PDA

View Full Version : Casttlevania Quest



Shaderic
January 30th, 2012, 03:47 AM
It is a beautiful night.

The moon shines innocently, casting pale light across your path.

It's a simple dirt road, leading through a forest. Tall pines line both sides, with dark and crisp shadows making the path appear almost white.

But, there is something inescapably wrong. Further down the path, miles away, is a castle. It is an enormous black thing, that juts out of the forest like some kind of tumor. It's walls and spires all seem unnatural. Not artificial, but as though they should not exist to begin with.

Even the sky around it seems to distort, like someone ripped the stars out of the night and filled them with black pus.

Castlevania

Dracula's Satanic Castle.

Please Select A Character

The Hunter

"Monsters should stay in Hell."

A trained monster hunter sent by the Vatican, your orders are clear. Investigate the newly risen castle of Dracula, eliminate those responsible, and prevent the ressurection of the Dark Lord.

You have a variety of holy relics and tools at your disposal, and you're well trained in dealing with hellish beasts. Although you have no magical talent, you can always send for back up, should you need such a thing.

Difficulty: Easy
Growth: Minimal

The Magician

"Well, isn't this interesting?"

While doing some research up in the mountains, you've come across a most curious castle. Even though you're not the greatest magic user, it's impossible to mis-read an aura like that. Blood, death, and a most unholy smell. The infamous Akumajou Dracula.

Even though you only have some basic magical tools and supplies, you can't resist investigating the legendary castle. And if worse comes to worse, you suppose there's nothing a few fireballs couldn't fix.

Difficulty: Normal
Growth: Average

The Student

"What the hell is this place?!"

As a completely ordinary high school student, you have no idea where 'here' really is. You were just taking a hike, and then something chased you to this place. You thought you could take shelter here until that thing went away, but now you can't get out the way you came in.

Something about this place sets you off, and you really wish you had something more than a knife to defend yourself with. You swear you can hear something whispering right behind you, but everytime you turn your head, there's nothing there.

Difficulty: Hard
Growth: High

Spinach
January 30th, 2012, 03:51 AM
The Student

Yun
January 30th, 2012, 04:11 AM
The Student.

Erlkonig
January 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBoDgwerBsA


The Student.

Bloble
January 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM
The Student, but only as long as you don't have any secret hidden powers we're unaware of.

Erlkonig
January 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
The Student, but only as long as you don't have any secret hidden powers we're unaware of.

Note the "Growth: High" thing.

If we don't have any, we sure are getting them

Bloble
January 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Oh damn that's right. Ah well, it's fine.

Airen
January 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM
The Student.

Lycodrake
January 30th, 2012, 09:22 AM
The Student.

Katie
January 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
The Magician

Tobias
January 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
The magician.

Vahan
January 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I vote the Student ... just becuase I want him to have MEoDP!

EnigmaticFellow
January 30th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hardo-modo is a go!

Voting for student.

Xamusel
January 30th, 2012, 12:52 PM
The Student.

Froggie
January 30th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Spelled Castlevania wrong.

Erlkonig
January 30th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Cattlevania Quest

Farmer's Curse

*Crow Killer starts playing*

whosaidthat
January 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Student

Because if at some point we have the power to steal souls of demons, that would be really sweet.

Chaos Greyblood
January 30th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Wow, so many Students and little love for the other roles, huh?

Gimme a little time, then I'll make a decision.

Yun
January 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Wow, so many Students and little love for the other roles, huh?

Gimme a little time, then I'll make a decision.An easy or medium Castlevania Game/Quest/RP does not compute and some people are probably hoping hard mode is Soma route.
edit
Oh right Soma did start with a knife as his weapon...

whosaidthat
January 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Don't need to be Soma, it just gets sweeter. We could very well be the long lost heir of the Belmonts or something, and are there to retrieve the lost relics and the stolen vampire killer, or something. Also, it's a quest thread, so the majority of votes work for everyone.

Spinach
January 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
More like anything but hard mode is chicken shit girl mode, and that is unacceptable.

whosaidthat
January 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM
More like anything but hard mode is chicken shit girl mode, and that is unacceptable.

or this. that works too.

I at least demand creative Dead Ends.

Chaos Greyblood
January 30th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Putting a lot of eggs into one basket, aren't we?

Well, it's just me, but I think there's gotta be some kind of balance depending on their skillsets. I mean, you have to build your characters right, have the right skills and be able to heal in any one way if we're doing groups. I know this is Castlevania, but I sincerely hope the one who's in charge of this show will be able to come up with some cool shit and provide more depth besides these 3 roles.

Also, are you all planning to be Belmonts? That's quite a lot, isn't it? Why not try with some of the other characters like the Belnades, a Danasty, a good guy from the Church or....

You know, I think I'm gonna make a character who's got powers similar to Shanoa because I feel that was pretty original and a Magic Knight looks fun to play as.

EnigmaticFellow
January 30th, 2012, 06:33 PM
An easy or medium Castlevania Game/Quest/RP does not compute

My reasoning for my choice.

Yun
January 30th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Putting a lot of eggs into one basket, aren't we?

Well, it's just me, but I think there's gotta be some kind of balance depending on their skillsets. I mean, you have to build your characters right, have the right skills and be able to heal in any one way if we're doing groups. I know this is Castlevania, but I sincerely hope the one who's in charge of this show will be able to come up with some cool shit and provide more depth besides these 3 roles.

Also, are you all planning to be Belmonts? That's quite a lot, isn't it? Why not try with some of the other characters like the Belnades, a Danasty, a good guy from the Church or....

You know, I think I'm gonna make a character who's got powers similar to Shanoa because I feel that was pretty original and a Magic Knight looks fun to play as.Er this is a quest not a RP hence the thread "Castlevania Quest" although I would love to play a Castlevania RP.
Anyways if I'm not mistaken and assuming Shaderic is using canon characters(which is a very big assumption) the Hunter is Richter Belmont, the Magician is Charlotte Aulin, and the Student is Soma Cruz.

Mormarth
January 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I really, really want BELMONDO, but sound arguments have swayed me.

The Student.

Erl, you fool, THE ORIGINAL IS ALWAYS THE STRONGEST


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZ5XZHIDh0

Erlkonig
January 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I really, really want BELMONDO, but sound arguments have swayed me.

The Student.

Erl, you fool, THE ORIGINAL IS ALWAYS THE STRONGEST


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZ5XZHIDh0

Blarg I have been beaten

Sei
January 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
If Hard mode is Castlevania 1 hard, I'll gladly vote student. :D

Katie
January 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Er this is a quest not a RP hence the thread "Castlevania Quest" although I would love to play a Castlevania RP.
Anyways if I'm not mistaken and assuming Shaderic is using canon characters(which is a very big assumption) the Hunter is Richter Belmont, the Magician is Charlotte Aulin, and the Student is Soma Cruz.

Motherfucker we should totally be Charlotte

brb editing vote

Yun
January 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Motherfucker we should totally be Charlotte

brb editing voteThey all could very well be oc making my educated guess wrong and it isn't Castlevania if your not playing it on the highest difficulty level available.

EnigmaticFellow
January 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2oZtvjg5oA

Erlkonig
January 30th, 2012, 11:48 PM
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2oZtvjg5oA

EF, you are awesome

EnigmaticFellow
January 30th, 2012, 11:57 PM
The game it came from may suck, but Bloody Tears is one of, if not the most, my favorite themes from Castlevania.

Mormarth
January 31st, 2012, 05:51 PM
what

I loved Simon's Quest!

you jerk ;__;

EnigmaticFellow
January 31st, 2012, 06:11 PM
what

I loved Simon's Quest!

you jerk ;__;

You know in your heart that I and III are many leagues better than it.

Sei
January 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM
what

I loved Simon's Quest!

you jerk ;__;

Pull up a seat. Get some tea. Let my friend Egoraptor educate you.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aip2aIt0ROM

Shaderic
January 31st, 2012, 10:45 PM
The Student

Your boots pound the dirt, as you run down the path to the nearest thing that could be considered shelter. Behind you, a wordless roar tears through the night. It's no animal you've ever heard, but that thing isn't human either. Human's don't stand fifteen feet tall. Humans don't have more multiple rows of teeth in their mouths. And humans most definitely cannot open their jaw that far.

Not that the castle down the road looks like a very good place to hide, but probable death is leagues better than certain death followed by being eaten.

The trail twists to avoid a steep slope down, but you keep going. You know this area, even if the giant black fortress of doom is new. Once you're over the edge, you throw yourself into a roll. It's bumpy, scratches up your arms, and leaves you dizzy at the bottom. But you're only five feet from the outer wall.

You spring to feet, and fight off the nausea as you start running again. It makes your head pound, but you're back up to speed in seconds. You run left, following the black stone wall. You can feel a stitch spiking it's way through your side, but you keep running. In an eternity that took less than three minutes, you find a door leading inward. Yanking it open, you dash inside and slam it shut behind you.

You're only inside the outer wall, but something strikes you as being odd almost immediately. The pristine white light from the moon is gone. Instead, the courtyard before you is bathed in bloody red.

"What the hell?" You voice your thoughts aloud, in the most eloquent way possible.

Dead and twisted blades of grass fight with with weeds among the ruins, while the occasional twisted tree wraps it's roots around what once might've been a building of stone.

But, that isn't what has your sudden attention. Dozens, no there has to be hundreds, of small crosses mark graves in this space. And right in front of the one nearest you, a black and green and very clearly rotted hand has shot out the dirt. Absently, you note that you can see white bone. And that it appears to have a rag covered arm attached to it.

Beyond the field of death, you can see doors to the castle proper. Doors that look very solid, and heavy. If you sprint again, you might make it across the field before more of them rise. On the other hand, they're just zombies, right? They can't climb, and there's a tree to your left. One that you won't have to cross run across zombie infested ground to get to. From there, you could take a second to call for help. Assuming your phone has service, anyway.

The sooner you make a decision, the safer you'll be.

You make up your mind. You'll...

[ ]Make a break for the castle door.
[ ]Climb the tree

Erlkonig
January 31st, 2012, 10:46 PM
[ ]Make a break for the castle door.


Because running around mindlessly is what shonen student would do.

Bloble
January 31st, 2012, 10:49 PM
[X] Make a break for the castle door. You can't rely on the zombies being dumb enough not to climb if you want to survive. It's too dangerous outside, so you should go for the safety of the indoors.

Xamusel
January 31st, 2012, 10:50 PM
[] Make a break for the castle door.

Because it would be in our best interests to see the inside of the castle.

Airen
January 31st, 2012, 10:51 PM
[X] Make a break for the Castle Door.

Zombies tend to gather, best to make a run now while their aren't as many out to get you.

Chaos Greyblood
January 31st, 2012, 11:42 PM
Pull up a seat. Get some tea. Let my friend Egoraptor educate you.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aip2aIt0ROM

Egoraptor's kinda funny, but I disagree with him on some fronts when it comes to that game. Also, he took WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long with the introductory stage with his Sequelitis video on Megaman X. At least his video on Simon's Quest had better flow that helped with the comedy and he slowly killed it on MMX; it hurts the mood and feel of the video.

Is it too late for me to sign up? I think I'll be a Magician with the abilities I've mentioned not too long ago. :P

EnigmaticFellow
January 31st, 2012, 11:50 PM
@Chaos Greyblood
It's a quest, not a RP.

Chaos Greyblood
February 1st, 2012, 12:02 AM
So can I join or not?

EnigmaticFellow
February 1st, 2012, 12:22 AM
^
All you do is vote on actions that the character will take.

Speaking of which,
[X] Make a break for the Castle Door.

Shaderic
February 1st, 2012, 12:50 AM
http://youtu.be/QVNbLoMwiwM

You'll make a break for the door.

You run through the graves, nimbly going left and right avoid lurching hands. When you were about five feet from the door, you felt an icy grip wrap itself around your leg. With scream that was mostly certainly not girlish, and a burst of andrenaline, you force yourself to run even hard. Fortunately, rather than tripping, you hear a pop sound and keep running. You can still feel a loose pressure on your leg, but you're ignore that and all it's connotations until you're safely on the other side of that door. When you rip open the door, you nearly jerk your arm off. It moves so easily, and in you rather focused states you used too much force.

Like you did a moment before, you jerk the door closed behind you. It seals itself with a quiet click. And then with a large, heavy wooden beam that comes slamming down out of nowhere.

Well, at least they're not getting through that way.

After another panicked scream at the arm still attached to your leg (and several vigorous stomps to remove it), you turn around and slump against the door. You take a moment to breathe and absorb your hopefully not likely to kill you surroundings.

Not fifteen feet away from where you stand, a corpse lies on the ground impaled with a broadsword. He's wearing black robes that look like they belong on some sort of cultist from a cheap fantasy film, and the sword that's pinning him down...

It's all black. The blade's a matte black that doesn't reflect anything. The simple cross guard is the same. Other than that, it looks like a fairly normal sword. But still... Something about it unnerves you. And it's not the fact that it's stuck inside somebody.

Looking around the room some more, it's pretty big. Tall windows let in more of that red moonlight, and a rich red carpet runs the length of what you realize is a very long hallway. Apart from the occasional suit of armor, it's also very empty. Which shouldn't bug you, but given how tonight's been going, you'll bet that the suits of armor will come to life or something. Absently, you pull out your cell-phone and hold it up to the window. 'No Service' blinks across the screen.

"So much for calling for help."

"Oh, I doubt it would do you much good, even if you could." A reedy voice says from further down the hall.

You whirl around, and see something that freezes you. It has to be at least ten feet tall. It looks like a giant under a billowing black cloak, except cloaks shouldn't look more like shadow than cloth, or look deeper than the ocean. In the hood, if you could call it that, two tiny blue stars shine and their gaze pierces you.

You can't move. You can't breathe. You are completely paralyzed. This thing has you totally at it's mercy.

"Welcome, unfortunate soul, to Dracula's Castle. I am Death." You can believe it. You feel like if this thing so much as twitched to hard in your direction, you'd die.

"You needn't look so panicked. I'm not here for you, yet." You can't see anything except those eyes under that hood, but you get the feeling Death's grinning. It doesn't do much to fill you with any kind of reassurance whatsoever. "I'm just here to... How to put it... Spice things up a bit. You see, the current 'Master' of this castle is a foolish charlatan. The True Master decided that he would never become my Lord, but the space remains... open, as it were. And now, that damned charlatan has decided to claim the True Master's rightful place. Now, I can't act against that fool directly, and that woman the church sent has already been captured. Which brings us to you." And the eyes shine even brighter.

"As things stand, you have no chance of escaping the castle right now. However, should you manage to kill the usurper, or break whatever trick he's using to make himself the master of this castle, it will be infinitely easier to leave." You still can't bring yourself to feel much more than pants-wetting terror, but the obvious question of 'how the hell am I supposed to do that' must've reached your eyes. "That's up to you to figure out. That Black Sword might be useful. Or it could devour your soul, and use your body as a meat-puppet. In the end, while your success is preferable to failure, I don't care if you die. Eventually, the True Master will come and put a stop to this farce. I'd just prefer it'd end sooner than later."

The stars in the hood dart to the side, and then seem to roll. "And now, the fool demands my presence. Well then, good luck you misfortunate soul." And with that, Death fades away, like he was never there in the first place. You stand rigidly for another five seconds, before collapsing. After that, it's all you can do to roll over onto your side, so that as you throw up your guts you don't choke on them. After a long minute, you manage to weakly struggle into a sitting position.

Death. Death just talked to you. Not some guy in a black cloak carrying a scythe, but an inhuman presence that was the end of life personified.

It takes a few more minutes, and a lot of deep breaths, but you you manage to calm down. So, if Death was telling the truth (and you'd have to wonder why Death would lie) this was Dracula's castle. Which explained the red moon, and the zombies at least. And some guy who wasn't Dracula was running things now. Which made sense, considering that Dracula was supposed to have been killed for real back in 1999. Wait, then who was the 'True Master'?

That's unimportant. You decide to push it out of your mind. The important thing now, is getting the hell out of this place. And if you want to do that, you'll need to do something about that 'Usurper' Death mentioned. And to do that, if the rest of this castle is just as intent on killing you, you'll need a weapon. Your eyes flick to the black blade.

[]Take the Black Sword. It'll only 'Maybe' eat my soul.
[]Examine the body and try to find supplies, or a non-soul-devouring weapon.

Chaos Greyblood
February 1st, 2012, 12:53 AM
Magician then. Here's my vote.

[x]Examine the body and try to find supplies, or a non-soul-devouring weapon.

Bloble
February 1st, 2012, 01:04 AM
Um... what's to stop us from not using the sword but taking it with us anyway? We can take it out of the corpse without actually wielding it, and take it along with us.
Seriously, it's what I would do in that situation.

EnigmaticFellow
February 1st, 2012, 01:08 AM
Real men advance the plot with risky choices.

[X]Take the Black Sword. It'll only 'Maybe' eat my soul.

Xamusel
February 1st, 2012, 01:15 AM
Same as Enigmatic Fellow... and Bloble, for that matter, so... yeah.

EnigmaticFellow
February 1st, 2012, 01:19 AM
So from what we can tell, our character is likely not a reincarnation of Dracula based from what Death told him.

Yun
February 1st, 2012, 01:22 AM
Seriously people come how is this even debatable?
[]Take the Black Sword. It'll only 'Maybe' eat my soul.<-Will decrease the difficulty level.
[]Examine the body and try to find supplies, or a non-soul-devouring weapon.<-Won't decrease the difficulty level.
Therefore a vote for option 2 is a vote for a real Castlevania experience!
[]Examine the body and try to find supplies, or a non-soul-devouring weapon.

Bloble
February 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM
Yeah, since there's only two options and you can't be smart and take the sword without using it, I'll be voting for option 2.

[]Examine the body and try to find supplies, or a non-soul-devouring weapon.

Also, tell Death to go fuck himself and throw that sword down the first endless pit you run into. Because you don't like having your soul eaten.

EnigmaticFellow
February 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM
@Yun
Your argument doesn't convince me since our character clearly lacks a whip; therefore, we're lacking in a real Castlevania experience as is.

Bloble
February 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM
>implying we need a magic weapon to fuck up Dracula's shit

Yun
February 1st, 2012, 02:00 AM
@Yun
Your argument doesn't convince me since our character clearly lacks a whip; therefore, we're lacking in a real Castlevania experience as is.A valid issue we'll need to correct as soon as possible.

EnigmaticFellow
February 1st, 2012, 02:02 AM
>implying we need a magic weapon to fuck up Dracula's shit

Indeed, we just need to hit him in the face with the patented Alucard punch.

Bloble
February 1st, 2012, 02:05 AM
It is kinda weird though.

Shad, can't we just take the sword but not use it? Or is it either possible get your soul eaten or just leave it? Because it seems weird that the student would only do one of those two things.

lantzblades
February 1st, 2012, 02:09 AM
? well dang I guess this kills that idea

have fun guys

Erlkonig
February 1st, 2012, 07:06 AM
[]Take the Black Sword. It'll only 'Maybe' eat my soul.

EnigmaticFellow
February 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
I'm glad you're of similar opinion Erl.

Gundam Meister
February 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
[]Take the Black Sword. It'll only 'Maybe' eat my soul.

this seem like the more interesting choice

Mormarth
February 1st, 2012, 07:01 PM
I smell a BAD END just waiting to happen.

Welp, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

[] TAKE UP THE SWORD OF CHAOS AND FIGHT EVIL

Airen
February 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM
[X]Examine the body and try to find supplies, or a non-soul-devouring weapon.

Sei
February 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Ominously dangerous things presenting themselves to the protagonist at the beginning of games has always led to epic for me.

Take the sword.

Shaderic
February 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
OK, for those people interested in taking the Black Sword, but not using it, I'm willing to roll with that. Just let me know how you plan on pulling it out of that guy's dead body without touching it.

Xamusel
February 1st, 2012, 10:54 PM
...I think we're screwed either way.

I say we take the sword and use it.

lantzblades
February 2nd, 2012, 05:13 AM
i know i'm not playing but i do have a suggestion guys. anyone want to hear it?

Bloble
February 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
OK, for those people interested in taking the Black Sword, but not using it, I'm willing to roll with that. Just let me know how you plan on pulling it out of that guy's dead body without touching it.

Simply. We take off our shirt or rip a piece off of the dead guy's robe, wrap it around out hands, and pull it out gingerly without it ever making contact with our skin. We can then tie it to our waist with a strip of cloth or something, and keep it without ever having touched it.

EDIT: My ears are open, Lantz!

Chaos Greyblood
February 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
So what happens now? I think we got ourselves an option.

lantzblades
February 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
EDIT: My ears are open, Lantz!

you almost got it right. you need to take off your shirt, drape it over the sword and yank the blade out by the blade and NOT the hilt. after that toss it in a box or bundle it further using drapes and pull cords. then take it with you, you never touch it or even have a chance to activate it with this method.

Bloble
February 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I'm changing my vote to what Lantz said. No need to limit ourselves to either taking it or leaving it!

As a bonus, all the women we run into will be enraptured by our student's awesome shirtlessness. If it worked for the werewolf dude from Twilight, it'll work for us!

Sei
February 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
If it worked for the werewolf dude from Twilight, it'll work for us!

*goes to laugh in corner*

whosaidthat
February 11th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Just out of curiosity, why we know so much about the Demon Castle war?

Did it go to history books or something? Also, this is probably 2036ish, maybe around 2037? Either way, I don't really want that sword to return later on the hands of someone else.

[X]Look for non-soul devouring supplies FIRST
[X]... then take the black sword that maybe will devour my soul

RLDX
February 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
[X]Take the Black Sword. It'll only 'Maybe' eat my soul.

EnigmaticFellow
February 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Now that I remember a certain novel which occurs after Dawn of Sorrow, the usurper of Castlevania might be Olrox.

Larekko12
February 20th, 2012, 03:54 AM
[x]Look for the Deadguy's weapons.

then Ask the sword if it wouldallow you to weild it.

Chaos Greyblood
February 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Let's get this going while it's alive!

Twelveseal
February 20th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Eh, just go ahead and take the sword. At this point, there's not much else to do. Of course, checking the corpse for loot is a good option too, but the sword is the main point here.

-thinks about the epic battle Soma faces against the darkness later in the story-

Shaderic
February 21st, 2012, 01:49 AM
It takes some doing, but you manage to tear down some curtains. For being in a dilapidated castle, they were in pretty good condition. From there, some careful wrapping creates a firm barrier of cloth in between you and the blade. While doing this, you make the rather inconvenient discovery that the man's belt pouches were trapped. Not through some clever observation, but through an accidental nudge with your foot. The resulting light show almost blinded you for a second, and left a large glowing gouge in the wall.

It also set the carpet on fire, but you put that out with some quick stomping at least.

Eventually, you get the hilt of the blade wrapped up, as well as the cross-guard and a portion of the blade. You debate picking it up by the blade for a second, before the idea of picking up a soul devouring sword by the sharp bit catches up with you. Grasping the covered hilt with both hands, you pull it out of the body...

Silence. Nothing happens. The body it was stuck in doesn't get up and try to attack. No more light shows. No etheral voice whispering in your ear. It's almost disapointing.

Holding it in your right hand, you lift it up to the light and flick some of the excess cloth off the blade so you can get a better look at it. The black blade barely reflects anything at all. Except for a pale splotch of light on it. You tilt your head. It tilts. Is it reflecting you?

Suddenly, your reflections sharpens into crystal clarity. Except that face grinning at you definitely isn't yours.

"Why hello there, new Meat Puppet!" When the voice echoes in you head, you throw away the sword. Or at least try to. The cloth that was supposed to insulate you from the blade wrapped itself around tightly around your hand, neatly securing it to you. And you to whatever was looking back from the blade. "Ugh, your body is pretty crappy. Almost zero capacity for magic, and no real physical conditioning either. Geeze, I know the world's a lot more boring now, but you'd think even an average teenager would have some potential to kick ass." Despite your impending doom in the form of your spirit being eaten, you muster the energy to offended. You're in pretty good shape, in your own opinion. "Oh, 'your opinion' huh? Like an 'opinion' matters!" And he can read your thoughts. Wonderful.

"Yeah, I am pretty damn awesome. Ah, but let me tell you just who the bad-ass possessing you is. I am the Killer of Kings, the Slaughterer of Armies, and the one that even the incarnation of Death itself couldn't kill! The baddest of the bad, and the meanest of the mean! I am the Almighty Gig! BWAHAHAHA!" You can see his head thown back with laughter in 'your' reflection for a moment, before his expression calms down from 'laughing super-villain' to merely that of a gloating maniac. "Now, before I can get started on the whole 'slaughter your world' thing, we gotta make a Contract. You scratch my back, I'll crush yours, that kind of thing. So, what do you want pipsqueak?"

[] Get more details
[] Wish he wouldn't kill you
[] Wish to kill the Usurper
[] Wish to escape the Castle
[] Write in

Incidentally, are you a boy or a girl?
[] Male
[] Female

Yun
February 21st, 2012, 02:15 AM
[] Wish to slaughter anything that stands between you and your life prior to arriving here.
[] Female

Xamusel
February 21st, 2012, 02:23 AM
[X] Get more details
[X] Female

By the way, fan of Soul Nomad and the World Eaters much, Shaderic?

whosaidthat
February 21st, 2012, 07:08 AM
[X]Wish to Overpower the will of the blade
[X]Female

If we ask to 'get more details' it might give it to us... and do a dead end right away.

Erlkonig
February 21st, 2012, 08:31 AM
>Gig

Welp. Game over, we got the freaking Master of Death in our side.

[] Wish to kill the Usurper
[] Male

Although later on the female ending is hilarious

Bloble
February 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
[X] Wish to kill the Usurper
[X] Male

Bring
February 21st, 2012, 09:15 AM
>Gig

Welp. Game over, we got the freaking Master of Death in our side.

[] Wish to kill the Usurper
[] Male

Although later on the female ending is hilarious

This.

Larekko12
February 21st, 2012, 09:42 AM
[x]Wish for a friend and comrade in the Sword to kick massive amounts of ass with and not for ultimately ending up with you through the usurpers heart the both of us soul and sanity in tact leaving here and going on into a career of demon hunting as badass girl and best bud sword,

[x]female/

RLDX
February 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
[X] Wish to kill the Usurper

[X] Male

EnigmaticFellow
February 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM
[X] Wish to kill the Usurper
[X] Female

Twelveseal
February 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
[X] Wish to kill the Usurper. After that, we'll see.
[X] Female

Gig huh. Trouble's a brewin'. Somebody bust out the snacks and keep him in a good mood.

Sei
February 21st, 2012, 07:59 PM
[X] Kill the Usurper,
[X] Female

It's kind of funny 'cause I listen to Rock'n Rocks when I play Castlevania all the time. :P

Chaos Greyblood
February 21st, 2012, 08:35 PM
[X] Wish to kill the Usurper. After that, we'll see.
[X] Female