PDA

View Full Version : Senki Zesshou Symphogear

Fangstrike
January 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdfmMBdLB1I&feature=related

The setting for Senki Zesshō Symphogear is in the future where mankind is threated by a mysterious group called "Noise." They're alien-like monsters that decompose humans into carbon. The United Nations has aknowledged the threat, but as one might expect from an anime, conventional weaponary are ineffective. Lucky for mankind, a system developed by the Kazanari Organization in Japan has developed something called Symphogear as an effective countermeasure - it somehow involves female singers donning armor and weapons that give off a mahou shoujo feel.

I only briefly remembered the synopsis before going into this anime, and thought it was gonna be something like a mahou shoujo-esqe anime with moe girls, cute finishing attacks, and mediocre graphics. Thankfully, my low expectations were delightfully blown away. Without going into spoilers too much, this anime gives me a feel similar to another well known mahou shoujo anime - Puella Magi Madoka Magica. For those of you familiar with the anime, you will probably understand what I mean. My first hint was when I recognized the voice of one of the heroines - Tachibana Hibi - as Aoi Yuuki, who others might recall was also the seiyuu of Kaname Madoka. Hibiki's stars alongside Kazanari Tsubasa voiced by Mizuki Nana, a well known singer/song-writer and seiyuu; you might better know her as the voice behind characters such as Fate Testarossa from Magical Lyrical Nanoha Series and Hyuga Hinata from Naruto.

Overall, I'd say its decent all across the board in terms of graphics, music, and plot. I definitely recommend this if you've got some time to spare.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 8th, 2012, 02:34 PM
First off, I really like the way the Noise are drawn. It really draws attention to their otherworldliness.

Second, the music is actually pretty good. It started off a touch weak, but then it became better and better as it went on. The action is also above-par, so we'll see how long that keeps up since first episodes usually tend to be higher quality than what comes after.

I can already feel the tragedy welling up, even from the first episode. I was on the fence before I decided to give it a shot, so I have finally decided to stick with this one, at least for a few more episodes.

ratstsrub
January 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
...I'll pass thanks.

Cruor
January 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
...I'll pass thanks.

Noise is BETA though!

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
January 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Gives off a very Nanoha feel

or maybe that's just the music

Froggie
January 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Loved episode one.

Everything about the first episode gave me the right vibes: "This is a show that I will love."

Definitely going to be following this. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

January 9th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Finished first ep

end of the ep was fucking intense

Froggie
January 9th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Looking back, if I had one complaint about this show it would be that the character designs are extremely generic and maybe even somewhat ugly.

Maybe they'll grow on me?

eddyak
January 9th, 2012, 09:25 AM
What really annoys me about this is that they use the stupid O TEH NOES, ARE GUNZ DOENT WURK FOAR SUM REEZUN cliche. I get that you can't just have the army step in, hit everything with grenades and napalm and problem solved, but LOL BULLETS GO RIGHT THROUGH THEM/BOUNCE OFF is not the way to go. Ever.

Fangstrike
January 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Loved episode one.

Everything about the first episode gave me the right vibes: "This is a show that I will love."

Definitely going to be following this. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Seconded. I hope it doesn't go downhill from here - I've had it happen before.

Finished first ep

end of the ep was fucking intense

No kidding. I didn't see that coming. I thought it'd happen in a much different manner.

Looking back, if I had one complaint about this show it would be that the character designs are extremely generic and maybe even somewhat ugly.

Maybe they'll grow on me?

Hm... you know I hadn't realized it until you said it but its kind of true. I was awed by the action and scenery, but they do have generic looking characters, especially Kanade and Tsubasa.

What really annoys me about this is that they use the stupid O TEH NOES, ARE GUNZ DOENT WURK FOAR SUM REEZUN cliche. I get that you can't just have the army step in, hit everything with grenades and napalm and problem solved, but LOL BULLETS GO RIGHT THROUGH THEM/BOUNCE OFF is not the way to go. Ever.

Haha. It's not original that's for sure, though I don't know how else it could have worked out. Maybe a secret shadowy war?

Ace
January 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Watched the first episode and I'm definitely going to follow this.

I love dem magical girls.

terraablaze
January 10th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Tried to watch first episode but couldn't. Boring character and monster designs and a set up I couldn't find myself rooting for, there's a reason I haven't bothered watching Macross Frontier. Wouldn't surprise me if all those people who were dying ended up magically coming back to life when the monsters were defeated in the end.

Burnout
January 10th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Bizarrely, the character designs remind me of some old (and rather extreme) hentai anime. The girls, in particular, are giving me a very Mahou Shoujo Ai vibe.

nununu
January 11th, 2012, 12:59 PM
So I finally got to watching the first episode. Between the grave prologue and the casualties, I don't like the prospects.

And the singing while fighting could've been executed better. It just looks silly.

Satehi
January 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Seems good, guess I'll keep watching this.

January 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Tried to watch first episode but couldn't. Boring character and monster designs and a set up I couldn't find myself rooting for, there's a reason I haven't bothered watching Macross Frontier. Wouldn't surprise me if all those people who were dying ended up magically coming back to life when the monsters were defeated in the end.

Same with me then I got to the end of ep1

Then I went, this anime is going places

Ace
January 15th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Yuri vibes are strong in this one.

Cruor
January 15th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Didn't like this episode as much but the ending was pretty cool.

^yuri is way too obvious. Orange's friend was about to outright to confess to orange.

January 15th, 2012, 11:16 PM
i didn't like this episode eitehr

if they had made her go all beast mode it would have been a whole lot more badass and cooler. Iw as seirously hoping for some NGE-style angst and rage in this series, doubt that's going to happen

Also, 99% sure miku is lesbian for the main character, whatsherface, so bad with names

nununu
January 16th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Yep, their singing gimmick still looks silly.

Symphogear: Yuri Angst: The Musical

Froggie
January 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I think I might have set my expectations too high with episode one. Episode two failed to deliver on the hopes I had for it and I STILL don't like the character designs. I think I'll give it a few more episodes, but my hopes for this are rapidly diminishing.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Oh shit she canceled the date zomg oh noes

But on the plus side, we get to see berserk Hibiki for a short while. Oh, and Wham Ending.

nununu
January 21st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Dropping this show. I'll check back on it after it's finished and gets recs.

Froggie
January 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM
I'm beginning to think they blew all the budget on the first episode. In every succeeding episode, the awkwardness of the designs becomes apparent at the weirdest times, and the consistency and quality drops incredibly even during still frames.

The animation is spotty at best and just feels extremely stilted. At times it's almost like watching a slideshow.

The "berserk" scene had some nice voice acting, but it was ruined by the ridiculously out of place "shadowed face with flowing eyes" and the increasingly hilarious monster designs. I mean, grapes? Seriously? And the monsters haven't wrecked anything since episode one so they don't feel as overwhelmingly deadly or interesting as they did in the first episode.

Overall, it has failed to deliver on the expectations it raised with episode one. A shame, because it really seemed to have a lot of potential which has been squandered by too many glaring flaws.

ratstsrub
January 21st, 2012, 11:53 PM
...I'll pass thanks.

Seems my judgment is sound on this one.

Cruor
January 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Ahahaha they really trying to shock us like red girl's past.

Cruor
January 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Oh, and whelp they killed off Tsubasa. Ahahahaha

Edit: Gah nevermind. I was writing this up in realtime.

Froggie
January 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I saw the screens for episode 4 on /a/ and it got me really damn curious to watch episode 4.

Mercifully, it was as ridiculous as the rest had been so far so now I feel completely alright with ignoring the rest of this show now that I gave it one last chance.

January 29th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Director did a cosplay of Akuma from Street Fighter

if nothing else, this show is at least amusing

solopy567
February 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Oh God the Engrish. It was so distracting.

Anyway...Yeah, Madoka vibes.

February 5th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Engrish was mind rendingly bad

Also, naked with knee socks and elbow gloves

and more berserk whatsherface

STORY DEVELOPMENT

my expectations for this show are now abysmally low but I'll continue watchign just for fanservice

ItsaRandomUsername
February 20th, 2012, 02:46 AM
That horndog Miku just wanted Hibiki for her body.

Laith
February 20th, 2012, 02:52 AM
"How dare you try to save the world instead of spending time with me/How dare you lie to me even if telling me the truth would have been a criminal act. I don't wanna be your friend anymore."

Freaking Seriously?

MZeroX
February 20th, 2012, 02:53 AM
"How dare you try to save the world instead of spending time with me/How dare you lie to me even if telling me the truth would have been a criminal act. I don't wanna be your friend anymore."

Freaking Seriously?seriously dude. have you ever been with a highly emotional girl? they say pretty much the same things. shit's scary.

Marth
February 20th, 2012, 02:58 AM
And my folks wonder why I stay single. =/

February 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Story sucks, characters are cliche, animation quality is sub-par, art design is OK, music is not that great. But I like it and I don't know why. Fanservice?

solopy567
February 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
I think the music is actually pretty damn good. It's a music centric anime after all. It needs to have catchy music.
I don't think the story sucks, I think it's pretty interesting, since we don't know why she goes BASAKAH when shit gets real for one thing. I'm watching to find out why.

Animation is meh, true. It's nothing special compared to other anime this season.

Characters are not that interesting. Can't relate to any of them. Tsubasa is emo, Hibiki is annoying.

ItsaRandomUsername
February 25th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Well, Miku is finally out of her bitch-phase. That was quick. And a good thing too, because if they kept going with that that would have been silly.

Also. Chris as usual is the best character.

Burnout
February 27th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Yep, I rather like her punk rock-inspired design. (If that's what they're going for, with attacks like BILLION MAIDEN and MEGA DETH PARTY.) I still can't get over how silly the singing mid-battle is, though it fortunately hasn't be overused.

The rest of the show really, really reminds me of a hentai series. Not any specific series, but y'know: The kind with plenty of monster/tentacle rape.

Also, Kamen Rider Hibiki would be a perfect match for the series. I KILL THINGS BY PLAYING THE DRUMS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRqF2AcsTM&feature=related

ItsaRandomUsername
February 27th, 2012, 03:05 AM
That was awesomely amusing.

March 11th, 2012, 02:48 AM
The engrish got much much worse

also

weird glasses boobie lady was evil all along, I knew it!

also, tsuntsun metalhead is tsuntsun

ItsaRandomUsername
March 11th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Furthermore, Miku tried to actually be useful.

Too bad nothing turned up in her internet search. But at least she tried!

solopy567
March 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
All she could find was game walkthroughs? I found a story by a spanish author...

March 17th, 2012, 10:36 PM
welp, fuck

Fangstrike
March 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM
This show has been pretty disappointing contrary to its ineresting start.

Little disappointed with how weak Fine/Ryoko was against a normal human. WTF does that guy eat? A healthy bowl of cerial along with a helping of steroids. It just blew my mind how this final boss couldn't just smack a regular human across the room like a fly. Well, Genjuro has always been a little ridiculous as a character, but still...

March 25th, 2012, 02:43 AM
typical villain spouting typical villain lines

but it's gotten... ok...

ItsaRandomUsername
March 25th, 2012, 03:10 AM
This episode actually was surprisingly good.

Wait, what? Did she go yandere for God? Eh, whatever. Blowing up the moon equals affection, I guess.

March 25th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Well, I thought the episode as a whole was alright, then end was pretty fucking awesome though, Ii must admit

April 3rd, 2012, 03:07 AM
Ending was... alright...

I was totally expecting last episode for Tsubasa to shove shards of her own symphogear into Hibiki for even more power for Hibiki, would been a lot cooler I think.

MZeroX
April 3rd, 2012, 03:13 AM
as I am someone who doesn't have the time to finish this series but did watch some episodes, please tell me. Did any line following episode 7 surpass "punch like you're crapping lightning"?

ItsaRandomUsername
April 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Nope.JPG

Anyway, while the events leading up to the climax were GARful I thought the ultimate conclusion was pretty weak. I would have much preferred it if the series went bookends on us and had whats-her-face get rescued (and implied to become a new Owner as well) by a new generation of Symphogear users as opposed to bringing everyone back to life with the power of friendship and whatever.

Burnout
April 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
You know, *all* of their problems would've been solved if they'd just given the redheaded guy a Kamen Rider suit. Hell, Kamen Rider Hibiki killed monsters with music - This man was wrecking the Noise with his bare hands. If the Symphogear worked with men, the war would be over in a day.

...Then again, I'm not sure how good he'd be at singing. It wouldn't be so bad if there were songs by JAM Project (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV2a4YVJV7M), but it would a lot worse if they got, say, T.M. Revolution (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FRVfesVFjE&feature=related) to write the trashy pop ditties.

Also, for a villain with an absolutely nonsensical plan, Fine was rather hot. Chris is still the best girl, but I'd be surprised if Fine's outfit doesn't spawn at least a few doujins.

April 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Underbooooooooooooooooooobs

ItsaRandomUsername
April 3rd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Chris is still the best girl, but I'd be surprised if Fine's outfit doesn't spawn at least a few doujins.

Chris has childhood prostitute/experiment/hate-against-the-world/deth-metal-themed/more dakka appeal.

Oh, and flies around in a little plane in the last episode.

October 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM
2nd season announced, not sure if want

ItsaRandomUsername
October 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
No fucks given about second season. First one wasted potential, didn't like the ending. Not even the promise of catchy and hip J-Beats will be enough to lure me back.

Laith
October 7th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Will wait for the songs to be released. May watch it if there's nothing that catches my interest on that season.

Laith
July 6th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Sop.

Best first episode, or best first episode.

Also, ^ I am a liar.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 6th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Retrospectively, this wasn't all that bad of a series. Just disappointing, didn't meet my expectations, etc. etc.

Well, that and the Hibiki's berserk mode was incredibly stupid and lazy looking.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still all downhill from here. First episode of G actually got me excited and pumped for the rest of the series, amazingly enough. Guess Sympho's gonna be my popcorn animu of summer know that I know what sort of mindset I need in order to watch it.

I think the songs have actually gotten better sounding. Which is good, because most of them were actually all at least decent sounding to begin with.

Chris is still best Symphogirl.

Sorans
July 13th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Finished the 2nd episode. This is starting pretty well compared to the first season (that I'm not very fond of). G is pretty satisfying up to now.

Laith
July 15th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Man this is promising a lot more than the first season. Don't ruin it, pls.

August 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
this show is still going downhill, just like the first, though not nearly as badly. Some (read: most) of it feels really forced and just bad but the action scenes and music are just barely enough for me to stick with it.

Also, after watching ep 5, I think Hibiki's gonna be all right.

Break
August 8th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Main reason to watch this is still Chris, thats pretty much it; though the big bad isnt as generic as before i guess.
Yet another deflected evil scientist legitimately surprised me, however only because i didnt expect them to pull the exact same TWEEST as in S1.

ItsaRandomUsername
August 22nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Hibiki's berserk form looks a million times better drawn than it did in the first season. G officially affirms itself as being greater than its predecessor in my book.

September 19th, 2013, 04:45 PM
So this show is actually not too bad anymore. It's not the trainwreck the first season was and it's actually fun to watch.

ItsaRandomUsername
September 19th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I know, and I honestly have no idea why that is.

Well, aside from the way better looking berserk mode.

September 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM
probably because of better looking fights, somewhat less forced DORAMA, more girls, no more godawful engrish, and not as blatant anti-americanism

Break
September 20th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Its pretty hilarous how overpowered the major male characters are as well; what with the Commander beating down steel doors, relic users and goons en masse in S1, and now in S2, Hibiki's manager exhibiting afterimage-speed rescue, super bajiquan and running on water, while beeing perfectly regularly human.

I wouldnt be surprised if now relic-less Hibiki just lost her anti-noise field (which is totally copied from Xenosaga by the way..) and is still strong enough to beat up the last boss.

September 20th, 2013, 03:26 AM
manager is a ninja, that's been established since season 1, some dude did an etymology thing with his name and traced him back to some historical ninja clan or some shit

YeOfLittleFaith
March 16th, 2014, 07:44 PM
So I recently watched both seasons and the OVAs which are a collection of comedy shorts with some lore tidbits. And I have to say, overall I liked Senki Zesshou Symphogear! The fight scenes with battle songs were pretty snazzy and nice to watch, and the characters were likable.

The first season was a little clunky, but it was quite charming, if I were to be completely honest; the second though, wow, the second season was a marked improvement in almost every department. Everything about it was so much smoother and neater to watch and hear (the songs were also better, I thought). I was also pleasantly surprised that even though the antagonist group got focused on for part of it, the main trio + Miku all still got some good character exploration and development. Greatly welcomed, given how second seasons sometimes tend to skim over further development of established characters. All around, it was much stronger than the first season.

The yuri vibes and almost romantic friendships were also just... great. Hella great. <3

The ending of the second season gave me an odd sensation that there was some sort of meta-equalizer at work to put everyone on the same power pedestral for the final confrontation and justify equal cooperation from every Symphogear user. Which came off as a little odd, given how Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris dealt with the final dilemma during the first season finale by themselves. Granted, this complaint is something that only really seemed to be there and stand out for that set of scenes, but I think it could've been better done. I don't know, it didn't seem that hard to me to put the emphasis on their cooperation and allow them to properly share the spotlight while maintaining the increased power/weight that the original three Symphogear users should've had.

Regardless, the second season was a joyride without much, if any bumps, and I definitely liked it more than the first for every technical detail it had over it, the better pacing, and also the continued character development, which really helped enrich the characters I already liked.

There are some similarities between Symphogear and Lyrical Nanoha so far as the relationship of the first two seasons and the storylines were set up (just like A's, G had an anti-hero group that received their own development and who ultimately joined the established heroines to fight an underlying evil), but even though A's is my favorite Nanoha season, it didn't have as much of a divide in overall quality from the first as the original Symphogear and G.

Anyways, it was a pretty enjoyable ride and I'm looking forward to the third season! I do hope that the focus returns to Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris plus Miku, although I wouldn't mind seeing Maria, Shirabe and Kirika again. And can't forget the wonderful supporting cast! I'm still waiting to hear if there is an actual backstory reason for Genjurou's absurd superhuman strength, and I'd like to see Tsubasa, Chris and Hibiki's pasts touched upon in more detail, as I feel there is ripe room for character exploration there, and perhaps further development.

(Though let's hope that unlike the third season of Nanoha, the third season of Symphogear turns out to be as good or even better than the second.)

Laith
March 16th, 2014, 09:06 PM
No planned timeskips makes it better already.

Also, you should check some Super Heroine Wars because 'biki has the IS girls as her harem and it is great.

YeOfLittleFaith
March 16th, 2014, 09:19 PM
No planned timeskips makes it better already.

Also, you should check some Super Heroine Wars because 'biki has the IS girls as her harem and it is great.

Yep, I'm pretty happy there's no planned timeskips. Not noticeable ones anyways.

And oh god, really? That is rich. You go Hibiki! Though that must make Miku jelly. :3

Laith
March 16th, 2014, 09:41 PM
She stays true to her waifu IIRC

YeOfLittleFaith
March 16th, 2014, 09:42 PM
As she should. ^c^

Break
March 17th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Iirc i liked Nanoha StrikerS, to be honest. First half kinda deagged but second half was a great ride.Also yeah Symphogear is nice especially for Chris.

August 7th, 2015, 07:27 PM
latest episode was great

but seriously, fuck the commentator box, I don't want to hear cheesy metaphors, I want to hear singing and punching

YeOfLittleFaith
August 7th, 2015, 07:34 PM
I don't know how they keep outdoing themselves, but it's fucking amazing.

Break
August 7th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Its especially great if you remember how the first season was really only worth watching for Chris.

August 7th, 2015, 07:47 PM
I don't know how they keep outdoing themselves, but it's fucking amazing.

People liked berserk Hibiki, right? Let's make EVERYONE berserk!

Break
August 7th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Well duh, Berserk modes are the most consistently popular thing in the fandom. Dont you remember he collective rage and disappointment when s1 Berserk Hibiki ended up beeing just a tease?

YeOfLittleFaith
August 7th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Break are you kidding me first season kept one upping itself too. It was pretty gud, and far from only for Chris. And then second season went balls to the wall and it was great because the production assets were so much better.

Can't go wrong with making everyone berserk and giving them edgy makeovers!

But seriously though, ignite mode looked really cool, the fight against Carol was short but fun, and Tsubasa and Chris's dark introspections were nice to see far as character exploration goes because they helped cement the doubts they still have at this point in time.

And of course, elaboration on Hibiki's beliefs and her doubts and pains right now also from Miku's perspective and how she still manages to FIST was about expected, but the show is doing it well.

Break
August 7th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Btw, calling it now: Elfnein is actually Carol and Carol is actually a homunculus

bassgs435
August 7th, 2015, 08:29 PM
This episode was fucking awesome.

August 28th, 2015, 08:30 PM
What the fuuuuuuuuck

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

bassgs435
August 29th, 2015, 11:31 AM
What the fuuuuuuuuck

Yep. He's back. Also, Carol herself probably had the same reaction going by her face

August 30th, 2015, 06:01 PM
I never realized this but Genjuuro's song during the training montage in Symphogear G (ep 9) is this one from Jackie Chan's Police Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q-zkiny6Wo

YeOfLittleFaith
August 30th, 2015, 08:27 PM
What the fuuuuuuuuck

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

DOCTORRRRRRR VEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!?

damnit sugita

Break
August 31st, 2015, 02:02 PM
Yep. He's back. Also, Carol herself probably had the same reaction going by her face

Im still convinced Elfnein is actually the real Carol

February 28th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Season 4 and 5 announced

Prepare for yuri fisting

YeOfLittleFaith
February 28th, 2016, 04:47 PM
I hope they don't jump the shark again with the antagonists' shtick. Alchemy was way more potent than it had any right to be, particular in view of the previous seasons. It was logically and explicitely contradicting stuff from as early as season 1.

But I suppose that ship has sailed now, so eh.

bassgs435
February 28th, 2016, 06:43 PM
I don't care as long as I eventually get my male enemies voiced by JAM Project (I know this is as likely as pigs flying, but I'll never lose hope)

PhoenixRising
July 23rd, 2016, 07:48 AM
I'm actually wondering what will happen with Tsubasa next season, considering that she's now an international idol.

I3uster
July 23rd, 2016, 07:55 AM
i didnt realize we had this thread

i love this anime

Katie
July 23rd, 2016, 04:59 PM
i love this show too much

perhaps unhealthily so

August 19th, 2016, 01:24 PM
SYMPHOGEAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDeWtgaRwaI

Sausious
August 20th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Prayer circle s4 isn't as trash as GX.

Deathhappens
November 22nd, 2018, 10:33 AM
Wow, absolutely nobody talked about AXZ and no reactions to MOTHERFUCKER SUPLEXED A SPACE SHUTTLE from GX ep.1? This is unforgiveable.

ANYway, who else /hype/ for XV? It's either going to be gloriously amazing or gloriously terrible, I can't wait.

ItsaRandomUsername
November 22nd, 2018, 11:06 PM
I'm a couple seasons behind but yeah I'll watch it

Deathhappens
November 23rd, 2018, 04:59 AM
Fair warning, the fights progressively get better, but the plot progressively gets dumber (in a good way) as seasons go on. AXZ was a minor disappointment, imo, but as far as action and music goes, GX has been the best season so far, in my opinion.

Also guilty of the hypest first ten minutes of all time (https://streamable.com/u622v), as well as the MANLIEST ANIME SUBTITLE of all time.

Laith
November 23rd, 2018, 05:42 AM
doesn't have carbuncle, probably not good

Deathhappens
November 23rd, 2018, 08:01 AM
Why would you want it to have boils what the fuck

Deathhappens
June 7th, 2019, 08:13 AM
Aaaaand after a (ridiculously) long wait, the XV PV HAS ARRIVED!
Looks like...uh, stuff will be happening. Yeah. It's not quite as hype as the AXZ one (owing to being 1/3rd the length), but IT'S FINALLY HERE DAMMIT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3vAScd2sk

- - - Updated - - -

Overtly excited peace-sign throwing Hibiki is adorable.

bassgs435
June 7th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I can't wait. Holy shit, I'm so hype. I love Symphogear