PDA

View Full Version : Five Watches Anime!

Five_X
January 27th, 2012, 10:50 PM
The title is fairly self-explanatory, no? Though I could also title it, "Five Watches a Sex Comedy" or something.

For fun, I decided to make a little poll here, and watch some random (mostly ecchi, for the lulz)

I'll be watching one of these, regardless of length, and posting some screenshots (if I can get that to even work) and a general description of each episode as-stuff-happens. I tend to make up silly nicknames for different characters, usually based on the most notable thing about them. For example, when I did this a long while back for Kanokon, the character Nozomu became "Lolitass" because she had a flat chest and an amazing ass.

It will be very off-the-wall, and no, not all of these shows are necessarily good. They're just amusing, in various ways.

Bloble
January 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Wow... kinda sucks that I've only seen maybe one of these, otherwise I'd have picked out the one I knew you'd hate the most. Might as well vote DearS, since I kinda liked it's manga version.

Also, Five, you crazy.

Kotonoha
January 27th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Oh god, I watched DearS YEARS ago and forgot it existed. It was terrible. Go with that one!

Also, forget screencaps, do a livestream.

KAIZA
January 27th, 2012, 11:47 PM
This idea amuses me!
Votes are coming up fast, I see!

Already voted anyways.
Kampfer includes one of the densest materials known to man! ;)
Don't care what people say, I liked that show! (I even karaoke'd the OP (http://vocaroo.com/?media=vT3SYM5CePkJNXNQ6) for
the voice thread!)

Also, Five, you crazy.
And once again, Bloble beat me to my line.
WHY YOU DO THIS BLOBLE? WHY YOU GET MY LINES BEFORE I POST?! U PSYCHIC?

I3uster
January 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
I vote Kämpfer (I can do an umlaut, fuck yeah), because I feel insulted whenever someone points out that this thing is existing, because it implies that I am of the same species of the target group of this series, which apparently exists and some of those even BOUGHT this atrocity.

KAIZA
January 28th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I vote Kämpfer (I can do an umlaut, fuck yeah), because I feel insulted whenever someone points out that this thing is existing, because it implies that I am of the same species of the target group of this series, which apparently exists and some of those even BOUGHT this atrocity.
Kämpfer.
I can do the umlaut too, y'know :p.

Why don't you like Kämpfer?
How can you not like its protagonist?
Just look at this ladies man:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7143/6774106007_4c62a3a308_m.jpg
How could anyone resist his charms?
His totally-not-denser-than-steel personality?
How could anyone not like him?
:neco_arc:

Lycodrake
January 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM
...I stopped liking Kampfer (can't do umlaut ;w; ) after the reveal of Psycho, Yandere Lesbians. XP

KAIZA
January 28th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Spoilers, Lyco.:neco_arc:
Spoilers.

In any case, I still enjoyed. It was hilarious.
Will Five watch the additional 2 episodes, too I wonder?

Lycodrake
January 28th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Spoilers, Lyco.:neco_arc:
Spoilers.
Not much of a spoiler, actually. Didn't say anything about the plot and all. XP

Bloble
January 28th, 2012, 12:11 AM
And once again, Bloble beat me to my line.
WHY YOU DO THIS BLOBLE? WHY YOU GET MY LINES BEFORE I POST?! U PSYCHIC?

No man. I bro. And U bro. And our bro wavelengths matched and we were on the same page for a moment. I simply typed faster. :D

Also, of all these I haven't seen any, but I've read Rosario and DearS and didn't think they were that bad. Of course, the anime are probably atrocious (scratch that, DearS anime is atrocious because it stops halfway through the manga plot without resolving anything).

KAIZA
January 28th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Not much of a spoiler, actually. Didn't say anything about the plot and all. XP
You said it was a reveal. Now everyone's gonna expect [Psycho, Yandere Lesbians].
It counts. :p
Too bad they cut out Natsuru's character development.
Thus, we're left with what I described above. In any case, I found it hilarious, regardless of whatever sense the plot had lost.
Or sometimes because of that.

Oh, and the Abridged version too. That helped.

.It.
January 28th, 2012, 12:31 AM
My sadistic side requests you watch Ikkitousen. All of the episodes.

one

by

one.

Techlet
January 28th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Why don't you like Kämpfer?
How can you not like its protagonist?
Just look at this ladies man

Oh god.

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 12:39 AM
My sadistic side requests you watch Ikkitousen. All of the episodes.

one

by

one.

Sadistic? Huh? Ikkitousen is kind of ridiculously awesome, you just don't get it.

2deep4u

Also, I'd totally do a livestream/video, but that would be too long for people to watch, rather than the relatively quick speed of reading and all that. :(

KAIZA
January 28th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Oh god.
...???...
(I don't get it...=_=)
(...Wait a minute...)
(Please don't tell me I made a pun...)

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Also, neck and neck tie, here... might end up with a coin toss or something.

.It.
January 28th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Sadistic? Huh? Ikkitousen is kind of ridiculously awesome, you just don't get it.

2deep4u

Also, I'd totally do a livestream/video, but that would be too long for people to watch, rather than the relatively quick speed of reading and all that. :(

Well damn. My teeny tiny brain was just blown.

Also

Livestream.

I think you could do one episode per LS and commentate on it. Considering the length of the episodes, it won't be as long as watching it all in one sitting.

KAIZA
January 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Also, neck and neck tie, here... might end up with a coin toss or something.
*LE GASP*
The COIN returns!
Quick, we must vote!
(Dang, I already voted...)

So, question, you're gonna do post-per-episode, or
all-episodes-in-one?

Techlet
January 28th, 2012, 12:48 AM
(Please don't tell me I made a pun...)

Laith
January 28th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Watch Kämpfer. You won't regret it.

=V

KAIZA
January 28th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Accidental puns. Who knew?

Watch Kämpfer. You won't regret it.

=V
I know I didn't.:ciel:

I3uster
January 28th, 2012, 01:09 AM
If you want some entertaiment, vote Ikkitousen.
If you want to see Five break, vote Kämpfer.

.It.
January 28th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I retract my vote. Kämpfer it is.

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I've watched a bit of Kampfer before, actually. The only series here I don't think I've watched much of is DearS.

Pretty much all of these shows are ones I've watched a few scattered episodes of. I'm impossible to break. I survived Kanokon and more.

Kotonoha
January 28th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Aw c'mon, no love for alien girl slavery animu?

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Also, livestream wouldn't work. For one, it's live, two, I don't know how to record animu and shit, and three, it's live.

I will either do narration on top of the episode (which would be long and people probably wouldn't watch it, tbh...) or I'll write up a commentary as I watch the episode, which is the format I did last time, for Kanokon.

lantzblades
January 28th, 2012, 02:17 AM
tousen the ENGLISH version, all of it.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
January 28th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I'm tempted to go with kampfer because it's easily the worst of the bunch.

Ikki tousen was actually pretty good though
Never watched Mai otome but I've heard good things about it

FUUUUUUU, dunno what to vote for

Five_X
January 28th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Well, vote on which one would be most interesting. "Which Anime to Torture Me With" is actually a misnomer, since the only way to "torture" with me with so-called "bad" anime is for it to be boring, and if I was bored I would just not do it at all instead of making fun of it.

Basically, pick the one that would make for the best commentary. I can guarantee you that not a single one of them would elicit distaste or disgust from me, since I'm not that kind of person. I'd only be bored by a boring anime.

Though, I doubt any of these would really bore me. So, pick one that's good, if you want to. I'll be entertained by any of them, regardless.

Techlet
January 28th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Why do I not spy with my little eyes Boku no Pico in the poll?

MZeroX
January 28th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Why do I not spy with my little eyes Boku no Pico in the poll?livestream this shit with commentary. you must overcome your current limits of internets levels in order to do this.

Spinach
January 28th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Boku no Pico

Yoooooooooo!

eddyak
January 28th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Ikkitousen.

Because fight-stripping.

Tobias
January 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I dont know what any of these things are, but I am tempted to vote anyway

Five_X
January 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Well, it looks like we have a winner after my arbitrary time delay!

I'm downloading Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny right now, so hopefully you'll be able to see some DDs soon!

Tobias
January 30th, 2012, 01:51 AM
just for the hell of it, I went and mainlined the 13 episodes of Ikkitousen. it was ok. it wasnt bad enough to be one of those so bad its good types, and it didnt hurt to watch, but it wasn't exactly riveting either. I dunno if generic is the right word, but it comes kinda close.

ItsaRandomUsername
January 30th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I will follow this.

Five_X
January 30th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Ikkitousen is awesome, Tobias, and you should stop being lame and like Ikkitousen more.

Though, when this finally concludes, I might watch Kampfer, since it's the runner up.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
January 30th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I didn't really watch the ikki tousen anime but I'm caught up on the manga

Jase
January 30th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Kampfer is a great show.

++++

Tobias
February 1st, 2012, 10:34 PM
*watches second season*

Wow, took me like 4 episodes and several gratuitous stripping scenes to convince me this was ikki and not DBZ!

I3uster
February 2nd, 2012, 04:07 AM
Someone vote Kämpfer already! Make him feel PAIN!

Five_X
February 2nd, 2012, 04:27 AM
The voting ended already, brah. :|

Due to shitty internet I've only been able to download Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny very recently, so this should start soon!

I3uster
February 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM
Noooooo! I wanted to see you bleed! (Only because I love you, of course)

Five_X
February 2nd, 2012, 04:36 AM
Bah, Kampfer is actually pretty awesome. I would have enjoyed it, as I enjoy many silly, stupid fanservice comedies.

I3uster
February 2nd, 2012, 04:39 AM
But the fanservice wasn't even that enjoyable! And the fight scenes, oh god, the fight scenes! And the "parody humor" which was on the level of shitty youtube "parodies"!

The only good things that came out of it were the chain dagger lesbian and "surprise, you have a crush on a total psycho".

Five_X
February 2nd, 2012, 04:42 AM
I like it because it's terrible.

Though it's not like Kanokon, that ended up being legitimately original and funny. Seriously, Kanokon is great. I can't recommend it enough.

Techlet
February 2nd, 2012, 05:05 AM
Noooooo! I wanted to see you bleed! (Only because I love you, of course)

The basis of my relationship with wo-

KAIZA
February 2nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Bah, Kampfer is actually pretty awesome. I would have enjoyed it, as I enjoy many silly, stupid fanservice comedies.
This be the truth.

And, funnily enough, Kämpfer would have won...if .It. had been able change her vote in
the polls, since she switched votes halfway through.

Tobias
February 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
you know, becauyse you kept talking up Kanokon I went and mainlined it to see how it was, gotta admit, I pretty much laughed my way though it, it was kinda awesome.

Five_X
February 29th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Woah I'm late

But yeah, Kanokon is pretty great. I asked an anime-loving friend of mine, and he told me that it's basically the worst anime ever made... then I actually watched it, and it turns out that it's pretty great. Surprisingly funny, definitely.

Erlkonig
March 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Kampfer wins, get on with it Five

Five_X
March 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
No Erl. :|

I'll get to this eventually! It's not my fault that Mass Effect 3 is out.

Erlkonig
March 6th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mod Kämpfer into ME3 and do both at the same time

Sakuraba Haru
March 7th, 2012, 05:47 PM
No, people. Vote for Ikkitousen. The Historical Inaccuracies should drive Five to madness!
...Though he's on a type moon forum so... Huh.