PDA

View Full Version : Dragon&Phoenix (IC)



deviatesfish
December 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
This is a Co-OP Quest RP. As players, you will choose between which character to use every turn. In a sense, this is a fall back to the older RP models, so there will be things like items, stats, spells, and such for everything and everyone. Remember not to only play one character because you may need both in future endeavors.

OOC THREAD (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1406-Dragon-Phoenix-(OOC))

-This is a Quest RP.
-Everything and everyone has stats. After boss fights, boss stats may be posted. The characters will have their stats updated constantly.
-In this game, there are many paths to power. You may gain additional perks or traits throughout the game with or without leveling up.
-Players choose every turn which character of the two to play. That character will gain or lose whatever happens that turn while the other is on automatic depending on the actions of the players thus far.
-If players keep choosing to play a single character, the other may become really weak comparative to the later fights. This may cause character death.
-Remember this is Nasu-verse.

Now, without further ado…

The Dragon and the Phoenix

You were young and foolish. You thought the road to power was straight forward and simple. You expected all obstacles to crumble at your feet as you climbed your way to the heavens.

You were wrong.

At first, your Master asked you to leave the temples to assist him. He promised power… the kind that comes with learning the secrets of an ancient art. He promised you would bear witness to the full glory of a transcendent being. He promised so much.

He lied.

As your companion and you suffer in this pit of hell, in the deepest recesses of his dungeon, you came to a realization that the world is not as it seems. The tales of honor and glory are just facades for which lies and deceit hide behind. Fame, fortune, and love? Even if they existed, they would not exist for you.

Here, you are chained and bound to the walls, with innumerable other prisoners—no, prisoners is too good a word for you. You are all just sacrifices; you are all just stepping stones for the Master. When your life has been snuffed out, either by your own exhaustion or by the Master’s many mechanisms, you are tossed aside as trash. Your worth is only as much as he says you are worth…

…How long as it been?

Time seems to stand still here. Yet only suffering is eternal. You wonder how long have you been stuck in this filth filled dungeon. The rats that scurry about keep you from ever sleeping; if you lose consciousness for even a moment, they will pounce upon you and nibble at you until you are slowly bleed to death. There are many here who are already dead. Yet the Master doesn’t bother throwing the half-rotting, maggot-filled bodies out. He only throws more and more living bodies into these cells each day.

Perhaps you are lucky you are in a small cell that you share only with your friend. In other cells for prisoners not considered as dangerous as you, people eat each other alive, forced into this by hunger. Some fall to other forms of depravity, knowing that these moments are their last. All forms of the worst of humanity are displayed here, making monsters of men. The only thing that separates you and this rabble of desperation is this thin wall of metal bars.

…Suffering. Suffering, suffering, suffering. You want to die, but within, you feel as if you are already dead. You no longer think that living is suffering; you could barely think at all. All that you want is the sweet release of death, but even then you doubt that you would escape the Master.

Your teeth chatter. You are not alone. Some time must have passed, because the dungeon feels colder now. Perhaps it is because the dungeon is wetter or perhaps it is because you are weaker now. It could also be that winter is coming. You don’t know. As you turn your head as much as your chains allowed, just enough for you to strain to see your friend from the corner of your eyes, you saw the same despair you bare in your friend’s eyes.

It has been… what? Days? Months? …years? Since you have last spoken with each other. Every time you uttered a sound, it was either a cry for help or a cry of pain. There was simply no energy for anything else. But… it has been so long since either of you have spoken at all.

You opened your mouth slowly, trying to make a sound. At first, your throat was too dry. That tickle at the back of your throat that you thought was making a sound turned into a hacking cough as sticky mucus and black blood spilled out of your lips. Again, you tried and again you failed.

Your friend’s eyes are pleading to you, begging you to stop, but…

Thump…

The dungeon shook. Your chains rattled. The other prisoners whimpered and cried loudly, hoping for salvation in death.

Thump, thump, thump…

Dust fell from the roof and the ground seemed to split. The dungeon shook violently as if the earth was going to eat it whole. There was no stopping this onslaught of tremors, but to you… the world seemed to crumble right then. Perhaps sweet, sweet silence will come at last.

But you are not so lucky.

The next few moments were a blur, but… something happened. The dungeon collapsed around you, like a shattered illusion. Everything seemed to… fade.

As you open your eyes, you see that your friend and you are the only ones left alive. Everyone else was crushed, leaving a pool of blood that rose up to your ankles. The shackles are loose, and neither of you are chained to the walls any longer.

Could this mean… freedom? Or is this yet another test?

You friend speaks for the first time in months, “We must flee.”

[ ] Go back and die.
[ ] Agree and run wildly.
[ ] Tell her to lead.
[ ] Other (Write-in?)

Play as Character One or Character Two?

Erlkonig
December 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Character One first, please

[X] Agree and run while holding her hand so you don't get separated

zlol365
December 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Character two
[X] Ask her to lead

Tobias
December 8th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Character one

These people....I had known these people. we had suffered together, screamed together even, been bound by ties of torment. Of course, I had no illusions, they would have gladly traded my life for a day without torment, never mind their freedom, but even so...did we have more right to live then they? and could I be so cruel as to leave without at least.....

"shouldn't we at least look around? there may still be someone alive under the rubble"

[X] other-Ask to search for someone we missed

mangafreak7793
December 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Character one

These people....I had known these people. we had suffered together, screamed together even, been bound by ties of torment. Of course, I had no illusions, they would have gladly traded my life for a day without torment, never mind their freedom, but even so...did we have more right to live then they? and could I be so cruel as to leave without at least.....

"shouldn't we at least look around? there may still be someone alive under the rubble"

[X] other-Ask to search for someone we missed

I choose this choice might as well check even if it seems hopeless.

deviatesfish
December 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM
[X] Other: Ask to search for someone we missed
[X] Character One

Your throat is raw and it hurts for you to even breathe. But even as weak as you are, you hold your friend by the wrist and shake your head. You struggled for a moment and spoke, “…we should look for survivors.”

The look in her eyes told you that she didn’t want to. She wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. Her eyes darted from you to the hole filled with white light, your only path out of this dark abysmal hellhole. As her eyes turned back to you, you could hear her teeth chattering and you could see her knees shaking. She wanted to leave and she didn’t care about anyone else. But why didn’t she run? Was it… because you didn’t leave with her?

After a moment, she nodded reluctantly. She bowed her head and whimpered, “Alright…”

Together, you shifted through the mess of mangled bodies. Everyone else had been crushed by the falling boulders. Blood, guts, and a mix of feces and other filth that had filled and piled up in this chamber for decades covered everything in a murky, red-tinted gunk. As you shift through the many piles of corpses, you found a few body parts…

…and a ring of keys. There was nothing that labeled the keys, but there were a dozen of them. They seemed similar, as if they were for other dungeons like this one too. Before you could study these keys any further, your friend tugged on the hem of your rags.

“W-we have to leave,” she cried, just as the earth began to shake again. The thunderous shaking this time almost knocked you off your feet. Luckily there were walls behind you, which you leaned on. Your friend was not so lucky and fell into your chest and knocked the air out of your lungs.

As the shaking subsided momentarily, she was no longer hesitant. With clearly evident in her eyes, she grabbed you and pulled you out of the dungeon through the hole that was made on the side of the walls. As you left the bounded field of the dungeon, you realized that you had entered an underground cavern, outside of the dungeons.

Many meters above you, there was a hole, which leaked light into the cavern. But it did not allow you to see the path ahead of you. Your eyes have adjusted well enough to the darkness, but you cannot see too far ahead either way.

As your friend pulled you ahead, you could hear a sound of water running ahead. But there were also growls of something… devious.

[ ] Character One
[ ] Character Two

[ ] Run Headlong Ahead
[ ] Sneak Close
[ ] Go Back
[ ] Look For Other Routes
[ ] Write In: Something Else?

Inventory Updated.

Erlkonig
December 9th, 2011, 09:14 AM
This was something worrying. If there was something ahead, she was unarmed. She couldn't bear the thought of falling prey to something that existed so close to freedom. She looked at her friend. He was carrying a femur, something he could use as a weapon. She needed a weapon. Looking at him, she realized he had a spare bone on hand, and her eyes brightened. "C-Could you give me one of those?" She said, pointing to the bones.

Then, she heard the growls again. She hesitated. Was that route the best one? Perhaps there was another way out of the dungeon...

But they couldn't go back. No, anything but going back. The sheer thought of going back to those rotting, disfigured corpses, for the image of their tortured past at the hands of that wicked Magus... She shivered. However, her mind calmed down. If there was running water on that route, then that possibly meant freedom was near.

And if there were any other routes... It didn't matter. The sound of running water was too great a temptation, to clean herself of all this filth surrounding her, it would be like heaven.

But the road ahead was dark and eerie, and whatever was there could catch you by surprise. It would be better to tread carefully.

Her grip on her friend tightened with every growl. They would need to stay close if they wanted to be able to leave.

Character Two
[X] Ask for your friend's spare femur
[X] Sneak cautiously through the path
[X] Stay close together

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM
*starts debating on a write in*

*sees this*


The sound of running water was too great a temptation, to clean herself of all this filth surrounding her, it would be like heaven.


*man enough to know a better and more IC reaction then anything he was going to be able to produce*


^^what he said.

deviatesfish
December 9th, 2011, 10:51 AM
This was something worrying. If there was something ahead, she was unarmed. She couldn't bear the thought of falling prey to something that existed so close to freedom. She looked at her friend. He was carrying a femur, something he could use as a weapon. She needed a weapon. Looking at him, she realized he had a spare bone on hand, and her eyes brightened. "C-Could you give me one of those?" She said, pointing to the bones.

Then, she heard the growls again. She hesitated. Was that route the best one? Perhaps there was another way out of the dungeon...

But they couldn't go back. No, anything but going back. The sheer thought of going back to those rotting, disfigured corpses, for the image of their tortured past at the hands of that wicked Magus... She shivered. However, her mind calmed down. If there was running water on that route, then that possibly meant freedom was near.

And if there were any other routes... It didn't matter. The sound of running water was too great a temptation, to clean herself of all this filth surrounding her, it would be like heaven.

But the road ahead was dark and eerie, and whatever was there could catch you by surprise. It would be better to tread carefully.

Her grip on her friend tightened with every growl. They would need to stay close if they wanted to be able to leave.

Character Two
[X] Ask for your friend's spare femur
[X] Sneak cautiously through the path
[X] Stay close together

She couldn’t even bring herself to shudder as she wrapped her hands around the slick handle of the femur. It is still wet with blood and there are pieces of tendons and other kinds of flesh all over it. But the filth that covered her hands is more than enough to provide her with a solid grip of the bone. Human femurs are perhaps one of the hardest parts of this weak species.

She tightened her grip in fear, but nodded after a moment. With determined, fiery eyes, she turned towards her friend and whispered, “Stay close to me and let’s try to sneak through this.”

He nodded, having little other choice in this matter.

The underground tunnel was tight at first, but it was one of many that led to a greater chamber. There were several tunnels that she could see by now. Her eyes have adjusted enough for that much at least. There was an underground stream, running through one of the tunnels, which pooled at the other side of this chamber opposite of them. It seemed to then stream away into a different tunnel from what she could hear, but she couldn’t see it very well.

Through the veil of darkness and the many stalagmites and boulders that littered this cavern, she saw dark shapes moving around. She saw at least two or three of them, moving about slowly. They made growling sounds like a lion and grunting sounds like a pig. They were each at least two heads taller than a normal man, or at least three or more heads taller than her.

They seemed to have fat, bumpy skin. In the darkness, she thought they had gray skin, but it was hard to tell. They were eating something that smelled so horrible that it even made her feel sick, even after the indefinite amount of torture she had. The smell… it smelled like the weapon in her hands…

As she moved closer, she noticed a soft crackling and a dim light. There was a small camp fire lit on the right side of the cavern, though most of it was out of her sight due to large obstacles.

There are many stalactites hanging above this chamber, as well as some strange, winged critters. But she couldn’t tell what they were, because they were just more dim shapes to her from here.

As they drew closer, one of the dark shapes fell into the water. It squealed, panicking, as if it had accidentally slipped in, instead of on purpose. One of the other dark shapes rumbled at the side of the water, chortling in its own monstrous way.

[ ] Character One
[ ] Character Two

[ ] Charge And Attack
[ ] Try Talking
[ ] Sneak Close To Kill
[ ] Sneak Around
[ ] Go Back
[ ] Write In: Something Else?

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/thisistootroublesome/IMG_0226.jpg?t=1323442129

Legend
Wavy Lines = Water
Straight Lines = Obstacles

Tobias
December 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I felt a scream rise up in my throat and put my hands over my mouth, it made tears well up in my eyes, it was kind of a new feeling, trying not to scream.

I had become used to just letting it out, behind me, I could feel my friend tense up, frantically I tried to signal him to be quiet. Those monsters were just to big! the greasy weight in my hand was kind of comforting, but at the same time.....were those things eating people?

I want to get away.....it had been forever since I walked under my own power.

want to get away.....my body is shaking, but I just couldn't go back. Not...that way, not back...! My heart beat furiously at the thought of taking even one step back towards that horrible place, the combined feeling of misery and the sickening smell made me want to vomit. I pressed my friend down and hukered towards the ground. The pig things by the fire wouldnt be able to see anything through the dark, and I could make out an exit on the left side of the room, my friend and I were light, we could move slowly, maybe we could sneak by. I decided to see if I could find a safe path between the stalagmites and reach the exit.

After looking for an area that looked safe, I grabbed his hand and started off

[X] character 2
[X] Plot out a quiet course
[X] sneak out away from the fire

mangafreak7793
December 9th, 2011, 04:50 PM
^ What he said.

Erlkonig
December 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
^^

deviatesfish
December 10th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I felt a scream rise up in my throat and put my hands over my mouth, it made tears well up in my eyes, it was kind of a new feeling, trying not to scream.

I had become used to just letting it out, behind me, I could feel my friend tense up, frantically I tried to signal him to be quiet. Those monsters were just too big! The greasy weight in my hand was kind of comforting, but at the same time... were those things eating people?

I want to get away.....it had been forever since I walked under my own power.

I want to get away.....my body is shaking, but I just couldn't go back. Not... that way, not back...! My heart beat furiously at the thought of taking even one step back towards that horrible place, the combined feeling of misery and the sickening smell made me want to vomit. I pressed my friend down and hunkered towards the ground. The pig things by the fire wouldn’t be able to see anything through the dark, and I could make out an exit on the left side of the room, my friend and I were light, we could move slowly, maybe we could sneak by. I decided to see if I could find a safe path between the stalagmites and reach the exit.

After looking for an area that looked safe, I grabbed his hand and started off.

[X] character 2
[X] Plot out a quiet course
[X] sneak out away from the fire

Perhaps it was the stench of your filth covered bodies, or perhaps to was because of the sound of the pebbles grinding against each other beneath your feet, but one of the beasts turned your way. Its beady red eyes seemed to glow in the darkness.

It hasn’t seen you yet… but it lumbers over slowly. It must weigh a ton or more in fat and muscle, because its stomping was enough to shake the ground you were on.

As you tried to sneak around or away, its pace picked up. It knew something was there. It knew, or thought it knew, from the smell of the bones in your hands that its prey was injured. As it ran towards you and waddled through the pool of water, you moved farther away from the fire.

You are on the opposite side of the chamber now, but it would do you little good soon. The other monsters also picked up on the first beast’s actions. They growled amongst each other hungrily.

As you pulled your friend to the darker parts of the chamber, all the while trying to be as quiet as possible and avoid the monsters, you almost tripped over something on the ground. On closer inspection, it was a skeleton. Its bones were gnawed and broken. There was still a lingering scent of filth and blood on it. But it also had a rusted chainmail shirt on it. You also see a pair of large leather boots, a rusted war-axe, and a wooden shield that was framed with iron. The skeleton also had a strange, leather bound book and a mud-crusted amulet.

The beasts have almost crossed the threshold of the water now, and were just about 15 meters away.

[ ] Character One
[ ] Character Two

Items Gained:
1x Leather Boots (Male)
1x Rusty Chainmail Shirt (Male)
1x Rusty Axe
1x Wooden Shield
1x Mud-Covered Amulet
1x Leather Journal

[ ] Put on the Equipment and Fight
[ ] Take the Loot and Run
[ ] Abandon Everything and Run
[ ] Use Human Body Parts to Set a Trap
[ ] Other: Write-in?

mangafreak7793
December 10th, 2011, 02:14 AM
[X] Put on the Equipment and Fight
[X] Use Human Body Parts to Set a Trap

Blackdeath6031
December 10th, 2011, 02:43 AM
[x] Character One

These things we found are a boon to us, and could help alot.

But..
Kuh...

With the beast charging toward us, we probably don't even have the time to put on the mail.

The amulet might possess some properties, but we won't even have a clue when it's this muddy.
To find out, we'd have to wash it by some water source.

But either way, we'd be intercepted by the beast.
Why?
It's too dark to see with human eyes - though beasts living in such a place would probably be much more used to the darkness than we are. But the most obvious of all potential reasons would be because they smelt, or heard something from our direction.
And I'd place all bets that that's because of the various organs and remains we have on hand.

Fighting (prepared or otherwise), trapping the monsters or fleeing.
What would be the best course of action?
Regardless, it is no doubt we require more time.
...And we probably have the means to it.
Skulls, I figure, would make some racket when hitting the rock.
And the hearts and brains are probably the cause to the stench.

...Honestly, I'd hate to disrespect the dead like this.
But perhaps it's more important to preserve those who are still alive, even if that means...
...Oh, better stop thinking about morality for now. The beast is steadily approaching.

I hold the amulet and book to my companion, silently gesturing her to keep them - or wear them as is the case for the amulet. Then, I retrieve a skull and a brain and, looking for the best possible direction to throw it with my compromised view range, I throw both out, hoping to distract the beasts for some time.

Hoping that it works, but not wanting to waste time checking, I equip the armor.
After all, one must ensure protection at all times.

Without further ado, hoping that it would buy more time, I throw out another brain out to distract them a bit more, then I attempt to flee, dragging my companion with me.
The situation here would be too tough to combat them, since they have the advantage. The weight of our items would surely be a problem, but we could probably find a part of the caverns that provides at least some advantage. Perhaps a choke point?

Anyway, staying here would be bad.

[x] Take loot
[x] Buy time using some remains on hand
[x] Equip armor
[x] Buy more time with the same method, then run to escape, or at least reach a more advantageous location

Erlkonig
December 10th, 2011, 07:59 AM
[x] Character One

As they retreated quietly from the beast, he knew that it was useless. The movements of the beast as it closed in on them were those of something that knew it had them on sight. He looked at his companion's nervous face, and his face was marred with a frown. As he heard the distant steps of the Beasts, his mind was resolved.

After having been set free from that dungeon, unlike his friend, there not only lain a desire to escape, no, there was also an unsurmountable rage. Towards that Magus, towards their so called 'Master'. These creatures, they were probably made by him, to prevent an escape. That made him shiver with cold ire. How dare he, that man, think that he could eliminate us... He grit his teeth, finding renewed strength in his hatred.

He stepped forward, ripping the equipment out of the skeleton and dropping the bones attached to it. As he put the boots on, he examined the amulet and leather-bound book. Looking at the sight of the skeleton, he probably couldn't deal with these beasts alone. He looked at his friend. "Please, help me." As the leather boots were fastened, the chainmail began to come on. "I need you to take the book and the amulet. Hopefully, that book was something the Master dropped, and it's some sort of mini-grimoire. If it isn't, try to use the skeleton's bones to throw as a distraction. It seems these beasts love blood and filth, so those bones should serve much better than stones. Or who knows, it might even contain some information on that amulet, one never knows."

His now sharp eyes blinked as he grabbed the Axe and Wooden Shield. Doing a few test steps with them to see if they fit well, he nodded, lips set in a thin line. "It's time to destroy all that you made, Master." Turning to face the coming Beasts, he looked at his friend. "Get ready, take a quick look through the book, and stay behind me. Make sure to grab some bones, just in case. Or here-" He took out some of the organs he had in hand. "Use these, but save some as an emergency."

[X] Put on the Equipment and Fight
[X] Use bones, 2 hearts, and 1 brain as distractions
[X] Give Amulet and Leather-bound book to friend

Tobias
December 10th, 2011, 09:25 AM
only because I like the battle rage idea....

[X] Put on the Equipment and Fight
[X] Use bones, 2 hearts, and 1 brain as distractions
[X] Give Amulet and Leather-bound book to friend
[X] Fight near the fire or near the stalagmites where water pools form

deviatesfish
December 10th, 2011, 01:18 PM
[X] Character One

[X] Put on the Equipment and Fight
[X] Use bones, 2 hearts, and 1 brain as distractions
[X] Give Amulet and Leather-bound book to friend
[X] Fight near the fire or near the stalagmites where water pools form

You throw the chainmail on yourself as quickly as you can and grab the weapons to arm yourself readily. The weights of these items tug on your atrophied arms, but you are able to move nevertheless. You feel slower and weaker under this weight, but it is mostly the grim that built up on the chainmail that weighed it down. The war-axe was small enough that even you could wield it single handedly, while the shield seemed rather heavy. But this shield balanced itself well on your arm, and it covered you in a circular area evenly.

You give your friend several body parts, whispering hurriedly, “I’ll attack them, use these to distract them…!”

It must have been the adrenaline that pumped inside you, because otherwise you would have simply fell right where you stood and have been monster bait. But instead, you rushed hurriedly towards the edge of the pool…

…Wait, where is your friend?

You turned back to look for her. Your pulse quicken even more as your mind races. No! Where did she go? There were no sounds of carnage and no screams of death. She couldn’t be dead… so what happened?

Just then, you see a slick ball of… something… fly from where you were hiding. It missed the ceiling and arced around right into the water. Instead of hitting anything, however, it landed smack on top of the beast that was still in the water. The sound of the human heart splattering on the ugly thing’s head was sickening, though you have long since endured passed that point where you would vomit.

Strangely enough, the human heart did not fall off the beast’s head, as if the filth and mud on the creature’s body kept it still. The creature, however, reacted wildly, letting off a wild screech of surprise. It clawed at the top of its head loudly. Upon realizing that some kind of succulent feast had just landed on top of it, it squealed noisily.

However, this attracted the attention of the beast that was furthest along the other side of the chamber. It roared out a challenge and jumped on the creature in the water, clubbing it on the shoulders and biting its blood covered head.

But those were just two of them…

Another crawled out from a part of the cavern that you had not seen earlier. It had been obscured by the stalagmites and boulders. It turned towards where your friend was hiding and raised its nose into the air, sniffing noisily. The other beast that was free with it also sniffed in her direction.

You wanted to jump in now, but it would be suicide…

…But isn’t that what she was doing for you? She was distracting them for you, hoping that you would run away. Didn’t she care about herself?

…No, you know the answer to that already. She cared for you more than herself. Why else would she have stayed behind for you?

But this is no time for reflection!

Thankfully, you had given her a second heart. This time, she threw it at the ceiling, piercing the thick blackness that was a herd of bats. The heart plopped down a moment later between the two beasts, but both were more occupied with the swarm of bats that awakened and decided they were the reason for this disturbance and needed to be punished.

The closest beast roared defiantly, so loudly that the closest bats dove away just to get away from it. The other just used its gigantic stone club to splatter several bats on the ground. There was a layer of mud-like substance on their skin too. It was too artificial to have just built up on their bodies… it looked like it was smeared on. It was a thick crust, which prevented most of the bats from hurting them at all.

The furthest beast ignored the bats after killing a few of them, and picked up the human heart right there and gulped it down without chewing at all. It seemed content to just stand there and wave its club at the flying critters, but the closest and largest beast was not happy. It seemed to have realized where these hearts were coming from… or it must have smelled the stench on your friend.

Without another moment’s wait, it smashed its stone club against the cavern floor, causing the entire place to tremble. After half a dozen strikes at the ground, it roared and charged at your friend…

--No! You will stop it!

You stood from your hiding spot next to the pool of water and banged the axe against the iron center of the shield, causing a resounding gong that immediately caused the beast to turn towards you in surprise.

This immediate turn caused it to slip, but not fall. As soon as its balance was lost, it used one of its arms to right itself and charged at you instead.

Unlike its earlier charge, this time it skidded to a halt before its momentum would cause it to fall into the pool. Instead it raised its club high above its head. This movement was slow enough that you could see how it would swing—it would try to crush your head with a single smash of its club. You rolled away behind a pile of stalagmites before its club even began its descent and tried for a swipe at it with the axe.

The club came down where you were and made several dozen spider-web-like cracks on the floor, as well as a huge dent in the stone. But this slow attack allowed you to duck in for a strike—one that hit it too low because of your height difference. You were able to cut at it just above its knees, causing a grey-purple liquid to drip out of the cut. It was too shallow to have immobilized the beast… but the beast roared in agony.

This time, it charged blindly at you. It was relentless and much faster than you anticipated, causing you to fumble backwards in an attempt to dodge away.

You were misfortunate enough to back right into the place where it had smashed its club the first time. Your heel caught right in the hole in the ground, causing you to trip and fall backwards…

…which actually might have saved your life! The beast jumped at you, but it was too fast. Its momentum caused it to jump just as you fell, causing it to only scrape against your axe and shield mid-flight as it flew head-long into the cavern walls.

A resounding crack filled the cavern. It was the sound of bone crunching against stone. You looked up just in time to see the body of the creature fall from the walls. Its head had cracked and its neck broke against the stone walls, but gravity did something unfortunate. It fell on top of you, with its legs falling on your chest and shoulders.

It was extremely disgusting to have a face full of beast-groin, but you pushed it away with your shield as soon as you could. Your entire front was covered in something that felt like sticky-mud, but smelled worst than shit.

Just then, you heard your friend cry out. She had just ducked under a slow swipe of one of the creature’s club, which halved the height of all the stalagmites around it. She looks like she is in trouble.

You also noticed in the corner of your eyes, that one of the creatures in the pool is started to crawl out, while the other’s body seemed to float towards one of the streams that the water would flow out from. It looks like it was killed in a struggle.

[ ] Character 1
[ ] Character 2

[ ] Run Away!
[ ] Charge at the one attacking your friend!
[ ] Try to pull your friend away/Run to your friend!
[ ] Shield your friend/hide behind your friend!
[ ] Other: Write-In!

Neir
December 10th, 2011, 01:40 PM
[x] Character 1
[x] Charge at the one attacking your friend!
[x] Other: Attack with Axe

mangafreak7793
December 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM
[X] Character 1
[X] Charge at the one attacking your friend!
[X] Other: Buy time for friend to escape!

deviatesfish
December 11th, 2011, 01:32 AM
[X] Character 1
[X] Charge at the one attacking your friend!

You felt something in you burn as the beast grabbed your friend’s head, tugging her into the air with one hand. She whimpered quietly, clawing and kicking weakly. None of her efforts were anything more than a nuisance to this monster however, because it grinned and began drooling. The sound of its thorny tongue sliding out of its lips disgusted you, as did the monster’s other growing appendages.

“GRAHH!!” You charged at the beast, swinging your axe above your head at it with all your strength. You saw red, and swung wildly.

The beast was distracted by your friend, which gave you the opportunity to get in two swings before it even turned your way. The first strike missed the beast, only cutting the skin of its elbow. You saw a bit of marrow and whiteness… something like bone, but it was only a millimeter in. Your second blow was no better either, because it only cut into the beast’s shoulder, causing another shallow cut. This one was deeper than the other, causing the beast to roar in pain.

It immediately dropped your friend and turned to you, reaching towards you with both hands. There was murder in its red, blood-shot eyes. Its throat rumbled in rage as it lumbered to you slowly.

You tried to brush aside its arms with your shield. This worked only for a second before it grabbed the shield and tugged it out of your hand. You took this moment to make an overhead swing at its face—

—But your reach was too short and it was too tall. Instead, your axe cut into its throat, one of the only soft areas of its body, and became lodged in. As it tumbled back in agony, taking your shield and axe with it, the last of the beasts stomped towards you with its club held high…!

[ ] Character 1
[ ] Character 2

[ ] Duck!
[ ] Attack!
[ ] Cry?
[ ] Die?
[ ] Other: Write-in!

Blackdeath6031
December 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM
[x] Character 2


No.
He's going to die.
No.
We're going to die.

But at least we shall never be apart....

NO!!

I snap myself out of my daze, trying to think.

The *ba-dump* beast that *ba-dump* held me down and was about to *ba-dump* is disabled for *ba-dump* now.
The other one is right *ba-dump* before me, about to *ba-dump* swing his...

It's no good. My agitated heartbeat's drowning out my thoughts too much to think soundly....!

Without thinking - rather thinking only of living, I hook both my arms under my friend's armpits, grabbing his shoulders.
Turning 90 degrees so that my side faced the attacking beast, I take a deep breath and clench my teeth.
Then just as the club reached the apex of the rise, I pull my friend, the weight forcing us into a backwards roll.
The inertia pushed my friend out of my arms, but as the ground is shattered, I pull myself to my feet.

The pain of my sore feet, the feeling that my shins are about to snap in half...
Ignoring those thoughts that pierce through my drumming heart, I jump onto the fallen club and dash up with everything I have, leaping in the last minute as I thrust the femur out hoping that it can, in the best case jam itself into an eye socket or it's throat.
Or in the worst case, allow me to distract it long enough for him to escape...

[x] Dodge attack
[x] Counter attack

zlol365
December 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
[x] Character one
[x] Other: Dodge ATTACK!

"Tch? Is this the way to go out now? No, goddam it, I cannot die here!"

That was the only thing i could think of as i see the orc come for me. I wanted to save that girl.... I wanted to. even though I could not admit it, I liked her. In her, I found a fellow kindred spirit of sorts, someone that I could relate to more than the others....

Her gentleness and kindness.

That was all that mattered.

I suppose, my feelings led me to rush in to the brute and strike at him. However, now he's going to kill me. Should I even let that ugly beast kill me? No. What would happen to her if I die? Or at least, even if i wanna die... I'll kill that brute. WITH MY OWN STRENGTH! That way, she still had a chance to live.

With a roar, I jumped out of the way.....

and rushed in. Screw my life, I've got a girl to protect. Some ugly orc will not get in my way.

I quickly grab onto the axe that i see still lodged in the orc's throat, and whip it for another hack!

I pray silently, that if the gods have any mercy... to spare me!

"GODDAM BITCH, YOU'RE NOT TOUCHING MAH GIRL"

Erlkonig
December 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM
[X] Character 2

So caught up was she on him having dealt a killing blow to the horrible giant, she had forgotten about the existence of another one of those monsters. She heard the terrifying step of the last giant, as it neared him, club raised high, trying to end the life of the one who had paid her company for all those years. Indeed, by having each other they had maintained their sanity, but that had given them a dependance on each other, which meant they were now like family.

Thinking desperately for a solution, her eyes opened wide. Reaching into her belongings, she found something which could be used. It felt squishy and dirty, but she realized it was the only thing she had at hand. If she tried to pull him away from the attack, she probably would not have enough strength to get him into safety. However, this would be a timely interruption.

With haste, she grabbed the human brain, and threw it at the Beast's face...!

[X] Throw a human brain at its face!
[X] Run Away with friend

deviatesfish
December 11th, 2011, 09:44 AM
[ ] Character 2
[ ] Dodge and Attack!

As the beast stumbled back, with your friend’s axe lodged in its throat, it made a queer gurgle before gripping the handle of the axe. Angrily, it wrenched the weapon out, but due to its clumsiness, it tore out its own throat along with the blade of the axe. It tumbled for another step before falling backwards and impaling itself on a row of stalagmites.

Your head hurts… the beast had gripped it hard, pulling your hair and attempting to crush your skull. Your body felt weak, having wrestled against something with inhuman strength. You stumbled to your feet as you watched your try to dodge the last beast.

He successfully evaded the first strike. The stone club came down on where he was two seconds prior with a loud crunch of stone smashing stone.

But your friend was not so lucky on the backhand. The beast lifted its club with both hands and swung sideways, catching your friend in the ribs. It was lucky that that part of the chainmail had been intact… though it was no longer the case. The chains few and you heard a sound of bones breaking in your friend’s body. At least two ribs are broken.

You duck in and attack the beast while it is focused on your friend. You are more nimble than either, but you only have a bit of human brain matter and a large femur in hand. First, you toss the brain at the beast, hoping to blind it.

Instead, it opened its jaws and simply swallowed the brain whole. And then it tried to do the same with the femur.

But you had been swinging the femur at it when it caught the femur with its jaws mid-swing. Immediately, the femur locked onto its razor sharp teeth; it held the beast’s jaw open, giving it no way to shut.

The beast tried to roar angrily and tried to use its thick tongue to push the bone out of its mouth so that it could shut its jaws, but instead the tongue just pushed the femur further into place. It struggled trying to remove it, roaring angrily and stomping…

…it almost crushed you with a stomp, but it was no longer paying any attention to you at all.

You panicked too, grabbing the first thing that came into your hand…

…which happened to be a stick at the small campfire.

You gripped it tightly with both hands and shoved it upwards as the beast struggled. The burning rod of fire slid easily into the monster’s mouth, and the dried, cake of filth around its lips immediately caught on fire. With a single swipe, amidst its struggle, the beast knocked you sideways and into the cavern walls. But the fire had grown more intense, and its own struggle had pushed the wood deeper into its mouth, piercing flesh. After minutes more of wailing and smashing everything within its reach, the beast finally ran out of energy and died.

Its earlier hit had caused you to see stars and cough blood-tainted spittle. You stood up shakily, but felt as if your whole body would rather just die right there. You had not exerted yourself in a long, long time!

You looked over at your friend, who was also struggling to stand, but other than that one blow, he seemed to be fine. Actually, he seems to be in a better condition than you! You smile tiredly at each other. There were no words necessary.

At one end of the cavern, there is still a small campfire, with some rough linens and hides that seemed to be either deer skin or human skin. They were pretty dry and clean, all things considered. It seems like the beasts had not yet dried these pieces yet.

At the other end was the stream that came out of the walls… clean, spring water. It has been a long time since you drank anything at all.

The necklace that you are carrying seems to be humming softly in your hands too…

[ ] Character 1
[ ] Character 2

[ ] Rest
[ ] Leave

[ ] Read a Book
[ ] Study Beasts
[ ] Clean an Amulet
[ ] Treat Wounds
[ ] Wash

[ ] Other: Write-in?

Blackdeath6031
December 11th, 2011, 10:13 AM
[x] Character 1


pant
pant
pant

I haul myself up onto my feet.

"L...Let's take a break, shall we?" I ask in between gasps.


When we reach the campfire, I begin trying to tend to her wounds, then to my own.

"That...amulet..." I say quietly while I ensure her bleeding has stopped.
"And the book...they've been making me curious...what do you think they might be?"


[x] Tend wounds
[x] Clean amulet
[x] Read book
[x] Rest

Froggie
December 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM
[X] Character 1

[X] Rest

[X] Wash
[X] Treat Wounds
[X] Clean an Amulet
[X] Other: Look for something to carry water with. Empty bottles or water-skins

deviatesfish
December 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM
[ ] Character 1

[ ] Rest
[ ] Treat Wounds
[ ] Clean Amulet
[ ] Water Skins
[ ] Book

You lay your friend down first. She collapsed almost immediately after the last beast died.

You tear off her rags and yours. Over the time you have been imprisoned together, modesty had become something of a luxury. You used one of the clean linens to clean her wounds, and then yours, then used another dry one to wrap anything that needed wrapping. In the end, you had most of your torso tightly bound.

Even before you had finished cleaning her, your friend fell into a deep slumber. You kept watch, in case anything else would appear.

While keeping watch, you cleaned the amulet. After all the grim and filth were wiped off of it, you realized that this must be an amulet made from pure silver. It shone in the fire light. Its metal was cool to your touch.

As you held it, it seemed to hum with some kind of power.

The amulet seems to heat up if you pour your willpower into it, but it drains you causing you to feel drowsy. At the same time, it seems to be transferring this energy towards your friend, as if giving them more energy to heal faster. (Decrease all regeneration on self for two turns to 0 and increase regeneration on target by that amount for three turns.)

You also took time to flip through the leather bound book, but it seemed to have information too difficult for you to completely comprehend. Still, you understood the gist of it.

Most of the leather bound journal has been destroyed by water-damage, but a few pages remain. There is one section that is damaged and one that is not. Of what is left of the section that is damaged, there is a description on a spell of ball of fire. This spell is called Anastasius’ Flame Sphere Familiar, and was akin to something called a basic mystic code.

It takes a ritual of 8 hours to cast, in a simple (or so the pages claim) ritual using a complex formula. If you fail this ritual side effects may include burns and hair loss. The result of this ritual costs a constant 1 unit upkeep of mana at all times to maintain. It takes shape in the form of a 0.2 meter radius ball of fire which circles the caster’s being at all times. It can be used as a source of light or be sent up to 50 meters to cause an explosion of 8 fire damage on a 15 meter radius. If used as a weapon, the mana-fueled fire will burn for 1 damage per second for 5 seconds after impact. It will also cause natural fires. Once exploded, the fire ball is used up and the caster will need to spend 8 hours on making a new one. More proficient masters of magecraft may accomplish this in less time and may maintain several balls at the same time. They can also be used to shield against special and physical damage, which will also consume them.

Learning this magecraft ritual takes one turn and uses up one unused Ability Point.

The second section that is not damaged is a journal entry. It is probably the last journal entry that details the caverns below a village which has become rampant with orks due to a monster taking over the lord of the castle which overlooks the village. The lord was displeased with the village and cast a curse of darkness over it, and the owner of this journal had come from the Magus Association to investigate or perhaps even solve this issue. The castle itself was actually almost three week’s journey away. This village is dangerously close to where your former Master’s hideout was hidden. The magus seems to have come down into the tunnels looking for some kind of source to the curse, like some kind of concentration of leylines, though that might be back where your former Master was. This journal is dated after you had been captured by your former Master. The magus seems to also mention some lines about the Holy Spirit and the Church, claiming to also be a crusader of some kind.

At the bottom of the page, it seems to also have some extra information on orks.


Codex Entry: Orks
Rank: Low-Level Monstrous Beast

This is a species that has low intelligence, yet is incredibly durable. They are an aggressive species which will attack and consume humans on sight. Originally part of a being that came from out of the sphere of influence of Gaia, this species had since then spread across the lands rapidly. Since then, many of the overland subspecies of this type of beast has been hunted to near extinction due to their tendencies.

They appear to be overgrown, over-muscled bipedal beasts with intelligence lower than that of an average canine’s. They display a type of tribal/pack behavior but will usually split up when the group exceeds a certain number. There have been instances recorded in history in which an alpha rises which will control more than the limiting number. While regular groups of orks should only be a moderate danger to magi, this ‘War-Boss’ class Ork is considered extremely dangerous. The only known instance that massive tides of orks have been recorded in history is that of the nameless War-Boss that served under the military leaders of the Mongols, and then later the Golden Horde before it was assassinated by the Church. Today, orks are rarely seen above ground and usually only raid unprotected villages. They have not truly learned to avoid humans, but those that used to dwell where powerful humans lived are now extinct.

They come in several subspecies which can be differentiated by color. The strongest of this species has a skin tone of pale, pasty green, and can be found in plains. That subspecies has an average height of five meters and can run as fast as horses. A darker green skinned variety dwells in the jungles and has a shorter average height of four. This subspecies is thinner but more agile. There is another species that is the smallest of its kind, though as dangerous as the strongest. It is the red skinned variety, which is only one meter tall but can move in short bursts of several times faster than any other of its kind. This species has an innate code which allows it to draw energy from nature and spit gouts of fire. The weakest of this species is the grey skinned orks. They are measure about two meters tall on average and are only ten times as strong as an average human being. However, they are the slowest and least intelligent of their kind. The red skinned ones are rare and can only be found in tropical regions, while the grey skinned are most common because they are an underground variety.

They are a species without gender, using whatever nutrients they come in contact with to reproduce. Their reproduction organ is similar to that of a human male’s and is where their seed is spewed from. This seed will drain nutrients from anything it comes in contact with. When the ork’s biological functions forces it to reproduce, this seed will seep into the ground and grow batches of orks deep underground. When the opportunity allows, orks will also try to reproduce using the carcasses of their prey. This leads to situations where humans of either gender are implanted with this parasite-like seed against their will.

All Clock Tower attempts to crossbreed humans with orks to gain their resilience and strength has ended in failure. Ork seed will overwrite and devour any human cells and tissue too quickly for any crossbreeding to be successful.

Ork (Grey-Skin type)

Health: 14/14 Health Regeneration (per Turn): 2
Attack: 6+4
Defense: 2+2
Special Defense: 0

Intelligence: 0
Endurance: 2
Strength: 6
Intuition: 0
Agility: 0
Mana: 0
Will: 0
Luck: -1

Traits:
Caked-Skin (2 Defense): Orks cover themselves in a caked, mixture of feces, mud, and crushed humans to both increase their defense and, in cases of starvation, become an extra food source.

Items:
Stone Club (4 Attack): A blunt weapon of stone. It is most likely made from a stalagmite wrapped in human skin.

There were some leathers, but no containers. Still, the spring water was delicious.

[ ] Character 1
[ ] Character 2

[ ] Write-in!

mangafreak7793
December 11th, 2011, 11:45 PM
[x] Character 1
[x] It's not safe to be exposed so hide behind rock formation.
[x] Check any supplies you have from the ork's camp you looted and see what you can use.
[x] Stay close to the girl to make sure she's comfortable enough to recover.
[x] Stand guard while trying to rest as much as you can.

Erlkonig
December 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
[X] Character 2
[X] Rollover in your sleep
[X] Dream that this never happened and you got married to Character 1

Tobias
December 12th, 2011, 09:40 AM
[x] Character 1
[x] It's not safe to be exposed so hide behind rock formation.
[x] Check any supplies you have from the ork's camp you looted and see what you can use.
[x] Stay close to the girl to make sure she's comfortable enough to recover.
[x] Stand guard while trying to rest as much as you can.

[X] be sure to rouse the girl when you cant stay awake any longer, as opposed to just falling asleep on watch.

Blackdeath6031
December 13th, 2011, 07:20 AM
[x] Character 1
[x] It's not safe to be exposed so hide behind rock formation.
[x] Check any supplies you have from the ork's camp you looted and see what you can use.
[x] Stay close to the girl to make sure she's comfortable enough to recover.
[x] Stand guard while trying to rest as much as you can.


[X] be sure to rouse the girl when you cant stay awake any longer, as opposed to just falling asleep on watch.

This

Erlkonig
December 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
^What he said.

deviatesfish
December 13th, 2011, 12:51 PM
[X] Character 1
[X] It is not safe to be exposed so hide behind rock formation.
[X] Check any supplies you have from the ork's camp you looted and see what you can use.
[X] Stay close to the girl to make sure she's comfortable enough to recover.
[X] Stand guard while trying to rest as much as you can.
[X] Be sure to rouse the girl when you can’t stay awake any longer, as opposed to just falling asleep on watch.

You drag the furs and your friend behind some boulders. Though that does help hide you, you need to keep the camp fires close to your friend in order to keep her warm.

You find within this ork’s camp a short sword that is no longer produced in most of the world. It is shaped like a Roman gladius, but has the designs of a foreign style you have not seen before. It is pretty light, and from the fire light, you see that it seems to have two or three little ripples on the blade that look like water ripples. But as you feel it, it is smooth and cold. Its edge is pretty sharp, though there seems to be some chipping at one side of the edge, as if something smashed one side with a club.

You also find a sack of human flesh. It smells fresh. There looks to be several children-sized bodies within. It is leaking with blood. There must be at least ten bodies in here. You move it onto the opposite side of the cavern, just to be safe.

As you looked through the bag of bodies and the camp, you found two dozen copper coins and three silver ones. There is about fifty of another type of coin that seems to be an alloy between several metals, but most of it does not seem to be made of any precious metals at all. It is the latest minted of the coins however, and you put it all away.

You also found a small copper necklace made in the shape of a heart. On the back of the heart amulet, there are two names that have been carved into it, but seem to be worn out.

The girl is comfortable enough to recover, but you are left with only one fur, after putting her on one and covering her with another. If you stand guard near her, then you might wake her prematurely, which would be bad for her healing.

You sighed as you rested your aching body against a rather large stalagmite and covered yourself with a fur. After a while, you felt yourself dozing off, so you woke her up.

“Hey, hey,” you whispered as her eyes cracked open.

“W-where are we?” She wondered before the day caught up to her. Then she started to cry softly. Tiny tears rolled out of her eyes as her pale grey eyes widened at you, all watery. “W-we are really… free…?”

“Yeah…” You nodded before lying down. “Can you keep watch while I—“

“Of course,” she muttered before getting a drink from the stream of fresh water.

Sometime later, you felt her hand on your shoulder. It looks like she has armed herself with the short sword, but she seems to be very nervous. She doesn’t speak a word, just staring at the other side of the cavern. You notice that the camp fire has already died out.

There was something moving on the other side… something… large…

Its breath was labored, but with a constant and quick rhythm. It seems to be… eating the bag of dead, human children?

[ ] Character 1
[ ] Character 2

Erlkonig
December 13th, 2011, 01:26 PM
[X] Character 2

Why

No... W-Why did they have to meet with another monster?

Why

She... She just wanted peace and tranquility with her friend...

Why...!?

She grit her teeth. That fucking piece of shit, this was her resting spot, they were supposed to get a damn break...!

Die.

No. Calm down.

She breathed in and out, trying to calm herself down. "H-Hey..." She looked at her friend. "I-I think... we should escape while it's not noticing us."

Should you? This place, with flowing water, is so beautiful compared to that dungeon and the rest of these caverns, it might be better to get rid of this scum once and for all...

W-We got hurt the last time we tried to... I don't want to get him or myself more hurt than we are... I-I just want some rest, some peace...

Then why not make your own? It'd be so easy to catch that thing's neck by surprise, to swiftly press that sword on its neck... and slide it across the monster's jugular... After the monster choked in its own blood, wouldn't a beautiful, beautiful peace come? Ne, you know it's true...

She shivered

No... I'm not going to get him into trouble.

...Idiot.

Huh!?

Do you think you'll get him into safety like that? Those beasts noticed you so easily, even though you tried to use distractions. And they were fast, too, running from them didn't help, did it? Plus, it's weak now. It's feeding from those bags because it needs to, or it'll die. It probably already fed on all that shit it had on its disgusting body, and it wasn't enough. What do you think it'll do once it has finished eating? It'll find some way to crawl after us for revenge. Who knows how far are we from safety?

Her eyes widened.

Kill it.

The grip on her sword tightened.

Kill it.

It tightened even more...

It hurt you. It hurt him.

Her body started to shake.

Kill it.

She looked at her friend. "Help me attack, alright?" She said, a slight smile showing up on her face. Then, she turned to the hardly-breathing sound.

One good hit is all it will take~

[X] Approach the sound carefully with your friend
[X] At your signal, attack the sound.

(Provided we hit correctly, two attacks of 7 and 8 attack should get the job done, especially since it's wounded. We still should be careful, but we can't chicken out after having took on more than one already.)

mangafreak7793
December 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
[X] Approach the sound carefully with your friend
[X] At your signal, attack the sound.

Tobias
December 16th, 2011, 10:37 PM
My fuck this-o-meter just triggered

[X] slip out unoticed and get gone while the getting is good.

Larekko12
December 17th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Character 2
[X] Slink Cautiously like a panther through the night while your loud frined comes from a different direction to slide your sword into his neck.

deviatesfish
December 18th, 2011, 09:50 AM
[X] Character 2

[X] Approach the sound carefully with your friend
[X] At your signal, attack the sound.


“Let’s kill it before it kills us,” you mutter to your friend. “On my mark…”

He nodded his affirmation and began sneaking with you around the waters of the cavern.

It was a hulking thing, larger than the other foes you have faced thus far. As you crept closer, you notice that its mass is veiled in blackness. There is a tinge of violet aura washing off of its body like a dark miasma…

You feel a thousand pains, but even then, it was too late. You realize now perhaps you shouldn’t have approached it, but that thought was wiped out.

You and your friend are eaten.

You don’t even have a chance to see what remained of you. The shadows swallowed you whole, as it did your friend. You feel wet… the stench stifles, but nothing mattered…

…You are already dead.

DEAD END.

Proceed to Fishie Dojo?
Yes (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1406-Dragon-Phoenix-%28OOC%29?p=523378&viewfull=1#post523378) / No
Replay from Last Save?
Yes / No

mangafreak7793
December 18th, 2011, 11:51 AM
[X] slip out unoticed and get gone while the getting is good.

Larekko12
December 18th, 2011, 05:26 PM
[x] Slink like a panther in the night out of here.

Erlkonig
December 18th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Character 1
[X] What these two fine gentlemen said

mangafreak7793
December 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM
[X] Run away silently with your loot.

deviatesfish
December 18th, 2011, 09:50 PM
[X] Character 1
[X] Sneak Away

With a tug, you pull your friend away from such a suicidal attempt. Whatever it is, it is larger than two of those orks combined, and it has a taste for human flesh. Now that you’ve actually had some clean water and some rest, there’s no reason to dally here any longer.

You try to run away, but something—perhaps your shadow casted by the camp fire, or perhaps the pebbles at your feet—cause the thing to notice you.

The moment you cross the threshold from the cavern to a tunnel that leads to light, the thing moves. It moved faster than you could perceive, but its head scrapped the top of the cavern. This caused the bats to fly down and distract it enough to slow it…

…as it moved into the fire light, carefully avoiding the water, you see what it is. It was some kind of a crossbreed between a bear and a spider, with eight hairy legs and a giant maw seeping with ichor. A single bite from it could swallow you whole.

It was luck, perhaps, that you chose such a narrow tunnel then. You were able to get away from the monster only because it could not enter… But even then, you still ran as fast as you could, as it spat acidic liquids after you like pools of sizzling fire. Where it landed, the ground seemed to melt…!

After running for a long time… so long… your legs are tired, your belly is empty, and your head is spinning, but you see the light clearly. The light burns your eyes, but you feel good seeing it. Because you can hear it… the sound of a spring morning, out in the open…

The sky… was it ever this blue? The sound of birds chirping was truly like music to your ears, after having to endure the sound of suffering for so long. The smell of pine, the scents of spring, you had thought all of that to be lost. If it wasn’t for your weak body, you would have bent down and kissed the ground. You just doubt you would have to strength to stand back up!

You turned to your friend, seeing her eyes alight with joy too… yet so tired. Reality was a harsh mistress; you are cold, tired, and hungry. Where can you go from here, being in the center of a forest with no idea where to go?

mangafreak7793
December 18th, 2011, 10:08 PM
[x] Character 1
[x] Set up camp in a seemingly safe part of the forest
[x] Gather some food to eat.
[x] Read spell book and plan next coarse of action.