PDA

View Full Version : Fate/Credens Justitiam (OOC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

alfheimwanderer
December 29th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Fate/Credens Justitiam

Welcome to the Nasuverse.

And what a welcome it is, as you are greeted by a vision of none other than Archmagus Lizleihi Justica Von Einzbern, who sacrificed herself to create the Greater Grail, the grand artifact which powers the esoteric ritual called Heaven's Feel, a ritual which was created as a way to reach the Root of All Things - and which has subsequently become corrupted by the summoning of Avenger. Now the omnipotent vessel of wishes has become a force for destruction - a force which will soon be unleashed upon an unwitting world, unless someone intervenes.

...which is where you come in.

Premise:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it (and you'd be wise to, as the alternative is death), is to prevent the destruction of Fuyuki, as well as a possible release of Avenger in the 4th iteration of the Holy Grail War. In essence, you represent the attempt of what remains of Lizleihi's mind to keep the end from coming, weakened as it is from the corruption. Please note: Agreeing to this mission constitutes the acceptance of a powerful geas, and should you try to cause the destruction of the world or blow up the Greater Grail, you will die.

You are located in an isolated facility formerly belonging to the Sea of Estray, a safehouse/bunker of sorts that its magi once used in the days when the Association was actively in conflict with the Holy Church and its Executors. Its not a very modern place by any means, lacking any sort of advanced technology, but it has running water (and bathroom facilities), comfortable living quarters, and enough in the way of dried food/a greenhouse tended by spirits bound to the land to meet your basic needs - as well as a well-sorted library and workshop personally used by the Archmagus at one point as a private retreat.

Your circuits have been activated on arrival, with your alignment known to you.

Your skills from your old life are intact, and can be used as a base for you to build on.

You will emerge on the eve of the Grail War, very shortly before all the masters have yet arrived, at one of the abandoned Edelfelt mansions, where you will collectively summon a Servant (or two, if you manage to stop one of the other Masters) in a modified ritual that ties the Servant to you collectively, allowing you to work together to supply prana. Of note, you have a collective choice to make - either your Servant may have enhanced healing/prana regeneration abilities, but you will have no Command Seals to use; or you may each have one Command Seal to use (either to empower yourself or the Servant) and no enhanced regeneration (remember, once you use up your Seal, you will have no further tie to the Servant, so be careful).

Specifics:

IC will be posted after the New Year, so take the time to discuss, ask questions, etc!

Player Chars allowed: 8 max (hard cap)

Requirements: Each player must submit a character sheet to the GM, whether posted in the thread or by PM. Once selected, I will PM you your Circuit information, and your first post in the RP will be an initial reaction to finding yourself where you are, as well as a summary of what you intend to study in the 3 years before the War. I will then, based on a combination of luck, initial skills, and alignment, tell you your results (keep what you want reasonable), after which, we move directly to the summoning, and your Mission will begin.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Mundane Special Talents:
Flaws:

Circuit Count: <GM Determined>
Alignment: <GM Determined>

Good luck, try not to die, and don't worry - all that is in your hands is the Fate of the World.

Players:

1. Yun - 17 Circuits, Earth (204 Max Prana channelled, 62 od)
2. Elyrin - 26 Circuits, Fire (520 Max Prana channelled, 156 od)
3. mangafreak7793 - 16 Circuits, Wind (288 Max Prana channelled, 86 od)
4. Usandru - 26 Circuits, Wind/Fire (572 Max Prana channelled, 172 od)
5. EnigmaticFellow - 32 Circuits, Water (608 Max Prana channelled, 183 od)
6. zlol365 - 26 Circuits, Fire (338 Max Prana Channelled, 102 od)
7. Lianru - 20 Circuits, Water/Fire (400 Max Prana Channelled, 120 od)
8. HolySeraph - 18 Circuits, Water (252 Max prana Channelled, 76 od)

Waiting List:
1. Fangstrike - 23 Circuits, Fire (460 Max Prana Channelled, 138 od)
2. Blackdeath6031 - 27 Circuits, Fire (324 Max Prana Channelled, 98 od)

Notes: Od levels represent how much you can reasonably store up to at any given time (though usually you keep less on you than in artifacts or such). You can temporarily exceed this, but will incur a penalty to movement and concentration due to the increased activity of circuits, as well as gaining a penalty to stealth due to prana leakage. As a reference for spells, reinforcement costs about 2 units of prana, while an A-rank spell is generally 70+ units.

mangafreak7793
December 29th, 2011, 03:33 AM
I'll join but are we going to do this in the same style as Fish's Einzbern RP since I think it will go at a much quicker pace.

I'll send you a sheet in the morning.

alfheimwanderer
December 29th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I'll join but are we going to do this in the same style as Fish's Einzbern RP since I think it will go at a much quicker pace.

I'll send you a sheet in the morning.

Not the same style, no. You will have one post to do in the beginning, covering all 3 of your years, so be detailed about what you want/expect to learn. After that, you will be in Fuyuki, and the war will begin...

Yun
December 29th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Sign me up please Alf.

EnigmaticFellow
December 29th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I would like to join as well.

Blackdeath6031
December 29th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Tempting, but worried I might be overloading myself again >__>

Put me down as a very tentative player, if you could.

I'll join if there aren't enough players, but otherwise count me out please.

Usandru
December 29th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I expressed interest previously, and see little reason to change my mind. Consider me in.

zlol365
December 29th, 2011, 09:37 AM
count me in if theres slots.

deviatesfish
December 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM
If I wasn't already in too many games...

alfheimwanderer
December 29th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Mm, ok. Looks like we have a potential 6, so get me your char sheets ASAP

Usandru
December 29th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Have a profile. Freshly copy-pasted, with minor edits. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K4XWDZc3opwwo_EC7tYRMofEf9Wv5HmpfmadcrzzrcM/edit)

Lianru
December 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Oops, I missed this. Oh well.

alfheimwanderer
December 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM
YOu are free to submit a provisional profile, if you'd like to join.

Lianru
December 29th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Aren't all the slots filled up?

alfheimwanderer
December 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Aren't all the slots filled up?

Most likely. However, its possible someone won't submit theirs...

Lianru
December 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Oh, okay then. Please put me on the waiting list.

Name: Vanessa Liu

Appearance: Long(ish) black hair, brown eyes, 164 cm, Asian. Wears extremely thick glasses.

Personality: Very quiet, even when talking. Tries not to bother or judge people too much. Extremely patient.

Mundane special talents:
Music (theory, piano, violin, flute)
Origami
Math
Needlework
Housework
Languages (Chinese, very little Japanese, very little Spanish)
Never gets angry
Good at memorizing

Flaws to note:
No self-esteem, prone to get frustrated at self/depressed
Cannot survive without glasses
Sometimes careless
Very little creative ability
Too shy to function in society

Yun
December 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Character sheet sent.

EnigmaticFellow
December 30th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Here's my virtually CPed profile

Name: Christopher Monroe
Appearance: Has black hair and eyes, slightly brown skin, and wears a pair of glasses.
Personality: A man who keeps mostly to himself, Christopher prefers the more sedentary activities as opposed to the more active ones. He likes to read and study anything that interests him, logic being his strong point and main factor in making decisions.
Mundane Special Talents: Has knowledge in both the computer sciences and genetics due to studying them. In addition, he is a fast learner.
Flaws: Is near-sighted without corrective vision and is currently unfit. In addition, can sometimes overlook the obvious and would instead elect a more complex solution.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Sent it.,

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Received. Danke Schon. Now I am waiting on Zlol...

Fangstrike
December 30th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Please put my PC in line/wait list.

Below is profile.

Name: Alexander Ashenbert

Appearance: A tall, young man with a handsomely sharp-looking face adorned with bewitching ash-mauve eyes framed by short golden hair. He has a slightly pale complexion, but his slim build and lean body disavow any notion of him being weak or sickly.

Personality: Alexander is aware that the world can be a dark cruel place, but he hasn’t really experienced it, having led a relatively sheltered life. Sure, he’s dealt with normal things like bullies and backstabbing (metaphorically), but he’s never faced real evil in the face like murderers and other heinous criminals.

He can be considered a modern English gentleman, embodying all the honor and respect of a dying chivalric code, but he’s not to be confused with some kind of flake who believes good fortune just falls into the hands of good people like some divine law. Diligent work, intelligence, strong ethics and morality, and a natural charm that he’s not fully aware of have helped him succeed in life.

Alex is kind to his friends and swift with his enemies. He’s particularly polite towards women and children, having a fondness for them that comes with no ulterior motive. A little nave and an idiot, he’s still nowhere near as bad as Shirou.

Mundane Special Talents:

Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Mathematics.
Physically fit from a long history of regular exercise and martial arts training (including Baritsu, Boxing, Fencing, Baguazhang).
Has experience with firearms but more as a hobby than a profession.
Experienced teacher.
Fluent in multiple languages: French, Latin, and Scandinavian. English is his native speaking.
Knowledge of the occult with a focus on faeries. Although it is only a hobby, Alex devotes a significant amount of time to it to the point where it can be considered a second job. As a practicing Christian, he is a firm believer in the spiritual world.
Practicing musician capable of competently playing the violin and piano.
Flaws:

Has slight OCD.
Dislikes alcohol, big crowds, snakes, and spiders.
Afraid of dogs and babies.
Has a weak stomach, prone to getting sick when eating too much greasy food.
Tendency to overwork by spreading himself too thin, particularly for the sake of others, to the point of exhaustion.
Gets depressed easily.
Circuit Count: <GM Determined>
Alignment: <GM Determined>

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM
When do we find out our magic circuit and alignment. When all of us submit our profile?

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Your circuit counts and alignments are now available!

Players:

1. Yun - 17 Circuits, Earth (204 Max Prana channelled, 62 od)
2. Elyrin - 26 Circuits, Fire (520 Max Prana channelled, 156 od)
3. mangafreak7793 - 16 Circuits, Wind (288 Max Prana channelled, 86 od)
4. Usandru - 26 Circuits, Wind/Fire (572 Max Prana channelled, 172 od)
5. EnigmaticFellow - 32 Circuits, Water (608 Max Prana channelled, 183 od)
6. zlol365 - 26 Circuits, Fire (338 Max Prana Channelled, 102 od)
7. Lianru - 20 Circuits, Water/Fire (400 Max Prana Channelled, 120 od)

Waiting List:

1. Fangstrike - 23 Circuits, Fire (460 Max Prana Channelled, 138 od)
2. HolySeraph - 18 Circuits, Water (252 Max prana Channelled, 76 od)
3. Blackdeath6031 - 27 Circuits, Fire (324 Max Prana Channelled, 98 od)

Notes: Od levels represent how much you can reasonably store up to at any given time (though usually you keep less on you than in artifacts or such). You can temporarily exceed this, but will incur a penalty to movement and concentration due to the increased activity of circuits. As a reference for spells, reinforcement costs about 2 units of prana, while an A-rank spell is generally 70+ units.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 06:43 PM
So. Wind/Fire. My immediate reaction is "PLASMA!" but that might be just a tad outside the realms of the possible, even with three years and a good library. Anyone feel inspired when looking at the combo though?

Lianru
December 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
How does water/fire even work lol oh well I'm probably not even playing XD

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
STEAM! =P

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
GM Note: IC will be posted after the New Year, so take the time to discuss, ask questions, etc!

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Right. We kinda need a gameplan, or we'll suffer on entering the 4th War.

First off, we need to remember that we only have 3 years, so it's going to be specialize or die. Since we have to pretty much win the War, or at least be strong enough to do damage control, we'll probably want to specialize as a combat team of some sort.

My initial impression goes that I should be primary "striker", since I have decent circuits and Fire/Wind is a good attack combo. Yun is probably support, since Earth lends itself well to that. Elyrin and zlol some kind of heavy hitters/artillery with Fire, and Mangafreak as a support "striker". I'm not sure what Water would be best for, but given circuit count, I think Enigmatic might do well as the mainline fighter? The basic tactics would then be Yun setting up shop in the combat area, guarded by Elyrin, zlol and Enigmatic, with me and Mangafreak roaming as scouts/forward observation. Once the enemy hits, Enigmatic tries to draw attention and fire while Elyrin and zlol return fire, allowing me and Mangafreak to flank the enemy and strike.

I can already see a few issues with this setup though (primarily how to keep the mainliners from not dying), so I'd like to hear suggestions...?

We also need to pick a Servant and try to decide on our general plan of action. Who do we need to deal with most, what should our plans be once we emerge, how are we supposed to fight Gilgamesh, etc. etc.

Elyrin
December 30th, 2011, 07:33 PM
We need a healer or something.

EF/Lianru, volunteer~!

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 07:34 PM
That's true. Healing is also really important.

Think we should bump Waver and try to steal his Servant? Two Servants would be a pretty massive advantage, and I don't really want to go against Alexander.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM
mangafreak7793 - 16 Circuits, Wind (288 Max Prana channelled, 86 od)

Wow, My luck with the dice kind of sucks...my circuits is about the average magus (or a decent alchemist)

*Shrugs* Oh well, It'll have to do though I am curious that I ended up with wind so this will be interesting considering my flaws.

Elyrin
December 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, Alexander is pretty scary, having him around would be good.

Unfortunately, he can't beat Gil, so we should attempt to summon someone who can as our other servant. The question is, who?

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I kind of want to summon Patton...

Though in Nasuverse it might be a bad idea.

and considering my alignment I might be suited for Lancer, Rider and Assassin class.

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM
GM Note: If you do nothing and allow the order of things to remain, you will get Shakespeare (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Shakespeare) by default as a Caster-Class Servant.

Elyrin
December 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Oh god, please not him.

The war would be hard enough with a nice, top-tier servant, we don't need a trolling Caster that refuses to fight.

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I rolled a 17 for circuit count and earth alignment again? lol

So. Wind/Fire. My immediate reaction is "PLASMA!" but that might be just a tad outside the realms of the possible, even with three years and a good library. Anyone feel inspired when looking at the combo though?
Firestorms, burning of internal organs, fuel air bombs perhaps?, combination with water for rapid formation of Ice(hailstorm?).

How does water/fire even work lol oh well I'm probably not even playing XD
Your apparently our 7th and off the top of my head Mist for retreating(steam), rapidly cooling of the steam turning into water than Ice, flamethrower(water has flow as part of it).

Right. We kinda need a gameplan, or we'll suffer on entering the 4th War.

Agreed.

First off, we need to remember that we only have 3 years, so it's going to be specialize or die. Since we have to pretty much win the War, or at least be strong enough to do damage control, we'll probably want to specialize as a combat team of some sort.
To a certain extent yes.

My initial impression goes that I should be primary "striker", since I have decent circuits and Fire/Wind is a good attack combo. Yun is probably support, since Earth lends itself well to that. Elyrin and zlol some kind of heavy hitters/artillery with Fire, and Mangafreak as a support "striker". I'm not sure what Water would be best for, but given circuit count, I think Enigmatic might do well as the mainline fighter? The basic tactics would then be Yun setting up shop in the combat area, guarded by Elyrin, zlol and Enigmatic, with me and Mangafreak roaming as scouts/forward observation. Once the enemy hits, Enigmatic tries to draw attention and fire while Elyrin and zlol return fire, allowing me and Mangafreak to flank the enemy and strike.

The issue with is I don't have enough prana to serve as support if multiple people get in trouble. So how about this EF is going to be our main healer (and emergency defense?) probably with Lian as a emergency healer whose main role is long range attacks combined with your Wind/Fire along with helping you set up attacks for the closer ranged people(Elyrin and zlol).

Manga should be backup for the mid ranged players or someone who rescues people who need to run from the Magus Killer via jumping off buildings. My role could either be support but as I said earlier Prana issues so maybe I'll serve as the bait for other Masters? Which comes to my second point which is we really don't want to reveal the fact that we have multiple people with command seals for as long as possible because surprise is a huge advantage.

Oh and boundary fields are a bad idea because it'll bring the Magus killer down on us in no time(just look at how Waver remained hidden until the very end of the war by nearly living like a normal human).

I can already see a few issues with this setup though (primarily how to keep the mainliners from not dying), so I'd like to hear suggestions...?

Heavily magnetic items attached to them for rapid attraction via Magnetism and slowing their fall with wind? Or the idea I mentioned earlier should work.

We also need to pick a Servant and try to decide on our general plan of action. Who do we need to deal with most, what should our plans be once we emerge, how are we supposed to fight Gilgamesh, etc. etc.The main thing we need from our Servant is loyalty even if he/she is weaker than a less loyal Servant would be because if we have a loyal one we can use our 6 extra command seals to great effect without worrying about our Servant not protecting those who used said command seals we'll win somehow.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 07:47 PM
GM Note: If you do nothing and allow the order of things to remain, you will get Shakespeare (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Shakespeare) by default as a Caster-Class Servant.

Shakespeare....

(Imaging what will happen to me if I summon him.....)

Oooooh Crap. That in some ways may be worse then Kotomine and I wouldn't know who's the master and the servant if I end up with him...

I'm going artifact hunting!

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Well, a Caster is pretty much necessary if we want to take the fight to anyone else. My personal favourite is the dear Tamamo-no-Mae, and I made up a vague plan of trying to use the Plains of Nasu as the catalyst for it, but she'd be difficult nonetheless. She's a totally broken Caster though if we get her without Mooncell nerfing, and a Caster would work well with our having several Masters I think.

Scathach is another potential Servant in the same tier, but I don't think we could pull that without a few months extra to go dungeon-crawling in Ireland.

Shakespeare is not a bad choice for us, given our likely combat style (lots of Masters), but he's not exactly a good one either. Solidly mediocre which I somewhat doubt will cut it in the War of the goddamn top-tier Servants.

Taking Alexander for ourselves and supplementing with Tamamo-no-Mae would probably be my ideal lineup.

Firestorms, burning of internal organs, fuel air bombs perhaps?, combination with water for rapid formation of Ice(hailstorm?).

Fuel-air explosions.

<3<3<3

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah, Alexander is pretty scary, having him around would be good.

Unfortunately, he can't beat Gil, so we should attempt to summon someone who can as our other servant. The question is, who?
Someone without divinity and we have 6 extra command seals to use throughout the war so we should be able to hopefully save 2-3 for Gil.

GM Note: If you do nothing and allow the order of things to remain, you will get Shakespeare (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Shakespeare) by default as a Caster-Class Servant.Wait so if we don't agree upon a better Servant to summon we get him or is it if we don't find a catalyst?

SeiKeo
December 30th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Go to Fuyuki, kidnap Shirou, summon EMIYA.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 07:54 PM

That... might actually work. And EMIYA is a really good counter against Gil.

I can't decide whether or not to support this. It seems just about insane enough to work, but that's a somewhat risky thing to rely on...

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM

GM Question: ​How do you intend to find this pre-fire Shirou?

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Edited out due to length
Yes they are fun and I'd prefer getting 4th war Lancer over Alexander due to him not having divinity, extremely loyal and he doesn't have a wish for the Grail to boot.

Go to Fuyuki, kidnap Shirou, summon EMIYA.He probably isn't close enough to Emiya for it to succeed due to not experiencing the great Fuyuki fire among other things.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, scratch that. It's just insane unfortunately.

Alexander/Tamamo-no-Mae is my current proposal. Alexander/Shakespeare could work as well, the combo might be enough to kill Gil.

EDIT: 4th!Lancer/Tamamo-no-Mae works for me too.

SeiKeo
December 30th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Well, there's always "Kill Tokiomi, take gem."

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Why did I just imagined this as something Zero Caster will do.

Fuel/air explosions sounds nice.

All I can imagine with my 'wind' is farting/gas propulsion.

Elyrin
December 30th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Tamamo, definitely.

Summoning Diarmuid leaves Alexander in the war. I'd prefer to have him on our side for sure.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Tamamo, definitely.

Summoning Diarmuid leaves Alexander in the war. I'd prefer to have him on our side for sure.

You do know he wants to take over the world, Right?

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Wait so if we don't agree upon a better Servant to summon we get him or is it if we don't find a catalyst?

Short Answer: Both.

Longer Answer: Come to an agreement and get some kind of catalyst, otherwise its him.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Well, even if both Tamamo and Alexander would be targets for Enkidu, I don't think it can be used on both of them simultaneously, which would give the one not bound a good shot at taking Gil actually...

And as long as we can present a decent wish of our own, he'll follow us. Not to mention he's too fond of the world to go against us when our purpose is preventing it from going kablooie.

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Well, there's always "Kill Tokiomi, take gem."
I thought that catalyst was something only Rin could use? also we probably can't breach the boundary field before he could someone a Servant or we could be simply killed by Kotomine+his father+Tokiomi.

Tamamo, definitely.

What catalyst are we using? imo it's better to leave Waver in the war rather than Kayneth(mystic code would be a pain to fight among other things) and I'd prefer to have Alexander as independent faction we could go to if we screw up somewhere(our option if we nearly have a TPW aka please help us save the world King of Conquerors.).

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
What catalyst are we using? imo it's better to leave Waver in the war rather than Kayneth(mystic code would be a pain to fight among other things) and I'd prefer to have Alexander as independent faction we could go to if we screw up somewhere(our option if we nearly have a TPW aka please help us save the world King of Conquerors.).

My idea is to use the Plains of Nasu themselves as catalyst, along with really, really wanting her. The other obvious option would be to try breaking into the Ise Shrine, but that's the kind of suicidal plan that I don't really feel like considering seriously.

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
....breaking into the Ise Shrine

...suicidal plan...

...don't...consider(sic) seriously.

Got it in one.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I suggest we take down Uryuu first so we can get two servants (since he's only a normal human with a magic book)

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:15 PM
As I understand it, we're supplanting him by default, so he doesn't get a Servant actually.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM
As I understand it, we're supplanting him by default, so he doesn't get a Servant actually.

GOddamnit! I still want to get rid of him either way I don't like him.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM
We can probably spare a day or so looking for the crazy serial killer and putting an end to his rampage yeah.

Anyway, I don't know if it would help, but maybe if we perform either the Noh drama or Kabuki play about Tamamo-no-Mae at the Plains of Nasu while doing the summoning ritual, we'd increase our chances...?

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Well, even if both Tamamo and Alexander would be targets for Enkidu, I don't think it can be used on both of them simultaneously, which would give the one not bound a good shot at taking Gil actually...

This is Nasuverse so it probably can and if the target isn't divine it's merely a really strong chain iirc aka why we don't want a Servant with divinity. Also Heroic spirits don't like working together which is why I'd go for someone who is extremely loyal as our second Servant.

And as long as we can present a decent wish of our own, he'll follow us. Not to mention he's too fond of the world to go against us when our purpose is preventing it from going kablooie.If we are summoning him as our Servant being upfront with him about the reason we are fighting the HGW is something we'll definitely want to do.

My idea is to use the Plains of Nasu themselves as catalyst, along with really, really wanting her. The other obvious option would be to try breaking into the Ise Shrine, but that's the kind of suicidal plan that I don't really feel like considering seriously.It could work I guess.
Edit
We are taking his place do to being properly trained Magus aka the Grail will pick us instead.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:20 PM
How about Medea and Rule Breaker as risky as that sounds.

Also we take out worm dude and get a summoning spot from him.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Well, how would we get a catalyst for her? I doubt we have time to visit Greece to look for one at least.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM
This is Nasuverse so it probably can and if the target isn't divine it's merely a really strong chain iirc aka why we don't want a Servant with divinity. Also Heroic spirits don't like working together which is why I'd go for someone who is extremely loyal as our second Servant.

Tamamo is an excellent choice for that at least. If we summon her quickly we might have a decent shot at ganking Kayneth before he manages to summon as well. I'd say nabbing Alexander is the safer bet though.

If we are summoning him as our Servant being upfront with him about the reason we are fighting the HGW is something we'll definitely want to do.

Definitely.

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM
How about Medea and Rule Breaker as risky as that sounds.Eh she is kinda weak but it could work but if we did that we'd need to split into two teams and act as enemies?(It maybe be a good idea to split or we may get teamed by some of the other Masters)

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:25 PM
What is our chance to take out Kariya and getting the Berserker spot

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 08:26 PM
What is our chance to take out Kariya and getting the Berserker spot

Kariya himself? Pushover. Unfortunately, this means Zouken might decide to enter the war...

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Alf what do we have for Identification?(are we given anything making us citizens of a country?)

Tamamo is an excellent choice for that at least. If we summon her quickly we might have a decent shot at ganking Kayneth before he manages to summon as well. I'd say nabbing Alexander is the safer bet though.
His defenses aren't anywhere near the level(they're temporary iirc) that would allow him sufficient time to summon a Servant. Also we don't necessarily have to all be there to summon Tammamo and Waver is the less risky Master to leave in the war for our objective.

What is our chance to take out Kariya and getting the Berserker spotWorse than Kayneth imo and probably riskier(Zouken entering the war would be really bad).

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:35 PM
His defenses aren't anywhere near the level(they're temporary iirc) that would allow him sufficient time to summon a Servant. Also we don't necessarily have to all be there to summon Tammamo and Waver is the less risky Master to leave in the war for our objective.

You make a compelling argument. We'll probably want to make plans for both Alexander and Diarmuid and then do some scouting once we're in to decide finally.

Worse than Kayneth imo and probably riskier(Zouken entering the war would be really bad).

The real problem is that Kariya won't leave the Matou household much until he summons, and without a Caster I expect our chances of succeeding at an assault on that place are effectively nil.

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Alf what do we have for Identification?(are we given anything making us citizens of a country?)

Identification: Your "travel consultant" with the Sea of Estray will arrange for you to have a full set of forged papers (passports, birth certificate, driver license) declaring you as citizens of Canada, though you don't show up in any databases, so if they do a check...yeah. For anything else, please work on mental manipulation magecraft

GM Note: If you go for a Berserker instead of a Caster, without a catalyst, Frankenstein (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Frankenstein) is your default Option

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Kariya himself? Pushover. Unfortunately, this means Zouken might decide to enter the war...

But didn't he decide to originally wait it out until the next war to fight? (or use Sakura)

alfheimwanderer
December 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM
But didn't he decide to originally wait it out until the next war to fight? (or use Sakura)

Well, if someone is deliberately targeting members of House Matou even before the war, he might just see a reason to act...

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Well, if someone is deliberately targeting members of House Matou even before the war, he might just see a reason to act...

But he didn't give two shits about his son so if we do it the mundane way (knife or use Uryuu) I don't think he'll care.

If we did it using magecraft then that might catch his attention though.

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM
But didn't he decide to originally wait it out until the next war to fight? (or use Sakura)You killed a relative in his residence so his pride as a magus could result in him entering the war, maybe fear of being targeted or it could be we're several magus working together which could cause him to enter the war out of sheer interest in why we are willing to forsake our pride as a magus and fight together.

Also how we achieved a command seal count of 7 and divided it among seven people if he found out would cause him to enter the war.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Incidentally, if we go with Command Seals and not +regen, we'll want at least two Seals left, probably mine and EnigmaticFellow's, so we retain the ability to support both Servants adequately, leaving us with only effectively 5 seals. Which is admittedly still 3 more than the other Masters can use.

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Incidentally, if we go with Command Seals and not +regen, we'll want at least two Seals left, probably mine and EnigmaticFellow's, so we retain the ability to support both Servants adequately, leaving us with only effectively 5 seals. Which is admittedly still 3 more than the other Masters can use.Command seals is by far the better choice between the two options, also I thought you didn't need command seals to support the Servant properly? It was a requirement for the Tohsaka's because they need all 7 Servants to be dead to achieve their goal(reaching the root).

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Command seals is by far the better choice between the two options, also I thought you didn't need command seals to support the Servant properly? It was a requirement for the Tohsaka's because they need all 7 Servants to be dead to achieve their goal(reaching the root).

Relevant:

(remember, once you use up your Seal, you will have no further tie to the Servant, so be careful).

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM
All seven of us controls one servant, I might as well suggest having Hassan since his hundred might be easier for us to manage independently.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM
All seven of us controls one servant, I might as well suggest having Hassan since his hundred might be easier for us to manage independently.

...I don't see that going well for us at all. As a group, we're already capable of doing the most crucial part of those (additional spying), so our actual need is the firepower to take down all the damned top-tier opponents. We don't want mid-tier Servants or low-tier's like most Assassins unless we have a serious gameplan.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Top-tier huh...

How about summoning an archer class before Gil gets summoned?

David and Atalanta shouldn't be too hard to summon.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Tokiomi has Gil's catalyst, and there's no rule saying there can't be two Archers as I remember. Don't think it would help us.

We might be interested in Benkei as Lancer instead of Diarmuid, if we can figure out a good catalyst to use after we gank someone.

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Relevant:
Right how did I miss that..Anyways it would depend on how we finalize our roles and we'll also need to consider how we want to split up the people between whatever two Servants we pick.

...I don't see that going well for us at all. As a group, we're already capable of doing the most crucial part of those (additional spying), so our actual need is the firepower to take down all the damned top-tier opponents. We don't want mid-tier Servants or low-tier's like most Assassins unless we have a serious gameplan.I am in agreement with this with the caveat that loyalty is more important than firepower to a certain extent.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Loyal, All I know is Drake,That saber class guy from extra, and 5th grail war lancer.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Tamamo-no-Mae is stupidly loyal. Arturia too, really. Benkei probably is. Gawain is. Alexander tends to be. Diarmuid is stupidly so. Frankenstein supposedly is as well. Spartacus too. Also keep in mind that we're not limited to canon/semi-canon Servants, in case any of you know of an appropriate mythological figure.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Patton! :)

Tanks ahoy!

Elyrin
December 30th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Tanks can't beat Ea.

SeiKeo
December 30th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Well, Patton had crappy ones. Rommel could tank it.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 09:39 PM
At any rate, do we have anyone opposed to shooting for Tamamo-no-Mae as out first Servant/Servant-slot? It'd be nice if we could decide at least on our guaranteed Servant.

I've been checking around and it seems like we might be able to pull a Kabuki-play if we want to try boosting our summoning chances. A Noh drama seems to require too many people. Can't find a translated script though.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I'm down but who will be the Goshujin-sama?

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I figure either none of us, or all of us collectively. I'd love to have her as my own Servant or being her Goshujin-sama, but that's not really fair, and might strain team unity, which I'm practical enough to realize goes above my adoration of the dear fox.

(I'll be crushing heavily on her from the moment we manage to summon her IC though).

Lianru
December 30th, 2011, 09:47 PM
god this thread only grows when I'm gone gotta catch up

edit: I volunteer as healer if no one else did already

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Tokiomi has Gil's catalyst, and there's no rule saying there can't be two Archers as I remember. Don't think it would help us.

We might be interested in Benkei as Lancer instead of Diarmuid, if we can figure out a good catalyst to use after we gank someone. There is a rule that you can only have one Servant per class aka why the Einzbern's had to break the rules to summon Avenger in the third HGW.

Tamamo-no-Mae is stupidly loyal. Arturia too, really. Benkei probably is. Gawain is. Alexander tends to be. Diarmuid is stupidly so. Frankenstein supposedly is as well. Spartacus too. Also keep in mind that we're not limited to canon/semi-canon Servants, in case any of you know of an appropriate mythological figure.
Don't forget the catalyst has to be associated with the heroic spirit in life preferably something they owned in life otherwise the catalyst your going to be using is yourself and will get you the wrong heroic spirit.

Getting a good catalyst for Benkei, Gawain and Frankenstein, and Spartacus is next to impossible within our time frame.

Patton! :)

Tanks ahoy!Sadly is canonically impossible.

At any rate, do we have anyone opposed to shooting for Tamamo-no-Mae as out first Servant/Servant-slot? It'd be nice if we could decide at least on our guaranteed Servant.

I've been checking around and it seems like we might be able to pull a Kabuki-play if we want to try boosting our summoning chances. A Noh drama seems to require too many people. Can't find a translated script though.I'm not opposed to it but I say we should leave open the possibility of summoning someone else if anyone can think of a better idea.

god this thread only grows when I'm gone gotta catch up

edit: I volunteer as healer if no one else did alreadyNot much happened and your probably going to be backup healer because your Water/Fire will allow you to do all kinds of fun stuff that EF can't do with only water.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 10:07 PM
There is a rule that you can only have one Servant per class aka why the Einzbern's had to break the rules to summon Avenger in the third HGW.

Can you point it out for me, because I've encountered several people stating the classes aren't rigid before, and I have no idea who is right at this point.

Don't forget the catalyst has to be associated with the heroic spirit in life preferably something they owned in life otherwise the catalyst your going to be using is yourself and will get you the wrong heroic spirit.

I think anything technically works, it's just that if you have things that only barely refer to the Heroic Spirit in question, it'll most likely be superseded by what the summoner innately connects with.

Getting a good catalyst for Benkei, Gawain and Frankenstein, and Spartacus is next to impossible within our time frame.

Gawain and Spartacus, yeah. We'd need to make a trip somewhere. Benkei might work if we plan it out ahead of time, but is iffy. Frankenstein is our default if we try to summon a Berserker. Don't think she's worth it though.

I'm not opposed to it but I say we should leave open the possibility of summoning someone else if anyone can think of a better idea.

Of course. We're hardly so rigid as to be incapable of adjusting our plans given new intel. The point was mostly checking to see if anyone was opposed so we can operate with a specific Servant in mind, instead of just getting Shakespeare.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Of course. We're hardly so rigid as to be incapable of adjusting our plans given new intel. The point was mostly checking to see if anyone was opposed so we can operate with a specific Servant in mind, instead of just getting Shakespeare.

Not to mention I feel Shakespeare will just get off on this whole tragedy that is Fate/zero. so much that he will try to one up Urobuchi and turn it into a literal bloodbath of tears.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah, of the people involved here, anyone familiar with any kind of martial arts?

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Can you point it out for me, because I've encountered several people stating the classes aren't rigid before, and I have no idea who is right at this point.
It's not rigid for the Einzbern's because they made the Grail System while the Tohsaka provided the Land and Mataou made the command seals iirc,
"Servant Heroic Spirits summoned through the Holy Grail. A type of familiar, if one had to categorize them. Souls of ultimate purity that are summoned through the preparation of seven classes (cases) and hosts to bind them."(Fuyuki).

Although the 7 Servant classes change between each HGW according to Rin in the original VN iirc but they are the exact same in the 4th HGW as in the 5th HGW so apparently that was retconned.

I think anything technically works, it's just that if you have things that only barely refer to the Heroic Spirit in question, it'll most likely be superseded by what the summoner innately connects with.
That is my understanding.

Gawain and Spartacus, yeah. We'd need to make a trip somewhere. Benkei might work if we plan it out ahead of time, but is iffy. Frankenstein is our default if we try to summon a Berserker. Don't think she's worth it though.
Yea if we want Berserker we should grab Lancelot.

Of course. We're hardly so rigid as to be incapable of adjusting our plans given new intel. The point was mostly checking to see if anyone was opposed so we can operate with a specific Servant in mind, instead of just getting Shakespeare.Yes I'd prefer her over Shakespeare and how do you think we should split the team up if we get a 2nd Servant?

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Oh yeah, of the people involved here, anyone familiar with any kind of martial arts?

I know a bit of Tae Kwon Do (Brown belt) but out of practice.

Yun
December 30th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Not to mention I feel Shakespeare will just get off on this whole tragedy that is Fate/zero. so much that he will try to one up Urobuchi and turn it into a literal bloodbath of tears.
That could very well happen which is why Alf made him our default Servant Caster.

Oh yeah, of the people involved here, anyone familiar with any kind of martial arts?Nothing and we honestly shouldn't focus on it because it'll be our numbers that allow us to beat Kirei and Kiritsugu not any martial arts skill.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 10:43 PM
It's not rigid for the Einzbern's because they made the Grail System while the Tohsaka provided the Land and Mataou made the command seals iirc,
"Servant Heroic Spirits summoned through the Holy Grail. A type of familiar, if one had to categorize them. Souls of ultimate purity that are summoned through the preparation of seven classes (cases) and hosts to bind them."(Fuyuki).

Although the 7 Servant classes change between each HGW according to Rin in the original VN iirc but they are the exact same in the 4th HGW as in the 5th HGW so apparently that was retconned.

I see. Well, fair enough. I still don't think we could stop Gil from getting summoned by jacking the Archer slot, but interesting nonetheless.

Yea if we want Berserker we should grab Lancelot.

And I don't think he's really worth it either. Especially with the whole "have to beat up the Matous first" thing.

Yes I'd prefer her over Shakespeare and how do you think we should split the team up if we get a 2nd Servant?

Well, we'd probably want to have at least one of them (the better fighter probably) operate with a "designated Master". Either that or both of them like that. We can then make everyone else think there is still a mostly normal Grail War going, and make judicious use of laptops, early mobile phones and other technological items to communicate with each other. This gives us 5 roaming spies in the early phases and two Servants with "Masters". We'd still want to avoid combat as much as possible, but giving the illusion of a "standard" War is advantageous.

We'll want to seriously consider emulating Kiritsugu's tactics as well, with sneak attacks on the Masters and such. Though given the real issues are Kiritsugu himself, and Tokiomi + Kirei, that won't help overly much.

I know a bit of Tae Kwon Do (Brown belt) but out of practice.

Hmm, well better than nothing.

Nothing and we honestly shouldn't focus on it because it'll be our numbers that allow us to beat Kirei and Kiritsugu not any martial arts skill.

Not in general no, but my abilities suggest I should be a primary striker, which kinda demands at least some level of combat training.

I'd most like a spear of some sort, maybe a mystic code spear complementing my spellcasting, but I'm not too picky right now.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I also have some firearms experience though not exactly accurate.

Fangstrike
December 30th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I know I probably won't get in, but thought I'd offer my two cents.

Servant-wise, it'd really be difficult to get a catalyst for anybody due to time constraints. If we're disregarding this and talking about Casters, Scathach is an interesting character. She seems like a Caster who could melee, and if she got Gae Bolg... And Tamamo is so freaking cute that it makes up for anything she's lacking. If we don't care about the Nasuverse timeline, I'd say abducting Waver and stealing his command seals and artifact is a way to go. He's arguably the weakest Master, next to Uryu. Rider's awesome. He can't beat Gil, but that's a different matter. On the other hand, you could probably also team up Waver if you don't want to go darkside methods.

And if you're reasonably certain your Servant won't lose to Assassin, you could probably lie in wait around Kotomine Church and ambush Kirei and chop of his arm then steal his Command Seals. True, you don't get to choose your Servant in this case, but you still get a Servant. Risei won't be able to do anything directly to you if either Kirei summons Assassin to defend himself and fail or you get his arm and have proof he's still a Master.

Defeating Gil - I have trouble picturing many Servants who could beat Gil in a fair fight... least of all Caster-class... so just let Saber handle it. You don't have to take him head on. Of course the other option is to kill Tokiomi when Gil's out, but that would have to be a blitzkrieg otherwise Tokiomi would just summon Gil via command seal... still that might be a fun idea - have Tokiomi waste a command seal. There's always the kidnap Emiya Shirou and use him as a catalyst idea, which isn't too shabby if Alf allows it. Finding a child based on our limited knowledge of him could be easy or difficult depending on how Alf sees it. On one hand, you'd think red haired boys named Shirou aren't that many in Japan, then again this is the Nasuverse where people with abnormal hair colors grow.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I feel bad if we pick on Waver so teaming up with him sounds good.

I really doubt all seven of us can take Kotomine with roughly three years of magecraft....

Elyrin
December 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM
ambush Kirei

Yeeeeah, no thanks.

Usandru
December 30th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I know I probably won't get in, but thought I'd offer my two cents.

Servant-wise, it'd really be difficult to get a catalyst for anybody due to time constraints. If we're disregarding this and talking about Casters, Scathach is an interesting character. She seems like a Caster who could melee, and if she got Gae Bolg... And Tamamo is so freaking cute that it makes up for anything she's lacking. If we don't care about the Nasuverse timeline, I'd say abducting Waver and stealing his command seals and artifact is a way to go. He's arguably the weakest Master, next to Uryu. Rider's awesome. He can't beat Gil, but that's a different matter. On the other hand, you could probably also team up Waver if you don't want to go darkside methods.

The problem with Scathach is that she's nearly impossible to get. If we had more time, I'd definitely be in favour of looking for her since she's quite possibly more powerful than Gil, but... yeah, not going to happen.

Tamamo however is not only criminally cute, there is actually a non-zero chance of summoning her by using the Plains of Nasu as an unconventional catalyst, and summoned without the Mooncell's nerfing means she is most likely the same Servant tier as Gil. Especially with the synergy bonus from having her fight on Japanese soil. Absolutely broken in other words. If we could summon the full ninetailed Tamamo, the only thing stopping us from just winning the War outright would be Gilgamesh with the combo of Enkidu and Ea.

Obviously, we can't summon that.

And if you're reasonably certain your Servant won't lose to Assassin, you could probably lie in wait around Kotomine Church and ambush Kirei and chop of his arm then steal his Command Seals. True, you don't get to choose your Servant in this case, but you still get a Servant. Risei won't be able to do anything directly to you if either Kirei summons Assassin to defend himself and fail or you get his arm and have proof he's still a Master.

If we have a chance at all, I'd prefer killing Kirei before he even summons. Kirei, Gilgamesh and Kiritsugu are probably the three most important, and most deadly, targets in the War.

Defeating Gil - I have trouble picturing many Servants who could beat Gil in a fair fight... least of all Caster-class... so just let Saber handle it. You don't have to take him head on. Of course the other option is to kill Tokiomi when Gil's out, but that would have to be a blitzkrieg otherwise Tokiomi would just summon Gil via command seal... still that might be a fun idea - have Tokiomi waste a command seal. There's always the kidnap Emiya Shirou and use him as a catalyst idea, which isn't too shabby if Alf allows it. Finding a child based on our limited knowledge of him could be easy or difficult depending on how Alf sees it. On one hand, you'd think red haired boys named Shirou aren't that many in Japan, then again this is the Nasuverse where people with abnormal hair colors grow.

Well, Tamamo also happens to be one of the most underhanded Servants around so who knows...?

Even so, ganking Tokiomi and setting Gil up to fight the other Servants is still the safer bet yeah.

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I still prefer we take out Kariya and Uryuu just for some peace of mind before the war starts.

If we take out Kariya it must be in some 'MUNDANE' method.

Lianru
December 30th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I know nothing, by the way. other than math and some other useless crap

mangafreak7793
December 30th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Speaking of which, I should post my profile.

Name: Masahide Uyehara
Appearance: Short Black hair, brown eyes, thick rimless glasses, Roughly 5.4 to5.5 feet, Asain
Personality: Slightly socially awkward, Talkative, and friendly/polite (in most situations)
Mundane Special Talents:
Vast knowledge in history (Though excels in WW1 and WW2)
Hyperactive imagination (creativity)
Languages: (English, some Japanese and Spanish)
Patient
Good at memorizing small and easy things
Some knowledge in Tae Kwon Do (around Brown belt level)
Sensitive to People’s emotions
Self taught massaging techniques
Good sense of hearing
Some knowledge/experience of firearms
Fast Reading
Flaws:
Very bad eyesight.
Accuracy with Firearms varies
Not very fit.
Not good with pain.
Panics easily
Can be indecisive
Takes time to adjust to new things
Lacking hand to eye coordination
Clumsy
Kind of slow/lacks stamina
Easily distracted when is not interested in something.

HolySeraph
December 31st, 2011, 12:00 AM
*comes out of Lurking*
Isn't it a bad idea to focus on combat? You will have to team up to hope to have a chance. Mental magic maybe useful...blend in...get firearms...intel

Could try removing Kiritsugu/Kariya reasons for winning or even prevent Kotomine's realization that he is a sadist...but easier said than done.

Well, Patton had crappy ones. Rommel could tank it.
*Holds back Nerd Rant*

summoned without the Mooncell's nerfing means she is most likely the same Servant tier as Gil.
How do you know that simply being a Heroic Spirit won't nerf her as well?

*goes back to Lurking*

EnigmaticFellow
December 31st, 2011, 12:14 AM
Well guys, I've been busy all night, but I'm back. I'm not opposed to taking a more defensive/healer role if our groups thinks it's a good idea, and I'm for summoning Tamamo at the moment; though, that could change if a good argument could sway me.

mangafreak7793
December 31st, 2011, 12:15 AM
Unleash the nerd rant!

Besides Germany's tanks surpassed the americans in terms of specs, they just had a lot more then what Germany could produce.

Yun
December 31st, 2011, 12:24 AM
Well, we'd probably want to have at least one of them (the better fighter probably) operate with a "designated Master". Either that or both of them like that. We can then make everyone else think there is still a mostly normal Grail War going, and make judicious use of laptops, early mobile phones and other technological items to communicate with each other. This gives us 5 roaming spies in the early phases and two Servants with "Masters". We'd still want to avoid combat as much as possible, but giving the illusion of a "standard" War is advantageous.
Agreed but imo the people we want as Masters are those skilled at not dying and/or those with less circuits due to the fact that they are more likely to use their CS and hence be unable to supply the Servant with Prana.

Also another option would be for some of us to use our CS at the start of the war to buff themselves allowing the other Masters to be unable to recognize them as a opponent via the CS.

We'll want to seriously consider emulating Kiritsugu's tactics as well, with sneak attacks on the Masters and such. Though given the real issues are Kiritsugu himself, and Tokiomi + Kirei, that won't help overly much.

Yea I wouldn't bother trying it due to the real issue being the Masters you mentioned.

Not in general no, but my abilities suggest I should be a primary striker, which kinda demands at least some level of combat training.

I'd most like a spear of some sort, maybe a mystic code spear complementing my spellcasting, but I'm not too picky right now.
Perhaps but I guess it's up to the individual to pursue what they prefer while trying to learn things that will allow for teamwork.

The only thing I agree with is allowing Saber to handle Gil if at all possible.

I feel bad if we pick on Waver so teaming up with him sounds good.

I really doubt all seven of us can take Kotomine with roughly three years of magecraft....
He could take out 7 random far more knowledgeable and experienced magus thrown into this situation without the 3 years prep but we have 3 years to learn magecraft but more importantly learning how to work together as a team which would allow us to beat him.

Yeeeeah, no thanks.
Agreed.

If we have a chance at all, I'd prefer killing Kirei before he even summons. Kirei, Gilgamesh and Kiritsugu are probably the three most important, and most deadly, targets in the War.
That is asking to be killed but yea they are.

I still prefer we take out Kariya and Uryuu just for some peace of mind before the war starts.

If we take out Kariya it must be in some 'MUNDANE' method.We want Kariya in the war because Berserker Lancelot is a great detraction for Gil.

mangafreak7793
December 31st, 2011, 12:27 AM
We want Kariya in the war because Berserker Lancelot is a great detraction for Gil

But besides Kariya and Waver, we won't be able to get another servant as easily if anything we can try taking it from Lancer's master but as much as he is a douche he's stronger then us.

EnigmaticFellow
December 31st, 2011, 12:51 AM
Before we continue arguing about this, shouldn't we ask Alf if we can summon more than one Servant?

mangafreak7793
December 31st, 2011, 12:55 AM
Before we continue arguing about this, shouldn't we ask Alf if we can summon more than one Servant?

He mentioned this already we can only summon one unless we nab one or just kill them to take their spot.

zlol365
December 31st, 2011, 04:27 AM
Best way to beat gil.
Fishie once recommended swapping the artifacts... :3

mangafreak7793
December 31st, 2011, 04:34 AM
Best way to beat gil.
Fishie once recommended swapping the artifacts... :3

How are we supposed to do that?

Yun
December 31st, 2011, 07:01 AM
But besides Kariya and Waver, we won't be able to get another servant as easily if anything we can try taking it from Lancer's master but as much as he is a douche he's stronger then us.Attacking Kariya could make Zouken become involved in the war and although the risk is greater when attacking Kayneth the payoff is worth it imo assuming we can find a way to counter his Mystic Code.

Also what would everyone prefer their area of focus be for the 3 years of training and when we actually start fighting what is your role would you prefer when working together as a group?

Fangstrike
December 31st, 2011, 07:49 AM
Attacking Kariya could make Zouken become involved in the war and although the risk is greater when attacking Kayneth the payoff is worth it imo assuming we can find a way to counter his Mystic Code.

Also what would everyone prefer their area of focus be for the 3 years of training and when we actually start fighting what is your role would you prefer when working together as a group?

I can think of a few ways to counter his Mystic Code.

And how about teaming up with Kariya in the short term? I mean, aside from Zouken hovering in the background, which is admittedly a huge issue, Berserker is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, his main goal is to kill Tokiomi, and let's face it, how many would be sad if Tokiomi met an untimely end, preferrably quicker than the novels. True, there are problems long term to dealing with Kariya, but depending on the circumstances, he probably won't last that long if you just wanna hide from him.

EnigmaticFellow
December 31st, 2011, 07:49 AM
I suggest that we let Kiritsugu go all Magus Killer on Kayneth in order for Sola to become the master. Then, nabbing Lancer should be much easier.

Also, I'll be gone all day and won't be able to discuss with you guys during this time.

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM
I suggest that we let Kiritsugu go all Magus Killer on Kayneth in order for Sola to become the master. Then, nabbing Lancer should be much easier.

Also, I'll be gone all day and won't be able to discuss with you guys during this time.

Won't work. If we want Lancer, we need to summon him, or his crazy loyalty won't apply to us. Any extra Servant must be acquired before they're summoned or we won't be able to rely on it.

EnigmaticFellow
December 31st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Won't work. If we want Lancer, we need to summon him, or his crazy loyalty won't apply to us. Any extra Servant must be acquired before they're summoned or we won't be able to rely on it.

We can only summon one Servant, and I would rather summon Tamamo than Diarmuid.

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:40 AM
We can only summon one Servant, and I would rather summon Tamamo than Diarmuid.

Aside from totally agreeing on Tamamo being better than Diarmuid, we can actually summon an extra Servant. We just need to go mug another potential Master for his Command Seals and thus his slot first.

Currently, the targets we're considering as viable are Waver (easy, powerful catalyst), and Kayneth (also powerful catalyst, keeps the Master most likely to help us (Waver) in the war).

Our current "plan" once we emerge is probably something like "main team goes to summon Tamamo on the Plains of Nasu, while one or two of the others start scouting around Waver and Kayneth to decide who looks easy to bump off."

Or something like that. Depends slightly on how we time everything. If we can summon a Servant early, we can potentially use that to blitz Kayneth before he summons. On the other hand, we might catch him before he manages to set up shop fully and ambush him with the full team, taking him down early.

Waver isn't an issue until he summons.

EnigmaticFellow
December 31st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Aside from totally agreeing on Tamamo being better than Diarmuid, we can actually summon an extra Servant. We just need to go mug another potential Master for his Command Seals and thus his slot first.

Currently, the targets we're considering as viable are Waver (easy, powerful catalyst), and Kayneth (also powerful catalyst, keeps the Master most likely to help us (Waver) in the war).

Our current "plan" once we emerge is probably something like "main team goes to summon Tamamo on the Plains of Nasu, while one or two of the others start scouting around Waver and Kayneth to decide who looks easy to bump off."

Or something like that. Depends slightly on how we time everything. If we can summon a Servant early, we can potentially use that to blitz Kayneth before he summons. On the other hand, we might catch him before he manages to set up shop fully and ambush him with the full team, taking him down early.

Waver isn't an issue until he summons.

The plan sounds reasonable to me as long as we can actually pull it off.

Lianru
December 31st, 2011, 10:08 AM
Pulling it off...so, other than the plans for the war, do people have plans for their skill development before the war (or did I just miss all of it), so that we can make a balanced group?

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm working on mine. With my affinities and high prana level, I'm planning on something combat heavy, with the rest of you hopefully being capable of dealing with the various utility Magecraft skills we need. Currently I'm considering a magically sparked Fuel-Air explosion as my special ability, with a number of lesser spells building up to that as my skillset. Depends on how quickly I can learn though.

Lianru
December 31st, 2011, 10:22 AM
Still gotta figure out how to make Water/Fire work XD
I believe someone mentioned steam/mist, but blah. And have to decide who actually becomes the healer.

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Well, I've written up my preliminary plan. Have a look if you want to: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JLNMzLlQJS4t_BICwIU5b9qgtRuOiIIf1sYUaiUWojQ/edit?hl=en_US

zlol365
December 31st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Hmm, fire.
I'm going to explore combining martial arts with magecraft.
And swordsmanship with magecraft.
Plus, a side study on creating illusions with flames.
A_A

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 12:20 PM
We need someone with mental manipulation Magecraft too by the way.

One of the Water aligned get to learn healing, something they can fight each other about. Learning how to make a simple familiar would be useful for all of us.

...otherwise, hmm... anyone have anything we should be capable of? I think I have a decent shot at taking a core AoE effect.

Say, Lianru, your Water/Fire alignment is also perfect for transmutations. Fire to split, Water to combine. If you learn that, you can probably do some stuff pretty similar to my Fuel-Air Explosion thing.

zlol365
December 31st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Mental manipulation?
I was thinking of doing something there.
Though its specialty will likely apply to my close combat.

Lianru
December 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Say, Lianru, your Water/Fire alignment is also perfect for transmutations. Fire to split, Water to combine. If you learn that, you can probably do some stuff pretty similar to my Fuel-Air Explosion thing.
Mmm, I kind of wanted to be the healer...would transmutation of the body be similar to healing? If not, EF can take healing spot.
this is getting kind of close to being my Eleven profile whyyyyy is eleven dead fishie ;_;

SeiKeo
December 31st, 2011, 02:47 PM
You know why, Ruru.

zlol365
December 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM
lets not talk about it...
taboo.

Lianru
December 31st, 2011, 02:51 PM
;_;

mangafreak7793
December 31st, 2011, 03:31 PM
I have a few ideas though it will be kind of hard to utilize them

Portable bounded field (similar to Araya)
Gun combat/Martial arts (Kotomine and Kiritsugu will probably defeat me pretty easily)
Focus on speed type hit and run tactics.

Yun
December 31st, 2011, 08:11 PM
I was planning on focusing on reinforcement, Runes, Magnetic field manipulation(think Mistborn), Boundary Fields, storing Prana in gems and figuring out if I have a Sorcery Trait with training to follow if I do have one.

I'm working on mine. With my affinities and high prana level, I'm planning on something combat heavy, with the rest of you hopefully being capable of dealing with the various utility Magecraft skills we need. Currently I'm considering a magically sparked Fuel-Air explosion as my special ability, with a number of lesser spells building up to that as my skillset. Depends on how quickly I can learn though.
If you're going for something along the lines of a Fuel-Air explosion your time would be better spent learning more spells rather than close combat especially considering you rolled really good on whatever your Prana channeling limit and internal Od level are but it's your choice.

We need someone with mental manipulation Magecraft too by the way.
We'll want at least two people capable of it.

One of the Water aligned get to learn healing, something they can fight each other about. Learning how to make a simple familiar would be useful for all of us.
It wouldn't be a bad idea for both of them to be competent at healing magecraft with one of them being more focused on it. It would be useful but kinda wasteful to have everyone learn it imo.

...otherwise, hmm... anyone have anything we should be capable of? I think I have a decent shot at taking a core AoE effect.
EF could focus on Ice magecraft, you and manga should both have a slow fall spell, perhaps the wind and fire aligned players should practice on some sort of multiple caster flamethrower spell?.

You and Lian are probably going to want to practice doing dual caster magecraft.

Mental manipulation?
I was thinking of doing something there.
Though its specialty will likely apply to my close combat.
Mental manipulation won't work against other magus due to Prana rejection.

Gun combat/Martial arts (Kotomine and Kiritsugu will probably defeat me pretty easily)
Focus on speed type hit and run tactics.Your first idea is probably impossible or even if you can do it implausible for us to learn in 3 years, second one is up to the individual and your third ideas has some merits but perhaps a running battle would work better due to our superior numbers?

So what does everyone think of the idea of splitting the group between the two Servants? Something like with Caster we have Usandru, Lian, mangafreak and Elyrin. For our second Servant we have Myself, zlol, EF and whoever our 8th player is if we get one.

@Alf How does assigning Masters between the two Servants work?(Assuming we get a second one)

alfheimwanderer
December 31st, 2011, 08:40 PM
@Alf How does assigning Masters between the two Servants work?(Assuming we get a second one)

GM Note: You still communally share prana, and still have only one command seal apiece. Your seal may work on either Servant - or upon yourself for self-enhancement.

Usandru
December 31st, 2011, 09:02 PM
I have a few ideas though it will be kind of hard to utilize them

Probably effectively impossible within three years.

Inferior to focused combat magic.

Focus on speed type hit and run tactics.

The right idea for a Wind Magus.

I was planning on focusing on reinforcement, Runes, Magnetic field manipulation(think Mistborn), Boundary Fields, storing Prana in gems and figuring out if I have a Sorcery Trait with training to follow if I do have one.

We're all learning Reinforcement to Self-Reinforcement levels. It's such a crucial fundamental skill that anyone not spending enough time on it to become at least partially superhuman deserves the bad end they'll inevitably hit during the War.

Runes might be a bit too broad. They're very flexible, but that ties into needing a large base of knowledge and theory. You might pull it, and gain a lot of flexibility in the process (which is admittedly useful), but you're at risk of weakening yourself overall. Magnetics is interesting though. There are a lot of spells that can be achieved from clever application of magnetics.

Hmm... well, if you pick a couple of Bounded Field types and decide to implement them with Runes, you might manage a sufficiently solid core skill set, while building up to the flexibility that Runes and similar symbolic magic promise.

I expect sorcery traits are a bit beyond the scope of the game to be honest. Even with the highly detailed circuits.

If you're going for something along the lines of a Fuel-Air explosion your time would be better spent learning more spells rather than close combat especially considering you rolled really good on whatever your Prana channeling limit and internal Od level are but it's your choice.

Yeah, guess I might want to prune that section a little. Still, at least half the physical training/combat training is about getting better reaction speeds and combat awareness. More spells won't really save me from my own carelessness during a fight if I lack the instincts to react correctly.

We'll want at least two people capable of it.

Probably, yeah. It's an orthodox skill with no particular affinity required, right? So we just need two people to say "I'll do this".

It wouldn't be a bad idea for both of them to be competent at healing magecraft with one of them being more focused on it. It would be useful but kinda wasteful to have everyone learn it imo.
EF could focus on Ice magecraft, you and manga should both have a slow fall spell, perhaps the wind and fire aligned players should practice on some sort of multiple caster flamethrower spell?.

A primary healer and a backup healer is a good setup, yeah. Lianru stated she'd like to be the healer, so that would be fine with me. Maybe work out a couple of spells complementing my fighting style though? For instance, if she can pull something with Fire/Water to increase the humidity of the local atmosphere, my Fuel-Air spell would gain more water to work with, and thus more fuel. Assuming I end up using pure hydrogen in the reaction anyway.

We could then do a team thing, with her setting things up and patching me up after I finish getting beaten on, and me doing the fighting itself.

Slow-fall is really just a force-vector pointed up and attached to the falling object. Should be the first thing I learn essentially.

Combination spells are a good idea. Manga might want to consider learning how to manipulate the atmosphere to increase the oxygen available to fire spells for instance. In my case, I think if I can manage the pressure dome, superheated airjets are kinda hard to beat.

You and Lian are probably going to want to practice doing dual caster magecraft.

Yeah.

So what does everyone think of the idea of splitting the group between the two Servants? Something like with Caster we have Usandru, Lian, mangafreak and Elyrin. For our second Servant we have Myself, zlol, EF and whoever our 8th player is if we get one.

Not a bad standard operations plan, all in all. With Caster, I'd be the heavy, Lian would be support, and Manga and Elyrin could do a combination Fire/Wind attack battery. We can probably organize that loosely as a magical fireteam really.

I do think that we should consider working with a single person running with the second Servant and acting as a normal Master and the rest of us doing hidden work along with Caster, since it would become more obvious that the two Servants are associated if their Master(s) make use of the same tactics, which is unfortunate for us.

Finally, I just calculated it, and with the 7 current players, we have just a little less than 3000 total channelling capacity. Or the equivalent of three Rins. Given this, and our desire to have two Servants, I'm not sure if picking Command Seals actually pays off. We'd lose too much channelling capacity, and until they're used, they can be used against us since they mark us out as targets. Without Command Seals, we have a guaranteed supply equal to whatever team-members are left, and we can't be detected as Masters, potentially allowing us to present ourselves as the flunkies of a "real" Master, setting up a hidden foe that doesn't exist if we're forced into contact with the enemy.

Furthermore, while I'm not sure if we'll ever actually play it out, IC I'd be of the opinion that having enough capacity to keep a Servant around post-War is a good thing for us. A bit of security essentially, given we might make a number of people really, really angry in the course of the War...

And for that, I believe we should have at least two Rins left of capacity, which might get a little troublesome with the Command Seals.

Yun
January 1st, 2012, 01:01 AM
We're all learning Reinforcement to Self-Reinforcement levels. It's such a crucial fundamental skill that anyone not spending enough time on it to become at least partially superhuman deserves the bad end they'll inevitably hit during the War.
Agreed.

Runes might be a bit too broad. They're very flexible, but that ties into needing a large base of knowledge and theory. You might pull it, and gain a lot of flexibility in the process (which is admittedly useful), but you're at risk of weakening yourself overall. Magnetics is interesting though. There are a lot of spells that can be achieved from clever application of magnetics.
That is true but they are also very efficient to use. That is why I was focusing on magnetic magecraft.

I expect sorcery traits are a bit beyond the scope of the game to be honest. Even with the highly detailed circuits.
They're only somewhat difficult to implement if Alf decided to do so.

Yeah, guess I might want to prune that section a little. Still, at least half the physical training/combat training is about getting better reaction speeds and combat awareness. More spells won't really save me from my own carelessness during a fight if I lack the instincts to react correctly.
I'd think the ability to dodge projectiles is the one you'd want to focus on the most and we should be able to cook up a magecraft ritual for simulating it without too much risk other than bruises,cuts and scrapes hopefully.

Probably, yeah. It's an orthodox skill with no particular affinity required, right? So we just need two people to say "I'll do this".
It also requires a certain amount of cleverness because you can't adjust the target's memories too much more than the people he/she interacts with.

A primary healer and a backup healer is a good setup, yeah. Lianru stated she'd like to be the healer, so that would be fine with me. Maybe work out a couple of spells complementing my fighting style though? For instance, if she can pull something with Fire/Water to increase the humidity of the local atmosphere, my Fuel-Air spell would gain more water to work with, and thus more fuel. Assuming I end up using pure hydrogen in the reaction anyway.
Works for me and perhaps have Lian make a concentrate a easily flammable liquid removing its impurities and than you funnel it using wind while Lian ignites it via temperature increase?

We could then do a team thing, with her setting things up and patching me up after I finish getting beaten on, and me doing the fighting itself.
So your the Artilery while she is magecraft support and healer or something like works for me.

Slow-fall is really just a force-vector pointed up and attached to the falling object. Should be the first thing I learn essentially.With very little room for error.

Not a bad standard operations plan, all in all. With Caster, I'd be the heavy, Lian would be support, and Manga and Elyrin could do a combination Fire/Wind attack battery. We can probably organize that loosely as a magical fireteam really.
Works for me.

I do think that we should consider working with a single person running with the second Servant and acting as a normal Master and the rest of us doing hidden work along with Caster, since it would become more obvious that the two Servants are associated if their Master(s) make use of the same tactics, which is unfortunate for us.
Agreed and I'll be the decoy Master considering I'll probably have the best odds surviving solo if I actually go with Runes+magnetic magecraft. Also if we actually go with this plan and I'm the decoy Master I'll request we grab Diarmuid over Alexander please especially if we go with the none CS option.

Finally, I just calculated it, and with the 7 current players, we have just a little less than 3000 total channelling capacity. Or the equivalent of three Rins. Given this, and our desire to have two Servants, I'm not sure if picking Command Seals actually pays off. We'd lose too much channelling capacity, and until they're used, they can be used against us since they mark us out as targets. Without Command Seals, we have a guaranteed supply equal to whatever team-members are left, and we can't be detected as Masters, potentially allowing us to present ourselves as the flunkies of a "real" Master, setting up a hidden foe that doesn't exist if we're forced into contact with the enemy.
I guess it depends on just how much of a bonus to healing and prana regeneration the Servants gains.

Furthermore, while I'm not sure if we'll ever actually play it out, IC I'd be of the opinion that having enough capacity to keep a Servant around post-War is a good thing for us. A bit of security essentially, given we might make a number of people really, really angry in the course of the War...

And for that, I believe we should have at least two Rins left of capacity, which might get a little troublesome with the Command Seals.Not a bad reason to go with it although don't forget Rin was only using around 80% of her prana channeling capacity when doing it.

@Alf How much of a increase to healing and prana regeneration do the Servants gain if we choose not to get Command Seals? Furthermore will the enemy Masters still recognize us as a fellow Master if we go with said bonus?

HolySeraph
January 1st, 2012, 01:03 AM
Do the group start with any money, funds, resources?

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 01:59 AM
How will the servants stats work since we're sharing the same servant.

Original stats in the profile or argument ones?

alfheimwanderer
January 1st, 2012, 03:24 AM
They're only somewhat difficult to implement if Alf decided to do so.

Sorcery Traits: I will not be assigning Sorcery Traits, in all likeliness. They're not exactly easy to uncover anyway.

@Alf How much of a increase to healing and prana regeneration do the Servants gain if we choose not to get Command Seals? Furthermore will the enemy Masters still recognize us as a fellow Master if we go with said bonus?

Regen: About a 20% increase.

Being Recognized as Masters: You will not be recognized as fellow Masters, per se, but those skilled at detecting prana flows may sense something is off. And of course, you'll be recognized as magi, and any magus moving around during the War is probably going to be thought of as a valid target, especially if you go after them or act suspicious.

Do the group start with any money, funds, resources?

Resources and Funds: There is a supply of gold in the basement of the safehouse, as well as prana that has been crystallized into jewels. The total sum should be enough to get you a full set of forged papers ($5000 USD each) + travel to Japan ($1500 USD each), and some small incidentals like basic clothing and such. You have perhaps the equivalent of $10,000 USD left over for use - and are given title to one of the abandoned Edelfelt manors in Fuyuki.

How will the servants stats work since we're sharing the same servant.

Servant Stats: Most likely original, though I may choose to augment a stat or two as appropriate.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
I'd think the ability to dodge projectiles is the one you'd want to focus on the most and we should be able to cook up a magecraft ritual for simulating it without too much risk other than bruises,cuts and scrapes hopefully.

I'm really hesitant to ignore extra fighting experience in favour of extra spells. Not when I'm a mainline fighter at least. Well, we can think a bit more on how to achieve best results a little later. We'll be wanting to do mock fights no matter what though. Especially if we decide to operate as two semi-independent fireteams.

It also requires a certain amount of cleverness because you can't adjust the target's memories too much more than the people he/she interacts with.

True enough. Still, who wants to learn it? We should have two, and we have no names yet...

Works for me and perhaps have Lian make a concentrate a easily flammable liquid removing its impurities and than you funnel it using wind while Lian ignites it via temperature increase?

I think if Lian can create interesting chemicals from the atmosphere, something like Nitroglycerin should be enough for most purposes by far. Either that or Nitric acid. If she can't create semi-complex molecules, increasing the local humidity is probably the biggest help, since that gives me more water to tear into hydrogen and atomic oxygen, which is going to be the basic substance I expect to use for the whole Fuel-Air explosion thing.

The other combination spell I think is most interesting is a super-pressurized liquid or gas pointed at the opponent. Flame throwers feel slightly underwhelming in the face of all these other things.

With very little room for error.

An upwards acceleration of 9.82 m/s should more or less stop the fall. Something like 15 m/s might push the user upwards slightly before it is lowered to permit a decent. If it is applied before you start falling, control should (if the user is competent with the spell) be effectively perfect. If it wasn't, then there wouldn't be much room for error anyway. Something more advanced would probably be a waste of effort to design.

Agreed and I'll be the decoy Master considering I'll probably have the best odds surviving solo if I actually go with Runes+magnetic magecraft. Also if we actually go with this plan and I'm the decoy Master I'll request we grab Diarmuid over Alexander please especially if we go with the none CS option.

I'm up for that, though if we can think of ways to get either Benkei or Li Shuwen for the Lancer slot instead at all, we should probably try. Benkei especially would make fighting Gil, Saber or Alexander vastly easier, and Li Shuwen as Lancer would likely be every bit as much of a powerhouse as he was as Assassin, if not more.

I guess it depends on just how much of a bonus to healing and prana regeneration the Servants gains.

Well, my main reason for wanting +regen is more that I'd like to be able to hide better. Especially since we should be theoretically capable of closing our circuits and looking like totally normal people if we lack CS, which is a major advantage for scouting/spying and operating within Fuyuki as opposed to the outskirts we might take control of.

Not a bad reason to go with it although don't forget Rin was only using around 80% of her prana channeling capacity when doing it.

True. At least the details of that aren't too important right now.

Resources and Funds: There is a supply of gold in the basement of the safehouse, as well as prana that has been crystallized into jewels. The total sum should be enough to get you a full set of forged papers ($5000 USD each) + travel to Japan ($1500 USD each), and some small incidentals like basic clothing and such. You have perhaps the equivalent of $10,000 USD left over for use - and are given title to one of the abandoned Edelfelt manors in Fuyuki.

10,000 USD... that's not actually too much cash for 7-8 people to survive for two weeks. Well, with housing dealt with, we won't need to spend quite as much, but still... pretty restricted. We may want to consider additional sources of cash.

Yet another reason to ransack the Matou household appears! Stealing as much of their cash as possible! =P

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
I think if Lian can create interesting chemicals from the atmosphere, something like Nitroglycerin should be enough for most purposes by far. Either that or Nitric acid. If she can't create semi-complex molecules, increasing the local humidity is probably the biggest help, since that gives me more water to tear into hydrogen and atomic oxygen, which is going to be the basic substance I expect to use for the whole Fuel-Air explosion thing.
Awwww yeaaaaaah chemistry.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM
We might want to invest in fertilizer just for easy access to phosphorous and sulphur...

Concentrated sulphuric acid would be a nasty surprise for Kayneth for instance, and slapping down a sack of fertilizer and turning it into white phosphorous is also pretty dangerous. Though nitric acid from the atmosphere is kinda more useful, since it can be created most anywhere, and doesn't require lugging around a sack of fertilizer everywhere...

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah, lots of nitrogen in the atmosphere that can be used. Or we can base in a clover field.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
So yeah, if you learn reinforcement, healing and magical chemistry, I think you should be pretty set for the War. The biggest issue would be how to protect yourself from the substances you'd be working with...

Maybe if you can learn something about diverting heat? If we combine again, I should be able to deal with the pressure, and you with the heat...

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
If I can heal, maybe I can do something about chemicals around me too? Also, I'm probably not going to focus much on physical combat, probably gonna end up being slightly-squishy wizard.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
If I can heal, maybe I can do something about chemicals around me too? Also, I'm probably not going to focus much on physical combat, probably gonna end up being slightly-squishy wizard.

That's fine, as long as you can still dodge. I'll be the mainliner as I've mentioned, in which case it's my job to keep you alive so you can patch me up after I've started to be less alive at the end of the fight.

And healing + magical chemistry has the potential for many, many interesting and horrible things, yes.

Yun
January 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM
I'm really hesitant to ignore extra fighting experience in favour of extra spells. Not when I'm a mainline fighter at least. Well, we can think a bit more on how to achieve best results a little later. We'll be wanting to do mock fights no matter what though. Especially if we decide to operate as two semi-independent fireteams.
Fair enough.

True enough. Still, who wants to learn it? We should have two, and we have no names yet...
zlol mentioned he wanted to learn it.

Don't forget the workshop should have some useful chemicals.

The other combination spell I think is most interesting is a super-pressurized liquid or gas pointed at the opponent. Flame throwers feel slightly underwhelming in the face of all these other things.

A Flamethrower could be a good way to counter Kayneth's Mystic Code or freezing it could work as well.

An upwards acceleration of 9.82 m/s should more or less stop the fall. Something like 15 m/s might push the user upwards slightly before it is lowered to permit a decent. If it is applied before you start falling, control should (if the user is competent with the spell) be effectively perfect. If it wasn't, then there wouldn't be much room for error anyway. Something more advanced would probably be a waste of effort to design.
That would work assuming your not actively being attacked but the principle is the same.

I'm up for that, though if we can think of ways to get either Benkei or Li Shuwen for the Lancer slot instead at all, we should probably try. Benkei especially would make fighting Gil, Saber or Alexander vastly easier, and Li Shuwen as Lancer would likely be every bit as much of a powerhouse as he was as Assassin, if not more.
I don't think we have time to find/travel to Caster's Catalyst, summon her, kill/disable Kayneth, travel to get a catalyst for Benkei
assuming we can think of one and summon Lancer

Well, my main reason for wanting +regen is more that I'd like to be able to hide better. Especially since we should be theoretically capable of closing our circuits and looking like totally normal people if we lack CS, which is a major advantage for scouting/spying and operating within Fuyuki as opposed to the outskirts we might take control of.
Hence why I'm supporting selecting the +regen assuming we don't choose to summon Alexander and don't forget Mystic Codes, recently preformed magecraft and possibly stuff like inactive Runes will identify you as a magi aka a someone to eliminate just to be cautious.

Which is why excluding the decoy Master I'd recommend for everyone to use the buddy system or form a team of three if we have an odd number of players.

True. At least the details of that aren't too important right now.
Yep and I wouldn't mind continuing the RP to see the fallout from our intervention in the 4th HGW assuming I somehow manage to survive.

10,000 USD... that's not actually too much cash for 7-8 people to survive for two weeks. Well, with housing dealt with, we won't need to spend quite as much, but still... pretty restricted. We may want to consider additional sources of cash.

Yet another reason to ransack the Matou household appears! Stealing as much of their cash as possible! =PEr the Matou's wealth is in magical books not material wealth iirc.

So yeah, if you learn reinforcement, healing and magical chemistry, I think you should be pretty set for the War. The biggest issue would be how to protect yourself from the substances you'd be working with...

Maybe if you can learn something about diverting heat? If we combine again, I should be able to deal with the pressure, and you with the heat...Assuming I gain a decent amount of skill with Runes I could make something to ward against fire.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
zlol mentioned he wanted to learn it.

Oh, right. So that's one down. Who else is interested?

Don't forget the workshop should have some useful chemicals.

Probably, but in general we're better off using just nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen and maybe carbon, since all of that exists in the atmosphere which means it can be created anywhere. We might find creating TNT worthwhile though, but that depends a lot on who we want to fight and how.

A Flamethrower could be a good way to counter Kayneth's Mystic Code or freezing it could work as well.

Drowning him in nitric acid works just as well and is probably easier to do to be honest. Or at least, I'm not aware of a usefully flammable liquid that can be created from atmospheric elements, whereas nitric acid reacts with mercury and is a pretty simple molecule. HNO3 is about as straightforward as they come, and all of it is easily available.

A one-two trick with me doing a hydrogen detonation to get his shield omnidirectional followed by Lianru creating a steady stream of nitric acid falling down on the top of his shield to keep it like that and consume the mercury might actually get him by itself. Having the rest of the team on standby to blast him into oblivion the moment there is an opening makes for a fairly solid basic plan in my mind.

That would work assuming your not actively being attacked but the principle is the same.

If I can't apply force vectors to myself actively in combat, I've been doing something wrong with my training.

I don't think we have time to find/travel to Caster's Catalyst, summon her, kill/disable Kayneth, travel to get a catalyst for Benkei assuming we can think of one and summon Lancer

It might work. It requires that we do either the Caster summoning or the Kayneth ambush first thing when we get out, followed immediately by the other one, and then make use of the slight amount of extra time gained to grab the other catalyst. Of course, this does require that we know of a catalyst yes.

Anyone here knows Bājqun? We might be able to use the martial art itself as a catalyst for Li Shuwen for instance. And if we summon Tamamo, she might be able to help us get a catalyst for Benkei.

Well, in any case, I figure our main decision is when to attack Kayneth and when to summon Tamamo. Once we've dealt with Kayneth (if we manage to deal with Kayneth actually), we gain some leeway in summoning Lancer. If we can leverage this to gaining a different Servant than Diarmuid with Tamamo's assistance, I think we should consider it at least.

Hence why I'm supporting selecting the +regen assuming we don't choose to summon Alexander and don't forget Mystic Codes, recently preformed magecraft and possibly stuff like inactive Runes will identify you as a magi aka a someone to eliminate just to be cautious.

Of course, but just being able to divest oneself of all those things and end up looking totally normal is a significant advantage. Anyway, I assume this has us at two for +regen right now?

Which is why excluding the decoy Master I'd recommend for everyone to use the buddy system or form a team of three if we have an odd number of players.

Probably a good idea, yeah. Cellphones for everyone as well, bulky though they might be.

Yep and I wouldn't mind continuing the RP to see the fallout from our intervention in the 4th HGW assuming I somehow manage to survive.

Could potentially be pretty interesting, yeah.

Er the Matou's wealth is in magical books not material wealth iirc.

They should have some wealth around that house nonetheless. Though this reminds me of something...

Assuming I gain a decent amount of skill with Runes I could make something to ward against fire.

That would be pretty useful. I need stuff to protect myself from my own spells.

Anyway, something we haven't talked about much yet, but which happens to be really, really important...

How are we going to actually solve the Grail issue? Being able to win the War is a pretty good starting point, but it doesn't really resolve the whole "Angra Mainyu is in the Grail" thing.

I unfortunately don't have many ideas myself just yet, though looting the Matou house for books and giving them to Tamamo seems like a pretty solid thing to do. Otherwise there is the possibility of winning the War and using a wish that the Grail can't creatively reinterpret, though what this should be I don't know. We can't blow up the Greater Grail to do it at least, so we either have to purify it or at least channel it into something non-destructive.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
tl;dr we use science instead of magic, just like Kiritsugu.

HolySeraph
January 1st, 2012, 06:43 PM
tl;dr we use science instead of magic, just like Kiritsugu.

Easier said then done. Only have a week for you to get the supplies for science. when you're busying summoning a servant.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Well, that's where the magic comes in. I suppose this me is going for transmutation, of which healing is a subset.

HolySeraph
January 1st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Curious...is it possible for others to detect the geas? The terms of it?
Imagine if others learn its with Lizleihi...or its to prevent Fuyuki's destruction.

Well, that's where the magic comes in. I suppose this me is going for transmutation, of which healing is a subset.
I don't think that gets firearms in Japan like Kiritsugu.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 07:09 PM
I don't think that gets firearms in Japan like Kiritsugu.

Well, I don't know how useful guns will be for us, but if we want 'em, I think we'll be using either Tamamo or Mental Manipulation spells to get a few choice items from a JGSDF base.

alfheimwanderer
January 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM
Curious...is it possible for others to detect the geas? The terms of it?

Geas: Not really detectable at all. Hers is a subtle working that is hard to notice by any magus, unless they're purposely seeking it while touching you (and even then, only a very skilled one). Terms are not detectable.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Well, I don't know how useful guns will be for us, but if we want 'em, I think we'll be using either Tamamo or Mental Manipulation spells to get a few choice items from a JGSDF base.
So, was Tamamo the decided Servant we wanted?

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 07:22 PM
So, was Tamamo the decided Servant we wanted?

I've yet to hear dissenting opinions at least.

HolySeraph
January 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Kiritsugu used them pretty well. Obviously, some masters they would be of little use for. But so is any kind of force against them.

Geas: Not really detectable at all. Hers is a subtle working that is hard to notice by any magus, unless they're purposely seeking it while touching you (and even then, only a very skilled one). Terms are not detectable.
Too bad. Could of been a nice card to play to convince some people.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Kiritsugu used them pretty well. Obviously, some masters they would be of little use for. But so is any kind of force against them.

Yeah, but we don't have Kiritsugu's skills. I mean, at the very least I wouldn't rely on my ability to snipe someone in something as crucial as the War. Though getting a bunch of SMGs and using for essentially solely suppressive fire might work.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM
I've yet to hear dissenting opinions at least.
The problem is actually getting there to summon her, but I guess we can figure that out later.

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM
I think I'm going to focus on Reinforcement and runecraft on my body to achieve a good amount of speed wile possibly focus on gun training for hit and run tactics.

Maybe brush up on a bit my Tae Kwon Do that I have neglected in my spare time.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 08:35 PM
The problem is actually getting there to summon her, but I guess we can figure that out later.

I still think my basic plan for that is workable. Go to the Plains of Nasu, preferably some place commemorating some part of her myth (like something commemorating the cleansing of the Sesshouseki), perform the Kabuki-play about her, and summon. Might help that we all have an image of her as well, but I don't know if that kind of thing counts.

Similarly, we might actually be able to summon Benkei by performing the summoning on the Gojo bridge in Kyoto.

Use the location as the catalyst essentially.

Elyrin
January 1st, 2012, 08:36 PM
Well, it worked for Kojiro. Technically.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Well, it worked for Kojiro. Technically.

Wasn't Berserker's catalyst a piece of stone from some location connected to him as well?

Elyrin
January 1st, 2012, 08:38 PM
The Einzbern made his axe-sword out of a piece of stone of his temples, and used that as the catalyst, IIRC.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 08:42 PM
The Einzbern made his axe-sword out of a piece of stone of his temples, and used that as the catalyst, IIRC.

Seems like the same principle more or less applies. The equivalent would be digging up the earth at the spot commemorating the cleansing of the Sesshouseki or stealing part of the Gojo bridge and using that as catalyst. In which case I figure that using the location itself rather than just part of it taken away is more liable to produce results.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
Might help that we all have an image of her as well, but I don't know if that kind of thing counts.
inb4 drawing Nasu-Tamamo helps our summon if it does I would totally do it

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
inb4 drawing Nasu-Tamamo helps our summon if it does I would totally do it

Well, given her personality, it very well might.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
Great, a goal in my free time: lrn 2 draw better

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
will it be a smart idea to use runecraft on bullets?

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 08:55 PM
will it be a smart idea to use runecraft on bullets?

Well, it'd be a pain to custom-modify them, but I don't see how else you would make a gun more useful than just straight magic most of the time, aside from not costing prana.

Anyway, we might want to steal some SMGs and handguns from a JGSDF base to be honest. Something light and concealable mostly, for when we need suppressive fire or can't just Magecraft. If someone wants to specialize, we could go looking for something more specific as well, I guess.

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
Well, it'd be a pain to custom-modify them, but I don't see how else you would make a gun more useful than just straight magic most of the time, aside from not costing prana.

Anyway, we might want to steal some SMGs and handguns from a JGSDF base to be honest. Something light and concealable mostly, for when we need suppressive fire or can't just Magecraft. If someone wants to specialize, we could go looking for something more specific as well, I guess.

I'll compensate for using a bigger caliber on a bolt action rifle or an early semi-automatic like the Garand.

If not I'll mode the gun itself.

SeiKeo
January 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Just gonna tell you, neither the Japanese Army nor the US armed forces are going to have Garands on base. :D

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 09:02 PM
I'll compensate for using a bigger caliber on a bolt action rifle or an early semi-automatic like the Garand.

If not I'll mode the gun itself.

Well, if you have a plan, and think it can work out to fight Magi and maybe even potentially if you're really good and really lucky inconvenience a Servant, you should be good to go.

Can you outline your presumed tactics and spells?

Elyrin
January 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM
I don't really see bullets doing anything at all to Servants, if there are badass enough "normal" humans who can deal with them without much trouble.

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
Just gonna tell you, neither the Japanese Army nor the US armed forces are going to have Garands on base. :D

They do or I steal it from some military nerd or something.

Well, if you have a plan, and think it can work out to fight Magi and maybe even potentially if you're really good and really lucky inconvenience a Servant, you should be good to go.

Can you outline your presumed tactics and spells?

Well I'm just providing covering fire or probably annoy or distract the master maybe focusing their attention on me while the main fighters go for the kill.

As for spells I'm possibly using runes on my legs to increase my jumping and running speed along with reinforcement.

Create a small bounded field using the wind as kind of a camo similar to that as invisible air.

Use runecraft on the bullets to increase the speed and perhaps stopping power on the bullets maybe enough to damage barrier type spells.

I'm not sure on what can I apply to the gun but I'm open to suggestions.

SeiKeo
January 1st, 2012, 09:14 PM

...no, no they don't. They keep surplus arms from the Korean war?

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM
...no, no they don't. They keep surplus arms from the Korean war?

Ceremonial use mostly. Though I'm not sure If I should steal one during a military funeral that will be in bad taste.

So I'm inclined to mug a military nerd.

EnigmaticFellow
January 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM
Well guys, I came up with something I can specialize in, bounded fields. One I have specifically in mind is to take advantage of my water alignment to bring out a fog in order to hinder the sight of opponents.

Lianru
January 1st, 2012, 10:16 PM
So, bounded fields and secondary healing? I need to make a list.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Well I'm just providing covering fire or probably annoy or distract the master maybe focusing their attention on me while the main fighters go for the kill.

I think you should have at least one "kill spell", even if you mainly do speed and distractions. Some powerful single-target trick that you can use if the enemy is open to the surprise attack.

As for spells I'm possibly using runes on my legs to increase my jumping and running speed along with reinforcement.

Well, if you only want runes for that one thing, I can see it working, and runes + reinforcement is probably pretty good. Remember that Wind lets you have other movement spells as well, even if just something like applying a vector of force to yourself.

Create a small bounded field using the wind as kind of a camo similar to that as invisible air.

Highly doubtful. Against normals, you'd probably have better luck using Mental Manipulation to make them think you weren't there. It might be useful against security cameras and such, which does grant advantages against Kiritsugu, but compared to how difficult I expect it to be...? Seems like a lot of trouble.

Use runecraft on the bullets to increase the speed and perhaps stopping power on the bullets maybe enough to damage barrier type spells.

I'm not sure on what can I apply to the gun but I'm open to suggestions.

Well, Kiritsugu has proven that any kind of disruption effect on bullets is pretty good. If you want more speed and stopping power, you might actually get that by reinforcing the gun and the ammunition. If you reinforce the gunpowder in the bullet and reinforce the gun barrel, you should have a decent chance at getting a significantly higher muzzle velocity. If you want to go all out, you might try to create an enchantment at the muzzle to apply a Wind-style spell to further increase the bullet velocity.

The bullets themselves should carry some kind of damaging payload. Disruption effects would be good, I think. The important factor is them having a spiritual damage element (which makes them effective against Servants if you can hit them), and preferably having some kind of anti-Magus property.

Aside from getting reinforced and having a spell for bullet acceleration on the muzzle, a weight reducer and a recoil-dampener, especially the recoil-dampener, could be added. And, of course, something to make people not notice it.

Well guys, I came up with something I can specialize in, bounded fields. One I have specifically in mind is to take advantage of my water alignment to bring out a fog in order to hinder the sight of opponents.

Well, keep in mind that Bounded Fields take time to set up. How are you planning on working in the group using them, and how will you set them up under combat conditions? And will you do secondary healing?

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 11:17 PM
Well I can perhaps lighten on the recoil and maybe install a rune on the muzzle to dampen the sound of the gunshot. The bullet themselves might have a rune to increase damage but I do not no how to go about this that relates to my affinity.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 11:17 PM
Well I can perhaps lighten on the recoil and maybe install a rune on the muzzle to dampen the sound of the gunshot. The bullet themselves might have a rune to increase damage but I do not no how to go about this that relates to my affinity.

You'd probably have to use something more orthodox. Those exist after all.

HolySeraph
January 1st, 2012, 11:18 PM
To be fair
Main problem with firearms is you can't get any until after the 3 years. Which limits practice time. And then Japan has very strict gun control laws.
But then they can offer firepower that comes at no prana cost and can be easier to learn.

While you can learn offensive magic, that plays to the other masters' strengths(for some of them) and uses up prana.

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 11:31 PM
Crap...., Aren't their your local black market seller of firearms or something when you need one. Still wind can be used for so much.

Here's an idea. a Wind Based Shrapnel? Is this plausible?

HolySeraph
January 1st, 2012, 11:40 PM
Crap...., Aren't their your local black market seller of firearms or something when you need one. Still wind can be used for so much.
The Yakuza most likely.

But do you speak Japanese?

EnigmaticFellow
January 1st, 2012, 11:42 PM
Well, keep in mind that Bounded Fields take time to set up. How are you planning on working in the group using them, and how will you set them up under combat conditions? And will you do secondary healing?

I basically chose bounded fields since I read someone suggesting we needed someone specializing in it. I currently have no attachment to any role for myself at the moment. I'll just choose something to help compliment my team. And I already stated that I'm fine with healing magecraft.

alfheimwanderer
January 1st, 2012, 11:44 PM
But do you speak Japanese?

Language: You get the basic primer on language and culture given to Servants in the Holy Grail War.

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM

Here's an idea. a Wind Based Shrapnel? Is this plausible?

Wind based grenades or bombs are troublesome, but workable. I have something similar myself if I manage to develop that spell.

My own version is basically creating an area of extremely pressured gas (atmosphere) and then releasing it. It works basically by compressing a section of space and then heating it up, followed by releasing the compression spell. Superheated shockwave of air follows.

The other method would be a collection of scrap thrown somewhere and then accelerated to extreme speeds, however in that case you might as well carry around a collection of metal spikes or something and fire individually or in groups at targets, since that is mostly more effective.

I basically chose bounded fields since I read someone suggesting we needed someone specializing in it. I currently have no attachment to any role for myself at the moment. I'll just choose something to help compliment my team. And I already stated that I'm fine with healing magecraft.

That was probably me to be honest, but thinking about it, they're problematic unless you pick some really specific types and learn how to place them very quickly. Tamamo should be able to handle any serious Bounded Field needs we might have anyway, so our spellcasting needs should be things that are to be used outside our "base".

Elyrin
January 1st, 2012, 11:52 PM
Pretty sure Tamamo is a bit terrible with bounded fields, actually.

Of course, that could very well just be "terrible for a Caster"

Usandru
January 1st, 2012, 11:54 PM
Pretty sure Tamamo is a bit terrible with bounded fields, actually.

Of course, that could very well just be "terrible for a Caster"

She has Territory Creation C. However Territory Creation and Bounded Fields aren't exactly the same as I understand it. But yeah, even if she is utterly terrible at it, there is no possible way that she could ever be worse than us.

HolySeraph
January 1st, 2012, 11:54 PM
Language: You get the basic primer on language and culture given to Servants in the Holy Grail War.
Is that the 2nd or 3rd question of mine you answered? Over something that is rather basic and somewhat important?

That was probably me to be honest, but thinking about it, they're problematic unless you pick some really specific types and learn how to place them very quickly. Tamamo should be able to handle any serious Bounded Field needs we might have anyway, so our spellcasting needs should be things that are to be used outside our "base".
Or anything else that Tamamo can't do or is too trivial for her to do.

mangafreak7793
January 1st, 2012, 11:59 PM
My three ideas for such a wind based bullet.

One that lets out a blast of air with the amount of power as getting hit my a small truck.

One that 'pushes' oxygen out of an intend area causing suffocation.

a dust bomb bullet.

EnigmaticFellow
January 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM

If that's the case, I can either be a front-liner with his own healing spells or a support unit. What are the roles of my team-mates again so I can adjust myself accordingly? I haven't been able to check this forum out all of yesterday and most of today, so I'm a bit behind the times.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
Well, do think about what you'd like to do. IC is probably being posted sometime tomorrow.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 02:03 AM
Alf, is it possible to get firearms in the three year or in the bunker?

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 02:13 AM
Alf, is it possible to get firearms in the three year or in the bunker?

Firearms: Not while in the bunker. You may secure some from your handler when you are released, for a portion of your $10,000 USD. Remember, a good H&K can cost over $1K

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 02:16 AM
Heck, any kind of decent (combat-grade) modern gun is going to run over 1k, probably. Could buy some ex-Soviet or Chinese surplus AK models, but those aren't exactly good, now are they?

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 02:17 AM
Heck, any kind of decent (combat-grade) modern gun is going to run over 1k, probably. Could buy some ex-Soviet or Chinese surplus AK models, but those aren't exactly good, now are they?

I was thinking a mosin nagant or a garand will suffice, I prefer older guns.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 02:20 AM

If you're going to entrust your life to a weapon, I'd prefer not getting a saturday night special...

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
If you're going to entrust your life to a weapon, I'd prefer not getting a saturday night special...

This is true. How much is a Mosin Nagant or Garand shouldn't be too pricy.

Maybe go with a bretta as well if i need a side arm.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 02:27 AM
Quick Google for a Garand gives a range, but minimum is probably 700. A MN, more in the 500 range, but... there's a reason they're cheap.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 02:28 AM
This is true. How much is a Mosin Nagant or Garand shouldn't be too pricy.

Are we talking legally or illegally? Even a used Garand in decent condition, sourced legally, will set you back at least $700. If you mean through the sources you'll be using, pricier...

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 02:32 AM
I did roughly to 500 to 900 yards. So roughly a quarter of a mile.....

and a Mosin Nagant for 500 to 600 yards and I now the Soviets mass produced those suckers.

Still I'm planning on modifying the gun and bullets to increase the effective range so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If I'm lucky maybe about another 100 or 200 yards.

Not sure if very effective opinions?

Alf: Well I've seen one legally it was roughly 600$ and in good condition and how much we're talking illegally?

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 02:36 AM
If you aren't a gunsmith, I would advise against trying to alter firearms: dangerous. Plus, ammo is expensive. If you need guns for everyone, black market AKs as reserve weapons sounds best, with one dedicated gunman with a decent battle rifle.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM
tch, then how am I supposed to fight?

I do have some knowledge/experience with firearms (though not much to be honest) and at my current self and abilities, I won't be much use frontlines either?

Besides I thought using Runes on guns will be more successful.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 02:53 AM
Besides I thought using Runes on guns will be more successful.

Runes on Guns: What did you intend to do with them? And what kind of ammunition?

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 02:59 AM
Runes on Guns: What did you intend to do with them? And what kind of ammunition?

Well some engraving or marking on the gun for less recoil, suppress the gunshot noise, and to increase the velocity and stopping power on the bullet.

Mundane, but some will be engraved for farther reach, some type of shrapnel variant, or other magecraft-esque spells.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 03:29 AM
Well some engraving or marking on the gun for less recoil, suppress the gunshot noise, and to increase the velocity and stopping power on the bullet.

Mundane, but some will be engraved for farther reach, some type of shrapnel variant, or other magecraft-esque spells.

Well, such alterations are doable - but at the same time, if you inscribe runes on the gun and activate them, they will make the gun detectable as an artifact, not merely as a mundane weapon. For a sniper rifle that might not matter as much, but then, gunshot noise wouldn't be much of an issue with those either.

Runes will take intensive study to get down.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 03:36 AM
Well, such alterations are doable - but at the same time, if you inscribe runes on the gun and activate them, they will make the gun detectable as an artifact, not merely as a mundane weapon. For a sniper rifle that might not matter as much, but then, gunshot noise wouldn't be much of an issue with those either.

Runes will take intensive study to get down.

Well another thing is to combine reinforcement and some runecraft on my legs to increase my speed and jumping abilities as well. (for hit and run purposes and from running away from certain pursuers)

Well i only know WW1 and WW2 weaponry well so I wouldn't know what modern type sniper rifle to use and not to mention they now require two man teams for the more successful shots.

SeiKeo
January 2nd, 2012, 03:39 AM
If you want modern snipers, for the most part a lot of them are just adapted versions of civilian market guns: a nice hunting rifle will probably do as well. Semi-automatic is harder to find, but the US has been putting scopes on modernized M-14s now and using them as partial sniper rifles for urban combat.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
If you want modern snipers, for the most part a lot of them are just adapted versions of civilian market guns: a nice hunting rifle will probably do as well. Semi-automatic is harder to find, but the US has been putting scopes on modernized M-14s now and using them as partial sniper rifles for urban combat.

True, I could use that the reason I didn't want a too modern gun like the m16 is because I think wood might be a better conductor for runes then with weapon made fully out of metal (plus less time to engrave I think) not to mention my love for WW2 guns but I can use this.

Usandru
January 2nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Or anything else that Tamamo can't do or is too trivial for her to do.

Mmmh, but I don't think Magecraft counts as too trivial, and if there is something she can't do with Magecraft, I doubt we can either. Except maybe use familiars. Those might not fit the kind of being she is.

If that's the case, I can either be a front-liner with his own healing spells or a support unit. What are the roles of my team-mates again so I can adjust myself accordingly? I haven't been able to check this forum out all of yesterday and most of today, so I'm a bit behind the times.

Well, it's still a little vague.

I'm a mainline combatant with a focus on using Wind for "pressure" and "force", along with transmutation and manipulation of gasses.

Lianru is the healer and main support of my team, with a focus on using Water for healing and Water/Fire for transmutation.

Mangafreak intends to be a hit and run style fighter, using Wind for speed. What exactly is going to be his offensive trick is still a little vague, though he's currently considering guns.

zlol is currently thinking of something close-quarters with a sword, and has mentioned being willing to pick Mental Manipulation for support.

Yun has mentioned Bounded Fields and magnetics, but I don't know what role he'd like to fulfil in the team, though he has mentioned being willing to act as a decoy Master for one of the Servants, so probably using Earth to become a human tank or something.

I haven't seen anything from Elyrin. Nothing that I remember at least.

And then there is you, with your kind (and somewhat frustrating =P) offer of fitting in as we need you to.

Team 1, with me and Lianru is probably going to be the team with the heaviest firepower, since we'll probably have the easiest time making large-scale damage spells possible, and might be capable of everything from poisoning people with carbon-monoxide, to blowing them up with nitroglycerin manifested directly from the re-composition of atmospheric molecules. However as our most powerful spells are probably going to be somewhat demanding, having a fighter specializing in cheap and fast spells to guard us while we set up finishers would be useful. I'm thinking Mangafreak and one of the fire users would be good for this.

Team 2 is smaller and will probably have less big attacks in general, so should probably focus on a mixture of assassination and battlefield control. If we assume that the teams will generally cooperate to avoid getting steam-rolled by any Master worth their salt, Team 2 is supposed to make the first strike at the enemy, and if they fail, they're to herd the enemy into the firing range of Team 1.

Maybe. I still have trouble visualizing the combat flow, since there are too many variables I can pin down on our side.

Well another thing is to combine reinforcement and some runecraft on my legs to increase my speed and jumping abilities as well. (for hit and run purposes and from running away from certain pursuers)

Well i only know WW1 and WW2 weaponry well so I wouldn't know what modern type sniper rifle to use and not to mention they now require two man teams for the more successful shots.

I think that in light of this additional information, using guns as your primary weapon is going to fail. You're going to have another three years for your skills to atrophy in the first place, your enchantments will have to be applied once we get out, your familiarity is with outdated guns where I suspect you almost might as well use a reinforced bow and arrow without the rate of fire advantage, and I still don't see much damage potential from a magical gun.

I agree we should have guns, but they're secondary weapons at best, and rather than spend money on it (unless we have to), I think we might want to ask Tamamo to help us "acquire" a few choice items from a US or JSDF base. Some SMGs and handguns mostly, I think.

Maybe try to learn some lightning magic instead?

zlol365
January 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
heh, here's the more cmmon magecraft i would learn first:

-Fire enchantment
-Reinforcement
-Object manipulation
-Illusions

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Well I got nothing to apply my magic then just speed. I prefer something with long range maybe creating small shikigami with wind chimes or paper airplanes?

Though I'm no sure if the damage will be that good.

Lianru
January 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
lol shikigami.
Since you're wind, I'd say projectiles would be something good.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
lol shikigami.
Since you're wind, I'd say projectiles would be something good.

Yeah, But i need something effective so I'm not sure Shikigami or familars will be effective.

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
@Alf is there any time-limit in which we have to summon a Servant or we get the default ones? Also who is the default Lancer if we don't use a catalyst?

Oh, right. So that's one down. Who else is interested?
I'll probably learn how to do it using Runes.

Drowning him in nitric acid works just as well and is probably easier to do to be honest. Or at least, I'm not aware of a usefully flammable liquid that can be created from atmospheric elements, whereas nitric acid reacts with mercury and is a pretty simple molecule. HNO3 is about as straightforward as they come, and all of it is easily available.

A one-two trick with me doing a hydrogen detonation to get his shield omnidirectional followed by Lianru creating a steady stream of nitric acid falling down on the top of his shield to keep it like that and consume the mercury might actually get him by itself. Having the rest of the team on standby to blast him into oblivion the moment there is an opening makes for a fairly solid basic plan in my mind.
It's a decent plan.

Anyone here knows Bājqun? We might be able to use the martial art itself as a catalyst for Li Shuwen for instance. And if we summon Tamamo, she might be able to help us get a catalyst for Benkei.I doubt someone's skill in Bajiquan would overcome their personality's connection to a heroic spirit, also Li Shuwen canonically class is Aassassin and I'd rather not run the risk that he doesn't actually qualify as Lancer.

Of course, but just being able to divest oneself of all those things and end up looking totally normal is a significant advantage. Anyway, I assume this has us at two for +regen right now?
Yep.

They should have some wealth around that house nonetheless. Though this reminds me of something...
It can't have been very much considering they had to sell the Matou's stockpile of books to pay for Shirou's puppet body in HF.

That would be pretty useful. I need stuff to protect myself from my own spells.That is why I'm suggesting it.

Anyway, something we haven't talked about much yet, but which happens to be really, really important...

How are we going to actually solve the Grail issue? Being able to win the War is a pretty good starting point, but it doesn't really resolve the whole "Angra Mainyu is in the Grail" thing.

I unfortunately don't have many ideas myself just yet, though looting the Matou house for books and giving them to Tamamo seems like a pretty solid thing to do. Otherwise there is the possibility of winning the War and using a wish that the Grail can't creatively reinterpret, though what this should be I don't know. We can't blow up the Greater Grail to do it at least, so we either have to purify it or at least channel it into something non-destructive.The Matou are unlikely to having anything of value for dealing with Angra Mainyu considering they created the Command Seals not the Servant system.

Anyways the easiest way we could do it is capturing Irisviel by defeating saber and subsequently killing her burning the body than scattering her ashes into the Ocean but 1)That is going to piss off the Clock Tower and everyone else involved in the war. 2)It's a rather cruel way of handling the issue.

A second way would be to simply defeat the other Servants and never allow Irisviel near the summoning location. I don't think we can destroy the greater grail without dying when it appears due to the Geas we're under.

Option number three would be to summon a Servant capable of destroying the Greater Grail when it appears and have someone suicide by using a command seal to have the Servant destroy it but I don't think anyone would be very willing to do so unless we have no other options.

Anyway, we might want to steal some SMGs and handguns from a JGSDF base to be honest. Something light and concealable mostly, for when we need suppressive fire or can't just Magecraft. If someone wants to specialize, we could go looking for something more specific as well, I guess.This is a good idea.

I don't really see bullets doing anything at all to Servants, if there are badass enough "normal" humans who can deal with them without much trouble.Kirei can bullet dodge,Waver it would probably work on but first you need to separate him from Alexander, Kiritsugu has Avalon and Innate Time control, and Kayneth has his Mystic Code.

Finding said nerd is going to be very time consuming and the war only last around 15 days iirc.

Well I'm just providing covering fire or probably annoy or distract the master maybe focusing their attention on me while the main fighters go for the kill. I think revealing that our mindset is radically different from normal magi by using guns early on isn't the best of ideas.

Considering how time consuming learning Runes is going to be I'd think you'd gain more overall by focusing on wind magecraft

Invisible air is a NP so I doubt that is possible and it'd be horribly prana draining.

You'd put runes on the gun not the bullets to enhance the speed and for stopping power put runes on everything besides the bullet's tip increasing the durability trying to get a similar effect as a hollow point bullet?

I'm not sure on what can I apply to the gun but I'm open to suggestions.Make an IED with the shrapnel inside being enhanced by runes to be sharper and something to channel the explosion in the direction of the target.
First off welcome to the team HolySeraph.

How about we take a step back and identify the obstacles required we have to overcome to achieve our mission goal along with possible methods for achieving them, I'd like some input from everyone if possible considering several potential obstacles are having to meticulously plan out a method for defeating Hero!Kotomine, Avalon!Kiritsugu or in a absolute worst case dividing our forces to fight both of them simultaneously.

The other topic we need to discuss are the details on what everyone's going spend the 3 years learning perhaps start by everyone posting an outline of what they want to learn in the 3 years?

Elyrin
January 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
How about we take a step back and identify the obstacles required we have to overcome to achieve our mission goal along with possible methods for achieving them, I'd like some input from everyone if possible considering several potential obstacles are having to meticulously plan out a method for defeating Hero!Kotomine, Avalon!Kiritsugu or in a absolute worst case dividing our forces to fight both of them simultaneously.

No way in hell am I going anywhere near Hero Kotomine.

Unless we have at least one servant still around, trying to beat him is probably little more than suicide.

Lianru
January 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
No way in hell am I going anywhere near Hero Kotomine.

Unless we have at least one servant still around, trying to beat him is probably little more than suicide.
Well...if we beat him before he gets all Trolltomine with Gilgamesh, we would have a chance. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
@Alf is there any time-limit in which we have to summon a Servant or we get the default ones? Also who is the default Lancer if we don't use a catalyst?

Timing: I will give you slightly over a week before the war to get your prep done. If you do not get everything done by then, you will get a default Servant. As for a default...well, how would you get to a situation where you summon a default Lancer, as opposed to Caster or Berserker? That aside - I suppose it would be Vlad III (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Vlad_III) if it actually comes down to it.

Li Shuwen: He qualifies as a Lancer - I mean, he was called the "God of Spear." Further, originally his Class was supposed to be Lancer, but he appeared as Assassin, as his Master Julius desired a young and ferocious Li Shuwen out of compatibility.

Matou resources: Hey, the bodies that Touko makes don't come cheap...

Anyways the easiest way we could do it is capturing Irisviel by defeating saber and subsequently killing her burning the body than scattering her ashes into the Ocean but 1)That is going to piss off the Clock Tower and everyone else involved in the war. 2)It's a rather cruel way of handling the issue.

Exactly how many people did you want to piss off again?

I think revealing that our mindset is radically different from normal magi by using guns early on isn't the best of ideas.

I'm certainly not going to tell you what to do, but...sometimes what you think is the most effective course of action isn't when confronted by reality.

Lianru
January 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hopefully as few as possible. D:

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Alright so what I have heard of a defaults are.

Caster: Shakespeare
Lancer: Vlad
Berserker: Frankenstein

Should we know our other servant defaults just in case anyone?

Lianru
January 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Let's hope for the best (?) and get Tamamo.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Defaults: You're not likely to get Archer, Saber, or Assassin, but for the fun of it, a default assassin would be Jack the Ripper (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper), while Rider would be Francis Drake (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Rider_(Fate/Extra))

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Is Uryuu still going to be a problem if we don't summon a caster?

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Is Uryuu still going to be a problem if we don't summon a caster?

If you don't, someone will. If there's a left over slot, it may well go to Uryuu.

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Timing: I will give you slightly over a week before the war to get your prep done. If you do not get everything done by then, you will get a default Servant. As for a default...well, how would you get to a situation where you summon a default Lancer, as opposed to Caster or Berserker? That aside - I suppose it would be Vlad III (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Vlad_III) if it actually comes down to it.
Sweet that seriously broadens the possible Servant choices available to us. Also we technically start in Canada correct?

As few as possible which is why I wouldn't support that option one.

I'm certainly not going to tell you what to do, but...sometimes what you think is the most effective course of action isn't when confronted by reality.Hence why I'm asking for more opinions because everyone has a bias.

Should we know our other servant defaults just in case anyone?The only other feasible attainable one it could matter for is Rider but I doubt anyone would support default Rider over Alexander.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
If you don't, someone will. If there's a left over slot, it may well go to Uryuu.

A part of me wants to beat him up and steal the servant but Bluebeard might not be helpful due to his blasphemy rampage....

Yeah, Tamamo it is.

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Also we technically start in Canada correct?

Location: No. You start in Eastern Europe - Poland, to be precise. ^^

Lianru
January 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Well....it's closer to Japan than some of Canada.

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM
Well besides runecraft and shikigami any other suggestions for a damage type spell?

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 11:34 PM
Well besides runecraft and shikigami any other suggestions for a damage type spell?

Razor wind? Vacuum bomb?

mangafreak7793
January 2nd, 2012, 11:38 PM
I thought about those and I need a container or delivery device in order to use something like that lest I get got up in the blast.

and I rather not use gems.

Yun
January 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
@Alf When do the other Masters summon within that time-frame?

Location: No. You start in Eastern Europe - Poland, to be precise. ^^....Right well teammates pack your bags because we're hauling ass to Greece to nab us a piece of Heracles's temple and our second Servant is going to be Heracles as either Lancer, Rider or if necessary Berserker w/o made enhancement.

EnigmaticFellow
January 3rd, 2012, 12:02 AM
@Alf When do the other Masters summon within that time-frame?
....Right well teammates pack your bags because we're hauling ass to Greece to nab us a piece of Heracles's temple and our second Servant is going to be Heracles as either Lancer, Rider or if necessary Berserker w/o made enhancement.

Heracles may sound like a good pick at first; however, he still isn't a good counter for either Alexander who can outlast him with his RM or Gilgamesh who could just kill him without too much trouble.

As for my role, I decided that I should be a front-line fighter with basic healing magecraft due to my high circuit count. My magecraft while comprise of me being able to manipulate and transform water in any form. For example, I could be able to turn air into ice, mist, or water. In addition, I could also create ice weapons as well as finding ways to weaponize water and steam. As for healing magecraft, I can cover that under blood manipulation due to my water alignment. Do you guys find this acceptable?

Yun
January 3rd, 2012, 12:52 AM
Heracles may sound like a good pick at first; however, he still isn't a good counter for either Alexander who can outlast him with his RM or Gilgamesh who could just kill him without too much trouble.
Who would you pick as a Servant to counter either of them?

As for my role, I decided that I should be a front-line fighter with basic healing magecraft due to my high circuit count. My magecraft while comprise of me being able to manipulate and transform water in any form. For example, I could be able to turn air into ice, mist, or water. In addition, I could also create ice weapons as well as finding ways to weaponize water and steam. As for healing magecraft, I can cover that under blood manipulation due to my water alignment. Do you guys find this acceptable?I'll have to wait until more people post their tentative 3 year plans to comment but it looks decent to me for the time being I'd consider how to specialize it a little more though.

EnigmaticFellow
January 3rd, 2012, 01:05 AM
Who would you pick as a Servant to counter either of them?

Well, most of us already decided on Tamamo being our choice to summon. We could probably destroy those servants by using a strong enough spell before they have time to react, something which would be easier to do since we would summon her in Japan. In addition, she would have a lot of prana to spare due to her mirror as well.

I'll have to wait until more people post their tentative 3 year plans to comment but it looks decent to me for the time being I'd consider how to specialize it a little more though.

I'll think of something up for that. Perhaps a mystic code I could use to help me in water manipulation would help me?

mangafreak7793
January 3rd, 2012, 01:44 AM
Alf: Can small plastic bottle be a good containment/delivery system for majic.

By delivery system is similar to those of bottle rockets though a bit more advance then that.

alfheimwanderer
January 3rd, 2012, 02:14 AM
Alf: Can small plastic bottle be a good containment/delivery system for magic.

I suppose so, though what did you want to do with it? IED? Grenade? Actual rocket?

mangafreak7793
January 3rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
I suppose so, though what did you want to do with it? IED? Grenade? Actual rocket?

Well maybe a variation between a grenade or rocket propelled explosive.

Since I think my wind magecraft will do little damage if I just use it normally since it has little force. So i think a compressed version of that like a grenade and explosion on impact will be effective damage wise considering it will be a shrapnel (Razor wind) version and a oxygen distortion version.

alfheimwanderer
January 3rd, 2012, 02:39 AM
Well maybe a variation between a grenade or rocket propelled explosive.

Since I think my wind magecraft will do little damage if I just use it normally since it has little force. So i think a compressed version of that like a grenade and explosion on impact will be effective damage wise considering it will be a shrapnel (Razor wind) version and a oxygen distortion version.

Its possible though you may need to reinforce the walls to make sure it doesn't rupture beforehand.

mangafreak7793
January 3rd, 2012, 02:39 AM
Its possible though you may need to reinforce the walls to make sure it doesn't rupture beforehand.

Of coarse I thought that was a given since I'm using plastic bottles.

alfheimwanderer
January 3rd, 2012, 02:50 AM
Of course. Just wanted to be sure.

Elyrin
January 3rd, 2012, 02:52 AM
Fuuuuuu I still haven't decided what I'm going to dooooooo

What do we still need magic-wise that I could reasonably learn?

alfheimwanderer
January 3rd, 2012, 02:59 AM

Well, while the teams have some heavy hitters, a healer, and such, I don't think they have much in the way of those who can lay down suppressive fire. Cheap, fast spells to keep an enemy pinned down or flush them out - a scout type.

HolySeraph
January 3rd, 2012, 04:46 AM

Well I do suggest looking into what else that Fire can do well. I'm presuming you can do more then just literal fire.

alfheimwanderer
January 3rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
Temperatures, heat transfer - possibly illusions...

Oh...

GM NOTE: Please make you Plans of Study nice and detailed, as they will be covering three years in the Safehouse. After those are ruled on - it will be time to get cracking for the War!

Fangstrike
January 3rd, 2012, 05:23 AM
^ The above was an idea I had planned for my fire-aligned magus. Heat transfer for stealing/enhancing fire/cold spells. For example, you could drain all the heat in the area then focus it at one target. Lianru, who's a water/fire type, could probably best accomplish this. You could even get together with another fire or water type and support their spells with this. Although, it's just an idea, I have no idea whether if that's what Alf meant or it would fly as acceptable.

alfheimwanderer
January 3rd, 2012, 05:37 AM
^ The above was an idea I had planned for my fire-aligned magus. Heat transfer for stealing/enhancing fire/cold spells. For example, you could drain all the heat in the area then focus it at one target. Lianru, who's a water/fire type, could probably best accomplish this. You could even get together with another fire or water type and support their spells with this. Although, it's just an idea, I have no idea whether if that's what Alf meant or it would fly as acceptable.

It should work, yes. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

Yun
January 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
@Alf When do the other Masters summon within that time-frame?(the slightly over a week we have to not get a default Servant)

Well, most of us already decided on Tamamo being our choice to summon. We could probably destroy those servants by using a strong enough spell before they have time to react, something which would be easier to do since we would summon her in Japan. In addition,
Er you do realize we can get two Servants right? Also your not going surprise kill Saber, Gilgamesh or Alexander with a single spell. Oh don't forget we start in Poland.

she would have a lot of prana to spare due to her mirror as well.
Since we're considering going with the prana regeneration bonus it isn't a issue if we go with that option.

I'll think of something up for that. Perhaps a mystic code I could use to help me in water manipulation would help me?That would potentially help depending on how you construct it.