PDA

View Full Version : The Wizard Vagabond - Dungeons and Dragons Campaign

Pages : [1] 2

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 01:49 AM
Well, here it is. Five_X decided to make an RP, and it's sort of different form the norm, in that it's a plain old Dungeons and Dragons campaign, done in the classic fantasy style. No BS, no fancy, pre-planned storytelling, and no random RP junk.

Yes, it's an ordinary RP, going back to the roots of the style.

"But wait, Five! This is your first RP here!"

I've been DM/GMing for years now, and playing for even longer. I've learned from some really, really smart DMs, and beat them at their own game. I'd say I've got the creds to pull this off, and more importantly to pull my own weight as a DM.

The campaign will take you to the land of Trasemmia, a continent rich in culture and laid out much like you'd expect a fantasy setting to be, with fantasy counterpart cultures and such.

You find yourselves captured, tortured for information, and mysteriously left to rot in a dungeon far from civilization. Why were you brought there? What has happened in the world? That is for you all to find out, but the one thing that seems to tie it all together is a story, in numerous parts, of a vagabond wizard traveling the dusty wild roads, speaking few words to those he deigns to converse with.

This RP is basically invite only, and has a 4 or 5 player, non-negotiable hard cap. I'm the GM, and only people with a history of good, interesting RPing will be allowed in. The timeframe will be pretty loose, but I'll be making note of the days and weeks that pass; traveling, quests and the like will be done according to realistic periods of time, so you won't be able to run off to the nearest town as soon as the RP starts.

However, don't think that the rules will be so harsh. I want people to be pretty active, and you'll generally be going about as a group, but you're mostly free to do what you like when it comes to quests, character interactions, etc. I'm more than willing to bend rules when necessary, as D&D is not perfectly balanced. PM me if you want to play a class or style that's technically underpowered but would be fun for RPing and such or is just goddamn cool, like those knight guys from Frostburn that ride on friggin' woolly rhinos. Like, holy crap, that is awesome.

Be sure to include small backstories with your characters, too.

This RP is Dungeons and Dragons 3.5; I've played 2.0 and 4.0, but this one is overall better for playing, in my humble opinion. No Pathfinder! :P

You will be able to use the Core Rulebooks (PHB, DMG) for making characters as well as the "Complete" series, the Book of Exalted Deeds, Book of Vile Darkness, Frostburn (goddamn woolly rhinos!), Libris Mortis, Masters of the Wild, Oriental Adventures, Stormwrack, and that one about deserts or pirates or whatever. You can be any PC race, with templates up to my decision. Ask about them over PM or in this thread.

If you don't know how to make a D&D character or have little D&D experience, PM me or post in this thread; there are certainly people like me who can help you! You all start at level 1, by the way.

If you get a PM in your inbox regarding this in the relatively near future, then you're automatically accepted into the RP - assuming that you want to join, of course.

Well, I think that's about it. You can petition for a spot if you want to join, but remember: 4-5 player hardcap, and entrance restrictions! I am a DM as well as a bouncer!

Here's the setting's background and locale information. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bdleU-L8911hniAc5ihjsWNDEt2Ie1s4f59QfyJuTxM/edit?hl=en_US)

Players so far...

1. LeopardBear
2. Lethum
3. Bloble
4. Froggie
5. Erlkonig

Oh, one last note:

NO PSIONICS, NO TOME OF BATTLE.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 03:02 AM
Gigglesquee. My comment for this can be summed up as gigglesquee.

lethum
January 3rd, 2012, 03:09 AM
I remember that the prestige class 'Ninja' existed. Would it be viable?

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 03:11 AM
As can mine, Leo. As can mine.

This will most definitely be interesting! I fucking love D&D, and in a scenario like this, where I don't have to worry about group meetups... it's perfect.

Oh, yeah: I'll be doing basically all of the rolls, most likely.

lethum
January 3rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Well, reading up on that class, it seems like a nice choice, provided it's balanced by the environment/GM.

If you'll have me, I'm game?

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Hmmm... Yes, lethum, I think there's a Ninja class (or at least, prestige class or something, possibly a full class) in one of the Completes.

You'd be welcome to join!

lethum
January 3rd, 2012, 03:26 AM
Excellent! Also, feel free to capitalize my nick. I simply forgot, when I registered.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 03:29 AM
Ah, capitals schmapitals.

I hope you have fun, and I hope people I PMed are willing to join this. Of course, like you, people can ask to join and I might just let them. It's just that this is srs intense RPG, and there are inherently limited spaces.

DMing a large D&D group is suffering. ;_;

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 03:39 AM
Well, I'm absolutely most definitely joining this!

RP that's actually got hard rolls and no randomness? Yes!
RP that's being lead by Five_X? Hell yes!
RP that's the freaking D&D with a minimum player cap for less faffing about? Hell fucking yes!

Five, I am so joining this. Totally.

Ah, right. I've never played Dungeons and Dragons before! Could uh... someone explain it to me?

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Dungeons and Dragons, initial steps, hmmm...

Well, first you have to make an idea for a character, I guess. Something simple, not too complex. Then, pick a class - probably, since you're a beginner, one of the simple ones like Rogue, Fighter, Cleric, Barbarian, Ranger, Wizard... or for more complex guys, Sorcerer, Bard and Druid. Fighter, naturally, is easiest class.

Then (or before, really) you pick a race - human, elf, dwarf, halfling - you know. I'll probably put up the core books, actually. Since Wizards of the Coast isn't publishing them anymore, it should be within reason to host them on mediafire or something for you people.

Oh, and then there's skill points, and feats... though you people won't be getting any gold or items at the start; you'll have to find those! :D

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 04:00 AM
Hm... the most experience I've gotten with Dungeons and Dragons is from reading Order of the Stick. And I just watched the Hobbit trailer recently, so...

Halfling Ranger go!

Elyrin
January 3rd, 2012, 04:01 AM
Somehow, I see this ending badly.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 04:05 AM
Bilbo was pretty much more of a Rogue, really. The archetypal halfling rogue.

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 04:15 AM
Huh. Halfling rogue it is then!

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
You're added to the list, then!

That makes for maybe 2 spots left.

Fangstrike
January 3rd, 2012, 04:24 AM
The setting's definitely interesting and great for a character idea I recently had, which would fit really well with the tortured/captured scenario, but I'm a DnD amateur - as in no knowledge aside from having heard about DnD before. I don't think being an LoK fan qualifies.

Are classes aside from the Mage-types allowed to use magic because the archetype I had in mind was a Rogue who augmented his abilities via magic. He's not a Rogue who'd suddenly start spouting firebalss, but more of the type to like use an invisibility spell for stealth, a curse to assissinate, or some other spell to unlock a dangerous trap.

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
Wait, Fang, you're thinking of doing a rogue? Because if you are I might switch to Paladin or Wizard. No sense in having a non varied party.

Fangstrike
January 3rd, 2012, 06:03 AM
Wait, Fang, you're thinking of doing a rogue? Because if you are I might switch to Paladin or Wizard. No sense in having a non varied party.

Ah, that's true. My bad. You stay as the Hobbit Rogue; that's too cool and hilarious to pass up.

Maybe I'll go for some kind of warrior type. Do we have Dark Knights/Paladins or something? I'm looking to make a really tortured/cutthroat character type this time and I want his class to reflect that. And since I always go for the glass canon mage-types, I want to take a step away from that, but not completely abandon magic.

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
I'd go for Paladin, personally. But then again, that's just because I think Paladins are really cool.

I hear they have tons of restrictions, though. And Lawful Good is hard to RP apparently...

Fangstrike
January 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
I'd go for Paladin, personally. But then again, that's just because I think Paladins are really cool.

I hear they have tons of restrictions, though. And Lawful Good is hard to RP apparently...

No darkside version of the Paladins? Like a Paladin that worships a dark god?

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 06:19 AM

No idea. I'd guess that there are, though, considering that you get to play as Evil if you want to.

xelloss
January 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joining this.

Froggie
January 3rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
I'd be interested in this, except that I don't know anything about D&D.

Well, that's a lie. I know the basics from my brother, but probably not enough to be able to play this.

Shame, since I've been really interested in playing a fantasy game for a while now.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM

Uh, shit, I remember those in one of the books... I think it was an Unearthed Arcana variant? But it exists for sure.

Katie
January 3rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Eager D&D noob would like to play.

I think i could pick up the ropes fairly quickly, and I've been itching to play D&D since forever, but it seems like I was the only one interested around my area. Hope I grab a spot.

xelloss
January 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
I think I'll play an Elven Wizard of some nature. I'll have to look deeper into how races and classes work in this setting. The cultural background is most important.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Aaaaahhh so many people! ;_;

Well, I'll wait a while, and then pick the last two people. I'll have to work long and hard to think of everyone I've got... but it's those damned CYBORG ENGINEERS!

xelloss
January 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry.

I was kind of hoping to use this to get over my current trouble with rping. Something new and different than yet another nasuverse rp sounds perfect right now.

The limit on PCs is also attractive.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
I think I'll play an Elven Wizard of some nature. I'll have to look deeper into how races and classes work in this setting. The cultural background is most important.

Going to second this comment. A bit of setting background would be nice for character creation.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Ah. I'll add that in soon enough, don't worry. It won't be too much, though, since a big part of this is sort of you guys finding out about the setting and me making stuff up.

My campaigns tend to be extremely memetic, so if you see recurring (in0universe, not internet) characters or references and stuff, that's intentional. :P

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
In universe, but not internet... well, there go my hopes of seeing Old Spice guy show up and turn our enemies' guts into DIAMONDS.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Heh, no, but I'd say the things you'll find will be funnier than that, since in-jokes will be created basically by you players as we go along.

Of course, I probably will include at least a couple jokes about the usual fantasy stuff. This is meant to be both a serious and a fun campaign, really.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
So anyway, Bloble has the thief role down, we need... need arcane, divine, tank. Shall I take arcane caster?

DarkMAN
January 3rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
If there's still place then I would like to join this. Haven't played D&D in a long time.

Yun
January 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
So anyway, Bloble has the thief role down, we need... need arcane, divine, tank. Shall I take arcane caster?Assuming Five_X selects me for one of the remaining player slots I'd play the divine caster.

xelloss
January 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
I would have no problems with arcane caster, if that's what I think it is.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 04:12 PM
It means Wizard/Incantrix persisted Shapechange. :3

xelloss
January 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Well, I did want to be Wizard.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mmm, if we have 5 people we can easily run 2 wizard. Or I can Mailman.

Froggie
January 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Mailman? What?

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
...I need to stop using the charop terms. Basically, the direct damage DPS Sorcerer.

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
So the guy who's only job it is to nuke the living hell out of the enemies with ridiculous damage?

What's the class that does buffs and status effects like poison?

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Buffs are... usually divine caster, but you don't buff others with that. Debuffs are debatable.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Don't worry guys, I've almost got the loads and loads of background stuff done!

Also, Froggie, I PM'ed you; you should join this RP! I can teach you how to play beyond the basics that you know already, and such. Even if people don't know D&D, they can be in this RP so long as they are interested. I'm fine with teaching.

Yun
January 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
So the guy who's only job it is to nuke the living hell out of the enemies with ridiculous damage?

What's the class that does buffs and status effects like poison?divine caster usually deals with buffs buffs,healing, sometimes status effects and possibly being the tank/off-tank depending on the party build.

Katie
January 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Willing to be the tank if I make it in, because, you know, it seems to be what I do best.

Punch stuff in the face after asking questions.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Sounds like you. Divine Metamagic go!

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Updated the OP. Go check out the document that's there. Happy reading!

Froggie
January 3rd, 2012, 05:00 PM
I got your message, Five. I'm interested, yes. Just slow to reply since I'm at work. I would be interested in playing a paladin or something else in heavy armor.

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Whoa, this world or continent sounds a lot like Canada with a desert in the middle.

And Froggie, you should totally be a paladin! They're all righteous and stuff!

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Ah, okay.

Well, I don't think we have a confirmed tank yet... let me check the DMG/PHB I and II.

Okay, back.

Your main class choices for heavy armoured characters are basically these three:

Fighter (very versatile and easy, lots of feats which are awesome, best for branching into different prestige classes later on)
Paladin (Lawful Good, religious, has special mount, some divine magic, can't take many prestige classes except Blackguard)
Knight (Any Lawful alignment (Good, Neutral or Evil), CHIVALRY, sorta complex, better fighters than paladins, good defense)

All three are pretty cool in their own way, and the Knight and Paladin offer interesting roleplaying situations, with their chivalric and religious codes, respectively.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Froggie! Take Samurai!

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Double post because I forgot: Also, you could take Cleric as Human and take the bonus feat as heavy armor proficiency.

Katie
KNIIIIIIIIIIGHTS

interest spike 100%

Five_X
Ooh, yes, Samurai. I'd have to buff it a bit, and go over some in-universe RP things with Froggie... but yeah, that'd work, certainly.

xelloss
January 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
This sounds totally awesome Five.

Zel-Reach!

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Oh yes, you'd only have to buff a bit. :D

xelloss
January 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Did Samurai suck or something?

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah. It's kind of like a Fighter, but without the stuff that makes Fighter actually good. Except I tend to buff that, because Samurai hell yeah.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Samurai was possibly the worse base class in the official 3.5 books.

^ Except Fighter isn't good.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Fighter is good in that it gets a lot of feats and is ridiculously versatile. Samurai doesn't let you take prestige classes but doesn't have super awesome abilities to compensate.

DarkMAN
January 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Be OP and go for a monk.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Oh god monks.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
ackbar.jpg

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Anyhow, Froggie, the Knight, Fighter, Paladin and Samurai are all heavy armour base classes; once I select one last person we can really get in depth with character creation and such. Remember, we're not here to fight against each other, so freely post your stuff in this thread.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Five, remind me: is the Orb spell line in PHBII?

lethum
January 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Leo's knowledge makes me aware of how I only played with the PHI and the MMI, both of them years ago. Still! I can move!

Also: Corlencia is in the Southwestern corner of the sea but the biggest city of the East?

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
^^ Doesn't seem like it, no.

^ Yes. The sea is in the East part of the continent, ending with the plains and desert, then lands mostly unknown to you.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Shit, they aren't? Well darn, that makes Mailmanning annoying. Probably in Spell compenwhatladksjfa; (which naturally I don't have)

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Oh yeah, spell compendius. Compendius? That was a typo but a cool typo so whatever.

Anyhow, you can use that book. I probably have it, and I'll provide a download link for all applicable 3.5e books.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Currently uploading (most of) the books. There will be two pdfs for you to download, at about 430 megabytes in total. It's a surprising amount, yeah, but pdf files can be pretty large when they're not the super sleek, cool ones.

lethum
January 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Okay.

Vanathor
January 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
If I can somehow manage a spot then I would definitely be interested in this. So some background information on me as a favor.

I have been playing DnD on and off for the past three or four years, (hence my username the Dragon Bard FTW) along with other systems mostly Fate, Exalted, and GURPS. I am an experienced player as well as a GM (though the latter is not really applicable here) in 3.5 and I like to think I know what I am doing. I would be happy to help out the other less experienced players were I to get a spot, and well....yay for dice.You can NEVER have enough dice.

Character wise I would be thinking a Lawful Evil Elven Cleric that dabbles in necromancy is right up my alley.

Xamusel
January 3rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
If you have a spot open, Five, I'd be interested in playing...

I don't have the books on hand, but I'd be willing to play, nonetheless. I have some years of playing games like DnD attached to me, and I think I can handle myself in this game nonetheless, if only you'd let me.

Please let me know if there's room, Five, before I get all creative with the character.

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Okay, let's see:

BOOKS YOU NEED:

Player's Handbook
Dungeon Master's Guide
Player's Handbook II
Dungeon Master's Guide II

BOOKS I RECOMMEND:

Complete Warrior
Complete Adventurer
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Champion
Complete Arcane
Complete Mage
Complete Divine
Spell Compendium

OPTIONAL:

Stormwrack
Frostburn
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
Masters of the Wild
Arms and Equipment Guide
Libris Mortis
Tome and Blood

---------------

Sorry I can't provide you these, but my computer keeps messing up and I can't upload them :S

Just look up torrents and whatnot; you won't be able to buy them easily since they're out of print.

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
...I have 7 of those. Why do I have 7 of those.

Elyrin
January 3rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Books I Have: None of those.

Oh yeah, this is gonna be fun. I don't even know if I want to join, or if I'll get in if I do ;_;

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
...D:

I hope my Google-fu is up to par...

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
I'm close to making a decision, at least. By tomorrow I will have the final list.

Xamusel
January 3rd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Okay, I won't make a character unless I get in by any stroke of luck, so...

Bloble
January 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Okay, just to be sure, all these books are for 3.5, and not 4, right?

Katie
January 3rd, 2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah.

DICE GODS PLEASE LET ME JOIN, PLEASE BE NICE TO ME THIS ONCE

Satehi
January 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
>Implying it's dice

I don't really think Five would have to think for a whole day, if that were the case.

Katie
January 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
It's hardcore trolling.

/jk

lethum
January 3rd, 2012, 11:10 PM
Okay, let's see:

BOOKS YOU NEED:

Player's Handbook
Dungeon Master's Guide
Player's Handbook II
Dungeon Master's Guide II

BOOKS I RECOMMEND:

Complete Warrior
Complete Adventurer
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Champion
Complete Arcane
Complete Mage
Complete Divine
Spell Compendium

OPTIONAL:

Stormwrack
Frostburn
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
Masters of the Wild
Arms and Equipment Guide
Libris Mortis
Tome and Blood

---------------

Sorry I can't provide you these, but my computer keeps messing up and I can't upload them :S

Just look up torrents and whatnot; you won't be able to buy them easily since they're out of print.

Hm...I have vuze, so I think I can get them, but...keep trying, please?

Five_X
January 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Is there a better place for me to host the files (free) than Mediafire?

Erlkonig
January 3rd, 2012, 11:48 PM
All of them have to be 3.5, right?

Welp, if all else fails, I can always ask /tg/ for links

SeiKeo
January 3rd, 2012, 11:49 PM
I can give you guys the DL link I got if you want.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Okay, the final five have been chosen!

If you're in the big fancy list in the OP, then you made it in! Congratulations; this RP will start once everyone knows how to play and has characters.

lethum
January 4th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Alright! Having played DnD, I should only need the occasional reminder of what I need to roll for!

That sounded better in my head...

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Roll for anal circumference.

Oh wait this isn't FATAL.

lethum
January 4th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I climb the stairs!

5X: Roll for climb!

Dice:1

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I assume you don't want a lvl 20 full build?

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 12:55 AM
You're all level 1, guys. :P

lethum
January 4th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Oh yeah!

xelloss
January 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Oh well. Better luck next time.

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM
You're all level 1, guys. :P

Level 1 Demigod, rite?

Neir
January 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I've been busy. YES. SIGN. ME. THE FUCK. UP.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM
You're too late, Neir. :|

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM
=(

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Anyhow, we should get discussion going on character creation. I think there are two or three members of the party that have played a good amount of D&D before, and they know what to do, but Froggie and Bloble I know aren't as experienced.

First off, you'll need to print off this: www.wizards.com/dnd/files/PHB_v35_charsheet.zip

Well, unless you have sheets at home, then use those. I'm hoping that later in the day or on the weekend we can get a chat going or something on character creation. While I'll be doing most of the rolls, yes, I'll let you guys do HD rolls (for your hit points) and the 5d6 roll (taking the top three, ignoring rolls below 8) for your stats.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Aaaaaaagh stat rolls 32 pointbuy plz? Also, wait since when did you roll HP at first level?

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Got it.

We have to print this?

...Damn, better tell my mom to go print it at a café or something

Bloble
January 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Oh lord that is a lot to have to write out.

Froggie
January 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Crap. I forgot to bring that file with me to work. Guess I'll see about printing it tomorrow instead. At any rate, do we really need to fill in all that?

lethum
January 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Do we get a time frame for the rolls, or can we just open an account at invisible castle or any of the other online die rollers?

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Stuff you need to fill out: stats, skills, hit points, armour class, initiative, saving throws, feats, special abilities, and spells (if applicable).

And yes Leo, 5d6 stat rolls. Because it's more amusing than point buy, and you can allocate your numbers wherever you feel like. And also yes, Leo, I forgot about no level one hit die rolling. It's just Con modifier + your class' hit die.

As for die rolling programs, Wizards provides: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Froggie
January 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM
So, weird question: why not the new version?

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Why not 4e?

4e is the devil.

EDIT: oh god I'm going to end up spending way too much time this afternoon going through all the PDFs and working this build out.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
4e is absolutely terrible, and all around boring to play. The way the system works makes it great for a D&D MMO, but that's not what D&D is supposed to be. :P

Froggie
January 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Right. Just asking.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
It's also really built for miniatures combat, and makes way less sense if you don't have a battlefield laid out in front of you because of the 50000 push/slide/pull attacks.

DarkMAN
January 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Stuff you need to fill out: stats, skills, hit points, armour class, initiative, saving throws, feats, special abilities, and spells (if applicable).

And yes Leo, 5d6 stat rolls. Because it's more amusing than point buy, and you can allocate your numbers wherever you feel like. And also yes, Leo, I forgot about no level one hit die rolling. It's just Con modifier + your class' hit die.

As for die rolling programs, Wizards provides: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Are you doing the rolls then? Because I don't see how you can prevent cheating with that.

Also it was 4d6 per stat roll. So I assume you want them to have a slightly stronger characters?

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah, 5d6 drop 2 just brings up the average stats.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Yes, slightly stronger characters just to make up for the relative inexperience level of the group.

And yes, I'm doing most rolls (like attack and damage and saving throws and skill checks) but in general I'd say that there shouldn't be too much of a cheating problem going on. Or so I hope!

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
inb4 Kobold Wizard 1 "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu," Candle of Invocation.

DarkMAN
January 4th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hey! Don't laugh at kobolds! My best character was Kobold Barbarian named Zogan!

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Right, will probably have all those books and sheet ready for saturday.

EDIT:

The required ones, not the recommended ones. Fuck that's a long list.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Shit, don't print all the books out D:

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Shit, don't print all the books out D:

You crazy, nigga

Neir
January 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
:'(

lethum
January 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM

As for die rolling programs, Wizards provides: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htmWell, I just mention invisible castle because it keeps a (public? If it's not it we can share an account) history of the rolls you've thrown/rolled + comments on the roll, which sounds fairly convenient.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Okay, then, made an account on there. http://invisiblecastle.com/

The rolls are public, you just have to provide a link to them. So, just everybody make a profile on there, and we can do our own rolls, just as it should be!

xelloss
January 4th, 2012, 05:55 PM
:'(

^My feelings.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28559/

I (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28559/)'ll take them.

EDIT: Wait fuck why the shit did I arrange them like that. 16 in DEX, 14 in CON, 10 in WIS.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Also, just to be clear on this: what books are banned besides XPH and Tome of Battle?

Neir
January 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
All epic feats. :3c

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Shit, not that I can qualify for those anyways XD. I just want to know if I can pull a Warforged Transmuter.

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE THIS INV CASTLE INTERFACE

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:14 PM
No location-specific ones, Leo. I may take monster ideas and stuff from that, but no Eberron/Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms sourcebooks.

Erl: you go to "Roll Stats" for rolling stats, enter your character's name, change "Dice" to 5d6.takeHighest(3) and then arrange yer stats.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 09:20 PM
...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There goes Robot Wizard, along with Incantrix and... and Strongheart Halfling, darn it. Welp, Whisper Gnome coming up.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Oi, stop trying to be super tough and play something interesting RP-wise. :P

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I can't help it, my brain is forcing me to optimize D: Gnomes are interesting! He can have a garden theme!

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28561/

> (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28561/)Wis 8

I'm Shirou. People die when they are killed

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
You can switch those around, you know. Put the stats in wherever you feel they'd fit best.

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Real Men don't fool around with the dice gods like that.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Well, actually, that's a pretty crap rollout anyhow. I'll allow you to reroll once, because with that you have nothing better than a +2 modifier.

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM
OH GOD ROFL

I rolled the most average character in the world!

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28562/

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Jeez. Reroll again, Erl.

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM
http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28563/
(http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28563/)
Aw yeah now we're talking bitches

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:43 PM
There ya go. Two down, three to go. Once stats are done we can do races and classes and all that jazz.

Bloble
January 4th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Oh crap five I think I messed up doing the stats first time.

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28564/

P (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28564/)roblem is I didn't join a campaign, and I forgot to set my stats so they're kinda unbalanced.

Is this okay?

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM
It's fine. Just make sure to fix it for the rest of the rolls you do, and state what yer stats will be moved around to.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Those aren't unbalanced, my stats after racial bonuses are 8/8/11/16/17/18.

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Alright, getting me some handbooks.

Any god tier links, men?

Bloble
January 4th, 2012, 09:51 PM
It's fine. Just make sure to fix it for the rest of the rolls you do, and state what yer stats will be moved around to.

I'm not sure... is this a good stat layout for a rogue like myself? Because if it is I might decide to keep it.

And is it possible to join a campaign, or is that unnecessary?

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty much golden setup on a rogue.

SeiKeo
Alright, getting me some handbooks.

Any god tier links, men?

What class?

Bloble
Yeah, that's a pretty much golden setup on a rogue.

Nice.

And Leo, believe me, I don't want to say this but...

Lucky me. :D

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Rogues need dexterity and intelligence.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Oh god wait so many critical questions. Five, how do we handle taking Prestige Classes? I dun wanna spec for prereqs and waste them D:

EDIT: Also, what's the word on variant class features?

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Prestige classes can be taken once you fulfill the prerequisites. I'll GM fiat something in the campaign for you to coincidentally come upon a Dragon Disciple training manual or whatever class you wanna be. It'll be amusing, trust me.

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Well in particular, I'm concerned with Mage of the Arcane Order here. (Complete Arcane 48)

Erlkonig
January 4th, 2012, 09:59 PM
What class?

I need the required (not the recommended) books before I pick a class. I'm going to need something which I can use with high STR, CON and DEX, and that can put that 16 INT to use

Bloble
January 4th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hm... would it be a good idea to switch the 14 from CON to WIS? Or is CON important for rouges?

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 10:01 PM
^^ ...good god those are insane. Well, you could finally make the Monk that doesn't suck, but I wouldn't wish that on me. Well, you could basically do anything that doesn't run off of Wisdom or Charisma with those, so divine casters and sorcerers are out. Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker?

^ CON controls hit points. Don't think you need Wisdom for much.

Bloble
January 4th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Then I think I'll keep my stats as they are.

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Oh god, Frenzied Berserkers.

so i herd u like Battle Continuation?

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 10:54 PM
So Five, Mage of the Arcane order and Focused Specialist, y/n?

Five_X
January 4th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Sure why not.

Bloble
January 4th, 2012, 11:50 PM

D:

Five, help. I... have no idea how to fill this thing out. I've been trying unsuccessfully for the past 3 hours but it's not working.

Can I see a sample sheet or something?

SeiKeo
January 4th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Get on IRC and PM me, I can help you.

Bloble
January 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM
YES I HAVE CONQUERED THE LAND OF HARD-TO-FILL-OUT SHEETS WITH LEO'S AID!

...what now? Do I have to PM anything to you, Five?

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Five! I need help finding the ninja thing! Well, actually, there are a few ninja's around. Is there any way for me to start as a ninja? My character idea was essentially a Sousuke Sagara expy, and the Shadow Sun ninja class, which fits personality wise, but I'm not sure about the entrance requirements. Can you waive them (with some penalties) for balance, or should I just pick a starter class and work up to it? In any case, I prepared my character's stats here:

STR 15, DEX 15, CON 15, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28563/)

Since I don't have a printer, but I should have time, I'll do my sheet tomorrow. Or maybe I'll go out and print it in a nearby store.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 02:21 AM
The ninja class should be in the Complete Warrior sourcebook, as I recall. Also, put that 16 INTO into DEX, as you'll need it as a Ninja. They don't tend to wear armour, after all. That Ninja class, in addition, is a base class.

And Bloble, you could, uh, post all your stats and stuff? That should be good.

Bloble
January 5th, 2012, 02:46 AM
STR: 11
DEX: 18
CON: 14
INT: 15
WIS: 11
CHA: 10

HD: 8

Damn, Lethum's got killer stats compared to mine.

Just wondering, is a Ninja a class similar to a rogue? Because I'm going for that, and we should have a wide variety of classes for maximum skill spread...

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Alright! I'm only downloading the books as I need them, and I'm pretty sure that wikipedia failed me. Or I failed at wikipedia. Anyway, the link has not changed, but my stats have:

STR 15, INT 15, CON 15, DEX 16, WIS 12, CHA 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28563/)

I'm currently looking for online stat sheets generators. And downloading Complete Warrior (though one online sheet generator http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm has "Complete Adventurer" next to the only place where I can read "ninja").

Having checked, Complete Warrior, I didn't find ninja (samurai was there, though). Looking for Complete Adventurer now.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Yeah, Ninja's pretty much a lot like Rogue, but can't multiclass. You, Bloble, can become an Assassin or Shadowdancer or what have you.

Lethum mainly gets special attacks and fa~bulous acrobatics stuff.

Bloble
January 5th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Well it's a good thing I already did my feats and skills for rogue. Besides, I think I'll stick to one of the more basic classes for my first game of D&D.

Oh, and those stats I posted were with racial Halfling modifiers applied.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Good, Bloble. Good.

I just download all the D&D books that I didn't already have. Some of them are so cooooooooool.

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Real pdf books are cool. Image paste pdf books are not. Currently struggling with the online sheet to build the sheet.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 03:50 AM
I'm actually quite surprised that no one's going for a Ranger. Usually people love those. :P

Bloble
January 5th, 2012, 04:00 AM
I'm actually quite surprised that no one's going for a Ranger. Usually people love those. :P

Well I was originally going to go for a Ranger but you managed to convince me to choose Rogue instead. :)

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 04:02 AM
My first character was a Ranger. I faintly remember him using a spell that rolled 10d4, and I rolled 40.

...So I decided to switch things around.

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Five! I need help finding the ninja thing! Well, actually, there are a few ninja's around. Is there any way for me to start as a ninja? My character idea was essentially a Sousuke Sagara expy, and the Shadow Sun ninja class, which fits personality wise, but I'm not sure about the entrance requirements. Can you waive them (with some penalties) for balance, or should I just pick a starter class and work up to it? In any case, I prepared my character's stats here:

STR 15, DEX 15, CON 15, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28563/)

Since I don't have a printer, but I should have time, I'll do my sheet tomorrow. Or maybe I'll go out and print it in a nearby store.

Lethum... Those are my stats.

The link leads to the exact character I rolled.

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM
^^ ...good god those are insane. Well, you could finally make the Monk that doesn't suck, but I wouldn't wish that on me. Well, you could basically do anything that doesn't run off of Wisdom or Charisma with those, so divine casters and sorcerers are out. Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker?

^ CON controls hit points. Don't think you need Wisdom for much.

Do Berserkers need to have ME always on?

...Maybe I'll play a Barbarian.

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Sorry for the triple post, but I think I found your actual stats Lethum.

You rolled these, didn't you:

STR 15, DEX 17, CON 14, INT 15, WIS 15, CHA 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28565/)

Invisible castle says the player that rolled these was "lethum", while you will find that the one who rolled what you pasted was "WeissRitter" aka Me.

Froggie
January 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Right. I think I got this.

Like this?

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28567/

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Omg so many Tanks

Froggie
January 5th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Well, I called tank first, but I can make something else, if you really want?

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Nah, I mean due to the stat rolls.

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hey, I have 2 8s! D:

Froggie
January 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hey, I have 2 8s! D:

I can roll again?

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
(Okay I only have the 8s because of racial penalties)

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 12:20 PM
What are you planning on playing, Erl?

With those stats you probably might not make a great Barbarian, since for that you need good constitution and strength, with a bit of dexterity to make up for AC penalties and lighter armour. Of course... you could probably move that 16 INT to STR, and then play a dwarf for the CON bonus.

You're stats actually make it so that, depending on your race, you can be pretty alright at nearly any base class.

Think it over, we have...

Leo, playing some kind of Wizard.
Froggie, playing a human Knight.
Bloble, playing a Rogue.
Lethum, playing a Ninja.
Erlkonig... who's got nothing yet. Maybe a cleric? You guys kind of need one of those, I guess.

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Druid, be a spellcasting T-Rex.

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Cleric? ...Sure, I could be one. What race would I need to pick?

Also, still need those links.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Eh? What links?

And, among the base races... there isn't really one best suited to cleric, but the half-orc and dwarf races make for especially bad clerics.

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I see... What would be the stats needed for a Cleric?

I meant links to the required handbooks. Would be nice to have them before I print the charsheet.

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 12:40 PM
You cannot go wrong by picking human.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
A human is fine, too.

Oh, and for Clerics, you need some sort of deity. I don't have any of those made at all, so just make whatever god you want. :P

Erlkonig
January 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Ado Edem, god of trees and swords

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
That'd be a hell of a favored weapon.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Yo, Bloble, could you post up your feats, special abilities, armour class, skills, hit points, initiative, saving throws and ability scores?

(or just take a picture of your character sheet, lol)

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Gotta format that right today, oy.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
And you need to get your stuff done too, Leo! You're experienced; a simple level one character shouldn't take too long for you!

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 01:17 PM
A level 1 character is easy as heck: trying to build the foundations for a 20 is not so. :D

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
> implying you'll have a straight path to level 20

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Wizard 10/Master Specialist 3/MotAO 7 come at me bro.

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but I think I found your actual stats Lethum.

You rolled these, didn't you:

STR 15, DEX 17, CON 14, INT 15, WIS 15, CHA 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/28565/)

Invisible castle says the player that rolled these was "lethum", while you will find that the one who rolled what you pasted was "WeissRitter" aka Me.

Huh. What do you know.

Still, I went and fixed it. Here's the google docs link for the javascript generated sheet, while I print the real one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NH_F-oWBwzl028AjRrAqKi7HcmPxqrvk3J5ne5MMkWo/edit

Bloble
January 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Yo, Bloble, could you post up your feats, special abilities, armour class, skills, hit points, initiative, saving throws and ability scores?

(or just take a picture of your character sheet, lol)

Well, I haven't quite finished all those. I've only got feats, hit points, and skills so far.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Continue along, then.

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Is my sheet looking good, 5X?

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Yes, it is! It's very... detailed. Much more so than most character sheets.

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Not sure if srs...must...write...Bio!

Of course, I don't have a lot of the information I'd normally want before making one, so things may be a bit generic. Hmm....

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Five, do you want spellbook contents? (holy crap Focused Specialist at 1st level is hilarious)

lethum
January 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Holy crap Focused Specialist at 1st level is hilariousHow so?

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I get 3 level 1 Transmutation spells per day, but no spells from any other school at that level.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Spellbook contents yes.

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
What the hell, I can't remember where this is. How many spells do I start with in mah book?

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?73xpzeldx9s95sr

Okay, think that's everything. No equipment because I dun know what you want to do for that, no face/physical etc because dun care right now.

Five_X
January 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Could you, er, put that in a format that I can read? .doc files are a bitch.

SeiKeo
January 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM
NAME:

Gnomulius Grobinius

HT/WT:

CLASS:

Wizard

TOTAL

TOTAL XPS:

RACE:

Whisper Gnome

CLASS:

LEVEL:

NEXT LEVEL:

ALIGN:

HAIR:

CLASS:

DEITY:

EYES:

CLASS:

XP PENALTY:

STR:

TOTAL HP:

TOTAL AC:

WEAPON >>

DEX:

WOUNDS:

ARMOR +

/

TOTAL AT +:

CON:

MOVE:

SHIELD +

/

BASE AT +

INT:

REF:

DEX +

STR AT +

WIS:

FORT:

SIZE +

SIZE +

CHR:

WILL:

MISC +

MISC +

SKILL:

CHECK:

ABILITY:

RACE:

MISC:

RACIAL ABILITIES:

TRAVELLING GEAR:

Wt:

Alchemy

Int:

Small size

Animal Empathy

Chr:

Low light vision

Appraise*

Int:

Darkvision

Balance*

Dex:

Weapon Familiarity

Bluff*

Cha:

+1 attack goblins

Climb*

Str:

+4 dodge giants

Concentration*

Con: 3

+4 hide/move silently

Craft*

Int:

+2 listen/spot

Int:

1/day: silence, ghost sound, mage hand, message

Int:

Decipher Script

Int: 3

Diplomacy*

Cha:

FEATS:

Disable Device

Int:

Spell Focus (Transmutation)

Disguise*

Cha:

Scribe Spell

Escape Artist*

Dex:

Forgery*

Int:

Gather Info.*

Cha:

Handle Animal

Cha:

Heal*

Wis:

Hide*

Dex:

Innuendo

Wis:

Intimidate*

Cha:

Intuit Direction

Wis:

Jump*

Str:

Know: Arcana

CLASS FEATURES:

Gold Pieces:

Nature

Focused Transmuter

Silver Pieces:

Int:

Dropped: Evocation, Necromancy, Enchantment

Copper Pieces:

Listen*

Wis:

Cat familiar

Total Coin Wgt:

Move Silently*

Dex:

Open Lock

Dex:

CARRYING CAPACITY:

Perform*

Cha:

Lite:

Press:

Pick Pocket

Dex:

Med.:

Lift:

Profession

Wis:

Hvy.:

Drag:

Read Lips

Int:

Total Wgt Carried:

Ride*

Dex:

Scry*

Int:

DIVINE:

ARCANE:

Search*

Int:

0: 2+3

Sense Motive*

Wis:

1: 0+3

Spellcraft

LANGUAGES:

Spot*

Wis:

Common

Swim*

Str:

Gnome

Tumble

Dex:

Draconic

Use Magic Device

Cha:

Elven

Use Rope*

Dex:

Dwarven

Wilderness Lore*

Wis:

* skills so noted can be uses unskilled http://www.dnd3e.zzn.com

Spells prepared:

0: Mage Hand, Message x2, Detect magic, Prestidigitation

1: Enlarge Person, Nerveskitter, Ray of Clumsiness

Spellbook:

0: all

1: Enlarge Person, Nerveskitter, Ray of Clumsiness, Color Spray

Save DC: 10+(lvl)+3, +1 if Trans

alfheimwanderer
January 7th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I'll just drop this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NAgLkps-uE

SeiKeo
January 7th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Bump for bump's sake.

lethum
January 8th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I wonder what's holding 5x?

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Well, we still need sheets from a few people, I think.

Bloble
January 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Sorry everyone! I'll try to finish mine tonight if I can!

Erlkonig
January 8th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING I HATE PRINTING

Five_X
January 8th, 2012, 12:30 AM
This printer is an eyesore.

(oh, and I'll be ready as soon as all of you folks are)

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Erl why u print.

Bloble
January 8th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Leo, halp please.

I don't understand saving throws.

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Okay, so, saving throws are to resist a certain effect. Will for something that effects your mind, Reflex for dodging like a spell, and Fort for physical resistance like poison. What you do is take your class bonus to it (go to the class description, the bonus will be in the main table), add the appropriate stat, and you're good.

Five_X
January 8th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Saving throws: your base save should be located somewhere on your class' stats-by-level table, marked as "Will," "Reflex" and "Fortitude." Then you add ability modifiers (located beside your ability scores themselves) to them; for Will you add your Wisdom modifier, for Reflex you add your Dexterity modifier, and for Fortitude you add your Constitution modifier.

Bloble
January 8th, 2012, 12:42 AM
So if my base reflex saving throw is 2 and my dex modifier is 4 I have a reflex saving throw of 6?

Five_X
January 8th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Yes.

Erlkonig
January 8th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Leo, you don't mind if I copy your pseudo-sheet template?

SeiKeo
Not at all, I just used a web generator anyways because fuck doing that by hand.

Bloble
D:

I have a will save of 0!

:(

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 12:45 AM
That's... okay that's not really okay but it's level 1 it won't be that much of a problem.

Erlkonig
January 8th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Link to web generator, if you would. Plz

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 12:54 AM
http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm

W (http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm)arning: massive page.

Bloble
January 8th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Okay, just as a reminder, what exactly do we need to have done for our character sheets? Was it just some certain stuff or do we have to fill out everything?

lethum
January 8th, 2012, 01:11 AM
If you follow the instructions of the generator I (and Leo) linked, you'll get a complete sheet. The equipment is the least important thing, though, since it's 5X who'll say what we own.

Bloble
January 8th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Okay, so apparently this is my character.

Rufus CheerbrookMale Halfling Rogue 1
Lawful Good

Strength
(+0)

Dexterity
(+4)

Constitution
(+2)

Intelligence
(+2)

Wisdom
(+0)

Charisma
(+0)

Size:
Small

Height:
3' 4"

Weight:
38 lb

Skin:
Light

Eyes:
Hazel

Hair:
Light Brown Curly; Beardless

Total Hit Points: 8
Speed: 20 feet
Armor Class: 15 = 10 +4 [dexterity] +1 [small]

Touch AC: 15
Flat-footed: 11

Initiative modifier:
+8
= +4 [dexterity] +4

Fortitude save:
+3
= 0 [base] +2 [constitution] +1 [halfling]

Reflex save:
+7
= 2 [base] +4 [dexterity] +1 [halfling]

Will save:
+1
= 0 [base] +1 [halfling]

Attack (handheld):
+1
= 0 [base] +1 [small]

Attack (unarmed):
+1
= 0 [base] +1 [small]

Attack (missile):
+5
= 0 [base] +4 [dexterity] +1 [small]

Grapple check:
= 0 [base] -4 [small]

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
29 lb. or less
29-57 lb.
58-86 lb.
86 lb.
173 lb.
431 lb.

Languages:
Common Elven Gnome Halfling

Feats:

Improved Initiative

Traits:

[I]Skill Name
Key
Ability
Skill
Modifier
Ability
Modifier
Ranks
Misc.
Modifier

Appraise
Int
2 =
+2

Balance
Dex*
8 =
+4
+4

Bluff
Cha
0 =
+0

Climb
Str*
2 =
+0

+2 [halfling]

Concentration
Con
2 =
+2

Craft_1
Int
2 =
+2

Craft_2
Int
2 =
+2

Craft_3
Int
2 =
+2

Diplomacy
Cha
0 =
+0

Disable Device
Int
6 =
+2
+4

Disguise
Cha
0 =
+0

Escape Artist
Dex*
8 =
+4
+4

Forgery
Int
2 =
+2

Gather Information
Cha
0 =
+0

Heal
Wis
0 =
+0

Hide
Dex*
12 =
+4
+4
+4 [small]

Intimidate
Cha
0 =
+0

Jump
Str*
0 =
+0
+4
+2 [halfling] -6 [speed 20]

Listen
Wis
2 =
+0

+2 [halfling]

Move Silently
Dex*
10 =
+4
+4
+2 [halfling]

Open Lock
Dex
8 =
+4
+4

Perform_1
Cha
0 =
+0

Perform_2
Cha
0 =
+0

Perform_3
Cha
0 =
+0

Perform_4
Cha
0 =
+0

Perform_5
Cha
0 =
+0

Ride
Dex
4 =
+4

Search
Int
6 =
+2
+4

Sense Motive
Wis
0 =
+0

Sleight of Hand
Dex*
8 =
+4
+4

Spot
Wis
4 =
+0
+4

Survival
Wis
0 =
+0

Swim
Str**
0 =
+0

Use Rope
Dex
4 =
+4

* = check penalty for wearing armor
Halfling:

+2 dexterity / -2 strength (already included)
Small (combat bonuses, +4 to hide already included)
+2 racial bonus on climb, jump, move silently
+1 racial bonus on all saving throws (already included)
+2 morale bonus on saves vs. fear (stacks with racial bonus)
+1 to hit with thrown weapons and slings
+2 racial bonus on listen checks (already included)
Rogue:

Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding
Evasion (level 2)
Trap Sense (level 3)
Uncanny Dodge (level 4)
Improved Uncanny Dodge (level 8)
Special Abilities (choices begin at 10th level)

Class
HP rolled

Level 1:
Rogue

http://www.pathguy.com/portrait.gif
http://www.pathguy.com/insignia.gif

Rufus Cheerbrook's Equipment:

0 lb
1 lb
_____
1 lb
Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
Thieves' tools

Total

http://www.pathguy.com/spellbar.gifMore about Rufus Cheerbrook:

:confused:

Is it good? I dunno.

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Well, I guess we know who's going first every combat.

lethum
January 8th, 2012, 02:28 AM
I know! Fast Draw McRufus!

Five_X
January 8th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Oh, yeah - initiative checks in my games are made with a d6, so that there's an actual use to stuff like Improved Initiative and going first in combat is based more on skill and abilities than luck.

lethum
January 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Initiative should be multiplying your initiative bonus for a fraction between 0.1 and 1.0 (1d10).

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah, he's going first for sure.

Erlkonig
January 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Do we buff him first?

lethum
January 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
If we see the fight coming.

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Since when did we buff the rogue? :D

Five_X
January 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Rogues just need to sneak and stuff and sneak attack.

lethum
January 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
While I do cartwheels.

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
And I burn my miserable Magic Missilewait I can't cast that D:

Bloble
January 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
So what more do we need before we can start? I think Leo, Lethum and I have already posted character sheets. That probably leaves Erl and Froggie...

Erlkonig
January 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Procrastination is taking over me.

Btw, question- Does the god I have to make have to be extremely serious business, or can it be Ado Edem (or oh god Priapus)

SeiKeo
January 8th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Is there a Sword Cleric domain? XD

Five_X
January 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
You can take whatever you like, it's just that the less serious your god is, the less major they will be in the setting. :P