PDA

View Full Version : Kagetsu Tohya - Introduction

DragoZERO
March 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
This is an intro thread for Kagetsu Tohya, meant for those who have not played or are playing the game to come and discuss. Please put plot points inside spoiler tags.

http://i.imgur.com/AjLc1.jpg
Title menu, cleaned by DragoZERO.

Kagetsu Tohya (歌月十夜, Kagetsu Tōya, lit. Ten Nights of the Verses and Moon) is TYPE-MOON's sequel to their earlier doujin visual novel game, Tsukihime, released in August 2001.

Kagetsu Tohya consists of "Twilight Glass Moon, Fairy Tale Princess", the long main story with many branches, and several shorter side stories that are unlocked one after another after related events in the main story have been read. Ten of these side stories are combined as "Ten Nights of Dream".

Source: TypeMoon Wiki (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Kagetsu_Tohya) (spoilers)

DragoZERO
March 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Well, I started playing this and so far it is a lot of fun. Having more Akiha moments is quite satisfying too. My problem is the play style though. It's hella confusing and a lot of work too.

Akiha's choices were greeaaat. Walking in on her was so classic. <3 blushing Akiha.

DragoZERO
March 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
So here is a question... will I know when I get on of these "keys" as I am playing? Will it say so after the day is over or something?

Kotonoha
March 21st, 2011, 07:15 PM
By keys, do you mean like when you raise a flag or something? I don't think so.

...Oh, and warning to anyone playing for the first time: you can miss certain events, and then never get full completion unless you delete your save file and start over. Yeaaaaah. Not the greatest system.

Mazyrian
March 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
On the bright side, you only need to delete one of the files (you are told which one, I forgot), which only tracks flags and such; you keep the CGs and etc.
Still not the best system.

DragoZERO
March 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM
Not the best system... but it's a fun disc so it's forgivable.

Well I think I am doing good so far. I just did the cat dream (laughed my ass off too), so yeah.

Kotonoha
March 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Even fandisks should allow you to complete the game without having to delete files. A fandisk is still a game. :P

Gilgamesh
March 22nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
This one had a very fun and unique twist on what everyone expects a VN to play like. I really enjoyed it.

Shikiller
March 22nd, 2011, 11:13 PM
The Ten Nights of Dreams was my favorite part of the game. Especially the Red Demon God story.

Tobias
March 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Eh, red demon god didn't really do it for me.

hayate
July 3rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
So here is a question... will I know when I get on of these "keys" as I am playing? Will it say so after the day is over or something?

I forgot which days are those. Also, only 2 keys are required to open the safe.

I got two keys, one is in the rest house of the Tohno Mansion, where Shiki rests. That is the day after I met Arcueid in a cat costume, if I remembered it correctly.

Another is an obligatory question and answer portion where you will meet Magical Amber. The answer keys (the answers are consecutive, you don't have to rearrange it) are in Good Luck Ciel Sensei side story, provided by Nrvnqsr Chaos. I have to do a trial and error for those answer keys. Also, you have to get those ten answers right or it's a bad end. She won't allow me to commit a single mistake on my answer. Although she says there are no right or wrong answers, her statement is really a trap.

terraablaze
July 3rd, 2014, 03:08 PM
DragoZERO hasn't been to this forum in ages. I think we might have scared him off.

Kat
July 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
Maybe hayate can speak to his ghost through necromantic rituals?

hayate
July 3rd, 2014, 07:32 PM
Maybe hayate can speak to his ghost through necromantic rituals?

Woah, I'm not a necromancer. So this must mean that the user who started this thread ran off? O.O

Hen_Ichi
July 3rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Well considering that the last time he posted in this thread was more than three years ago...

hayate
July 3rd, 2014, 08:11 PM
Well considering that the last time he posted in this thread was more than three years ago...

So posting tips in this thread is out of the question then... O.O

Kat
July 4th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Offering tips to long 'dead' user is kind of futile.