PDA

View Full Version : At the conference table again? Let's Play (public-press) Diplomacy!

Pages : [1] 2 3

alfheimwanderer
December 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM
...and what is this again?

You're looking at Diplomacy, one of the greatest board games ever invented. In it, seven players take control of the powers of World War One (England, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Turkey, and Russia) and battle for control of Europe. What makes it interesting is that there is no random chance, and all the powers have units with the same capabilities.

Thus, making and breaking alliances, sharing (mis)information wisely, reading the nuances of language and behaviour to decide who to trust - all of these are key to victory?

What, you mean just like the one Leo's running?

Bah, hogwash!

Unlike that game, where cloak and dagger subterfuge, private messages, and the formation of cliques and alliances is expected, even encouraged, this one has the Wilson or Public-Press only rule in effect.

In other words, PMing is strictly forbidden, and all game talk must take place in the thread, where all nations may see it. Talk of alliances, urging one nation to war upon another, bringing the attention of the board to someone's underhanded ploys...these are part and parcel of the experience.

So call each other out with the utmost diplomacy, for remember, you're stuck at the conference table!

The Map

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/FleetRome-S1901M.jpg

Light gray spaces are impassable.

The Rules

PDF copy of the rules (http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/diplomacy.pdf)

Just as in standard diplomacy, your goal is to take control of 18 supply centers, the territories with the black circles. Taking control of one allows you to build a unit, and loosing one will force you to delete a unit. You may have as many units as you have supply centers.

There are two kinds of units: armies and fleets. Armies can move on all land spaces, while fleets can move on water and coastal spaces.

You can order your units to move to another province, support a unit's move, hold their position, support a unit holding, or order a fleet to convoy an army across water.

There are five phases in the game:

Spring moves: Units are given orders
Spring retreats: Units that have been forced out of their region may retreat or disband
Fall moves: Same as Spring moves
Fall retreats: Same as Spring retreats
Builds: You may build or disband units, depending on whether you gained or lost supply centers.

If you're unsure of what might happen if you make a move, you can get jDip, an application that allows you to test moves and tactics. (http://jdip.sourceforge.net/) (And incidentally, the program I'll be using to resolve orders.
Ooh, where can I sign up?

Right here. Post your preference for a country in the thread and how long you'd like for each game phase. The game will start when all spaces are filled up.

England: Chaos Greyblood
France: RacingeR
Germany: Erlkonig
Austria: LeopardBear
Italy: Usandru
Turkey: Froggie
Russia: Yun

-=--

Game Phases: 48 hours each
Current Phase: Spring 1901
Orders Due (pmed to me) : Friday, December 30, 2011 3 PM PST

Let the Diplomacy Begin!

SeiKeo
December 27th, 2011, 09:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Wappen_Kaisertum_Österreich_1867_(Mittel).png/382px-Wappen_Kaisertum_Österreich_1867_(Mittel).png

Yo, this is Imperator Leo running this business here. Darn son this is a big table, innint it? Well, we got nations, we got armies, and damn are they armed. Let's try and not kill too many people eh? (Also give me your Supply Centers)

Erlkonig
December 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Going all German on this bitch

Lianru
December 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Lol, another one?

SeiKeo
December 27th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Yo this is Imperator Leo greeting my German broski at da table and totally offers him a brofist of friendship and alliance.

Erlkonig
December 27th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Herr Kaiser Erlkonig duly notes the acceptance and replies with a brofist of friendship.

alfheimwanderer
December 27th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Italy and England are still open, so claim your positions now!

Erlkonig
December 27th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Italy and England are still open, so claim your positions now!

Nicholas II: WHAT? WE HAVE BEEN COMPARRRED TO THE ENGLISH?

RacingeR
December 27th, 2011, 09:53 PM
*Retreats*

Also, France offers its brofist of friendship towards Austria for a powerful unconventional alliance!

Erlkonig
December 27th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Nooooo, Austria's my friend ;_;

Race wants to take Austria from me waaaaah

SeiKeo
December 27th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Imperator Leo is totally cool with a Germany/Austria/France broship of glory.

Erlkonig
December 27th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Cool with it too, but I have my reasons to suspect Mr. Frog-Eater may be not fond of Germany

RacingeR
December 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Hm? This is not WWII Germany, I have no problems with this alliance.

SeiKeo
December 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM
France and Germany are eternal bros and I shall force whoever says otherwise to party.

Erlkonig
December 27th, 2011, 10:24 PM
France and Germany are eternal bros

Sauce

Erlkonig
December 27th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Hm? This is not WWII Germany, I have no problems with this alliance.

So... Is this Entente or Central Powers?

The TRIPLE POWERS

SeiKeo
December 27th, 2011, 10:25 PM
^^ Confederation of the Rhine.

Brynhilde
December 28th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Pro: this will reduce the PMs cluttering my Inbox.
Con: I love clock-and-dagger-ing D:

What to do?

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Get Italy bro it up.

Chaos Greyblood
December 28th, 2011, 01:34 AM
England for me. I want another shot.

alfheimwanderer
December 28th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Italy remains!

Froggie
December 28th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Pro: this will reduce the PMs cluttering my Inbox.

This is why I emptied my PM box before starting Leo's Diplomacy game.

Con: I love clock-and-dagger-ing D:

Same here, but a change of pace is interesting, I think.

What to do?

Join.

Erlkonig
December 28th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Gonna need me some WWI songs for Reichsradio 12.5

Oh wait WWI, no common use radios ;_;

Usandru
December 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Well, I can take Italy I suppose. It'll be my first game, so please be gentle and allow me to stab you in the back.

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM
To His Tsardom the Yun-man, from Bro-in-chief Leo

Austrian armies will be conducting training exercises in Galacia for the spring of 1901. These are not offensive in nature, and are merely to keep our soldiers in tip top partying condition. We hope you understand, and join us for some mad epic raves.

alfheimwanderer
December 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM
From the Desk of the Secretary-General:

The participants have been selected, the forces are readied. Let the hounds of war be unlashed upon the Continent.

Game Phases: 48 hours first round, possible 36 later
Style: Public Press (no PM discussions)

Let the Diplomacy Begin!

Usandru
December 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hmmm, so. I'm in a terrible position with little to no possibility of easy expansion, caught between several other powers...

On the other hand, my armies might add the decisive advantage to someone else...

Italy's armies are now mercenary. We'll fight for supply centres. Who wants assistance?

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Austria proposes that together with the great nation of Italy, we go find some good nightclubs.

Usandru
December 28th, 2011, 07:36 PM
French or German?

Erlkonig
December 28th, 2011, 07:38 PM
D:

The Kaiser feels uncomfortable at the discussions going on here.

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Leo assures BroKaiser that German is totally in the house already and not somewhere we're gonna gatecrash.

@ Usandru: Broski, Germany and Italy are bros. I hear Tunis is nice this time of year though.

Usandru
December 28th, 2011, 07:40 PM
What? We're just discussing where to go have fun. Sadly, our soldiers have gotten awfully tired of Italian night clubs, so we're looking for new territory experiences! Why, would you happen to know of a place?

Erlkonig
December 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Spanish nightclubs, of course. Who knows what you'll end up with there.

Usandru
December 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Your proposals are intriguing and deserve further consideration.

Erlkonig
December 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Or perhaps some in North Africa? I've heard they have a wondrous club there. It's very near you, too!

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Bit of a revolution going on there though. Actually, that would make it one heck of a party, wouldn't it? Revolutions are fun~

RacingeR
December 28th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Hmm, yes, we should indeed park something in North Africa. Meanwhile, I'll be moving a bit up north, just letting my poor soldiers do some exercise, nothing offensive behind it.

Chaos Greyblood
December 28th, 2011, 08:07 PM
England has scones, tea, ladies... and a powerful navy.

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Let's hope England shall not require every man to do his duty. (France England stay cool bros I mean)

Erlkonig
December 28th, 2011, 08:11 PM
*Has no idea what to do, taking Denmark = Imperialist Pig. Taking Netherlands = Imperialist Pig*

:(

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 08:13 PM
We're all imperialist pigs.

Chaos Greyblood
December 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Let's hope England shall not require every man to do his duty. (France England stay cool bros I mean)

I remember how it happened last time I played this game. :P

Froggie
December 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Right, so, Turkey.

Bulgaria is pretty much a given and that means that I'm probably going to end up in a fight with Leo and probably Yun as well. Probably Yun has more to benefit in an alliance with me, since I can assure him the that the Southern Russian borders will remain safe in exchange for cooperation. Leo, on the other hand... well, you're free to correct my lack of any real assessment.

Yun
December 28th, 2011, 10:34 PM
To Bro-in-chief Leo from Tsar Yun l of Russia
I'll politely request that you please refrain from conducting those training exercises in Galacia because my peaceful loyal subjects of Ukraine will become frightened at the prospect of so many heavily armed troops encamped near their fields containing the fruit of their labor and request that I dispatch troops to shield them against any aggressors seeking their small piece of the Bread Basket of Europe.

As their God appointed Sovereign I can't simply ignore my subjects pleas even if they're baseless as you assure me, because is it not a Ruler's duty to aid those who give up their power as commanded by God when my stalwart Ukraine's brave the Russian weather to make their plea heard?

Greeting Madam Froggie Sovereign of Turkey
Although our two great nations have clashed in the past I pray and will continue to pray that we can overcome our blood soaked past and forge a new partnership with the goal of mutual benefit and cooperation toward improving the lives of both of our peoples for our current generation and those that take up our burdens after we're gone.

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 11:21 PM
@ Yun: Bounce it. I don't want to occupy it, but I can't let you occupy it either.

@ Froggie: Hey, there's always Russia. Really, if you and Russia carve me up, Russia is probably going to come out on top of that one, and you're next.

Froggie
December 28th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Alright. I like the sound of that. Probably the main points of contention in our sphere of influence will be Rumania and Serbia.

I'm willing to hear deals for these territories in exchange for others or promises or future cooperation.

@Leo: Astonishingly Arrogant Ankaran Assault?

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Hmm, how does a two way split in the Balkans sound? Serbia/Greece to me and Bulgaria/Rum to you?

Froggie
December 28th, 2011, 11:32 PM
So, support into Rumania in exchange for support into Greece, is it?

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I find that agreeable. Also, noticed your edit. What is this 4A strategy you speak of?

Froggie
December 28th, 2011, 11:36 PM
It sounds agreeable, yes, but there are others also invested in the territories and I'd like to hear the deals they posit first.

Astonishingly Arrogant Ankaran Assault = Something I read while browsing Diplomacy resources. Basically, ignore Bulgaria, rush Sevastapool.

SeiKeo
December 28th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Rush Sev... now, that would be amusing.

Erlkonig
December 29th, 2011, 08:27 AM
My brother Leo, I humbly request access into your territory to hold my troops at Tyrol. I must say that while my Alliance with France and you has some of my fronts secured, I am worried about the use of Tyrol as a bridge to enter German territory. Surely the citizens won't be frightened by troops with the same language and cultural group, right?

SeiKeo
December 29th, 2011, 12:09 PM
As a bridge by who? The Italians?

Erlkonig
December 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Yes. While you have secured diplomatic relations with the Italians, I am not fond of leaving open a bridge to a horde of hard-boiled mercenaries.

SeiKeo
December 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Usandru, you're a bro, but this is an announcement. Trying to party in Tyrolia will be considered an attempt to crash the party of Bro Kaiser, and will be treated accordingly. Bro Kasier, make sense, mmm?

Erlkonig
December 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Thank you, Brother Leopard. I will have to make amendments, then.

Erlkonig
December 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM
In other news, I will be personally heading inside my Kriegsmarine fleet to a sicknasty club in Denmark to bust some ill moves at the stage. I extend a cordial invitation to my fellow Great Powers, so that we may share a good cup of wine before we play out the symphony to rock this world.

RacingeR
December 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Brother Erlkonig, I'll be heading up north to take a nice stroll in the coast, and make sure nobody tries to sneak-crash the party.

(I need to learn the provinces' damn names.)

SeiKeo
December 29th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Picardy?

Chaos Greyblood
December 30th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Any word as to when we'll start?

Froggie
December 30th, 2011, 12:08 AM
We've already started. This is Wilson rule. Negotiations are public.

SeiKeo
December 30th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Game Phases: 48 hours each

Let the Diplomacy Begin!

^

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Remember, I'd like orders by 3 PM PST - with a grace period of a couple hours.

No later than 2359 GMT though!

Chaos Greyblood
December 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Alright then, if France wishes to do something, this is the time to do so. I'm all ears, so let's hurry!

Froggie
December 30th, 2011, 02:17 PM
You know? This has beeen more quiet than I expected it to be...

SeiKeo
December 30th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Austria has planned parties with the countries it needs to party with. Oh, wait, no, you and I still need to arrange the booze :D So, what say you? Two way split?

Erlkonig
December 30th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Maybe it's because people are afraid of offending each other?

Spring of 1901
Denmark

Erl: Alright, here's ze delivery I asked! *Grabs package* Now, let's see... *Takes out a huge amount of pieces of metal, steam engines, and other stuff*
Grand Admiral (Called Ado by ze Kaiser): Mein Kaiser! Vat is zat?
Erl: Zis, mein Ado, is the secret device I vill show off to the other vorld leaders in the grand party!
Grand Admiral: Richter, please. Still, zere's about 5 hours until it begins, mein Kaiser! Vat do you have in mind?
Erl: Oh, you'll see, Ado, you'll see...
Grand Admiral: Richter.
Erl: Right, Ado. You are dismissed.
Grand Admiral: *Sigh*

*5 hours later*

Erl: *Greets everyone to a great, luxurious hall, classical music playing serenely in the background* Velcome, Velcome! Zis is ze entrance hall, here you can lay down your coats, and ve vill enter the party area. I trust everyone brought an impressive display of zeir countries' vorks? You know, for ze exhibition? *Claps* Feldmarshall Edem! Please, take zese gentlemen's coats!
Field Marshall: Johann, si- Vy do I bother, *sigh* anyvay... *Takes everyone's coats* If you need anything else, mein Kaiser, I vill be at the operations center.
Erl: Good vork, Edem. Good vork.

hero
December 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I came.

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 03:54 PM

Orders due in a few hours, mien comrades.

RacingeR
December 30th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I may have a bit of a delay in sending my orders due to things being hectic around my house.

Froggie
December 30th, 2011, 04:10 PM

Orders due in a few hours, mien comrades.

I'm at work for another two hours at least.

Erlkonig
December 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Nobody replied to my snippet?

My, what crude guests you are.

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Sure. Just get the stuff to me by 6 PM PST, if at all possible - if not, then please before midnight. ^^

Chaos Greyblood
December 30th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I sent you my orders. Here's hoping the rest actually wakes up!

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Spring 1901 - Movement Results

Nations do not have permanent enemies. They do not have permanent friends. They only have permanent interests.
--William Gladstone

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/England.png

England: F Lon - NTH, A Lvp - Edi, F Edi - NWG
In the first military endeavours of the new century, Prime Minister Chaos Greyblood strikes out for the north. Is he perhaps seeking the legendary Northwest Passage? Or perhaps it is part of a cunning, cunning plan to seize Holland, Scandinavia, or Norway? Either way, the Channel is left uncontested, indicating either great trust in France, or a gesture of peace.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/France.png

France: F Bre - MAO, A Par - Pic, A Mar Hold
It seems to work out well, given that Monsieur le President RacingeR takes a much more cautious view, tentatively maintaining peace to the north, while making a grab for Belgium and keeping his army in Marseilles firmly parked in case of an Italian threat.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Italy.png

Italy: A Ven Hold, F Rom - TYS, F Nap - ION
Seems France has nothing to worry about for now though, as King Usandru I of Italy simply takes to the water, deploying his fleets to the Ionian and Tyrrhenian Seas. Italy was once a great naval power in its own right, and perhaps it may be once more - even if Venice must remain encamped against an Austrian threat.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Austria.png

Austria: A Vie - Gal, A Bud - Ser, F Tri - Alb
Emperor LeopardBear of Austria has other things in mind, however, deploying his forces to pacify the Balkans...and to Galicia in an anti-Russian offensive. Can it dare to succeed, knowing that Russia likely has its eyes on Austrian soil?

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Germany.png

Germany: F Kie - Den, A Ber - Pru, A Mun - Sil
Well, it can with the help of Germany, as Kaiser Erlkonig opens in a solidly anti-Russian manner. It seems Germany's leader was unsatisfied with the few gains it received form the partition of Poland many years ago and seeks to remedy this by claiming Warsaw...and keeping the Russian out of Scandinavia entirely.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Russia.png

Russia: F Stp/sc - GoB, A Mos - Ukr, A War - Gal, F Sev - BLA
Russia clearly had no idea this onslaught was coming, for with its units heading into the south, it is ill-poised to defend itself from the assault. The unit now in Ukraine might be able to hold Warsaw against the German hordes, but if Austria gets into position...its only a matter of time. At least it kept the Turk from the Black Sea, though who knows how long that will last?

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Turkey.png

Turkey: A Con - Bul, F Ank - BLA, A Smy - Con
To finish off, Turkey makes a sally towards the Balkans and captures Bulgaria, though it does not manage the feat of securing the Black Sea.

Full Moves:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/FleetRome-BLPublicPress-S1901M.png

Results:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/FleetRome-BLPublicPress-F1901M.png

Orders due as soon as you can on Monday, Jan 2, 2012.

Comments from the Secretary-General: Ah, the peace of Europe is soundly shattered so early in the century. How the blood of the many noble dead must weep! Well, that aside, let's take a look at the map. France and England seem to be fairly trusting of one another, and reluctant to move against their fellow nations without testing their word - only wise when one cannot communicate through back channels and must rely on public spin. Italy, Turkey, and Russia open as standard, keeping to their own business...

...and Austria/Germany launch a war of aggression against the Russians, with England possibly intervening in the north.

Unless Tsar Yun gets an ally, its likely only a matter of time before the Russian Empire collapses under the weight of the combined forces of the Germanies.

SeiKeo
December 30th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Austria contends that the Chair is so jelly that he wasn't invited to the party, and as such divines false intentions. Galacia is a nice place to party this time of year, what's this about an attack?

Chaos Greyblood
December 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM
For the President of France, RacingeR:

Are you interested in fostering a two-pronged aliance to keep the rest of the European forces in check? There are advantages to be gained if we were to foster a union that benefits both our countries. I am sure this should come to no surprise as the other nations seek to move to the East to try to wipe us out while fighting amongst themselves. Now is the time to exploit this moment!

Prime Minister Chaos Greyblood

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 09:25 AM
To my French ally:

Most esteemed Consul of France, I am afraid that the prescence of the Prime Minister's grand navy poises a problem to my goals of moonwalking through Denmark and Holland. I would be most pleased if you could aid this friend in need in keeping British forces outside Dutch and German territory.

P.S: Be most assured that you would not like to assist to British parties, unless you'd drown yourself in tea and effeminate antics.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 09:26 AM
On another note, those were some sick moves you busted at the party, Leo.

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 01:15 PM
Same to you, Brother Erl. The Prussian Two-Step is a rare, clever, move.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 01:43 PM
I remember years ago my Prussian ancestor used it in a friendly dance-off against Napoleon, back in the Rhine conference days

RacingeR
December 31st, 2011, 02:18 PM
To Prime Minister Chaos Grayblood:

Sorry, but I already have previous compromises with my brothers from Austria and Germany. That said, while I intend to make a grab for Holland, I do not intend to initiate an offensive towards English soil.

Monseiur le President RacingeR.

To my Austrian and German Brothers:

I've got your backs, bros.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 02:50 PM
Seems like Russia got themsleves into a tricky situation with Germany, no? Shame, shame.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 02:54 PM
To Prime Minister Chaos Grayblood:

Sorry, but I already have previous compromises with my brothers from Austria and Germany. That said, while I intend to make a grab for Holland, I do not intend to initiate an offensive towards English soil.

Monseiur le President RacingeR.

To my Austrian and German Brothers:

I've got your backs, bros.

(Race, Holland is the one on the right, the one in your side is Belgium. I'd appreciate it if you left Holland to me)

RacingeR
December 31st, 2011, 03:16 PM
(Race, Holland is the one on the right, the one in your side is Belgium. I'd appreciate it if you left Holland to me)

(Well, okay then.)

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 05:25 PM
If the Czar Yun is willing to lend an ear, perhaps there can be an understanding that can be reached in order to help each other. If anything, you'll be needing a friend or two unless you want to be in a bad sandwhich between the nations that seek to encircle your borders.

Yun
December 31st, 2011, 06:11 PM
To Prime Minister Chaos Grayblood from Tsar Yun of Russia
Perhaps we can cooperate against the drunkGerman warmongers? They are even now bearing down upon the peaceful citizens of Warsaw trying to quench their lust for alcohol by stealing my citizen's Vodka.

King Usandru I
Would your troops be interested in some Russian Vodka? My people would be more than happy to bring your troops some but I'm afraid they're rather busy evacuating it from Warsaw in an attempt to keep it away from the advancing German hordes.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 06:38 PM
For your information, I am perfectly sober. Leopard, you said you wanted Galicia, right? Then you are hereby warned, Tsar of Russia. At fall I shall launch an attack at Warsaw trying to grab the Vodka you have. Shall you employ your might to save mighty Vodka, you will be able to prevent my advance- But Galicia shall finally party with Austrian ill moves.

Warsaw or Galicia, we get alcohol either way.

You find this plan acceptable, Leopard? Move your troops to galicia?

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 06:40 PM
...uh, Broski, I might need the army for something else. Brosandru hasn't assured me of his lack of desire for Triste, and I might need to cover that.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Alright then. I shall keep the Russian front at check then.

KAISER CHANGES MIND
"Disregard that, I eat wieners"
Blah blah blah blah Kaiser Erlkonig cancelled attack on Warsaw opting to hold the front and blah blah blah

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Not that I cannot lend my support, just, at this time, I do not have the diplomatic assurances in place that I would require.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Very well then, I will hold you to that.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 06:50 PM
On the bright side, Chaos has a clear shot at two builds which is really just leaving Germany waiting for the axe to drop.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 06:55 PM
France has two guaranteed builds as well, I trust Race to come to my aid.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 07:00 PM
Race has two or three builds. Chaos can either get two builds and let Race get three or get one and stop Race at two builds.

Whatever the case, since Usandru hasn't said anything at all, I don't really know if you can expect Race to drop everything and rush to your rescue when Italy hasn't said anything.

RacingeR
December 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
However, Chaos opening a fight against me that early can end up backfring in a lot of ways, and helps Germany go for Scandinavia, anyway. I will not say more on it, but I don't think that is gonna help Chaos that much.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 08:41 PM
Oh? It's not like Germany can do much in Scandinavia while focusing on Russia. And if you move against Chaos, then who's going to defend you against Italy?

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Italy is extremely wary of the potential French menace situation. With Germany being... otherwise occupied and England apparently of the opinion that their proud history of warfare across the channel is now meaningless, Italy seems the only power left to keep them in check.

All in all, we have a somewhat complicated situation here, I would say...

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:07 PM
And there we go. You were saying, Race?

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM
@ Usandru: Likewise, silly you :p I can only feel so good about that army in Venice sitting on my border, can I?

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:12 PM
@Leopard: Hey, can you really blame someone for staying put? Well, given the situation, I somewhat regret not moving a bit closer to France for a bit of balance of power, but who was I to know that everything was going to be fine and dandy?

I've no real interest in getting involved in Eastern Europe at this time though. That would be a good way to open my back to Mr. Six Supply Centres to my left.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Gee, Racinger, you shoulda been a smart France and not declared for anyone early.

Then again, what do I know? ¯\(°_o)/¯

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 09:14 PM
@ Usan: Guess I can't blame you, no, although year 1 Austrian attacks on Italy usually result in bad things for Austria XD.

RacingeR
December 31st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Gee Froggie, you are being really arrogant right now, tone it down a bit, will you? No offense, but it is kinda annoying.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'm being arrogant? Ahahaha, I'm stuck in a bind so I'm just laughing at those that are also in a bind.

Misery loves company.

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:16 PM
@ Usan: Guess I can't blame you, no, although year 1 Austrian attacks on Italy usually result in bad things for Austria XD.

In hindsight, it was overcautious. Which is what I get for this being game 1, I suppose. But I can tell you as much as that I don't think a year 1 Italian attack on Austria will go much better, even if Turkey and Russia are both trying to eat you.

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 09:17 PM
True that, yes: if I go down, they'll probably get more of me than you will.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:19 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, Usandru. I've only moved towards neutral supply centers. It's not like I've attacked or even obstructed Austria.

On the other hand, Russia has clearly worked against me, and now he's left himself open to Germany.

So excuse me if I gloat over someone who tried to screw me over getting screwed over instead.

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:19 PM
True that, yes: if I go down, they'll probably get more of me than you will.

It'd be like handing Turkey the Balkans on a sliver platter.

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, Usandru. I've only moved towards neutral supply centers. It's not like I've attacked or even obstructed Austria.

Not that any of your first turn moves would have directly obstructed me, silly Froggie. :D

It'd be like handing Turkey the Balkans on a sliver platter.

Or Russia, but Russia is in a bit of a spot.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Not that any of your first turn moves would have directly obstructed me, silly Froggie. :D

Still the truth.

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 09:24 PM
That it is.

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:25 PM

On the other hand, Russia has clearly worked against me, and now he's left himself open to Germany.

So excuse me if I gloat over someone who tried to screw me over getting screwed over instead.

Irrelevant, really. You're a threat to Austria which ties up resources, as well as the primary competitor for the Balkans along with Russia. If I attack Austria, his ability to make the two of you split them equally will go flushing down the toilet, and as I am, it's in my best interest to maintain status quo for a while more. A strong Turkey is almost as much of a nightmare for me as a strong France.

However I would never fault someone for gloating during a game. It would be terribly hypocritical of me.

(fume impotently on the other hand...)

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 09:27 PM
So Usandru, what do you say about DMZing the Tri/Ven border?

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:29 PM

Works for me.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:29 PM

I think Usandru has more important things to worry about that invading Austria to get immediately ejected in the next phase.

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 09:30 PM
Never hurts to get these things in typing, does it?

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:31 PM
Never hurts to get these things in typing, does it?

Certainly.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:45 PM
So, let's see then:

Russia blocked me from the Black Sea and has worked himself into a position with no real allies while is getting bum-rushed by Germany. His options are 1) Bounce in Sweden 2) Bounce in Rumania, and 3) Defend Warsaw. The end result is: Russia ends the year with exactly +0 supply centers unless he starts negotiating and making pretty offers.

Germany bum-rushed Russia at Austria's insistence and left his back open to a French attack. But France has already declared alliance to Germany, which is bad news for England. Since he's already attacking Russia, Germany will bounce Russia out of Sweden and can have +1 supply centers at the end of the year. +2 if Russia does not defend Warsa (This won't happen).

England made the usual move into the seas, but now he's facing an F/G alliance, which means he will have to move fast or get owned because...

France declared pro-Germany early and even managed to secure +3 supply centers in the first phase, but has probably not made himself any friends in the Atlantic or Mediterranean by moving greedily too fast and declaring for Germany early so...

Italy will probably have to move against France early or risk losing control of the Mediterranean to a power which is allied to the country which borders their North.

In the meantime, Austria moved against Russia and has deflected Italy to go fight against France while securing himself a likely +2 supply centers.

...Think the big winner this phase was Leo because he got his allies to do EVERYTHING, while he leisurely did not commit anything overtly aggressive and guaranteed himself a likely +2.

Good going, Austria.

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 09:52 PM
To Tsar Yun of Russia:
Prepare yourself well. As I see it, if Turkey decides to bear down on you, something may happen unless you can try a different tactic. It's possible for me to occupy the Germans, but it'll take some effort. Rest assured, we must keep an eye out for any and all eventualities.

Also, we have some fine beer and ale ourselves and conduct ourselves properly unless someone decides to provoke us badly. It's time for them to smell the roses. Let us fight together then, and hopefully we shall conduct ourselves with honor by ending this war.

Prime Minister Chaos Greyblood

OOC: It has come to my attention that Italy actually has 2 fleets and 1 army instead of 2 armies and 1 fleet. The jDip version that I have shows the traditional setup for Italy so unless I was under a rock all of these months, how did Italy switched to 2 fleets and 1 army?

Also, I was wondering if we should make the posts on the IC thread concerning all overal movements as well as relevant info and treaties concerning the game? I think that the movements will probably get a bit lost on pages of OOC posts and whatnot and it would be nice if we keep this better organized.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 09:58 PM
I'm waiting for Russia to offer me Rumania in exchange for help in stemming the Austro-German tide, but right now I'm feeling that I'd probably just go "Lolnope. Deal with it yourself."

Maybe I'll feel more charitable after a few drinks.

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 10:03 PM
You're saying it as though I don't count, Froggie. Watch yourself.

Froggie
December 31st, 2011, 10:05 PM
OOC: It has come to my attention that Italy actually has 2 fleets and 1 army instead of 2 armies and 1 fleet. The jDip version that I have shows the traditional setup for Italy so unless I was under a rock all of these months, how did Italy switched to 2 fleets and 1 army?

Also, I was wondering if we should make the posts on the IC thread concerning all overal movements as well as relevant info and treaties concerning the game? I think that the movements will probably get a bit lost on pages of OOC posts and whatnot and it would be nice if we keep this better organized.

We're playing Fleet Rome variant. You can find it in the list of variants when you chose to make a new game. They're all listed in alphabetical order.

Also, everything is fine, here, I think.

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 10:12 PM
Just so I can stir things up for a bit for the hell of it, I may as well see for myself what will Austria do in the Fall season.

To Il Duce Usandru of Italy:

What shall be your moves concerning Austria? Shall you move towards them and surprise them for a bit or will you be content on ganing positions from African soil? Consider your options and choose wisely.

Prime Minister Chaos Greyblood of England

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 10:50 PM
Germany bum-rushed Russia at Austria's insistence and left his back open to a French attack. But France has already declared alliance to Germany, which is bad news for England. Since he's already attacking Russia, Germany will bounce Russia out of Sweden and can have +1 supply centers at the end of the year. +2 if Russia does not defend Warsa (This won't happen).

Funny as it may sound, that wasn't my idea. I just set up the bounce in Gal because that's pretty standard practice for Austria, moves come in, and I'm all "whoa there hoss, nice invasion."

Just so I can stir things up for a bit for the hell of it, I may as well see for myself what will Austria do in the Fall season.

To Il Duce Usandru of Italy:

What shall be your moves concerning Austria? Shall you move towards them and surprise them for a bit or will you be content on ganing positions from African soil? Consider your options and choose wisely.

Prime Minister Chaos Greyblood of England

Know what happens when Austria and Italy fight? Dead Austria and Dead Italy. Nobody wins there.

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 10:57 PM
Except those that weren't directly involved in it. :3

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 10:58 PM
Sure, but why is he going to agree to it, silly Chaos?

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 11:33 PM
For the lulz, and because that'll create a bit of pressure, even if it's a temporary one. :3

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 11:34 PM
Because he's going to poke at me, and I'm just going to be all alright with it.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 11:34 PM
Chaos... The only one I'm pretty sure doesn't want to end up one-upping the rest is me, ​because I'm Leo's diplo bitch

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 11:35 PM
Lies, Erl. You came up with your uberRussiaplan all on your own. :p

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 11:37 PM
No, alf helped right there

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 11:38 PM
I don't care about what you guys have already have together. And just for that, Austria's gonna be kept busy for a while, even if I have to prod around it.

Go for it, Italy! Give a swift punt to the buttocks on Austria and shut up Leo!

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 11:39 PM
Geez, what did I ever do to you? XD

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 11:40 PM
You're the heavy favorite, and from experience the sooner the heavy favorite is smashed to the ground before he picks up the heat, all the better.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 11:40 PM
You are aware you're telling two nations reluctant to break the status quo to launch a destructive war against each other, right?

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 11:41 PM
Isn't that the real name of the game? Unless Alf really wants the alliances to play nice for the time being. :P

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 11:42 PM
You're the heavy favorite, and from experience the sooner the heavy favorite is smashed to the ground before he picks up the heat, all the better.

Heavy favorite? Oh, Froggie got to you. So, so wrong. If anything, you have the upper hand. Germany is shifted far to the east, France is going to be shifted to the south. It would be possible for you to take both at the same time and win, which would give you the entirety of the west: nobody else could take advantage of it.

Erlkonig
December 31st, 2011, 11:42 PM
The real name of the game is Realpolitik

Chaos Greyblood
December 31st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Well, let me put this down as I see the game like this:

You'll always going to have problems trying to put an adversary away when it comes down to it. Apparently, the best way to do this is to try and take the territories piece by piece and pile all the gained resources together. And when you get more resources after taking over foreign land, you gotta keep them safe because it's no good to leave them for your little brother to lose them for you, isn't it? Then I heard that the best thing to do in such cases is to apply the Scorched Earth Policy. You gotta stoke the fires in your men for the duration of the war and prepare them and the sight of burning down an opponent's home field will look glorious to their eyes. You have to make sure to gain whatever valuables, documents or whatever plays your fancy before setting things on fire. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to sort all of this out from burnt ash, now do ya? :3

Mortar fire, tank shells and other explosives will blow stuff up and go through people like a hot knife through butter. You need at least a nice and sizable number of armies to do this in a few swift strokes, so be wary of any man who has watched and experienced the Scorched Earth Policy! The raging fires will be able to burn around 500 acres unmolested and so they'll be able to burn at least 10 acres for at least every 15 minutes. Hence the expression 'Burn in the flames of Hell!'

Want to know how I write this up? Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsQ2gPzAf4

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 11:58 PM
Mmm, Usandru, are you by chance entertaining these self-destructive thoughts of attacking me?

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 12:00 AM
Mmm, Usandru, are you by chance entertaining these self-destructive thoughts of attacking me?

Ahahahahaha. No.

I want to live, thank you very much. I might not be able to win (though never say never! =P) but at the very least, I'd like it if I can last until the game grinds to a halt and we call ceasefire.

alfheimwanderer
January 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM
Isn't that the real name of the game? Unless Alf really wants the alliances to play nice for the time being. :P

I'm not getting paid to be here any more than you are. Carry on. Stoke the fires of war (or not) - I don't really care. Just don't attack Switzerland, where we're holding this conference.

SeiKeo
January 1st, 2012, 12:07 AM
F ALB-SWI

Chaos Greyblood
January 1st, 2012, 12:14 AM
Ahahahahaha. No.

I want to live, thank you very much. I might not be able to win (though never say never! =P) but at the very least, I'd like it if I can last until the game grinds to a halt and we call ceasefire.

I went through a total ceasefire last time and well... let's just say I missed my chance to make history with Bryn-chan. Just ask Alf. He was there.

I'm not getting paid to be here any more than you are. Carry on. Stoke the fires of war (or not) - I don't really care. Just don't attack Switzerland, where we're holding this conference.

Although.... that look on their face when they see everything settled... Yeah, I'm not sure it should be funny or crazy. oWo We aren't that stupid in attacking Switzerland, are we?

alfheimwanderer
January 1st, 2012, 12:25 AM
Although.... that look on their face when they see everything settled... Yeah, I'm not sure it should be funny or crazy. oWo We aren't that stupid in attacking Switzerland, are we?

Do you really want to get rid of all the money for your armies, so that your countries will go into civil disorder?

RacingeR
January 1st, 2012, 04:16 PM
I am seriously amazed at some of the players' thoughts in this game.

SeiKeo
January 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
Mmmm?

Erlkonig
January 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM
Field Marshall: Sir, why did we move all our armies to Russia, you understand that doing such without securing Austria's support is ludi-
Erlkonig: SILENCE, EDEM! ...I am trying to focus.
Field Marshall: ...Sir, why are you writing a letter and who are you writing to?
Erlkonig: Well, you see, since the recess from the conference is over, now I can only communicate via mail. Which is why I am sendi-
Field Marshall: *Opens letter* ...Sir, I wasn't aware that you were an English prince, nor was I aware that you were in the business of scamming.
Erlkonig: What ludicrous things are you talking about, Edem!? You'd dare impersonate the british!? Guards, arrest him, take him to the SLASH EMPEROR.
Field Marshal: *Dragged away* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
Erlkonig: *Swiftly grabs letter and burns it* Like I would use spam mail to smear the honor of another country, wow, so stupid

SeiKeo
January 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM
The Kaiser seems to have not discovered the wonder of the telegraph.

Erlkonig
January 1st, 2012, 04:26 PM
The Kaiser seems to have not discovered the wonder of the telegraph.

Do tell me more about this. ...Could I send messages in English to news centers offering penis-enlarging products? You know, in a completely innocent way.

alfheimwanderer
January 1st, 2012, 11:45 PM
From the Secretary General: Would highly appreciate moves soon.

RacingeR
January 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
I'll probably hand them in tomorrow, kinda hard to think stuff properly right now, and I still have to decide a pair of moves.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 02:46 AM
I already turned in my orders last night before the New Year.

Erlkonig
January 2nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Also, once these two games are over, anyone up for a Modern Variant of Diplo? I'll tailor it to make it for 7 players.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Fall 1901 - Movement Results

Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter because nobody listens.
--Nick Diamos

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/England-1.png

England: F NTH - Hol, A Edi - Nor, F NWG C A Edi - Nor
The English move to the frozen north, seizing control of Norway, is no surprise to anyone with the least inkling of politics on the Continent. In an interesting tidbit, once, long ago, Harald Hardrada attempted to conquer England, proclaiming himself King of Norway and the British Isles - the time has come for turnabout, apparently. Of greater surprise is the English seizure of Holland, a threat to Germany's main port of Kiel.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/France-1.png

France: F MAO - Por, A Mar - Spa, A Pic - Bel
The French have little to worry about at the end of the year, fixated on each other as the rest of Europe is at the moment, and thus they claim their traditional territories in Iberia...and Belgium, surprisingly. It seems they managed to work out an accommodation with the British - perhaps Central Europe should be worried about this turn of events?

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Italy-1.png

Italy: A Ven - Pie, F TYS - WES, F ION - Tun
Or perhaps France should be worried about the endeavours of Italy, as its fleets steam west, perhaps to challenge the military might of France over the Peninsula.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Austria-1.png

Austria:A Vie - Gal, F Alb - Gre, A Ser S F Alb - Gre
Austria simply continues what it does best - seizing control of most of the Balkans and moving into position to take Warsaw in the spring. For now, it has not clashed with Turkey or Italy over territory - but that is only for now.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Germany-1.png

Germany: A Den - Swe, A Pru - Lvn, A Sil - Pri
Its quite obvious by now that Germany wishes to crush the might of the Russian Empire, though they decide against an attack on Warsaw this autumn, choosing instead to get into position to threaten St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Warsaw - and of course, denying Sweden to the Russian navy.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Russia-1.png

Russia: F Sev - BLA, A War Hold, A Ukr S A War Hold, F GoB - Swe
For now, the Russian Bear survives with its supply centers intact, but it fails to make any headway in capturing new ones, and on a map where everyone else is expanding in power, they are most likely doomed, unless they can get someone to side with them.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Turkey-1.png

Turkey: A Bul - Rum, A Con - Bul, F Ank - BLA
Turkey, taking advantage of Russia's embattled state, seizes both Rumania and Bulgaria for itself, securing a little plot of land for itself in the corner of Europe. It may yet be the one that decides whether Russia's attempts to survive succeed or fail.

Full Moves:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/AlfGuess1901F-1.png

Results:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/FleetRome-BLPublicPress-F1901B.png

Austria: 2 Builds
England: 2 Builds
France: 3 Builds
Germany: 1 Build
Italy: 1 Build
Russia: No builds
Turkey: 2 Builds

Submit Builds to me ASAP.

Comments: What an interesting year this has been - Russia gets hammered brutally, France is left alone, and an Axis seems to be forming, around which Europe may well turn - if Germany isn't gutted by England and France first, that is. Only time will tell...

Erlkonig
January 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
>Me
>Axis

THE AXIS OF BOOZE

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Well, this could turn out quite well or quite badly.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
From my standpoint, Russia can still come back, but only if Yun can somehow shore up his defenses. I think he should have gotten the other half of Scandinavia sooner and he'd have an bulding order to work with, at least.

Well then... I think I know what to do next. :)

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Be English, go colonize.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Certainly, Yun can make a comeback. There's always that chance.

But he would have to start posting more and negotiating more, I think. Seriously, Diplomacy is not a game in which you can afford to be silent while others are talking for you.

Also, I've pretty much given up on trying to understand what you guys are thinking.

Seriously, you guys are weird.

Mike1984
January 2nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Well, talking a lot and trying to negotiate doesn't seem to work either....

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
^^ Who don't ya understand, lah?

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
I think she's confused on how wacky and warlike we are at times with this game.

Also, Yun should pop in often and post if he knows what's good for Russia. Otherwise, the English Empire will take the Russian silence as a bad sign. :P

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM

Negotiate =/= threatening to suicide against someone if they don't give you the territory you desire.

Negotiate especially =/= doing it to every single one​ of your neighbours.

Mike1984
January 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Erm, what?

Froggie

Maybe others used sweeter words? Then again, being Russia is tough. It's such a large territory that everyone wants a piece of it...

SeiKeo
Negotiate =/= threatening to suicide against someone if they don't give you the territory you desire.

Negotiate especially =/= doing it to every single one​ of your neighbours.

...I'm not sure how you're supposed to suicide against 4 countries at once.

Mike1984
January 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Maybe others used sweeter words? Then again, being Russia is tough. It's such a large territory that everyone wants a piece of it...

Half the players didn't bother talking to me at all, so I don't see how the hell I could have insulted them....

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Half the players didn't bother talking to me at all, so I don't see how the hell I could have insulted them....

I didn't say you did. Just that maybe others used sweeter words? And, yes, getting others to talk in Leo's Diplomacy game is, at times, like pulling teeth from a crocodile.

Mike1984
January 2nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
I didn't say you did. Just that maybe others used sweeter words?

Well, perhaps, but I wasn't nasty. I just tend to be rather direct....

And, yes, getting others to talk in Leo's Diplomacy game is, at times, like pulling teeth from a crocodile.

Yeah, I had noticed that....

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
@Chaos Greyblood
Would you be willing to support me in protecting the people of Sweeden from German oppression and potentially liberating St.Petersburg from German occupation?

@Froggie
So what would you want in exchange for helping me fight the Austrians? Not that I can give you much that you couldn't take by force in my current predicament.

Erlkonig
January 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
>Me
>Oppression

Yeah no lol in your dreams

RacingeR
January 2nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
As Chaos is right now, he could very well try and get a piece of the big cake by going to St. Petersburg.

Still, not gonna really say much or plan much until next turn~.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
So what would you want in exchange for helping me fight the Austrians? Not that I can give you much that you couldn't take by force in my current predicament.

For now? Stop obstructing me from the Black Sea would be a good start.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
Yun, you have this interesting assumption that I am set out to get you. I am not. Gal was a defensive move, that I expected you to bounce, and that if I did not make, put me under great danger. Shall we talk?

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
@LB I'm always willing to talk so make your offer.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
For a start, want Rum?

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
What is Rum going for these days?

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
Goes for a lack of stupid wars.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Austro-German offer of Rumania is better than anything I can offer right now, that's for sure.

Then again, offering Rumania while threatening Warsaw and Moscow is enough to make me laugh.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:02 PM
I don't threaten Warsaw and Moscow: Erl does. I don't speak for Erl, but I will say, Yun, you can say no to me and go down in the north and in all likelyhood in the south, or you can say yes, loose some ground in the north, and gain in the south.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Of course, of course.

It's easy to say "It wasn't me" after the fact. All you did was urge Erlkonig and are not actually threatening the territories yourself.

It's not you, just your ally.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Urge? I said nothing to him of the sort. In all truth, I would have preferred something more conventional.

RacingeR
And of course, the one that would gain from dissent between Russia and Austria is Turkey. Even if only to buy more time..?

Yun
@LB Right so your offering to give me Rum while your ally is going full steam ahead driving deep into the Russian heartland, please make me a better offer.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
@LB Right so your offering to give me Rum while your ally is going full steam ahead driving deep into the Russian heartland, please make me a better offer.

Hey Erl. Wanna convey LVN to Scandinavia to help Yun out a bit? Look here Yun, I'm giving you a lifeline here, thin as it may be. You can get in on a division of Turkey, or you can not.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
And of course, the one that would gain from dissent between Russia and Austria is Turkey. Even if only to buy more time..?

I gain nothing from helping Russia either. Heck, I'd gain more from striking a deal with Leo and fighting against Yun, who's against a wall.

So, try again?

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hey Erl. Wanna convey LVN to Scandinavia to help Yun out a bit?

I think you meant convoy here, which brings us to:

Convoy the fleet in LVN to Scandinavia with what fleet? Yun's fleet in BOT? So that it's tied up in a failed convoy order instead of defending?

Leo, you ARE devious.

Wow.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Or, you know, it could just remove an attacking army from Yun's borders and hit somebody who is also attacking him. You can not trust me and die fast, or you can trust me and quite possibly live.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Or, you know, die super fast by writing moves which are bound to fail.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
What to do? Do I really help out Yun get half of Scandinavia or try to end Russia's misery while messing up Germany and obstructing France while Italy sneaks by?

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Yun, do I get something good out of this should I give you my help?

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Do you want half of Turkey or not, that is the question?

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
And then there's the other option which is talk someone into burning down Berlin...

Erlkonig
January 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Hey Erl. Wanna convey LVN to Scandinavia to help Yun out a bit? Look here Yun, I'm giving you a lifeline here, thin as it may be. You can get in on a division of Turkey, or you can not.

Sure. Do I have to lift the Iron Curtain, because I won't do that.

EDIT: I'm... Not gonna be able to participate in this convo due to having to leave. Sorry guys =X

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
I would have thought that the Sultana Froggie should have used her Channel in order to branch out towards Italy and after getting more territory, she can build another army and fleet to protect her borders from Russia.

Froggie

I'll do it except that I won't do it!

Snrk.

SeiKeo

Just go get some Swedish babes instead of Poles.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
I would have thought that the Sultana Froggie should have used her Channel in order to branch out towards Italy and after getting more territory, she can build another army and fleet to protect her borders from Russia.

That didn't happen because Yun didn't trust me early on and see what happened :p

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Hey Erl. Wanna convey LVN to Scandinavia to help Yun out a bit? Look here Yun, I'm giving you a lifeline here, thin as it may be. You can get in on a division of Turkey, or you can not.Can't stop laughing at the fact that you'd think I'd be stupid enough to believe Erl would even for a moment think about not going for either St. Petersburg or Moscow when they're undefended.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
How can he when he interpreted your moves towards St. Petersburg as an attack? With an extra fleet, you could have a defense anyway since it's basically a one-way road towards the Turkish Empire from that position.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Can't stop laughing at the fact that you'd think I'd be stupid enough to believe Erl would even for a moment think about not going for either St. Petersburg or Moscow when they're undefended.

So, I take it that you don't want Rum.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
I have a feeling Oktoberfest is about to be adapted English style.

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
So, I take it that you don't want Rum.Even IF you actually supported me and didn't backstab me it wouldn't net me a positive SC count because Erl would take 1-2 of my homeland SC while I was busy helping you "divide" Turkey up.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Even IF you actually supported me and didn't backstab me it wouldn't net me a positive SC count because Erl would take 1-2 of my homeland SC while I was busy helping you "divide" Turkey up.

So, that's a no.

Froggie
And can Erlklonig defend Berlin from the English with only one build in Spring 1902 and Yun desperately trying to defend himself?

Dun dun dun.

RacingeR
Well, as said before, I'll wait a while before negotiating with some of my neighbours. But I have to say, I find all this quite amusing.

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
@Chaos Greyblood
Sadly I can't add a little Russian spin to your restyling of Oktoberfest due to the Germans crashing my party in search of Vodka but I wish you luck.
@Froggie As always it depends if I can hold out until Winter.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:34 PM
So I'll take that as a no.

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM
Do Russian's love their Vodka?

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM
@Froggie As always it depends if I can hold out until Winter.

Eh, remembering the Hurt and Heal thread, Erlkonig folds when pushed.

Holding out until Winter is easy and with Chaos nom-nom'ing the centers he needs to actually produce units, the Russian winter will claim the German army unless he turns back.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
^^ Was the Pope Polish?

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
^Please specify which Pope your talking about.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
The Polish one.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Yun, how are your options looking right now?

Also, anyone willing to duscuss anything with me?

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Look to your neighbors.

If Racinger wants to win, you should talk about divvying up the, you know, completely defenseless Germany.

Which is just there.

Defenseless.

Preferably before Italy can bring to bear those fleets in the Mediterranean.

But, hey, what do I know? ¯\(°_o)/¯

RacingeR
January 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
Yun, how are your options looking right now?

Also, anyone willing to duscuss anything with me?

I may be willing to discuss neutrality with you, but later after seeing how armies have been built xP.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Well, Chaos, Racinger doesn't seem to want to talk about divvying up Germany, so I guess you're talking to Italy about keeping France occupied while you attack the defenseless Germany and then you guys talk about divvying up France.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Depends if Italy builds up his forces well and Il Duce deems that striking down France is the best course of action to take while making sure Austria doesn't attack him.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Why would I attack Italy? I'm trying to juggle Froggie and Yun here.

RacingeR
January 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Well, Chaos, Racinger doesn't seem to want to talk about divvying up Germany, so I guess you're talking to Italy about keeping France occupied while you attack the defenseless Germany and then you guys talk about divvying up France.

Really Froggie? You want me to talk about backstabbing my ally while still blind?

As I said, I may negotiate with Chaos when the time comes, but I will wait to see the actual map before acting. Also, gotta love how you are trying to get Italy and France to self-destruct against one each other.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
If Leo is stupid (or brave?) enough to look away from the East, I'm going to die laughing.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
Oh, I may suck at negotiations, but I can play a pretty decent tactical game. Tactics 1: if you don't have troops on a front, YOU ARE GOING TO GET FUCKED IN ITS ASS

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Really Froggie? You want me to talk about backstabbing my ally while still blind?

Why not? It's Diplomacy. You stand to either divide Germany between yourself and England, or fight to defend him while being attacked between two other powers.

Playing to win, I would look to strike a deal and send Italy back into the East while calmly divvying up the defenseless power.

It's his fault for leaving himself open like that, after all.

You can either benefit, or you can not.

As I said, I may negotiate with Chaos when the time comes, but I will wait to see the actual map before acting.

And choosing to wait is your choice, but Chaos and Usandru already know you're pro-Germany, so will they give you time to negotiate?

Also, gotta love how you are trying to get Italy and France to self-destruct against one each other.

Well, it's not like Italy has reason to worry about me at this point, do they?

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
@Chaos If nobody attacks the completely defenseless Germany or if you and/or Froggie don't help me I'm pretty much going to die eventually.
@LB More like I'm trying to juggle You, Germany and possibly Turkey.
@Froggie So what are you willing to give me for the Black Sea?

RacingeR
January 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Oh, I may suck at negotiations, but I can play a pretty decent tactical game. Tactics 1: if you don't have troops on a front, YOU ARE GOING TO GET FUCKED IN ITS ASS

Exactly why I am not declaring anything for myself until I see shit :p.

Also, while it is true that looking away from the east is a bad move, one Austrian army is enough to actually complicate things for Italy if it has all its resources invested in the med.

But hey, that's out of my hands.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM
@LB More like I'm trying to juggle You, Germany and possibly Turkey.

And Froggie's trying to juggle us. It's just a big circlejuggle over here in the Balkans.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:10 PM
@Froggie So what are you willing to give me for the Black Sea?

Unlike Leo, I'm obviously in no position to offer any supply centers because I'm in this as deep as you are, but if I get the Black Sea, I can defend my own interests which frees me up to offer my support elsewhere if you catch my drift. From there, well, until the Austro-German attack is pushed back I suppose our interests will coincide.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
Two crashing trains hitched together does a success make? I'll believe it when I see it.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
Ahahahaha, you speak as if you're in a much better position.

Leo, Erlkonig folds.

When the going gets tough, Erlkonig gets going, like that time in the Hurt and Heal thread.

Honestly, do you think he'll keep pressure on Russia when he wont have any centers to produce units with?

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Ah, truly, you are a cruel woman, Froggie. Can't say I remember H&H that much XD

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
I've never claimed to be a nice person or anything close to resembling one.

I don't know where you guys keep getting the idea that I'm nice :p

You keep acting as if Russia and Turkey are going to magically disappear by Fall 1902, but that's nothing but empty optimism.

And I honestly don't think that what Erlkonig stands to gain in one phase in Russia outweighs what he's going to lose from leaving himself, you know, completely defenseless.

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
It's a rule. If you don't keep your own Supply Centers safe which attacking or defending, you won't build any armies and you'll have to remove some of them in order to make up for the difference of the remaining Supply Centers and that is crippling until you lose everything.

This is where I agree with Froggie. If Germany's Supply Centers go, Erikonig will go.

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
Even worse, you can only build in your Home Centers.

Heck, lets be completely optimistic and assume that he manages to take two centers in 1902.

What's he going to do if he loses Kiev and Berlin? Because if Chaos plays smartly and Erlkonig insists in pushing to Russia, Munich is the only center he will have left. And what can he do with Munich? Build armies which border Italy and Austria? Hmmmmm....

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Indeed, Froggie. Which is why it's very important to keep them safe and make armies in accordance to the current landscape in the game.

If he gets caught for the battle for the rest of Scandinavia while battling Russia, his other two armies will be one step behind by the time I keep advancing to the east. :P

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 11:28 PM
What's he going to do if he loses Kiev and Berlin? Because if Chaos plays smartly and Erlkonig insists in pushing to Russia, Munich is the only center he will have left. And what can he do with Munich? Build armies which border Italy and Austria? Hmmmmm....

Hmmmmmm.....

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:34 PM
Honestly, pushing headlong into Russia when you only have the assurance of one allied country at your back? Seriously bad move.

So, yes, go ahead. Rush into Russia. Take two supply centers, if you can, and enjoy losing Kiev and Berlin. I'm sure Austria will be delighted when you're only capable of building armies on their northern border.

I'm sure it won't be so bad with France at your back. It's not like they have Italy breathing down their neck or anything.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
In any case, who are we waiting on for builds?

Chaos Greyblood
January 2nd, 2012, 11:44 PM
I sent my building orders to Alf hours ago.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Winter 1901 - Build Results

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/Winter1901Builds.png

Austria: Build A Vie, Build A Bud
England: Build A Lon, Build F Lvp
France: Build F Mar, Build F Bre, Build A Par
Germany: Build F Kie
Italy: Build F Nap
Turkey: Build F Con, Build F Smy

Results:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/Salience1/FleetRome-BLPublicPress-S1902M.png

In light of the Release of Katawa Shoujo:
Spring 1902 Orders due by January 5, 2012, 2359 Pacific Standard Time

Froggie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:55 PM
January 4?

You expect me to Diplomacy on the release date of Katawa Shoujo?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 11:55 PM
Well, hmmmm.

^ NMR

RacingeR
January 3rd, 2012, 12:00 AM
That is all I was waiting to see.

Well Chaos, negotiations open~.

Chaos Greyblood
January 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Yo, Alf! I'm missing an army here.

alfheimwanderer
January 3rd, 2012, 12:02 AM
In light of the Release of Katawa Shoujo:
Spring 1902 Orders due by January 5, 2012, 2359 Pacific Standard Time

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 12:03 AM
Erl and Yun, have fun with your coinflip.

RacingeR
January 3rd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Actually, not in the mood right now. Time to read VNs.

I'll negotiate tomorrow, once I get some much needed sleep.

Chaos Greyblood
January 3rd, 2012, 02:16 AM
Take your time, R2. I myself need to play stuff too in light of the following scenarios.

Erlkonig
January 3rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Can't stop laughing at the fact that you'd think I'd be stupid enough to believe Erl would even for a moment think about not going for either St. Petersburg or Moscow when they're undefended.

...I wouldn't.

I really don't like this image you have of me, like I'm some terrible warmonger or something. I'm not going to attack either St. Petesburg or Moscow.

--In fact. I'm going to help you, just so you see that we aren't a bad team.

Here's the deal- I help you get both sweden AND Norway, and we sign a non-agression pact.

Convoy my Liv army to finland, then I'll support your entrance with two of my units, getting Sweden. Then we'll attack Norway, and you'll get that too.

You're in a bad position, this is a great offer. What say you?

EDIT: Wow, Froggie. You are a BAD girl, damn.