PDA

View Full Version : Ohayocon (Columbus OH Jan 27-29)

Elf
January 5th, 2012, 01:30 AM
So, is anyone planning on going to Ohayocon in Columbus, OH on Jan 27-29?

Roadbuster and I will be there. With metaphorical bells on.

Spinach
January 5th, 2012, 09:01 AM
That's... not too far away, actually.

The urge to go to meet RB and Elf is very tempting. I must ponder this.

Elf
January 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
That's... not too far away, actually.

The urge to go to meet RB and Elf is very tempting. I must ponder this.

If everything goes as planned we'll be doing a Type-Moon panel together and I'll be doing two writing panels on my own. One of which is a lemon writing panel. We'd love to see you!

Spinach
January 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I'll definitely look into it.

Elf
January 6th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I'll definitely look into it.

Excellent!

So, anyone else in the area who thinks they can go? It's a medium size con and every time I've been there I've had a lot of fun.

Misheard
January 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Holy jesus I must see if I can go to this.

EDIT: Friday is a likely maybe - my parents have other stuff they have to do for the rest of the weekend. When's the panel?

Spinach
January 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Well, it looks like I'm going. I look forward to meeting you, Elf, RB. And I hope Mini decides to come~

Also this is my first con. Be gentle, Ohayocon.

Elf
January 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Holy jesus I must see if I can go to this.

EDIT: Friday is a likely maybe - my parents have other stuff they have to do for the rest of the weekend. When's the panel?

Sadly, I don't know when the panels are of yet (Roadbuster and I are doing the Type-Moon one together, and I'm doing on writing Lemons and another on just how to be a better writer) and Ohayocon's staff states that I won't know until mid-January. So as soon as I know I will post it here. However if you are there on Friday, we can still meet/hang out for a while. We're going to be there the whole weekend.

Well, it looks like I'm going. I look forward to meeting you, Elf, RB. And I hope Mini decides to come~

Also this is my first con. Be gentle, Ohayocon.

That's awesome!

And I promise not to bite. Too much. :)

Lycodrake
January 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
...my birthday is on the 28th, but I don't think I can make it to the con...
Wish I could, though...

I1nk
January 16th, 2012, 01:35 AM
I am going this year. This would make my second year ^_^

Five_X
January 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM
I1nk post GET!

Elf
January 16th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I am going this year. This would make my second year ^_^

Well come to the panel(s) and meet us!

I1nk
January 16th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm definitely going to the Type Moon panel. I'll see you there.

Elf
January 19th, 2012, 09:35 PM
All right, looks like all three panels: the two I'm doing alone on writing and the Type-Moon one (Full title Type-Moon, Prana Transfers and Power Levels) that Roadbuster and I are doing together will be on Saturday.

I'll get the schedule cemented in stone tomorrow.

Spinach
January 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM
(Full title Type-Moon, Prana Transfers and Power Levels)

Excellent title.

Five_X
January 19th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I wish I could goooooooo! ;_;

Spinach, you'd better tell me what goes on!!!

Spinach
January 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM
My current plans are:
Bearhug Elf and RB at the same time
Buy random merch
Wander around Columbus and get totally lost like a boss

... But sure, I'll give you a rundown of what happens. I'll also find I1nk and probably give him a firm, manly handshake, as well as finding Mini and riding around on her shoulders(though this might leave her crippled for life!).

Elf
January 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Well, to help spot us when we're not in panels on Friday I'll be wearing a painfully bright magenta shirt.

But we're looking forward to it.

The lemon panel is going to be a blast.

Spinach
January 20th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I... have no idea what I'll wear. I don't have that much foresight. Probably just a white t-shirt and jeans. Though I am roughly 6'5, so maybe you'll spot me.

Five_X
January 20th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Arrr, now I just need to rope people into coming to Anime Revolution up here in Vancouver!

^ Wear a laurel wreath, Spinach!

Spinach
January 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM
^ Wear a laurel wreath, Spinach!

Rofl. Maybe I'll get a straw hat to wear. That should be significantly Southern enough to let me stand out and be spotted!

Five_X
January 20th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Someone should come up to Caaaaanadaaaaaaa!

Koto and Bloble are just too far away! ;_;

RoadBuster
January 20th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Rofl. Maybe I'll get a straw hat to wear. That should be significantly Southern enough to let me stand out and be spotted!

Just as long as you don't get confused with a really bad Luffy cosplayer.

Elf
January 20th, 2012, 01:58 AM
I... have no idea what I'll wear. I don't have that much foresight. Probably just a white t-shirt and jeans. Though I am roughly 6'5, so maybe you'll spot me.

. . . Well, it's already packed in the suit case from a previous trip that I didn't get to wear it and it's bright so . . .

I'm a Southerner too. You should hear me talk. I have all sorts of twang. I'm . . . 5'0 and "Festively Plump".

Spinach
January 20th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Just as long as you don't get confused with a really bad Luffy cosplayer.

I don't want that, so I think I'll scrap the straw hat. Maybe I'll just hope that I spot you guys, rather than you spotting me.

. . . Well, it's already packed in the suit case from a previous trip that I didn't get to wear it and it's bright so . . .

I'm a Southerner too. You should hear me talk. I have all sorts of twang. I'm . . . 5'0 and "Festively Plump".

I'll be sure to try be as Southern as possible, but my redneck-fu isn't nearly as strong as most of my family, so I'll probably fall flat.

Five_X
January 20th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Wow, Elf is short.

I was expecting someone taller. :P

Elf
January 20th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Wow, Elf is short.

I was expecting someone taller. :P

I'm short and wide. Like a dwarf. So someone can have my axe.

My Southern is less redneck and . . . I don't want to say Belle. I really don't want to say Southern Belle.

Spinach
January 20th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I'm short and wide. Like a dwarf. So someone can have my axe.

My Southern is less redneck and . . . I don't want to say Belle. I really don't want to say Southern Belle.

Saaaay iiiit!

I3uster
January 20th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Make pictures!

I1nk
January 23rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
I would be wearing a gray tench coat (I'm trying for Li), and I am about a little below avg height for the US. Oh and of course I'll have a Kohaku pin on my badge. Can't leave home without her. ^_^

Five_X
January 23rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
I wanna Kohaku pin! ;_;

Elf
January 24th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Okay looks like all three panels are on Saturday!

Spinach
January 26th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Heading out later today. Since I3uster demands pics of me meeting you guys, and my phone has a shit camera, I must kindly ask that you two be prepared to snap a few. :3

Five_X
January 26th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hey bro, I demanded pics too! :|

Have fun, you guys!!

Elf
January 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
We're here and we'll be around on Friday. I'll be wearing a bright magenta blouse.

Spinach
January 27th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Running late. I'll be wearing a dark green long sleeve shirt.

Lol lost beyond belief.

Well, interesting first day. Wandered around, memorized the places and stuff, bought a three day badge. Checked out lots of merch. Some stuff interested me, some I was too embarassed to inquire about prices, some made me curious if I'd get arrested for trying to purchase it, etc. Asked about a Kyubey plushie, did a big ol' NOPE when I found out it was like 50$ or something. Also spotted some Kyubey earmuffs. Like 50$ at one booth, 30$ at another. Never found a Kyubey hat, which is one thing I really freaking want.

And I never found Elf, RB, or I1nk. If Mini was there then the chance of me finding her was almost zero. I did notice one woman wearing a brown hat and wearing a magenta-ish blouse, but I wasn't sure if it was Elf. >_>

Elf, do you have blonde hair?

I1nk
January 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Loved your panel. I just wish that they gave you guys more time. (^。^)

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Pictures.

RadiantBeam
January 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM
.... Um.

I was never there.

I live in New Jersey.

Kratosirving
January 28th, 2012, 08:19 PM
@Beamu, they mean RoadBuster, whom is Elf's irl husbando.

RadiantBeam
January 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
@Beamu, they mean RoadBuster, whom is Elf's irl husbando.

... Damn our username initials being the same, it confuses the hell out of me.

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Booom, Beamu got UPstaged! Poor Beams. Always second fiddle.

Spinach
January 28th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I hugged elf and rb mission completr. Out eating hope I dont miss the lemon panel

Spinach
January 29th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Double post because I'm like that. TM panel was cool. Met I1nk, exchanged handshakes like civilized gentlemen, then I went and hugged Elf and RB because I KEEP TO MY WORD. Forgot to get any pix. olololololololololollo

Elf's writing and lemon panels were awesome. The people at the writing panel were pretty chill, and then the lemon panel had an actual line to get in. And it was kinda long. And almost all seats were taken. And then I left my badge in the car so I had to go get that and was like 5-8ish minutes late for the panel, but I don't think I missed anything. It was like... It was pretty much hilarious, and Elf is like an awesome teacher, very blunt, very literal, very entertaining. I also got to hear of some... interesting... fics, pairings, and sexual acts performed between two men(WTF DOCKING?).

Also during the TM panel Q&A some high level troll asked if Shiki could kill Servants. Which is annoying, because I was going to ask that. ;_;

ALSO, NO TRUE ASSASSIN DURING THE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION NO KOJIROU NO SHINJI SADFACE

Mega edit

I also chickened out and left right around 11:50. I probably disappoint Elf/RB by doing so, because I'm young and all, but after walking around town and stuff and constantly circling the interesting stuff at Ohayocon, my feet kinda hurt, I need to chill and get away from NOISE NOISE NOISE, and I need to separate my mind from the cute girls that I can't take home because that'd get me arrested.

Being adult is suffering. I can get into any panel I want, but I always have to ask myself when I see some cosplayer "... Is she 15, or just a tad on the short side...?"

Bloble
January 29th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Dude, I am so jealous of you.

Soooooooo jealous.

But still, I'm glad you had a good time!

Also, pics.

Five_X
January 29th, 2012, 01:15 AM
We need pictures! And stuff. And fingers.

Spinach
January 29th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Damn, I shoulda gotten the pics today while I was wearing this shirt that really makes me look thinner... Tomorrow I'll be wearing this unflattering white t-shirt...

Five_X
January 29th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I want RB and Elf pics. ;_;

Also I1nk pics, too. Spinach is also broable.

Spinach
January 29th, 2012, 01:51 AM
I'll have to find I1nk again. Him and his subtle trench coat.

And that might have seemed sarcastic, but compared to the more eye catching outfits, a trench coat is subtle. : |

Misheard
January 29th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Alas, I am not able to be there this year.

Elf
January 29th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I'm glad you had an awesome time Spinach and this is something that Roadbuster and I are certainly going to do next year.

Hopefully we'll see more BLers there.

As for pics, I'm not attractive so I'd best keep hidden.

Both my loving husbandu and I had a wonderful time and yegods the turnout for the Lemon panel was AMAZING.

RadiantBeam
January 29th, 2012, 11:48 PM

Lies.

Spinach
January 30th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I'm glad you had an awesome time Spinach and this is something that Roadbuster and I are certainly going to do next year.

Awesome. I'll see if I can tinker with my mother's business schedule again and get another free trip up north : p

Hopefully we'll see more BLers there.

Yessss this.

Lies. Elf is huggable beyond belief, as is RB. Unfortunately, I only gave RB one hug.

yegods the turnout for the Lemon panel was AMAZING.

This so hard.

Also, spent like three hours playing Melty today instead of visiting the panels I wanted(JJBA, Baccano). I have no regrets.

Five_X
January 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I might go, too, if I'm not too poor around that this time next year! I mean, Ohio's much closer than California, so it should at least be viable. Does anyone know how many kilometres distance is between Vancouver and Columbus?

RoadBuster
January 30th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I dunno about klicks, but it's about 6-8 hours driving.

And it was great to meet both Spinach and L1nk. We had a great time and will definitely be doing it again next year.

Five_X
January 31st, 2012, 02:41 AM
Yeah, I derped and thought Ohio was Oregon. :|

I can't go, unfortunately.

RoadBuster
January 31st, 2012, 03:33 AM
Lol, and I derped and thought Toronto instead of VC... It's much longer than what I said, lol

Five_X
January 31st, 2012, 03:36 AM
We both derp, then. Mutual derping. :P