PDA

View Full Version : Public Proofreading

B.B. Rain
March 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Kieran mentioned that, rather then simply copying and pasting his older works to this new site, he was taking the time to reformat the various bolded and italicized bits, as well as correct errors, both simple spelling and more complex plot-based ones. And presumably other editing added as required by that most painful virtue known as hindsight.

It occurred to me that for the spelling, grammer, and formatting errors (if those errors come from tags such as being left in the document), he could copy the archived work to a post on site, and let...shall we say, eager fans, perform those rote corrections in quoted posts, and then copy those altered quotes, to save himrself some editing work, however small when weighed against the more individualized, un-delegatable changes he may wish to make.

Possibly a dedicated thread, such as this, with each involved, be they author or editor having posts logged, that they pin works to, or copy works into for editing, and replace with notes when the edited form has been reposted...Not that they'd be limited to but a single post; I just propose a method of verifying that edited works have been noted and accepted in said thread more obvious then just another posted note.

And of course, this could be valid for any author who wishes to brave public proof-reading for re-posted work, rather then secreting new snippets from beta to beta in more selective mediums.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 18th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Well, if anybody needs something proofread I'll be more than happy to do so. Just PM your work.

DragoZERO
March 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Proofread with MS Word. It helps, a lot.

Altima of the Gates
July 25th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Well, rather than selecting few people, and secreting it away, filling the ol' inbox, I'll post the draft for the prologue of my fic here.

It's been awhile since I wrote any fanfiction (years), so that will definitely show.

Here you go.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1taGnXaWE8SOnrkd-eWIC5BQimj_I7LjeLKi8WAIp36o/edit?hl=en_US

Ragnarock
July 28th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Shouldn't this be stickied? Just in case someone else needs public proof reading?