PDA

View Full Version : The Prison Door - EXTRA IC



Pages : [1] 2

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Due to lolforums, the original thread has been eaten. This is the backup of the thread as I managed to salvage.

#1 – KT

School. Learning. Jobs. Paychecks. Lurking on school grounds. That was your life at Tsukumihara Academy. Everything was the same, constant. Each day was no different than the rest… Until then. Reality twisted, memories were gained; and you suddenly remembered why you were here, why you needed to escape from this stagnant reality.

This was fake. It was not real, nor would it ever would be. It was a construction invented by Moon Cell itself to weed out the incompetent, the weak. Those who didn’t remember who they were… Well, it was none of your concern. For all you knew, the less people who survived, the better.

And in order to participate in the Holy Grail War of the Moon, you had to step through that wall. It was strange, really; you slid through that was as if it weren’t there. And what lay behind was a void, a vortex leading to places unknown, some cleaning supplies, and a… mannequin unlike any other. Red lines coated its entire body, and when it stood up, you panicked, if even for the slightest of moments.

It paused, right before you. The exchange of thoughts was wordless… It was your puppet, and you were the puppet master, pulling the strings. And so, with a servant to aid you, you pressed on, diving into the void.

For a moment, everything was black.



The virtual world you arrived in was eerily silent. Only shades of transparent blue and zeroes and ones littered the vast void, and even the enemies seemed just as empty as the rest of the area. Predictable, simplistic, and lacking in detail. Defeating Moon Cell’s programs was practically a cakewalk. Eventually, you, and the mannequin made it to the end, a circle of stained glass.

Corpses, thirty or so, littered the platform, each colder than another. Some of you paid them no mind, for they were simply reinforcing the fact what you were doing wasn’t a game; some of you were shocked, appalled at the massacre that lay before you. Of course, you still looked at it. And in that moment of distraction—

A fallen mannequin rose up, challenging yours. The battle was tragic, really, not meaning much. The opposing mannequin easily defeated yours, and proceeded to land the land the killing blow. Almost immediately, your life seemed to fade away before your very eyes…

No. No, no, no. It was not to end this way. You all had goals to achieve, a wish to gain, and even if your body had failed you… Your will would make you stand up once more. It was too early to die, too early to lose the chance of a lifetime—!

And that was why your Servant had answered the call. Where a fallen mannequin lied; there was your Servant. There are countless words to described the variety of Servants that the each of you summoned, but one could clearly define them all; awe-inspiring. With this partner at hand, you could achieve your goals, your dreams…

The opposing mannequin that was crushed was only the first step.






The city… it was a place unlike any other. Everyone had arrived in the center of it, a futuristic wonderland of technology and holograms. Almost immediately, people began to stare at the huge TV screen in the middle of the plaza. There were the precious match-ups Moon Cell had arranged for you. There was your second step to your goals.

But, for some reason, you could not read the other’s matchups… The harder you tried, the blurrier they got. It seemed Moon Cell had measures to prevent people from “cheating”, so to speak. Even when they added the Matrix to your senses, letting you draw upon Master and Servant info at the drop of a hat, you still couldn’t get information about them. That, it seems, had to be revealed directly.

And with knowledge of your matchup in hand, you set off to win the Holy Grail War of the Moon.



Fate/EXTRA: Heaven's Cage



Players:
Kokonoe Emi - hero
Naomi - Elyrin
Bartholemoi Adalbert - EnigmaticFigure
Stein - Mormarth
Vayu Sigr - Virtue
Aaron Thorson - Spinach
James Hawthorne - Five_X
Ruca Hausen - Zlol
Ellestia Laiania - llednaroth/Snack Guy
Andrei Biskup - I3uster






Kokonoe Emi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Well, it seemed to you that you pretty much knew everything that you needed to know. You knew who your opponent was (some girl named Melissa Blackstone), so that was quickly taken care of. All you wanted to do was get into some fights, and, in fact, that’s what you asked one of the NPCs. They kindly redirected to you to the Arena, while informing you about the Triggers you needed to acquire to progress to the Coliseum, which was where you fought your opponent.



There you were. The Arena was a shiny, polished dome of glass and steel in the center of the city. Already, there was a lot of bustle, although who were Players and who were NPCs was incredibly hard to tell. Each of the NPCs was different, almost like real people… That is, if they didn’t admit they were NPCs. Strangely, most seemed to be rather fine with that.

On the other hand, you were finally beginning to have second thoughts about charging straight to the Arena. Perhaps it would be a better idea to grab some supplies, first? Well, there were several types of shops nearby, so it was up to you, really.



Naomi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Your opponent… Well, you knew he was. That name was recognizable across all four corners of the globe, unless you were living under a rock. Matou Shinji, Asia’s eight year old gaming champion. It was rather easy to pick him out from the crowd, considering his… unique hair style. And when he started approaching you, you couldn’t help but wonder what he’d have to say.

Those, unfortunately, were some rather crass statements.

"Well, since you know who I am, it's pretty obvious how this is going to turn out, no? ... That's me, of course!” Shinji waves his arms in an exaggerated, grandiose fashion. “But as a good man, I'm gonna make you an offer. After all, I cannot help but to feel pity for you. Why don't you surrender now and spare me the trouble of destroying you. That way, your reputation might not drop so low after I send you to the afterlife?”

…Yeah, he’s certainly a dick.






Bartholemoi Adalbert
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

…A Lord like you didn’t deserve such an unrecognizable opponent such as yours. You hadn’t even heard of Cynthia Christenson, and even if you did, it still wasn’t a problem. As a Lord, defeat was in your grasp at all times, no matter what the odds.

You heard a sort of indecipherable shouting coming from what you thought were two different voices, and immediately assumed that your Servant’s Noble Phantasm was in effect. Good, good. Your opponents had barely any time to get to know each other, and this could be used to your advantage. You gave out a hearty nobleman’s laugh, and looked at the other parts of Moon Cell’s city. You noticed what appeared to be the Clock Tower in a section that looked incredibly similar to London; perhaps it would be your best interests to go there.






Stein
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

…Here you were, in Moon Cell. Perhaps, here, your goal of curing death could finally be completed, and all those that laughed at you would shut the hell up and be in awe. Perhaps your work had made you gone crazy, mad, even; but you would keep on moving on, no matter what it would take. And in order to kick start your goal, you went to the hospital for medical supplies. From what you learned from an NPC, the Arena was dangerous, and one should be cautious at all times. After all, if you were going to beat this John Henry fellow, you needed to be prepared.

…Even though you were standing at the front desk of the hospital, you could feel a powerful, ominous presence coming from deeper in. Your very instincts screamed for you to flee, but you held firm. And soon enough, someone arrived at the front desk.

“Who’re you?” he said, lighting a damaged cigarette as he spoke. A doctor that smokes in a hospital? What is Moon Cell thinking…?

“If you want any supplies, you’d better cough up the dough.” He looks at you with a bored expression, clearly waiting for you to do something.

100%

#2 – Leo

Spinach
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

Really, you only had one question: who the hell was Sabin IX? It didn't sound like any kind of normal name: heck, you couldn't even recognize the region it was from. And numbers? Who has numbers on their name? But, you'd probably find that out soon enough. In the meantime, you wandered through the city like a janitor - somebody nobody took a notice of - taking in the sights.

Far differently from what it first appeared, the city was not a metropolis of the future: at least, not entirely. Going out, you found a rabble of highrise blocks, 50s era slum rows, art deco skyscrapers... it seemed an obvious pattern. As you crept away from the center, the city got older. Perhaps, if you walked all the way to the edge, you would find the first towns. But that would take time, time that you did not have.

Having found a piece of rebar lying on the ground, you had all you needed to enter the Arena. It was up to you, however, to decide if the time was right.

Five_X
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

Demi Lacroix. Well, it certainly seemed like the name of a magus. Haughty, arrogant, imperial... it was funny how much one might be able to guess about a person from their name. But until such time as you met her, you really couldn't make any firm conclusions, could you?

Uncomfortable in this strange world, your first task was to find some kind of base in which to collect your bearings and decide your next step. You began to walk about the city, searching.

Perhaps the routines of the Moon Cell changed the city, or subtly lead you to the proper place, for it was not long before you discovered the perfect home. A small 3rd floor apartment in a sleepy, tree-lined district. Upon entry, it was for all intents and purposes empty: it was minimally furnished with a bed, tables, and the like, but there was no personal touch nor concession to entertainment. Well, you were set up there. What now?

zlol
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

Well, there you were. ATLAS had once again lived up to its reputation and delivered you inside the Cell, to this strange war. And right off the bat, things seemed strange. Everybody gazed at their opponent's name, but you... you had no opposing name. Just a string of unfathomable symbols that, when read, invoked... fear? Hate? Yes, hate. You could feel a burning anger directed at you through the screen, anger that could burn the Moon Cell to its foundations.

It wouldn't be wise to just jump into combat. More likely, ATLAS would have assets within the Cell that could assist you. Something told you you were going to need it.

Snack Guy
Day 1 Week 1
Morning
Along with all the other Masters of ATLAS, you were propelled into the Moon Cell, and looked up at the board with 127 other Masters. Reading your opponent's name, you see... "Ya, Marcos Izerd here." At the voice, you whip your head around, looking for the person who had spoken to you.

It was a man in his young twenties, with black hair streaked back as if he'd spent far too long on a roller coaster. His casual, logo-emblazoned pants and sweatshirt marked him as some kind of gamer, but there were no telltale signs of one of the true major leagues. Somebody who did it on the side? Semi-pro? "Isn't this the shit?" he continued. "I mean, look at all this stuff, this is years ahead of anything else. Man, this is gonna be soo cool!"

I3uster
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

Was the digital realm appropriate for the Church? There had been much debate on that matter. A sizable faction within the Church had argued that whatever happened up here in the Cell had no bearing on them, and that they had much more pressing problems to solve on Earth. Regardless, the pro-intervention faction had argued, successfully, that there was no harm in trying to at least monitor events.

So you were here, facing a... a Master Seithr. 'Master', for him, seemed an actual appellation, not the descriptive term applied to the rest of the combatants. The Moon Cell itself recognized the man as a Master? Well, wasn't that the thing. You had been told of other Church operatives within the Cell. Would they be of any use?

100%

#3 – Hero

Kokonoe Emi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Melissa... Blackstone, huh?"

Kokonoe Emi could not believe how fast the matchups had been decided. That way of living, of skipping formalities and going straight to what was most important, pleased her. What would have made most of the participants excited, scared or nervous... Made her happy. Indeed, she smiled and clapped her hands in satisfaction. And due to the simple mechanics of the war, she didn't even need to look for her enemy in this huge city. There was only one destination: The Arena, the place where her first battle would take place-!

Or that's what she thought at first.

The grand battle would only occur at the end of the week. Until then, she should focus on obtaining the triggers, keys that allowed entrance to the Servant battle and proof that one was a worth Master. Were one not to have both Triggers by the end of the week, he or she would be disqualified. That was what a NPC had told her. But the one thing that caught her attention was the fact that players could eliminate their opponents before the end of the week, were one of their arena encounters turn out to be 'Fatal'. Then, it was problem solved. That was what she had to do.

And who could best Servant Assassin in such task?

"Are you sure about this, My Lady?" The worried voice came from behind her back. Yet, there was nobody there. Or more like, no one could tell Assassin was there. "You know my class is not fit for direct confrontation..."

Emi, however, did not get what was she so scared of.

"You are Servant, aren't you? That's just how life goes, you know. No risk, no gain... Isn't that what they say?" Emi shrugged, somewhat disappointed. She had expected a bloodthirsty Servant, not one seemingly scared of fighting. "In any case, the arena is this way."

...

"L-Look! There are lots of shops here. You sure you don't want to buy anything before entering the battleground, My Lady?" The Servant suggested, somewhat desperate for prolonging her Master's life just a few minutes. "Preparation is a must for a Master in the Holy Grail War."

The girl with golden drills gave it a thought. After a few moments, she nodded, clearly accepting the proposal. Assassin could only sigh in relief.

"I'll guess it is okay to buy a few first aid kits for my opponent, just in case I feel like fighting her another time."

It was hard to tell which of the two was less fitting for an event like this.

100%

#4 – Race

Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Yes, you had no idea of who in earth your opponent could be. “Lanrukun” or “Lil’ Ronnie”... that was not in the database of possible Masters that the WEC had provided, at all. Well, asking for the first round to be nice and easy was maybe too much, but not knowing your opponent’s identity or appearance could prove to be a bit of a headache.

In any case, you proceeded as planned, walking away from the plaza and the ever suspicious multitude, NPCs and players mixing equally into a formless multitude, serving its purpose to hide identities. You still could feel some prying stares being thrown into your direction, but you did not entertain them, as you had an urgent reunion to attend.

Julius has been rather curt and clear in the global message he had sent to the entire WEC presence in the Moon Cell: their first actions were to discover their match ups and the name of their enemies, and then to move towards the building were they had established their base, the living quarters of Leonardo Bistario Harway, to report and receive new orders.

Your Servant had already informed you of some things that you found disquieting as best, downright... suspicious would be a fitting word, even if it does not manage to explain correctly the strange bad sensation you had. The restrictions made sense, but still made you wonder what was in that tower of the center, that behemoth of metal and crystal that surpassed every other building of the mismatched city in pure size. It was where the coliseum battles at the end of the week were supposed to take place, where elevators stood, in room after room, covered in eerie silence. Nobody had dared to approach that building... for now.

Your pace got faster when the environment around you changed, from the futuristic plaza, to something that resembled the streets of modern Rome, then, to what appeared to be a past version of El Cairo’s markets. NPCs went to their daily ‘lives’, not even recognizing your presence, a strange, twisted parody of life, their everyday happenings being so alien, yet so similar to real life. Maybe other Players were walking by you, hidden in the horde in constant movement, and you would never notice. Maybe the presence of their Servants could be felt, or maybe they were walking alone...

This was getting way too paranoia inducing. It seemed that nobody could start adapting so fast to this strange city, and this strange world, so separated from normal concepts. As you stepped through modern Buenos Aires, the Obelisk standing at a distance, you finally saw what you had come to search. Past a bridge into a shallow, clean, yet artificial river, entering a place that very much resembled Manhattan in the 80’s, a skyscraper stood, its massive bulk eclipsing everything nearby, even the titanic, yet horrible buildings that had plagued the Buenos Aires section.

Your Servant informed you that the building was empty, except for Leo, waiting at the pinnacle, the highest room, except for his living quarters in the attic. And to there you climbed, the stairwell providing a good exercise. You wonder what is with huge, important buildings and their lack of elevators briefly, before standing in front of the imposing door.

You knock. “Enter” the voice receives you. You draw a breath, and open the door, entering the place. Leo is resting in a comfortable chair, in front of a desk of good quality, seemingly covered with files related to the War. He beckons you towards the other comfortable chair, as you start with your report...

Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

To tell the truth, you had not expected to go against an abnormality so soon. William & Sarah Tenevere...? A... double Master? What kind of consequences would that have, or how would that even work? It was pretty clear that whoever they were, they had accomplished something remarkable, beyond the scope of what one could call normalcy. This was looking to be a pretty troublesome first round, just with that alone.

The orders from your superiors were pretty clear: quickly identify and defeat your enemies, and then make yourself available for further orders. Not only that, but they had already started piling work on you, by giving you at least two side-orders: to deliver a sealed parcel to a certain Alan Griffin, a Freelancer with friendly relationships with ATLAS, the direction for his living quarters in the data they had given you. The second order had been vaguer, and much more difficult.

You were to try and scout the WEC’s forces as much as possible during the week. They were likely to be targets for your next operations, and along with the Magic Association members, they were priority threats.

Along the plaza stood some shops, of various types. Nearby, near the massive tower that occupied the center, a dome of glass and steel, were the Arena was. You still had not secured some adequate living quarters, though you suspected that if you so desired, there was space for you in the great pyramid where ATLAS had established their base.

As you stood there, processing the information to decide your next course of action, you noticed that the multitude was thinning out, as more and more people (Players or NPCs? It was hard to tell) abandoned the multitude. And you had the uncomfortable sensation you were being watched, even if you couldn’t see anyone suspicious nearby. Soon, the sensation vanished, but you were pretty sure now that someone was checking out the multitude, searching the Masters one by one.

Now... what would your next movements be..?

Alan Griffin [Airen]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Your opponent’s name was Justice Farrel. Nobody you had heard off, and probably not someone from ATLAS. Well, you had not expected people that you knew to appear in this war, in the first place, so...

While you were busy in such thoughts, you heard someone talk behind you.

“So our opponent is... Alan Griffin. Very well, I am off, Archer. We’ll meet at the Arena tonight at seven, understand?”

“As you wish, Master.”

“The feeling is mutual, Archer.”

You spun on your heels, seeking the two male voices that had talked, but... too late, for there was nobody in the place where your enemy had been standing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your first action was to secure a suitable place. A comfortable space, a cozy room that had only the minimum furnishing necessary, at a medium distance of the Arena, in a place that reminded you of the suburbs of some modern city, maybe a little more in the past. You communicated the location to the ATLAS, and then sat there, meditating. It was time to plan for your next action...

100%

#5 – Verg

Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

It had been weird.

The complete absurdity of the days before. He had never been able to take part of it, and instead, he had had to simply watch from the sidelines how some of the Masters were waking up from their false lives, and how others weren't. In the end, nothing had mattered. As soon as the gateway had opened, he had headed out of the transparent dream that had not been granted to him.

And now he was here. Ready to participate in the Grail War as ordered.

-------- Still.

"Hmm, additional orders? Those people are such slave-drivers, Master..."

Caster spoke from behind him, being in her spirit form. Her voice sounded a bit lazy, like she had been just taking a casual stroll through the park instead of preparing for a fight that would put both of their lives at stake. Even when the ominous presence had passed over them just recently, she had not seemed overly bothered.

There seemed to be very little that fazed her.

"..."

Ulysses gave a meaningful look at Caster.

"Use my Noble Phantasm for scouting? Sure, I think I have something fitting in there. With relatively low cost. Just let me refresh my memory..." Caster crossed her invisible arms and began thinking. "But, do you think we should deliver that parcel while we're at it? From what I remember, you didn't want to establish your base in that pyramid, so looking for a place and checking out the arena would be the next things after that."

"..."

A soft nod was the only thing he answered with. And immediately after, Ulysses opened his eyes wide, as if taking in the whole scenery. And indeed, some kind of code seemed to be running through his cerulean blue eyes.

He quickly chose the location from the full layout of the livable city that had etched itself already into his head, and then proceeded to do the appropriate changes to his code and the surroundings. In what was nothing more than a flash, Ulysses and Caster disappeared from their spot in the plaza, and appeared in the quiet, suburbian-like area where the base of operations of Alan Griffin was supposed to be. His re-appearance was accompanied by a slight flash of light and low hum.

"..."

Ulysses looked at the buildings, trying to determine where the man he was looking for was. Caster chuckled besides him.

"This seems awfully quiet and peaceful for a place that houses a Holy Grail War. What an absurdity", she murmured. And then, with somewhat louder voice. "Oi, Alan Griffin! We are not going to stand here all day, so come down here already!"

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM
#6 – Mellon

Mellon
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning




"You have iron in your eyes, brat. Tch... fine. With that much determination, I can even cure stupidity."





Alistair Hemmington moved up the stairs of the gigantic skyscraper with a casual pace, seemingly completely unheeding of the fact that his destination was 100 floors above ground. And while the lift seemed in working order, Alistair had always preferred stairs to elevators. Even in the gigantic WEC Headquarters, that dwarfed even this monstrosity, he walked everywhere, relishing the opportunity to move about. Besides, walking gave him time to think. Which seemed to be more important now then ever.

First things first. His first opponent. Lankurun. A name he had not heard of, not while in the Moon Cell, or before. Which was surprising, if he was completely honest. Due to his position in WEC, Alistair was expected to be in the know when it came to Spirit Hackers. After all, if he did not know about these things, who would? Not to mention that he had met most of the "great minds" in the business (and fought with quite a considerable number of them). The current situation either meant that either his opponent was extremely capable in hiding his or her trace in the "real world", or he was a complete amateur. Either was undesirable. The first meant that her enemy was an exceptionally good in subterfuge, if he could even fool WECs networks. The second was more of a personal peeve, but amateurs... tended to be quite unpredictable in their actions.

Suddenly he heard his Servants voice in his head.

"It is often fools that fell the greatest of masters. Not those who are equal in their skill, boy."

"You are quite correct, as usual, Lancer. We will underestimate no-one, even the most incompetent of Masters. Besides, even the very weak deserve our respect here."

"In the eyes of the Moon Cell, all men here all now equal, right?"

The only response from his Servant was a dismissing snort over their mental link. The Lancer dressed in red had been his companion over the past days and over the time he had become somewhat used to his Servants... unique personality. One which seemed to be in complete opposition with his youthful appearance for that matter. Nevertheless, the man in next of him was a treasure trove of knowledge and experience in seemingly all areas of life and combat and an honestly good person. Once you look past the surface of course... which, admittedly, was some times quite hard to do.

"We are here brat. Pay attention."

Suddenly, Alistair found himself on the top floor, standing behind a huge imposing wooden door. It seemed that the stairs had been a fair bit shorter then he had expected. Letting out a slightly embarrassed chuckle (which only seemed to cause more muttering about "complete lack of focus" from his Servant), he gave a knock on the wooden door.


"Enter”
Hearing his cue, he pushed the large door open, revealing an extremely well furnished interior, that seemed to be more out of a gentleman's club from back home, rather then a high-rise office as he had expected from the exterior of the building. Seeing Leo beckon him closer, he gave him a well-natured smile and sat on the armchair opposite from him. Removing his top hat and placing it on the side table, he addressed the young blond boy in front of him, with a slight smile on his face.

"My opponent is Mr... or Mrs, I have really no idea actually, Lankurun. A complete blank as far as I know, one who is non-existent in our database as well. However, more importantly..."

"It is nice to see you again, Leo. Did you enjoy your trip into the mindset of the Moon Cell?"

100%

#7 – Five

James (Five_X)
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

I'm... still not used to this place, to be honest. I have my Servant and my house (which is pathetically bare...) but I'm still unsure exactly of how to operate. I was informed of a number of things - that I have to find 'Triggers' in the 'Arena' which can be accessed by some door somewhere, and I've heard a number of people talking about stores and Commissaries where food and such for healing can be bought.

In addition, my enemy is "Demi Lacroix," some lordly woman whom I haven't met quite yet. I think, though, that it'd be best to try to fool her for now, if only to give me a bit of an edge in this fight.

"Alright, Saber. I've got an idea of what to do, now." I turn to the woman in red. She's lounging on my couch, watching me as I examine the small apartment area. She hasn't told me her identity yet and she's quite belligerent at times, but overall she seems like a pretty capable Servant.

She sits up, and shrugs. "What is your plan, Master? Are we to take decisive action, or do you favour subterfuge? I can accomplish either." Saber tosses her blonde hair in a lordly sort of way, and smiles as she awaits my answer.

"Well..." I glance over at the bathroom. "I'll need either hair grease or something similar to slick back my hair, a few packs of cigarettes, and a black leather jacket. That way, I think I might be able to fool some people, even a little bit. Who knows if it'll work, but to be honest it should be at least a little effective. If I appear as some rough delinquent type, then I can perhaps have my opponent underestimate me. It's not like I've never hung around greasers, after all. I know how they are."

Saber's wearing a smirk. "Oh? Perhaps that will succeed, Master. Do keep in mind, though, that if you fail, it may appear to our opponent that you are tricky, and they will go harder on you. Make sure that your disguise is not too ridiculous, or else it will be seen as a blatant trick. You must show yourself to be at least intelligent enough to be a part of this War... perhaps you could appear as a cultured delinquent, but a delinquent nonetheless."

"Good ideas, Saber. I'll keep them in mind." I say, nodding at her.

Well, I make a small bit of food before we leave, and I decide to first buy some healing items and what I need and such from the Commissary, then dress up in my disguise and try to find this "Demi Lacroix" woman, and chat with her a bit. I'll keep my Saber in spirit form for now, not letting anyone see her quite yet...

100%

#8 – Snack Guy

Ellestia Laiania
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"...Cool, huh."

Mumbling to herself, Ellestia paused and looked at her opponent with a calculating eye. Although his servant wasn't showing itself, she wondered what the servant of such a flippant and excitable young man could be like. However, this could all just be a front, a lie - in order to hide his true abilities.

She looked at his casual clothes, comparing them to her simple battle attire. This grail war would mean meeting a lot of diverse people and having to deal with them, which wasn't really her forte - she was more used to a kill and don't ask environment. She wondered if getting new clothes to fool enemy masters in some accounts might be a viable tactic.

After eyeing her opponent some more, she briskly turned away and started to walk away, having done all that was needed. Any more dawdling would be unnecessary. After all, mixing words with the enemy would be just useless at this point, unless they would just blab on about their own Servant.

Talking about servants.....Ellestia felt hers follow her silently in spirit form. They hadn't talked today due to secrecy reasons, but it seemed he had an originally talkative nature when urged to speak. And a perverted streak, as well. Hell, he even tried to get into her pants right after being summoned.

Ellestia sighed. This would be one long week.

...Especially if her servant intended to keep up with the pervy old man act.

POSTS 9 AND 10 ARE LOST TO ME

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
#11 – Airen

Alan Griffin
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

“Archer, is this place okay with you?”

It wasn't the fanciest of the rooms that existed in the virtual reality of the Moon Cell, as it contained little more than a bed, a couch and a table, but it wasn't an uncomfortable place to live, and could easily serve as his base of operations if he decided to settle here for the war. But as Archer was his partner, his sword in this war against those who would trade their lives for a wish, he felt that her input was desirable on important matters such as this one.

“Yes, this place is fine with me Master.” Even in spirit form, he could tell that she was smiling, “Is this the sort of place you lived in back in your reality?”

“Ah,” Somewhat surprised by how agreeable she was, he ran his right hand through his black hair in a nervous manner, “Yes, I suppose you could say something like that,” he smiled, “I've lived in a large variety of places Archer, so I probably could feel at home even without a house.”

Hearing her hum pleasantly in response, he removed his data terminal from his pocket, and sent his current location to Atlas, having been told to check in once a suitable place in which to station himself had appeared.

And with Archer's approval, this place had just become his base of operations.

Having filled out his primary order of making contact with the organization, he sat down on the couch and leaned back against the new cushions, contemplating the specifics of his current situation.

“Justice Farrel huh?”

It wasn't a name he recognized from his last search through the files of notable hackers, but as he had been busy erasing most of his own records at the same time, he supposed that it was only natural that he would have missed one or two of the less notable ones. Of course, such a failure wouldn't have sat well with Sion, but he had yet to contact her in this world, hell, he had made sure that she wasn't even aware of his existence within the Moon Cell.

“Do you have a plan of attack yet Master?”

“Not at the moment I'm afraid,” his voice still rather cheerful, he felt the presence of Archer on the couch as she materialized, her rather odd, light blue hair hiding beneath the dark green cloak she had asked him to materialize for her, “Did you happen to see what they looked like?”

“No,” her eyes were closed as if in thought, “I was distracted by the city,” she flushed a bit, “I had never seen such a city before, so I'm afraid I wasn't paying much attention to the crowd...”

“Ah, well that's fine.” Standing up, he turned towards Archer, “There probably isn't much to be learned from the enemy's physical appearance anyway,” he began to pace, “The abilities they possess will be what give them away in the end...” Shaking his head once, he turned towards Archer with an amused grin, “Anyway, you want to go exploring the city with me later?”

“Wha-”

“You seem to be interested in this place, so I figured I would accompany you if you wanted to see it.” He shrugged, “It's the least I can do really. You're my partner, so I should try to make sure you enjoy working with me right?” He smiled, “It'll be good for us to know where everything is anyway," he glanced at the portable terminal in his hand, “Orders come at unexpected times aftera-”


"Oi, Alan Griffin! We are not going to stand here all day, so come down here already!"
Well this was a rather interesting turn of events.

Leaving the room with his hands in his pockets, Archer following behind in spirit form, he examined the area in an attempt to locate the one who had called for him. Seeing a young man and woman, who seemed to be the only ones out here, he waved his arm once and approached them, his tone friendly as he responded to the call, “I'm Alan Griffin, sorry to keep you waiting.”

He didn't recognize this man, but the only people who would come looking for him out here would be ATLAS representatives, so he saw no reason to be suspicious of the fact that someone other than his opponent (Who had a male servant) knew his name. He supposed it didn't matter if his name was discovered anyway, most records of his past had been destroyed, and all but one of the remaining records merely stated that his parents had worked for ATLAS, and that they may see fit to help him because of that.

His own work when it came to ATLAS was no longer documented in any files outside of those possessed by the organization.

So for all they knew, he was just a Freelancer, honest.

And for now, he'd prefer that it remain that way, so he wouldn't ask any questions about this man's name.

Questions only led to more questions after all.

100%

#12 – EF

Barthomeloi Adalbert (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1032462/1boy-black_hair-dunban-long_hair-male-simple_backg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“How regrettable,” I say while looking at who I was matched against. And truly, it was. Why should I, one who has fought against some of the most notable of Dead Apostles and descended upon the most noble of magi, be forced to fight against an opponent whose name lacks any prestige? At least my Servant made sure that I didn't have to deal with such a bland individual. So I laughed at the futility of their situation. If they can't entertain me with their battle prowess, they can at least give me a good show.

With my business with the match-up screen concluded. I departed the area in order to gather my bearings in this city. It was not too long that I soon located what appeared to be a replication of the Clock Tower. Seeing no reason to otherwise not enter the premise especially since I have Caster if this proves to be some form of an illusion, I walked toward the tower and entered it.

100%

#13 – BD

Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Um..W-Would you happen to be Seishirou Li?"

Cautiously nodding as he looked, noticably enchanted, into her eyes, Seishirou replied.

"I-It is as you say. I take it you are Ms. Hart, then?"
He tried spoke slowly, trying his best to select his words carefully.

Unsure whether his invisible servant took notice of the eyes as well, he mentally made a note to mention it to her, as well as noting to himself that her servant was male.
He had heard of special eyes which provided their users some special power. Despite knowing that few members of the Li possessed some, he had never seen one up close.

But in the end, that wouldn't matter. All he had to do was to win, and win he must. But he couldn't let go of his Japanese customs, or his pugilistic upbringing.
Forming a fist with his left hand before his chest, and resting his right palm on it, he made a salute-like gesture to the woman before bowing.

"Pleased to be of acquaintance, Ms. Hart. Even though this is a battle of eliminations, I hope we can get along well."

100%

#14 – zlol

Ruca Hausen
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

"..............................."

He stood there with no expression, staring at the board. His cold and expressionless face did not betray even a single hint of fear at the amount of hate invoked from the symbols that would be the name of the opponent. He closed his eyes for the moment and then... he walked away.

"Master."

A clear female voice, a gentle one that he had heard just not long ago... The servant that he had summoned. The old him might have been swooned, however, to the Ruca now, the servant was a mere tool, a tool to accomplish his wishes, just as he had joined in with Atlas.

His quest for revenge, for his family's revival... the answers would show up eventually. He would find it out... who was the one behind it.

till then, he would slowly slog through the rounds.

He gave a signal of acknowledgement towards the voice the moment they had gone far enough to be seen by prying eyes. Immediately, appearing, a young female knight with auburn hair appeared. if anything, the girl was the absolute perfect resemblance of a knight, nothing about her was lacking. It was those thoughts that made Ruca slightly assured that he might still have a chance at reaching Moon Cell.

The knight then asked, "Master, what is your plans? Do you know who your opponent might be?"

Ruca closed his eyes for the moment and consolidated his thoughts. Then he spoke, "I know not the name of my opponent, but when i looked at the symbols... I felt this aura of hate. Perhaps, that would be a good starting point of my investigations. Saber, We will head back to base and proceed with it."

Till he reached back his 'workshop' or rather, base of operations, he prepared his etherlite whip, a gift from ATLAS before he joined the war here in the moon. Who knows if his opponent would strike at him now, to eliminate him? Thus, he did not consider any place safe for now, save for the arena and his base. Only then would he be safe.

He walked on, his minds now delving into trying to decipher the symbols and the feeling of hate that he felt....

100%

#15 – Race

Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“Mary Leitspleigh.” You said, loud enough for anyone in the surroundings to hear. It did not ring any bells, so it was probably not a lady of the Magical Association, but that was the extent of knowledge you could manage to extract from it’s simple name.

As you still stood there, wondering about it, someone approached you, almost without you noticing. “I am sorry.” A female voice said near your position, and you flinched, surprised as you turned to meet her.

She was quite a beauty. Pale skin, luxurious black hair that was finely combed, and fell until her mid-back, she was also... quite decently endowed, although that was specially enhanced by, well... her outfit. That is, a pretty revealing maid uniform covered her, and judging from how furiously she was blushing, she was quite embarrassed by it.

“I-I am sorry!” She repeated, this time with more bluntness behind her words. “I c-couldn’t avoid t-to overheard... Uh... I am Mary Leitspleigh. A-are you Louis Mauditoire?” She asked so nervously that she seemed like she was about to bite her tongue.

You could feel the presence of her Servant behind, hidden in spirit form, like a specter hanging ominously in the back.

Leinhart von Einzbern [Twelveseal]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

As you moved through the multitude of Players and NPCs, nobody spared a second glance at you. Indeed, for everyone that stared at you, you were nothing but a NPC to their eyes. Finally, you were in front of the display, and your eyes fell on the name of the person you would have to fight the next week...

Mine Neko Radian.

Wait what?

Okay, the name was... clearly Japanese. At least, you suspected that Mine WAS a name, and neko was how you said ‘cat’ in Japanese, too. But ‘Radian’? That did not make sense at all. It must have been some kind of nickname, although how someone had managed to enter the Moon Cell with a nickname as its displayed name was beyond you.

And of course, the name was unknown to you. And you did not seem to be the only one with that trouble, as a man who had been matched up against a ’Lune’ abandoned the plaza in frustration after screaming his rage towards the artificial heavens.

You still had not found lodgings, and it did not seem like your opponent was going to appear in front of you soon. Well, it seemed that there were no pressing matters at hand, for now.

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM
#16 – Buster

Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

"Master...Seithr?" Andrei tilted his head. What an unusual name...but he surely must be quite a confident fellow if he calls himself "Master".

"Master Seithr. Does he know no shame? Does he not know that pride is one of the most dangerous vices of them all? Is he even aware of his sin? My brother, I can already feel that this man needs to REPENT!" Saber once again materialized without asking and spectacularly demonstrated his booming voice and awe-inspiring looks. A man of 2 meters, with a bald haircut, wearing a harness with a big red cross on it and a sheathed sword firmly strapped to his left side was now standing right behind Andrei and was putting his hand on Andrei's shoulder.

If there were any birds in this virtual world they'd probably have started migrating by now...

"Please Saber, call me "Master". We need to hold on to the etiquette in the Moon Cell...besides, your rank should be far superior to mine, so calling me brother is hardly appropriate..." Slight annoyance could be heard in Andreis voice. Fighting to the death against enemies of the Church was a task he was always prepared for. Dealing with this particular Servant however, was a challenge even to him.

"It matters not, for we are brothers in battle. What are your plans, my brother?" It was as if he carefully selected only the words he wanted to hear whenever Andrei spoke.

"...Master" Andrei almost started to roll his eyes.

"Your insistance on trivialities only proves that you are in fact a man of unbreakable will and piety. Admirable!" He lets out a healthy and honest laugh. "Very well, Master, what are your plans?"

"We will set up a quarter, preferably close to the Cathedral, and we will ask the Sister Knight for any support that was prepared for Church operatives." Andrei had no intentions of begging for alms, but the Church always generously provided for him whenever he was on combat missions, and this should be no different. "Once we finish this, we will shop for necessities and head straight into the arena."

"Good...good. My blood is already boiling, my broth...Master. We shall annihilate this vile prideful sinner. May the Lord have mercy upon his poor soul." To Andrei's astonishment Saber crossed himself after he just vowed to kill this Master Seithr, as casual as if he just finished a prayer.

This is really...him? I guess history distorts personalities more than I had thought...

-----------------

"A wonderful choice, Master. Only 100 meters to the cathedral. And such a nice and comfortable room at that, with not too much wordly posessions disturbing the ascetic lifestyle of a priest...I must say, with every hour we spend together you are revealing more of your splendid and admirable nature as a man of discipline and faith!"

"...thank you." Andrei did not want to share Saber's enthusiasm. Not that the room was a bad choice, as a wandering Executor he was used to much worse, even camping under the night sky was not unheard of. Just that the company left him wishing.

Do not behave like a little girl Andrei. He is powerful, he is religious and he is not hostile towards you. Just a bit...loud.

The room had a sturdy wood table in it's center, with two chairs, a bed on it's left side, also made out of wood, which creaked as Andrei sat on it, and a desk at the rooms end with a small desk lamp.

"Allright, now that we claimed this room, let us move to the cathedral. I do not want to let the Knight Sister wait for us after all." said Andrei. Although he did not quite share the...fervor of his Servant, he was also eager to see the arena and maybe find out a bit more about this Master Seithr fellow.

------

Saber opened the sturdy door of the impressive building and took a whiff of the smell of wet stone. "Ahhh, a calming sensation. An oasis of meditation and peace in this bloody battlefield" he whispered.

So he DOES have an indoor voice...interesting.

Andrei and Saber advanced through the church pews and reached the row in front of the altar. A look to the left revealed an impressive array of votive candles...probably for the brothers and sisters who did not manage to overcome the first challenge...he'd pray for them once he took care of business.

The knight sister was standing at the altar. Andrei got on one of his knees and bowed his head and Saber quickly followed. While it was not strictly necessary for him to show that much devotion to a Knight Sister, she was not only the leader of the Church forces in a military sense, but also a spiritual one, so Andrei felt it would be appropriate.

"A good morning to you, Sister Algebrae. I overcame the challenge and I am ready to claim the Grail for the Holy Church with my Saber-class Servant. What are your orders?"

100%

#17 – Bloble

Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“Mary Leitspleigh.” You said, loud enough for anyone in the surroundings to hear. It did not ring any bells, so it was probably not a lady of the Magical Association, but that was the extent of knowledge you could manage to extract from it’s simple name.

As you still stood there, wondering about it, someone approached you, almost without you noticing. “I am sorry.” A female voice said near your position, and you flinched, surprised as you turned to meet her.

She was quite a beauty. Pale skin, luxurious black hair that was finely combed, and fell until her mid-back, she was also... quite decently endowed, although that was specially enhanced by, well... her outfit. That is, a pretty revealing maid uniform covered her, and judging from how furiously she was blushing, she was quite embarrassed by it.

“I-I am sorry!” She repeated, this time with more bluntness behind her words. “I c-couldn’t avoid t-to overheard... Uh... I am Mary Leitspleigh. A-are you Louis Mauditoire?” She asked so nervously that she seemed like she was about to bite her tongue.

You could feel the presence of her Servant behind, hidden in spirit form, like a specter hanging ominously in the back.
...who? This woman is my enemy?

This is my enemy?

"She's pretty cute, Master." Saber speaks to me through our mental link. If he were solid right now he'd probably be eyeing this commoner's body. Disgusting.

"As if I care about that. Saber, you will watch her and that Servant of hers carefully at all times. If you allow even a scratch to be put upon my body I shall punish you."

"Heh, looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Annoying Servants, don't know when to shut up and stay quiet. And this being Saber, I doubt he'll be quiet for long.

It only takes me a second to fully absorb everything about this person who just introduced herself.

I resist the urge to sneer at her subservient tone and ridiculous attire. So my first enemy is to be a lowly servant?

How disappointing.

Still, she has introduced herself, so I am obliged to do the same.

"...Indeed, that is my name." I finally say. I'm careful to keep any of my true feelings of disgust out of my voice, instead answering as neutrally as possible. "So you are the Master I am to face?" Of course, I don't need her to answer that question. I can plainly feel the shadowy presence of her Servant behind her. Of course, this must mean the reverse is true, and that she can feel Saber's overpowering presence behind me. Not that I care. A Mauditoire has nothing to hide.

What a shame. I had hoped to meet a more fearsome opponent for my first battle.

Oh well. At least it is certain that I shall meet more powerful opponents later on. For now I suppose I shall have to contend with this weak person in front of me.

For a moment, she reminds me of some of my own servants, and I have to resist the urge to order her to clean my shoes. A maid, huh? Haven't seen one of those in a while.

"Interesting." I finally say. "I have not heard your name before. Your are not of the Magic Association, and I doubt ATLAS, the church or the WEC would accept one such as you into their ranks. You must be a freelancer."

Heh, no doubt someone who managed to get here purely by luck.

Disappointing, again. I'm tempted to order Saber just to decapitate her right now, but such a thing would be unbecoming of the Mauditoire heir. No, I shall kill this person in a week's time, fairly, and not relying on any pitiful secrets or trickery to win.

For now though, it wouldn't hurt to try to... 'socialize'.

I hold back a sigh and extend a single gloved hand towards my opponent gingerly. "You may shake my hand, if you wish." Yes, I must at least extend a measure of courtesy to one who has been given the honour of being my opponent.

And if she should think to attack me here, in broad daylight, Saber will be prepared to destroy her.

"Oh, I'll pierce her with my sword alright-"

100%

#18 – Verg

Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Ulysses watched with interest as the form of the freelancer appeared to the foot of the stairs, and he began to approach him. Ulysses could guess that although he could not see it, that man's Servant was probably invisibly following Alan Griffin, just like Caster was following him.


“I'm Alan Griffin, sorry to keep you waiting.”
"..."

Ulysses responded with silence and nod, none of which were too awkward however. It was not the kind of silence that told of a cold person - no, it was the type of silence that told that there was no other choice of an answer for Ulysses.

As Alan approached him, Ulysses raised his hand and took out the lock-down that made the parcel he was carrying invisible. A brief flash of code, and the parcel was revealed, quietly resting on top of Ulysses extended hand. He then sent it slowly gliding towards Alan's direction, so that the man might take it for himself. With that, Ulysses mission here should have been over, and he should have left already.
--------- However, still...

...This was a true human he was meeting. Something very unusual for someone like Ulysses.
Unable to hide his curiosity, Ulysses leaned uncomfortably close to Alan, child-like interest clear from in his eyes. He was eyeing Alan's body up and down from only few inches away, making the situation very, very awkward. And he himself did not even seem to realize it.

"Master, is it that weird?" Caster giggled softly, while staying invisible. "That's just another of your possible adversaries, you know?"

"..."

There was odd question-like air in the silence that followed.

100%

#19 – Morm

Stein
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Originally Posted by KnightTurtle
“Who’re you?” he said, lighting a damaged cigarette as he spoke. A doctor that smokes in a hospital? What is Moon Cell thinking…?

“If you want any supplies, you’d better cough up the dough.” He looks at you with a bored expression, clearly waiting for you to do something.

I scowled, one who preserves the lives of others should not damage themselves and others with toxins. I disliked smokers, I used to not mind them, as long as they didn't get in the way, but, that changed once I saw an apathetic doctor smoke up while his patient hacked up his own lungs, literally.

I did not like smokers. Maybe that guy was just an asshole, but it stuck with me, and by God or whoever is listening, I am going to give this jerk a piece of my mind.

"Hey," I growled, "Put that cancer stick out before you hurt someone besides yourself." I don't care if it's a simulation, he should be glad I didn't punch him, but that would make Ophelia sad, and that I would not allow.

Archer stood behind me, quiet as ever, our meeting was quiet and curt, we were similar beings, ones who spoke when necessary or when called for, and no more. I could sense slight disapproval at my choice of words, he was a polite man in life, and likely was irked by my lack of manners. Taking this unspoken advice to heart, I took a deep breath to calm myself before speaking further.

"I apologize for my words, smoking is a bit of a pet peeve of mine," Moving past that gargantuan understatement, I continued, "Now, would you kindly show me your inventory?"

As you have probably noticed, I am slightly bipolar. When one sets out on a grand crusade such as "Curing Death", you tend to obtain unique perspectives on life, which is a tad ironic, but I digress.

I waited for the physician's reply to my statements calmly, after all, what could possibly go wrong?

100%

#20 – Airen

Alan Griffin [Airen]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Well this was definitely one of the more awkward situations Alan had been faced with, he wasn't particularly used to being examined by other people in such a direct manner, and even though the young man's silent stare seemed to be harmless in a child-like manner, it was still rather unnerving, although Archer, who was giggling behind him, still in spirit form, seemed to find the whole situation rather amusing. Still, even if the kid was rather weird, Alan didn't like being unnecessarily rude to other people, so it took him a moment to figure out the best way to end this situation, which was growing more and more awkward as the young man's examination continued.


"Master, is it that weird?" Caster giggled softly, while staying invisible. "That's just another of your possible adversaries, you know?"
"Uh," stepping back a bit to make some space between himself and the young man, he held his hands up in a gesture that implied the young man shouldn't follow, "Yes, I am one of your possible adversaries in the future. But I'm not carrying any weapons or anything, so you don't have to examine me so closely." Alan paused for a moment, once again noting that the young man's stare had seemed curious and not harmful, "You're with Atlas right? Are you just not used to interacting with other people?"

It wasn't exactly uncommon for people from ATLAS to seal themselves off from interacting with the other members of the organization. Knowledge was power after all, and some believed that interacting with other people would simply make it easier for them to steal the knowledge they had acquired throughout the years. Such a belief was the main reason why those who could use etherlite were considered heretical, and the amount of social interaction amongst the members had lowered dramatically as a result. This young man seemed rather young, perhaps he had been sheltered by a more paranoid set of parents?

Regardless, he could see no harm in having a simple conversation with this ATLAS representative. If the organization had seen fit to send him here to deliver this package, then it was likely that they would use him again for similar missions in the future.

Besides, it wouldn't hurt to make a few more friends in this place.

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
#21 – Verg

Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning
"Yes, I am one of your possible adversaries in the future. But I'm not carrying any weapons or anything, so you don't have to examine me so closely. You're with Atlas right? Are you just not used to interacting with other people?"
Hearing him speak again, Ulysses drew away from him, his questioning eyes now again more akin to a unmoving surface of a tranquil lake. His facial expressions were so subdued there was really nothing to read, though there might have been a hint of agreement in there after hearing Alan's words. Or then he might have nodded so slightly one could not see it, yet registered it somewhere deep in one's brains. Nevertheless, instead of answering with words, only the atmosphere around the young man changed.

"..."

If it was possible to say nothing, then that was just what Ulysses did. He did not open his mouth and no sound was made, yet it felt almost as if he had reacted to the words.

"Don't mind him. My Master is not the most talkative sort, you see", Caster said softly from behind Ulysses. "It would be easier to make river flow upstream than to get words out of him. But do not blame him. It is not his fault."

"..."

Despite Ulysses' silence, there was something clear from his posture. He was unsure what to do next, as if normal social gestures had been completely alien to him.

100%

#22 – Leo


Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

"Whatever." Dismissing his Servant's statement, Aaron opened the door to the Arena, and stepped in, and his Servant followed.
....what kind of hell had you entered? Or perhaps, what kind of paradise? You had emerged in a small cavern behind a waterfall, rock slick with water and moss. You and your Servant walked through the curtain of water to discover... something new.

You stood on a small path on the side of a cliff, next to the waterfall you had come out behind from. Your first glance lead you down-

A glance that you regretted that instant. The waterfall stretched down the side of a massive wall of rock, maybe... if you had to fathom, it was at least over a kilometer long drop to the bottom, into a rocky, shallow lake that spread out into what almost looked like an inland sea: only a glimpse of a forest on the other side indicated that you had not reached the ocean.

The twilight obscured your vision, but you could tell that these forests were not something that already existed. Their massive trunks and wide branches were something that, in the age of Global Warming, were no longer alive.

It was mostly silent, save for the sound of water crashing on rock. Peaceful... no. You heard a massive rumble, of the ground cracking against itself and rising. It seemingly came from your right, and as you looked there...

A mountain. A single, lone mountain, otherwise unremarkable. Or at least, it would have been a little while ago. Now, smoke billowed from the mount, with some kind of raging fire creeping down its slopes. Volcano.

The night sky provided no comfort either. The constellations were utterly unfamiliar, ones that you didn't recognize as north or south. One thing in particular seemed out of place. A single star shone immensely bright, above all the others, maybe as bright as the moon, but smaller. And your Servant could just barely make out that it was moving.

Where in the Arena would you seek for the triggers? Forest, sea, fire... or something else entirely?

100%

#23 – Elyrin

Naomi
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

So, this was her opponent for the week? At only 8 years old, he was nothing but a child. Of course, Naomi couldn't exactly call herself an adult either. What she had earned in life, she had earned through power and luck, rather than through experience. Still, she did know well enough when to make use of her abilities, and when to use restraint. The urge to punch this boy in the face was almost overwhelming, but she ignored it in favour of greeting him with a smile.

"Hello, Matou Shinji. To be honest, I had never expected to meet you, but it is my pleasure all the same. I would recommend being more polite to your opponents, though. It wouldn't do for someone of your station to be seen as rude, would it?"

Normally, no amount of persuasion was likely to make a boy as rude as this Shinji change his ways so quickly. But, being just eight years old, he was likely to be putty in Naomi's hands quite quickly. It wasn't really something her Servant would agree with, but he knew well enough that disagreeing wouldn't change anything.

100%

#24 – Opti

William Hemholtz
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

-"That's better than nothing." Conceded the man behind William, after hearing the little to none information they had.

No. Calling him "man" would be a fundamental mistake. Even after it had been a while since his Servant had obliterated the fallen puppet that had almost destroyed him, William could not help but feel the greatest of respects towards his Servant... Despite his fondness of only covering his body waist down. Dressed only with some kind of pants and boots, this Servant did not seem to have any qualm with baring his chest even when fighting aganist the thoughest of opponents.

William pondered for a second if it was worth his time inmediately trying to find out more about his opponent or if he should go get supplies first. Behind him, his Servant kept on speaking his mind with a cynic smirk.

-"Hey, Master, you're the boss here." Said the bare-chested man, as if reading William's thoughts- "It's your decision. For all I care, all I need to know is what he and the bastard I need to kill are like the day before we fight."

Maybe because of his tiredness, maybe because he had not gotten what he desired, or simply because he was annoyed, William lost temporarily his respect towards his Servant.

-"And what if the bastard we need to kill has some sort of skill that could hinder our, dunno, what the fuck was that word that started with t? For all I care, he's just another guy I need to kill, but I doubt he's gonna sit down on a... dammitdunno, start reading the newspaper and tell me to take my time to take away his chance for his petty wish as I chew his neck off. We can't let our guards down. Hmm... what was that expression... something about... hubert or something similar?"

Archer's expression shifted to one slightly less sarcastic, meaning that despite William's evident vocabulary limitations the message had been understood.

-"So, what do you suggest, strategist?"

-"Strategist? Is that some kind of... Nevermind. Wait a sec."

Archer started in confusion at his Master as he unzipped his pants, only to zip them back a second later muttering something about stupid social mannerisms. He was a strange one indeed, but as far as Masters went, he was pretty much the ideal one. A guy who knew what he was here for, was ready to take down the other Masters for it and...

-"Anyways, I've made my decission. Let's go buy supplies. We'll take care of the unloved bastard later."

-"Unloved bastard?" Inquired Archer, with an amused tone.

-"Yeah. Moriarty Cromwell. Come on. That's... gay. And unnecessary. I can already see his parents thinking way ahead the kind of person they want his son to be."

Gay? Do you even know what that word means, Master?

-"And what's so bad about that?"

-"A person should be whoever he is. With or without a name. If you're clearly good at at something, doesn't matter whatever your name is, because you're still the best and you will be known for that something you are good at doing."

Archer sighed. Everything had his prize. Trying to have a conversation with his Master, no matter how small, would end up with him speaking meaningless nonsense and ranting in a way that almost never made any sense at all. Sometimes it felt like... nah. It wasn't his business, as long as they managed to win.

William, understanding that Archer did not feel like listening anymore, didn't even make an attempt to finish the conversation properly, but he simply started to make his way towards the various shops to gather basic supplies.

100%

#25 – Leo


Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning
"A good morning to you, Sister Algebrae. I overcame the challenge and I am ready to claim the Grail for the Holy Church with my Saber-class Servant. What are your orders?"
"Oh, rise, Brother. I am not your spiritual liege, you should not have to bow." Following her request, you look up.

Before you stands a woman, resplendent in massive silver armor, polished to a mirror. Red hair flows down her back, contrasting with pure blue eyes, burning with faith. "Good to see that our agents have made it in properly, and that you've secured yourself a Saber. Quite frankly, I have little in the way of orders for you. You are to win the Grail at any cost. You are permitted to ask for resources from this Church, which we will grant if the situation merits. You are expected to work towards this goal with your life and soul. Does any point need elaboration?"

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
#26 – Snack Guy

Ellestia Laiania
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Considering her actual status, Ellestia thought it would be prudent to first try and get some backup from another member of ATLAS. The fact that an Enemy master was some carefree semi pro from a game league didn't mean that he was a totally unskilled Master, and therefore she made a decision.

'You there, Saber?'

'Of course I'm here, where else would I be? I can't ogle your fine figure from anywhere else you know.'

'Enough of the sexual harassment. I don't even get how anyone would like to sleep with such an unattractive woman like me, anyway. And you've been trying to get into my pants since I've seen you for the first time, literally.'

'Bah, nonsense. Your finely toned body matches my taste, and all your scars only add to the powerful feeling you give off.'

'Hmph, this isn't going to end anytime soon if we keep this up.'

'Ok, ok. You win, but I'm not gonna give up. So what's the plan? I don't mind if we just go and hound that dumb looking mofo to death, but I'm sure you disagree?'

'For today, we'll search the Moon Cell for any other ATLAS members. If enough time passes without any success, we'll just go and train in the Arena. Anyway, searching for info is the priority. I might remember some of the ATLAS people if I see them, and they might help. In any case, we could help each other until it comes to the few final rounds when we're pitted against each other.'

'A sound plan, but what about those final rounds then?'

Ellestia looked at her Servant as if saying 'what kind of stupid question is that?'.

100%

#27 – Acesu

Virgil Kadamon (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

You stared up at the large screen, written in bold was your name and one Jane Xiemburg. The name was completely unfamiliar to you but it was to be expected. The element was surprise was extremely important especially in a war like this. If your opponent didn't know who you were they couldn't collect information on you. Damn, this cloak and dagger stuff didn't suit you.

Well, it was still just morning. Many of the masters around you were already leaving to prepare for their match. Perhaps it was best if you followed their lead. Your life depended on the outcome of this match and your victory depended on your preparation. There were quite a few things you could spend your morning doing. You could track down your opponent either through your own hard work or by relying on your comrades, you could train in the arena testing yourself against the creatures hiding within.

The possibilities were almost endless. There was no point in standing around here anymore, you had to make a choice.

100%

#28 – Spin

Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

"Wow, the Moon Cell really goes all out." Said Aaron, seating himself on the edge of the cliff-side path, swinging his legs over the side, and rocking them back and forth. He raised one hand over his eyes, and looked out at the forest in the distance. "Never seen anything like this before."

"Never?" Asked the armored Servant, turning to face the furious volcano to their right.

"Never." Curtly answered Aaron. "Forests like that don't exist anymore in the real world."

"Honestly," Began the Servant, in a disappointed, almost scolding, tone. "Has humanity taken war that far these days? When will they learn..."

Aaron saw no real response he could give to that question, so he returned to taking in the sights. For a moment, Aaron and his Servant sat in relative silence. Aaron looked over the 'sea' below him, as well as the forest in the distance. The armored Servant continued to observe the volcano looming to their right. Aaron lifted up a small rock, one of many on the cliff-side, and tossed it over the edge. Soon, the rock completely went out of Aaron's sight, no doubt falling into the waters below him. Aaron giggled at the simple action.

"So," Aaron began, returning to his feet. "Whaddya think, partner? Explore the volcano, the, uh, sea, or the forest?"

The Servant turned, giving the sights below them a cursory glance, and then looked back to Aaron. "I have no preference. Do you?"

Aaron shrugged. "All three are interesting, but I really just want to meet our opponent."

"They might not even be in the Arena, Aaron." Said the Servant. He crossed his arms, and tilted his head in thought. "If they're not here, we may as well begin taking this opportunity and placing a few... impediments, for when they arrive. The forest might be the best location for your abilities, and the mountain would be better for my abilities." The Servant nodded at the decision, having narrowed down the choice to two different options. "And if they are here, we have no way of knowing where they are, anyway."

"Volcano it is." Answered Aaron, taking off down the cliff-side path in the direction of the volcano. Behind him he heard the familiar sound of his Servant's heavy boots meeting the ground with every step, and he grinned. "Hey, partner, there is one method we could try to find out if our opponent's here."

"Oh, and what might that be?"

"SAAAAAABIIIIIIIIIN!!!" Aaron yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth. "SAAAAAAAAABIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!! ARE YOU THERE!?" Behind him he heard the clink-clank of his Servant's footsteps stop for a brief moment, and then he heard the sound of a heavy armored gauntlet being slammed into a heavy armored helmet.

And so, the two set off for the volcano, Aaron calling out his opponent's name like a madman, and his Servant following behind him in silent disapproval.

100%

#29 – Leo



Ellestia Laiania
Day 1, Week 1
Morning
ATLAS... you knew that they should be in the Moon Cell somewhere, organized. But nobody from the organization had seen fit to tell you exactly how they would appear, or where. It is possible that it was from lack of trust, but more likely, it was simply because they did not know themselves. Passing information in and out of the Moon Cell was difficult and risked being compromised. They had probably just trusted their agents to be smart enough to figure it out.

It didn't make it any less annoying. You really couldn't say you were surprised: ATLAS was by nature secretive. But that nature meant that you weren't able to find any of their agents with ease, unlike the grand Church that shouted its presence to the world. Over an hour was spent wandering around the city, trying to figure out their location.

You came to an obelisk, alone in a circular space inbetween rows of houses. It... it seemed right. Walking up to it, you ran your hand over the surface, touching a carving of the sun...

Under your fingers, the stone shuddered once, and shifted. To the eye, it still looked as unyielding as always, but as you touched your hand to it again, it proved to be ghostly, letting you right through. You followed with your whole body.

The entrance led you into a maze of narrow dark chambers, lit by the occasional torch. Doors marked off residences and labs, none of which you touched. The alchemists could be protective of your work.

Constantly following the corridors, you somehow managed to reach a lone hallway with a single door at the end of unmarked black granite. At your knock, you could hear a click, and it swung open soundlessly.

In contrast to the small corridors, this new chamber was truly massive, reaching perhaps fifty feet in the air to end at a massive ceiling of rock. Bookshelves full of alchemical treatises and ingredient jars covered the walls, accompanying some smoking cauldrons. In the center of the room sat a massive desk carved from stone that would likely take at least a dozen men to move. The person behind the desk put a final touch to a paper, then put down her quill and looked at you.

Clad in purple, the girl didn't seem all that much older than you, though that could be deceptive with alchemists. Purple eyes ran you over from behind hair and a beret of the same color, clearly showing genius. With a quick straightening of her yellow tie, she spoke to you. "Laiania? Excellent. I trust you have obtained entry well?"

100%

#30 – Leo

Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

And so, the two set off for the volcano, Aaron calling out his opponent's name like a madman, and his Servant following behind him in silent disapproval.

The path to the volcano wound about part of the massive lake, though it avoided the large bays that seemed like they could bear life. Your feet crunched upon the sand, sand that seemed to have not seen feet in a long time... perhaps ever. Well, of course it was probably their first time: the Arena was a temporary construction by the Moon Cell, and it would disappear just as fast. But the simulation was still nothing short of a miracle: the feeling of walking on an ancient sea remained.

A few minutes later, one of your shouts finally seemed to have an effect. As you were about to turn away from the lake and make for the mountain, you yelled. And from your left... the sound of waves?

No. As you looked, you realized that it could not be a wave. A massive shape rose from under the lake, bursting from the surface to reveal a large Mediterranean galley. Beaching itself, it let its passengers leap onto the shore before retreating back under the waves. It clearly wasn't a mount of a Rider: rather, the Moon Cell had seen fit to grant the riders a dramatic entrance.

An entrance befitting of the riders. The leader of the two was a Middle Eastern seeming young man, maybe 17, with long hair blowing in the volcanic breeze along with his flowing purple robes. However, the cut of the robes showed you that this wasn't just a magus: the folds and cuts arranged themselves in such a way that he could easily move in whatever fashion he wished. Clothes befitting a warrior. Your impression was only reinforced by the sickle-sword that you knew as a Khopesh hanging at his side.

At his side was a massive man, almost impossibly tall. His bronze shield and spear seemed like they were too big to be held by a man, but he held them anyways. Along with the greaves and the chest armor molded to his muscles, your knowledge of history told you that this was probably a Greek hoplite, a guess sealed by the Corinthian helmet on his head that covered his entire face, only leaving his eyes to gleam out at you.

The younger man - Master - spread his arms wide, positioning himself to make a grand pronouncement. "Who calls my name? Ah, it must be you! Calling my name to the sky! Clearly, you must wish to face me!" He frowned. "But, who are you to scream my illustrious appellation? Wait..." He snapped his fingers in excitement, pointing at you. "THORSON! You have been assigned as my first enemy! How does it feel to be in the presence of the mightiest heroes of this age and past!" He turned his head over his shoulder, speaking to his Servant. "Do you want to add anything?"

The Servant responds with no concept of a quiet voice, shouting without much of a reason. "No, no, My Lord! You have the situation perfectly under control! Continue!"

Sabin turns back to you. "So, what is your response, Thorson?"

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
#31 – Five

James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Alright, with that homecooked meal in tow, I'll head down to the Commissary in the plaza, where I hear all the equipment ad stuff is being sold. Surely there'll be the right materials I need there.

Saber is silently following me from behind, invisible, and watches as a walk up to a vendor, asking to see their inventory, and also asking about where I could acquire some hair grease, a leather jacket, some cigarettes and a lighter.

100%

#32 – KT

Vayu Sigr (Virtue)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Tch. Already, things did not seem to be going well. Your opponent's name on the TV screen was simply "Dawn", offering no clue to his/her identity. Not only that, but while attempting to find the WEC building, you ended up... Elsewhere. In short, you had managed to find yourself somewhere in the Rome section, and with all the crosses lying about, it was a sure bet that a variety of Church members would be lying around.

And unfortunately, you did. Carrying a huge cross, a tall man (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/887377/1boy-aura-belt-blue_eyes-boots-brown_hair-castleva) approached you, scrutinizing your every movement.

"...And what is a man like you doing here, in the city of the Chruch?" he asks, circling around you. You don't seem to be sensing a Servant at his side, but... the fact he is carrying that huge wooden cross proves something about his strength.

​Vahan Alexander (obvious)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

What is there to say? As Europe's Gaming Champion, getting a spot in Moon Cell was a snap. And now, you were doing something any sane RPG player would do... Talk to the NPCs, of course. All of them. While someone would call this time consuming and pointless, talking to the NPCs were a fresh breath of air. They were certainly smarter and more human than any other NPC of the type, hell, better than Elder Scrolls XV. Almost human... Yeah, definitely almost human.

And when one of them, a nice, young lady who seemed rather over energetic about things asked you to fetch her shinai in the Arena, you were overjoyed. Fetch quests lead to better loot. But first, you had to prepare. Go through the shops so you would be ready for some dungeon crawling.

Kokonoe Emi (hero)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

There. You had gotten a decent amount of healing items for the task ahead, and you still had a bit of money left. All that was needed was to head into the Arena. Guns ready, you charged in, not knowing what would lie ahead of you.

When you arrived in the Arena, it was nothing like you expected it to be. You were expecting bits of code and neon glowing lines everywhere, but this was not the case at all. You were at the edge of a thick, forested jungle with flora you had never seen before. In the distance, you could see a lake, with... Wait, what was in the lake?

Bipedal, with a huge sail on its back, the monster was clearly looking for prey in the waters below. You weren't sure about whether to approach it or not, but that problem quickly resolved itself. By a stroke of bad luck, it turned to look at you, breathing and certainly not looking like the plants behind you.

It charged, and then you could clearly see what was coming at you.

Fuck, Moon Cell had dinosaurs.

It was a Spinosaurus, an animal from long past.... And it wanted to eat you. Just your luck.

Stein (Mormarth)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

The doctor (http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/105/1053956/trauma-team-20091210105312301-000.jpg) immediately stopped at your behest.

"Fine, fine... Anyway, the stuff is in the back. Would you mind helping me get it out? It's still packed in boxes... And I kind of have a patient to look at, too. So the sooner we're done, the better, alright?" His voice is sarcastic and bored sounding, but you do get the feeling he does care about whomever was in the back.

And speaking of which, isn't the back where that presence is...?

100%

#33 – Leo

James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Saber is silently following me from behind, invisible, and watches as a walk up to a vendor, asking to see their inventory, and also asking about where I could acquire some hair grease, a leather jacket, some cigarettes and a lighter.
The Commissary is surprisingly not that large. Although, it makes more sense when you think about it; after all, all the products are digital: they don't need any space for inventory. The building itself is a round structure made from nondescript granite, topped with a dome. Entering shows you a large circular space. The walls are lined with electronic panels, showing you your various options for purchase. Most of the options are as a matter of fact not related to the War: they're minor household comfort items, furnishings, and other things. Clearly, they don't see fit to sell much on the first round.

Finding the items you want to buy, you walk up to the large circular desk that dominates the center of the room, made of some kind of clear crystal. The shopkeeper seems... ill chosen for the position. A young Japanese woman leans back in a chair, dressed in a white kimono. Combat boots up on the desk and flicking a knife in the air, she seems to just not care about her position. She looks up as you approach, shaking her short, rough-cut hair. "Ya? What do ya want? Oh." It occurs to her that there was probably only one reason you would be coming to her. "Buying crap?"

Cash on hand: 1000

Yakisoba Bread - 100 - Heals Master MP (Rank 1)
Curry Bread - 200 - Heals Master MP (Rank 2)
Ether Powder - 100 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 1)
Ether Shard - 500 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 2)
Ether Drop - 100 - Heals Servant MP (Rank 1)

Arcane Monocle - 500 - Automatically maps the City for you, noting places of interest.
Room Furnishings - Varies - Items for your room.
Tough Gloves - 2000 - Increases your max MP.

100%

#34 – Spin

Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning


The younger man - Master - spread his arms wide, positioning himself to make a grand pronouncement. "Who calls my name? Ah, it must be you! Calling my name to the sky! Clearly, you must wish to face me!" He frowned. "But, who are you to scream my illustrious appellation? Wait..." He snapped his fingers in excitement, pointing at you. "THORSON! You have been assigned as my first enemy! How does it feel to be in the presence of the mightiest heroes of this age and past!" He turned his head over his shoulder, speaking to his Servant. "Do you want to add anything?"
"Hah, so you remember my name! I would expect no less, given how great a name it is!" Aaron proclaimed, sizing up the man who answered his call. He certainly seemed like the type to be able to handle a fight, and the sword at his waist only reinforced that image. Standing beside him, the armored Servant looked over Sabin's Servant, remaining silently vigilant. "How do I feel, you ask? Elated, honestly! Ecstatic! Euphoric! Even though I find myself locked in a battle to the death with many others, I cannot help but find myself overjoyed to be in the presence of so many interesting men and women."

Indeed, Aaron turned to look over the Servant standing beside Sabin. A tall man, armored, though the little he knew of the armor was that the helmet was of Corinthian make. His stature, as well as the large arms he bore, gave him an aura of power that Aaron found himself respecting, even though he knew not the name of this foe. Of course, he would have to change that last part. No man's name would escape Aaron Thorson.

Aaron then turned, and looked over his own Servant. The knight who stood beside him was not as tall as the monster of a man beside Sabin, but he gave off his own aura of power, though of a different kind. It was more like a radiance, born of both confidence and purity, rather than the pure strength coming from the other Servant. He stood just barely taller than Aaron himself, but his awe inspiring armor more than made up for the difference in height between the two Servants.

Aaron nodded, satisfied that his Servant matched up to his opponent's, and then turned back to Sabin.

"So, as I have answered your question, I would ask you to do the same. Tell me, Sabin, what is the meaning of the IX in your name? Are you the successor to that name? Where does such an unusual name come from?" Aaron asked, a grin growing larger and larger on his face, fueled by his curiosity of the etymology of this man's name. "I've never heard such a name before, and I won't be able to sleep well until my curiosity has run dry."

100%

#35 – Leo

Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

"So, as I have answered your question, I would ask you to do the same. Tell me, Sabin, what is the meaning of the IX in your name? Are you the successor to that name? Where does such an unusual name come from?" Aaron asked, a grin growing larger and larger on his face, fueled by his curiosity of the etymology of this man's name. "I've never heard such a name before, and I won't be able to sleep well until my curiosity has run dry."
He grins back at you. "Ohohoho? You will not sleep? Perhaps I ought to not tell you, so that you will be inflicted by the curse of lethargy when we meet in glorious battle!" He puts his finger to his lips, pondering. "But, I think I shall tell you some of my history! You have been polite enough to answer me, and an answer you shall have! You see, I am in fact the ninth bearer of the name Sabin, as you may have guessed. It is written 'I' 'X' as those are the numerals of the Romans for nine! And using Roman numerals lends such things a gravitas not available otherwise. But as to why-"

His Servant cuts in on his speech, stopping his wildly gesturing hands. "Master, our goal in this desolate barbarian land is to obtain the Triggers!" The Servant levels his spear at yours like an accusatory finger. "YOU BAR OUR PATH TO VICTORY! STAND ASIDE!"

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:18 PM
#36 – Five

James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

There's a tough-looking Japanese woman tending the stall. Seems like she's the one to talk to, and a little screen pops up showing me what to buy. Saber's eyes widen up at the "Household Furnishings" entry.

I sigh. "No, we can't buy that. I'm not too rich, y'know." I notice her shoulders droop a little.

Well, I turn back to the shopkeeper. I'll buy...

Two of the Yakisoba Bread, whatever that is. Hopefully it tastes good.

One single Ether Drop.

And, Two Ether Powders. Please.

Oh, and I also ask her where I can find some hair grease, a leather jacket and some cigarettes... though at least with the latter, I think I might be able to just "create" it like I did with the homecooked meal earlier, since it's a pretty normal object that I would've had access to before I entered the Moon Cell.

Jeez. Hopefully this won't cost too much.

100%

#37 – Spin

Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Morning


He grins back at you. "Ohohoho? You will not sleep? Perhaps I ought to not tell you, so that you will be inflicted by the curse of lethargy when we meet in glorious battle!" He puts his finger to his lips, pondering. "But, I think I shall tell you some of my history! You have been polite enough to answer me, and an answer you shall have! You see, I am in fact the ninth bearer of the name Sabin, as you may have guessed. It is written 'I' 'X' as those are the numerals of the Romans for nine! And using Roman numerals lends such things a gravitas not available otherwise. But as to why-"
Aaron watched with mixed excitement and impatience as Sabin began his explanation. As he had guessed, Sabin was not the first to bear the name.

'Hah, Roman numerals! The age they convey does not compare to the splendor of my own name. Now, from where does this name originate-'


His Servant cuts in on his speech, stopping his wildly gesturing hands. "Master, our goal in this desolate barbarian land is to obtain the Triggers! We may make small talk with these people later." The Servant levels his spear at yours like an accusatory finger. "YOU BAR OUR PATH TO VICTORY! STAND ASIDE!"
Aaron scowled. To be so close to knowing all that could be known about his enemies history, to be inches from the definitive conclusion of this contest of names, and to be denied, was most upsetting. Aaron opened his mouth to protest, but stopped himself.

'The Servant did indeed say that he and his Master could make "small talk" later. Honestly, to consider this display of origins to be 'small talk' is absolute garbage. What kind of uncultured brute is that Servant?'

Though he was not pleased to have his query delayed, Aaron knew that rushing blindly into a fight would be the end of him, even if he did want to hit that Servant upside the face with the bar in his hand. Aaron looked to his side, exchanging nods of agreement with his Servant. Truly, it was at times like these that Aaron was thankful that the one who was chosen to fight alongside him was so perfectly matched for himself. Though the two had far different interests when off of the battlefield, the two usually found it easy to come to agreements, especially ones such as these.

And now was one of those times.

"Very well, Servant, who I assume to be a Lancer, judging by your weapon, we see no reason to do battle here and now." Aaron answered, meeting eyes with the enemy Servant. Turning to address Sabin, he continued. "Sabin, perhaps we could continue this discussion another time, and then you could tell me the history of your name. No doubt there is much for you to tell."

Saying so, both Aaron and his Servant moved aside, making room for both Sabin and his Servant to pass them with ease. dohohohoho

100%

#38 – 12

Leinhart von Einzbern
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Well then… Let’s get started, shall we! The enthusiastic thought rebounded through his digital mind. Clad in the black uniform of a member of the student council, Leinhart was a bit unusual in appearance.

Though it made a degree of sense that the Moon Cell might produce an NPC based off the Einzbern family, due to similarities with that family’s failed Grail War. Perhaps it was merely fate? The Einzbern didn’t really care overly much about what the other Masters thought, though.

It’s all a game… A faint smile tugged at his lips. He liked games.

”Unseen. Lair. Observe. Prepare. Hunt.” Simple words, whispers in a coarse voice that could have been lost on the wind. They were spoken in no direction, from the empty air. Had Leinhart not sensed his Servant, he would have missed them. As it was, he didn’t turn to face the empty space that those words had come from. He had no need to. What was said was heard and understood, even in such simple terms.

He looked up at the display once more. Mine Neko Radian… Mine is mine is Mine is mine is Mine is mine is Mine is mine is Mine is mine is Mine is mine is Mine is mine is Mine is mine is Mine is mine is… Heh… We really shouldn’t be thinking like that so soon… Oops. Oh well.
With his mind a bit more… stable, Leinhart formed a list of goals. His Servant was right... They needed a place to rest, information, resources, and to find and eliminate this Radian person. That said, his Terminal would probably be sufficient, but…

Exposing that thing would mark him immediately as a Master. It would be somewhat counterproductive, after having spent so much time in the role of a Student Council member, even if it had allowed him to watch the other Masters for a while. That said, he’d need to either employ it away from prying eyes, or find an alternative source of information. So then, the first order of business would be to secure a base.

“Be a dear and find us a place to call home.” There was no response from the empty air, but he could already tell that his Servant was on the move. Assassin would find a suitable atelier, he was sure.

Meanwhile, he sat down at a nearby café and watched the other Masters and Servants milling around. Who knows what sort of information he might find just by observing, after all? There was really little else to do while he waited for his Servant to return.

As he settled into his chair, his eyes lit with a subtle inner fire, half hidden by his pale bangs, and even more by his drooping eyelids. He rested one elbow on the table, his chin in his hands, and let his eyes, smoldering violet, sweep over the crowds, taking in the sights. He watched with that laconic smile as a young man literally vanished from the morass of digital bodies.
Interesting.

That was something to go in his files.
He let his eyes lazily drift over the masses, taking in the details of appearances, clothing, the environment.
A world of data. We might like to live in such a place.

100%

#39 – Buster

Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning


"Oh, rise, Brother. I am not your spiritual liege, you should not have to bow." Following her request, you look up.

Before you stands a woman, resplendent in massive silver armor, polished to a mirror. Red hair flows down her back, contrasting with pure blue eyes, burning with faith. "Good to see that our agents have made it in properly, and that you've secured yourself a Saber. Quite frankly, I have little in the way of orders for you. You are to win the Grail at any cost. You are permitted to ask for resources from this Church, which we will grant if the situation merits. You are expected to work towards this goal with your life and soul. Does any point need elaboration?"

Clearly, a woman of few words.
He stood up and gave a quick gesture of Saber to do the same.
"No, I thank you Knight Sister. Please let us know if the Church requires our services, or if there is any information you have of my opponent. His name seems to be "Master Seithr"..."

Apparently the Knight Sister does not hand out financial help just like that. To Andrei it made sense, after all what use is there in giving every Church member money if there is no evidence of their Servants abilities? To focus ressources would make much more sense, since there is only one winner.

"...I will pray for our fallen brothers and then head to the arena. Goodbye Sister Algebrae."

After lighting a candle and praying for those who gave their lives for the church during the qualification process, he went to the comissary, trying to shop basic supplies for the arena.

-----

"Healing supplements? For the Arena? My...Master, please do not be so foolish." Once again Saber materialized without asking. Andrei had given up on trying to make him break his bad habits.

"What do you...oh. I am sorry." Andrei grinned mischievously, remembering the abilities of his Servant.

"As long as you do not forget it during battle everything shall be fine." said the warrior, mirroring the grin of his Master.

Andrei spent his money on the Arcane Monocle and an Ether Shard for emergencies.

"They also offer furniture...interesting." Andrei had no money to spend anymore, so he did not look further into it, but his Servant could not leave a simple statement like that uncomemnted.

"What is it, Master? Are you not satisfied with your housing? To fill your room with luxuries is to fill your earthly existence with vice!" the Servants volume increased, startling the shopkeeper

Oh no, he's starting...

"Why do the circumstances of your living matter? You are only loading your immortal soul with the burdens of posession. Or is it that you are not satisfied with eating, sleeping and praying?" Andrei could see Saber's eyes burning with passion. He could only muster an intimidated reply:

"Well some of this could be...."

But the Servant would not let him finish. Now his whole body seemed to be caught in his burning zeal, as he started gesticulating wildly, pronouncing every word he said with more fervor as he went on "OR BETTER YET, fasting, sleeping and praying? Fear not, brother, I do not require luxuries, and I will always be by your side to stop you from giving in to the temptations of greed and worldly pleasures!"

"...Master" Andrei brought his palm to his face and started rubbing his temples as he replied with an annyoed tone.

"I told you, brother is enough, for we are..."

"...let us just go to the Arena, Saber." He cut him off before he could go on another speech. "Please enter spirit form until then..."

"Very well, Master." Not only did the Servant listen to his command, he also adressed him correctly.

So maybe there is some hope after all. I could try training him with snacks...or better yet, communion wafers...

-----

Standing in front of the giant structure that is the Arena, Andrei ordered his Servant to materialize. He checked his robes for his Black Key hilts and the Ether Shard he purchased before.

How practical, only the hilts need to be carried...I wish this would work in our world...

"Are you ready Saber?" he asked his Servant.

"I am."

No monologue? It seems that even he is in awe...

"Let us go". Andrei opened the door and entered the Arena.

100%

#40 – Airen

Alan Griffin
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Don't mind him. My Master is not the most talkative sort, you see", Caster said softly from behind Ulysses. "It would be easier to make river flow upstream than to get words out of him. But do not blame him. It is not his fault."
The soft voice of the enemy Servant made itself known once again, her calm explanation of her Master's silence making it clear that she was used to basically serving as her Master's voice. It was a bit of an odd arrangement for a Master and Servant to have he supposed, but it wasn't unheard of to be medically unable to speak, even in this modern age in which most physical and mental disabilities could be healed with the many wonders of technology. Of course, Alan had no real, concrete proof that this young man was a mute, but what little evidence he did have seemed to hint that the young man was actually incapable of speech.

"Oh? So your Master is actually unable to speak?" It was a pretty blunt way to ask the question, but there was no reason to dance around a person's disability, "That's rather unfortunate, but it could prove to be useful if you decided to disguise yourself as a CPU. Most people would just assume that your silence is a glitch in the system, or something like that anyway."

It wasn't unusual for Alan to give other people advice, in fact, it was just something that he naturally tended to do for some reason, probably because he had always found some small enjoyment in the art of problem-solving, even if the problems he solved were not his own. This particular representative of Atlas seemed to be unused to most social interactions, but the only thing that could help with that sort of issue would be practice, and while the man's Servant was serving as his voice, it was still a bit awkward to try to keep up a conversation through a third-party.

Still, he should understand the concept of shaking hands right?

"Anyway," his tone casual, he extended his hand for a handshake, "I don't know either of your names, but it was kind of of you to bring this package here for me." He laughed then, and said, "I'm not sure what exactly Atlas has sent me, but I'm sure it's important, so I'm going to have to end this conversation here for now."

Now all that was left to do, was see how the young man responded to the handshake, and consequently, how far behind he was on the art of interacting with other people.

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
#41 – Verg

Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Anyway…I don't know either of your names, but it was kind of you to bring this package here for me. I'm not sure what exactly Atlas has sent me, but I'm sure it's important, so I'm going to have to end this conversation here for now."
To those words, Ulysses simply stared at Alan with his never-blinking stare. Then, his eyes switched their target to the extended hand. It was clear that he was taking in something quite unfamiliar at that moment, but then, with slight hesitation, he extended his own hand and gripped Alan’s.

--------- In the end, he got used to the alien concept pretty quickly.

After almost awkwardly long time, Ulysses let go of Alan’s hand. His handshake had not been firm nor sloppy, the kind of shake where the other person did not know if he should apply force or not. Moving his hand in front of his face, Ulysses stared at it for a moment, as if wondering about the touch of another person.

“…”

It seemed that he had decided something, as Ulysses then promptly turned around. He gave Alan one last look and began walking away, without something as much as good-bye. Well, it was not like he could be blamed. He didn’t know about such gesture. Caster, however…

“See you later, dear. And that little one behind you”, she said with a voice that made it nearly obvious she gave them a wink. “Hopefully in the finals.”

And with that, both Ulysses and Caster simply vanished from sight, teleporting to another part of the city.

-------------

Ulysses and his Servant materialized in front of Arena. The blue-haired young man took in his surroundings, analyzing the structure of the huge building. He quickly deduced all the outer facts about the building, but since he was not yet inside, he could not make any assumptions.

“So, Master? Ready to go?” Caster asked. “I have what’s needed ready right here, on my palm. They should be able to help us alright.”

100%

#42 – Neko

Oswald Butler
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"........"

An man with aurburn hair stands apart from the busy crowd, looking at the huge screen. His empty brown eyes, hidden behind dark sunglasses, spot the name of his future opponent: Anise Alistair. Disguising his investigative glances with casual turns of his head, he scans the crowd for his opponent. But, unlike the other Arena pairs, this "Anise" refused to show his or herself to him. Seeing as it was useless to stay any longer, Butler brakes away from the crowd. With the flutter of his dark violet coat, he was gone.

He walks at a brisk pace, avoiding people walking against him.

"---Caster."

Nothing.

"Caster."
He feels the cluster of invisible prana behind him stir, but again nothing.

"Caster!"

"Hm? Oh. I beg your pardon, Master. I was busy."

"With?"

"Analyzing the structure of these buildings. I say, architecture has definitely evolved since my time. Although they are quite bland; not a stroke of creativity in them at all."

Butler groans. Of all the Servants he could of summoned, he summons an old man with a fancy towards construction and the arts.

"Caster. How long do you need to preparations for this weekend?"

"Hm? Depends. If I had a workshop set up.....a day and a half. But this is all for naught if I do not what we are against. But I shall assume the worst and act accordingly."

Butler merely nods.

With confirmation from his Servant, Butler makes his way towards the city. First, he had to aquire a place to rent. From there, Caster could build his workshop and Butler could continue with his next plan of action: gathering information on Anise Alistair.

100%

#43 – Vahan

Vahan Alexander
Week 1, Day 1
Morning
This was a strange world. No, to call it a world was not exactly correct. It was an illusion, a very well made one, but ultimately it was nothing more than a façade, several tons of wool pulled over the eyes of everyone who existed within this space. No. It was not even a ‘Space’, the element of ‘Space’ did not exist here either, another illusion, an illusion within an illusion in-fact … illuception? A strange and paradoxical case of which the programming behind was almost impossible to decipher, something fooled the Soul into believing that it was ‘here’ … and he should know, he had tried. Waking up from the illusion had been quick, perhaps he had been one of the first, or perhaps he had never even been fooled by it at all and yet … somehow instead he had enjoyed that quiet week of just being ‘normal’, drinking with ‘friends’, morning exercise and the dullness of ‘lectures’. And then everything changed the inevitable wheels of fate driving him forward and he left ‘normality’ behind and woke himself up from the dream. Even as the wooden doll-like Effigy had crumpled like foil, never to work again as his Servant destroyed it in a flurry of merciless blows, the thought still remained in his head: “I wonder if these NPC’s are even alive?”

Should he even call them NPC’s? I mean, they had some form of rudimentary sentience so it was not like they were just pointless programs there to make up the numbers, however to call them ‘non-player’ would perhaps be a bit too harsh. Since when did being an artificial intelligence not make you a player? They were all playing, but just a different game to the rest of them, or at least that was how he liked to think about it. He had watched, quietly observing the attitudes of people, some of them treated the NPC’s with distain, as if they were some form of ‘superior’ race in comparison to them, other avoided them entirely, as if they were somehow alien. As for himself? He had just talked to them, treating them like normal people … for several hours, which was probably the most ‘human’ contact he had had since getting here. Even the slightly cynical monotone voice that had guided him through what he could only describe as the ‘Tutorial’ had turned out to be an NPC … that had been an interesting conversation, and one he would not like to repeat.

That was when he had stumbled across a young lady. I say ‘young lady’ because it seemed that the use of any other form of pleasantry or formality to do with age would result in his head being mashed into the ground, which would probably be the fastest way to reach a Dead End. In a voice which brimmed with excitement and energy she had furiously explained that she had lost her Shinai within the Arena and would be absolutely delighted if he could fetch it for her. Textbook ‘Retrieval’ Quest for a damsel in distress.

However, a debate now raged within his mind. What should he do? Charging recklessly into the Arena without stocking up would be a stupid idea. Were he able to save the game now he would do so and then try it to find out if it held more benefits then stocking up, especially if there was money involved. The pitiful tithe which he had started with was not really enough to sustain prolonged Dungeon Crawling, however it was a goodly amount for starting with. Although he supposed that it would increase depending on the amount of enemies he defeated or quests he completed, that was normally how things went. Either that or he was going to have to barter with the other Masters, which would be interesting, especially since haggling first thing on a morning was not exactly the best thing for ones stomach. The alternative was to scout out the store, see what was available, compare it with what he had on hand, and then go to the Arena in search of her .. what was it again? ‘Shinai’? Wasn’t that some form of kendo sword? Or at least that was what his slightly intimate knowledge of Anime and manga told him it was, which meant that it had never been 100% correct.

“Next thing you know I’ll be searching for Oranges” He murmured to himself nonchalantly.

He was rewarded for his early onset of madness by a warm sensation in the lobe of his right ear, to which was attached an earring. Well … it was not so much an earring as it was a small piece of dangling metal cylinder with a few small metallic beads that he had attached to the ear of his ‘Avatar’ … he was just hoping he got the right ear, if he did the wrong one then the social consequences could be potentially awkward. Engraved on the surface of the cylinder were several small sigils, gilded in gold and interwoven into a miniature communication matrix, or at least that was how it was supposed to work. The idea was that one could ‘share’ the senses of the person with the other earing and visa-versa. This of course was quite useful, especially since he was surrounded by Masters and Servants at this point and since conventional Masters cannot see Servants in their Spirit Forms, the fact that he had a Servant seeing through his eyes was a practical advantage to say the least, especially since he was not with him at this point in time. The only disadvantage was the shelf life on this sort of Thaumaturgical process was about a day, then he would have to replace it, and the idea of continually having to remove earrings was enough of a hazard to his sexuality to begin with.

“Yo Master! That was a fine, well-endowed young lady you were just talking too. Do you think you might like to take the opportunity to introduce us when we’re finished for today?”

At the ringing of his Servant’s voice echoing inside his head, Alex felt a redness cross his cheeks, although whether or not it was defensiveness or anger or embarrassment he was not quite sure.

“I don’t think so, I vaguely remember her as my homeroom teacher during the prep week, and the last thing I want you doing is her chatting up.”

“Why not?”

“Because she would pound you into the earth with her bare fists like the demon she is, that woman is probably more deadly than any Servant that the Moon Cell could ever conjure up. Besides, she’s already taken.”

You could almost hear the expression on his Servants face change from eagerness to disappointment to challenging eagerness.

“Who? I’ll challenge them to single combat and prove my worth to her like any good man should before he sweeps a woman off their feet!”

“I don’t think you’re her type. She likes her men a little … younger then you. Rumour has it that she’s having an illicit relationship with a student at the School.”

That pretty much killed that strain of conversation dead, as the only thing audible was a few mental grumblings from the other end. Something to do with impalement and stabbing.

“Did you manage to find anywhere that might be a suitable hideout?”

“Hideout? What are we, Thieves?”

The Servant was quick to change track from grumbling to humours offence. He might have sounded offended, and perhaps somewhere at the depth of his core he was, however the sarcasm also washed a lot of the chance of it being taken serious out the window.

“Fine, how does ‘Stronghold’ sound?. Did you manage to find a suitable Stronghold?”

“Mu?”

At this comedic yet annoying answer, probably revenge for the ‘hideout’ comment, Alex felt a vein pulse somewhere in his forehead.

“Did you find somewhere or not!?”

“Of course Master! Did you expect someone of my Skill to not be able to find somewhere?-” Yeah … if you could take your eyes of the women “-Besides, that little trinket of yours helped to keep away the prying eyes-” You weren’t using it to prey on women? “-so I set up a small barrier, secret-like so no-one would notice, I don’t think anyone else has laid claim to it just yet but you can never be too sure.”

“Good, you can show me when we get back.”

“Back? Where are we going?”

“The Arena of course. We have to go a hunting for a Shinai. Plus, while we’re there, we might be able to find out who our Opponent is!” He paused for a moment “Oh yeah, and on top of those Side-Quests, we still have to complete the Main Quest: Find the … Tigers? … no, Triggers! That was it, those things that the Priest was talking about, since not making it to the first Elimination Round would just be embarrassing!”

“Side … Quests?”

“Just roll with it, it’s how I think.”

He could almost feel his Servant shrugging.

“How long will it take for you to get to the Arena?”

“What does it look like again?”

“Remember that big dome thing? Glass and steel? That’s the Arena, I’m about five minutes away.”

“Pfft! I could run from where I am now and back thrice before you’re even halfway there.”

Ignoring that last ego-filled comment, Alex terminated the connection. With a last wave to some minor NP-, Person! he had been talking too, he turned to face the massive dome of the Arena with a glowing sense of anticipation. Adjusting the belts at his waist that held the two small knives he seemed to have carried into the Moon Cell with his, he shifted the position of the strap of the small hold-all bag he had slung over one shoulder so that it was more comfortable.

Then, with only the slightest hint of trepidation, the Gaming Champion of Europe set off to go Dungeon Crawling for a Shinai … and probably run into his opponent at the same time if he was unlucky enough!

100%

#44 – Virtue

Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning

Vayu sighed and looked at the man before him. Vayu's agenda... he didn't need any more enemies, but allies would be useful too, even if hehad little love for the church.
He began weighing a few ideas quickly in his head and turned to directly face the man, making eye contact. "Ah... I just decided to enjoy the sights. It's rare to see Rome in it's splendour, even if it's only a shadow of it's former self."
A subtle lie... then again he was lost.

"Yo... Master, I think we should ask for directions. If I understand right... you don't have any problems with the Church right? So unless he's an opponent... no even if he is, we might as well ask to get where we need to go."
Archer spoke in his spiritual form, paying some attention to the surroundings. "I never did get a chance to visit here... well not here but Rome. If I lived a little longer... oh well, I'm at least seeing an image of it now."

"Ah, alright you got me. I'm looking for the WEC headquarters. I got lost... somehow and well if you could point me in the general direction that would be much obliged. I was honest though. It looks nice here and I have no personal issues with you or the church."

100%

#45 – Hero

Kokonoe Emi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


When they opened their eyes, they found themselves in a thick, forested jungle.

"This is bad." Emi could not sound more disappointed. "I wanted a place where I could fight freely... Not this."

It was only natural. For someone who loved to enter combat as soon as possible, the place put them at a disadvantage. Not only it would be hard to find foes, but foes would not be able to find them with ease. At least that was Kokonoe Emi's train of thought and the only thing she was concerned of. The fact that Assassin could make full use of her abilities in such terrain did not even cross her mind.

"For the last time... I order you to make your presence known." The Master had the solution. Releasing Assassin's Magical Energy into the arena would probably lure potential enemies. The Servant, however, did not believe it to be a good idea. "Don't force me to use a Command Seal on something so trivial!"

With a sigh, Assassin materialized. She looked like a woman on her mid twenties, with long black hair and dark blue eyes. She was wearing an uniform that resembled that of the Japanese priestesses, Miko, with a headband tied around her forehead. Another notable trait was her more than decent cleavage that bounced slightly every time she took a step. She unsheathed her katana slowly, as she took a deep breath and prepared herself for battle. If they were to fight another team, that was the least she could do.

"Master, s-stand back!"

Came Assassin's sudden warning in response to a new threat. A Spinosaurus, a creature many times bigger than a human, was charging towards them at full speed. At this rate...

She would have to fight to protect her Master.

"I..." She tightened the grip on her sword. "I...!"

"I don't have time for weaklings like you...!"

It was unbelievable, but her Master had already countered the beast's charge with one of her own, leaving her behind, standing there like an useless idiot. "My lady!" But by the time the words came out of her mouth, it was already too late. The battle had already began. The only thing she could do was wait for the time in which Kokonoe Emi would require her aid.



"Widen... Sei Ausbruch!"

Compressed Air gathered around her feet in an instant and the next, Emi was shot forward like a bullet, the straight trajectory she followed increasing her speed even further. The artificial instincts of the dinosaur warned it of this change in the parameters of its prey and the Spinosaurus responded by performing a deadly tail swipe, capable of breaking several bones upon impact-!

But.

The very same air that allowed her to move at a velocity a normal human could not reach, also enabled her to jump high distances if used properly. And she did, evading the attack by a minuscule amount of distance. Stepping out of its reach, she performed a beautiful somersault in the air, grace never leaving her body. If a spectator saw the battle in slow motion, it would appear to him or her, that Kokonoe Emi was dancing like the finest of princesses.

Her landing matched her previous movements in elegance, and came together with a victorious pose. It caught the beast by surprise and surely captivated any possible onlookers.

"Gotcha!"

A smile. Her arm extended, a musket aimed at the Spinosaurus' head. It was seemingly over.

*Bang*

A single gunshot was heard.

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
#46 – Fang

Virgil Kadamon (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Attachment 4238 (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4238)


While the whole cloak and dagger thing wasn't really his style, Virgil was a hunter of sorts - his job required it of him. But his wasn't just a job was it this time? No, it was much much more. Jane Xiemburg. It's a pity, but that woman would have to die. Virgil wasn't soft or naive enough to show mercy to a stranger, especially when his life was at stake; such kindness had been literally cut from within. His body had the scars to prove it.

There was no need to wait until the end of the week for the match. Why wait for a fair fight when his time could be better spent stacking the odds in his favor? The only question was how to go about his mission.

"As I thought, I should meet up with the others and try to gather information, first," Virgil concluded. With the aid of his allies, they could gather information faster. As it stood, Virgil knew literally nothing about his opponent, though going by the name, it was a reasonably good guess that his opponent was female. And while there could be only one in the end, his brothers and sisters were all servants to a greater cause, willing to sacrifice their lives for it as long as one of their own won, so then why was he thinking about that woman? She belonged to the enemy camp, and yet Virgil had...

"Let's go," Virgil said, seemingly addressing no one at all, but a disembodied voice answered him.

"Yes, Master."

100%

#47 – Snack Guy

Ellestia Laiania
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Ellestia cocked a brow. She didn't show surprise often, but this situation was one to be called a genuine surprise. Then again, she was dealing with someone quite important. Considering that, the current situation might just be the only thing to expect.

"Sion Eltnam Atlasia. I didn't know that you yourself would be in the Moon Cell, but as expected ATLAS always defies expectations."

After glancing about the room, Ellestia opened her mouth again.

"I do not know the details about how many ATLAS members are currently participating in the war, but considering the current looks of our base - I doubt it is a small number. Anyway, I thank you for giving me a chance at this war, and of course I have gained entry - and a 'fine' Servant."

Gesturing towards thin air where her Servant was currently in Spirit state, she continued. She emphasized 'fine', which more or less indicated that she wasn't too happy with her Servant's antics - although he was indeed quite strong.

"So, I am guessing that my personal quarters are also to be stationed here? I have all my usual equipment on hand, but it would always be good to have a place to 'create' more materials I will need for this war."

Considering her mercenary style which preferred hit and run tactics, assassinations and traps, she would need anything she could get. While thinking about what she might need, Ellestia habitually glanced at her right hand, and the golden ring on her ring finger.

"Anyway, if you are interested, I could introduce you to my Servant. I won't be giving away any information other than his Class, however - since it isn't really necessary to do so."

Or, more or less, it was the Servant asking to be introduced to the 'fine lady' standing in front of them.

Ellestia really could not understand the tastes of this pervy old man.

100%

#48 – Sat

Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


She waits a bit to respond. Whether it’s to keep her identity a secret or poor social ability, you’re not entirely sure.

“Y-yes...” She responds with some hesitation in her voice. “I am Valentine Heart.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Li. I… I hope we can get along well too, even though we’re going to be enemies...” She responds earnestly, but is unsure of what to say next.

An uncomfortable silence descends for the moment, with Valentine unable to think of anything to say to you, but not ready to leave after meeting her opponent just yet. If there’s anything you want to ask her, it’s likely that this would be the most opportune moment to do it.


William Hemholtz (Optimus)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Wandering your way around to the various shops located in the city to get some basic supplies, you come across a large round domed structure made with granite. Going inside to see if the building is stocked with the supplies you want, you find the interior of it to be as would be expected from the outside; a large, circular space.

The electric displays around the walls of the space show you the various options that you have for purchase. A lot of them are earthly, simple comforts, not of much note. Still, this seems to be a general store, stocked with some standard goods that might be of use. Otherwise, the room is mostly empty, with little else of note other then the large circular desk positioned in the dead centre of the room. It’s the counter for the goods that you want to buy, you assume. The shopkeeper appears to be extremely lax about her job, leaning back heavily in her chair. With her boots propped up on the desk and dressed in a white kimono, the knife that she wields does not seem to be an extraordinary weapon.

However, to think the Moon Cell would let important good be robbed at the discretion of the masters seems foolish. As you get closer, she takes notice of you and looks up halfheartedly. “You coming here to buy something too?”

Shopping list (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1543-Fate-EXTRA-Heaven-s-Cage?p=560736&viewfull=1#post560736)


Oswald Butler (Mssrneko)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


You make your way through the city, looking for a suitable furnishing for you and your servant. As you branch out from the place you start out, you notice that the pavement you walk on slowly turns from the smooth concrete that you’re quite familiar with to cobblestone, made up of many shiny and solid rocks arranged in a haphazard pattern. Similarly, the buildings around you turn from modern apartment complexes, to some of the older 19th century buildings, with their wrought iron fences woven in intricate patterns. Observing the pattern carefully, you use this to quickly go onwards to find an acceptable living space to your tastes rather quickly.

There it is.

With your keen eye, you spot a base that’s most suitable for you, speeding up your leisurely pace a bit. It sits on a hill. Surrounded by a fence that keeps out intruders, the house is a relatively modest two story building, with several windows and being comfortably spacious. It doesn’t appear to have any occupants, although you can’t be sure.

Nearing the gates, a slight push reveals it’s unlocked. Opening with a slight creaking sound, you move forward towards the door, where a slight push reveals it to be similarly unlocked. Opening it, you’re greeted by an empty hallway, with several rooms to the side and several sets of stairs leading both upwards and downwards.

100%

#49 – Leo

James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Morning
Oh, and I also ask her where I can find some hair grease, a leather jacket and some cigarettes... though at least with the latter, I think I might be able to just "create" it like I did with the homecooked meal earlier, since it's a pretty normal object that I would've had access to before I entered the Moon Cell.
Total spending: 500
Cash remaining: 500

In regards to the grease, jacket, and tobacco, she looks at you as if you had a bird on your head, pointing to a section of the inventory that has all those things. Grease for 5, a jacket for 50, and cigarettes for 10/pack.




Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning
"Let us go". Andrei opened the door and entered the Arena.
The world flickers and changes to the Arena, depositing you in a massive forest. Trees stretch fifty feet into the air, casting the undergrowth in rays of light, illuminating dust in the air. Massive ferns and grasses litter the ground, the building blocks of the soil. No clear path presents itself... or, no human path. There's clearly a trail left by some kind of large creature. Perhaps it knows where it's going.

100%

#50 – Opti

William Hemholtz
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

-"... Heh, this at least is far much easier to understand than the whole money thingy.

I'll take one Yakisoba Bread, one Curry Bread, two Ether Powders, and two Ether Shards. I think that should cover most of our needs right now. Hmm... If I recall correctly, we should have like, 300 left? Yeah, that makes sense I guess."

Archer amused himself watching how his Master struggled to use his fingers in order to get his calculations right. Once William was done and recieved the stuff he bought... No words were needed.

It was time to enter the arena and look for the triggers before investigating.

SeiKeo
January 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
#51 – Five

James Hawthorn
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Oh, good. Things aren't too expensive here, after all. Though, the way these things work... I don't actually need to "carry" them with me; they go into some invisible inventory somewhere where I can access them at will. I really have to wonder about the ridiculously advanced technology of this place. Next I know, there will be televisions with flat screens, and portable gramophones!

"I'll get one bottle of hair grease, one leather jacket, a pack of cigarettes, and some matches if those aren't included with the cigs."

As soon as I've bought this, I'll go home and put my outfit all together.

I hear Saber grumbling behind me.

"I do hope, Master, that this change of pace will be useful in some way, and will not actually simply make you appear as some idiot."

I chuckle. "Ah? Does that mean you think I'm not an idiot?"

Even though she's invisible, I can tell that she's crossed her arms, and she scoffs. "You'll perhaps look more like an idiot with that disguise, then. Are you satisfied, Master?"

Sometimes, I wish that I had summoned a less belligerent Servant.

100%

#52 - Five again

James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

"The name's James, but my friends call me 'Shakes, babycakes." I say to the mirror, flipping up my collar just as I end my sentence. "Get it? I'm all about the Shakin' speare, you know? That guy knew his shit, and I've read him since I was a kid."

Hm. I think that's alright. I glide my hands over my slicked-back black hair, making sure there are no loose strands, and light up a cigarette, letting the smell seep into my jacket. Normally this is just a good way for me to be spotted and killed, but for this scenario I need to not only look authentic, but also sound and smell like a real greaser, too. If I don't make the grade, then I won't convince anybody that I'm not actually a competent magus.

Anyhow, I turn to Saber. "How's it look, girl? Am I the real deal or what?" Ah, damn, I forgot to drop the accent and speaking style.

She's got a very obvious sneer on her face. "I do hope that this will be very temporary, Master, as if it is not, I am afraid that I will be forced to kill you and hide your body in the arena where not a single person will find it." She rests her hand on the pommel of her sheathed sword. "In addition, do not ever call me by the diminutive 'girl' or any petulant variation thereof. If you want our relationship to be a healthy one, then you will do just as I ask."

I really, really do wonder if she'll lighten up eventually. This war is serious, but not ever second of every hour has to be so stern and focused.

"Anyhow," I tell her, talking like normal, "We should go see that Demi Lacroix woman. Don't show yourself, and let me talk to her. I'm not an actor, but I've hung around the greaser crowd long enough to pretty much be one when it counts."

She shrugs nonchalantly, sort of forced into this, and follows me out of the apartment, turning invisible.

I'll check around the plaza and the city for Demi, but I'm not really sure where she'll be. I just have to search around, I guess, and if I don't find her, I'll just head off to the Arena.

100%

#53 – Buster

Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning
The world flickers and changes to the Arena, depositing you in a massive forest. Trees stretch fifty feet into the air, casting the undergrowth in rays of light, illuminating dust in the air. Massive ferns and grasses litter the ground, the building blocks of the soil. No clear path presents itself... or, no human path. There's clearly a trail left by some kind of large creature. Perhaps it knows where it's going.
Andrei and Saber were both in awe as they looked around and slowly tried to regain their orientation in the utterly foreign enviroment that presented itself to them.

"Woah...it's so...green?" Andrei spoke the first thing that came to his mind as he took notice of the ferns and grass around him.

Not exactly the most eloquent thing to say...but where do you see places like that in our world?

"Master, apparently there is a path laid out before us." Saber answered after regaining his composure from the sudden change of places.

"These look like footprints...stay on your guard." Andrei let Saber take the lead as they followed the path. "We will look for the trigger, and afterwards we will try to find out as much about the Masters who are exploring the Arena at the moment as we can, though we should try to avoid confrontation for now...after leaving we will report everything we found out to the Knight Sister. If we're lucky we'll either find our opponent in the arena, or another Church member encountered him and we will receive the information upon returning. Any questions?" During his little monologue Andrei always tried to "scan" the enviorment, looking like a paranoid madman.

One can never be careful enough

"Yes, I have a question. Why avoid confrontation? Are you afraid of battling enemies of the Church? Are you not as devoted as you seemed to be at first glance?" exclaimed Saber as he gave Andrei a look full of suspicion.

"The elimination of one guy isn't exactly beneficia..." Andrei's efforts to stop his Servant were in vain.

"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MY BROTHER, IF THE LORD WILLS IT THEN WE SHALL WIN EVERY CHALLENGE THIS ARTIFICIAL WORLD THROWS AT US! YOU JUST HAVE TO HOLD ON TO YOUR UNBREAKABLE FAITH AND YOU SHALL OVERCOME EVERY OBSTACLE!" Saber dramatically pointed his left hand at the sky.

"There will only be one left over to claim the..." answered Andrei while rubbing his temples.

But the task of trying to stop Saber from talking was as pointless as trying to stop a train with ones bare hands "DO YOU WANT THE INFIDELS TO DO YOUR DIRTY WORK? ARE YOU NOT A BLADE OF THE LORD, READY TO STRIKE DOWN EVERY BEING THAT STANDS BETWEEN YOU AND THIS FALSE GRAIL?"

"SHUT UP BEFORE I USE A COMMAND SPELL YOU MORON!" The color of Andrei's head shifted from his normal skin tone to a color that resembled that of a ripe tomato. "Do you even have any idea how this Grail War works? It's an E-L-I-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N TOURNAMENT! Killing a Master that we are not paired up as such a minimal chance of helping us that it's barely worth exerting ourselves over it, or even worse, die trying. Understood? We will focus on getting our trgger and find some information on the Masters here, and get that info to the Knight Sister so that the Church Masters get an advantage. No attacking, or I will pull your leash. Are you with me? Do you UNDERSTAND what I am saying?" He almost started foaming at the mouth.

"I do. Very well, then let us look for the triggers!" Saber's selective hearing seemed to have taken effect once again as he replied in a casual tone, as if nothing happened.

There is pious, and then there is batshit insane.

Andrei and Saber did not exchange a single word as they continued on their path.

100%

And that's what I got, folks.

Blackdeath6031
January 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Various things went through Seishirou's mind as he considered whether to take this opportunity or not.
But in the end, Seishirou decided to start off with one thing.

"Are...you okay?"

Tilting his head lightly to express his curiosity, he swore he could hear his invisible servant's confusion radiating out.

RacingeR
January 15th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“Lanrukun...?” Leo repeated the name under his breath, as if trying to remember the name from somewhere, but then gave up, smiling good-naturedly as well, while answering your question.

“Enjoyable, so far. It is a very curious place, to say the least. An amalgamation of all cities of the past and present... Gawain has been showing me around the parts of it that come from his age, although he seems to be avoiding the England sectors...” A nice, polite answer. Something that sounds like enthusiasm, that truly resembles it. Yet... it is still lacking, still... different, strange. Not a normal human emotion.

It is a sensation you have grown accustomed to. And, in a way, it was a reminder of your mission, of the motives that had called the three of you forth to the Moon Cell. Cities of the past, present....... and future.

As you had noticed before, Leo was the only person in the whole building, and that meant that his Servant was not by his side for once. He must have noticed your puzzlement at his loyal Servant not being near, because he changed his position to a more comfortable one in the luxurious chair, before explaining the absence of his partner.

“Gawain went ahead to the Arena, to seek our opponent and investigate the terrain.” He waves the topic away, somewhat uninterested in it. His hand falls on a file that had been sticking out of the mountain. After all, an office desk was not an office desk without a bunch of papers in precarious equilibrium.

“I have a very... important assignment for you. This is concerning the Half Blood that caused all that trouble in Italy and then vanished... well, the details are here.” Leo gave you the file he was holding. His tone had been very serious, but then, he visibly relaxed.

“So, how are you enjoying the Moon Cell, Alistair? Are you getting along with your Servant?”


Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

A gigantic lush forest. An enormous tree stood in front of you, the greenery expanding all along the horizon, strange shapes that had not existed in the world since aeons ago. It was an immense place, a monstrous thing that made you, for a second, feel incredibly insignificant.

Apparently, the massive forest extended itself for a lot of kilometers, like some kind of maze. From your position, exiting the place would probably take half a day, at least, and it would be a pretty rough voyage. Caster’s “detectors” started to rapidly do their job, sent to explore the surrounding area. There was a river nearby, to the left, and at least two or three Moon Cell hostile programs were near it, with a certain distance between themselves. To the front, at least to one kilometer or a bit more of distance, there was a massive magic signature, that only could be that of a Servant. It seemed to be alone, without a Master in sight. Further to the right of it, there was a pair of both Master and Servant, edging closer to the lone one.

It would be a bit before you would be able to receive information about what awaited further in the forest. The whole place felt strange, dangerous, and somewhat uncomfortable. Ancient mosquitoes buzzed around, largely ignoring you and your Servant, and the heat was definitely something else. It was a pretty harsh environment.


Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“Y-yes, I am your e-e-enemy.” She manages to stutter at your question. When you start guessing about what kind of faction would accept her, and finally conclude on she being a Freelancer, she actually manages to open her mouth to protest.

“Um, n-no, I am actually...” And then, almost automatically, she shuts her mouth. Probably the Servant hanging behind had something to do with that. The more you looked at her, the more you could feel something... strange. Well, maybe that was not the correct word. There was some kind of silent, almost unnoticeable aura hanging around her, something you had never seen before.

“Uh, sorry! M-my Servant wants me to head to the Arena.. s-so... uh...” She interrupted herself yet again, as if not knowing what to say. Finally, she bowed deeply. “Farewell. L-let’s have a good match. I must go now, s-sorry!”

And by that, she moved off, vanishing between the multitude towards the steel, glassy dome of the Arena. Yet, for a second, the Servant stood there, almost as if watching you, a ghostly, powerful presence. A sarcastic, male laugh was heard, and then he too disappeared.

You walked one step forward. Then two. Then stopped. It seemed that you had no other option that accept it, even if your senses screamed the impossibility of it. Yeah, it seemed to be real, and you had to accept it.

You had to accept the fact that you were standing in the midst of a multitude, and that your pants had suddenly vanished.


Leinhart von Einzbern [Twelveseal]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

As you sat in the cafe, you observed around, collecting quickly a nice quantity of data. Most Servants stayed hidden, so there was not much to see of them. However, it was enough to tell that this was an interesting place...

Your thoughts were suddenly interrupted. Something was approaching you, something wrong. You felt a powerful presence, something incredibly dangerous, a pressure that was enough to freeze you in your tracks. Such was the inhumanity of the presence.

It was a man of a twenty two or so years, with rather striking red hair and red eyes, incredibly pale skin, wearing fully black clothes. At a mere glance, you could tell that he was not human, at least not totally so. His eyes were way too red to be... natural, and the way the data warped and screamed around him, being reduced to utter nonsense, was another clue.

Others probably wouldn’t feel his ‘aura’ like this, maybe unless he wanted them to. But you, thanks to your abilities, could perceive his anomaly, the weirdness that affected the Moon Cell near him. You could feel it in your guts. That this man was dangerous.

And the worst thing is that he was heading towards your direction, his blood red eyes staring at you with curiosity. In seconds, he was standing in front of you, and his pale hands grabbed a chair, and he let his weight fall on it, taking a seat at your table. A waitress approached him.

“Tea, please.” He ordered with a half smile as he moved his chair into a rather... unbalanced position, his eyes still observing you.

“That is a pretty nice trick, I guess, though I have no idea of how you even achieved it.” The weird man smiled, analyzing your expression. “Ah, don’t worry, your trick probably works on everyone else. Normal rules just don’t apply to me.” He said as if anticipating your question, and waved his arm lazily in the air, as if saying ‘Who cares?’

“Anyway, an Einzbern? That is pretty interesting. I would guess that your family does not fancy this particular Holy Grail or something, though.” He seems pretty interested on you. His presence has become way more bearable as you got accustomed to it, and his sharp eyes examine every gesture on your face as he awaits your reaction to him.

------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Assassin finally found a good spot, almost accidentally so. It was while moving through a run-down district that resembled that of the Chicago of the 50’s, when entering a really old warehouse...

You are pretty surprised when a pretty comfortable living quarters receive your presence there. Only the basic furnishings are available, but it seems good enough, and also a pretty discrete place, as with its disheveled exterior, most people wouldn’t bother with it. However, the choice on taking it or keep exploring for other places is yours.

SeiKeo
January 16th, 2012, 10:44 PM
James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

I'll check around the plaza and the city for Demi, but I'm not really sure where she'll be. I just have to search around, I guess, and if I don't find her, I'll just head off to the Arena.

You look around the city, but you don't seem to find her. In a way, it really wasn't that surprising. You didn't know what she looked like, and even if she was looking for you, the same applied, with the added difficulty of disguise. So, perhaps you were both looking for the other, but you missed.

As a result, you decided on the arena. You walked through the shining silver door, absently looking at the floor-

And instantly wished you hadn't been. The floor suddenly transformed to a two foot wide path of worn stone, causing you to reflexively press your back to the stone wall behind you.

Or, as you realize, it wasn't a wall. It was the face of a cliff. A few inches in front of your feet, the stone dropped away in a massive cliff, one that you could barely see the bottom of. Maybe there was a river at the bottom, but you couldn't be sure. Besides, the fall would probably kill you.

The path spiraled in both directions, going upwards and downwards. But... where were the triggers?

Bloble
January 16th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

...I am not wearing any pants.

...

...

"Saber. There will be no mercy for this woman."

"Got it, boss."

"...let's go. I need to get back to the apartment."

"What's wrong Master? Are you *chuckle* feeling the breeze?"

"Saber. Shut. Up."

Calmly, and coolly, I walk back to my apartment like this, without any lower garments. I do not acknowledge any of what just transpired, as if it will become true that it is all a figment of my imagination. I twitch at Saber's barely suppressed laughter, but do not say anything further until I am fully dressed once more.

It is then that I snap.

http://www.trgazeteler.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Troll-Face-Resimleri-4.jpg

.......

.......

.......


Half an hour later, I'm at the arena entrance, and have forced Saber to materialize next to me.

"If this happens to me again, you'll be the one going pants-less." I say with a perfectly straight face.

"No problem." He grins. "I can fight just as well naked."

"...shut up."

I enter. There should be some special items of some sort here, so I might as well get the unimportant stuff out of the way now. I'll need to spend the rest of the week planning my revenge, after all.

Five_X
January 16th, 2012, 11:14 PM
James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
ARENA

Now, I ain't a fink, so you gotta believe me when I say that I'm looking aaaaaaall the way out from a cliff down to where I can't even see. I dig the view, but it's a little tough for me to do anything right now, to be honest.

Saber and I line up single file with myself in front, Saber watching all around for any surprise attacks that might be launched at us. On this thin of a pathway, it'd be easy for someone or something to come along and sweep me away to my sad, sad, doom, so I'd better watch my step.

There's two directions to this path: one that goes up, and the other that goes down. If I'm looking for the triggers, then it's probably a good idea to make my way up this mountain or whatever it is; if it's actually a big mountain, then some place this huge should naturally have something important (or dangerous, as Saber notes) atop it. Of course, it could also just be a cliff that ends a long stretch of flatland, like around the Great Plains. It's a relatively common land formation, but then again, this is the Moon Cell. I have no real idea what kind of landscape this is.

SeiKeo
January 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
#47 – Snack Guy

"Yes, your personal quarters should be indicated as one of the empty rooms. Facilities are provided, though more advanced equipment is something that you'll have to procure yourself: we still have to work within the constraint of the Moon Cell, and we don't have infinite funding." As she flicks her finger across her desk, your personal datapad pings, showing you where your room was.

"And as to your Servant..." She thinks for a moment. "His class would be appreciated, but I don't expect more from you."

Airen
January 17th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Alan Griffin
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


“See you later, dear. And that little one behind you. Hopefully in the finals.”

And just like that, the mute Master and his enigmatic servant disappeared, spirited off on the invisible wings of some sort of transportation magic.

"Little one?" Her voice little more than an amused whisper in his ear, a sign that she had moved to better cover him during his conversation with the momentarily friendly Master, Archer continued, "Remember the sound of her voice Master, I believe we'll be seeing the two of them again."

"You think so?"

"Yes."

Deciding not to question the judgement of his Servant, who didn't seem to have much of a basis for her argument anyway, Alan turned his attention to the package he had been granted by ATLAS, silently wondering exactly what they had decided to put in here. Potentially, there could have been an almost infinite amount of things that could potentially exist within this package, as the organization had never specified exactly what sort of help they would grant him while in the Moon Cell.

So it wasn't really a surprise when he opened the package and found two different messages, only one of which he could access without resorting to his hacking abilities. If such a message was locked in such a way, it was obviously not meant for him, so he turned his attention towards the more, easy to read document.

"Ah."

They had decided to give him a mission, which, if he was being perfectly honest, wasn't that much of a surprise-

...They wanted him to do what exactly?

"Master, something wrong?"

"Archer."

His voice was serious.

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna have to reschedule that date of ours for another time, forgive me."

Practically sensing her about to deny the accusation, he laughed and continued in a pleasant tone,"Yes, yes, I know it's not actually a date," his eyes rescanning the message, his amused tone dropped back down to a serious one, "But Atlas has decided to give me a mission, so we're gonna have to put off exploring for a bit."

"Atlas? You mean that place you were complaining about before?"

...Why did it seem like she was suddenly smiling about something.

"I wasn't complaining."

"Oh really?" Seemingly amused by his denial, she continued, "I seem to remember you complaining about a hacking job, and referring to your superiors as 'Slave Drivers.'"

...Crap. She had actually paid attention to his initial complaints review of the organization's work policies.

"Anyway, even if, hypothetically, a couple of my bosses are complete and utter Tyrants, I still have to do as they say for Sion's sake," Brushing off his Servant's slightly snarky remarks with a joke, he was rewarded with the clear sound of her laughter, "So I'm going to need your help."

"My sword and bow are yours to command Master," her form materializing in a flash of code, her stoic expression had been replaced with a small grin, "What do you need me to do?"

"Well, you see, we have to get a message to someone, while making it look like we're trying to kill them..."

"I see," Crossing her arms, she closed her eyes as if in thought, "Do you have a plan?"

"I wouldn't really call it a plan, but-"

----

Alan Griffin
Week 1, Day 1
Outside the Arena

"You ready Archer?"

"Yes Master."

Standing outside the Arena, his eyes bright with the excitement of watching his Servant in battle once again, there was no hesitation in Alan's steps as he headed into the Arena, his Servant following behind him, her physical form still covered beneath her dark green cloak.

Snax
January 18th, 2012, 02:17 AM
"Yes, your personal quarters should be indicated as one of the empty rooms. Facilities are provided, though more advanced equipment is something that you'll have to procure yourself: we still have to work within the constraint of the Moon Cell, and we don't have infinite funding." As she flicks her finger across her desk, your personal datapad pings, showing you where your room was.

"And as to your Servant..." She thinks for a moment. "His class would be appreciated, but I don't expect more from you."

As expected, living quarters would be provided by the organization.

'But, no infinite funding in a virtual world...I can fix that.'

Ellestia fingered the ornate golden ring on her finger, inlaid with silver. It was only a replica, but it would still be able to do wonders in this virtual world.

While she was musing, Saber suddenly manifested himself. He really didn't prefer his spiritual state, but it was a necessity in war. However, since his Master had suggested to 'introduce' him to the fine lady yonder, why not just do it himself?

He was a large man. Not a giant, but pretty large and muscular by normal standards. His shoulder length hair was black and messy, and he had countless scars around his arms - no doubt his whole body was just as scarred. His armor and weapon were nowhere to be found, but even with his regular clothing he was quite formidable-looking, and very manly as well. His whole being reeked of masculinity.

"Ha, what a fine young lady. I'm Saber, nice to meetcha."

With his booming, harsh voice of a warrior and his large size, most normal men would have at least flinched. However, his honed senses found the woman to be a bit more than a normal woman.

'She has fought her own wars, in midst of hatred, jealousy and grave dangers - no doubt, she is quite a rare woman.'

He chuckled, realizing that even his own master was quite the rare woman as well. No matter - the harder they were to get, the more enjoyable the conquest. He was a man by nature, after all. Although he cared nothing about honor, he devoted himself to being a 'true' man.

"By the way, I'd love it if you would become my wo-"

A big slab of stone came from nowhere, hitting Saber's head and making him nearly bite his tongue mid-sentence. Turning back, he saw his Master throw him a murderous glare, magic energy popping around her glove-clad fingers.

"I told already, over a hundred times - DO.NOT.MANIFEST.YOURSELF.UNTIL.I.GIVE.DIRECTIONS.T O.DO.SO."

"But, you said you would introduce -"

"I'm sorry, but showing up suddenly and trying to pick up a woman is not what I would call 'introducing oneself'."

"But a man should never deny a good wo-"

"Shut up, you big lout. Your definition of 'manliness' has as much meaning to me as a fleck of dust would."

"But - "

"...." (glares)

Now while Saber was making a " D: " face, Ellestia made a curt bow to the purple clad girl and dragged the Servant out by the ear.

She sighed - after all, he was always trying to pick up girls. Why would it have been any different for the one clad in purple, even if she was a genius and her superior, at least in her current state?

She swore she would lecture her Servant over an hour just for this. No doubt Sion was now thinking that the Servant was nothing but a dumb lump of muscle, now. Which made everything perfect.

RacingeR
January 18th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“Huhuhu…now isn’t this an interesting? It’s like if the verdant lands of Nile had taken over the world”, Caster chuckled at the sight of the Arena.

As she spoke, the young woman materialized into the air. Her dark skin, her exotic eyes and even more exotic clothes and jewelry, now all exposed to the naked eye. Like a cat, she stretched and took in her surroundings.

“…”

Ulysses gave a meaningful gaze to her.

“Alright, alright. Let’s get to work…” Caster said with a smile, and opened her palm.

------------- From there, dozens and dozens of lights appeared, lights with small wings, that instantly flew off.

The winged creatures disappeared into the depths of the forest, leaving Caster and Ulysses alone for few moments. However, soon enough Caster pressed her finger to her ear and closed her right eye, as if listening. And it was from that position that she began to speak again.

“Master, have you mapped the area already?”

“…”

With a flick of Ulysses finger, a digital hologram of a map appeared for Caster to see.

“…wow, that’s an interesting pattern of paths. Can’t say that we’ve been put to a boring place. But, alright, let’s see…”

Caster pointed at the intersection of paths ahead of them, about a kilometer or so.

“I’ve recognized at least one Servant here, but seemingly without Master. We can expect some kind of heavy camouflage, presence concealment or simply long-range directing, I think. However, here, to the east, we have another Servant, this time with Master, planning to what seems like an ambush to the lonely person over here. Our best bet would be to see if we can wait till either one has finished the other one off, and depending on how weak the winner appears, take him or her out. Well, that is only in the case that we can safely say that it’s a fight we can win”, Caster spoke in a lengthy manner. “It seems that there are, overall, at least 15 Masters and Servant duos in the vicinity of my little friends. There could be more though.”

“…”

Ulysses nodded, and went back to look at the map. For some reason, the data in few places he could map out felt......odd. Blurry, imprecise. Like there was some sort of back-door or something there. They might be worth checking out, but even Ulysses knew that during the first day, he would need to focus on adjusting to this fight.

*Nod*

Ulysses gave Caster the signal that they should continue ahead. Caster nodded with a sensual smile, and began following her Master. With her help, they started taking paths that allowed them to avoid encountering the hostile programs of Moon Cell, as neither felt that there was still a need to tangle with them. In addition, as they moved through the lush forest, Caster sent some more lights in look-out for treasure to be found. Item folders and such.

“Aah, I can’t wait to start my collection again. Also, should there be trouble…” Caster laughed softly. “I’ve got this little fellow here~”

Something small and round was sleeping on Caster’s palm, shining in the color of sapphires and rubies.

Spinach
January 18th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning


He grins back at you. "Ohohoho? You will not sleep? Perhaps I ought to not tell you, so that you will be inflicted by the curse of lethargy when we meet in glorious battle!" He puts his finger to his lips, pondering. "But, I think I shall tell you some of my history! You have been polite enough to answer me, and an answer you shall have! You see, I am in fact the ninth bearer of the name Sabin, as you may have guessed. It is written 'I' 'X' as those are the numerals of the Romans for nine! And using Roman numerals lends such things a gravitas not available otherwise. But as to why-"

Aaron watched with mixed excitement and impatience as Sabin began his explanation. As he had guessed, Sabin was not the first to bear the name. And it seemed that Sabin fully intended to go in depth in his explanation, much to Aaron's relief. The name Sabin was one he had never heard before, and he fully intended to commit everything about it to memory.


His Servant cuts in on his speech, stopping his wildly gesturing hands. "Master, our goal in this desolate barbarian land is to obtain the Triggers!" The Servant levels his spear at yours like an accusatory finger. "YOU BAR OUR PATH TO VICTORY! STAND ASIDE!"

'...'

Aaron answered the demand of the unidentified Servant with clenched teeth and twitching eyebrows. The faint sound of cackling electricity could be heard coming from the hand tightly gripping his metal rebar. Static danced over the metal rod, bouncing across its length and then returning to his hand, only to continue the cycle of coursing over the weapon.

The armored Servant beside Aaron let out a sigh. "Now you've done it..." He muttered, shaking his head back and forth. Though he didn't know the extent of Aaron's current anger, he certainly knew that his Master took this particular topic seriously. Placing an arm on Aaron's shoulder, he said, "Getting mad won't help, Aaron. Let's try and talk this over."

For a few seconds Aaron stood in silence, and the cackling of the electricity dancing over his rebar slowed, grew fainter, and eventually faded. His grip slowly loosened to a more comfortable level, and he shrugged, causing his Servant to pull his hand back and nod in approval. "Right. No getting angry. But no talking it over, either." Aaron said, slowly hooking the his lips upwards into a slight smile.

"... What?" His Servant asked, plainly and curtly.

Aaron glanced up at his Servant, to indicate that he was speaking to him, and then slowly turned back to face Sabin and his Servant, staring directly at the sharp end of his spear, and said. "I'm afraid that Servant there, that barbarian, needs to be taught some manners."

"You're still mad, aren't you?" Calmly asked the armored Servant.

"Not at all." Answered Aaron, his expression completely unchanging. His blue eyes locked with the unidentified Servant's, boring directly into the two eyes gleaming right back at him. "Just annoyed."

"... Right." The armored Servant answered, materializing a sword in his right hand. The weapon had no decorations, no ornate engravings adorned the silver of the hilt, and the pommel was bland, without any of the splendor that was to be expected of a sword wielded by a Servant. The blade was long, almost three feet in length, and undulated, like fire. Cracks ran all along the length of the sword, making it look fragile, as if it would break from simply parrying another weapon. One would have to wonder if such a weapon was reliable, and yet the armored Servant held the blade with all the confidence in the world. "I suppose you're serious about this. Looks like I have no choice. Besides, we'll have to fight them sooner or later. My only complaint is that we haven't made any proper preparations for this encounter, but you can't always get what you want."

"Glad to hear you're in the mood, partner." Aaron said, turning to face Sabin. "Here's the plan: that Servant is Greek, so go for his heel. Don't go all out, don't overextend. We're testing the waters."

"... I have to question the suggestion to aim for his heel, Aaron, but the rest is solid." Calmly said the Servant, raising his sword toward the enemy Servant.

Aaron chuckled, raising his rebar and pointing it at Sabin.

SeiKeo
January 18th, 2012, 07:25 PM
#53 – Buster

Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning



"I do. Very well, then let us look for the triggers!" Saber's selective hearing seemed to have taken effect once again as he replied in a casual tone, as if nothing happened.

There is pious, and then there is batshit insane.

Andrei and Saber did not exchange a single word as they continued on their path.

100%

The forest extends in all directions, untamed and primeval. Luckily, you don't have to work your way through ferns easily as tall as you are: whatever creature that had created the path had been quite large, and had just walked a hole through the undergrowth. The path meanders, but seems to have some kind of direction behind it: casual, but with a purpose.

You continue to follow it, with no better idea on where to go. And in a few minutes, the forest seems to bear fruit. The thick growth opens up slightly, revealing a small pond in the middle of the vast greenery. This small watering hole would be without a doubt not terribly popular, as you seem to be in a rainy area, but things would likely pass by.

Or, things would already be there. Something looks up at your intrusion, obviously expecting peace. From the opposite side of the pond, a massive green reptile glared at you, almost thirty-five feet in length. Its beaked mouth moved up from the water's surface, uttering a low bellow. But the most notably feature of the creature was that it was built like a tank.

Armored plates of what looked like bone protected the entire top of the creature, shielding the creature from attack. They ran from its head, serving as a helmet, to the massive bone clubed tip of its tail.

It really did not seem pleased.


James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
ARENA

There's two directions to this path: one that goes up, and the other that goes down. If I'm looking for the triggers, then it's probably a good idea to make my way up this mountain or whatever it is; if it's actually a big mountain, then some place this huge should naturally have something important (or dangerous, as Saber notes) atop it. Of course, it could also just be a cliff that ends a long stretch of flatland, like around the Great Plains. It's a relatively common land formation, but then again, this is the Moon Cell. I have no real idea what kind of landscape this is.

As you take a step upwards, a massive shadow slipped over you, a shadow on the sun. Alarmed, you looked up, and for your trouble, heard a piercing screech, like some kind of grand hawk.

It clearly wasn't a hawk. No hawk in the history of mankind - or for that matter, history in general - had had a wingspan of 10 meters, or had one had a massive beak similar to a stork, nor a neck as long as its wings were wide. The massive blue crest upon its head only confirmed your thoughts: it wasn't a bird. It was some kind of forgotten race of flying creatures, so massive it was a wonder it even flew.

Tipping slightly, you could see it begin to bank towards you, gathering speed as it dove.


Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

"... Right." The armored Servant answered, materializing a sword in his right hand. The weapon had no decorations, no ornate engravings adorned the silver of the hilt, and the pommel was bland, without any of the splendor that was to be expected of a sword wielded by a Servant. The blade was long, almost three feet in length, and undulated, like fire. Cracks ran all along the length of the sword, making it look fragile, as if it would break from simply parrying another weapon. One would have to wonder if such a weapon was reliable, and yet the armored Servant held the blade with all the confidence in the world. "I suppose you're serious about this. Looks like I have no choice. Besides, we'll have to fight them sooner or later. My only complaint is that we haven't made any proper preparations for this encounter, but you can't always get what you want."

"Glad to hear you're in the mood, partner." Aaron said, turning to face Sabin. "Here's the plan: that Servant is Greek, so go for his heel. Don't go all out, don't overextend. We're testing the waters."

"... I have to question the suggestion to aim for his heel, Aaron, but the rest is solid." Calmly said the Servant, raising his sword toward the enemy Servant.

Aaron chuckled, raising his rebar and pointing it at Sabin.

Sabin raises and eyebrow in an immensely irritating wavy motion at your weapon. "Oh? You intend to do combat with a limp rod? Mmmm, I shall humor you." Stepping away from his Servant, he removed the sickle-sword from his belt, flourishing it to a ready position. His Servant does likewise, pivoting one leg back so as to bring his shield to face you. Its massive size, along with the helmet, only presents you a surface of gleaming bronze, a killing point extending towards you.

"As challenger, it is to you to deliver the first attack," says Sabin. "Bring glory upon yourself, even in your defeat!"

Satehi
January 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM
William Hemholtz
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

After completing your purchase and receiving the items you paid for, you make your way out of the building, ready to enter the arena.



You find yourself in front of a portal to the Arena, ready to enter. All of your items are stored away in the portable space provided by the moon cell, and you feel ready to take on whatever challenges lie beyond those doors.

Striding confidently over to the entrance of the Arena, a dome of glass and steel that stands close to the central tower, you take the door’s cool handle in your hand, and pull open it, before stepping into its confines-

-and feel the floor disappear beneath you.

You only stay there, floating in the air for but an instant, before gravity takes over. The scenic landscape of the arena that you saw a mere glimpse of rapidly moves upwards, leaving you little time to observe it. Rapidly descending, you look downwards, where an expanse of water greets you.

You have a scant few seconds to act, before you hit the water. It’s not a particularly large fall, barely over a couple meters, and undoubtedly, the water will cushion your fall.

What will you do?

Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“No… I’m fine.” Valentine responds. “What makes you think that something’s wrong, Seishirou?” She asks, curiously.

“I don’t think it is us you should be worrying about.” A disembodied male voice interjects. “Rather, you should worry about your own safety before ours. After all, we are enemies.” The voice states in a condescending manner to you. Undoubtedly, this is the same voice you heard earlier- that of Valentine’s servant.

Five_X
January 19th, 2012, 12:44 AM
James Hawthorn
Week 1, Day 1
Arena

The bird-creature descends from the sky like an aeroplane, only screeching. Like a dying aeroplane.

As I confront the error of these metaphors, I order Saber to attack, getting behind her. A shield appears in her off hand, and she tosses a light javelin with the other towards the flying beast. It flies straight through the air, aimed to strike the monstrosity in one of its gigantic wings.

She brings her shield to bear, and now has a sword in her hand, ready to take the beast on.

Spinach
January 19th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning


His Servant does likewise, pivoting one leg back so as to bring his shield to face you. Its massive size, along with the helmet, only presents you a surface of gleaming bronze, a killing point extending towards you.

The armored Servant simply stood his ground, neither advancing nor retreating. He looked over the shield, the spear, his enemy's stance, and scoffed. "Afraid to advance?"


"As challenger, it is to you to deliver the first attack," says Sabin. "Bring glory upon yourself, even in your defeat!"

"It's true that I challenged you, Sabin." Aaron said plainly, turning his gaze to observe the two Servants. Nodding, he turned back to face Sabin.

"Hrungnir."

A flash of code appeared to Aaron's left, and disappeared to reveal a floating, slowly rotating square. It looked almost like a bubble, though bubbles weren't normally square shaped, and certainly did not have raw electricity dancing around inside of them. The Hrungnir cube slowly teetered back and forth, up and down, rotating constantly just left of Aaron's chest.

"Hrungnir. Hrungnir."

Two more flashes of code came from below, and brought with them two more Hrungnir cubes hovering close to ground level, directly in front of Aaron. Aaron didn't even spare the Hrungnir cubes a passing glance to confirm that they were properly positioned, his expression remaining completely unchanging from before. A small smile still sat evenly on his face, and his eyes continued to stare straight forward, meeting Sabin's. He was confident that the positions of his Hrungnir cubes would hinder footwork, as well as attacks coming from his left, and simply knew that there was no need to confirm that he had properly placed them.

"But in my belief, it is the one who is challenged who should have the first strike."

I3uster
January 19th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Armored plates of what looked like bone protected the entire top of the creature, shielding the creature from attack. They ran from its head, serving as a helmet, to the massive bone clubed tip of its tail.

It really did not seem pleased.
There was a distance of ten meters between them and the dinosaur. Andrei had to think quickly or it would close the distance and probably kill his Servant.

"A dragon! The vile spawn of Satan! Oh, how I feared encountering one of them. But faith shall guide my sword to sure victory!" exclaimed Saber, the golden sword in his hand shining in the sun.

"I doesn't seem to be have any cover on his underside...we should take advantage of that. Lift it" Andrei drew one of his Black Key hilts, materializing it.

"Excuse me?" For the first time Andrei saw a hint of surprise in Sabers expression

"You heard me right. You can lift that thing, right? I'll stab its throat." answered Andrei.

"I'll be able to hold it up for but a second. Do you think you are quick enough to take advantage of that?" Saber said with a doubting tone

"We will manage." Andreis eyes focussed on the target.

"You are reckless, Master." said Saber as he sheathed his sword "I like that".

He shouted at the beast: "VERY WELL. I SHALL BE YOUR OPPONENT, FOUL CREATURE." His hands were held in a right angle as he closed in on the beast, putting his left hand left of its head while he chrouched a little to fit under it.
With all his strength the man stood up, trying to withstand the frantic flailing of the beasts head as both of its front legs were losing contact with the ground. His feet were slighlty pushed into the ground under the massive weight of the reptile.

Andrei closed the distance in a flash, stopping left of the creature's head, ramming the Key into the neck of the "dragon" and pulling as hard as he could to open a gaping wound which soiled both participants in warm blood.

The monster let out a ear-splitting death scream that was slowly drowned out by a gargling noise. Saber quickly took a step backwards to not get crushed under the massive weight of the tank-like dinosaur after making sure that Andrei would not suffer from the same fate.

"Phew. This really gets the adrenaline going...." Andrei struggled to speak while panting heavily.

"A nice maneuver, Master. I am impressed. If you show the same quick thinking and zeal in every fight, there is nothing that can stand up against us." Saber on the other hand was speaking with the same tone as always, as if the weight he just lifted was a casual morning exercise.

Remarkable. These Servants sure are something else. If I would only be able to take him out of here, a promotion to Assembly...no, Agency member would be easy

"Let us continue to look for the trigger. We should try to reach an elevated position..." Andrei looked around while trying to wipe the blood off his hands.

RacingeR
January 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

As you advanced through the immense forest, you sent another scan into your surroundings, the lush vegetation reducing your movement to a crawl. The titanic trees casted a pleasant shadow over the forest, yet the sun blazed with the intensity of hell itself, so much that the heat was barely bearable. It was not an human friendly environment, and it was not a place where a normal person would be able to survive for much time.

There were a bunch of treasures nearby. Yet, most of them were guarded by the combat programs of the Moon Cell, which you had been avoiding. However, there was one of such treasures unguarded, ahead in your path, and towards it you moved, the silence in the forest being only interrupted by your steps in the soil covered by leaves and discarded branches, the ambient noises having suddenly died down.

It was in a small clearing ahead, a sphere of light that was easy to notice in the midst of all the greenery. But that was not what called your attention the most. No, that prize went to the massive mountain of meat that was strewn around the middle of the path. It’s head, its limbs... everything had been destroyed as if something had ripped through from the inside out by something far more dangerous than whatever the creature had been. Blood and broken bones decorated the scene like some kind of macabre paint. The obliteration had been so absolute that not a single part of the mountain of meat could be linked to something recognizable, so smashed it was.

Whatever had destroyed it surely had some anger problems.

You touched the sphere of light, and instantly, you ‘felt’ how an item was added to your inventory. An Ether Powder, to heal your Servant by a small amount. Once that was done, there was not much to observe for now, as you could sense ahead... that the battle between two Servants had started.

It was a small hallway made of smaller trees, that led towards a great clearing, a small hill receiving your entrance (something about the last part of this is funny, but I’m not sure what. Maybe it’s the ‘receiving your entrance’? That’s not a usual english structure). The sounds of battle were carried by the wind (on the wind is also common) towards you, of clashing steel and trembling earth, of stone being crushed by large blows. You climbed the last steps of the hill, covered by shrubbery, and before your eyes, a spectacle you would never ever forget developed....

The first Servant battle you would witness.

The terrain was flat, covered with grass so tall that it reached to Ulysses’ knees. The whole place was littered by great rocks, some truly gigantic, others like oversized pebbles. The figures danced around the clearing, their shadows intertwining as the clash of steel against steel was heard. A gigantic, horrendous aura of pure concentrated hatred invaded it, its sheer malice crawling through everyone’s backs, the complete inhumanity of it able to cause shivers even in Servants, Heroic Spirits of the past that in many cases had faced impossibly terrible enemies at hopeless odds.

And it did not come from the tall, wild Servant with his gigantic, heavy sword of blood-covered steel, his wild black mane flowing at every titanic strike, most of his body exposed to the hot air, massive muscles pouring ridiculous amount of power to his every slash. He was a roaring rampage of anger and foaming hatred, and all consuming cataclysm that overpowered his opponents with impossibly strong attacks.

Nor did it come from the smaller Servant, his body covered by an armor that seemed like paper in front of the strikes of the tall enemy, his head covered with a helmet whose details were impossible to see in the blur of movement, yet his short black hair still visible, his beautiful face twisted in a grimace of effort as he dodged yet another insanely powerful strike, sneaking around the enemy that seemed so gigantic in comparison. His short sword seeming like a needle in front of the heavy broadsword his rival wielded in one hand, his shield seeming so thin and weak, like it wouldn’t be able to stop one strike of the powerful opponent. Yet, he kept moving at a speed unrivaled, with dexterity unsurpassed, as if reading every single attack with utter ease, the flow of combat holding no true mystery for him.

No, the aura of overpowering malice and sheer hatred did not come from the battling Servants, but of an unexpected alien figure standing at the edge of the battlefield, covered by shadows that obscured his visage completely to prying eyes. He was definitely a Master, connected with the living rampage of a Servant that charged ahead no matter what stood in his path, despite appearing like a wraith, or something utterly inhuman, surrounded by that aura of absolute derision towards all things living.

A sudden clash of steel against steel called your attention back to the battle. It was obvious that it had been going for some time. The Servant’s abilities and skills were truly tied: the tall, powerful man advanced, his every swing like a landslide, a natural disaster that was unrivaled by anything you had ever seen. It was completely and utter ridiculous, one hit enough to cut through a modern tank’s armor, a strength beyond comprehension, an endurance that by itself rivaled an armored battleship. It was impossible for his fast enemy to approach him, despite the savage warrior being slower. His attacks cleaved the air in twain, sending huge shock waves that pulverized the rocks behind, creating an area around where even stepping into meant death. Such was the truth imposed by such fast and terrible attacks, an unapproachable space that his enemy, despite his speed and strength that would have put him ahead of anything and anyone in modern times, even ahead of other Servant themselves, was unable to reach the powerful titan.

The man was a blur that your eyes could not follow, moving at a speed beyond that of the sound, a detonation reaching your ears every time he attacked, avoiding the enemy’s blows as if they were no big deal. He was like a mosquito with a powerful sting, searching for a weak spot that did not exist, waiting for a chance that would apparently not come. He was a formidable rival, a legendary hero whose mere legend should have surpassed by a lot that of his enemy, yet... he was being pushed back. Despite his capacities, and his power... this famous hero was losing. It was an obvious outcome, after all. His endurance was lower than that of his adversary, who seemed to be able to keep going for all eternity if needed.

A slash that crushed a massive stone formation, reducing it to small pieces, was avoided by the smaller Servant, who rolled out of the way at the last second. The second blow was almost instantaneous, targeting the area where he was still recovering. It was game over, a mortal blow that could not be stopped.

And it was stopped.

Nor the Master and his Servant who observed from afar, nor the tall monster and the person shrouded in shadows could believe their eyes.

Metal against metal, a titanic clash made the earth around crack with the impact. The two swords, one a ridiculously large slab of elegant yet mortal steel, one a short sword that was naught but a small knife against this monstrosity of steel... and yet, for a fraction of a second the two were equal, the tiny blade stopping the massive bastard sword... and then, redirecting the strength behind the blow, parrying the strike towards another direction...

--A tremor slammed through the air, a noise that almost shattered Ulysses’s eardrums. The blow carved an enormous furrow in the earth, sending grass in all directions like a final curtain on a play. The blade arced through the air towards the neck of the man still raising his sword from the last strike.

Blood flowed in a stream, raining in the air, reflecting the blazing sun...

The slash was intercepted at the last moment by the shoulder of the savage warrior, creating a large, gruesome cut. But it was as if the Servant could not sense pain, as he sent a blood curling roar skywards, and then his body rose from its position, sending the short sword flying away, a knee striking against the stomach of the man, making him spit blood and stagger back. Another pulverizing attack by the monstrous slab of metal was sent towards his opponent, crashing against the shield, making it crack in a single blow, the body of the man flying away against one of the jagged rocks that resembled the fang of a beast.

The impact would have made any squeamish human cringe, the helmet flying away and showing his head fully for the first time, blood marring the beautiful face and the jet black hair dotted by red.

“Finish him, Berserker!” The evil voice filled with malice surged from the shadows, issuing a single command, as if sealing the fate of the downed man. The answer came in the form of a scream of pure insanity and rage, of bloodlust and mercilessness. Berserker charged forward with his monstrous blade, a thrust that was like a storm of pure destruction, death given physical form...!

“Fuck!” you heard the smaller Servant say, his class still unknown. At the last millisecond, at the moment you thought he was dead, he managed to jump out of the way, rolling around towards his sword, grabbing it. He was dirty and sweat covered his skin; the same could be said of his enemy. Both sported blood covered visages, yet it was obvious that they had not suffered much damage, and they had not even started to near the limits of their endurance. However, the flow of the battle had definitely changed, and after this brief moment of respite, it would be decided.

At that moment, you noticed it.

You noticed that the whole action, this epic battle that would have spawned legends by itself...

Had happened in the span of mere seconds.

SeiKeo
January 19th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

"But in my belief, it is the one who is challenged who should have the first strike."

Sabin bares a toothy grin at you. "Well, you for sure do things differently. SO IT SHALL BE!" He twirls his free hand about in the air for a second, drawing back his sleeve. A small keypad formed under his hand, slender brown fingers dancing across it, inputting some kind of formula. Lasting a second, he brought his hand back-

And suddenly sprinted forward, faster than you would have thought possible. Sword whipping around him, he darted over the white sand, moving towards your left.

In concert, his Servant moves with him, running in a mirror of his Master. Wait. You noticed that their paths were not only mirrored, they... they were intersecting. The Servant was going to...

The Servant crashed into his own Master, bringing his shield over his body and striking him with the edge. The blow was not on the level of Servants, but it was still hard enough that it would be unsafe. Yet Sabin received the blow without a word, and was now rocketing towards you from your undefended left, at a truly absurd speed.

The Servant continued, and in a lightning fast move, reversed his grip on his spear, bringing it overhand. And still charging towards your Servant, he threw.


Stats obtained!

STR - A
AGI - B
CON - A
MGI - C
LCK – C
NP – A

Twelveseal
January 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Leinhart von Einzbern
Week 1, Day 1

His swirling eyes locked onto the strange, warped figure that settled in front of him. That being carried an oppression that distorted the world around him, even in this digital space. Hair like blood. Eyes like the fires of hell.


“Tea, please.”
He felt his mouth go dry for a moment from the man's presence, though he managed to ask the waitress for a cup of tea of his own in a steady voice.
Still, the longer this man stood there, the less his presence grated on his instincts.

“That is a pretty nice trick, I guess, though I have no idea of how you even achieved it. Ah, don’t worry, your trick probably works on everyone else. Normal rules just don’t apply to me.”
"Hmmm. You win some, you lose some, we suppose." He sighed. It had taken a lot of effort to produce that hack. Mostly, effort requesting his teacher's assistance. She was a bit... eccentric. Still, if he was exposed, there was no point in carrying on the ruse. In present company, at least.


“Anyway, an Einzbern? That is pretty interesting. I would guess that your family does not fancy this particular Holy Grail or something, though.”

"We do have an interest in it, so to speak. Though not quite as pressing as most here, we suspect." He glanced around at the thinning crowds in the plaza.
"But what of yourself? We didn't expect to meet a Hybrid here. Certainly not a Crimson Red Vermillion. I imagine you're a much rarer find than a Homunculus."

He was certain this man wasn't human, and this was the most likely possibility according to his knowledge. Still, it was far from certain. His words, even if he was wrong, might provoke an answer, either way.

For a moment he paused, his thoughts interrupted by the vision sent to him by his Servant through their contract. It seemed a suitable place had been found. He sent his confirmation, and a request to return quickly and stealthily, back through their bond.

Indeed. This place was proving truly interesting.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

"Let us continue to look for the trigger. We should try to reach an elevated position..." Andrei looked around while trying to wipe the blood off his hands.

Cleansing your hands of blood in the pond, you continued onward through the forest. Your path is now both more difficult and less clear: the guidance of the path had disappeared, as the beast lay dead behind you. You forged forward, cutting aside vines and razor-sharp grasses. It's at times like these that you can understand the WEC: nature is really a pain in the ass.

With surprising swiftness, you manage to stumble out of the thick forest into a large clearing. True to character, the 'clearing' is still populated with grasses and other plants that would be quite the impediment elsewhere, but after trying to climb over a slippery, mossy, bug-infested log ten feet wide, it's a relief. The clearing holds a small depression, as if another pond like the earlier one once stood there. But by now, it had vanished, leaving a gentle bowl... not quite empty though.

A cube of orange light floated in the center, its core fiery with red energy. Suspended by some kind of projector plate on the ground, it was an 'item folder,' something that would hold a kind of reward. Striding forward, you reached the container, and extended a hand, digitally flicking the locks.

You can see some kind of item within, yes. But your main concern is the fact that, as you opened it, it let out a piercing scream.

---

You pick yourself off the ground, ears ringing. For all intents and purposes, it felt and sounded like a supercruise jet had passed a few feet from your ears. Your hearing would take a little while to recover, but it struck you that that wasn't your problem: things would notice that sound, and they would be noticing soon.

Spinach
January 20th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

The armored Servant watched as Sabin and the giant that he called his own Servant worked together to create their impressive dual offense. Though Sabin's charge would be child's play for a Servant to block, he knew that Aaron couldn't stop, or even react to an attack of such speed. Though he hated to have to reveal one of his trump cards so early, especially right in the presence of his primary opponents, there was no other choice. If his opponents would work together to create a superior offense, then he and Aaron would work together to form a superior defense.

"Montalban!"

The armor covering the Servant dispersed into the air, releasing countless particles of radiant, white dust to spread into the surroundings, and disappeared, leaving the Servant with little more than ragged, brown robes. For the first time since being summoned the Servant looked at the world of the Moon Cell without his visor obscuring his vision.

Wavy, well groomed hair fell below his ears, as if glad to be released from the helmet where it was once held. A handsome, young face, marred only by a single scar in the shape of a V that sat under his left eye, felt much appreciated fresh air, and the Servant smiled at the sensation, in spite of the battle he was in the midst of. Blackish green eyes, like malachite, watched the approach of the human rocket, aimed directly for his Master.

The Servant turned from the sight of Sabin approaching his Master and faced the spear hurtling toward him, and at his command, two thick castle walls, made of pure white marble, and laden with pearls, much like his own armor, erupted from the ground. One rose between Sabin and Aaron, to stop Sabin's charge, and another rose to block the oncoming spear before him.


^v^v^



Aaron's eyes widened at the shocking display of utter lunacy. The sheer speed of Sabin's approach overwhelmed anything Aaron was capable of, leaving little time to even react. Luckily for him, his Servant had already done so for him. As soon as the thick castle wall rose up to stop Sabin's charge Aaron set to work, using the time that Sabin would spend getting around the wall to increase his defense. As well as his offense.

"Hrungnir. Hrungnir. Hrungnir. Hrungnir. Hrungnir."

Five more flashes of code appeared around Aaron, and he turned to directly face the wall that separated him from Sabin. Though the wall was large, and obviously far too much for any Master to destroy on their own, Sabin would have to go around it, slowing his advance. On his left and his right the four new Hrungnir cubes floated. On each side of him one was placed at chest height, and another at ground level, and lastly, one directly above him, lest Sabin take his lunacy to a new level and scale the wall, making for a total of eight cubes now. Then, Aaron removed one of the Yakisoba Breads in his storage, and quickly threw it in his mouth, and began chewing like a madman in an effort to restore his drained MP.

Snax
January 20th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

After adjusting a few parts of her personal quarters to her own likes, Ellestia sat down and started thinking over options. She had skipped her Servant's lecture because it would have been a waste of time anyway, since he had as enough sense as a brick wall would have had. A 20 meter thick one, too. Still, she had given him a good deal of verbal abuse.

'Anyway, time to prepare for another death or life fight, I guess... and since preparation is always good, it starts now.'

Making sure that her Servant was still somewhere in the room, she swiped the backside of her gloves together, set her ring on a table, and started her magic.

"Compressing - copying - analyzing data - error checks - finalize."

With each step, the golden ring flashed. Even if it was a replica, an artifact of history would still be quite a useful tool in a battle which would require everything one could use. Using this would allow her to get about anything she would need, as long as it could be bought.

When the hacking was over, she checked her purse data - and was satisfied with the results.

"Now, first to get to a shop and buy some provisions and tools - and after that, the Arena."

With that, she headed out - with a Servant that wasn't even fazed with a million military cuss words in tow.

I3uster
January 20th, 2012, 06:24 AM
You pick yourself off the ground, ears ringing. For all intents and purposes, it felt and sounded like a supercruise jet had passed a few feet from your ears. Your hearing would take a little while to recover, but it struck you that that wasn't your problem: things would notice that sound, and they would be noticing soon.
The startled young Executor stood up as fast as he could and shouted to his Servant. "Saber! Defensive position. Cover my back!"
He could barely make out something that sounded like an affirmative reaction as he reached for the item in the folder as fast as he could.

Saber, we will use the mental link. I can barely understand you.

Understood, Master.

Andrei now stood back to back with his Servant, the empty item folder to their left, as he drew six black key hilts from his robe, holding three of them in every hand while crefully watching the enivroment for opponents. Saber had drawn his sword the moment the box let out the scream and was now calmly examining the surroundings for enemies of all kinds.

We will wait for now. Should there be no enemy in sight in the next 15 seconds, we will move outside of this disadvantegous terrain in this formation. And then we'll run.

Run? Is that what the warriors of the lord of this day and age do?

I already told you my thoughts about suicidal actions.

This is different, Master. We wanted to observe the other Masters and Servants anyway. We should stay. There won't be a better chance than this to get as much informations on Masters and Servants as possible. Do you doubt my strength, the strength the Lord gave me?


As hard as it was for Andrei to agree with his Servant on their tactical approach, he could see the Servants point. It would be the best to remain here if he wanted information on Servants and Masters. The problem would be the creatures of the Moon Cell...but there was no doubting Saber's considerable power.

Okay Saber, you convinced me.

And so, both warriors stood there, their backs pressed against eachother, waiting for the arrival of an opponent.

Blackdeath6031
January 20th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Nn...?"
He reverts his head back to the neutral posture and smiled gently.

"No reason, I suppose."

"I don’t think it is us you should be worrying about. Rather, you should worry about your own safety before ours. After all, we are enemies."

Looking at the source of the voice - an empty space - Seishirou's expression dropped from his gentle, curious one to a very serious one. A few, weaker people would perhaps have considered this face as that of a person out for blood.

That wouldn't have been too wrong either, perhaps.

But, that was merely a moment, before his face returned to its previous, jovial curves.

"Why, thank you, good man! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is worried about my new acquaintances. But I'm sure that, even as enemies, we have enough tact to decide this respectfully and fairly, no?"

The moment the last two letters left his lips, Seishirou began to feel cautious, making a note to himself to attempt checking out his opponent when he can later on.

Mellon
January 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Enjoyable, so far. It is a very curious place, to say the least. An amalgamation of all cities of the past and present... Gawain has been showing me around the parts of it that come from his age, although he seems to be avoiding the England sectors...”

"It is something rather remarkable, is it not? Moon Cell's computing power is quite spectacular, I must say. There is a live sized copy of the Sagrada Familia just not far from here. A completed one at that!"

Alistair was became clearly quite enthused as he was once again reminded of the great site. For someone like Alistar who took interest in architecture (albeit a relatively minor one), this was a place of wonder. His eyes seemed to light up as he seemingly thought of something even more enticing.

"I wonder, is the First Temple here? The Library of Alexandria? Who knows of all the architectural and historical marvels that have been buried here. Why, there could even be..."

"Brat. Don't go off on an tangent."

Seemingly chastised by his servant, Alistair gave a brief chuckle as he turned his eyes away from the window and back to Leo, with an apologetic smile on his face.

"Haa, sorry about that. I seem to have gone off a bit there. There is something you wish to say, right?



"I have a very... important assignment for you. This is concerning the Half Blood that caused all that trouble in Italy and then vanished... well, the details are here.”

"Aaah, of course, I remember the incident. Quite a headache that was. Very well, if it is necessary, I shall look into it."

Alistair casually took the file Leo was passing to him and placed it on the table. There was no point to go shuffling through it right now. He already had a good estimation of what was in it anyway. The file, and the mission for that matter, could wait for a while. At least until he had finished talking with Leo.


“So, how are you enjoying the Moon Cell, Alistair? Are you getting along with your Servant?”

"Like I said, its quite spectacular here. I wish we did not have all this "war" business to deal with. As for my Servant... he is quite peculiar, if I am completely honest..."

He felt the spearman in red and gold bristle at that comment. Lancer luckily chose not to manifest, but that did not mean that Alistair was spared of any sort of snarky and irritated comments. The mental link they shared was quite a... difficulty sometimes.

"I am peculiar, brat? Perhaps if I did not have to reel your stupidity in constantly, I would be less "peculiar"! I swear there is no respect for your elders in that "modern" head of yours. If you were even half as g...

"... but otherwise he is a good partner. If a bit talkative."

Lancer of course, did not bother to listen Alistair's finishing statement and instead preferred to continue with his lecture. On the topic of his uselessness and how Lancer, at his age, had already become a grandmaster and busy defeating a mystical creature of some sort.

...In actuality Alistair was glad that Lancer was in spirit form. At least he could buzz out Lancers mutterings. If he was manifested, the Servant might instead opt to smack him on the head (something which had happened for a number of times already). If something like that happened in front of Leo... that would be quite embarrassing.

"Oh, before I forget."

Alistair's hand reached inside the pocket of his jacket and pulled out two badges with elaborately engraved with images of golden lions. Dangling them from the gold chain that was attached to the badges, he held them out to Leo.

"Here. These two badges are directly linked to the access database of the Moon Cell. They should open all the needed doors, even to server limited areas, provided that the encryption level of the locations is not extremely high. They are keyed to your personal data flows, so that they cannot be stolen. Give the other one to Julius, will you?"

Verg Avesta
January 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
ARENA

“Well, would you look at that, Master…” Caster murmured, licking her lips. “This isn’t something you see every day. A giant monster versus a bee.”

And that was what it looked like. With the smaller Servant speeding everywhere around the giant, who, with his colossal sword, kept on destroying the earth around him. Both of them looked rather powerful on their own, but it was clear that the one with the power-advantage, Berserker as he clearly was, had advantage. Caster watched the battle with interest of a scholar or a spectator, getting all excited and sometimes clapping silently at the most daring stunts or the bravest strikes.

“How extraordinary! This is it! This is just what the Holy Grail War is about! I have no regrets of partaking in this war, Master, after getting my first taste of this. Even the great dunes of Northern Africa are nothing compared to this!” Caster said with excitement. “Then again, there is a mar in this perfect scene. Some sort of bug or a cloud of pestilence that keeps me from perfectly enjoying it.”

And with that, Caster looked over at the black stain that was Berserker’s Master, emitting malice every into his surroundings. Ulysses was also looking at the Master, his eyes unreadable as he compared himself into his “co-worker” inside the Moon Cell.

“…”

“Indeed, Master. Indeed. It seems that the battle is not faring well for the David of this Goliath…” Caster said with a soft tone, her hands gently resting at her hips.

And then the battle came into a stand-still. After avoiding death, the smaller Servant was now reunited with his sword, ready to plunge into the action once more. But the odds were clearly not looking good against him. More than that, Ulysses noted that there was something strange about both Servants. Like they were both restricted and powered-up in odd ways. He looked over at Caster, who was pondering.

“The giant……he’s dressed in lots of animals skins over that slight armor, but the only ones I can determine are wolf and bear. And that huge sword……what’s up with that metal?” she whispered keenly. “On the other hand, the small man……this isn’t clearly the first time for him to fight something that big. He’s experienced with that sort of opponent. And the armor is definitely from Greece. Hmm…”

Her eyes wandered to Ulysses’ eyes, both looking at each other for a while. Then…

“Heh. Alright, Master. Let’s stir things up a bit. I didn’t like the look of that black blob, anyway”, Caster snickered.

Snap! Caster’s fingers were snapped once.

“Let’s get to it. Let it blast, Master!”

And in that instant, Ulysses opened his mouth to speak.

“SELECT serial_code / FROM database / WHERE code='data' / ORDER BY allied_combat_data / HAVING veil_mode / INITIATE drizzle_veil_FCS.exe”

What came out of his mouth was not speech. It was code. Pure, raw, unfiltered code that began immediately changing the world around him.

A mist covered the area where Caster and Ulysses were, making it impossible to see them clearly. And not just any kind of mist. All sorts of information was blocked by that obstruction of information that manifested as mist that covered the area where the two were. They were, effectively, out of sight, out of mind.

And that was not the end.

“▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄”

Whatever Caster cast, the mist blocked out the information completely. But what it did not block was the effect. Immediately, the battlefield where Berserker and the mystery Servant where fighting was flooded with gas that seemed to rise out of the ground. No, not gas. It looked more like fluffy clouds that had been brought down to the ground, and they enveloped, Berserker, his Master and the unknown Servant completely, making it a bit hard to see.

However, that was not the only effect…

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
James Hawthorn
Week 1, Day 1
Arena

The bird-creature descends from the sky like an aeroplane, only screeching. Like a dying aeroplane.

As I confront the error of these metaphors, I order Saber to attack, getting behind her. A shield appears in her off hand, and she tosses a light javelin with the other towards the flying beast. It flies straight through the air, aimed to strike the monstrosity in one of its gigantic wings.

She brings her shield to bear, and now has a sword in her hand, ready to take the beast on.

Missing the wing of the beast would have been basically impossible for a Servant: after all, something of that size was begging for you to strike it. However, striking and defeating are different matters. The javelin punched straight through the leathery membrane, eliciting a screech. However, a hole of that size could only make so much of an effect on something that large, and it kept flying. Hurtling towards the cliff, it buffeted its wings against the side, endeavoring to knock you off.

Saber easily absorbed a direct blow on her shield, striking out with her sword to dig a gash in its side.

You weren't Saber. Your balance and stability weren't as steady as hers, nor did you have a shield to assist you. And so the wing struck you, causing you to begin to fall.

Panicked, you acted on reflex, doing the only thing that occurred to you. A spike of ice formed in your hands, and you slammed it into the wing, anchoring you to the giant beast.

It didn't take kindly to it, nor to Saber's slash. Crying out in pain, it broke away from the cliff, flapping its wings... with you holding onto one of them.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

With a mighty crash, Sabin collided with the solid marble. Having managed to at the last second twist his body around, he didn't instantly pulverize his head, which was not to say that he came out of it well. His left shoulder crunched, a noise that one never wants to hear from one's body.

He didn't seem to treat it as a problem. As he picked himself off the ground with both arms, it was clear that it wasn't even broken. Frowning at the wall, he flicked his wrist, throwing his sword... to his Servant.

The Servant had, like his Master, not stopped his charge, though it was a choice for him. Placing his shoulder under the rim of the shield, he had turned into the run and struck with all his might.

The wall shuddered. But, even pressed by the might of an ancient Greek hero, trained to use his shield in exactly this way, it stood. Sheathing his sword, he easily reached out and caught Sabin's. Drawing his arm back, he struck the wall.

Somehow, it shook even more than when he first attacked it. Again it held, but it didn't look like it could hold forever. The Servant was at the gates, and so was his Master.

(Do note that you can't see that stuff, you just know that the wall's shaking. Servant and Master do not share vision at this time.)

Five_X
January 20th, 2012, 08:40 PM
James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Arena

Let's rock.

I'm stuck on this prehistoric beast's wing, and I'm sure as hell not letting go. I make sure I'm steady, and grab hold of the creature's body, gradually pulling myself to its head, making sure that I avoid getting knocked off by its furious motions and flapping wings.

My cigarette lodged in my teeth, still burning, I made my way along the pterodactyl's body and up to its thick, long neck. I doubt it can support my entire weight, but I've got to at least try this. I should be as quick as I can be with this, keeping my weight shifted so that I don't upset the beast's balance all too much.

Near its head, with my body spread out enough along its neck to avoid falling, I wrap my arms lightly around it. I take my cigarette in one hand and reach up to its eye, pressing the burning end in to make a particularly painful blind spot; a jerk of the creature's whole body sends the cigarette out of my hand, tumbling far below, but the damage is done. My body is powerful, though, and I won't let go.

I grab tighter with my legs and arms wrapped about it, but not tight enough yet to actually choke it. I have one thing left to do.

In my hands I create a tightly wound, tough rope, quite long and quite strong. With nimble movements and whilst paying close attention to my grip, I bind the mighty pterodactyl's beak with the rope, tying it in a good knot.

All the while, I'm sort of steering it back to the cliff or towards anywhere that looks safe, moving back into a safer position.

I hope I don't die here.

Snax
January 20th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

After stocking up on a bunch of recovery items, Ellestia sought out the Arena. The polished glass and steel - made dome looked quite intricate, even pretty - however, it would be a bloody battlefield behind that facade of beauty. Ellestia actually doubted the Moon Cell's nature for a second - it seemed so hypocritical and inhumane that a battlefield would be so pretty. However, the moon cell was most probably not a human-made thing, and neither would it be programmed to be humane. Mulling over her many thoughts, she took a few steps forward, and prepared to enter the Arena.

"Before we actually step in, Master - I'd like to say something."

Suddenly, her Servant spoke up.

"Although I know you enjoy having your own share of fighting, and I know that you have more than several tricks up your sleeve, I'd like to have a chance to actually have a good fight before you end up killing the enemy. Can you make sure not to make this battle too boring?"

The Servant, for once, had lost his silly face and mischievous glint of eye - what replaced that was a feral, bloodlusting beast, with the eyes of a predator. Although he was usually more like a useless perv and a bum, in these times his atmosphere would change completely. Even though Ellestia had been hardened into the professional she was through many wars, she would shudder when she saw her Servant's face in these situations.

"Hmph, I prefer not to give any breathing space to enemies...but since the battle has only begun, I guess you can enjoy yourself... once in a while. Just don't go overboard."

"And while I'm at it, can I grope your b -"

"NO."

And he would always revert back to this useless state, which irritated Ellestia to no ends. It was this side of him that made him so unpredictable - but not that she disliked his free spirit.

'Sigh, I just hope we don't fail to get some actual profit from every action we do. After all, everything has its uses.'

With that, the duo entered the Arena.

Spinach
January 20th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

Aaron swallowed hastily, and instantly felt his MP return. He looked to his left and his right out of the corner of his vision, waiting for Sabin to make his way around the wall, and then looked up to see if Sabin really was taking crazy to the next level. Nothing. Just the silently humming Hrungnir cubes surrounded him, with no Sabin in sight.

Aaron clucked his tongue in a mix of annoyance, impatience, and anger. While he was sitting here like a coward his Servant was fighting another Servant, and a powerful one at that. Were they really partners if Aaron wasn't even contributing to the fight?

'Letting you do all the work, huh, partner? Nah.'

"Partner! Drop this wall!" Aaron yelled over the wall as loud as he could, so that his Servant could hear him.


^v^v^




The Servant watched his castle wall shudder at every blow. Though he was concerned that the wall would obviously not hold forever, he still felt a little pride that he had stopped the giant's charge. Though he couldn't help but wonder why the Servant hadn't simply went around the wall, and had instead chosen to attempt to destroy it, he surely wasn't going to waste the opportunity given by his enemy's stubbornness.

At his command a third wall erupted from the ground directly beneath him, carrying him high enough to easily leap onto the first wall that blocked himself from the giant. As the Servant looked out to check on the situation of his Master from his new vantage point, he heard a yell from behind the wall between Sabin and Aaron, an order from his Master to drop the wall that defended him. With a sigh, the Servant lowered the wall between Sabin and Aaron, returning it to the earth of the Moon Cell, and returned to his battle.

Leaping from his wall to the first wall the Servant looked down at the giant. He was still attacking the wall before him, looking determined to bring down the obstacle. The Servant nimbly leaped off of the wall, and in midair he reversed the grip of his sword, pointing the blade downwards, and holding it in both hands. Directly below him, the giant continued his assault on the castle wall, and the Servant came down blade-first, aiming directly for the back of the Servant's neck.


^v^v^




The wall fell, and once more Aaron's eyes met Sabin's. With his eight Hrungnirs placed Aaron was confident that he had the advantage now, especially with Sabin unarmed, and his Servant too preoccupied to assist him with another godly charge.

'Guess I'll have to get him to come over here. This will only work once, but if I can do any reasonable damage it'll be worth it.'

"Skrymir."

High above, among the clouds, a flash of code appeared. The sky turned dark. Rain fell. The sound of thunder could be heard in the distance, and numerous lightning strikes descended in the area behind Sabin, to Sabin's left, and to Sabin's right. Behind Sabin the lightning strikes advanced, moving closer and closer to his position, leaving him with only one option- to advance toward Aaron.

"Come." Aaron said, readying his electrified rebar, as lightning descended from above, nearly drowning out his words.

zlol365
January 20th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Ruca Hausen
Day one, Week One
Morning

"Oh bother, I cannot even figure out all of this."

He let out the only faint hint of his former personality, something he had tried to bury deep within his heart. He had lost so many things.... he would rather kill himself and become a cold and emotionless machine till he accomplished his goal. nothing more, but just that moment.. he had to.

He had the equipment from Atlas to help him out with the deciphering of the code, the weird 'moonrunes' of a name that was his opponent. Somehow, he knew it was someting, yet it was not something. Who would he be facing? What was his servant....? He did not have a single faint idea what was going on right now. If anything, he could only clench his fist in frustration.

Not even the calculations and knowledge of Atlas had an advantage here....

What could he do now?

Katie
January 20th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Kokonoe Emi (hero)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

...You won? It seemed almost too easy, really. Only one shot, and it didn't even require your Servant...

No, wait. It had stopped, but it hadn't stopped moving. A roar shook the air and ground, as the beast lashed out in a frenzy, covered by blood and enraged by pain. There, now you had something that seemed challenging. It was much better than the boring charge from before; unpredictability gave you more of a rush, more of a risk.

In a burst of air and speed, you narrowly avoided losing your head to the jaws and claws of the ancient monster. You Servant had nearly intervened to save you, but it seems you were fine. At least, for now.

The beast, writhing in pain, blindly swung its tail around, hoping to shatter every bone in your body—

Such an uncoordinated attack would have easy openings to exploit.

Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning


"Ah... I just decided to enjoy the sights. It's rare to see Rome in it's splendour, even if it's only a shadow of it's former self."

The man nodded in approval, although his eyes did not waver. You were being watched, scrutinized. After all, while it could be true, nearly everyone in Moon Cell had motives of their own, and simple sightseeing wasn't very likely.


"Ah, alright you got me. I'm looking for the WEC headquarters. I got lost... somehow and well if you could point me in the general direction that would be much obliged. I was honest though. It looks nice here and I have no personal issues with you or the church."

The man cracked a smile, and gave you a friendly pat on the back that hurt quite a bit.

"The WEC building? Why, that's simple. You see that tall skyscraper over there? I assume that to be it," he says simply, pointing towards the titular skyscraper. Before you go, however, he shakes your hand, giving it a painful squeeze.

...Perhaps that pain made you not realize that he had left some sort of construct in your hands; something similar to a crystal, and yet something that most certainly came from Moon Cell.

...

The WEC building is grand and proud, suitable for what is essentially the world government. Immediately, someone came to notify you about your mission... For now, it seemed, all you had to do was simple recon and beat the opposing Servant. After all, the war had only begun, and plans were being formed, not executed. It was too early for the various factions to have massive schemes in play... or was it?

It didn't matter. All you had to do was prepare for your fight at the end of the week.

But where were you going to go first?

Satehi
January 21st, 2012, 12:57 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

If either Valentine or her invisible Servant are surprised by the change in your expression, they don’t show it.

"Why, thank you, good man! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is worried about my new acquaintances. But I'm sure that, even as enemies, we have enough tact to decide this respectfully and fairly, no?"

The voice pauses a bit, taken slightly aback by your rather positive and cheerful response.

“It’s true, that despite our differences, warriors must always remain cordial and civil to each other. You have a point,” the voice acknowledges, “and as such, I shall repeat my warning to you, as is only fair for one such as I, that we are not really the ones you should be worrying about.”

Valentine looks a little to the side, probably not too entirely pleased with the way her Servant is behaving, but not enough to do anything about it.

SeiKeo
January 21st, 2012, 01:14 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

With that, the duo entered the Arena.

A gentle winds blows in your ears, the sigh of a dying planet. A unshielded sun beat down upon you, scorching you with unending heat. As you open your mouth to breathe, the dry air sucks the moisture from your mouth, leaving your tongue flopping in desperation for water. Yes, you had arrived. Welcome to the desert.

The lone and level sands stretched far away, presenting you with an unbroken vista of pale, sun-bleached dunes. The twin stars of the sun and some other unknown star glittered alone in an otherwise empty clear blue sky, almost painful in its radiance. You were in an area abandoned by even life itself: any substance that could support some kind of life had long since been leached from the sands.

Your weight caused your sandaled feet to sink into the sand slightly, causing a void into which it began to flow. Hot. Hothothothothot!

This was bad.

Snax
January 21st, 2012, 01:38 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (Arena)

Ellestia frowned. This wasn't quite what she had expected, and as soon as she had entered, she was burning her feet in hot sand. There was no shelter from the hot sunlight, either - which meant she would have to move, at least somewhere, in order to soothe her feet.

Brushing the backside of gloved hands together, she invoked her magic.

"Compressing - copying - analyzing data - error checks - repeat - finalize."

Processing the sand and sandals, she created a set of boots that would at least, keep her feet out of the burning sand. After doing so, she removed her coat, leaving herself clad in only a tank top and pants. Her coat digitally disappeared, returning to her digital storage.

'Something should be done about this heat, though...I have enough power to at least 'move sand' from below, 'compress and harden' it, and then give it shape.'

The best thing to do right now would be to move, and fast. And the best way to move on smooth sand would be...

"Compressing - analyzing data - materialize - error checks - finalize."

Touching the hot sand, she drew upon its components - something fine and heat-resistant would do. First, she created skis, which she attached on her newly made boots. Next, two long poles were made, which she would use to propel herself. Since her Servant was currently still in Spirit state, he wouldn't need his - which would be hard to make considering his size.

Next, she made a few other items that might be needed - a water bottle, which she strapped onto her waist - and a pair of kneepads and elbowpads, just in case.

Finally, she took out some sunglasses from her pocket - and finally fully prepared, Ellestia went sand-skiing out on the dunes.

SeiKeo
January 21st, 2012, 02:14 AM
And so, both warriors stood there, their backs pressed against eachother, waiting for the arrival of an opponent.

Mother Earth didn't make you wait for long. A massive roar echoed over the trees, heralding a forest on the move. Standing your ground, you could hear the primary movement: massive trees uprooted at the hands of some massive creature. Under that ran the rhythm: a softer patter of small feet, complementing the larger stomps and building both the noises into one massive roar.

On the hill, you readied yourself, preparing for the onslaught. And it came. Boy, it came.

The first movement was a swarm of smaller creatures, tiny biting things that looked like miniature versions of raptors, only as high as your knee. To you, they didn't seem like they would be much of a threat, but their numbers could be an issue.

Among the smaller ones was a trio of true raptors, three meters long. Contrary to Mr. Spielberg, they appeared not scaly, but rather similar to birds, covered with feathers. With them, their arms looked eerily similar to a bird's.

But the crescendo was still to come. Tumbling a tree with a roar, it burst upon the scene.

Fifty feet of greenish gray dinosaur, standing at least twice your height. Breath of rotten flesh that you could smell even from where you were standing. If you had to compare it to anything, it was a Tyrannosaur, but larger than even that.

Brace yourself.

I3uster
January 21st, 2012, 08:51 AM
Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Brace yourself.

Next time, we do it my way.

I have no regrets. Keep your grip firm and your faith strong, and we will survive this test.

Go for the big one. I distract the rest.

...Master, are you sure that you can handle it? These abominations are without number.

As long as I "keep my grip firm and my faith strong" it should, work, no? So go, get the big one.


Like a silver flash of lightning Saber advanced through the horde of tiny biting creatures, ignoring the three raptors and positioned himself behind the biggest dinosaur of them all, trying to draw his attention in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile Andrei took a deep breath, and tried to gauge the distance between him and the swarm.

5 meters

"Popel k popelu..." an easy incantation for great effect. The six black keys in his hands started glowing.

4 meters

"...a prach k prachu" he felt as the temperature of the blades rose, making it almost unberable to hold them.

3 meters

He threw the keys into the air so that they landed right in the middle of the mass of scales and maws that was advancing towards him, sticking into the ground.
Not a single key hit one of the countless targets.
They did not need to.

Andrei quickly jumped back as he heard the thumping sound of the heavy swords hitting the soft ground, to prepare for what came next.

In a 5 meter radius around the area where the Keys hit, the grass and even the ground itself started bursting into flames, utterly incinerating every little dinosaur that was advancing towards Andrei.

After 3 seconds the burning suddenly stopped, put out with an ease comparable to blowing out a candle. Not a single little flame flickered as far as Andrei could see.

The beautiful green grass that was there just moments ago was replaced by a barren, brown patch of earth, interrupted only by black smears and piles of ash.

-------

Saber was proud of his standing as a man of faith. Without remorse. Without fear.

But even he was in awe of the creature that stood before him. It was, without the slightest doubt, a dragon, the offspring of the devil. God's beautiful creation had no place for an abomination like this. So it was his duty to exterminate it.

How to approach this taks was a different problem though.

The giant beast let out a terrifying roar. Saber presumed it was to intimidate him. The only logical reaction was to retaliate.

"CREATURE! I DO NOT FEAR YOU! I WILL NOT FALTER! YOU SHALL BE CUT DOWN IF YOU INTEND TO BLOCK THE PATH BETWEEN ME, MY MASTER AND THE GRAIL, FOR MY NAME IS..."

The boast of the Servant was interrupted by a bright flash of light and a feeling of heat nearby.

So he managed to take care of the horde...very well, then I shall do my part.

The dinosaur, panicking by the burning behind him ran towards Saber. It was surprisingly agile, and with unmatched speed it's maw descended, ready to eat the man that stood before him.

Saber could barely dodge to the side, the impact of the maw knocking him off his feet and leaving a little crater behind. The dinosaur had already lifted its head, ready to finish of the legendary soul.

But Saber manged to roll backwards, barely evading the second assault of the giant lizard. But it did not stop. This was a losing battle for Saber if he would not be able to get into a more advantageous position and took a more tactical approach.
Or he could just try to kill the creature like a total lunatic with no regards to his own life.

Saber never was a man for tactical approaches.

As the "dragon" descended for the third time, Saber rolled back with all his strength, leaving roughly 20 centimeters between his feet and the dinosaur's maw.
Before the dinosaur was able to recover, Saber performed a kip up and used the resulting force to ram his sword into the creatures head with both of his arms, right between the nostrils.

A non-fatal hit. The dinosaur raised his head in shock, trying to get the man who held onto the foreign object in his head between his teeth. But Saber quickly swung to the side, his feet now covering the eyes of the lizard.
Due to this it started frantically shaking its head, hoping to recover its vision. But this hope was soon crushed, crushed with the heels of Saber who were pressed into the creatures eye sockets.

Another roar. Even more frantic shaking. Saber managed to barely hold on to the sword, and saw his chance for victory. He pulled it out with all of his might and quickly rammed it back into the dinosaurs neck area. As he was performing a chin-up with just the hilt of his sword to hold on to, he managed to wrap his legs aroung the dragons head.

Now came his favorite part. Bringing down the beast.

Barely managing to pull out the sword which was now in his chest area he held onto the shaking and rocking lizard with his legs, and shouted a final boast of his victory:
"KNOW THIS, DRAGON! YOU CAN ESCAPE ME! YOU CAN ESCAPE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! YOU CAN ESCAPE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE HERETICS, NON-BELIEVERS AND VARIOUS OTHER SCUM THAT ROAMS THIS UNREAL WORLD!"
The dinosaur let out a roar, like an answer to the crazy ramblings of the man who was now riding him.
"BUT YOU SHALL NEVER ESCAPE..."
Saber readied his sword, grasping at it with both hands, placing it so that it would surely hit the creatures brain.
"...THE LOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRD!"
With relentless fury Saber stabbed the creatures head. Even as it keeled over he still pulled out his sword and stabbed it another ten times, just to make sure.
His whole body was on fire. This was what he longed for. This was what he sought.

Bringing salvation to sinners, and damnation to evil.

----------

For Andrei, the fight still was not over. One of the Raptors had been caught by the flames, but the other two were now advancing towards him with incredible speed.

He readied two of his trusty black keys. Close combat was the only option against these agile monsters, especially considering that he just used up more than half of his MP.
The first one took a jumped directly at Andrei, his mouth opened, ready to chew his face off. The executor quickly sidestepped the dinosaur, looking it directly into the eye as it brushed past him. The second one used this opening to bite Andreis right arm.

But he was faster. He raised his arm with incredible speed. The raptor jumped after it, ignoring the Black Key in Andreis left hand.

Fatal mistake.

Andrei rammed the sword into the creatures throat, letting it go as he felt the weight of the lizard. It twitched a little as it fell to the ground.

Now on to the second one, where is...

He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. The raptor did not manage to tear through his robes with his bite, but Andrei felt that his collarbone would give in if that beast would not be killed instantly.
His suspicion was proven right by an even sharper pain and an audible cracking sound.

Kurwa

With no Black Key in his left hand and unable to move his right arm due to the sharp pain, Andrei was essentially out of options. He fell on his back, hoping that his weight would force the dinosaur to stop.

Like a beginner...this is so embarassing...

Rocking his body back and forth he tried to force the creatue to loosen its bite, but it had no effect.

Finally, he heard an all too familliar sound of a sword piercing flesh and bone, and felt that the Raptor lost its grip.

"Hmmm...you managed it well, my br...Master." said Saber in his usual, booming voice.

"Are you trying to taunt me?" Andrei made a sign with his hand and crossed himself. Another jolt of sharp pain ran through his body as his collarbone fixed itself.

"No, not at all. These dragons are vicious! I am surprised that you managed to take them down by yourself!" Saber gave him a pat on his left shoulder.

"Thanks I guess...let's move on, we still have to find that trigger..." Andrei was still fighting the remnants of pain and the dizzy feeling it gave him.

"I saw a great mountain nearby. A volcano, maybe? We should look in its vicinity." For some reason Saber seemed a lot calmer than before. Maybe it was the exercise?

"Good idea. Let us go."

And so they both continued on their search for a trigger.

Blackdeath6031
January 21st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Seishirou's cheerful expression broke into an awkward one, then into an undeniably confused one moments later.

He opened his mouth, trying to say something. But no words came to mind, and so he promptly closed his mouth, dazed.

After a few moments, he heaved a sigh and smiled.

"Fair enough. I apologise for my rudeness then. In that case I won't bother you any more for now then?"

Making a light bow like he had when he introduced himself, he then straightened himself and began walking off.


"....Lee..."

A female voice spoke up quietly as Seishirou began to pick his pace.

"Don't worry, don't worry~," He sniffed, waving his hand absent-mindedly as he wiped his eyes with his sleeve as he made his way off.
He had more or less gotten used to her misspelling his last name, in spite of all the times he corrected it.

"Lee..." The voice persisted.

"..."

"To think you backed down and listened to that warning. That isn't like you, Lee."

"...Kuh." Seishirou spat, his demeanour changing as his voice lowered into a mutter. "Right, we definitely can't underestimate our opponents then. I can't get much of a reading from Valentine, because that servant interjected, but I can't help but fee-"

"Are you doubting my abilities, master?" Promptly, the voice interjected.

"...I suppose you're right." Pausing for a moment, he nodded with relief.
"Well, we have little time to waste. Let's head to the arena. After all, I have yet to see how much I can rely on you without pulling any strings."

With that, the pair headed for the fighting grounds.

Sakuraba Haru
January 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning
Near WEC Building

Vayu inspected the crystal like object he had been given by the man from the church. Vayu gripped it tightly in his right fist.

He had no idea if this was a benefit or not... if it was a trap or a detection item of some sort it could indeed be quite problematic, he did not like the idea of being destroyed at a crucial moment or being observed.

But if it was an asset and in no way detrimental he should be thankful for the act of kindness or foolishness. Vayu sighed as he considered all the risks and rewards.

Finally after a while he tucked it away into his right pocket, even if it was a trap or the like perhaps he could use it against others in the future once he knew what could be done.

His mission was to take down the enemy Servant and merely continue onwards. "Got to keep climbing the ranks... and end this stalemate in the world."

Vayu had already planned a few simple attack tricks that could prove quite effective despite the simplicty... though they each would probably only work once on the same opponent.

Archer wasn't amazing in his basic strengths... however there were ways he had advantages and Vayu needed and would try his very best to use them to the best of his capablities.

The first action of buisness... Archer would pretend to be Assassin and Vayu would act apathetic and near suicidal in spoken desires in the arena.

This would make the enemy surely drop their guard for even a split second it could be helpful... and having a gauge, preconceptions and deceit to hang over the enemy was a good strategy.

"Archer... we're going to the arena. Only use that simple sword unless I specifically tell you a battle plan. Furthermore try to prevent conflict, I would like to observe and collect the ciphers as the top priority. Pretend to be Assassin... you can act can't you?"

"Alright then... well let's get started. I'm itching for a fight. Maybe I'll see a few old friends around?"

SeiKeo
January 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (Arena)

Finally, she took out some sunglasses from her pocket - and finally fully prepared, Ellestia went sand-skiing out on the dunes.

Pushing off from the top of the dune, you easily carved down its face, cutting beautiful curves in the sand.

That was the easy part. Large dunes like that were few and far between, with much of the space in between them taken up by smaller dunes or flat sand. Unable to easily slide down something flat, you settled into a different kind of skiing, striding across the sands in a rhythmic motion.

Stride, pole. Stride, pole. Stride, pole. For some stretch of time - exactly how long you could not tell - you glided across the unchanging sands.

You glanced up. If someone had asked you... you would have sworn that that large dune off in the distance was larger a minute ago. And you would have sworn that the horizon was steady, instead of gently vibrating...

No, there was certainly something wrong here. The ground was noticeably rumbling now, as if there was some kind of earthquake building. Dunes began to collapse, their integrity disturbed by the shaking. From you, it took a massive effort of will just to stay on your feet. And then... it burst from the ground.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YRHDomoLb-A/TStrzMJEljI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/fJgQcZbF3bk/s1600/dune-sandworm.jpg

Words utterly failed to describe the monster in front of you. Even 'monster' simply did not live up to the blind power ascendant in front of you.

RacingeR
January 21st, 2012, 07:48 PM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Leo accepted the two badges with interest in his face. “I hope the information we gave you for this helped. I know the preparations took some time, but this is what we needed. If we manage to find a way to spy the database of Players, then we will gain a significant advantage.”

After that, there was not much to say. You exchanged good-byes, and went to your separate ways. Soon, you reached the monstrous dome of metal, and passed through the portal of the Arena.

The moment you appeared into it, and looked into your surroundings... vertigo dominated your senses which such a strength that both you and your Servant crouched towards the ground out of pure instinct. A wave of unpleasant heat hit you, but that was not what had forced your instincts to make such ungentlemanly moves.

You were standing above a massive branch, with leaves as big as you, and probably wider than three of your Servant put together. The branch was, of course, connected to a tree so titanic its mere existence boggled the mind. Looking up, the massive sea of gigantic leaves made it hard to see how high it actually reached, and looking below, there was quite the distance between the floor and you, probably between 10 and 12 meters. However, the branch was wide and sturdy enough that it may as well be a stable floor.

A sound called your attention, and you saw a bunch of oversized mosquitoes festering in what seemed to be a piece of torn, destroyed, unidentifiable meat. Probably an animal, it looked like it had been eaten through by something way more dangerous, but before you could examine it more, it vanished into bits of code. Probably a defeated program.

Ahead, you could see the body of the tree itself. It was so rough and carved up, that climbing up and down was quite easy, with an huge quantity of places to grab and help you in the endeavor.


Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“So? Have you ceased to bore me with your useless resistance, weakling?” The voice of a man spoke again from the horrible shadows, his tone mocking. “I expected something more entertaining of a famous Heroic Spirit of Greek myths! Crush him like the boring ant he is, Berserker.”

At that order, the tall man roared yet again, a yell of pure bloodlust, his sword composed of otherworldly material shining under the blazing sun, a slab of death that dwarfed the weapons of modern men. The savage barbarian sent its weight forward, a slash so powerful and fast that defied imagination. But at that moment, the situation changed.

Mist poured from Ulysses’ surroundings, covering him and Caster, and effectively, the hilltop where they stood, completely. A void of information that made impossible to perceive the duo and their actions.

“So the cockroaches have stopped scurrying around? Good. I was already getting bored of this.” The blob of darkness seemingly spun, ready to face the duo standing at the hell, behind the mist. However, he did not have any time to cast his own codecast, as Caster’s spell was sent forward.

Instantly, the battlefield was covered in gas that appeared seemingly from nowhere, maybe from the very ground. More than gas, it looked like cloud, fluffy and white, enveloping almost the whole clearing, leaving little space to escape...

Intermission – Desperate Struggle

The Servant of unknown class barely avoided the enemy’s first charge, the massive form surging forward between the white clouds that greatly reduced the vision of the two combatants. He could feel it, how the gas slowly had an effect, his movements becoming dull and being slowed, little by little.

Only thanks to his reserves of prana had he managed to not instantly fall prey to the effect, the paralyzing sleepiness working its way to his mind. He was losing, little by little, the foothold he had on the waking world.

And his enemy... the tall Berserker was suffering the same effects, but not on the same way. Both Servants had their movements dulled, their insane speed reduced, yet still beyond the ability of mere mortals. Yet, as their swords clashed in a massive shockwave, he couldn’t help but to notice it. To notice that the dull sleepiness had yet to invade Berserker’s mind!

Magic Resistance. A low level one, yet the skill still showed it’s effectiveness, slowing down the unavoidable effects of the soft clouds. It was an ability that the monster should not have, another enigma added to the power that Berserker should not have, a final card that sealed the fate of the smaller Servant.

Another titanic slash, like a cataclysm. He was forced to barely parry it with all his strength, repeating his previous deed of redirecting the strength behind away from his body. Another opening created, another plunge of his sword. Blood being drawn from a massive cut at the left side of the tall Servant. The counter attack almost blasted his head off, the massive blade only missing by a hair, a red line appearing in his shoulder.

A thrust forward. At the last moment, he hit the dull side of the weapon with his shield, avoiding the final blow yet again. His feet retreated back, almost against his will, and then he was forced to roll around to duck under yet another slash. He was being overwhelmed.

His mind was already going, the cloud of gas taking him away from the waking world. The unstoppable charge of Berserker trampled him, a hopeless struggle that at this point he was only continuing by mere willpower. His prana was almost depleted by trying to use it to avoid his inevitable downfall. The protective talisman her Master had given to him, obtained from a far more capable magus, was finally spent.

A left punch slipped from under his defenses and impacted his body like a hammer, the cracking of his ribs like a final curtain on the desperate battle that had happened so fast. The small body was plunged in the air, the hero’s mind finally finding sleep.

No.

With a final moment of heroic willpower, the Servant put his shield forward against the incoming attack.

Intermission End.

You saw the body exploding out of the clouds of gas, the mystery Servant rocketing towards a massive tree. The crashing sound was dull, the body battered and covered in blood. For a second, you thought he was dead, but with weary movements, the man managed to got up, and in an instant...

He vanished between the shrubbery. You tried to scan the place yet again... but his presence had vanished completely.

Still, it was not time to worry about that. You noticed that the blob of darkness had manifested tentacle like appendages when the gas had started to surge from the ground, and had used them to impulse himself out of the way. Of course, there was no way for modern magi to resist a spell from a Caster Servant, much less to avoid it, but he had been far away from the battle in the first place, and managed to get to the edge of the clearing in a stroke of luck. Not that it was that good of a position, with a giant tree blocking his way back.

The lucky bastard centered his hidden stare in the mist. Even through it, you could feel the horrible malice that composed his aura, as a hand covered in shadow was extended forward.

“Null_Code = 1” Raw code against raw code. A codecast specifically made to null the effects of others of its kind, a code that destroyed other codes. The mist that hid you trembled and struggled for a moment, before just... breaking down into raw lines that soon vanished. Whoever had created such a powerful code was a genius.

Berserker appeared from the clouds, sleepiness showing in his now calmer visage. He had managed to barely push forward before falling asleep, the low rank of Magic Resistance he sported had only been enough so it did not have instant effects on him.

However, the damage was done. His left side had a large, gaping wound, from where blood had poured in enough quantities to dye that side of his clothing red. A wound the enemy Servant wouldn’t have managed to cause without your help. The duo was in a seemingly weakened position, yet Berserker stood in front of his Master, wiping the foam out of his mouth, as if he did not sense the excruciating pain that should be assaulting his body.

His eyes fell on Caster, and with a calm, deep voice, he spoke out loud, the first time you had ever seen him talk. “Master. I want that woman.” An announcement loud enough to reach even your ears.

And furthermore, from another direction... a Servant was approaching. A Servant followed by two humans connected to the larger presence by a bond. Two Masters.

Your opponent was fast approaching.


Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Hot.

That is the first thing you notice. A blazing hot sun pours its whole strength against you, your body covered in sweat in mere instants, your clothes drenched. Along the sun, you could see something more, like some kind of star brilliant even at near midday.

It was a blazing Star of Destruction, the whole sky lit with its glory, just a mere point in the far away space, yet projecting its strength from far away. It was a gigantic meteor, that was for sure.

However, that did not enter your minds, as more pressing matters surrounded you. The place was the entrance to a gigantic forest nearby, with trees tall enough to make anyone feel insignificant, so much they dwarfed you. At a distance, you could see a volcano, and in the opposite direction, way afar, a tree so titanic it was like a tower that towered other towers, a citadel of insane proportions.

You were standing above the tail of a raptor. The dinosaur, more resembling a huge bird than what one would at first imagine, was taller than the rest of the herd that were there watching you with really unpleasant eyes. At least eight of them, and the monster in whose tail you were standing, the ninth one, was probably something akin to the leader, or the alpha male, or however raptor societies worked. Or maybe just a bigger, scarier one.

Whatever role it fulfilled, it decided that Louis’ head was a good snack as any, as it coiled on itself, searching to rip his head in one bite...!


Alan Griffin
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

It is a sun-scorched hill. Green grass that reached to your knees covered it fully, the hot air burning your skin. The sky was clear, and you could see a forest nearby, composed of the enormous trees, a veritable jungle of monstrous proportions, crowned by a titanic tree visible even from your position. Massive leaves littered the path between your position and the forest.

You heard a screech, and stared upwards. You could see a strange, luminous point near the sun, in the burning sky, but before you could even start to guess what it was, a massive shadow blotted out the lights, a monstrous creature of massive wingspan, an ugly monster that dwarfed even elephants, yet it was still airborne. The mammoth bird perched itself a top of a tree, almost making it crumble under its weight.

It was a pterodactyl, one an immensity you would never have dreamed of, its eyes little in comparison to the massive beak, staring at you, its prey. It let out yet another sound that resembled a screech, yet it was unidentifiable and prehistoric, a flying menace that made a cold sensation climb your spine.

In one fluid motion, the ugly oversized bird sent its weight forward, in an huge sweep, its open beak aiming at you.


Leinhart von Einzbern
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

“Heh, that is a nice guess. Although the Crimson Red Vermilion aren’t a crowd I’d be pleased to get associated with.” He says, neither confirming or denying your suspicions of what he was. You couldn’t read if he was a Dead Apostle, or an Hybrid, or even an Homunculi. His utterly inhumane presence made it clear that if he was a magi, then he was the king of abnormal ones, at least.

“But well, maybe I am a quite rare find. What is this Grail War if not an accumulation of all the oddities and strangeness of the world? The more strange an out of the rules one is, the more advantage he holds. Such is the nature of this war.” And saying that, he sipped his tea, that the waitress had just given to both of you.

“Augh! Hot!” Apparently, not a good idea, because he almost dropped the cup, managing to put it in the table before letting his tongue out to the cool air.

“Anyway!” He said once he was a bit recovered, still talking with difficulty. “The Einzberns must be more interested than I thought, then, sending two of their agents around. But no matter, I doubt this subject would make for a pleasant breakfast conversation.”

You could detect a hint of sarcasm on his voice there, as he forced the chair again into a precarious position. “Name is Eifeel Lisk.” He commented as if it mattered little, sipping on the tea, this time successfully. The name was indeed a nonsensical one, like the thing a child would make up in a hard spot, but the way he said it made you think he had been going by that name from a really long time ago.

Snax
January 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (arena)

"...!!"

Ellestia's eyes opened wide in shock. The monster before her was quite a spectacle, but it seemed to be hungry - and probably saw her as a morsel. A small one, but a morsel nevertheless.

Gritting her teeth, she started skiing as fast as possible. It wouldn't be possible to actually escape the monstrosity without a sound plan, but as long as she found out how it sensed things and how it chased its prey, it might not be that bad.

Also, it would be viable to kill the thing if it was possible. However, Ellestia couldn't think of a concrete method that would allow her to actually win.

For starters, she skid towards the beast's side. It's big size would mean it wouldn't be too nimble, especially when it has to turn its head 180 degrees in a split second. Getting near the beast, she proceeded to touch the hide of the beast.

"Analyze."

After another second, she quickly swerved away while the beast moved somewhat to the side, making the dunes shake. Ellestia thought she saw the head part turning around in order to charge at her. However, she now knew how durable the hide of the beast was.

At that moment, the worm suddenly lurched at her. Ellestia, feeling danger vibes crawl down her spine, swiftly turned a sharp left at high speed. The head swiftly came down, burying itself in sand - missing her by a few inches, and then the head popped up again a few meters away.

"Saber, I need you to buy me some time. Get on the backside of that thing and start doing whatever in your power possible. Also, I severely doubt that big thing can start rolling over, or actually buck around as hard as you throw you off - I even doubt if it can feel you on it's backside since it's hide is quite thick. Buy me some time, and I'll throw something gigantic on it."

"Got it, Master. It's been a while since I've had any action, so may I go all out?"

"Just don't overdo it. But you can use whatever you want."

"Roger."

Saber approached the beast in spirit form, and then fully materialized on it's back - in full fighting gear. Wearing black metal armor from head to toe, with several animal skins hanging around his back or sides, he was quite an imposing figure. His helmet looked like that of a savage beast.

"Here goes."

Ellestia swiped the backsides of her gloves together, and started the biggest of her magic possible. It would take some time to completely finish this, but it would be useful.

"Gather - disperse."

Gathering the sand and digitalizing it, she started positioning the elements in the air - above the worm. It would really tax her mana, but she had enough recovery items to last a long time. The problem was, she would need to control the elements while skiing all around in order to evade the worm. It would tax her brainpower a lot - but she was a member of ATLAS, and even being the soldier she was, she was somewhat proud about her own brainpower.

---------------------

The worm didn't seem to notice the Servant on its mid-section. Considering it's size, the Servant wasn't big enough to notice, anyway.

While Ellestia was busy preparing her big attack, Saber took out a gigantic sword out from nowhere. It was as big as a greatsword, or even bigger - yet he handled it with great ease, as if it was as light as a feather. It was a cruel looking sword, with spikes and thorns erupting out of the blade here and there. Even a scratch would hurt a person badly.

Saber, standing on the back of the thing, proceeded to stick the gigantic blade right through the hide. He pushed the blade fully through down to the hilt, feeling the thick hide break, with something like ichor starting to bubble out. He then proceeded to drag down the blade, making an even bigger cut. While he was at it, he activated his Noble Phantasm for bigger damage.

"Gate of the Damned, open. Curse this living creature with all your hatred!"

The blade glowed black, and with that suddenly an army of ghosts spew out of the blade, right into the worm's body. It probably wouldn't kill it, but it would weaken it to quite an extent - as well as poison, paralyze, or whatever possible curse that could happen. The ghosts then proceeded to rampage around inside the body, furthering the damage.

Afterwards, Saber proceeded in adding several more gashes to the beast's body.

SeiKeo
January 22nd, 2012, 02:35 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning
"Come." Aaron said, readying his electrified rebar, as lightning descended from above, nearly drowning out his words.

Your Servant fell towards the enemy, blade pointed like a falling star. The enemy didn't seem to notice, far too occupied with your wall, and as such, he battered as death approached him.

At god speed, your Servant plummeted, and swung downwards at the exposed neck, swinging with all his might in a decisive blow.

It was all he could do to keep from impaling himself on his own blade. Instead of ripping through the back of the enemy's neck and spine, the blade slid off the enemy's bronzed skin like a child trying to scratch a rock. Repelled from the skin, a lesser warrior would have had his blade forced inward and through his own stomach.

Your Servant was not such a warrior, but nearly faced death all the same, as the enemy, alerted, spun about faster than you would think possible and lashed out with his shield in an arc, forcing your Servant to jump back. In the same move, the Servant snapped his other arm and threw his sword back to its owner - his Master - sensing that it would be needed. Continuing, he drew his own blade, and in an instant prepared to advance.

Reaching out, Sabin caught his weapon, bearing his teeth in a feral grin. "LIGHTNING?" he shouted over the same. "YOU WISH TO ASSAULT ME WITH PUNY LIGHTNING?"

Mad laughter. "I... I AM INVINCIBLE!" And as a final coda to his speech, he trust the weapon into the sky, into the rain of lightning.

Bolts arced to the bronze, flickering down the razor edge and through his body to the ground. In the midst of his insane cackling, you could see some of the lightning arcing across his teeth. Oblivious, he gave no heed to the current.

The storm ended. And he still stood.

In a deliberate movement, Sabin reached down to the beach, seizing a handful of sand. "Invincible." With that, he swung his hand, casting the sand in front of him.

As it was cast through the air, the sand fused and accelerated. Propelled by magic, a flurry of glass shards closed in upon you.

SeiKeo
January 22nd, 2012, 03:51 AM
James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Arena

I hope I don't die here.

The beast screams with a cry of immense pain, bucking madly. Yet, somehow you managed to hold on, even as it writhed in the air to try and dislodge you. Holding onto the rope, you pull it right and left, trying to somehow guide the creature.

It still shakes, desperately trying to resist foreign influence. As you pull it left, it agrees, only to dive at the same time, bringing the both of you into a downward spiral towards the river. Still clinging on, you see the walls of the cliff - canyon, you supposed - blur into streaks of stone, as you moved at an entirely unhealthy speed.

Nearing the bottom, it occurred to the pterodactyl: you weren't letting go, even under a dive. Desperate measures were needed. Barely a hundred feet above the river, it leveled out of its dive at the same time as it rolled over, suddenly propelling you down and out.

If it were not for the rope, you would have been dead, dashed upon the banks of the river. As it was, you hung from a few shreds of hemp under the beast, as it found that you were still attached. Distressed, it thrashed in midair, trying to regain its balance. No, it couldn't. In pain from its destroyed eye, short on breath from the rope about its neck, it could not regain level flight. Despite that, it held on , bringing itself into a flopping glide. But still a falling one.

The river approached fast under your feet. Luckily, you had just passed a section of rapids, but you could still see large rocks here and there closer to the edges: the center must simply be too deep. None of the rest of the river seemed any safer, so, maybe it was a good place to-

You didn't get the opportunity to make a decision. For whatever reason - a sudden lack of breath, a stab of pain... - the pterodactyl floundered for the last time, plunging into the river with your trailing behind it.

Spinach
January 22nd, 2012, 03:52 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

'By God, Aaron might have actually been right...!'

Rider landed on his feet, and immediately at his will the two standing walls fell to the ground, returning to the earth. Instantly two new more walls rose, one directly beneath Rider, bringing him high into the sky on top of it, and another beneath the charging giant, bringing them both to the same elevation.

From his vantage point Rider looked down at the battle between Aaron and Sabin, and with a sigh, he raised another wall between the two, to block the barrage of glass that was about to put more holes in Aaron than Swiss cheese.


^v^v^


Once more a castle wall rose between Aaron and Sabin, shielding Aaron from Sabin's glass attack. Aaron sighed at the sight of his Servant's second intervention in his fight, and began making further preparations.

"Hrungnir. Hrungnir. Hrungnir."

The familiar feeling of MP being drained coursed through Aaron, unaccompanied by the sight of a new Hrungnir coming into existence. That was, of course, because none of the new Hrungnir cubes were meant to be placed on his side of the wall. The three were meant to appear on the other side of the wall, forming a triangle shape around Sabin's last known position to Aaron.

"Hrungnir. Hrungnir. Hrungnir."

The sensation of Aaron's MP dropping returned, once more with no Hrungnir cubes in sight. Like before, these three were meant to be on the other side of the wall. One slightly above the ground in front of Sabin, another on the ground the ground directly behind Sabin, and the last one directly above Sabin's head.

Lastly, Aaron put another Takoyaki Bread in his mouth, and began wildly chewing, hoping to finish the MP recovery before his Servant dropped the wall. Aaron speedily chomped through the Takoyaki Bread, swallowed it, and sighed again.

"This is getting boring..."


^v^v^


After making sure that his foolish little Master wasn't about to die, Rider returned his attention to his own fight. With a slow, earth shaking rumble, the wall supporting the giant moved, sliding over the ground and approaching Rider. Raising his sword, Rider prepared himself as the giant drew closer. And closer. And at last, as the giant entered striking range, he struck.

Rider brought his sword down hard and fast in a diagonal slash aimed directly for the surface of the giant's shield. The move was foolish, utterly wasteful, and yet he held an air of confidence as his sword came crashing down with blazing speed.

Such confidence was not misplaced.

In an instant the wall supporting Rider lowered, slightly bringing him below the giant, as well as his shield. Rider's attack continued the same as before, except aimed directly for the giant's foot, rather than his shield. If unhindered, the strike would land perfectly on the giant's foot, and Rider would be one step to confirming his suspicions about his enemy's identity.

Five_X
January 22nd, 2012, 04:10 AM
James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Arena

Fuck.

Splashing and sputtering I tumble through the river, the great pterodactyl flopping through the water, effectively dead.

"Saber!" I shout, calling for my Servant to rush down here. She ought to be more wary, but I guess it couldn't be helped. I kicked that thing's ass, just like a real man.

With a wave of my hand the river in front of me freezes entirely, its flow halting. I'm stopped there, and I get a little rest in. I let out a rough sigh, grunt, and get up. There's no point in just sitting there, and I scrape the mud off of my jeans. Damn, I'll have to sew those up later, or something.

I make a few steps towards the shore, and my leg and in fact whole body start acting up. Reminds me of that time I fell off my dad's motorcycle when I was a kid. Shit hurt, almost as much as this. I take that little homecooked meal I made earlier and swallow it down, not really caring too much about chewing or any of that crap. I've just got to survive long enough to find a trigger or my enemy.


-- --


The beast had escaped Saber, taking her Master with it. Of course, she wasn't the type to just stand there.

She ran straight down the cliff, climbing where a mere run wasn't possible, using her javelins as makeshift rock climbing tools. In no time, she splashed down into the river.

"Saber!" She heard her Master's call. He was right there in the river, having frozen it. Saber's lips curled into a wry smile. She'd seen some of the highlights of that aerial battle, and was impressed. Still, her Master a pathetic little figure of sorts, half-limping away from the scene.

She let out a laugh. "Halt! We are not stopping this journey yet, my Master!"

With a grand flourish of her arm, a small galley appearing in the river's still rushing waters, moored by the ice. A cool winds came in and blew its sails, and Saber hauled up her Master onto the deck.



-- --


Is this Saber's Noble Phantasm? No, it can't be, unless it has cannons or something. Still, it'll be useful for traversing and I nod in thanks to her. She goes to the bow, gazing forward to the vast horizon, and unsheathes her sword.

"I swear!" She yells, pointing to the sun in the sky opposite her. "I will conquer all the lands that I can see, in the name of my honour and my country!" Her hair blows about in the gathering winds, and I melt the ice keeping us from moving.

I look out on the horizon for anything up ahead, taking up a position beside Saber around the bow, making sure that we're in sight and reach of each other in case anything happens. I'm mainly interested in what creatures, great dinosaurs, most likely, will await us, or perhaps a trigger, or the enemy herself. It sends a rush of excitement through me that I haven't felt in years.

Beside Saber... this is a true adventure, I guess. I smile, the wind in my face, and the boat bringing Saber and I down along the river.

Our journey has begun anew.

SeiKeo
January 22nd, 2012, 04:18 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning


Rider was fast. Rider was tricky. And what he had just done was in particular fast and tricky. But the enemy was nothing but both those things also. In response to Rider's sudden adjustment, the enemy made a minor adjustment of his foot.

The sword struck, but again, it was repelled as if it was swung by a 14 year old girl. But it didn't bounce back.

It took a split second for Rider to realize how this had happened. The Servant had tilted his foot to the side and slightly upward, letting the blade strike directly towards the front of his foot. And he had caught it between his dusty toes.

Pulling the blade free wasn't a tremendously difficult task for Rider: after all, one's toes can only exert a certain amount of force, Heroic Spirit or not. But the extra, singular moment required for that task was enough.

Again, the enemy swung his shield in front of him like a battering ram. Rider stepped back to try and avoid it, but the capture of his weapon had delayed him. The bronze edge struck him on the shoulder, shoving him off the narrow wall to fall to the sands below.

Shaking his head, Rider focused, blinking into the sun... which was cut off, as the enemy loomed over him, his bulk cutting in front of Helios. "Walls? Walls did not stop us! Because true heroes do not fight from behind walls! True heroes face their enemy on the field of battle! And there, they fall!"

His sword was again sheathed, leaving his hand free. In it was now another spear, which, in a salute to victory, he raised over his head, and threw.

SeiKeo
January 22nd, 2012, 04:38 AM
James Hawthorne
Week 1, Day 1
Arena

Our journey has begun anew.

Carried by the waves and propelled by the canyon winds, your boat flew down the river. In contrast to the hot sun higher up, the bottom was cool, both from the simple depth and from the spray of the river. It felt... more peaceful, than the dangerous landscape overhead.

Quite soon, the river came to a sort of fork. On your left, the canyon continued, but on your right, the river spit into a cavern, leading into the depths of the bedrock. But, not only that... it was clear to you that some powerful presence had been inside there, and was likely still within. It could be a trail to powerful treasure, to a foe truly worth fighting. Or it could be a trail to doom. Whatever it was, you would have to decide fast, as the river cared not for your thoughts.

Five_X
January 22nd, 2012, 04:43 AM
James Hawthorne

The cool spray of river water is on my face, but I don't mind it.

Mostly, because there's a serious choice up ahead. The river splits into two, with one leading into a deep, dark cavern (or so it appears) and the other leads down the canyon some more.

Well, to be honest, I think I'll-

"Fortune favours the bold!" Shouts Saber with a heart laugh, and she steers the ship right into the maw of the cavern, not looking back once.

Oh, God damnit...

Spinach
January 22nd, 2012, 05:03 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

Rider internally scolded himself for his mistake. Rider listened to the speech of the giant looming above him. Rider watched the spear aimed for him close in on him. Rider sighed.

Turning his body, and bringing his feet above the surface of the wall beside him, Rider kicked off, avoiding the incoming spear, and propelling away from the wall that supported his foe. As he did so, Rider dismissed both of the walls that he and the giant were previously standing on, returning his foe to the ground as well.

Turning oncemore, Rider righted himself, and braced for landing. With a loud WHUMP, Rider slammed into the sandy ground, causing countless grains of sand to rise into the air, and promptly return the surrounding earth.

"You say true heroes face their enemies on the battlefield, Servant? I disagree." Rider said, turning to face the giant. "True heroes fight for what's right. Where and when does not matter, only the cause. I fight for my family, and let me show you how well we work together."

"Bayard."

Beside Rider the air itself seemed to freeze. A rift opened in space itself, its borders composed of endless strings of code. From the rift came a large figure, wavering in and out of this world like a mirage, like a ghost.

The large white horse, Bayard, emerged into the world of the Moon Cell.

Rider reached out, and stroked the otherworldy steed gently. "It's been too long, brother. Care to join me for another ride?" He asked, with a smile on his face, as if he was being reunited with one of his actual birth brothers after an eternity of separation.

Bayard returned the question with a soft whinny, and lowered himself to allow his one true rider to mount him.

Rider calmly mounted Bayard, and atop his steed he looked out to his opponent. No longer did his enemy seem so large, no longer did his figure appear so imposing. His spirits soared as he felt the familiar sensation of Bayard beneath him, and his smile grew ever larger, ever warmer.

"Let's go, brother."

Bayard charged, kicking up sand and joining his master in a battlecry. Bayard released a furious whinny, and Rider yelled the name of his castle once more, commanding two more walls to rise to the left and right of the giant, leaving him with no chance to dodge the charge. He could try to retreat backwards, and escape the walls, but with the speed of Bayard's charge it was unlikely he would get far.

Optimus
January 22nd, 2012, 07:09 AM
William Hemoholtz
Day One, Week One
Morning

-"One enemy ahead, Master. I can confirm it's a monster of some sort."

It was exactly what he'd expected. He had a few spare seconds before hitting the water. He knew he didn't know how to swim very well, but there was not another choice left.

"Carbon Alter"

Swarms of data entered his virtual body, redistributing the amounts of the primordial chemical element that made up his body. Taking a bit from there and another bit from here, without compromising the basic structure of his body, claws and teeth made of diamond replaced the old ones.

Before hitting the water, there was something else he needed to do. He had little than a second left, but it was enough. After all... it isn't that hard to be what you truly are.

He and Archer braced themselves as the water cushioned their fall. Archer had summoned already a few arrows and his bow, and scouted the surroundings with his hawk-like eyes, in hopes of finding the monster before he found them. Meanwhile, William was also focused in trying to discern where would the monster attack from.

Verg Avesta
January 22nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
ARENA

“My, my……it seems that we’ve attracted attention”, Caster said softly. She did not seem to be fazed by the situation the least. “Not only that, but our good friend here seems to be sporting something quite unusual.”

As Caster and Ulysses watched the battle rage on, it was clear that Caster was imprinting every second of it in her memory. The movement, the way the two handled their weapons, how they looked while fighting…everything and anything. She looked like a predator of sorts, preying on their being – no, their legends.

Then the tides of the battle turned, and the mystery Servant was forced to retreat. What was left was the badly-damaged Berserker slowly shambling towards them, and his crazy Master. Caster returned Berserker’s stare with a cool one, not even flinching as the mist around them was nullified.


“Master. I want that woman.”

“Really?” Caster asked with a raised eyebrow and sarcastic tone. “You’ll have to get in line then, honey, since it seems like other suitors are on their way too.”

Slowly, as if stretching, Caster extended her right hand, cupped like it was holding something.

“Now, I know you are a Berserker, so that leaves me with an impression that you won’t be leaving. However…”, Caster’s hand was opened. “…even you should be able to realize when your Master is in danger?”

The voice of Caster was cool, and her killing intent was like a needle – Aimed straight at Berserker’s Master.

And then Caster proceeded with what could not be described as anything else but a summoning ritual.

“Guardian of the flooded forest
In your name I shall write this word
Grant upon this man an eternal rest
In a form of a stone-gazing bird.”

Caster’s hands flurried into a circle in the air, before opened again. Something small, fast and shining like a jewel was released from those hands. It shot forward, drawing a trail of kaleidoscope behind it, prismatic light that emerged from the tail-feathers as long as man’s arm. A beautiful bird, as small as a hummingbird but with tail-feathers that rivaled the ones of most beautiful bird, a bird like a gem, flew over the battlefield with a speed that made it no more than a blink.

----- But there was more to it than beauty. This bird……the aura of danger around it was palpable.

“Now, Berserker. Think fast. Remain here…” Caster’s voice was like silk, yet with an edge that could kill. “…Or save your Master?”

Bloble
January 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"...curses."

I let an ungentlemanly word slip past my lips as I am transported to what might as well be the surface of the sun itself. How annoying. I never did handle heat well, although then again, I didn't handle cold that well either. This blazing warmth is stifling, and annoying.

"Saber."

"I hear you, Master." Saber speaks from beside me. He's standing there unaffected by the heat in his heavy armour, while I'm trying my best to not melt into a puddle of goop. Damn historical resilience.

"Take care of these... creatures." I glance at the giant reptiles surrounding us, and then at the big one looking hungrily at me. I can see sharp teeth, aching to rip flesh, and hard scales, capable of blocking strikes from those same teeth. Heh, so it is a predator. "No weapons allowed. And get me out of the way." I don't want to be a part of such a primitive battle.

Beside me, I see Saber grin as the big one's mouth approaches me. He doesn't move until it's close enough for me to smell its breath, probably just to try and scare me.

I don't move, or even flinch. No, I will not be forced to move by such a lowly thing.

Instantly I'm pushed backwards, flying through the air like a human projectile as Saber grabs me by the shirt with one hand and throws me into a nearby bush. I don't even flinch. Hopefully it won't be a painful landing. I don't like having to waste prana on healing myself.

As I'm flying back, I can see Saber preparing to strike. On my orders he hasn't drawn his sword. Instead, he bends his legs slightly, then leaps upward and punches the beast in the mouth with a powerful flying uppercut!

Twelveseal
January 23rd, 2012, 01:27 AM
Leinhart von Einzbern
Week 1, Day 1
Morning


“Heh, that is a nice guess. Although the Crimson Red Vermilion aren’t a crowd I’d be pleased to get associated with.” Hmmm. Not bad, not bad.
"No, we suppose not." It wasn't much in the way of a response, he knew but it was an acknowledgement that he wouldn't pursue further. Clearly, this man didn't want his unusual nature known, whether Leinhart had guessed correctly or not.


“But well, maybe I am a quite rare find. What is this Grail War if not an accumulation of all the oddities and strangeness of the world? The more strange an out of the rules one is, the more advantage he holds. Such is the nature of this war.”
"Hmhmmm," the faint smile on his lips broadened a bit. "Isn't that always the way wars are? Predictability is seldom... interesting." The young man with the scarlet eyes reached for his tea, preparing to drink.
"We wouldn't..."

“Augh! Hot!”
"... recommend that." It seemed he'd been a little slow. His eyes were more than enough to tell him the temperature of the drink. Well, this man seems susceptible to heat, at least. Though it would be rather amusing if it was a peculiarity of tea.

“Anyway! The Einzberns must be more interested than I thought, then, sending two of their agents around. But no matter, I doubt this subject would make for a pleasant breakfast conversation.”
"Hmmm... We've had worse. Discussions with the clan are rarely so... Relaxed." And often involved finding ways to placate this family or that organization that had sprung up since the fall. It was a shame, but even one of the younger generation, such as himself, could tell that the newfound buereaucracy only complicated things. And yet still, they'd made more progress in the past twenty years than in ten times that long before.

“Name is Eifeel Lisk.” The man said as he reclined in his chair.

"Hah... Your name makes us think of the Basilisk. Interesting... We like it. We are Leinhart von Einzbern. A pleasure to make your acquaitance." He took a sip of his hot tea. Certainly, this place was proving to be entertaining. Already, quite a bit different than he'd expected.

Hmm? Ah! Welcome back, my dear. The Assassin had returned, standing just behind and to the right of his seat, still in Spirit form and Concealed.

Mellon
January 23rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Well, the Arena was quite something it seemed. Stepping through the shimmering portal located in the centre of the city had led them... into a tree branch? Quite a respectable one at that it seemed. The giant tree loomed over them and large mosquitoes were gorging themselves in the distance. So the setting created this time was a prehistoric wonderland? Quite authentic it seemed as well. Barring the creature that vanished into code, it would be quite possible to fool people into thinking that this is the real thing.

Anyway...

"Lancer, would you?"

His Servant manifested itself in a swirl of crimson wind. While the Spirit Form was useful while interacting with others in a more urban environment, it would, most likely only be a hamper at the moment. Besides, if the occasion really called for it, then Lancer could easily return his body back into nothing. After all, it was quite likely that they would spot their opponents before being spotted themselves.

"Yeah, brat?"

The brown haired Servant seemed to have put his irritation with Alistair aside for a moment (he sure as hell had enough time to lecture him the entire way here, though) and was calmly standing on the wide tree branch, taking in his surroundings. Seemingly giving a shrug at what he saw, the Servant in red and gold, turned towards Alistair.

"There is nothing worthwhile in the close proximity. I'll have a better view from the top of this tree. Most likely, I will at least be able to map out the area."

With a nod from Alistair, Lancer was off. As if completely ignoring the laws of physics, the man ran easily up the trunk off the massive tree. Looking at him, it seemed like avoiding the dozens of huge branches on the way was nothing but child's play. It was at moments like this, when Alistair truly had to consider Lancer's claims. Perhaps mankind had truly deteriorated over the course of its existence? Few moments after setting off the red blur that was his Servant, had reached the top of the massive tree with seemingly no effort whatsoever.

"Oh well."

While Lancer was scanning the area, Alistair decided to sit down for a second. With his back against the thick trunk and his legs on the wide branch, Alistair gazed at the "Jurassic Park" below him.

hero
January 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Kokonoe Emi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"That's it." A smile of genuine pleasure. "That's the spirit...!"

Kokonoe Emi could no longer be considered a sane person. She had lost her reason years ago, when she had realized what she truly wanted. Upon first sight, she was a rich and aristocratic kind of girl with beautiful features and a grace unrivaled. What laid behind was a different truth: Kokonoe Emi desired to die. If simply putting her life at risk gave her this much satisfaction, she couldn't begin to imagine how it would feel right before her death. However, she couldn't just let herself be hit by an attack and die. It was not in her, and really, it would turn out to be boring.

So she decided to wait for the right opponent, one strong enough to defeat a monster like her. In the meanwhile, she would just risk her life, but not lose it. After all, she was the one to determine if the foe was worthy or not, and this dinosaur lacked in talent.

That's why she did not jump out of the range of the second tail swipe as soon as she could, which was what any reasonable participant with the ability to do so would have done. Instead, she waited until the last possible moment to do so. It was not a perfectly timed move. She was not waiting for the perfect moment to execute her counter-attack. She was just reducing the chances of survival to a 50%. Letting her face be decided by a simple coin toss, that could sum up her actions.

Heads. Her body moved.

The tail was avoided with a glorious movement, her body slipping past the dinosaur's defense and...

Her charge was met with ferocious fangs, eager to devour her with a single bite. Time slowed down, as Kokonoe Emi realized how dangerous the situation was, and her shocked expression became a smirk. Her arm rose once more, musket ready to blow up the insides of the beast. But would she make it in time? Just the thought bathed herself in ecstasy.

Another gunfire.

"...?!"

But this one had not hit the target.

*Thud*

The head fell to the floor.

The blood bathed everyone present.

"P-Please don't make me do that again, My Lady" Assassin, whose face had been stripped of all emotion for just an instant as she slew the creature, now stood there, timid as ever. "I d-don't like it...



...Please don't make me kill anymore..."

Airen
January 23rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Alan Griffin
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

This particular situation would be best described as an extremely unfortunate one.

Stepping out onto the sun drenched hill of the Arena, his eyes alight with a sudden interest in everything around him, from the realistic way in which the grass brushed at his knees, to the massive tree that stood out on the horizon, towering over the smaller trees of the forest with a clearly defined superiority. Yes, these things were all very interesting to Alan, but his attention wasn't allowed to remain on peaceful things for long.

For you see-

"Master, the dinosaur-"

"Yes Archer," Alan's voice remain composed even as he locked eyes with the distant being, a small grin on his face as if he found the situation amusing, "I see it."

His mind whirling through it's usual processes at the usual speed of an alchemist, it became quite clear that, at the moment, he had no way to personally damage the pterodactyl that was eying him as if he was it's next meal, a sound like a screech erupting from it's jaws.

It was a pity, but his current abilities were more suited to take out enemy Masters than giant, resurrected monsters of the past, so he would only be little more than a liability for Archer. Judging from the way she grabbed him around his waist as the monster broke into flight, her legs pumping at a clearly superhuman speed as she sprinted for the forest, made it pretty clear that she had realized this as well. Allowing himself to be carried without complaint, his eyes still scanning the resurrected dinosaur with all the excitement of a researcher, he had to admit that he was slightly disappointed when they reached the cover of the nearby forest, Archer continuing on towards it's center with all the grace of an experienced hunter, apparently seeking to distance her currently useless Master from the rampaging horror behind them.

She set him down next to a tree and-

"Stay here."

Well, that was probably the best course of action, but watching his Servant fade into the darkness of the forest towards the pterodactyl, he once again came to the conclusion that there wasn't much he could do against this beast.

Geez, it made him feel kinda useless, but he'd have to count on Archer for this one.

---

It was still looking for them.

Standing on the thick branches of a tall tree, her finely carved bow slung across her back, and a simple sword in hand, Archer surveyed the creature without any signs of fear, her form difficult to make out not simply because of the forest, but because she was simply used to hiding her presence until the time to strike appeared.

And as the creature began to tear at the trees to get at her Master, she believed that such a moment had decided to show itself.

Leaping from her current position to yet another branch, she pushed off this next tree limb with all of her strength, her body darting towards the dinosaur like a bullet, utilizing this one moment, a moment in which the creature would be distracted, to get up on it's airborne back.

It may have seemed a bit crazy to not immediatly go her bow, but she had always liked to have a bit of excitement with her fights, test her opponent a bit before they reached the end of the conflict.

Ace
January 24th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

You and your servant head off to meet with others of your faction. You couldn't help but glance at others around you. They were enemies but they weren't your current opponent or at the very least you didn't think so. Everything else wasn't important. All you had to think about was the upcoming battle, not be distracted by other thoughts.

It was when you stepped foot into the Rome section that you heard it. It was so faint for a second you wondered if you imagined it. Your trusty servant confirmed he heard it as well. You looked around but it was surprisingly empty. You ignored it and strode forward towards your destination.

Clack.

There it was again. Were you being followed?

Satehi
January 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
William Hemoholtz
Day One, Week One
Morning

Deciding to face what unknown menace that you detected underwater had on, you opt to prepare yourself for whatever it is. Synthesizing the components of your body to form claws and teeth composed of diamond, the wind whistles in your air as you begin your descent into the waters below.

*WHOOSH*

Nary a meter above the surface of the tranquil lake, you brace yourself for the impact, taking one last sight of the clear surroundings, before crashing through it, sending large ripples through its surface and drops of water into the air.

Scanning your underwater surroundings, the top of the lake is clear and dimly light by the penetrating rays of light from above, but they reveal nothing but tiny particles adrift in the vast expanse of blue. Diverting your attention lower into the abyss, your Servant’s sharp eyes manage to discern out several shapes amidst the darkness, an impressive feat given the near total lack of illumination below.

And then, in a single, fluid motion, a large, eel like shape moves forward.

It only continues to accelerate, using a graceful, snakelike motion to propel itself through the water, until it lies literally right under your feet. Then, like a cannonball shot from a cannon, it shoots forward at you, rapidly expanding in size as it accelerates ever closer to you.

As it rapidly accelerates, the dim rays of light from above reveal its true form-an enormous animal, whose body shape could probably best described as something between a sea eel and whale, too elongated to be the latter and simply too massive to be the former. Multiple fins appear to protrude out of its body, the lighting too dark to be able to make out any color. It’s dark, soccer ball sized eyes stare at you straight on, with a look that tells you it thinks of you as nothing else but food and nourishment, harmless prey to eaten. It moves in a fashion nearly identical to that of an eel’s, swinging its mass back and forth. In the front, lies its jaw, a monstrous void capable of swallowing a human whole, surrounded with jagged teeth that could easily rip and tear into the skin of an ordinary human.

And this monstrous predator of ages past was now aiming straight for you--!


Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning



As you walk off to do your own business, Valentine similarly decides to do the same, wandering off to parts unknown.



Arriving in the arena, you open your eyes, to see a plat, nice even meadow before you, its tiny blades of grass swaying with the wind. Within the immediate seeing distance of your current position, the meadow seemed relatively empty, with nothing that you could quit identify as an enemy in sight. It was a picturesque sight, taken out of perhaps a children’s picture book, complete with rolling hills and a nice, cool breeze.

Well, excluding the fact that it was actually several dozen meters below you, separated by a steep craggy cliff, with a rapidly churning river at the bottom. The height was quite the distance; although your servant would likely not be impaired by it, the rough, spiky cliffside seemed to spell doom for any normally unlucky enough to stumble over the edge, a one-way street to the realm of Hades.

Still, you were within a comfortable distance of it, several meters- certainly not in any danger of falling over it, at any rate.

Turning around, you find yourself face to face with an unmistakable, iconic reptile, a Triceratops. It stands quite a distance away, apparently having been startled by your sudden intrusion into its immediate vicinity. Its confusion doesn’t seem like its going to last very long, though- its muscles are tensing up, in preparation to either charge or react to sudden movements.

There are also a couple nearby trees and several rocks that sparsely decorate the landscape, possibly sufficient enough to hide behind or impede any charges by the beast.

RacingeR
January 24th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Lancer moved at breakneck pace, climbing the gargantuan tree with ease. It was truly easy to move in the cortex, almost like it was a stairwell, and soon, you were standing at half the height of the tree, at like 60 meters above the floor. It seemed a good spot to watch, as going higher became harder, thanks to the surface becoming more flat and the small cracks that had supported your ascension were fewer in the area.

You stood in an empty nest, and looked. The first thing you noticed was at an huge distance, a massive volcano like a jagged fang, it’s menacing slopes noticeable easily from your position. Past it, you could see something resembling a... desert? For a moment, you thought you saw a massive creature moving there, but it soon vanished outside the high range of your vision.

The section you could see of the Arena consisted mostly of a part of the immense forest, and the hills beyond, the titanic tree being in one extreme of it. In the green hills, you could see a struggle between a Servant/Master pair, and a pterodactyl. At the other side of the Forest, another pair fought against a pack of raptors. Some more pairs were also in the area around, at least 5 pairs in total counting the two aforementioned ones. However, you did not have that much time to work out their details, because a massive screech called your attention upwards.

In the impossibly tall tree... you could see a brilliant object, at the tallest point of it all, the immense pinnacle of the jungle giant illuminated by its blazing orange light. You understood what it was instantly, almost instinctively.

It was the Trigger. But as if called by your mere stare, a swarm of pterodactyls suddenly appeared as if out of nowhere, the screeching sounds they produced creating a cacophony that menaced with bursting the eardrums of everyone nearby. There were so many of them that counting them was impossible thanks to their constant movement as they started to circle the tree.

To obtain the Trigger... you would need to do battle with these innumerable monstrous creatures.


Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Berserker stopped. The mass of muscle, adrenaline and death stood static, his eyes staring towards Caster.

He had two options: to charge forward and fight this new threat head on, or to take his Master, who had fallen paralyzed under the effect of the jewel-like bird approaching, its deadly effects already befalling the pair with its mere proximity.

Berserker would not be defeated by something like this. However, pushing forward and fighting like this meant to reveal his Noble Phantasm, to use his ultimate trump card so early, without the security of it even managing to turn the tide of the battle to his favor. Furthermore, his Master was unprotected against the spells that would come from this mysterious girl, and would probably die before the Servant could reach her.

And...

Everyone had their own instincts. Masters and Servants alike, and the creatures dreamed upon by the Moon Cell were no exception. And even if it was not something worthy of being reflected in his class skills, it was enough. Enough to tell that this woman was dangerous, even more than other Servants he had seen. He was a monster, more thanks to his Master than by his own merit, but...

Between him and the woman standing in the hill... who was the biggest monster?


That question would not be answered that way. In the fraction of a moment needed to take a decision, he swore to himself that he would survive to finally fight this girl in the future. At that once she was defeated, he would have her, whether she wanted it or not. He would delight into making her squirm.

A brutal twist, and a massive roar of wind was heard as the giant tree that blocked the path behind was smashed into pieces by a powerful attack, the wave of cutting air created by the movement blew away the surrounding greenery with ridiculous strength. The left hand of the warrior sunk into the darkness that surrounded the paralyzed figure of his Master. He did not have much time, as the bird was approaching fast. Berserker grabbed his Master, and with a last roar, ran into the forest, vanishing in the shrubbery, even as a figure appeared in the opposite side of the clearing, screaming something that sounded a lot like “HALT!”

It was a glorious figure that resembled a knight of the olden ages, a true Heroic Spirit worthy of his title, his figure covered alternatively with orange armor and a white tunic combined with red lines. His long, flowing brown-red hair was like the wild mane of a warrior, his holy presence burning with the intensity of the sun. In his hand, he held a holy blade, and in his eyes, pure kindness was alit. He was the very image of a Holy Knight.

Upon seeing the cloud of magic still invading the clearing, he stopped. You saw two figures behind his imposing presence, crawling around in the bushes and making noises that resembled throwing up. It was easy to deduce that the Knight had transported his Masters himself, and that the hasty travel had not been pleasant for them. It was hard to work out the details of their appearance with them being a bit behind them, half hidden by the bushes, but it was clearly one man and one woman.

“My fair lady. I must thank thee for stopping such an useless bloodshed.” The first words the Servant spoke were directed to Caster, and he bowed towards her formally before continuing. “I am afraid I can’t tell thee my name, for my Masters have forbidden me of doing so. However, I shall announce that I am Servant Rider, and I have no intentions of engaging into a fight with thee today.” He paused, as he let the meaning of his word sunk into his listeners, before talking again, this time to Ulysses.

“Pardon me, my kind sir, but I must ask of thee. Art thou the man we must defeat in this twisted tournament, Ulysses?”

It definitely sounded like he had been asking the same question to everyone he met today.


Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

You land in a soft bush. The fall is uncomfortable, and some of the shrubbery manages to intertwine itself with your shirt. Thankfully, no one of the dinosaurs seem to fancy paying attention to you, as their stares are all centered in the action at the center of the clearing.

Saber’s punch was fast, insanely strong, and perfectly timed with the raptor’s mouth snapping at the air were you had been seconds ago. There was a loud, dull sound, like a mace hitting flesh, and a burst of blood and broken teeth traced and arc above, like some kind of gruesome fountain. Being hit with those levels of strength was enough for the raptors body to fly against an oversized tree and crash with a loud thud, before falling to the side, unmoving.

There was a small moment of silence as everyone processed their situation. The raptors had their attention on Saber, ignoring Louis’ existence like he was not even there. A growl was heard... and then three of them charged forward in a foaming fury, their jagged fangs ready for feasting in the flesh of the powerful enemy that had appeared in front of them.

One jumped from the side, its jaws seeking Sabers neck, as one ran from the back to try and carve his left shoulder. Meanwhile, the third one went for a low attack, trying to get the legs. It was not a very coordinated bunch, they attacks coming with different timings and not very well done, but at least they tried, attacking a different part of the body each, so they had some sense of team play.

While Louis stared at it, he noticed a fourth dinosaur moving to face their challenger, and its muscular legs... had traced a route directly towards you, not noticing your presence hidden in the bushes. Those legs had the potential to crush you, and he was moving at such a speed that you only had fractions of a second to dodge...


Alan Griffin [Airen]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

The pterodactyl crept as fast as an oversized bird way too giant for his own good could creep, its huge beak tearing apart gigantic trees like they were paper, trying to reach Alan. Hiding in the forest was as useful as running away in the open, as the monster had no problems just tearing the obstacles with absurd ease.

At that moment, you ran towards it from your hiding position, jumping from branch to branch at such a speed that for normal human eyes, you may as well be invisible. Like a bullet, you leap forward, towards the huge animal, sword in hand. Its airborne back approaches at insane speed...

You manage it... no, you are about to manage it, having impacted against his back, but the beast moves unexpectedly, shifting its weight around at sensing your movements in its back, and you find yourself slipping down while being unable to get a good grip.

His wings move, and you notice he is about to take to the air before you finish falling off from him. Such a movement would probably mean that you would be launched high into the air, with all the consequences that it implied. You needed to do something, and fast, as the situation had quickly turned dangerous. Afar, you could see an huge amount of pterodactyls circling the titanic tree you saw before, but that was only an afterthought in your mind, given your current circumstances.


Leinhart von Einzbern [Twelveseal]
Week 1, Day 1
Morning


"Isn't that always the way wars are? Predictability is seldom... interesting."
“Hehe, that is right. But it is not something that a lot of people here can comprehend. Half of those that have entered the War are unfit to even get past the first round, and the other half is a bunch of scary monsters out of this world. Half of those fools are fucked, the other half will be the ones doing the fucking. It is pretty interesting, alright.” His tone had changed to sarcasm, as he calmly smiled, drinking his hot tea with the pleasantness of someone that had huge amounts of time off to spend in this breakfast.

“But I would be careful of the pair of guys that manage to pull this off and continue forward out of pure willpower. There is always one or two of these, and they tend to be a pain in the ass to deal with.” His tone made it hard to know if he was joking or if he was being serious. “Underdogs are always scary.”


"Hah... Your name makes us think of the Basilisk. Interesting... We like it. We are Leinhart von Einzbern. A pleasure to make your acquaitance."

“The Basilisk?” Eifeel seemed to meditate on that for a second, before laughing out loud with sincere mirth. It seemed like he had found something really funny in that statement. “Heh, I guess it fits with me, yeah. Maybe I was thinking of that when I made that name up so long ago. Anyway, nice to meet you, Leinhart.”

“Oh, a question, out of curiosity. Who are you fighting against?” The redhead’s piercing eyes fell upon you with sincere interest. He did seem bored out of his mind, after all.

Bloble
January 24th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Tch, there goes my shirt.

I slam into a soft bush, and sustain no damage that is relevant to my interests. I suppose Saber could have found a softer place to throw me, but I'll forgive him this once.

I turn to look at how my Servant is doing.

Saber's attack instantly pulps the pathetic reptile that dared to attack us. Good. I expected nothing less from the Heroic Spirit I summoned. Now then, he'll be able to take the rest of them on his own easily enough-

"Another one?" As I look up I see another gigantic dinosaur rushing towards me, or more accurately, rushing past me and towards Saber. I instantly forget about him. He can take care of himself. Instead, this creature has managed to catch my attention. It will soon regret doing that.

"Tch, annoying." The beast is moving in my direction. Within scant moments it will be upon me. I have to dodge-

"I won't move for something like that!" I raise my hand, and gather my concentration. I refuse to move. I do not move for the world, the world moves for me. I orbit around no star, for I am the center of the solar system! I'd rather die than lose my pride against an idiotic, small brained fossil.

"Je vous noyer."

Water materializes around me as I stand up. I stare at the approaching dinosaur, and raise a single hand, pointing it in the beast's direction.

"Go."

The swirling torrent of water around me shoots at the dinosaur, not as a wave but instead as a tightly grouped cluster of two dozen bullets. Yes. This should be more than enough to take it down.

I look away from the soon to be dead dinosaur and back to Saber, uncaring of whether or not my attack worked. Let's see how he'll get out of this one.

"Haha! It's been a while!" He crows happily. "When's the last time I got to kill some good old fashioned monsters?"

He leaps, not straight up but sideways into the nearest dinosaur. Instead of punching, this time he aims to grab onto the beast, get on its back and tame it, taking the thing as a steed. I do have to commend him for that kind of thinking, even if he isn't a Rider. Though I suppose being violent enough could work, and if all else fails he'll probably just kill the thing.

"Hm. Don't take too long." I say as I watch Saber struggle.

"You might have to give me some time!" Saber grins. "Riding was never my strong point!"

"...then why the hell would you try something like this?"

"For the fun of it, Master! Sure it never worked the last 400 times, but who knows, I might get lucky!"

...god dammit.

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

Bayard charged, kicking up sand and joining his master in a battlecry. Bayard released a furious whinny, and Rider yelled the name of his castle once more, commanding two more walls to rise to the left and right of the giant, leaving him with no chance to dodge the charge. He could try to retreat backwards, and escape the walls, but with the speed of Bayard's charge it was unlikely he would get far.

The enemy stood against you, seemingly calculating his options. Hemmed in by walls on the side, dodging was impossible. Despite his great speed, he could not flee from a mounted warrior. Bracing his foot against the sand, he crouched in the massive bowl of his shield, presenting a massive featureless disk of bronze.

The massive lungs of Bayard were a sharp contrast to his icy silence. Accepting of his fate? Not seeing his eyes, Rider could not tell his mind. But it seemed unlikely that he was going to let Rider assault him unchallenged.

Bayard approached, legs stretching to smash him to the ground. Kicking out, they struck the rim of his shield.

He let it happen. The powerful hooves made contact with the top rim, knocking him backwards on his back, throwing his shield and arm over his head. In that instant, he countered.

His right arm swept, flicking the blade upwards from where he lay. In such a position, he could not strike true, but he struck hard enough. Iron met the bone of Rider's leg, sweeping through it unprotected and leaving a massive gash upon Rider's shin.

But Bayard kept going. His mighty rear legs stomped down, straight to the enemy's chest.

As Rider finished the charge, he turned to look, squinting through the haze of red pain. The enemy lay as he had attacked, on the ground. It was clear where Rider had struck him: much of his chest was a red pulp, standing testament to the strength of Rider's great mount.

He moved.

How?

How, with that injury, could he move? It should be impossible.

Yet he did. Gathering his strength, he hauled himself up, turning to you.

His chest was already mending. Tanned skin knitted back together under the remains of a mangled breastplate, undoing the wound you had inflicted upon him.

"Brotherhood? It grants you strength. But the strength to overcome me? I can continue combat until the end of time. You shall only last for as long as your precious horse sees fit to aid you."

Spinach
January 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

Ignoring the pain coming from his leg, Rider beheld the sight before him. Though the wound was certainly serious, it was ultimately not something that he could not recover from, and atop Bayard it would hardly hinder him in battle. He knew that far more important than his wound was the giant enemy he faced, rising from the sand with nary a scratch. Nobody, nothing has ever withstood a charge from Bayard, and yet... There he was. Aside from the destruction wrought upon his armor, the giant stood undaunted, unharmed.


"Brotherhood? It grants you strength. But the strength to overcome me? I can continue combat until the end of time. You shall only last for as long as your precious horse sees fit to aid you."

Rider sneered at the giant's words, at his ignorance. "Precious horse? So long as he sees fit to aid me? Do you take our bond to be so fickle?" Rider paused, letting out another snort, and was joined by Bayard, who whinnied in agreement. "The brotherhood I spoke of is not mere camaraderie. We are as brothers, and though in the past we have been forced to part, in this fabricated reality only death can separate us."

As soon as those final words left Rider's lips, the two walls at the giant's sides dispersed. As they faded, two more rose between Rider and the giant Servant, blocking his sight, and his path. Without a word, Bayard, understanding the intentions of his rider, turned to search for his next target.

Words were unneeded for Bayard and Rider, such was their bond. The duo had been through much together, and Bayard knew Rider's plan as soon as the two walls rose up to bar the path of the giant. The enemy had survived a direct charge from Bayard, something neither of the two thought was possible. And not only did the giant survive, but he was completely unharmed by the attack. Any further attempts to battle the Servant would yield poor results. Though Rider suspected that his foe had a weak spot, and he even had a reasonable assumption that said weak spot was the giant's heel, he ultimately knew that defeating the giant would require far more effort than needed.

Because victory could be achieved simply by ending the life of the giant's Master.

Bayard's eyes locked onto the form of the purple clad Master, and just as soon as he spotted Sabin, he charged, galloping at full speed. Bayard flew over the beach, kicking up a storm of sand. His furious stomps rung out with all of the force and fury of the powerful steed as he drew closer and closer to Sabin.

Rider raised his sword-arm, readying his sword for a sweeping strike aimed at Sabin's neck. As he did so, the wall between Aaron and Sabin pushed forward, drawing closer to Sabin. If unimpeded, Rider and Bayard would pass by Sabin, with Sabin pinned between the two and the wall that shielded Aaron, and they would end him with a swift strike to the neck.

Blackdeath6031
January 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Ensuring that Rider remained invisible, I slowly lowered bent my knees and bent my elbows into right angles, ensuring not to provoke it further.

Then, reaching that position, I grew ready for it.

"Onna bushi."
I addressed my servant.

"Don't interfere unless I say so. Not this time, at least."

The cliff was behind me.
And before me a triceratops.

Talk about being 'in between a rock and a hard place.'
...No, in this case it's 'a cliff and some spikes', huh?

But depending on the speed of the beast's charge and reaction, it might prove to not be as hard as I anticipate.

Nonetheless, keep an eye on the beast, and the features behind it...

Optimus
January 25th, 2012, 12:03 PM
William Hemholtz
Day One, Week One
Morning

Before William even had the time to feel fear about the higher predator that targeted them, a barrage of seven arrows had been already fired at a speed that could be said to even surpass what modern weaponry could achieve in terms of efficiency, targeting the eyes, mouth, and nose cavities of the monster below them.

That's right. Arrows, thought William. William's Servant posessed only a bow and an arrow as his weapons. One would think that a bowman was the sort of opponent that would have to rely on tactics and time, due to the peculiar technique of archery. One needs to achieve calmness of mind, wait until he is sure that the arrow will strike the target, and then shoot. An outsider would have thought it was mere luck.

However, the face of William's Servant was one of aboslute concentration. To put it simply, his mastery of the principles of archery, along with his superhuman speed and reflexes allowed him to follow the proper proceedings of archery in less than a second, while his strength did the rest. Whoever this man was, he was no ordinary bowman.

Before William could move, an arm caught him by the wrist and pulled him outside of the range of the prehistoric nightmare's attack.

None of them spoke, due to the fact that they were still underwater, but William could see clearly the confident smile in his Servant's face and what it meant. He knew the monster would not go down without a fight, and that he and his Master were in a natural disadvantage due to being in the opponent's element. And even so, he was still confident about his and his Master's chance of winning.

William, despite not being in his natural element, still had a trump card in case he began to run out of oxygen, so at least for a while, they would not need to worry about its lack.

And Archer... if he had not been underwater, one would have been able to hear clearly: "Bring it on, sissy."

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning


It was an impossible situation. The enemy had been isolated from each other, unable to assist. And you had decided to pick off the weak point - the Master.

Your plan was obvious to him as soon as you turned, and he realized exactly how much trouble he was in. A Master, standing up to the full force of a Noble Phantasm? Impossible. It would take... it would take a miracle.

Sabin's hand burnt red, as part of an arcane sigil disappeared. From the large ship sailing into the sunset, the sail vanished, leaving a row of oars and the body of the ship itself. It was a blow to his ego, being forced to use a seal this early. But, survival came first. He issued his command.

A seal, granting the power to utterly violate the laws of reality: in this case, distance. Space twitched and ripped itself into a new formation for an instant, allowing the Servant to appear in front of his Master.

As he did so, the burnished bronze of the shield flickered away like burning paper, revealing the true form beneath it.

The Earth, sky and sea, the sun, the moon and the constellations. A city of law, and a city under siege.. A field being ploughed for the third time. A king's estate where the harvest is being reaped. A vineyard with grape pickers. A "herd of straight-horned cattle"; the lead bull has been attacked by a pair of savage lions which the herdsmen and their dogs are trying to beat off. A picture of a sheep farm. A dancing-floor where young men and women are dancing. The great stream of Ocean.

You knew that shield, and it in told you what you were to face. Many a brave soul did it send hurrying down to Hades, and many a hero did it yield a prey to dogs and vultures. The Wrath of Achilles.

Powered by duty, rage, and magic, Achilles gathered himself behind his shield once again, and with a mighty roar, he met Rider's charge.

Silver shield met white horse, instantly creating a shockwave with enough power to blast down the remaining wall. Prana overflow radiated from both their bodies, creating a wind of light, isolating them. These Servants were untouchable by mortal men - the battle was theirs alone.

Bayard's hooves dug deep into the sand, shoving against Achilles. But this was his element. An enemy, pushing against him with all its might, and him pushing back: this was the essence of hoplite combat. He had trained for it his entire life.

His rear foot slipped, the ground below him yielding to his massive strength. He slipped back a few feet, but he managed to stand fast. This was what he was meant for. Both of them, with a massive burst, made their last effort.

---

Bayard and Rider lay in the sands, losers of the struggle. So close... Achilles had been brought to within an inch of being overwhelmed. But he had used every last trick he had, and it was enough. Exhausted, they looked upon the enemy.

He was as stony of ever, but now, he shone with power, projecting an aura of overwhelming force and ability. A true hero, with a name passed down through the ages.

"Let's go get the Trigger." With a look at your defeated Servant, Sabin walked away, Achilles following him.





Achilles
Servant Berserker
STR - A++
AGI - A+
CON - A++
MGI - A
LCK – A
NP – A

Skills:

Mad Enhancement - B

Charisma - B

Noble Phantasms:

World's Aegis - A+

???

Optimus
January 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
ARENA

As Caster and Ulysses watched the events unfold, Caster giggled a little when she saw Berserker finally retreat. Seeing that giant was gone, she called down the jewel-bird from the sky, and it returned to her hand, resting its wings and falling asleep almost immediately.

------- But the disappearance of the Berserker brought forth a new Servant, one that seemed to be trying to catch the giant, but was too late.

As the knight turned to them in all of his brilliance, Caster let out a low whistle. The armor, the sword and the aura around him were very impressive. Even Caster arched an eyebrow seeing this Servant before them. Not only that, but if Caster’s scanning had been right, it was clear that this Servant was to be their opponent, as he was accompanied by two Masters.

And then the knight looked at them, and spoke.


“My fair lady. I must thank thee for stopping such an useless bloodshed. I am afraid I can’t tell thee my name, for my Masters have forbidden me of doing so. However, I shall announce that I am Servant Rider, and I have no intentions of engaging into a fight with thee today.”

And then he turned to Ulysses, the boy meeting the powerful eyes of the Servant with an emotionless stare.


“Pardon me, my kind sir, but I must ask of thee. Art thou the man we must defeat in this twisted tournament, Ulysses?”

“…”

As usual, Ulysses silence was almost like he had spoken. Seeing that once again, her Master was unable to answer, Caster giggled and made a peaceful gesture with her graceful hand.

“Sorry about that, but you see, my Master has a bit of a problem when it comes to communicating. Getting small-talk out of him would be as hard as escaping jaws of Ammit. But I think I can communicate for both of us in his stead, sir”, Caster answered with a relaxed tone.

Suddenly, there was a glint in Caster’s eyes.

“And although you are refrained from naming yourself……I think I can pretty much guess. No, not even guess. Let’s see now…”

Caster’s analytical eyes flew over Rider’s body, analyzing every detail in him and his equipment. It was like thousand thoughts had been going on in her mind at once, becoming something like a supercomputer that was trying to come to a logical conclusion.

And then she snapped her fingers.

“Yeah, that’s it. I know you. That mantle and the armor were pretty famous, and I’ll put my head to the stake if that sword’s not Ascalon. And that whole “holy” feel you got around you…” Caster mumbled.

Then her eyes flared up.

“Your legend…….I know it. Saint George.”

Caster proceeded to flip her hair as if to sign that her job had ended.

“Now tell me. What does a famous dragonslayer want with us, if not a fight? Surely you’re not trying to find a peaceful solution in a ridiculous massacre as this war is”, Caster asked in light-hearted tone. “Not that I would mind it, you know? I like guys like you, and after the encounter with that brute, I wouldn’t mind trying something different.”

Caster placed her finger to her lips, clearly thinking.

“You’ve got that nice horse, don’t you? Bayard, if I remember correctly. How about something like a race to the trigger? I’ve got my own steed, after all.”

“…”

Ulysses looked over at Caster, once again with his face being devoid of expressions.

Satehi
January 25th, 2012, 04:36 PM
William Hemholtz
Day One, Week One
Morning

Left eye. Right nostril cavity. Tongue. Right eye. Inner jaw. Left nostril. Another one into the gullet of the beast.

Those are the seven locations that your arrows race towards, surpassing the speed of sound and become missiles that aim to rip their targets into ribbons of flesh! Your aim is perfect, and should it manage to connect, it would surely be quite a devastating blow against the beast.

But-

*WHOOSH*

-the beast takes notice of your arrows, and swerves to the right to avoid it, churning the water around with its rapid movements. It moves with great agility, for a beast of its size-from what you can see of it, its size easily dwarfs that of a truck.

The arrow that was aimed at its left eye just barely scrapes the body of the beast, leaving only a tiny gash alongside its length as it falls into the abyss of the lake, leaving bubbles in its wake.

Another arrow strikes true into the head of the monster, but having missed its original mark-the right nostril, it strikes into hard flesh, digging itself firmly into its front and leaving a spew of blood polluting the river.

A third arrow zip’s into its open jaws, ripping open the softer inner flesh.

The fourth arrow fares similarly to the arrow aimed at the right nostril, missing it’s mark by a scant few centimeters and burying itself into the front of the monster.

One of the other arrows joins the one lodged into the mouth of the monster.

The sixth arrow launched in your volley cuts deeply into the left flank of the sea monster, but slides of to the depths of the lake- the angle of penetration is too low.

The seventh and final arrow hits its mark, disappearing down into the gullet of the creature.

The creature rises up further, writhing around a bit as pain wrecks it’s body, and continues on its path towards the surface. Its eyes display nothing but pain and anger, at having such tiny, measly existences wound it so much. Your Servant swims away, his powerful legs propelling the two of your through the water and out of danger. As the creature- which, with the light better illuminating it as this height, you can identify as the Basilosaurus, ascends past you, you can feel the flow of water being disturbed by its wake, sending you further away from it.

Its momentum carrying it higher, you see the tail of the beast, an enormous flipper, swerve around. The Basilosaurus is enraged by your latest attack, and whether it could hear your taunt or not, it curves its body, aiming to flick the two of you with its tail, smashing the two of you on its enormous flipper while it turns around in the water, aiming to make a second lunge at both of you when it completes the motion.

Spinach
January 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

Aaron watched the final clash between the giant, who he now identified as Achilles, and Rider. The power backing the two combatants was so vast that the wall defending Aaron had already crumbled beneath their might. Aaron shielded his eyes from the light shining off of the form of Achilles, trying desperately to avoid getting sand in his eyes while watching the confrontation. Aaron's hopes soared when he saw the form of Achilles slipping back, slowly losing ground, and he prepared to yell out a cheer for his Servant, when a sudden flash came from the final burst of energy from the encounter, momentarily blinding him.


"Let's go get the Trigger." With a look at your defeated Servant, Sabin walked away, Achilles following him.

As his vision returned Aaron saw the final result of the battle. Rider and Bayard had been beaten in the contest of pure power, yet neither seemed severely wounded. Aaron looked up, and watched Sabin and his Servant getting smaller and smaller as they made their way toward the volcano. Scowling, Aaron turned away from the sight of his foes, and made his way to Rider's side, to confirm that his Servant was as unwounded as he appeared.

As Aaron got closer to his Servant, who for some reason was still laying face-up in the sand, Bayard rose, and made his way to Rider as well. Bayard loomed over Rider, his head hovering directly over the Servant, and casting his large shadow directly over him. Aaron paused as he watched Bayard lower himself even more, lightly nuzzling against Rider's face, pushing back his hair in a playful manner. In response, Rider lifted a hand up and pat his friend gently, and laughed wholeheartedly.

"To think we could push back the mighty Achilles, for even an instant!" Rider cheerfully exclaimed through joyous laughter. Bayard reared back and whinnied triumphantly, and if one hadn't seen his defeat earlier, they would think that the victor had been him, and not the mighty giant. With his sight no longer blocked by Bayard, Rider looked up and saw Aaron beside him, and gave him a confident smile. "What did you think of that, Aaron?" He asked, rising to his feet, and shaking the sand from his hair.

"It was impressive, more than I ever expected from a fight between Servants." Answered Aaron, incapable of suppressing a grin of his own in the presence of the cheery duo. He turned to check his surroundings, looking over the Hrungnir cubes that he had placed during the conflict, yet never made use of. "I wish I could have helped and seen more of Sabin's abilities, but after you discovered both his Servant's identity and forcing him to use a Command Seal without my help... I can't complain. Good work, partner."

"Hm. That Sabin is a tough one, Aaron. I doubt many Masters could stand up to that attack of his." Rider said, placing a hand on Aaron's shoulder. Aaron found it strange that the Servant was trying to console him even though he wasn't upset, but before he could voice his thoughts Bayard nuzzled him right in the cheek. "See? Even Bayard says you shouldn't linger on it!"

"Right." Aaron answered, putting a little room between himself and Bayard so that he could speak, and stroking the large horse's neck. "And what about you, partner? Still up for exploring the Arena?"

"Of course. We may have lost that final clash, but aside from some light cuts, bruises, and a pesky wound on my leg I'm in pristine condition. I just might walk a little slow until I'm fully healed, but should we find ourselves in another battle, I'll be able to fight well enough." Confidently answered Rider, looking out at the volcano in the distance. "I advise we choose a different place to explore. Even if we came out fine this time, we shouldn't make light of Sabin and his Servant."

"Right." Agreed Aaron. "I say we save the lake for last. We'll explore the forest for now, and then the volcano tomorrow."

"That settles that, then." Said Rider, turning to face Bayard, who returned the gesture. Rider nodded at Bayard, and the horse blinked back silently in response. Giving both Rider and Aaron one last soft whinny, the great horse stepped forward, opening the same rift that he had emerged from, and disappeared.

Aaron noticed that as Bayard disappeared that Rider's smile seemed to slip. Aaron moved to Rider's side, and gave him a light tap on the shoulder with his knuckles. "We'll see him again soon, partner."

"I know." Answered Rider, turning back to Aaron and giving him another smile. A bright flash of light surrounded Rider's form, and when it faded he was once more armored, and through his helmet a muffled voice full of determination said, "Well then, let's get going."

"Right."

With that, the two made their way toward the forest, moving slowly at first to account for Rider's wound, but eventually picking up their pace as he healed.

Satehi
January 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Upon seeing your awkward position, the triceratops seems to relax for a bit, slackening its posture. It almost seems like the danger has disappeared…

Your conversation with your Servant seems to draw its ire once more, though. It looks up again, and then slowly lifts one of its feet off the ground.

A breeze blows through the field, and as it ends-

-an incredibly loud noise rings out as the dinosaur roars and stomps it’s upraised foot down, charging straight at you. It barrels through the field like a runaway train, sending dirt, dust and rocks flying up in its wake, intending to smash right into you using it's superior bulk and send you careening over the cliff!

Fangstrike
January 25th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Clack.

There it was again. Were you being followed?

Virgil didn't bother vocalizing his thoughts. He and Saber were both battle hardened warriors. If Virgil was able to pick up on the stalker's presence there was no way someone of Saber's caliber with his superior senses could have missed it. In fact, Saber had discreetly made his Master aware of the presence following them already. The only question was what they should do about this stalker.

Without breaking his steady pace, Virgil reached up to touch his collar, stroking it with his thumb. That small, subtle gesture was all Saber needed to know what his Master wanted.

In the next instant, the astralized Servant carefully and stealthily departed from his Master, so he could flank the enemy. Virgil gave his Servant a minute to get into position. Unfortunately, they didn't have a way of silently communicating; it would've increased the success of their plan. After he came to a stop, Virgil turned to face the general direction of his stalker.

"Come on out. I know you're there."

At Virgil's declaration, Saber materialized some distance behind the stalker's vague location. Hide and seek was over.

Optimus
January 25th, 2012, 07:48 PM
William Hemholtz
Day One, Week One
Morning

Regaining control of himself, William moved to the side as fast as possible while Archer launched a pair of arrows towards the beast in an attempt to dull its movements through pain before grabbing William once again and pushing them off the range of the beast's attack.

However, this time Archer did not attack as soon as he had the chance to, but decided it was best to prepare himself for the beast's next movement. A handful of a arrows materialized in his hand, granting him more supplies of projectiles to throw at the minimal given chance.

Ace
January 25th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Come on out. I know you're there."

Your stalker laughed nervously as she stepped into view. She was quite a bit shorter than you and had long brown hair tied into a ponytail. She couldn't be any older than sixteen. "Y-you caught me," she said. "Um... sorry! I didn't mean to follow you but... um," she blushed and averted her gaze. "I got lost." Her face grew as red as a tomato as she mumbled those last words.

"S-so anyway! Could you please give me some directions?" she bowed as a sign of respect but mostly to hide the blush on her face.

Blackdeath6031
January 26th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

While it was nice that it had lightened it's pressure earlier, Seishirou still expected the dinosaur to take the aggressive approach.

In spite of that, Seishirou wasn't confident if he could truly pull it off.

Nonetheless, he had to, lest his prompt demise would be met before he accomplished anything in this royale.

Jumping up, he made use of the beast's front horn as a step, using quick footwork to bring both feet onto both side horns.

Then placing his left feet on the back of its frill, he pushed off, making his way midair to the back of the beast.

"Ah.."

But not everything happened as plan. His right foot was lax, and tripped on the very same fan-like portion of the head he kicked off from, forcing Seishirou to lose balance.

Falling onto the back of the moving beast, the boy decided to risk it and placed as much weight and force onto his left foot, and slammed down on the back then pushing off, curling up before landing on the ground rolling.

But he could not relax here. After all, it was not impossible that the beast wouldn't fall off the cliff.

Rolling himself back up onto his feet, the boy span round and watched the beast cautiously.

At least now, he was free to make use of the obstacles around.

"Some 'acrobat' you are, Lee."

"Oh, shut up." He snapped back at his servant.

Mellon
January 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Well, there is nothing that particularly noteworthy about our surroundings. Just a few pairs in the distance, but not close enough to be of any importance. However, I think there is something else you should see..."

Hearing his Servants voice over the spiritual link they shared, Alistair let out a slight sigh of disappointment. He had been hoping to enjoy the scenery before him a bit more, but it seemed that duty was calling once more. The constant "immediateness" of this war was starting to grate on him. He had never been one to madly rush into things, and to be forced to do so was... slightly irritating.

Getting up from his sitting position, Alistair looked over the tree looming over them for a brief second, before deciding on a climbing route and setting off. In comparison to Lancer, his way to the top was much more slow and cumbersome, taking minutes to achieve that which Lancer seemed to achieve with no effort whatsoever. After climbing past an extremely tedious section of consecutive branches (at least for him), he finally reached the area where Lancer had stopped.

"Your stamina is pathetic, your strength nonexistent and your form is a complete abomination. I see we are going to have a lot of work on our hands, boy."

Alistair did not bother to form any sort of meaningful reply, preferring instead to wave the question away and pull out a handkerchief, which he quickly used to wipe the sweat of his brow.

"Yes, yes. Now why did you want me to come here, Lancer?"

"Look up, brat."

Following his Servants guideline, Alistair looked upwards, towards the treetop. It was distant, but at this range, he could clearly make out an orange glow, surrounding some sort of object. A Trigger, no doubt. And surrounding the trigger, was a massive swarm of particularly vicious pterodactyls, all seemingly hell-bent on defending the trigger.

"Aah. NPC mobs manifested by the Moon Cell. Most likely to "defend" the Trigger, considering the circuimstances. Not enough to kill a Servant of course, but enough to still pose a considerable threat to Masters. I should be able to do something about this...."

With a swipe of his right hand, an azure screen, along with a matching, crystal blue keyboard, popped into existence in front of Alistair. A contradictory glimpse of the almost incomprehensible technology behind this prehistoric vista. Alistair's fingers raced across the keyboard with maddening speed, as strings of code seemed to just melt off the screen and cross into the so called "reality" around them.

"Accessing subroutine programming.... modifying behavioural programming of non-player constructs near Arena #75 at point 235/584.... there, all done."

The terminal seemingly popped out of existence, vanishing as mysteriously as it had first appeared, leaving no trace that it had ever been there in the first place. Turning back towards Lancer, Alistair gave him an encouraging smile, before settling down once more.

"The "pterodactyls" around the tree should consider you a friendly now. I added us both to the Moon Cell registry, so all NPCs and Programmes around this area shouldn't consider us as threats anymore, no matter the circuimstances."

"You can go get the Trigger now, right Lancer?"

"....Fine."

And Lancer headed off, towards the top of the tree, now seemingly completely ignored by the flying beasts surrounding the area.


"....all this "technology mumbo-jumbo"... inflating his self-esteem too much. Tomorrow I will tie his hands behind his back and then we will see how much his "vaunted skill" will help him. I he would even put half as much effort into training we wou...."

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

And so they both continued on their search for a trigger.

You made your way to the volcano that you had spotted poking above the canopy. Plunging into the forest for the last time, now you had a clear sense of direction and purpose. No longer a blind stumble, you strode through and out of the woods, emerging on the slopes of the mountain.

Dead, black ash covered the slope before you, the exhalations of a long-gasping volcano. Unlike in the rich forest, none of the great dinosaurs roamed the slopes here. Possibly from lack of food or water, or maybe from the blades of obsidian hidden under the dark soil. Whatever their reasons, they did not bother you now. You marched up the slope, looking for the trigger.

Where the hell was the trigger? There wasn't much in the way of areas for it to hide, but you hadn't seen it. And near the top of the volcano, there wasn't much space left for it to be...

Oh. As you passed a few rocks, you noticed a green flare behind them. Who would have thought it was in such a obvious place?

However, you doubted that it was a normal trigger. At a guess, silver words at the base of the folder weren't part of the normal setup.

"Dear enemy,

Color me rather impressed. That little howling trap should have been a serious obstacle, but you managed through it well. I look forward to meeting you.

-Sethir"

​As you reached the end of the note, the words dissolved into a column of stardust, bathing you in light before disappearing.

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (arena)

The beast trashed as the army of ghosts flooded into its body, driving it mad with rage. A roar was accompanied by a great spasm, twisting its entire body over the sand. The sudden, violent movement sent your Servant flying, ripping his sword from its hide.

Then, with another trash, its weakened body smashed upon the ground, throwing into the air a massive cloud of dust that obscured even its bulk. Your Servant would likely be able to see through it, but for you, it wasn't so easy. In that space when it was recovering from its exertion, you had an opportunity.

Snax
January 27th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

Ellestia's eyes gleamed. She had a general idea of what and where the worm was doing, but she wasn't really sure. So she pulled out her pocket handgun.

"Saber, come over here."

Saber, who was unhurt after falling on the soft sand, lumbered up.

"Master, what are you planning on doing with that little gun?"

"Shooting you and myself?"

"....??"

Without warning, Ellestia first shot at her servant. It was a zero-distance shot, and even a Servant would not be able to deflect such a shot. However, it wasn't a shot meant to kill, it was a shot meant for buffing. Saber was surprised, but he wasn't hurt at all - and then he watched his master point the gun at herself.

In quick succession, Ellestia cocked the gun and shot herself in the forehead. Instantly, the bullets dissolved, working their magic - now they had a heightened sense of connection, sharing a few senses and improving mana flow. Due to that, Laiania suddenly her senses grow slightly keener, and she could see better through the sand clouds - and know where the wormlike beast was.

"Compress....disperse!"

With a final yell, the big swirling cloud of sand suddenly compressed itself into five gigantic sandstone stakes. Each of them were as thick as a steel pole that held up buildings, and quite dangerous looking. Ellestia released her hold on the sandstone stakes, letting them fall free - right through the cloud of sand, into the body of the beast.

-Splat-

Two of the stakes dug into the wounds made by Saber, and with a squelching noise, pierced all the way through the beast - causing it to writhe in more pain. Three stakes missed their mark, only to stick halfway through the beast - yet still causing much anguish.

"Not done yet."

Ellestia again took hold over the sandstone stakes, forcing them to create barbed spikes from within the body of the beast. Now they would not fall out of the body without taking a large chunk of flesh along with them - much like how barbed arrows used to harm people in old wars of the past. The beast would not be able to move freely without harming itself lethally.

"Now, Saber. Finish it."

"Gladly."

Charging up his energy, which was bolstered with the heightened connection with his Master, Saber activated his Noble Phantasm again.

"Gates of Hell, open and become my blade!"

The demonic greatsword screeched, spewing out malicious souls. The souls gathered in front of the large blade, building up - until it looked as if a gigantic black blade full of evil energy was piercing the heavens.

"This is the finishing blow."

The gigantic blade fell upon the beast. Upon contact, a great explosion took place, rocking the sandy dunes and creating more dust clouds.

Fangstrike
January 27th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Your stalker laughed nervously as she stepped into view. She was quite a bit shorter than you and had long brown hair tied into a ponytail. She couldn't be any older than sixteen. "Y-you caught me," she said. "Um... sorry! I didn't mean to follow you but... um," she blushed and averted her gaze. "I got lost." Her face grew as red as a tomato as she mumbled those last words.

"S-so anyway! Could you please give me some directions?" she bowed as a sign of respect but mostly to hide the blush on her face.

Now, Virgil was a killer; the problem was he wasn't an indiscriminate killer. He was one of the many swords of the Church; not some psychopathic serial killer. If only he could write this girl off as an immediate threat; it'd be so much easier for him to turn his Servant against her, but Virgil wasn't sure if the ditzy persona was real or just an act.

"Before we get to that, who are you, a Master? Where's your Servant?" Virgil asked. His tone was firm. A third-party observer might call him interrogative, but Virgil didn't care for polite formalities. This girl was a stranger, who had been following him, with unclear intentions, making her a possible threat. For all he knew, she was his next opponent. There was no way he'd let his guard down around her.

I3uster
January 27th, 2012, 01:01 PM
​As you reached the end of the note, the words dissolved into a column of stardust, bathing you in light before disappearing.

"He wants to play a game, huh? It won't get boring that way at least." Amused Andrei turned his head to face Saber. "Okay, this folder might be trapped, but no guts no glory, right? Ready yourself."

"Another bold move by my Master. I hope your virtues may influence this despicable individual to fight with honor and dignity!" Saber turned his back towards Andrei as he opened the trigger folder.

We should wait here, maybe another Master gets attracted by the green glow it emits...

Ace
January 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Before we get to that, who are you, a Master? Where's your Servant?" Virgil asked. His tone was firm. A third-party observer might call him interrogative, but Virgil didn't care for polite formalities. This girl was a stranger, who had been following him, with unclear intentions, making her a possible threat. For all he knew, she was his next opponent. There was no way he'd let his guard down around her.

"Master... yes, I'm a master," the girl answered truthfully. "Ah, I don't have my servant with me though. He went off to scout for my opponent. I wouldn't have gotten lost if he was here..." she sounded sheepish. She blinked in realization. "Oh! You think I might be trouble...? Haha, that makes sense I guess. From your point of view it would look like I was following you, wouldn't it?"

"My name is Yukari Kuga!" she introduced cheerfully. "You don't have to tell me your name if you want~ I know some people are pretty secretive about that kind of stuff."

She seemed to be telling you the truth although appearances can be deceiving. On the other hand, what was there to lose in giving her directions?

Fangstrike
January 27th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Master... yes, I'm a master," the girl answered truthfully. "Ah, I don't have my servant with me though. He went off to scout for my opponent. I wouldn't have gotten lost if he was here..." she sounded sheepish. She blinked in realization. "Oh! You think I might be trouble...? Haha, that makes sense I guess. From your point of view it would look like I was following you, wouldn't it?"


She was by herself, and she freely admitted it? What kind of naive fool was she? If Virgil felt like it, he could have Saber strike her down immediately, and there was likely nothing she could do to stop it. On the other hand, if this was all an act, her Servant might be somewhere nearby concealing himself; Servant Assassin would be perfect for that task.

He looked to Saber, who gave a slight nod. At the very least, Saber seemed unable to sense the presence of another Servant.

With a slight turn of his head, barely even a shake, he signalled his intent to Saber. For now, he'd watch this girl, but nothing else. It would go against what he believed in to strike down someone who wasn't his enemy. Perhaps, that was Virgil's naivette to spare this girl, but there were benefits as well. It'd hardly do for him to be perceived as some mindless murderer by the other contestants. If that happened, even his allies might turn their fangs against him.

Saber took up his guard position next to his Master in spirit form. If her Servant wasn't going to show, there was no reason for Saber to show himself either, lest he inadvertently reveal something about himself.


"My name is Yukari Kuga!" she introduced cheerfully. "You don't have to tell me your name if you want~ I know some people are pretty secretive about that kind of stuff."

"My apologies, but I'll accept your offer and refrain from naming myself." His name probably wouldn't remain secret after his first match, but until then, he needed any edge he could over his opponent. After all, he didn't intend to wait until the match to fight her. Even if this girl wasn't Jane, which he couldn't be sure of, she might still have ties to Jane.

"Now, where did you need directions to?" Virgil didn't see the harm in giving her directions, but he still wouldn't let his guard down around her. If she had hostile intentions towards him, Virgil trusted in both Saber and his abilities to sense and fend her off. Being a Church Executor wasn't just for show.

Twelveseal
January 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Leinhart von Einzbern
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Hmmm. We suppose he has a point about that. There is always a degree of unpredictability when it comes to the human element. That was something he could take as sound advice. After all, one could consider reserves of determination that great to be a form of secret weapon in their own right. He nodded his agreement at such an assessment, though he wondered what Assassin thought of the whole thing.

No, hadn't it been someone like that...


“The Basilisk? Heh, I guess it fits with me, yeah. Maybe I was thinking of that when I made that name up so long ago. Anyway, nice to meet you, Leinhart. Oh, a question, out of curiosity. Who are you fighting against?”

We suppose that's not such a dangerous thing to say. Perhaps he'd be willing to reveal his own foe. Even so, there was the nagging feeling that this man might actually be his enemy. After all, war was ultimately a game of deception. Even so, if that were the case, he'd hardly have a reason to ask such a question, would he? Though it was curious... He said he had met another Einzbern here... Hmmm. We suppose it would be good to get in touch.

"We don't see why not, though... We'd love it if you'd share the name of your own adversary." He paused for a moment, checking his memory for the exact name.

"We believe it was Mine Neko Radian." And after a moment to consider the wording.
"And more, we'd also love to know where you met a fellow Einzbern here." It must have been fairly recently, unless it had been in the prelims. Such a person would make a good contact.

SeiKeo
January 27th, 2012, 11:57 PM
James Hawthorne

Oh, God damnit...

You'd never been to Disneyland. But, now, you seemed to understand part of the appeal of rollercoasters like they had. Rushing through the darkened cavern at increasingly higher speeds as the river sloped downwards was exhilarating. Of course, you imagined that Disneyland didn't have you in a Roman boat rocketing into the unknown, nor was it in the age of dinosaurs, or set in the midst of a war between humanity's heroes. Close enough.

Luckily for both you and your craft, the speed you were going at was more a result of the weight of the boat, and less a steep angle: if it were steep, you could imagine that you would come out worse for the wear. As it was, the slope began to gently shallow, eventually turning the river peaceful again, alone in the dark.

Eventually, the smooth walls of the cavern gave way to a tunnel on your right side, going even deeper into the rock. From it, you could still feel the same presence: stronger now, though.

SeiKeo
January 28th, 2012, 12:40 AM
We should wait here, maybe another Master gets attracted by the green glow it emits...
You waited. And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Nobody seemed to be coming up the mountain, at least not on your side.

...this was boring. Staring at the forest, suddenly, your eye caught movement. A shape flickered behind a few trees, like a ghost.

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM
James Hawthorne

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of beast, or perhaps a Servant, in here. The boat stops, rocking in tune with the waves as its moored against the rocky "shore" of the cavern. I'm wary of this place, but there's no real turning back, now.

I nod to Saber, and she takes the lead. Wherever this cavern leads, I'm going to follow it.

There's a reverberant pulse through my chest as I get closer to the source of the immense power in this cave system. I've got to go down this tunnel... and who knows where that leads. I just hope I'll be able to make my way back to the ship.

Not that Saber seems to care about tying down her boat or anything; she just lets it stay there, as if she's got another stuck somewhere. I have to wonder if this is the Noble Phantasm she has...

Well, right now it doesn't matter. I have a torch in my hand, now, and I walk along the inside of the tunnel, wondering what's ahead.

Satehi
January 28th, 2012, 01:48 AM
William Hemholtz
Day One, Week One
Morning

The pair of arrows launched by your servant at the Basilosaurus manages to pierce deeply, with miniscule deflection from the thick skin of the creature. The force imparted onto them has nearly the entirety of the arrows buried into the body of the Basilosaurus, and blood flows out of the wound, polluting the water.

The water is dyed a dark red, and as the beast drags its injured body up and around, more of its lifeblood spills out into the lake.

Then, as the beast completes its full turn around, it lunges forward at you once more. While the wounds you’ve inflicted so far have been somewhat unsuccessful, being little more than large irritants to the gigantic sea creature, it still spreads the scent of blood into the water. A scent that causes the creature to only grow further incensed and frenzied in its attacks, aiming to get rid of pests it still makes you two out to be.

Accelerating once more, it opens its jaw wipe open for another attack aimed between the two of you, trying to separate the Master from the Servant so it may deal with the two of you separately.


Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

As you leap upwards, right at the Triceratops whilst it charges for you, you can see its eyes widen a tiny fractions, as it comprehends what you stunt exactly you are trying to pull.

Then it leaves your sight, as you spring upwards from the front horn of the dinosaur. While you complete the rest of the maneuver, with a slit mishap from jumping off the frill of the beast, and kicking off the back, the Triceratops frantically begins trying to decelerate, reducing its speed before it reaches the edge of the cliff.

As you complete your roll and turn around, you see the triceratops still quite a distance away from the edge, having slowed down its momentum to maintain a tiny walk. Turning around, it stares at you once more, before letting out another booming roar, and blasting off again in your direction. Thankfully, it’s quite a distance away, providing enough time for you to take action before it gets too close for comfort.

I3uster
January 28th, 2012, 01:06 PM
...this was boring. Staring at the forest, suddenly, your eye caught movement. A shape flickered behind a few trees, like a ghost.
"Did you see that, Master?" Saber pointed at the flicker with his sword with a stern expression on his face.

"You know, running into everything that vaguely looks like a trap may not be the smartest course of action..." sighed Andrei, knowing that this was probably futile

Well, he is probably incapable of building traps that instantly take out a Servant, especially one like him...

"...but we should take a look. I am right behind you."
"I knew you wouldn't shy away from a chance of confrontation!" said Saber, as both of them slowly advanced towards the flickering light.

MssrNeko
January 28th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Oswald Butler
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Is this enough room for you, Caster?" Butler gestures towards the hallway and rooms. "Feel free to use the entire house, just save a room upstairs for me to sleep in."

"Are you sure, Master?" his incorporeal Servant askes.

"I'm sure." Butler exits the house, but pauses on the first step. "Caster. While I am away, I want you to do several things. First, set up your workshop and secure the perimeter. I want security measures in place and a full understanding of grounds. Second, prepare for our venture into the Arena later today. I want to leave as soon as I come back and you had better be prepared to go. Understand?" The grim man looks back at the seemingly empty space in front of the staircase.

A heavy sigh is heard. "Very well, then. I shall proceed as you command, Master. Although, please do be careful out there. If you need me, you know what to do."

"Of course." With a swish of his dark tailcoat, Butler made his way back to the City. First, he would try to find information on his opponent. Then, he will purchase supplies to use while searching for the Arena "triggers".

Blackdeath6031
January 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

The same trick won't work well twice.
No, in the first place it didn't work as well as I had expected, seeing as it managed to stop itself from falling off the cliff.

However, this time, it should be better...

Reaching my hand out, a holographic console appears underneath my right hand, and I begin to type.



c:\converted\ignition_

Welcome!
>ignition> FengFeng F2 = new FengFeng;_
No method parameters.
Do you want to construct this object in the default form (y/n)? Y_
Please wait... ... ...

Complete!


As the completion prompt appears on the console's screen, a white, sheathed blade appears in my left hand.
However, I was not done yet.



>ignition> spell.S(s)_
Please wait... ... ...

Complete!
_
>ignition>exit_

Yes, the same trick won't work twice, so some tweaks would have to be made to accomplish it this time round.

As the console vanishes, I find my body doing the same thing, vanishing from view.

A cloaking spell, which, I would expect, would be more effective on an animal rather than another human - or a servant, at that.

With that, I run toward the dinosaur, unsheathing my equally cloaked weapon. As I approached it, I jump, landing on its snout again, then moving my left foot quickly onto its frill once more before performing a somersault, landing behind the dinosaur. Bending my legs to absorb the impact, I swing my blade, hoping to strike the triceratops' hind legs.

Airen
January 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Alan Griffin/Archer [Airen]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

It appeared that she hadn't managed to get a good enough grip on it's back before it had noticed her presence.

Slipping slowly from it's back, her expression not one of fear, but something more akin to annoyance, Archer still searched for a good handhold on the creature's rough skin, not quite willing to just give up on her previous plan so soon after the first attempt.

Of course, it seemed that the pterodactyl had a different plan for the future, the muscles of it's back tensing as it's wings moved, a sign that it would take to the skies in a few moments.

And sliding down it's back as she was, without any real sort of grip, she could potentially be knocked from it's back and high into the air, a situation which she supposed could be turned to her advantage if she switched over to her bow, but swapping weapons would take just a bit more time than she had left to do something.

Yes, she supposed the best thing to do would be to start from the beginning, to disengage and approach this massive creature in a way more befitting of her class.

And that was just what she did; getting her legs beneath herself, she hastened her own sliding departure from the dinosaur's back by kicking off of it with all the strength she could muster from this rather awkward position, escaping from the massive creature's back a mere fraction of a second before it took to the skies, her new found momentum carrying her to the very branch she had leaped off of to assault the creature in the first place.

Looking at the scene from afar, it was almost as if the battle had somehow managed to start over from the beginning, with Archer standing on the same tree as before, watching the pterodactyl with a small expression of quiet contemplation on her face, her hands already going for the finely carved bow that had never failed her during her lifetime, the quiet, simple sound of the bow's draw seeming like the voice of an old friend in her ever attentive ears.

Yes, even if she had failed her initial attempt to fight the oversized bird, she had never before missed a shot with this bow.

One clean motion.

No hesitation.

And just like that, as the dinosaur closed in on her position, she simultaneously leaped back and fired, six arrows, each following almost simultaneously after the one before, targeting the eyes and neck of the creature in a shot that would have been impossible for normal humans.

Yes, there was no more messing around with this being, the instant she had drawn her bow, was the instant in which it's digitized life had been made forfeit.

After all, protecting her Master was her highest priority.

Ace
January 29th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Naomi
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

"Hello, Matou Shinji. To be honest, I had never expected to meet you, but it is my pleasure all the same. I would recommend being more polite to your opponents, though. It wouldn't do for someone of your station to be seen as rude, would it?"

Shinji huffed. "Shut up! What's the point of being polite to the dead?" he smiled cockily. "I'll try not to humiliate you too badly." Shinji walked off leaving you to your own devices. He really was a jerk but he was just a child. It couldn't be that hard to trick an eight year old.

Well, your time was your own. If you hurried right now you could still catch up to Shinji and try to extract some information about his servant or go to the arena or just about anything you want.


__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________



Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Now, where did you need directions to?"

"Thank you very much!" she bowed again to show her appreciation. "I was trying to go buy some supplies for a trip into the arena. Do you have any idea where the shop is located?"

You did know where the store was located, it wasn't too far from here actually. It's understandable if Yukari took a wrong turn and ended up here instead of the shopping district.

RacingeR
January 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Moving through that section of the tree was hard even for a Servant. Even the branches that had made the ascension easier below, now were missing, and the cortex, while still rough, had no more holds that could be fully used. No, in a way, the same thing that had made it an easy climb before, became an obstacle as you were forced to crawl like a reptile, as it made your body slip as you tried to advance.

At least once or twice, the branch under your feet broke, forcing you into a desperate jump, trying to get a handle somewhere. Once or twice, your capabilities as a Servant saved you from the fall, and you kept going. After all, most Servants had overcame challenges way more dangerous, and way bigger than this climb, and you were no exception. At the end of the day, for a legendary hero of the past, this was not a great deed. But you doubted that any Master would be able to reach the place of the Trigger.

You were finally there. The screeching of the pterodactyls circling it became even higher, like some kind of fucked up choir that crowned your ascension, as a storm of noise that drowned everything in its wake. The orange glow of your objective was there, a brilliant light that would have glowed like a beacon in the dark. Even at the light of the morning, it was noticeable enough to be seen from far away, yet you doubted anyone else could see it. No, the triggers could only be seen by the two pairs assigned to them, the opponents who had the same objectives. If you were to judge from the bodies of dinosaurs you had found in your climb, your enemy had already obtained the trigger, maybe when you were visiting Leo. Maybe they had appeared even higher on the tree? That would explain their speed.

You neared the floating orange orb, without any of the creatures doing anything to hinder you. It seemed like your Master’s hacking had managed to do the job. Your hand fell on the bright light, ‘opening’ it...

------Trigger Obtained

Alistair rested briefly from his climb. For a Master, moving up the tree would take a real toll even for more physically oriented ones. Then, a sinking sensation.

Something was observing you from somewhere you couldn’t perceive.


Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Rider nodded comprehensively at Caster’s comment, apparently understanding that you were mute. He did not say anything, though, seeing as your Servant kept talking, rapidly finding the true identity of the Servant.

Indeed, Rider’s normally grim expression was illuminated for a moment as Caster easily guessed who he was, his legend. “Indeed, my fair lady, I am none other than The Dragonslayer, Saint George! I am glad that thee have discovered my identity, for hiding it is indeed disgraceful and lowly.”

When he heard Caster’s questions, however, his expression changed back to grim, as if thinking about the tournament where he was now saddened him. “ ’tis is but a twisted mockery of a real fight. There is no honor to be found in this kind of battlefield. Only to serve my Masters do I continue this ridiculous fight, and I have no motive to fight my adversaries outside of the Coliseum at the end of this infernal week.”

“Finding the Triggers is a priority for both pairs, as without them, neither I nor thou art able to progress. Thus, I propose to collaborate with thee to find what we need to progress towards the fight at the end of the week.” The speech of the Servant made it evidently clear that he had been trying to speak in a more modern way, but the ‘thee’, the ‘thou and the ‘thy’ were almost like an impulse he couldn’t dominate. Furthermore, the two Masters, a young man and a young girl, appeared from the bushes, looking somewhat pale, but intact.

The young man, of strange demeanor walked up to his Servant. He had yet to take a single glance towards Caster, instead centering his glance on his own ally, dismal apparent in his face.

“Rider...” However, his Servant faced him impassible, his grim expression never varying as he stared at his Master in defiance.

“I am sorry, sire, but I refuse to lower myself as to act to your standards. If you wish me to do so, you will have to use a Command Seal.” At that, the boy, probably Will, simply lowered his head as his palm met his face.

The girl, a beauty by human standards, merely laughed cheerfully at Will’s attitude. “Come on, let Rider do as he pleases. After all, he will not lose no matter what~!”

“Sister..” Will’s face was the live incarnation of grief, looking at her as if he felt like yelling ‘Not you too!’. Instead, he simply approached the nearest tree, let his forehead hit it... and fell to the floor in a sitting position, sobbing, as Sarah laughed

A colorful bunch, indeed.

“A race? That prospect does sound honorable and interesting.” Answered Rider, ignoring his Masters. “However, I am sad to announce that we still don’t know the location of the Trigger. I am starting to suspect some form of trickery from another enemy.”


Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

You cast your spell. A torrent of water that transforms in a rain of a two dozen bullets. The charging raptor had no way to avoid such a discharge from a distance so close, and was hit by the codecast at almost point blank range.

The bullets of water painfully burrowed in its body, forcing a scream of pain from its roaring mouth as it was pushed back by the impact. But that was not all, as the bullets suddenly expanded, every single one of them being equal to one concentrated liter of water. The pressure on the innards was too much...

A sudden, gruesome, explosive sound, as blood and deform parts rained everywhere, a part of the gore falling on you. Blood mixed with water bathed your body from head to toe, as the barely recognizable rests of the raptor fell to the floor.

Meanwhile Saber managed to mount himself in one of the raptors, however... it turned out that taming the Moon Cell programs was a hard task, one that took time he did not have. After all, the hostile combat dedicated programming imposed a directive that forced them to attack any and all players, and it was not something easily surpassed by normal means. Saber could have probably managed to at least do something to calm the beast down, even with the lack of a Riding skill, but he had no time for it.

The raptor launched into a crazed, yet short run, as he crashed against another of the dinosaurs, almost losing its equilibrium thanks to the strong impact. At that moment, the entire pack jumped at the chance to devour their enemy.

Two of them went forward, trying to rip apart his torso, despite it being covered by armor. Their sharp teeth were still a danger, as they were like protruding daggers seeking to cut and tear everything they could bite.

And then, a third one moved from other side, then attacked from above, trying to rip Saber’s head out in a single attack. You could see that the others had managed to surround him, but did not dare to attack quite yet.


Alan Griffin [Airen]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Six shots.

Arrows shot one after another at an insane speed, to the point that they may as well have been launched simultaneously. And they targeted the vital points of the monster with absolute precision, cutting through the air like canon shots. Yes, that was the only way one could describe the strength of her shots, like artillery, explosive bullets.

After all, the strength and speed of a Servant transcended humanity so much it was not even funny.

The pterodactyl was launching itself into another run, this time against the Servant. Its beak aimed to break her cranium in a swift hit, the dinosaur was like the biggest projectile ever, flying at her at insane speeds from up on the air.

The first arrow hit its left eye, destroying it completely. The second arrow missed due to the sudden movement caused by pain, and tore an huge gash on its right wing. The third and the fourth stroke the neck, however they did not penetrate enough to cause the intended damage, although they mortally wounded the creature. The sixth and final shot hit just below the right eye, causing a grievous wound.

The defeated pterodactyl, however, kept his momentum despite its wounds. Although its conscience was gone, he was still a danger to Archer as its massive carcass fell towards her. And it was way too close for comfort.


Leinhart von Einzbern [Twelveseal]
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

“Hmm... my adversary? I have no idea. His name was not on the list, as it looked like somehow he hacked it out of there. Well, not that I mind, I could just work my own magic tricks on it and reveal his or her name, but that would be boring. And my Servant just entered the Arena on her own, so I am probably never gonna get to meet the hacker.” Eifeel seemed a bit annoyed over that. “She has already defeated one pair, and is probably going for the next as we speak. It seems that it will be an uneventful week for me.”

When you mention the name of your opponent, strange as it seems, Eifeel seems to think for a moment, as if recalling something. “Yeah, I think I have heard that name before, at least the ‘Mine’ part. Someone told me something about a person called like that recently.” He paused for a moment, as if to put his thoughts in order, before continuing. “And for that Einzbern lady, I met her there at the front of the Arena. It was easy to tell she was an Einzbern. Though she seemed to be somewhat unhinged, probably completely batshit insane. Then again, nothing new on that front, after all I am talking to a guy that refers to himself as ‘we’, and I am not a paragon of sanity, so to speak.”

The redhead finished his tea in one gulp. You noticed that time had sure flied in that conversation. He sure was talkative, for someone so... mysterious. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers as if he had a sudden idea. “Wait, maybe we could negotiate some kind of... collaboration. You see, someone like me has a bit of trouble... after all, most of the members of my faction did not make it. I have a certain talent at obtaining information about whoever I wish to. So, we could do an exchange. I give you info on your opponent, and you perform certain actions I am unable to due to different circumstances. And first time around it is free of charge, and my offer comes with photos of the Resistance’s poster girl, Tohsaka Rin, in a skimpy bikini.” He gives you a conspirator wink as he says that last thing.

“So, what do you say? Deal?”

hero
January 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
ARENA

“No idea of the whereabouts, huh…?” Caster sighed, brushing her brown hair with her hand. “I guess this means that Moon Cell has mistakenly put us in a wrong location, or some other Master is trying to be smart and has hidden our triggers from us. What a bore.”

Caster then looked at Ulysses, who seemed to be vaguely interested in the crying Will. She tapped him on the shoulder, getting the blue-haired boy’s attention.

“Master? If you could? It seems that somebody might be messing around with the code around these parts, so you might want to check for that, too. You’ve got the juice, right?” she asked.

“…”

Ulysses nodded, turning his face away from Caster immediately. He spread his hands, as if embracing the air, and suddenly, a neon-blue terminal appeared in the air in front of him. There were no markings in the keys and even the screen seemed to be nothing but gibberish, moving at incredible speeds.

Seeing that her Master was now busy, and that it might take some time, Caster turned to look at Rider and his two Masters. Passing her gaze over Will, she quickly marked him as a boring person, and although she liked people like Rider, she doubted that he could entertain her.

Therefore, the only one that was left was…

“You there. Little girl”, Caster said and pointed at Sarah. “Entertain me, will you? Surely you know a dance or a song or perhaps a collection of good jokes? Now is the time to brandish those skills while my Master does some work.”

She clapped her hands once.

“Hop to it now.”

Meanwhile, Ulysses began typing furiously at the keyboard of the terminal that had materialized in front of him. The code flew on the screen as he tore through firewalls and protections of hidden items and locations in the area around them. It was amazing to watch. The pure speed which he used to compile the code was almost inhuman, to the point where it people around would have started to wonder why an extremely gifted hacker like Ulysses had not risen to fame or news at all.

It was like finding a diamond in a pile of rubble.

“SELECT protected_code / FROM general_database / WHERE code='data' / ORDER BY invisibility_firewall / HAVING reveal_mode / INITIATE forced_reveal”

Ulysses voice sang out in pure code once more, and the code he had compiled was put into action. It targeted all the hidden items, folders or triggers or anything at all, which were hidden behind firewalls and other protection, keeping them from fight.

SeiKeo
January 29th, 2012, 06:21 PM
"I knew you wouldn't shy away from a chance of confrontation!" said Saber, as both of them slowly advanced towards the flickering light.

You cautiously advanced towards the forest again, trying to catch whatever was tempting you inside. But, as you drew close, it suddenly ceased, leaving the trees still again. What...

A sudden movement interrupted your thought, as arrows streamed from every inch of the forest. For hundreds of feet on either side, black darts were launched, aimed at both you and your Servant, aimed with a killing precision. It almost seemed as if there was an army in the forest, but your Servant's eyes could pick out something interesting. Despite the volume of fire, they were being fired sequentially, one at a time, but from entirely different points.

Bloble
January 29th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

I stand in place as a rain of dinosaur guts lands around me. I don't bother to look at the now dead raptor that dared to come near me, although I do note that my shirt is, indeed, surely 100% ruined. Dang.

Meanwhile Saber is being an idiot as usual, trying to ride a virtual program with almost no Riding skill. Predictably he fails and gets surrounded, as the dinosaurs start trying to chew through his armour.

I let out a sigh.

"Saber." I say calmly. "Stop playing around."

I can see his mouth curl into a grin.

"Yes, Master."

Saber tenses for a single second, then moves.

One hand reaches out to swat away the pair of jaws trying to chew him apart. It attempts to smash the dinosaurs back with full force. The second hand reaches out and grabs hold of the mouth of the dinosaur trying to bite his head off, and squeezes. Saber's muscles tense, and with a roar of glee he heaves, trying to throw the dinosaur straight upwards.

Finally Saber himself tenses once more, puts power into his legs, and pushes upwards, exploding into the sky with another flying uppercut. I have no doubt that should he have learned boxing he would be an expert.

I debate trying to help, but decide not to. No, a Servant that I summoned does not need any assistance.

I3uster
January 29th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

In the blink of an eye Andrei went into a squatting position, pressed his chin to his body so that his robe protected it, covered his face with his arms and tried to ignore the pain of blunt impacts on his whole body, and the occasional sharp dart hitting the hands which were holding onto his neck.

Vigilance makes all the difference when running into a trap.

"Saber! Counterattack!" shouted Andrei with his voice muffled by his arms.

But the Servant did not move. He just stood in the middle of the forest, picking darts out of his face with an unfazed expression. Some shots targeted his armor, but just ricocheted off of it. After seeming satisfied with the number of projectiles currently sticking in his head he spoke up:

"Is this...is this what passes for an attack? Is this unhonorable attempt to take my life and the life of my brother..." upon uttering this word Sabers whole body jerked, as if he was hit by a jolt of lightning "...the life of my Master intended to frighten me somehow? To faze me?" The wounds in Sabers face closed themselves during his monologue. The texture of his skin became as even as it was before, but it went hand in hand with a hardening of his expression and a change in his volume. "I will tell you something, whatever kind of coward you are, hiding in the shadows and attacking a pious man who is not afraid to walk through the valley of the shadow of death, FOR THE LORD IS HIS SHEPHERD, YOU SHALL REPENT FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR SINS, I SWEAR IT, EVEN IF I EXPEL MY LAST BREATH IN THE MOMENT MY SWORD CLEAVES THROUGH YOUR BODY. YOU! WILL! REPENT!"

And I thought what I saw before passes as "angry"

Andrei carefully stood up, moving his arms into a comfortable position, only now noticing the volume of projectiles sticking in his hands, the only exposed and unprotected place on his body during the barrage. Blood streamed down his hands as he slowly pulled out the little black darts, and he experienced light nausea.
"You are wasting your energy, Saber. The attacker is probably gone now. The mode of operation seems to point towards an Assassin-class Servant. Although it's not impossible that the Master prepared this, since Seithr seems to be quite the person for a...practical joke like this."
"Whoever he is. Wherever he hides. I will track him down, and show him TRUE WRATH! Not mine, oh no, I am far above such vicious feelings..."

I am sure you are...

"...no, I am talking about the wrath of God! He will have to face me, and through me the ire of the Lord! He will be struck with awe moments before his soul will be cleansed in purgatory or suffer for eternity in the circles OF HELL!"
"We will have to find him first..." Andrei crosed himself, the wounds on his arm healing quickly. "...try to see if he left any traces. If we can't find any, let's just wander off and call it a day."
"You want to slack off, Master? In such a crucial moment?" Saber, whose face was still red from creating noise that could rival a starting Space Shuttle seemed to have found a new target for his anger. Andrei.
"Well, we can't really do anything about him anyway, can we? If we find any Servants or Masters on the way out we will try to get some information out of them and deliver it to the Knight Sister as we planned. Roaming this area for no reason while we are low on ressources could severly weaken us or even cause our death. Tomorrow is another day, and maybe another agent of the Church managed to collect information on Seithr...also we have these darts to analyse." Andrei tried to keep his voice as calm as possible, so he would not offer Saber another opening for his relentless verbal assault.

Saber seemed to be lost in thoughts for a few seconds. Then he spoke again:
"Alright, Master, your words are filled with wisdom, not cowardice like I feared. Let us look for evidence, and then follow through with your plan!"

Both of them started to closely inspect the enviroment for any clues, careful to not trigger a trap that the attacker may have left behind.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WRljI.png
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


The dark coffee may have been scalding hot, but that didn’t dissuade the man from practically downing it all in a single gulp.

After deciding that he no longer had any use with the empty mug he set it aside on the counter, slid a single hand into the pocket of his rugged designer jeans, and casually strolled out of the kitchen to the space of the apartment designated as the living room. He turned to regard the room’s solitary occupant, aside from him, who was casually stretched out on the couch and soaking in the morning sun like a basking lizard.

“Hey, sleepyhead. Wake up.” Emanres told the young woman reclining on the spot that he had before claimed as his de facto bed.

“You’re lucky I don’t bite your head off for that, Master.” She said, the jesting, teasing tone in her voice highlighted by the distinctly animalistic glimmer in her unnaturally green eyes. But it wasn’t just her expression that was like that. She exuded a staggering aura, undeniably monstrous to even the most inexperienced of observers.

“You couldn’t even if you wanted to.” Emanres merely replied to his Servant's playful barb, grinning slightly, uncaring of her intense presence due to their mutual partnership. If anything, it served as an asset, even if direct intimidation wouldn't likely get him far when concerning the true heroes he would have to face in the future. It might prove useful on certain NPCs - they definitely had a surprising realistic quality to their personalities and reactions, even if they were self-aware of their own false existences all the while.

Regardless, he considered himself a fortunate man that he and his Servant had a distinctly disquieting compatibility this early on in the contest.

“Besides, I don’t think Servants need sleep, do they?”

“It is not necessary, but a good nap every so often is a luxury, right?”

Knowing that naptime was over she stood from the couch to yawn and run a hand through her luxuriously colored purple-red hair and another to idly finger the contours the horns jutting from her skull, her long reptilian tail flicking left and right.

“You certainly aren’t wrong about that.” He commented in agreement with her simple words of wisdom.

“The time for small talk is over and done with.” The woman said, as if coming to a decision. “In other news, are you ready for the big day, Master? Today is the first day of the Holy Grail War, after all.”

“Already ahead of you.” Emanres shouldered a well-stuffed duffel bag which he had spent a good majority of the morning packing, in between drinking bitter coffee and running through his mental notes of everything that he knew of the Moon Cell, with what pre-made program supplies and digital tools he had on hand in preparation of Day 1. “Let’s see if we can’t scare up a few more supplies before hightailing it to the Arena.”

“You’re certainly proactive, aren’t you.” Emanres’ Servant said. “I like that. Knowing what you want is a very good trait.”

“It’s my best quality. Though if you ask anyone that knows me, they’ll say it’s my only quality.” Emanres put on his sunglasses and motioned for the door. “Alright then Lancer. Let’s go. We’re getting some real breakfast after we check out who we’re matched against.”

“Yes,” The grinning woman, Lancer, smiled beatifically. It was a sight to behold, but it bore a distinctly dangerous air wholly befitting of her. “I do wonder who we are going to have to kill.”

Without further ado, Emanres Umodna Rasti and his Lancer made a beeline through the distinctive Gothic architecture of district to the massive Arena in the center of the city.

Katie
January 29th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Kokonoe Emi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

...The normally pleasant sensation of victory was ruined by your Servant's sadness and for a while, the two of you did nothing, except search for your trigger, which had remained elusive. Now, thick in the jungle, you had to be incredibly cautious. Who knows when something would get the jump on you?

After an hour or so of aimless wandering, there it was. The Trigger, lying in a patch of ferns, contrasting with the lush greenery with its artificial blue. As soon as you tried to grab it-

Katana met spear, and a Servant (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/473907/blue_hair-chouun-hat-koihime_musou-pink_eyes-polea) had arrived on scene. Grinning with an amused smile, she spoke, cool, crisp words leaving her lips.

"Well, we'll see how well that sword fares against my technique."

Just as she had finished, there was already a thrust aimed for Assassin's head-!

Vahan Alexander
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

...As you stepped into the Arena, everything was a blinding white. And then...

The sweltering heat made you sweat immediately. Damn, Moon Cell had outdone itself with all these factors... The jungle was thick, but you could see a plain ahead, filled with... were those dinosaurs? Yeah, they were. Triceratops, to be exact, and there was an entire herd that seemed to be gently grazing. You hesitantly moved into the clearing, wondering if you'd attract the attention of the reptiles, but they ignored you.

It was then you spotted the Trigger, standing in the middle of the herd. As long as you didn't bother or startle them, this would be a peace of cake...

Then you heard the rumbling. A figure in the distance got closer and closer, until you could finally see it in its massive glory.

Whatever this was (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090205055230/digimon/images/d/dd/GeoGreymon_b.jpg), it was crushing those triceratops easily, and bending it down, it bit one in half...

Along with the trigger.

This was not your day.

Fangstrike
January 30th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Thank you very much!" she bowed again to show her appreciation. "I was trying to go buy some supplies for a trip into the arena. Do you have any idea where the shop is located?"


"It's not that far from here. You could have made a wrong turn." The alternative was she had purposefully stalked him.

"You need to go..." Virgil proceeded to give her directions to the shop.

This conversation reminded him that he needed to make a stop there too, just not right now. The last thing he wanted to do was go somewhere with a stranger. She could be leading him into a trap. While he had confidence in Saber's abilities, there wasn't any reason to give the enemy an edge in a life or death battle.

Yakumo-san
January 30th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Tanaka Atsuko & Servant
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Assassin PoV:

A studio, an ordinary studio. There isn’t any sort of fancy furniture around in this room, it’s plain, simple and totally bland. Well, except for my corner… I’ve taken some care in decorating it with various ornaments that remind me of my old dwelling, beautiful, mysterious and charming.

Waiting for my master to awaken, I take a little pleasure in looking at that face of hers she displays while asleep… it’s so cute and charming. Long, silky dark-magenta hair, a slim visage perfectly shaped... the Lord is such an artist when it comes to creating humans after all. Hallelujah to you God almighty indeed.

While gazing at a piece of art like her sure is refreshing, I must not indulge too much into this deep sin, for sure, I will suffer divine retribution if I anger the Lord for having any secondary thought. As there isn’t much to do, I begin to reminiscence on how I ended up in this situation.

The memory relating the events that occurred during summoning flashes in my head.



A voice called out to me, out of nowhere, telling me that it refused to die. I found the idea pretty old and uninspiring, but there wasn’t despair In that voice… it was filled with determination. Intrigued, I followed the voice… until I saw a girl in distress, fallen on to her knees, her face writhing in agony.

A sudden urge to save her took hold of me. “No, that isn’t what I should do” I kept telling myself, but no matter what I tried, I felt as if something was pushing me to step in and save her; perhaps it was something natural and instinctive for a servant of the Lord like me.

I appeared through a portal, given a body to use in this world. The puppet attempting to take away the woman’s life pulled back at my arrival, and I used the advantage of surprise to dispatch it in a single , precise strike. That little lady had already dealt a crippling blow to it via a certain magic, but for some reason, she began clenching her chest right when she could finish it all. Submersed in pain from an enemy within, she began losing to that ghost within her… until I arrived.

The threat neutralized, I turned to her and asked her for her name. “Atsuko. Tanka Atsuko,” she said weakly, her eyes staring at me, a shimmer of amazement within them. Well, that’s no surprise; Heroic Spirits like me do look special after all, humans can’t be blamed for being awed by our appearance.

“I’m somewhat tired, I think I’ll rest just for a bit… take care of me in the meanwhile” she says quietly, her consciousness wavering. The girl’s eyes eventually close as she sleeps soundly in my arms.

I then took her to this studio as we were transported to this huge city. Somewhat, I knew that it was our private room. I can’t explain why, but it was as if the information had been carved into my mind. A room only accessible to us, this would act both as our headquarters and sanctuary for this ‘Holy Grail War’. That’s right, I am a servant summoned for the Holy Grail War. Even without having been told a single thing about it… all is already in my mind, and I am ready to begin this fight.



The sound of ruffling bed sheets snaps me out of my reflection. It would seem that my Master has awakened.



Atsuko’s PoV:


The last thing I remember was being saved by that man in black. Hmm, when I think of it, that’s right, my savior was no one else other than the servant destined to serve me.

But he looked so much like that person… why was that so? His face, his eyes… they were exactly the same. This had to be an accidental coincidence, for after all, the variety of human phenotypes is great, but still limited to a fixed number.

My senses begin to return. I feel as if I’m waking up. The dark veil that had been covering my eyes is lifting itself up, allowing light to flood into my eyes. There is this nice feeling of something soft being wrapped around me that is running through my nerves, as well as the one of resting on a smooth surface.

It becomes clear that I am in bed. Yes, whem I try to recall what happened before… I remember passing out after an all too familiar pain seized my chest, nearly costing me my life. For even that aspect of my real body to be etherized here… the Moon Cell is quite impressive.

“So you are finally awake, Master,” mutters a deep, soft voice.

I tilt my head to the side, towards where that voice is coming from. There, that very same man in black who saved me, my Servant is slouching on what looks like a stylized throne. A black cloth with various golden ornaments is laid to cover the sofa, while multiple chandeliers flank the seat. A western style table with three legs is located to its right, a Christian cross sitting on top of it. I have the impression of looking at some random mock up cathedral that still manages to emanate somehow a mysterious aura from it.

But the even weirder thing is that the man sitting on that seat does not look like the average, old and decrepit clergyman. He is handsome and young. Elbow-length hair, red eyes, a face that could easily get him a job as a model and a rather effeminate, but not exaggeratedly slim constitution… he looks exactly like that person of my past.

But let us forget that resemblance. The past is the past; I have nothing I can do about it for now. Anyways, I think that it is about time for me to have a formal conversation with this new companion of mine.



Assassin PoV:

As I speak to Atsuko, the young Master turns her head over to my side. She still seems to be a little lost from what happened earlier. The young woman is probably recollecting her memories as of now. I will probably receive praise and worship me as a servitor of the Almighty One as always, and I will then have to stand correct her and teach her that needs not bow to me, for we are all servants of the Lord. Ah yes, let the holy spirit guide my wor-

“Assassin, how long are you going to stare at me?” a voice expressing annoyance and yet, remaining marvelously devoid of emotion utters.

Wait a second, since when did she leave the bed? The minute I was looking earlier, she was still there, her eyes locked upon my beauty… what the-

“Master, what are you doing?!” I shout out in panic, the cause of it being Atsuko changing right in front of me. She begins removing her clothes while opening the closet. Under her shirt there lies a distinctively peach colored br- THAT’S NOT UNDERWEAR!

I quickly shove my hand in front of my eyes and shut them as tight as I can. Something is wrong… I’d normally be indifferent to such things. Why am I suddenly reacting as such? The Moon Cell must have botched my summoning, there’s no mistake. I am above such things as being ashamed of nakedness!

A minute or two pass. I have no idea of what’s going on. I can only hear Atsuko’s footsteps on the floor as she walks around. I can tell where she is with my senses, able to judge her position and stance without even needing open eyes. However… I can’t tell if she has clothes on or not.

After some wandering around, the girl approaches me. “Hey, servant, open your eyes,” she whispers into my ears. An ominous feeling tells me that this isn’t safe… but as this is my Master ordering me, I believe it would be hard to refuse.

I let go of my fingers blindfolding me. Hmmm, what is that? The world seems to have taken a weird taint, it’s colored in a brightish pink tone. Ah, what is this fragrant perfume invading my nostrils… it’s as if I am in an open field of heavenly flowers. Two weird elevations protruding from this pinkish world are taking most of the view though. They are colored distinctively with black undertones and flowery motifs drawn all over them… such a strange sight indeed.

Of course, that is me trying to deny that I am looking at Atsuko’s chest from a very close perspective, the feeling of being swallowed into the abyss before me throbbing stronger and stronger. At least she’s wearing bra this time.

I tilt my heads upwards. Atsuko is smiling an evil smile. God, what have I done to anger you? Why, have you betrothed me to the hands of a Succubus? Have I ever failed you before?

Using my abilities as a Heroic Spirit, I quickly jump out of my seat and move to the far end of the room, putting a great distance between me and my Master.

“J-just what are you trying to achieve?!” I reprimand her with an eratic breath, trying to maintain my composure at best.

“Hoo… this is my reward for you as a slave that has done his work. Isn’t this pleasing?” she continues in her monotone voice, albeit, with a little bit of suggestiveness in it.

“I AM NOT!”

“But your red cheeks seem to indicate otherwise… anyways, how rude could you be to your master by rejecting her reward and shouting at her, Servant? Kneel down and apologize like a proper slave should.”

Atusko isn’t moving around threateningly. She isn’t making a dreadful expression or some scary face. She’s just looking at me, with a poke face. Combined with her beautiful, yet disturbingly neutral tone, this terrifies me for a reason I cannot fathom.

But no, I will not bow down to an exhibitionist. I regain my dignified and usual composure, ready to make a comeback. This behavior of mine is not worthy of a servant of the Lord. I walk up to her and declare:

“Woman, enough of these jokes. While the Moon Cell has made some questionable alternations to my personality, I will not endure this any longer. Put your clothes on and act like all Master should do with their Servants. Do you not fear my wrath as a man that has had his name inscribed in the annals of history?”

Atsuko lets out a small chuckle. “ Hooo… you’re really a generic person you know?” She turns around and begins putting on her clothes back on.

“Very well, if you cannot withstand the glory of your master, I shall make sure that you remain intact by hiding my beautiful forms from your eyes. You do not seem worthy anyways to receive any gifts… they’d all be wasted on you.”

… I want to hit this woman so hard, but I cannot allow myself to do such a lowly act. While my older self would not fear from doing such an act… something is restraining me right now.
No, that’s impossible, I cannot accept that a mere human like her can force me into submission; the Moon Cell certainly failed at totally replicating me and mashed my personality with someone else’s. That’s the only explanation.



Atsuko’s PoV:


Assassin has now reverted to the initial state in which I saw him at first: seemingly calm and imperturbable. But I am now certain that this guy is all looks and talk, for a Heroic Spirit anyways.

I would have expected a man like him to adopt a more decent comportment when faced with trivial situations such as the one I put him under… but Assassin acted no different from an ordinary man, panicking and moving around like those pathetic heroes in harem shows…

Bah, at least he looked extremely cute blushing earlier… I swear I could hear his heart racing.
Fufufu… men, really are the worst.

Anyways, I don’t have time anymore to play with him. It is time to head out and see who my next opponent is. I’ve slept long enough, and hopefully I won’t have any other issues again with that body of mine again.

I walk to the door. The tall black Servant is standing by the doorway blocking further advancement.

“What? Do you have any more foul games to play with me Master?” he sneers at me.

I sigh. He really is an idiot I guess.

“Assassin, do you know what’s behind you?”

“The door” he replies without fazing, continuously eyeing me with suspicion.

“And what do you think I want to do?”

“Master… are you planning on kicking me out?”

Yep, I’ve been given the most stupid servant in the universe.

“I wish I could afford to, but Assassin, don’t you think that it’d be time for us to go check against who we’ll be fighting this week?”

“… right.”

I shove Assassin to the side and open the door, stepping into this virtual world awaiting outside. The landscapes are many; I can spot a forest, a city and various more environments such as an industrial ground, or even weirder, a stadium. It’s as if parts and bits of various cities from the past and future have all been mixed together to create some weird cocktail.

This isn’t the moment for sightseeing though. A large building in the center of the city stands out. It’s a massive tower rising towards the heavens… there is no doubt, that is the “nexus” of this place. This is where I should head to learn who my next opponent will be.

This world is nothing else but a lie. This is a game where ‘having one’s wish’ realized is the final reward. For those that lose… the only reward is death.

Assassin is already silently following while in spirit form. He already understood that any more words coming out of him would be nothing more than an annoyance to me. Very good, things will be becoming interesting from now on.

Vahan
January 30th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Vahan Alexander
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

At the Eden that presented itself in front of him Alex inhaled sharply, taken aback at … at just the sheer beauty. They say that the ‘Devil is in it the Detail’ but … this was just unprecedented, it was so real you could reach out and almost believe that you were really here. He momentarily allowed himself to relax for a moment as the inner Hacker within him balked at the idea of how much processing power it would take to create and maintain such a world within a world. Then he turned to the shape beside him.

“Whew, that was a quick trip”

There was a rippling sound, the motion of fur, as the big dog shook itself with furious gusto … actually, thinking about it, ‘big’ was not quite large enough, more like huge, about the size a large pony, a pony with a sleek-furred and slightly ragged head that could quite happily devour his own with a nonchalant bite. Its fur was rough and grey, like a worn, well-used coat, as if the person who had chiselled it had perhaps disinclined to pay full attention to every hair since it would drive them insane. The hair atop its head almost resembled a birds nest, and yet this slightly tramp-like appearance did nothing to diminish the intelligence that seemed to burn from the dark eyes set in its head. This was a breed of dog the set fear into the hearts of lions and Romans alike. Savage and strong, yet smart and independent. A true Wolfhound of old that could slay a fully armed Legionnaire with nothing more than its crushing weight, not to mention its vicious fangs and claws and teeth. The only thing that appeared out of place was the fact that its right ear had been pierced with the same type of earing that Alex wore, and that about its neck there was set a huge collar of leather and steel, gilded with many strange letters and devices.

It seethed with the presence of being something ‘Heroic’, and even if that status appeared to be some form of façade, it was quite easy to confirm the supply of magical energy passing between the two as being the same as the compact formed between Servant and Master. It was different to outside the Arena, where such a thing was rather more subtle; in here it was so much more … obvious and, for the first time, he actually felt connected to his Servant. Yes, this was his Servant and a nobler Servant in such form could not be found … although the idea which was currently being suggested that he ‘ride him like a horse’ did not quite sit well with him. Last he checked, the general rule about what you did and did not ride consisted of ‘never ride something that could eat you’.

“Indeed, although first thing’s first”

He checked his surroundings briefly, shifting his bag to the other shoulder as he quietly observed the area around him with the trained eye of someone who is used to finding things that are ‘out of place’. Jungle behind him, jungle to the left of him, jungle to the right of him, and thinning jungle to the front of him, clear sky, good weather, humid temperature … abnormally so, and very little to do in the way of wind. Finding nothing too out of the ordinary, he again relaxed, thinking back over everything that had occurred since before he had arrived in the aerena.

They had talked briefly before entering the Arena, not that anyone, Master or Servant, that had been around at the time would have noticed, even if they had been staring directly at them. A short conversation that had revealed quite a schism in their ideas of tactics … and personalities:

“Isn’t that a little paranoid?”

“Probably, but also necessary. It’s probably easier if we treat everything we say, do and think as being something that people can go back and read at any time, this is a digital world after all and information is just like matter, it can neither be created or destroyed, only exist in different mediums.”

“Wow, for an Otaku-Hikikomori you’re surprisingly philosophical.”

“I am not an Otaku … or a Hikikomori. I am a Hacker, Gamer and Peruser of Japanese Media of the highest order. I do go outside … just not very often.”

“Yeah, and when I was your age I was leader a band of fierce warriors, hunting animals and slaughtering men with more than twice my years and experience.”

“If you want to play ‘Knights’ and compare CV’s we can do it another time. We have bigger problems to worry about right now … like the Triggers … and that kendo sword … AND finding out who our enemies are for this round.”

“Yari yari, so you do know how to focus on the task in hand, how surprising, I almost thought you were taking things lightly.”

“Of course I’m taking things seriously … it’s my life we’re talking about here as much as yours and as much as I’d like it I don’t think we get to go back to our last Save if we die.”

Suddenly, something wrapped itself around his neck and ruffled his air in an extremely vigorous manner, which he might have slightly enjoyed were it not for the fact that he was being throttled at the same time, and he was not sure if it were a hand or a tongue that was playing with his hair.

“Don’t be so depressing. War and battle are not all doom and gloom. There is glory and honour to be won in combat and the bigger the enemy the more there is to win! Don’t feel down about the prospect of possibly losing our lives in the future and instead revel in the fight of the present!”

Extracting himself, Alex felt his face go bright red.

“Jeez …. Just … just stick to the plan okay, and try not to screw up. I’m relying on you and we’re only half sure if this might work.”

“Sure sure, you can put your faith in me Master. I’ll be your shield and sword no matter what class or form I take from Saber to Berserker. My loyalty is yours.”

“So you’re a poet as well as a soldier?”

He gave a nonchalant shrug.

“Comes with the job.”

“Oh … then shall we go then? We have lots of ground to cover for today”

The rest of the conversation was a bit blurred after that, although he did not really blame himself for that, it had been a slightly … violent trip here, so it was not surprising that he had lost a few of his memories and it was nothing of grave importance.

Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a small flat tile, one that he had pretty much pried off a wall on his way here. On its flat, smooth surface, drawn in permanent marker, was a circle of tightly interlinked symbols which were just small enough to be seen by the naked eye. That was mostly his fault, he had terrible handwriting so writing small was his way of compensating … which was not really the wisest way to compensate if you think about it.

Momentarily searching the jungle floor for what he needed, he emerged after a few seconds of searching clutching a small piece of wood, about an inch long. Placing the small piece of wood within the circle on the tile, he waved his hand over it and mumbled something in a mixture of computer code and what sounded like a form of German.

As if it had been hit with an electric shock, the small piece of wood suddenly came alive on the tile. It began to spin in circles. Once clockwise, twice anticlockwise and then thrice clockwise again, until it came to a rest pointing in about the one o’clock position out in front of him, which actually surprised him.

“So close? … really? Either someone is trying to make things ridiculously easy or something is not quite right, do you agree?”

He spoke absentmindedly to his Servant, seeking a similar opinion rather more than advice.

“Agreed. Caution required.”

Simple and to the point, as to be expected. The jolly veteran replaced with the long-lived soldier.

Emerging from the jungle into the bright sunlight and flat grassland of a plain was actually quite surprising. It was a s if someone had drawn a line in the world and grown a forest on one half and left the other half bare, like a gardener. Strange as it was, what caught his eye first was not the intricacy of each blade of grass but the individuals that were feeding on it.

“No way.”

He murmured his amazement to himself as he felt a well of excitement build in his chest fit to burst that had nothing to do with the fact that he had just spotted a Trigger this early after entering the Arena. Every little boy loves dinosaurs at some point, in fact some never stop loving them, but it is fair to say that, at some point in their lives that every little boy has played with model dinosaurs and read books about the and play ‘dinosaurs’ with his friends with everyone wanting to be the T-Rex. But … to actually see dinosaurs, even technically virtual ones, in front of you … well at least he knew what Jurassic Park might have felt like.

From the bony crests on their heads and their horns, his brain testified that they were Triceratops. Triceratops horridus Herbivores and herd animals. Average length: 8-9 meters. Average height: 3 meters. Average weight: 6-12 tons depending on age. Horns: 1 meter long. Period: Late Cretaceous Period, so were talking about 50 or 60 million years ago. In other words, so long as he did not disturb them, they would quite happily let him walk past them and take the Trigger without offering even the slightest bit of resistance.

And that was when everything went to hell.

A towering, orange lizard, covered in blue stripes, came out of nowhere and began tearing its way through the pact of Triceratops like a bull through a china shop. Watching with a mixture of awe and impasse, Alex gazed feeling more than a little amazed as its huge jaws casually bit an entire Triceratops in half … along with the trigger he was supposed to be trying to acquire.

“Bugger” he muttered to himself, and the Servant beside him gave a small snort of doggish laughter.

“Hey Master … looks like we might need that ambush after all.”

“Fine fine, here’s the plan. We attack it, distract it and lure it towards the Jungle. It we can get it past the treeline hopefully that should limit its movements enough for us to be able to contain it in order to retrieve the Trigger from its stomach. Okay?”

No response, just a ragged growl. Then, like an arrow from a bow, the hulking Servant charged off towards the massive Dinosaur that was still ploughing its way through the herd of Triceratops, leaving his Master running as fast as he could in his wake, grumbling to himself about why he had put so much stuff in his bag as he tried to both maintain his balance and sprint at the same time.

hero
January 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Kokonoe Emi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Kuh...?!" Barely managing to parry the unexpected attack that had come from out of nowhere, Assassin was pushed back several meters due to the incredible strength of the mysterious servant and the fact that she had been caught by surprise with her guard down. "Stay back, My Lady!"

For once, Kokonoe Emi followed her Servant's advice. Not because she was afraid of the enemy in front of her, but because she understood that this was a battle that should belong to Assassin. Her real opponent was the Master that controlled the hero of the spear. Like a coward, she was probably hiding somewhere waiting for the perfect opportunity to take her down. And the Master of Assassin would make sure not to disappoint her.

Faced with an open invitation like that, Assassin had no way out of this but to fight. She knew direct confrontation was not her forte, and that her opponent outclassed her in more than one parameter, that was for sure. Even so, to protect her Master... Closing the distance between her and Lancer in a split of a second, Assassin engaged in combat without hesitation-!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QysQNDc36fo&feature=player_embedded

One thrust of her spear was as hard to dodge as a lightning. Really, it was a blade of red light that knew no mercy. Seeing as it was aimed at her head, it was clear that Lancer planned to kill her with her first strike. Because an attack as fast as this is unavoidable, it's therefore lethal-!

But the attack never reached its target. The priestess easily read its path and avoided it. This was because Assassin too was a Servant, someone who has far surpassed human limits and expectations.

"Hah...!"

Seeing an opening, Assassin threw a slash at Lancer's exposed body. But the latter surpassed the former in terms of technique, and so she was able to dodge the attack all together, while at the same time throwing a counter attack of her own.

"... Shit-!"

The swordslady was denied the chance of starting an offensive and was forced to retreat, as the enemy attacks became stronger and faster, quickly pushing her into a corner. Letting out a pained grunt, Assassin returned to a completely defensive approach, dancing away from Lancer's reach whenever she found the chance to. Eventually, a tree got on her way and she ducked in order to avoid Lancer's deadly swipe, which cleanly cut through it like butter, releasing countless fragments of wood into the space between them.

At that time, Assassin spotted the perfect opportunity for a counter-attack that would surely be a killing blow-!

Opening the distance between the two in an instant, the Japanese priestess swiftly threw the fragments she had recently gathered. No, in this case, 'shot' would be more adequate. Yes, the splinters were shot towards her opponent like bullets ready to kill-!

But there was more.

With a kick, even more deadly projectiles were released. This went beyond experience and talent, Assassin could easily manipulate these pieces of wood as if they were her own Noble Phantasm. In fact, there was no doubt about it. Were one of them to hit a vital area, the battle would be over for good-!

However.

*Clang*

Lancer shoved them away like nothing. Assassin gritted her teeth, as she realized that the Heroic Spirit had some kind of Skill or Noble Phantasm that helped her avoid this kind of attacks. She would need to come up with another strategy to take Lancer down.

"..."

Even so, her efforts had paid off. By constantly moving around the forest -An area that favored someone like her-, Assassin had managed to distract the hero of the spear and made her leave her initial position, leaving the trigger way open, and positioning Emi in a situation where her life would not be at risk. Therefore...

"Winden Sie... Ausbruch-!"

The nine-fold blessing was fired like a comet towards the priced item, fully aware of the fact that such an act would force the opposing master to take action.

Katie
January 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Barthomeloi Adalbert (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1032462/1boy-black_hair-dunban-long_hair-male-simple_backg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

As you stepped into the Clock Tower, a wave of nostalgia filled you. For all intents and purposes, it seemed just like the Clock Tower that existed in the real world. Well, the bottom few floors were off by a few centuries, but the higher you went, the more familiar things became. And when you reached the top...

It was just as you had seen it a few days prior. There, sitting at the desk, was your relative, Lorelei Barthomeloi. She looked as serious and as irritable as ever.

"Adalbert, was it? As an esteemed member of the Bartholemoi family, you must know that currently we are... "testing the waters". For now, we will proceed as Moon Cell dictates, but as soon as we learn of anything advantageous, plans will change. Understand?"

Simple and to the point. Probably shouldn't have expected anything less.

Ace
January 31st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Emanres Umodna Rasti [IRUN]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

You and your servant arrive at the city's plaza. You surveyed the area before you looked up at the giant screen displaying the match ups. From the looks of it, almost all the masters participating in the Holy Grail War of the Moon was present. To think, all these people were your enemies now but they weren't your main concern right now. No the name up on that screen was who you should be worried about... one Le Fantôme to be exact. Was that really a name?

You didn't have the faintest idea who he was or what he looked like if it was a he at all. Perhaps you would encounter your mysterious foe in the arena? But first you had to make a quick stop at one of the stores for some supplies.

After looking around for a bit you found the store. With a bored expression, the storekeeper looked up at you. She wore a kimono with a red leather jacket over it and combat boots. There was a knife on top of the table within her reach. "Another one?" she mumbled to herself. "Well, help yourself then."


Cash on hand: 1000

Yakisoba Bread - 100 - Heals Master MP (Rank 1)
Curry Bread - 200 - Heals Master MP (Rank 2)
Ether Powder - 100 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 1)
Ether Shard - 500 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 2)
Ether Drop - 100 - Heals Servant MP (Rank 1)

Arcane Monocle - 500 - Automatically maps the City for you, noting places of interest.
Room Furnishings - Varies - Items for your room.
Tough Gloves - 2000 - Increases your max MP.


Tanaka Atsuko & Servant [Terminator]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

You stepped foot into the center of the city. It really was amazing, on your way here you passed several great monuments that were exact replicas of the genuine article. Many other people crowded around the large screen in the center of the plaza, for good reason because right there was the name of your opponent. Dexter Kane, huh? It was safe to assume Dexter was male and that was a start.

Now that that was taken care of, it was best to leave the plaza and begin preparations. The question now was, what to do first?

SeiKeo
January 31st, 2012, 06:21 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

The gigantic blade fell upon the beast. Upon contact, a great explosion took place, rocking the sandy dunes and creating more dust clouds.

What had you expected? Hell had opened upon Earth by your command, and had been unleashed against the worm. Nothing should be able to withstand that.

And nothing did. With a massive expulsion of air that stirred up a sandstorm, it crashed to the ground, still. The grand bulk of the creature lay on the ground, mighty muscles slack. Its massive gray tongue rolled out of its triple-segmented mouth, showing rows upon rows of yellowed teeth, the fragments of rotting flesh stuck within them creating another hell, this one of stench.

But, now that it was defeated, you could feel something. Even as it lay there, some kind of presence still hummed inside it.

...an enemy, challenging you. Not only that, you could feel some kind of signal amplification on another presence: the presence of the trigger.

It appeared the worm had eaten it.

EnigmaticFellow
January 31st, 2012, 07:06 PM
Barthomeloi Adalbert (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1032462/1boy-black_hair-dunban-long_hair-male-simple_backg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning



"Adalbert, was it? As an esteemed member of the Bartholemoi family, you must know that currently we are... "testing the waters". For now, we will proceed as Moon Cell dictates, but as soon as we learn of anything advantageous, plans will change. Understand?"

"Indeed", I said to my relation. Keeping things curt with my cousin tends to be the wisest of decisions. "I trust that communications should not be difficult." With that, I wait for a response from Lorelei intending to leave for the shop when our conversation is over.

Snax
January 31st, 2012, 08:16 PM
LeopardBear

"....Ho."
Ellestia cocked an eyebrow. This was becoming a habit, and she couldn't help it; everything happening around her lately was getting out of hand. First, it was Sion - then it was the desert and the worm - now, it was an important trigger stuck inside the dead worm with an unidentified enemy.

She blamed herself for not being able to sense the presence of an enemy and the trigger earlier - since if she had done so, it would have been a simple matter of aiming several of the stakes at the enemy, and making a hole to retrieve the trigger. Sadly, even with her currently amplified senses, she couldn't pinpoint exactly where the trigger was in the worm's body. It would be hard to get the trigger in a simple matter - most likely she would have to venture into the body of the worm. However, the enemy had to be dealt with first.

Skiing near to the body, she tried to sense where the hostile would be. It would be prudent to get rid of the enemy first and then get the trigger, instead of braving the danger of trying to reach the trigger while she could be stabbed in the back.

Once she got a general idea on the area where the enemy would be, she approached the nearest sandstone stake she had stuck in. It was a bit of a distance away, but not too far. Taking hold of the stake, she disintegrated it into a bunch of sand - and there was a small hole, barely big enough to crawl through. Ellestia motioned towards her Servant - who took his great sword and proceeded to open the hole a bit wider. It was far more efficient than just hacking into the flesh like a madman.

Upon entering the insides of the worm, it was dark and smelled like a bunch of different disgusting things. The only light that shone was from the hole above.

Now that a hole was opened, it seemed the hostile being was approaching - probably drawn by the light.

ItsaRandomUsername
February 1st, 2012, 03:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WRljI.png
Emanres Umodna Rasti
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

(Just received his matchup for the week…)


“ ‘Le Fantôme.’ ” Emanres let the name roll off his tongue as if to taste the way it sounded, his mind going a mile a minute speculating as he reviewed what little he knew of his opponent.

‘That’s a name to be wary of, if nothing else.’

Lancer, silently standing guard over her Master in astral form, aptly commented through the mental link she shared with the man, a hint of concerned amusement in her tone.

“Also, most likely an alias.” He went on. “After all, even my name isn’t even the one I was born with. The name ain’t ringing any bells, either.” He went on. “I should probably do some research on this Phantom of ours when we get back to homebase. If someone of notoriety goes by that handle then there should at least be some hits in the database.”

‘No use worrying too much about this so soon, Master. With my ability I myself have no qualms with winging it this early on. For now, let’s go do that shopping you talked about.’

“Oh yes, the supplies. Didn’t forget about those.” Emanres said, for he truly had not forgotten about the “breakfast” trip he had planned to have before he and Lancer made their excursion to the Arena. “We don’t have much in way of electronic funds on hand at the moment, but it doesn’t hurt to be as prepared as we can. Alright, let’s go find a good store to help us stock up as much as we can.”

A short time later Emanres and Lancer stumbled upon a decent looking store conveniently located close by to the Arena.


"Another one? Well, help yourself then."

Emanres smirked just a little in response to her reaction.

“Heh. Deadpan shopkeepers." He mused. "Never gets old in any kind of RPG.”

He briefly glanced over the shopkeeper for a single moment from behind his mirrored sunglasses, taking in her details. For some reason, he was uncertain as to why, he felt the strangest feelings coming from the shopkeeper, unlike presence that of any NPC he met before. He figured that straight-up haggling or resorting to using Lancer as an intimidation tactic and other manhandling for lower prices would not work on this one. It almost felt like to do so would be hazardous to health.

Not that he would even do something risky like that, even though Emanres had somewhat of a reputation as a loose-cannon. It was just a thought he harmlessly entertained, for he enjoyed running through and playing out scenarios in his head. That behavior of trying to envision how events would affect the outcome of the future aided him in his preferred line of work.

“Okay. What do we have here?”



Yakisoba Bread - 100 - Heals Master MP (Rank 1)
Curry Bread - 200 - Heals Master MP (Rank 2)
Ether Powder - 100 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 1)
Ether Shard - 500 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 2)
Ether Drop - 100 - Heals Servant MP (Rank 1)

Arcane Monocle - 500 - Automatically maps the City for you, noting places of interest.
Room Furnishings - Varies - Items for your room.
Tough Gloves - 2000 - Increases your max MP.



Cash on hand: 1000


“I’ll take one Arcane Monocle for 500.” Emanres decided. Such a device would prove useful later on. Much could be done with a map of the entire City at his fingertips. “As for breakfast…what do you want? It’s my treat.”

‘Really? In that case make it the Curry Bread.’ Lancer said with disturbingly unhesitation. He was certain that she must have been wryly grinning at him under the guise of her invisibility.

“Figures you’d go for the most expensive one.” He replied, a hint of mock annoyance in his tone. “ ‘Kay. One Curry Bread, one Yakisoba Bread, and two Ether Powders to go.”


Cash on hand: 0


That transaction had left the duo of Master and Servant without a single digital credit to their names. However, Emanres considered that all money quite well spent. A mapping device, basic supplies (and breakfast, too), and the assorted gear he brought from the apartment meant that the terrorist and his Servant were more-or-less as well-prepared as they would ever be for their first trip to the Arena.

A short while later, and down a Yakisoba and a Curry Bread, the two once again found themselves at the “gates” of the Arena. At this point there was nothing left to distract them in the City but to venture forth into the strange virtual abyss that awaited them within the annals of the Arena’s sleek, futuristic walls. Emanres felt a familiar sense of thrill well up from deep within him. He was of the opinion that it was such a wonderful feeling, that feeling of experiencing something great and wonderful for the very first time. It exhilarated him like no other. Like when he first joined the Anti-WEC movement. Good times were to be had on his part. Such good, good times.

Such twisted nostalgia…But then again, he couldn’t help the way he was, right?

“No more lollygagging.” The bomber nodded to Lancer. “Let’s get this show on the road.”

‘It is about time.' He felt a brief surge of killing intent casually flare from Lancer, as if she were merely flexing in anticipation.‘Furthermore, I’m sincerely crossing my fingers that this Le Fantôme person has a nice hero for a Servant.'

'I just love killing what I hate.’

Satehi
February 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Oswald Butler
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Making your way through the streets of the Moon Cell and trying to find info on the whereabouts of your opponent, you resort to asking the pedestrians on the streets on the street if they’ve heard of the name of your opponent.

“Never heard of her,” says a little kid, a decent bit shorter then you. “Get out of my way.”

“No, never heard of her, sorry.” A pink haired woman says, before departing off to parts unknown.

“…Can’t say I have, sorry.” Another man says, before walking past you to do his business.

“That... that sounds vaguely familiar.” A tall, unruly looking man says. He scratches his head for a bit, trying to recall where or when he heard it. “Aaah ahh, forget it. The Arena’s awaiting, after all!”

He then resumes running it the direction he was running in before, off in the direction of the arena. You notice that he wears a bandana as well as an eyepatch over his right eye along with a couple scratches, but there is nothing that would identify any relation to any group or organization.

You can either continue looking for more information, or you could go purchase supplies for the arena.


Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


The dinosaur, if it notices your code cast, takes no note of it as it continues to speed along its way. As you vanish completely from sight however, it slows down a bit, letting you complete your maneuver perfectly.

Your blade strikes true, cleaving straight through the right leg of the dinosaur, although its left leg manages to pull itself out of your reach before you manage to hit it.

Crying out in pain, the large reptile flails its tail around, and due to your proximity to its rear, manages to whack you and sends you tumbling through the field a bit. The triceratops continues on its charge with a slight limp, continuing on forward for much longer than it did before as a result of not wanting to put much strain on its injured leg. It begins to turn around again, clearly hampered by your attack.

Blackdeath6031
February 1st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath) (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/Dell19930/e656493439d630efa8e5160e40558900.jpg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Nnnnguaaaagh!" The boy let out an exclamation of pain and shock as he is sent flying to the side, stopped by the bark of a tree which slammed into his back.

As he landed on all fours, he is forced to cough, letting out dust and trying to fill his lungs once more with air.
However, because of that, his appearance slowly began to flicker, and normalise.

"Tch." He cursed under his breath, as he prepared for the next round.

"Oy~, Lee." Came the voice behind him. "Hurry up. You're too slow."

"...Ahhh....!" He was getting frustrated.

"Split!"

With that single word, his sword glowed. Grasping the glowing sword with both hands, he then pulled the hands apart. An impossible feat, perhaps, but then the sword doubles. No, not doubles. One isn't white, but black.

"I'll finish it here, damn it."

Leaning forward, Seishirou tucked both blades back, as though he was preparing to thrust both of them into something.

Then he charged, roaring out a battlecry which not only made his invisible servant cover her ears, but also made it easy to tell that his voice was cracking and breaking.

Seishirou didn't care about this embarassing fact, however. He mentally calculated in his head what to do. If the triceratops starts charging, if it doesn't, if it intercepts him with an attack.

The dinosaur escaping doesn't seem like a likely feat in this case, after all.

SeiKeo
February 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
Lyco
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

A starburst of errant code greeted your vision as you appeared in the main plaza of the Moon Cell. Oddly for what seemed to be a place of assembly, it was empty. A few people were walking through it, but you could somehow tell that they were NPCs: mere constructs of code, with no real will or personality. But, why had you arrived late? You had completed the proper procedure.

At least, you were pretty sure. Whatever had happened, it was at the core correct, as the Moon Cell recognized you. How did you know this? At the bottom of the great matchup display, your name shone, next to your enemy.

Richard Razorblade.

Well, now that you were here, what was your first action? You could proceed straight to the arena, or attempt to square things away in the Cell first, possibly purchase items or find a safehouse.

Lycodrake
February 1st, 2012, 11:37 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

‘So my opponent’s name is Richard Razorblade. What an odd name…’ Stefan didn’t need to think long about his decision of where to go first, as he had already planned to at least see what items were available. He called forth his Servant, “Lancer, we should go straight to purchase items. At the very least, we can see what are available before we go to the arena. Do you think that would be the best course of action?” His question revealed more emotion than the rest of his statement, expressing that he honestly respected his Servant’s opinion on the matter.

Materializing at her Master’s side in a small flash of code, his Servant Lancer stood beside him with the shaft of her weapon resting on her shoulder. “I believe it would be the best choice for both of us, yes,” she replied, the tone of her voice only belying a small amount of the excitement she had to begin the battles ahead of them. After saying this, she re-astralized, and Stefan made his way to find the items shop.

SeiKeo
February 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
​Lyco



The Commissary is surprisingly not that large. Although, it makes more sense when you think about it; after all, all the products are digital: they don't need any space for inventory. The building itself is a round structure made from nondescript granite, topped with a dome. Entering shows you a large circular space. The walls are lined with electronic panels, showing you your various options for purchase. Most of the options are as a matter of fact not related to the War: they're minor household comfort items, furnishings, and other things. Clearly, they don't see fit to sell much on the first round.

Finding the items you want to buy, you walk up to the large circular desk that dominates the center of the room, made of some kind of clear crystal. The shopkeeper seems... ill chosen for the position. A young Japanese woman leans back in a chair, dressed in a white kimono. Combat boots up on the desk and flicking a knife in the air, she seems to just not care about her position. She looks up as you approach, shaking her short, rough-cut hair. "Ya? What do ya want? Oh." It occurs to her that there was probably only one reason you would be coming to her. "Buying crap?"

Cash on hand: 1000

Yakisoba Bread - 100 - Heals Master MP (Rank 1)
Curry Bread - 200 - Heals Master MP (Rank 2)
Ether Powder - 100 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 1)
Ether Shard - 500 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 2)
Ether Drop - 100 - Heals Servant MP (Rank 1)

Arcane Monocle - 500 - Automatically maps the City for you, noting places of interest.
Room Furnishings - Varies - Items for your room.
Tough Gloves - 2000 - Increases your max MP.

SeiKeo
February 1st, 2012, 11:42 PM
James Hawthorne

I nod to Rider, and she takes the lead. Wherever this cavern leads, I'm going to follow it.

Your footsteps in the little water covering the floor of the tunnel echoed around you, only serving to highlight your depth and isolation. Deeper down the tunnel twisted. Luckily, it began to dry as you went deeper: water on this slope would be treacherous.

After an unknown length, you came out upon your destination. A cavern greeted you, looking for all intents and purposes like some kind of great audience chamber. Massive stalactites and stalagmites fused together, forming pillars that seemed to hold up the roof far above you. But, as if it was built for this purpose, the forest of stone had a large boulevard running through its center, carpeted with moss. For a few hundred feet, it stretched on, providing you with a view of the end.

The boulevard, at its end, began to slope upwards, leading to a plateau, clear of obstructions, a combat arena in the darkness. In the center of the stone, a green cube floated in the air.

Its gentle light was cut off by a figure. You could not from that distance make out what it was, but you could feel immense power in the area: there was certainly a Servant in the area.

Lycodrake
February 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

After a few minutes of working out exactly what would be the best purchases with what cash he had available, he decided, “I take 1 Yakisoba Bread, 1 Curry Bread, 1 Ether Powder, 1 Ether Shard, and 1 Ether Drop, please.” Might as well spend what he had on hand and be able to stay alive to gain more money, than to hold onto most of it and have a lower chance of survival.

SeiKeo
February 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
Lyco


Cash remaining - 0

Shrugging, the shopkeeper input a few codes, inputting the items into your inventory. What was next for you?

Lycodrake
February 2nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

The young master, having purchased the items for both himself and Lancer, hesitated for a moment one what to do. But over the connection to his Servant he could feel the eagerness for battle that his Servant was trying to tone down. 'Battle maniac or not, she has a lot more experience than I do when it comes to combat...but she told me to not doubt myself on these things...I will head for the arena. I want to survive this, but going to find a safe-house now won't help either of us in anyway that I can think of.'

Five_X
February 2nd, 2012, 01:43 AM
James Hawthorne

This place couldn't be a more obvious place for a hostile encounter if a sign swatted me in the face saying "FOE!" This place is big, and there's definitely spots where a person could come out of nowhere and kill me.

I crouch down and start moving forward, but Rider holds out his arm, stopping me.

"Don't do that, boy." He tells me with a nod forward, directing my gaze up to the green cube. "To be buried in here so far, I can only deduce that the object ahead is a Trigger. We need to extract it from here and bring it with us, yet our opponent will no doubt be looking for these same objects just as furiously as we are. Do you know what that means, boy?"

I nod. "Up ahead should be a Servant. That power... must be them. I guess we have to take some precautions?"

Rider lets out a small laugh, and right beside him appears a big trunk. He reaches his big arms inside and pulls out a lever-action rifle, checking down the sights and weighing it in his hands, then holding it in a ready position, pointed downrange towards the Trigger. I guess he's serious, then.

He takes one other, curious thing out of the trunk: a rabbit's foot on a necklace. He puts that on, whispers a few words, then looks back at me.

"This should make it so I can resist magic with more proficiency than I can usually manage. I'm not one to run out of harm's way, but some spells could normally do a number on me." He seems confident, and I trust him in at least this. He's shown no real reason for me not to think he's got the right idea here, but I know he can be rather reckless. I just hope there's no repeat of that pterodactyl situation.

I make a medium-sized, round grey rock in my hand. It's not the best I can manage, but for my purposes it should serve well enough, especially if we can effectively sneak up on the Servant (and, presumably, Master) up ahead near the trigger.

So, while I keep my eyes up ahead on the trigger while Rider checks around us, looking for any obstacles or enemies that might be around, as well as keeping the both of us quiet. That's the key here: we have to sneak up on the figures up ahead, though I do worry that they might get that trigger first...

...if they do, then I guess I might have to fight it out of them.

Yakumo-san
February 2nd, 2012, 03:52 AM
Atsuko’s PoV:

Dexter Kane. Out of all the panels that lit up on the huge board, only one is lit up, displaying this name to us. For some weird reason, it gives me vibes that its bearer is some sort of homicidal, murdering maniac. Perhaps that this is my intuition telling me to be careful, or maybe it’s just me having watched too many TV shows back then when I was young.

But anyways, no matter what or who our enemy is, the time to move on forwards has arrived. Whatever I have to face, I will face with without fear, without regret and without any doubt. With the name “Dexter Kane” now inscribed within my memory, I decide to head towards the arena to begin the search for triggers, the keys that will grant us victory into the upcoming battle. But first, there is something I must do… gather some backup items in case the situation gets rather tense. The question is… where to find a shop?

Bah, it’s not like this will be too much of an issue. I’ll just head to the arena and stop by a shop if I see anyone.



Assassin’s PoV:

We’ve been walking for some time now. Atsuko registered the enemy’s name and now seems to be making her way to the arena. However, she’s also looking around, probably looking for something. We’ve remained rather silent up to now, due to her rather ‘unique’ personality if I may so.

The girl suddenly stops, having apparently found what she was looking for. My eyes follow her gaze, and it looks like what she had been probing around for was one of these many shops created by the Moon Cell, selling various items that could be useful for the future battles.

Metallic and futuristic, plain and simple, the building really stood out in this Victorian era boulevard which was reminiscent of those European cities, old and noble, crafted with much art and delicacy.

Without a word, Atsuko walked over to the shop and entered it, with me following closely behind while remaining in spirit form.




The Commissary is surprisingly not that large. Although, it makes more sense when you think about it; after all, all the products are digital: they don't need any space for inventory. The building itself is a round structure made from nondescript granite, topped with a dome. Entering shows you a large circular space. The walls are lined with electronic panels, showing you your various options for purchase. Most of the options are as a matter of fact not related to the War: they're minor household comfort items, furnishings, and other things. Clearly, they don't see fit to sell much on the first round.

Finding the items you want to buy, you walk up to the large circular desk that dominates the center of the room, made of some kind of clear crystal. The shopkeeper seems... ill chosen for the position. A young Japanese woman leans back in a chair, dressed in a white kimono. Combat boots up on the desk and flicking a knife in the air, she seems to just not care about her position. She looks up as you approach, shaking her short, rough-cut hair. "Ya? What do ya want? Oh." It occurs to her that there was probably only one reason you would be coming to her. "Buying crap?"

Cash on hand: 1000

Yakisoba Bread - 100 - Heals Master MP (Rank 1)
Curry Bread - 200 - Heals Master MP (Rank 2)
Ether Powder - 100 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 1)
Ether Shard - 500 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 2)
Ether Drop - 100 - Heals Servant MP (Rank 1)

Arcane Monocle - 500 - Automatically maps the City for you, noting places of interest.
Room Furnishings - Varies - Items for your room.
Tough Gloves - 2000 - Increases your max MP.



“An Arcane Monocle, one Curry Bread, two Ether Powder and one Yakisoba Bread.” My Master says calmy. “Assassin. No objections?” she whispers to me, a wry smile on her face.

“Nope,” I reply bluntly. Really, she’s already bought it, what’s the point of asking me?

We leave the shop while the mysterious lady sees us off. I have a weird feeling about her, but she’s just an NPC after all… so I guess that it might just be my nerves being somewhat affected by my shock. I’m still trying to get over the fact that I have such a… calamity as master.

...

As we walk outside towards the arena, Atsuko suddenly asks me something that surprises me.

“Assassin, you’re rather silent aren’t you?”

It is true that I haven't communicated with her at all, never speaking to her unless she addressed me. But the main reason would be, my issue with her character. I have no reasons inciting me towards serving her, but as I made a contract with this little lady, I simply cannot abandon her. It is my duty as a follower of God to uphold my promise.

“I find no reason to talk Master.” I tell her in a neutral tone.

She stops and looks at me from behind her back. That evil smile... why does she always have it? It's ominous, too ominous. Even Satan himself would be scared of it.

“Hoo… is it because of what happened earlier?” the young girl says, a hint of mischievousness hidden in these words.

“No. I just figured out that we should talk when the situation calls for it,” I answer, trying not to go back on that unheatlhy subject.

“Hmmm… your character… they call that a tsundere right?”

“What the heck are you labeling me as?”

“A tsundere; you know, those people that show up a tough front and form time to time, reveal that they have a soft side for you? My my Assassin, I wouldn’t have thought that you’d fall for me so soon.”

This sentence was said in the most deadpan possible of ways. Lacking any sort of interest, as if I was some dog craving for her.

I choke while trying to swallow my saliva when I hear her words. This is getting beyond what I can endure. First I must lower my status to serve such a capricious, spoiled and arrogant woman, and now, I must live a life that seems is going to be filled with depreciating insults and comments?

Silence. I will simply keep silent and endure this. I am a servant of the Lord, nothing can break my peace and stillness. Besides, if I begin shouting here, it will be easy for those around to identify her as a Master, seeing that she’s talking with some invisible person that would apparently be her Servant.

It’s not like I care about her really. I mean it, this woman deserves a thousand deaths.

Focus Assassin. Focus… the arena is coming... the real fight hasn't even begun yet. How will you look if you lose to your own Master?
Do not ridicule the Lord, warrior!

Airen
February 2nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Alan Griffin [Airen]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

If she hadn't been standing on the top of a tree, then perhaps the flying form of the pterodactyl's falling corpse would have posed more of a threat to Archer. But standing in a place like this, this particular hero of the bow would not be struck down by such a predictable, if rather large, projectile. Moving at a speed that couldn't be observed with the vision of normal humans, Archer moved from branch to branch with motions so seamless that it may as well have been some sort of practiced routine. The bullet-like fallen dinosaur crashed directly through the trees after her as she did so, it's corpse slowing with the multiple impacts against the trees as it's body attempted one last strike at the woman who had defeated it.

But it was pointless, as it's speed decreased from striking so many trees, the woman known as Servant Archer only moved faster, an emotionless expression on her face as she escaped an attack that she had never considered a threat in the first place.

"Master," landing soundlessly next to her Master, who seemed visibly relieved that she was okay, Archer smiled, "The monster has been destroyed, we can continue on in the arena now."

"Excellent," rising to his feet without hesitation, Alan nervously rubbed the back of his head, still seemingly embarrassed that he hadn't been very useful during the last battle, "Well then, let us proceed more carefully."

If his current goal was to find one of his triggers, then the most likely location for such a thing...

Was the giant tree he had seen when he had first arrived in this place.

"Archer, I'm counting on you to watch out for more of those alright?" Knowing that his Servant was listening, even if she didn't respond in a verbal manner, he walked towards the giant tree under cover of the forest, having already marked it's location in his memory.

"Beginning data scan... Report, last executed programs."

A shining blue gauntlet of data appeared around his arm as he quietly attempted to hack into the system, a process that he had been trying to figure out ever since his Servant had thrown him into this forest in the first place.

Hmmm....

This was a bit harder than he had thought it would be; the sensitive information, like what calculated the landscape of the arena, lay beyond firewalls that he couldn't break through at this point.

But, there appeared to be attack data here, like what was used in Code Casts. Apparently the data used by those in the War was not protected very well by the Moon Cell...

Or perhaps this was just his skill as a hacker showing through?

Whatever the reason-

"Executing Trace Program," mumbling this to himself as he walked, he continued on towards the tree, "Copy program prepared."

If he could see their data, than he could see no reason why he shouldn't use it for himself if a time to do so presented itself.

After all, emulating the abilities of his opponents had always been his strength as a hacker, and had been considered a borderline heresy with ATLAS. He'd have to keep an eye on this data stream, see what seemed interesting....

Chuckling a bit at this thought, he silenced himself after Archer tapped him on the shoulder once, her expression imploring him to remain silent.

They were close to their destination after all.

Twelveseal
February 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Leinhart von Einzbern
Week 1, Day 1
Morning


“Hmm... my adversary? I have no idea. His name was not on the list, as it looked like somehow he hacked it out of there. Well, not that I mind, I could just work my own magic tricks on it and reveal his or her name, but that would be boring. And my Servant just entered the Arena on her own, so I am probably never gonna get to meet the hacker.”
So this one thinks little of his adversaries, regardless of their apparent aptitude. Or perhaps he merely thinks highly of his Servant?
"We suppose there could always be a case of the aforementioned underdog, yes? Perhaps you'll let us know how things went?"

“She has already defeated one pair, and is probably going for the next as we speak. It seems that it will be an uneventful week for me.”
Curious, that. His Servant has already destroyed one pair? Perhaps someone attacked him outside of the Arena, or... Hmmm. This one could be troublesome. Though that is a valid tactic. Perhaps it would be in our best interests to simply kill every pair we can, regardless of our matchups? It could be quite fun, but then... There could also be complications.

Choices, choices...

[qoute]“Yeah, I think I have heard that name before, at least the ‘Mine’ part. Someone told me something about a person called like that recently. And for that Einzbern lady, I met her there at the front of the Arena. It was easy to tell she was an Einzbern. Though she seemed to be somewhat unhinged, probably completely batshit insane. Then again, nothing new on that front, after all I am talking to a guy that refers to himself as ‘we’, and I am not a paragon of sanity, so to speak.”[/quote]
Eh? Heh...

What began as a stifled chuckle turned into full, genuine laughter as what Eifeel said sank in. It lasted for a few moments before slowing down to a more controlled pace.
"We suppose, heh, we can't disagree. Haaaah... We suppose it's a matter of differing standards. Certainly, recent events haven't been very kind to the Clan's collective... sensibilities. Oh well. We appreciate the information, anyway."


“Wait, maybe we could negotiate some kind of... collaboration. You see, someone like me has a bit of trouble... after all, most of the members of my faction did not make it. I have a certain talent at obtaining information about whoever I wish to. So, we could do an exchange. I give you info on your opponent, and you perform certain actions I am unable to due to different circumstances. And first time around it is free of charge, and my offer comes with photos of the Resistance’s poster girl, Tohsaka Rin, in a skimpy bikini."
Hmm? A proposal? Already? And we haven't even revealed our 'merchandise' yet? From the Resistance, though...

They are the wild cards, yes? The Association's goals are, to a degree, in line with our own. The WEC stand in opposition to our interests, but with our technology, we are sure that exceptions could be made... Atlas... Atlas remains as much a mystery as ever, but their goals are likely not far from the Associations. And then there's the Church. Their interests are almost certainly in opposition, and yet, we did work together in the past, so...

And yet this one claims to be in support of Tohsaka. The climate has changed, to be sure, but they once stood as our allies. And our enemies.

Yet more choices...


“So, what do you say? Deal?”
He paused, still considering the offer. A look of concentration settled on his face.
The Resistance is smaller, less powerful, less influential than the WEC. Yet the presence of the Tohsaka suggest ties to the Association behind the scenes. After all, they are, or at least were, among the Wizard Marshall's apprentices. If the WEC succeeds in this conflict, then they will inevitably turn their attention to us. How long we could resist is difficult to calculate. Utterly impossible if the obtain the Moon Cell's power. Should the WEC fail, however, the Resistance would likely hold interest in our work, certainly if the Association supports them.

An ideal response would be... Yes.

"With conditions, we will accept your offer." The look on his face returned to normal.
"It remains in the best interests of the Clan to remain as close to the top of the coming power structure as possible. Our assistance, therefore, will naturally shift to whoever holds the greatest chance of victory here." He motioned at the environment surrounding them.

"The Clan is capable of providing valuable services to whichever organization might win, regardless, but, as of yet, you are the strongest Master we have observed. Until we see otherwise, we would be happy to accept. It might be interesting to work with the Tohsaka again, anyway." A smile played across his face as he thought of that irony.

Satehi
February 3rd, 2012, 12:03 AM
Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning

At your first response, the man only stares harder at you, not quite sure if you are lying. Under his piercing and partially inquisitive stare, your Servant discusses matters with you. Upon your second response, he relaxes his posture.

“It’s wise of you to be honest in front of the place of the Lord.” He compliments you a bit on your integrity.

“The WEC headquarters..? I do believe I have a good idea of where they are.” His expression is one that is displeased, most likely since you are not one of the church, but he points to the east of your current location. “They are across the river over there, in a large skyscraper.”

Before you can take your leave though, he turns back to look at you. “However, I’d like to ask a favor of you. It’s not much work. I just need you to keep your eyes and ears open for certain things- namely, anything that would directly oppose the doctrines of the Church, say, a Dead Apostle. Can you do that?” He asks of you.

SeiKeo
February 3rd, 2012, 12:10 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

With that, the two made their way toward the forest, moving slowly at first to account for Rider's wound, but eventually picking up their pace as he healed.

You proceeded into the forest, into a more lightly wooded area with room to move. For some reason, as you walked the woods, you felt eyes on you. It was crazy. Your enemy had gone in an entirely different direction: who was watching you? But you couldn't shake the feeling.

The light forest cleared out even more in a small area, a near-clearing. As soon as you walked into it, you realized your mistake. You were now exposed.

Your trackers took perfect advantage of this. As you left the safety of the woods, they appeared in front of you.

The general shape you knew well: a raptor variant, with large sickle claws on its feet. Two things stood out to you, however. First was the size. From head to tail, the beast was 25 feet long. And while half its length was simply its tail, it was unnerving to have something that large eyeing you. And second, it was covered in feathers.

And as four more of the dinosaurs approached from your sides and rear, only one thought crossed your mind: you were being attacked by wild carnivorous chickens.


Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Well. This was... in a word, your first time in the Arena was underwhelming. You don't know what you had expected but it wasn't this.

A grassland stretched out before you, an unbroken sea of green. If you had to compare it to anywhere, it would be... Nebraska. The gentle hills flowed around you, but were mostly small, barely worth mentioning as hills in favor of just a flow in the landscape. No obvious direction really presented itself: you were free to wander in any path you chose.


James Hawthorne

I make a medium-sized, round grey rock in my hand. It's not the best I can manage, but for my purposes it should serve well enough, especially if we can effectively sneak up on the Servant (and, presumably, Master) up ahead near the trigger.

So, while I keep my eyes up ahead on the trigger while Rider checks around us, looking for any obstacles or enemies that might be around, as well as keeping the both of us quiet. That's the key here: we have to sneak up on the figures up ahead, though I do worry that they might get that trigger first...

...if they do, then I guess I might have to fight it out of them.

With utmost caution, you snuck towards the figure, trying not to be seen. You experienced a reasonable degree of success: you were able to close 3/4 of the distance, with the figure's back to you.

However, it couldn't last for long. Notified somehow, the figure turned on the spot.

The face of an Tryolian beauty greeted you, a face that could easily go to the top of WEC product advertising if she had bothered to try. Her body was mostly concealed by a shadow dress, but even under its loose folds, you could see the glimpse of well toned legs and ample tracts of land. Her eyes bore into you, inspecting every inch of your body.

"Well, hello." Her voice was like that of a tigress: lazy, but with the promise of power and war infusing every word. "I must assume that you are James?" The sentences rolled off her tongue in a casual European curl. The cumulative effect was to narrow your vision and mind: the rest of the cavern seemed to fade and recede, leaving you and her in the dark.

Not under her compulsions, your Servant noticed something else. Near the wall of the cavern, a proud man, crowned in gold, stood. He seemed content to let her take the lead, but he was not an insignificant power himself.



Upon entering the insides of the worm, it was dark and smelled like a bunch of different disgusting things. The only light that shone was from the hole above.

Now that a hole was opened, it seemed the hostile being was approaching - probably drawn by the light.

You literally mined the flesh of the great beast, digging through gray, moist, flesh. Hacking a massive pit in the gore, you tried to burrow deeper, straight to the center of the creature.

After laborious digging, the worm changed. The gray flesh gave way to tougher, firm brown, some kind of internal muscle. More difficult to dig through, this managed to slow your efforts, though not as much as the exterior armor. But, eventually, you broke through. Ripping through the layer of flesh, you tumbled through your hole, into an alien world.

The cavern of pink flesh seemed like a stomach to you, in a general sense. But, the boulders and smaller rocks strewn among the decomposing waste gave a hint to its true nature. It was the beast's gizzard. Lacking teeth, the only thing it could do was imbibe rocks and sand, and let their action crush its food.

The size of the chamber was indeterminate: the faint green and yellow light could not reach into every corner of the gizzard. But, from what you guessed, it was as large as the beast and a good portion of its length. Wait, green?

Looking up to what would in this orientation be the roof, you saw part of a green cube embedded in the stomach wall. Yep, it had in fact eaten the trigger. There were two problems now. First, it was on the ceiling. The ceiling happened to be at least a hundred feet in the air.

And second, your enemy stood under the cube. Marcos was reclining against a large boulder, his slick hair and jacket marred by digestive fluid. Behind him rested what could only be his Servant. He looked to be a young man, maybe in his mid-twenties, clean shaven, but with eyes that betrayed deep wisdom, far beyond any other you had seen. His simple white robes were, like his Master's, stained, but it did not seem a concern to him.

"Yo, man! Short time short see!" Marcos seemed enthusiastic to see you, even as an enemy. "Man, who'd have expected this kind of sidequest. I mean, what am I, Ahab?"

Five_X
February 3rd, 2012, 12:59 AM
The face of an Tryolian beauty greeted you, a face that could easily go to the top of WEC product advertising if she had bothered to try. Her body was mostly concealed by a shadow dress, but even under its loose folds, you could see the glimpse of well toned legs and ample tracts of land. Her eyes bore into you, inspecting every inch of your body.

God damnit, what can a man think when faced with someone like this? Now I kind of wish I'd been more successful; that way, I wouldn't have to deal with, y'know, facing her and stuff.

Ah, I'm faced with the ultimate of questions in the genetic race for survival: fight or fuck?


"Well, hello." Her voice was like that of a tigress: lazy, but with the promise of power and war infusing every word. "I must assume that you are James?" The sentences rolled off her tongue in a casual European curl. The cumulative effect was to narrow your vision and mind: the rest of the cavern seemed to fade and recede, leaving you and her in the dark.

Damn it all to hell. I hadn't expected something like this. I don't know who she is or what she's fighting for, but at the very least she seems well informed, and I'm certainly a man who likes his women intelligent and well read. Her voice is like smooth silk against my skin, and I can hardly resist this. She's gorgeous is what she is, and really I have to wonder if I'm even paying attention to anything else...

I know Rider's looking at something else, but I'm not too sure what it is. He can do what he likes, but right now I'm interested in having a chat with this fine young lady here.

I clear my throat. "Ah, well, that's who I am. It's good to meet another person here who's not all into fightin' right at the first word, y'know? I guess that means you're Demi Lacroix. Nice name, and it's nice to finally meet you." I shrug, and glance up at the ceiling for but an instant before I turn my gaze back, involuntarily, to Demi. "So, what's the order of the day, huh? Are we going to just fight now, or are you interested in exchanging more pleasantries? It's only the first day, after all." I give her a nod and smile.

Why does she have to be so hypnotic?

Rider narrows his eyes, getting ready for what I'm not.

Satehi
February 3rd, 2012, 01:23 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

At the sound of your own battlecry, the triceratops lets out another cry of its own. Despite the pain from the injury, it start moving at the same speed it did at the start, ignoring the injury, as if it doesn’t give the current situation it’s all, it is definitely going to perish here. It finishes turning around to meet you face on, and readies for another momentous charge at you, rearing up its front legs.

But that’s too late.

You ignore the rest of the field as you charge forward- the grass, rocks, the trees behind the dinosaur- they don’t matter, as you single-mindedly focus your attention on your prey. Your charge eats up the distance between you and the dinosaur quickly, leaving you close enough to see the details of its eyes. Almost close enough to attempt a stab at it; you bring the twin pair of swords forward in preparation for your attack, changing into a reverse grip.

The triceratops brings its front down, aiming to skewer you on its multiple horns with the force of its charge. Lowering its head to the ground, it instantly accelerates from nothing to a speed that some humans could only hope to ever reach.

But you’re faster.

Jumping upwards, you leap straight up past the deadly implements on the dinosaur’s head. Bringing the twin swords downwards, straight upon the head of the creature, they sink in seamlessly. Its own momentum only certifies its doom, as they push the blades deeper inside. Undoubtedly, judging from the length impaled, the Triceratops is dead, for no animal could survive with its brain impaled like that.

Pushing off the hilts of the two jians, you complete a somersault midair, sailing straight over the creature and manage to land straight on the other side of the field. There’s no need for you to look behind to confirm your kill, as a large crashing sound confirms it.

Turning around, you see the triceratops lying down on its side, quickly vanishing off into pieces and bits of code that soon vanish from the sight of the Moon Cell’s virtual reality. It doesn’t make a sound as it leaves this world, its defeat being predetermined in that last, final charge. Your twin swords clatter to the ground, no longer supported by the body of the dinosaur.

All around you, the meadow remains pristine and untouched. The plains, you remember, still lie across the side of the cliff, while the forest surrounds you. Now, with the most immediate threat gone, a lot of options are open to you. The forest, the plains, the meadow- all seem equally inviting, in your search for a trigger.

Snax
February 3rd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

Ellestia had to change her evaluation of her enemy. Here he was, covered in grime and practically food for the worm (although it was dead now) - and yet he was calm, in control of the situation - and even carefree. Either he was the biggest retard in the Moon Cell, or he was far more dangerous than expected - or, this was all just another game to him.

Ellestia eyed him and his Servant, then looked at the trigger. It seemed most likely that she would only be able to retrieve it after a fight. The enemy Servant was quite simple-looking and composed, giving off a distinct feeling of wisdom that did not fit his looks. Even his class was quite obscure. The best bet would be Caster, but one could not be so sure.

While Ellestia was calculating, Saber took a step forward. Still in his full body armor that resembled a black beast, he and the enemy Servant made an interesting contrast of black vs white, overbearing vs composed.

"Quite the foe we have here, eh? I hope you can take a few hits and manage to stay upright, otherwise it would be boring."

Despite his taunts, Saber was being wary. As a seasoned warrior, he felt that his opponent was no pushover.

That moment, Ellestia held out her hand, silencing Saber. She had felt that some important information might be revealed from this meeting, especially if the enemy was such a easygoing person. She then deadpanned;

"Indeed, 'short time short see'. I do not understand your way of thinking, but this 'sidequest' seems to be more lucrative than expected, no?"

Brushing the backsides of her hands casually while dusting her now dirty gloves, she connected to the elements of flesh surrounding her, getting ready for contingencies. It was a long practiced, sneak trick of hers. Unless the opponent was a Mage far above her level, he would not know that she had started her magic - since nothing had happened apart from her brain starting to analyze components and prepare for code casting. Thus, she would have a speed advantage.

"So, how did you get stuck in this state?"

Blackdeath6031
February 3rd, 2012, 02:29 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath) (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/Dell19930/e656493439d630efa8e5160e40558900.jpg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Having gotten rid of the beast, Seishirou finally let his shoulders drop, relaxing. But as he was about to turn around to take his weapon, his alert body suddenly shoots up, hearing someone applauding. When he checked the direction of the source, he found nothing. No, not nothing, but rather the character whom he calls 'Onna Bushi', or Female Warrior.

"Finally. I was starting to get bored." The voice said, as bits of binary slowly formed a slender form, before being covered by vertices, faces and colour. Soon, a fully composed, clothed body (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/Dell19930/ffcea8d945103b1c19423de2a4aae665.jpg) was made as she approached the boy.

"Well then Lee," She smiled as Seishirou walked toward his blades, and picked up the white one, the black breaking into bits of 1's and 0's with an audible sound of shattering glass. "Where to now?"

The sword sheathed itself, then glowed white, turning into a simple mass of white before flying into Seishirou, vanishing. A bright yet gentle glow shone through his light-blue garb. The glow held a shape, however - one of a white phoenix with its wings spread out, one of which were coloured black. Red flame designs flowed downward from its feathers, as the glow slowly faded.

Having now left his hands empty, Seishirou turned toward his servant. "No idea yet, but seeing as the forest is the closest, shall we try seeking the trigger there? Who knows where it is, after all."

Spinach
February 3rd, 2012, 02:48 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

"Giant... chickens?" Asked Rider as he turned to face the four raptors approaching from behind him. Rider couldn't quite hide the surprise in his tone. He had expected the hostile programs in the Moon Cell to be outlandish, but not quite like this.

"No, no." Aaron said, eyes locked onto the raptor directly in front of him. "Achillobators, partner. They're a kind of raptor. They're dinosaurs."

"Achillobators. Achillo... bator." Said Rider, testing the word on his lips.

Around them the raptors cautiously approached. The creatures were pack hunters by nature, most likely making up for a lack of individual strength by working together as a group, and they moved forward in unison, showcasing their coordination and blocking all escape. Rider surmised that, were he and Aaron not an irregular form of prey, the pack would have already advanced and attacked them. But such a cautious approach wouldn't last long. Rider and Aaron were unfamiliar prey to the pack, but in truth, they looked far less intimidating than the raptors, and sooner or later the achillobators would deem them harmless and decide to proceed at their full speed.

"They're named after Achilles. Funny, isn't it?" Aaron said, stepping forward, and raising his rebar to point at the lone raptor. After the pathetic showing with Sabin he was more than eager to smack something upside the face, and the perfect target had just reared its head. "Let me have some fun this time, alright?"

"Fine, fine. But if you're about to die don't come crawling back to me." Rider took a step forward, and brought his arms up and waved them about, trying to catch the interest of the four. He watched as they directed their attention solely to him, and underneath his helmet he grinned. "Oh, I have a wonderful idea..."

"Montalban."

Rider's armor scattered, spreading into the surrounding air like dust on the wind, and fading from sight. Behind him a wall appeared, blocking Aaron from the sight of the four raptors. As the last remnants of his armor disappeared, Rider spun around in place, showing his defenseless back to the surrounding raptors.

In response to Rider the four quickened their pace, dashing to attack what they assumed to be defenseless prey.

A poor mistake on their part.

In an instant, Rider materialized his sword in his right hand, and dashed to his right, meeting the charge of one of the four raptors head on with speed that his armored self couldn't reach. As the gap between the two was closed Rider thrust his sword forward, straight into the mouth of the raptor. The sickening sound of punctured flesh and bone rang out as Rider's blade erupted out of the back of the raptors head, impaling it where it stood. Releasing his grip on his sword, Rider watched as the raptor teetered back and forth, loosing an anguished cry before falling to the ground with a large thud.

"One down..." Muttered Rider, turning to face the remaining raptors. The others slowed their advance, out of either fear or shock at the sight of their 'defenseless prey' felling one of their kin with a single attack, and Rider grinned at the sight, deciding to leave his sword lodged in the skull of his first victim, as some sort of sick warning to the others. Rider's eyes locked onto the raptor closest to him, to his left, and he kicked off with inhuman speed, raising a fist and preparing to strike the achillobator directly in the face.

"Three to go!"


v^v^v



Aaron watched the approaching achillobator with cautious eyes. He matched its pace, advancing slowly toward it, watching its every move.

"Hrungnir."

A bright flash appeared directly in front of the raptor, and a blue cube of electricity came into existence, hovering directly in front of the creature. Aaron planted his feet firmly into the grassy earth beneath him, rebar held firmly, and waited for the raptor to make a move.

Lycodrake
February 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Well. This was... in a word, your first time in the Arena was underwhelming. You don't know what you had expected but it wasn't this.

A grassland stretched out before you, an unbroken sea of green. If you had to compare it to anywhere, it would be... Nebraska. The gentle hills flowed around you, but were mostly small, barely worth mentioning as hills in favor of just a flow in the landscape. No obvious direction really presented itself: you were free to wander in any path you chose.

“…this looks absolutely boring, Stefan,” commented Lancer, now de-astralized, standing in front of him and to his right, gazing over the hills of green. Stefan shared the sentiment, but wasn’t sure what to do or where to go from going on. Looking over the expanse of grassy hills, he tried to think of which way to go.

His Servant spoke up again, “I think it would be best if we just got moving, the best thing for us to do right now is just go forward. If nothing else we are taking action that way, and not just waiting while nothing could happen.”

He had to agree with her on that, and nodded, motioning for her to walk at his side. The two of them walked forward, unsure what could or would lie ahead of them in their path.

SeiKeo
February 3rd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

Both of them started to closely inspect the enviroment for any clues, careful to not trigger a trap that the attacker may have left behind.

As you looked down, the projectiles faded into smoke, disappearing as if they had never been there. A traceless weapon... that was an issue. Well, not that great of one: it wasn't as if you were going to take them to a forensics lab or the like. But, it was still irritating.

Moving on, you began to search through the woods, trying to find evidence.


Luck roll -

And you found some.


- negative

Turning over a leaf, you found a small pin in the shape of a stylized sun, gold and valuable looking. The instant you glanced at it-

-It glared like its form, like the sun on earth, shining immeasurably bright. In reflex, you moved your hand in front of your eyes, protecting them, but it was too late: light was faster. Flaring, the image of the sun was still burnt onto your retina, impairing your vision even when you opened them.

Spent, the pin lay on the ground, having used up its magic.

SeiKeo
February 4th, 2012, 12:21 AM
James

I clear my throat. "Ah, well, that's who I am. It's good to meet another person here who's not all into fightin' right at the first word, y'know? I guess that means you're Demi Lacroix. Nice name, and it's nice to finally meet you." I shrug, and glance up at the ceiling for but an instant before I turn my gaze back, involuntarily, to Demi. "So, what's the order of the day, huh? Are we going to just fight now, or are you interested in exchanging more pleasantries? It's only the first day, after all." I give her a nod and smile.

"Oh, why fight now?" she purred back to you. "It's not as if we need to. Waste of good company." She made a motion towards the man at her back, who mumbled a word you could not understand or catch, but that you understood the minor power in nonetheless.

Part of the stone behind her suddenly rose, shaping itself into an elaborate chair. She leaned back, crossing a leg over the other, causing it to fall out of the dress and give you a view of olive skin all the way to her mid-thigh. Unconcerned with it, she kept talking. "So, James. Why are you here?"

It did not escape your notice that she had declined to have a chair made for you, nor that she was still higher up towards the stone plateau. Despite her willingness to talk, she still considered herself to have the upper hand, and she intended to reinforce that image.


Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

"So, how did you get stuck in this state?"

He scoffed, as if the answer was obvious. "I jumped, nah? 'S not that far."

One word described his statement: bullshit. While it wasn't a bad lie, you could tell that it wasn't the truth. It hadn't been that easy, nor was it that intentional. "But, we're here. The Objective-" he stabbed his finger upwards, "is here. I already have it, you don't. As Sun Tzu said, never let your enemy get the objective!"

That probably wasn't Sun Tzu. "So, we're gonna have to have it out. This stinky stomach is a pretty shitty place for epic battles, but at least the normal mapping is good. Whadaya wanna do for this?" His Servant's passive visage was broken by a flicker of annoyance. You could imagine. A hero of man, stuck with this kid. Brutal.

Five_X
February 4th, 2012, 01:04 AM
"Oh, why fight now?" she purred back to you. "It's not as if we need to. Waste of good company." She made a motion towards the man at her back, who mumbled a word you could not understand or catch, but that you understood the minor power in nonetheless.

Part of the stone behind her suddenly rose, shaping itself into an elaborate chair. She leaned back, crossing a leg over the other, causing it to fall out of the dress and give you a view of olive skin all the way to her mid-thigh. Unconcerned with it, she kept talking. "So, James. Why are you here?"

A magic stone chair, huh? Pretty boss, I'll admit.

I smirk and snap my fingers, waving my hand over a space of ground right in front of me. Out of pure ice I create a chair, subtle and soft, perfectly suited for my body and not-so-subtly similar to the one this lady is sitting in right now.

Brushing my fingers against it, the surface of the chair is biting cold, but as I sit down it becomes much more bearable, and I let out a small, satisfied sigh. It's good to be sitting down for once. Near me, Rider has sat down on his big trunk, using it as his own makeshift seat, but he's still wary of the situation, holding his big lever-action rifle in both hands.

"Questioning me already, huh?" I smile. I don't know what people of this strange future are like, but they're probably stuck up in some conflict or other. Always are. "Well, I'm here because I want to get home. One moment I was walking along in a field at night, then I was caught here, surrounded by all these magnificent pieces of technology. It's like something out of a Ray Bradbury book!" I really do have to stop and marvel at the world here. It's like what people have always been dreaming of back in my time.

I clear my throat, my attention turning back to Demi. "I was born in the year 1941, and I was abducted sometime around 1962 or so. I'm trying to get back to that time, 'cause that's when everything I know exists." I let out another sigh, this one more drawn out, dissatisfied. "That's me in a nutshell, really."

"Ah, but I know it's rude to keep talking about oneself in these sorts of situations." It is, you know. I'd like to keep this going for a while longer, at least. "So, now that I've told you about myself, what about you? You seem like a noble enough lady, and you're certainly... confident. Why are you here? Some Magic Association business? I'm not exactly sure what's going on with magi these days, but as far as I know the old rules are in place."

Snax
February 4th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

Laiania felt the lie - it grated against her feelings like granite on sandpaper. If it had been that easy, he would have at least saved his clothes or slick hair. This semi pro dude was losing more points in her book than she thought he could, albeit as a person. As a master, she couldn't calculate his ability yet - but seeing that he hadn't been able to sense her preparations he didn't seem to be a very high proficiency mage. More of a hacker than a fighter, he seemed.

Saber was getting visibly impatient, most likely due to the enemy master's yapping. Although his face was not visible, his fingers were clenching and unclenching on the handle of his cruel looking greatsword.

"If it's a fight you want, you're on. However, are you really fine with a place like this?"

Laiania grinned - she had fought in pits of mud and gore before, but she doubted her enemy was used to fighting dirty in more than one meaning. At her sign, Saber took up his sword and charged forward at the enemy Servant, while Laiania finished invoking her magic. Three pillars of hardened flesh not unlike the sandstone pillars she had tried making before burst out from the ground, sharpened at the end, aiming to penetrate the enemy Master's ribcage and riddle him into mincemeat. And that was just the beginning.

The digestive fluids of the worm were compressed into small spheres, and whizzed towards the semi pro as well. Small and quick as bullets, these were nearly unavoidable, yet they were harmless apart from the small impact they would do on hit, due to the fact that the enzymes were also decomposing due to the worm's death. They were more of a decoy, a trick. The bad lighting would help, since he would not be able to see the attacks easily. Best thing that could happen is the one of those got in his eye and blinded him for a while, or make him mad about his clothes - thinking about that, Laiania chuckled a bit. She would like to see that brat crying and yelling, getting mad at things - and lose that composed 'cool' attitude just for a moment.

Thinking about the possibilities, she drew a standard handgun and a combat knife, preparing to rush the enemy if needed.

I3uster
February 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Spent, the pin lay on the ground, having used up its magic.

Oh, great.

"Saber, I found something. And it impaired my vision..."
He slowly turned his head trying to see Saber in the edges of his field of vision, as most of it was blocked out by a light spot.

"This...this Master. Or his Servant. Whoever places this traps. He must be afraid of us, and what we stand for. Afraid of judgement! Are you alright, Master?"

"I can barely see anything. Just...just give me your hand, Saber. He has to be in the proximity somewhere, he wouldn't just place traps for the off-chance of getting us. Do you feel any presence nearby?"
Saber took Andreis left hand and replied: "Not right now, Master. Are you sure you want to continue to look...err, search for further traps in this area?"
"It's probably for the best. Just cover me, my vision should be back soon...hopefully. If we get attacked I'll just use another blessing....just pick up the pin and give it to me, Saber."

Saber continued to look for any traces of activity nearby, moving slowly to ensure that Andrei would not trip over something in the thick forest.

SeiKeo
February 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

A bright flash appeared directly in front of the raptor, and a blue cube of electricity came into existence, hovering directly in front of the creature. Aaron planted his feet firmly into the grassy earth beneath him, rebar held firmly, and waited for the raptor to make a move.

The creature cocked its head, weighing its chances against your metal bar and blue cube. Caution was evidently the order of the day when meeting with something unfamiliar. It shifted its weight from one foot to the other, looking uncertain.

You had forgotten one thing about raptors. They weren't stupid. They were pack hunters, with remarkably advanced tactics. As you stared into your enemy's eyes, a flash of movement in your peripheral vision caused you to turn.

Too late. One raptor of the pack had been hanging back in reserve, ready to ambush. With you occupied, it had seen its opportunity.

A few bounds of its massive legs had brought it straight into combat range as you were still turning, extending a foot. With a low strike, it swept the massive claw on its foot from the right of your hip to your knee, instantly destroying your leg.

As you fell, it fell with you, massive jaws and hands snapping at you. You probably had one opportunity before you lost your intestines and face.

SeiKeo
February 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

He had to agree with her on that, and nodded, motioning for her to walk at his side. The two of them walked forward, unsure what could or would lie ahead of them in their path.

After a few minutes of walking, you could hear a deep rumbling at the edges of your hearing. Like... an earthquake? Naaah. There are no earthquakes in Nebraska. Zero.

...okay, this wasn't really Nebraska, but the principle still held, right? There shouldn't be any earthquakes. But there was one, and it sounded like it was coming from behind you... and growing. You had some time to prepare for whatever it was.

Lycodrake
February 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


After a few minutes of walking, you could hear a deep rumbling at the edges of your hearing. Like... an earthquake? Naaah. There are no earthquakes in Nebraska. Zero.

...okay, this wasn't really Nebraska, but the principle still held, right? There shouldn't be any earthquakes. But there was one, and it sounded like it was coming from behind you... and growing. You had some time to prepare for whatever it was.
Turning around and facing the direction of the rumbling, both Stefan and Lancer tensed their bodies, though Stefan less so. Lancer quickly put her pole-axe in front of her, while also motioning to her Master with a nod of the head to move to a better spot. Stefan hesitated for a second, knowing that there was the possibility of whatever was causing the earthquake being larger than either of them could handle.

Lancer, sensing his apprehension over it, barked out, “Get your ass out of the way, Stefan! Do what you can and stop worry about me.” Stefan wanted to retort back, but decided against it…for now. With that he dashed to a few yards behind her, making sure to un-holster his weapon, while she braced herself for whatever was about to hit them.

SeiKeo
February 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning


The enemy Servant did not respond, simply clasping his hands behind his back. No... that was a response. It was just covert.

An incomprehensible word issued from his mouth, shaping the world as your pillars of flesh approached his Master. Rippling, their points dissipated into blunt, soft ends, no longer lethal.

He hadn't seen fit to null their momentum, however, nor did he care about your spheres. The pillars slammed into him at the same time as the bullets, throwing him back some feet onto the ground. Scrambling, he flopped his way behind his Servant, taking cover. Taking up a command position, you knew he would say.

The enemy had still only spoken one word: he had time. Behind his back, he made some kind of motion, one that you could not detect; no words accompanied it.

And as Saber charged, he suddenly came face to face with new enemies. Two embers of flame appeared in the air, and in an instant, grew to the size of a bonfire, before fading just as fast to reveal some kind of summons.

The beings stood seven feet in height, roughly in human form. Their skin was carbon black, as if scorched by unending flame for centuries. Both of them possessed the head of a lion, black as their skin, with eyes and mane made of true flame, goat horns protruding from above their eyes.

Each of them held a scimitar in one hand, with the other coated in the same flame as their eyes: flames of hell. They blocked Saber's path to the enemy Servant and Master, and you could tell that they were not trivial.

Snax
February 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (Arena, worm gizzard)

Ellestia smirked. The servant probably didn't like his Master to quite a degree, considering he could have just blocked her attacks in general instead of letting the momentum even reach his Master.

However, the two summoned beings were going to be annoying. Her gun and knife didn't seem appropriate for fighting whatever they were, thus she threw them back in her storage - instead, she pulled out a military shotgun, fully loaded with shells. She thus started shooting up the place, aiming at nowhere in particular - some bullets might have gone towards the enemy Servant and his summons, though. Bullets impacted on the worm's dead tissue, tearing through flesh and releasing more fluids into the dank battlefield.

While Laiania was doing her stuff, Saber looked at the summons and calculated their size and weapons. Of course, he didn't think they would be able to block his path, but they still seemed not to be small fry. He took up a defensive stance, in order to wait and see what they were capable of. In the meanwhile, he prepared to activate his Noble Phantasm if needed.

While Saber was waiting, Laiania had finished her preparations. She had already analyzed the area, thus she knew where all her bullets had landed. Taking control of all of them, she then threw them at the enemy Master and Servant duo, a multidirectional attack from all sides. At least the servant would have to block this time, or let the Master suffer a few injuries.

Actually, Laiania thought the Servant may want his Master to receive a good thrashing, albeit not to the death.

Elyrin
February 4th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Naomi

As Naomi had expected, the boy brushed off her first comment and quickly left. No matter. Young as he was, he would find himself reduced to uselessness before the end of the week. Of course, the boy's Servant could still be quite troublesome, depending on their identity. Her own was not someone who could be called a prime example of a Heroic Spirit, after all.

That may be right, Master, but I'm not exactly helpless either. Do you really need to do this to a young boy?

Mmmm. Probably not, Rider, but this is a war. I'll take every advantage I can get, and if I manage to get rid of that personality along the way, all the better for us. If we're exceptionally lucky, we might be able to avoid ever fighting directly at all, but I wouldn't bet on it. Now, let's catch up to him. Be ready.

Quickly, Naomi moved to catch up to the blue-haired boy. It wasn't too difficult to pass him and block his path, and if he wanted to push past, so be it.

"Now, now, let's not be so hasty." This time, her voice was more forceful, even as she met Shinji with a glowing smile. The boy would be listening soon enough. "Tell me, how do you already know our duel will end with your victory? What makes you think my hero cannot defeat yours? If you have called forth a great champion or a hero of an ancient epic, please, say so now. It would be easier to surrender and try my hand with the Losers' bracket than waste effort on an impossible foe."

Obvious trickery, of course, and nothing even a weak-witted Master would fall for, but the words themselves did not matter. What did matter was how long she could keep prodding at him, trying to wear down his defenses.

SeiKeo
February 5th, 2012, 01:15 AM
.

"Ah," she says, relaxing, "1941. Such a good year. The Eastern Front was good for work." As you go on, she laughs. "The Association wishes I did their business, that they did. Regrettably for them, I'm not really interested in helping. Neither them, or the Church, or the WEC. But, magi..." She frowns.

"I suppose I wouldn't expect you to know this, being in the situation you're in. But, here's what's happened. For whatever reason, magic is dead. Some twist in the World, or an error in the Root, either way, prana has vanished, and with it most old magecraft. The Association is still around, but it's more of an Old Boys Club than a magical alliance. ATLAS and the Church are lucky, since they're not so dependent on prana. Long story short, no rules anymore: we've all been playing it fast, loose, and brutal."

"As for me... shall we say personal reasons? I can't say it's to change the world or anything, really. So, you just want to go home..." Touching a finger to her lips, she began to think.

Five_X
February 5th, 2012, 01:30 AM
James Hawthorne


"Ah," she says, relaxing, "1941. Such a good year. The Eastern Front was good for work." As you go on, she laughs. "The Association wishes I did their business, that they did. Regrettably for them, I'm not really interested in helping. Neither them, or the Church, or the WEC. But, magi..." She frowns.

"I suppose I wouldn't expect you to know this, being in the situation you're in. But, here's what's happened. For whatever reason, magic is dead. Some twist in the World, or an error in the Root, either way, prana has vanished, and with it most old magecraft. The Association is still around, but it's more of an Old Boys Club than a magical alliance. ATLAS and the Church are lucky, since they're not so dependent on prana. Long story short, no rules anymore: we've all been playing it fast, loose, and brutal."

"As for me... shall we say personal reasons? I can't say it's to change the world or anything, really. So, you just want to go home..." Touching a finger to her lips, she began to think.

Magic's dead, huh? It should be something shocking, like the death of an old friend, but I hardly feel a thing. I guess this virtual world has numbed me to a lot of what I remember, perhaps.

"Hm. Are the big names in the MA still around? The El-Mellois, the Barthomelois, the von Einzberns, the Edelfelts, and the like? Can't imagine any of them could've taken that all too well. Though, of course, this place is where they'd naturally head. The chance at any wish, and a place where they can freely replicate old magecraft... I imagine plenty of those old money families will have a stake in this. My family's old, but not too famous, not too big of a name. Can't say I've ever heard of Lacroix, though." The name lingered on my tongue for a while. It made me think of how much had changed from what I remember.

"Personal reasons, huh?" I let out a small laugh as my lips form into a smile. "Well, in the end we all really have personal reasons for being here. Though, I guess this information has put a lot of things into consideration - I remember quite clearly when magic was still around on the Earth, and learning all of this... I've definitely got to wonder about what's happening with people, both in this Moon Cell and outside of it."

Spinach
February 5th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Aaron Thorson
Day One, Week One
Morning

Lots of things went through Aaron's mind as he fell to the ground.

Aaron had expected a fun trash mob encounter out of these raptors. He had expected it to be fairly simple. Maybe he would take some damage, use some MP, the usual, but not this. He hadn't expected an ambush set by the hostile programs of the Moon Cell. He hadn't expected to completely lose any function from one of his legs by a sneak attack.

But the one thing he had least expected was the pain. The pain was so realistic that he had to fight back the urge to scream. And the only reason he was able to fight back that urge to scream was because screaming wasn't in his best interests. Screaming would just hasten his demise, something that was as far from his best interests as you could get.

And so, instead of thinking of the pain, he thought about SURVIVING. Obviously, he was too damaged now to even dream of fighting two of these things. Not alone, at least. Rider was just on the other side of that wall, doing god only knows what to those poor raptors. There really was only one option left. Swallow his pride and ask for help from Rider. Aaron hoped that his Servant was only joking when he said "if you're about to die don't come crawling back to me."

But there was another, more immediate problem than getting Rider's help...


As you fell, it fell with you, massive jaws and hands snapping at you. You probably had one opportunity before you lost your intestines and face.

Aaron swung his rebar forward as fast as he could, jamming it into the eye of the offending raptor. As the metal rod made contact with the raptor's orifice a burst of electricity shot out of the shaft, sending electric shocks dancing over the raptor's face, singing its skin and causing it to recoil back, if only for a second. More than enough time to issue an order.

'Help.'


v^v^v




Rider's punch connected perfectly, and he heard the sound of breaking bones accompany the impact. The raptor swayed back and forth, dazed, and Rider frowned at the sight.

"Not nearly good enough. If you falter after a weak punch like that you'll never be worthy of being my mount." Rider closed in again, moving to the side of the raptor, and grasped the raptor's head firmly in his two hands. Rider placed one hand on top of the snout of the achillobator, and tightly grasped the lower jaw of the raptor with his other hand. "You just didn't make the cut." Said Rider as he pulled the jaw of the raptor down with all of his strength, completely overpowering its flimsy attempts to resist him.

Rider heard a snapping sound as the jaw finally broke, and he felt all resistance fade. Then, to ensure the finality of the kill, Rider adjusted his grip, placing his hands on the neck of the creature, and twisted. Soon, another pop was heard, and the beast was dead. Rider could see now that of the remaining raptors one was now proceeding much slower than before, and another had halted its advance completely, and he locked eyes with it.

"Coward. You will be ne-"

'Help.'

With a frown, the Servant directed his eyes to the wall that separated himself from his Master, and dropped the structure. What he saw caused him to frown even further. Without another word the knight dashed forward to save his Master, wrenching his sword out of the skull of the first raptor he slew as he ran.


v^v^v




Not nearly as stunned by Aaron's attack as he had expected, the raptor quickly regained its momentum, and came bearing down on him again. Aaron rolled aside as quickly as he could with his injury, narrowly avoiding having his throat bitten by the achillobator. He did not however dodge the claws of the creature, which raked along his shoulder while he rolled away, mangling him.

Aaron clenched his teeth tightly at the sensation, bottling up the urge to yell out in pain. As soon as his roll ended he whipped around, rebar prepared to strike, and paused.


v^v^v




Rider closed the distance between Aaron and himself as fast as possible, arriving just as Aaron avoided an attack aimed for his neck that would have been surely fatal. With the beast too occupied with Aaron to notice his approach, it was simple for the Servant to decapitate the raptor, and that he did. With a swift strike aimed for the raptor's long neck, Rider ended the life of the achillobator, and looked down to Aaron, scowling.

"I believe I said not to come crawling back to me if you're about to die?"

"Not my fault. Dinosaur snuck up on me. Wasn't a fair fight." Aaron said through grit teeth, trying to stand again and failing miserably as he spoke. His leg was far too damaged at the moment for him to right himself, let alone walk.

"You should expect pack hunters like these to use tactics like that, Aaron." Said Rider in a harsh, scolding tone. He darted his eyes around his surroundings, checking the status of the battle. Three dead raptors, three remaining. One looked as if it was about to flee, another was seriously unnerved, and another was inspecting one of his Master's codecasts, which Rider admit looked rather comical.

"They're dinosaurs. Am I supposed to expect them to be smart or something?" Aaron asked, following Rider's eyes. The raptor beside the Hrungnir cube seemed to be feeling rather bold, and reached out to bite it, almost curiously. What followed was a small burst of electricity shocking its tongue, and annoying the creature greatly. Aaron surmised that the damage the attack had done was probably negligible, but the creature was no doubt angry now, as it turned and began to advance toward Rider and Aaron even faster than before.

"We'll talk later. Stay put and don't die."

Aaron felt a gust of wind to his side as Rider kicked off, heading to meet the raptor directly. Around him, three castle walls rose, forming a triangle pattern, and completely blocking him off from the rest of the raptors.

"..."


v^v^v




Rider rose three walls around Aaron as he dashed off to meet the charge of the raptor. After this battle ended he would thoroughly lecture Aaron on understanding and preparing for ambushes and other underhanded tactics, but for now he needed to focus on the enemies before him.

The raptor charged forward, mouth ajar, prepared to lunge forward and sink its teeth into his flesh. But Rider would be having none of that. The Servant swiftly dashed to the left, bringing his sword up and swinging forward in a perfect horizontal slash. The blade traveled directly into the raptor's mouth, and straight down its neck, splitting the length of the achillobator's neck in two.

Rider retracted his blade as it struck the base of the neck, and watched the beast fall to the ground lifelessly.

"Two more."

Without so much as a second glance at the creature, Rider turned, making his way back to the other two raptors. As he made his way around the walls meant to defend Aaron, he saw a rather interesting sight.

The first raptor, the one who had still continued his advance after seeing Rider's display of strength, was hissing and growling menacingly at the second raptor, the one that had stopped completely. Rider couldn't understand what was being said, but he assumed that the first raptor was angry with the second one for being a coward. A fair reason to be angered, Rider thought. Were he not concerned about his Master's safety he would have watched the scene play out, but every second spent watching this was a second that Aaron spent in possible danger.

Rider took a step forward, slamming his feet into the ground, and calling the attention of the two bickering raptors. The two quickly turned to face him, and Rider prepared himself for the inevitable dual assault from the raptors. The first raptor, upon seeing Rider, hissed loudly, released a furious growl, and charged at Rider. However, the second raptor merely froze, looking as if it would rather flee than fight Rider. Rider pondered that perhaps the only force keeping the creature from outright running away was that the Moon Cell had programmed it to attack Masters and Servants, and the creature was currently fighting with the desire to live and the order to attack.

Rider had no respect for such cowardice.

"Coward. Avenge your kin, or die trying."

At last the second raptor charged, and Rider made his decision. He kicked off, meeting the cowardly beast. The Servant whipped to the side of the raptor, and thrust his sword forward, directly into its lung. The creature shrieked in pain, and whipped its neck around, trying to bite at the Servant. Rider ripped his blade out of the creature, and directed another thrust directly into its brain, ending the raptor's life.

Behind him, Rider heard the sound of the first raptor closing in on him fast. Dematerializing his sword, the Servant turned to face the final raptor.

"For being brave enough to still face me, I will offer you this test. Survive, and you'll be worthy of being my mount." Said Rider as he dashed forward, first raised. Rider's fist traveled through the air, and connected with the face of the creature. Though Rider had called this a 'test', he had no intention of killing the creature. After all, he had never mounted such a fascinating creature before, and the great knight simply couldn't resist the temptation.

The raptor recoiled at the attack, dazed, but quickly recovered. Rider gave a toothy smile at the tenacity of the creature, and as it charged back at him he caught it by the jaws. Slowly, Rider forced the creature's jaws shut, dodging any attempt by the raptor to force him away with its claws. A few times the creature managed to rake its claws over his chest, but he ignored the pain, as it was of no concern to him. As the beast began to flail less and less, seemingly tiring out, Rider swung over to its side, hands still clasping its jaw shut, and leapt up onto its back. With a grin he slapped the raptor upside the face, releasing its jaws, and laughed.

"Hah! Let's see if you can resist me, creature!"

Ace
February 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Yukari nodded. "Thanks for the directions! Oh, and good luck with your match! Maybe we'll see each other in the second round!" With that, she ran off. You waited until she was out of sight before you continued your trip to your base. She headed in the direction you gave her but if she wanted to she could double back and start following you again. It didn't seem likely as no matter how hard you tried you couldn't hear footsteps following you.

Finally, you entered the grand church, a fitting base for your faction. It was mostly empty save for a few of your comrades exchanging information and Sister Knight Alagebrae, the leader of your faction. You approach her, giving her a polite greeting before getting down to business.

"Jane Xiemburg? I haven't heard anything about her," she said. "I'll see if I can get some information on your opponent but we have many agents asking for help. Is there anything else you need?"


Emanres Umodna Rasti [IRUN]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Without further ado, you passed the threshold into a beautiful lush green forest. The trees were ginormous, almost the size of skyscrapers. You were so tiny compared to these trees.... what would happen if one of them fell? Nothing you had to worry about though, they seemed sturdy. Although if a large creature impacted against one of these it might begin to fall but that didn't seem very likely.

You admired your surroundings before deciding to head off in a direction of your choosing. This place was oddly realistic, you could see tiny little insects moving about. There weren't any signs of other humans or your opponent. How disappointing.

You continued your walk until ....

a high pitched roar pierced the silence of the forest.

It was far too close for comfort, you whirled in the direction of the noise. Two dinosaurs were duking it out, one (http://csotonyi.com/Gorgosaurus02.jpg) had a clear advantage over the other (http://www.dinosaurfact.net/Pictures/Centrosaurus.jpg).

This was your chance! Before they noticed you... what would you do? Fight or flight?


Tanaka Atsuko [Terminator]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

After acquiring a few supplies and some banter you make it to the door leading to the arena. You don't take note of it, what concerns you is what lies inside.

You enter and are immediately hit by a fresh spring breeze. There was something different about it though... then you saw the pristine lake far to the right. Trees of all sizes surround you, none of them exceeding the height of what a tree should be. In a different section of the arena you can see trees the size of skyscrapers.

It's breathtaking, a sight like this is only possible in the Mooncell.

A loud sqwak drew your attention from your surroundings to the sky where a winged creature flew. It glanced down at you before flying off and sqwaking again. It came back and circled above your head as if mocking you. It was beyond your reach but maybe there was a way to get at it? The trees were very tall, if you climbed one of them you could reach its height and try to fight that bird.

If only that plan didn't sound more than a little stupid and far too much work for one bird. The bird wasn't anything but an annoyance at the moment, what was the harm in leaving it alone?

Now, which direction did you want to head in? The lake was beautiful but those monstrous trees to the left were certainly interesting too.


Naomi [Elyrin]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Tell me, how do you already know our duel will end with your victory? What makes you think my hero cannot defeat yours? If you have called forth a great champion or a hero of an ancient epic, please, say so now. It would be easier to surrender and try my hand with the Losers' bracket than waste effort on an impossible foe."

Shinji scowled at you. "Of course I summoned a great hero! Who do you think I am?" he replied fiercely. "Heh, I'm glad you came to your senses though. There's no need to fight when the outcome is obvious!"

RacingeR
February 5th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Even for someone like Ulysses, this was ridiculous.

It was like someone had tore through the Moon Cell’s protections with such a savagery that the hacker had not even bothered to bring back most protections, or to even cover his trail. The Moon Cell had a protection to avoid these kind of things, after all. It was a scary thing, that not even the best hackers you could think of would try to defy. After all, the risk of being slapped with a penalty was incredibly high.

No, this guy had somehow used a program to disable the protection in the whole quadrant where you stood, and had basically flooded the system with uncountable malicious programs. It was pure, reckless destruction, and that reminded you of the man in the blob of darkness you had seen before. It just... resembled him, somehow, with his aura of pure, insane malice, and the sensation of evil that seeped from his hidden form.

Screwing around with the Triggers was something incredibly hard even for the most skilled, so the guy, instead of switching the parameters, had created a program with a code unknown to you to jam the trigger out of view. It was nothing really otherworldly, but it would take some minutes to crack it and break the Trigger free.

Meanwhile...

Sarah laughed with her strange laugh. The beautiful girl had somehow managed to take Caster’s words as a compliment, and seemed prepared to do something, however...

“I am sorry for interrupting, ladies. However, I have some questions to ask of thee of the unknown class...”

“Probably a Caster.” Muttered Will, having managed to recover somewhat from his crying fit earlier, but still looking like he couldn’t understand in what kind of situation his Servant had dragged them. In response, he received a severe stare from Rider.

“Don’t judge from appearance alone, young Master. Caster is not the only class that may allow usage of magic.” After reprimanding the boy, Rider turned towards Caster yet again. “I am sorry, but I must ask about the Servants thou have found so far. In turn, I will share information about those I saw this day. Anything that can help me stop the useless fights in this damnable Arena will be really helpful.”



Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

The first raptor is smashed backwards when it attacks, and is sent far away. Saber’s other hand presses on the mouth of the dinosaur trying to bite its head off, and squeezes until a cracking sound is heard, before finally sending its screaming body flying in the air.

And then, in a single moment, you finish him off with a spectacular uppercut that destroys a part of the body upon impact, gruesome noises reaching your ears with a final wail of the raptor, that falls on the floor some meters apart, dead.

The six raptors left, including the third one that had been attacking you, retreat back and regroup, completely ignoring Louis existence, luckily for him. Those monsters would have been a real problem for a Master, even more with their numbers, but as for now, they were being out-monstered by the strange man, and their attention turned only to him.

Like a single one, the six raptors let out a eardrum-shattering roar, and charged forward to their enemy.

[You are free to do whatever you wish with the raptors.]



Leinhart von Einzbern [Twelveseal]
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

“Well, I have no problems with those conditions, myself. After all, this is far from a formal alliance, as of now. We are just a pair of collaborators who hold abilities and skills that can be mutually beneficial. An official alliance with the Einzberns is interesting, but too early. Trust me, getting the WEC in your trail is a pain in the ass, so you are better off not having Julius Harway trying to sniff your butt.” Saying that, Eifeel took something out of his coat’s pockets, and gave it to you.

It was a cellphone, looking very common in comparison to all the marvelous technology you had seen in the Moon Cell. “I’ll call you tomorrow with information about that Mine of yours. Ah, and before I forget it...” He also puts photos of Tohsaka Rin in a skimpy bikini on the table. He was not joking about that.

“Well now, I have some things to do, contact agents I haven’t contacted yet, etc...” The redhead sighs. “Damnit, Demi, at least you could have taken the trouble to contact NURI before skipping to the damn Arena...” Grumbling all the while, Eifeel gets up from his seat.

“See ya around, Leinhart. I am pretty sure our association will be fruitful.” With a simple wave of his hand, he disappears from sight within the multitude of NPCs. All the evidence of his presence are the cellphone, the photos, and the tea resting at the table.

And that is when you realize that you will be paying for his tea, too.

Bloble
February 5th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

I know that Saber is fully capable of destroying these creatures with his bare hands. It is why I told him not to use weapons, after all. And so far he's been playing around with them, not even having trouble.

As expected from the Servant I summoned. But this is taking too long. I do not wish to stay in this damned jungle any longer than I have to.

"Saber." I say clearly. "This is getting boring. Finish it quickly."

Saber, who's currently assessing the situation, AKA 6 hungry raptors charging at him, frowns and replies. "I'll need about a minute to take care of these, Master. Won't be too long."

"Unacceptable. You have five seconds to kill them all." Saber is holding back, I know it. The Servant I summoned could easily destroy such creatures quicker than that.

"Master, that's slightly more difficult to do with my bare hands. I can't hit more than one at once, and I have to go for killing blows, which is a not as easy as it seems against non human creatures." Saber complains, but I know he's just faking it. He could destroy these things in five seconds easily, yet he's challenging me on purpose.

...well, I don't really like reptiles, so I suppose I could let him have his way this once.

"Very well. Saber, you may use a weapon, but you may make only one strike with it. You have one second." This is my compromise. I don't want to waste time here, so I'll just get this over with.

Saber grins, and stretches out his right hand. "Gladly, Master."

The air in front of his hand glows as his weapon of choice materializes. When I asked him why he used such a weapon, he said that in life it never once failed him. I can see now exactly why.

http://images.wikia.com/berserk/images/1/1b/Dragonslayercolour.jpg

That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron. It was not something that a human could carry. No, if I had to I would call it a weapon that could never be wielded. Something meant for killing, that would never be carried by anyone. Because if you could use this weapon, you would not be human anymore.

Saber easily lifts it into the sky with one hand. To him, this weapon is something familiar, something that has been by his side for all of his life. It's never once failed to cut that which it is brought to bear against. The ultimate weapon.

The raptors charge, unafraid of Saber and his over sized sword. He grins, and enters a stance ready to slash at any time. One strike, and he will kill all 6 of them. Truly, with this sword such a thing is possible.

The charge, and Saber moves. They scream, and he roars an inhuman battle cry that rips through the air.

A second passes, and the two opposing sides have switched places. Saber is on the other side of the Raptors, and they are where he used to be. For an instant the scene is pressed into my mind. A picture of strength. A picture of a hero slaughtering his opponents.

The raptors fall apart. Each has been slashed in two by Saber, in a single slice that my eyes could not catch. His sword is suddenly covered in blood, and curiously it looks even more dangerous like that. A single strike, 6 kills. He took my impossible request and turned it into reality.

The ridiculous sword fades away into golden dust, returning to Saber until it needs to be summoned again. It is done.

Saber walks back to me, and stretches out his hand. "Are you alright, Master?" He asks me.

I take his hand, and he yanks me up. I stumble but quickly regain my balance. "My shirt is ruined." I manage to say, and he laughs.

"Shirts are overrated! Take that thing off, Master! I'm sure the ladies will be all over your bare chest!"

"There are no ladies here that I am aware of."

"What about that lovely maid? She was itching to get your clothes off last time we met!"

Damn it. Whenever I feel that I can tolerate Saber he goes and starts acting like a fool again. No, I'll never be able to get along with this idiot!

"...shut up. We're going after the Trigger."

Together we set off into the forest, going towards that volcano at Saber's suggestion. I don't particularly care, but I sigh as I realize that it's about to get even hotter.

...I end up taking off my shirt and throwing it away 5 minutes later.

Satehi
February 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Deciding that the forest would be the best bet for your search for a trigger, you leave the clearing before you.

Walking through rather spacious distribution of the trees, you notice that the Moon Cell has spared no small expense in capturing the identity of the forest. The sound of small insects, scurrying about their virtual lives, the crunch of the rocks beneath your feet, the scent of the wilderness, the faint sound of the rush of water and the rough texture of the forest, they are all imitations without flaw. Nothing particularly stands out to you as a clue to the whereabouts of the trigger.

Venturing deeper into the forest, your promenade is cut short when a-no, several- large thumping noises appear. Looking around the forest, you can only catch glimmers of your opponents through the foliage that surrounds you- they are colored a dirty brown, which has the effect of making them partially blend in with their environment.

From what you can see, your evasive opponents are a decent bit shorter then you, but they’re clearly well adjusted to the forest environment and are very long- over 4 meters in length, you estimate.

Being close to a rather thick tree helps to reduce to space that you have to watch out for your opponents- probably 2 or 3, but it doesn’t help you pinpoint their location, with all the rustling of the leaves and the constant movement. You could try a preemptive attack or keep waiting there.

Then again, there’s another avenue available to you here- the tree. You could try climbing up and breaking the canopy- from what you can tell, your opponents would have no way of scaling the tree at all, as they don’t seem to possess long enough arms. Still, what could await you up at the top of the tree…?

Blackdeath6031
February 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

The noises alert me, and I stop dead in my tracks. Glancing at her, Rider nods and vanishes.
As she does, my tattoo glows and flies out, forming the white Jian from earlier.

Its no point hiding if they already know we're here. But not knowing where exactly we are, we might have a slight advantage.

With that, I activate the same spell from earlier and also vanish from view, only leaving my footprints.

Question is, how do we attack when they arrive...
While retaining this form, I look around for any other props I could make use of.

Five_X
February 6th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Magic's dead, huh? It should be something shocking, like the death of an old friend, but I hardly feel a thing. I guess this virtual world has numbed me to a lot of what I remember, perhaps.

"Hm. Are the big names in the MA still around? The El-Mellois, the Barthomelois, the von Einzberns, the Edelfelts, and the like? Can't imagine any of them could've taken that all too well. Though, of course, this place is where they'd naturally head. The chance at any wish, and a place where they can freely replicate old magecraft... I imagine plenty of those old money families will have a stake in this. My family's old, but not too famous, not too big of a name. Can't say I've ever heard of Lacroix, though." The name lingered on my tongue for a while. It made me think of how much had changed from what I remember.

"Personal reasons, huh?" I let out a small laugh as my lips form into a smile. "Well, in the end we all really have personal reasons for being here. Though, I guess this information has put a lot of things into consideration - I remember quite clearly when magic was still around on the Earth, and learning all of this... I've definitely got to wonder about what's happening with people, both in this Moon Cell and outside of it."

She slides a lock of hair behind her ear with a couple elegant fingers, as if to show that she's not tense at all.

"Oh, most of them are still around: they had assets aside from magic, of course. Quite a few of them are in here, as it turns out. There's at least one Barthomeloi running around, and I would be rather surprised if the others weren't here. I /would/ be surprised if you had heard of me. My family is... small, and doesn't take much action. As for what's happening, well, not much good. Germany, after quite a few decades, de facto won World War Two, gaining corporate dominance over Europe and much of the world. Lots of other stuff. If you wanted to know anything in particular...?" Demi leans back in her chair, a casual pose to show that she wants James to talk. It's at this point that James really notes how important body language is to how she communicates, and he certainly has nothing against paying close attention to the small movements she makes as she speaks.

James narrowed his eyes. He wasn't entirely hostile towards this woman, no, but... he certainly was suspicious. "If you're not part of the Mage's Association, you don't work for the Church or Atlas, and you seem to dislike WEC, then what side are you on? It's not like I'm aligned with any of them - or, really that I even care what those people are doing - but you're definitely well versed in contemporary politics. You're probably not just a bystander like me, are you?" He drove the conversation forward, leaning slightly.

"Mmmm, I guess I'm not a bystander, no. I prefer to think of myself as a free agent, dedicated to doing... whatever I want." She had a slight smile on her face, as if concealing something. "Right now, 'whatever I want' happens to be tearing down the WEC: really, their leadership is irritating to me. Wait - not leadership as in governance, but their Board of Directors: they're annoying. Plus, it gives me something to do - I'd be terribly bored otherwise. The years get to you." She made her objective clear as daylight, but left the reasoning behind what she did vague. James knew that this couldn't be the result of just being bored; no one dedicated themselves to tearing some group down just because they were bored, or it struck their fancy.

He thought of prying further, but decided against it, not wanting to be too rude in this situation. Instead, he thought up something that would very possibly take her off guard, especially in their situation. "It... sounds terribly inappropriate for the situation we're in, and honestly I have to wonder why this idea came to me, but... well, could you use some help? I mean, I'm all for ending this group you're fighting against, since your side seems to be the one that makes the most sense. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? Well, even though you are technically my enemy, too, but this is a different case. I'm guessing you have at least a few people you 'work' with, or some acquaintances? I mean, there's no way that one person in this age is going to bring down a whole worldwide organization, so you either have help or need it... or both, of course." He thought that was sound and logical and rested his back in his chair, trying to mask his excitement at wondering how she would react.

Demi's expression was deadpan. "Do I need the help?" She raises an eyebrow, barely holding back a wry smile. "The question is whether you need the help, I think. You're stuck in a place that you don't know, in an entirely unfamiliar situation. Meanwhile, I know everything that goes on in this Cell; I'm established within the system of the world to a great degree. But, that's not to say you would be useless. So, you're from the '50s. What skills do you have that makes up for your, well, lack of ability with the current era? Sell me on you." She cradled her chin in one hand, gazing down at James from her seat, intrigued.

Taking in a deep breath, James readied himself to try to explain why he would be an asset to this woman who seemed so businesslike yet at the same time so casual.

"Oh ho? Telling my enemy about my abilities, huh? Tough call, but I guess I'll go with it. To start off, you have to remember that I'm not just a guy brought over form the Fifties. I'm technically an anomaly in the system, and really have a few ways of getting around things that aren't available to most other people. For one, I don't need to do any of this hacking or code manipulation or whatever it is. My abilities can't really be altered by powerful hackers, and I can create things, somehow, that exist "outside" of the Moon Cell. For example, earlier today I cooked a meal for myself, better than some of the stuff you can buy from the store. No cost, just cooked it up. Then, later, I fought one of those big pterodactyls and 'created' some rope in my hands to tie myself to the thing as it flopped all the way to the ground." James silently notes that Demi is nodding as he lists off his strengths, her expression showing approval. "Naturally, I can't make anything seriously complex - I could make a knife or a pair of glasses, but I couldn't make a gun or a full meal. For the latter, I just "make" the ingredients, and cook it. In other words, with what I can do, I'm a pretty solid defence against the powerful hackers you might encounter within the Moon Cell." He winked and gave her a smile. "Plus, I'm a pretty skilled guy, I'm fun to be around, and I've got plenty of regular skills. I can cook, sew, do magecraft, fight with my hands, fight with a knife, fight with a gun, make friends, play a role, act, disguise myself, scout - you name it, probably do it. That enough for you?"

He let out a long, silent sigh, waiting almost literally on the edge of his seat for Demi's reply. He knew that it was this that would make or break the next week for him. He had to impress her now, or resign himself to just being her foe, and nothing more. After all, while he certainly wanted to help her out, seeing her cause as just and worth supporting, Demi absoutely was beautiful, and James wasn't at all going to ignore that.

Mellon
February 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

So. Lancer had seemingly retrieved the Trigger without any issues from the screeching reptiles that circled the branches. Good. Moon Cell programming had it's peculiar quirks, but by and large, the main interface was uncannily similar to what was used down in the "real world", and therefore relatively malleable to manipulation. At least some aspects of it. Now, while getting the trigger seemingly went smoothly, they had drawn at least some attention.

"Lancer, I think there is someone watching us. Can you sense them?"

A slight grunt was all he got for a reply, followed by a brief period of silence from the Servant.

"Down there, near the base of the tree. A tad to the left, in near the bushes, trying to keep to the shadows. I cannot sense the Servant properly. I can vaguely tell his location, but he probably has some way to avoid my detection. Assassin most likely. Or perhaps a Noble Phantasm of some sort. And there are two more approaching from the west."

"I see."

Lancer vanished from the treetop in a whirl of crimson wind, choosing to move through the branches in Spirit Form to avoid the irritating climb down. Alistair on the other hand was pondering about the two newcomers. Since he had no knowledge of his opponents, it was quite possible that these two were this... Lankuruun and his or her Servant. But even if it was, it was hardly in his nature to attack, before identifying his opponents. Feeling their eye on him once more, Alistair gave a friendly wave to the hidden pair and addressed the hidden Servant beside him.

"Shall we go then, Lancer?"

And Alistair casually stepped off the branch he was on, more then 80 meters above the ground. For a brief second, it seemed as if he would plummet down to earth, but then, for a brief second, a single string of code could be seen flowing out from his sleeves. And in response to this, Alistair's speed dropped considerably allowing him to float down to the ground, gently landing on the ground.

Taking a couple of steps towards the hidden pair, he stopped in the middle of the clearing below the tree. Feeling the other two newcomers arrive as well, he addressed everyone in the clearing. His eyes took in the two that had appeared and slid over the pair shrouded in darkness, before his face bloomed into a welcoming smile.

"Well met, my friends. My name is Alistair. Alistair Hemmington. Now, is there something I can do for all you lovely gentlemen on this fine and lovely day? Or have you come for a cup of tea perhaps?"

SeiKeo
February 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


The low earthquake rumble resolves itself into a clearer symphony: not a singular source, but an amalgamation of individual drumbeats, hammering as one body. And, staring out at a distant line of hills, the wave crested.

The reason for the sound of an earthquake became obvious. Like Nebraska, these plains were filled with massive, roaming herds of creatures. But these were far mightier than the American Bison.

The massive creatures are easily the size of buses, thirty feet long and ten feet high. Immense muscles propel their massive bulk forward like a battering ram: an apt comparison, given their head.

Behind their skulls was a massive crest of bone, the size of a human shield. Flaring back, it would block any frontal attack, making it possible for them to attack with the three spires of bone protruding from their 'eyebrows' and nose.

Triceratops. An entire stampeding herd of them, set in a massive charge.

At the edges of your hearing, you could hear a mechanical roar in addition to the drumbeat of feet. But that was merely a curiosity. The bigger issue was that the herd was coming straight for you.



Saber continued to look for any traces of activity nearby, moving slowly to ensure that Andrei would not trip over something in the thick forest.

Again, nothing. Somehow, your attackers had vanished into thin air, like they were shadows. You could find a few footprints from where a man had seemingly stood, but they were so rare that you could not tell anything about his body type. Were they done harassing you? Quite possibly. Or, it could be the opposite. Regardless, nothing had happened. The forest was as unchanged as ever.

Lycodrake
February 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Morning


The low earthquake rumble resolves itself into a clearer symphony: not a singular source, but an amalgamation of individual drumbeats, hammering as one body. And, staring out at a distant line of hills, the wave crested.

The reason for the sound of an earthquake became obvious. Like Nebraska, these plains were filled with massive, roaming herds of creatures. But these were far mightier than the American Bison.

The massive creatures are easily the size of buses, thirty feet long and ten feet high. Immense muscles propel their massive bulk forward like a battering ram: an apt comparison, given their head.

Behind their skulls was a massive crest of bone, the size of a human shield. Flaring back, it would block any frontal attack, making it possible for them to attack with the three spires of bone protruding from their 'eyebrows' and nose.

Triceratops. An entire stampeding herd of them, set in a massive charge.

At the edges of your hearing, you could hear a mechanical roar in addition to the drumbeat of feet. But that was merely a curiosity. The bigger issue was that the herd was coming straight for you.

Stefan stared for a moment to process the dinosaurs that were stampeding his and Lancer’s way. He opened his mouth, but shut it after a second, ‘You know, as a little kid, I would have hoped to see triceratops one day…now? This just plain sucks.’ Lancer turned her head with a raised eyebrow, ‘You going to daydream about your childhood, or are we going to attack them before they trample us?’

Stefan stared at her for a second, ‘Obviously attack them…but be careful. I wasn’t the only one to notice that unnatural roar between the two of us was I?’ His mental commentary over with after he received a nod in affirmation, he raised his arrow-gun to target the forerunners of the oncoming herd.

Lancer grinned, a feral smile on her lips, “This is going to be fun!” Positioning her halberd to attack rather than bracing for defense, she gave a war-cry and dashed forward, Stefan a fair distance behind her, already firing off bolts from his weapon, making sure to activate his mystic eyes to raise his accuracy and attack range.

As soon as they reached the oncoming stampede, Lancer slashed forward with her pole-axe, stabbed forward with the tip of the weapon, and let lose a furious whirlwind of attacks upon the herd of dinosaurs. Blood covered the area, splattering across Lancer’s armor and toga, while Stefan sniped off a few of them with bolts from his arrow-gun, making sure every shot counted.

Fangstrike
February 7th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Jane Xiemburg? I haven't heard anything about her," she said. "I'll see if I can get some information on your opponent but we have many agents asking for help. Is there anything else you need?"


That was disappointing to say the least but not unexpected. Virgil's silver eyebrows furrowed in concentration, unable to completely hide his slight frustration. He wasn't expecting a full bio, but he had been hoping for some leads. Still, it wasn't the commander's fault. Virgil would just have to fend for himself.

"What about Yukari Kuga?"

Virgil recounted his experience with the air-headed stalker to Sister Knight Alagebrae. She seemed harmless, but this was a tournament to the death. Surely she came prepared for that. If there was one thing Virgil had learned as an Executor, it was that people had hidden depths to them. What would he see if he scrutinized Yukari?

I3uster
February 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Again, nothing. Somehow, your attackers had vanished into thin air, like they were shadows. You could find a few footprints from where a man had seemingly stood, but they were so rare that you could not tell anything about his body type. Were they done harassing you? Quite possibly. Or, it could be the opposite. Regardless, nothing had happened. The forest was as unchanged as ever.

Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

"Saber, bring us out of here. There is no sense in continuing this...endeavor of ours." Andrei was still holding Saber's hand carefully treading and almost stumbling at every second step due to the uneven ground of the forest.

"Master, do not be ashamed. Today has been a day full of glorious battles and we obtained one of our objectives. Truly, one can see that we are under the protection of the Lord, and that our path is the righteous one!"

Can't disagree with you there, a trigger is a trigger... "Still, we should be careful. This Master seems to be a dangerous person. So, stay on the lookout, Saber."

And so, both of them ventured towards the exit of the arena.

Five_X
February 7th, 2012, 08:54 PM
"Oh ho? Telling my enemy about my abilities, huh? Tough call, but I guess I'll go with it. To start off, you have to remember that I'm not just a guy brought over form the Fifties. I'm technically an anomaly in the system, and really have a few ways of getting around things that aren't available to most other people. For one, I don't need to do any of this hacking or code manipulation or whatever it is. My abilities can't really be altered by powerful hackers, and I can create things, somehow, that exist "outside" of the Moon Cell. For example, earlier today I cooked a meal for myself, better than some of the stuff you can buy from the store. No cost, just cooked it up. Then, later, I fought one of those big pterodactyls and 'created' some rope in my hands to tie myself to the thing as it flopped all the way to the ground." James silently notes that Demi is nodding as he lists off his strengths, her expression showing approval. "Naturally, I can't make anything seriously complex - I could make a knife or a pair of glasses, but I couldn't make a gun or a full meal. For the latter, I just "make" the ingredients, and cook it. In other words, with what I can do, I'm a pretty solid defence against the powerful hackers you might encounter within the Moon Cell." He winked and gave her a smile. "Plus, I'm a pretty skilled guy, I'm fun to be around, and I've got plenty of regular skills. I can cook, sew, do magecraft, fight with my hands, fight with a knife, fight with a gun, make friends, play a role, act, disguise myself, scout - you name it, probably do it. That enough for you?"

He let out a long, silent sigh, waiting almost literally on the edge of his seat for Demi's reply. He knew that it was this that would make or break the next week for him. He had to impress her now, or resign himself to just being her foe, and nothing more. After all, while he certainly wanted to help her out, seeing her cause as just and worth supporting, Demi absoutely was beautiful, and James wasn't at all going to ignore that.

She smiles slightly. "Well well, not bad. It's actually better than a lot of what I usually get. Brilliant hackers, but when you've lived in your mom's basement for 15 years, do you have much in the way of motivation or life skills? If you hold to your word, you actually seem to have a clue. Bringing someone up to speed is easy: instilling common sense is hard. So..." She strokes her hair a few times. "Mmmm, yes, welcome to the movement. Shall we shake on it, or whatever your custom was?" She gives a sort of half-shrug, not expecting much.

Somewhat amused with his upcoming answer, James grins. "Hm. A handshake, huh? Well..." He's not sure if she can see from this distance, but he winks at her. "How about I take you out for dinner tonight? I'll pay, or cook, and there's no hostile intent to it. Just a friendly dinner, huh?"

Laughing openly she says, "Well, aren't we forward? Taking the boss - oh yes, I would be your boss, you don't mind - out to dinner?" She grins a shark's grin. "Why not? Let's see how much a good cook can make of terrible post-war American food." The comment seems... mostly joking, but there is actual disdain, if only a little, in her voice.

James, too, lets out a small laugh, glad that she accepted his proposal. It was a heavy risk, but the prize... "I'm fine with you being my boss, don't worry, but I /am/ offended by you assuming that I'm only knowledgeable of American food! I'll have you know I've learned to cook Mexican, French, Italian and Spanish dishes. Being a magus, I've traveled quite a bit in Europe and North America due to my father's contacts."

"Well, let's see how good you are at Italian. Rare is the American who can properly rise to the culture that is Europe. So, tonight, you were saying?"

"Yeah, tonight! I've got a pretty spacious apartment in the city, but we could walk around town and see the sights first, if you'd like. Of course, I'll go and find myself a trigger before I leave the Arena. Wouldn't want to disappoint you at the end of the week now, would I?"

"I have other things to do, and this is a working relationship: let's keep it at dinner for now, hotshot. And as for the trigger, it's right there." She jerks her head towards the glowing green cube. "I would normally feel bad about giving this up this easily, but you're a employee, so you'll need it anyways for Elimination. Anything else that you want to attempt to impress me with before we go?"

James laughs at her suggestion to just take the trigger behind her. "Ha, that's too easy, Demi! I'll find my own, how about? This one's yours, and it's too weak of character for me to just take it. I'll find a trigger in here eventually, no matter where it is!" He smirks. "Well, so long as I don't end up missing our dinner, that is. I'd never leave a lady waiting, after all."

He gets up from his chair, which evaporates into water vapour as soon as he taps it with his hand. Waving goodbye to Demi, he heads down where he came from, back into the long, dark tunnel. When he reaches the boat again he looks it over, and shrugs. It feels to him as though he had been talking with that woman for ages, and honestly he came out of that cavern a changed man, in a way. He had no idea that his opponent would turn out to be so... interesting, but now that he had met her, he felt a small pang of regret, deep in his heart.

"That was some remarkably skilful diplomacy, boy." Says Rider, nodding in approval as he lays a hand on his wooden ship. "However, you'd best keep in mind your status here: she's our enemy, and we have to fight her. There's nothing we can do about that, and I'm forced to wonder if you'll go easy on her just because you stand a chance of getting in her bed."

James laughs, then shrugs. "I'm not sure how any of this will turn out, but I know that I'll take her seriously. After all, she wouldn't be impressed with me if I didn't give it my all against her, right? It's an odd relationship we've set up here, but I think it should all work out in the end."

"I'll trust your word on this, boy. Just make sure your actions can back it up." Rider dismisses his boat, and in an instant it disappears, as if it never existed there in the waters at all. "Anyhow, you're reckless with not getting the trigger right then and there, but I have to say I like that. Shows real character."

"Thanks, Rider. Honestly, I can't let myself get so weak as to go for an easy target like the trigger back there."

Rider brings up his rifle in both hands, aiming it downrange at the mouth of the tunnel, where the river is flowing. "I haven't been on a good hunt in a while. I hope this place can do me justice."

Together they made their way out of the cavern's interior, heading alongside the river to get back out to the bright sky above.

SeiKeo
February 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Andrei Biskup
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

And so, both of them ventured towards the exit of the arena.

The exit, logically, would be the place you entered. Despite the inherent illogic of the Moon Cell and Servants, logic won this day. As you stepped next to a tree that your recognized from your arrival, the world broke down, spinning in component lines of code.

And just as easily, you were back in the city, the door behind you.


Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (Arena, worm gizzard)


Blam, blam, blam.

You fired the weapon, racking the slide as fast as you could hope for. Blind and rapid, your shots were poorly aimed, shredding the insides of the beast, but not threatening your enemy. A tremor ran through the chamber as, in concert, the enemy demon-figures took your Servant's defensive stance as an invitation.

Collecting their claws, they began channeling prana, the flames in their hands growing to massive comets of fire, trailing every minor move they made. And as you again activated your bullets of flesh, they unleashed the wind of the desert.

A sea of flame engulfed the interior of the stomach, scorching everything within. The balls that you had thrown at Marcos were vaporized in a steam of flesh, blood, and pus, along with the entire stomach lining, creating a hot stench that reeked of thousands of years of rotting flesh. The internal flesh of the beast - its actual muscle, not just lining - began to char under the assault, blackening in hideous forms.

The only way for your Servant to keep you safe was to protect you with his own body, trusting in his endurance and his resistance to magic to allow the both of you to survive. Crouched over you, the flames lapped at his body; but yours was spared.

The flames ended, but your respite was short. The entire chamber shook like it was being shaken by some great giant, sending the ash of blackened skin raining down. A rumbling roar echoed, deepened by your location, but obviously angry regardless. And then, a lurch. The chamber began to move.

How this was possible, you could not tell. But it was still alive.

Yakumo-san
February 7th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Tanaka Atsuko
Week 1, Day 1
Morning



After acquiring a few supplies and some banter you make it to the door leading to the arena. You don't take note of it, what concerns you is what lies inside.

You enter and are immediately hit by a fresh spring breeze. There was something different about it though... then you saw the pristine lake far to the right. Trees of all sizes surround you, none of them exceeding the height of what a tree should be. In a different section of the arena you can see trees the size of skyscrapers.

It's breathtaking, a sight like this is only possible in the Mooncell.

A loud sqwak drew your attention from your surroundings to the sky where a winged creature flew. It glanced down at you before flying off and sqwaking again. It came back and circled above your head as if mocking you. It was beyond your reach but maybe there was a way to get at it? The trees were very tall, if you climbed one of them you could reach its height and try to fight that bird.

If only that plan didn't sound more than a little stupid and far too much work for one bird. The bird wasn't anything but an annoyance at the moment, what was the harm in leaving it alone?

Now, which direction did you want to head in? The lake was beautiful but those monstrous trees to the left were certainly interesting too.

Atsuko PoV:

The scenery was indeed beautiful, perhaps too beautiful. It looked as if this scenery had been taken out of some fairy tale for children. Well, the Moon-Cell sure has nice tastes from the looks of it. Even the air around here is fresh and invigorating.

Whatever, there is not time to waste. I we should begin searching for the Trigger immediately.



Assassin PoV:

Atusko stood there while admiring the countryside for a bit. I wouldn’t blame her, it was quite an impressive view from here. What concerned me though was the bird above our heads… even though it seemed innocent, even though it looked as if it was part of the scenery… who knew if it could be some spy of sorts?

An enemy could have either set it up as a recon familiar to pick out other masters. If that was the case, that could mean that there was at least one other Master and Servant here.

Hmm, but showing my weapon or my ability to fly with my wings wouldn’t be right… Perhaps that it would be wise to wait.

Let us follow this tyrannical lady for now.



Atsuko PoV:

“Where shall we be headed towards to? The lake or the forests, milady?” my servant asks me from behind, with a seemingly bored tone.

“Hmm, in a hurry are we Assassin? Hehe, this isn’t very typical of an Assassin. Aren’t you the type of people that like to sit back and cower in the shadows?”

“Half-true, half-false. I won’t bother elaborating this, but my main worry is that if we do not move soon, someone else my get the trigger before us.”

“Ah… so you’re using your brains for once. Improved haven’t we my dear servant?”

Assassin does not bother answering back and keeps silent. Whatever, I’ll play with him a little bit more later. Hmm, it’s no fun anyways when I can’t see him due to his invisible form… I guess that he’ll pop out once a threat arises. He bloody well do it anyways… he’s my servant after all, the one that’ll protect me.

While the Lake seemed to be a good area to head to, I think that I’ll search in the woods first. After all… the more shadows, the better. If there’s nothing in the woods, we’ll proceed to go around that lake I guess.

Snax
February 8th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (worm belly, smelly)

As the flames sprouted, Ellestia didn't panic. She was expecting it somehow, since demons from hell are usually connected with hellfire. Even as her Servant shielded her, she managed to pull up a few walls of flesh barriers in order to lessen the burden, even if they couldn't block the fire altogether - even with Magic Resistance, the heat would be a problem. Saber was unscathed, however - his sword stuck in front of him, a black cloud of ghosts had been shielding them as well. The ghosts quickly then disappeared into the sword.

What was not expected, however - was that the area was starting to move, and that the 'thing' was still alive. Altogether, the situation was becoming dire.

Ellestia calculated. Her priorities would have to change now. The trigger would be more important than actually defeating the enemy, since it would not be too smart to stick around inside the body of the worm any more. She noted where the hole she had come was, and the distance to the trigger.

Saber, noting her caution, talked to her telepathically through their connection.

'So, whats the plan?'
'First, getting the trigger will be the priority. We know that the enemy summons demonic creatures, and that he uses some kind of magic unknown to me in order to block my first attack. I suggest you use 1 attack powerful enough as a diversion, and I get the trigger at that time.'

Saber nodded. He didn't like the feeling of having to use one of his Trump Cards so early, but it would be needed.

He stuck his sword into the ground.

"Gates of Hell, open and become my blade."

Chanting his verse, his army of ghosts gathered around his blade, solidifying into a black sword. Due to the small area around him, he didn't make the blade too large - but it was large enough to wield through the whole area. But that alone would not suffice as a diversion - it wasn't even the full power that certain Noble Phantasm could show. His true Trump Card in this situation would be -

"Wolf Pelt - Berserker Soul."

Suddenly, a black wolf skin as big as the Servant himself attached itself to the back of the Servant. At that moment, Saber's eyes gleamed red, and he bellowed -

"▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅!!!!!!"

Foaming at the mouth, his black sword tore through the walls of the charred flesh, and met head on the enemy Demonic creatures. The blade met some resistance, confirming contact. The spirit blade, which was a wedge of solidified, material malice would be damaging to anything existant - be it devil or human.

---------

In the meanwhile, Ellestia invoked her magic again. She raised a pillar of dead flesh up into the air, aiming at the trigger. It unwedged the green box in the ceiling, making it fall down right in front of Laiania. Now all she had to do was retrieve it.

SeiKeo
February 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Five (early afternoon)

Climbing out was a pain, to say the least. Without the benefit of sailing downwards on water, you had to scramble your way up over slick rock, washed by spray. Minor cuts flicked at your skin, sharp edges of rock embedding themselves in your flesh like splinters.

Eventually, though, you made it out, again viewing the river that you had sailed in on. Just for a moment, you took in the tranquil waters.

You only had a second to react. Suddenly, from around a bend in the canyon, a wall of white, churning water erupted, a massive body of the liquid propelling itself with the force of gravity directly towards your position.



Spin (Noon)

Naturally, the creature screamed in shock and terror. You had to sympathize. For all intents and purposes, he was the lord of the jungle. In single combat, he could fight almost any other beast, and in a pack of the size that he was in, he could defeat even a carnosaur. So, when two somethings barely half its size appeared and proceeded to murder the rest of its pack, it was remarkably surprised. And when one of them leapt on its back, it was more than surprised.

Even with its remarkable intelligence, it was acting on instinct now. It moved like a rocket, darting into the forest, hoping that the high speed would shake Rider. Hopeless, of course. A Heroic Spirit would not be shaken by a mere chicken. Weaving through trees, it brushed its back against mighty trunks and under hanging vines, trying to knock Rider loose. Rider’s grip, however, was too firm for that.

Within a minute, the beast began to slow. Tiredness was a factor: the stress, the sprint… it was a lot to deal with. In addition… it was beginning to consider its options. Clearly, it could not shake Rider, not under normal circumstances. In its exhaustion, something did occur to it: why not just throw up its metaphorical hands? Claws, as it were. Lacking a better option, it slowed, bringing itself to a stop. Rider could tell that there wasn’t quite consent to being mounted there… but there was a willingness to try whatever it was that you wanted.



Lyco (Mid-morning)

The destruction you visited upon the herd was immense. Lancer danced in between the charging beasts, twirling her longarm to dig deep slashes on all who passed her, causing them to collapse feet behind her, only carried by their momentum. Blood and dirt mixed under the pounding of massive feet, forming iron red mud in a circle under her many feet wide.

You weren’t exactly ineffective either. While you could not put them down with a blow like your Servant could, but it was no matter. Your expertly aimed shots penetrated hides, striking eyes, tendons, sinews, often disabling a beast with just a few shots for Lancer to utterly destroy a moment later.

However, to the herd, you were like a rock. They flowed around you, but their overall path took no mind of your presence. Even though your kills soon climbed towards the hundreds, the herd seemed to stretch on without end, a sea of snorting, breathing dinosaur flesh. But one thing was changing. The noise, the one that was out of place, was growing closer.

As it turns out, the herd had not been moving in quite a straight line: it was drifting, and as such, you had been steadily brought to the outside of the herd, moving out of the stampede. Lancer’s slashes moved to concentrate on one side, to concentrate on where the enemy still was.

Suddenly, a fast moving object whirred past you, too fast for your eyes to follow, and not registered by your Servant, occupied as she was. All you could tell was that it was the source of that strange noise, that a large amount of dust was following it, and that it was headed for the rest of the herd.

Lycodrake
February 9th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


The destruction you visited upon the herd was immense. Lancer danced in between the charging beasts, twirling her longarm to dig deep slashes on all who passed her, causing them to collapse feet behind her, only carried by their momentum. Blood and dirt mixed under the pounding of massive feet, forming iron red mud in a circle under her many feet wide.

You weren’t exactly ineffective either. While you could not put them down with a blow like your Servant could, but it was no matter. Your expertly aimed shots penetrated hides, striking eyes, tendons, sinews, often disabling a beast with just a few shots for Lancer to utterly destroy a moment later.

However, to the herd, you were like a rock. They flowed around you, but their overall path took no mind of your presence. Even though your kills soon climbed towards the hundreds, the herd seemed to stretch on without end, a sea of snorting, breathing dinosaur flesh. But one thing was changing. The noise, the one that was out of place, was growing closer.

As it turns out, the herd had not been moving in quite a straight line: it was drifting, and as such, you had been steadily brought to the outside of the herd, moving out of the stampede. Lancer’s slashes moved to concentrate on one side, to concentrate on where the enemy still was.

Suddenly, a fast moving object whirred past you, too fast for your eyes to follow, and not registered by your Servant, occupied as she was. All you could tell was that it was the source of that strange noise, that a large amount of dust was following it, and that it was headed for the rest of the herd.

Stefan turned back to where Lancer was ripping through more of the triceratops, and glanced back at the errant object, the source of the disturbing sound. With his Servant preoccupied at that time, and more than likely not going to listen to what he wanted to say, he brought his arrow-gun up, hesitating for a second on this decision, lowering the weapon slightly. ‘I...this is the best thing I think I can do right now.’

With that, he fired off shots as fast as he could, aiming to form a circle in front of the object with the bolts. ‘I hope this works…even if it doesn’t, at least it will slow that thing down a little.’

Spinach
February 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Noon

"Good, good." Said Rider, hardly even trying to hide his excitement after the impressive ride that the achillobator had taken him on. "I see that you have spirit, yet you also know when to give up. You are strong, fast, and smart." He said, finally managing to break the creature and ride it properly. The two set off toward the clearing from before, with Rider talking to the raptor the whole way.

"I treat my mounts well, and you will be no exception." Rider said, staring ahead with a smile. "Hmm, I'm sure Aaron will insist on a name for you. Do you have any preferences?" He asked, not truly expecting an answer. In response, the raptor let out a strange grunt, and Rider laughed, almost as if he completely understood the creature, which he of course did not. "Yes, he is a bit odd like that. And speak of the devil..."

Rider let his statement trail off as he and the raptor entered into the clearing before. The three walls of Montalban still stood in their triangle formation, surrounding Aaron, who hopefully hadn't managed to get himself into even more trouble. Approached the walls atop his new mount, Rider lowered the walls, revealing Aaron, laying on the ground, incapable of walking.

"Finally done?" Aaron asked aloud, turning to face Rider. What followed was a long silence as he came face to face with one of the feathered beasts that had very nearly killed him moments ago. Slowly, Aaron's eyes traveled upward, spotting Rider seated atop the raptor, grinning. Aaron said, "What's going on here?"

"I'm riding an achillobator." Answered Rider, fighting back the urge to laugh at the confusion written all over Aaron's face.

".. How?"

"Simple, I hopped atop his back and showed him who's boss."

"I... see."

"Would you like a lift?" Asked Rider, extending a hand down to his Master. Silently, Aaron accepted his hand, and was suddenly jerked up by Rider's vast strength and placed on the back of the creature, causing him to yelp in pain from the sudden movement. "Ah, sorry about that, Aaron."

"It's fine." Aaron said through teeth grit tightly in pain. He had managed to endure the pain until now without yelling out, and he wouldn't start now from just this.

"Are you okay to continue searching the arena, or shall we call it a day?" Rider asked, looking at Aaron's injuries.

"While you were having your fun I decided on a plan." Said Aaron, eyes locked onto the achillobator. Rider could guess what he was thinking just from the gleam in his Master's eyes. "We'll finish exploring this forest, and then we'll leave the arena if we don't find anything like a healing item."

"Are you sure? If we run into any trouble you'll make for an easy target." Rider said, turning his eyes skyward, inspecting the surrounding treetops that ringed around the small clearing. "An opportunistic Master might take advantage of our current condition and go for what seems like an easy kill."

"I thought about that." Said Aaron, still staring intensely at the achillobator. "If worse comes to worst we'll high tail it out of there with Bayard's help. I doubt many of the other Servants can catch up to him, especially if you use Montalban to slow them down."

"I see you're finally thinking things through. Good." Consenting, Rider lowered his gaze, looking down at the raptor. "This is your territory. If you know of any items hidden away in this forest, take us to them." The raptor grunted in response, and at Rider's command made its way toward the trees of the forest. Hopefully the creature knew of something worthwhile hidden away in

"Right. And in the meantime, I'll think of a name for this guy." Added Aaron.

SeiKeo
February 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


A series of rapidfire cracks sounded as you fired off your weapon, aiming them in a ballistic trajectory to intersect the object's path. Calculating the shots to hit the right place for something so fast should normally be immensely difficult, but with your eyes, it was a task within possibility.

Shot they were, forming a long elliptical circle. As whatever the fast mover was moved between them, all of them pulsed red in sequence, suddenly linking in thin lines of light to form a magic sign of paralysis. Even for you, it was far enough away that you could not quite tell what had happened to the object, or what it was, but the cloud stopped.

A few seconds of silence followed, letting you watch the whirling dust. Straining, you couldn't see anything...

Flash

A explosion of light burst from within the cloud, a sudden starburst that begat a lance of the same light. With a crack of thunder, the projectile rushed across the plains fast enough to leave a trail behind it, smashing into the rear end of one of the last beasts.

Airen
February 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Alan Griffin
Week 1, Day 1
Morning


"Well met, my friends. My name is Alistair. Alistair Hemmington. Now, is there something I can do for all you lovely gentlemen on this fine and lovely day? Or have you come for a cup of tea perhaps?"

Well, it seemed that he wouldn't have to go looking for Alistair after all, but he wasn't sure if this occurrence was good luck or bad luck. On one hand, he would now have the opportunity to deliver the package he had been ordered to take to the famous hacker, but on the other hand, his orders had been very specific about the manner in which he was supposed to deliver the package. As a Freelancer, Alan's affiliation was an unknown factor to most of the people in the Moon Cell, so none of his actions could be traced back to Atlas at this point, but that alone wasn't quite enough for his superiors, they had specifically stated that it couldn't look like anyone was trying to contact Alistair, or help him in any way.

So, in essence, they wanted him to deliver the message, while making it look like an attempt on Alistair's life.

In theory, such a mission would be simple to accomplish, but Alistair's reputation as a hacker made Alan somewhat wary about attacking either the man or his Servant, who's abilities were currently unknown, but probably amongst the higher tiers of the Servants summoned for this War.

Of course, Alan did have faith in Archer's abilities, but he didn't particularly want to fight a Servant who he had little information about, it went against all of his usual habits as an Alchemist.

So he did what he usually did in situations like this, and went over everything he knew, taking into account the fact that Alistair had addressed someone besides himself and Archer, that there was another Master or Servant, perhaps a pair, taking cover in the forest he himself had just emerged from...

Archer was hovering near him again, her green cloak brushing against his arm as she glanced towards a specific part of the forest, her sharp eyes apparently spotting what Alan hadn't quite managed to find yet.

Yes, there was definitely someone else here....

If this Master had been stalking Alistair, them perhaps he could use this situation to his advantage. Getting the message to Alistair without it looking like an obvious communication would be a bit simpler if the man's attention was divided between him, Archer and the enemy pair. Hell, if this unknown pair of individuals decided to attack, he could probably just throw the package over to Alistair, and maybe take a few shots at this hidden Master and Servant pair, gauge their strength on the off chance that he would have to face them later on.

...Yes, there were many variables in play here, and information could be acquired if he played his cards correctly.

So he would simply respond to Alistair's greeting and wait to see how things turned out, besides, it wasn't really in Alan's nature to just attack someone right after meeting them.

"Alistair Hemmington eh?" His tone friendly, Alan responded with a smile, "That's quite a famous name."

Archer didn't seem like she wanted to say anything, so Alan, vaguely realizing that he was being rude, introduced himself after a brief moment of silence, "My name is Alan Griffin. And no, I'm afraid that drinking a cup of tea wouldn't be a very safe activity in this place."

Lycodrake
February 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


A series of rapidfire cracks sounded as you fired off your weapon, aiming them in a ballistic trajectory to intersect the object's path. Calculating the shots to hit the right place for something so fast should normally be immensely difficult, but with your eyes, it was a task within possibility.

Shot they were, forming a long elliptical circle. As whatever the fast mover was moved between them, all of them pulsed red in sequence, suddenly linking in thin lines of light to form a magic sign of paralysis. Even for you, it was far enough away that you could not quite tell what had happened to the object, or what it was, but the cloud stopped.

A few seconds of silence followed, letting you watch the whirling dust. Straining, you couldn't see anything...

Flash

An explosion of light burst from within the cloud, a sudden starburst that begat a lance of the same light. With a crack of thunder, the projectile rushed across the plains fast enough to leave a trail behind it, smashing into the rear end of one of the last beasts.

Stefan sighed, and slumped his shoulders slightly, ‘Okay, then that was pointless…’ Glancing to the side, he noticed that Lancer had taken her eyes off her prey, and had noticed him both firing off the shots, forming the circle, and what had happened afterwards. She quickly walked over to his side, halberd again rested on one shoulder, though this time Stefan now got a good look at how blood-covered she had gotten.

“Huh, well damn, you actually did something proactive,” stated the warrior woman, grin lop-sided. Stefan, keeping his eyes on where the projectile had struck into the herd ahead of them, couldn’t hold back a blush at that. “But seeing as that thing is targeting the herd over there, despite your attempt at hindering it…we can’t be sure that it’s a Servant or something done by a Servant.”

Stefan nodded, “Right…but we have a chance to go see what happened to it. I think we should approach the area, but give ourselves some space. I’ll keep my eyes peeled…”

Lancer nodded, “Sounds like a plan.” Mentally adding, ‘Fighting probably helps you focus more than you would think, Stefan.’ They both quickly, but warily, walked over to where the object had landed among the herd, with weapons positioned defensively.

SeiKeo
February 9th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Noon


The raptor trotted into the forest, understanding your command. Not far from your present location was a large tree, which he brought you to. As far as trees went, it wasn't a large amount larger than the rest: but, there was a notable difference. The bark was pitted with gouges, massive scratches into the wood from many months.

Through Rider's connection with the raptor, he understood that it needed him to dismount. That he did so, gently lowering Aaron with him.

Freed of the burden on its back, it reached a leg back, extending that vicious claw. Reaching it out, the raptor slashed at the tree in an unwounded spot, cutting it open like your leg. From the wound, a kind of viscous white sap started to flow. The raptor cocked its head at you, expectantly.

Mellon
February 9th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Alistair Hemmington [Mellon]
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Alistair Hemmington eh?"

"That's quite a famous name."

"My name is Alan Griffin. And no, I'm afraid that drinking a cup of tea wouldn't be a very safe activity in this place."

"Aah. You have heard of me before. I assure you, I am far more mundane then the all the tales would have you believe."

With his welcoming smile still in place, Alistair gave a slight bow to the newcomer (and his hidden servant), raising his top hat in greeting to the pair. Having followed etiquette, the raven haired man placed the hat back on his head and continued speaking.

"As for drinking tea not being safe... nonsense. There is always time for tea. Granted, there might be a couple of situations where it is rather difficult, but this is hardly one of those."

Lancer stood beside him, seemingly completely at ease. Of course, "at ease" meant that he was clearly not impressed at any of their new friends. While he would never admit it, Alistair felt a certain sense of satisfaction at the fact that for the time being, his Servants displeasure would be targeted at someone else, rather then himself.

"Baah! Imbeciles. I swear, no one in this age knows how to properly hide their presence anymore."

Alistair's hand lit up in cyan code as he stretched out his arm. As if on call, a slight portal appeared, in which the illusion of the arena had vanished, and revealed the code string underneath. His digits seemingly sank into the revealed code itself, before pulling out a large and beautifully engraved pot, seemingly with piping hot tea inside it, followed by three sets of teacups of a matching set. All of which he casually placed on a nearby stump. With a charming smirk, he turned once more towards Alan.

"Like I said, there is always time for tea."

"Unfortunately I only have Earl Grey, so I must apologize beforehand if I cannot completely accommodate for your tastes, Mr. Griffin."

Then Alistair's eyes turned towards the Master hidden in the shadows.

"I would be most honored if you would join us, Mr....?"

Five_X
February 9th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Five (early afternoon)

Climbing out was a pain, to say the least. Without the benefit of sailing downwards on water, you had to scramble your way up over slick rock, washed by spray. Minor cuts flicked at your skin, sharp edges of rock embedding themselves in your flesh like splinters.

Eventually, though, you made it out, again viewing the river that you had sailed in on. Just for a moment, you took in the tranquil waters.

You only had a second to react. Suddenly, from around a bend in the canyon, a wall of white, churning water erupted, a massive body of the liquid propelling itself with the force of gravity directly towards your position.

James Hawthorne

The water splashes at me. Some creature must be behind that liquid mass, and instinctively I create a block of ice anchored in the slick rocky ground to stop it from immediately breaking through and swallowing me. Stepping backwards and to the side in the space of time I get, a simple metal spear, rigid and plain, appears in my hands.

Near me, closer to the riverbank, I hear two shots rings out, fired from Rider's lever-action rifle. There's the pinging sound of spent casings on the rock, and Rider keeps his eyes trained forward, waiting for an opening to appear.

At the same time, I keep my spear pointed forward and remain some distance away from the gush of water, not knowing if my wall of ice will last long against this beast or force of nature.

SeiKeo
February 10th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (worm belly, smelly)


The blade of malice met the blades of the beings of malice, clashing. Fury against black flame, brute strength against centuries of trickery. In no way could they match Saber's strength - no, not at all. But in rage and power, skill was decreased. It was enough for them to apply untold years in heavenly wars against Saber, working in concert to avoid and deflect his blows. However, the level to which they were outclassed was still evident. They were just holding on barely: a slip would easily be fatal.

The enemy Servant frowned at the failure of his warriors. It was not often for him that servants of this level were held back to such a thin margin of life. He deigned to give support.

He made a small motion of his hand. Abruptly, as Saber jumped back to avoid a blast of flame... he didn't stop. His jump, instead of bringing him back a few feet, sent him floating backward until he struck the wall of the chamber. As you reached down to try and take possession of the trigger, you found yourself flailing in midair, suddenly without reference.

Gravitational nullification. A technique that you could have guessed was possible, but that you had never seen preformed. It came at an especially bad time for you. You were theoretically conscious of what to do in this situation, but you had of course never practiced in it. And your Servant, it needn't be said, had no experience at all. And as he as in his berserk state, he could not even use logic to react to the new development: he would have to rely on combat reflex developed for a world with gravity, while the enemy's demons, creatures of fire, floated in perfect comfort, coiling for an attack.

Snax
February 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (in a smelly belly, floating like a balloon)

Laiania frowned, due to the sudden change in the environment. It wasn't a big issue for her (yet), but her Servant wouldn't fare too well without gravity - or that was how she thought.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HiOXZqFF4&context=C3948a02ADOEgsToPDskIU K9VwcI7zBVj5e4w72s0y

"▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅!!!!!!"

Bellowing even harder, the berserk warrior swung his sword. Black mist spewed from it, revealing even more spirits. Then, using his momentum, he spun in a circle with his greatsword - creating a typhoon of spirits which slowly dragged in the two demons, threatening to flatten them against the ceiling of the gizzard. Although as a Berserker Saber's rationality was severely limited, Coordinator had allowed him to make use of his Master's own bountiful rationality - allowing him to go beyond any normal Berserker's ability.

As the two demons lost their battle posture for a split second, Saber quit spinning, and grasped his sword with both hands. Even more spirits gushed out of the sword, building up behind Saber - giving him a means of transportation. Even with his buffed limited rationality, a feat like this would not usually be possible - however, spirits acting on their own accord while knowing the means to destroy the enemy would be a different story. Propelled by malice, Saber's greatsword crashed against the enemy demons at high speed, taking advantage of their slightly ruined posture. Adding insult to injury, Saber continued to bash the two at the very utmost of his strength and speed, pummeling them with enough power to level a building. His lightning quick slashes threatened to decapitate, to maim, to mortally wound. The battle experience of the demons saved them from being slashed into pieces, but it was a matter of time - as soon as Saber had lost his gravity disadvantage, the game had returned to its normal pace.

Then, as his attacks started to relent slightly, Saber's eyes glowed crimson. With a voice that would grate against steel, he uttered.

"Tyrfing: Sword of the Cursed Evils."

The black blade glowed crimson, the same color as Saber's maniac eyes. The blade hit against the hellfire of the demons, and then started sucking in the fire like a vampire would suck on blood. The cursed attribute of the hellfire allowed Tyrfing to assume it as a 'curse', allowing it to absorb it. The demons, feeling threatened, retreated from the reach of the sword - however, the sword had already eaten its full.

"Tyrfing: Release the Curse."

The sword of black screeched in a demonic tone, spewing out spirits mantled in hellfire. With his newfound weapon, Saber pummeled the demons with further fury - hounding them. And coincidentally, the two were now lined up in front of the enemy Servant.

"▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅!!!!!!"

With a hellish scream, Saber stretched out the black blade mantled in Hell's Flames like a whip. The blade grew even further - smashing through flesh and stone of the area, a whip of flame-mantled malice came into contact with both demons, and also reached right in front of the enemy Servant.

----------

In the meanwhile, Laiania focused her magic - it was getting a bit hard to concentrate while Berserk Saber was borrowing her rationality. She grasped the area around the trigger with her magic, compressing it - then letting the energy explode, propelling the trigger box in her direction. Grabbing the box, she obtained the trigger - making her plan a success. Now, all she had to do was propel her and Saber out of here - if Saber's last attack didn't finish off the enemy, that is.

Which was unlikely, since she calculated that the enemy Servant hadn't used all his power yet. Same went for Saber, but he was starting to go all out.

Spinach
February 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Noon

Aaron leaned back against a tree, watching the raptor cut into another tree much like the one behind himself. The white sap that oozed out of the wound in the tree was certainly interesting, and Aaron was positive that it would help his injuries, but his mind was occupied with other thoughts, thoughts that had enraptured him so much as to hold his tongue so that he wouldn't lose his trail of thought. Namely, he couldn't decide on a name for the raptor. It certainly had a lot of aspects to it that made naming it an interesting process. The creature was strong, fast, fierce, apparently brave, as Rider had told him, but those were traits many things could have. He didn't want to name it after something so general. Rather, he wanted something more specific, more personal. A stray thought entered his head, and Aaron was struck with an epiphany.

'Those claws sure are sharp.'

This thought was all it took. Aaron's mind went into high gear, searching for a name fitting such a trait. Names he knew flew through his mind, and one stuck out. There could be no doubt, this raptor's name would be...

"Berach." Said Aaron, finally breaking his long silence. Rider, who was standing beside the wounded tree, inspecting the oozing, white sap, turned to face him, a neutral expression on his face.

"That's his name then?" He asked, looking between Aaron and the raptor, Berach.

"Yep."

"Alright." Rider said, turning back to the sap, and dipping his fingers into the substance. Returning to Aaron's side he leaned down, and delicately ripped away the remnants of Aaron's shredded pants. "This might hurt a little. Stay still."

"You're not gonna ask about the na-" Began Aaron, silencing himself as Rider applied the sap to his leg. The process stung initially, but soon Aaron felt the area around his wound go numb, and with a passing glance to see that Rider was done, he continued. "You're not gonna ask about the name?"

"Nope." Said Rider, standing and returning to the tree. Once more he dug his fingers into the sap, coating them, and returned to Aaron's side. Silently, he applied the sap to Aaron's mangled shoulder, and after making sure that the wound was fully treated, he nodded. "Good. Now, about that talk I mentioned earlier..."

"Right, dinosaur fighting lecture. Give me your worst, partner."

"Actually, it doesn't look like I need to say much. You probably learned your lesson after getting injuries like these." Rider said, returning to his feet. He offered Aaron his hand, and gave him a knowing grin. "Just pay more attention, and take things more seriously."

"Will do." Taking his hand, Aaron flashed a grin back at him as Rider pulled him up. Returning to his feet, Aaron took a step forward, and stumbled.

"Whoa there." Rider reached out, grabbing Aaron on his good shoulder, and forcibly righted his posture. "Looks like walking is a little much at the moment."

"Damn."

"Do you still want to continue, or shall we call it a day?" Asked Rider, beckoning Berach over. The raptor complied, bringing himself before the Servant.

"If we didn't have a time limit for these triggers I would call it." Began Aaron, examining his surroundings. "This place is huge. We should try to cover as much ground as possible while we're here."

"Agreed. If you're confident enough to continue, then we will do so. This forest is large, there might be other places of interest." As Rider said this he looked over to Berach, and the raptor cocked its head at him, knowing that he was subtly commanding it to lead them to any other interesting locations. "Shall we be off?"

"Yeah, no reason to sit here any longer."

"Right." As soon as the word left his mouth Rider placed a hand on Berach, and raised himself up onto the raptor's back. With Rider's support, Aaron mounted the raptor as well, and the two set off deeper into the forest.

SeiKeo
February 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


Your approach had a good degree of swiftness, but the speed with which the object had been moving had placed it a solid distance away from you. However, the sand and smoke it had drummed up in its passage had somehow stuck to it, still rendering it opaque to your eyes.

Not that that lasted that long. You approached to within fifty feet of the object, and as you did so, the cloud suddenly cleared, making clear what had overtaken you with wind's speed.

The woodland camouflage pattern was entirely out of place for the plains. Broken browns, greens, and tans did not conceal you against pale grass. More interesting than the camouflage was the fact that you seemed to have stopped an ATV, a four-wheeled off road bike. You didn't have much experience with heavy equipment like this, but even to you it was obvious that this was top of the line equipment, but not for racing. Parts of the body were studded with blisters of some kind, streamlined but still inefficient. Possibly, they were meant to hold something?

Sitting atop the bike was a weathered man, about sixty - or so you thought, age was a tricky thing in this day and age - and dressed in a kind of light combat suit, without much armor but allowing for great mobility. It was patterned much the same as his bike, in woody colors designed to blend in. The hat held against the back of his neck by a cord, obviously blown off by wind, was a kind of old cowboy style that had long gone out of fashion, adding to your impression of his age. Brown eyes glanced at you for a moment before he retrieved a cigar and lighter from a pocket within his suit, lighting the drug, taking a drag from it, and then looking back at you seriously.

"So, you're who stopped me? It's a bit rude to interrupt a man when he's in the middle of something, you know. Don't your parents teach you anything these days?"

Elyrin
February 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
At the young champion's answer, Naomi crossed her arms and glared at him with suspicion. At the moment, it was impossible to tell if he was being serious, or simply boasting. She had hoped Matou Shinji would fold quickly, but the boy had plenty of childish stubbornness to go around. Unfortunate.

"Hmm. Forgive me, but I am not convinced. You would have to summon an exceptional hero indeed to outmatch my own Servant, and I doubt a child like you would be capable of such a thing. If you wish to convince me, feel free. Otherwise, I shall go prepare for the Arena."

With that, Naomi turned to walk away, awaiting what would hopefully be an explosive response.

ItsaRandomUsername
February 11th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Emanres Umodna Rasti
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


(Just entered the Arena)


Emanres was ecstatic, to say the least.

The moment he and Lancer entered the Arena he was overwhelmed with euphoric waves of joy and excitement. He knew that the Moon Cell’s virtual world was supposed to be intensely realistic and practically nigh indistinguishable from the real word – courtesy of the city that the Arena itself resides within – but he had no idea that the Moon Cell could ever be this amazing.

“Hoooooly crap,” Emanres pushed his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose. “Look at this.”

Emanres spoke to no one in particular.

“This is fantastic! Seriously! This is just freaking perfect! My mind just got blown big time here!”

“You seem ecstatic, Master.” Lancer, standing at his side faithfully, observed.

“Why wouldn’t I be, Lancer? There’s one hell of an adventure to be held here! I’m experiencing a sudden urge to just go out and roam free and explore the shit out of this place. After we nab our Triggers, of course.” Emanres added, almost as a side note to confirm that, yes, he had indeed not forgotten the reason that he and Lancer were there in the first place.

That high was intense but short-lived.

“So, you are a type of person who condones the spirit of adventure?” She said.

“Adventure, schmadmenture. I’m just psyched because this is such a radical change from what I’m used to. I live for the self, and especially that feeling.”

Lancer slyly cocked a single, elegantly shaped eyebrow.

“I presume that that is your motivation for seeking the moon’s Grail, then?”

Emanres grinned happily. “Oh indeed. Stagnation of any sort just makes me want to hurl. Now, if I’m a part of change, or even the one inducing it, then that is something I can really sink my teeth into.”

“In fact, that’s the reason I’m a big-time supporter of anti-WEC groups.” Emanres proudly scratched his chin even though there wasn’t a hint of a beard there to be found.

“A creature of change who relishes in self-indulgences, possibly uncaringly of the consequences it entails for others?”

Emanres nodded affirmatively to his horned, magenta-haired Servant.

“There’s someone whom I can relate to.” Lancer’s long reptilian tail swished approvingly. “I have a feeling that you shall be a decent Master for me, then.”

“Eh, stop it. You’re making me blush.” Emanres said, cracking his knuckles in anticipation of exploring this wild, untamed forest.

“Well then, let’s be off to find our Trigger.”


You admired your surroundings before deciding to head off in a direction of your choosing. You continued your walk until ....

A high pitched roar pierced the silence of the forest.

It was far too close for comfort, you whirled in the direction of the noise. Two dinosaurs were duking it out, one (http://csotonyi.com/Gorgosaurus02.jpg) had a clear advantage over the other (http://www.dinosaurfact.net/Pictures/Centrosaurus.jpg).

This was your chance! Before they noticed you... what would you do? Fight or flight?

“Oh look, monsters. What brutally majestic wild creatures they are.” The female Servant coolly observed.

“Dinosaurs? Fucking dinosaurs? Holy Toledo, this just gets better and better!” Emanres said, geeking out like a schoolboy at the sight of genuine dinosaurs beating the crap out of each other in a no-holds barred prehistoric deathmatch.

“Are you that easily excited, Master?” Lancer purred at him with a faux-seductiveness, though for all the compatibility that she and her Master had it might as well have been the real deal. Her own interest in the events before her however was not unnoted nor easily disregarded. "Aren't you the fun one."

“When there’s dinosaurs around, hell yeah I will be.” Emanres confirmed, looking slightly more composed than he had before. “Nah, I just really enjoy this. But that doesn’t mean I’m as easily distracted as that would imply. We’ve been walking for nearly half a mile now, at a gradual decline of 3% in the topsoil. I do pay plenty of good attention to my surroundings, it’s just that I can also wholeheartedly appreciate them as well.”

“Well, what do you want us to do about this duel, Master?” She asked while looking intently at the two dinosaurs that continued to do battle with one another.

“Eh, let’s just go around them and continue in this direction until we can to a good spot where we can find our bearings to help us locate our Trigger. No need to get mixed up in a dino-duel we aren’t yet a part of. We shouldn’t disregard them, though. Let’s keep an eye on that schoolyard brawl just in case it heads our way, in which case…”

Emanres withdrew a strange, foreboding device from within the space he was keeping his supplies and weapons. “We’ll just have to properly retaliate.”

Lancer nodded. “Agreed, Master. I can’t foresee us needing to go all out against any beasts, at least not while there’s the chance that our enemies might be spying on us at any given moment.”

“Yeah. That bugs me. No sign of them anywhere. I hate not getting the jump on my opponents, especially with my preferred style of engagement.” Emanres lightly fingered the device, his actions tense like that of a finger pulling back on a trigger ready to fire off a gun at a moment’s notice. “And that guy’s name, Le Fantôme, I have my doubts that with a title like that he’s going to be playing fair either.”

“Unfortunately for him, I’m not such easy pickings.”

“That makes two of us, Master.”

With that said, the duo of the terrorist and the Servant began to loop around the immediate battlefield where the dinosaurs continued to battle. They themselves were on full alert, prepared to react accordingly to any twists of fate as well as anyone could in the situation they were in.

SeiKeo
February 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
James Hawthorne

The wave of water was taller than your little wall: taller by far. As the wave bore down on you at killing speed, it occurred to you that there was only one way to survive this. You wall of ice expanded to a bubble, protecting you in a tiny snow globe as the waters rushed over you.

It was a strange feeling, to be entrapped in ice at the bottom of a great river. Silted water flowed past you, filtering light through a sea of brownish green. Visibility was restricted to maybe a few feet, fifteen at most, isolating you. A massive boulder rolled past, as wide as you were tall, almost crushing your fragile protection. Fish investigated the structure, dismissing it as being of no concern.

Well, this was a problem. Only so much air, at the bottom of a river... hmmmm.


Hahahahaha holy shit I HAVE NO LIFE

NONE AT ALL

Five_X
February 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM
James Hawthorne

Trapped underwater, huh? Reminds me of what my dad did to me once, back home at the lake. Guess this'll be like a more extreme version of that. Nothing I can't handle with a little effort. I have to wonder where Rider is, though... he might have gotten swept away by the river, but I'm not sure. He seems just a bit too tough for that.

My hearing in this icy bubble is shot, since I can't discern any sounds beyond the low rush of water around me, and so I've got a real gamble here: I can lower my defenses and try to stop myself from being killed by the currents, or I can wait it out, and see if anything changes down here. The first has its obvious risks, and the second could mean I'll just run out of air down here. Even thinking about this can be deadly, as every little second counts.

I hear the ground shake, and I turn around immediately.

There's a vague, humanoid shape coming towards me. I squint, and notice that it's... Rider. Huh. He's got great iron weights tied to his ankles, preventing him from just rolling off downriver, and he stomps towards me with a smile on his face.

He's in front of my protective bubble, and as brings out his huge, dense trunk, an incredibly heavy thing, and naturally it isn't even budged by the river's rapid flow. I guess Rider can control the weight of that thing too, by adjusting the contents or something.

Shedding his ankle-weights, he braces himself against the trunk, one foot partially under it, to prevent himself from floating off. I understand now. I get up close to the edge of my cage, and wait just a few moments more, trying to make my breaths scant.

"What did I tell you about the strenuous life, boy?" He asks me with a laugh over our mental link. I just shake my head and sigh. This has been rougher than I'd thought, but it shouldn't be much longer until I'm free. I take a deep breath, and watch as the ice disappears before my eyes, willed away. Rider tenses up his muscles, and the river tosses me right into him. He's tough, though, and that hardly makes him budge. I doubt even a train could move a monster like him, and he gives me a short nod.

"Alright, boy, hold on!"

I do exactly that and he releases himself from the trunk's weight, dematerializing the thing itself. We're instantly carried off by the river as Rider leaps up, no longer resisting against the immense onrush of water. It's freezing cold, but hey: I use ice. Cold is nothing to me at this point. Soaked as I may be, I'm not afraid. This isn't the place to be afraid, and I wash away any traces of fear with just determination.

"I'll watch for an opening." Rider tells me. "If I can't get a hold onto a ledge and pull us back onto shore, then I'll let my moose bring us to safety."

...moose?

SeiKeo
February 12th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning (in a smelly belly, floating like a balloon)

The release of burning souls instantly annihilated the enemy demons. Even their concentration of the same malice that your souls were couldn't resist them: the levels were simply not compatible. Screaming, the two enemies writhed in pain, losing control of their bodies: literally. As they writhed, their once firm flesh began to dissipate into smoke, soon leaving nothing remaining.

As the spirits rushed towards him, the enemy Servant's frown deepened into a scowl, entirely displeased with this development. For the first time in the entire combat, he moved, thrusting a hand before him.

A massive rift in space opened at his command, a white void ripping itself into existence. Behind the rushing stream of souls, in the middle of the burning light, you could see a massive black figure, many stories tall, all detail on his body drowned out. And then the screaming spirits struck it.

Whatever it was let out a roar of a mountain, screaming as your curse flowed into it. Reaching out, it grabbed the walls of the very rip itself, fighting against the wave of evil power, seeking freedom. There you could see its hands. They were massive, furred things, like the hands of a man but with unnatural bony outgrowths like boulders in its skin, almost armored.

It heaved against the burning curse, channeling the rage of three thousand years of imprisonment against you. All its rage, all its hate, all its hope...

All of it would fail him. The curse that you were directing at him was a vile thing, comparable to true Evil itself. And there was nothing he, with all his earthshaking might, could do against it.

His skin on his hands began to burn, charring black. His dark, shadowed body began to show form as flames flickered over what appeared to be fur. The faint outline of a massive hunchback, something with no human face.

Hate burnt at his fingers, turning his bones to ash as despair ripped at his tendons, loosening their power on his muscles. Scrabbling, his fingers worked at the break in reality, trying to keep its grip...

He couldn't do it. His hands slipped, and he was shoved back into the light by hate. For a moment, you could see his titanic body falling back before the gate closed, leaving space whole again.

The enemy had escaped. Under the cover of whatever he had tried to summon, the Servant and Master had left, disappearing by whatever methods open to them, saving you the issue of escaping past them.

They had left in time, though. You hadn't. All this disturbance had, as you knew, caused the worm to wake up, and now, it moved.

Light began to suddenly flash past the hole you had dug, indicative of the movement of the creature. The enemy Servant had not dismissed the antigravity effect, and as such, as it moved, you were thrown against the back wall, and then from side to side, at the mercy of the random movements of the worm's crawl.


James Hawthorne

Crack.

Water moving fast is not a easy thing to just take and keep moving. A lesser man would probably have had his chest destroyed by the blow, air forced out of his lungs, with drowning an easy possibility. You had trained your body enough to resist much of this blow, but it wasn't painless. The brutal force of the water, and what felt like a rock carried with it, crushed into you, snapping a rib.

Even with that, Rider managed to carry you to the surface, as was his wont as a Servant. The water level had risen enough that the banks of the river were flooded, letting his attempts to grip fall on the canyon wall itself. With no way to stop himself, Rider created his grand American beast below him, Bullwinkle the Moose.

It was possible for moose to stop themselves and swim, and this one was such a fine specimen that he could do it with the both of you on his back, and that he did. It began to swim towards the walls, hoping to find a spot where it could egress.

A bellow of pain, from the mouth of Bullwinkle. It faltered in its swimming, suddenly halted. From behind and below, you could tell that something had, with a single stroke, taken off one of Bullwinkle's hind legs.

Satehi
February 12th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

When you activate your spell and leave the realm of sight, there lies a slight pause in the movement of the foliage around you, clearly confusing the creatures.

Without any way of finding you from where they are, one of the creatures stumble into view from your right, looking for signs of where you’ve gone, moving directly onto your last seen location. Another one reveals itself, although does not move nearly as close. Judging from the movement in the woods, there is still a third one that has decided not to come into the forest.

http://i.imgur.com/EhfYp.jpg

It sniffs the air, looking for its prey. It hasn’t quite caught onto where you are at the moment, which is quite fortunate, but it could be any moment in which it discovers that you’re still around. For the meanwhile though, it’s completely unguarded.

If you want to strike to hit it, now is the time!

Snax
February 12th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon

"Damn it."

Laiania, while being bounced about, uttered several swear words. She was being very uncomfortable in this situation, especially due to the fact that she couldn't concentrate enough, or focus enough, to do what was needed to get out of here.

In the meanwhile, Saber was also being bounced about, albeit less with his ghost propelsion. He then stuck the flaming sword inside a upcoming wall, anchoring him to it - until with a mighty heave, the momentum of the worm bounced him off it again - he then gave up, letting the ghosts do all the work.

"Saber, the enemy is gone, so we can leave now. Any plans?"

As soon as he was spoke to, the wolf pelt disappeared from Saber's shoulders. His eyes returned to their original color, and he heaved a deep breath - as if awakening from a deep slumber.

"Ah, that felt good. Good stress relief, I guess one could say at this age. Eh....oh, I'm still flying."
"....That's the first thing you say? Geez, I can't believe what the hell you're made of...Ouch."

Laiania winced as she was bounced again. This was getting old.

"Anyway, can you do anything about the current situation? I can't...concentrate enough to do much. Yeow, these...effing...floating boulders are getting annoying."
"Eh, this is pretty fun. But since you don't like it, and I got a pretty good grasp of the situation, so...Tyrfing."

The black sword made a crooning noise, as if it was alive. A few more spirits jumped out of the blade, grasping Laiania. It was pretty helpful, apart from the fact that the spirits were clammy, creepy, and as scary as hell close up.

"Er, ok, this is pretty creepy. So how does this help?"
"The spirits move according to the priority I have. And the current priority is: get the hell out of this place."

At that, the spirits screeched in unison - they then started speeding in the direction of the hole Laiania and Saber had entered before. The hole was also shifting accordingly to the movement of the worm, so after they reached it they had to move fast.

"Tyrfing: Release the Curse."

For good measure, Saber activated his Noble Phantasm again. Spirits flew, mantled in hellfire - eating through the walls of flesh and widening the hole as they flew up through, into the sky. With that respite, Saber and Laiania followed the progress of the spirits and their telltale fire.

Suddenly, the duo were out in the burning sun. The worm was moving at a quick pace, as if running away from something - probably it was seeking a place to rest, since it was pretty hurt - mostly on the inside due to the battle of Servants. As soon as they were out, Saber cancelled the spirits, grabbed his Master by the waist, and fell down into the soft sand with a thump.

"Oof."

Although the Servant landed with no problem, Laiania winced again - she managed to survive through everything without injury, but the landing was a bit rougher than she would have preferred.

"At least we're both unhurt, after a battle with that monster and then the Servant with monsters."
"True, and we got a trigger, along with some decent battle information. A good haul, a killing I may say. Ha!"

"You're still unsatisfied, though. I can feel it through the connection."
"Well, those demons were fun. It ain't the same with a hand on hand battle with an awesome warrior, though - it feels different."

"You're pretty much a Saber/Berserker crossed with a Caster though, from what I saw."
"No, that's just my sword. Anyway, this makes it pretty obvious that the enemy is mainly a demon summoning Caster. I say it rather suits me well, because that sort of magic is easier to deal with most of the time - although my Sword can cut through most enchantments, anyway."

"What to do now, though, hmm."
"Perhaps explore a bit more? The enemy left, and I don't really sense them. Perhaps they left the arena."

"No complaints, we're both still fresh."
"Then it's decided. By the way, I'll keep a few spirits out - the ones without fire - they can cool the area around you a bit."

"I'd rather not, they're effing creepy - but since it's pragmatic, whatever."
"Then, let's move."

Five_X
February 12th, 2012, 02:20 AM
James Hawthorne

The great and mighty beast upon which we are seated lets out a deep cry, and in the water I see streams of blood. We're not moving as fast as before, and we're probably going to die soon if we don't make a move and pronto.

Then, Rider does the strangest thing.

He gets up - as in, stands up - on the moose, and raises his arms as if calling something from the blackest depths of the sea. I look around from my seat on the moose, but I can't see anything at all.

Then, there's a crash as the water splits right in the middle of the overflowing river. A mighty ship of white steel rises from underneath the current, river water and fish of all kinds spilling off of its deck as it rights itself in the rushing river. It keeps pace with the moose going downstream, and even with its great crane jutting from its deck it's perfectly sturdy.

"We've got another leap to make, boy!" Shouts Rider, and he grabs hold of my arm. There's an intense pain in my chest as he shoves my body, but I just grit my teeth and bear it anyhow.

We leap straight from the moose onto the deck of the ship, with Rider performing that massive jump with ease, taking me with him like a log under his arm. On the deck he turns and gives a salute to the moose we left as it disappears underneath the foam of the river water in a churn of deep red.

Rider brings out his lever-action rifle again, and aims it right where the moose went down. We're still going down the river, and I steady myself on the ship's top deck. This boat is surprisingly small; it's bigger than the dinghy we were in earlier and made of steel, but its deck is rather close to the water and it doesn't appear to have any armaments besides its huge metal crane.

Both Rider and I keep watch over the river and the sky, waiting for something - anything - to make a move.

Blackdeath6031
February 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Tch, Seishirou thought. What to do? If I take the chance, the rest'd be sure to panic and act aggressively - or defensively...
If I don't, they'd still find me out, but probably consider themselves to be more in control...

...No, they're animals, these ones. He shook his head. Not humans.

Calming himself down, he slowly raised the Chinese weapon, and swiftly, cleanly swung it down, aiming to start and finish the single beast in the same strike...!

Ace
February 12th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Tanaka Atsuko
Week 1, Day 1
Morning

You head towards the monstrous trees. The bird creature followed you, still causing quite a ruckus all the while. It was getting real annoying. In fact, it seemed to be gathering attention as you heard loud stomps coming in your direction.

The creature sqwaked smugly and flew off, its job accomplished. Perhaps you should have just killed it while you had the chance.

The ground itself began to shake as something got closer to you. You acted fast and tried to move in a different direction away when..... it fell. One of those humungous trees fell right in front of you kicking up a large cloud of dust. It was a close call, whether it was by luck or divine intervention you somehow didn't get squashed by it.

However, this came with its own problems. You had to close your eyes to shield your eyes from the dust and when it cleared it (http://www.healthstones.com/dinosaurdata/c/carnotaurus/carnotaurus.jpg) was upon you. It let out a deafening roar before it charged aiming for the weaker of you two-!


Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"What about Yukari Kuga?"

Sister Knight Alagebrae paused as she tried to remember. "Ah, yes her. From what I can remember she is a freelancer and is not a priority for us. There's nothing noteworthy about her but if you wish you can read the small report we have on her."

SeiKeo
February 12th, 2012, 09:37 PM
James Hawthorne


In the surf of the river, you cannot make out any kind of figure, let alone anything belonging to an underwater attacker. The flickering waves surrendered no hit to you.

Looking ahead, something occurred to you. You were in a large boat. Quite a large boat. And, this wasn't quite the Mississippi River or similar. More, it was akin to the Colorado coursing through the grand canyon. And a river like the Colorado wasn't an easy one.

Coming up rapidly was a bend in the river. Being a mend, you couldn't see exactly how tight it was, but from the curvature of the wall, it was without a doubt a hairpin.

The ship had enough momentum that it refused to stop, or even slow significantly. At a significant percentage of full speed, the boat rounded the turn, and lacking the agility or size to maneuver, struck the opposing wall.

The sudden jolt almost through you to the ground. Trying to turn but failing, the boat had wedged itself against the turn, front and back stuck to the wall, grinding against it. Water pushed at the exposed broadside, causing the deck to list.

And then, from the back, you heard the sound of something hitting the deck.



THE RIVER IS BLUE

YOU ARE GREY

YOU ARE LE STUCK

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m492/LeopardBear/Isuckatart.png

Lycodrake
February 12th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


Your approach had a good degree of swiftness, but the speed with which the object had been moving had placed it a solid distance away from you. However, the sand and smoke it had drummed up in its passage had somehow stuck to it, still rendering it opaque to your eyes.

Not that that lasted that long. You approached to within fifty feet of the object, and as you did so, the cloud suddenly cleared, making clear what had overtaken you with wind's speed.

The woodland camouflage pattern was entirely out of place for the plains. Broken browns, greens, and tans did not conceal you against pale grass. More interesting than the camouflage was the fact that you seemed to have stopped an ATV, a four-wheeled off road bike. You didn't have much experience with heavy equipment like this, but even to you it was obvious that this was top of the line equipment, but not for racing. Parts of the body were studded with blisters of some kind, streamlined but still inefficient. Possibly, they were meant to hold something?

Sitting atop the bike was a weathered man, about sixty - or so you thought, age was a tricky thing in this day and age - and dressed in a kind of light combat suit, without much armor but allowing for great mobility. It was patterned much the same as his bike, in woody colors designed to blend in. The hat held against the back of his neck by a cord, obviously blown off by wind, was a kind of old cowboy style that had long gone out of fashion, adding to your impression of his age. Brown eyes glanced at you for a moment before he retrieved a cigar and lighter from a pocket within his suit, lighting the drug, taking a drag from it, and then looking back at you seriously.

"So, you're who stopped me? It's a bit rude to interrupt a man when he's in the middle of something, you know. Don't your parents teach you anything these days?"

One of Stefan’s eyebrows twitched in irritation at that comment, and he responded, “Right off the bat with assumptions. And here I thought I looked decently dressed and clean-cut.” He kept his weapon at the ready, while Lancer leaned on the shaft of her halberd, keeping both hands at the read to heft it up and attack from any direction. The young man asked, “So…since you’re already assuming things, I’ll ask you: are you Richard Razorblade?”

SeiKeo
February 12th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


He takes the cigar out of his mouth, holding it in his hand as he speaks to you. "Call me Rick, kiddo, and I'll call you Steve. Less formal that way. And assuming..." He takes a drag from his cigar. "Well, what am I assumin now? That you stopped me? Cause ya did, unless the scalies over there can suddenly do magic." He looks at your Servant. "Hey, hey, calm down now sweetie. We're just having a conversation here."

Lycodrake
February 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


He takes the cigar out of his mouth, holding it in his hand as he speaks to you. "Call me Rick, kiddo, and I'll call you Steve. Less formal that way. And assuming..." He takes a drag from his cigar. "Well, what am I assumin now? That you stopped me? Cause ya did, unless the scalies over there can suddenly do magic." He looks at your Servant. "Hey, hey, calm down now sweetie. We're just having a conversation here."

At that comment, the bloody, toga-clad woman replied, “…I would prefer if you didn’t address me in such a way. One, you’re our enemy, or at least our competition. Two, you haven’t revealed your Servant, so we have no reason to trust you. And three, you remind me too much of my grandfather’s ‘nice guy’ routine.” Her Master glanced worryingly at that last comment, but decided against commenting on the comparison.

Instead he nodded to her, and turned his gaze toward their opponent, “I’d have to agree with her on those first two, especially on not revealing your Servant. If we’re going to be civil, at least level the playing field on that end.” Even saying that, the younger Master tensed in case said Servant would attack on sight.

SeiKeo
February 12th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Mid-Morning


The man sighed, tapping out some ash from his cigar. "Well, look, we're being plenty civil already, no? We're not fighting, we're just talking it out, calmly... if anything, you were uncivil with your unprovoked attack. And, really, is it my fault if you have your Servant parading out in the open?" Again, he sighed. "Mmmmph. Archer."

Unexpectedly, an arrow rocketed through the space between you and Rick, fast enough that in reality you couldn't see its form: the fact that it was an arrow was simply a guess. The projectile glowed with a white light, unearthly in its nature. Behind it, it left a trail of wispy light and the smell of ozone, and continued on into the plains.

"Servant's here. You have the class. Now, can we stop threatening me?"

Lycodrake
February 13th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Mid-Morning


The man sighed, tapping out some ash from his cigar. "Well, look, we're being plenty civil already, no? We're not fighting, we're just talking it out, calmly... if anything, you were uncivil with your unprovoked attack. And, really, is it my fault if you have your Servant parading out in the open?" Again, he sighed. "Mmmmph. Archer."

Unexpectedly, an arrow rocketed through the space between you and Rick, fast enough that in reality you couldn't see its form: the fact that it was an arrow was simply a guess. The projectile glowed with a white light, unearthly in its nature. Behind it, it left a trail of wispy light and the smell of ozone, and continued on into the plains.

"Servant's here. You have the class. Now, can we stop threatening me?"

Stefan opened his mouth, closed it as he continued to watch the possible arrow strike in the distance, and replied, “…I’d apologize for being cautious, but I won’t. As for Lancer ‘parading out in the open’, she likes to be out of astralization, and I see no problem with that when it would neither help nor hurt our situations…as far as I can tell,” the young man shook his head, “but I also don’t know what you would want to speak about. It would be idiotic and foolish of either of us to reveal anything about our Servants, or our abilities. So…what would you wish to speak of, ‘Rick’?”

Five_X
February 13th, 2012, 01:04 AM
James Hawthorne

"I'm on a boat!"

Five_X
February 13th, 2012, 01:06 AM
James Hawthorne

Shit, we're stuck. Well, I guess that leaves me with no choice here, huh? This ship's too big to maneuver around this bend in the river, and now there's something on the deck. Perhaps a boulder, but in this kind of environment... could be something a hell of a lot worse.

Water splashes up onto the deck and onto my clothes, but I hardly notice; I'm soaked to the bone already. The ship's on its side, and I'm pretty sure it could outright capsize at this rate. Still, I estimate that we've got enough time to deal with all that's going on, and then continue on our merry way. It's when the wind flowing down the canyon pushes me a bit to the side with its unexpected strength that I remember my rib, and I suddenly start to notice how hard it is to breathe.

I have food for that, don't I? I create a freshly rolled perogie in my hand, and scarf it down. My favourite food in the world, right there. A couple more couldn't hurt, so I eat those as quick as I can. The pain starts to dull, and when I move around a bit it hardly seems like I had a rib broken. I guess, for good measure, I ought to go a bit further... that can come later.

"Rider!" I call to my Servant. "You go up ahead and investigate. In the meantime, I'll monkey around the crane up there-" I point a finger upward, "-and join in if there's a fight. If it's all clear and nothing's going on, then we'll join up and continue onwards. Maybe in a smaller boat."

He nods. "You better act quick, boy. Some dough rolls aren't going to sustain your health for long, so you'd best be setting your eyes where you want to go, and soon!" Rider laughs, and he exchanges his rifle for two strange looking things from his trunk. On one arm he's wearing a roughly oval-shaped shield, coloured a navy blue and made of solid, lacquered wood. It's got a tribal look to it, very African. In his other hand, though, he has a beautiful, curved steel sword, its edge razor sharp; the sunlight gleams off of the polished blade, and Rider grips its ornate hilt tightly. There's even a sheathe for it on his belt.

"I was given this by an Emperor!" He tells me before running off towards the source of the noise. He's... a strange man. I'm really wondering his identity; it feels as though he should be immensely recognizable, but there's just something about him that gives him an air of mystery, that makes me unsure of myself regarding his true name.

Still, I've got no time to dawdle, just as he said. A length of beige cloth appears in my hands, and I wrap it about my upper torso. Holding it in place with a safety pin, I'm pretty sure that this will allow my bones to properly set and not get jarred out of place. Underneath my leather jacket, I must say it looks pretty cool.

Alright, time to do this.

I clamber my way up to the crane, and on my hands and knees I crawl along its surface, feeling the wind pushing against me, trying to tear me off. I hang on even tighter, and get to a spot where I can see what caused the noise on the deck, and Rider confronting it below...

Yakumo-san
February 13th, 2012, 01:31 AM
You head towards the monstrous trees. The bird creature followed you, still causing quite a ruckus all the while. It was getting real annoying. In fact, it seemed to be gathering attention as you heard loud stomps coming in your direction.

The creature sqwaked smugly and flew off, its job accomplished. Perhaps you should have just killed it while you had the chance.

The ground itself began to shake as something got closer to you. You acted fast and tried to move in a different direction away when..... it fell. One of those humungous trees fell right in front of you kicking up a large cloud of dust. It was a close call, whether it was by luck or divine intervention you somehow didn't get squashed by it.

However, this came with its own problems. You had to close your eyes to shield your eyes from the dust and when it cleared it (http://www.healthstones.com/dinosaurdata/c/carnotaurus/carnotaurus.jpg) was upon you. It let out a deafening roar before it charged aiming for the weaker of you two-!


Tanaka Atsuko
Week 1, Day 1
Morning (Arena)


Atsuko PoV:


The falling tree creates a massive cloud of dust. The debris and fine particles of dirt being flung around will scratch my eyes if I keep them open. I throw my arms in front of my face to shield myself from any potential injury.

But as I stand there blind, I hear a massive roar. This isn’t a lion or an elephant… the intonation and amplitude of that roar… it’s a monster that’s at least of the height of a three story building. The earthquake each one of its steps generates is more than enough proof to support that claim.

I risk a peek through the cloud of dust. The wind resulting from the shockwave that the tree created while slamming into the ground has subsided, so all should be fine.

The world around me is brown. Is it my eyes that are covered in dirt or the environment, I know not, for there is one thing that needs my attention right now; that large lumbering shadow a few meters away. I can make out a pair of legs and a long tail swinging left and right as that ‘thing’ is charging towards me.

Tempted to stay still to clearly observe what that monster is, I remember that I don’t have time for sightseeing as this thing is clearly responsible for the tree that was two meters away from turning me into Bolognese pasta.

I quickly prompt my legs to spring into action and carry me away laterally from that charging ‘thing’. But never would I know, that they were so efficient.I fly; my legs leave the ground. Coming to think of it, I thought that I have the command ‘run’ to my legs, not ‘jump’.

I’m taken away at an incredible speed. The massive form that was wading through the dust tramples through the area where I was a few seconds ago, breaking the massive tree that it just fell in two pieces. As its powerful and erratic movements blow the dust away, I can finally see the true form of our assailant.

But what bothers me right now, are the six pair of black wings Assassin has just sprouted out of nowhere. Two are softly wrapped around me, supporting the human arms with which my servant is holding me. The four others are flapping gracefully, keeping us aloft in the air, far away from danger.




Assassin PoV:


That was a close call, if I hadn’t remained vigilant, the tree would’ve crushed me. I did not expect to meet such massive creatures in the arena, but I guess that the Lord shall make my path one that is of a proper caliber for me.

The massive lizard down below is looking at us with rabid eyes. It seems really hell bent onto having us for lunch. The scales, massive body, robust legs and tiny arms… these all seem to hint towards the identity of this animal as being a dinosaur… quite an extravagant obstacle indeed.

The creature lets out another roar of anger when it realizes that it can’t touch us. Perhaps it’s time to consult my Master. The little girl in my hands is looking at me with a face that obviously hints curiosity about those wings of mine.

“What should we do Master? Do you want to try to run away form that thing? Or should I take care of it?”

“You’re interesting you know…” she says while running her fingers down my cheeks.
What the hell is she doing during such a situation?

“I beg your pardon?” I ask her while masking my irritation.

“…heh, never mind. Go and show me more of what you can do… my little man-Valkyrie.”

With that she removes her hands from my cheeks and utters something that I cannot understand. It’s a spell of some sort, as I feel a slight discharge of energy from her body.




Atsuko PoV:

I whisper to his ear my instructions. Assassin seems doubtful at first, but there is no need to repeat myself for him to execute my orders. The black winged man immediately flies away at high speed from the dinosaur, dropping his altitude so that he may let me go onto the ground in safety. After that, flapping his powerful wings, he flies away.

As I turn around, the large saurian is as expected, charging at me again with a wide open mouth that displays a shiny array of razor sharp teeth. All its attention is diverted which is all according to my plan. Dinausaurs weren’t known for being able to multi-task easily, which is why I foresaw this situation… where it would totally forget about the black bird that stole its meal away.

Atsuko Tanaka is now standing all alone in the open, facing a huge carnivore by herself.

The lumbering behemoth approaches at great speed, a trial of dust behind it, and an earthquake shaking the ground at every step it takes. As it reaches within distance, the monster snaps its jaws at the girl standing there and smiling at him, certain of having acquired some good meat to consume… only to bite empty air.

The creature stops, wondering what just happened. Its food was there, it was certain. Its eyes couldn’t be wrong right? But that was a bad assumption. Realizing that the human below its feet is nothing more than an illusion, he sniffs the air with his nostrils.

But the dinosaur cannot do anything else once it’s gotten a bearing of the true location of its prey… for a black shadow that it hadn’t noticed rockets down on its head, planting a long, curved and sharp blade straight through its skull, stabbing and piercing its brain.



Assassin PoV:

The beast plummets to the ground. I quickly jump off its head before it falls to the ground and hurry to my Master’s side. As I throw one last look behind, I see the after image that Atsuko created fade away. The real Atsuko appears twenty meters further away from the now dead dinosaur. That was some interesting magecraft… or should I say, codecasting.

The plan wasn’t bad as well, simple but nicely thought. Attacking that creature head on might’ve been risky, and I had Atsuko in my hands, so it would’ve been quite a bother. Freeing me from a burden and distracting a monster so that I may have an open spot to attack… while I’m not really fit to be in the Assassin class, my Master did quite a nice job at creating the perfect conditions for a flawless victory.

I glide down next to her and remove the wings that I had just materialized on my back. After all, keeping them out does drain my prana slowly.

“A job well done, my little Servant” she says with a small satisfied smile on her lips. “I was worried that I had been dumped with some incompetent Spirit, but it would seem that you have a few redeeming qualities.”

Ungrateful child, no matter how many times I save you, you will forever blaspheme and treat me as thrash won’t you?

Atsuko frowns as she gets closer to me. “What did you say?”

I’ve apparently spoken of my thoughts out loud. Is my rage that great against this witch? “Nothing. I was simply commenting on how the sun was shiny today.”

“Come on, do you think that it’s that easy to fool me? Repeat what you said, brainless avian.”

Now she hit the spot. “I was simply giving my humble opinion on how I am undeserving of so much of your praises. The shower of gratitude upon which you flood me is overwhelming, and I thank you so much for being considerate about the human side of your Servant. You are the best Master, and I mean it, the best. The names and adjectives with which you describe me are most fitting I must say, Master.”

I tried to say that in the most ironic way possible, putting the exaggerated intonation where needed. Atsuko looks at me in shock. Yes, the message got though. I am that pissed with you woman, so much that I’m about to kill you with my own two hands if this keeps going on.

“Oh, thank you for your appreciation. I’ll be sure to keep this up.”

She smiles. For the first time ever, it’s not one of those evil, malicious smiles… it’s an honest, gentle and truthful smile. I should be happy to see such a genuine expression of love… but the context in which she does it… makes me want to strangle her so hard.

This can’t be a true happy face, I’m certain that behind that angelic face of hers, she’s laughing in mad delight as the nerves on my face being to show.

Gah, I will endure it! The son of God has endured much more than I… being mistreated by a little girl is nothing compared to all the miseries of his life or mine!

Tanaka Atsuko, it’s official, we are now at war.



Atsuko PoV:

I decide to continue our trip. Standing there won’t help us much, and there will probably be more of those around… that bird that appeared earlier might come back too and draw more enemies, so it would be better that we get moving.

With Assassin in tow and grumbling, I continue the search for a trigger. One should be near, if the Moon Cell bothered putting such a big beast out there.

SeiKeo
February 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Day 1, Week 1
Mid-Morning


"Mmm. Well, partly for the sake of conversation, and partly because it's interesting: what are ya here for, Steve? I mean, I got my goals to finish up here, but what's someone like you doing in this kind of conflict? I saw a lot of you younger guys in the morning, and I'm not sure what your angle is on this."


Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Noon

"Right." As soon as the word left his mouth Rider placed a hand on Berach, and raised himself up onto the raptor's back. With Rider's support, Aaron mounted the raptor as well, and the two set off deeper into the forest.

Again you tromped through the forest, looking for anything of interest. Berach had been able to recognize your request for healing, seeing as it appealed to the same base instinct. But now, you were operating on different wavelengths: your overall goal was something that was out of his comprehension. Because of this, he did not take you to any particular place, instead leading you on a tour of his home.

As he passed by a large tree, you noticed something. In the crook of a branch, you could see a ghostly green-tinted cube...

Closer investigation and a little codecraft brought you your answer. This was not a trigger. However, it was the future location of one. It appeared that the Moon Cell had had a bit of a glitch, on accident revealing to you the location of the next trigger, the one that would appear next. What to do with this information was up to you.


Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon


You picked a direction, not having any real good place to go in the desert.

Miraculously, it seemed that there was something where you had decided to go. As you walked, something appeared to poke out from behind a dune. Something that looked... a bit green?

Topping the dune showed you a wonderful sight. An oasis laid itself out before you, a small pool of water flanked by grasses and a few trees. Birds could be seen fluttering around the edges of the pool, resting themselves in the only reprieve from the heat.

But, as you glanced up, you could see a small square of black in the sky...

Lycodrake
February 13th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


"Mmm. Well, partly for the sake of conversation, and partly because it's interesting: what are ya here for, Steve? I mean, I got my goals to finish up here, but what's someone like you doing in this kind of conflict? I saw a lot of you younger guys in the morning, and I'm not sure what your angle is on this."

Stefan responded, “I’m not sure what you’re affiliation is, but I’m a Freelancer. I don’t have ties to any of the major organizations that send members into this war. I can’t claim to be a part of any of the major families or branches of them. So when it comes to the ‘usual’ wishes people come into this wanting, I doubt I share the same wish, or even wishes, with any of them.” He glanced at Lancer, “…to be completely honest, I haven’t quite figured it out. I decided to join in mostly because I could…and figured I would learn along the way what it is I want to wish for. If it all comes down to it, I would honestly be content with whatever Lancer would wish for.”

Snax
February 14th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon

"An Oasis? The moon cell is pretty convenient."

Grinning, Laiania approached the water - but eyed the skies suspiciously. The black square was getting on her nerves, possibly implying danger- would it bring good luck, or bad luck?

Either way, it would be good to rest a bit in the Oasis before leaving for more heat and harshness.

Sitting down beneath a small tree, she started munching on some MP restorative items. Having had used a lot of magic before, she was now pretty much drained - her MP needed a refill. Saber was also given a few healing items, in order to restore him back to top fighting condition.

While taking a break, she took out her military binoculars and started scanning the area, also trying to see what that black thing in the sky was. While doing so, she stood up, and asked her Servant to keep an eye out for situations.

SeiKeo
February 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM
James Hawthorne

Rider rounded a corner of the superstructure, shield held before him.

Held before him, in a prudent decision. As he turned the corner, a massive green shape slapped into the shield with immense force, stopping him dead in his tracks, and even forcing him to take a step back.

His attacker was... a fucking forty foot long crocodile. Jesus Christ. It was a massive green scaly thing forty feet long, armored scales covering its verdant girth. A massive mouth studded with a multitude of teeth leered at Rider, ready to take a leg off without hesitation.


Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning

Stefan responded, “I’m not sure what you’re affiliation is, but I’m a Freelancer. I don’t have ties to any of the major organizations that send members into this war. I can’t claim to be a part of any of the major families or branches of them. So when it comes to the ‘usual’ wishes people come into this wanting, I doubt I share the same wish, or even wishes, with any of them.” He glanced at Lancer, “…to be completely honest, I haven’t quite figured it out. I decided to join in mostly because I could…and figured I would learn along the way what it is I want to wish for. If it all comes down to it, I would honestly be content with whatever Lancer would wish for.”

"Heh. Letting your Servant determine your wish? Ah, marriage." He chuckles at himself, not seeming to expect you to find it amusing. "A word of advice. If you wanna do anything right in life, you have ta want it. Saying 'I'll just go with the flow' means that you'll, well, go with the flow, and the flow usually don't take you where you want to go. I'd figure out what you want from this war. Now." He sits up, sticking his cigar in a metal case. "Got anything in particular you want to say, or should I go skin this dino?"


Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon


The black square orbits for a few minutes, giving you time to gnosh on your restoratives. Suddenly, it rapidly begins to enlarge, becoming bigger... from a descent. It approached without warning, closing in. As it fell, you could make out detail on the underside. It wasn't in actuality black: it just appeared that way from being against the sun. It was a deep mix of colors: primarily red, with intricate black and yellow designs layering it, in a pattern you had once seen in a rich man's office as a... carpet?

Lycodrake
February 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


"Heh. Letting your Servant determine your wish? Ah, marriage." He chuckles at himself, not seeming to expect you to find it amusing. "A word of advice. If you wanna do anything right in life, you have ta want it. Saying 'I'll just go with the flow' means that you'll, well, go with the flow, and the flow usually don't take you where you want to go. I'd figure out what you want from this war. Now." He sits up, sticking his cigar in a metal case. "Got anything in particular you want to say, or should I go skin this dino?"

Stefan blushed moderately at the wife and marriage comments, though both garnered a snickering laugh from Lancer. He grudgingly had to agree with the older man’s words, “Fair enough on that, but it might’ve been better if I had said that myself, since that’s exactly what I’m trying to do. ‘Going with the flow’ was a poor choice of words on my part…I do want to figure out what I want from this war.” He paused to respond to the last part, As for skinning the dinos, I don’t mind if you do, though I’d have to ask why. Gathering materials for something, or some other reason?”

Snax
February 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon

"...A flying carpet? What is this, magic?"

Obviously it was. A carpet - a quite luxurious looking one, too - was flying down towards her. She still had no idea if it was something that would bring her good fortune or bad fortune, so she decided to stay put and prepare for any issues. Using her newly refreshed mana, she took and grabbed hold on the water of the Oasis, preparing to use her magic just in case whatever was approaching decided to be hostile.

Meanwhile, Saber had caught a bird and was looking at it skeptically.

Spinach
February 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Noon

"Huh, that's interesting." Plainly remarked Rider. The Servant gave his entire surroundings a thorough look-over, memorizing the area that he was in, and then turned to Aaron. "We'll return here first thing in the morning on the day that the next Trigger is generated and make preparations to fight Sabin and Achilles again. Any objections?"

Aaron shook his head, and looked up at the glitched visage of the future Trigger. "None here. Just..."

"Hrungnir. Hrungnir. Hrungnir. Hrungnir."

A bright flash of blue appeared, smothering the ghastly green of the glitched Trigger spawn. On the ground below the Trigger spawn appeared four Hrungnir cubes, teetering back and forth, slowly rotating around and around. "A head start on our preparations for when it starts." Aaron said, taking out his last takoyaki and popping it into his mouth.

While Aaron occupied himself with his takoyaki Rider spoke up. "Shall we continue searching this forest, or head to the lake now? Berach here seems to have shown us all he knows of the area, but we've still only barely scratched the surface of this massive forest." Below them Berach gave a curious hiss, and turned his head to face them. Rider had to wonder if the creature was smart enough to catch onto his new name already.

Gulping down the last of his takoyaki, Aaron shook his head again. "No, we'll go look around the lake now. I don't think the Moon Cell would spawn both of our Triggers in the same area, even if this forest is so large that it's a stretch to call the whole thing 'the same area.' Truth be told, I'd like to head to the volcano, but..."

"Yes, that is far too dangerous, though I agree that the volcano sounds like the kind of place that a Trigger would be hidden." Said Rider, turning back to face Berach. "We will head to the lake. Take us there please, Berach." Rider was confident that Berach would at least know the way to the lake from his own territory. Though the raptor had been unable to understand the search for the Triggers, it would only make sense for the creature to know how to find water, as it was a necessity for life.

In response Berach turned and set off, headed in the direction that Rider could only assume would lead to the lake.

SeiKeo
February 14th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon


The carpet descended to within a hundred feet of you, along the shore. Standing on it, without an apparent worry of assault, was again, the enemy Servant, pristine as ever. His carpet settled down, allowing him to steady his hands behind his back, clasping them again in his posture of superiority.

"You destroyed my servant." His voice boomed across the distance between the two of you, carrying the weight of one who knew power well. But, this wasn't an accusation, or a voice of anger. It was a simple statement of fact, a starting point.


Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


"Why? Because I want the skin. Also the head, the head is important. Basically, I hunt things. It's a hobby, I guess. And where else am I going to hunt a dinosaur?"

Lycodrake
February 14th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


"Why? Because I want the skin. Also the head, the head is important. Basically, I hunt things. It's a hobby, I guess. And where else am I going to hunt a dinosaur?"

The blonde face palmed slightly at the answer, since it was mostly obvious from the camouflage, but nodded. “I thought so, but like I said, I avoid making assumptions.” Shrugging, he nodded to one of the wounded dinosaurs. “Go right ahead…”

Snax
February 15th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon

"Well, I guess we did do so."

Laiania deadpanned, keeping an eye out. The enemy master was probably near too, hiding.

"However, you can't complain. You are the enemy, and we have to defeat you. That's all there is to it."

Saber, now uninterested with the bird, let it go - and then looked at the enemy.

"If it's another fight you're looking for, no problems with me - but I doubt you'd want to destroy this Oasis along with it - seems like this is quite a beautiful place, would be a pity to stain it with my curses and your demons - ain't it so, Caster?"

Five_X
February 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM
James Hawthorne

I stare down from my perch on the crane at the beast down below on the other side of the ship: a huge, green crocodile covered in thick scales, its body longer than a bus. God damn.

Right now I'm about fifty or sixty feet above the deck, and it more than probably doesn't even know I'm here. Still, I can't do much now. I've got to wait for Rider to keep up a fight with it for a while, then maybe I'll swoop in. There's a lot of danger here, on this listing ship in the middle of a raging river, but I think that only gets my blood pumping even faster.

Let's rock.


http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=g4aPMo7TcR8


-- --


Rider stares down the beast, holding his Zulu shield firm. He feels no fear, and this mighty beast is to him just another example of rare big game. His lips curl into a smile, and he angles the tip of his sword forward. Challenge accepted, that gesture says.

The Deinosuchus, primeval terror of both water and land, snaps forward, the sheer power of its jaws closing down on air cracking like a gunshot, sending out a burst of hot, stinking air from within its mouth. The smell is faint, as though the creature hasn't eaten lately. So, these Moon Cell animals are more natural than what they've immediately shown so far. That only makes the thrill of the hunt even greater.

Adjusting his footing on the angled deck, Rider holds his ground, not letting up against this prehistoric monster. Its teeth nearly sink down on the wood of his shield, but Rider steps back just as the attack is about to land, and uses the time the crocodile requires to readjust its own bulk about to roll to the side, getting on the higher part of the deck. He gets a glimpse of the thing's belly - the spot where its armour is weakest, and where Rider could definitely strike to kill. The only problem, really, is getting to that when the creature is content to walk about on its stubby legs, barely lifting its stomach off of the wet metal deck.

"Hiyaaa!" Rider stomps a foot on the deck, sending reverberations through it that catch the immediate attention of the dinosaur. It swings its huge body around, and crawls at a rapid pace towards the man taunting it.

That is exactly what Rider wants.

The beast opens wide its jaws, giving Rider a clear view of the many razor-sharp teeth in its mouth. But, it's not there that Rider has planned to strike. Not exactly. Instead of making a thrust with his curved sword, he presses his shield straight forward and bends his knees to make his profile just as short as it needs to be. He's in the exact position for his next maneuver.

Clamping its maw shut, the Deinosuchus catches the shield in its mouth, Rider's arm still in the grip. Aided by the slippery deck, Rider slides his body to the side, taking his arm right out of the shield's rear strap. He's near the beast's left leg in the front, and it swings its head at him, letting out what amounts to a breathy, enraged wail.

The small spikes on the top and bottom of the shield have pierced into its flesh, the bottom one in particular impaling all the way through the crocodile's mighty tongue. It was the thing's own strength that was its undoing; it had assumed that this next bite would be the one to end its prey, but that was not the case. As a result, it was caught, the shield stuck between its jaws as a sort of precaution to prevent the beast from biting at Rider. Its jaws had an immense power to them, and even Rider would be hard pressed to escape if he was captured in its grip.

He can't give it a chance to bite again though: despite being in pain the Deinosuchus is hungry and now angry at its tenacious prey, and though it doesn't realize it, clamping down its jaws hard enough again would snap the shield in half like a toothpick.

So, Rider circles around, leaping onto the dinosaur's back as it lifts its head pathetically to get at him. He whacks his sword on the creature's armoured green scales, and finds that, indeed, there is no effect. Like a stick on full plate armour, the steel of Rider's sword does nothing at all to harm or even annoy the crocodile, as if it hardly even felt the attack.

Devising a new plan as he scopes out this thing's strengths and weaknesses, Rider rolls off of its back onto the deck, hitting the metal hard with his shoulder. The boat continued to tip on its side, and surges of water occasionally break over the ship's stern. Rider comes around to the beast's rear, near its tail, and watches warily as the beast shakes itself about, letting droplets of water pepper the area. He wouldn't be surprised if it managed to just toss the shield out of its mouth at this rate.

At this point, the best strategy seemed to be giving the creature pain, and trying to outlast it. After all, it's only an animal in the end, and Rider knows from experience that animals can be overtaken just through sheer human endurance.

He grips his sword in both hands, feeling the water that had sprayed onto its blade drip down onto his muscled, bare arms. If he really put effort into it, he could strike a blow that would even cut through the crocodile's hide - however, it would take just the right angle to perform this, and so Rider keeps his eyes on the long scaly tail.

There is a place right about halfway between the thing's body and the very tip of its tail where the lighter scales of its soft underbelly persist, and from the way its tail wags back and forth, swinging like a great sword, this would be the best place to hit it. No doubt there would be pain, and without a tail that would mean the Deinosuchus would have one less weapon to use in this fight, if it didn't just die of blood loss from having half of its tail sliced clean off.

There's no time left. Rider charges, holding his sword at an angle, readying it to swing down and then up, a vertical slice that would hit the small, vulnerable portion of its tail. He brings the sword up high, its blade glistening in the sun, and begins his swing-

-But the tail whips against him, hitting like a club, striking the weapon he holds tightly in his hands. His grip is loosened and he nearly loses his footing, and the sword is flung away to hit the canyon wall off the side of the ship. Rider is now left unarmed.

"If this is how you'll take it, then be my guest!" He shouts, raising his fists. The creature's tail swings again, bending and breaking off the railing posts, and striking at the steel structure of the ship, leaving dents in the armour. Its power is breathtaking, but Rider isn't impressed by this. He backpedals, enticing the giant crocodile to face him and follow.

It does exactly as asked, eager to get an easy strike on Rider, a look of vicious hunger in its eyes.

Then, Rider rolls back, his body sliding with ease on the wet deck of the crane ship. Soon enough the Deinosuchus follows him, smashing up lighters constructions on the deck and emerging below the crane, nearer to where the boat was trying to go before it was stuck against the wall of the canyon.

The truth is, Rider doesn't need any weapons. He clenches his fist tight, his gaze locked on the beast in front of him.

Its maw opens wide, and it shuts its powerful mouth down on the shield. The oval-shaped piece of wood snaps under its reckless, renewed strength, and it shakes its head from side to side, tossing the two snapped halves of the shield into the river.



-- --


The deck's started to tilt even more. I can see the beast down below, fighting with Rider. It throws its body forward at him, trying to shut its jaws on his body, but with one strong hand he grabs its upper jaw, and with some effort, parries the thing's bite to the side as though he was bullfighting with the creature. Crocodile-fighting? I'm not sure.

Still, it's definitely not going to stop anytime soon, unless Rider utterly destroys the thing with a Noble Phantasm... and I'm not sure if he's even willing to do that, since it seems like he's enjoying himself, almost playing with the thing.

There's no mistaking the monster's power, though. I could compare it favourably with a Servant even, and most of all it just won't give up. Rider tosses a materialized spear or harpoon at the crocodile, but it just embeds into the hard scales and is shaken off moments later. We've got to bring something heavy onto it in order to truly kill it.

A plan forms almost immediately in my head, but it's a dangerous one. It'll take some time, but I think... I think I can bring this crane down on top of the beast, and crush it right on the deck.



-- --


Rider nods at his Master's plan and lets out a laugh as he smiles, still focused on the Deinosuchus. It's still putting up a good fight, and Rider hasn't quite been able to end this yet. Just moments later, now, he has a serious look on his face, and even past the water coating his body a bead of sweat makes its way down his forehead. He's wrestled bears and moose before, but this thing is in a league of its own.

"I should mount your head on my wall, or send you to the Smithsonian!" He says as he does a rolling dodge to avoid the beast's reckless tackle. "You're a rare specimen; I think the boys at the museum will love to get a hold of you!"

The dinosaur's tackle nearly sent it careening off the edge of the ship, but this deck isn't quite as oddly angled as near the stern, due to the bow of the ship being stuck in the rock of the canyon wall. It'll take time, but even this side of the ship will crash down into the waves, or at least become somewhat vertical. If that happens, then the deck will be nearly impossible to fight on.

Rider takes a moment to look up at his Master, who has his hands pressed tight to one of the sections of the crane's steel. His plan might not even work, but it's work trying, or so Rider himself thinks. But, his fight is more immediate. The Deinosuchus isn't giving up, and is quite clearly trying to get into close quarters with Rider.

He take sin a deep breath. As the creature tilts its head to the side, trying to snap its jaws around Rider's stomach rather than his whole body, Rider twists about, running forward and narrowly avoiding the creature's teeth. He runs across its back and it shakes itself about in a successful attempt to get the man off of its body. However, it was too successful.

For but a moment it rolls onto its scaled back to reveal its stomach, and Rider wastes no time. His eyes narrow, and he materializes a hunting knife in his hand. Running alongside the creature as it rolls to hide its weak flesh, Rider cuts open a section of its skin, sending red liquid splattering over the deck. The beast recoils instantly at the pain, whipping its tail about and tripping Rider with a heavy whack to his legs.

He wraps his arms around the tail, getting it in a tight lock even as the Deinosuchus puts all of its effort into bashing Rider away. Though the extra weight makes it hard to maneuver its tail as quickly as usual, Rider is shaken about and beaten on the deck and against the railing. However, he holds on tight throughout all of the crocodile's attempts to tear him off, and yet it shows no sign of stopping.

That all comes to an end when, at the height of a tail whip, Rider materialized his whole heavy trunk by him, grabbing onto one side handle with all of his might. As it turns out, that much weight is too much for even this mighty beast, and the next time it successfully whips its tail around, after struggling twice with the weight of Rider and his trunk, it finds itself suddenly much more free: Rider has loosened his grip, and is standing on his feet once again.

The Deinosuchus is right near the ship's bow, and Rider its right between it and the solid main structure of the ship, being cornered with no place to go; debris from the monster's rampage has already blocked off all exits.



-- --


A great blue and white wave of water pours over the deck, but it doesn't reach me, here on the crane.

There's an enormous groan from the steel lattice at its last remaining points; I'm on the lower section of supports, and have already smashed the other half apart. It's a simple procedure: I have a hammer in my hand, and I infuse so much ice into the metal that it becomes utterly cold and brittle. A blow or two from the hammer usually shatters the weakened steel outright, just like ice.

I keep one hand tightly held onto the cold metal of the crane; I'm going to stay with this thing. I shake my head, getting the river water off of my face, and continue applying more and more ice to this last support. With this one down, the whole front of the crane will buckle in on itself, crashing towards the deck below.

Looking down, it's a greater distance than it seemed. Maybe even more than sixty feet, but I try not to focus on that. I'm not going to last like this much longer, so I've got to do this while I can still keep my mind on just this one task.

Raising my arm, I bring up the hammer, and then smash it down. The steel falls apart just like nothing, and there's an even more ominous creak from the crane. Amidst that I can hear Rider berating the beast he's fighting as it's just about to pin him against one wall of the tower this crane extends off of. Then, a dull snapping noise.

It's not a limb or a neck, but I have hardly any time to contemplate it. The snap, I know, was the last of the metal crane giving way, and now it's swinging down at a low angle; I'm doing my best to just hold on.

The metal edges of the crane where I smashed the supports impale the crocodile, stabbing past its tough scales with the sheer weight of the crane. It swings its head to either side, writhing in pain, but it doesn't give up.

Even with the crane stuck in its body, crushing it under several tons of steel, it moves its body about and manages to twist the other end of the crane attached to a secondary tower, eventually bending the metal so much that it just broke off, completely burying the dinosaur in a mesh of heavy white steel.

But even that's not going to stop it.

With a sideways thrust of its body it rolls the crane off of itself, sending it sliding along the deck towards me as I stand half-crouched, clutching my chest and the broken rib. A throb of pain surges through my body and my eyes go wide as I focus on nothing but the huge steel lattice coming straight at me.

It pushes me back, and only my quick thinking prevents me from being knocked off the edge of the ship: I flash-freeze the metal to the water-drenched deck, stopping the crane's movement almost immediately. Still, there's the issue of the dinosaur to deal with, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop fighting anytime soon, even as blood continues to seep from the wounds on its back.

I crawl over the hunk of metal, and see Rider nearly backed up against the ship's tall, central structure. I've got to move in and help him, and I've got to do that as soon as humanly possible.

Rushing with all of my single-minded strength, I take in a deep breath, smelling the sweet watery river air. I make a break for the beast's tail, hoping to distract it or even freeze it to the deck, but it's far more aware than I had made it out to be.

Its tail smashes against my legs, nearly breaking them outright, and my whole body is smashed up against the crane. I'm down for the count, and now I can barely even move or raise my head to look at what Rider's doing...



-- --


This is the last leg of the fight. Rider rolls his wrists around, takes a breath, and curls his fingers in and out, getting his whole body warmed up for this. His Master's reckless attack on the Deinosuchus made for a nice distraction, but this battle couldn't go on any longer. Rider knows that he has to end it, and the only option left to him is perhaps the most dangerous of them all.

A surge of energy fills him, and he steps back onto a small platform behind him, getting his back tight against the slick wet steel of the wall. He's got nowhere to go now. Nowhere but forward, that is, and he gets ready for a leap.

His legs push off against the metal platform he's standing on, bringing him up above the creature's body. It looks up at him with its little eyes, its maw opening wide in hopes of Rider falling right in. However, that's not exactly what the man had planned. He stands on its back and then kneels down, getting himself right into position. This is where he knows his plan will get risky.

With the crocodile's huge mouth still open, he wraps his arms around its upper jaw, impaling his arms on its teeth. He doesn't mind it, though; the pain is nothing but a stimulant to him, making him keep going even in the face of death.

The beast clamps its mouth down shut, jerking Rider's body forward. That only distracts it, and while the pain is more intense than he thought it would be, he grits his teeth, bearing this sensory onslaught. He can smell its foul, rotten breath, and feels its hot saliva seeping onto his arms.

But most of all, he can sense its fear.

There's no better time to act than now, and Rider beats his head down on the creature's skull, disorienting it for a moment as it was lulled into a false sense of security. It's starting to panic now, and its jaws loosen enough, even for a moment, for Rider to tear his arms free. They're lined with his own hot blood, but by now there's no stopping this man.

"It takes more than that to kill a bull moose!" He yells at the top of his lungs, his voice grumbling and growling as he brings those same arms and wraps them as best he can around the monster's thick neck. He can't bring them all the way around, but his grip is impossibly tight. At the last moment, he's using every ounce of strength that he's got for this one instance. He's down on his knees now, trying his best to hold on.

He pulls up on the huge crocodile's head, and it panics even more.

The only way it knows to react to this is by rolling on its side to tear off its relentless attacker. Finally, this predator has been overtaken, and it resorts to its incredible strength to turn the odds back in its favour.

That only proves to be its downfall.

As Rider grips tight, there's a dull, wet snap and the beast's body goes completely limp. Its breathy roar is suddenly silenced, and there's no more resistance to Rider being on its back.

Releasing his vice-like grip, Rider wipes his hands together, shaking off the blood that got on his hands, and brings himself up to his feet. He looks down for a moment on the great, dead crocodile, and then over to his Master.



-- --


Awe.

That's the only word I can use to explain what I'm feeling right now: complete and utter awe.

I just watched as Rider, a great and muscular man, managed to kill a beast nearly eight times his size. And yet here I am, collapsed against a downed crane, water washing against me as I stare on, unable to do anything. I hold my hand to the back of my head, feeling a throb of pain, and when I tiredly look at my palm again I see that it's coated with red blood. My blood.

At least I did something, I think as I look at the crane.

Sighing, I grab Rider's hand when he walks over to me, and I get onto my feet. I've been wounded even worse now, but there's no way in hell that I'm giving up quite so soon. I stare down the river, at the canyon further down, and listen to the rush of water below as the ship continues to list. There's not much we can do, now.

I close my eyes and shake my head, as if I'm disappointed in something. "We're going to need a smaller boat, Rider."

He laughs and pats me on the back, and we both slide down the deck of this great ship onto a much smaller one, made of wood and already rafting down the river; water splashes on my face and my body is aching more than ever, but I can take it. I have to wonder after that battle, where this river is going to bring us...

Looking behind, I see the crane ship give one last groan of resistance before finally falling on its side, the body of the giant crocodile falling and splashing into the rushing waters; the ship itself follows, soon, disappearing into nothingness below the murky water of the river.

Fangstrike
February 15th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning - Church Headquarters


"Ah, yes her. From what I can remember she is a freelancer and is not a priority for us. There's nothing noteworthy about her but if you wish you can read the small report we have on her."

"Yeah, I'd like a look at that report," Virgil said as he accepted the information and looked it over.

He looked it over and handed it back to her. Then he asked, "Is there anything I can help with? Any information we need?"

Just because he couldn't get any information it didn't mean he couldn't help out his fellow brothers and sisters. There could only be one in the end, but as long as it was one of them, it didn't really matter who... Well, that wasn't completely true. Virgil had his own personal desire to ask the Grail, but he wouldn't let it interfere with his actions.

On his way out, he picked up some more Black Keys after noticing he was running a little low on armaments.



Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Noon - Shopping Area

After he left the Church's headquarters, Virgil and his Servant decided to pick up some supplies before they headed into the Arena.

"I'll take an Arcane Monocle, Curry Bread, and Ether Drop."


Virgil (Fangstrike)
Day 1, Week 1
Afternoon - Outside the Arena

With their supplies gathered and their avenues for information gathering exhausted for the day, Virgil and his Servant made their way to the Arena to pick up some triggers and spy on the competition.

Sakuraba Haru
February 15th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning

At your first response, the man only stares harder at you, not quite sure if you are lying. Under his piercing and partially inquisitive stare, your Servant discusses matters with you. Upon your second response, he relaxes his posture.

“It’s wise of you to be honest in front of the place of the Lord.” He compliments you a bit on your integrity.

“The WEC headquarters..? I do believe I have a good idea of where they are.” His expression is one that is displeased, most likely since you are not one of the church, but he points to the east of your current location. “They are across the river over there, in a large skyscraper.”

Before you can take your leave though, he turns back to look at you. “However, I’d like to ask a favor of you. It’s not much work. I just need you to keep your eyes and ears open for certain things- namely, anything that would directly oppose the doctrines of the Church, say, a Dead Apostle. Can you do that?” He asks of you.


Vayu Sigr

Vayu paused for a moment to consider the request. Willingly hunting a dead apostle would perhaps be detrimental... if this person before him was an NPC then he might get a reward for taking one down. Actually even if he wasn't he might get something or at least some ease travelling around this area the next time he found himself here.

"I... don't see why not. If I run nto one I'll be sure to relay the information to you, if not destroy it. Unless you want to take it down yourself for some reason." Vayu weighed it up. If he met such a creature then... well no point in not telling the man here and... well if he met one he'd be unlikely to befriend it to the point of wanting to protect it from the church operatives.
It would probably more likely to make him dinner anyway, so it would be just like killing an obstacle in his way. Unless it was immensly powerful it shouldn't be any problem for Archer.

A thought swirled into Vayu's mind on whether or not a dead apostle could even be in here. Well, not like it mattered to much. If he encountered it he would then know the answer.
"Anyway, I must get going, urgent buisness you know? I'm sure a man of your stature would understand when a superior calls for you and the consequences that may follow."

SeiKeo
February 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon


"Yes, a pity. But war is like that, is it not?" Your enemy let a small smile cross his face.

Abruptly, the clear day was marred by a sudden hurricane wind, stirring up the sands in a massive storm that blotted out the sun. Visibility was reduced to barely a few feet, at least when you could keep your eyes open: you were forced to squint to protect yourself.

However, even through the sand, you could see a few spots of flame flicker.


Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning”

He nodded his head to you. Firmly wedging his cigar into his mouth, he reached behind his vehicle, grabbing something. Walking towards a downed beast - not one that you had downed, the one felled by the lance of light - he swung it over his shoulder.

Guns that big were unheard of in the modern era, banned even in the bastion of firearms, America. Explicitly military, weapons of that caliber were forbidden from civilian hands. But here this man was, with an immense rifle slung over his shoulder. If anything, it looked like a shortened sniper rifle: the massive magazine held bullets of a size that you could tell was not standard. In fact, that was what told you how illegal it was.

Weapon with him, he marched over to the corpse.

Lycodrake
February 17th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


He nodded his head to you. Firmly wedging his cigar into his mouth, he reached behind his vehicle, grabbing something. Walking towards a downed beast - not one that you had downed, the one felled by the lance of light - he swung it over his shoulder.

Guns that big were unheard of in the modern era, banned even in the bastion of firearms, America. Explicitly military, weapons of that caliber were forbidden from civilian hands. But here this man was, with an immense rifle slung over his shoulder. If anything, it looked like a shortened sniper rifle: the massive magazine held bullets of a size that you could tell was not standard. In fact, that was what told you how illegal it was.

Weapon with him, he marched over to the corpse.

Stefan and Lancer watched as “Rick” walked over to the dead triceratops, both feeling awkward and bored. On one hand, they were able to know what their opposing Master was like, and on the other, neither knew where Archer was, or what exactly “Rick” had planned.

Satehi
February 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Barthomeloi Adalbert (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1032462/1boy-black_hair-dunban-long_hair-male-simple_backg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

“Communications with other members have been going fine. Given that we do not know much about the other Servants of this war, a more secure and private channel of communication might be needed, but you'll be alerted of such things as they happen. If that is all, Adalbert, then you may leave.” She says, motioning for you to leave out the door at which you came from, as she returns to looking at documents on her desk.


---


Making your way through the city, you eventually find yourself in front of the main shopping building, a large dome sculpted from granite. Walking inside, you find a mostly desolate room, in which the centre lays a girl wearing a kimono with a red leather jacket. She rests her legs on the counter, and seems to be the storekeeper. Resting close by her is a knife.

“You’re here for items too, aren’t you?” She says lazily from her position in the centre of the room. All around you are displays showing what you can buy. “Go ahead.”


Cash on hand: 1000

Yakisoba Bread - 100 - Heals Master MP (Rank 1)
Curry Bread - 200 - Heals Master MP (Rank 2)
Ether Powder - 100 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 1)
Ether Shard - 500 - Heals Servant HP (Rank 2)
Ether Drop - 100 - Heals Servant MP (Rank 1)

Arcane Monocle - 500 - Automatically maps the City for you, noting places of interest.
Room Furnishings - Varies - Items for your room.
Tough Gloves - 2000 - Increases your max MP.

Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning

“No, if you destroy it that is just as well. However, be wary, for these foul creatures are quite resilient.” The man says. “That is all I need. Go on with your own business now. Of course, the house of the Lord is always open to His children.”

The man walks away off to parts unknown in the city, carrying his huge cross behind him in search of his prey. And you too, go on with your own business.

Walking through the streets of the Moon Cell is a disquieting experience. Although it is false, as you have been told before, a mere simulation made by the Moon Cell for the masters that would arrive in the city, everything certainly seems real enough.

Soon enough, you make it towards the river that you had been pointed to earlier by the church man. The path across the shallow river is a modern looking suspension bridge, colored entirely blue. Walking on the sidewalks of the giant bridge along with plenty of other NPC’s, you make your way across, and finally find yourself in front of the WEC headquarters, a gigantic skyscraper the dwarfed all the buildings around.

As you enter the building, a man dressed in an expensive looking suit bumps into you as he’s walking outside. You notice that he dresses quite lavishly, and has more than a couple pieces of jewelry on him.

“Watch where you’re going.” The man rudely says to you, before exiting outside of the building into the streets of the moon cell.

Looking at the room, there seems to have been some kind of argument going on in the room before you came, as there still seems to be some tension in the room.

One of the occupants of the front lobby, a woman dressed in an old fashioned, Victorian dress walks up to you after your encounter with the man. “I apologize for that man’s rude mannerisms. He has been in a most disagreeable mood since this all started. May I ask your name?”

SeiKeo
February 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


Laying his rifle on the ground beside him, Rick produced a large knife from a sheathe against his back, casually flourishing it. Then, he began to go to work. With practiced movements, he began to slice along the beast's body, carefully beginning to skin it. It looked like it would take quite a while with the size of the creature.


James Hawthorne
Looking behind, I see the crane ship give one last groan of resistance before finally falling on its side, the body of the giant crocodile falling and splashing into the rushing waters; the ship itself follows, soon, disappearing into nothingness below the murky water of the river.


The river continued onward, rushing even faster now in a line. Ahead, the canyon walls stretched... and about a few miles ahead of you, they stopped, suddenly vanishing to leave you with a view of the river joining clear sky.

Snax
February 17th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning

"Tch."

The blinding sandstorm was a problem, but Laiania sensed danger around the area.

"It's not like I can't handle this myself, though."

Smiling grimly, Laiania stretched out with her magic. First, she compressed the Oasis's water - then by releasing the pent up energy, sent all the water flying up into the sky, mixing it with the sandstorm. Water whirled about like a whirlpool, mixing with sand and making quite a lot of it fall back down to the earth as mud. With that, the skies cleared up quite a bit, but there was still a lot of sand left. Some of the water, however, hit the hints of flame - a lot of steam was created through that. It may have had other effects, too.

"Second phase - compress, heat, condense."

By adding and then removing the heat energy of the hot desert into the steam that arose, Laiania condensed them again and allowed them to fall as water again - adding to the fall of water and the mud-ification of the area. The sand was not fully gone, but a lot of it was - helping with vision a lot.

"Now, Saber!"

Saber nodded, and then hefted his sword. While he was doing so, Ellestia quickly drained another MP healing item, and stretched out with her magic - taking control of the mud now. She created compressed stones with the elements, thus solidifying the ground pretty quickly. Now they needed not to worry about sandstorms.

"Tyrfing: Release the Curse!"

Telltale hellfire-clad spirits burst out of the sword, creating more steam in the water. The undying spiritual hellfire took no heed of the water, and the flame whip of malice stretched out again, aiming for the areas where the flickers of flame had been.

Lycodrake
February 17th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


Laying his rifle on the ground beside him, Rick produced a large knife from a sheathe against his back, casually flourishing it. Then, he began to go to work. With practiced movements, he began to slice along the beast's body, carefully beginning to skin it. It looked like it would take quite a while with the size of the creature.

As the aged hunter cut into the dinosaur's hide, screeches, or maybe just very high-pitched roars, tore through the air. Shadows flew straight over the three, but each caught a glimpse of what could be either pterodactyls…or wyverns. Stefan jerked back, while Lancer repositioned her halberd slightly. It was inevitable that the predators would land, if only to get at the meat left behind from Lancer’s onslaught and Stefan’s shots.

Five_X
February 17th, 2012, 10:35 PM
The river continued onward, rushing even faster now in a line. Ahead, the canyon walls stretched... and about a few miles ahead of you, they stopped, suddenly vanishing to leave you with a view of the river joining clear sky.

James Hawthorne

To me, this looks a lot like a waterfall... or at least, a kind of drop-off in the river, which could definitely lead to some approaching rapids. I hold on to the mast of the ship, keeping myself steady for whatever's coming up.

Meanwhile, Rider seems to be looking up proudly at the sails, watching them heave with the wind's breath, filled up with air even though it really isn't that windy out around here.

Somehow, the ship is feeling lighter...

Verg Avesta
February 18th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
ARENA


“Don’t judge from appearance alone, young Master. Caster is not the only class that may allow usage of magic.”

Caster let out an amused snort when she saw how Rider reprimanded the boy. It seemed that she was rather amused by the chemistry between the trio.


“I am sorry, but I must ask about the Servants thou have found so far. In turn, I will share information about those I saw this day. Anything that can help me stop the useless fights in this damnable Arena will be really helpful.”

Caster crossed her arms, pondering a bit. Of course, sharing information was a good thing, but then again, if they were to give information for these three, it might come back to haunt them later.
----------- Or so might have the normal thought pattern be.
Instead, Caster just chuckled and made a whimsical gesture with her hand. It was the type of move that showed that there was no hostility in the female Servant. No hostility, but no doubt that she would lose in the future, either.

"Sure, why not? Well, let's see.......first of all, we ran into this huge man who was clearly Berserker. Judging from what kind of pelts and leather he was dressed in, I'd say that he must be from around Europe, though the attire itself would hint at nomadic tribes, or some such. He also had this sword......something didn't feel right about that. I'd have to think about it more to come to any conclusion. The other Servant we saw was....well, there wasn't much to go by. Just that he was probably of Greek origin, with no-name visible equipment."

That was what Caster told Rider. She might have omitted few things, but on the whole, she was being rather generous with the information she had acquired.

Meanwhile, Ulysses worked on the code without tiring one bit. Instead of using elegant solution, he had finally simply switched to flooding back the original code, with the aid of Moon Cell. One could pretty much liken it to riding on top of a tsunami. Ulysses himself did not have to extert power, as he simply pulled out the factors that hid the malicious program from the Moon Cell, and allowed the unlimited processing power of Moon Cell to simply wash away whatever non-standard programs were found. He was simply cleaning up the mess that the other hacker had left behind.

Satehi
February 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Kokonoe Emi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Your attack, while it might’ve worked on any other Servant, was ineffective against Lancer. Even though your attack went from multiple points, the enemy servant had taken one of her hands off the spear that she wielded, and with it, made a couple hand motions. The splinters of wood that flew like bullets at your opponent, aiming to end the match in the next instant… never reached your opponent.

Those deadly projectiles stood in the air, their movement halted as though they had collided with an invisible wall. With a swipe of her spear, Lancer swiped all of the once deadly projectiles aside.

“Hmm… not bad, Servant.” Your opponent said to you with a smile on her face. “It’s been a while since I’d gotten into a good fight to the death like this.”

With her spear outstretched to the side, for the first time since the fight began, you managed to get a good look at. To have so easily swiped aside some of your projectiles and smashed through the tree from earlier, it was definitely not an ordinary weapon.

The entirety spear was colored a dark red, the color of blood. Its blade stuck out at one end, a simple thing, with a razor sharp edge that would gladly drink in the blood of its enemies- this was a tool a tool for killing people, the weapon of a warrior, not the weapon of a king. Thorny, red vein-like imprints decorated the shaft of the spear, with the other end being a simple, blunt point.

“However, you’re going to have to try a lot harder if you want to get me!”

And with that, your opponent once again gripped her spear with her two arms. Bringing it in front of her again, you were once again assaulted by her lightning fast spear thrusts, who was now wary of letting you around anymore of those projectiles.

It would be foolish to think that the Servant of the Lance did not see what your master had just tried to do. However, rather than attempt to take action herself from the position that you’d lured her away to, she kept her focus on your servant. This was not because she had accepted that the trigger was lost. Rather, it was because she believed that her Master would intervene instead!


---


“Crystal…”

You darted straight forward at the trigger right in front of you. Moving as fast as the wind, you were nearly at the trigger, its artificial light coloring the grass around you a hue of blue. Yet, there was still no sign of the enemy Master interfering. In fact, at the range you were at right now, it would be impossible for the Master to pop out- there were no hiding spots close enough to intercept you know.

“…Aegis.”

A bullet came streaming forth from your left- but it was improperly aimed. It was too far in front of you to possibly hit you, a sure miss. Your opponent must’ve been aiming to hit you with that while you weren’t looking, but it was a miss. And at this range, there would be no second shot.

And that was when it happened.

Suddenly, something appeared between you and the trigger- expanding outwards from the ground, a translucent, artificial, blue tinted hexagonal wall appeared in front of you. It appeared without warning, and despite its glass like appearance, you could tell it was definitely sturdy.

Lacking sufficient distance to stop your impressive momentum now or attempt to move to one of the sides of the large shield, you put out your legs forward, and upon making contact with the solid, translucent wall, you kick off of it, stopping your previous momentum instantly, and sending you up into the air.

Gracefully landing on the ground after your maneuver, you observe that the wall still remains in place. Strangely enough, looking at the construct for too long starts to make you feel ill- like a headache is beginning to form.

Obviously, the wall must’ve been created by your opponent- but even when creating this wall, they had not shown themselves at all. That either meant that they’d placed this as some kind of trap, which would mean this had been a setup, or that your opponent could create and use codecasts at a distance.

However, there was still one other factor- the bullet from earlier. It had missed, that much was true- but right beneath the tip of the shield that blocked your passage to the Trigger, lay the bullet from before.

Thanks to your own experience with ballistic trajectories, it takes you only a moment to figure out the presumed location within the forest of your opponent from the bullet they had shot out earlier- and not a moment too soon, as another bullet comes streaming forth at you!

Satehi
February 19th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Seishirou Li
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

Your blade swings down, and in one swift motion, it cleaves straight through the flank of the creature, craving a deep gash into its side, and ending its virtual existence. In one stroke, you’ve cleanly defeat this creature. There was hardly a second for it to cry out.

It vanishes back into the pieces of code which made up its existence, which float around for but the briefest moments before dissolving away in the virtual environment of the Arena, leaving not a physical trace of its existence.

But that doesn’t mean your deed has gone unnoticed.

The other creature that was also within your range of sight notices the plight of its ally, and it weaves through the trees in your general direction. Even though it can’t detect you, that would mean nothing if it just decided to ram into everything within the general vicinity of the creature from before- nothing more then a blind charge.

Blackdeath6031
February 19th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


Hmph. Easy.

Thinking this with an invisible smile, the rashly ignorant and arrogant Seishirou dodged to the side until he was clear of being hit by the charging headbutt, but still within reach of the beast.

Then, as though it was something obvious, he trust his sword, now held horizontally, out in front of him, such that the creature would have to pass through the blade of the sword to complete its charge, slicing itself on the weapon as a result.

A few seconds later, somewhere in that clearing, Seishirou could hear a faint slap made from what seemed like two bits of skin coming into contact with each other.
"You're not gonna live long if you're that naive, Lee."

"Oh, shut up!" He snapped back at Rider.

Ace
February 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Naomi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

"Why you...! Do you not understand who you're talking to? I'm Shinji Matou!" he yelled furiously. "Who cares about a thing like age when you have talent?" The edges of his mouth turned up as an idea popped into his head. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for you to anger him like that he now seemed more determined than ever to make you suffer for the damage you've done on his ego.


Emanres Umodna Rasti
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

You walk around the two brawling dinosaurs. They seem to be too concerned with each other to bother you which suits you just fine. While you walk you begin to notice something... music? It was a little hard to hear over the dinosaurs but it was unmistakably the sound of music. It was a nice relaxing tune. Whoever was playing it must have been fairly talented.

You didn't have much time to think about it as right before your very eyes the skyscraper like trees began to move trying to trap you. You moved quickly trying to make it past before it was too late but the grass on the ground grew and wrapped around your feet. The grass was weak and it only took you a second to free yourself but by then it was too late. The trees you admired had become a cage and within this cage were the two dinosaur from earlier.

Like you, they were trapped and confused. They decided to ignore their confusion and continue their battle. In this closed space you could not help but get dragged into their battle. While it didn't seem like much, two mere animals couldn't compare to a hero of legend after all, you could feel yourself weakening just a little.

But at the very least you can make the first move against your enemies.

SeiKeo
February 20th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


You could tell that this was a situation he had been in many times before. With a practiced move, he suddenly rolled to the side, grabbing his rifle in one hand.

Lying on his back now, he pivoted the weapon towards the sky, keeping it snug against his shoulder. "Archer, PULL!" He shouted a command to the air.

Flash.

Again, from the horizon came two shots streaming silver, perfectly penetrating the heads of two beasts. His finger squeezed on the trigger.

A lance of light burst from the barrel, accompanied by a massive crack of sound. Not aimed as precisely as the other two shots, this one was destined for the center of mass of the beast, the body.

Clearly, it was enough. At impact, the body of the flying creature detonated in a bloody mess, raining gibbets upon the grass.

"Scavengers." Muttering to himself, Rick rolled himself back upright, dusted himself off, and kept on with his skinning.

zlol365
February 20th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Ruca Hausen
Day 1, Week 1: Afternoon
Outside Atlas Headquarters (Hausen's Workshop)

"Saber, we have no news or information of this opponent that we are to fight. The battle for us will be a tough one... do your best."

Ruca whispered those words to seemingly himself, but rather it was directed to his invisible companion, Saber. He then furrowed his eyebrows as he thought back to his attempts to crack the wordings. He had gotten nothing out of Atlas's archives about the mysterious wordings or what it meant. So what that meant that he was left with nothing more then luck to survive this first battle of the grail war.

He would survive though... He had to. There was something he had to find out, at all costs, and the onyl means was Moon Cell. So till then, he could not afford a single mistake. If he had no information, then he would play this battle with his utmost caution... he would not allow himself to fail at this stage.

With that thought, he closed his eyes for the bit and set off. He would enter the arena for what could be his final match.

Lycodrake
February 20th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


You could tell that this was a situation he had been in many times before. With a practiced move, he suddenly rolled to the side, grabbing his rifle in one hand.

Lying on his back now, he pivoted the weapon towards the sky, keeping it snug against his shoulder. "Archer, PULL!" He shouted a command to the air.

Flash.

Again, from the horizon came two shots streaming silver, perfectly penetrating the heads of two beasts. His finger squeezed on the trigger.

A lance of light burst from the barrel, accompanied by a massive crack of sound. Not aimed as precisely as the other two shots, this one was destined for the center of mass of the beast, the body.

Clearly, it was enough. At impact, the body of the flying creature detonated in a bloody mess, raining gibbets upon the grass.

"Scavengers." Muttering to himself, Rick rolled himself back upright, dusted himself off, and kept on with his skinning.

Stefan opened his mouth to comment, but closed it just the same. That certainly was interesting, and showed how the opposing duo worked together. Really, the only thing he could think to do now was to leave Rick and his Archer where they were and go find a Trigger…but he had no sign of where one was, and really no clue where to start looking, other than to wander around the surrounding plains.

Lancer spoke up, breaking the silence, “Old man, do you mind if we leave now?”

SeiKeo
February 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning

Lancer spoke up, breaking the silence, “Old man, do you mind if we leave now?”

He glanced back at you. "Mmm, yeah, you should go try and find that Trigger. I'll be off when I finish this: give you a head start." A teasing grin peeked out of the corner of his mouth. Despite his earlier frustration with you, he really didn't seem to mind too much.


Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Morning


"Tch." You could hear the Servant click his tongue in annoyance. "Water, mmm."

Like a tug of war, he had pulled a little, creating a sandstorm. You had pulled back, wetting the desert. Now, impractical as the metaphor was, he pushed the rope.

A twist of his power suddenly gathered water from miles around, utterly desiccating the air. The moisture in the soil for hundreds of feet deep was drawn out, causing the earth to erupt in geysers as a monsoon rain hammered down on you.

You could still see the flames, now wreathed in steam. The curse rushed towards them... and passed straight through, continuing out away from the battlefield.

Whoever he was, he had grasped the nature of the Phantasm, even only seeing it once. A curse that attacked the soul. So, what had he done? It should be unblockable.

As the flames rushed in, you suddenly realized what had happened. He had simply created beings without a soul - elementals, spirits of pure fire with no mind or spirit, granted movement by magic.

Five columns of flame the size of a man charged your Servant, while two approached you.

Lycodrake
February 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


He glanced back at you. "Mmm, yeah, you should go try and find that Trigger. I'll be off when I finish this: give you a head start." A teasing grin peeked out of the corner of his mouth. Despite his earlier frustration with you, he really didn't seem to mind too much.

“Right,” nodded the younger of the two. Stefan awkwardly shuffled his feet, but dragged by his color by Lancer. “Don’t have time to have you stumble over trying to say ‘see you soon’. Come on.” With that, both Master and Servant walked, Lancer choosing to go west, with the sun at their back.

SeiKeo
February 20th, 2012, 08:11 PM
James Hawthorne


The small ship careens towards the edge, coasting atop the water now with unnatural featherlight weight. As you approached the edge, it confirmed your suspicions - the noise and mists were unmistakably a waterfall. Forward over the edge, your boat knocked a rock, flicking it into the air. Jostled, you were thrown to the side and grabbed onto the rail, glancing down-

White mist. Below you, everything faded into a churn of vaporized water, hiding the ground, the bottom of the waterfall... everything faded into a mist of white.

Plateau Trance. This was a condition sometimes known on Earth, but basically impossible to be afflicted by, due to the mundanity of the landscape. But, out here, in the digitized past, that was not true. The impossibly high mountains or cliffs that created it did exist.

Effectively, Plateau Trance was a condition where the mind simply had no way to process visual input. The blank white of mist, or the infinite drop of a impossibly large cliff, or a haze blending horizon into sky... sights such as those were outside the brain's comprehension. The result was inaction in response to incomprehension. The body simply stopped, staring into the mist in a thousand yard stare until something happened to jolt the other senses.

This had happened to you. Unprepared for the drop, the air caught your mind, blanking thought. Next you knew, you were falling through the air, among tattered remains of wood and rope.

SeiKeo
February 21st, 2012, 02:01 AM
Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Noon

On your brave dinomount, you set off towards the lake, easily speeding through the forest with raptor speed. Fountains of earth flying behind Berach's feet, he traveled with all due haste, quickly arriving within sight of the lake.

Once again, the true vastness of the body of water struck you. Yes, the shore stretched to both sides of you, but could you see an opposite boundary? No. For all you knew, you were not on the shores of a lake, but of a primeval ocean. That theory was destroyed as you knelt and tasted the waters. Fresh. It was a lake, but it may as well be an inland sea for the purpose of your situation.

Standing, you noticed something in the water. Strangely, it was quite clear, providing you with a straight view to the bottom for a great distance within the lake. A massive rock sat fifty feet away from the shore, perhaps under twenty feet of water. It was less a boulder and more a massive slab, like a pillar of Stonehenge laid flat on its side and washed over. Mostly smooth, the occasional bump or clump of algae marred its face... and something else. From center of the rock protruded a three-sided pyramid, maybe half a foot high. It gave off a kind of internal light, but filtered through the water, whatever its original color was lost, instead transformed into a dull, greenish glow.

What you could not help from noticing was that its shape and color would, going by the prototype you had seen earlier in the forest, fit quite well half of a Trigger. However it had got there was an interesting mystery to ponder, but something for later, one would think.

---

In a tropical forest such as the one you had passed through, there was no small abundance of small streams and puddles. Compared to other possible environments, it was rather lush, with an abundance of flora and fauna. However, water did not gather in great concentrations, mostly absorbed into the plants. As such, it was a rich feeding ground, but as a drinking site, it left something to be desired. There were lakes in it, true, but they were far between and required travel. If a creature on its grazings strayed too far from any one source, it would have to seek the nearest. For some journeys and creatures traveling them, the only source large enough was the lake itself.

---

The deep reverberation of thunder reached your ears. No clouds, though - thunder was mistaken. What wo...

Any question you had died in your brain as it came into view. Above the treeline, you could see a row of short spinelike growths protruding from a massive green back, like some kind of great parody of Jaws. Yet, this was without a doubt real, as its proper emergence made clear.

The small head of a herbivore poked out, small beady eyes regarding the area in front of it. It was carried on a neck of truly mad length, at least as long as a school bus. The neck led onto a body not much shorter than the neck, thin but still carrying great mass. Said body tapered off into a tail longer than the head and the neck together, cutting lazy whips in the air.

Its head turned towards you. Your size was such that it did not register you as a great threat, but that would be easy to change. It was likely that it would interpret most movement as hostile.

Five_X
February 21st, 2012, 03:07 AM
James Hawthorne

Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

I'm falling down this waterfall and there's nothing much around me and I can't look ahead and-

Alright. I've got to think up something now to get myself out of this. I'm not so weak as to be bested by a rumbling bunch of water, now am I? Whatever Rider's doing, I bet he's got a plan now, too. No sense thinking about him, though; I have my own problems to attend to.

I'm cautious, but I have to act fast. Good, I can do that. No problem. I take in a deep breath (or, come as close to that as I can while on this sheer drop) and check the water falling beside me. It's not perfect, but what I'm thinking of should work well, at least for now.

As I fall I freeze the water tumbling down the cliff, using it not to stop myself but merely to slow my descent long enough for me to find a safe place to get off, if that's even possible at all.

Really, it seems hopeless, but then...

"Hi ho, boy!" A man floats down beside me, a half-sphere of white cloth extending up above him. It looks like Rider's actually fashioned himself a makeshift but sturdy parachute, and he's even got a sort of backpack for it; he either took this out of his trunk or actually built it from the ship as it fell, who knows.

He knits his eyebrows, as I look rather shocked to see him. "What, you thought I was dead or something?" He lets out a hearty laugh, and grabs hold of my arm, floating off a bit away from the waterfall and its raging spray.

Snax
February 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon

Laiania started running, as soon as the flames started approaching her. However, she ran towards her Servant, instead of running away from the fray of battle.

'Saber, can you hear me?'
'Yeah, the mental link is still as good as ever. How my curse didn't work is interesting, though.'
'I have an idea, but I need you to help for a while. First, drag the flames in all together.'

Laiania wasn't as fast as her Servant, but she had pride in her stamina. While she was at it, she took hold of some of the water and quickly shot it at the flames running at her, slowing their gait for just a bit.

As soon as Saber and Laiania gathered together, they stood back to back - with the flames encircling them drew closer.

'On my mark, Saber.'
'Sure, Master. Just don't screw this up.'

Five pillars of mud rose up in the shape of a pentagon. Laiania made them grow as tall as 2 flights of stairs, and then made them branch out and connect. At that time, the flames were nearly close enough for an attack. And then, the flames rushed at the duo, crackling with steam and their hellish heat.

"Now, Saber!"

Saber grunted as he took hold of his Master and jumped high into the air. At that same moment, Laiania dropped several flame grenades onto the ground - at the same time the five mud pillars branched out, trapping the flames in a small but enclosed, thick mud pentagon. Laiania then quickly compressed the some of the elements in the mud into stone, hardening it so that the rain would not loosen it too much.

Several small explosions, along with a hissing noise - the flame grenades would continuously burn all the oxygen inside it until there was none left. The question was, would the flame spirits escape before that? It was most probable that they would break out of the mud easily, since it did not have any properties apart from being a simple wall between them and the flames. It would take 5 seconds for the oxygen to burn out. What to do?

"Nope."

As if answering his Master's thoughts, Saber took Tyrfing and pointed it at the pentagon. A bunch of spirits flocked from it, surrounding the mud-stone mixture and keeping it together, reinforcing it. As soon as he did so, he dropped his Master, who landed on the ground safely - allowing Laiania to prepare for contingencies.

"Now, instead of this trickery - let's get some real combat, shall we!"

With that, Saber burst more ghosts out from Tyrfing, shooting his hellfire curse at the enemy Servant. In quick concession, he dashed forward, sword held high above his head for a consecutive blow.

EnigmaticFellow
February 22nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Barthomeloi Adalbert (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1032462/1boy-black_hair-dunban-long_hair-male-simple_backg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


“Communications with other members have been going fine. Given that we do not know much about the other Servants of this war, a more secure and private channel of communication might be needed, but you'll be alerted of such things as they happen. If that is all, Adalbert, then you may leave.”

With that statement said, I nod my head to her and take my leave.

100%


“You’re here for items too, aren’t you? Go ahead.”

'Don't bother with the fixtures, master. Clearly those who put these up for sale must have poor taste.'

Though I was not going to waste any amount of money on unnecessary fixtures. My Servant saw it fit to state the same, but most likely for reasons unlike mine. He's been doing much the same for when we are in the city. It's almost maddening having to deal with Caster pointing out every flaw on any object he seeks to criticize. Perhaps I should find triggers so that we can leave this city and end my Servant's derisive commentaries.

So, I purchased a curry bread, ether powder, ether drop, and an arcane monocle and quickly took my leave towards the arena.

SeiKeo
February 24th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


Go West, young man. It was a classic piece of American advice, one that tended to be rarely wrong. Admittedly, it wasn't exactly meant to apply to searching for computer-magical artifacts, but times change.

It still seemed fitting, though. Go west, out into the land that looked like what you were walking through. The difference for you was that there was no promise of Oregon or California at the end, no holy grail.

...okay, there was a holy grail, but it was far more abstract, a concept rather than a real promise. And this journey wasn't even the end of it. Six more times you would do this, just to be given the final opportunity.

Topping a steep hill, you managed to see far over the plains, catching a glimpse of something unusual. A large hill, or perhaps a small mountain. But, not. This had the look of a hill that had been stripped of its dirty exterior, only leaving a lone, proud core of stone standing in the plains.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Saddlerock_Scotts-Bluff_NM_Nebraska_USA.jpg


Ruca Hausen
Day 1, Week 1: Afternoon
Outside Atlas Headquarters (Hausen's Workshop)

Flick.

...maybe the Moon Cell was confused. Because, if this was an arena, the tournament must be beach volleyball or the like.

Tropical paradise. A shallow lagoon stretched in front of you, displaying crystal azure waters. You were standing on a sandy beach at its edge, a jungle rearing behind. Looking out, you could see a collection of islands off in the distance, but you assumed that the lagoon was larger than the tiny-seeming specks.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/PalmyraNorthBeach.jpg/800px-PalmyraNorthBeach.jpg

It was calm.

Lycodrake
February 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Stefan Luther (Lycodrake)
Week 1, Day 1
Mid-Morning


Go West, young man. It was a classic piece of American advice, one that tended to be rarely wrong. Admittedly, it wasn't exactly meant to apply to searching for computer-magical artifacts, but times change.

It still seemed fitting, though. Go west, out into the land that looked like what you were walking through. The difference for you was that there was no promise of Oregon or California at the end, no holy grail.

...okay, there was a holy grail, but it was far more abstract, a concept rather than a real promise. And this journey wasn't even the end of it. Six more times you would do this, just to be given the final opportunity.

Topping a steep hill, you managed to see far over the plains, catching a glimpse of something unusual. A large hill, or perhaps a small mountain. But, not. This had the look of a hill that had been stripped of its dirty exterior, only leaving a lone, proud core of stone standing in the plains.

“…okay, so we walked all this way, but don’t have any way to climb that. Or at least not any way I can think of…maybe going around the base of it to check for any caves?” commented the bedraggled Stefan, patting off dust and trying to fix his hair a bit from being dragged by Lancer most of the way. He’d barely managed to hang onto his weapon, until he was able to holster it again.

“Or I could carry you and run up the cliffside,” suggested Lancer.

“You already dragged me around to get here, so…yeah, no,” deadpanned the young man, resisting the urge to blush or face-palm at her statement.

“Heh, you make it sound like you don’t want me to carry you in my arms.”

“…you’re too good at this,” Stefan muttered.

“I dealt with a lot of adoration, so I can tease and banter when I want. You need to learn to relax more often. As for what to do, I’d say your suggestion is also a good one, so let’s do that.” Nodding, they both set out to survey the area around the small mountain, searching for any caves or paths.

Sakuraba Haru
February 24th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning

“No, if you destroy it that is just as well. However, be wary, for these foul creatures are quite resilient.” The man says. “That is all I need. Go on with your own business now. Of course, the house of the Lord is always open to His children.”

The man walks away off to parts unknown in the city, carrying his huge cross behind him in search of his prey. And you too, go on with your own business.

Walking through the streets of the Moon Cell is a disquieting experience. Although it is false, as you have been told before, a mere simulation made by the Moon Cell for the masters that would arrive in the city, everything certainly seems real enough.

Soon enough, you make it towards the river that you had been pointed to earlier by the church man. The path across the shallow river is a modern looking suspension bridge, colored entirely blue. Walking on the sidewalks of the giant bridge along with plenty of other NPC’s, you make your way across, and finally find yourself in front of the WEC headquarters, a gigantic skyscraper the dwarfed all the buildings around.

As you enter the building, a man dressed in an expensive looking suit bumps into you as he’s walking outside. You notice that he dresses quite lavishly, and has more than a couple pieces of jewelry on him.

“Watch where you’re going.” The man rudely says to you, before exiting outside of the building into the streets of the moon cell.

Looking at the room, there seems to have been some kind of argument going on in the room before you came, as there still seems to be some tension in the room.

One of the occupants of the front lobby, a woman dressed in an old fashioned, Victorian dress walks up to you after your encounter with the man. “I apologize for that man’s rude mannerisms. He has been in a most disagreeable mood since this all started. May I ask your name?”

"Ah... well people are impolite all the time. Though consider he just came out of here... shouldn't he be a bit more well mannered if he associates with us? Or did he hear rather bad news...? Well, it's not my duty to butt into the buisness of strangers. My name is Vayu Sigr of the WEC, maybe you've heard of me?"

Vayu wouldn't be surprised if he was, and he wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. He wasn't all that high but not all that low considering his contributions. The aim is to climb to the top. To change the world.
Vayu's eyes skimmed over her clothing quickly, he rather liked the basic style of it, though perhaps not so much in its entirety.

"Hey Master, couldn't you just kill all the WEC people, that way you can just try to cover your tracks and take control in the confusion right?"

Archer's voice rang through Vayu's mind. He couldn't answer right now, but still the question was at least good to some extent.

Obviously the reason would be it would be too hard to attempt and difficult to perform. Killing the leader only means someone new will take that place... and even if you take it then others will climb to the top, to pull you down from your throne and feed you to the wolves. Vayu sighed and looked back directly into the eyes of the woman before him.

Whenever talking to someone, eye contact is an essiential and good technique.

RacingeR
February 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Alistair Hemmington & Alan Griffin [Mellon & Airen]
Day 1, Week 1
Noon

Only silence answered the question. As the man hiding far in the shadows understood that his presence had been noticed, some kind of shadow materialized behind him, grabbing the man that only Lancer could perceive, and suddenly starting an incredibly fast run.

Already being far away, and with the speed of the shadow’s movements, they were out of the range of your vision in almost the blink of an eye. However, not fast enough for you to not notice that in the upper part of the shadow, were it’s head would be, there was a white mask that resembled a skull.

And so, the mysterious pair vanished away, leaving both Alistair and Alan alone with their Servants, as if preparing the stage for what was to follow. As far as anyone could sense, you all were alone.

Still, even if it was a sensation barely felt on the back of your skin, the four of you couldn’t help but to think that there were eyes still staring at you, waiting for something. After all, the WEC wouldn’t leave one of its best cards, the hacker Alistar Hemmington, alone.

Yes... it was probable that they wouldn’t move until the last instant, but the WEC had someone following him, someone observing him for his own security. The fact that even Lancer couldn’t perceive its exact location spoke volumes of the follower’s ability.


Ulysses [Verg Avesta]
Day 1, Week 1
Noon

At Caster’s words, Rider nodded, however, by his expression, he had noticeably been expecting something else. It was as if he was relieved and disappointed at the same time.

“On the Servants we encountered... there was that strange girl that used one of those strange contraptions that you call a revolver to fight, but she retreated after a brief exchange of words. There was also the cowardly Archer that attacked us from the forest, that dared to aim and attack at my Masters, but I repelled him successfully. And then...”

His expression had suddenly become unreadable. “There was this monster. I never saw it, but I saw the destruction it left behind, and sensed its fights. It just attacks everyone and everything indiscriminately, and if my senses don’t deceive me, it has already annihilated at least one Servant with ease.”

It seemed like he was going to add something, but at that moment Ulysses, who had been working while Will and Sarah looked at his coding with faces that clearly indicated they understood nothing, finally got past the program. A white light illuminated a tree-covered hill not far away from your position, the cube of light floating slightly above a tall tree.

But that was not all.

At the instant the program that blocked the trigger vanished, a chain of programs was executed instantly, causing a great amount of monsters to spawn in the area. Gigantic creatures from the ancient past, ferocious dinosaurs with a taste for flesh... all of them in the path to the Trigger of the Moon Cell

For Ulysses, disposing of those pesky programs that had forced the enemies to spawn was an easy task, however, the hand of Rider fell in his shoulder, without executing any kind of pressure.

“Halt, young man. You have done enough.” With that, he turned towards Caster with a respectful bow. “Sorry for my intervention, my fair lady, but I have sworn to never run away from any monsters, and those ‘dinosaurs’ are no exception. Furthermore, it shall make our glorious race to the Trigger all the more worthy of legend.”

“Do thee agree with me, milady?”


Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Noon

The walk to the volcano was pretty peaceful, all things considered. No other dinosaur crossed your path, even though you sometimes stumbled into signals of recent battle. For example, a clearing in the forest completely drenched in blood, with half devoured bodies of creatures that barely resembled dinosaurs strewn around. Despite the mess, there was no trail left by whatever had killed the monsters.

As you continued forward towards the volcano, you came across another battle scene, at least judging from the destruction all around you. It was just after abandoning the forest, in the plain between it and the more mountainous area. Though there was tons of signals of battle, and it was easy to feel in the air the enormous discharges of magical energy, one of the combatants had left not trail, again, while the other seemed to have kept going towards the volcano.

At that moment, you became aware that someone had been following you. It was quite the disconcerting sensation, being able to feel that presence around, but unable to point out its location at all, never mind reading what kind of thing it was.

...

Since when was the volcano so far away?

Spinach
February 26th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Aaron Thorson
Week One, Day One
Noonish

"It's bigger than a dragon..." Rider whispered, his words drowned out by the thunderous footsteps of the colossal sauropod. The Servant didn't make any sudden movements as the lumbering dinosaur made its way to the water's edge, hardly wanting to startle the beast. Below him Berach watched with less awestruck eyes, only cocking his head to the side at the arrival of the dinosaur. The trusty dinomount was an inhabitant of this ancient, digital world, and such a sight was far from uncommon to him as a denizen of this recreation of prehistoric Earth.

With footsteps that shook the ground, causing the sands to shift and twist beneath it the dinosaur made its way to the water's edge. Aaron watched in silence, pondering the one thing that mattered to him in this encounter.

'Crap, I forgot what these kinds of dinosaurs are called.'

This is what went through Aaron's mind as he watched the dinosaur lower its head to drink from the lake.

'Saura... saura something... sauropods? That's it, sauropods.'

At this point Aaron should have turned his attention to the underwater slab, and the trigger atop it, but Aaron was not one with such normal priorities.

'But what kind of saurapod? Brachiosaurus? Ampelosaurus? No, those weren't supposed to be this big...'

"Aaron, what will we do?"

'Barosaurus? No, that isn't right. Um...'

"It doesn't look hostile, though it might get violent if we startle it. I think we should just ignore the dinosaur and try to reach the Trigger."

'Apatosaurus? No. Camarasaurus? Diplodocus?'

"The water is quite clear, and I don't see anything that looks threatening down there... are you listening to me? Aaron? You're not, are you?"

'Brachi- no, I already went over that. Uh, Argentinosaurus? No, none of these were that big! Why can't I remember? Did I ever know in the first place?'

Too hung up on his inability to memorize the name of everything in all of existence, Aaron paid no mind to the sigh that Rider gave as he lowered himself from Berach. "Just... just stay out of trouble while I get the Trigger." Rider said, looking less and less inclined to believe that Aaron even heard him. Seeing Aaron hang his head and begin to recite the names of multiple dinosaurs Rider shrugged, and giving Berach a nod, he turned toward the lake.

With slow steps Rider waded into the water, glancing back and forth between the submerged Trigger and the massive sauropod, making sure that his movements weren't startling the creature. Reaching deeper waters, too deep to stand in, the Servant pushed off the lake floor, and slowly made his way further out, treading water in a calm, slow fashion. After a moment of slowly making his way further out Rider looked down, confirming that he was directly above the Trigger, and giving the sauropod one last glance, he took a deep breath and dove straight down.

Bloble
February 26th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Louis Mauditoire [Bloble]
Day 1, Week 1
Noon

"Well, this is interesting."

Saber kneels to examine the traces of the most recent battlefield we've stumbled upon. Unlike the previous one that was simply the bodies of a few chewed up reptiles, this battlefield is a much more important one. At least two humans must have fought in this place, most likely Servants or Masters. I'm thinking it's the former, or both, considering the amount of magical energy still hanging in the air.

Speaking of traces...

"It isn't fascinating at all." I snap back to him irritably. While I've borne up with this sweltering heat, walking around with my shirt off like this is unbecoming of one in my station. Perhaps choosing to go to the hottest place wasn't such a bright idea after all. I explain to Saber what I mean, while running my hand through one of the spaces in the air where there is some residual magical energy, just to examine it. "This is a simple situation. Two people fought here, and afterwards one went towards the volcano. Judging from the lack of trail for the other combatant, they either lost and were killed, or possess the ability to hide their tracks."

"So? What's that got to do with us then, Master?"

"Absolutely nothing, save for bringing up the possibility that someone is already pursuing my trigger." I grit my teeth. This is unacceptable. I will not allow some thieving scum to take what belongs to me! "Come, we're going. We must reach that volcano before our enemy does-"

"What about whoever's following us?" Saber asks curiously. Idiot. He just had to say it out loud and not through our mental link. Now whoever's following us knows that we know it's there, and it knows that we know it knows we know it's following us. "Shouldn't we take care of them first?"

"No. I will not waste any time on someone too cowardly to face me directly. If our stalker does not show its face then it doesn't deserve my attention."

"Eh, I guess that's fine." Saber doesn't see any problem with ignoring the presence we've been feeling. He doesn't seem worried at all. Good, it would shame me to have a cowardly Servant. "But... at this rate, what if it follows us all the way to the trigger? We might have it snatched right from under our hands."

For once, Saber actually says something intelligent. And he has a point. Still... I have my pride to consider. And I don't want to stay in this place any longer than I have to.

"Fine, it appears that you have a point." I turn towards my back, fold my arms, and summon Saber to my side with a mental command. He stands close enough to intercept any projectiles. "You! Stalker! Come out and face me, or quit wasting my time! I haven't got all day!" I speak loudly, with an impatient expression. If our follower doesn't reveal itself, then I'll simply continue our journey to the volcano.

SeiKeo
February 27th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Ellestia Laiania
Day 1 Week 1
Noon


Trickery. It was something that had frustrated you with this opponent, his refusal to enter direct combat, letting the world and his servants do the work. This was no different. You had attacked and imprisoned minor flame spirits of his, true, but he remained unassailed: something you intended to change.

Now, how could he allow this? He knew your abilities, he knew your strategies. It occurred to you: strange. Why would a Caster choose to bring himself down to your level?

He shook his head in annoyance as Saber rushed towards him. Standing, Saber let loose a mighty blow behind accursed fire, hammering straight through the figure with no resistance.

In fact, none at all - no metaphor. As your momentum had carried Saber straight through, he stood behind Saber, still looking in the same direction. You could see him begin to dissolve into golden sparks, showering on the ground. But even then, he shook his head. "Subtlety does not seem to be your strong point." His head vanished, the last of his body to go.

In the sky, a black square rushed off into the sun.

Day 1 End

Satehi
February 29th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Vayu Sigr
Week 1 Day 1
Morning


“Some of the rules of the Moon Cell were not quite to his liking, so he was in a most sour mood…” She trailed off a bit, not quite willing to elaborate much more.

“I am afraid that I have not heard of you before, Mr. Sigr. Still, there is a first time for everything.” She says, before bowing down and doing what you recognize as a curtsy. “My name is Annabell Walker, It’s very nice to meet you, Mr. Sigr.”

Standing up straight from her curtsy, she smiles and looks you in the eye as well. “What is your business here?”


Barthomeloi Adalbert (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1032462/1boy-black_hair-dunban-long_hair-male-simple_backg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


The shopkeeper eyes you a bit, having heard the remark of your servant, but does no more. You obtain your items without much trouble.


---


Stepping into the portal to the Arena that you chose, you cross through it…

… and step down on hard stone.

The sounds of gentle, rolling waves greet you as you fully step through. Both of your feet on a solid, rock surface, you take in your surroundings.

Water surrounds you everywhere. The rock that you’re standing on is well rounded, probably eroded from the waves, and extends just a couple centimeters above the water around you. Its surface sinks below the waves not far from your location, leaving you only a meter or two of dry rock upon which to stand.

You’re not completely stranded, however. Near the rock you’re occupying, lays another rock, jutting out from the surface within leaping distance. And close to that rock is another one, also within leaping distance. And another one after that. The trail of rocks forms a sort of haphazard path, leading to a rocky shore a decent distance away. The shore is fairly ordinary, with a few boulders decorating it. Right behind the shore lays a large cliff. This barrier extended all the way across the shore, from what you see. Still, there might be some kind of passage a long it’s side.

Before you can decide on any course of action, a squelching sound interrupts you. To your right, a large, navy blue appendage of some sort juts out from the water, finding purchase on your rock.


Seishirou Li (Blackdeath)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


The blade cleaves through the flank of the creature as it completes it charge. The beast, having been grievously wounded, tumbles over and collapses by a tree. Its body does not take long to decompose into streams of code like the one from before.

That’s two of the creature’s down- but there still remains the third creature.

Looking at the direction the second creature had charged at you from, you can’t find the third dinosaur anywhere- it must still be obscured in the foliage, you think.

However, at that moment, right behind you, you hear a noise!

Blackdeath6031
March 1st, 2012, 08:52 AM
Seishirou Li (Blackdeath) (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/Dell19930/e656493439d630efa8e5160e40558900.jpg)
Day 1, Week 1
Morning

As soon as the sound is made, the boy instinctively rolled out of the way, to his right before righting himself and, crouching, checked behind him for the source of the noise.

He'd be lying if he said that he expected that, and can only hope that his instinct and secondary nature did keep him in check.

Airen
March 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Alan Griffin
Day 1, Week 1
Noon

And just like that, the shadow disappeared into the darkness of the forest, the white flash of a skull mask the only clue to it's identity.

When their presence was noticed, they fled...?

Materializing as if uncomfortable about something, Archer stepped a bit closer to Alan, her hands drawing back the green cloak that normally obscured her face. Her expression was casual enough, and she simply stared quietly at Alistair and his Servant, there was no killing intent, in fact, there was no aggression coming from the woman at all, but Alan knew that she was waiting to see whether or not they would go on with their earlier plan to attack Alistair and his Servant in order to cover their message delivery.

But it wasn't Alan's style to attack someone he had just met, and while the hidden enemies had vanished, he still had the oddest feeling that there was something or someone hanging around in the woods...

He would be polite and accept Alistair's invitation to tea for now, and wait for a better opportunity.

"Earl Gray is fine. Do you have any objections to a tea break Archer?" Alan asked as he slowly moved to approach the stump and claim his teacup.

"No." Archer closed her eyes for a moment, "This one doesn't seem to be the ambushing sort of Master."

She said that, but Alan knew that she didn't really believe that, what he knew of her past made it clear that she would be careful of sneak attacks no matter the circumstances.

Perhaps she was trying to gauge the reaction of the enemy Servant?

Elyrin
March 3rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Naomi
Day 1, Week 1
Morning


"Why you...! Do you not understand who you're talking to? I'm Shinji Matou!" he yelled furiously. "Who cares about a thing like age when you have talent?" The edges of his mouth turned up as an idea popped into his head. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for you to anger him like that he now seemed more determined than ever to make you suffer for the damage you've done on his ego.

When the boy behind her explodes, Naomi turns around to face him, arms crossed and grinning. Just as expected, his temper wouldn't allow him to remain calm after that taunt. Now, hopefully, she would be able to keep him angry until he would become more agreeable.

Are you sure angering him is a good idea, Master?

Quiet, Rider. I know what I'm doing.

As Shinji Matou starts to smile, the teenage girl raises her arm for a handshake. It wouldn't be likely to come, of course, but why not? "Good, good. I would be sorely disappointed to find my first opponent lacking in confidence. Hopefully, when we face each other in the arena, we will have an excellent fight."

Mellon
March 3rd, 2012, 09:29 AM
Alistair Hemmington
Day 1, Week 1
Noon

Alistair watched as the shadowed pair vanished in a quick run, leaving the area in a blaze of motion. They moved too fast for him to even get a glimpse of the pair, but it seemed that Lancer caught a glimpse of a white skull mask on the Servant. Which made it even more obvious that the Servant in question was most likely one of the members of the Assassin class.

"Ara? It seems that my invitation was not quite appreciated. Oh well, I guess there is always the next time."

And there was also the matter of this completely unperceivable presence. He had a good idea of who it actually was, but... No matter. Lancer did not seem to be unnerved by the hidden individual for some reason. It was as if he knew what was happening, even if he could not sense the individual in question. Not surprising, considering that he was a Servant, but the fact was still quite curious. He would have to probe the oriental spearman about this later.

Meanwhile, Alan calmly walked over to the stump and picked up one of the engraved teacups, allowing Alistair to fill the cup with hot tea.


"Earl Gray is fine. Do you have any objections to a tea break Archer?"

"No. This one doesn't seem to be the ambushing sort of Master."

Alistair raised a querying eyebrow at the statement and manifestation of Alan's Servant, a rather attractive young woman. And of the Archer class, if he heard correctly. As if replying to the other Servant, Lancer manifested next to Alistair in a whirl of crimson wind. The spearman dressed in red and golden oriental attire was clearly dismissive about the pair in front of him (as with seemingly everyone he met).

"Even my peers seem to be woefully lacking in competence. If I wanted to ambush you, girl, I would have done so while you two were frolicking around the forest, blazing your presence for everyone to see. Its hardly an ambush when you are aware of my presence.

Alistair, anticipating a possible conflict, gave a placating wave of his hand, hoping to diffuse the situation before it progressed any further.

"Now, now, Lancer. Lets be polite to our guests, who took up our offer in good faith." Lancer gave a dismissing snort, as Alistair turned towards Alan. "I am afraid Lancer is a tad... eager to say what is on his mind. I do implore you to not take it into heart."

Looking like the quintessential gentleman, Alistair took a casual a sip from his teacup, seemingly tasting the quality of the tea in question. Finding it relatively passable, especially considering the circumstances, Alistair placed the teacup back on the tea plate.

"Now. How can I help you two on this fine and lovely day?"

Airen
March 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Alan Griffin
Day 1, Week 1
Noon


"Even my peers seem to be woefully lacking in competence. If I wanted to ambush you, girl, I would have done so while you two were frolicking around the forest, blazing your presence for everyone to see. Its hardly an ambush when you are aware of my presence."

Surprisingly enough, Archer didn't seem to be too offended by this statement, and actually laughed a bit in a complete deflection of the man's vague insult, her eyes alight with a sincere humor.


"Now, now, Lancer. Lets be polite to our guests, who took up our offer in good faith."

"I am afraid Lancer is a tad... eager to say what is on his mind. I do implore you to not take it into heart."

"Now. How can I help you two on this fine and lovely day?"

"I'm not offended," said Alan as he quietly took a sip of the tea, his expression contemplative, "As for how you can help us, it's really more of a situation where I'm supposed to help you, but I'll get to that later."

For the moment, he decided not to say anything more than that.

Archer however, still standing close to her Master, seemed more focused on a previous aspect of the conversation, her laughter from earlier having turned into a quiet giggle as she focused her attention on Alistair, apparently deciding to speak directly to him herself, "Don't worry about him offending me, Master of Lancer," she laughed again, her odd violet hair (which she blamed on the moon cell) covering her right eye, "I think I can guess at what sort of guy this one is, the grumpy, complain about everything type right?" She winked at Alistair once, "Has he been trying to train you?"