PDA

View Full Version : MEGAUPLOAD! FAST AS HELL! YEAH! MEGAAAA!

Rowanism
December 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
http://megaupload.com/

Watch the music video.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=60JJY6P2

deviatesfish
December 11th, 2011, 10:43 AM
China blocks it. :(

Kotonoha
December 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Megaupload is terrible >:(

Cruor
December 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
That song is awesome. Also, who were most of the people? I only got Lil Jon, Puff Daddy, Snoop Dogg, will.i.am, Alicia Keys, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Brown, Serena Williams, Ciara, and The Game?

^they do about 700-800kb/s for free accounts when mediafire tops out around 300-400. Fileserve/Filesonic does around as fast but with free accounts you prolly can only download once every fifteen minutes. I personally like ifile.it the most but that isn't always consistent. So yeah, they're the best as far as download speed goes it's just the waiting time is really long (Which you can shorten to 25 by simply signing up with a free account. Or did they change that without me knowing?). The amount your allowed to download is also like 5-7 times more then the others (well, I think mediafire allows you to download as much as you want).

I know. Back when I had 80kb/s speed internet I went around looking for the objectively 'best' site to download all my anime.

Sei
December 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Megaupload is cool with free accounts compared to everyone else I've seen.

I hate Filesonic...

KENTA
December 11th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I use JDownloader, MegaUpload is the best for me. Fast and quality, and no waiting times~

MZeroX
December 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I use whatever is available and free, because sometimes you don't have the option when what you want isn't everywhere.

Techlet
December 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Mediafire master race.

Cruor
December 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Mediafire is great. But it's a lot slower then Megaupload as far as speed goes. But yeah, unlimited downloading, I think.

Milbunk
December 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I don't have much a choice when it comes to picking a downloader, Megauploader is the only one I can find that is not blocked by my school.

RacingeR
December 11th, 2011, 02:00 PM
>Megaupload

>My dad is downloading constantly from there, so I can never use it.

>Like half of the fucking internet is uploaded there or something? Damnit.

>Fuck it, Mediafire masterrace.

Chaos Greyblood
December 11th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Is this sarcasn on the video, cheap cash-in with these stars or just plain trolling?

Kotonoha
December 11th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Mediafire master race.

This

Sherrinford
December 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mediafire is the winner, and megaupload the rightful second place.

Although it recently raised the waiting time. But hey, still better than everything else.

Spinach
December 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM
>download something small
>use MF
>download something large
>use MU

I like both.

idort.jpg

Sherrinford
December 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I like both.

Well, of course. But I downloaded something big from Mediafire too, without any problems whatsoever. Plus, no waiting time and parallel downloads, Mediafire is still better, even if just slightly.

IMO.

Kotonoha
December 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I think my preference for Mediafire is because I download a lot of multi-part files. So I prefer downloading the parts at the same time.

Then if one of them doesn't work I don't get "DOWNLOAD LIMIT EXCEEDED, WAIT TEN MINUTES"

Tobias
December 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Torrents 4 life

Spinach
December 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Well, of course. But I downloaded something big from Mediafire too, without any problems whatsoever. Plus, no waiting time and parallel downloads, Mediafire is still better, even if just slightly.

IMO.

Of course. MF has no problems with large files at all, it's just that it's slightly slower than MU. With an MU download I get about 2.0mb/s. With MF it's about 400~kb/s. Usually, for a small file, I can dl it off of MF before the 45 second wait on MU is over, but with really big things MU is totally worth the 45 second wait.

WHOOPS LOL

Not 400~mb/s. 400~kb/s.

lolol

RacingeR
December 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I think my preference for Mediafire is because I download a lot of multi-part files. So I prefer downloading the parts at the same time.

Then if one of them doesn't work I don't get "DOWNLOAD LIMIT EXCEEDED, WAIT TEN MINUTES"

This. This so much.

Sherrinford
December 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
AND SCREW ENTER CAPTCHA.

I3uster
December 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
...why don't you use skipscreen if captcha bothers you?

Sherrinford
December 12th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Why should I download redundant programs and plugins for functions of secondary importance?

I3uster
December 12th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Because you are like me and need addons for everything.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 12th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I use whatever is available to me, although I have no problem with Megaupload's waiting times.

Fuck Megavideo, though. I hate waiting times. HATE them.

Sherrinford
December 12th, 2011, 07:54 PM
^^ Eh eh!

^ I like Megavideo.

ItsaRandomUsername
December 12th, 2011, 07:59 PM
^ I like Megavideo.

Don't misunderstand me.

I actually like using Megavideo, since the speeds are always consistently fast for me. It's just...when I'm trying to marathon animu / anything longer than 72 minutes at a time (AKA movies and the like) I'm bothered by the fact that I need to wait in between sessions since I don't have an account.

The fact that it counts the minutes of video watched with other video programs online doesn't help either. =(

Still, like the eskimos of the north I have learned to live and go with Megavideo's flow.

Sherrinford
December 12th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Ah, marathons... yeah, me too. But there's always the trick of disconnecting and connecting the modem, which takes five seconds. But yes, the limit can be a real pain in the ass.

I don't know streaming services that doesn't have a time limit. And with the other there's always the risk of slooooooooow download.

MZeroX
December 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Then if one of them doesn't work I don't get "DOWNLOAD LIMIT EXCEEDED, WAIT TEN MINUTES"OH MY GOD, STORY OF MY LIFE, BRO.

so joking aside, that actually is the story of my life. though as i said before, sometimes files just don't stay up on everywhere, so I take what I can get.

Milbunk
December 12th, 2011, 09:21 PM
You know what drived me crazy? Getting a 20 part file and getting to the very last one only to have it say the link is broken. ALL MY RAGE!!!

MZeroX
December 12th, 2011, 09:23 PM
dude, that's why you open them all before starting the download. and then if you're stuck with a bandwidth limiting site, save the urls, deleting them as you grab the next part.

Marth
December 12th, 2011, 09:42 PM
^ This. I check every part of each download before I commit myself to anything over 500MB for multi-part files.

GlanGR
December 12th, 2011, 10:22 PM
You two are much smarter people than I am.

Ivan The Mouse
December 12th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Torrent everything.

Marth
December 12th, 2011, 11:48 PM
^ Not all files you want will have accompanying torrents. Or at least, well-seeded ones.

Ivan The Mouse
December 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM
That's the way I get by my anime, anyway. And games.

MZeroX
December 13th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I used to get by solely on torrents, but certain things just don't make it to those tubes (or at least stay alive on them).

KENTA
December 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM
dude, that's why you open them all before starting the download. and then if you're stuck with a bandwidth limiting site, save the urls, deleting them as you grab the next part.

Or, if you're not like Zero, you can just use JDownloader. Don't worry bro, I know you tried. The rest of you don't have that excuse.

Cruor
December 13th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I used JDownloader for awhile but I don't like the program layout much.... which actually just means I need to use it more?

Torrents are the best but not much manga enters them much so then I'd rather choose XDCC and Dirct Download over. But yeah, people saying they use whatever's avalible is sidestepping the issue! The discussion was which DDL place was the best!

Kotonoha
December 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Or, if you're not like Zero, you can just use JDownloader. Don't worry bro, I know you tried. The rest of you don't have that excuse.

If you have to download a third-party program to make Megaupload decent, Megaupload is still shit. ;D

KENTA
December 13th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I get a couple hundred kilobytes per second, they all download with no wait, and last few times I've used it I haven't had to use captchas.

Whereas mediafire is pretty slow, has captchas, and doesn't have anything good on it. Your move Canada.

Spinach
December 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Wait... Mediafire doesn't have captchas.

KENTA
December 13th, 2011, 09:32 AM
It doesn't? Might be confusing it with another one(there are so many) My point about speed and options still stands though.

Kotonoha
December 13th, 2011, 09:34 AM
has captchas, and doesn't have anything good on it

Both wrong.

KENTA
December 13th, 2011, 09:40 AM
The first I already admitted could be wrong, but everything I ever want is on Megaupload, never found anything worth getting on Mediafire.

Mcjon01
December 13th, 2011, 09:42 AM
If you have to download a third-party program to make Megaupload decent, Megaupload is still shit. ;D

But JDownloader universally improves every DDL site, Mediafire included. They are all shit without JDownloader.

KENTA
December 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM
This man knows what's up.