PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV

Pages : [1] 2 3

jwang
March 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Yes, I know it isn't where it should be. But I'm always dreaming of a better future for it, so for those who are interested, I guess this thread can hold all relevant info. For the current status of the game though, due to the disasters in Japan right now all online services provided by Square-Enix has been suspended for the following week. More updates will be added later in the week. Hopefully, everyone on the dev team made it out okay, and are ready to get back into fine-tuning the game.

Erlkonig
March 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM
That online game?

It's shit.

Bargadiel
March 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I bought the limited edition of this for PC last summer and have yet to play it since. I feel terrible, since I was keeping up with updates for it for MONTHS before it's release. But overall I think square has has one major issue, and that is their programming department. Their artists as always are top notch and honestly I'll buy their games for only that aspect, it's just that with this and XI there is a noticeable amount of problems with the interface and how things are systematically done. All that aside, I really do want to play this game again, I barely did anything in it at all. When does the ps3 version come out? I also send my heart out to Japan right now and wish them the best in recovery, although I will admit they got out of this alot better than they could have. They were well prepared.

jwang
March 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
PS3 release has been pushed back till "Beta phase 5" is completed. That being said, it's F2P right now, so if you feel like wasting time just go ahead and hop on. I'm on Saronia playing a taru (screw the new names), so if you don't have any established communities already look me up.

Bargadiel
March 14th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I think I had my characters on a server made already, since I got all the promotional items. But we'll see if I manage to get back on. Yeah I liked the old names better myself haha. But I do have another question, have they added or talked of adding any sort of summons to the game yet?

jwang
March 14th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Pet classes are not likely to be added with how the game is currently set up. However, they ARE looking for ways to fit in traditional FF job titles into the game. Whether this means change in class name, additional specialization trees, or other specifics, is currently unknown. Changes that were added recently has already changed drastically how the game feels and plays in the past 2 months (time when the new dev team took over). SP gains has been sped up greatly, and crafting isn't nearly the chore it once was. The main thing I'm still waiting on though is goddamn chocobos. I'm quite frankly tired of running everywhere.

Bargadiel
March 14th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Oh wow no Chocobos yet? I was also surprised when the game first came out, I didn't think it was neccasary for them to completley change the game like they were. The classnames were changed, and even their roles a little. I can't say I had a large variety of MMO experience, I played WoW for 5 years and I played XI for a couple months. So coming from at least WoW where the interface was refined to near perfection, it took some getting used to in the XIV beta from what I remember. Seeing where your friends were wasn't as easy as just shift-clicking their names, at least not then. What FF has going for it; are familiar themes presented in new worlds and stories. They should have stuck with that, but from what you're saying it seems like they might go back to it.

jwang
March 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
The state of FFXIV currently:

Socially-As poorly as it was when first released. People have no motivation to communicate outside of their LS, group outside of their LS, or do anything outside of their LS. The only thing that you can probably do with random PUGs is Behest, which is retardedly crowded around Ul'Dah

Economically-Gil is still ridiculously abundant. Shard prices have dropped due to new alchemy recipes. Search functions on market wards makes finding what you want at the price that's right alot easier.

Progression-Like stated before, SP gains have gone alot faster. At 1-20 level range, a 3 leve link group can get 1k+ SP per kill with Guardian's Favor on. Depending on group size and leve, you can maintain a high paced SP gain all the way to level cap. There is also talks of removing physical level since it's ridiculously redundant and messes with how stat calculation goes.

Combat-Same old, same old, besides the fact some abilities got nerfed and some buffed. Enmity is still screwed up, so be careful when buffing in the middle of combat.

Crafting-Difficulty has been adjusted all across the board, and crafting high level synths actually is more beneficial with the risk of breaks than doing lower level synths. SP gains here has also been increased drastically, I'm able to get ~500 SP per craft on appropriate level synths.

Gathering-Mining and Botany is still shitty as ever, tough as hell to grind without leves. The ability that boosts your speed if no node is in range had its cooldown reduced to 30 sec so you can have constant quickening (provided no node is near you).

That's all the major changes I can think of right now, and while you can see there's still lots of changes that still needs to be made, the new dev team is hard at work to make it a truly successful game.

Lavender
March 14th, 2011, 03:54 PM
The game is a gigantic mess. Though it may be aesthetically pleasing, it otherwise is pretty much a terrible game.

Like Bargadiel, I purchased the game on release, as well as participated in the beta. The last time I played was around Christmas, and it still was the buggy, glitchy, freezing mess that I began with. I could write paragraphs of how much of a wreck the game is, though unfortunately after numerous rants I hardly have the enthusiasm.

It is disappointing, as the game seemed to have so much potential, but in the end it was just oozing with so much disarray that it was basically unplayable. Though some of the problems may have been improved upon since I last played, it still was inexcusable to launch a game with so many. For example, unstable combat, everything is soloable, parties are near useless and the social aspect of the community seemed almost dead; crafting is stressed so exhaustively the game might as well make it its main focus, if it didn't all ready; physical levels seemed unnecessary and almost game-breaking; retainer system is so laughably bad it makes me wonder why they even thought of it in the first place (though apparently this has been fixed somewhat.); mountains upon mountains of glitches and unresponsive gameplay; lazy copy-and-paste environments, locations not progressive in change but separated by an awkward black void that seemingly teleported you from a desert wilderness to a lush forest; terrible optimisation; and just by majority a game that was not enjoyable to play.

At this point I have lost almost all interest. Though they may be working night and day in fixing it, the game is so much of a convoluted fiasco that I haven't really the patience in it anymore.

Chaos Greyblood
March 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Not to mention that if it ever gets fixed, it won't be worth the money anyone would have invested in this game. I guess FFXI's shoes were just too gigantic to fill.

Spooky
March 15th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I don't like MMOs at the best of times. In fact, the only one I've played that I can stand is Guild Wars, since it actually has a storyline, and I'm a whore for a game with an actual story. From what I've seen, FFXIV doesn't have anything that would make me want to play it, especially after hearing what Spoony had to say about it.

ratstsrub
March 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Crafting is painfully boring.

Gathering at least has a somewhat non spamming mini-game with it, but grinding with crafting is just standard x forever.

I had an idea where they replaced that mini-game with one similar to gathering, you have a circle with fixed/moving targets, depending on difficulties, that you're to hit with a moving cursor, but I doubt they'll change it.

And, as always, there's nothing to do D:

Gilgamesh
March 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm not really a MMO person, but Final Fantasy XI was my first one and I played it on and off for about a year. I really enjoyed it, but couldn't warrant the monthly fees with how little I was actually playing it by the end of the year. I had really high hopes for XIV, but I admit I was disappointed from the start when the characters and races were just blatant copy-and-pastes of the ones in XI. Then the bad news starting pouring in from all over.

I'd like to see it get it's act together, but even if it does, I doubt it will be able to regain the audience it lost when it first came out. If it can manage to fix itself up within a year's time or so, I'll consider giving it a shot when they release the PS3 version.

jwang
March 15th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I'll try not to white knight things. I know it's a gigantic mess right now, and people have gotten a bad first impression of it. That being said, saying that the FF MMOs don't have a good storyline can be considered to be a false statement. Anyone who played FFXI can tell you that the plot of the main storyline missions can be very compelling, and is on par with the rest of the FF series. Particularly the Chains of Promathia expansion, that xpac had some of the best quests and mission stories. With the quests I've done so far, I'm of the opinion that XIV is just as good as XI in the story department. The only issue they have right now is the time you have to spend grinding inbetween each major plot. With current SP updates though, it's no worse than the rate you can do XI's nation missions if you were starting from scratch (this was prior to level cap removal on battlefields and level sync, of course).

They do have issues with the storyline objectives though. As awesome parleying is (HA!), at times the NPC can be a total bitch, and own you in 1 move right before the end. Some times the quests also force you to go to places that are surrounded by extremely high level mobs. If you know how damage calculation works in XIV, this is pretty much a death sentence at times. The early missions are pretty much "Go to X, find Y NPC, watch Z cutscene", making it incredibly boring at times. There are a few mildly interesting missions, like the rank 26 mission where you Solid Snake your way to the objective. I found it retarded though, since I just grinded up to 30 and ran past the guards regardless of where they were looking.

That being said, if you found this game to be unsatisfying, wait until the PS3 release before making final judgment on it. Otherwise, it's a pretty interesting experience seeing how the new dev team is working at making it a better game.

Bargadiel
March 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
What I noticed more than anything was how Square really cares about their customers. I mean, so far nobody has paid a cent monthly for the game because they wanted to fix key issues. Even World of Warcraft was subject to problems back in it's day.

Lavender
March 20th, 2011, 03:16 PM
What I noticed more than anything was how Square really cares about their customers. I mean, so far nobody has paid a cent monthly for the game because they wanted to fix key issues. Even World of Warcraft was subject to problems back in it's day.

I wouldn't say that. Do remember when the game was in testing, they hardly cared for any of the players' suggestions, much of which referenced key issues that ended up breaking the game on release.

I feel they "care" more so now because they are losing money for a bad game, and one that is widely considered as such (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-online/critic-reviews).

jwang
March 21st, 2011, 04:19 AM
That's hilarious, SE caring about their customers. If you've played XI, you know that SE gives diddly about their customers. Prime examples: consistent failure to balance damage to TP ratio of 1-hander damage dealers, failure to make certain merits groups worthwhile (NIN got shafted hard here with really lousy Cat 2 merits), failure to consider boss difficulty until they were called out on it, failure to state flat out that they're making an unbeatable boss (SE says: if you beat it, you glitched it, so suck it). If it weren't for the fact that XIV got such lousy reviews and had so much money sunk into it they wouldn't have put it on life support like this.

That being said, ~24 hours as of this post until servers are back up or we get new reports on status.

Bargadiel
March 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Eh, if they didn't care then they would have billed for the past few months. Whether or not they care in a positive light is another deal alltogether.

jwang
March 21st, 2011, 08:32 PM
It's ~8:30 AM Mar 22nd in Japan right now, so I'm spamming F5 like a boss on the News/Updates/Maintenance page. Though, I suspect the servers will be down for a while yet.

Update on status: services will resume on the 25th, provided that the situation does not worsen. 3 days, cheers.

jwang
March 25th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Servers are coming back up, just waiting on the login server and we'll be back in business.

jwang
March 26th, 2011, 05:59 AM
[patch1.16a] 1.16a Patch Notes
* Following content is planned to be implemented upon the release of patch 1.16a.
* An adjustment could be made on this content depending on the testing result.

Event Updates
[dev1004] Accepted quests can now be abandoned.
Quests can now be abandoned via the question description screen in the journal.
* If you abandon a quest while in an instanced area, you will automatically be transported out of the area.
* You cannot abandon a quest while participating in an event battle.
[dev1036] You will now be able to gain experience points, skill points, and receive loot when you defeat enemies as part of a sidequest.
Because of these changes, respawn rates of sidequest enemies have been lengthened.

Item Updates
[dev1016] Synthesis: Up to 8 items per class can now be stored under synthesis recipe history.

System Updates
[dev1035] Two different targeting modes are now available.
Targeting Mode A (Targeting mode before the patch 1.16)
Target/Menu Navigation Keys and Corresponding Actions
Up/Down
Target party members in order
Left/Right
Cycle through all selectable targets
* Selecting Targeting Mode A set the Targeting Mode to "ALL."
Targeting Mode B (Targeting mode after the patch 1.16)
Target/Menu Navigation Keys and Corresponding Actions
Up/Down
Cycle through targeting modes
Left/Right
Cycle through valid targets, according to the targeting mode currently selected, in order
* Selecting Targeting Mode B will disable Targeting Mode "ALL."
* You can also switch targeting modes using the text command "/targetmode (/tmode)"
/targetmode(/tmode) SubCommand
>>SubCommand
 a  Switch target mode to A
 b  Switch target mode to B
 None Toggle A and B
 * Targeting Mode A is selected by default

Overall, a highly underwhelming patch. Then again, rumors say that they're working on a big combat overhaul patch for 1.17, so that's why the patches up till now has been such disappointments.

ratstsrub
March 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Prepare for more disappointments.

jwang
April 15th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Holy crap big update this time. Link to the patch notes of 1.17 (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/7032-patch1.17-Patch-1.17-Notes?p=87645&viewfull=1#post87645). New NMs, adjustments to local leve guild mark rewards, grouping bonuses, new items, item degradation adjustments, adjustments to gathering, UI adjustments for enemies and maps, this one was a doozie! Granted, they still need to fix the cumbersome LFG system before anyone starts grouping more, but hey! Maybe people would behest outside of Ul'Dah zones now!

Lavender
April 15th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Have they optimised the game at all? I remember it being one of the major problems I had with FFXIV.

It ran terribly in almost every setting unless AA was completely turned off as well as depth of field. Then it ran "okay."

jwang
April 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I don't know, the people on BG probably would know better. I just run mine on standard since that's all my machine could handle, but they worked out a lot of the lag issues that came with initial release so it's probably optimized for max settings now.

KENTA
April 16th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Kinda wanna give this a shot now......but not an MMO guy in general, and I don't have the money to buy the actual game.

jwang
April 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM
1.17a is out. Bug fixes and guild task are the two big things. Everything else can just be ignored. Patch notes can be found here (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/8426-patch1.17a-Patch-1.17a-Notes?p=106478&viewfull=1#post106478).

jwang
May 20th, 2011, 06:21 AM
New letter from the developer, and they still got a huge list of changes to be made. Looks like it's going to be another fiscal year before they're PS3 ready at the rate they're going.

mewarmo990
May 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM
I bought the limited edition of this for PC last summer and have yet to play it since. I feel terrible, since I was keeping up with updates for it for MONTHS before it's release.
Oh no, DREDGING UP FORGOTTEN BUYER'S REMORSE OF MODERN WARFARE 2

jwang
July 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Big huge patch today. Lots of changes, only live testing will tell if it's any good though. From what I can see, it all looks very promising so far. Patch notes can be found at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/17007?p=241517&#post241517, the whole list is a wee bit too big to post here. To summarize though, leves, quests, and behests are changing to award SP upon completion, dungeons are being added, settlement quest hubs are being added, auto-attack is added and stamina system is abolished, enmity is adjusted and an icon is implemented to show how much you have, additional raise and cure spells are added, certain abilities are adjusted, accuracy has been adjusted, fatigue is abolished, death penalty has been adjusted, items added and modified. Can't wait for maintenance to be over to see how the game has changed.

Well, so far this patch has been BLEEEEEERGH disappointment. Auto-attack is cumbersome, abilities still feel slow as shit. Chat log is borked to hell until they fix it, enmity is still fucked up with how they screwed over the taunts. New MP costs makes soloing a chore, though some of the abilities are better. Overall, state of this game is still puketastic.

mewarmo990
July 22nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Squeenix is investigating the possibility of FFXI on the PS Vita (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/square-enix-investigating-final-fantasy-xi-for-ps-vita/3480/). So apprently FFXIV doesn't even exist anymore, hahahah!

jwang
July 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM
That's not all. Apparently SE is developing a new MMO as we speak.

A second look at patch 1.18 shows that it's actually pretty well put together for something that's just step 1 of 3 in combat revamps. While the new MP costs for healing seems ludicrous, it's not that bad, it's just a repeat of what happened when WotLK healers went from full MP nearly all the time to always empty in Cata. Enmity now makes more sense, but imbalance in damage makes it challenging when in grind parties with 2 or more Archers. Soloing mobs 10+ ranks above you is challenging or pretty much impossible now. Dungeons are challenging for the recommended rank, and bosses are sufficiently challenging without requiring ridiculous mechanics to overcome. It's by no way perfect though, with issues with mob placements conflicting with gathering node locations among miscellaneous other issues.

ratstsrub
July 27th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I HATE THE BLACK SHROUD

So there I was, happily going along with my quest, wanting to get to Mor Dhona from West Shroud because I was nearby.

So, after like 10 freakin minutes of running through the long hallway that is the Shroud's piss poor excuse of map design, I run into a Dormite.

Right, in the middle, of the goddamn path. There are no alternate routes for me to take.

So I reasoned, hey maybe I can tank one hit, and the camp is nearby, I'll run past him then.

Long story short I died about 5 steps from the camp.

And quit the game right after.

So for anybody who wants to get into game design, here's some tips:

Make the map and the path a narrow line with no other way pass.
Place top level enemy right at the end to a save point, but before the save point.
???
Profit!!

jwang
July 29th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Haha, yeah some of the mob placements there is absolutely retarded. Reports form other players say the some nodes have mobs camping right on top of them, so as a result as soon as you rez you die, you can't even port out. Thrilling isn't it?

jwang
October 16th, 2011, 08:42 AM
In a brilliant move, Wada decides to start charging at around end of November/early December. Prepare for the exodus until 2.0 hits, these servers are going to be empty as fuck... Oh, and 1.19 has been released for a while; stats are shifted around, combat balance has been altered, chocobos, airships, leve stockpiling, experience chains and links, and recipe changes.

ratstsrub
October 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
And yet, there is still nothing to do.

jwang
November 11th, 2012, 05:37 AM
http://youtu.be/39j5v8jlndM

An era has ended.

The future will be better.

ratstsrub
November 11th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

There is some satisfaction in seeing that world destroyed.

jwang
June 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Hey ratstsrub, remember about believing it when you see it? Phase 3 is here, and it really brings the goods. Gameplay is smooth, storyline and questing is top notch FF quality, and graphics as always is beautiful. Anyone who has a beta key, GET IN HERE NOW. Seriously, this shit's amazing. It's everything 1.0 should have been, and we're still at only half the content available. You got to experience it to see how different it has become.

KENTA
June 14th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I wish I wasn't poor and actually enjoyed MMO's.

ratstsrub
June 14th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hey ratstsrub, remember about believing it when you see it? Phase 3 is here, and it really brings the goods. Gameplay is smooth, storyline and questing is top notch FF quality, and graphics as always is beautiful. Anyone who has a beta key, GET IN HERE NOW. Seriously, this shit's amazing. It's everything 1.0 should have been, and we're still at only half the content available. You got to experience it to see how different it has become.

I haven't seen it yet.

ZidanReign
June 14th, 2013, 07:24 PM
After all the hardship and tries, why the hell can't I get my fucking hands on a beta key

Its like square enix is saying fuck you, you'll never try an online Final Fantasy ever

jwang
June 15th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Apply right now, and you might get in during a later test period of this phase. Phase 4 (open beta) is at most 3 days, and the release is August 27th. Pre-order/Legacy early access is up to 1 week prior, so we're looking at something like 12-15th of August for phase 4. Plenty of time to sign up now and pray for a beta code. Also: lie lie lie about the specs of the computer you're using.

ZidanReign
June 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
MY rig is only a few months old. Its not shitty at all D:

jwang
June 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Haha, well in that case just play the waiting game. This beta is so well done that me and my friends forget that it actually is still in beta phase sometimes. Very few glitches, combat and questing for the most part very smooth, and plenty of filler events for you to do so it isn't mindless questing from area to area. Your classes feel plenty powerful, especially when you hit 15, and the ability to bring abilities from other classes over makes for some interesting combinations.

Also: SE gear is so pretty.

Hen_Ichi
June 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jtQJ5By.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ClonWvh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/udn9PN4.jpg

Waiting game indeed...

ZidanReign
June 16th, 2013, 05:07 PM
tfw ADHD can't wait for even wait for fish to cook

and your telling me to wait for a game

arghh the inhumanity

jwang
June 18th, 2013, 11:21 AM
1.0 characters are available this weekend! I'm going try to take lots of screen shots to post. IT'S GOING TO BE GLORIOUS!

jwang
June 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
So for everyone that still don't have a beta key, apparently the German XIV Facebook site is giving away keys for likes or something like that. Fire up your Google translate and make an EU SE account to get into phase 3 testing if you haven't got a key yet!

Edit: Too late, it's closed. Wish I heard about it earlier, sorry.

jwang
June 27th, 2013, 11:02 AM
For anyone who wants to try out the beta, keep a lookout on the FFXIV twitter feed. They've been announcing promotions to give away beta keys, so if you haven't gotten one yet and want one, try to snag one from there.

ZidanReign
June 27th, 2013, 06:39 PM
HOPE I'M NOT LATE SHIIIIIIIIT

EDIT: oh god dammit my tears they won't stop

2nd EDIT: oh shit WHAT THERE'S A KEY IN MY MAIL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3rd EDIT: why give me a key when phase 3 is over already back to tears

jwang
June 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
They are currently running beta during the weekend. You can start playing tomorrow 2 AM PST/5 AM EST. Enjoy the new world, it's gorgeous and amazing!

jwang
August 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is now live! At least for the folks who pre-ordered and got into Early Access. I will be streaming gameplay once early access ends and NDA for streaming drops. This thing is fantastic, everyone should try at least the free 30 day you get with purchase.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/

Also, above link should be helpful.

Strife ❤️
August 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I am annoyed since I have the old collectors edition but that doesn't let me into early access and I ain't buying the game again just for it.

jwang
August 24th, 2013, 12:01 PM
What a lot of people did was pre-order from Amazon/Gamestop > get 18 digit pre-order code > enter code for 20 digit early access code > cancel pre-order. Yes, that's being a scumbag and all, but hey 3 days early go you. Also, if you had 1.0 edition registered, you will have 2 weeks free trial, so if you were burned then, you can try it out now and see if you like it better.

Kelnish
August 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Mmos are awful.

Strife ❤️
September 13th, 2013, 10:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Fs8F0Xj.jpg

Paladin AF armor :>

Sorans
September 22nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
I finally started FFXIV last week and having fun with my White Mage now lv.50 while working on the other classes. I'm in the Goblin server.

In which server do most of you play ?

Also, if any missed it, there are new videos about the latest addition to come with 2.1 and it's awesome <3

PvP (The Wolves' Den)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=ui1Ng8quwkg

Housing system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_15TJde09E&amp;feature=player_embedded

Preview of yet unexplored parts of The Binding Coil of Bahamut dungeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7VknOhNk38&amp;feature=player_embedded

Oh and there's more stuff of course! I only mentioned the content shown in video.

There will be new dungeons, The Crystal Tower included (24 players with FFIII bosses).

Treasure hunting: This will be a new feature that revolves around finding treasure. Not much as been revealed as to what we can expect from it, but it can be done solo or multiplayer.

Hard mode against a special foe: A hard mode battle featuring a special boss. When this enemy was first created, the developers felt that it was too difficult of a fight, and ended up omitting it from the final version. However, they’ve decided to have it appear as slightly weaker version, who’ll be appearing in the new update. In regards to which monster it will be, Yoshida says that it’ll be a secret for now.

Daily primal quests: The daily primal quests will revolve around the fights against special enemies. These will appear on a daily basis, where you can login everyday and decide how many you want to do.

Content Finder — random matching feature: This will also have various contents with random match-ups for players willing to lend others a hand. Doing so will give you tokens that can be used to acquire stronger equipment.

Additionally, version 2.1 will also be adding a beauty parlor that allows you to change your hairstyle.

Taken from Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/20/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-update-brings-pvp-housing-and-more/#b3pKvEcg8LRoepYX.99)

Finally, there will be collaboration events between FFXIV and DQ X and FFXI sometime before Christmas.

Strife ❤️
September 29th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I'm on Gilgamesh server! Been getting really into it. I got my relic weapons the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/hElBshm.jpg

When you get Curtana you get told that three weapons were forged at the same time. I'm guessing Joyeuse and Durandal will be available in the future :D

Sorans
October 6th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Nice! I'm getting my relic next week. Also stacking Tomestones of mythology to get it to +1 in 3 weeks.

I'll post some screenshots soon !

Strife ❤️
December 22nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EFX4I1r.gif

Tank Limit Break :D

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 02:20 PM
I can't believe they nerfed Steps.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4af393d0bac4c00047fed36f242cc71e9f20311f

Friggin noobs complaining they can't beat it. I beat it easily (three days after release since I didn't know there was a patch) and it was on first try. Noobs need to step up.

R.Lock
May 13th, 2015, 04:15 PM
My sentiments exactly.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 04:18 PM
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5927488/

I use to play on Bryhildr. (I was the leader of the then famous now completely dead) Wyrmhero.

Now I'm stuck on Zalera. I made 1.2 mill on the transfer but IDK if it was worth it.

R.Lock
May 13th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Eh, playing on Cerberus. I like my FC.

In other news, got my Thyrus Zenith (Artemis Bow is on hold because that freaking grind for alexandrite). Ugh, don't want to heal Titan HM ever again. Or Ifrit.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Fuck Relic. I just use ironworks wep. My highest relic has only 1 book finished.

R.Lock
May 13th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Bards can't use Ironworks. The only other options are High Allagan Bow, Zeta or Dreadwyrm. So... yeah.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 05:01 PM
That really sucks. All of those are a bitch to get.

Mcjon01
May 13th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I'll get my first class to 50 someday, I promise.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Haha you're a nobody If you don't have alts that are already at lvl 50. reaching level 50 and full endgame means 2million + gill in the bank due it enough times and you can buy a mansion. Also play the MB.

Mcjon01
May 13th, 2015, 05:47 PM
I just want to mine okay???

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Pandora Brunstead

A demonic Tsundere inspired by Akiha and Pandora Hearts.

http://i.imgur.com/LB8qHzq.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/1tyDDZM.png

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I should add a secondary hair collour?

- - - Updated - - -

I could also go with this design
http://i.imgur.com/13Gujl5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

But the first one seems much more "Hime-sama"

R.Lock
May 13th, 2015, 08:28 PM
The one thing I absolutely love about Au Ra is their irises and dem shades. Also, Au Ra females are just stupidly cute and adorable.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 08:31 PM
The one thing I absolutely love about Au Ra is their irises and dem shades. Also, Au Ra females are just stupidly cute and adorable.
IKR! They're perfect for "Magic Eyes"

R.Lock
May 13th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Caster, stop lurking and join in!

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Caster, stop lurking and join in!
LOL.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Caster turned into Seika. Amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

He's truly a Caster

mewarmo990
May 13th, 2015, 09:21 PM

What server?

Mcjon01
May 13th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Gilgamesh, currently out of subscription though.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 09:24 PM
currently out of subscription though.
This. My next sub is coming with Heavensward.

Haseo Nanaya
May 13th, 2015, 10:26 PM
I tried to make Kuzuki-sensei since he is just so badass but sigh this is the best I could do.
http://i.imgur.com/KLiGW1Y.png

- - - Updated - - -

At best he looks like a young Kuzuki.

Strife ❤️
May 13th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Gilgamesh, currently out of subscription though.

I'm on Gilgamesh and I just resubbed yesterday.

R.Lock
May 16th, 2015, 07:37 AM
I think trial roulette hates me. Otherwise, why the random'd choose the freaking Chrysalis for me to heal? Just a note, Ifrit HM is just about the worst thing I had to heal before, so I had basically no idea how to heal in 8-men trials. Yeah...

So I just go with the flow and hardcast the normal buffs (except for Eye for an eye 'cuz I don't have it). The fight goes normal until I notice that Spark starts hitting the wrong tank. Quick Tab on Nabriales, and of course, tanks are fighting for aggro. Idiots. It was especially painful on Triple Sparks 'cuz Cure II is spent on the now-OT, SCH is as confused as me, and there's really no time to cast Cure II on MT. MT drops dead, gets revived, the other tank drops dead...

So yeah, wipe. The second one because on the first try DPS got wiped by overeating the wrong orbs. On the third try, tanks stood in the same comet letting the other one AoE splash. Got a clear, but fuck Chrysalis. Never want to heal it again.

Haseo Nanaya
May 16th, 2015, 12:18 PM
God I hate chrysalis. Healing isn't so hard if the dps trust the tanks in phase 2. But they don't. I only beat it when my FC stepped in to help.

R.Lock
May 19th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Got the first pony. Farming Garuda wasn't that bad. Probably, Ifrit'd not be much of a problem. I don't want to farm Titan and Levi x.x

Haseo Nanaya
May 19th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Damn Pony farms. I'm not that into mounts so I don't have to worry. Uggg I can't wait for june 19 so I can play again.!!!

mewarmo990
May 19th, 2015, 05:03 PM
ugh, leveling sub-classes is so BORING

R.Lock
May 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM
ugh, leveling sub-classes is so BORING
Yep. That's why I got lazy after getting DRG to 40.

R.Lock
May 22nd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Thoughts about changes in HS:

BRD: I'm a castah now. Two big buffs and a little tweaks in mechanics. I like it.

LNC: ...Nothing really changed, but still, shorter animation locks are nice. And that freaking buff.

MNK: Probably the best tweaks. No more being useless in phase transitions, and they're getting uber-OP in TP management.

NIN: Take that, NIN. Positionals, and getting more support stuff. Big nerf.

PLD: Acc bonus in Shield Oath, more nice stuff. Great.

WAR: a new stance and a new resource. Not bad.

WHM: a regen field, healing Holy and other crazy stuff. Hype.

SCH: Eh, good stuff, but nothing real impressive. Suicidal faeries...

SMN: Akh Morn, bitch. I don't care about egis, it's Akh Morn!

BLM: a walking cheat. Even more of a walking cheat. Oh well.

New jobs:

MCN: Doesn't look too great, doesn't seem like it's got its own auto-attacks. (turrels-only).

AST: looks great, wonder how RNG comes into play.

DRK: LIVING ON THE EDGE. Gap closer, emo stance, oh lol. I swear many DRK will blame the healers for letting them die in emo stance.

Haseo Nanaya
May 22nd, 2015, 10:41 AM
I don't know what you're talking about but if NIN got nerfed then well fuck. My alt is main NIN.
My main is main SCH. I had to purposfully ignore my SMN so people would stop asking me to DPS on her.

R.Lock
May 22nd, 2015, 12:57 PM
I don't know what you're talking about but if NIN got nerfed then well fuck. My alt is main NIN.
My main is main SCH. I had to purposfully ignore my SMN so people would stop asking me to DPS on her.
NIN got positionals in HS. Huton got buffed, though. (it's now extendable)

Haseo Nanaya
May 22nd, 2015, 01:43 PM
Oh I see. I missed the letter yesterday. Was wondering where you got the info. So is positional for all NIN stuff or is it 50-60 skills?

R.Lock
May 22nd, 2015, 05:51 PM
Oh I see. I missed the letter yesterday. Was wondering where you got the info. So is positional for all NIN stuff or is it 50-60 skills?
I think it'd extend to some of the skills from 1-50, too. You'd have to wait till E3 for the full digest... scratch that, for the patch notes reading.

MCN is the worst job from what I've seen...

R.Lock
May 26th, 2015, 11:09 AM
http://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward

R.Lock
May 30th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Hm, it's so easy to farm Levi EX. Very unexpected but welcome. Pony count: 2/6(8) And got myself a cool bow Tidal wave bow. Damn, I'm happy.

Haseo Nanaya
May 30th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Hm, it's so easy to farm Levi EX. Very unexpected but welcome. Pony count: 2/6(8) And got myself a cool bow Tidal wave bow. Damn, I'm happy.
Gahhh I want my sub!!!

R.Lock
May 30th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Gahhh I want my sub!!!
:P I want Steam to finally start pre-orders because I'm getting so damn impatient.

Haseo Nanaya
May 31st, 2015, 12:59 AM
I really REALLY want the. to add blitzball and sphere break to the GS. I've been playing so much drownball recently and would like to continue when I get my sub w/ HW.

R.Lock
June 3rd, 2015, 01:46 AM
:P I want Steam to finally start pre-orders because I'm getting so damn impatient.
The deed's done, just need to wait for release!

Haseo Nanaya
June 15th, 2015, 10:16 PM
GOT MY NEW SUB FIGHT [email protected]!!!!#121235342123^&U%#$^##$^@^#%R^%^&(^

Caster
June 16th, 2015, 03:47 PM
So this was posted today. ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2kVCzhAQXI

Haseo Nanaya
June 16th, 2015, 03:53 PM
LOL. at 0:39. King Raithwall reference.

Haseo Nanaya
June 16th, 2015, 05:43 PM
All those one piece reference in the mistbeard quest.

Strife ❤️
June 16th, 2015, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Nd3n7SS.gif

Haseo Nanaya
June 16th, 2015, 07:58 PM
What is that? It needs sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a cut away from the video?

- - - Updated - - -

Gill Sword Rain.

- - - Updated - - -

Making a Gill character.

- - - Updated - - -

And transferring all my wealth to him

Haseo Nanaya
June 16th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Well I finally know what the traditional mamoogal ? bathing dance is. yuck!

- - - Updated - - -

Mamool Ja

R.Lock
June 17th, 2015, 04:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Nd3n7SS.gif
I love being BRD.

R.Lock
June 17th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Reading patch notes. SMN should be very happy right now.

Haseo Nanaya
June 17th, 2015, 10:52 AM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JSCm4VBfKGnegzqWQpsNWKI_uZkSFyVZ3lI1VGvrnl0/pub

R.Lock
June 17th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Got my Nexus. Sigh. Took me 2 days more than I expected.

And... the hell is with Barrage? Is that a BRD's Tri-Disaster now...? Might as well start playing SMN...

Haseo Nanaya
June 17th, 2015, 06:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bcE5o6R.png

Damn it all.

R.Lock
June 17th, 2015, 06:44 PM
No way. A good-looking BRD set. http://puu.sh/i3OcV/0438add3ec.jpg

R.Lock
June 18th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Started downloading the update. Hype. Hype. HYPE.

A little less than 24 hours till the early access.

Haseo Nanaya
June 18th, 2015, 12:53 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/squareenixpresents

It's on!!!!

Haseo Nanaya
June 18th, 2015, 01:31 PM
AST is HYPE.

http://i.imgur.com/OUHrhlt.webm

http://i.imgur.com/MwUSWqW.webm

http://i.imgur.com/yAzybYS.webm
http://i.imgur.com/hyNtJDQ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/MM62YF5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/q3hSLn7.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5THpPLy.gif
http://i.imgur.com/FXF2DtU.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/J76KSFu.gif

- - - Updated - - -

http://puu.sh/i6uIx/3993a1c229.jpghttp://puu.sh/i6uHF/aab647c951.jpghttp://puu.sh/i6uGL/4400ecf1e1.jpghttp://puu.sh/i6uJl/758b5b9fab.jpghttp://puu.sh/i6uHd/0a1ba5b533.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/A1MPhGl.webm

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/cEn7lau.gif

- - - Updated - - -

The rest are videos so not able to post em.

R.Lock
June 19th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Heavensward server shennanigans began. Cerberus is down, and a few other servers too.

The less populated servers seem to be up and running, though.

Haseo Nanaya
June 19th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Spent an hour trying to get my early acces to work. Am now downloading HW from PSN.

Mashina
June 19th, 2015, 06:40 AM
I hate having shit internet. At the rate this is downloading I won't be able to play 'till tomorrow.
Hopefully the servers will be back up by then.

R.Lock
June 19th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Cerberus just can't take a break. It's dead yet again.

Level 51, and so damn close to getting the new song :(

Haseo Nanaya
June 19th, 2015, 04:37 PM
took me 3 hours to just play. played for a couple hours tehn slept for three. im so far behind

Strife ❤️
June 19th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I didn't know that you'd have to do every single fucking part of the old storyline before you can do anything new.

I quit after Crystal Tower first came out which means there is so much stuff to do. Dull, dull, dull.

Haseo Nanaya
June 19th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Frig you alphy. That damn lala better stay dead! Down with the sultanate, long live the empire.

SE got pressured into it. damn cowards.

Strife ❤️
June 21st, 2015, 05:29 AM
I'm burning through story pretty fast, should be in Heavensward tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/8Y4h4t9.png

Teach me, Minfillia Sensei!

R.Lock
June 21st, 2015, 06:17 AM
Hm, don't skip final cutscenes ^^ They're fairly long, but heck.

Mashina
June 21st, 2015, 08:15 AM
Frig you alphy. That damn lala better stay dead! Down with the sultanate, long live the empire.

SE got pressured into it. damn cowards.
The hell are you on about? Everyone knew she was about as likely to be dead as Minfillia the second they watched that cutscene in the first place. Not to mention, it's not like anyone was particularly clamouring for her revival.

Sarn
June 21st, 2015, 02:57 PM
I might resume the game depending on whether or not the feedback about Heavensward is good.
Has there been a lot of additions to the story since the Shiva patch? (it had just been implemented when I left the game)

Haseo Nanaya
June 21st, 2015, 08:26 PM
The hell are you on about? Everyone knew she was about as likely to be dead as Minfillia the second they watched that cutscene in the first place. Not to mention, it's not like anyone was particularly clamouring for her revival.

I was pretty much just so happy that she was 'dead' that i didn't care and just chose to believe it blindly.

Caster
June 21st, 2015, 08:45 PM
I didn't necessarily believe she would stay dead, but I also wasn't positive she'd come back. Resurrection is a bit different from an off-screen "death" like the Scions got. The latter is almost always a sign someone is coming back, but she was definitely dead. I'd sooner believe a sleep like death kind of poison than flat resurrection, but guess that's what they'll go with.

Haseo Nanaya
June 21st, 2015, 08:51 PM
They did.

Caster
June 21st, 2015, 09:41 PM
Oh well. At least there were possible hints at it, though I guess it depends on how they do it. It's quite likely they won't bother following the older options.

Also really miffed my boyfriend lost the receipt, so excited for this. At least Dragonsong is very pretty.

Haseo Nanaya
June 21st, 2015, 09:59 PM
SE gives you option if you lost the receipt.

Caster
June 21st, 2015, 11:07 PM
They do? I figured it was kind of a lost cause. Mind sharing the details? I'm going to look into it, but I'm not sure how easily I'll find it.

Edit: Nevermind, doesn't seem like anything special. I guess I just thought it wouldn't work. My fault for assuming the store clerk would know, oh well.

Haseo Nanaya
June 21st, 2015, 11:12 PM
I was trying to find out why my pre access wasn't working (I didn't download the game) and I came across a SE website that for a Q&A on problems with pre order.

mewarmo990
June 22nd, 2015, 02:21 AM
I'm technically playing Early Access and stuff but still on 2.4 story lol

Hard to go back to this while enamored with Witcher 3. But I do really want to try Astrologian.

- - - Updated - - -

also poetics, poetics everywhere

Haseo Nanaya
June 22nd, 2015, 02:28 AM
AST is amazingly good fun.

Strife ❤️
June 22nd, 2015, 07:37 PM
Managed to go from 2.0 endgame to Heavensward in two days. The ending was pretty brutal...

Midgardsormr is the best pet

http://i.imgur.com/jw41jll.png

Caster
June 22nd, 2015, 07:47 PM
How's the story?

R.Lock
June 23rd, 2015, 08:33 AM
Pretty amazing so far.

R.Lock
June 24th, 2015, 06:48 AM
My thoughts on BRD's current situation.

There are too many hot-headed idiots on this planet.

R.Lock
June 25th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Hit level 60. Dungeons are super fun, although the one on Sea of Clouds is incredibly annoying for ranged/mage DPS. They are mostly just a mix of mechanics introduced in 2.0-2.5, but heck if they don't look beautiful.

I'd have tried my hand at new EX primals, but had no time, and would have to clear them in Autumn. New gear mostly looks better than the old one, although some of them are just re-colored old sets. I want Ravana's bow, it looks crazy good ;.;

Caster
June 25th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Any pics of this new Primal gear?

R.Lock
June 25th, 2015, 07:08 PM
You only get weapons from Primals + 1 token for each time you've beaten it. Looks pretty cool, and should be on xivdb.

Can't screeshot it, though.

Haseo Nanaya
June 25th, 2015, 07:15 PM
So Bismark's Baleen costs 1.1 million (only one sold) on MB. Got it on my first run. My luck.

Haseo Nanaya
June 25th, 2015, 11:32 PM
just found out I'm not eligible for the return to eorzea campaign by only three days. there goes my ilvl 130 weapon for all my alts.

Haseo Nanaya
July 7th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Now that we can go to the Dravanian Forelands, will we be able to in the future go to the heart of the Chocobo forest and find a Gold Chocobo or fight a Chocobo Primal like Trickster from Final Fantasy XII, the protector of Chocobos?

- - - Updated - - -

I just asked this in the new letter to the producer.

Strife ❤️
July 7th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Love the final boss of the main story.

Knights of the Round!

http://i.imgur.com/xaQex8B.jpg

Haseo Nanaya
July 7th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Loving Alexander.

Strife ❤️
July 8th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Sorting out my house

http://i.imgur.com/TgeA3In.png

Mcjon01
July 8th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Why did you buy so many copies of the same book?

Strife ❤️
July 8th, 2015, 03:37 PM
It's volumes 1-250 of Encyclopedia Eorzea

Haseo Nanaya
July 8th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Sorting out my house

http://i.imgur.com/TgeA3In.png
WOW what size is it? I want to upgrade to a mansion but I have the best small sized plot right by the sea. so it shard to move.

Strife ❤️
July 8th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Just small

Haseo Nanaya
July 8th, 2015, 03:41 PM
It looked like Medium to me. So half your house is the encyclopedia of Eorzea?

Haseo Nanaya
July 8th, 2015, 11:25 PM
Is anyone else abusing their MB? I made 5 mill with about half an hour of work a day. I just bet about 1-1.5 mill and I'll get back 2-3 mill if everything goes well.

- - - Updated - - -

Just met an Au Ra newb called Emiya Faker. Invited him to BL bc why not.

Strife ❤️
July 9th, 2015, 01:50 PM
I want the "refer a friend" Twintania mount for referring three friends.

Problem is, my friends already own the game, so I had to find another way.

http://i.imgur.com/AAp8ric.jpg

Seika
July 9th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Striiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.

Haseo Nanaya
July 9th, 2015, 01:59 PM
How do I respond to this?......

Trubo
July 9th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I want the "refer a friend" Twintania mount for referring three friends.

Problem is, my friends already own the game, so I had to find another way.

Heh, I had a similar problem with WoW's Refer-A-Friend mounts, but I never bothered to just buy additional accounts for them.

That said, you might want to try referring me next time assuming the offer works for PC referrals. I'd at least be tempted to try it for a month.

Haseo Nanaya
July 9th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Can I refer you?

E) I just need your email lol

Strife ❤️
July 9th, 2015, 02:09 PM
look tho

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C-_b1PtpkTU/VZ64rUurw-I/AAAAAAAACeI/woyiUXtijhc/s1600/tt.png

http://www.swaggerffxiv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ffxiv-2014-01-25-19-41-57-21.jpg

Seika
July 9th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Post pictures of you riding it and I might be convinced.

(I will never be convinced that was worth thirty quid, but I might be impressed).

E: Wait, Amazon's got it for just 2.35, I could be convinced.

R.Lock
July 10th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife ;.;

I'm not setting up two more Steam accounts just for this mount, ugh. And the second one was just me being unable to buy anything on my original account.

Haseo Nanaya
July 10th, 2015, 03:25 PM
I just got my 4th Materia V, Craft's Command V!!! I'm asking for 2.5 to 5 Million gill (no tax)
my other ones were
Vitality V sold for 1 million gil minus 50k tax
Crit V sold for 1 million gill minus 50k tax
Earth V not sold. On MB for 400k.
Only 9 materia Vs have appeared on my server.

Strife ❤️
July 10th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Post pictures of you riding it and I might be convinced.

Yeah there's a reason I went with the boxed PS3 version and it's because it costs a pittance now.

The rewards aren't available until the end of the month though, so no picture yet.

Trubo
July 11th, 2015, 01:20 PM
What servers are everyone on? Thinking of giving this a try to help with Haseo's referral thing.

R.Lock
July 11th, 2015, 03:33 PM
What servers are everyone on? Thinking of giving this a try to help with Haseo's referral thing.
Haseo's on Zalera, Strife and McJon (he's out of sub, I think) are on Gilgamesh, me on Cerberus (out of sub for Summer). Oh, and I think there are some moon-readers who play on Japanese servers, but eh.

Trubo
July 11th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Haseo's on Zalera, Strife and McJon (he's out of sub, I think) are on Gilgamesh, me on Cerberus (out of sub for Summer). Oh, and I think there are some moon-readers who play on Japanese servers, but eh.

Are they like WoW servers in that there's US-Name and EU-Name, or one size fits all regions?

R.Lock
July 11th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Are they like WoW servers in that there's US-Name and EU-Name, or one size fits all regions?
The latter for now. Later on EU data centers will be transferred to some other servers to reduce latency, though.

Haseo Nanaya
July 11th, 2015, 04:05 PM
The american servers are in america, the Japanese servers are in Japan, and the EU servers are ofc in Canada.

R.Lock
July 11th, 2015, 04:07 PM
The american servers are in america, the Japanese servers are in Japan, and the EU servers are ofc in Canada.
Not true.

Strife ❤️
July 11th, 2015, 04:11 PM
I don't think me and McJon ever actually played at the same time. Anyway, I moved to Odin EU when Heavensward came out.

mewarmo990
July 11th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I'm on Masamune, a JP server. My FC (guild) is English-speaking, though.

R.Lock
July 11th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Oh lol, there's character creation restriction on Cerberus right now. First time I've seen it on Cerberus.

Sieg
July 11th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Im playing as well! (Im only level 38 or so though)

Im on Shiva (EU), got two characters. I had a character on Cactuar previously, because i played together with some NA friend, but kinda dragged him to Shiva with me

Mashina
July 11th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I'm on Cerberus too, but my internet's been too shoddy lately to play properly. Still only level 56 at the moment.

R.Lock
July 11th, 2015, 05:21 PM
I'm on Cerberus too, but my internet's been too shoddy lately to play properly. Still only level 56 at the moment.
Ohhhhh, nickname there?

Mashina
July 11th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Mashina Tiladen. You'll spot me easily, I'm one of the five Elezen on the server.

R.Lock
July 12th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Mashina Tiladen. You'll spot me easily, I'm one of the five Elezen on the server.
I'll look for you... when I return to the game in September >< Forced Summer holidays and stuff. The name on Cerberus is Ria Arrow.

Strife ❤️
July 12th, 2015, 05:19 PM
First item from Alexander :)

Also I put my character back to how she used to look.

http://i.imgur.com/ClKZ01n.jpg

Haseo Nanaya
July 12th, 2015, 06:37 PM
My first item was the boots today I'm trying for the hands. Tuesday I'm going to do my weekly hunt, get the waist, the ring, and the head. After which I can go beat Bessy EX. My sub expires 12:00 am wensday.

Trubo
July 12th, 2015, 06:51 PM
My first item was the boots today I'm trying for the hands. Tuesday I'm going to do my weekly hunt, get the waist, the ring, and the head. After which I can go beat Bessy EX. My sub expires 12:00 am wensday.

Oh, are you planning on re-subbing or no?

Haseo Nanaya
July 12th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Oh, are you planning on re-subbing or no?
I will but I'll be taking a short break first.

Haseo Nanaya
July 15th, 2015, 02:14 AM
What class would Nasu be?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a hour to find out lol

- - - Updated - - -

I see all of you guys online.

mewarmo990
July 15th, 2015, 03:00 AM
I just allowed my sub to lapse in preparation for FGO gacha hell.

jk. actually just too busy now. Literally 3-4 hours of free time a day, all of which must be used for studying or I will die from overwork. I really want to play again once I actually have free time at home.

Alulim
July 18th, 2015, 10:50 PM
I have to say, Dark Knight is the most fun end-game tank I have ever played (I main the dps Summoner). It's really flimsy for a tank, but really fun. Totally worth the grind to 60.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/Cade300/ffxiv_07182015_142555.png
Yes, my extended absence from this forum is for the exact reasons you suspect.

Seika
July 19th, 2015, 03:47 AM
Welcome back, Al.

Strife ❤️
July 19th, 2015, 05:48 AM
He still has to get loads of tomestones of law, hunt marks and clear Alexander!

Alulim
July 21st, 2015, 03:37 AM
He still has to get loads of tomestones of law, hunt marks and clear Alexander!

Hm? I've done that all on Summoner (ilvl183). The only thing I have left really is to clear Ravana EX.

(Then the 3.05 happens, and Alexander Savage.)

Welcome back, Al.
Thank you. Though, my appearances are still quite...intermittent.

Strife ❤️
July 29th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Welp, accidentally spent my Tomes of Esoterics on some earrings instead of Antiquated Hauteclaire. Time to never play this wretched game ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Haseo Nanaya
August 29th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Just got full comms for tricking a guy into killing himself. Man, I love Neverreap.

Froggie
October 13th, 2015, 03:17 PM
I started playing this game recently =w=

http://puu.sh/kInst/5c405b0c81.jpg

Mcjon01
October 13th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I'd play some more but I'm too lazy to prove to tech support I'm me so they'll take the one time password off my account.

Mashina
May 27th, 2016, 08:37 AM
New patch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RMaN8U3ots

It's got Pompadours!

R.Lock
May 27th, 2016, 09:08 AM
MSQ always gets me pumped. Not getting back until 3.4 hits, though.

Cruor
June 24th, 2016, 05:25 PM
This game hit a resurgence among the irc channels after the new patch and Pai also apparently playing.

I just started and uhh got my first Job in like 3 days

its fun

R.Lock
June 24th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Real fun starts at 50. What's your starting job?

Mcjon01
June 24th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Gladiator

R.Lock
June 24th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Mr.Jokes, please.

Mcjon01
June 24th, 2016, 06:00 PM
W-what did I do wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Was I supposed to mentally edit starting job to "first job" and not "starting class"

R.Lock
June 24th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Yes. Besides, it'll be just too sad if Cruor spent 3 days on picking one of the first quests you're supposed to take before getting out of the starting city.

Mcjon01
June 24th, 2016, 06:18 PM
I may have??? Don't remember but I wouldn't put it past me.

Kind of want to play again now but I promised myself I wouldn't until Heavensward goes on sale on Steam, so far it's been a year and I'm still safe.

Like, it would literally be cheaper for me to just buy the whole game + expansion for PS4 than it would be to buy the expansion alone for PC, kind of bullshit.

Cruor
June 24th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Real fun starts at 50. What's your starting job?

Archer

- - - Updated - - -

I may have??? Don't remember but I wouldn't put it past me.

Kind of want to play again now but I promised myself I wouldn't until Heavensward goes on sale on Steam, so far it's been a year and I'm still safe.

Like, it would literally be cheaper for me to just buy the whole game + expansion for PS4 than it would be to buy the expansion alone for PC, kind of bullshit.

its on sale for 20 on Steam now (heavensward that is)

I didn't get it today I technically got ti last year as a free bee with my video card but yeah that was three days before Grand Order came out and I don't think anyone expected how time consuming Grand Order was

Cruor
June 24th, 2016, 10:13 PM
I am apparently crazy as I was at one point 10 levels above my main story quest.

I can now do Sunken Temple of Qarn before I even have access to the Level 26 or 28 (whichever it was) main dungeon lololol

Mashina
June 25th, 2016, 02:22 PM
You think you're crazy? I'm leveling my crafting/gathering classes. I don't even know why. Please send help.

Mcjon01
June 25th, 2016, 02:42 PM
its on sale for 20 on Steam now (heavensward that is)
Welp, now I'm in a pickle

Cruor
June 25th, 2016, 02:56 PM
You think you're crazy? I'm leveling my crafting/gathering classes. I don't even know why. Please send help.

I'm doing that too

- - - Updated - - -

One person in the irc group also supposedly mains crafting classes!

Mcjon01
June 25th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Somebody gift me Hevensward so I don't have to choose between video games and giving my mom something nice for her birthday thx

Cruor
June 25th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Welp, now I'm in a pickle

Do it~

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody gift me Hevensward so I don't have to choose between video games and giving my mom something nice for her birthday thx

uwaa i already gifted somebody else it :(

Kuroyuki
June 25th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Did someone say they need a nice metal weapon?

R.Lock
June 26th, 2016, 03:07 AM
I know a guy who levelled 2 jobs to 50 before clearing Garuda NM, lol.

Mashina
June 26th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Well to be fair, finding a group competent enough to clear garuda normal can be quite a chore.

Mcjon01
June 26th, 2016, 09:12 AM
So now that I'm going to resub and start playing again I'm thinking of making a new character on a different server, any suggestions?

R.Lock
June 26th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Avoid Balmung.

- - - Updated - - -

Well to be fair, finding a group competent enough to clear garuda normal can be quite a chore.
It was hard pre-nerf, yeah. But he just didn't bother.

Mcjon01
June 26th, 2016, 09:25 AM
What I'm actually asking is what BL member is the most fun to play with since I'm assuming you're all in different worlds.

Cruor
June 26th, 2016, 09:25 AM
So now that I'm going to resub and start playing again I'm thinking of making a new character on a different server, any suggestions?

faerie is where we all play on irc

Pai when he possibly subs also might

R.Lock
June 26th, 2016, 09:44 AM
What I'm actually asking is what BL member is the most fun to play with since I'm assuming you're all in different worlds.
It's just a general advice. Unless you actually like cyber in MMO.

Mcjon01
June 26th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Meeting new people is too hazukashii I'd rather hang out with people I already know

Trubo
June 26th, 2016, 10:41 AM
faerie is where we all play on irc

Pai when he possibly subs also might

How many BL people are playing on that server? I've been thinking of trying the game out myself, assuming I can get through some of my other steam backlog. At the very least, I'd like to finish Trails in the Sky Chapter 1.

Mcjon01
June 26th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Then again, maybe I'll just stay on Gilgamesh, if people are willing to wake up at 3 a.m. just to try to get in there must be a pretty good reason. And I can always Fantasia up a new appearance.

Katie
June 26th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Faerie is a mid-population server, it's almost never full.

Also the count is like 8-10 or something, but not everyone is on at the same time.

R.Lock
June 26th, 2016, 03:00 PM
I think, Sango is on Gilgamesh.

Cruor
June 26th, 2016, 04:17 PM
How many BL people are playing on that server? I've been thinking of trying the game out myself, assuming I can get through some of my other steam backlog. At the very least, I'd like to finish Trails in the Sky Chapter 1.

KnightTurtle
Egophobia (RP person)
Elyrun (an old user)
Cruor
Froggie/Ziodyne
Dranes
MssrNeko (a RP person)
Mereo_Flare (a RP person)
Kuroyuki (kinda a RP person who also goes to AMG sometimes?)
Reiu (just started)
Arkturus (an RP person)
Ayakashi is supposed to start playing but can't download the game because of third world internet problems
Fallacies (a fanfic person) might switch servers
Paitouch might start playing but is kinda weirded out when he told Reiu to try it out ended up getting addicted to he might not)
Kirby is interested especially because of the steam sale but doesn't like the subscription fee
and more kinda

Out of those people.... You probably don't recognize many of the RP people! Though Paitouch might start! If you don't wanna play with us Fallacies and CanonRap play on the jp servers.

Trubo
June 26th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Does it cost anything to switch servers or change character race/build/face/etc?

Cruor
June 26th, 2016, 04:46 PM
from mog station

■World Transfer Service Fee

・$18 per transfer

Trubo
June 26th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Still a lot, but much better than WoW's bullshit 25 USD and 30 USD cost for a server transfer and faction transfer, respectively.

SynMirage
June 26th, 2016, 05:30 PM
There sure are a lot of BL players in Faerie.

Mcjon01
June 26th, 2016, 06:12 PM
I only recognize Reiu so instead of making a new character just tell her to hop to Gilgamesh and we'll raid together

Trubo
June 26th, 2016, 06:27 PM
What's the economy like on both of these servers, or can one be self-sufficient enough for casual endgame content?

SynMirage
June 26th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Managed to get by playing casually, though I only cleared up to 3.1 patch. Didn't really need cash all that much, until I started doing Zodiac and Anima questlines. Gearing isn't all that bad provided you do your dailies for tomes and what not. I just sold random materias I get from dungeons, beast tribe quests and whatever item I get from retainers for cash. Currently sitting at 6M. You probably could gain more if you're into crafting. Guess what I'm trying to say here is that, unless you're into serious glamour, crafting or raiding. You won't really be worrying about economy. Also I'm on Faerie.

Trubo
June 26th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Oh, I was looking at the Steam sale thing for it and noticed something funny. It's cheaper to buy FF 14 and Heavensward separate than it is to buy the packaged deal. 29.98 USD vs 35.98 USD.

Trubo
June 26th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Game should be installed in about one hour. Does BL have a guild on Faerie, or is there a friendlist or something people can add each other?

Trubo
June 27th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Any real reason to pick the starter quest gear over more gil?

R.Lock
June 27th, 2016, 01:40 AM
You don't need gil until level 15. Pick up starter gear (right side iirc), do training mode for guaranteed equip (it'll unlock when you unlock Sastasha)

Mashina
June 27th, 2016, 06:26 AM
The gil you get from those quests is miniscule and one of the early main quests requires you to have at least some level 5 gear.

Cruor
June 27th, 2016, 09:05 AM
I only recognize Reiu so instead of making a new character just tell her to hop to Gilgamesh and we'll raid together

You don't recognize Cruor? ;___;

- - - Updated - - -

Game should be installed in about one hour. Does BL have a guild on Faerie, or is there a friendlist or something people can add each other?

There's a guild.

Mcjon01
June 27th, 2016, 09:09 AM
You can come too I guess

Trubo
June 27th, 2016, 09:33 AM
The gil you get from those quests is miniscule and one of the early main quests requires you to have at least some level 5 gear.

Yeah, so I noticed. Should be fine, as the merchants nearby sell gear so maybe I can take advantage of the sell-back system since, based on what that tutorial window said, sell-backs go for full price until you do a zone transition.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a guild.

Would anyone be able to provide an invite later today? If so, just let me know when you will be on.

Cruor
June 27th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Sure!

Mcjon01
June 27th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Actually how should I even approach coming back after basically 1+ year of not playing, mid-level and right smack in the middle of the story (I think I was about to have to run some dungeon in a forest?) Is there an easy way to get back into the swing of things? I don't even remember the Gladiator skill rotation.

Cruor
June 27th, 2016, 09:51 AM
You can come too I guess

Yaaaay! Though I'm not sure if I should take that offer up :X

- - - Updated - - -

Actually how should I even approach coming back after basically 1+ year of not playing, mid-level and right smack in the middle of the story (I think I was about to have to run some dungeon in a forest?) Is there an easy way to get back into the swing of things? I don't even remember the Gladiator skill rotation.

I hadn't played in over a year so I started a new char except it turned out I remembered the story pretty well. The combos though....

Trubo
June 27th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Sure!

Will you be online one hour from now? Just have to run some errands real quick.

Mcjon01
June 27th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I hadn't played in over a year so I started a new char
When I think about losing all those Hand and Land levels and having to do it all again I get panic sweats

Cruor
June 27th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Will you be online one hour from now? Just have to run some errands real quick.

ya

- - - Updated - - -

When I think about losing all those Hand and Land levels and having to do it all again I get panic sweats

ikr you can get into the game by I guess leveling other classes for a bit

SynMirage
June 27th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Well leveling using leves makes it easier. And if you have friends with high levels in crafting, its even easier. Just make them craft stuff needed for leves. Gathering classes on the other hand can be a pain.

Trubo
June 27th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah, been getting attribute points as I level. Haven't spent any yet since not sure what I want to do later.

Mcjon01
June 27th, 2016, 12:53 PM
What class are you?

Trubo
June 27th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Arcanist

SynMirage
June 27th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Put it all on Int.

Trubo
June 27th, 2016, 02:33 PM
My main concern was not having points for the other classes, but I guess that since all classes start at level 1 once you can unlock them that I'd earn stat points for them too.

SynMirage
June 27th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Pretty much. Each class has their own attribute points. So just place all your attribute points on your main stat for your character.