PDA

View Full Version : Weird Folders

Apple
November 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I was installing my mouse driver today and discovered two unsettling folders in the top area of the folders from which I could choose to place the driver files.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/Vernancular/wtfarethefirsttwofolders-2.png

Basically, I have no idea what the ???? folder or the gibberish folder (the two at the top) are. Does anyone know? I can't find them when I look for them in program files. Are they spyware folders?

CrimsonMoonMist
November 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Tried enabling hidden folders?

Kotonoha
November 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
This image or video has been moved or deleted.

mewarmo990
November 30th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Looks like you installed something in another language at some point.

Apple
November 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM
@Koto I see it just fine though o_0

Yes, I have Grief Syndrome and a Japanese version of MapleStory installed. However I'm not sure where the mouse installation driver is looking up spare folders from, so I don't know if it's program files or program filex (x86) I should be looking in (or both).

How do I enable hidden folders?

Kotonoha
November 30th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Maybe just go into both and see if you have any programs with names in Japanese or other non-latin-alphabet languages?

Apple
November 30th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I did. No such luck.

I checked 'show hidden folders' as well. No folders with foreign names appeared.

mewarmo990
November 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM
It's possible that the installer itself couldn't display the foreign characters because it's non-unicode, or something.

Apple
November 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM
But then that would raise the issue of why there are folders with foreign names in my C drive where I can't find them, yet the installer can.

Milbunk
November 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe you can try searching for a folder that does not appear in the installer but that you do have in your files.

Apple
November 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM
None of my folders are named anywhere near to what the first two folder hits display...

nununu
November 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Did you switch system locales when you installed those? Try changing back before uninstalling.

Also, you play Dragon Nest? Just curious.

Apple
November 30th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Before uninstalling... what, exactly?

I used to play DN, got too lazy to train and couldn't be bothered to get rid of it. So the client's just sitting in my internal HDD gathering dust.

nununu
November 30th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Ah sorry; I assumed you wanted to uninstall those >.<

It's what I did when I had to install and run PM4 and some courrege A's games on my box. :3