PDA

View Full Version : [Harry Potter/Nasuverse] You're a Magus, Harry!



Pages : [1] 2

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Your name is Harry James Potter, and your life sucks immensely.

You are an orphan since both your parents died on a car accident, so your mother's sister took you in. Unfortunately, you have the slight impression both your relatives and his son hate you, but you are absolutely sure they are scared of you.

Neither your relatives ever touched you, nor they starved you. As far as physically speaking, you are a healthy kid if a bit on the thin side, partially because they never gave you treats like chocolate bar or carbonated beverages and partially because your mother's sister son, Dudley, would always eat most of the meat on the dishes you made and left you the vegetables.

On the other hand they were never shy to show their immense displeasure in having you around, often glaring at you with all the hate they could muster and on rare occasions voicing out loud their displeasure. However most of the time they keep away from you, and tried to pretend you don't exist except to care for your basic needs.

You are...
[ ]Good at sports. "I like the outdoors."
[ ]Smart, with books as your friends. "It's quiet on the library or your bedroom."
[ ]A prankster. "Stop pretending I don't exist damn it!"
[ ]Sociable. "At least I have friends outside my house."
[ ]Write in.

But not everything is pain and suffering on your relatives house. Though they generally dislike you, you also learned a thing or two from them that you will that with you to your grave, however you may be misguided or mistaken on their true motives.

Taught you to value:
[ ]Duty. "They hate me, yet take care of me. I'm not happy but I'm healthy, I never had toys but they never sabotaged my education."
[ ]Work ethics. "Everybody is expected to work, not even their son can slack."
[ ]Friendship. "The few friends I have I will treasure forever, for they are rare and precious to me."
[ ]Furtiveness. "Be discreet, don't get caught, don't cause a ruckus."
[ ]Write in.

And you are even on a semi-friendly terms with one of your relatives, for any given value of friendly.

With your...
[ ]Aunt Petunia. "She taught me how to clean, cook and the history of her family. Some times gives me a look I swear is pride."
[ ]Uncle Vernon. "Drive me to various places, shows me things. Cinema, theater, museums, stadiums, and there we talk more calmly."
[ ]Cousin Dudley. "My real first friend. Once I called him 'big brother' and he didn't mind."
[ ]Write in.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Oh god yes. Smart, Duty, With the Tohsakas.

I3uster
January 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
A prankster, furtiveness, with the Tohsakas.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Edit: You know what? If someone else asked the Tohsakas, you will know the Tohsakas!

lethum
January 20th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Write in . [A geek. "I memorized the incantations for at least 20 different spells. From Manga."], Write in [Professionalism. "They don't like me, but they did what they could, because they should."], Write in [Yuno Gasai. "She is my precious friend, the one closest to my heart."]

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM
A prankster, duty, with Dudley.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I'll vote for Smart, Duty, With the Tohsakas.

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Why smart? It's the most boring option! Come on, choose prankster! He'll be like Fred and George! Y'know, some of the only bros in the HPverse?

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Smart, friendship and the Tohsakas.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Why smart? It's the most boring option! Come on, choose prankster! He'll be like Fred and George! Y'know, some of the only bros in the HPverse?Because we don't need to be a prankster to be a bro and trying to take a bro's spotlight isn't being a bro? Also intelligence is very useful with learning the majority of the HPverse magic.

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Being smart means more chance of thinking of ways to kill certain worm-monsters and save a certain purple-haired girl....

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah, but smart is boring! I like Shirou not because he's smart but because he's brave or something like that!

And OH GOD MIKE PLEASE DON'T SAKURA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HARRY POTTER PLEASE DON'T DO IT

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Well, I'd call Voldemort more of a snake, but sure, worm works.

Neir
January 20th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah, but smart is boring! I like Shirou not because he's smart but because he's brave or something like that!

And OH GOD MIKE PLEASE DON'T SAKURA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HARRY POTTER PLEASE DON'T DO IT

What are you saying? Of COURSE she does. :3c

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
[X]Duty.

They might even hate you, but that didn't stopped them from doing what was necessary to the best of their abilities. What once you resented from them, now is admiration. To keep with one's duties even when that's the last thing you want, and you will never forget that.

[X]Write in: Tohsakas

You meet the Tohsakas at first in London, when you were visiting some of your mother's sister family. Your great-grandfather, Vincent Evans, was a fairly successful shipping company owner before World War II, often traveling to Japan were he had various business partners, eventually having an affair and having a child there. Your grandfather tried to talk with his half-brother with some success after the war, but with his family business ruined due to attacks from the Axis they couldn't do more than send letters to each other. Ralph Evans had two daughters, Lilly and Petunia, while 遠坂 一七実/ Tohsaka Inami had a son named 遠坂時臣/Tohsaka Tokiomi.

Lily had Harry while Petunia had Dudley, on the other hand Tokiomi had 遠坂 凛/Tohsaka Rin and 遠坂 桜/Tohsaka Sakura, a pair of identical twins.

The two families found each other more or less on accident at business on London, and you quickly took a liking to this family. Their kids are still very young, five years to your eleven (next week), but somehow you three became inseparable. It didn't help that Rin was very advanced for her age, and Sakura was utterly adorable even you forgot that boys aren't supposed to like cute things/people.

Though the through beating you got at chess meant she was at least as advanced as her twin sister.

Edit: I'm going for Child Care is War for the twins here. So what? Sue me.

Edit2: This is a crossover people, remember that.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 02:08 PM
...oh, entire issue avoided. Sly, who, sly.

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM
So you're related. And they're 5 years old.

:D

No incest! No pedo! It's ya birthday! No romance!

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 02:12 PM
We never see much of Lily/Petunia family, it's all Potter Potter Potter and Magic Magic Magic. Terrible parenting aside, Harry never bothered to know more about his grandparents on either side.

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
>Avvie

WHAT IS A MAN!?

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
A glorious stack of unwritten crossovers!

But enough talk! Choose already!

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, but smart is boring! I like Shirou not because he's smart but because he's brave or something like that!

And OH GOD MIKE PLEASE DON'T SAKURA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HARRY POTTER PLEASE DON'T DO IT

I recall seeing a "Nasuverse" in the title, and she certainly has something to do with that.


[X]Write in: Tohsakas

You meet the Tohsakas at first in London, when you were visiting some of your mother's sister family. Your great-grandfather, Vincent Evans, was a fairly successful shipping company owner before World War II, often traveling to Japan were he had various business partners, eventually having an affair and having a child there. Your grandfather tried to talk with his half-brother with some success after the war, but with his family business ruined due to attacks from the Axis they couldn't do more than send letters to each other. Ralph Evans had two daughters, Lilly and Petunia, while 遠坂 一七実/ Tohsaka Inami had a son named 遠坂時臣/Tohsaka Tokiomi.

I like it....


Lily had Harry while Petunia had Dudley, on the other hand Tokiomi had 遠坂 凛/Tohsaka Rin and 遠坂 桜/Tohsaka Sakura, a pair of identical twins.

Erm, they're not identical and nor are they twins. Other than that this is good, though.


The two families found each other more or less on accident at business on London, and you quickly took a liking to this family. Their kids are still very young, five years to your eleven (next week), but somehow you three became inseparable. It didn't help that Rin was very advanced for her age, and Sakura was utterly adorable even you forgot that boys aren't supposed to like cute things/people.

Aww....


Though the through beating you got at chess meant she was at least as advanced as her twin sister.

Lol, nice.


Edit: I'm going for Child Care is War for the twins here. So what? Sue me.

I have no problem with this....

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
[X]Smart.

When not doing chores or running errands, you keep yourself occupied in your room reading and studying, sometimes tutoring Dudley even if he was one year ahead of you. You took liking to fiction works, some of them fantasy, others sci-fi, classics and sappy romance novels. The Iliad, Odyssey, Lusíadas (Odyssey, Portuguese casting), Shakespeare, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass (which to your surprise made you discover the author was a mathematician, and you wondered not for the first time how come he came up with all that crazy), among many others.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 02:39 PM
One day when visiting the twins on their summer house near the beach, you approach a certain room. This room had an air of unnaturalness on it, and you had the faint feeling that you should be somewhere else, but so faint you easily ignore. As your natural eleven year old boy curiosity kicks in, you comes near the door and hear voices inside.

You...
[ ]Take a peek.
[ ]Ask if you can enter.
[ ]... try to ignore?
[ ]Write In.

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Take a peek.

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Take a peek! Harry is a rude and brash boy who doesn't know politeness from Madagascar!

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
TAKE A PEEK INTO THE ABYSS, AND IT WILL STARE BACK AT YOU

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
You...
[ ]Take a peek.
[X]Ask if you can enter.
[ ]... try to ignore?
[ ]Write In.

It's the duty of older relatives to be good examples for the younger ones and the duty to be a polite guest so as not to bring shame upon the family that took you in even when they didn't want to.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Ask, we don't want to die.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Ask, we don't want to die.or annoy our relatives and/or whoever the third party may be.

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I think we're safe here, to be honest. There's no way Rin and Sakura would let their friend be killed....

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I think we're safe here, to be honest. There's no way Rin and Sakura would let their friend be killed....First off if it's serious enough to possibly kill Harry they won't get a say in it and will only influence it through their reaction to his death but more importantly do we really want to follow canon Harry's personality? Also this could very well be one of the canon character's first impression of us so why make it a bad one?

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that Tokiomi wouldn't kill his daughter's friend in front of them. He might not be the best father ever, but he does care for their well-being, and that would upset them seriously. Plus, mind-wiping is always a possibility, and there's no reason for Tokiomi not to do that if he feels that Harry does need to forget what he's seen.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Oh, I meant they were going to murder us for walking in on their loli incest yuri.

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Lol, I see....

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Oh, I meant they were going to murder us for walking in on their loli incest yuri.Oh I was putting this under the polite guest portion of my argument but yea unintentionally peaking would potentially damage Harry's relationship with the sisters.

lethum
January 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM
[ ]Take a peek.
[X]Ask if you can enter.
[ ]... try to ignore?
[ ]Write In.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 03:54 PM
[X]Take a peek.

You try to open silently, and you apparently succeeds. Inside you see Rin in the middle of a circle with a bar of metal in front of her, and she is faintly whispering something. Soon enough, you see that her hands starts to emit a faint glow while she struggles to keep her chant. You're not sure of what is going on, but she appeared to be in pain, but before you could stop her from hurting herself more, she completed her chant with a yell.

Änderung!!!

The metal bar started to twist in itself but unusually silent, if one dismiss the whole event as unnatural, until it became a small bust of her father.

"Good work Rin, but you need to concentrate more in order to bring up all the necessary details while your circuits are open." He then turned to you. "Why don't you step in, Mr Potter, since you already saw something you shouldn't have?" He asked in his naturally calm tone, but there was a hint of seriousness that scared you. It didn't help that Rin stiffened completely over her father's words.

"Sorry! I didn't meant to..."

"Come here. Now." He commanded, and any and all thoughts about escaping fled you.

Once in front of him, he gave you a disapproving look before letting out a sigh. "I suppose it was too much to ask for you to stay away from this room, Mr. Potter. The heavens know how much a kid can get curious", he spares a glance at Rin who blushes and look away at the reminding, "but that was the only thing I asked of you when you came to this house."

It was true. There was even a plate he broke once but he just got a reminder to be more careful next time.

"By all rights, I should kill you right now."

Both you and Rin froze at the word.

Kill

You don't know what is worse, the fact that you got threatened with your life by one of your semi-distant relative, the closest thing of friends you ever will get, the fact that Rin apparently know what 'Kill' means in more than an intellectual sense, or the fact that after pausing for a few moments she didn't protested.

"But that would upset both my Heir and her sister, and I don't believe that will prove beneficial to her training."

You are relieved for that, thought the reasons for that are still more than enough terrifying.

"So instead I will simply erase your memories, you will forget we exist, and we will never interact with each other again."

You can see Rin is to the brink of tears, but is holding back while biting her lower lip, giving the faint image she is pouting about something trivial, like stealing the last cookie from the jar, if it weren't for the fact she is biting almost to the point of drawing blood and dispelling that innocent image.

"I can, however, offer you another option."

He walks to a table on the room, and you finally see how it is arranged. In the wooden floor there is a circle made of chalk with various inscriptions, with some stacks of books scattered everywhere. On the table there are more books with a single vial of some strange blood-red liquid.

"You can also drink this, Mr. Potter. If you have what it takes, I shall offer to teach you a few things about what you saw today. If you don't have, you die."

"Choose, Mr. Potter. Drink it and risk your life or forget this day, us, my daughters and our encounter ever happened."

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Drink that shit

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but when I was posting Take a Peek had one more vote.

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Drink it.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Drink it.

EnigmaticFellow
January 20th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I guess I'll join in on the fun as well

Chug that drink Harry!

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Knock that bitch over, it's too dangerous.

lethum
January 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM
It's dangerous to go alone. Take the potion, throw/spit it on his face and run!

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM
"I don't want to forget them. You were... you were the first people that were ever nice to me! I don't care what it takes. I'll keep these happy memories in my heart forever!"

Drink it.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Forgot to mention there was an option to stall but, oh well...

_________________________

You take the vial from him, and take a good look. It is blood-red, odorless but have a more firm consistency.

You weight your options in your head.

On one hand, there is a credible chance of you just dying right now, right there. The fact that he apparently had that in advance means this meeting wasn't as accidental as Tokiomi implied to be, almost as if he was waiting for you to come and spy on them. However he looks serious enough that your survival must come by your own merit.

On the other, you could say no, and you will forget everything about the existence of the Tohsakas. You doubt your mother sister will ever mention them again in front of you, if ever.

Calling on his bullshit (one of the things your mother sister and her husband taught you indirectly was how to properly swear) in this case a notion that oddly enough was the most ridiculous of the other options.

So, you do the most logical thing: you drink it in a single go. It wasn't a hard decision for your eleven year old self, that even with your slightly better understanding of death you are still affected by the problem all children, sans few exceptions, face every day: you still believe in your supposed immortality.

The fact that there is a change of dying means it isn't assured, meaning it won't happen to you.

Many parents disagree with that, with empirical evidence to the contrary, but to be fair most of their kids died before reaching the 'misguided belief in their immortality' bit and stopped at 'what is that thing, is it yummy' phase.

That was a notion that is about to be beaten out of you in the most brutal manner.





















Hurt hurt HURT HURT HURT Blood dIE eat FREAk DRINK bLLod PAIN Pain hURT HuRt hurt HURT BLOOD DIE KILL KILL Freak FREAK FREAK DIE HURT

Hurt hurt HURT HURT HURT Blood dIE eat FREAk DRINK bLLod PAIN HURT PAIN bLLod Blood HURT hurt HURT PAIN HURT HURT HURT HURT PAIN bLLod Blood HURT hurt HURT BLOOD DIE KILL hurt HURT BLOOD DIE KILL hURT HuRt hurt HURT BLOOD DIE HURT HURT HURT It HURT was Blood the Blood dIE most excruciating pain you ever felt KILL Freak FREAK before. As if Hurt hurt Hurt hurt all of your nerves FREAk PAIN PAIN PAIN PAIN are trying to fry, a burning sensation PAIN PAIN that passed through DIE HURT DIE HURT your head and your spine reminding hURT HuRt hurt HURT HURT HURT Blood dIE eat you of the time bLLod you burned FREAk DRINK your hand, BLOOD DIE KILL KILL Freak except many times hurt HURT HURT HURT Blood dIE eat worse and in every part of your body, Hurt hurt HURT HURT HURT Blood dIE eat FREAk DRINK bLLod PAIN inside or hURT HuRt hurt HURT BLOOD DIE KILL KILL Freak FREAK FREAK DIE HURT outside. HURT PAINHURT HURT HURT HURT PAIN bLLod Blood HURT hurt HURT BLOOD DIE KILL hurt HURT BLOOD DIE KILL hURT HuRt hurt HURT BLOOD DIE KILL KILL Freak FREAK FREAK DIE HURT Hurt hurt HURT HURT HURT Blood dIE eat FREAk DRINK bLLod PAIN HURT PAIN bLLod Blood HURT hurt KILL KILL Freak FREAK FREAK DIE HURT





















You blink once. Then twice.

You're alive, healthy. Not even a single drop of blood on you or your clothes, though you feel oddly warm before a hand rests on your sholder.

"Congratulations, Mr. Potter. You're a Magus."

[ ]What just happened?
[ ]What is a Magus?
[ ]I feel sick...
[ ]I need a drink.
[ ]I need an Scotch.
[ ]Write in.

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
[X] What is a Magus?

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
[X]What is a Magus?

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I need a Scotch.

You don't know what that is, by you often hear Vernon say it after a hard day's work or when you annoy him too much. One time you asked him about it, he said it was an adult happy drink made everything better. You don't know what that is, but you really, really, could use one.

lethum
January 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
[X] I need Rum and Raisin Ice cream

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
What just happened?

lethum
January 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Opening your circuits is a very painful process.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Scotch.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Using alcohol to numb the pain is a rather stupid thing to do because it won't help you deal with the pain that using your circuits causes while enduring the pain of your newly opened will make the pain caused by normal circuit use easier to ignore.

Also why would Harry get drunk when he has just entered a new world full of possibilities?

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Because it's funny, and he could be thinking weirdly enough to believe it a good idea. Besides, I think Tokiomi, as a fellow appreciator of alcohol, would understand.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Because it's funny, and he could be thinking weirdly enough to believe it a good idea. Besides, I think Tokiomi, as a fellow appreciator of alcohol, would understand.He is clearly cognitive enough to respond coherently and considering Tokiomi called him "Mr. Potter" it just seems to be a rather jarring choice of action considering the scene's atmosphere.

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
So... between the boring old vanilla option that we're certainly going to get to anyway, and the exciting new option that looks like it might be interesting to read, you chose the safe, boring, bland one. I see how it is.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 07:16 PM
[X]Scotch REAL drink first...

"I need a Scotch." You say out of blue.

"None of that," you faintly hear Tokiomi while being escorted to somewhere, and when you look up for the first time since knowing him, you see Tokiomi frowning at anything. "No child in my house will touch that foul liquid while I'm still alive."

You are faintly aware that you are on the kitchen, and that Sakura came running to see what happened and have been following you ever since, and that Aoi, Tokiomi's wife, started to prepare some tea for you.

"Drink this, slowly. It will remove the bad taste in your mouth." It was Tokiomi again, with a glass of something red, this time with a faint smell of alcohol and having a more liquid consistency.

You made a great effort to drink it, since it burned your throat when it passed, and it had a strong taste of alcohol with something you're not sure. Grape favored leather, or was that the other way around? Either way, it helped to clean that leftover bad taste in your mouth and if you never tasted that vile thing never again it will be too soon.

You're also aware that Aoi made a resigned sigh, as if giving alcoholic beverage to under aged kids was a greater offense than trying to poison them to death. You notice that Sakura took the tea from Aoi and though still concerned about your well being, she is sipping the drink and letting out a sigh of contentment, while Rin after making sure you are still alive also sipped some of your denied tea, who apparently is good enough to make Rin forget all the ruckus from before.

'Tokiomi you bastard'.

[X]... then the question: What is a magus.

"Magus are those who walk with death." He says in a grave tone before sipping more on his own wine. "There are many meanings for the word, some of them describe us as fortune tellers, illusionists or even astronomers, but that is merely taking the tree as the forest. To be a magus is to practice Thaumaturgy (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Thaumaturgy) or Magecraft, the ability to reproduce what can be scientifically realized regardless of time and funds."

"There are three main rules to Thaumaturgy: Equivalent Exchange, in order to create something, another object must be given as a price; Reenactment the basis behind Thaumaturgical Theory is to reenact the miracles, the supernatural phenomena; Thaumaturgical Theories a body of preestablished rules, fomented per the faith of the populace;"

"The last one gives us the different types of magic systems. More or less why in one country you say 'abracadabra' to take a white bunny from a top hat while in another you must say 'hocus pocus'".

Apparently after drinking at least four tall glasses of Port Wine his eloquence and methaphors start getting weirder, and after five tall glasses of the same wine for you (it was a really bad taste) he starts to make sense.

Rin and Sakura are also holding some parchment (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111018161143/typemoon/images/b/b1/Prana.jpg) with more instructions for you while calling 'niisan niisan' over and over, but you will try it later. Where is that bottle?



Almost a day later, and a potion to cure hangover later (called 'can of beer'), Tokiomi is explaining more of Magecraft (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Magecraft) to you, and decided to take you as an apprentice.

And by that he meant that you had no choice in the matter.

"I have a few things to tell you. Some bad, some good, and some merely informative that you need to take it as you will. What do you want to hear first?"

[ ]Information.
[ ]Good news.
[ ]Bad news.
[ ]Can you tell me later?
[ ]Write in.

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Bad news.

Laith
January 20th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Oh hey this in an interesting thing.

Bad News first.

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Information.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Bad News first please.

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Bad ones

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Tokiomi is a true wine fan. A gentleman to the core. BEST DAD EVER.

Anyway, Harry is a tough kid. Bad news first.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM
[X]Bad News

Isn't that your life, a never ending chain of bad news?

... well, not really, but you are felling bitchy today with the hangover. Why he didn't made up a spell for curing hangover you will never know.

"You are being possessed." He says in a flat tone.

"... what?"

"Well, more likely, you have a piece of soul stuck into you with the equivalent of magical glue." He says while examining the scar in your forehead, and you can also smell some alcohol in his breath. "This is a rune called Sowilo, the rune of Sun and Glory. Probably the ritual used to bind some kind of evil spirit inside you, though for what purpose I can't tell."

"Someone did this to me? But, none of my relatives can use magic! They even become angry each time that world is spoken in the house, unless..."

Your parents. On one hand there is the family from your mother side that is related to the Tohsakas, and in theory they could use magic if you try hard enough, but there are also you father family who is a complete unknown. But why would they do that to you if they can use m-magecraft, you correct yourself mid thought.

"Maybe my parents could perform magecraft, but why do it?"

"I'm not sure. What you have is a Taboo for the Mage Association in London, but more like nobody believes it can do you any good. The soul is mostly inviolable, but not indestructible. Damages to it will likely turn you into less than a human, alongside with memory problems and loss of magical power since both memories and magic circuits are stored in your soul."

He traced a bit your scar, and you felt a tinging sensation in your head, and later a burning sensation causing your hangover to worsen.

"Whatever bound this soul with you also prevents further damage for now, but the protection will fade with time. Unless you learn how to defend yourself it might try to possess you and take over your body in a few years. I will need help in this case."

[ ]Good News
[ ]Information.
[ ]More later.
[ ]Write in.

lethum
January 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM
A joke then the good news. Then the information. And finally more later.

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Good news now

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I'll second hearing the good news next.

Laith
January 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM
A joke.

Let's lighten the mood.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 08:40 PM
[X]A joke

"So... I'm possessed like in The Exorcist? Will there be a priest? Can I talk in demonic voice?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"... it was supposed to be a joke."

"The brand of priests that I know perform exorcism by ramming four feet of holy metal in your insides."

"..."

Joke Fail.

[X]Good News

"And what are the good news?"

"Since you became my apprentice, I can teach you the basics in general magecraft", he took a look at your body, "maybe even teach you some martial arts".

And he gave you a grin that you didn't exactly liked. "And I really need a guine pi... lab assistant."

"Mr. Tohsaka, you corrected your slip of tongue way too late."

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"There is something else you must know", he says in back in a serious tone. "The piece of soul bound to you will grant you some form of limited immortality if my theory is correct, a form of extra life if you will, so you have a good ace up your sleeve when you are facing something too dangerous, and you will face something too dangerous in the future, such is the path of a magus. On a similar note, the other part of the soul is currently enjoying some form of limited immortality, and only by detaching the piece in yourself you can even hope to kill the evil spirit permanently."

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Big spoiler there

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Oh yes, warning, Snape kills Obi-Wan, Frodo's uncle.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Want another spoiler? Jesus dies in Passion of Christ.

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 08:49 PM
How to learn?
[ ]High Theory, Low Practice;
[ ]Low Theory, High Practice;
[ ]Mix of both in equal terms;

What to learn more?
[ ]Myself (elements, origin, general talent, etc);
[ ]Gradation Air;
[ ]Reinforcement/Alteration;
[ ]General Utility Spells (Hypnosis, Suggestions);
[ ]Write in;

"Remember Mr. Potter: you must not reveal the existence of magecraft to anyone, understood?"

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 08:51 PM
[X] Low theory, high practice

[X] Myself

SeiKeo
January 20th, 2012, 08:54 PM
[X] Low theory, high practice

[X] Myself

.

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 08:58 PM
[X] Low theory, high practice

[X] Myself

This.

lethum
January 20th, 2012, 09:02 PM
[ ]High Theory, Low Practice;
[ ]Low Theory, High Practice;
[X]Mix of both in equal terms;

[ ]Myself (elements, origin, general talent, etc);
[ ]Gradation Air;
[ ]Reinforcement/Alteration;
[ ]General Utility Spells (Hypnosis, Suggestions);
[X]Write in (Alchemy! Antimatter rounds for the win!)

Laith
January 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM
[X] Low theory, high practice

[X] Myself

Yeah this sounds good.

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 09:12 PM
[X] Low theory, high practice

[X] MyselfThis.

deviatesfish
January 20th, 2012, 09:33 PM
[X] Reveal magecraft on tv

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I'll go with "mix of both" and "myself".

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 10:12 PM
[X]Low theory, high practice.

You decide to do a more hands on approach in learning magecraft. According to Rin and Sakura, you are way behind in magecraft instruction so trying to eat away that much theory will drive you crazy, even if you do like to read. But on the other hand, it's magic magecraft!

[X]Myself.

You see two bottles in front of you. One have a blue liquid of unknown origin, the other is your already know bottle of Port Wine. Apparently it will be your best friend for now on.

"Cut your hand and put some of your blood in this vial, and we will see your number of magic circuits (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_circuits), elemental affinity (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Elements), and what else we can find."

You put some blood, and then your new master pour it into some strange parchment full of incoherent drawings and word-like scribbles.

"Hm... your natural affinity is Fire, while you have 'crest based' affinity for all five. That gives you a powerful affinity for Fire and the standard affinity for Earth, Wind, Water and Ether. Due to the possession nature you developed some unusual natural affinity for The Sixth Theoretical Element, and the nature of the binding grants you an extra strong affinity to Holy element, if only temporary. By the way, you can also talk with snakes."

"Wow."

"Yes. 'Wow' is how I would describe your situation. On the other hand unless you practice really hard how to use all your elements, when we finally get rid of that piece of soul from you, all those extra affinities might be lost. Except the Innate Snake Tongue Blessing, which you will need to learn the hard way again either way."

"You also have twenty five magic circuits, all of them with good potential, discounting the nearly fifty five circuits with good quality from your 'crest'... hmmm I maybe we can get this to work to our favor later..."

"As for your Origin... sorry, it is muddled. The soul with you is giving interference, and due to it's damaged nature I can't even read what it is this, but at least now we know it is human in origin."

You practice how to open your magic circuits, and for that you learn to medidate. You also starts to learn Kempo and while trying a more 'practical' approach, you ask for a lot of spars and despite you being older and bigger, you get your ass kicked by both Tohsaka sisters very soundly. So what they used a bit of magecraft to be up to your level in physical strength? Your male ego is now sulking in the shadows.

You also starts to learn how to 'feel' the elements, something you don't need the circuits active, and give you some better insight on what they are and how to hypothetically use them. At least it feels more 'real' than simply reading about them.

On the last day on Tokiomi's house you finally finds out how to open your circuits by using the mental image of...

[ ]Blinding Green Light
[ ]Woman Scream
[ ]That awful sensation with the potion
[ ]Glass Breaking
[ ]Having your bones breaking
[ ]Write in.

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 10:15 PM
[X] EXPLOSIONS

Lycodrake
January 20th, 2012, 10:31 PM
[X]A certain drunk DAA
[X]Glass Breaking

whosaidthat
January 20th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I will post this part since it is more or less independent from the other. Just don't forget it.

When you get back at your mother sister home, you find them with a strained smile greeting the Tohsakas.

"We couldn't contact you all this time." Said her husband.

"Sorry, but we don't really have telephones back in my summer house, in order to forget about work, you understand?"

With a few more parting words Tokiomi and Aoi leaves, and your relatives tell you to go to your room without dinner. Strange, you think, but after taking one hit too many from Sakura out of all people in the stomach (Rin usually favors your head) you don't believe you can keep anything down.

That was when, at exact midnight, a loud sound of fist meeting door echoed around the house. After a full minute of it, and going there to take a look, you find the door have fallen, and a very large man is standing in front of you and your relatives.

"Happy Birthday Harry!" You had forgot that today was your birthday, but then again you weren't supposed to mind that for another six hours at least.

You are faintly aware of a cake, some sausages being made on the (unused, gas fueled) fireplace alongside with soup, some yelling of indignation.

But the worst part was what he said earlier.

" 'Yer a Wizard, Harry!"

Who was this guy that shouted his magical ability for the whole world to hear? Apparently Petunia knew, and her Husband too.

No wonder he had looks that wanted to kill the you but never dared. He was scared senseless of what you could do to him. Hell, you are scared of what you can (in theory) do to him.

[ ]Play along. Pretend everything is new and magical
[ ]Confront him on the idiocy of yelling his heritage to the neighboorhood
[ ]Just watch everything unfold.
[ ]Write in.

Erlkonig
January 20th, 2012, 10:38 PM
[ ]Confront him on the idiocy of yelling his heritage to the neighboorhood

Mike1984
January 20th, 2012, 11:19 PM
"Glass breaking" and "play along".

Yun
January 20th, 2012, 11:22 PM
[X]Glass Breaking
[X]Politely confront him on the idiocy of yelling his heritage to the neighboorhood

Laith
January 20th, 2012, 11:39 PM
[X]Just watch everything unfold.

Bloble
January 20th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Confront him, but at least try to be polite about it. Offer him some wine or something. Maybe suggest he erase some memories up in this joint.

SeiKeo
January 21st, 2012, 12:12 AM
Bones breaking, play along.

Satehi
January 21st, 2012, 12:38 AM
[X] Fap fap fap fap

Second is what Bloble said.

lethum
January 21st, 2012, 01:02 AM
[X] Explosions!

[X] Politely inform him that I found out.

whosaidthat
January 21st, 2012, 01:43 AM
[X]Glass Breaking

You faintly remember that after drinking that awful piece of HELL, you let go of the glass vial. The very moment when you regained himself was when you heard the breaking of glass, giving you new clarity and insight.

You can now open two circuits at will since your body isn't adapted enough for you yet for the rest. Apparently there was one circuit always active just doing 'background' work. You could probably open and close it at will later, but this one proves to be more difficult than others to manipulate, maybe later you will have more success. That's why you rarely got sick and strange things happened around you when in times of distress, and why you always had 'fever' even while being completely healthy.

Circuits Open: 1+2/25 (0/55)
Quality: 6
Maximum output: 18 prana
Od avaiable: 25 prana

[X]Confront him, but be polite.

You take a look at the dirt stained boots the giant of a man have, creating large footprints with dried mud on your mother's sister carpet. Since you will need to clean all of it anyway later, might as well make it take one for the team. You drag away the man to one corner of the room and makes him kneel in order to hear your whispers.

"What are you doing? Shouting my heritage to everyone to hear? What about the neighbors?"

" Harry, boy... You don't need to hide anything about who you are in your own house! They should have already told you..."

"Of course they should!" You interrupt him harshly but still quietly. "But then what? If I tried something without help I could kill myself! They can't use magic, so they couldn't even know what was wrong with me. They had to choose between trusting a child in possession of a very powerful and lethal toy to not kill himself or the neighbors by accident!"

"Now Harry, don't be so dramatic! Even if you are very powerful himself I doubt you could do something as drastic as to k..." he whispers even more faintly than before, this time his pathetic attempts at whispering really making fruit, "kill someone, Harry."

"Besides!" Now he almost yells at your ear. "There are teams to take care of things if your accidental magic let things out. It's one of the few things you can count on the ministry."

Ministry? Do the Magi have connections with the official government?

"Oh yes, before I forget, take your letter Harry."

You open the letter, addressed to you on your room, from Hogwarts, Wizardry and Witchcraft, from a certain Albus way-too-many-titles Dumbledore.

[X]Starts to play along. Something's fishy here

"Were I can get my materials Mr. ..."

"Just call me Hagrid."

"... Hagrid. I have no idea of were to start."

"Don't worry Harry. I will take you to Diagon Alley later to buy your things."

Eighty hours, forty six minutes later, you are looking at the Diagon Alley proper. Hm... Tokiomi-sensei never told you about an actual community of magi with weird cloth taste...

After learning you are loaded and getting some gold (and silver, and bronze) it's time to hit the shops. You will...

[ ]Look at the books, books BOOKS!
[ ]I want my third party generic Mystic Code!
[ ]Familiar for sale!
[ ]Do you sell X-Potion?
[ ]Write in.

Yun
January 21st, 2012, 02:05 AM
[X]Look at the books, books BOOKS!
Edit
Specifically looking for one about the history of the Wizard world and books on how the Wizard's preform their magecraft.

lethum
January 21st, 2012, 02:12 AM
[ ]Look at the books, books BOOKS!
[x]I want my third party generic Mystic Code!
[ ]Familiar for sale!
[ ]Do you sell X-Potion?

Bloble
January 21st, 2012, 03:05 AM
I hate to say it, but books is probably IC for him considering how you all went directly for SMART.

lethum
January 21st, 2012, 03:10 AM
He could be intuitive smart, not just book smart, but...

RacingeR
January 21st, 2012, 03:43 AM
[x]I want my third party generic Mystic Code!

Spinach
January 21st, 2012, 03:44 AM
[x]Look at the books, books BOOKS!

Mike1984
January 21st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Look at the books.

Laith
January 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Books.

Lycodrake
January 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM
[X] BOOKS.

whosaidthat
January 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
[X]Books

You find the bookstore, and soon enough you find your school books. Hagrid wants to go already, but you just have to stay a little bit more. You take a few books on magical theory and history, and find even more information about this "Boy-Who-Lived". Funny how you and this guy are the same but you two are so different in the few pages you looked through. Interesting enough, they all assume everyone practices one form of magecraft, but doesn't that weaken the craft? Then why they can do such great things so casually?

Make a wishlist of your books. What subjects you want?

Once you come up to some book on curses, Hagrid have to almost beat it from you physically.

"Harry, this isn't for you. Only those snakes Slytherins want this kind of thing."

[X]What is a Slytherin?
[X]My Money, My Book. If it were dangerous it wouldn't be easy to reach for a kid anyway.
[X]Why it is so bad?
[X]What's so wrong with snakes?
[X]All right, I understand. (remember the book name and order it by mail later)
[X]All right, I understand. (don't order by mail alter)
[X]Write In.

Mike1984
January 21st, 2012, 11:54 AM
Why's it so bad?

Spinach
January 21st, 2012, 11:54 AM
[X]My Money, My Book. If it were dangerous it wouldn't be easy to reach for a kid anyway.

Bloble
January 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM
What's so bad about snakes? I think they're kinda cool!

Lycodrake
January 21st, 2012, 12:21 PM
[X]What's so wrong with snakes?

SeiKeo
January 21st, 2012, 01:35 PM
Put that book down and leave it there, so dangerous.

Xamusel
January 21st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Alright, I understand (remember the name of the book and order it by post later).

In all honesty, where do you think the term Post Office came from? It's British! You can even ask Mike!

Bloble
January 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM
^ Lying is bad, Xam.

Yun
January 21st, 2012, 02:17 PM
[X]What's so wrong with snakes?

Xamusel
January 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM
@Bloble: What do you mean? I was hoping that it would give Harry a chance to learn more, because he's SMART, for crying out loud!

Bloble
January 21st, 2012, 02:28 PM
@Bloble: What do you mean? I was hoping that it would give Harry a chance to learn more, because he's SMART, for crying out loud!

You're telling Hagrid that you understand and won't buy it, then going around his back and doing it anyway. I don't care about chances to learn more, but lying like that is just bad.

Xamusel
January 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
...Okay, is it a bit late to change my answer, Whosaidthat?

whosaidthat
January 21st, 2012, 02:59 PM
I wait until consensus is reached.

Erlkonig
January 21st, 2012, 03:00 PM
[X]My Money, My Book. If it were dangerous it wouldn't be easy to reach for a kid anyway.

Xamusel
January 21st, 2012, 03:00 PM
Okay, change my vote to whatever the top one is, as I don't recall it at the current time.

Mike1984
January 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM
You're telling Hagrid that you understand and won't buy it, then going around his back and doing it anyway. I don't care about chances to learn more, but lying like that is just bad.

No, it's not. Lying is sometimes absolutely necessary. Admittedly, lying to someone like Hagrid is a bit dubious, but it's better than totally losing his trust just for the sake of "honesty".

However, in this case I'd say that a far better approach would be to learn more about why he doesn't want you to do it, and to convince him otherwise. That satisfies both sides of the argument, and is a lot less dumb than making yourself look like a villain by just outright ignoring him or going behind Hagrid's back.

Xam: wouldn't asking why he doesn't want us to take the book be better? I don't think that it's relevant right now what a "Slytherin" is....

Xamusel
January 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hmm... good point, Mike, forgot that part.

Therefore, I'll go with Why is the book bad? What's wrong with taking it?​

whosaidthat
January 21st, 2012, 04:31 PM
Laith will decide the next course of action, or the next vote, whichever comes first.

Laith
January 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Well okay fine

[X]What's so wrong with snakes?

Xamusel
January 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM
...Where's whosaidthat when we need him to continue the story?

whosaidthat
January 21st, 2012, 10:10 PM
[X]What's wrong with snakes?


"Well, uhmm, there is nothing wrong with them of course. I'm just not a fan of the little buggers. Why don't I take this out of you and we go along?"

You can see Hagrid about to put the book on the highest shelf he can manage.

[ ]What is a Slytherin?
[ ]My Money, My Book. If it were dangerous it wouldn't be easy to reach for a kid anyway.
[ ]Why it is so bad?
[ ]All right, I understand. (remember the book name and order it by mail later)
[ ]All right, I understand. (don't order by mail alter)
[ ]Write In.

Spinach
January 21st, 2012, 10:25 PM
[x]My Money, My Book. If it were dangerous it wouldn't be easy to reach for a kid anyway.

lethum
January 21st, 2012, 10:38 PM
[X]Why it is so bad?

Erlkonig
January 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM
[x]My Money, My Book. If it were dangerous it wouldn't be easy to reach for a kid anyway.

Xamusel
January 21st, 2012, 11:42 PM
I'll go with what lethum said; Why is it so bad?​

Lycodrake
January 21st, 2012, 11:44 PM
[X]Why is it so bad?

Mike1984
January 22nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
Why's it so bad?

whosaidthat
January 22nd, 2012, 08:19 AM
[X]Why is it so bad?​

"Those are curses Harry, curses. It's not something an eleven year old boy should concern himself, and only Dark Wizards like to throw around curses, like those sneaky, wretched, bloody", he catches himself before he starts seriously cursing and hurting your poor, innocent and virginal ears, and he is leading you (more like dragging you) towards the balcony, "well, anyway, there is much to do today so let's get going, all right?"

He isn't using force, but even his 'gentle' is more than enough to hold you tight and drag you around like a ragdoll. You doubt you can stay on the library anymore.

If nobody makes the list of books, you only managed to buy outside the school books Hogwarts, A History.

[ ]I want my third party generic Mystic Code!
[ ]Familiar for sale!
[ ]Do you sell X-Potion?
[ ]Write in.

Erlkonig
January 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
[ ]Familiar for sale!

See? See? You guys asked questions and we ran out of time. Great job guys. No fun allowed, Spinach ;_;

Spinach
January 22nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
[x]Familiar for sale!


See? See? You guys asked questions and we ran out of time. Great job guys. No fun allowed, Spinach ;_;

; _ ;

whosaidthat
January 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
There is always the option to write in, you know? If I see that this thread have some success, I can wait more for the votes to come up, otherwise the updates will come quickly.

Lycodrake
January 22nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
[X]Familiar for sale!

Mike1984
January 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Familiar for sale.

Erl: well, if they hadn't asked such a dumb question the first time around we'd have probably been alright....

Yun
January 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
[X]Familiar for sale!

Usandru
January 22nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
It's an unknown system, so stock up on tons of theory. You can always derive practice from theory with some effort, but doing the opposite tends to be a lot harder.

Aside from that, historical books are valuable, especially dealing with something unknown. To minimize bias, make sure to check out books from different eras, authors and styles. If selection is limited, the newest books (with as different authors as possible) are the most useful since they also say something about the current society.

Some practical books on Transfiguration, Charms and Potions seem like the obviously useful choices from the POV of an apprentice Magus browsing titles here. Beasts would seem silly to someone believing Phantasmal Beasts have all but died out or retreated to secret locations split off from the world, and the three core things there have similarities to things in "conventional" Thaumaturgy.

Picking up something on this "Boy-who-lived" stuff might have pay-off later.

Finally, if it exists at all, something on current events or politics is always useful from a sociological or anthropological POV, and will be necessary if smooth insertion into this strange society is ever going to happen.

This enough of a wishlist?

whosaidthat
January 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Library Wish List!

Due to being kicked early from the book store, you only managed to get the most recommended reading, and not all of them.

Magical Theory; Hogwarts,The History; Numerology and Grammatica; Standard Book of Spells (two extra copies), A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration (one extra copy), Great Wizards of 20th century, Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts

You have the full catalog, however. You also found that "muggleborns" are somewhat commons, but couldn't find anything on society integration or anything close than that. The best you found in your limited time is a book for "muggle studies", with information outdated by at least fifty years since airplanes are "just being used for mass transit of muggles".

It takes from 24 to 48 hours to deliver in any part of the British Isles, and up to 72 hours + extra fee for international orders.

[X]Familiar for sale

In the pet shop you find various animals. There are a few toads trying to get some morning sun, owls locked in their cages and a cats taking naps. There are a few animals that catch your eye immediately. An almost pure white Snowy Owl, a large Orange Cat and the only Snake in the shop hidden behind a few cages. Hagrid will only give you one pet, but you might convince him to let you spend some of your money on another pet. However, your aunt is allergic to cats, and Dudley is scared of snakes since one time when he was playing in a park a false coral bite him and he thought it was a real one. On the other hand, a Snowy Owl isn't native to this country and will attract lots of attention when flying around.

[ ]The Owl.
[ ]The Cat.
[ ]The Snake.
[ ]... Toads?
[ ]Write in.

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Caaaats.

Lycodrake
January 25th, 2012, 01:50 PM
[X]The Cats.

Mike1984
January 25th, 2012, 02:12 PM
The cat. I'm sure Rin and Sakura would like to play with a pet :p

Laith
January 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM
OWL. Cats suck.

Spinach
January 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
[x] A dog.

lethum
January 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
[X] OWLS. They deliver Mail and doesn't afraid of anything.

Bloble
January 25th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I'm a cat guy, so cats.

Pros:
+intelligent
+claws
+fluffy
+HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
+can take care of Filch's cat so easier time sneaking around

Cons:
+claws
+can't use for mail

I dunno, cat seems like a good deal.

Oh, right, and you can either leave it with a friend over the summer or give it a collar with one of those disillusionment charms on it so Petunia doesn't find it.

Spinach
January 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Dog pros and cons

Pros:
Unflinching loyalty
Have you ever been bitten by a dog?
Fluffy
Bro
Can eat Filch's cat
Dogs aren't as dumb as you might think

Cons:
Big poop
Might chase cars like a retard
I EAT YOUR COUCH!!!!

whosaidthat
January 25th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Petunia is Alergic to cats but you don't know how much since you never saw a cat there.

Xamusel
January 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Okay, I vote Owl, we need HEDWIG (or however you spell that owl's name)!

whosaidthat
January 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Can I assume only about 5~6 voters watch this so I can post after that amount of replies, or do I need to wait more before each updates?

Xamusel
January 25th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'd say wait, whosaidthat, just so that things don't get forgotten about in the long run.

lethum
January 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Wait one hour, then close the voting.

whosaidthat
January 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
The Cat!.. but the Owl is also cute.

You take a look at the large orange cat, when the feline looks back to you.

"Nice choice", says what's-his-name the shop keeper, "he's a half-Kneazle, a type of magical cat that is both intelligent and can detect suspicious and untrustworthy persons as a general rule."

You can see the cat looks quite proud of it's description.

"Are you sure Harry?" Hagrid takes a look at the cat before sneezing once getting near the cats section. "I mean, a cat? Don't you want something else, like an Owl? Maybe that Snowy Owl?"

"Well", you say a bit shyly, "well, I liked him too but..."

[]Take the Cat.
[]The Owl is Better.
[]You get my Owl, I get my Cat.
[]Write In.

SeiKeo
January 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Caaaaaaaaaaaat.

Spinach
January 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
[x] Get a freakin' dog

Lycodrake
January 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Ah, come on, just Crookshanks?
Did you do that on purpose to force our vote or something? ;w;

whosaidthat
January 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I regreet nothing.

Xamusel
January 25th, 2012, 04:32 PM
You get my Owl, I get my Cat.

I'm hoping that Hagrid agrees with that, anyway.

Lycodrake
January 25th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I regreet nothing.
"Regreet"? Ah, okay...

[X]You get my owl, I get my cat.

Bloble
January 25th, 2012, 04:34 PM
[Write in]

"Sorry Hagrid, but... I've always been a bit weak to cats. When I see one I just want to cuddle it. And I feel really attached to this one, too. But... that snowy owl looks beautiful, and I know it would be useful for mail and stuff... It's just so hard to decide..."
*cue innocent look*
"C-can I get both?"

...What? He's a 10 year old child! Of course he's going to want both!

Xamusel
January 25th, 2012, 04:35 PM
...He just turned 11 a little while ago, Bloble, not 10.

whosaidthat
January 25th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Sorry for the extra "E" on regret. There was no real meaning to it, just a typo.

Bloble
January 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
...He just turned 11 a little while ago, Bloble, not 10.

Nitpick.

-3-

Xamusel
January 25th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah, yeah, sue me if you want.

Not like I have any money for you to do so.

whosaidthat
January 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM
[]You get my Owl, I get my Cat. Please?

"Sorry Hagrid, but... I've always been a bit weak to cats. When I see one I just want to cuddle it. And I feel really attached to this one, too. But... that snowy owl looks beautiful, and I know it would be useful for mail and stuff... It's just so hard to decide..."
*cue innocent look*
"C-can I get both?"

"Aww... sure thing lad. You don't even need to pay for it. It's your birthday present after all! Just don't let the little thing near me, all right? I can't stop sneezing when I'm near them."

You got Snowy Owl;
You got Half-Kneazle Cat.

[ ]I want my third party generic Mystic Code!
[ ]Do you sell X-Potion?
[ ]Write in.

Lycodrake
January 25th, 2012, 08:27 PM
...inb4 I suggest the cat to be a Len. XP

Xamusel
January 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Good idea, Lyco, he deserves Len.

Erlkonig
January 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Not necessarily Len, but the same type would be cool

Lycodrake
January 25th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Good idea, Lyco, he deserves Len.

Not necessarily Len, but the same type would be cool
Really glad you both like the idea...just hoping others do, too. ;w;

Laith
January 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
[X]I want my third party generic Mystic Code!

Xamusel
January 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM
[X] Check to see if they sell X-Potion and then, if they do, buy one hundred or so. If not, go for the Third Party Mystic Code, or do so after buying the X-Potion.

Just a suggestion...

Bloble
January 25th, 2012, 11:03 PM
X potion! We have to save the wand for last!

Xamusel
January 26th, 2012, 12:07 AM
...No idea why this isn't getting enough attention.

C'mon, people, POST HERE!!

Mike1984
January 26th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Mystic code.

lethum
January 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM
[X]I want my third party generic Mystic Code!

Xamusel
January 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
...Honestly, what's wrong with my suggestion, guys?

whosaidthat
January 26th, 2012, 04:25 PM
[]Second hand... I mean, third party mystic code!

"Mr. Potter! How long I have been waiting you to come", said the creepy wandmaker. He went on a tangent and described precisely your father, your mother, and even the giant's (now broken) wand to you. Either he is very dedicated to his craft or he needs to get laid.

You suspect it's both.

He gives you a wand and ask you to try it.

[]Wave around like a baboon MAGUS
[]Put some prana into it (thank the heavens that is ridiculously easy to do)
[]Put some prana into it and wave around like a baboon MAGUS
[]Write in.

Erlkonig
January 26th, 2012, 04:27 PM
[]Put some prana into it and wave around like a baboon MAGUS

Lycodrake
January 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM
[X]J-j-jam a small amount of prana into it and wave it around like a baboon MAGUS.:rin:

Yun
January 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM
[X]Put some prana into it (thank the heavens that is ridiculously easy to do)

Laith
January 26th, 2012, 04:36 PM
[X]Put some prana into it and wave around like a baboon MAGUS

Xamusel
January 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I'll go with Yun's option: Put some prana into it (thank the heavens that is ridiculously easy to do).​

Mike1984
January 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Put some prana into it (thank the heavens that is ridiculously easy to do).

Spinach
January 26th, 2012, 04:56 PM
[x] Snap that flimsy piece of shit in two and throw the broken remains at the wandmaker. Fuck that guy.

lethum
January 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
[]Put some prana into it and wave around like a baboon MAGUS


[X]J-j-jam a small amount of prana into it and wave it around like a baboon MAGUS.:rin:


[X]Put some prana into it and wave around like a baboon MAGUS

These guys share my opinion.


[x] Snap that flimsy piece of shit in two and throw the broken remains at the wandmaker. Fuck that guy.

Don't be so angry! Also, I don't think Ollivander is into little boys.

Bloble
January 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
[x] Ask if he's got anything cooler looking.

(Okay, put prana into it and wave it around)

Spinach
January 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Also, I don't think Ollivander is into little boys.

Damn.

whosaidthat
January 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Put some prana into it...

You take the little bit of prana running around you and try to direct it to the wand. It's more or less like reinforcement, but less refined. It should do nothing too damaging even with your terrible skill, but apparently the wand took away all the prana you put into it. Nothing happened, but you have a weird feeling coming from a wand. You don't know what to take of it.

Before you could wave it, he took the wand from your hand and gave you another. And another, and another, and various another before he even let you hold it for more than five seconds until he asked you to wave it around.

... wave it like a MAGUS!

You wave it with some prana on the wand, away from anyone in particular, when a large jet of fire stream goes around from it's tip.

It's awesome.

It's also taken away from you.

You keep trying until you find a wand made of Holly with Phoenix feather, and when you put some prana into it the wand starts to glow a golden light, and you hear a soft bird cry.

"Wonderful! I believe this wand will serve you well, Mr.Potter."

What else to do?
[]Can I get my flame... that other wand too?
[]Maintenance equipment?
[]Lore?
[]... discount?
[]a different wand?
[]write in.

Bloble
January 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Lore?

Harry's a bookish kid. He'd want to know the history behind wands themselves.

Lycodrake
January 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
[X]Lore.

Erlkonig
January 26th, 2012, 05:21 PM
[]Can I get my flame... that other wand too?

Zeranion
January 26th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Lore

Spinach
January 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
[x] If you don't give me that fire wand back I'm gonna burn your shop down tonight.

I won't rest until Harry is an asshole.

Mormarth
January 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM
[] We've got a wooden stick, TIME TO FIND SOME VAMPIRES GOGOGO

Mike1984
January 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Can I get that other wand too?

Laith
January 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM
[X]Lore.

SeiKeo
January 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Give us our boomstick.

whosaidthat
January 26th, 2012, 06:24 PM
[]Can I get my flame... that other wand too?

"Really? I don't think the wand really liked you or would work with you. If you really want a backup wand maybe something safer?"

"No. That's all right. I just want it for... emergencies the flammable kind, maybe even open it to see how it works?"

"Mr. Potter! You should never open a wand! It's not safe!"

"... maybe just for emergencies."

"If you insist..."

You acquired One Flame Throwing Wand.

[]Can you tell me a bit about wands?

"Of course! I'm glad that a young man such as yourself want to hear about wands."

He talks about wand wood (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Wand_wood) in general and about Holly (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Holly) wood in specific, with a bit of wand cores (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Wand_core) (with a small ranting on how the ministry wants to increase the price for wand cores)

"It's curious, since the core from your official wand came from the same phoenix that supplied another feather for the wand that gave you this scar", he said while trying to hold you and trace the scar on your forehead.

Yes, definitely creepy.

Later, the apothecary was rather uneventful, as was the rest of the trip for more menial things, like your school uniform. Nothing worth notice happened, neither you meet with interesting people.

Once going back you remembered that your aunt is really allergic to cats, so you left the little guy outside (name pending) and tried to clean yourself the best you could and put your clothes in the washing machine. They didn't like the owl too, and are worried about the animal rights group about owning a wild animal as a pet.

You somehow found out that the owl is a female, and is quite sensitive of it's color (pure white is more common in males). You...

[]Rest. Tomorrow is a big day.
[]Call the Tohsakas to come here NOW.
[]Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.
[]Write In.

Lycodrake
January 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM
[X]Call the Tohsakas to come here soon.

Laith
January 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
[X]Call the Tohsakas to come here NOW.

"I got a cat and an owl, they are awesome."

Lycodrake
January 26th, 2012, 06:30 PM
...I'm honestly a little disappointed that only two people liked the idea of the cat being like Len or something... ;w;

Erlkonig
January 26th, 2012, 06:37 PM
[]Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.

Spinach
January 26th, 2012, 06:41 PM
[x]Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.

Mike1984
January 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Call the Tohsakas and ask them to come here soon.

Xamusel
January 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Call the Tohsaka's to come here NOW!!​

Zeranion
January 26th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Whoa... Slow down guys. Think for a moment. Do we really want the Tohsakas to come to the DURSLEY'S??? This just screams potential issues in the future.

[x]Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.

Let's calm down, and just talk with them and ask for our master's opinion of what went on. If Tokiomi feels like this is particularly important I'm sure he'll come over regardless of our wishes. We are his apprentice after all.

Xamusel
January 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Err... good point, Zeranion, so I'll change my vote to Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.

I can tell that this would be the better option now.

Yun
January 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM
[x]Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.

Tetsurō
January 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
[x] Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.

whosaidthat
January 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
[x] Call the Tohsakas, just to talk.

You dial them and hope that this time they would pick up the phone, and after the fifth tone someone answers.

"Moshi moshi~".

It was Sakura who answered, and unfortunately neither her nor her sister speaks english very well, and you are even worse than them with your (inexistent) japanese.

"Ah, Sakura? It's Harry. Remember me, H-A-R-R-Y. Can you call your papa?"

"Nii-san?" It meant big brother, remembering the few words Tokiomi-sensei taught you. She said something you couldn't understand before the voice in the speaker changed.

"Hello, is that Harry?"

"Oh, hi Mrs Tohsaka. Is sensei there?"

"He's on the studio working. Did you forgot something here dear?"

"Not really. Uhm... I meet a man today on the street and talked about my parents past job, and told me I maybe, but most probably, had the same talent as them. Did you or sensei knew about my parents? I meet the man in an Inn between a library and an old music shop in a certain street on London."

"... no. I doubt even my husband meet with them. I will call him and you two can talk, all right?"

A few minutes later, another voice answered.

"Hello Harry. Is it true that you found someone that knew about your parents and their, as you put it, old job?"

"Yes. A man came today, claiming to work for the same school by parents went. It's a boarding school called Hogwarts."

"Hogwarts? The name isn't strange... Please continue."

"We stopped at a bar/inn called Leaky Cauldron for breakfast at a certain street and from there we went to shop for my school supplies. My school starts tomorrow and I will take the train from King Cross Station. I'm supposed to wait for someone between platform 9 and 10."

"Really now? Maybe you shouldn't trouble your uncle and aunt. Could you pass the phone for them? I have some business in London too, it will be no trouble to give you a lift."

"Thank you sensei!"

There are a few hours before going to sleep. You...

[]Read ahead (book name);
[]Name the Owl, Name the Cat;
[]Keep training how to open/close your circuits;
[]Try to socialize with my relatives;
[]Write In.

lethum
January 28th, 2012, 01:10 PM
[X] Name the Owl, name the Cat, [X] Read ahead (to fuse the owl and cat into a Griffin).

Mike1984
January 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Name the owl and cat. Don't fuse them into a Griffin.

Zeranion
January 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
[x]Name the Owl, Name the Cat;

Hedwig as per canon and Kite after the main character from .Hack//

Please no potentially mind-bending and morally absent experiments...

Bloble
January 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Name your pets!

Stick with Hedwig for the owl, and for the cat.... Len? Not very imaginative, but...

Xamusel
January 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I was thinking of one of the Lens being the cat... oh well.

Either way, [X] Name the Cat, Name the Owl​ is my vote.

whosaidthat
January 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM
If you don't suggest a name it will be up to me to name them.

Xamusel
January 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Ah, I'll go with Len for the cat, and I'll stick with canon for the owl... Hedwig.

Laith
January 28th, 2012, 03:56 PM
[X]Name the Owl, Name the Cat

Hedwig and Len. So original I know.

whosaidthat
January 29th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Name the Owl, Name the Cat


You see your cousin following you to the backyard where the Cat is and the Owl is perched on a tree.

"Are these yours?" He ask while glaring at the cat, who in return ignores him in a typical cat fashion.

"Yeah. I'm going to name them now."

"Oh? Like what?"

"Well, the Owl since it is a girl I will name Hedwig."

"The saint of Orphans. You still remember from the stories from that crazy woman?"

"How I can't? She was crazy after all. And the Cat I'm naming... Len."

"Len? What a girly name.

... you know it is a male cat, right?"

"Yeah, so? It's not a girly name!"

"Of course it's not", he says in a condescending tone, "well, if it was me I would call him Betty."

"... Betty. Wasn't Betty a woman name?"

"No it isn't. Grandfather's name was named Betty."

"... really?"

"Yeah. Richard Betty Dursley."

"..."

Later on the day, you decide to just rest. After all, it's not like you can do much with only a few hours before your first day, right?

****

More later.

Bloble
January 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
[ ] Realize Len is too girly and name the cat Richard after Dudley's Grandpa

whosaidthat
January 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM
... the next day.

Tokiomi arrived early, around eight o'clock, and had some pleasant small talk with your mother sister husband. In fact, he looked incredibly demure after the talk.

Once in the car you found out the twins were also there, and you enjoyed the drive greatly before arriving at an office building. Once entering Tokiomi muttered some words and you felt the air around you shift. You don't know what happened, but the fact that neither Rin or Sakura thought it strange was slightly reassuring, but on the other hand they were too entertained with playing with the Owl and Cat.

"Now nobody will hear us, and any and all magical auras will be masked from the outside. Care to tell me what happened yesterday?"

You tell him everything, from the man coming and anouncing your status as a 'wizard' to the world, to the fact that your mother sister knew about your possible talent with magic, to your trip to diagon alley and your fame and the third party generic mystic code you bought by around fifty pounds, and the strange name they called who wasn't magical: muggle.

"This is all interesting. I never heard of such place before myself, though I believe I saw that Inn once or twice. As for Hogwarts, there is a small mention of it in an old book I own, but nothing like a 'school of magic' like you told me."

"The truth of the matter was that I wanted you to come with me near the end of the year to japan in order to properly initiate your apprentiship, but circunstances force me to delay this." He looks at your seriously, with a true air of master before you. "Since you're going to this school, as my apprentice I want you to excel on everything taught to you, without forgetting to focus on the lessons I wanted for you to continue in case my plans went undisturbed."

In other words, work, work, work, work, and very little play.

He them pulls a booklet with the title 'Universal Basics of Magecraft' with an emblem of a clock inner workings.

"When I see you again I want you to master every single subject on this book. This book, alongside my involvement with you must remain a secret until I figure out who those 'wizards' are. Take this as your first task as my apprentice."

He also handles you a piece of paper with things you should be doing, as your original shedule. You can see it is gruesome, and it is also part of the secret materials you will bring.

"Oh! Sensei, I can use Hedwig to send letters to you. Apparently they are trained to do that."

"Uhm... send them to your relatives first before we come up with something."

After some more talking he brings you to King Cross station before the scheduled time, and soon enough you try to find where the platform 9 3/4 is, but your sensei quickly senses a bounded field in one wall.

You, the twins and Tokiomi walk through the wall, and find another section of the station, full of people. Some are appearing on thin air, while others are coming from... fireplaces? while some others are coming from other passages on the wall like yours.

"This... is fascinating", Tokiomi says with a rare sense of wonder. "I certainly need to find out more about this. I expect monthly updates on your development on this strange... community."

After saying good bye to the Tohsakas, you enter the train with your things and try to find a place to stay.

[]There is an empty compartment here
[]There is one with a girl there
[]There is one with a boy there
[]There is one with an older girl and an older boy there
[]There is one with an older boy there
[]Write In.

Laith
January 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
[X]There is an empty compartment here.

Lycodrake
January 29th, 2012, 04:50 PM
[X]There is one with an older girl and an older boy there

Xamusel
January 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
[X] There is one with a bushy haired girl who has bucked-teeth here (AKA Hermione).

No, really, try to make friends with Hermione as soon as possible!

lethum
January 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM
[X] Older boy and girl. Because we are on a mission for data, and networking is a must.

Yun
January 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
[X]There is one with an older girl and an older boy there

Bloble
January 29th, 2012, 06:57 PM
[ ] One with an older boy and girl.

whosaidthat
January 29th, 2012, 08:27 PM
[]There is one with an older girl and an older boy there

When you get there, you find an older teenager with bright pink spiky hair and bright blue eyes, with a few piercings on her ear, one on her nose and lip. The older boy had a strange shade of red hair that also reminded you of pink, but in a more 'natural' way, his eye color was a strange shade that also reminded you of pink. Of course, with so much pink you can't focus much on the rest of their features for now.

As you approach, the girl look up to you and smiles, giving you a 'come here' motion.

"Wotcha firstie, looking for a seat?" She says with an smile.

"How do you know I'm a", you say while looking at yourself, trying to find where comes your 'firstness' until you realize what you did, "crap."

"Language", the older girl says in a mock scolding tone.

"Pff. You say that just so you can be the only one to swear around."

"Damn straight! I have a reputation to uphold, you know?"

The two of them banter for a while, and you decide that even with them being a bit weird, it might be nice to stay with those two.

"My name is Cormac Fragga McRemitz, while this one is ...", the older girl threw a book on her side which the boy expertly dodged, "Nympadora Tonks. But you can call her Nymphadora", and this time she kicked him on his leg, which he ignored and she rubbed her feet while muttering 'insensible brutes'.

"No, seriously, just call her Nymph or Tonks, though Tonks is too masculine even for this tomboy here." At the motion of the girl trying to take away from under her sleep he started pleading, and as penance he had to buy you three breakfast and lunch when the food cart comes.

"So, what's your name kid?"

"Harry Potter", you say a bit cautiously. Sure enough the girl have her eyes wide while the boy looks at you with a critical eye.

"Can I see your scar?" He asks, and you with incredible patience shows him. He takes a good look and mutters to himself, though you can still hear clearly, 'lightning bold my ass'.

Later you find out Nymph, as Cormac keeps insisting on calling her, is cousin to the man that betrayed your parents, and is very sorry for what happened.

"Don't be", you say to her, "it's not your fault what someone else does. Just because your relative was bad doesn't mean you are".

You talk for a while, and they find out...

[]You didn't knew wizards existed, let alone your fame
[]Your interests, hobbies, dream for the future (abridged version)
[]Things you dislike
[]Write in.

After a while, a blond boy around your age enters the compartment, flanked by two other boys with a larger (in all sides) build.

"I heard Harry Potter is on this train, is that true?"

[]"Yes, that's me. Who wants to know?"
[]Silence and see what those two say.
[]Silently plead to the boy to get them out.
[]Silently plead to the girl to get them out.
[]Write in.

Tetsurō
January 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
[]You didn't knew wizards existed, let alone your fame
[]"Yes, that's me. Who wants to know?"

Xamusel
January 29th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Ditto what Tetsurou said (I know I got his username wrong, I don't have the key to put an accent over the letter "O", so...).

Laith
January 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM
[X]You didn't knew wizards existed, let alone your fame

And

[X]Silence and see what those two say.

Bloble
January 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
[X]You didn't knew wizards existed, let alone your fame

And

[X]Silently plead to the boy to get them out.

This Harry is a shyer boy than the last one. He wouldn't want a confrontation. But boys can't accept help from girls because girls have cooties, so he has to rely on our good friend Cormac for help!

Tetsurō
January 29th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Ditto what Tetsurou said (I know I got his username wrong, I don't have the key to put an accent over the letter "O", so...).Copy/paste my friend.

Yun
January 29th, 2012, 10:38 PM
[X]You didn't knew wizards existed, let alone your fame

And

[X]Silently plead to the boy to get them out.

Xamusel
January 29th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Copy/paste my friend.

Okay, Tetsurō, I get it.

whosaidthat
January 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM
[X]You didn't knew wizards existed, let alone your fame

"I mean, the way people talked when I was shopping for my things they treated me as some kind of Messiah", you say while getting a bit irritated with the memory. "'Are you really Harry Potter' this, 'Thank you for saving us' that, 'can I see your scar'", which Nymph glared at Cormac, which he was completely unfazed, "and worst of all 'please bless my children'! Are those people insane or something?"

"Well, you are quite famous, and you did vanguish him."

"Really? Because I don't even remember that night. For that matter, who told the four winds it was me that did anything if there was no witness on that day? For all I know this Voldemort", Nymph winced at the name, while Cormac just palmed his face, "fought with my two parents and died, or something like that. Hell, someone else could have defeated him and ran away from the publicity. I would if I had the chance."

"I guess you don't like your fame?" Cormac deadpanned.

You don't even fight back the snort from such question. "Every time I hear my wonderful nickname of The-Boy-Who-Lived, I can't help but think they are too afraid to complete with While-His-Parents-Died".

For a while an uncomfortable silence hangs around, until the cart comes with a late breakfast, and after a few magical treats full of chocolate you three are comfortable with each other again.

[X]Silently plead to the boy to get them out.
[X]"Yes, that's me. Who wants to know"

You are already tired of people barging in and asking about this 'Harry Potter'. You can't even properly fight against two girls a few years younger than you, let alone know nearly as much magic as them, and yet here you are considered some weird kind of hero before you barely (if even had) got out of your diapers, and everybody takes it at face value. Who they think you are, Christ?

You were about to confront this blond boy + accessories before you caught the eye of the older boy. You weren't in the mood to deal with them yourself to be honest, so you couldn't help but send him a silent plead of help.

"Yes, he is in the train." Maybe you judged too quickly after all. "What of it?" Hopefully you weren't wrong.

"Well", he drawled with an air of arrogance, "is he here or not?"

"If he wanted to talk with you, he would already introduced himself, won't he?"

"And who do you think you are?" The boy says with disdain. "This hair and eyes", he takes a look at Nymph, more closely her piercings and hair color, "and this company. I doubt you have anything worth your name, is it Mr..."

The boy stands up, towering the boy with both size and force of personality, invading the blond's personal space and making them step back from the compartment. You can't see it, but you just know the older boy, no, the man was furious.

"Know your place, Malfoy. I am older than you, bigger than you, know more magic than you and", he makes a show to look around, but never really taking the three of them, "I don't see your loving family or the ministry to back you up. So I suggest you to go back were you come from and enjoy the ride while you can."

The now identified Malfoy was shaking like a loose leaf, but still tried some last bravado. "I-I, I will make sure m-my father..."

"Your father will be appalled that you can't win your own battles, or that you aren't wise enough to choose the ones you can win, or that you are blind enough to not notice when it's time to run."

Finally taking the hint, he scurried off quickly.

"Er, thanks", you say a bit shyly.

"It's all right, we're even now."

*******

More later.

whosaidthat
January 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
After some time of more idle chat you feel more secure in learning more about them.

[]What they think about the houses
[]What they think about the school
[]What they think about the staff
[]What they think about the lessons
[]What they think about their family
[]Write In.

A few hours later, Len comes with a bit of blood in his mouth, and appears to be really satisfied. Why, you're not really sure.

You...

[]Read a bit Universal Basics of Magecraft
[]Read a bit Magical Theory
[]Read a bit your Transfiguration book
[]Read a bit your Charms book
[]Read a bit your History book
[]Pet Len
[]Take a Nap
[]Take a Nap and use Nymph leg as a pillow
[]Keep doing some idle chat
[]Write In.

Bloble
January 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Ask about houses. Even Canon Harry was curious, and this one should be no exception.

And then take a nap and use Nymph leg as pillow, but do it in the cutest way possible making sure to make it look completely accidental.

Also, Ron should be sad that Scabbers got nommed.

Xamusel
January 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
[X] Write in: What they think about the houses and the school

As for the second one...

[X] Read a bit of "Universal Basics of Magecraft".

I mean, you'll need to study from it eventually, so why not start right now? Of course, if Cormac's family is what we're led to believe, he'll know the significance of the book right off.

Bloble
January 30th, 2012, 05:18 PM
...Xam's got a point. Changing my vote to his.

lethum
January 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
[X]What they think about the houses
[X]What they think about the lessons

This is what we care about as smart boys who are spying for Tokiomi.

[X]Read a bit Universal Basics of Magecraft
[X]Read a bit your Charms book

This should highlight the differences we should be looking for.

[X]Take a Nap and use Nymph leg as a pillow
[X]Keep doing some idle chat

Why not?

whosaidthat
January 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I will tell people just once.

I should have warned when you guys requested Hermione at some point: don't try to be meta with me.

You know things, your character and NPCs don't.

Xamusel
January 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM
...Oops.

Sorry about that.

Yun
January 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM
[]What they think about their family
[]Write In.
Read a bit of each of his course books just enough that whatever is covered in the first week won't be completely unfamiliar for Harry.

Laith
January 30th, 2012, 07:10 PM
[X]What they think about the school

and

[X]Take a Nap (and use Nymph leg as a pillow) optional.

whosaidthat
January 30th, 2012, 08:32 PM
What they think about houses

"Well, there are four houses as you know. Griffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin." Said Tonks, as she insists, continuing after taking a bite of a ham and eggs sandwich. "Griffindor prizes bravery and chivalry, usually people that is bold and honored".

"They also tend to leap, leap and leap and never think on the consequences and are often arrogant, forceful and absolutely assured of their righteousness." Completed Cormac while eating some fried chicken himself.

"Are you going to be all negative like always?"

"So long as you are overly optimistic. I have to be there to balance your cheerfulness."

"Would you balance it if I did the whole gloom and negative routine?"

"Could you be gloom and negative?"

"... shut up and let me continue."

****

more later

Xamusel
January 30th, 2012, 08:36 PM
So far so interesting...

Hope you can continue this.

whosaidthat
February 11th, 2012, 07:22 AM
What they think about houses

"Then there is Ravenclaw, a house that prizes learning, wit and wisdom. The members of that house are also normally more independent and mature than the others, though that varies from person to person."

"On general they are a bunch of loners too", continued the older boy in his role, "and usually attracts the more eccentric. They also are very prideful compared to other houses which manifests not as the righteous arrogance of the Griffindor or the disdain the Slytherins have, but a more silent contempt. Things like 'oh, you're still doing your homework? I did that days ago' or 'you can't do that spell yet? I can help you because I learned that weeks ago' and so on. Simply put, they can get really smug, but rarely will go to great lengths to rub it off in your face."

"You know, you shouldn't try to scare off him from the other houses."

"And say everything is all wonderful and perfect just for him to learn the cold harsh reality the hard way?"

"Not everything is bad."

"Neither is good. I'm not contradicting the positives, just remembering him of the negatives everyone conveniently forgets."

***
"Well, then there is my house Hufflepuff. We're big on loyalty, fair play, team work and a sense of comunity", and she sent an intimidating glare towards Cormac that clearly dared him to try to find something bad. Apparently Cormac was made of sturdier stuff than you since he didn't missed a beat.

"They are ordinary", came the surprisingly innocent reply. "Now, it's not a bad quality per se, but as far as I know wizards and witches have some unrestrained phobia of the 'ordinary', 'mundane' and 'common'".

"Hey! It's not like that!"

"Then why you usually chooses the most extravagant clothing and hair, and changes it every single day?"

"It's my style! And you know I can't help it!"

"Of course it is." He says soothingly, but having to dodge another a right hook to his head this time.

"Not only that", he continued, "but they have more or less a mob mentality. Unless what you suggest is so obviously better than the current option, or you are an orator good enough to sell sand in the desert, you better resign yourself to what the majority wants for most of the time."

"That is certainly not true, and if you want to be like that, you can argue that all houses do that."

"They do", he didn't even paused to agree with her, "but those are more on the stereotypical territory, like 'study' or 'be brave', while your house is like that even on small things. Say, how is the junk box on your common room? Did they finally let you put even one music from you personal collection?"

All she could do is mutter a grudging 'I'm working on it'.

"Of course there are exceptions in all houses, and it isn't as bad as it sounds, but if you need to describe it in few words you won't go too far from there."

"Oh~~ But what about your house, uhmm? What was it again? The house of the blood purity, ambition and cunning, was it?"

"You know, the way you say it even the last quality sounds like an insult." He replies dryly at her.

"Must be your imagination."

Cormac could only sigh and shock his head. "Well, I can only put things in context here. Three times out of ten, if what my upperclassmen told me was true, you will find out Slytherin is the house were they do everything to achieve their goals almost immediately. Today this sound exclusively bad, but the time of the founders was on tenth century were the concept of social ascension was largely forgotten in Europe and in some cases was just one step behind being a crime. Back in the day, unless you were willing to do whatever it took your chances of getting a better life was literally zero barring a miracle and the lives of the majority of the population wasn't flowers and sunshines."

"Then why most of the house is composed of bigoted pure-bloods since ancient times?"

For the first time you could see him hesitate, but he had a look that you only recognize since you had it yourself. It was pointed to you by some of your teachers and your mother's sister, a look that said that 'yes, I know why, but are going to listen to me' look. You found early that correcting other people wasn't exactly appreciated most of the time and stopped trying, but something in the body language remained to show how it wanted the rightness of the argument.

"I don't know", he finally admitted, "on the other hand it doesn't really matter since things took a dive towards the deep end on the twentieth century, becoming worse on the seventies-eighties. Either way, you forgot to tell him that Slytherins have a good sense of community."

"They do now?" She says, clearly not believing it.

"Yes. Their community at least. Rarely you will see them fighting against each other in public."

"That's just because they hide it from the others."

"Which is the whole point. They don't parade around their internal problems, and from an outsider perspective it looks like they are some kind of big happy family that is always united. The individuals might be in conflict, but the group must stand together and solve their problems on their own."

"Well, can't argue with that. You never see them walking alone."

whosaidthat
February 11th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Take a look at Universal Basics of Magecraft

You can't help but want to look at that booklet. You were just doing some meditation training and opening/closing your circuits (barring one that is still stubbornly open all the time) for a while but this book finally gives you some introduction on some real magecraft.

... it's better to attempt to hide it. Sensei did told you the existence of this was supposed to be a secret to everyone.

You put it inside one of your charms books and started reading.

The World Egg Theory
Introduction to Magecraft as a System
Introduction on Physical Manipulation, Analysis and Alteration (Reinforcement, Structural Analysis, Alteration)
Introduction on Pseudo-Spiritual Manifestation (Projection)
Introduction on Bounded Fields I: Theory
Introduction on Bounded Fields II: Elementary Analysis, Construction and Deconstruction
Introduction on Elements I: Affinities and Transformation
Introduction on Elements II: Sub-elements
Introduction on Familiars: Nature and Uses


Yes, all basic stuff your sensei touched before but didn't elaborate. They even come with some spells and a way to make your own field, even if a poor one. You are happy flipping though the pages when you catch the eyes of Cormac. He is watching you intently behind your book, as if waiting for you to do something, and you can't help but shiver at his gaze.

Once getting on Hogwarts grounds, you were herded towards the lake, and got a few boat mates.

[ ]Two Boys, One Girl
[ ]Three Boys
[ ]Three Girls

****

Just to get this restarted