEn1jM

And on that note, now that I have a PSP I need to buy the first one. So lazy, just made a PSN account.

Sei
August 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM
So is the next one a genuine sequel?

Kotonoha
August 17th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Huh.

Well at least it's not set in the school yet again.

Mcjon01
August 17th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Oh, nice. It looks like they actually made this game with a budget, and not with RPG Maker.

terraablaze
August 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
http://grindh.web.fc2.com/

The game begins when Ayame wakes up in a hospital with EKG pads and an IV drip connected to her, but there aren’t any doctors around. Ayame groggily gets up and slides off the table. Clueless on how she arrived at the hospital, Ayame is even more startled when she realizes her memories are gone. Bright lights illuminate the hallway, Ayame staggers down. She sees patient records and charts, but not a soul in sight. She resists succumbing to her sense of panic, and tries to find a way to escape from the dreaded hospital.
going to go with a no on the "is this a sequel". Unless Ayame is a character from a previous game.

Kotonoha
August 17th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Wonder if it'll have any connection to Corpse Party, like all that stuff Book of Shadows hinted at about Sachiko's dad or whatever.

hero
August 17th, 2012, 09:33 AM
MY FUCKIN GOD I WANT THIS

Sei
August 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Welcome to the party, Hero.

Kotonoha
August 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Also looks like the PSP sequels are still going to continue alongside this.

So is "GrindHouse" Kedwin's new circle or what?

hero
August 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
AND ITS FOR PC, I DON'T HAVE TO BUY ANY CONSOLE.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltyeng6FZC1qh31oq.jpg

RELEASE

TRANSLATEEE

terraablaze
August 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM

One source claims it's GrisGris renamed, another claims it was founded this January from members affiliated with GrisGris. I dunno.

Lancelot
August 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hmmm C83... so we will have this early january? Hopefully it won't be too hard japanese (pff like if, I bet it will have some weird looking kanji I've never saw before ;_;).

Kotonoha
August 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Probably won't be voiced.

But the original Corpse Party at least was mostly just teenagers' dialogue (apart from the occasional newspaper or something) so it shouldn't be hard to read.

RacingeR
August 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Hm? So the BoS storyline will continue in the PSP while this new Corpse Party will be a new storyline entirely?

Kotonoha
August 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Seems so, since Kedwin's twitter says to look forward to both Dead Patient and the PSP sequels (of Corpse Party).

Also is that "Hysteric Birthday 2U" thing out now? I wasn't paying much attention because it looked dumb.

terraablaze
August 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I think so, I remember seeing people talk about it like it was.

Paitouch
August 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah, it came out like 2 weeks ago. I've had it downloaded since then, but never got to it.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 17th, 2012, 12:59 PM
This is news most excellent.

Alulim
August 17th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Verily.

terraablaze
December 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=r1NNhSAbeqs

This is going to be a thing next summer. 4 episodes about some girls trapped in a school.

Kotonoha
December 22nd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Only 4 episodes? Huh.

Then again I guess the game's story isn't really that long.

Dragoon
January 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
... So, everyone is aware that there's a new PV for 'Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient,' right? PC will be released in Spring...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xElwyXOMFcs

ChiakiKakumei
January 3rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
What about that other Sequel for Corpse PArty 1 After Book Of Shadows?

RacingeR
January 3rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
What about that other Sequel for Corpse PArty 1 After Book Of Shadows?

As I understand it, Blood Drive is still on production.

terraablaze
January 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Wow, over a year since the last post. Edit: wait, nevermind that's 2013 I just didn't notice this thread bump recently. Finally got the first game and am playing it now. Book of Shadows coming out January 15.

Doppelgänker
January 8th, 2013, 11:48 PM
... Is there a NA release...?

terraablaze
January 9th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Yes. The Book of Shadows release is for North America as well.

hero
January 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
15...........?

THAT'S LIKE 6 DAYS AWAY

FUCK YES

(I thought it was the 22nd, thank the lord)

Paitouch
January 10th, 2013, 02:26 AM
I really wanna play Blood Drive. They gotta give me a way to save Arai Satomi Seiko... and none of that bullshit that happened in Book of Shadows!

hero
January 10th, 2013, 08:47 AM
We eat to save Seiko.

We live to save Seiko.

We buy to save Seiko.

Kotonoha
January 10th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I think Book of Shadows proved that dead Seiko is a universal constant.

RacingeR
January 10th, 2013, 05:03 PM
You guys might want to put the BoS talk in spoilers.

Kotonoha
January 10th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Ok.

hero
January 10th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Fuck you, we will destroy your evil Engraved Seal WITH SHONEN!

Kotonoha
January 10th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Where's that CG of Sachiko's crazyface when I need it.

Paitouch
January 10th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I don't even need to save everyone. If we can get another rewind ending and save Seiko by killing Ayumi before she starts any of this, I'd be cool with it.

Kotonoha
January 10th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Excuse you, Ayumi's the best. Also Yoshiki.

(in all seriousness there are some people who sincerely blame Ayumi for not knowing that doing some girly good-luck charm to cheer up her friend would transport everyone to Murder Hell School, and it makes absolutely no sense to me)

hero
January 10th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Yan ending was best ending

terraablaze
January 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Where is Book of Shadows? I thought it was supposed to come out today. I just beat the first game yesterday for this purpose.

hero
January 15th, 2013, 07:27 PM
its out

terraablaze
January 15th, 2013, 07:59 PM
I can no see it. Why?

Paitouch
January 15th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Are you looking at the NA PSN?

terraablaze
January 15th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Yes, turns out it just didn't show up on the standard bog internet site for some reason. Had to go somewhere else to access the PSN because my wifi is acting funky.

Kotonoha
January 15th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I didn't even know they translated it.

Well, have fun guys! I'm sure you'll get a happy ending this time!

terraablaze
January 15th, 2013, 11:50 PM
You say that like the first game didn't have a happy ending.

RacingeR
January 15th, 2013, 11:57 PM
You say that like the first game didn't have a happy ending.

<.<

>.>

It didn't

Paitouch
January 16th, 2013, 12:21 AM
The only way it can be a happy ending is if Seiko lives.

terraablaze
January 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I'm sorry for having a definition of happy end that isn't fairy tale "and then everyone lived happily ever after and ate cake". The end you get by doing everything right was way better then anything I expected and certainly better then most if not all of the Wrong and Extra ends.

Kotonoha
January 16th, 2013, 09:29 AM
The only way it can be a happy ending is if Seiko lives.
But then it wouldn't be Corpse Party anymore.

Paitouch
January 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry for having a definition of happy end that isn't fairy tale "and then everyone lived happily ever after and ate cake".
I don't need everyone to live happily ever after, just Seiko. Everyone else dying is fine by me, that just means Seiko has more cake to bring home to her family!

terraablaze
January 21st, 2013, 08:58 PM
I'm stuck in chapter 5. I'm controlling Morishige, I got the string and the clip, and now I don't know what to do. Also there are no Gamefaqs up yet (past chapter 1).

Airen
January 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, from the first floor, you should move up one space from the entrance, left one space, and then search the massive crack in the floor.

terraablaze
January 21st, 2013, 09:10 PM
I was afraid it was something like that. I'll try it out later, thanks.

terraablaze
January 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Just finished Book of Shadows. Go to a place more dangerous then Tenjin, don't bring any of the boys or Ayumi's super occultist sister, try performing forbidden arts in a place that you have confirmed is dangerous. Why are these two so smart? Okay that last one it seemed pretty obvious they were emotionally excited but still, the first two need some work.

Blood Drive where?

terraablaze
January 28th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Tried to play Corpse Party -Rebuilt- (the original PC-98 game remade) but I can't see any text. Anyone got any ideas?

lantzblades
February 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
ok so, I finished Bos, question, do I get another special end or are those 7 it?

Paitouch
February 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Only other one is Blood Drive.

Kotonoha
February 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, you unlock it by clearing all the endings (including wrong ends).

Paitouch
February 1st, 2013, 03:39 PM
I remember importing my save data from the first game when I played it a while back and that let me get Blood Drive without needing to view the bad ends.

Kotonoha
February 1st, 2013, 03:39 PM
Oh yeah, that works too, forgot about it. The import function was great because it didn't work on my firmware for some reason so I had to update and updating somehow corrupted my save data so I had to start over and skip through three chapters.

But you should still get the wrong ends anyway because they're great. Only problem with them in BoS is (I might be remembering this wrong) they don't have CGs? (while the endings in the original game did)

lantzblades
February 1st, 2013, 03:49 PM
ok, then i have to get the bad ends then, good to know, thus far we have traded down though...

terraablaze
February 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah, that works too, forgot about it. The import function was great because it didn't work on my firmware for some reason so I had to update and updating somehow corrupted my save data so I had to start over and skip through three chapters.

But you should still get the wrong ends anyway because they're great. Only problem with them in BoS is (I might be remembering this wrong) they don't have CGs? (while the endings in the original game did)

I'm fairly certain there are some unique CGs for at least some of the Wrong Ends because I don't have all the CGs yet in Book of Shadows and that is all I have to do.

A little late but I agree, Ayumi and Yoshiki are the best.

Kotonoha
February 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
There are some you can miss (I think the Morishige chapter in particular has an extra scene if you play it a second time), but I don't think there are any that you get from wrong ends specifically.

terraablaze
February 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I just remembered that there are at least two CGs for that one bad end in Shangri La when you turn around when the note tells you not too. At least last time I checked the game considered that a wrong end.

Also just listened to all the voice actor bits, Asami can really talk. Sad there was no bit for Ikue.

terraablaze
April 22nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201304/23032318.html

So it's coming out this year I guess. Nice pic. Not much else to say.

Paitouch
April 22nd, 2013, 11:44 PM
Who the hell are you?

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Usernames are important.

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
You mean like when Reiu was me?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
The "I can't buy a Vita just for this one game!" games are piling up. Soon I might have to actually buy one.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm having the same problem but it's the Vita and the 3DS. What do I do? Well, I'm going to have to wait for this game some more anyway if I buy a 3DS but the chances of buying a handheld two years in a row are slim.

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
I am in the opposite situation where I have 2 of each of those handhelds but I haven't done anything to get rid of the extra one yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, technically it's 3, I just keep forgetting I have a US 3DS because I never use the damn thing. Why the hell did I buy it?

Break
April 23rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
I am in the opposite situation where I have 2 of each of those handhelds but I haven't done anything to get rid of the extra one yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, technically it's 3, I just keep forgetting I have a US 3DS because I never use the damn thing. Why the hell did I buy it?

For how much would you sell yoir extra Vita?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Gimme your extra consoles Paitouch.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
nsfw
http://memoriesoffear.tumblr.com/post/40779695654/the-tonsil-collection-from-corpseparty-musume-3
What do these mean?
How does a throat have depth? Shouldn't it just go down to their stomach? And what is growth supposed to mean? How can width be unmeasurable?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
It's Musume, don't think too deeply about it.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
A somewhat disappointing answer but since you are the head pervert I'll take your word that it means nothing.

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
I wanna say it means how far down they can take it.

For how much would you sell yoir extra Vita?
I'unno.

Gimme your extra consoles Paitouch.
I wouldn't mind parting with any of them.

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2013, 08:49 AM

I'unno.
I was thinking maybe growth meant how much it can stretch but then what's width.

Oh no, now I'm really thinking about it.

gib plox huehue

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
So it sounds like Tortured Souls has a slightly different story then the games. Oh and what's Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fire? It's some kind of fan book but does it have anything interesting in it?

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
You... you mean Repeated Fear right? There's no way someone actually saw フィアー and thought that it said fire in the Corpse Party context, right? Repeated Fear is the PSP game, which you've played, you may have not known it was called Repeated Fear in Japan though.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
http://memoriesoffear.tumblr.com/post/48480791056/loneotaku-have-you-guys-heard-of-this-new

Doesn't look like it. I never heard of it which is why I was confused. From the picture it certainly looks like it could just be some weird misspelling but then why FAN BOOK at the beginning in all caps?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Psst the post is joking about how "Repeated Fire" is obviously a typo.

Also this is the book. (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%97%E3%82%B9%E3%83%91%E3%8 3%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E3%82%AB%E3%8 3%90%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%AA%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%8 3%83%E3%83%89%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC-%E7%9C%9F%E7%9B%B8%E8%A7%A3%E6%9E%90%E3%83%95%E3%8 2%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB-JIVE-BOOK-SERIES/dp/4861767989)

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
So it's just the the Fan Book of "Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear". No funny names attached. I guess that makes sense.

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Damn ebay merchants. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAN-BOOK-Corpse-Party-Blood-Cover-Repeated-Fire-NEW-/370565191889)

Hoster
April 23rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
Wait, have I missed this threa? I have, haven't I...

Well, either way I'm currently on hold playing through Book of Shadows, should probably carry on with that.

Break
April 23rd, 2013, 11:33 AM

i feel like as oral-fetishist i should answer this but its just as much of a mystery as it is to anyone else. probably just made-up by people who dont really know what they're talking about like so many other things in hentai.

I'unno.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Break
April 23rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
btw what is the deal with this "Corpse Party: Musume"? ive never heard of that before, but looking at it it seems to be some kind of ascended/official erodoujin? looks porny, anyways. i mean the games had fanservice (in unfitting situations...) too, but i didnt expect something like this....

RacingeR
April 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
btw what is the deal with this "Corpse Party: Musume"? ive never heard of that before, but looking at it it seems to be some kind of ascended/official erodoujin? looks porny, anyways. i mean the games had fanservice (in unfitting situations...) too, but i didnt expect something like this....

It is basically the first official manga, which featured a bunch of different characters, was pretty "porny" and was generally horrible.

Afterwards there was a manga version of Repeated Fear/Blood Covered released, which was a lot like the game for what I saw.

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
The first manga was BloodCovered, which started like 2 years before Musume.

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
I think it was also based off the original RPG maker game which probably doesn't make it easier to understand for people who have only played the PSP game. I only played a bit but wow it's different. The parts where it's similar seem weirder then the completely different portions.

RacingeR
April 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
The first manga was BloodCovered, which started like 2 years before Musume.

My bad then.

Break
April 23rd, 2013, 01:23 PM
I think it was also based off the original RPG maker game which probably doesn't make it easier to understand for people who have only played the PSP game. I only played a bit but wow it's different. The parts where it's similar seem weirder then the completely different portions.

i didnt even know it was originally an rpgmaker game....

so what are the biggest differences?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Well the biggest difference between the original PC-98 game and the PC/PSP versions is that the original game only had Satoshi, Yoshiki, Ayumi, Naomi and Yuka, everyone else was added in the remake.

Which is kinda funny when you realize
only the new characters die

Break
April 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
lol, but most of Naomi's drive is pretty much gone without the source of Lesbo-power in CP, what does she even do in the remake then?

Kotonoha
April 23rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
You mean the original. And in that case I dunno because I didn't play much of it.

In the Musume manga she mostly gets naked a lot just like every other character in Musume. It's basically porn (as you can probably tell from the whole "throat rating" image earlier).

terraablaze
April 23rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
On that note it really brings into focus how the new characters don't seem to drive the story quite as much as the original ones. Morishige does his own thing the whole time, Miyu dies, Yui gets trapped under a dresser the whole time, and Seiko is just there for drama. More differences are the two groups from chapter 5 are the starting groups in the original game. Also Naomi doesn't want to jump on Satoshi's penis as a default but if I had to guess from what I've seen warms up to him because she sees what a considerate brother he is which is different from his usual doofus self from class.

Paitouch
April 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Seiko is best character. I must be able to save her in Blood Drive. Pls, even if it's an ending where everyone is dead except Seiko, I will take it.

Break
April 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
You mean the original. And in that case I dunno because I didn't play much of it.

In the Musume manga she mostly gets naked a lot just like every other character in Musume. It's basically porn (as you can probably tell from the whole "throat rating" image earlier).

yeah i guessed as much.. didnt expect it to be official though. then again the original had some fanservice in truly strange/unfittting places (then again thats not so unusual for japanese horror), like the Sachiko pantyshot in her death-flashback.

- - - Updated - - -

Seiko is best character. I must be able to save her in Blood Drive. Pls, even if it's an ending where everyone is dead except Seiko, I will take it.

Seiko is basically Kuroko with boobs and lots of brothers. Oh and she's less obvious/more serious about her Yuri because she's having it for drama and not for comic relief. the same VA really drives that home of course...

- - - Updated - - -

On that note it really brings into focus how the new characters don't seem to drive the story quite as much as the original ones. Morishige does his own thing the whole time, Miyu dies, Yui gets trapped under a dresser the whole time, and Seiko is just there for drama. More differences are the two groups from chapter 5 are the starting groups in the original game. Also Naomi doesn't want to jump on Satoshi's penis as a default but if I had to guess from what I've seen warms up to him because she sees what a considerate brother he is which is different from his usual doofus self from class.

ah, that so? well i guess thats good then.

i liked some of the new one's dynamics though so its good they get more to do in Book of Shadows. (though i actually didnt finish that one yet.)

terraablaze
April 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Probably won't be voiced.

Speaking of which, I don't think anyone here has posted the VAs for Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient (I would have named it Dead on Arrival but I guess that's because I'm a native English speaker).
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c543e79ac6b516940142c06995ce0fa4/tumblr_mkxz8vwfIS1rdu9woo1_400.jpg

Ayame Ito: Kimisora Uwaji.
Masato Hiyami: Kazuya Murakami.
Ritsuko Satomi: Tomomi Isomura.
Chiyomi Homura. Yuzu Watase.
Ryuuji Shimazaki: Ataru Hino.
Kurara Teshimizu: Koharu Asakura.
Tomohisa Shibai: Hideyoshi Hitou.
And more…

Just in case anyone cares.

Dragoon
May 8th, 2013, 03:26 PM
^ In other news about Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient:

The release date of Chapter 1 was pushed back to May 29th instead of April 25th.

Also, on June 26th, there's going to be a release of the Drama CD of Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient, with seiyuus different (except for Ritsuko) from the PC version:
-Itou Ayame: Seto Asami
-Hiyami Misato: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu
-Satomi Ritsuko: *UNCHANGED*
-Homura Chiyomi: Yuki Aoi
With new characters:
-Shidou Seira: Sugita Tomokazu
-Yoshinaka Masami: Eguchi Takuya

terraablaze
May 21st, 2013, 10:19 AM
The website has begun putting up character profiles, only one has been translated.

Ayame Itou
VA: Kimisora Uwaji

“What’s going on? …Where am I?”

This chapter’s heroine.
Ayame is a 15 year old student of Minazuki Academy High School’s class 1-5.
Having lost her memories, she does not know her own name nor the faces of her friends. Whenever she gets scared, she will let out an odd, squeaky scream. She may have had bad experiences with horror films and haunted houses in her past because she responds poorly to scary situations.
So her missing memories are what make her the heroine I guess, because missing memories are never trivial.

terraablaze
May 24th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Don't watch if you want to go into the game fresh I guess but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=wHuqFwGUzCc
yeah, that happened.
More character profiles have been put up and more are translated over at memories of fear.

Dragoon
May 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM
and here's the second footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iROnpgmGwZc

terraablaze
May 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=yV_EoH6EI0w
Footage 3 is basically another entire trailer, song is a bit to loud compared to everything else. Someone pointed out that near the end a CG with what looks like maybe an older Ayumi and either Satoshi or Yoshiki show up at the end. I don't really understand how the Grindhouse/5pb split on the current Corpse Party games work but regardless it seems Makoto wants some say on what happens to his characters after Blood Covered.

Lancelot
May 26th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Don't watch if you want to go into the game fresh I guess but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=wHuqFwGUzCc
yeah, that happened.
More character profiles have been put up and more are translated over at memories of fear.

Heard the annoying kid and thought " I hope she throws the kid down" 5 secs later: "Oh swell :3"
I hope it gets a translation.
Can anyone confirm me if a pc version is coming out?

Kotonoha
May 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
It's only for PC, as far as I know.

Paitouch
May 26th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Can anyone confirm me if a pc version is coming out?

You mean the only version confirmed so far?

bahamut zero
May 26th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Nah, MAC onry. :neco_arc:

terraablaze
May 29th, 2013, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=nckrn-hV2I0
I need subs of this just to see how they changed the story.

ChiakiKakumei
June 24th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Well I saw Chapter 1 of Corpse PArty 2. OMG.

Kotonoha
June 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Is that out? whar get

terraablaze
June 25th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Ask memories of fear. They keep talking about it. Chiakikakumei probably watched one of their streams of them playing it.

ChiakiKakumei
June 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
You can also check YT. I just typed "Corpse Party 2" and found chapter 1. BTW, the chapters are released "The Walking Dead" Lee Arc style.

Kotonoha
June 25th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, that's how the original game was released too.

terraablaze
June 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
The only part about this PV is that I won't be going into Tortured Souls completely fresh, because man seeing this without knowing how intense they made it would be a pleasant surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=7pAkapRAt3Q
But yeah, that basically eradicated any doubts I had about this. My body is ready from my brain to my genitalia.

Break
June 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I wonder if they'll give some more relevance to Sachiko's hair, i always felt like there was supposed to be some sort of secret there but they didnt really delve into it. I mean it gets focus all the time (closets full of her hair, doors sealed with it, people barfing it up, and her scalping Yuka), there ought to be something there.

terraablaze
August 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Uggh, Memories of Fear don't think they'll have the first episode subbed til mid August. Kotonoha, tell us what you think of Corpse Party 2 episode 1. You've played it by now haven't you?

Paitouch
August 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Can't find game rip. Dun wanna buy a hard copy without a special edition because I can't have that mixed feeling of superiority and no-life-ness over regular edition people. Feels bad.

Kotonoha
August 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Uggh, Memories of Fear don't think they'll have the first episode subbed til mid August. Kotonoha, tell us what you think of Corpse Party 2 episode 1. You've played it by now haven't you?
Can't find download :(

terraablaze
October 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Site updated, like the new visual: http://corpse.jp/bd/

Two months after the tragic events of Book of Shadows, Ayumi had paid the price for her use of black magic and been afflicted with a serious illness. However, she managed to somehow survive with the help of Naomi. The grim grimoire, known as the Book of Shadows, now has laid waste to the Shinozaki estate and both the estate and tome vanished, leaving only a plot of land where it once stood.
Before she was hospitalized, one woman had appeared before Ayumi. This woman was Ayumi’s older sister, Hinoe, who belongs to the W.I., the Wiccan Institute, an organization that worshiped spirits. There she listened to Hinoe’s words…
"Regain the dark tome known as the Book of Shadows. For generations, the Shinozaki family protected that forbidden book and made it taboo to take it off the premises. In the wrong hands, this book will sink the world into the abyss and throw us all into the brink of chaos."
Ayumi’s trail now leads into the once residence of Makina Shinozaki. She decided that it would be best to trust Hinoe’s natural ability to sense calamity.

After being discharged from the hospital, Ayumi returned to Kisaragi Academy where Satoshi and friends gave her a warm welcome. However, the absence of Mayu and Ms. Yui were a constant reminder of their inevitable reality. Now a male teacher’s assistant supervises her homeroom. Then later, on her way home, a man approached Ayumi and told her, “If you reclaim the Book of Shadows and use it at Heavenly Host, those who have died there will be revived.” The suspicious man’s last words especially stuck in Ayumi’s mind, “Those who have died there will be revived.” Hinoe’s and this strange man’s words made Ayumi pledge that she will once more take back the Book of Shadows.

The following day, Ayumi went to visit the estate where Makina Shinozaki resided. However, it was run-down and looked to have been closed for a long time; “NO TRESPASSING” tape was strewn up everywhere, blocking entry.
She stared intently at the estate with fierce determination.
…She couldn’t afford to let Satoshi and the others be involved this time.
For Ayumi, it was the responsibility of Shinozaki’s bloodline. The lone struggle and legacy of her lineage.

So hopefully that means the subplot of Naomi's and Seiko will be put on the back burner because I am ready to be done with that. The bit where Ayumi seems willing to try and resurrect the dead again seems a bit sketchy as does the book just magically teleporting to somewhere else. Why yes 5bp, perhaps you should have considered the implications of handing one of the characters a super powerful magical tome. Perhaps a few pages that had been torn out or copied down would have worked better. Willing to see how it pans out though, at least in part because it focuses on my fave character.

terraablaze
March 19th, 2014, 03:16 PM
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/37749144.html

Corpse Party: BloodDrive will be released on July 24th, 2014.
The Standard Edition will cost 6,800 Yen ($67 USD), the Limited Edition version will cost 8,800 Yen ($87 USD), and the Digital Download version will cost 6,000 Yen ($59 USD).
Characters introduced thus far in the article:
- Ayumi Shinozaki (VA: Asami Imai).
- Naomi Nakashima (VA: Rina Satō).
- Magali Mizuki (VA: Maaya Uchida). (Blonde in lolita outfit.)
- Kuon Niwa (VA: Saori Hayami). (Girl with white hair.)
- Misuto Kiritani (VA: Jun Ōsuka). (Boy with black hoodie.)
(Note: The reading of Kuon’s (丹羽玖音) and Misuto’s (桐谷御簾徒) names may be incorrect because there are no furigana listed.)
Makoto Kedouin, the creator of the Corpse Party series, is in charge of the writing.
The game’s current development is at 70%.

Oh cool, new characters. Mayhaps not all of them will die in favor of the the original cast being the only survivors.

terraablaze
April 28th, 2014, 10:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=zXbnpiiC9WY

Magali Mazuki, and the green-haired dude have something going on!?
Satoshi, Naho, and Yuuya somehow meet
The trailer was released but is exclusive to the Kisaragi Festival as of now
Seiko is definitely back and manages to speak with Naomi
Tomohisa and Satsuki know each other
A demo exists, but I’m not sure on how to get it
Corpse Party live-action is in the works!? (along with Ao Oni)
A DVD for the festival is being sold on the Corpse Party website (what I was told, but I’m still trying to figure out how)
Magali and Kuon?

Not again. Hopefully it isn't over a fourth of the game like it was in the OVA series.

- - - Updated - - -

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3002076155

Forgot to post this. No idea what it says if anything.

ChiakiKakumei
July 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Corpse PArty Blood Drive is out

ChiakiKakumei
July 28th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Man. They went all out on the meaning of WRONG END.

In Blood Covered, it was like reds out and then goes WRONG END with a I don't know it it's a White or a Red handprint

In Book of Shadows, it was black out if you get the wrong end and it says WRONG END with a picture of Heavenly Host. It scared me a bit but it does not compare to BC and Blood Drive

Blood Drive SHOWS you the meaning of WRONG END. No Red out or Black out. Just the screen turns swirly and the words WRONG END COVERED IN FUCKING BLOOD UNEXPECTEDLY. Then a Bloody Handprint appears. They went all out with that and pulled no punches. This feels like you REALLY fucked up and it shows it.

ChiakiKakumei
July 29th, 2014, 10:05 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/dannyboy93pl

Here's a record if you want to spoil yourself.

Thank Danny for showing Corpse Party Blood Drive as YT is mostly blocking out people who are playing the game.

Paitouch
July 30th, 2014, 03:00 AM
That ending was terrible. Seiko's still dead; I don't care if everyone can remember her now.