PDA

View Full Version : Tera- New MMO

Nanaya
January 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
http://www.tera-online.com/node/965

A (http://www.tera-online.com/node/965)nnounced for May 1st and gearing up to possibly be the greatest MMO ever made. I can say from first hand experience its combat system blows everything else out of the water. Lots of videos on youtube if your interested.

Check it out, if you like MMO you won't be let down.

mewarmo990
January 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I have to say I'm intrigued, but I'm rather invested in The Old Republic at the moment. Will put this on my list, though.

DarkMAN
January 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Will that one be free or will it require monthly pay?

Nanaya
January 17th, 2012, 04:31 PM
It will be subscription based. Also playing swtor and personally, the combat makes me cringe when I remember how streamlined Tera was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5mVeSmakA&list=UUxiqVMic-q6EpBqNDoiMCtQ&index=5&feature=plcp

HappyCube
January 18th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Although supposedly it might run on a system where you have the option of paying, but can then buy time with ingame currency. Maybe. Don't quote that.

Alulim
January 18th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Hmm...my only problem with the game is the censoring of the outfits in the localization.

...loli-panties go bye-bye.

Nanaya
January 18th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Although supposedly it might run on a system where you have the option of paying, but can then buy time with ingame currency. Maybe. Don't quote that.

Hey Happy, long time no see. But this should be correct from what I understand^

Also, I'm sure someone will get around the character design and probably just use the korean models or something lol.

geenius3ab
January 18th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I don't find Tera that special myself.
There's enough competition for the new ''King of the MMO's'' position, in where WoW has been in the top.
There's a number of GREAT MMO's coming out, each with their great parts:
Blade & Soul (Have played it, although it's still unpolished, it will be a gem once it's finished.)
Continent of Ninth (Extremely fluid combat, with PvP focused gameplay.)
Tera online (The one you're advertising.)
Star Wars TOR (Well it's already out, but I have to add it to the list.)
Guilds Wars 2 (In my opinion it is going to be one of the strongest competitiors)

There's more, but can't remember them in the moment.

Hoster
January 19th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Hmm...my only problem with the game is the censoring of the outfits in the localization.

...loli-panties go bye-bye. Yeah, it's annoying that they have to do that simply because there is such a large amount of people being offended (or at least that is what they think) by that the game normally allows you to wear skimpy dresses. Don't blame the game for players dressing up like sluts.

DarkMAN
January 19th, 2012, 02:20 AM
But it's an RPG! Why can't I be a slut if I want to!

Cruor
January 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
War Hawk!? And a few days ago too!? I should really get out of my momentary LoL addiction >_>

Nanaya
January 21st, 2012, 09:14 PM
Yo Cruor, and yea its wh. I have some friends in to LoL now so can't blame you lol.

HappyCube
January 22nd, 2012, 04:19 AM
psh. I was into LoL before it was cool.
/hipster

Cruor
January 22nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Well, I played it a bit last year (2010) or two years ago (2009) because Tang seemed to be obsessed with it. But never really found it that interesting. However, suddenly a lot of my friends started playing it and I ended up getting really interested.

Jase
February 29th, 2012, 04:57 PM
So I played in the most recent closed beta.

It's a lot of fun. I really like Tera Online. Anyone else keeping up with the betas?

http://i.imgur.com/ytKqrl.jpg (http://imgur.com/ytKqr)

Also, getting the game decensored is really easy and trivial, lol. I didn't bother though.

Lycodrake
February 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
^Eiko Carol (Final Fantasy IX), is that you? =.=

Haven't kept track of the Betas. I don't know enough to know how or where to look for the right info, and only two or three of the Classes really interest me to even *try*, and only one of them I see myself using...so far, at least.

Jase
February 29th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I think all the classes are fairly worth trying. Even though they usually sound the same as other MMO classes, just by having to be adapted to the Tera combat system they generally have a pretty different feel than their counterparts in say, RO or WoW.

It's just plain a lot of fun.

That said, I looked on the Korean site, and down the line there'll be a class that swings around a big ax and a class that summons minions/creatures to fight, so those might be something to look forward to.

Lycodrake
February 29th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Axe-wielder = Berserker, as far as I know. Unless you mean something else.
Don't know about a "summoner" type Class for it, though...can't really remember most of the Class names.

Jase
February 29th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Oh, you're right. I guess I just haven't been seeing much of either, lol. I think the summoners are Mystics in NA. Stupid name translations xD

Anyways, I think most classes look pretty fun. Or more importantly, none of them seem to play super similarly. I guess I like the idea of everything having to be aimed and be dodgeable, even heals. The thing that's always bothered me most about MMO's is how immobile they can get (mainly just positional). Plus, the skill chain system makes doing preset sequences so much more streamline and so much less pointlessly annoying (especially since you often need to move while doing them).

Alulim
February 29th, 2012, 07:58 PM
It looks great.

But still...15 bucks a month to play, in addition to buying the damn thing.

Jase
February 29th, 2012, 11:53 PM

Anyone who signs up for a code will be invited to the Open Beta, so might as well.

Alulim
February 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I don't want to start playing a game that I will probably like, yet not be able to afford.

There is only so much I am willing to pay, after all.

Jase
March 1st, 2012, 02:35 AM
It's okay, it's only like 7 coffees a month.

Apparently they have a time card option too. Not like they have any info on how it works.

FlameStrike
May 6th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Hmm would this count as a thread necro? Haha well just an update, the game has launched recently and I'll have to say it's amazing. I happened to see this thread one day and this led me into checking out this game, which led me into the open beta. Now I'm totally addicted. I feel compelled to give a little back to this place that showed me a wonderful new game, so I'll cook up a review of sorts.

First the bad: The quests are your generic rpg fare, and the lore is average. It's your standard become a hero and save the world stuff. Level up and get stronger, etc, nothing new there.

As for why I'm addicted as hell: The combat system. It's just amazing. I thought it was over-blown hype with all the "True Action Combat" stuff, but I was wrong. It's worlds better then the tab and target combat of older mmo's. It plays like an action rpg and I have fun even grinding solo, and this is coming from someone who hates grinds. Also the boss monsters (nicknamed Big Ass Mosnters, or BAMs for short) are amazingly fun to fight at all levels. One thing I didn't like about some MMO's and RPGs was the fact the monsters felt static or didn't feel as if they had force/momentum behind them. Tera's BAMs have changed that. The monsters move, stomp, charge, and feel like real moving giant monsters. You're watching it's every move looking for signs of it's attacks and dogeing/blocking at the last second all while hacking away at it with skills. When you miss time a doge and get punched in the face, you don't feel as if some 3D model collided into your 3D model and made damage numbers pop up. You feel the impact and get knocked on your ass, then scramble to recover and continue the fight. The combat is skill based and rewarding, and this carries the game through past it's flaws.

Overall I believe Tera is something that's totally worth giving a try. I can understand that the monthly payment is an issue though. When I first heard of the pay to play thing, I thought I would just try the open beta for fun then move on to another free game. However the experience turned my thoughts around and I went to pre-order the collector's edition right after and signed up for a three month auto-renewal.

Fifteen dollars a month may sound like a lot, but if you have a minimum paying job that's just two hours of your time. If you play for XX hours a month it's usually well worth your entertainment gained. Also if you sign up for larger blocks of time you get a discount, for example a three month subscription is priced at around 9.95 per month as opposed to 15 dollars. If you don't have a job or are really tight on money, there's an official way to buy game time with in game gold.

As a closing note, this article pretty much sums up my view on the game:
http://kotaku.com/5904810/one-weekend-completely-changed-my-mind-about-tera

mmmu
May 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Seeing as you're talking in dollars you're probably playing on the US side? ..Just making sure.
If anyone is playing on the EU side let me know, I plan to give this game a go as well.

The combat seems to be getting lots of praise and watching videos/streams it sure looks a lot of fun. Loving the designs and look of the game as well.

FlameStrike
May 6th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah I'm playing on the US side. I'm not sure how things are over at the EU side, but I can't imagine it being too much different.

Haha, but yeah the game really is all about the combat system. I recently saw a review comparing GW2 and Tera, the guy going on about how GW2 had great new innovated PVP, good world events, good lore/story, etc etc, and then when he talked about Tera he was like, meh classic questing/pvp (Which is true), but at the very end of the review he choose Tera and refunded GW2 simply for the combat alone (I know exactly how he feels though, I've spent 8 hours straight just grinding through repetitive quests XD). I really wish there was a free trial of sorts. x.x

mewarmo990
May 6th, 2012, 02:39 PM
The combat in GW2 is actually streamlined a bit from traditional MMOs as well, though not by much. There are hitboxes, blocking, and dodge rolling, but the combat isn't fully action button mashing like Tera's is closer to.

I think that GW2 will have more longevity in the end as it just seems like a better game all around. After getting burned out on SWTOR it's gonna be a while before I can go back to the same old MMO questing.

I still really want to try Tera, though -- Vindictus was loads of fun and if there's something like a MMO version of that, I'd be all for it. Hopefully there will be some kind of guest pass program.

Jase
May 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Well, I dunno, the like 5 closed beta weekends (which were easy to get into) and the open beta weekend (trivially easy to get into) and the buddy codes for head start (anyone with a collector's ed got it) made it pretty easy to try.

They have the Chronoscrolls for buying game time with in-game gold, so if you're really quick on getting a bunch of gold that could possibly sustain your subscription.

But yeah, I like this game a lot. I don't think there's been an RPG where I've voluntarily gone through the first 20 levels like 6 times, and I'm still going to do it a few more times just to try out some other classes. Though I wish I could just skip to level 20 sometimes w

I play on Dragonfall primarily (we have a guild named Avalon) and have an alt I use to hang out with some people on Serpentis. Totally willing to hang out with anyone.

Hoster
May 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM
If anyone is playing on the EU side let me know, I plan to give this game a go as well.

I am playing TERA right now during the early access days, and on the EU servers. On the server Velik, as a Lancer named Arkhus to be more precise.

mewarmo990
May 8th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Well, I dunno, the like 5 closed beta weekends (which were easy to get into) and the open beta weekend (trivially easy to get into) and the buddy codes for head start (anyone with a collector's ed got it) made it pretty easy to try.
That's nice, but I hadn't even heard of it until last week so yeah. I'm sure there will be trials and guest codes in the future.

Jase
May 8th, 2012, 07:16 PM
If I ever get one I'll totes give you one!

mmmu
May 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
I got the trial and have played a little the past 2 days. Liking the character creator, spent hours there. Loving the look of the game and the designs, eyecandy. The quests are the most basic of the basic but I really don't mind since the combat is sooo much fun I just want to get back to killing stuff.
Ah, damn, I'm on Essenia (EU) since I need to get my pvp fix now and then. Maybe I'll pop one character over at Velik as well.

Froggie
May 14th, 2012, 05:52 AM
On a whim, I decided to get this. Should be done patching today, hopefully.

Frantic Author
May 14th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I'd get it if it was free. :|

Alulim
May 14th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I'd get it if it was free. :|

Or if the monthly fee wasn't so outrageous.

Froggie
May 14th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hey, the combat system on this is actually pretty fun.

Neat.

Though I don't see Velik on the list, so I guess I won't be able to play with Hoster :(

Jase
May 15th, 2012, 07:58 PM
What's a sub fee you'd say isn't outrageous?

Alulim
May 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM
What's a sub fee you'd say isn't outrageous?

Generally anything up to eight dollars. Well...eight dollars that isn't only if you commit for a whole year, basically putting over a hundred bucks down in advance.

Fifteen bucks a month as a default is a bit much.

Froggie
May 15th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Lancer = fun!
Priest = not quite as fun.
Berserker = FUN!

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120515_192758.png

This is Ararara. She's adorable.

Lycodrake
May 15th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I'd want to either be a Sorcerer or Berserker.

Alulim
May 15th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Al wishes he had the funds to play.

Froggie
May 17th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Apparently, my Elin Zerker has decided that "striped kneesocks" somehow count as "greaves".

Oh, Elins. You're so zany.

Froggie
May 17th, 2012, 08:52 PM
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120517_194247.png

Not sure how I feel about those kneesocks at this point =/

Alulim
May 17th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Teh lolis make Al sad that he cannot play.

Jase
May 18th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Let's all make Al sad

http://i.imgur.com/8r65Il.jpg (http://imgur.com/8r65I)

Fantabulous
May 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I'll wait for Guild wars 2.

Froggie
May 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
So, apparently, increasing the video settings even just a teensy bit means you're suddenly playing a completely different game.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120519_192629.png

Jase
May 20th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Yeah, the graphics settings make pretty substantial changes, haha. On 0 you literally stop seeing half of the things on screen, including the sky sometimes haha

And honestly, even then the screenshots don't really do what I'm actually seeing justice, since it strips some of the post-processing and anti-aliasing, etc.

Froggie
May 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I fought Basilisks, did a dungeon run and joined a guild.

Boss Monsters in this game are ridiculously fun. Like, seriously. Woah.

Though I do have the slight annoyance of charging up a huge strike of death for 5 seconds with my Elin Zerker only to have the monster move out of the way.

How annoying.

Froggie
May 22nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120522_204705.png

Finally got some cool looking armor!

Still stuck with ridiculous "greaves" though :(

Hoster
May 23rd, 2012, 12:58 AM
Heavy armor, huh...

Jase
May 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
It's still heavier than anything Castanics get...

Fangstrike
May 24th, 2012, 04:29 AM
The gameplay looks pretty nice, arguably better and more intense than some other mmos, although SWTOR sucks up my time these days. Are there class-specific storylines or anything?

Froggie
May 24th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Don't think so. I haven't really been paying attention to the story as the quests are, so far, extremely generic "Collect 10 bear asses" sort of things.

That being said, I'm still having a good time because the combat system is so much fun.

And now that I've hit level 20 and dungeons have become available, I seriously don't think I'll go back to questing. Just hit up dungeons and level that way because the combat system really gets to shine when you have monsters that can take several of your hits.

Questing with my Berserker = Stuff dies in one hit.
Dungeon crawling with my Berserker = OH YEAH! Look at all those crits!

Jase
May 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Honestly Bastion of Lok is not that fun of a dungeon (too short, not enough bosses w).

How'd you like fighting the Basalisks? (you can try doing it alone, even if it recommends a party).

If you move onto the next area it's just filled with big monsters for you to take a whack at.

Froggie
May 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Honestly Bastion of Lok is not that fun of a dungeon (too short, not enough bosses w).

I personally liked that it was a short dungeon. I don't particularly care for spending hours upon hours in a dungeon. It was nice for 20 to 30 minute runs though :)

How'd you like fighting the Basalisks? (you can try doing it alone, even if it recommends a party).

Basilisks were fun! I 've only done them in a group so far, but I'll go back and solo them once I get some better gear, I think.

If you move onto the next area it's just filled with big monsters for you to take a whack at.

Time for Ararara's adventures in Celestial Hills!

I started off by reclaiming the promotional item from the website. My Elin Zerker is now the smartest Elin Zerker around. I like to imagine that she wanted to become a librarian before becoming an axe wielding lunatic.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120528_185208.png

Done with getting my eyes checked, I went off an adventure to the Celestial Hills where I cam across these HUGE dinosaur looking things. Let's kill one, I thought!

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120528_194532.png

It was a ridiculously long and arduous fight, but I managed to solo a Naga Mercenary by myself! I even got some stylish snakeskin boots to prove it!

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120528_194606.png

But then my attempt to solo a Kumas ended in disaster and I died.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120528_195310.png

Luckily though, there was a group of like-minded adventurers hankering for revenge against the fat bastards, so I joined up for a night Kumas slaughtering.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120528_202130.png

I even killed a Naga General to boot, but my snakeskin boots didn't get any fancier from killing him. Shame.

Airen
May 28th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Ah, revenge rush via new found party.

An MMO Classic. :)

Froggie
June 3rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Dear people in charge of designing Tera armor,

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120603_141246.png

Leopard print? Seriously?!

On the bright side of things: Greaves! Finally!

Jase
June 12th, 2012, 09:48 PM
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/play-tera-free-for-seven-days

There's a 7-day free trial up to level 23 now with 8 character slots and carry over into the main game if you buy.

They've also been providing a free playthrough of the prologue with any class (lets you preview what they can do at level 20) through a cloud system, if you're leery of downloading the whole game.

Hoster
June 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM
There's a 7-day free trial up to level 23 now with 8 character slots and carry over into the main game if you buy.

And for you Europeans, TERA EU has not opened up an invite-to-play function that gives the same trial period. I haven't found any ways of getting it without getting someone to invite you(though I may have missed it), so if any one of you Europeans would like a try at this game, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Techlet
June 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
My god, everybody dress like sluts in this game. It's amazing.

Froggie
June 19th, 2012, 10:57 AM
My Elin is not a slut :(

My male Castanic characters on the other hand... yeah, full on manslut.

Jase
June 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Well, since it's a world with species that probably cannot crossbreed, it goes to follow that perhaps sex is very, uh, free.

And I'm sure Mystics and Priests have the STD's covered.

Froggie
June 24th, 2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120624_120411.png

No more ugly leopard print armor! Also, new gauntlets!

Kinda sad that the color dye missed the ribbon though. I suppose I'll have to live with having blue armor with a purple ribbon... I mean, it doesn't clash THAT horribly...

Froggie
July 1st, 2012, 05:20 PM
ADVENTURE!!

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_112510.png

Haven't been able to play in a while due to work, but I finally got a chance to play a bit today so off I went to Pora Elinu, the homeland of the Elins and Popori. It's very beautiful. However, the questing didn't last long cause a group was looking for DPS for the dungeon Cultist's Refuge (35-40) and I decided it would be fun.

I thought it would be fun...

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_124605.png

Anyhow, the dungeon was mostly fine at first. However, at this point, I achieved my first death. I'm not even sure what happened. I just got one shotted. Was fine one sec, next I'm dead.

My axe is huge.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_124628.png

Our healer was an elf in a pink bathrobe.

Why, you ask?

Elves are just like that, I suppose. Anyhow, he was kind enough to resurrect me, so I didn't diss his pink bathrobe much at all.

Anyhow, at that point things started to go straight to hell and I was dying on nearly every other trash pull. Those mobs packed A HELL of a whallop, and my poor tiny elin wound up kissing pavement a ton of times before we made it to the second to last boss.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_131411.png

That huge ugly thing killed me a total of three times. Each time a one-shot, so my healer didn't even have time to react.

End result? One depressed Elin Zerker.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_132300.png

Anyhow, we eventually make our way to the final boss and... he's HUEG.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_132551.png

So, you're telling me this guy has "Fried Elin AOE Lightning" and "Body Duplication Elin Gangbang" skills, and I have to go in there? Oh, JOY!

My team tried to give me moral support, but they kind of sucked at it. Also, the elf just noticed he was wearing a pink bathrobe. Go you, guy. Go you.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_132840.png

Anyhow, we get to it and I go do my thing.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_133324.png

Berserker play style is very simple. You have a ton of leaping attacks and AE attacks. Charge, let loose, and watch the numbers fly. I especially enjoy cycloning stuff, like in the picture.

Also, tiny Elin fighting a HUGE ass monster that looks like, I dunno, Bahamut of FF crossed over with a Gundam is pretty damn awesome.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_133412.png

Did he just turn around to look at me? Oh shit, RUN AWAY! (That's a huge axe, innit?)

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_133544.png

Wait, I didn't die? HOLY SHIT, THAT'S AWESOME!

Anyhow, I got three new pieces of gear that I'll be able to use in a level or three and then procceded to dance away my sorrows away with another Elin I found outside the teleporter.

http://www.sentrygun.com/ascension/TERA_ScreenShot_20120701_133842.png

Lesson of the day?

Even if the game says that Cultist's Refuge is a dungeon for level 35 characters, its FUCKING LYING.

Also, I got new greaves. Wheee!

Thinking I might try buying one of those appearance vouchers to dye my elin's hair either white, platinum blonde, or black. Blue just doesn't mix well with that many armor dye colors...

Hoster
July 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Damn it, TERA, why did you have to go and get ported to the different regions by different companies? I want to play with people too...

FlameStrike
July 8th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Haha, I remember those zones! Fun times. I also learned the hard way that the minimum level for dungeons... isn't quiet safe. Oh god, I went into the Golden Labyrinth dungeon at the minimum level, and it traumatized me. God that was insane. T.T
Well I'll look forward to your future posts!
One more thing though, what server/region are you in? I'm on Arachneana over in NA, but that server population is experiencing a mass exodus to other servers due to lack of players.

Froggie
July 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Haha, I remember those zones! Fun times. I also learned the hard way that the minimum level for dungeons... isn't quiet safe. Oh god, I went into the Golden Labyrinth dungeon at the minimum level, and it traumatized me. God that was insane. T.T

Yeah, I had to problem with BoL, or SM so I thought that I'd be able to breeze through CR too... Boy, was I wrong. I got to a point where I was thinking that I should just drop group so they could get someone that wouldn't slow them down so much. It was really frustrating. However, making it through the last boss without keeling over even once was exhilarating.

Well I'll look forward to your future posts!

If I have any more adventures worth telling, I'll certainly post them here :p

One more thing though, what server/region are you in? I'm on Arachneana over in NA, but that server population is experiencing a mass exodus to other servers due to lack of players.

I'm on the US servers. I'm on Freeholds. I keep hearing about the exodus of big guilds here, so I'm not sure how things are despite being Medium pop. I guess that means that Freeholds is mostly a low level server, with the majority of the pop still leveling up?

Froggie
November 20th, 2012, 09:45 PM
So, if anyone's wanting to try out this game, Tera is now available free up to level 28.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/play-tera-free-with-the-discovery-edition

Also, it's discounted this week on Amazon :D

alfheimwanderer
November 23rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
If you're curious how much its discounted, its $5 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Masse-Entertainment-Inc-41003Tera-Online1/dp/B007RIGE12

FlameStrike
November 24th, 2012, 03:52 AM
WTF $5?! With such a puny cost I could buy another copy just to make a Priest slave for self buffing. x.x

alfheimwanderer
December 11th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Once again, TERA is $5 on Amazon for the next few hours: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=tsm_1_fb_s_amzn_metyhn

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
January 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM
TERA is now F2P

alfheimwanderer
January 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
With Free to Play model (changeover coming in Feb), all current or previous subscribers get permanent Founder bonuses, so if you want to buy a copy on the cheap for them - now is a good time!

Neir
January 15th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Tried to dl, had MANY problems. Eventually gave up.

nununu
January 15th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Was going to buy a copy for founder status come February and play with guildies but found out it's region-locked.

Canon
February 13th, 2013, 05:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVIfw5ZNP60

Have to say, I'm having a lot of fun in this. More fun than Guild Wars 2 at this point, actually.

Techlet
February 13th, 2013, 05:19 AM
I've just started a Castanic Lancer on Ascension Valley named Struggle Snuggle.

Yes, I giggled.

Canon
February 13th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Are you based in NA or EU? I'm on Arcadia in EU.

Techlet
February 13th, 2013, 07:05 AM
NA. The EU Store prices are insane.

ZidanReign
February 13th, 2013, 07:23 AM
I tried to call Archer, Archer for simple reasons

but dammit I can never have a simple name in an mmo that's not immediatly new.

Canon
February 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
NA. The EU Store prices are insane.

Well, the NA version blocks IPs from Asia, so yeah...

EDIT: Oh hey, the upload is finally done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g282Qron5yM

Canon
February 15th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Damn, Ovoliths are fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZTZYJainyo

Techlet
February 15th, 2013, 07:53 AM
So, Lancers are pretty boss.

And at low-mid levels, you can out DPS Zerks and Slayers when you're dealing with normal mobs. I can finish most "Kill N of X Monsters" quests in one go just by running into an area, Shout, then Shield Barrage and Spring Attack.

While my Slayer has to Spacebar the mobs one by one most of the time. ;__;

Froggie
February 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I do that with my Zerker a lot. Run into a group and just Cyclone everyone to death. Fun times!

I should patch Tera and start playing again. Next weekend, when I come back from business trip hell, I guess.

All my characters are on Tempest Reach, btw!

Techlet
February 15th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I should patch Tera and start playing again. Next weekend, when I come back from business trip hell, I guess.

Do itttt.

Paitouch
February 17th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Hey, this is pretty fun. Those pigs are ugly, but I still feel slightly like an ass killing them.

Techlet
February 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Gave up on my Slayer main (he's just too damn slow) and started a Lancer, which I am enjoying immensely.

I'm playing on Ascension Valley as my main server, name's Struggle.Snuggle, hit me up if anyone wants to grind BAMs around lvl20-27ish.

I've also got a Sorc on Tempest Reach to lvl12, again Struggle.Snuggle as well. Doubt I'll be on this very much, 5 hour server queues are a little too much.

Also a Priest on Celestial Hill, same level, just got off Noob Island, name's Sir.Snuggles.Alot.

Canon
February 17th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Made and deleted so many alts at this point just to try all the classes, think I'm going to stick with Warrior. After being a stone wall for 30 levels it's nice to play an evasive tank/DPS combo.

I'm Canonrap (Lancer) and Canonstar (Warrior) on Arcadia.

Also, obligatory YT video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSCuLL31z4

Canon
February 20th, 2013, 07:08 PM
So I'm guessing light armour is just going to keep getting more revealing from now on.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/CanonRAP/tera-warrior_zps31f39dc7.png

Enhance
February 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfaCo6NOiEQ

Canon
February 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Got tired of the general mediocrity of Warriors at low levels (yes I know Warriors are practically gatling guns at high levels, but I just don't want to invest that much time into it) so I made a blind Castonic Archer instead.

FlameStrike
February 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I think Warriors and Archers are practically the same in DPS though. In fact overall I think Warriors have the upper hand. If you want MASSIVE DPS at all levels Zerker and Sorc are the way to go, with Slayer in third place. Well every class is viable end game though.

Techlet
February 25th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Got tired of the general mediocrity of Warriors at low levels (yes I know Warriors are practically gatling guns at high levels, but I just don't want to invest that much time into it) so I made a blind Castonic Archer instead.

Then you've made a even worse mistake.

Archers have a miserable time leveling and it doesn't get better.

Also, nobody wants you in dungeon queues. ;__;

jwang
February 26th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I wanted to try this thing out while XIV beta is still going through adjustment, but for some reason it refuses to use the NVidia GPU and instead uses the integrated GPU for shitastic results. Anyone got a fix for this?

FlameStrike
February 26th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Are you talking about the "UI lag"? For some reason when the UI is up it's rendered using CPU not GPU and it drops FPS dramatically. For example I get 60 FPS with UI turned off, but 20 with it on. Its horrible T.T though I don't know of any fix.

Canon
February 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Then you've made a even worse mistake.

Archers have a miserable time leveling and it doesn't get better.

Also, nobody wants you in dungeon queues. ;__;

Yeah, bid farewell to my Archer as well. Wanted to try the more mobile classes since I already have the unbridled awesome that is a Lancer, but I made another Berserker instead. Hope that goes better.

And my Tera Japan install has been stuck at 99% for hours now, why ;_;

FlameStrike
February 27th, 2013, 01:07 PM
x.x Zerkers are pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to mobility. They are the max OMFG SUPAH HIGH DMG but SLOW AS HECK class haha. Although their DPS is through the roof. It's so fun CHARGING UP A SUPER BIG HIT THEM KABAM critting for over a MILLION damage.

Though if you want more speed, Slayers are the best compromise. They have excellent mobility but also high damage output. Slayers don't reach up to the Warrior class in speed though.

Hmm if I were to rank the dps classes in terms of speed, it'd probably look like this: Warrior>Slayer>Lancer>Sorc>Archer>Zerker
If I were to rank them in terms of dps the order will almost be exactly reversed. Zerker=Sorc>Slayer>Warrior>Lancer=Archer
Poor Archers. x.x They're slow as balls yet their dps on the low end. Well at least they dominate in bgs.

Canon
February 27th, 2013, 07:10 PM
x.x Zerkers are pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to mobility. They are the max OMFG SUPAH HIGH DMG but SLOW AS HECK class haha. Although their DPS is through the roof. It's so fun CHARGING UP A SUPER BIG HIT THEM KABAM critting for over a MILLION damage.

Though if you want more speed, Slayers are the best compromise. They have excellent mobility but also high damage output. Slayers don't reach up to the Warrior class in speed though.

Yeah, Slayer sounds pretty interesting too, I guess I'll try it if Zerk doesn't work out.

And I got to Azarel's Labyrinth with my Lancer. I like nice little dungeon-esque areas like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ywdWJuxM8

Techlet
February 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM
And I got to Azarel's Labyrinth with my Lancer. I like nice little dungeon-esque areas like this.

I hate the unavoidable corridor mobs that enrage instantly and chase you up three floors and into the safe camp though.

Canon
March 2nd, 2013, 10:16 PM
I managed to squeeze past the, er, chefs(?) by sticking as close to the wall as possible, but yeah, the imps and Lokians are pretty much unavoidable aggro.

Also, SPIN2WIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Qn0-t0hAs

FlameStrike
March 3rd, 2013, 12:43 AM
Azarel's Labyrinth was a pretty fun place. I liked all the giant Vulcans stalking the corridors. That zone also led to a pretty cool boss fight and the end of the conspiracy arc. Although now a days Vulcans are being driven to extinction thanks to Jax putting kill orders on them. Dem daily quests! You'd be hard pressed to find an open Vulcan that doesn't have a 60 waiting to 1 shot it haha.

Techlet
March 3rd, 2013, 04:15 AM
TBH the Labyrinth wasn't as bad as the academy. A crap ton of mobs squeezed into tiny corridors coupled with a map that's basically useless.

Urggh.

Canon
March 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
So I finally did Cultist's Refuge. God damn. If it doesn't stun you every other second, it does damage over time. Why are the mobs in this dungeon so frustrating ;_;

And that optional boss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylsGTetobxM

Canon
May 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM
/necromancy

Been a while since I played this for any significant length of time, but back on the grindy track now... started a Slayer alt and really noticing the utter lack of damage output the Lancer has compared to something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoZSY-qCa-s

(My 48 Lancer probably has around the same DPS.)

Been considering starting an alt as a support class as well, but I have no idea what kind of damage output the two healer classes have in case I need to solo occasionally...

FlameStrike
May 14th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Oh yeah, Tera had a fairly big update today. A new raid was implemented. There's an easy 10 man version and a harder 20 man version. After some log in issues our guild got together and downed the 20 man raid in one go. There were a lot of close calls though, and one time where everyone died due to a wipe mechanic but used self rez abilities/items to save the run haha.

You
December 17th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I started playing this like at the beginning of this year and then stopped and because of new patch like a couple of days ago decided to get back in while waiting for skyforge. Anyway with the new patch and that new class coming out decided to necro this thread.
I think I'm like high forties or low fifties Ascension Valley server.
Anyway anyone on BL still play this?

Sesto
December 17th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Coincidentally enough I downloaded and just started playing the game earlier today. Started on Mount Tyrannas though.

You
December 17th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Oh cool. What race and class?

Trubo
December 17th, 2014, 11:52 PM
I quit WoW, so don't want to get into another MMO for a while. On the other hand, I could be the little girl.

Sesto
December 18th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Generally I play bow classes in MMO/RPGs, but I decided to try something different this time. Went with a High Elf Warrior.

I quit WoW, so don't want to get into another MMO for a while. On the other hand, I could be the little girl.

I actually cancelled my subscription a couple days ago, lol. I began to finally understand your sentiment towards Garrsions. I liked them as first, but it reached a point where it actually felt tiring to log on every day. And when I started to level my alts, I realized I'd have to do the fucking same shit over again... and I just quit. I surprised myself, honestly. Didn't think I could get tired of an expansion that fast. I guess I should applaud Blizzard for managing to make an expansion even worse than Cataclysm.

You
December 18th, 2014, 12:40 AM
When I was starting me and bunch of friends were going to play together, and we were all supposed to be different classes and different races and all that jazz and I ended up as an Elin Berserker. But none of them made it past lv 10, so here I am as a Elin with a big axe.
It's grating.

Trubo
December 18th, 2014, 02:24 AM
I actually cancelled my subscription a couple days ago, lol. I began to finally understand your sentiment towards Garrsions. I liked them as first, but it reached a point where it actually felt tiring to log on every day. And when I started to level my alts, I realized I'd have to do the fucking same shit over again... and I just quit. I surprised myself, honestly. Didn't think I could get tired of an expansion that fast. I guess I should applaud Blizzard for managing to make an expansion even worse than Cataclysm.

Ikr? The statement that the WoW-killer will be WoW itself is shaping up to be pretty freaking accurate. Looking forward to seeing the next couple of quarterly reports.

FlameStrike
December 18th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Anyone try out the new Tera Expansion? They have abominations and flesh monsters. Ugly stuff!