PDA

View Full Version : The House of Silver - DragonAge/Nasuverse RP (IC)



Brynhilde
December 18th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Answer me, child.

From whence are you born, and whence shall you return?

--- Nothingness? Is that your answer???

Excellent. You are much cleverer than I had thought.

Yes, yes. Nothingness. There is no God, no Maker, no afterlife. No soul, no dream, no boatman to ferry you to the other side.

Even Gods must suffer this fate, child.

Therefore, do not weep, for that will not save you from death.

Not at all.



The House of Silver


A mirror was the gate to your downfall.

Falling was the only sensation you felt for a long, long time, as if all the air of the world rushed past you, as if you would fall through the ground and right into Inferno’s domain. Falling, feeling the divine pull of gravity towards the centre of the earth, your brain slowly began to lose recognition of all other things around you. Fingers went cold, then numb. Sight became dark, then gone. There was nothing for you to hear, the absolute silence driving you mad. You fall – no, it was more like you sank – into a world that the mirror held within, a world that only the mirror knows.

And it is into this world… that you woke, into a dark and voluminous cavern that stretched as if it was big enough to accommodate the sun, and spacious enough to house thousands of souls. A town, carved out of the subterranean hills that stretched up to the ceiling that was the ground, was full of terraces and stone gardens and villas of many kinds and designs. Flat and paved with polished stones, the place you were lying upon was once the plaza that no doubt served as a centre of activity for this town, but now – remained barren and dead.

Barren except for you and your fellows, lying flat in the middle of this plaza, surrounded by tall walls - and only accompanied by an eerie, chilly wind that seemed to seep up from the ground below.

This is your world now, unfortunate visitor from many times and worlds. A dwarven Thaig – those of you from the land of Thedas would be able to tell – that none seemed to remember would have to be your home. Live, fight, and learn – for there are secrets to be told to you, stories to be discovered, and tales that bards will certainly in many years keep to tell.

This is Argent Thaig.

My "House of Silver”.





The events in the Opening Post (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1351-The-House-of-Silver-a-Nasuverse-Dragon-Age-RP?p=481060&viewfull=1#post481060) are considered to have taken place. Feel free to RP from now on.

2ndsly
December 18th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Nemo, the Lost
HP: 54
Stamina: 30

Nemo stood up from the ground, quickly and silently. He strains all his senses to discover what his cipurrent situation was. The chilling wind soundedloud in his ears, the sounds of others moving just making to his ears. Through his spectacles, his green eyes spyed no immediate threat, but just to be safe...
Summon Wolf: cost 20

A wolf appears by Nemo's side, it's form a comfort to him. It is always better teo have someone, or something, you trust at your side. It makes even the worst situation both more bearable and survivable. This way he wouldn't have to watch his own back, allowing him to concentrate on what was in front of him.

Blackdeath6031
December 18th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Akira
HP: 30
Stamina: 30

The cold, hard and somewhat moist ground met the boy when he came to.
The shivering cold, and the unfamiliar surroundings translated to a very familiar ringing within his mind.

"Uuuurrrgh....Geez...
Just...a..bit...more..."

Really, despite his job, he tended to be lazy.
And he tried to stay in bed - or whatever he could make use of to rest as much as possible.

Stretching his hand, he tried look for the source of the ringing - a digital clock of sorts, which he had set to wake him up just before Usagawa and 'Gankyuu Eguriko' did.

But it wasn't within his reach.

Groaning, he opened his eyes and looked up, scanning his surroundings for the contraption.
...Which he could not find.

"What the..."
Frowning, he only suddenly realised that he was not in bed.
Was not in his room.

Hell, he wasn't anywhere he knew of!

....Nor was he going to bed before arriving here.
Not to mention deliberately entering this area.
And lying flat on the ground to - err - sleep.

He was heading to the post office to deliver the report.

That's right, the report!

Panicking, he searched around him.

No...
No report.

"Kusoo!"
He swore and stamped his foot on the ground just as he noticed a wolf nearby.

"Wuagh!"
He jumped, and fell onto his buttocks.
He had dealt with those kind before, indeed. But each time he never really felt calm and composed.

"W-Where...where..."
The words drained from his voicebox and his mind cleared.
His mouth opened, then closed.
Opened.
And closed.

If one were to have been observing him, they could say that he looked very silly - or cute, given his childish form, and that he was like a fish, opening and closing its mouth.

Looking around once more, now actually awake, Akira noticed other people - or maybe merely other humanoids - around him.
Some human, some...not so clear.


But one thing was for sure, even if Akira himself did not think it.
It would take him a looooong while to get himself back to his usual demeanour.

Sei
December 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Lisa Fair
Time Unknown
Location Unknown
Normal/HP: 45/MP: 105

It would be an understatement to say that the taste of dirt in surprises me. Once the darkness fades and the light returns to my eyes, I find myself lying on the ground of what appears to be some cave. Maybe it's because my eyes have already adjusted, but I can see what looks like a number of people around me as well. Their collective voices echoing throughout the barren area is likely what woke me up.

"Where...am I?" I can't help but ask myself as I slowly pick myself up from the dirt. As if waking up from a deep sleep, I stagger to my feet and let out a light yawn before dusting myself off. "Last thing I remember...I was running errands?" raising a single finger to my chin, I have to ask if that is correct, "Yeah...I was running errands...and I went to deliver something. And then I think I saw something...But what was it?"

I look around the area once again to see if I can come up with something new. The figures around me have become more defined in the darkness and I can make out features now. But to say that made any more sense out of the situation would be a lie...

All around me I could see people adorned in medieval-style armor, people with pointed ears making them look almost like elves, and short, dwarfish looking people who looked like they could've been extras in the battle for middle earth. My first thought is that I've been kidnapped by some weirdo cult, but then I come up with a more reasonable explanation.

"Oh! I must be dreaming!" I pound my fist down on my palm in a moment of clarity, "Yeah. I get it. All the training and work must be slowly driving me nuts. So I must be dreaming that I'm in one of my video games to unconsciously reduce the stress."

Somehow thinking that out loud didn't sound as good as it did in my head...

I fall silent and examine the situation yet again. This is not a dream. To think something like that would only be an attempt at escaping reality. The ground beneath my feet is real and so is everything else in this cavern. Magical energy can be felt both in the air and from those surrounding me. But it is different from the energies I'm accustomed to. Not that it's foul or evil. It's simply..."foreign" in nature.

I want to believe this is all an illusion, but the skills and instincts which have so mercilessly been beaten into are screaming otherwise. I wasfaraway from home. I have no idea how I got here...and I have no idea how to get back.

"...Just what the heck is going on?"

SeiKeo
December 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Geneva Arland
Day 0

Denerim castle was rather impressive. I suppose it would be: I've only ever lived on the Bannorn. It's not a very impressive place: fields, farms, more fields, more farms... My father used to tell me about Val Royeaux. Apparently, it's a grand imperial city, filled with light and music. Not out here in the empty lands of the outskirts of Thedas. When I came to Denerim, I expected it to come close to that: some kind of grandeur.

For the most part, the city failed the test. It was a low, sprawling city of dirt and poverty. While this was not exactly strange - the Bannorn was not rich - I expected... well, I think I expected something more. However, that was just the city in general. The actual castle was quite enough: a massive sprawling structure of stone, looking like a bulwark protecting the city.

It was here that my lord and I had been lodged, to prepare for the Landsmeet. I don't have to explain exactly why this was important, but I do probably have to explain why I was there. I was the right hand of a Bann of... significant, but not critical importance. We had been summoned to Denerim to participate in the Landsmeet, but of course, not only the issue at hand would be addressed. My Bann wanted me to look around the palace, to try and find any information on opposing Banns - maybe even information on the prospective king. I wasn't much for stealth, but I was the only one he trusted with something like this - the only one who he trusted not to sell him out.

So, I went looking around the castle, in full arms and armor none the less! As it turns out, most people don't trouble you if you have steel backing up your words and look like you know that you belong in the area. None of the maids questioned my presence: I must have been some kind of knight, right? Well, yes. Someone else's knight, heh.

In any case, I arrived on an unlocked room. The door creaked open at my touch, revealing a spartan room of some visiting dignitary. Or at least, so I assumed. I'm not really sure why I thought that: the room was mostly empty, barely showing evidence of being lived in. A chest lay in a corner, locked. I couldn't do anything about that, but the dresser, now... There was a massive tome resting upon it. Records, perhaps? I began flipping through the pages.

Well, they certainly weren't records. The pages were covered in complex lines of equations and rituals, diagrams of magic circles... a mage's spell book. Quite a potent one, and if I read one diagram correct... a forbidden one. It looked a good sight like Blood Magic. And I turned another page, revealing what looked like a mirror embedded in the page.

I saw my own, Orlesian face, framed by long pale blonde hair. Sigh. As if I needed another reminder of how little I belong here. For twenty years, having to deal with the distrust of almost everybody... I was rather tired of it all.

...maybe I should move the date ahead. I have quite a bit of money, I could probably pick up a bit more on the way guarding caravans...

And then the mirror shimmered, flickering from silver to night black. And the world vanished.

---

Argent Thaig. City of Silver. Or at least, that was what the sign said. And there seemed to be others... most frightened and confused. Or at least, that's how they seemed. Not to say that I wasn't either: I had no idea what was going on. But if we stumbled around in confusion, we were going to die. "Friends!" I raise my voice, falling into the easy paradigm of command. "We are clearly in a crisis, and if we do not work together, we will almost certainly die. I am taking command of this party, in order to guide us."


HP: 75
Stamina: 78
Status: normal

Xaldin
December 18th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Vaine
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m630/Xaldin007/my_qunari_mage_by_victoriadaedra-d3dgvh5-1.jpg
HP: 90
Stamina: 69 (lol)

When Vaine awoke, he found he was not where he thought he was. He had entered the home of Merril in hopes of cookies and a nice visit. And the next thing he knows, is that now he's flat on his belly in the dirt. How...does that even happen?

"Ugh..." Vaine groaned, pushing himself from the ground and running a hand across his right horn as if to check for any damages. He looked around to see several types of people, and even a wolf. He had no clue who any of them were, and none of them were Merril. Maybe he was hit from behind and knocked out on the way to her home? But no, he remembered walking in. And, who would be strong enough to knock him out anyways?


"Friends!" "We are clearly in a crisis, and if we do not work together, we will almost certainly die. I am taking command of this party, in order to guide us."


And then one of the people shouted that. This guy at least seemed to know what he was talking about...

"And who are you..?"

But it's not like he was going to go along with him just from saying that. A bit of explanation would be really nice about now.

SeiKeo
December 18th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Geneva Arland
Day 0


"And who are you..?"

A Qunari? Well, that was a sight to see. Not something you see everyday.

...actually, something you never see. I could only guess at his race from loose descriptions in books, and a story my father had once told me. But boy, were they big. "Geneva Arland, First Knight of Bann Guilliam. Not that you would know where that is, but that's the deal." I shrug. "Between the all of us, I'm reasonably sure I have the most experience here, unless the Templar is quite the knight." Everyone else looked to barely be out of their teens at most: well, not that you could tell that from the Qunari, but he didn't speak with the kind of gravity or assurance that I would expect from an elder of his species.



HP: 75
Stamina: 78
Status: Normal

Xaldin
December 18th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Vaine
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m630/Xaldin007/my_qunari_mage_by_victoriadaedra-d3dgvh5-1.jpg
HP: 90
Stamina: 69 (lol)

"Right..." Vaine spoke, unintentionally showing a hint of boredom from his explanation. Sounds to him like this guy just wants to lead people, despite probably all of them not fully knowing what the hell is going on. "You talked of 'crisis' and 'dieing'. I assume that means you know what's going on? From the looks of things, I'd say I'm not the only one wondering how we got here. And how to get out."

Blackdeath6031
December 18th, 2011, 09:16 PM
<<To Lisa>>
Akira
Time & Date Unknown
HP: 30
Stamina: 30

"...Just what the heck is going on?"

A girl nearby asked the same thing which was running in through his head, snapping him back to 'reality', or whatever he could call this.
Perhaps, Akira wondered, that thought was running around quicker than his, and inadvertently tripped, fell and slid out of her mouth?

"Oh?" He mused, as a slight chuckle and an amused smile formed in his lips.
"I guess I'm not the only one who feels like they've gone nuts, huh."

He stood up and slowly limped over to the girl, trying to muster his numb limbs from giving way.

"Well, I guess what's certain is that we're in a cave. And I dunno about you, but this seems like a place that I've never seen before.
Not in Japan, at least.

"The other people around us don't appear to be the kind of demons the Church are chasing either, so I'm honestly clueless."

The Church. A religious - almost zealously so - organisation which Akira himself had never witnessed in person, but his superiors had mentioned them to him before.
Demons, Vampires, and the like. That organisation pursued them to no end with the use of some very strange weapons known as 'Black Keys'.
Really, to say it in the way he did could lead to some misunderstandings - he didn't actually know what the demons the Church were chasing look like.
But for them to be wearing armour seemed rather...out of place in this day and age, he must admit.

"So," Snapping himself back into reality, he grinned innocently at the girl - no, Akira corrected himself. She seemed older than him by a couple of years.
"Did you happen to find anything more than that?"

2ndsly
December 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Nemo, the Lost
HP: 54
Stamina: 10/30

As Nemo listened, he heard at least one person attempting to take charge. But there was a far more interesting conversation carried to him by the chilling wind.

"Oh?"
"I guess I'm not the only one who feels like they've gone nuts, huh."
"Well, I guess what's certain is that we're in a cave. And I dunno about you, but this seems like a place that I've never seen before.
"The other people around us don't appear to be the kind of demons the Church are chasing either, so I'm honestly clueless."
"So,"
"Did you happen to find anything more than that?"
Very Interesting.

Nemo decided to head over to the two strangely dressed humans, their lack of armor raising more then just his curiosity. His mind formed several possiblilities, none of them good.

With the wolf by his side, he calmly walked over to the duo. His spectacled gaze trained upon them warily.

SeiKeo
December 19th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Geneva Arland
Day 0


"You talked of 'crisis' and 'dieing'. I assume that means you know what's going on? From the looks of things, I'd say I'm not the only one wondering how we got here. And how to get out."

"Use your large skull," I snapped at him. Not the most diplomatic way to handle the situation, I admit. "We are in an abandoned Dwarven citadel, somehow transported here by things beyond our understanding. We are clearly in grave danger. Darkspawn, some old machine on the loose... what have you, it's probably down here."



HP: 75
Stamina: 78
Status: Normal

mewarmo990
December 19th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Kertys
HP: 75
MP: 45

"What in Andraste's name..."

Kertys awoke to a scratching sensation on his scalp. His senses blurred back into consciousness as the Templar picked himself up off the stone floor.

Loco, Kertys' pet chicken, jumped in excitement as his friend and master showed signs of life again. He probably would have squawked if he still had a head.

"Where are we, Loco?" Around him, other equally confused figures muttered and stirred in the dimly lit space. He almost called out to the nearest one, but then the Templar's finely honed instincts made him reach for his greatsword in a sudden, familiar twinge of caution.

In front of one of these unknown people, a wolf-like form blinked into existence. One of the other figures yelped in surprise.

"Apostate," Kertys growled. He felt the lyrium in his veins blazing to life as he mentally erected countermeasures to whatever this witchery this mage had to throw at him.

Sensing his master's alarm, Loco made a choking noise.

Spooky
December 19th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Mara (Elf Force/Fire Mage)
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/spooky316/3669191.png
HP - 33
MP - 99

I blinked as I came to my senses. I was... flat on my back? Immediately I tried to sit up.

"Hss," I winced, bringing a hand to my head. That wasn't the best of feelings. What had happened anyway? The last thing I remembered before waking up was...

"The Eluvian!" I blurted, then flinched again at the pounding in my head. That's right, I was looking for Merrill but instead I found the Eluvian was on! If the stories are true, it must have transported me somewhere!

"But this doesn't look like an ancient elvhenan city," I muttered out loud. It's a habit I haven't quite lost yet. I talk to myself a lot. "Well, I don't think at least. Not that I know what one really looks like. This seems more like a Dwarven Thaig though."

My headache having abated somewhat, I glanced around for my staff and used it for leverage to stand up. Even with my head no longer pounding, I was still somewhat queezy.

Another interesting thing, it seemed I wasn't the only one here. And more than that, it looked like the others were at least as disoriented as I was. I was about to examine my... companions for lack of a better word when I heard the sounds of an argument. I glanced toward the voices and noticed a fairly (alright, probably more than that) attractive human warrior-woman in conversation with a Qunari, of all things. Well, that's not the strangest thing I've seen yet. They were a fairly common sight in Kirkwall until recently, after all. I tried to listen in and hear what they were talking about, but then I heard something else. Something completely unwanted. Something I'd spent the better part of my time in Kirkwall avoiding. A Templar.

"Apostate," he growled.

My eyes widenend in surprise and I clutched my staff even harder, the mutterings of a spell on my lips, when I noticed he wasn't referring to me. I let out a sigh in relief as I watched him move off. I quickly headed in the direction of the woman and the qunari, eager to be anywhere but where the templar was. And I suppose the fact that the woman was easy to look at didn't hurt either.

mangafreak7793
December 19th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Kadaj
HP: 36
Stamina: 42

"Well this is certainly what I did not expect for simply going into the wrong room...." The Eleven assassin muttered to himself while stroking his pet hawk as it nibbled on its feathers. Having already recovered from his initial fall into this 'void' and apparently nobody seemed to have noticed him as they were distracted by this situation. He took advantage of it by quietly watching the others bicker and talk among each other as he quietly listens in.

'Let's see we have a human, a mage, some big thing...ughh a Qunari? Yeah that's it and a templer.' He mentally took note of each and every one of them before sighing. "This ragtag of a group seems a bit too much like the Grey warden's group all we need is a drunken dwarf...."

Sighing to himself once more he quietly continued his eavesdropping.

Xaldin
December 19th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Vaine
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m630/Xaldin007/my_qunari_mage_by_victoriadaedra-d3dgvh5-1.jpg
HP: 90
Stamina: 69 (lol)


"Use your large skull," I snapped at him. Not the most diplomatic way to handle the situation, I admit. "We are in an abandoned Dwarven citadel, somehow transported here by things beyond our understanding. We are clearly in grave danger. Darkspawn, some old machine on the loose... what have you, it's probably down here."

"So...basically you have no idea and are just guessing." Vaine replied, crossing his arms. He sighed and mumbled, "And this woman wants to be branded leader. Reminds me of sister. Which isn't really a good thing..."

"Well if you want to be leader, you may want to ask some of the other people here. I think I'm the only one who payed attention to your announcement." He said, waving her to go elsewhere and seeing most everyone else talking amongst each other. Honestly, it felt like the tavern in Kirkwall with people in thier own little worlds. But as he looked around, he didn't see Merril any where. Maybe she was further in? Maybe she wasn't here at all? "Dammit..."

"Maybe I should try yelling at the top of my lungs? But if there are creatures here, there's no telling what I could attract here..." He began speaking to himself, losing focus on everything else. He had developed a bad habit of speaking out loud when speaking. He blamed it on being sheltered inside for majority of his life with very few other children to play with. "Actually, I wonder if sister noticed me gone... No, if it hasn't been a day or two I doubt she'd be bothered."

Fangstrike
December 19th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Zephyr Rahnglaive
HP: 48
MP: 123

Zephyr didn't even have time to scream as he was falling. One moment, he was standing in front of Merril's Eluvian, the next, he was plummeting through what looked like the Fade before he reappeared in a large cavern, ten feet from the floor.

"Ugh..." Zephyr groaned as he made a nice meaty smack against the earth. Thankfully, nothing seemed to be broken. He hoped he wasn't bruised. Zephyr had been able to get off a slight burst of magic before he impacted the floor, cushioning his fall.

As his face molded against the hard, cold, dirty floor, Zephyr was beginning to regret going over to Merill's place. He always knew this little business with the forbidden magics was gonna come back and bite someone in the ass, so why in Arlathan's name did it have to be him? Couldn't they just do the normal thing and slay the demon from the Fade trying to possess the foolish upstart mage? Well, the good news was he was alive. Bad news was he was alive and in pain. Zephyr might've been a healer, but that didn't mean he liked pain, far from it.

After a few more moments of mental bitching, Zephyr picked himself off the ground to find himself surrounded by strangers. Instantly, he was on guard, the thrum of magic filling his veins. The ice was eloquently broken by a cry of "Apostate."

Ah shit...

He turned towards the voice who had spoken. He looked like a Templar and acted like one - a twitchy finger on the handle of his blade. Fortunately, he wasn't looking at Zephyr when he said that. The elf was still a little groggy, not the best shape to be in when you were an apostate facing off against the junkie fanatics of the Chantry. Zephyr could probably surprise him with a nice bolt of lightning at the moment.


"Use your large skull," I snapped at him. Not the most diplomatic way to handle the situation, I admit. "We are in an abandoned Dwarven citadel, somehow transported here by things beyond our understanding. We are clearly in grave danger. Darkspawn, some old machine on the loose... what have you, it's probably down here."

That much even Zephyr could tell. He wasn't quite sure how he felt about this woman assuming the reins of leadership, though it did remind him of working with Athenril. The fact that Geneva was pretty didn't hurt her cause either. "Why don't we all calm down a little. As Ser Arland mentioned, we are in a dangerous predicament. We should work together and decide a next course of action to increase our chances of survival."

Brynhilde
December 19th, 2011, 05:45 AM
A wind blew past, bringing with it a shuddering chill.

And in the whisper of the wind, you hear a dark, shapeless murmur.

Gentle, nostalgic, you couldn't help but listen to it, to strain your ears toward this forgotten memory, this familiar whisper. It chanted in a low, forlorn voice, its gentleness drawing you in, reminding you of the lazy way autumn night winds would often blow, the flaccid way the sun wound shine through the windows in a spring afternoon. The voice was carried in the air, as if the entire cavern around you had suddenly woken up and began to chant its ancient song, as it you've immersed yourself into this sea of remeniscence, unwilling to ever let go -

Then, this sea gurgled.

Gurgled. Retched. Drowned.

The sound changed in the wind. What was fair now put the people in the courtyard in full alert. A foul wind now blew, accompanied by shireks of rage and anger. The Warriors instinctively hoisted their weapons, the rogues crouched, and the mages clutched their staffs even harder.

Six Shades appeared - lost demons, summoned from beyond the Veil but failing to possess a body, vengeful spirits who only wants to kill - emerged out of the ground, screaming in their deafening noises at the same time. The nine of you, having just woken up, barely had a chance to take a deep breath before finding yourselves face to face with your first foe.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/akhonsu/HouseofSilver1-0.png

The three Shades at the west are all rushing towards Akira and Lisa.
The northeastern and eastern Shades are attacking Mara.
The southeastern Shade is attacking Nemo.

The white lines are boundaries of the field. None is allowed to run outside of the boundary.
A massive gate - leading to large hall - looms northward.
The stele stands before the gate.

Shades stats:
STR - 20
CON - 30 = 90 HP
DEX - 10
CUN - 10
MGI - 10
WIL - 10 = 30 Stamina

Blackdeath6031
December 19th, 2011, 07:19 AM
<<To Lisa, partially>>
Akira
HP: 30
Stamina: 30


...Hoh?
The boy raised his eyebrow as he observed the newcomers.
Then...
"Welp," He began grinning childishly as he glanced back at the lady.

"I guess that's one more to add to the list. We don't have any weird transparent things like these....loud...whatcha-ma-call-its where I came from! So that makes three peculiarities!"

The boy was wrong, and he was unaware of the series of events which occurred in his country.
The summoning of seven spirits by seven magi in a battle royale to complete a ritual.
The strange occasion where a boy roughly his age met the princess of vampiric elementals.
The series of peculiar incidents where a girl was faced with the remnants of the same organisation her own family was a part of, each manipulated by a monk that was unaware that that very same girl would be his undoing.

And, unbeknownst to many more - and even the boy himself, the appearance of a gigantic bird-like monster which threatened the lives of the two girls he was tasked to survey, as well as the heir to the organisation he belonged to. Little did he know too, that they had become immortals.

However, each of those four are of another story altogether. So let's leave them as they are, shall we?

The boy was unsure of how to strike the apparitions, however. After all, everyone else save the girl he had begun talking to, seemed to be familiar with this world.
Whereas for him - and perhaps that lady - it was as good as a dream - anything was possible.

However, he knew one thing.

"Welp,"
Akira drew what seemed like a quarterstaff - from his back.

Placing the longer end of it on the ground behind and to the right of him, he griped it with his left hand under the right.

"Lets get this started, shall we?" He chirped, entering a semi-pre-sprint pose.

However, he was not interested in starting any fights yet.

For him, the priority was observation. He wanted to see how these people, who had appeared by him, could fight.
Some were obviously CQ-combatants.
Some had signs of being...rogues? The garb was reminiscent of the figurines sold as merchandise for the 'RPG' games he had once dreamed of playing.

And others still had other attire.

So, he wanted to see how each of them would deal with these people.
Of course, they were small fry, and thus it wouldn't be much to view.

But he didn't want to appear suspicious to the others.
So he looked at the three which were obviously after the him and the woman.
One would have to pass by another person - supposedly a rogue.
One is closer to the woman, which provides him a chance to deal with the final one, which was quite far away.

He had two choices.
To run at the usual, human speed and thus not stand out.
Or, to reach the shade in the shortest time possible then eliminate it, providing him the opportunity to observe each of the other fights in full.

In the end, he decided to take the former. After all, not only was taking the more inconspicuous route more preferable to him (considering his profession), but with such enemies, little observation can be obtained.

Thus, he ran toward his target, his quarterstaff bouncing lightly along the ground as he approached the enemy.

Then he spun. The staff followed suit, moving in a spiral from a low attack which struck the shade's legs, had there been any, to a mid attack which swiped through it's torso.
Really, had people known how he normally fought, they'd be quick to comment that he was being silly in his style.
Finally, he landed on both feet, though somewhat unbalanced and allegedly dizzy from the spin.

Before he could relax and observe the other fights, however (or whatever's left of them by the time he was done), he had to watch the vicinity in the case that, as he had expected, the shade would not be done for with just that.

However, he also had trust that his eyes would indicate such things for him, as it had done so numerous times and thus saved his and, though less often, his comrades lives. So, after pausing to listen to the wind for any signs that it survived, he turned to spectate the other fights.
After all, if these people would be his new comrades for however long they remained here, then he should gauge how much he needs to worry, no?

Battle total: 60

2ndsly
December 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Nemo, the Lost
HP: 54
Stamina: 10/30

As Nemo walked towards the pair, Shades appeared, scattered around the grouping all of the people had unconsciously made. One was behind his back, while two others seemed to be attacking the odd pair. Even as the male began to run forward, Nemo had the wolf attack the Shade that had appeared behind his back.

Damage by wolf.
20+10=30;20+5=25
30-25=5


The man attacked the Shade on the right, so Nemo drew his bow and fired on the one to the left.

Damage by Nemo
35+17.5=52.5; 10+5=15
52.5-15=37.5

Spooky
December 19th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Mara (Elf Force/Fire Mage)
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/spooky316/3669191.png
HP - 33
MP - 89/99

"What?" I murmured at the sudden change in the air. "It feels like..."

I was cut off by the sudden appearance of multiple shades, surrounding the whole group of newcomers.

"Oh bloody," I bit out as two of them charged at me. This wasn't good. I'd have to use my magic to protect myself. There's no other option, even with the templar out there. I'd just have to hope that nothing goes wrong.

"Ok, maybe I can hit one of them with a fireball before it gets to me..." I decided. I turned to the one closest to me [the one charging from the east] and started to cast.


Searing fireball = magic x3
Pyromancer = fire damage +10
Force Mage = magic +5, damage +15
45x3 + (14/2) = 142+10+15 = 167


10 + (10/2) = 15
167 = 15 = 152
Shade takes 152 damage

OOC: Is that right? Seems like a lot of damage.

SeiKeo
December 19th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Geneva Arland
Day 0


Battle equation: 34

And then, of course, there were Shades. And the Qunari laughed at me when I said there would be danger. Well, here you go, spirits. I charged one of the Shades attacking the elf and the little blonde girl with a yell. "Forth, and fear no darkness!"


Field Effect: Rally. All team members +35 attack, +20 defense

As I run towards the Shade, I lift my shield, placing my shoulder under the rim of the huge steel bowl. If I can split this one off, it would likely be quite helpful for those two: they don't look like heavy combat types. 5 feet away. I turn my body slightly sideways, presenting the shield to the spirit-

And crash straight into it at a full sprint.


Shield Bash. Str: 27 vs 20. Success, Shade is knocked back


HP: 75
Stamina: 63
Status: Normal[/quote]

Chaos Greyblood
December 19th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 60
MP: 108

"Ohh, jumalauta... How did in blue blazes end up in a place like this?"

I looked around as though I still couldn't believe that I'm now in the middle of a large cavern. It was tough to get my bearings since this feels... alien to me; but standing around isn't going to get me anywhere fast. I needed to start finding out where I was, how do I leave this place and if there are other people nearby that may assist me.

I also needed to find out how is it that I got all this way where. Did that mirror had something to do with this?

Just then, I heard a distant wail. It did not sound anything remotely human, and I dare say it wasn't friendly either. However, the wail could have come from anywhere and I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I had just arrived to this place, decked out with this strange clothing gear that made me look like some kind of character from a fantasy tale.

"Is it possible that something might be stalking me or...? Kusi! I need to move!"

And so, rather than just wait for whatever kind of being come for me to invite me to dinner (Of course, I'll be the meal), I'll just move on in order to ascertain its location and try to find a good place to take a good look at it and possibly spring an ambush. I may be stuck in a strange place I don't know about, but I'm far from being harmless.

I pace myself as I head towards the source of the sound. I just hope I find someone that will help me as well.

*Frederick starts heading towards the party's position, though it'll take just a bit to reach there.*

Finnish words:

jumalauta = combination of the words jumala for god and auta for help. Therefore, 'help me, God'.
kusi = It means urine, therefore 'piss'.

mewarmo990
December 19th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Kertys
HP: 75/75
MP: 45/45
Status: Normal

Before Kertys even had time to size up the first mage, he sensed another one next to him. And an elf, at that.

But the Templar's unease at any number of apostates was trivial compared to the sharp pang of alarm that traveled up his spine, as an entirely different type of scum appeared next.

Loco the chicken must have sensed them too because he made some more choking noises from the cavity where his head used to be.

Shades. Fell creatures of the Fade, more annoyances than serious threats, yet many an unprepared Templar had lost his life or sanity to the contemptible things.

But Kertys was always prepared to exterminate such outsiders; it was his life's calling, after all. As expected, two nearest Shades were instantly drawn to the elven mage.

All the better for me, thought the Templar as he tugged his trusty greatsword from the clasp on his back.


Engaging NE Shade; 90 HP

"Those who oppose thee / Shall know the wrath of heaven."

Uttering a verse from the sacred Chant of Light, Kertys focused his aggression into a strike of pure faith, as he strode fearlessly towards the nearest Shade. Unexpectedly, a roaring warrior (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1456-The-House-of-Silver-DragonAge-Nasuverse-RP-(IC)?p=526551&viewfull=1#post526551) charged past the Templar to bull rush the monster, sending it stumbling back. It was heartening to see that there were others willing to stem the flow of darkness in this goddess-forsaken place.

Strength born of sheer conviction surged into Kertys' arms, augmented by the lyrium in his veins. For a second it burned like liquid fire, but years of demon hunts had long since accustomed the Templar to such pain. He channeled that power into his greatsword, which began to glow white-blue with holy flame.

"Field and forest shall burn"

The words surged from his lips as he raised his sword in righteous fury.

"Lightning shall rain down from the sky"

Five feet of white-hot steel descended on the Shade.


Holy Smite: STR x4, enemy’s CUN is reduced to 0. AoE 8m. Costs 15 stamina

Attack Calculation
Opposed Check: STR + (CUN/2)

Rally: All team members +35 attack, +20 defense
Kertys: (45x4) + (16/2) + 35 = 223
NE Shade: 20 + 0 = 20
223 > 20; Hit

The blade clove into the Shade like a hot knife through butter... and then Kertys released the power condensed in his sword. A blast of condemning fire engulfed the Shade and rolled outwards to scorch the surrounding area, yet leaving the two mortal fighters unscathed.

"They shall cry out to their false gods"


Damage Calculation
Base: 223 - 20 = 203

++Righteous Smite: Damage x2 against mages and Fade creatures.

Templar: Damage +10 points against mages and Fade creatures

Righteous Strike (Passive): On hit, the Stamina/Mana costs for enemy Talent/Spells are increased by 10.
(203x2) + 10 = 416 damage
Effect: Target stamina/mana costs increased by 10

"And find silence."

Kertys
HP: 75/75
MP: 30/45
Status: Normal

Loco, ever supportive in battle, waddled up to the Shade's smoking remains. And shat.

Fangstrike
December 20th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Zephyr Rahnglaive
HP: 48
MP: 123

Shades, foul demons from the abyss of the Fade. The fiends wielded foul magics and were hard to kill. They were formidable enemies, and six had suddenly appeared before them. Thankfully, they were a group of nine; even so, numbers might not be enough if their skill wasn't up to par.

The enemies were too spread out for Zephyr to use his lightning spells. That was unfortunate. Looks like he'd have to take them out one at a time. His only other option was earth.

"Earth-minded soul, protect me," Zephyr chanted, causing a surge of protective energies to shroud his body in armor made of jagged rocks.


Zephyr casted Rock Armor.
MP cost = -10% (Sustained)
Effect = -30% damage

Now to turn his magical fury towards the nearest creature, who was apparently being attacked by a man and his wolf.

"Crash down on the wicked, Golem." Zephyr felt the subtle tremor of the earth beneath him. Instead of focusing it into defense, this time he'd use it solely for the destruction of his foe. It's mystical energy surging up his legs and to his right arm pointed at the wounded shade. Green lights wrapped around his arm, coalescing into a stone gauntlet, before it rocketed off his arm, soaring towards the shade.


Zephyr casted Golem's Fist
MP Cost = -10

Xaldin
December 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Vaine
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m630/Xaldin007/my_qunari_mage_by_victoriadaedra-d3dgvh5-1.jpg
HP: 90
Stamina: 69 (lol)

Enemies. Which means it was time to kill. Vaine picked his target, the northwest Shade past some elf with a bird he had failed to notice earlier. He dashed straight to him and begun his attack, lifting both his massive swords overhead and striking down on the monster with full force.


*Explosive Strike: STR&DEX&CUN become x2. Damage +20 points. Costs 10 stamina.
Vaine's Stats: (STR 40*2 = 80) (CUN 14*2 = 28)
Vaine's Attack: 80 + (28/2) + 20 = 114
Shade's Damage: 114 - 20 = 94
Shade's HP: 90 - 94 = -4 (DEAD)

His greatswords sliced straight through the Shade, crashing into the ground and causing rock to shatter into the air. "Hmph."

(OOC: I...did that right...right?)

Chaos Greyblood
December 22nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 60
MP: 108

There was sounds of struggle nearby as Frederick edged closer and closer towards the origin of the bluster that lied ahead. Weapons were clashing, a few explosions boomed forth, there were a few screams here and there and everything was turning out more racucious by each passing moment. Thinking that someone could be in trouble, the mage quickens his pace and tries to get there in order to try and sort out this problem.

I just hope I get there in time. There's no time to be hiding if someone's having a hard time!

Throwing caution to the wind, Frederick inches in closer and closer as the sight of battle greets him. There, he saw a strange group of people battling inhuman dark shapes that thrashed in and out while trying to strike down their prey. But it seems as though the predators were the ones who were having a hard time with the would-be victims. Most have fallen and the group doesn't look like they're breaking a sweat. The inhuman figures were dwindling in numbers as more of them are defeated. Frederick couldn't help but make this question to himself...

What in God's name has I stumbled myself into...?

Brynhilde
December 27th, 2011, 05:39 AM
A flashing of steel. A spark of fire. And a shout of gallantry.

The Shades that had appeared out of thin air was no match for the group, with its full of power fighters and mages.


Akira

Running, planting one foot in front of the other, Akira aimed at the western Shade.

Attack: 43 + (40/2) = 63
Shade's Defence: 10 + (10/2) = 15
Damage: 63 - 15 = 48
++ Martial Arts: Damage +20 ad +10% of opponent's STR
Damage: 48 + 20 + (20/10) = 70
++ Foul play: If Akira deals damage greater than 50% of the enemy’s HP in one blow, the enemy is stunned for the next turn.
Western Shade: CANNOT ATTACK FOR THE NEXT TURN.

The insubstantial Shade screamed as Akira's weapon went through him. This creature, though born of the Fade, can now affect the living world - and in turn can also be affected by those in the flesh. Overwhelmed by the flurry of Akira's rapid attack, it now wobbled on the spot, unable to make a move for a few moment.


Nemo

Southeastern Shade: HP: 90 -> 85
Southwestern Shade: HP: 90 -> 52.5 = 53


Mara

Eastern Shade: DEAD


Geneva

Northeastern Shade: Knocked back, wobbles backward, can't attack in the next turn.


Kertys

Northeastern Shade: DEAD


Zephyr

Zephyr: MP: 123 -> 110 (Rock Armour)

Stone Fist (+Golem's Fist) Attack: (48x2) + (10/5) = 101
Southeastern Shade Defence: 10 + (10/2) = 15
Damage: 101 - 15 = 86
Southeastern Shade HP: 85 - 86 = DEAD


Vaine

Northwestern Shade: DEAD

Conclusion

Western Shade: Can't attack in the next turn.
Southwestern Shade: HP down to 53.

50%

The sorthwestern Shade, having survived Nemo's attack, continued its gallop towards Lisa. With the rest of the players in the western area deciding not to interrupt it, it soon glided to its destination. Raising its phantasmal claws, it screeched, and sank them deep into the female magus's flesh.

Shade Attack: 20 + (10/2) = 25
Lisa's Defence: 10 + (10/2) = 15
Lisa receives 10 damage. HP: 45 -> 35

Sei
December 27th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Lisa Fair
Time Unknown
Location Unknown
Normal/HP: 45/MP: 105


"...Just what the heck is going on?"

A girl nearby asked the same thing which was running in through his head, snapping him back to 'reality', or whatever he could call this.
Perhaps, Akira wondered, that thought was running around quicker than his, and inadvertently tripped, fell and slid out of her mouth?

"Oh?" He mused, as a slight chuckle and an amused smile formed in his lips.
"I guess I'm not the only one who feels like they've gone nuts, huh."

While in the middle of my thoughts, a young boy approaches me out of the darkness. Unlike the others, he seems to bear a familiar air about him. Well... enough to say that he was the smallest oddity of the bunch. The boy is wearing what looks like traditional Japanese clothing with a pair of swords on his side. If I didn't know better, I'd have to call him an old-fashioned samurai. Someone really out of place in this day and age...but I'm not sure if thoughts like that apply at the moment.

With his approach the boy speaks a couple of words, but for some reason I can't quite make them out. I only manage to catch bits and pieces of his statements and make sense of them through my own ideas. The boy is from the same "place" as I am. Whether or not that is just a regional area or something else entirely still needs to be determined...

I could always try to use my family's Quantum magecraft to get an idea of where we are, but without any familiar landmarks to give me a concrete idea of where I am, I could easily mess up the calculations and end up with something unfavorable lodge through my gut... Not a happy thought...


"Did you happen to find anything more than that?"

Interrupting me before I dive too deep into thought, the boy asks me a question- all of which I'm able to hear.

"Um...well," not having a statement prepared, I stumble for words, "I'm not entirely sure, but..."

Before I can even finish my sentence, an errie feeling sweeps over me.


A wind blew past, bringing with it a shuddering chill.

And in the whisper of the wind, you hear a dark, shapeless murmur.

Gentle, nostalgic, you couldn't help but listen to it, to strain your ears toward this forgotten memory, this familiar whisper. It chanted in a low, forlorn voice, its gentleness drawing you in, reminding you of the lazy way autumn night winds would often blow, the flaccid way the sun wound shine through the windows in a spring afternoon. The voice was carried in the air, as if the entire cavern around you had suddenly woken up and began to chant its ancient song, as it you've immersed yourself into this sea of remeniscence, unwilling to ever let go -

Then, this sea gurgled.

Gurgled. Retched. Drowned.

The sound changed in the wind. What was fair now put the people in the courtyard in full alert. A foul wind now blew, accompanied by shireks of rage and anger. The Warriors instinctively hoisted their weapons, the rogues crouched, and the mages clutched their staffs even harder.

Six Shades appeared - lost demons, summoned from beyond the Veil but failing to possess a body, vengeful spirits who only wants to kill - emerged out of the ground, screaming in their deafening noises at the same time. The nine of you, having just woken up, barely had a chance to take a deep breath before finding yourselves face to face with your first foe.

Falling deeper into a sea of confusion, I find myself paralyzed. My mind continues to devote itself to the idea that this is all an illusion while my instincts scream at me to wake up from my momentary doldrum. I watch as the warriors around me lunge into action almost immediately. It was almost as if they were accustomed to such a thing... Even the young boy draws his sword after only a moment's notice... All the while, I'm standing still trying to wrap my head around the situation...

"Familiars...? No. Magecraft? It has to be..."

My thoughts escape into the air- forced out by the hundreds of questions plagueing my mind. How did it come to this? Wasn't I just supposed to deliver a package? Who are these people and what are these things? How did I get here and just what the hell is going on!? My head feels like it's going to split open just thinking about it all! I'm disoriented and starting to feel sick...

For awhile, all I can do is watch the brilliant display of might and magic as I regain the feeling in my limbs. But just as I do, one of the creatures weaves its way through the onslaught and rushes straight towards me. My fight-or-flight response sends my senses into overtime and years of self-defense knowledge pours into every muscle of my being. There's no time for me to properly dodge. So all I can do is brace myself and block the monster's attack. Sliding one leg back and bringing both my arms up front, I brace myself for the impact.


The sorthwestern Shade, having survived Nemo's attack, continued its gallop towards Lisa. With the rest of the players in the western area deciding not to interrupt it, it soon glided to its destination. Raising its phantasmal claws, it screeched, and sank them deep into the female magus's flesh.

Shade Attack: 20 + (10/2) = 25
Lisa's Defence: 10 + (10/2) = 15
Lisa receives 10 damage. HP: 45 -> 35

The creature's claws tear through my forearms and left side sending a wave of pain throughout my body. Luckily for me, I'm able to shift my weight backwards at the last second having seen the arc of the monster's strike. Had I not done that, I'd be much worse off than I am now. In the brief instant where that feral creature's claws touched me, I could tell just how powerful this thing was. If this monster is a construction of magecraft, then it would take an extremely powerful magus to make six of these...

"Sa'Roir!"

Not allowing myself to be caught off guard again, I immediately jump back and launch my own offensive. With a single verse- a simple incantation, I launch a spell with the flick of a wrist which sends a fireball speeding directly at my assailant.

50%
[Assault Fire] Cost 13 MP

Lisa's Attack: 40 + (10/2) = 45
Shade's Defense: 10 + (10/2) = 15
Damage: 45 - 15 = 30
++ Fireball deals damage x2. Damage: 30 x 2 = 60
Southwestern Shade receives 60 damage. HP: 53 -> DEAD

50%
End Result:
Lisa Fair
Normal/HP: 35/MP: 92

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 60
MP: 108

Okay, take a deep breath now, Frederick. Let these moments you have witnessed sink in and assess the situation.

The last of these godforsaken creatures literally is going down in blazes as a femage mage burned it down with what looked to be a fireball that was cast out of her hands. Did she look like someone he knew or was it just his imagination? Having calmed down after all of this time, Frederick Laukannen steps out of the hiding place and goes to meet up with the group, hopeful that they could provide them with answers.

He walks at a quick pace towards the group and raises his hands, indicating that he means no harm to anyone involved. "Hey, are you survivors stranded in this god-forsaken place? I was hoping any of you could give me answers about this place because I know nothing on how exactly have I arrived here or even if I'm on the same planet or something. Let's see if we can figure something out."

With this, Frederick joins up with this motley crew and starts to get himself ready. He knows not what awaits him in this large and dank place, but the one certainty he has is that he will not go through this alone. At the very least, it's a lot better to survive with people rather than go about aimlessly in the dark waiting to be killed by God only knows what's inside this cave.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Kadaj
HP: 36
Stamina: 42

After witnessing the little skirmish I think it's safe to say to start introducing myself seeing I did nothing but watch. I begant to stand up and wipe any dust or dirt off my backside and casually walked towards the group.

"Well that was an impressive performance." I said as I applauded them in earnst while smiling under my mask and hood. "Though I feel that if we stay here any longer more or those things and maybe something much worse will come along so let's say our introductions and move on."

Brynhilde
January 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
Group
Day 1
Entrance Courtyard

With the Shades being nothing more than insubstantial carcasses, the group heaved a heavy sign of relief. The healers in the group got to bandage Lisa's wounds, and those who had just exerted themselves to finish a Shade in one blow took in deep breaths to calm themselves. The battle was over, and no enemy remained in sight.

All HP and Stamina/MP return to Max.

The majority of the group still looked at each other cautiously, uncertain of each other's origins or intentions - and let's not forget the Templar that still eyed the mages with his headless chicken in tow. But even so, many of them heard the wisdom in Kadaj's words - in this mysterious Thaig, with no one seeming to know what will happen in the next second, dallying in in this open Central Courtyard was not going to be wise.

Solid walls of rock surrounded the Courtyard, with only one path from which Frederick came through. Directly in front of the group loomed a massive gate, leading to what was no doubt the main building of the Thaig. The doors, iron and gilded with what seemed pure silver, stood gleaming with a blue hue in the dimness of the near-pitch black courtyard. Some of you went up and tested it, only to find it tightly bolted from within. Seeing no other ways to get out of this area and into some structure that offered proper protection, the group finally decided to open it by force.


Options for opening the Thaig's main gates

Force: The door can be rammed open with a STR stat of 80 or higher. More than 1 Warrior can ram together to achieve this stat.
Skill: The door cannot be picked by any Rogue, being bolted.
Arcane: The door can be blasted open with a MGI stat of 60 or higher. More than 1 Mage can attack together to achieve this stat. However, with you having just ran into a hoard of Shades, who knows if some otherworldly presence still lingered near...?

Chaos Greyblood
January 3rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Group
Day 1
Entrance Courtyard

Having introduced himself as Frederick Laukannen, he listened intently to the people that introduced themselves so that he's able to remember their names. Socializing for a bit won't hurt anybody and he feels that he's going to be in this cave for a while. Cooperation and preparation will see them through this journey.

Frederick looks at the door with certain detail. The door looked sturdy enough even though it looks like no human hands have reached it for years; the lock didn't look too promising and has worn down so much anyone with lockpicks would end up breaking them unintentionally. Finally, it seems you need some kind of strong force in order to break in, though doing it silently is out of the question.

"Well, this thing is ancient and opening it won't go smoothly. Does anyone have a good idea how to open this large door?"

Spooky
January 3rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Mara (Elf Force/Fire Mage)
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/spooky316/3669191.png
HP - 33
MP - 99/99

Well, that was certainly surprising. Though, maybe it shouldn't be. An abandoned Thaig does seem like the perfect place for a group of shades to be haunting. I guess I'm still a little on edge from the trip through the Eluvian. With good reason, since it wasn't supposed to be working at all. And why was it, anyway? It doesn't make any sense. I know Merrill-


"Though I feel that if we stay here any longer more or those things and maybe something much worse will come along so let's say our introductions and move on." I blushed and hugged my staff tightly. That's something I don't like. Sometimes I get so caught up in my thoughts that I lose track of what's going on.

I edged away from Templar into the general direction of the pretty pink-haired woman, still clutching my staff against my body. It seems we're all stuck here so we should try to get along, but being this close to a Templar still gives me the chills. Not to mention I get rather shy when I'm with a lot of people I don't know. Now that the fight's over those feelings seem to have re-emerged. I managed to push them down for the moment, luckily.

"Hello," I said softly, my Dalish upbringing showing through in my voice. "My name's Mara. It's nice to meet all of you," I finished, glancing down at the floor.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Geneva Arland
Day 0


"Well that was an impressive performance." I said as I applauded them in earnst while smiling under my mask and hood. "Though I feel that if we stay here any longer more or those things and maybe something much worse will come along so let's say our introductions and move on."

"Agreed." The masked man makes a good point. Why stick around the demon-invested cavern with no cover? "I've spoken with the Qunari, but we ought to do this properly. Geneva Arland, at all your services."


HP: 75
Stamina: 63
Status: Normal

mewarmo990
January 4th, 2012, 03:49 AM
The Courtyard

Kertys (Templar) & Loco (Chicken)
HP: 75/75
Stamina: 45/45

The final Shade destroyed, Kertys lowered his sword as the group's tension wound down and people began to notice that not everyone was a demon in this courtyard. That the apostate mages fought back against the Shades only meant that they had not yet been seduced, but Kertys wasn't willing to bet his life on that chance. It's not like he could let his guard down around a strange mage, anyway.

Kertys took a moment to look over this most... motley group. Humans, elves, warriors, mages... and some garbed in clothes he had never seen before. Some of the strangely dressed ones were even speaking in a tongue he could understand, though it had a strange lilt to it that he couldn't quite place.

Still, he agreed when the hooded one called Kadaj suggested they move on. "Whatever the case, we need to get out of this killing ground, now. The apostates slinging their spells with abandon don't help, but any place that attracts this many demons is no place for a sane mortal to linger."

The mages nonetheless had reason to be nervous, so Kertys sheathed his sword. Turning to the others, the Templar raised his hands in a conciliatory gesture and introduced himself. "I am Kertys, Knight-Lieutenant of the Kirkwall Chantry. As long as you're not one of those monsters, you have nothing to fear from me. ...Nothing personal against you mages, but I'd use your magic sparingly from now on, for all our sakes."

Now, to address the problem of the ornate portal that, by all indications, only led deeper into a dwarven thaig. Unfortunately, it seemed to be their only way out.

Again readying his defenses against magical traps, Kertys gingerly tried the door. It seemed to be firmly bolted. On top of that, he could feel some sort of magical emanation coming from it - lyrium, no doubt. Dwarven runic enchantments, perhaps? He didn't dare force it without coming up with a plan first.

"I don't see any locking mechanism we can get to from here, but given enough time we could probably force our way through this. I'd definitely need some help, though," the Templar mused.

Loco expectantly hopped in front of his master. Could this be the chicken's chance to show his true worth...!?

----- 5 minutes later -----

Kertys had to dive on Loco and physically shove him into the pack to keep the chicken from charging at the massive gates again.

"Yes Loco, we know you're the bravest one here." He couldn't help but smile as a muffled yet proud squawk came from the bag.

I think I've got a feel for this door now... it looks well-reinforced and is almost certainly warded or trapped against magical entry. But what if I...

"Though all before me is shadow / Yet shall the Maker be my guide."


*Cleanse: Removes the effect of all spells in a diameter of 6m. Costs 10 stamina.

"The templar purges the area of hostile magic."

Muttering a holy chant, the Templar induced that familiar sensation of concentration/penitence, and placed his hand on the silver gate.

"Only the Word dispels the darkness upon us."

HP: 75/75
Stamina: 35/45

Blackdeath6031
January 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Akira
Time & Date Unknown
Entrance Courtyard
HP: 30
Stamina: 30

Slipping his staff into its holster on his back as he finds himself being the last to finish, he let out a sigh, internally telling himself "Better luck next time." before shrugging.

He did catch a few glances at each of the others and how they fought, however.

"My~," He let out a short, jovial laugh as he scratched the back of his head. "You people all fight so well! I'd be no match for any of you, surely!"

Indeed, he found himself rather mesmerised - almost to be point of being distracted - at how powerful and shockingly awe inspiring their capabilities were. Perhaps that was the reason why he had finished his own....beast off so slowly, he mused.

But what caught his attention the most was the girl he had thought was just as normal as he is. Given how she managed to conjure up a ball of fire from her hands with no effort at all made him realise that perhaps that wasn't so true.


"Though I feel that if we stay here any longer more or those things and maybe something much worse will come along so let's say our introductions and move on."

Hearing one of the supposedly strange men - though Akira couldn't be certain if that label was proper, with the man hiding his head under a hood, and his face a mask - Akira nodded, just as several men began to give the basic customs when meeting people for the first time.

"Hello, my name's Mara. It's nice to meet all of you."

"Agreed. I've spoken with the Qunari, but we ought to do this properly. Geneva Arland, at all your services."

"I am Kertys, Knight-Lieutenant of the Kirkwall Chantry. As long as you're not one of those monsters, you have nothing to fear from me. ...Nothing personal against you mages, but I'd use your magic sparingly from now on, for all our sakes."

Hearing a few words made Akira's ears twitch, as he found his curiosity getting the better of him, despite his training. But he decided to let it slip for now.

"I don't get whatcha lot mean about 'Qunari' or 'Knight-Lieutenant' or 'Kirkwall Chantry', but I guess that this stage none of that matters at this point, huh?"
The boy let out a carefree laugh before making his own introductions.
"Anyway, pleased to be of acquaintance to all of you. I'm Akira. I'd probably be the simplest of all of us here, though, with all those pretty fireworks and other flashy stuff all of you were throwing about. Nonetheless, let's all get along here, kay?"

Waiting for the rest to make their introductions, as well as for a resolution on how they would open the door, Akira simply stood there smiling. However, he could not remove his curiosity of these strangers. But what drew his attention the most, no doubt, was the girl. Seemingly the most normal of all of them in terms of what he's used to in the world, yet proven different in her capabilities and upbringing.

Xaldin
January 5th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Vaine
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m630/Xaldin007/my_qunari_mage_by_victoriadaedra-d3dgvh5-1.jpg
HP: 90
Stamina: 69 (lol)

And just like that, everyone gave off thier names left and right. Well, it did look like they were stuck in this together for a while so he may as well announce himself as well.

"My name is Vaine. Nice to meet you all." He tried to force a tone of cheerfulness in his words but suspected he failed horribly.

mewarmo990
January 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Kertys (Templar) & Loco (Chicken)
HP: 75/75
Stamina: 35/45

The slightest tinge of fatigue overtook Kertys as the templar completed his cleansing rite on the door. But...

He could still feel magical emanations from the door. Was it an innate quality of its dwarven construction, or perhaps some higher order of magic that his abilities couldn't influence? Kertys doubted the latter - even the most powerful Tower magi feared the Templar Order and their well-known ability to suppress and control the flow of mana. He paused for a few minutes to study the heavy gates.

Sensing another opportunity to enter the halls of avian glory, Loco freed himself from the protective embrace of Kertys knapsack and began another headlong charge at the door, before the warrior snatched him up by what was left of the chicken's neck, and stuffed him back in the bag.

"Looks like we're doing this the hard way," the templar sighed as he braced himself to pry the door open. "Someone want to give me a hand with this?"


STR Check: 45
Waiting for assistance

HP: 75/75
Stamina: 35/45

SeiKeo
January 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Geneva Arland
Day 0

The Templar began to shove at the door, trying to move it open. That's... actually, that's not as stupid as I might think. Dwarven engineering probably balanced the doors pretty well, and we have quite a few strong types.

Walking up near him, I braced my shield against the door and shoved, as if in a shield wall.

Brynhilde
January 18th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Group
Day 1
Entrance Courtyard

With a groan, the door shuddered as both the Templar and the lady knight heaved against the strong Dwarven build panels, pressing all their might against the ancient construct.

Kertys STR = 45
Geneva STR = 27
Total: 45 + 27 = 72

The group could hear the creaking and splintering of wood beyond the door as the two warriors exerted against the door, armour on wood, sinew against steel. The door shivered as Geneva put her shield to it, rocking slightly backwards with the pressure, yet did not yield.

They were not there. Not yet.

Even the combined power of these two warriors didn't break the age-old gates of the Dwarves, erected in times that men have long forgotten. But it was close, very close. They could almost feel the door giving away, its resistence tettering on the edge. All they needed was for someone - anyone, even a rogue or a mage - to lend a hand.

As the group's attention focussed on the task at hand, some of the magi couldn't help but notice how the ashes of the Shades did not fade back into nothingness, but smoldered and glowed in a dull, orange light. Trepidation made many slowly creep away from the carcasses of their defeated foes and move closer to the warriors forcing the door. If the gates are not opened soon... no one knows what may then appear in this outer courtyard.

Chaos Greyblood
January 19th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Group
Day 1
Entrance Courtyard

The door seems to start to budge as both warriors used their combined strength to try and move it. There was mild success as the door creaked, but it wasn't totally opened yet. However, there was something in the environment that made Frederick uneasy.

"What is this I'm feeling? Are you all sensing this?"

It was then he managed to find the source after taking a moment in looking for it. Some of the ashes of the strange creatures that were seemingly destroyed haven't truly faded at all; something else was begining to form as an orange light was glowing at the vicinity. A sense of urgency creeps up to the group as the light slowly begins to take shape.

"I think you'd better hurry in opening that door now. I don't care how you do it, we need to move and we should do so now!" Frederick warned the group as his eyes began to open wide. "Who knows what's going to come at us once that strange light finishes up." As taught during his childhood, everything in the world is improbable but nothing is impossible. Frederick was about to be witness to that fact if the warriors fail to open the door.

Blackdeath6031
January 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Akira
Day 1
HP: 30
Stamina: 30
Entrance Courtyard

Letting out a sigh, he stepped forward.

"Fine, fine. I suppose we have little choice then?"

Making a light chuckle, he placed each hand on either half of the door and pushed.
"I had thought that everyone here were miraculously strong and powerful compared to me, but I suppose such things also have their limits, huh?"

Nodding as he strained and tensed his muscles, forcing the door to move that little bit more.
"I suppose that makes me feel less left out, but I wonder how we'll do later on then~."

Brynhilde
January 21st, 2012, 12:55 AM
Group
Day 1
Entrance Courtyard

"One - two - three!"

Kertys STR = 45
Geneva STR = 27
Akira STR = 10
Total: 45 + 27 + 10 = 82

With a screeching creak, the ropes that held the bolt together behind the door snapped and burst open, releasing the hold it had exerted on the wood and steel thanks to the group of intruder's combined efforts. The enchanted silver etched on the door shimmered, as if in protest of the violent entry, but nothing untoward seemed to have been triggered. Grunting, swearing under their breath, the two warriors who led the way in opening the door kept pushing until the doors fell back on their own accord, revealing the insides of the mysterious thaig for all to see.

What greeted them was another courtyard, much bigger in size and in grandeur compared to the one they have just left. Much like a human town, streets stretched out from this Central Courtyard, and rows upon rows of what one may assume to be municipal buildings lined the immediate surroundings of the place. Directly in front of them was a tall infrastructure with the bearing of being the main gathering spot of the thaig, a Town Hall perhaps. Upon close inspection, the cave of the thaig was not all flat and smooth. The Central Courtyard was like a central depression of some sort, with the floor of the thaig slowly sloping upwards into the invisible ceiling. In those high, distant districts, the group could spy what seemed like splendid villas and gardens that lined and curved around the slope of the underground hills, perching above the common areas just like the stereotypically snobby dwarven nobles are rumoured to be. However, a chasm was present between those High Districts and the Central Courtyard with Municipal Areas, with the two being connected only with three broad bridges. The majority of dwarven thaigs utilised the light and warmth of chthonian lava rivers to heat and light the town, therefore many in the group had assumed the chasm to house a similar river of fire.

The town was lit rather brightly with a white light coming from below and from within the chasm, after all.

Hurrying into the gates, the group had little time to make that their first priority. Once all of the group entered the thaig proper, the nimble-fingered of the group re-tied the ropes that previous held the thick wooden bolt and secured the door once again, relieved to be out of that ominous Entrance Courtyard.

But...

"Vile puppets of blood mages! I won't let a single one of you into this thaig!!!!!"

Before the group realised what was happening, a shower of arrows was already upon them together with an enraged, desperate scream that echoed in the emptiness of the vast thaig.

The two more hardy warriors quickly heaved their shields above their heads, while the fleet-footed Rogues set about dodging the onslaught of arrows. Some magi rushed to set up a protective barrier, but none were fast enough.

Gursha Dios
HP: 48
Stamina: 45

*Hail of Arrows: AoE. This attack lasts for the next 3 turns as well as this turn. Costs 10 stamina.
Attack = DEX + (CUN/2) = 41 + (37/2) = 41 + 18.5 = 59.5
+Recurve of Acceptance (Longbow) – +25 to attack. +35 to damage.
+Blood-Soaked Armour set (light armour) – Damage +20.
+A Scoundrel’s Promise (ring) – +15 attack.
Attack = 59.5 + 25 + 15 = 99.5
Damage +55 points

Stamina: 45 -> 35



Akira
Defence = 43 + (40/2) = 63
99.5 - 63 = 36.5 damage
Total damage received = 36.5 + 55 = 91.5
Critical condition!


Kadaj
Defence = 40 + (34/2) = 57
99.5 - 57 = 42.5 damage
Total damage received = 42.5 + 55 = 97.5
Critical condition!


Zephyr
Defence = 10 + (10/2) = 15
99.5 - 15 = 84.5 damage
Supposed total damage received = 84.5 + 55 = 139.5
*Rock Armor (Sustained): Damage is reduced -25%. Reserves 10% of prana.
Total damage received = 139.5 x 0.75 = 104.63
Critical condition!


Kertys
Defence = 10 + (16/2) = 18
99.5 - 18 = 81.5 damage
Total damage received = 81.5 + 55 = 136.5
Critical condition!


Vaine
Defence = 10 + (14/2) = 17
99.5 - 17 = 82.5 damage
Total damage received = 82.5 + 55 = 137.5
Critical condition!


Nemo
Defence = 35 + (50/2) = 60
99.5 - 60 = 39.5 damage
Total damage received = 39.5 + 55 = 94.5
Critical condition!

Nemo's wolf
Defence = 20 + (20/2) = 30
99.5 - 30 = 69.5 damage
Total damage received = 69.5 + 55 = 124.5
Died


Geneva
Defence = 22 + (15/2) = 29.5
99.5 - 29.5 = 70 damage
Total damage received = 70 + 55 = 125
Critical condition!


Mara
Defence = 11 + (14/2) = 18
99.5 - 18 = 81.5
Supposed total damage received = 81.5 + 55 = 136.5
*Unshakable (Passive): All physical damage becomes three-quarters of the original amount.
Total damage received = 136.5 x 0.75 = 102.38
Critical condition!


Lisa
Defence = 10 + (10/2) = 15
99.5 - 15 = 84.5 damage
Supposed total damage received = 84.5 + 55 = 139.5
+Mixed Martial Arts – All physical damage against her are reduced by 25%
+Military Training – All physical attacks against her are reduced by 20 points.
Total damage received = (139.5 x 0.75) - 20 = 84.63
Critical condition!


Frederick
Defence = 13 + (15/2) = 20.5
99.5 - 20.5 = 79 damage
Total damage received = 79 + 55 = 134
Critical condition!

Within moments, the moans and screams of the team filled the air.

The archer was somewhere high in the top floor of the Town Hall. None could see her properly, and by now all were too weak to do much else. Perhaps... the last chance the group may have would be to speak with her and urge her to change her mind, and convince her that they were not her foe. Otherwise, all may be lost forever...

Sei
January 21st, 2012, 10:12 PM
Lisa Fair
Day 1,Time Unknown
Courtyard
Critical/HP: 1/MP: 111

What happened? Where am I? I can't seem to recall everything... All I remember is a bright light followed by intense pain. Enough pain to kill me twice over. Enough pain to shutdown my body to keep everything from being lost.

A nauseating swirl of vivid crimson and pitch darkness fills my vision. The pain that my body felt in that instant was death. This prolonged moment that I find myself experiencing now...is likely my farewell to the world...

But I don't want this.

I don't want any of this!

Why should I have to die hear!? What did I ever do to deserve something like this!? As the images and memories of recent events begin to play like a reel, I just can't seem to make sense out of any of it. All I was doing was a simple delivery to an agency. The next thing I know, I'm waking up in a cavern surrounded by strangers and weird creatures! I'm attacked before I even have a chance to realize what's happening and injured to boot! But despite that all, we managed to somehow establish ourselves as a sort of 'team' with a common goal. We all wanted answers.

"G-..."

When I came to, I'd been dumped into a world full of questions to which I had no answers. I wanted to write it all of as a dream...But this numbness and the life flowing from my body is very real. It's telling me that I'm going to perish ignorant of my situation.

"G-..."

Am I being punished for the things I've done? The story of my life continues to rewind before my eyes, posing a new question. All I know is my family's dream; nothing else. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to make my father proud of me. Even if I wasn't supposed to be the family heir, I was okay so long as dad would smile at me. I blindly supported his dream to see that smile and gain his praise. So blindly in fact...that I...

"Gah!"

Everything I've been bottling up inside finally begins to force its way out of my throat. Fear, anger, confusion, sorrow; it all works its way up with a pitiful sound and more of my blood. I'm scared and I don't want to die. I can admit that now, more than anything. I'm not the soldier my father wants me to be. And I never was...

"Goddammit!"

My sight slowly returns through a lens of crimson. I can't see much, but I can see the ground on which I lay and the bodies of others. There are arrows scattered everywhere. And to complement this image, stands a warrior wielding a bow.

"Could someone please explain to me just what the hell is going on!?"

Chaos Greyblood
January 21st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 1
MP: 108
Day 1, Courtyard
Group

It was all too sudden, the rain of arrows came down on the entire group as though it was some kind of bombardment that felt like a torrent from a hellish dark age. It was quite impressive and terrifying to know that something or someone could do such a thing to a group of nearly 10 people and cause so much damage. It was too much and if he were a lesser being, the shock alone would finish him off in minutes and something had to be done quickly.

Naturally, he rasps curses in his language by impulse as this terrifying event happened right in front of his eyes, as crude as it sounds and yet it somehow fits the situation. Shaking his head hard as though this action will remove the numbness from his mind, Frederick sits up as much as he can while his body feels like a big lump of lead and tries his own spells in order to survive. If he doesn't heal himself quickly, he's dead for sure.

No way... there's no way I'm going to die. I'm not going to accept this! Not until I figure out what the hell is going on!!

*Frederick uses Healing Arts on himself. He invests 25 MP in order to heal 37 HP (25 x 1.5 = 37.5 or 37 HP [If the formula is incorrect, let me know])*

He manages to stand up and restore himself a bit, thus getting himself in a better condition than he was, for he was no longer dying. Next, he hears a voice from someone nearby. It was a female mage that could barely stand and let her demands be known as she screamed to the would-be-attacker or attackers, whoever and whereever he, she or they may be and go towards her quickly before something else could happen.

"Hold on here! Let me treat your wounds right now." He called towards the female mage as he got to where she is. "No, don't turn around yet. Keep your eyes to where you're looking and let me treat you. You look like a mage and I hope you can heal because it's highly likely I won't be able to finish up these duties alone. Let's get to it now!"

*Frederick uses Healing Arts on Lisa Fair. He invests 25 MP in order to heal 37 HP (25 x 1.5 = 37.5 or 37 HP)*

As he finished up healing the mage, he looks to the same direction as her and gives a holler. "Whoever has done this, please cease this attack now, for goodness' sake!! I just barely got here with these people and we just had a fight with some... shadowy creatures outside the door! I don't know where I am or what's this place and I met these people looking for help! If you know something and find it in your heart to spare us, please show yourself! We're in no shape to counterattack and you'd gain nothing from attacking people that really didn't mean any harm!"

Frederick hoped this plea does not fall to deaf ears. There is no way he can fight the attacker while leaving the others to die and rot. He'd be worse off than he ever was when he first arrived here and this would only serve to swallow his current situation all the harder and perhaps even drive him further into death.

HP: 38
MP: 58

mewarmo990
January 22nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Kertys & Loco
HP: 75/75
MP: 30/45


"Vile puppets of blood mages! I won't let a single one of you into this thaig!!!!!"

"Maleficar? Where!? To arms!"

Upon hearing the cry from beyond the doors he had just helped push open, Kertys dropped everything he was doing and again pulled his greatsword out. He whirled around, scanning for threats among the magi. I knew it!

"Wait, I don't see any-"


Defence = 10 + (16/2) = 18
99.5 - 18 = 81.5 damage
Total damage received = 81.5 + 55 = 136.5
Critical condition!

Before Kertys could finish his thought, a wash of arrows fell like rain all about him. Some pinged off his armor, but a good deal more punched through his mail, driving the warrior to his knees. He collapsed to the cold stone, shock overtaking his body even has he grasped the full extent of the trap their group had quite literally walked into.

A muffled squawk issued from his knapsack as Loco ventured forth in search of greener pastures, the structural integrity of his leathery prison now compromised. Noticing the distress of his master, the chicken poked at Kertys ear. urging him to rise.

"It's no use, Loco... whoever they are, they got us. It's up to you now, old friend... Vanquish our foes. But convince them to quit shooting us first, if possible."

With a final sigh, Kertys surrendered to the painless slumber of unconsciousness.

Kertys
HP: 0/75
MP: 30/45
Status: Critical

Indeed, the time had finally come for Loco, son of Poco, to show his quality. Denying fear, laughing squawking in the face of Death itself, the headless rooster puffed up his chest, and strode to face this unknown nemesis.

Blackdeath6031
January 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Akira
Day 1
HP: 0/Stamina: 30/Condition CRITICAL
Entrance Courtyard

"Vile puppets of blood mages! I won't let a single one of you into this thaig!!!!!"

....Ah--

A rain of lines showered from above. Truly, the lines were more sticks - shafts to be precise.

But to describe them as lines might work nonetheless.

The overwhelming power and hopelessness made him freeze.

As the arrows pierced his flesh, the scene could almost be called amusing. Just like a person stepping on - no, shooting a highly pressurised can of tomato juice with a BB gun. Of course, the description of 'amusing' is solely subjective, and would probably depend on whether you were the shooter, a nearby spectator, a faraway spectator...
...Or, as was the case now, the can of juice.

However, that made Akira freeze even more - maybe to the point of Absolute Zero.
After all, his eyes, which had saved him all this time, failed to do so this once. Had he not been lucky enough to survive, that one miss would have been the last miss too.

His feet weren't fast enough tor react either.

Frustration welled up from within him.
No, not just frustration.
Because, Akira knew this for certain - if he did things the way he had while he is in here, he would die.

Yes. Die.
But his reason for doing things wouldn't change then.
After all, all his actions were to survive.

But he lacked the ability to move.

"Kuh...GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH"
He let out a roar of pain.

Then, gritting his teeth he reached out and slowly pulled out the arrows still lodged into his body, grunting with pain at each action.

Brynhilde
January 24th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Gursha Dios
Day 1
Central Courtyard

High above the courtyard, a painful, laboured breathing could be heard.

The archer's hand shivered as she struggled to keep the bow steady, her eyes blurred with tears as she strove to keep her sight focussed on the enemy below. Her ears caught their screams and moans, heard the desperate sounds of these people as they pleaded her to stop her attack. Her entire body shook as she recalled all the slaughter that she had noticed, all the horrors that had devoured all her hope, and how she had resolved to die protecting the sanctity of this place.

Putting renewed strength into her arms, she strained the string of her bow once again, this time aiming particularly at the mage who had already healed himself.

Mages, as she recall, need to go down first.

"... I... do not believe you. You may well be the puppets of that mad mage outside, controlling Shades and Demons and seeking nothing more than to erase the truth of this place!"

[waiting for Frederick to respond]

Blackdeath6031
January 24th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Akira
Day 1
HP: 0/Stamina: 30/Condition CRITICAL
Entrance Courtyard

pant pant

Having finally pulled out all of the arrows, his head drooped, and he looked at the ground.

pant pant

...Ha...

pant pant

...Ha ha...

pant pant

...Ahahahaha...

pant pant

"Hahahaha haha...."

snap

"Mad?"

Akira looked up at the source of the voice.
His eyes widened as he slowly revealed a toothy grin.

"Mad...mage...?"

He couldn't help it any longer.

"Ha...hahahaha....."

Pausing a moment, he closed his eyes and took a deep breathe.

"I...see..."

Pushing himself up onto his feet, Akira quietly let out laughter - when obviously, there was nothing to laugh at - and slowly dragged, limping and supporting himself on any walls he could reach for, back toward the gate.

"...So that's who attacked us...
That's who chased us into this cruel land...
...and..."

He sniffed, gritting his teeth as he fought back eye water which he had long since forgotten.

"The one who brought us to this nonsensical world...!"

Xaldin
January 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Vaine
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m630/Xaldin007/my_qunari_mage_by_victoriadaedra-d3dgvh5-1.jpg
HP: 0
Stamina: 69 (lol)

...Ow.

That was about the only thought that Vaine could come up with as he and the rest of the people here were shot down in an instant. He didn't know where the attack came from, just that he had several arrows in him. It was times like this he'd wish he wore just a bit more armor... He began pulling out arrows one by one, slowly, as he heard the voice of a woman respond to one of the male's plea to stop shooting.

Man, what the hell was this? Shot down by someone you didn't even see in a place you don't even know? Pitiful... He felt a little ashamed that he wasn't able to at least dodge a few attacks.

Well, not like he could do anything now. He just had to hope the woman decided to not fire anymore arrows. Otherwise, they're all dead.

Chaos Greyblood
January 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 38
MP: 58
Day 1, Courtyard
Group

What's this about Blood Mages, Shades and puppets? Frederick couldn't understand the attacker's ramblings at first, but he could hear the tone having changed for a bit. It sounded as though there was a certain fear in the voice. Is it possible that the attacker was paranoid and had seen something horrible before? Frederick kept his field of vision forward, hoping he could be able to see the attack coming and try to use a spell to defend the group as they lay dying just behind him. If he doesn't bring this problem into a less complicated outcome, everyone dies.

"I have never heard of such a thing or person like a 'Blood Mage' as you called it, if it indeed is a person." Frederick called out to the attacker and tries to make sure another attack doesn't take place. "As I have told you, I've only arrived at this place and I don't even know what is what or which way is where, nevermind some kind of truth about this cave! As per the creatures you've mentioned, I am a witness and in my family's name, I can tell you that these... things attacked the group first without any provocation whatsoever. Also, there was going to be another being that was about to attack us and we only barely managed to escape, only to have encountered something a lot worse that either these Shades or that other thing behind the door." He added a tone of reproach at the attacker on the last few bits of his statement, knowing well that perhaps it would have been better to have faced that creature of light rather than this horrifying ambush. At least they may have seen it coming. It is one thing going out of the frying pan and into the fire, but being struck down by someone on the basis of inaccurate asumptions and jumping to conclusions all too quickly was another and if he gets this right, Frederick suspects that the attacker may actually know something about this place. He calmed down and resolves to end this fruitless fight.

"You must listen to my plea and reason with me. I may not know these people totally, but the one thing I do know is that they are completely in the dark when it comes to this place and I'm no better off than any one of them." Frederick spoke, this time with a conciliatory tone in his voice. "I don't know if the creature of the strange light will be held back by the door or not, but I do know that if we don't cooperate with everyone here no one shall make it out alive, especially not you. If you're alone, they will hunt you down and they will find you. You won't be able to hold out forever and if this 'Blood Mage' you speak of reaches you, you'll wish those creatures found you first." Now he speaks with conviction and his gazes turns firm, yet never losing the glow of his sincerty. "I beseech you, lower your weapon and let us converse. The people just behind me need a lot of help and you seem to be totally alone. I want to know more about this place and I want the truth. You want to live and you also want to reveal this truth. I want to help these people because they're my best bet at finding out about this place and you'll be needing that much help if you want to find the one who did whatever atrocities that were committed here. If we work together, we'll accomplish a lot more than doing so alone. No one should be trapped in here completely alone and no one should have that kind of fate."

Finally, he drives his point home with this last thing. "You may see for yourself if I speak the truth, for I mean you no harm. Please help us! If I'm wrong, you may do with me what you wish, but I must tell you this last thing: I will not give up until I find out the truth about this place and I find my way home! That is all I want. If we can't work this out, we will all die eventually. I trust that you'll be able to listen to reason. You don't need to be alone in this problem. I beg you, please help us."

And thus did Frederick gve his earnest plea. He can only hope reason isn't totally lost on the attacker, for he will need all the help he can get.

Brynhilde
January 28th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Gursha Dios
Day 1
Central Courtyard

With a slight creak of the wood and a regretful twang of the string, the archer lowered her weapon. Stepping up close to the window from which she fired from, the group could glimpse a short, armoured figure, peeking out suspiciously at the world.

"... Home? You still wish to go home? That is beyond our reach now. Everyone who reached here died here... everyone... everyone..."

Then, as if she came to a sudden realisation, her head lifted up and a keen gaze stared at Frederick from beneath her helmet.

"Could it be that you're the next group?? The next bunch to have answered this place's plea?!? And... and you said you don't know what a Blood Mage is, and yet I see a Templar amongst you... Are you not from Thedas??? Are you from some land beyond the Seas?? Did Argent Thaig outdid itself this time and brought people from outside of our understanding... Oh for Maker's sake, what did I just do!?????"

Some of the group blinked at the speed with which the attacker changed her attitude. Inconsistent didn't even begin to describe this strange feeling. It was as if she had suddenly shifted to being a different person, with different priorities and intentions. With moments, they could hear the creaking of the giant Town Hall doors as it was heaved open, and the pattering of feet as they saw a small dwarven figure emerge and slowly walking towards them.

The dwarven archer stopped a few meters away from the group, evidently still weary. However, with her bow lowered, some of the group couldn't help but feel somewhat safer. Addressing Frederick - who was the only one on his feet at the moment - the archer enquired with a cautious voice.

"... Tell me how you all got here."

Chaos Greyblood
January 28th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 38
MP: 58
Day 1, Courtyard
Group

Thedas? Was it the name of a country? A continent, perhaps? The person that came up to them was revealed to be a small person with a strong counternance. Perhaps is it a dwarf? She must be quite skilled with the bow if she's able to do such damage as though lightning struck upon them all. Clearing his throat, Frederick introduces himself.

"I am Frederick Laukannen, and in a manner of speaking, no, I am not from this... Thedas as you call it. As a matter of fact, this is my very first time I've been in a place such as this. It'll seem unbelievable to you at first, but what I'm about to tell you is nothing but the truth so I hope you'll believe what I'm about to say."

However, first things first. He needed to make sure no one was dying while he spoke, so he decided to make that his priority. "But first, I need to make sure these people won't die while we chat. It's very unethical and I would carry a guilty conscience for as long as I'm trapped in this place. Please excuse me for a moment."

Frederick then decides to attend to the wounded, hoping he could find another person that was also a healer. He won't be able to heal all of them alone.

Brynhilde
January 28th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Gursha Dios
Day 1
Central Courtyard

As Frederick was about to keep healing people, the dwarven archer stopped him.

"No. First thing first."

She took one step closer, and her bow rose a little higher.

"I have more than enough Injury Kits to save them all once we've had our conversation. Tell me how you got here."

Spooky
January 29th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Mara (Elf Force/Fire Mage)
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/spooky316/3669191.png
HP - N/A
MP - N/A

I watched as a couple of the warriors pushed open the door. Wow, they must be so strong. Sometimes I wish I had that kind of strength, but then I remember that if I did, I very probably wouldn't be an elf mage. And I do like being an elf mage. Magic is useful and fun, after all. Well, as long as you make sure to keep away from demons and blood magic, which everyone in their right mind does.

I trailed near the back of the group as we all entered the new area. This one was a lot more intricate than the other. I've never been to Orzammar, but I'd imagine it probably looks a lot like this. Though I imagine it's more cozy. I've always thought a "live," for lack of a better word, Thaig would be warm and homey, with all the people moving about underground like that. This one, on the other hand, is all empty and cold. It was brightly lit, though. There was a deep chasm splitting parts of the Thaig, and a bright light seemed to be emanating from it. I was about to go have a look down when I heard a shout.

"Vile puppets of blood mages! I won't let a single one of you into this thaig!!!!!"Then suddenly, arrows. There was no warning, no time for me to throw up an Arcane Shield, just one moment walking around, the next a rain of arrows coming from the sky!

The pain was... I think I must have blacked out, because the next thing I remember was lying on the ground, still in massive amounts of pain. I weakly turned my head to examine my body.

"Hnn," I gurgled. There were arrows still sticking out of my body, and blood was flowing everywhere. I wanted to laugh. This was funny! I just wanted to talk to Merrill and now I've been turned into a pincushion! Haha, this must be a dream!

A giggle forced it's way up. "Hehehe-hccckkkkk," it quickly turned into a hacking cough, spewing blood from my mouth down my chin.

There was something going on in the background, some people talking, but I couldn't make it out. Everything was going fuzzy. Maybe this is when I'll wake up. Hey, maybe I fell asleep at Merrill's and when I wake up she'll be there! Yeah, that sounds a lot better. And then we'll talk and eat and drink and read books and do magic and go shopping and not be dying underground far away from home with no one I know-

Blackdeath6031
January 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Akira
Day 1
HP: 0/Stamina: 30/Condition CRITICAL
Entrance Courtyard

"... Home? You still wish to go home? That is beyond our reach now. Everyone who reached here died here... everyone... everyone..."

....What....

Everyone...So we weren't the only ones?

But...they had died...?!

"...no..."

The boy whispered, stopping in his tracks.

Then, as though the weight of that news was too much for him to endure, he dropped to his knees.

"Could it be that you're the next group?? The next bunch to have answered this place's plea?!? And... and you said you don't know what a Blood Mage is, and yet I see a Templar amongst you... Are you not from Thedas??? Are you from some land beyond the Seas?? Did Argent Thaig outdid itself this time and brought people from outside of our understanding... Oh for Maker's sake, what did I just do!?????"

...The...das...?

"So then...as I had thought, this place is not Japan? It is not Yamato? No...to begin with, for all the times I had travelled cross-borders, I had not heard of such a place as 'Theedass'...nor 'Urgent Tag', for that matter..."

Pausing for a moment, Akira tried to remember what happened.
But, still agitated from this experience, his efforts were in vain.

But, not wanting to waste futile time and efforts by the entrance, he dragged himself back to the group.

Sei
January 29th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Lisa Fair
Day 1,Time Unknown
Courtyard
Injured/HP: 37/MP: 111

Deciding to follow my better judgement, I watch as the dialogue between the man who healed me and the assailant plays out. It's not nearly as satisfying as what I'd like to do, but the result is arguably better. Our attacker ceases their attack and reveals their face to us. Turns out to be a short female dressed in armor, probably a dwarf judging by these other odd people I've associated myself with. She slowly comes out of her little hiding spot and approaches the man, seemingly interested in what he said not to long ago.

"...Tsch. Don't screw with me."

I've just about had it with this place. What kind of person tries to kill without warning just to do a complete 180 with just a few words? I'm not sure whether I should consider the fact that she didn't kill any of us a sorry excuse for a warning shot or just plain incompetence on her part. Her little shoot-first-ask-questions-later tactic is beyond stupid. She might as well have just shot at us for the hell of it.

Seeing how as the archer and the healer seem preoccupied with each other, I take the time to move myself to the side. My body was healed by that man, at an extraordinary rate at that, but it's still not 100%. Furthermore, there's still the issue of the arrows sticking out of my body. I'm no healer, but at the very least I'm in a good enough condition to help out everyone else. But first thing's first, I've got to do something about these arrows. If I break off the tails, I should be able to pull them out just fine. It'll hurt, but they be out of the way. The issue is how to stop the bleeding afterwards. Searing them shut seems to be the best option...

Mulling over the idea, I sit on the ground, my back turned to the other two.


"So then...as I had thought, this place is not Japan? It is not Yamato? No...to begin with, for all the times I had travelled cross-borders, I had not heard of such a place as 'Theedass'...nor 'Urgent Tag', for that matter..."

Pausing for a moment, Akira tried to remember what happened.
But, still agitated from this experience, his efforts were in vain.

But, not wanting to waste futile time and efforts by the entrance, he dragged himself back to the group.

Upon doing so, I notice the boy who approached me in the cavern. I'm finally able to get a good look at him and realize that he's actually younger than me. Seeing him in such a state...makes me really hate the fact that he was shot at without good reason.

"Stop moving. You'll only make your injuries worse," I call out to him, avoiding eye contact as I'm sure my thoughts are being communicated well, "Just wait there. I'll help you in a bit."

With that said, I snap off the tail of the arrow lodged in my shoulder and prepare to pull it out.

Blackdeath6031
January 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Akira
Day 1
HP: 0/Stamina: 30/Condition CRITICAL
Entrance Courtyard

"Stop moving. You'll only make your injuries worse. Just wait there. I'll help you in a bit."

Looking up from his slouched posture, the boy noticed that the voice's source was the girl who seemed just as out-of-place as he was when they had just arrived.

"...Kuh..." His lips curled with pity and hatred - no, I was mistaken. He was filled with self-pity, and self-hatred. And he himself knew it.

He wanted to throw in the towel, and keep himself isolated from the group, given how out-of-place and seemingly weak he appeared in terms of the others. But keeping it under restrains - even though those metaphorical restrains might very well be near to giving way - he decided to not completely comply with her instructions. Approaching her, he looks at her worriedly.

"I'd say the same to you too. Let me help you with yours."

Chaos Greyblood
January 31st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 38
MP: 58
Day 1, Courtyard
Group

Frederick sighed as he felt that the female dwarf raised her bow and the tension was evident. There were so many things one can do when someone's doing the mistake of aiming with a bow at close range: Frederick could jump up quickly and drop from behind the woman and shoot immediately at the back and trap her with one of his spells. Another option was to dash towards her, make a quick backstep and blind her point-blank in such a way that she'll be utterly defenseless and take the supplies and her weapons. Leave her to rot for her tactless behavoir as a lesson to be learned for the next life. He could disarm her with a quick shot at the hand that holds the bow and turn the tables on her.

He may be a magus, but he was taught well on how to deal with people that carried any kind of ranged weapon, be it modern or ancient. All it takes is having a quick wit in making sure the enemy won't make that kind of mistake again as he takes action for this kind of situation. But this wouldn't be the solution for this problem and he hopes he won't have to rely on that. He'll keep an eye out just in case.

For now, he has to cool things down and defuse the situation yet again. He stands firm and speaks. "You can heal and listen at the same time, right? You can do both these things unless you're somehow impaired to do either one. Use these Injury Kits to patch up my allies and you'll be able to hear everything I say as you do so. It is a fair compromise for the both of us."

He took a deep breath concerning what he had to say. It would sound rather incredulous to this person if he told her that he wasn't from this world at all. "It's fair to warm you that what I'm about to tell you is quite... imaginative. You'd think I'm out of this world, so to speak."

Brynhilde
February 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Gursha Dios
Day 1
Central Courtyard

"Impaired? Why, of course I'm impaired!! How can you stay at this place and remain whole??"

The woman... didn't seem right in the head. She clutched onto the oneworld that Frederick had said and suddenly moved on to what seemed to be a rant, her voice raising higher and higher.

"You have healed someone, haven't you? There. You can have the Injury Kits. Heal your fellows if you will!"

Rummaging in her backpack, she threw out enough Injury Kits for one Kit each, and lands them in the general direction of Lisa and Akira, expecting them to heal the other members of the groups.

"As for out of this world, trust me, we who come here have seen enough things out of this world. Tell me, how did you get here???"

mangafreak7793
February 4th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Kadaj
HP: N/A
MP: N/A
Day 1, Courtyard
Group


After staying very still or rather paralyzed from the sudden ambush by the Dwarf he laid there listening to the conversation soaking in this information.

'New world?, mysterious area where angry drawrfs with bows try to kill you and more or less using our bodies as hostages to make us talk Kadaj thought dimly. 'Heh, sounds like a very bad drinking night."

Very bad indeed.

In order to catch the others attention Kadaj's Hawk Salem (who managed to avoid the arrow barrage) let out a very sharp cry as he weakly waved them down.

"Talking about the details is all well and good." He said as he smiled underneath his mask. "But can we discuss this after our wounds are patched up and maybe with some booze."

He winced as his attempt to move caused a small yet sharp jolt of pain.

"Make that some strong booze. Good grief women how strong are you with a bow anyway?"

Chaos Greyblood
February 5th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 38
MP: 58
Day 1, Courtyard
Group

"Then I'll settle your mind for a bit."

Frederick took some of the Injury Kits and gets to work with the wounded as he starts to weave his explanation.

"This world you call Thedas... I am not from here, nor any other land you speak of. I come from another world that's totally different from your world. Magic still exists in there and while there are some... regulations to follow, we can still do many things with our talents. I don't know how different your realm is from mine, since I haven't even taken a look outside, but I have a feeling it's somewhat akin to my realm. This looks as though it's come straight out from a fantasy book!"

Doing his best to mend the wounds from one of the members of the party, which is some hunter who had a wolf by his side, he continues speaking. "If you need some solace, we don't have any 'Blood Mages' in our world, though some special people called Sorcerers can do a lot more things that these magi cannot. Our world is very advanced and our technology isn't like any other. You could say we've developed other kinds of magic that have to be seen to be believed." He clears his throat, indicating that he has spoken enough about his world and shall get to the topic at hand.

"At any rate, as for how I got here, I had recieved a strange mirror in my homeland and being a magus, I was very curious about its nature. I went with a friend so that she may help me discover its mysteries, since I went nowhere fast on my own. We've uncovered some things about it, as well as bits of a strange language on its frame and just when we've only begun to get deeper into the enigma, the mirror shines on with a strange light and something pulls me in! By chance, I've landed here after I woke up and I'm at the present situation you see now. Does my testimony put your heart at ease, lady dwarf?"

Frederick then goes to treat another person next, the templar who was one of the people who helped open the door.

Brynhilde
February 6th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Gursha Dios
Day 1
Central Courtyard

Frederick's explanation seemed to have settled the dwarf somewhat. Putting her free hand - her right hand - to her chin, she muttered to herself.

"A mirror... just like everyone else... and from another world, one without Blood Mages... yes, yes, congratulations, Argent Thaig. You have indeed exceeded my expectations..."

And suddenly, without warning, she moved up next to Frederick, snatched up one of the Injury Kits that she had thrown at him, and started to heal the female Warrior that was lying close by.

"Then I have indeed made a misjudgement. I could not believe that another group would come in... forgive me, forgive me, forgive me..."

There was undoubtedly something wrong with the psyche of this dwarf as she now murmured endless phrases begging for forgiveness under her breath, while working eagerly to heal Geneva's wounds like a woman possessed. Despite Frederick's further attempts, he couldn't coax another word out of her. However, thanks to their combined efforts, soon all of the group was good enough to sit up and move about.


All group members are now back in FULL HEALTH.

Fangstrike
February 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Zephyr Rahnglaive
Day 1
Central Courtyard

"I too was pulled into these circumstances by a mirror," Zephyr said. He neglected to mention whose mirror, since despite all the grief Merill had caused him over the years, she was still a friend, and the last thing he'd do was get her in trouble. He wasn't about to share that she had a forbidden artifact with a Templar within earshot.

Zephyr hissed as he rolled his recently wounded shoulder. The ebb of healing magic suffused his wounded muscle, easing the pain and bringing about a temporary euphoria. With his wounds healed, he began helping the others, sans the Templar who was giving him a glare. That was just fine. The Templars had been hounding him nearly all his life; no reason to be the better person and lend a helping hand. If the Templar died from infection that was just one less piece of baggage they'd have to drag around.

"Name's Zephyr. So what should we do next? At the very least, we still need food and supplies," Zephyr said while casting a wary glance at the crazy dwarf. Either the lyrium or trauma had gotten to her; neither idea boded well for them. They'd need to talk to her later and get as much information as possible, so they wouldn't suffer the same fate as her group.

Brynhilde
February 13th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Gursha Dios
Day 1
Central Courtyard

"As for food and supplies, Argent Thaig somehow gets aplenty. I've got a stash in the Town Hall, if you don't mind."

Suddenly well-mannered again, the dwarf eagerly responded to Zephyr - and stopped as she realised how all of the group was staring at her.

"Ahhh... I'm horrible sorry for what I did, but - but - it's best to be extremely wary of all that comes through those gates. The majority of them - are not friendly." Casting a dubious eye on the now tightly-shut gates, she shuddered a little, as if reliving some nightmarish memory. "I had in fact bolted those doors shut myself, so when I saw you forcing them open, the ropes snapping one after another as if an Ogre was breaking through ... no, I couldn't bring myself to believe. I am very sorry."

She then shouldered her bow, reached up, and took off her helmet. The cherubic face of a dwarven woman appeared, round in cheeck and nose and eyes, and would have been quite endearing if not for the nervous gaze and the way her eyes kept darting about. Lowering her head in a small bow, she faced all of the group and introduced herself.

"My name is Gursha Dios, a member of the Dwarven Merchant Guild in the city of Starkhaven in the Free Marches... if that makes sense to any of you at all. Speaking of, how many of you are from Thedas, anyways??"

SeiKeo
February 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Geneva Arland

As abruptly as I was attacked, the dwarf scrambled to heal me, binding my wounds. As much as I by all rights should be demanding at least some kind of explanation... well, I could hardly blame her. She was without a doubt under an immense amount of stress, and a certain degree of paranoia came with that. But, it was, at times like this that I wished I used Chevalier plate. Relying on a shield and not much on armor gave me a degree of mobility and protection, but if I wasn't prepared...


"My name is Gursha Dios, a member of the Dwarven Merchant Guild in the city of Starkhaven in the Free Marches... if that makes sense to any of you at all. Speaking of, how many of you arefrom Thedas, anyways??"

I raised a hand. "The Bannorn, to be precise."

Spooky
February 16th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Mara (Elf Force/Fire Mage)
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/spooky316/3669191.png
HP - 33
MP - 99/99

I woke up. Huh. I thought I was dying... Guess not? Well, good. I really didn't want to die, and I'm very glad I'm still alive, but what happened then? I guess someone healed me. Of course, what am I thinking. Someone had to have healed me since I'm not dead.

I let out a quiet giggle sat up with my knees pulled up against my chest and glanced around. One of the men who'd been brought here with me (and everyone else) was busy healing the others, with the help of a dwarf woman. Wonder who she is, I don't remember seeing her earlier...


"Ahhh... I'm horrible sorry for what I did, but - but - it's best to be extremely wary of all that comes through those gates. The majority of them - are not friendly. I had in fact bolted those doors shut myself, so when I saw you forcing them open, the ropes snapping one after another as if an Ogre was breaking through ... no, I couldn't bring myself to believe. I am very sorry."
She's the one who shot us all? But that can't be right, she seems too nice for that... but I guess she was just scared and acted before thinking. I can understand that I suppose, and since no one was truly hurt I can forgive her.


"My name is Gursha Dios, a member of the Dwarven Merchant Guild in the city of Starkhaven in the Free Marches... if that makes sense to any of you at all. Speaking of, how many of you are from Thedas, anyways??"
I raised a hand. "Oh, me. You're from Starkhaven? I'm living in Kirkwall now. We're practically neighbors," I said with a light laugh. "Wait, did you say other worlds? And a mirror brought you here? Was it an Eluvian? That's how I got here. I wanted to see why it was working all of the sudden..." I trailed off, realizing I'd started babbling again.

"Sorry about that, sometimes I get carried away. I'm Mara. It's very nice to meet you, Miss Gursha. And don't worry, I forgive you for shooting me with a bunch of arrows," I said with a smile and a nod.

Blackdeath6031
February 16th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Akira
Day 1
HP: 30/Stamina: 30/Condition: Normal
Entrance Courtyard

As soon as he finished with the healing some of the others, he responded to her statement.
"I'm not one of the others who are from this 'Sheedasu', but I can safely say that I can easily understand that you are a member of a Merchant Guild of the city you have named. However, I am left curious as to why a merchant such as yourself is left to guard this area."

His change in attitude is perhaps unexpected, but it isn't the best time to think solely about oneself, he knew.

Brynhilde
February 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Gursha Dios
Day 1
Central Courtyard

"Bann - Bannor - oh, right, Ferelden! And you're from Kirkwall? That's definitely very close... Hm... so that's at least 2 - no, 4 people - from Thedas, since I doubt Templars and Qunaris would look the same in other worlds, if they even exist there."

Standing to her full height, she lowered her head and made a small bow to the collective.

"... It's not exactly an example of Thedas formalities to attack people on sight. I'm sorry. Ah, as for what is Thedas, that's the name we use to call our world, a continent of Elves and Men and Dwarves and Qunari, of various religions, of different kingdoms and organisations and cultures at strife with each other... A world like any other, I believe?"

Mormarth
February 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Russo (Mage, Arcane Warrior)
Day 1
Central Courtyard
HP: 45, MP: 99

The big mage wandered into the courtyard, absently looking at all of the blood on the floor, as well as the dead man on the floor, a Ranger by the look of him. Pity, he thought as he closed the dead man's eyes. Maybe I could have done something.

But, noooo, he had to go to the little mage's room, Russo knew he shouldn't have drank all that ale the night before, but oh well. He wandered forth, looking at the bloody people being spoken to.

Interested at finally coming across some company, he called out, "Hello there! Might you chaps know how to get to Denerim from here? I'm dreadfully lost it seems. Oh, and in addition, I come from the Circle of Magi, in Lake Calenhad. You may have heard of it. (and it's phallic shape)." Russo's horrid sense of direction had struck again.

Knowing my luck, they've already discussed this, and I'm about to be a sudden and uncomfortable introduction.

He shuffled his coat around over his light suit of mail in self-consciousness, absently brushing his halberd whilst he did so.

mangafreak7793
February 18th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Kadaj
HP: 36
Stamina: 42
Day 1
Central Courtyard

After recovering and gather my bearings as I look towards the dwarf. "It's no problem but make sure where you point that thing next time though then again you still managed to take the whole lot of us without killing any of us so that should be commended."

Or feared but she could have killed us if she felt like it so I rather make nice then face someone with Warden like strength.

"Though if you really feel bad about what you done, I wouldn't mind if you give us some booze preferably a strong kind but I'm not picky."

Brynhilde
February 19th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Group
Day 1
Central Courtyard

Despite the group's collective efforts, not all managed to enter the Thaig alive.

There was one casualty already - the ranger known as 'Nemo'.

However, no sooner had he fallen, a mage came running in through the doors - through the doors that the group had just closed.

... Unless he can somehow go through solid objects, that shouldn't have happened.

No, the logical answer would be that he 'blasted his way' through the doors. And one quick look at the door confirmed the suspicion. The doors now lean askew, opening with a gap that was just wide enough for the mage to come through.

And as soon as the dwarven archer saw Russo, her face fell.

"You - never mind about Denerim! How did you get in? Did you use magic???"

mangafreak7793
February 19th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Kadaj
HP: 36
Stamina: 42
Day 1
Central Courtyard

"Does that mean no booze then?" Kadaji said jokingly before he sighs before going into a more serious demeanor. "Well I don't know about the others but I kind of messed with a friend of a friend's stuff who is a witch and poof here I am."

Chaos Greyblood
February 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 38
MP: 58
Day 1, Courtyard
Group

Having heard about how some of these people have gotten here, Frederick could probably tell how things may be played out and so he may figure out how to get on with this situation. But first, he needed to find a place where they won't be caught by surprise by some terrible monster.

This journey wasn't going to be easy and he knew it. It was time to get moving.

"Shouldn't we try moving on for a bit and then find a safe place? Or at the very least somewhere that doesn't feature any more bad surprises. From here, we can try sorting out what to do next." He then turns to the lady dwarf. "It looks like you know about this place. Do you have an idea where should we go?"

Sei
March 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Lisa Fair
Day 1
Central Courtyard
Normal/HP: 45/MP: 111

Thaig, Denerim, Merchant Guilds, and Thedas. Little by little I'm slowly piecing things together. Just by standing off to the side and observing these people I'm able to gain a better understanding of whats going on. I learn a little bit about this world and even relations through everyone's interactions. It's still not very much, but at least I've got something to go off of now.

However, the thing that interests me the most are these mirrors that seem to be able to move people across time and space. I know it's not really something to be concerning myself with at the moment, but I just feel like I could benefit from taking a second look at one. This "magic" is similar to my family's Quantum in that it moves one item safely from point A to point B. However, Quantum is an incomplete science for two reasons. The first being that moving a living being safely through space is impossible due to ever-changing variables throughout the body. The second being moving an object through parallel worlds, a part of the equation with no determined values. If these Blood Mages have found a way to do these things... if I could find a way to get this info, I could finish my family's work...

Well, I guess that's something to think about later. After all, these Blood Mages don't seem like the friendliest of people. For now, I guess I'll just take things as they come along. I don't like the idea of following someone who shot at me, but I'd be dumb to break off from the group.

Brynhilde
March 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Group
Day 1
Central Courtyard

"... No, no, why did you come in? Why did you have to use magic to come in? Why--!"

Russo's entry seemed to have disrupted the dwarf's fragile psyche again as she cowered to a sitting position on the ground, covering her ears with her hands and squeezing her eyes shut, refusing to look at the impending danger as two glowing, orange blobs slowly formed just within the gates of the Thaig.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/akhonsu/HouseofSilver1-1.png

http://ryan3d.cghub.com/files/Image/083001-084000/83372/791_stream.jpg

Rage Demon
STR = 10
CON = 50 = 150 HP
DEX = 40
CUN = 10 +4 (Unforgiving Chain) = 14
MGI = 10
WIL = 20 = 60 Stamina

Talents (Rogue)
DAII
*Unforgiving Chain (Passive): CUN +4
*Backstab: Damagex1.5. Opponent’s DEX-5 for this attack. Costs 10 stamina.
++Murder: The opponent’s DEX is reduced further by 5 more points for this attack.
*Rush: Small range AoE. All enemies affected cannot attack or defend in the next turn. Costs 7 stamina.
*Blindside (Passive): Damage x1.2 when engaging in enemies engaged with other team members.
*Stealth: The rogue disappears from view, but the first attack would break its cover. Costs 10 Stamina.
DA:O
*Dirty Fighting: The attack deals no damage, but the enemy cannot move from the spot or attack for the next 2 turns. Costs 13 Stamina.
*Below the Belt: The attack deals normal damage. Enemy’s defence is reduced for 20 points for the next 2 turns. Costs 13 Stamina.

With a roar, both Rage Demons leapt towards the Group.

The left Rage Demon chose Akira as its target and used Rush, pushing down both the Japanese man and Lisa, making them unable to attack or defend in the next turn. The Rage Demon at the right chose to mow down Vaine instead, gliding up to him and using Backstab to deal him some significant damage before discarding the Qunari and moved to the left, aiming to help its mate.



Left Rage Demon
HP=150
Stamina=52



Akira
Cannot attack or defend in the next turn. Knocked down.



Lisa
Cannot attack or defend in the enxt turn. Knocked down.



Right Rage Demon
HP=150
Stamina=50



Vaine
Rage Demon's attack: DEX + (CUN/2) = 40 + 7 = 47
*Backstab: Damagex1.5. Opponent’s DEX-5.
++Murder: The opponent’s DEX is reduced further by 5 more points.
Vaine's defence: DEX + (CUN/2) = 0 + 7 = 7
Damage to Vaine = (47-7) x1.5 = 60
Vaine HP = 30

SeiKeo
March 14th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Geneva Arland
Day 1
Central Courtyard
Normal

Demons. There were more demons, this time of flame instead of smoke. At the least, one thing was becoming clear: this city was not abandoned for any small reason. There was a serious problem underlying the cavern, one that trapped restless souls. And these problems tended to be the kind that didn't want
to go away.


Rally: all allies attack +35, defense +20

Encouraging my allies, I moved forward on both the demons, prepared to provide blocking for the less sturdy members of the party behind me.

Blackdeath6031
March 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Akira
Day 1
HP: 30/Stamina: 30/Condition: Stunned
Entrance Courtyard


​....Whaa--

As soon as he realised the presence of enemies, he was already falling to the ground. His blanked-out mind did little to figure out much beyond that he was pushed down by someone - or something. Stunned, however, Akira unintentionally lets down his guard...

Sei
March 18th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Lisa Fair
Day 1
Central Courtyard
Normal/HP: 45/MP: 111

We'd all finally managed to recover from our previous battle and the rain of arrows from before. All of us except for one anyway. From the looks of him, he looked to be some kind of archer laying dead on the ground. I didn't know him very well, but I couldn't just leave him like that. I get that we should be moving and all, but we should have enough time to bury one man.

However, just as soon as I let my guard down, something rushes into me and knocks me to the ground. The force of the impact knocks the wind out of me and send a shock through my body.

"Lemme guess. More demons..."

Realizing there was no real pain in my body, I look up to see what it was that hit me. And sure enough, I spy what looks like a golem made of molten rock. The fact that I wasn't burned by that makes me feel somewhat better. Just a little...

"Can't I go ten minutes without getting hit?"


Lisa is stunned.

Chaos Greyblood
March 26th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Frederick Laukannen
Mage of the Sea of Estray
HP: 60
MP: 108
Day 1, Courtyard
Group

"Oh, by the ancestors' charms... Another problem?"

From the frying pan and into the fire, or so it would seem, as the newest threat takes form of two fiery-looking demons that had managed to sneak into the area and two members were already knocked down in a blink of an eye! The warrior has just made a rallying cry and Frederick felt as though he was swelling up with courage in that moment. He was tired to getting out from one sticky situation only to arrive to another one in the lapse of minutes and the more the group would battle, the quicker they may drop from exhaustion. The best way to finish this battle is to make the first move, and he has to do it now.

"Paskaa syövä saatanae!!" Frederick bellowed at the demons. "There's no way in hell you'll make things worse for me, so why don't you stay where you are and start fading away like two good boys, huh?"

Frederick doesn't waste time as he begins to chant a spell and concentrates on the one area where the demons stood. The best strategy is to contain them in the area so that they don't get away and try to call for backup. Exterminating them would come in quick order from here.

"Häkki Valon!"

Frederick casts the spell right between the two fire demons, creating an enchanted area that shall keep them contained and shall slow them down. This should be a good start for the others.

"Alright, people. Let's try to finish these miscreants before they start to cause trouble!"

[Häkki Valon is cast. It costs 25 MP per use for this spell.]

Current values
HP: 60
MP: 83

Notes

Hákki valon = Cage of Light
Paskaa syövä = Shit eating (part of a sentence)
saatana = devil (Written as saatanae to indicate 'devils' in plural)