PDA

View Full Version : Highschool DxD

solopy567
January 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4826/12995240.jpg

Discuss the latest PWP series.

eddyak
January 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM
This is so fucking generic, but boobs. I suppose I'll carry on watching for a little while.

Erlkonig
January 8th, 2012, 12:56 PM
This is so fucking generic, but boobs. I suppose I'll carry on watching for a little while.

This.

Any anime that catches my eye is given a chance. Everything is worth watching.

Some comments:

"I want to fondle big boobs"

This MC is amazing

Date in first episode

GOD DAMN WHAT A PIMP

Suddenly Gae Bolg

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

DEVIL POWERZ

Cool shit yo

Gae Bolg'd again

Rofl

GOD HAND ACTIVATE

REVIVED BY THE POWER OF SEX

"I'm gonna become a Harem King"

MAXIMUM EPIC

---

So, even though it's kinda generic, MAGIC BITCHES and all that flashy shit is cool.

But I hated the fucking cliche where MC gets beaten up when he didn't even peep.

Not cool friend bros

Not cool

eddyak
January 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
But I hated the fucking cliche where MC gets beaten up when he didn't even peep.

Not cool friend bros

Not cool
Don't worry, he'll ditch them to get dominated by hang out with his new mistress girlfriend soon enough.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
What the hell? There's an episode out, so I might as well give it a look.

mangafreak7793
January 8th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The 1st and second light novel came out translated which I might check out.

Erlkonig
January 15th, 2012, 11:40 PM
SECOND EPISODE BITCHES

HAREM DEMON

Ffffffffffffffuck yeah

Suddenly everything is different to the manga

why.jpg

Alulim
January 16th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I am actually tempted to watch this, though I don't usually spend any time on these kinds of anime.

The reason:http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/Cade300/Other%20anime/119a90792744d6e68a48c58cdd37c477.gif

ItsaRandomUsername
January 16th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Lolibutt?

Alulim
January 16th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Verily.

Lycodrake
January 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM
*is hypnotized* Understandable, Al, quite understandable...

ItsaRandomUsername
January 16th, 2012, 12:48 AM
"Not just a girl, a WHITE girl!"

LOL Issei's Mom.

Burnout
January 16th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Wow, this is generic. Nice, ummm, PLOT and ED, though. They really know what the audience wants, don't they?

mangafreak7793
January 16th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Wow, this is generic. Nice, ummm, PLOT and ED, though. They really know what the audience wants, don't they?

I feel compelled to hand out singles to them.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 16th, 2012, 02:58 AM
These breast-physics make me woozy just looking at them.

Erlkonig
January 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'm reading the light novel now, try to see how badly they fucked up the series.

Mattias
January 16th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Wow, I wasn't prepared for the blatant fan service in this show. It feels kinda like an less censored Gainax anime, just without giant robots (so far).

ratstsrub
January 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I'm reading the light novel now, try to see how badly they fucked up the series.

Pretty badly?

Erlkonig
January 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Pretty badly?

Dude you have NO IDEA

mangafreak7793
January 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Planning on reading it eventually.

I have a large list of LNs and with the boom in BT it is certainly will be awhile.

ratstsrub
January 16th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Dude you have NO IDEA

That was rhetorical. I do in fact have an idea.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Dude you have NO IDEA

Ooooooh, explain to us, Erl.

I mean, besides the buttloads of fanservice, of course.

Alulim
January 16th, 2012, 11:41 PM
buttloads of fanserviceIndeed.

Reposting for justice.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/Cade300/Other%20anime/119a90792744d6e68a48c58cdd37c477.gif

ItsaRandomUsername
January 16th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Well, I walked right into that one.

mangafreak7793
January 17th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Indeed.

Reposting for justice.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/Cade300/Other anime/119a90792744d6e68a48c58cdd37c477.gif

It's disturbing but I can't help but not look away.

DarkMAN
January 17th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Fortunately, this time I'm not at work so I can watch as much as I want!

Erlkonig
January 17th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Ooooooh, explain to us, Erl.

I mean, besides the buttloads of fanservice, of course.

Assuming the manga is more accurate than the anime (probably a solid assumption), they've already changed the very plot and what he encounters on his first day as a contractor. Haven't read the novel yet, will get back to you soon on that

Lycodrake
January 17th, 2012, 08:00 PM
The previously posted loop, and three others. Be hypnotized.~
http://wallwildcat.tumblr.com/post/15883283594/would-someone-please-tell-me-which-anime-ed-these

Mattias
January 18th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Screw the loli-butt, the others are much more mesmerizing.

Lycodrake
January 18th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Screw the loli-butt, the others are much more mesmerizing.
Do you see what you did there?

DarkMAN
January 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Really? Big boobs never worked for me.

^Oh, that's what he meant...

Lycodrake
January 18th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Really? Big boobs never worked for me.

^Oh, that's what he meant...
I like the loli and the red-head more...(I should probably learn their names or actually watch the series. XP )

Well, it certainly seems that way.

DarkMAN
January 18th, 2012, 05:19 PM
The loli... don't know why, but she feels more of a loli-like than a real loli character to me...

Lycodrake
January 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
The loli... don't know why, but she feels more of a loli-like than a real loli character to me...
Same here.

Sei
January 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Watched this yesterday. Got kinda pissed at the MCs dying words... Kept going for the random humor.

Not sure if I'll keep watching...

Erlkonig
January 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Watched this yesterday. Got kinda pissed at the MCs dying words... Kept going for the random humor.

Not sure if I'll keep watching...

Read the LN/Manga, they're better

Sei
January 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM
In which order would you recommend?

Erlkonig
January 18th, 2012, 09:37 PM
In which order would you recommend?

Currently reading the LN, and it's awesome. Read that one first. Then the manga. It's better that you read the LN first so you can imagine the scene on your head, and later see the recreation made by the manga. Still, it's not complete yet, but the LN should take priority

ItsaRandomUsername
January 18th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I like the loli and the red-head more...

Ditto.

Mattias
January 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM
How long is the LN? Last I checked the manga only had like 4 chapters or something...not a lot to go with there.

mangafreak7793
January 18th, 2012, 11:44 PM
How long is the LN? Last I checked the manga only had like 4 chapters or something...not a lot to go with there.

11 volumes and only 2 volumes are translated.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 19th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Much more meat for the story.

Alulim
January 19th, 2012, 03:19 AM
11 volumes and only 2 volumes are translated.Hmm...where is it? Al checked Baka-Tsuki and it wasn't there.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 19th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Really? It's right here.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=High_School_DxD

Alulim
January 19th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Hmm...that is quite odd. My bookmarked version of it lacks anything other than Hidan no Aria in the H section.

I...don't know how that is possible.

R.Lock
January 19th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Register/Log in... Cashed version which is used for unregistered users lacks new projects...

DarkMAN
January 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Really? I don't have an account and I can see it.

R.Lock
January 19th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Hm? Then admins updated pages, after all.

Mattias
January 20th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Well, episode 3 is out. What is it with every church villain has to be a crazy zealot? You'd think that an organization as large as the catholic church would have enough manpower to not need to rely on sociopaths to do the job.

Also, lots of tits.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 21st, 2012, 03:43 AM
Niipple Lasers.

Erlkonig
January 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM
Nipple Lasers

...Words can't express the facepalm I just did.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
lol anime

Also, reading LNs as we speak.

Erlkonig
January 21st, 2012, 10:15 AM
LN is awesome

Sei
January 21st, 2012, 11:53 PM
Nipple Lasers.

...Please don't let it be another Melona... =_=

*goes to watch episode*

Edit: Hmm... Ya know, if they just went the extra step and made this a VN...

ItsaRandomUsername
January 26th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Because it's so important to know the shape of everyone's breast profiles and what their nipples look like when it's cold. (http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2012/01/high-school-dxd-uncensored-nudity-001.jpg)

:P

Mattias
January 26th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Because it's so important to know the shape of everyone's breast profiles and what their nipples look like when it's cold. (http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2012/01/high-school-dxd-uncensored-nudity-001.jpg)

:P
Everytime I think this series can't go any further, they somehow do...

Burnout
January 26th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I've seen hentai anime with less nudity.

The funny thing is, given the timeslot, you get the 'To-Love-Ru' problem of everything but the sex, which feels weird to me. There's only so *far* you can go otherwise, without absolutely torpedoing the tension.

Marth
January 26th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Re-posting lolibutt for great justice. :3

http://i.imgur.com/tmB47.gif

ItsaRandomUsername
January 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Because sometimes you just need to turn off your brain and indulge in the fanservice when it happens.
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1394095 (http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1394095)

Sei
January 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Gotta love that scene in ep.4

*barrage of bullets deflected*
Priest's reaction "Really?"

Comartemis
January 29th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Sticking this one up there with Moretsu Pirates as one of my favorites for the season.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 29th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I find it oddly endearing that this show decides to just go unapologetically all-out with the fanservice.

"We're not half-assing things. If we're gonna have fanservice, we're gonna have fanservice. Throw them in lingerie and make them pole dance in the ED song."

Plus, the show is oddly entertaining. Even if for the life of me I cannot figure out why. I'm having fun with Highschool DxD, and I'm not going to complain about it.

Sei
January 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
What's there not to love about a guy who makes it clear that he wants to be a Harem King? :P

ratstsrub
January 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM
The anime he's in.

Novel's great though.

Comartemis
January 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Not being at all familiar with the LNs or the manga, I have to say that the anime has a distinct Witchblade vibe to it, like a "come for the fanservice, stay for the plot" kind of hook. It's not groundbreaking or anything but it's light years ahead of other LN adaptations like Zero no Tsukaima or Shakugan no Shana regardless of whether it's perfectly in line with the other continuities.

Mattias
January 29th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Well I've finally finished the LN translations, and if this series manages to go to the end of Vol. 2 then I'll be very happy.

Comartemis
January 30th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Okay, now I've read the novels up to right around where episode 4 ends.

You guys who are saying the light novels are better than the anime? You're full of it. The anime so far covers everything the novels cover save for Ise's second contract. Cutting said contract erases nothing of value from the story because the first one makes it redundant. Some events happen slightly out of order like Ise activating Twice Critical after his first contract rather than before it, but they all happen save for the second contract. The only important things I can see that are missing are infodumps like the origin of the evil piece system, which will no doubt be examined in greater detail as the story goes on.

In contrast, the anime adds things that benefit the overall flow of the story. Our introduction to Ise and his normal friends is longer and gives more time to establish their characters before immediately jumping into the business with Yuuma. In the light novels Ise is introduced and then killed and turned into a devil about two minutes later in reading time. The added fanservice does not detract from the quality of the show at all since it isn't replacing anything of importance. The anime also lacks that stunted and awkward "haven't these people ever heard of paragraphs" writing style that all LNs seem to have in places.

Overall, as light novel adaptation anime goes DxD is of extremely high quality so far. I wish we were getting more than 12 episodes out of it.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 30th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Pray for a season 2, then.

Methinks they might have only gotten the ok for 12 episodes because they were testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in the series, since animu is an expense and needs marketing.

Mattias
January 30th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Meh, the 'two other guys' don't really need character development, they really only seem to exist just to show the audience that ise isn't a complete loner and that he has always been a super-pervert. One anime difference I enjoyed however was Asia not going along with Yuuma from the get go, that really bugged me in the LN.

ItsaRandomUsername
February 4th, 2012, 03:08 AM
This is easily one of the best episodes so far, and a fitting conclusion to the Argento arc. This one toyed with my emotions, which is a lot more than I was expecting from when I initially begun watching. There was tearjerking, a crowning moment of awesome, and HNNNNGH.

Mattias
February 4th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I didn't find this episode as emotional, but that may be because I've read the LN's and knew what was coming. The visual's were a plus however.

mangafreak7793
February 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Finished reading vol 2 of LN a couple of days ago.

Waiting for 3rd volume to be translated.

Flere821
February 10th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I've only just wondered into this part of BL (despite having joined months ago ^^; )... so excuse me for the next part:

I've read up to Vol6 of this series in Chinese, with Vol7 about half translated. I'm split between like the anime better if only because of the visual effects, or the LNs for having some good almost-lemon scenes. The fanservice later is really good [/shameless comment]. If the anime ever gets to later events I might lean towards the anime though :p

Plotwise, the series is reasonable. Heavily influenced by fanservice, sure, but at least there's development in both plot and characters, something other series is severely lacking *glares at ZnT*. No resets or 'status quo is god' whatsoever. With what I've read thus far, there's no 'wtf unreasonable curbstomps' either. There might be the classic [Dangerous forbidden techniques], but it's somewhat balanced and one side doesn't just steamroll over the other.

Mattias
February 10th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Wow, Mil-tan is much funnier when animated. It's like the other extreme of all those fat, balding sailor moon cosplayers.

ItsaRandomUsername
February 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
This episode had some absolutely hilarious moments.

lethum
February 19th, 2012, 08:27 PM
So...episode 7. Fanservice!

I feel like I would enjoy the light novel version of this bit, too. Though I'd have liked it if Issei got a familiar.

ItsaRandomUsername
February 19th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Sli-Sli, may you rest forever in peace.

Mattias
March 9th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Fan Service Attack! There wont be a covered breast by the end of this fight....

ItsaRandomUsername
March 10th, 2012, 01:56 AM
>sweeping, triumphant BGM
>Issei keeps ripping clothes off using magic during the whole time as Ashia supports him wholeheartedly
>The music cuts off abruptly when Kuoneko tells Issei she's lost all respect for him

Good God this show is fantastic.

lethum
March 12th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Well, the quality of the battle scenes was about what I expected, but they convey the idea they need to, so I suppose I'm satisfied with this chapter. On chapter 9: Epic Peeling you've got there, Issei.

Mattias
March 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Wow. I wonder if the writers thought the series was missing some fanservice somewhere so to make up for it they made a short beach episode with skimpier clothes....

Mattias
March 24th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Double posting, But the show is finally over! Any thoughts on the series?

ItsaRandomUsername
March 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Real men use dragon-power armor to kick ass.

Also, second season when? Because I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, surprisingly enough.

And I think Issei deserved that kiss at the end.

Lycodrake
March 24th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I knew I forgot something...I really should get to watching this, like I said I would. ^^;;;

eddyak
March 24th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Deserved a lot more than a kiss. Stupid tease light novel authors, never giving us lemons.

mangafreak7793
March 24th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Real men use dragon-power armor to kick ass.

Also, second season when? Because I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, surprisingly enough.

So I'm assuming season 2 if it will have one that it will be volumes 3 and 4 maybe volume 5.

Also the Light Novel Author actually wanted it to be more perverted but due to certain limits before it will be a h-book he had to hold back a few punches.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 24th, 2012, 07:54 PM
That guy is awesome.

Heh, Highschool DxD should totally have been an eroge. Or at least deserves an eroge.

mangafreak7793
March 24th, 2012, 07:57 PM
That guy is awesome.

Heh, Highschool DxD should totally have been an eroge. Or at least deserves an eroge.

As much as I want to agree with you I'm glad it has been a light novel but it should have its own eroge now though.

Mattias
March 24th, 2012, 09:26 PM
It is kinda pre-built for a H-game. Would likely allow harem routes as well. Lots of sequel material as well.

lethum
March 27th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I enjoyed this series very much. So much that, in fact, I will brave the depths of FFN for fics (all 10 of them, between all languages and including crossovers).

Mattias
March 27th, 2012, 04:06 AM
I suppose the manga will also continue on past the point where the anime ended... maybe it will eventually overtake the LN translations.

lethum
March 30th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Hopefully. I hope.

Fangstrike
March 31st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Double posting, But the show is finally over! Any thoughts on the series?

I really liked this series, both the light novel and anime. Sure, there are parts that could use some work, but overall, I think it is an enjoyable series.

And I agree, this so needs an eroge/VN.

Flere821
April 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I've just read a Chinese version of the 10th volume and [Issei finally got it into his thick head Rias loves him]. It turns out [the guy didn't jump all the *counts* 6+ girls with him since he was still a bit traumatized with his 1st fallen angel girlfriend stabbing him, fearing if he goes to far he might get hurt or that they'll leave him since he thinks he's not interesting enough to keep them with him. It was immensely satisfying watching him first confessing live in a Rating Game match live to the entire Netherworld with VIPs watching, and then later finally have the courage to confess in private to Rias and calling her by name after 9 volumes of calling her 'buchou'.]

Yeah, I like it when the main character of a harem genre fiction finally wises up about these things. The fact this now allows the way for harem H scenes that's not cockblocked (if it wasn't for the fact this isn't a R18 work) is just a bonus :p

lethum
April 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I wonder, does Bakatsuki have the English versions of the volumes? What volumes did the anime cover, anyway? 1-3? 1-4? 1-2?

ItsaRandomUsername
April 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
BakaTsuki is doing translations. The first three volumes are completely done, too.

Mattias
April 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
The anime covered volumes 1 and 2 with some extra scenes thrown in here and there that may be from later volumes (familiar hunting)

lethum
June 13th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Pron. For those who care.
http://www.fakku.net/doujinshi/crimson-dxd-english

Mcjon01
July 13th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Man, so, that LN translation. Kind of makes the Fate Zero translation look like a professional work of art.

"Buchou Kaichou oppai kun kun sama tan! Are we actually translating anything or just Romanizing it!?"

Alulim
July 13th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Well, I kinda like the Buchou bit. It has a charm to it.

Plus 'Buchou's boobs' is an alliteration.

Mcjon01
July 13th, 2012, 05:29 AM
But they're more likely to write "Buchou's oppai" so that's a moot point! It's a poor translation if you have to rely on the English reader's knowledge of Japanese to convey the same meaning as the original text does to a Japanese reader.

Wish it had gotten the Cokesakto treatment.

Hahaha, I mean seriously, "the crimson haired bishoujo-sama"? Seriously?

ItsaRandomUsername
July 13th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Cokesakto proses up Highschool DxD. Discuss.

Mcjon01
July 13th, 2012, 05:43 AM
It would be wonderful. Pages and pages of extra flowery narration about tits.

Mattias
July 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hasn't that already happened? I haven't read after volume 4 but with the extra 10 or so books I thought it would be inevitable...

eddyak
July 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Fourteen books, and the twat still hasn't gotten laid?

Now Japan's population drop is starting to make more sense.

Gaterjhonz
July 24th, 2012, 06:56 AM
On the other side of things, particularly the story and stuff [The writer managed to actually fit as much mythology as he can into this story, I've seen Greek, Norse, Christian, Japanese, and others I wasn't able to identify] It's like Ishibumi is the Nasu of ecchi.

Mattias
July 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
It's like Ishibumi is the Nasu of ecchi.

Except Nasu Protags have sex. Lots of sex in some cases....

Gaterjhonz
July 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Except Nasu Protags have sex. Lots of sex in some cases....

Well, there's that yeah, but I'm talking about his way of...well never mind anyway, yeah let's just agree to that since teh protag, thhough surrounded with lots and lots of women, can't still seem to lose his virginity.

Rafflesiac
January 17th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Someday~Volume 16 will be translated~
In the meantime, I'll just watch Vali again. Because Vali is pure awesome.

GlanGR
January 18th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Someday~Volume 16 will be translated~
In the meantime, I'll just watch Vali again. Because Vali is pure awesome.

Last time I checked, it was halfway done. Almost there?

Rafflesiac
January 18th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Not on Baka-Tsuki. BT only has the illustrations.

Christemo
January 18th, 2014, 02:11 AM
It's not like Baka-Tsuki has passable translations anyway.

Rafflesiac
January 18th, 2014, 02:15 AM
I lack several vital critical bones in my body. I enjoyed the Fate/Zero translation, and powered through the Madan no Ou to Vanadis translations. So the lack of words makes me hurt far more than the machine translations ever could.

GlanGR
January 18th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Not on Baka-Tsuki. BT only has the illustrations.

http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com/
The translator is doing it on his blog before moving it over.

Rafflesiac
January 18th, 2014, 12:57 PM
@GlanGR

Much appreciated.

kinunatzs
January 21st, 2014, 04:45 AM
Hey bro and sis there an author on fanfiction. net while reading it irritates me too no end that he/she thinks that Great Red can defeat a Type that a Pure-Power can Defeat a Concept impossible right? and he/she is too stupid too and no matter what i said and explain what a Concept is he/she is unable to comprehend it now on to the question can Great Red defeat a Type?

The Geek
January 21st, 2014, 04:49 AM
Hey bro and sis there an author on fanfiction. net while reading it irritates me too no end that he/she thinks that Great Red can defeat a Type that a Pure-Power can Defeat a Concept impossible right? and he/she is too stupid too and no matter what i said and explain what a Concept is he/she is unable to comprehend it now on to the question can Great Red defeat a Type?

Um... First, I think you're in the wrong thread. You're looking for the "Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction" thread, which is in Fanfics.

Second, I have no idea what you're saying.

kinunatzs
January 21st, 2014, 04:56 AM
sorry i made a mistake btw how to delete my post?

The Geek
January 21st, 2014, 05:05 AM
sorry i made a mistake btw how to delete my post?

Only mods can do that. You'll have to ask one of them. They're the guys with the glowing green names.

Paitouch
January 21st, 2014, 05:30 AM
Only mods can do that. You'll have to ask one of them.
You're thinking of threads.

There's a delete option when you edit your post.

http://i.imgur.com/j1H5M7B.png

Rafflesiac
June 17th, 2014, 08:26 PM
So 3rd season confirmed.

http://www.mangahere.co/news/high-school-dxd-anime-gets-3rd-season/

Fan_Fic_Reader
June 17th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Great!

Mattias
June 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Weird. I just started showing my brother the anime tonight.

ItsaRandomUsername
June 18th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Aha. I knew they'd announce it with the new release.

News most excellent. It's a favorite guilty pleasure of mine.

Rafflesiac
June 18th, 2014, 12:45 AM
I may actually be motivated to read Volume 16 (or is it 18?) at some point.

The Geek
June 18th, 2014, 01:42 AM
I tried watching a couple episodes, but I hate the MC way too much. He's a dick.

ItsaRandomUsername
June 18th, 2014, 02:05 AM
You haven't watched enough yet, but that's one man's opinion.

Servant Shiki
June 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM
I like this series, most characters are funny and likeable and the universe is very interesting. Unfortunately, I don't like Issei much (which is weird because I normally favor main characters) as a protagonist. If he was the deuteragonist or a secondary character, I would love the series.

IhaxlikeNoob
June 18th, 2014, 07:01 PM
How does one prospective would-be watcher interested in DxD deal with Issei's perversion? I imagine that character trait of his would be rather annoying.

Servant Shiki
June 18th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Well you could ignore it long enough to see other characters and focus on them (its what I did) or just get invested in the universe to the point where it doesn't matter.

IhaxlikeNoob
June 18th, 2014, 07:17 PM
By noticing that his perversion is baby-tier?

He likes boobs.

Wow, call the cops.
Way to jump the gun here, I only said it could be annoying, tell me what part of that is condemning?

I read in character bios that he's a leader of a pervert trio, and wants to be a "Harem King".

Frostedflakes
June 18th, 2014, 07:26 PM
I still have to watch the 2nd season guess a 3rd season being announced is a good incentive to finish.

Break
June 19th, 2014, 09:20 AM
true enough, once he gets the chance to actually live out his perversions, he chickens out. Ever single time. Kind of undermines that trait, he's not unlikeable but hes got nothing on real pervert protagonists, like Tomoki.

Mattias
June 19th, 2014, 10:40 AM
How does one prospective would-be watcher interested in DxD deal with Issei's perversion? I imagine that character trait of his would be rather annoying.

By watching the anime where his he doesn't have a constant monologue where every other word is oppai. He's really toned down from the LN's. Or at least we don't have as many of his thoughts broadcast to the audience.

On a different note, I enjoy the Dub solely for the fact that whenever Issei goes on a tits rant they try to come up with as many synonyms that they can, instead of just repeating OPPAI over and over.

Break
June 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Or Ararararagi.

yeah, or...
ooor.....
hmmm who else....

Fan_Fic_Reader
June 19th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Jack Rakan from Negima and Ma Kensei from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple are good perverts.

Rafflesiac
June 19th, 2014, 01:09 PM
There's Arata from Trinity Seven.

Fan_Fic_Reader
June 19th, 2014, 01:10 PM
There's Arata from Trinity Seven.
I agree.

Fan_Fic_Reader
June 19th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Adam Blade from Needless, another pervert.

Break
June 19th, 2014, 05:34 PM
That reminds me, i really need to get around to finishing the needless manga sometime. Adam Blade si so glorious.

Christemo
April 5th, 2015, 02:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u1xQz6Q.jpg

lethum
April 25th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Issei is dead! Again! And probably not for the last time!

The show was still low budget but for this fight they spent their money more wisely and POWER OVERWHELMING attacks feel like they carry menace and true threat. Also, Everyone Loves Issei.

But really, it was a nice episode.

mangafreak7793
April 26th, 2015, 12:48 PM
the light novels did?

Hen_Ichi
April 26th, 2015, 12:57 PM
All the action in the LNs is awful.

Not watching Born yet...

Rafflesiac
April 26th, 2015, 02:18 PM
RIP Issei.

The nice part about having read the LNs so long ago is that I don't actually remember how he survives this. It's refreshing, in a way.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 26th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Fenrir and Loki's designs are rather ugly.

At least the show reminded me that Zechs is voiced by wonderful Suwabe, so that's a perk.

Rafflesiac
April 26th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Fenrir and Loki's designs are rather ugly.

At least the show reminded me that Zechs is voiced by wonderful Suwabe, so that's a perk.
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT are they terrible.

I had to pause to laugh when I first saw Fenrir.

Alternative Ice
May 2nd, 2015, 10:21 PM
The light novels didn't have to animate all this stuff.
Plus the light novels had the Sona vs Rias rating game before the evil god Loki arc, god I hope they don't cut it.

Alternative Ice
May 9th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Well the latest episode just came out, and it looks like the sona v. Rias rating game is getting pushed pack, if not cut out entirely.
And DxD Born is already getting dubbed. Take that Unlimited Blade Works!

bassgs435
May 9th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Well the latest episode just came out, and it looks like the sona v. Rias rating game is getting pushed pack, if not cut out entirely.
And DxD Born is already getting dubbed. Take that Unlimited Blade Works!
UBW is Crunchy, while DxD is Funi , and Funi are trying to implement a sistem of Simuldubs (Dubbed episodes coming out in a weekly release for their suscribers on their stream the same season the subs come out). They tried it with almost every show they had last season. Since it seems it caused problems and some shows had bad dubs because of it, they apparently decided to do it for fewer shows this season

Mattias
May 10th, 2015, 12:05 AM
Didn't they miss dub Space Dandy and actually miss a huge plot point from later on in the show? I remember hearing that when they tried to do both sub and dub of episode 1, last year.

bassgs435
May 10th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Didn't they miss dub Space Dandy and actually miss a huge plot point from later on in the show? I remember hearing that when they tried to do both sub and dub of episode 1, last year.
I watched Space Dandy dubbed and that didn't happen. IIRC, it was some tweet from some higher up that led to a misunderstanding that they missdubbed something, but there weren't any actual problems (The problems of last season weren't even in the translation department, but some show's dubs sounding horrible because of them dubbing a lot of shows at once)

Christemo
May 10th, 2015, 12:21 AM
RIP Ddraig's reputation

Rafflesiac
May 10th, 2015, 12:55 AM
RIP Ddraig's reputation
the ptsd begins

Hen_Ichi
May 10th, 2015, 08:24 AM
One of the few things I enjoyed in the LNs

Rafflesiac
June 13th, 2015, 10:49 PM
You know, if Issei had just bothered to say her name once in a while, none of this would have ever happened.

Instead we get Sekiryuutei vs. Stripperyuutei.

Alternative Ice
June 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM
If only Issei senpai had noticed her, everything in that episode could have been prevented.

Break
June 14th, 2015, 01:48 PM
If only Issei noticed Kiryuu Aika beeing best girl, this series would get so much better.

On a side note i cant get into the romance of Asia since he kind of sisterzoned her.

LegalLoliLover
June 14th, 2015, 02:05 PM
If only we could all sleep with our sister naked.

Break
June 14th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Only people who dont have actual sisters would say that.

LegalLoliLover
June 14th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Exactly.

Break
June 14th, 2015, 02:10 PM
.........what????

LegalLoliLover
June 14th, 2015, 02:12 PM
In other words, despite Issei officially "sister-zoning" Asia, he does get (guilty) pleasure from "accidentally" groping her.

Break
June 14th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Yeah, so? I dont see what that has anything to do with what you said before or what I said before.

Megas
June 14th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Yeah, so? I dont see what that has anything to do with what you said before or what I said before.

He means Sister as in a Nun.

LegalLoliLover
June 14th, 2015, 02:26 PM
He means Sister as in a Nun.
Which one of us did?