PDA

View Full Version : Fate/Credens Justitiam (IC)

alfheimwanderer
January 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
Fate/Credens Justitiam

Welcome to the Nasuverse.

And what a welcome it is, as you are greeted by a vision of none other than Archmagus Lizleihi Justica Von Einzbern, who sacrificed herself to create the Greater Grail, the grand artifact which powers the esoteric ritual called Heaven's Feel, a ritual which was created as a way to reach the Root of All Things - and which has subsequently become corrupted by the summoning of Avenger. Now the omnipotent vessel of wishes has become a force for destruction - a force which will soon be unleashed upon an unwitting world, unless someone intervenes.

...which is where you come in.

100%

Premise:

Once, you were just an ordinary individual, living in the world - a denizen of Beast's Lair and lover of the works of Type-MOON. You debated power levels, wrote stories, participated in role plays and greedily drank in every scrap of knowledge you could about the Nasuverse. (Un)Fortunately, while you understood this work to be fiction, the Nasuverse is very real, if only one of many parallel worlds in the infinite Kaleidoscope of possibilities, and your knowledge has made you valuable to one in dire need.

She could not turn to a normal mage, to a demon hunter, to a demon - as they would exploit the Grail.

She could not turn to a mundane person in her world, as they would have no clue what they were up against - nor did she want the secret of magecraft exposed.

She could not summon a heroic spirit to administer the war, as that would require passing through the influence of Avenger, and channelling far too much prana to go unnoticed - besides, she knew how corrupt most people were.

She could not turn to any of those - and so sought out some alternative.

That alternative was you.

A person from another world who knew the intricacies of the Nasuverse, and had even considered the possibilities of how to change things in one war or another...though the unacceptable option most of you had come to was destroying/dismantling the Greater Grail, hence the need for a geas.

And so you awaken in an isolated facility formerly belonging to the Sea of Estray, a safehouse/bunker of sorts that its magi once used in the days when the Association was actively in conflict with the Holy Church and its Executors. Its not a very modern place by any means, lacking any sort of advanced technology, but it has running water (and bathroom facilities), comfortable living quarters, and enough in the way of dried food/a greenhouse tended by spirits bound to the land to meet your basic needs - as well as a well-sorted library and workshop personally used by the Archmagus at one point as a private retreat.

100%

Quick Reference Guide:

Temporal/Spatial coordinates: 1992, Polish Countryside

Due to emerge: 1995, Polish Countryside - approximately 1 week prior to war - where you will be met by a liaison from the Sea of Estray who will arrange for your transportation to Fuyuki or wherever you may need. Housing in Fuyuki will be one of the abandoned Edelfelt mansions, where you will collectively summon a Servant (or two, if you manage to stop one of the other Masters) in a modified ritual that ties the Servant to you collectively, allowing you to work together to supply prana.

Command Seals or Regeneration: Of note, you have a collective choice to make - either your Servant may have enhanced healing/prana regeneration abilities (20%), but you will have no Command Seals to use; or you may each have one Command Seal to use (either to empower yourself or the Servant) and no enhanced regeneration (remember, once you use up your Seal, you will have no further tie to the Servant, so be careful).

Default Servants: If you do nothing and allow the order of things to remain, you will get Shakespeare (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Shakespeare) by default as a Caster-Class Servant. If you go for a Berserker instead of a Caster, without a catalyst, Frankenstein (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Frankenstein) is your default Option. A default Lancer, if you manage to eliminate Kayneth, will be Vlad III (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters#Vlad_III), unless you find a Catalyst, just as Rider will be Francis Drake (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Rider_(Fate/Extra)) if you eliminate Waver and do not claim his catalyst. It is doubtful that you will get Archer, Saber, or Assassin, but for the fun of it, a default assassin would be Jack the Ripper (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper).

Identification: Your "travel consultant" with the Sea of Estray will arrange for you to have a full set of forged papers (passports, birth certificate, driver license) declaring you as citizens of Canada, though you don't show up in any databases, so if they do a check...yeah. For anything else, please work on mental manipulation magecraft

Language: You get the basic primer on language and culture given to Servants in the Holy Grail War.

Resources and Funds: There is a supply of gold in the basement of the safehouse, as well as prana that has been crystallized into jewels. The total sum should be enough to get you a full set of forged papers ($5000 USD each) + travel to Japan ($1500 USD each), and some small incidentals like basic clothing and such. You have perhaps the equivalent of $10,000 USD left over for use - and are given title to one of the abandoned Edelfelt manors in Fuyuki.

Prana and Spells: Odic levels represent how much you can reasonably store up to at any given time (though usually you keep less on you than in artifacts or such). You can temporarily exceed this, but will incur a penalty to movement and concentration due to the increased activity of circuits, as well as gaining a penalty to stealth due to prana leakage. As a reference for spells, reinforcement costs about 2 units of prana, while an A-rank spell is generally 70+ units.

Prana Regen: 1 passive regen of prana per circuit per day if at rest. Can be increased to 3 prana per circuit per day for a short duration (3 days), but output will fall. Otherwise, drink potions or go to a ley line to renew yourself.

100%

Things in your Rooms:

Seraph: A silver-steel hawk, in reality an automaton crafted through Einzbern alchemy, capable of camoflague coloration, autonomous melee (with razor sharp feathers/claws) and ranged (molten flechette) combat, and remote sensing.

Usandru: Something akin to a holocron, with several levels of access. The basic level allows one access to something like a digital copy of Lizleihi's library, though those who are Einzbern homunculi able to access more, with Justica-class ones able to download a copy of her mind from the crystalline matrix.

Zlol: A sealed tome on forbidden techniques of magical siege warfare, with an emphasis on high-level leyline manipulation. Some techniques you partially understand include using intercepts and shunts to divert prana surges through leylines, or seal off an area with bounded fields powered by the world (part of which was employed in the making of the safehouse). It might also be possible to say...backflow a portion of the Grail's energy into one of the four leynodes in Fuyuki and cause destruction...if one was so inclined.

Yun: A set of silver-steel vambraces that can shift form to become whipswords at need for close in defense, specialized in anti-magecraft applications. Capable of blocking/deflecting single actions spells, especially curses, and is pretty much resistant to anything under rank C.

Mangafreak: A mirage sphere, allowing one to map out a certain area (like a city) in full 3D, linking with various familiars and one's memories to produce an accurate rendition of the terrain and those in it. Includes basic analysis and simulation features.

Lianru: A dragonskin cloak, capable of granting complete presence concealment from any who are scanning thaumaturgically by hiding prana within. Resistant to small-arms fire, and can up to a rank A spell without penalty (anything rank A or above will erase all protections and effects of the cloak).

EnigmaticFellow: What seems like a statue of a fierce warhound, apparently sculpted in very fine detail by a man named Fabro Rowan, with the words 'break at need' engraved upon the base

Elyrin: A solar energy to prana conversion orb, with a sub-circuit that allows familiars to be keyed to it. As well, information in the holocron has taught you how to let your raven cast fireballs.

100%

Cast of Characters:

1. Yun - 17 Circuits, Earth (204 Max Prana channelled, 62 od)
2. Elyrin - 26 Circuits, Fire (520 Max Prana channelled, 156 od)
3. mangafreak7793 - 16 Circuits, Wind (288 Max Prana channelled, 86 od)
4. Usandru - 26 Circuits, Wind/Fire (572 Max Prana channelled, 172 od)
5. EnigmaticFellow - 32 Circuits, Water (608 Max Prana channelled, 183 od)
6. zlol365 - 26 Circuits, Fire (338 Max Prana Channelled, 102 od)
7. Lianru - 20 Circuits, Water/Fire (400 Max Prana Channelled, 120 od)
8. HolySeraph - 18 Circuits, Water (252 Max prana Channelled, 76 od)

100%

Your first post in the RP will be an initial reaction to finding yourself where you are, as well as a summary of what you intend to study in the 3 years before the War. I will then, based on a combination of luck, initial skills, and alignment, tell you your results (keep what you want reasonable), after which, we move directly to the summoning, and your Mission will begin!

Good luck, and remember, its only the fate of the world on your shoulders!

zlol365
January 2nd, 2012, 11:06 PM
Koshiro Yamada
??????

"Huh?"

He could not recognise this place where he was. if he recalled.... It was clear that he was not in his room, without his books, etc. Worse... His relied tool for schoolwork, etc... the macbook was missing. He could only sigh and wonder, where was he?

Yet, he felt it. Something nagging in his brain. Frankly, it hurt. it hurt. He could only clucth his head and grit his teeth in agony as he ended up on his knees, trying to understand what the heck was going on. And it had taken what felt like an eternity of Agony before he realised where he was, what the heck he was here.

So, he was called to change the war.

the fourth holy grail war.

that meant saving Irisviel right?

Kicking Gilgamesh's rear end?

Killing Ryuunosuke or preventing that massacre of poor children?

He could only grin and then looked around and shouted, "ITS ABOUT TIME!"

Thus, it marked the start of his adventure with the fourth holy grail war.

Studies:
-Using fire mage craft to create illusions
-Enchanting weaponry with a fire element
-Implement a style of fire magecraft with martial arts
-Reinforcement
-How to make a mystic code

mangafreak7793
January 4th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Masahide Uyehara

…..

…….

…Where am I?

I wearily opened my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling and room t hat was not my own. Everything looked foreign and vague not to mention it is totally different from what I was used to and had grown up in.

I took a deep breath and tried not to panic, surely this was a dream a lucid one perhaps but a dream nonetheless since this wasn‘t the first time I dreamed of something weird.

Like the time I dreamed about pissed off garden gnomes.

Relaxing by body and mind I try to drift off but instead of me waking up or dreaming of something else entirely I dreamed about a older version of Illya or was it Irisviel?

No, She seems more serious…could it be Justica?

She mentioned a geass, the fourth war, and preventing the tragedy that will unfold.

“So this isn’t a dream…” I slowly opened by eyes calmly and receiving the purpose of why am I here…

I panicked.

“WHY ME!, WHY OUT OF ALL OF BEAST LAIR DID I GET PICKED AND THE FOURTH WAR OF ALL PLACES WHERE IT’S BASCALLY UROBUCHI’S IMMORAL ANGST BASTARD CHILD FUELED BY NASU’S SHROOMS! WE‘RE SCREWED!”

I shouted as I stood up and bounced up and down the room like a madman yelling out my doom, and how hopeless it was, and becoming the target of so many bad ends.

After fifteen to twenty minutes and exhausting myself from my tantrum. Taking deep breaths to calm myself once again I began to think.

‘Alright, if what she said was true and I need to help prevent the grail war from being screw she would’ve left me with something to use or study right?’ I thought dragging out any groundless hope that I can think. ‘If so maybe there is a chance and she’s letting us prepare or something…probably’

Trying to reassure myself I left the room and looked around and indeed it seemed to be some magical library, or a magus summer home or something along those lines. That means my guess was right and maybe she does want me to train for the war as her own soldier.

I sighed to myself and grabbed a random book from a shelf and skimmed though the contents.

‘I really hope you know what your doing by picking me of all people, Justica…’ I thought gloomily. ‘Well I just hope that the magus that lives here won’t blow my head off or something’

‘Wait doesn’t training to be a magus a painful experience almost as bad when Shirou first started.’

‘I hate pain..’

“Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccc…..’

And thus this began my ‘long’ training as a magus.

Studies.
Reinforcement.
Basic wind attack spells (Razor wind,Oxygen depletion)
Origami/Shikigami based familars
Runecraft (on legs to increase leg strength/speed and jumping power)
Researches in long distance spells. (Compresses magic into reinforced plastic bottles or bottle rockets to at as range weapons)
Casual physical training in Tae Kwon Do to get into shape and relearn some basic self defense martial arts,

Elyrin
January 9th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Kyle Wlos

...ugh, this is terrible.

I lay on the ground in silence, slowly trying to process all the new information in my head. Number one, I'm in the Nasuverse. Two, I'm apparently a magus. Three, I was summoned to enter the Fourth War and stop Avenger. Without destroying the Greater Grail. Really, there were probably thousands of ways I could just completely fail and get myself killed. Then again, the other option was definitely getting myself killed, so I didn't have much of a choice.

I pull myself up to a sitting position, and eventually work my way to standing. I wander away from the room I appeared in and look through the strange complex, examining the various rooms and hallways. It's not long before I get lost, but I do manage to eventually return to where I started. Quietly, I take a seat on whatever is nearby and get to thinking. None of us are going to survive this if we all just charge in.

Studies:
-Physical training. Get into shape, at the very least, and see if I can learn any combat skills from the others here
-Reinforcement and Alteration
-The making of familiars, including smaller concealable ones and combat-capable ones, if possible
-Smaller, quickly-cast spells relating to fire and heat. Smaller fireballs or blasts of heat, quick ignition spells, spells to quickly raise or increase temperature, possibly ways to drain prana either from other people or the environment(the fire element includes transfer of energy)
-one or two bigger spells, just in case. If one, something fire-based. If two are possible, something to quickly drain heat from an area and damage through extreme cold

EnigmaticFellow
January 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Christopher Monroe

To say that I was annoyed would be a major understatement. With little to no recourse, I was forced to accept a geis forcing me to prevent humanity's oldest curse from reaping what men sow.

Now, I'm not the type of person with especially strong feelings for changing events nor am I a moral guardian who wishes to right every single perceived wrong within or out of sight. I am simply a man who simply wishes to live. Obviously, being in the Nasuverse, especially as part of the moon-lit world, would not prove conducive for such desires; however, my situation forced me into a position I least want to be in. Simply making do with this is what I will have to do, using any means necessary to fulfill my end of the contract while not breaking it.

On the bright side, at least the archmagus who initiated it wasn't Zelretch.

Goals:

1. Do body training to physically improve my body as much as possible including combat training with fellow members.
2. Train in reinforcement magecraft to the level of reinforcing my body.
3. Practice fencing with a rapier and knife.
4. Learn water, ice, and vapor manipulation to the point of transforming the aforementioned matter into different states and shapes such as manipulating ice into the shape of swords and knives, using water as a fluid-like shield, and turning water vapor into a deep fog. In addition, have super-pressurized water beams and extremely cold ice beams as A-rank trump spells.
5. Learn to imbue weapons with an ice element.
6. Learn some basic healing magic to the point of healing light to moderate wounds as well as dulling pain.

Lianru
February 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Vanessa Liu
???

Information, accompanied by an image of what I recognize as an Einzbern homunculus, jolts through my head.

What...?

...okay.

I'm currently in the "Nasuverse".
I'm currently capable of using thaumaturgy.
I'm currently a prospective Master in the Fourth Holy Grail War.
I'm currently a speaker of Japanese.
I'm currently very confused.

All right, calm down. Analyze the situation.

There are seven other people around me (no other girls, sadness). Someone shouts something, but my head is too fuzzy to pay attention to it. At least most of the others seem just as confused or frightened as I feel.
But how are we going to survive...we have three years here, right? Not only that, but we have so many resources at hand, I guess we might be able to scratch something up as the eight of us. But there's no time to waste, is there. Look, one person is already leaving.
...I wonder how we're going to survive in here without going insane.

Goals:
-Training in defensive physical combat
-Reinforcement
-Advanced recovery magic to be able to heal major wounds
-Basic offensive and defensive spells (probably related to the fire and water element respectively)
-Transmutation of chemicals (?)

HolySeraph
February 18th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Well...this is a lovely situation I find myself in. Team up with a bunch of people I don't know to take part in something where everyone has a lifetime of experiences ahead of us. Only thing in our favor is numbers and knowledge presuming we don't create too many butterflies.

Still feels like a suicide mission. ugh...I'm likely have to train like I'm going for special forces. I'm too lazy for that...I'm going to try to work with the others to make sure I don't slack too much.

Study/Training plans
Get in shape. Good shape.
Read up and study to be an Enforcer. I'm ensuring this includes reinforcement, physical combat, counter magic, healing magic, and combat magic.
See if it is possible to actually disrupt a magus ability to channel prana for a while(like Ty Lee Chi blocking in Avatar).
Spar with everyone. Try to set up combat exercises.
Befriend everyone. I'm stuck with them for 3 years and then going on a suicide mission with them. May as well get to know them on good terms.
Edit: Get familiar with the summoning ritual and how catalyst works.

Usandru
February 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have a bad habit.

When put in a highly stressful situation demanding immediate action, I often fail to act because I try to think my way out of it.

The unfortunate truth however, is that you cannot think yourself out of an emergency.

You can just act, and hope you acted correctly.

Non-action is only very rarely the correct response to an emergency.

Fortunately, it happened to be correct in this case.

Non-action let the moment of emergency pass, seguing into the much more important three years emergency period of preparation for a task I felt I could best describe as having to become a maintenance engineer for a nuclear reactor at high risk of having a meltdown.

And I wasn't even permitted to just shut it down. What's with that? I'm just a goddamn human here, not some heroic spirit whose magical prowess was second to none! How the hell am I supposed to do repairs on a giant magical nuclear reactor infested by all the evils of the world?

I suppose I should feel flattered that I was even considered, but frankly, I'm more getting the impression that whatever force did this was either desperate or not too worried about failure on our part.

Damn it all. I can't even wish myself home, and Zelretch probably won't even notice since this is the fourth and not the fifth where Rin might pull a Jewelled Sword...

I'll probably end up crying once or twice before I even get settled in here... I hope there's at least someone I know...

Damn it all...

Training Actions (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JLNMzLlQJS4t_BICwIU5b9qgtRuOiIIf1sYUaiUWojQ/edit)

Yun
March 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
Jon Snow

...Why does my head feel like it just went through a blender...oh it appears I know Japanese now...

4th Fuyuki Holy Grail War.

So I'm on a suicide mission of the none Mass Effect 2 variant...well at least it isn't the 3rd Fuyuki Holy Grail War.

Justica von Einzbern.

Why couldn't it be Zeltrech? At least I'd probably be able to get a ride home if I miraculously survived this endeavor...

So the eight of us have 3 years to cram as much magecraft knowledge and skill into our brains before being we have to scramble for a decent Catalyst...hm we'll also need a to do list for things like killing Ryuunosuke, informing Tokiomi of his younger daughter's predicament, and maybe...

This is going to be a arduous 3 years...

Goals:
Primary areas of focus:

Learn some Enforcer craft(Reinforcement(organic(myself) and objects; prana disruption; combat training; combat healing techniques; anything else they learn).
Improve upon my physical fitness level(mock combat or sparring with anyone willing, hill runs using the terrain outside, sprints, etc).
Spar with anyone willing to do so for the purpose of improving my(awareness, reaction speed, CQB capability, hand eye coordination, etc).
Get to know everyone.

Secondary areas of focus:

Memory manipulation(for use on none magus).
Creation of Bounded Fields(At least good enough to keep normal humans outside of it).
Read through the notes left by Justica, anything pertaining to Heaven's Feel(command seals, forming a contract with a servant, summoning said Servant with/without the modified ritual, etc), and acquire anything else useful from the safehouse(spirit board).

alfheimwanderer
March 13th, 2012, 11:03 PM
[REDACTED]

Going to put something in later.

When I am in the mood to write out all of this again after BL ate my post.

Pretty much, you got most of what you wanted, and there were a few relationship things but, eh.

alfheimwanderer
April 14th, 2012, 07:11 AM
It has been three long years since you all were brought to this place, torn from your homes and stranded in a safehouse in the remote polish countryside (http://goingslowly.smugmug.com/1224641377_zzTnd-783x522.jpg), a house on a worn, craggy hill (http://blog.lenycom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/beautiful_sunset_hill_view_1920x1200.jpg), isolated from the world. Not just isolation in terms of remoteness and remove from civilization (though there certainly is that, as there are no visible roads or signs of modern technology about - no internet, no phones, nothing whatsoever that one recognizes as a link to the outside), but isolation in the sense that one cannot even move beyond 100 meters of the safehouse, as one only comes up against a translucent silvery curtain of light if one tries.

Frankly, it is as if there is no world outside.

All that exists is the world inside the boundary line, like a little marble of reality cut off from the whole - all that exists is the house, its environs, and the 8 people within.

In the first few days after you learn of your predicament, some are excited to be sent to another world. Some are more realistic, unable to find much to be joyful about in the fact that they have been robbed of everything they've ever known - their homes, their friends, their technolgies, their entire world. And some...some are much more morose, knowing that there is no escape from their fate - that in the end, all there is is death.

For it is easy to speak of plans and ideas for how a war might be won, yet another thing entirely to experience the fear of death, to know that you stand on the precipice.

And so in that place, though the needs of the body were met, and the physical forms of those within were safe from harm...their minds...were not.

This is the story of the three lost years

100%

Lianru - 20 Circuits, Water/Fire (400 Max Prana Channelled, 120 od
Healer: Cursed Path of Thorns

For the youngest one there, there had been no excitement when she was brought into the Nasuverse, as that day was the beginning of the end for the hopes and dreams of Vanessa Liu. Finding herself in an unknown house, among others unknown to her - with an alien presence invading her mind and layout out the details of the suicide mission she'd been drafted for, the death game from which there was no escape but victory...the first thing Vanessa thought about was the mathematics homework she had not yet started on.

Denial, was, after all, was the way the mind confronted impossible situations, and so what she panicked about in those early hours was not the risk of death, the lack of time/coordination, or the sea of strangers and what they might do - but simply that if she did not hurry back and finish her assignments, she'd get scolded by her teachers/parents the following day.

For the life that Vanessa had led thus far, that alone would be an unforgivable failure.

Alas, there was no way to escape the reality of this situation, whose severity was beyond anything she had ever known, and so, shorn from even the familiar stresses and burdens she knew, slowly her sanity began to drift away.

One week, two weeks, three passed by, as there was no sign of help from the outside, no sign that this was just a joke, a big mistake. The grey curtain was impenetrable. The others were lost in their own grief. And so she secluded herself within one of the rooms of the safehouse, reduced to cowering atop the bed.

Anxiety gripped her then, unbearable in its intensity. She cried, wailed, screamed, beating on the walls and thrashing about as she pled for someone to hear her voice, to come save her - for her mind to realize that this was a dream, just a simple nightmare that had dragged on too long. It was - would have been - the spring of her junior year in high school, with examinations and projects soon to come, and after that, the new school term.

Being derailed from that path was considered the same as the devastation of her life to Vanessa.

Thus, she spent each day amidst troubled fits, embracing deep, murky convictions.

Convictions that rather than concerned over their missing child, her parents were definitely busy being extremely disappointed over the daughter who failed her examinations by being absent. Her friends, while suffering from some grief, were probably pitying the one who dropped out of their group, or perhaps sneering over it.

When she passed her critical point with those dark thoughts, thinking it would be better if she did not exist, Vanessa finally made a decision — to leave the room she had trapped herself in, abandoning all hope of being rescued.

She would escape from here with her own strength, becoming the dark savior who would put an end to this incident. Without taking that path, she would most likely not be able retain her presence within the minds of the people around her any longer.

All she needed to do was think about nothing but the ideal future, sacrificing the present in the process. The now was naught but the means to bring about the perfect future, and so there was nothing left but for aught else to disappear into the void.

Sleeping time for each day was restricted to two, maybe three hours, and the rest of her time was sunk into studying & training on the areas she'd identified as critical. As a result of focusing all of her natural wisdom and willpower onto clearing the game, it was not long before she began to learn the basics, with her pace only accelerating from then.

In so doing, the girl named Vanessa Liu died, and the witch named Lianru (http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/alchemistx4/tessa.png) was born.

Three years later, the now nineteen-year old Lianru looked back at the self from that time with bitter feelings. No, not just the period right after this game of death began, but also towards all that had happened before that, that self that lived within the world of the past.

That self she recollected with a wretched, painful sorrow, as one that did not know the meaning of what it was like, to live.

...such was not an issue with her now, as she knew her priorities and what it was she had to do, with everything a means to an end.

Physical Appearance: As one of the youngest caught up in this affair - and the only female - life has been rather harsh these last few years. The sense of remove from humanity, the increasingly focused (if natural) interests of the others, the social pressures and the lack of sleep have not been particularly kind. Neither has her intense concentration on spell work been kind to her body, with her hair turning white from the stresses she inflicted upon herself and her eyes fading to a silver-gray (http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/36/telethatestarossasq7.jpg). Still, her regimen of exercise has kept her fit and toned, so that she is now a lithe and supple young woman about 170 cm tall.

Relationships: Maintains a professional relationship with most members of the group of eight, save for Usandru. This more academically inclined man, who she outwardly has some conflict with, happens to be both her sparring partner...and her partner in a relationship that does not see much passion, given the pragmatism of both. She intially selected him for the role approximately a year and a half into the scenario as he was a Fire/Wind mage, sharing some of her interests and abilities - and because his detachment and seemingly uncaring nature meant this choice would minimize the distraction to her from him and from the others, as she would no longer be "available."

Of course, while she may have intended this, the relationship has also provided the unforeseen benefit of some actual companionship, and the physical contact, once unwanted, has proven to be somewhat soothing over time, helping to anchor her humanity.

Skills:
- Limited Freerunning (learned from Usandru)
- Basic self-defense (group)
- Mid-level Object Reinforcement

Misc:
- Shares a bi-directional prana link with Usandru

Spells:
- Disruption: With overall the same effect and purpose as Counter Magic, fires a curse bolt that interrupts the flow of Od through a target's magic circuits, preventing Prana conversion from happening. This curse is good for the interruption of one spell.

- Succubus: An absorption-type spell which Lianru can use to take Od from others for use as her own prana. Can be used on humans, corpses of magi, or any fluids extracted from them with great efficiency. Lianru has used this ability to refine various prana-rich body fluids into pills for prana recovery/storage (since one only regenerates up to one's normal od levels).

- Hydrofracture Detonation: Based on the principle of hydrofracturing (Basically any solid object has pores, which can occasionally have water within them. This water can freeze under certain conditions, and it breaks the object apart. This is a rare event, unlike frost weathering, but can be artificially reproduced.) Lianru fills an object's pores with water, and then freezes the water into the lowest density ice possible, more than doubling the required space for it. This leads to the effect of frost shattering, basically turning the object, like so many glasses in freezers, into a hand grenade. The majority of the cost comes from the freezing of the water. While normal frost shattering splits an object, since this ice is the least dense possible, and so takes up far more space, this causes objects to detonate violently, if they are 'hard' or 'brittle'

- Fireball: ...Increases temperature in the oxygen molecules within the caster's grasp until it ignites. Can be thrown to a distance of up to 8m before dissipating. Causes 3rd degree burns and will ignite readily combustible materials.

- Hellfire: A relatively simple spell, creating a connection between a natural (non-magically created) fire and the casters prana, allowing them to pour prana into the flame to make it grow hotter and quicken its expansion. These flames are tinged with toxic-prana, rendering healing difficult.

- Hasten Healing: This spell increases the metabolism by a large degree, promoting regrowth of cells and healing. Usually used on herself, this speeds the recovery rate of even major injuries, though it does take away from her life. Heal over Time, 15 min duration. Can be used on others with slightly reduced effectiveness

- Critical heater: Energizes the water molecules in a chosen source of water within 20 meters. This causes an immensely swift rise in temperature until the water's temperature is classified as "Near-Super Critical" - roughly 350 degrees Celsius. When water is at these temperatures, it is extremely volatile, detonating with as little as a touch from a foreign object in a blast of scalding water capable of leaving third-degree burns. The prana cost, required lines, and raw power behind the spell varies depending the amount boiled.

- Dwfrufel (Welsh for 'Firewater'): As implied by the name, this three-line spell decomposes water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen, both of which are highly combustible - and then lights them up in a fiery explosion. This can be used on human beings, as they are 75% water, but is much less effective when directly used against magi. (40 Pr, 30m range)

- River of Hell: A 10 line fire spell that essentially spreads Dwfrufel around - and feeds off of any water-aligned prana used to counter it. It is a creeping fire that initially manifests as a fireball the size of a marble. Once it strikes a flammable surface, it will spread relentlessly, impervious to liquids and wind, only shut off through cutting off prana flow or smothering.

100%

HolySeraph - 18 Circuits, Water (360 Max prana Channelled, 120 od)
Enforcer: Path of the Atlasian

As the only one in the group with military experience and training, 'Seraph' has had at least some passing familiarity with stressful situations of this sort, with his past helping him to adjust to the rigors of this setting more easily. After all, he had learned the futility of protesting orders, and so when given this (suicidal) mission, there was really nothing for it but to see exactly what resources were available and how to minimize the chance of failure (which in this care meant death). Since Seraph was somewhat lazy by nature, this toil was wnpleasant, yes, but it was rather like lancing a boil as opposed to letting it pop on its own.

...and as the oldest of those caught in this trap, he felt a certain responsibility to those he considered his comrades, especially after he learned that those trapped in this place outside of time along with him were known to him.

Usandru, of course, was a good friend, albeit one he had yet to meet in the flesh.

The others turned out to be from the Beast's Lair community - which was not quite as...creative about problem-solving as those of Spacebattles tended to be (but also knew the minutae of the Nasuverse better, in turn).

He decided then that he'd protect them as best he could, choosing to build on his strengths in real life to that end, using his military excerises to build his stamina (running and calisthenics), with practice in free running thrown in, and study of magical theory. At first, he had trouble finding a specialization, but over time, as he saw how many were choosing long-range / indirect combat styles, he decided on the path of the Enforcer, with all the requisites thereof.

Someone had to be on the front lines and be ready to meet threats head to head if need be, for even the most powerful magi (and none of those here were close) could be considered close to that, could be stopped if they were eliminated without time to invoke their spells.

Unfortunately, during an experiment with full body self-reinforcement, Seraph lost control of the prana flow, with the resultant backlash burning out most of his circuits and nerves, crippling - and nearly killing - him, leaving him a broken mass of flesh that could barely walk. Fortunately, a number of others happened to be close by, and they deposited him in what was marked as a regeneation unit - one that had proven a great boon for healing minor injuries.

Unbeknownst to them, the device did not simply induce regeneration. It healed by overwriting damaged parts of the individual with a new template, something which was unnoticable with minor wounds - or merely physical damage. In Seraph's case, where his very soul had been damaged, it rewrote his circuits with some patterned on Lizleihi's, and as she herself was circuits given form...this overwrote much of his physical state as well, causing him to emerge changed.

For one thing, he was now a 'She', and for that matter, was something between human and homunculus, resulting in increased circuit capacity and channeling ability at the cost of having to relearn how to fight, move, etc, given the changes to strength, center of gravity, sensitive areas and more. But the new Serafina adapted, rallying as she focused on the abilities of her new body, deciding that the best way to keep what progress she'd made was to focus on the self and the flow of information, enhancing her mental abilities through something not unlike Thought Acceleration...

Appearance: A blend between original appearance and Lizleihi (http://www.feplanet.net/media/gallery/8/micaiah.jpg), adopting some of her general aesthetics as a visual representation of the soul-overwriting. Stands 172 cm tall.

Relationships: Very good friends with Usandru (with some sexual tension after becoming Serafina), due to past. Works with Elyrin, EnigmaticFellow and Yun on Enforcer training, helping them to develop their own abilities and explaining ins and outs of self-reinforcement. Spars with EnigmaticFellow and mangafreak due to elements and melee abilities. Becomes Lianru's "female friend." Overall, if anyone could be said to the core of the group, it is Serafina

Skills:
- Knowledgeable about military history, tactics, & equipment
- Intermediate Tae Kwon Do
- Has very limited firearms(just the M16) experience
- Sewing experience
- Limited Freerunning
- Spiritsense, due to incomplete overwrite

Preferred Weapons (for later acquisition):
OC-14-4A Russian selective fire bullpup assault rifle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OC-14-4A) x 2

Current Weapons:
A set of Boots (http://vindictusdb.com/item?i=Sinister+Half+Plate+Boots) and Gauntlets (http://vindictusdb.com/item?i=Sinister+Half+Plate+Gauntlets) developed during the Sea of Estray's conflict with the Holy Church that allow one to "socket" spells for delayed release. Others can add their spells to the matrix as well.

Spells:

- Memory Partition - The ability to split one's thoughts into partitions capable of operating as parallel processes. Serafina is capable of using up to three partitions at once with difficulty.

- Thought Acceleration - Based on focusing on the flow of information, this allows high-speed combat calculations and situational analysis.

- Thought Flow Perception - The ability to better read the flow of battle and interpret another's actions, allowing even a glimpse of their thoughts with touch. These thoughts can be disrupted with effort, but to affect one mind will induce the same changes to one's own mind (at least to a partition)

- Reinforcement (objects) - Basic level, as altering other objects is not quite as easy as alterations to the self from Serafina's POV

- Reinforcement (self) - Expert level self-reinforcement, specializing in speed/strength/durability.

- Path of Pain: A form of elemental reinforcement, the user is able to infuse his body to not only make it stronger and more durable, but in this case inflict with any form of impact with the opponent "Pain". The pain spreads about ten centimetres diameter from where the strike occurs, further strikes in roughly the same position can cause the pain to accumulate and if it is a limb, make that limb worthless simply because it can only respond to pain rather then any signals from the brain. If the strike is on the head and two strikes are managed in quick succession, even a reinforced person will quickly have their body shut down as the pain becomes too much for their system to bear and render them unconscious.

- Disruption: With overall the same effect and purpose as Counter Magic, fires a curse bolt that interrupts the flow of Od through a target's magic circuits, preventing Prana conversion from happening. This curse is good for the interruption of one spell.

- Negation: Reinforcing the focus of one's od through the refined circuits recieved in revitalization, Serafina can reduce the effectiveness of enemy spells targeted at her by one rank (cancelling single-action spells completely). Confers Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

- Curse of Restoration (inherent): A form of spiritual healing provided by being overwritten by homunculus circuits, this passive ability causes the body to regress to its normal state (post-transformation) whenever it receives an injury. Prana required depends on degree of physical damage - is less effective against spiritual harm.

100%

Yun - 17 Circuits, Earth (204 Max Prana channelled, 62 od)
Enforcer: Path of the Tower

There is something to be said for the knowledge that one will likely die that focuses the mind, forcing one to discard the extraneous and the ideal in search of the practical. It was well and good for one to wish to change the past, to sit before a computer and expound theories of which servant would be ideal in altering the outcome of the Fourth War, or discuss the merits of plans to dismantle the Grail.

...it was quite another to be forced to take those plans and bet one's life on them.

In that situation, modifiers such as "most likely", "probably", and "realistically" begin to look less optimistic and more like the portents of doom that they are - qualifiers noting chances of failure, probabilities of disaster, causing even those certain of their points of view to pause.

After all, what if they were wrong?

The result on the web would be a simple laugh, perhaps a loss of pride, but now only death awaited.

The number of possibilities one could try in the Moonlit World was endless - but then came the thought: If other methods were more effective, why hadn't they been done in the past? In theory, things like manipulating the environment, relying on others, and cooperation could net great dividends, allowing those less experienced to defeat the more experienced, but given the uncertainties of personality and the patterns of those who had come before, becoming someone who was reliant on others for protection in the Nasuverse was a plan doomed to failure.

One by one, options were sorted, examined, discarded, until in the end, only one remained.

The tried and true path - the one that generations before had paved with blood, sweat, and tears.

The one about which most information was available, and which one would most likely be able to accomplish in 3 years.

The path of the Enforcer.

Slowly, with that in mind, the wheels of thought began to turn, and objectives laid themselves out one after another.

After all, if one wanted to set the conditions for succes, there was much work to be done.

Appearance: Is approximately 179 cm high weighing on around 63kg with dark brown hair, lightly tan skin and gray blue eyes. Physically fit, flexible and is of Scandinavian descent.

Relationships: While Yun is on decent terms with most individuals, considering them colleagues, his only quasifriendships are with HolySeraph and EnigmaticFellow, given that they are the two others who are interested in a more self-sufficient path. Some tensions exist between him and Usandru about conventional vs non-conventional paths (practical vs creative), given that they are the main advocates of each.

Skills:
- Language(Fluent in Spanish speaker but a native speaker of English and understands Portuguese moderately well knows the bare basics of latin).
- Skilled handyman
- Cooking(American and lots of dabbling in various other types)
- Misc(book binding, sewing, paper making, childcare, Driving(basic license), soap making, knitting)
- Firearms(wide range of knowledge on firearms with experience mainly with handguns.)
- Basic Stealth
- High level of discomfort/pain tolerance

Weapon:
Telescoping Staff x 1 (Collapsible telescoping staff forged of magically reinforced rhenium, with the ability to drain heat from what it strikes, as well as the immediately surrounding area, inconveniencing opponents—possibly freezing them if one had enough power - can also block spells)

Spells:

- Gravity: Increases the weight of an object, if it is capable of being reinforced. Does not affect human targets, nor legendary weapons or weapons without actual form or substance would not be affected. Also prevents these "burdened" objects from being reinforced. Useful to disrupt the pattern of an enemy's attack patterns by affecting weapon mass. A person trained in firearms with his own weapon suddenly heavier, more difficult to aim, will suffer loss in accuracy, while martial weapons may be even more disadvantaged as the change in weight shifts the way a weapon must be used rather drastically. The cost of this spell varies, based on how much the weight of an object is increased. It is approximately a pound per 2 prana to increase the weight, capping at usually around eight times the objects weight.

- Reinforcement (objects) - Mid level, specializing in increasing their durability.

- Heavy Cloak - From mangafreak, Yun has acquired a cloak with inscribed runes of hardness, which upon channeling of prana gains defense comparable to a suit of armor and grounds out prana like an amulet, but also gains weight and becomes less flexible. Single Action.

- Reinforcement (self) - Mid level self-reinforcement, specializing in strength/durability.

- Blind Man's Bluff - A deceptive spell that is designed as a counterattack, doing no damage of its own, this spell is best described as a flashy prana magnet that absorbs the tainted prana of a spell used to counter/defend against it and use that against the enemy. Takes the appearance of a glowing sphere of prana which is launched at the enemy - absorbing any spell that it strikes and redirecting it to the target. Yun only has the prana to use this once per fight.

- Memory manipulation - Enables subtle alteration of a non-magus' memory, to cause them to forget an event. Effectiveness decreases based on deviations between what is remembered and what those around remember.

- Sunder - Uses microvibrations to locate and accelerating the growth of any microfissures in inorganic material to shatter objects and structures made of such materials. A spell channeled by touch, and resisted by items and materials which are magical in someway due to the inherent Resistance

100%

Elyrin - 26 Circuits, Fire (520 Max Prana channelled, 156 od)
Magus: The Path of Puppets

Sometimes, Elyrin liked to play games with those around him, pretending to be a girl and having a lot of fun. This was particularly so when it came to the odd denizens of Beast's Lair, though these days, he found it hard to wonder why he had even bothered. Sure, it had been enjoyable, but it wasn't worth the price of being taken here.

Well, in all honesty, he didn't really mind this small house that was almost a world unto it self, and under other circumstances, would have loved the chance to explore the Moonlit world, to test the possibilities afforded by magecraft...

...if he weren't under what amounted to a death sentence, with little hope of being able to alter that outcome, no matter what he did. In some ways he was simply marking time, waiting for death.

It was a terrible thing to be faced with death, to know what no matter what one did, there would be little chance of victory. In his more morbid moments, he rather thought himself a powerless corpse just pretending to be alive, going through the motions because suicide was too troublesome.

Not that he was alone in that during the first few months, as he could hear weeping when he passed by some of the rooms, wailing from others, and dead, stony silence from the rest. Only a few were sociable, and even they had shadows behind their eyes, haunted by this confrontation with mortality. Quiet by nature, he did not push and did not pry, spending his time studying and waiting until the others were ready to speak, as they slowly came to grips with their situation.

In time, he grew to hope that there would be a simple way to accomplish what was asked of them, that the group would unite around a plan, delegating out roles and responsibilities to maximize the chances of survival. Alas, even the specter of horrible death did not seem to be enough to pull them all together, and so Elyrin retreated to his room.

He had no patience left for those who would argue about minutae while wasting valuable time in which they could be training or researcing a target.

And if this strife continnued, so be it.

He would forge victory with his own hands.

Appearance: Caucasian male with long blond hair, skinny build, around 5'7. Something of a trap. (http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9098/animegirl4ln8.jpg)

Relationships: Friend of HolySeraph, due to the other being older and more reasonable, particularly after the genderbending incident in which Serafina was born. Has a working relationship with EnigmaticFellow, helping each other with research and experiments. Colleague to all others.

Skills:
- Good with most academics, especially math
- Generally good memory
- Some cooking and housekeeping skill, makes mostly Western food

Acquired Weapon:
Salamander Glove x 2

Spells:

- Fuoco Rapido: A modified version of the fireball spell, Fuoco Rapido is smaller and does not carry as much payload (although it usually produces second degree burns and can produce third degree burns on exposed flesh), but the sheer range of the spell and speed make up for the loss of power. Can be quickly recast in a fast succession up to twelve times in a row, before the Magus has to stop and restart due to the raise in temperature in their magic circuits. It is used mainly as a distraction /suppressive fire spell. Its base cost is 4 Pr + 1Pr per additional shot (range 80m)

- FlashPoint: Used on dispensable weapons like throwing daggers, or generally anything that gets thrown. Objects in question are superheated to damagingly high levels that push the boundaries of their structural integrity but do not necessarily reach the melting point. Such objects become deadly "hot potato" items that can burn or hurt very, very badly, depending on what was picked up. With the addition of a third line, objects are superheated near their flash point (hence the name of the spell) before being thrown. Upon embedding into a surface, the continued spell will abruptly jump their temperature to way past the kindling point, causing them to violently explode. This costs 5Pr more than simply heating them to the point described earlier.

- Heaven's Fury: A long range spell, taking about 30 seconds (and 150 prana) to cast, this is Elyrin's ultimate technique. With streams of prana, The prana alters a location high in the sky, to create a molten plasma that streaks down at an enemy target. This is ability suited for taking out bases or other fortified positions, with a blast effect of approximately 15 meters in radius. Most of the damage is concentrated in the inner 5 meters, with the outer 10 merely incurring the standard damage of a fireball. First the air catches fire in the middle of the targeted area - then a thin pillar of flame slams down upon the ground with the force of a powerful bomb. Elyrin has to be standing still to use this, and be able to see the piece of sky he is converting into plasma.

- Reinforcement (objects) - Mid level, specializing in increasing sharpness or other attribute.

- Alteration (objects) - Usually involves adding a flame or burn attribute to weapons, much like Ciel does to her Black Keys.

- Reinforcement (self) - Mid level self-reinforcement, specializing in Speed and Perception

- Shikigami Exertion: the spell he uses to animate new automata, either for temporary familiars formed from simple materials like origami - or more sophisticated ones capable of actual combat, which require a period of investiture of about a month in advance and the preparation of a suitable puppet. Among Elyrin's finest work are two automata 'familiars' in the shape of various animals - a raven and a wolf. These are useful for scouting, but can do melee-based (armed with reinforced/altered weaponry) attacks in combat. They are without any special magical capabilities of their own, except self-destruction of their prana cores for massive damage.

- Hasten Healing: This spell increases the metabolism by a large degree, promoting regrowth of cells and healing. Usually used on the self, this speeds the recovery rate of even major injuries, though it does take away from one's lifespan. Heal over Time, 15 min duration. Can be used on others with slightly reduced effectiveness

100%

mangafreak7793 - 16 Circuits, Wind (288 Max Prana channelled, 86 od)
Alchemist: "The Path of the Demoman"

As a hyperactive fellow who was all too aware of the odd nature of his imagination, it was mangafreak's first inclination to dismiss this situation as no more than a dream. A strange, twisted dream, no doubt caused by one or another of the RPs on the forum, or one of the fanfic ideas that needed to be written.

...or at least he would like to think so, though this was a mite more serious than the fevered visions of garden gnomes, loli Tohsaka Rins, and Pantsu Nugeru Mon or other such he'd confonted in the past.

Unfortunately, given the sheer vividness of the vision he'd been presented with, including scenes of what might transpire if he failed his mission...and a throbbing pain in his neck where an odd design, almost like a command seal, had been burned in.

The sign of a geass.

With a scream, the boy bolted upright out of bed and fell to the floor, panicking as he moved his hands to his neck, finding that he could feel the throbbing of the brand, uncomfortably pumping prana into his body, as agony coursed through his nerves. Pain rushed through every part of his body, as though his flesh and bones were being ripped apart by a thousand blades, unnatural heat surging outward and then back, as his nerves went haywire, vision flashing white.

'Cold…it's so…cold…no…it burns…' the youth thought, whimpering as heat was leeched away from the very core of his body, concentrating instead in the molten wires of his nerves. 'What the hell is happening to me? Why...why?!'

Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.

He tried to calm himself by the time-honored technique of focusing on the breath, but each shuddering breath hissing through his clattering teeth instead introduced him to a new kind of hell, as if nostrils, throat, and lungs were being stabbed with hundreds upon thousands of tiny icy blades, only inflaming the pain in his body as lightning raged up and down his spine.

"Haa…aaah…hhaa…ahh…haaa…"

It took quite a few minutes for his breathing to calm and to suppress his involuntary shaking, even as mad gibberish poured from his mouth, shouts of "Why" and curse words flying through the air, till at last he could scream no more, only able to croak:

"I hate pain..."

Those words would come to define his time in these three years, dictating his indirect combat style, his unwillingness to use magecraft if he didn't have to, and other quirks of his personality.

Appearance: These days, mangafreak seems a bit more withdrawn from others, with a slightly harried, tight look on his face and frenzied shadows haunting his eyes. Looking at him, you'd almost think he was ready to snap at a moment's notice - and notably, he does flinch when touched - though not from loud noises or bright lights. With ragged black hair, brown eyes, and a small stature, he's not that noticeable - which is just what he wishes.

Relationships: His closest acquaintances in the group are Usandru, HolySeraph, and Elyrin, given the direction of their studies. Usandru is the main person he works with, as they are both wind magi, with mangafreak having a strong interest in runes for bounded field work. HolySeraph is his Tae Kwon Do sparring partner and another who is interested in military history, and Elyrin is one who likes to make familiars. The others he tends to be cordial with, except for Lianru who he is somewhat awkward around, not knowing how to treat the ice queen.

Skills:
- Limited Freerunning (learned from Usandru)
- Firearm proficiency
- Tae Kwon Do (Brown belt)
- Languages (English, some Japanese and Spanish)
- Military History

Preferred Weapons (for later acquisition)
9A-91 Carbine Assault Rifle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9A-91) x2

Spells:

- Haste: A wind-aligned spell, using wind energy to increase/enhance his speed and jumping distance, allowing him to flee combat more effective/evade if discovered. Mostly augments his leg strength.

- Object Enhancement: Through engraving runes into objects, mangafreak is capable of permanently enhancing them to the level of high-level reinforcement.

- Bolt Trap: Through the use of runes, the user sets a booby-trap on the ground, infusing it with prana. Once the trap is installed, anything that walks on the prana-infused area will be hit with paralyzing bolts of electricity, rendering a normal human unconscious.

- Bounded Field (Pressure Manipulation): Developed together with Usandru, this spell can modify the atmospheric pressure within a given area marked with runes, with prana use depending on the area covered. Mangafreak tends to use this to stablize his improvised bombs, while Usandru uses it to increase the effectiveness of his toxins, or to create safe areas from the chemicals he works with.

- IED: Mangafreak's specialty. Essentially, he entraps high-pressure razor wind spells within things like bottles or cans with nails or shot inside to serve as shrapnel. The surface of the fragile container warded with runes to maintain its integrity - unless the prana of a magus (not coded into the spell) comes into contact with it. The structural integrity field then fails in the direction of the foreign prana flow, releasing a directed blast of vacuum blades and shrapnel potent enough to reduce a human to a fine crimson mist.

- Angry Birds: Origami "familiars" that act more like autonomous combat drones, these are folded from paper and powered by a contained wind spell. It comes in two variants. In the first, the containment is imperfect, allowing the "familiar" to propel itself at faster speeds...and be detected by enemies, who are lured into attacking it, releasing a very thin spear of pressure with enough force to pierce one-inch thick steel in the direction the attack came from (range 10m). The second variant is slower and quite a bit stealthier, capable of releasing either a paralyzing discharge of electricity, unleashing an explosion of concussive force, or simply countering an enemy spell.

- Vandal: One of his most unusual spells, Vandal allows mangafreak to causing an imbalance within the ordered structure of most prana-containing items or environments, causing the prana within to destabilize and be released as an explosion of concussive force. This allows for the destruction of certain artifacts, and also serves as an interesting defensive spell in prana-rich environments, as micro-explosions can be used to blind or disrupt an enemy's focus.

100%

EnigmaticFellow - 32 Circuits, Water (608 Max Prana channelled, 183 od)
Ice magus: Path of Razor's Edge

It was sometimes said that every gift was a curse of some kind, just as every curse could also be considered a gift, due to the various reprecussions that both had in the end, or unintended consequences that they brought about. For the man named Christopher Monroe - better named EnigmaticFellow - who had once been more intersted in sedentary activity than humor, being brought to the Nasuverse, while horrifying in some ways, was also a glorious opportunity for a lover of knowledge.

Lore once thought only fantasy.

The power to bend the elements (or at least a small portion of the world) to one's will, to give oneself over to the flow and embrace the paradox of destruction and creation with others.

A dream, in some ways. In others, a living nightmare.

But those who thrived in the Moonlit World were not entirely aligned with the light themselves, but were willing to do whatever it took to achieve their objectives. This man, whose heart had been forged in the fires of code and genes, was one who had long been resolved to do what was necessary to survive - no - to thrive.

Under other circumstances, perhaps he would not have bothered taking this mission, since men should reap what they sow, but as it wasn't his choice, all there was left was to make sure all went...well enough. At least here he had the potential to become a magus - and a rather powerful one at that, compared to all he knew...

Appearance: Has black hair and eyes, slightly brown skin, and wears a pair of glasses.

Relationships: While Chris is certainly decently acquainted with those he has spent the last three years with, he mostly kept to himself, only socializing mostly with Yun and HolySeraph, do to their mindset and Elements, as well as dual element user Lianru, though she mostly dealt with longer range attacks and fire, leaving him as the only true water user.

Skills:
- Has knowledge in both the computer sciences and genetics due to studying them.
- In addition, he is a fast learner.

Obtained Equipment:
- Rapier and Knife forged of magically reinforced rhenium, with the ability to drain heat and prana from what they strike, inconveniencing opponents—possibly freezing them if one had enough power

Spells:

- Concealing Mists: Concealing Mists creates a thick, choking fog that hides everyone inside it from sight and magic. This is not a barrier, simply a hiding spot where senses dealing with prana are disrupted. Concealing Mists has no effect on spells beside reducing the prana cost of bending light through the water in the air.

- Wasser Peitsche - Water Whip - A whip formed with water, but does not rely much on the skill of the user, because it accelerates and hardens by itself after the initial swing of the magus. The density, speed and pressure behind it outranks that of an ordinary whip and can break bones with ease, otherwise it has similar abilities as a whip. Capturing a target is not possible, because the continued, close contact with the defensive ability of the enemy's magic circuits would disperse it. Non Magi could be caught in it. The whip initial stat is quite short with a few centimeters but extends with the motion up to 4 meters.

- Ice Daggers - A short ranged multi target spell mostly used for self-defense. Condenses the water vapour in the air surrounding the user and propels it forward at high speed multiple times. Weak but effective at self-defense and short ranged combat. Each dagger is typically weak but as multiple waves can be fired, this is of little consequence. Initially developed as need to stagger close range opponents, it was quickly discovered that the spell possessed great innate offensive potential for its ability to multiply into waves of daggers. For those who have mastered high speed chanting, it is an incredibly powerful weapon that increases its speed with each wave, guaranteeing more penetration and damage as daggers multiply along the prana cost. Absolutely deadly against non-magic armour. This spell has an additional increasing cost of 12 Pr x 1.2 for each successive wave but with extra speed.

-Ice Spear Altogether a solid offensive spell, which unlike the faster Ice Daggers spell, shoots a single projectile, but at a longer range and with deadly accuracy. While it is unlikely that Ice Spear will do much damage unless it hits a vital, the cold can numb any spot it hits and slow down a target. Additionally, this spell can be chained; while one must chant seven lines to cast the first spear, it only takes three lines to cast successive ones. Each spear still takes full prana.

- Hydrofracture Detonation: Based on the principle of hydrofracturing (Basically any solid object has pores, which can occasionally have water within them. This water can freeze under certain conditions, and it breaks the object apart. This is a rare event, unlike frost weathering, but can be artificially reproduced.) EF fills an object's pores with water, and then freezes the water into the lowest density ice possible, more than doubling the required space for it. This leads to the effect of frost shattering, basically turning the object, like so many glasses in freezers, into a hand grenade. The majority of the cost comes from the freezing of the water. While normal frost shattering splits an object, since this ice is the least dense possible, and so takes up far more space, this causes objects to detonate violently, if they are 'hard' or 'brittle'

- Critical heater: Energizes the water molecules in a chosen source of water within 20 meters. This causes an immensely swift rise in temperature until the water's temperature is classified as "Near-Super Critical" - roughly 350 degrees Celsius. When water is at these temperatures, it is extremely volatile, detonating with as little as a touch from a foreign object in a blast of scalding water capable of leaving third-degree burns. The prana cost, required lines, and raw power behind the spell varies depending the amount boiled.

- Stem Flow / Mend Flesh: A healing spell that may be applied for both external and internal wounds, healing a set amount over 30 seconds. Can be used for minor to moderate wounds. It will not replace the blood loss caused by wounds or infection made from weapons, that will need further treatment using medicines.

- PreCure: A 'healing spell' that boosts health regen by 150% and resistance to foreign prana, helping to prevent damage in the long term by accelerating internal prana flows and processes.

- Elemental Alignment: Allows one to cast spells of a certain elemental alignment with greater ease and resist damage from a certain element by shifting one's internal prana to match that alignment. Warning - may result in increased damage from other elements, and makes alternate elemental casting nearly useless.

- Physical scan: After studying the regenerator in the basement of the safehouse following the Serafina incident (with some help from Serafina), Christopher discovered that it did not work based on regeneration but on restoring to a template. Hence, with his ability to manipulate water and record flows, he is able to grab 'templates' of people to restore to.

- Curaga: A form of spiritual healing, which essentially serves as a curse of restoration, turning their physical state back to that recorded in the last scan. Fairly prana intensive.

- Reinforcement (self) - Mid level self-reinforcement, specializing in dexterity / reaction time.

100%

zlol365 - 26 Circuits, Fire (338 Max Prana Channelled, 102 od)
Practical Magus: The Path of the Joker

...and then of course, there was one who welcomed being sent into this game of death and removed from the ludicrous world of the past. One who almost cried out "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!" on being told the details of the sucide mission.

Not quite the expected reaction, but then, people did react differently to stress, with no one reaction being any more healthy than another.

Perhaps it was even for the best that this young man embraced the paradox of destruction, given that his visions had revealed to him his nature as a fire mage.

Everyone else might turn their minds to steel, worrying about death and what they might do, but Zlol?

Why so serious?

Appearance: Asian, of a 1.75-1.76m build, body-wise, tall with a slight fat build up.

Relationships: Tries to get along with most people, but his mood swings (and his tendency to be a bit pushy when flirting) have cost him some favor in the eyes of some of the more stable individuals in the group, such as Lianru, who he hit on a number of times. He and Yun do not particularly get along, though he is at least entertaining to be around for most of the others

Skills:
- Has fencing skills
- aikido knowledge from childhood training
- Languages (English, Chinese)
- First aid knowledge

Equipment Obtained:
Salamander Glove x 2

Spells:

- Hadoken: Zlol's (stronger) variant of the generic FireBall. Like it's weaker counterpart, the temperature in the oxygen molecules are heated up to ignition point to create a ball of fire. The size of the ball can vary from the size of a baseball to that of a basketball, but the ball be launched at near bullet velocities with a maximum distance of 25 metres before disappearing. The ball can easily create 3rd degree burns.

- Spark: A ranged attack that creates an explosion by combusting the air in any given location within a 5m radius of the caster. By itself, the spell is able to cause, at most, 3rd degree burns if the spell hits, however, if cast inside a hollow object, the force of the blast should be enough to create shrapnel, mimicing the effect of a grenade.

- Plamya Pika: Russian for 'Flame Lance'. Functions by the user pointing his finger at a target, then manipulates the air between the finger point and the target into a clear path of oxygen. The tip ignites the oxygen pathway, creating a 'lance' of fire that quickly travels towards the target with great force, setting them on fire. Essentially has the same effects as an incendiary rifle round. 25m range

- Hasten Healing: This spell increases the metabolism by a large degree, promoting regrowth of cells and healing. Usually used on herself, this speeds the recovery rate of even major injuries, though it does take away from her life. Heal over Time, 15 min duration. Can be used on others with slightly reduced effectiveness

- Reinforcement (self) - Mid level self-reinforcement - limited to limbs - specializing in dexterity / strength time.

- Distortion: With the application of heat, Zlol can create a distortion like effect (think of a road on a hot day; that shimmer.) Due to being created by magic, it is much more pronounced than a natural heat distortion - further distorting the nature of any prana spent within. A viewer will be able to tell that there is something inside the distortion, but it will be difficult for them to tell what, unless the viewer has some time of vision enhancement. Zlol does not have to stay inside the distortion, but he must be able to see it.

- All is Not as it Seems: This is the basic illusion that Zlol can create, with only a visual element. The illusion can be as simple as an assassin coming to kill Zlol’s target, and thereby distracting them, to as complicated as a dozen Zlol's packed into the circle as the real one runs away. This illusion will only last for thirty seconds once cast, and Zlol cannot make it last longer without remaining in eye contact with the illusion.

80%

Usandru - 26 Circuits, Wind/Fire (572 Max Prana channelled, 172 od)
Alchemist: Path of Transmutation

Distant, rational, and utterly calm - of all the ones thrown into the world, (Mad Doktor) Usandru turned out to be the best at coping with the vagaries of the moonlit world and the death game he found himself in. Able to "detach" himself from his emotional state to handle high pressure situations by objectifying them as "something that happens to something else - a doll of some kind" (much like Kohaku), he found himself discarding unnecessary things unrelated to his survival.

Morals. Personal Honor.

The rules of the old world.

Even expectations of how one should fight or conduct himself.

These were irrelevant to the cause, for when the very world was at stake, did not the ends justify the means?

Thus, instead of worrying about casualties, about personal strength, about meeting a foe in battle, Usandru looked for alternatives that would give him more than just a passing chance at victory. True, personal glory and wanting to be better rounded were human desires, but what use was there for humanity, when humanity was a weakness, holding one back from one's full potential?

And so he spent long hours locked away in the lab, eschewing human contact as he labored over experiments, coming out only to collect food and other such necessities before hurrying back in to continue.

Combustion, he found to be trifling, and in the end, pedestrian.

Simple control of wind, useless.

Reinforcement, a decent idea, but difficult in practice.

In the course of his experiments, he nearly died from Carbon Monoxide poisoning - and that was when he figured out his chosen path.

Through Alteration and Transmutation, he would turn the gases of the air itself into his weapons, civillian casualties and international conventions be damned.

Yes, for a moment, he felt saddened about the fact that people would die, but he put it behind him, turning his mind to steel. There was no time to lose for silly things such as moral discomfort.

Victory (and survival) was all that mattered on a path set by desire, driven by desperation, maintained by inertia.

Physical Appearance: Tallish (roughly 180 cm) and rather thin (with an almost wiry look), Unsandru has visibly aged in these last few years. His skin is rather darker than it once was, scarred and pitted here and there from the many experiments he undertook. He still wears glasses, though his vision has worsened from what it was, forcing him to compensate by reading disruptions in the air and heat signatures.

Relationships: Aside from being Lianru's lover (which has restored a very limited amount of emotional triggers for him, centered around his fellows and achievements), Usandru works closely with both mangafreak and HolySeraph. The former, of course, is due to the fact that both have...interesting and unconventional ideas for applications in wind element magecraft geared towards effectiveness, and thus respect each other (with one going for remote detonations and suffocations, while the other uses a slightly different approach to using the wind). As for the latter, HolySeraph is one of the few he was close to in the life before, though after his realization that odd techniques might be needed to secure a victory, he found himself not spending quite as much time with his old friend.

All others are to be considered colleagues rather than friends.

Relevant Skills:
- Limited Freerunning
- Basic self-defense (group)
- Possesses an unusual level of theoretical knowledge of modern (and pre-modern) military strategy, and to a lesser degree tactics.
- Mid-level Object Reinforcement
- Basic Runes

Equipment (for later acquisition)
Gas mask and hazmat suit x1

Misc:
- Shares a bi-directional prana link with Lianru

Spells:

- Transmutation (Portal): Capable of decomposing molecules in the air into Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Cyanide, Dinitrogen tetroxide, Hydrazine, Nitrogen Mustards, Nitric Acid, LSD, Free Oxygen, Ozone, and other compounds for use in his spells.

- Bounded Field (Pressure Manipulation): Developed together with mangafreak, this spell can modify the atmospheric pressure within a given area marked with runes, with prana use depending on the area covered. mangafreak tends to use this to stablize his improvised bombs, while Usandru uses it to increase the effectiveness of his toxins, or to create safe areas from the chemicals he works with.

-Pressure Sphere: Creating a sphere of pressure centered on a point (the caster normally) and pressuring outwards with a diameter slightly greater than the greatest dimension of the caster or object it is cast on. Is anchored to the object or Caster and thus moves with it. Used as a makeshift layer of seperation to protect him from hazardous chemicals.

- Pressure Sphere (inverted): Creating a sphere of pressure centered on a point and pressuring inwards. Can shrink, pressuring the content of the sphere in the process. Can be moved by the caster/by applying Force.

- Ignite: Briefly heats a single spot of an object or substance to it’s autoignition point.

- Heat (gas): Quickly heats a volume of gas.

- Electrolyse water vapor: Separates gaseous molecules of H2O into individual atoms (shared with Lianru).

- Left for Dead: A deadly spell that inflicts Carbon Monoxide poisoning upon a target, using a combination of the inverted pressure sphere and conversion / concentration of Carbon Monoxide.

- The Pain is a Lie: Decomposes available Nitrogen and Oxygen in the air into monoatomic forms, and uses this to synthesize mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen for the patient to inhale, in order to depress the feeling of pain while keeping the patient in a conscious state.

- Halflife: Creates a concentration of Hydrogen Cyanide / Nitrogen Mustard in an area, set to disperse after a period of time.

- Counterstrike: Similar to Lianru's Dwfrufel, but specialized for wind magecraft, this spell decomposes nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen and reassembles them into compounds like Dinitrogen tetroxide (toxic and corrosive) and Hydrazine, which are hypergolic, i.e., they burn on contact without a separate ignition source.

Usandru
April 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Andreas Lyngsø
Safehouse Periphery
Roughly T+0200 hours since end of isolation

So. The barrier was down. As promised. Though I was unsure if anyone had remained expectant of it. A failure to properly calibrate the thing might have caused it to simply lock us in, leaving us to die. Unlikely, perhaps, but then again, so was the fundamental situation.

Taking my first few steps past where before there had been only silvery light I was struck by a sense of... nothing. Freedom was curiously anti-climactic to me. The expanded vista was vaguely interesting, but largely... moot. It had no impact on anything. No value.

When, I wondered, had I lost the ability to appreciate nature merely for existing?

Ah well. It did not matter. The representative of the Sea of Estray was due to arrive sometime within the next few hours, and then we were to move towards Fuyuki, in accordance with our general plan of action. Not that we had strategized anywhere near enough prior to emergence. Until then there were merely my musings, and perhaps checking up on one of the others...

...we weren't all likely to react usefully to sudden freedom. It would be unfortunate to experience a loss in combat potential to someone giving in to the impulse to simply flee before the War was handled.

With a slight sigh, I turned away from the supposed freedom, walking back to the supposed prison, faint aches reverberating in me with every step. Negligible, all in all, but still enough that the decision to not deaden it was very much a conscious one. Pain, regardless of how used one became to ignoring it, was still unpleasant.

Besides, it kept me sharp. The mind awake and focused. A little pain was worth that.

The War wasn't going to win itself after all.

Elyrin
April 16th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Kyle Wlos
Safehouse, Bedroom
Two hours since end of isolation

Freedom seemed like such a pointless thing these days. Really, when your decisions would most likely amount to "how do you want to die", is that "freedom" really the real thing? Yeah, I didn't think so. There was always a chance of survival, sure, but with most of this group being what it is? Not likely. Still, it's not like we could try anything else. If we tried to ditch, we'd die. Simple as that. So, our only options are to fight or give up entirely.

Yeah, I'm not at that stage quite yet. We still have a few hours before our contact gets here, and we have talked with each other before, so we might be able to manage some semblance of a plan. I'm not particularly confident, but we could still do it. The threat of the Fourth War, almost here at least, might finally be enough to get us united.

Well, probably not, but it was nice to still have a little hope, misguided though it may be.

There was no doubt at least one person still working on an experiment, at least one person thinking alone about our "freedom", and possibly someone thinking about doing something drastic. Things like that simply wouldn't do. It was time to get down to business, see if our ragtag bunch of misfits could accomplish something for once. It was time for someone to gather our makeshift team, get them working together for once, and see if we can make it through this mess with live, limb, and sanity mostly intact. Someone like...

...maybe I should ask Sera about this first.

...yeah, talking to Sera. Trying to deal with a few members of our little group hasn't worked out so well in the past. I've almost exploded before, and I don't want to go doing that, especially right now. Hopefully, she'll still be in her room. Preferably alone, but as long as Koshiro isn't there, I should be fine. Now, I need to find some clothes.

Black shirt, black pants, bare feet. A fashion genius I am not, but I don't have much to choose from anyway. We'll all need to go shopping as soon as we get the chance, but first, important things. Out of my room, lock the door behind me, quietly make my way down the hall. No one suddenly appears to greet me, thankfully. Sneaking off to Sera's room in the middle of the night, only mostly dressed... could start quite a misunderstanding, especially with certain people.

Now, Sera's room is... here. Hope she's awake, I'd feel like an idiot if I accidentally woke her up. With the bounded field down and our contact due to arrive soon, I can't see anyone sleeping the night away, but it could be a possibility.

Oh, goddamn it, just knock already. "...hey, Sera, you there?"

mangafreak7793
April 19th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Outside the Safehouse.
One Hour since end of Isolation.

"So we're finally released." I muttered to myself as I walked through the countryside going on my occasional walk back to what I used to do back home in order to let my mind wander and one of the few habits I use to keep in order to keep myself stable through the physical and mental strain of magecraft though after the barrier had broken this left me more ground to wander.

I wonder how my family are doing? My sisters? Would they even recognize me now?

"Ha..Haha." The thought of their reactions of me losing weight and actually doing exercise left me breaking out in laughter. "Hahahahaha, To think it will only take a death threat from a century year old magus from my favorite series to get me motivated to lose a few pounds."

Tears began to well and fall from the corner from my eyes as both humor and homesickness began to take over since the first time we first came over. To be able to be separated from the others and just see this seemingly endless landscape while beautiful left an huge hole in my heart. This left me to yell out in frustration and every curse I can think of at Justica, Nasu and mostly that bastard Urobuchi for making this train wreck called Fate/Zero.

"Haaa, That felt better." I said as I began to gather my breath while rubbing my throat from yelling at full blast at would probably be 5 to 10 minutes. "Though I could complain all I want but it wouldn't help my current situation anyway if only to make me forget my nervousness at the possibility that I might die."

Besides my sisters say that I shouldn't bottle things up all the time.

I sighed feeling more tired then relieved for being able to leave the safehouse contrary to what I thought before.

"Maybe I should talk with Andreas, or maybe Sera instead..." I muttered to myself but shook my head at the thought. Probably their dealing with their own thoughts right now. I probably shouldn't bother them just when we just got 'liberated' maybe later after taking a nap maybe....

With that thought and a good stretch I began to walk back doing my best to keep my sense of foreboding as I try to look at the 'bright' side of things.

and honestly I'm doing a horrible job.

HolySeraph
April 22nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
"Serafina"
Safehouse, Bedroom

Thought Partition 1
Three years have finally past and we are finally free to leave this place that had become a home for me and friends since that day we were all transported here. But rather then any sense of relief, I only felt nervousness as I felt the dread of our upcoming mission. Even though we all trained hard in the past years in preparation for this, the odds were still likely against us. The fourth holy grail war would have far more dangerous servants around compared to the fifth. The fear of death or some other fate happening to my friends or even myself had been keeping me on edge the last few hours. They were all like a family to me after living with them for so long, going through much difficult and painful training to prepare.

And as I reflected on the costs in training to prepare for this war. Many of the others adopted of a Mind of Steel view, the thought of which sadden me to point I almost got teary eyed thinking about it. It felt like in many ways that they were abandoning their humanity and souls for survival. They have all become more than just friends, but almost a second family to me and they're all very dear to me.

I suppose that at least they are still largely remain human physically compared to what happened to myself. Though, it honestly amused me rather than anything else. Giving my endowed breasts a gentle squeeze, they were an obvious reminder of what I have become. I am now half homunculi and female with long silver hair flowing down that I would often stroke with my soft, feminine hands. Even my self image has changed to that I actually think of myself as a woman now even feel attraction towards some of my friends taken to wearing to various dresses like the current formal dress of Justica. Looking in the mirror with this dress, I reminded of Justica herself like this as the recovery process I went through ended up writing my damaged body with that of Justica's template.

I became amused as I thought back to my recovery as I got used to my new body and adjusted to be a woman in mind as well as body. My new clumsiness led to some rather funny times as I relearned my sense of balance and my new body was quite sensitive to my embarrassment. Even if it did lead to some....nice moments. But something that was less noticeable was the fact I am half homunculi...no longer fully human in body or spirit. It wasn't really anything compared to the changes that came with becoming a woman...but it did meant that I wasn't quite human anymore and more meaningfully, I would likely live beyond my family of friends and never grow old...

Thought Partition 2
Kotomine Kirei is like the most dangerous of the six masters we will have to face. While he has only studied magecraft for three years like us, it was under the tutor of a established magus and is on top of his prior Executor training. He is however blank state that is open influence. Presuming Gilgamesh doesn't influence him to become a manipulative sadist first.

Kayneth is the next most dangerous master as a well established magus and vast amounts of resources. Sola does not like him and Kiritsugu will likely target him first.

Kiritsugu & Irisviel are dangerous mainly in that Kiritsugu is quite familiar with technological methods and the fact they represent a very powerful family. Still, a potential ally if they can be persuaded of the truth of the Grail and who we are contracted with. And may will have access to the resources need to resolve the Grail.

Kariya isn't much of threat on his own and is blinded by his hatred of Tokiomi over Aoi and Sakura. He is a potential easy target or ally while Zouken is another potential for conversion.

Waver poses little direct threat and the main consideration with him is his potential.

Tousaka Tokiomi appears to be an established magus that specializes in fire spells. Is also unofficially allied with the Church and Kotomine. Sakura may become a leverage point, but would difficult to use this against him. Rin or Aoi would raise moral questions.

Final victory may require seizing the wish for own, causing the cancellation of the Holy Grail War, or removing the taint on the Grail either with Caster, aid of the 3 families, or some other exotic method with questionable chance for success.

'Oh is that Kyle?/Sounds like Kyle decided to visit,' I thought pleasantly/realized when I heard the voice from the door. "One moment!" I yelled back as I quickly synchronized my thoughts together and straighten out the formal dress of Justica I was wearing, I as came to open the door. Seeing Kyle there in simple black clothing that reminded me of my own fashion sense when I was a man, I greeted him with a pleasant face at having one of my close friend come by for a visit," Hi Kyle, would you like to come in?"

Elyrin
April 23rd, 2012, 01:28 AM
Kyle Wlos
Safehouse, Sera's Room

Ah, good, she's awake. Would have felt like a bit of a dick had she been asleep before I showed up. "Hey. Couldn't sleep and couldn't get anything done, so I decided to drop by." Taking Sera's invitation, I slip inside as she closes the door behind me.

I've had a slightly different experience every time I've been in Sera's room. Sometimes, she would be practicing with her partitions, and I got stuck trying in vain to keep up with her. Sometimes she would by trying various outfits, and I would hang around to give opinions. Once or twice, some things had been rearranged. There was only one constant, and that was books. Far too many books. To be fair, I'd done more than my fair share of reading as well, but Sera takes it to a whole other level. Would be nice if I could cheat like that.

Acutely aware of that damn hawk watching like a... well, like a hawk, I wander over to the bed and have a seat. It's not like I can sit on the books, after all. That would be rude.

"So, Sera, you been doing anything interesting, or just pacing around like me?"

HolySeraph
April 25th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Kyle Wlos
Safehouse, Sera's Room

"So, Sera, you been doing anything interesting, or just pacing around like me?"

"Just pacing I guess. I'm just nervous now that the we'll be leaving for this war soon. While I had been thinking over the planning of the war, there is still a lot of variables," I replied back somewhat wistful as I presumed my seat at my desk. "While we all trained hard for this, deaths may still happen. Reflecting on the past three years, we have so much time together that you're all close to me I don't want to lose anyone even if I have to accept it may still happen," I said as I closed my eyes with my hand to my chest dwell in the bliss of the happy memories and bonds.

zlol365
April 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Koshiro Yamada
Safehouse, Living Room
Two Hours since Isolation

"Nothing much...."

The only words that could highlight his displeasure at being unable to find any more relevant concepts to add to his arsenal of magecraft from the book of magecraft theories that he had taken from one of the rooms of this safehouse. Reading the books and then forcing himself to learn the magecraft theories and customising them to his preferred style had been difficult, but unlike the others that he could tell had the fear of death in mind and their own worries....

He had chosen not to worry. His life back in the other world was alright, nothing memorable but though he had his own troubles, he had nothing to regret about it. Though, entering this world and being given a mission? That by right made it look more exciting, though he knew, and always known that death would be at his doorstep anytime, but would anything get done if he continued to try to depress himself about it? No.

And probably his own principles: "Live by the moment, enjoy what you do.", he never let himself do what he would have disliked, and if he had to, he would make himself enjoy it.

That was what kept him going... other then the fact that he would like to see this to the end. Though, if death came for him first, then by all means, he would not be found being unable to put up a poor fight. That was why he had plunged himself straight into doing many reckless experiments behind the backs of the others, pushing his mental state to its utmost limits.

Which resulted in him being so mentally drained he was unable to wake up earlier then the others or that he would remain asleep for a few days straight.

Either way, it seemed that whatever he had learnt, he now no longer had any more ideas as to what he could add.

He rubbed his forehead and then closed the book. The others were probably either hanging around the rooms or if not outside the safehouse for one reason or the other, he theorized.

"Well, if there's nothing to do, I guess I should continue honing my skill with that...."

His biggest achievement at least, to produce a 'illusion'...

Whistling to himself, he decided that he would find someone to annoy using that skill.

Thus as he continued his whistling, he left the book in the living room and begun his walk within the safehouse, looking for someone to become his next victim in his attempt to hone his illusion-making skills.

Elyrin
April 27th, 2012, 02:21 AM
"While we all trained hard for this, deaths may still happen. Reflecting on the past three years, we have so much time together that you're all close to me I don't want to lose anyone even if I have to accept it may still happen."

Sounds like Sera, alright. Having to deal with all this is bad enough on its own, but with you being relatively close to our entire group, anything going wrong would hit you hard. Really, I think getting close to everyone was a bad idea, given the situation... but I can't exactly say that, can I?

I sigh, letting myself fall back onto the bed and stare at the ceiling for a minute. "Yeah, it'll be hard. And, if the worst happened, it would definitely hit you harder than the rest of us, but you can't let that stop you. It's not really a good thing to say, I know, but everyone else would need you at your best to keep going." Man, I am terrible at this. Should've just kept my mouth shut.

"...but, really, we shouldn't be thinking about that kind of thing too much. The next couple of weeks will be dangerous, but we're as prepared as we're ever going to be. Worrying about every little thing isn't going to get us anywhere. We need to focus on more important things, like, say, staying sane. Or calmly insane, at least.

Now, enough about that. The barrier is down, and we're mostly free to wander. Want to go out for a walk, see if we can put everything out of mind for a little while?"

HolySeraph
April 27th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I sigh, letting myself fall back onto the bed and stare at the ceiling for a minute. "Yeah, it'll be hard. And, if the worst happened, it would definitely hit you harder than the rest of us, but you can't let that stop you. It's not really a good thing to say, I know, but everyone else would need you at your best to keep going." Man, I am terrible at this. Should've just kept my mouth shut.

"...but, really, we shouldn't be thinking about that kind of thing too much. The next couple of weeks will be dangerous, but we're as prepared as we're ever going to be. Worrying about every little thing isn't going to get us anywhere. We need to focus on more important things, like, say, staying sane. Or calmly insane, at least.

Now, enough about that. The barrier is down, and we're mostly free to wander. Want to go out for a walk, see if we can put everything out of mind for a little while?"
"I understand. But when part my mind wanders and thinks about this war, it is something I know I will have to accept. It is mostly just the nervous feeling you get when you're about to do something big with a lot at stake. Kinda like a final I suppose...with much greater stakes of course. I'm really just trying to prepare myself for it. For when this war start...we all have to be strong and keep moving forward," I calmed replied with a bit of determination in my voice with last line. "As for a walk, I think that would be a lovely idea. Please step out for a moment, I'll need to change into something more appropriate for walking outside," I said with a gentle smile as I got up in preparation for my change of dress.

Elyrin
April 27th, 2012, 04:35 AM
"As for a walk, I think that would be a lovely idea," I said with a gentle smile.

"Alright, then. Hopefully something like this will help us unwind a little bit." The decision made, I drag myself back off the bed and onto my feet to stretch out a little. It'll be nice to get outside for once, to have a little while to just worry about nothing. It's been a long time since any of us could really do something like that.

"Well, if you're going to change, I'll go see if I can hunt down my shoes. They're around somewhere, but hell if I know where, specifically. I'll meet you outside, alright?"

With that, I am off on a fool's errand. I honestly have no idea whether my shoes are still around or not, so I'm just going to have to hope they are. It's what I get for not wearing them in so long, I suppose. Well, on the plus side, if I do find them they should still fit. Sadly, I haven't really grown in my three years here, but it does have its advantages.

EnigmaticFellow
April 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Christopher Monroe
Safehouse: Personal Room
2 hours since end of isolation

One can say that there are many ways for one to cope in an otherwise hopeless situation. As for myself, it’s staring right in front of me while I pen down some more notes on my chosen field of research, templates for human spirits.

With a fate holding certain death looming over my conscious, I needed an escape. Thaumaturgy, the operation of mysteries, the esoteric science I once thought imaginary, the lore that I dreamed to practice, is truly a subject I can immerse myself in. And immerse in it I did. I pursued the field with an almost single-minded obsession, eschewing a more personal relationship with my peers. Not that having done such actions hampered me in any way. After all, I'm not attached to the others as much as Serafina is, and my obsessive studying on thaumaturgy prevented me from focusing completely on the war; an outcome which would eventually make me adopt a much colder disposition than I already possess, no doubt the war will push me even further along that path as I have less time to obsess over my research.

Then again, I believe that it's not healthy to ponder upon possibilities for too long a time. That's probably what made many of Kaleidoscope's apprentices insane due to them having to think of and handle so many possibilities at one time.

'No matter,' I thought to myself as I finished penning some more notes. Since I'm done, I might as well have Serafina look over some of my notes to see what she thinks of them. So with that, I head over to her room and knock on her door, waiting for a response.

mangafreak7793
April 28th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Masahide Uyehara
In front of the Safehouse.
Two Hours since end of Isolation.

After taking my walk on the outskirts I somehow managed to think of more 'positive thoughts' such as finally going to Japan though even if its for the war it has been one of the many destinations I have wanted or revisit despite the fact that my family is not stationed where Fuyuki City is and probably roughly twenty years to where I last went in terms of this timeline it is still will be an interesting sight to see it.

Not to mention the fact I get to read manga again for the first time in three years.

As I begin to fantasize to what available manga I'll be able to read and deciding whether I should go for the Unagi don or the Tonkatsu don as my first meal once landing I stop by to see a familiar face.

'Kyle?' I thought mildly surprised to see him as he was preparing to go out. 'Probably going out for some fresh air.'

As I begin to take off my shoes I looked up to him with a small smile as I try to start some small talk.

"Hey Kyle, Going for a walk too I'm guessing. Trying to get some fresh air to clear your thoughts too?"

Elyrin
April 29th, 2012, 09:10 PM
"Hey Kyle, Going for a walk too I'm guessing. Trying to get some fresh air to clear your thoughts too?"

Eh? Wasn't expecting to run into anyone here, but on second thought, I couldn't have been the only person wanting to just get outside for once.

"Oh, Uyehara. Yeah, I was just going out on a short walk with Sera. With the war just around the corner, I figured we should do something simple and calming, for once. No work, no worries, for just a little while. God knows we all need it."

mangafreak7793
April 30th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Masahide Uyehara

I frown for a moment when I heard 'Uyehara' feeling a slight formal yet cold chill from it but just as quickly shrug it off. Even if it has been three years it seems we all have been a bit distance from others even if we have worked with each other before though on the other hand I haven't been the most social individual either so I guess it can't be helped.

"Indeed." I replied nodding at his statement. "Though for me it was more of a way to stretch my legs since this place seems so cramp at times despite it being a mansion, you know? Not to mention...."

Wait did he say, Sera?

Quickly reaffirming in my head to confirm on what he said I began to sigh as I facepalm.

It's not that I have anything against her. On the contrary I consider her one of my closest friends in this place and admire her greatly for still keeping her mentality despite the strange events and circumstances that plague out little group, her especially.

It's just that 'she' adapts to way to quickly especially in a certain incident in which still bothers me a bit on how comfortable she adjusted or rather enthusiastic on how she is now.

'Well that could be consider a good thing but one of her first reactions was to rummage through Justica's closet and not to mention sparing with her afterwards can be a bit overwhelming for someone who has a hard time adjusting to new things.'

Especially when sparing with someone who your conscience yells at how you shouldn't hit a girl (Strangely in the voice of your sisters.) can be a little of awkward to some.

Especially the physical contact...

Quickly snapping out of it as I shake my head of my thoughts, I begin to let out an tired laugh as I look back at Kyle.

"Let me guess she deciding what to wear on your 'walk'?"

Elyrin
April 30th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Kyle Wlos

"Though for me it was more of a way to stretch my legs since this place seems so cramp at times despite it being a mansion, you know? Not to mention...."

Well, I can see what he means. We're in a pretty big place, even considering there are 8 of us here, but it starts to feel like a prison after so long without being able to leave. My problem is, well, he facepalmed right in the middle of his sentence. I mean, really? As Uyehara stares off into space, I'm left sitting around in confusion, until... oh.

Ohhhh.

Sorry, Uyehara, but now that I know what's going on, there is no escape. Now, how shall I begin?

"Deciding what to wear, no, but close. I helped her pick something already, so she's just getting dressed now. I'd consider inviting you along, but it's not really something we'd need or want a third person for, and you'd probably just feel awkward and left out anyway."

HolySeraph
April 30th, 2012, 08:32 AM
"Serafina"
Safehouse, Bedroom

Fortunately, while many of the formal dresses that I burrowed from Justica's old wardrobe looked like from the early 19th century that look ill suited for outdoors, the fact that I generally much taller than Justica meant many of them were short and it seemed Justica did prefer a few dresses that were more practical for the outdoors made it so that I had number of dresses to choose from. I ended up picking the most casual outfits for the walk which for Justica, was still rather quite high class. It was nice to be to be able to have so many lovely options to choose, even if the general style was getting old after three years.

Memory Partition
As I observed the various formal dresses of Justica, I wonder what the Einzbern's reaction to me would be. Just another homuculi to be used as tool? A new research subject to be tied to a table(a thought that horrified me)? Or would they force me into their family? And of course, there is the question of explaining my existence to them which may well be exposed by this war...and not just to them.
As I put on my boots, I heard another knock from my door. Seems I may be popular today as I went to answer the door that revealed Chris standing with a bunch of papers.
"How can I help you, Chris?" I answered with a friendly smile. Christopher is likely the most asocial of our group and I wasn't quite as close to him as I was to the others.

EnigmaticFellow
April 30th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Christopher Monroe
Safehouse: Personal Room
2 hours since end of isolation

"How can I help you, Chris?"

“If you are not too busy, would you mind looking over some of these notes? After all, you are one of the people who help me the most in my research, so I think it is only polite for me to share my observations with you.”

After saying that, I hand Serafina a piece of paper.

Upon further testing of the previously mentioned hypothesis concerning functional immortality via template restoration, repeated testing have, thus far, proven to be fruitless. The data shows that the state of soul degradation on test subjects seem to not reset itself upon restoration. This appears to be the case due to template restoration currently being a mystery which replaces damaged portions of the soul. Being able to forcefully overwrite the portion of the soul which determines age or blending the soul with a creature who has a longer lifespan could potentially forestall degradation. Further testing is required to verify the proposed method.

mangafreak7793
May 1st, 2012, 12:34 AM
Masahide Uyehara

I frowned at his statement which felt more like a jab then anything else....

If only he didn't have a point.

"Well I'm used to feeling awkward especially lately." I sighed and then smiled. "Besides 'm tired from walking away from this place and it seems much bigger then expected."

I began to to take off my shoes and walk past him but not before giving a small wave as I casually said.

"Well I wouldn't want to interrupt your talk after all it seems like you two have something very important to talk about."

alfheimwanderer
May 1st, 2012, 07:05 AM
Approaching Safehouse.
Four Hours since end of Isolation

The voices of 665--no, 666--beasts echoed in the chaotic hive mind of the being known as Fabro Rowan, causing the countenance of the once-human alchemist to twitch despite himself. Having existed for over a millennium as the Dead Apostle Ancestor Nrvnqsr Chaos, as part of a collective consciousness aligned with his will yet not entirely under his control (or understanding), he nevertheless believed that he had learned the general rules governing the disordered dendrogram that was his body (in as much as a being who was essentially an Eldritch Abomination which kept itself in human form could be understood) - that terrible, indescribable thing that if loosed would seem a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic darkness, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of reddish light upon a roiling mass of chaotic matter that would drive any mortal mind insane to look upon or long be in the presence of.

...he himself being no exception, given that his mind is slowly fading from being united to the collective of beasts - wolves, elephants, dragonkin, and other phantasmal beasts, slowly changing from being serious and experimental to a more bloodthirsty and arrogant self that considered himself far beyond ordinary humans, as humans themselves were beyond the ignorant beasts of the field.

Rarely - very, very rarely - he made exceptions to that rule, seeing an individual as an equal.

One of those exceptions had been the Archmagus Lizleihi Justica von Einzbern, a grand homunculus of the Sea of Estray who had done him a great service and impressed him with her power and grace - so much so that he had offered her a single boon, entrusting to her a portion of his chaos in the form of a statue, for her to release at need.

He did not know if she still existed on the earth, only that three years ago, the subtle link he maintained with that beast had gone silent, as if it had simply winked out of existence. It had not simply been destroyed, as those which were lost returned to the Chaos to be reborn - simply removed, which made him curious, as only a handful of individuals - she who wielded the power of the Soul being one of them, with the Fourth Ancestor being another - were capable of such a thing.

The Ancestor had sent a hound to the safehouse which had served as her personal retreat, the last known location of the statue, only to find it gone, leaving no trace of itself behind, and it was then that he began to become curious about why it was once more in use.

...now, the link had been re-established, with the safehouse reappeared in reality, and one of his ravens noting a good deal of activity by humans -- and by a homunculus that was the very image of the Winter Saint.

This in itself was enough to motivate him to attend personally, so now he was en route to pay his respects, having made sure to feed ahead of time so as not to accidentally swallow up one of the Archmagus' compatriots. The meeting promised to be...diverting, which was payment enough, as the worst enemy of any immortal was boredom.

He would be there in a matter of minutes. Already some of his Chaos beasts had gone ahead and secured a perimeter, just within detection range of the safehouse's residents, and soon he himself would arrive.

zlol365
May 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Koshiro Yamada
Four Hours past the End of Isolation
Outside the safehouse

He had exited out of the safehouse sometime back and had taken to staying outside to wait for prey when just coincidentally, kyle came down.

"Heh, probably time to...."

Then Masahide had approached, which by then, Koshiro had taken to concealing himself away from the two so that first, he could observe them before doing anything and the second, he just did not want to be noticed at this point before he pulled off his little illusion trick.

However, in the end, he had dozed right off. Koshiro himself had just woke up and then, Koshiro himself felt something was off. At first, he just thought to himself:

Bah, thats probably my conscience telling me I should not prank those two, but hey, I'm bored. And I want to see how much I have grasped on this illusion trick of mine.... so let's just....

Aw, dam it.

It just refused to shut up. His thoughts that danger was near. What was just making him feel uncomfortable? as he looked around, he finally realised.

One Raven on a tree nearby.

where had he seen one of those ravens before..... It looked familiar like something he saw back then in his own world. Umm.... Black, with red eyes. It was really familiar. How familiar though, he could not remember. Had he seen those before? It felt strangely like Nasu. But then again, this was nasuverse. He should not-

Wait.

This was nasuverse.

he had forgotten. Since the boundary opened, they were open to threats at any moment. And that raven...

There was only one thing that could produce such a weird type of raven, now that he remembered or perhaps he was dreaming.

Nrvsnqr.

Oh shit.

And thus, he broke away from his hiding place and started to run into the house to wake everyone up....

mangafreak7793
May 7th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Masahide Uyehara
Masahide's Room.

I lazily began to slip out of bed after my quick nap.

This has became a very bad habit of mine due to the fact despite practicing, and some interactions with the others there is not much to do around here. Sure, I mean we're living in a mansion but the novelty will wear off after a week or so and the fact we have been living here for three years mean that it is practically non-existence by now.

My eyes then drift to a certain sphere which is on top on a table in my room next to a small stack a books.

A sphere that shows the entire area and shows where certain events or people are doing almost like that map from a certain book about lightening shape scars, and magic schools.

"Well not that I'm really nosy but I wonder what the others are doing." I lazily extend my hand to grab the orb and poured some mana in it to activate it. "Maybe find out how long the ra...."

My eyes widened as my voice seizes up and for a moment I stood frozen in place and dumbfounded with what I saw...

Several icons rapidly approaching the mansion with the caption 'NERO CHAOS'

I dropped the map onto the bed as I bolted out of my room and yelled like a mad man.

"GUYS!, A DAA IS HERE!, CHAOS IS HERE!, PREPARE FOR CONFRONTATION!" I kept shouting as I ran through the mansion yelling at my compatriots for what was about to come.

zlol365
May 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Masahide's Room.

I lazily began to slip out of bed after my quick nap.

This has became a very bad habit of mine due to the fact despite practicing, and some interactions with the others there is not much to do around here. Sure, I mean we're living in a mansion but the novelty will wear off after a week or so and the fact we have been living here for three years mean that it is practically non-existence by now.

My eyes then drift to a certain sphere which is on top on a table in my room next to a small stack a books.

A sphere that shows the entire area and shows where certain events or people are doing almost like that map from a certain book about lightening shape scars, and magic schools.

"Well not that I'm really nosy but I wonder what the others are doing." I lazily extend my hand to grab the orb and poured some mana in it to activate it. "Maybe find out how long the ra...."

My eyes widened as my voice seizes up and for a moment I stood frozen in place and dumbfounded with what I saw...

Several icons rapidly approaching the mansion with the caption 'NERO CHAOS'

I dropped the map onto the bed as I bolted out of my room and yelled like a mad man.

"GUYS!, A DAA IS HERE!, CHAOS IS HERE!, PREPARE FOR CONFRONTATION!" I kept shouting as I ran through the mansion yelling at my compatriots for what was about to come.

Koshiro Yamada
Four Horus since end of Isolation
Inside the Safehouse

"Nasu, Dam you."

That was the very first few words he swore as he ran up the stairs to the very first person that came into his mind, Masahide. Well, He was not sure why he had opted to try and wake that guy up, but he would do so anyway. However, by the time he got up, he need not bother. He was already wake and on the alert.

"Oi, oi. Don't get too anxious for now. If we seem to wary, that man will obviously be on his guard. Relax first. Let's go and do this in a not so obvious manner and wake everyone up. And then, we'll probably need a plan. I guess in this time, we should either wake Kyle, Serafina or Christopher first? After all, i think they'll come up with a better plan then i can."

Those were the words he said to Masahide as he approached. The first thing now, as much as he wanted to panic, worry or even charge in with enthusiasm.... Recklessly rushing in would not solve things for now. Though his heart, it was pumping. Pumping with eagerness and excitement. the thrill.

Even if it was a 100% death.

A shot at fighting Nrvsnqr.

he could barely suppress licking his mouth in excitement....

mangafreak7793
May 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

I ran, and ran, and ran, and ran.

Ignoring what was happening around me and focused on getting everyone up first I quickly ran passed Yamada and continued to yell.

"GUYS GET UP IT'S AN EMERGENCY!"

HolySeraph
May 14th, 2012, 01:30 AM
"Calm down. What is going on?"

mangafreak7793
May 14th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

During my crazed running and near hysteria I see a flash of white and a familiar figure in front of my path.

"IT'S CHAOS! NERO CHAOS!" I grabbed Serafina by the shoulder almost shaking her. "HE'S HERE!"

zlol365
May 14th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Koshiro Yamada
Inside Safehouse
Four Hours after Isolation

He was ignored alright.

"Ah well... might as well follow him."

Scratching the back of his head, he had followed Masahide and when Masahide had ran into serafina, Yamada remained silent as Masahide continued to be either excited or panicking about Nrvsnqr's arrival.

Either way, he proceeded to cut in as he stated to Serafina, "We spotted some of his familiars nearby this safehouse. It seemed like the familiars that Kyle liked to produced (Referring to the raven he saw), though at a closer look and thought... it was definitely the ones that nrvsnqr uses. And we need a plan. Got any, lady boss?"

HolySeraph
May 18th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

During my crazed running and near hysteria I see a flash of white and a familiar figure in front of my path.

"IT'S CHAOS! NERO CHAOS!" I grabbed Serafina by the shoulder almost shaking her. "HE'S HERE!"

"Nero Chaos? One of the vampires correct? What do we know about him?" I asked rather calmly. I suspected he was one of the DAA, but couldn't remember too well. Tsukihime wasn't something I got heavily into.

mangafreak7793
May 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

Ignoring the fact of her lack of Tsukihime knowledge I immediately started spouting random facts.

"He's not just any vampire he's a DAA (Dead Apostle Ancestor) which we means he's the big boss probably around servant level and not to mention the fact he has 666 beasts inside of him in which he doesn't die unless we call all 666 of them at once which I doubt we have the firepower for it."

I took a deep breath.

"What should we do! Our Magic won't kill something of that level! We Can't run either his beasts will surely catch up with us!, Should we summon our servant but even then it may not be able to deal with him!"

EnigmaticFellow
May 24th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Christopher Monroe
Inside Safe House
4 hours since end of isolation

“The answer should be obvious,” I say to the group as I enter into the conversation.

“If NRVNQSR wants us dead, there is little we can do about, and he would have attacked us without giving us any warning of his advances. What is more likely is that he wishes to negotiate. Why else would he blatantly walk right to us?”

“What we should do instead is have one of us communicate with him in order to learn what he wants from us.”

HolySeraph
May 26th, 2012, 01:52 AM
"That sounds reasonable and along the lines I considered Chris. Any ideas on what he wishes to negotiate?", I answered Chris and then added, "Perhaps he is associated with our contact perhaps."

EnigmaticFellow
May 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Christopher Monroe
Inside Safe House

“Considering that I have one of his beasts in my possession, we can infer why NRVNQSR may be interested in negotiations.”

HolySeraph
May 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Christopher Monroe
Inside Safe House

“Considering that I have one of his beasts in my possession, we can infer why NRVNQSR may be interested in negotiations.”
"Wait...what. Nevermind. Then we should consider our stance as far as negotiation goes."

mangafreak7793
May 31st, 2012, 04:04 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

"Can we negotiate with him?" I asked looking worried. "I mean just because we have a statue of one of his beast he still has 665 beasts left in his disposal and can just take it, if we are going to negotiate it must be informative, not material bargaining chips."

HolySeraph
June 6th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Serafina
Inside safe house.

"Hmm....considering that statue has been here...he may be expecting to meet with Justica or at least, someone associated with her."

mangafreak7793
June 18th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

"Well...who can safely say that they know Justica to have a nostalgic chat with Chaos?" I said morbidly as I look between the two of them. "Any volunteers?"

HolySeraph
July 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Inside safe house.

"Well...who can safely say that they know Justica to have a nostalgic chat with Chaos?" I said morbidly as I look between the two of them. "Any volunteers?"

"...I suppose I will talk with him then. How should we explain ourselves to him?"

mangafreak7793
July 5th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

"I don't know, I guess we can say that we are acquaintances of hers or we could just say we are help against are will for a suicide mission." I gave a couple of suggestions as I begin to list them off with my fingers.

HolySeraph
July 5th, 2012, 04:04 AM
"How about just try the truth? Though, I admit it is likely a risk. Perhaps part of it would be safer," I admitted before realizing this discussion was starting to advance too much without the others. "We should inform the others. We need to have everyone in on this."

mangafreak7793
July 7th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Masahide Uyehara
Inside safe house.

"Very well." I gave a frank smile and did a small bow. "after you princess."

Usandru
July 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Andreas Lyngsø
Private Laboratory
Roughly T+0400 hours since end of isolation

Walking out of my lab with my research notes and various minor personal effects properly stowed away in the backpack I had prepared a few days earlier, I was assaulted by noise. The sound-dampening effect of one the laboratory bounded fields were very useful when working, but rather less so for keeping track of events outside.

The commotion was also clearly not the usual kind. The was a tinge of... panic? Panic sounded about right.

I slowly walked towards where people had apparently gathered, seeing no reason to rush and expend needless effort. By the time I arrived, everyone seemed to have settled down. I found myself twisting into a faint smirk of amusement as I idly thought that my relaxed attitude had paid off.

Well, I say "relaxed". I suppose indifferent is more accurate.

"So. We have an emergency of some sort? The Sea of Estray representative offended at some grievous breech of manners on our part, or greater powers toying with us again?"

[Move on to NRVNQSR meeting?]

HolySeraph
July 22nd, 2012, 02:52 AM
"Very well." I gave a frank smile and did a small bow. "after you princess."Amused and with a smith, I returned a curtsy before I went off to find the others.

"So. We have an emergency of some sort? The Sea of Estray representative offended at some grievous breech of manners on our part, or greater powers toying with us again?"
"Potentially. Rather we are about to meet someone that puts us in a rather delicate situation. NRVNQSR Chaos to be specific."

Usandru
July 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
"Potentially. Rather we are about to meet someone that puts us in a rather delicate situation. NRVNQSR Chaos to be specific."

"Ah."

I find the faint noise of surprise rather neatly displays my reaction to the idea of meeting one of the Ancestors. At some point, there isn't really much point to a reaction except simple acknowledgement.

"Well, seeing as we aren't dead yet, he might decide to let us remain alive. Of course, suicide is probably less painful than being eaten. Oh well. Shall we go out to meet with him?"

After all, it isn't really as though we can do anything to make a difference. If he decides we should die, we will. If he doesn't, the reason why is likely outside what we can influence. Such a nice reminder that we are merely puppets for greater powers.

alfheimwanderer
July 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

The 10th Dead Apostle Ancestor had never been particularly prone to surprise, even before he had ascended to his current exalted rank. And why should he have been? Human beings were generally thoroughly uncreative creatures, mere beasts that followed the patterns that their long dead forebears had set without thought, complaining when this repitition failed to result in zomething fresh and original. He had thought this while a mere mortal alchemist - but upon becoming an embodiment of Chaos, he began to see just how mad humanity truly was, less adaptable than the beasts of the field, weaker and without natural weapons, and so disgustingly savage, though their race took great pains to hide what they were, so they could play one vast game of pretend and revel in their supposed superiority...

...truthfully, the only thing NRVNQSR found them superior at being were snacks - bits of protein, prana, and nucleic acids that provided the bulk of his admittedly less than fully balanced diet.

Occasionally, however, even humans managed to surprise and intrigue him, as did the group who had gathered around the dormant vessel of one of his fiercest beasts, humans who seemed ill at ease in his presence - but lacking in the instinct of most magi to attack intruders, or at the least,prevent their secrets from falling into the hands of another.

The surroundings were much as remembered them, but then the Winter Saint had always created things to last before her disappearance centuries ago. And with the wards over this retreat, he did not think a random assortment of magi would have been able to simply enter, not with the presence these had. Granted, there was a homunculus among them, but that one did not act as he remembered an Einzbern might...

"Explain. Now. "

It was not a request - even the most naive could not have mistaken that.

HolySeraph
August 22nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
My mind has been running at near full speed as I thought over the words to prepare for the arrival of NRVNQSR Chaos even as this slow down my perceptions of reality with the inconvenience that entails. May as well tell the truth as lying would likely just dig us a hole. But then there is no need to tell whole truth. Hmmm...despite my dress and appearance, I may have to explain my origins....I doubt I would be able get act of a Einzbern noble down and would likely just dig myself a pit. I considered why he could be coming here. The barrier had just recently gone and there was no activility here befoer our arrival. And there is that stone statue of a warhound that was had Fabro Rowan written on it, who the others identified as the Dead Apostle Ancestor that was arriving on our home of the last three years..

"Explain. Now. "

It was not a request - even the most naive could not have mistaken that.
My first instinct was to think this was an arrogant command of a magi. But then wonder if he was just that straight forward.

"Straight to the point I see. We are freelancers who have been employed to take part in a ritual to the East. To prepare for this ritual, we were granted this place to train and make our preparations. I presume you had prior dealings with the owner of this facility?"

alfheimwanderer
August 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

"Freelancers," the Dead Apostle Ancestor echoed neutrally, as his gaze swept clinically over the assembled gaggle of individuals. They did not appear particularly adept, and the appearance of the homunculus - certainly an Einzbern in looks, if not bearing, gave the lie to the simple claim of them being such, as no Einzbern - certainly no homunculus - would have .dishonored the family by becoming a mere mercenary. In addition, to his knowledge, this residence had gone unused for many years, all but forgotten - as the Winter Saint had wished.

Yet, these claimed to be freelancers?

If he had not find the claim amusing, and had not had a hint of genuine curiosity about this eclectic hodgepodge of magi, he might have helped himself to breakfast. But as it was...

"I was indeed acquainted with the Winter Saint prior to her disappearance centuries ago," the Beast of Chaos rumbled. "But how then, are you?" He paused for a moment as a rather thin smile came to his lips, one which held not an ounce of friendliness. "The truth this time, homunculus."

HolySeraph
August 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
"I was indeed acquainted with the Winter Saint prior to her disappearance centuries ago," the Beast of Chaos rumbled. "But how then, are you?" He paused for a moment as a rather thin smile came to his lips, one which held not an ounce of friendliness. "The truth this time, homunculus."
"The how is beyond me really. But the Winter Saint is the one who employed our services due to our status as freelancers. Not that the other Einzberns would know of this. And what I said is very much truth. We have been enclosed within this facility for the entire duration it has been sealed to prepare for our task. Please do not be misled by my appearance for I am not a homunculus of the Einzberns. An accident has resulted in the form you see me now."

alfheimwanderer
August 28th, 2012, 02:22 AM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

The Dead Apostle Ancestor called the Black Beast of Chaos simply inclined an eyebrow as he regarded this...freelancer who claimed not to be a homunculus of the Einzbern, though her form was that of Lizleihi. Further, the "freelancer" claimed to have been recruited by the Winter Saint - though she herself had disappeared, and was presumed dead, as otherwise she would have continued to head the Einzbern family, instead of that Jubstacheit von Einzbern, who while competent, was a far cry from his predecessor in terms of both power and wisdom.

It was quite obvious to NRVNQSR that what was said about the degradation of magecraft since the Age of Gods had some merit, simply from watching that family, for had they not lost a True Magic?

"A curious claim," the Ancestor said at last, as some of his beasts traced the perimeter of the field. "You say that the Winter Saint is acting independently from the other Einzberns, and has hired you to participate in a ritual to the east? My beasts can indeed verify that a barrier of the Saint's design was in place for several years, and that you bear some traces of her power, yet how can this discrepancy be resolved? You pique my interest...freelancer. Perhaps I shall journey to Japan alongside you, as the meddlings of the Lord of the White Wing prove tiring."

Elyrin
August 31st, 2012, 03:50 AM
Safehouse
Meeting with Nrvnqsr

Our first meeting with someone from the outside world was far from what we had expected. If we were lucky, I thought we might have met someone who would help us out, even if they were only in it for whatever money or artifacts we could pay them with. If we were unlucky, which seemed more likely than good fortune, we would be stuck fending for ourselves as usual. The appearance of a Dead Apostle Ancestor only hours after the bounded field went down just might have been the last thing on all of our minds. Uyehara's running and screaming through the halls was helpful, at least. If we had been forced to negotiate with Nrvnqsr Chaos without any kind of warning or preparation, we might not have made it.

Still, we were hardly out of danger yet. Even if the Ancestor didn't seem ready to just eat all of us any more, his very existence was one of the more dangerous things in the world. If he comes with us, and the Church gets word of him, Fuyuki could end up razed to the ground. As if it wasn't in enough danger already.

"Ah.. about that." It's all I can manage to step forward slightly and start talking. Since we're not in immediate danger, I manage to keep my voice steady, but just barely. It would be nice to know how Sera does it. "I'm sure you've seen more than your share of dangerous rituals, this isn't one that should be taken lightly. Even for a being of your level, it would involve some very dangerous situations."

It was too early to tell if Nrvnqsr would help or hinder us in our mission, but either way, it would be good to explain the situation. If nothing else, filling him in on the important parts makes him less likely to get annoyed with us later.

"Of course, we could hardly try to stop you if you insisted on coming. So, if you wanted us to explain the specifics of the ritual...?"

alfheimwanderer
August 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

On hearing a new individual speak up, the Dead Apostle Ancestor turned to regard this heretofore silent mage, who mentioned that the ritual they were to undertake in Japan, the thaumturgical backwater of the world, was to be a dangerous one - dangerous even for a being such as he. Odd that, since there were few things in the world capable of posing a threat to one of the first 10 Dead Apostle Ancestors, with he himself being one of the most dangerous, given the difficulty of completely killing true Chaos. He supposed there would be no harm in hearing them out, since the situation was curious enough to alleviate even his boredom.

"Yes, I think that an explanation would be in order," Nrvnqsr Chaos rumbled, his voice like two slabs of granite grinding ponderously against one another. "On the nature of this ritual, what is involved, and how the Winter Saint comes into play."

HolySeraph
September 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Serafina

"Yes, I think that an explanation would be in order," Nrvnqsr Chaos rumbled, his voice like two slabs of granite grinding ponderously against one another. "On the nature of this ritual, what is involved, and how the Winter Saint comes into play."
I debated with myself over what to say next. Kyle had slipped more than I planned and now Nrvnqsr wanted the details. It was likely to come to this either way. May as well give him the details he has asked for.

"This ritual is known as the Holy Grail war created by the Winter Saint along with the Tohsaka and Matou families. The Einzberns hoped this ritual would retrieve the Third Magic. The other families have their own wishes. The ritual is a war of servants, Heroic Spirits from history whose life made their mark on humanity. While both the Church and Association are involved, the main threat are the Servants who carry the glories of ages past. The Winter Saint has become a part of this ritual...which has become corrupted. And thus we have been contracted and placed within this war by the Winter Saint to prevent this corruption from creating an disaster."

alfheimwanderer
September 10th, 2012, 02:02 AM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

"Corrupted?" the Dead Apostle Ancestor echoed, his mind processing the nature of the intrigues the...magi before him had implied. "HUsing Heroic Spirits to power a ritual no less. And you intend to fight these beings? Or their corrupt forms? Fascinating...perhaps one might even see the emergence of some dark god."

It was an interesting premise, and it implied that the Winter Saint was not happy with those currently participating - or that at least those in it were unaware of its corruption, perhaps. Why these though, these...freelancers to deal with agents of the Church and Association who would no doubt be armed to the teeth? After all, the Third Magic - or whatever else might be gained from a ritual of that magnitude - would no doubt be...tempting.

And these characters had been sealed away for three years? Clearly, the Winter Saint - or her representative - did not want anyone to be aware of their presence, or potential skills - which he was sure they had, if they had been chosen for such a task. The task of preventing a disaster - but not, mind you, stopping the ritual...

'Meaning the Winter Saint is deeply involved with it somehow, perhaps as the ritual's core? Yes, that would fit...'

Certainly it would explain why they knew of the corruption when other parties might not - it wasn't as if the modern Einzbern family itself would hire outsiders unless it was absolutely necessary, given their pride.

"Then perhaps it would be wise if I came after all," he rumbled, a thin, almost sharklike smile. "After all, who knows more of rituals and arcane lore than an ancient Dead Apostle? And I did once owe the Winter Saint a favor."

HolySeraph
September 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

"Then perhaps it would be wise if I came after all," he rumbled, a thin, almost sharklike smile. "After all, who knows more of rituals and arcane lore than an ancient Dead Apostle? And I did once owe the Winter Saint a favor."
"Any assistance you could provide towards the accomplishment of our mission would be appreciated. We will be departing soon after we make the last of our preparations here. Is it safe to presume you will accompany us to the East then?"

alfheimwanderer
September 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

"Then I suppose we have come to an arrangement," the Dead Apostle Ancestor said, rather affably for a walking instrument of destruction. "Save for the fact that I will require the location of this ritual, as I have business to attend to elsewhere, and my beasts inform me that a representative of the Sea of Estray is en route. Though I was once of their number, I suspect they would have no wish to know I was present and that you would be better served if I were simply to meet you there."

He paused for a moment, his eyes falling on the homunculus who led the group.

"You will of course, keep the wolf statue with you at all times to notify me should my presence prove necessary," the Beast of Chaos intoned solemnly, his lips drawing up into a thin imitation of a smile. "Aside from that, are there anything you would require? My route will take me East over land, and it would be a simple thing to arrange for transport."

HolySeraph
September 25th, 2012, 01:43 AM
"You will of course, keep the wolf statue with you at all times to notify me should my presence prove necessary," the Beast of Chaos intoned solemnly, his lips drawing up into a thin imitation of a smile. "Aside from that, are there anything you would require? My route will take me East over land, and it would be a simple thing to arrange for transport."
"Hmm...I should be able to manage that," I responded with nod as I kept my focus on the discussion, "As for the site of the ritual, it is located in the Japanese city of Fuyuki. I'll see about contacting you once we're set up within the city to notify you of our arrival. I don't believe I have anything I require that needs your assistance..." I left off as I glance at my comrades to see if they had any request of their own.

EnigmaticFellow
October 2nd, 2012, 12:09 AM
Christopher Monroe
Meeting with NRVNQSR

"I don't believe I have anything I require that needs your assistance..."

"There is something that may need your assistance, Nero," I state as I brought attention to myself.

"We have reasons to believe that someone from the Clock Tower's Department of Spiritual Evocation is likely to participate in the Holy Grail War. Due to the recognition of his peers, it is most likely that Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi will be participating; though, our intel is admittedly outdated. Still, it likely does not change the mans status as a prodigy."

"What we request is for you to assassinate both Kayneth El-Melloi and his Fiancé, Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri."

alfheimwanderer
October 2nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

"Fuyuki City, is it?" the ancient vampire repeated, nodding slightly as the aura of menace about him faded into something almost neutral. "A backwater indeed, out of the usual eyes of the Association - certainly in the time that the Winter Saint lived."

The Ancestor supposed it would have made for an ideal location to conceal the workings of an ritual involving Heroic Spirits and wishes - especially given the immense quantities of prana involved in maintaining the forms of each--

'Prana...in that quantity? That would certainly grant wishes, but when those spirits return to the Throne of Heroes, would that not...?'

The Beast of Chaos almost - almost - frowned as an odd thought caught his mind. A ritual permitting the Einzbern to regain the knowledge of the Third Magic implied more than simply power - it implied access to the Root itself. For such an attempt not to have been shut down implied powerful patronage, and possibly the backing of one who had already touched the Akasha and gained knowledge from it.

...which meant that the 4th might be involved, the notorious master of jewels who even the Lord of the White Wing feared, and if that were so, then this was indeed a very dangerous game, meant more for the amusement of one of the oldest and most powerful of them than for any true fulfillment of a wish. Rather ambitious as well, though he supposed, not more than wishing to see true chaos. Perhaps he might see if he could participate in this most dangerous game as well, as all vampires feared boredom most of all.

"I believe I shall be able to locate you then," Nrvnqsr intoned, noting the identities - and unique prana signatures - of each individual present. "As for the elimination of a representative of Euryphis, I suspect you ask as the Tower would not be quick to cooperate with freelancers. Very well - that can be arranged."

And if Heroic Spirits were truly in play, he felt no need to hold back - refuge in audacity might well be what kept him safe as others searched for the identity of a Spirit's Noble Phantasm.

"Is there aught else?"

mangafreak7793
October 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Meeting with NRVNQSR

Finally getting my voice back and my bodily control back from being frozen in hear I voiced a small request. "If along the way if you happen to cross a military facility can you procure some materials for explosives like containers and the like, also we need some way of communicating with others as well so maybe a radio with a hardly used frequency and some firearms doesn't matter what model you can find as long as their is plenty of ammunition to supply it"

alfheimwanderer
October 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

"Hmph," the Dead Apostle Ancestor replied to the request for military hardware. "We shall see. That is not my first priority, but should I come across some, it shall be delivered. Could you not simply purchase those items though? I doubt the Winter Saint would have left you without the ability to deal with expenses."

mangafreak7793
October 8th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Meeting with NRVNQSR

"Hahaha..." A nervous laughter left me as I scratch my head in nervousness while replying. "Well I'm a bit of a miser and we don't know what will happen so having an emergency fund will be useful but of coarse if you can't find anything along the way, I'll invest in said items when I happen to find them."

alfheimwanderer
October 9th, 2012, 04:51 AM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

"A miser is it?" the ancient vampire repeated. "There are worse things to be than a spendthrift - though there are limits on what I am willing to acquire for you. An artifact or two I am willing to entertain. Modern weapons and the requisite ammunition is...not as likely. With that in mind, were there other requests?"

Elyrin
October 11th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Safehouse
Meeting with Nrvnqsr

Sera is done, Chris is done, and Uyehara is done. The group is mostly just standing around, shooting an occasional glace at each other, so either everyone is done or too nervous to speak up. If there is any such thing as a good time to bring up the idea I've been going over, it would be now.

"I did have one request, actually. If you have no problem with it, I'd like to travel to Japan with you." It's a strange request, and Nrvnqsr is probably more likely to refuse than accept, but it's still something I need to ask. "I could keep an eye out for anything that might be useful to any of us, since you don't exactly know our abilities. I don't know if there would be anything I could help with in return, but if something does come up, you'd have my full cooperation."

alfheimwanderer
October 11th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Nrvnqsr Chaos
Closing of Meeting with Group

Of the many ways for the Dead Apostle Ancestor to respond to such a request, perhaps none would have expected the Black Beast of Chaos, a dangerous predator among predators, to laugh. But laugh he did, a low, almost grating sound reminiscent of metal scraping against metal.

"If you wish to travel with me, that will be acceptable, though I wonder if you can keep up with an old vampire?" the ancient monster replied. "I will of course make inquiries of you as well, in exchange for my protection."

It was obvious that he was amused - a good thing for all involved.

"Gather what you need and let us be off. A magus of Estray draws nearer, and I would wish to be away from that meddlesome priest."

Elyrin
October 16th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Safehouse
End of Meeting

It was the most I could do to keep a straight face when Nrvnqsr laughed at my question. Not sure if I would have done the same and laughed at the absurdity, or shuddered at the sound he was making, but neither one was likely to end well. Nodding at the ancient vampire and doing my best to ignore my skin crawling, I quickly withdrew from the meeting room to grab my things, not letting myself breathe until the door was closed.

It would probably take quite the effort to keep up with Nrvnqsr, but luckily, there wasn't much that I had to carry. Some clothes, a little food and water, my special gloves, and the prana-storing mystic code were pretty much the only things to my name. There were a few knives, but nothing particularly noteworthy, and the small supply was likely to vanish quickly considering how I used them. With nothing else to grab, I quickly found myself pushing open the door back to the meeting room.

"Well, it looks like I have everything. I'm ready to go, Nrvnqsr."

mangafreak7793
October 16th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Safehouse
End of Meeting

I onlystared at our companion slack jawed and shock at his request and even more so as Chaos's response and him being ready to go only served as the final push to find my voice. "Are you really serious about this?"

I started slowly as I begin to gather my wits. "Do you really think this is a good idea, if so I won't stop you but be careful...."

With that I gave him a firm handshake to say my farewell.

"Don't forget the souvenirs."

HolySeraph
October 17th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Safehouse
Meeting with Nrvnqsr

Sera is done, Chris is done, and Uyehara is done. The group is mostly just standing around, shooting an occasional glace at each other, so either everyone is done or too nervous to speak up. If there is any such thing as a good time to bring up the idea I've been going over, it would be now.

"I did have one request, actually. If you have no problem with it, I'd like to travel to Japan with you." It's a strange request, and Nrvnqsr is probably more likely to refuse than accept, but it's still something I need to ask. "I could keep an eye out for anything that might be useful to any of us, since you don't exactly know our abilities. I don't know if there would be anything I could help with in return, but if something does come up, you'd have my full cooperation.""Interesting idea. Still, come back to us safely. I don't know of any specific artifacts I could request, other than perhaps something as ambitious as the Philosopher's stone. Still, if you find anything anything for my alchemy or my combat skills, I would be grateful. If nothing else, something so I can stand out less would be nice."

Yun
October 17th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Safehouse
End of Meeting

It was the most I could do to keep a straight face when Nrvnqsr laughed at my question. Not sure if I would have done the same and laughed at the absurdity, or shuddered at the sound he was making, but neither one was likely to end well. Nodding at the ancient vampire and doing my best to ignore my skin crawling, I quickly withdrew from the meeting room to grab my things, not letting myself breathe until the door was closed.

It would probably take quite the effort to keep up with Nrvnqsr, but luckily, there wasn't much that I had to carry. Some clothes, a little food and water, my special gloves, and the prana-storing mystic code were pretty much the only things to my name. There were a few knives, but nothing particularly noteworthy, and the small supply was likely to vanish quickly considering how I used them. With nothing else to grab, I quickly found myself pushing open the door back to the meeting room.

"Well, it looks like I have everything. I'm ready to go, Nrvnqsr."
Well I'm terrible with saying goodbye but considering all the times we joked about Lancers and their terrible luck it'd best to part with Kyle on a good note.

"Since your paying a visit to Kayneth assuming you've the time please grab something possessing a steep learning curve for Christopher. Also if you see anything that looks like an interesting read I'd appreciate it if you'd take it for me, although don't bother if everything has safeguards against theft because their almost certainly irreplaceable items as are various other things in life."

EnigmaticFellow
October 17th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Christopher Monroe
Closing of Meeting with Group

If Elyrin wishes to travel with Nero, I might as well milk this opportunity for all that it's worth, especially due to the Ancestor going off to kill Kayneth.

"Well Kyle, Jon does bring up a good point. Volumen Hydragyrum is a rather potent mystic code that I can utilize somewhere down the line and should probably be something of top priority of attaining should it be possible. Meanwhile, Kayneth is likely to have other interesting resources should they be acquirable."

alfheimwanderer
October 17th, 2012, 10:47 PM
NRVNQSR Chaos, Safehouse
Meeting with Residents

The ancient vampire looked upon those gathered there, noting with interest the request for a Philosopher's Stone, the formulation of which was the best kept secret of Atlas. Even the Black Beast himself knew little about how that particular artifact was supposed to be created, and he had knowledge stemming from the Age of Gods. Nevertheless, he remained silent, watching the residents say their various goodbyes to one another, speaking grandiosely of plundering items from high-level magi.

If nothing else, they seemed confident, though only time would tell whether this stemmed from competence or foolhardiness.

"If you are finished, then we go," Chaos rumbled, the door opening as he moved, a whirring congregation of shadows following behind. Almost as an afterthought, something like a great maw of darkness swallowed Elyrin up, and moments later, amidst a flurry of raven wings, they were gone, leaving only the remaining residents of the safehouse behind.

100%

Sea of Estray Representative
Safehouse

In his long years of long existence, the man who had been called many things in his life from the Wandering Jew to Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, had seen much of the world - and had become rather tired of existence in his current state, ever since he had been cursed with the inability to die. That was the trouble with immortality, however one got it: one sometimes became bored. After all, what did power, wealth, or such matter when one had seen it all before?

As such, he did not pursue leadership in any organization, or seek to dominate the minds of others (at least not more than once a century), simply being content with being a field representative.

Those often got to see more interesting things and dealt with less of the evils called paperwork anyway.

This time, the old monk came upon a Safehouse which had winked out of existence three years ago - and had only recently reappeared, sensing the lingering traces of the power of Chaos.

'Odd...so the Black Beast was here...'

One of the oddest of DAAs, one could never be sure what his agenda was.

In any case, he now approached, with instructions to assist those within with whatever was needed, knowing that was once the retreat of the Winter Saint.

"Greetings," he said, looking upon the motley group. "You are the ones in service to the lady Justica?"

mangafreak7793
October 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Masahide Uyehara
Safehouse

As I see Elyrin being taken int the confines of Chaos and flown away in a fashion suiting of the man of contains 666 beasts and as I wave to our somewhat shaky ally until their out of sight, I begin to sigh in worry. "I wonder if he'll really be alright."

As I pull the map to see which direction their heading, I began to notice another foreign icon heading our way with the caption "Grigori" on it.....

'Strange I never heard of him and doesn't seem to be a DA....I think." I gulped in nervousness as turned to the direction where he'll come to contact with us.

"Greetings," he said, looking upon the motley group. "You are the ones in service to the lady Justica?"

This 'Grigori' looked rather aged....yet he seems much older then he let's on.....could he really be a DA.

"Ummmm, That really depends on who's talking sir." I muttered to the old man. "Will it be not so much to reveal your name or rather your purpose, Mr.Grigori, Was it?"

alfheimwanderer
October 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Safehouse

"Ah, cautious are you?" the old Russian-looking man inquired, frowning slightly as he looked at the one who had addressed him. "Well, I suppose there can be no harm in that. My most recent name is Grigori Yefimovich, and I am a representative of the Sea of Estray. Several hours ago, we were notified of an alert at this safehouse, as it had reverted back into this dimension - and there is a standing order from several hundred years ago that those from the safehouses be rendered any assistance Estray is capable of providing."

That had been a time of strife and chaos, with the Church clashing openly with magi, after all - one could explain the actions of the Templars and the Illuminati through things such as that (though in modern times, what remained of the two organizations were far removed from their original roots, with the Illuminati mostly active in the Americas).

He produced a scroll made of old parchment, with shimmering lines written on it - ancient words of contract.

"So, as I am charged with offering aid, are you the ones in service to the Winter Saint? If so, then simply sign this compact, and let us see what we can do for one another."

mangafreak7793
October 18th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Masahide Uyehara
Safehouse

"Sorry....for the rudeness, representative." I gave a small bow as I quickly apology. "Can't be too careful considering the last visitor however I think our leader should take over the discussions for now."

I move myself away from Grigori's path motioning him towards the other members of our group.

HolySeraph
October 18th, 2012, 01:49 AM
"So, as I am charged with offering aid, are you the ones in service to the Winter Saint? If so, then simply sign this compact, and let us see what we can do for one another."
"I would like to read the wording of the contract first." My voice was polite, but I suspect that some suspicion would of leaked through to someone as ancient as this man. Presuming he is that old Russian and not someone who happens to have the same name anyway.

alfheimwanderer
October 18th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Safehouse

The old monk/magus chuckled dryly as the one who appeared to be the leader of this group - and who was indeed the very image of the Winter Saint - asked to read the contract, no doubt suspicious about the timing of his arrival and what was written on the parchment.

'Very good, cautious as they should be...being too ready to sign would have been suspicious...'

"By all means, examine it," the old Russian said graciously. "Contract is basic identity verification, yes? Since we will offer aid, you vow that at this moment, you are not an enemy of Estray or a member of the Holy Church. If you are under geas, note that as well, as it will register this and whose power you are under. Just remember that any lies will lead to the burning out of your circuits and quite possibly a slow and lingering death."

His lips turned up in a cold, bloodless smile.

"But you should have nothing to worry about, because you tell truth, yes?"

HolySeraph
October 18th, 2012, 02:44 AM
"By all means, examine it," the old Russian said graciously. "Contract is basic identity verification, yes? Since we will offer aid, you vow that at this moment, you are not an enemy of Estray or a member of the Holy Church. If you are under geas, note that as well, as it will register this and whose power you are under. Just remember that any lies will lead to the burning out of your circuits and quite possibly a slow and lingering death."

His lips turned up in a cold, bloodless smile.

"But you should have nothing to worry about, because you tell truth, yes?"
"Of course," I said with a false smile. I had already confirmed that the contract is a one time verification that we weren't an enemy of Estray or a member of the Church and signed the contract.

EnigmaticFellow
October 18th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Christopher Monroe
Safehouse

Besides noting to myself how interesting the representative's name was, I looked into the terms of the contract and found nothing disagreeable about them. After all, I am working under the banner of the Winter Saint, and I am not a member of the Holy Church.

With a quick flourish, I also signed the contract.

Yun
October 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Jon Snow
Safehouse

After looking over the contract to confirm that nothing in it would conflict with the repayment of the debt I owed to Lady Justica and anyone willing to assist me in with this task is not an enemy for the foreseeable future nor am I a member of the Holy Church, I also sign the contract.

alfheimwanderer
October 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Safehouse

Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin looked on as the gathered individuals signed the contract, one after another, and none of them collapsed into a screaming, smoldering heap of charred circuits and burnt out flesh. It seemed all of them truly were telling the truth, which was rather unexpected. In his experience, when mysterious groups appeared out of the woodwork, claiming to be on a special mission for one group or another, at least one of them tended to be a spy - usually for the Holy Church. Even now, when the Association and Church had stepped back from their games of thaumaturgical brinksmanship, they tended to try to test each other's defenses and security, as the great struggle continued in the shadows.

"Well, it seems you are who you say you are," he said with his thin smile, now somewhat curious about who these were. To invoke the Winter Saint was not a small thing - that name, of a long-vanished Archmagus - garnered much respect even now, and no one was sure if she was entirely gone. "So, what can the Sea of Estray do for you?"

He gave them a critical glance, surveying their surroundings.

"I assume transport to whatever location you require is in order? Perhaps...documentation of some sort?" he inquired mildly, taking out what looked a notebook and jotting down a few notes. "Or do you have more...unconventional requests?"

HolySeraph
May 19th, 2013, 11:20 PM
SerafinaJon's SafehouseIt was early day and it appears that Zouken did end up investigation Shinji's story after learning of Masahide's encounter. Still, it doesn't change much except now I'm much less of a surprise. But our meeting wasn't until the meeting so I had time to prepare. I likely should scout the area and perhaps discuss the upcoming meeting with Justica more. At the least, I wanted to see if I could improve my mental strength to withstand her presence. That said, Jon had implied he was able to reveal our plans the truth of the grail to Rider. I am curious on what her feelings on the matter were. Still...I must remember to watch my words. Assassin is likely spying everyone. Makes me miss Caster's presence a bit more in that regard."Rider, I hope you are doing well. if you don't mind me asking, what have your thoughts on the war have been so far?"

HolySeraph
May 19th, 2013, 11:20 PM
SerafinaJon's SafehouseIt was early day and it appears that Zouken did end up investigation Shinji's story after learning of Masahide's encounter. Still, it doesn't change much except now I'm much less of a surprise. But our meeting wasn't until the meeting so I had time to prepare. I likely should scout the area and perhaps discuss the upcoming meeting with Justica more. At the least, I wanted to see if I could improve my mental strength to withstand her presence. That said, Jon had implied he was able to reveal our plans the truth of the grail to Rider. I am curious on what her feelings on the matter were. Still...I must remember to watch my words. Assassin is likely spying everyone. Makes me miss Caster's presence a bit more in that regard."Rider, I hope you are doing well. if you don't mind me asking, what have your thoughts on the war have been so far?"