PDA

View Full Version : Grand Strategy (Paradox Interactive thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Erlkonig
February 22nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Gather round, Paradox bros!

Here:
-Discuss Paradox Interactive games
-Post your Empire
-LOOK AT DEM POPS MAN

http://i44.tinypic.com/kaiy40.jpg

Byzantine campaign here

SeiKeo
February 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Oh man, I was gonna tell you to post this. YOU BITCH, NOW I'M ADDICTED TO EU

Erlkonig
February 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
I know, it's just so goooood

SeiKeo
February 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Anyways, first game is Castille, spent a decade or so beating up on Morocco, gonna roll the holy war onto Algiers soon.

Erlkonig
February 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Ahh, that's good. You need to try to remain with a majority of Core provinces though, or you'll drown in revolts. Thanks to the fact Byzantium starts with a buttload of cores, I don't have to worry about that. I've only been expanding through missions, and I grow into pretty much huge levels of power in no time.

Uploading pic of 1496, me and my vassals.

Takes a while due to huge size.

hero
February 22nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
I have started to torrent this so called EU3C.

Sayonara Bl.

SeiKeo
February 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Ahh, that's good. You need to try to remain with a majority of Core provinces though, or you'll drown in revolts. Thanks to the fact Byzantium starts with a buttload of cores, I don't have to worry about that. I've only been expanding through missions, and I grow into pretty much huge levels of power in no time.

Uploading pic of 1496, me and my vassals.

Takes a while due to huge size.

Welp, that might not be so good. I got a core event on one of the Moroccan provinces, but the rest are just annexed. What's the best way to go around getting those?

HERO YOU BASTARD I HOLD YOU TO HIGHER STANDARDS THAN ME

Erlkonig
February 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Welp, that might not be so good. I got a core event on one of the Moroccan provinces, but the rest are just annexed. What's the best way to go around getting those?

HERO YOU BASTARD I HOLD YOU TO HIGHER STANDARDS THAN ME

Missions.

Do the missions.

ALL THE MISSIONS.

At least all the ones that are core-related.

Also, pic

http://i39.tinypic.com/2dsimtl.jpg

Erlkonig
February 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
I have started to torrent this so called EU3C.

Sayonara Bl.

Also hero, you need to read the tutorial if you want to understand shit. Not the in-game one, the unofficial guide.

Leo should have it, but I also have it saved.

You want it?

EDIT: The Ultimate Colony

http://i.imgur.com/luJW8.jpg

SeiKeo
February 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Missions.

Do the missions.

ALL THE MISSIONS.

At least all the ones that are core-related.

In that case, what's the best way to get Casus Belli on an Italian nation? Or can I reject the mission and let a new one roll over?

Erlkonig
February 22nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
In that case, what's the best way to get Casus Belli on an Italian nation? Or can I reject the mission and let a new one roll over?

Hmm... Changing regions is hard. Most of the time, you'll have to get a province there, wait 50 years until it becomes a core, and then you'll start getting missions for that region. Sometimes there will be missions that'll let you core provinces that are not from your region (i.e a neighbor), but only under special circumstances (Byzantium is allowed to reclaim Italy and crush Venice, for example).

And the best way to get Casus Belli are alliances. Nothing makes a clusterfuck of wars better than a well-planned alliance system.

SeiKeo
February 23rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Aaaaand now to sit around for fifty years until Barcelona cores.

Cores why u take so long.

Five_X
February 23rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Silly Divine Wind expansion and its Warring States Japan. Better than Indian unification, at the least. Less crap going on around you, even if the whole Japanese unification system is rather weird compared to their others.

Relatively good for a "Carthago Surrectum" style campaign, however.

SeiKeo
February 23rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
After I make the crown of Castille Emperor of Africa, America, and Spain, I should to Japan and grab California.

Five_X
February 23rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Speaking of Grand Strategy games: GalCiv2 is just plain awesome.

Just thought I'd mention that. :P

Erlkonig
February 23rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
I've played GalCiv 2 too. It's really cool.

I HATE JAGGED KNIFE

Five_X
February 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hahaha, Jagged Knife. Not as bad as Dread Lords for me; when the Jagged Knife rolls around I just build literally hundreds of my simple cross-shaped troop carriers and send them at the affected planets. Nothing can survive that onslaught.

Interestingly enough, GalCiv2 is one of the few games in which I'm played in SERIOUS MODE. The main other one being AoE3.

Erlkonig
February 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Haven't played GalCiv 2 in a while.

Maybe I should go play it.

Erlkonig
February 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CV5qo.jpg

Choose the settings for me gaiz

Just to spice it up a little

SeiKeo
February 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Rare habitable planets, sparsest possible planets, star systems, and number of stars. EMPTY HUGE GALAXY

Erlkonig
February 23rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
K then, Empty huge galaxy it is.

SeiKeo
February 23rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Disclaimer: I know nothing about that game and that may be a terrible idea.

Erlkonig
February 23rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Disclaimer: I know nothing about that game and that may be a terrible idea.

You're right, it was boring as hell =/

TIME TO GO BACK TO EU3

SeiKeo
February 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
FUCK YEAH EU 3

god I'm so hooked now

Erlkonig
February 23rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
I think I'm going to stay away from Mongol Hordes now.

Now, what country would be interesting like Byzantium...

Maybe Japan?

Cruor
February 23rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I loved EU3 but when I tried out HoI I had no idea what I was doing because everything was the same color and there were too much stuff and I didn't know what to do lol.

Five_X
February 23rd, 2012, 08:52 PM
*goes to play Europa Barbarorum*

SeiKeo
February 28th, 2012, 08:55 PM
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m492/LeopardBear/EU3_MAP_CAS_160011_1.jpg

Bitches. There's this little bit from the Sinai to Judea that you can't really see. Inca, Maya, Cherokee, Tripoli are vassals, Aragon was forced into a personal union.

Erlkonig
February 28th, 2012, 11:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GQ9Ml.jpg

Revolutionary Switzerland.

I love this.

Five_X
February 29th, 2012, 12:06 AM
The penis of Italy will jizz across the Mediterranean!

Erlkonig
February 29th, 2012, 07:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KH7fR.jpg

That feel when you finally manage to mod this

http://i.imgur.com/ebnDZ.jpg

IT'S ON FUCKERS

Five_X
March 1st, 2012, 05:34 AM
Holy shit, I just played the most amazing game of AoE3 ever. Lasted a whole two and a half hours, but it was brilliant.

I was the Russians, my best faction, and it was a 3 x 3 battle on Hard. After a while the three enemies focused all on me, and they wouldn't let up. Still, I gave them hell, and managed to resist their nonstop offense for the whole two and a half hours. There was the Indians, the Spanish and the Dutch, and by far the worst were the Dutch.

I had the horrible luck of the map getting the Little Bombard mercenaries, and the AI fucking loves mercenaries. There was the Dutch, too, so it ended up that I was being smashed with wave after wave of the second best artillery piece in the game, with only shitty Cossacks to stop them.

Fortunately, I had all the right cards to make my infantry train in literally less than a second; the training bar didn't even show up. The units just instantly spawned, and this was true for all infantry but my Strelets, which trained fast anyhow. Cavalry were alright, and I managed to get a lot of use out of Cossacks.

I almost got defeated when the enemies concentrated their efforts on my first Fort, bringing it down. I managed to repel that attack eventually, but I had to make do with a bunch of haphazard blockhouses and a stable in lieu of a good Fort. The other stood, though, which was a godsend. Had they all pushed right past just enough there, I would have been utterly ruined. Luckily, I managed to pop up to Imperial to match their own Imperial troops, and gathered tons and tons of resources to rebuild my defenses and upgrade all of my relevant troops.

The real turning point, though, was when I crippled their naval power with a surprise attack; the whole game had been fought without any naval engagements up until I sent Imperial frigates and a couple Monitors to destroy their fleet and their docks. I blockaded them there, and stopped them from getting any sea-based resources, which are often the most important parts of late-game strategy.

Two of my galleons parked right on their shore, and I sent wave after wave of my troops into the Indian base. Not even all their camels, elephants and British redcoats could help them, and being so close to the shoreline made it so that they were toppled quickly. My Oprichnik raiding cavalry worked wonders against their buildings, and just as I had whittled down the Indians, I started to work on the Spanish.

That was a bit harder, since they got immediate backup from the Dutch and their endless coffers, but with some aid from my Iroquois allies (my German friends had been destroyed completely earlier in the match) I punched a hole straight through their town and destroyed their military buildings. My Oprichniks made quick work of everything that was left.

After that, there was only the Dutch left. They'd fortified their town something fierce, with a big old Fort smack in the middle of their town as well as numerous towers and, of course, those goddamn Bombards. I sent all I got at them, even though it took a long while for my Halberdiers and Cossacks and Oprichniks to reach them from the shoreline. After some intense pressure and clever maneuvering, I defeated them. It was quite, quite lovely to hear old Maurice begging for mercy. I decided to give it to him, because it's late and I ought to be getting to bed really soon.

The real key to victory here was my ability to mass-produce troops that perfectly countered what I was getting hit with. That was especially obivous when it came to the Indian camels; they were absolutely cut to ribbons by my Halberdiers, and it was really beautiful.

That was a truly fantastic battle. I hope that I can fight even harder and win even faster next time, but I could only do that as the Russians or perhaps the Germans. I'm not nearly good enough as any other faction to win against three whole Hard enemies.

Those fucking Bombards, man.

Erlkonig
March 1st, 2012, 07:38 AM
ok, now you're gonna make me download Age of Empires 3 @[email protected]

Five_X
March 11th, 2013, 11:56 PM
THIS THREAD MUST BE BACK!

Thanks to Leo for getting me hard for vicky2.

mewarmo990
March 12th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Ah, Paradox. I played dozens of hours of King Arthur until I ran into a game-stopping bug that never got fixed because it was years after most of the developers had already been laid off.

This is me who thinks the strategy part of Total War games is stupid, loving the hell out of this part-fantasy part-RPG wargame.

Coincidentally this was around the time where I was getting interested in the finer details Nasuverse lore, what with pulling the Sword from the Stone and its magic changing Arthur and the British Isles and miracles and all that. If I was someone that liked fanfiction I probably would have written something.

Reiu
March 12th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Was playing Crusader Kings II, but then lost my save file a couple months ago. I spent like eighty hours on it, and poof. Haven't touched it since then. :(

Still waiting on Europa Universalis IV though.

Five_X
March 12th, 2013, 01:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FW7rQND.jpg

Reiu
March 12th, 2013, 01:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FW7rQND.jpg

All Google reverse image search tells me is that it's an artist called Bob Ross painting happy little trees. Clarification for the ignorant peasant please?

Come to think of it I should probably try playing other nations; I almost always start with Burgundy.

Five_X
March 12th, 2013, 02:09 AM
All Google reverse image search tells me is that it's an artist called Bob Ross painting happy little trees. Clarification for the ignorant peasant please?

Come to think of it I should probably try playing other nations; I almost always start with Burgundy.

Bob Ross is the master of Paradox games, for he knows the way of the interactive map-painting simulator.

Really the whole point of Paradox games is to mess with sliders and watch pretty colours make shapes on the map. Then Germany blobs up in Vicky and makes everything terrible.

NewAgeOfPower
March 12th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Nobody here plays Sword of the Stars??!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, Paradox. I played dozens of hours of King Arthur until I ran into a game-stopping bug that never got fixed because it was years after most of the developers had already been laid off.

This is me who thinks the strategy part of Total War games is stupid, loving the hell out of this part-fantasy part-RPG wargame.

Coincidentally this was around the time where I was getting interested in the finer details Nasuverse lore, what with pulling the Sword from the Stone and its magic changing Arthur and the British Isles and miracles and all that. If I was someone that liked fanfiction I probably would have written something.

The strategy part was executed kinda weirdly.

Early game mass spies + snowballing early unit missions for free cavalry allows you to quickly nom a significant amount of land- and if you grab some place easily defendable, ex Scandinavia in TW2, you'd be set for most of the rest of the game.

Petrikow
March 12th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Was playing Crusader Kings II, but then lost my save file a couple months ago. I spent like eighty hours on it, and poof. Haven't touched it since then. :(

Still waiting on Europa Universalis IV though.

You poor soul.

Iīve spent some >100 hours on CK2 on steam

I donīt have EU3 on steam but Iīve probably played that game for >300 hours or something like that

>100 hours on Vicky 2 as well.

Map painting is my soul.

Iīm so glad paradox got wiz for EU4. if you havenīt, then try his mod for EU3 (EU3+). Itīs makes the game really hard but also really satisfying.

I guess I can post my latest CK2 game...

http://i.imgur.com/1g2qQRP.jpg

SeiKeo
March 12th, 2013, 09:46 AM
>taking germania

Turn in your eagle.

AggroAnnabelle
March 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I have wasted so much time on CK2.. If you micromanage everything it is so epic in scope and length! Has anyone tried the new paradox one, "War of the Eagles" or whatever? Not AS interested in that timeperiod of history but it looks awesome in the same vein as HOI 2

Seika
March 12th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Iīm so glad paradox got wiz for EU4. if you havenīt, then try his mod for EU3 (EU3+). Itīs makes the game really hard but also really satisfying.
Huh. I've been working my way through his LPs this last week (the Crete of infamy is buried away from me as a non-goon, but Hohenzollern Rising and Azerbaijan have been sweet). Interesting news. Possibly pends a slightly more sane set of nations outside Europe, judging by his threads.

SeiKeo
March 12th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Well right now Wiz is actually on the V2 expansion but he'll probably be on EU4 eventually.

Five_X
March 12th, 2013, 02:04 PM
HoD when plz

SeiKeo
March 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Literally soon.

Five_X
March 12th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Not soon enough! :<

Maybe Paradox will even bother to release a third expansion, one that fixes the silly AI and their confusing preference for chunks of English territory and their apparent inability to board troops on ships.

In my next game, I feel like playing Spain and seeing if I can stay afloat. Spain seems like the perfect country to choose, since it's not as indomitable as a game-start GP, but horrifically underpowered like a minor or a non-Japan unciv.

Petrikow
March 12th, 2013, 06:06 PM
They delayed it from 2013 Q1 to Q2 by the way...

Maybe Paradox will even bother to release a third expansion, one that fixes the silly AI and their confusing preference for chunks of English territory and their apparent inability to board troops on ships.

The AI has always been an issue in Paradox Games. The reason I'm glad they picked up wiz is because he's good at calibrating the AI, something which is in dire need of improvement.

Huh. I've been working my way through his LPs this last week (the Crete of infamy is buried away from me as a non-goon, but Hohenzollern Rising and Azerbaijan have been sweet). Interesting news. Possibly pends a slightly more sane set of nations outside Europe, judging by his threads.

It's not like EU3 has sane nations inside of Europe either

one word: BOHEMIA

But yeah his calibration of the AI makes the world a lot more sane, special props for making the AI colonise with less randomness.

Five_X
March 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Alas, the days when the Papal States wanted to conquer Ethiopia are at their end. :(

Five_X
March 14th, 2013, 03:43 PM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?675112-HoD-DD-4-%E2%80%93-Wars-and-The-Military&

New DevDiary. No more justifying wars while at war. Oh god, what do I do now? ;__;

SeiKeo
March 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Suck it up and take the infamy like the warmongerer you are.

>No warscore cap on battles
>progressive warscore for occupying goals
>Liberate nation
>non-instant mobilization
>Battle plans

would literally buy hod just for this stuff

Petrikow
March 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
It's like they just took a bunch of stuff from CK2, EU3 and HoI and inserted into Vicky 2!

I'm not complaining.

Five_X
March 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I guess I'll just have to set up my WGs in advance, then. :/

Erlkonig
March 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
unified paradox setting when

steppe wulf doesn't count

Five_X
March 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Real hardcore fans either just back to the older games and savegame import, or they mod their saves and games to import CK2 -> EU3 -> V2 -> HoI3

SeiKeo
March 15th, 2013, 01:36 AM
In the most technical sense that doesn't work, there's a 15 yearish gap between EU3 and V2 :3

Five_X
March 15th, 2013, 01:39 AM
In the most technical sense that doesn't work, there's a 15 yearish gap between EU3 and V2 :3

That's why the most hardcore fans modify EU3's end date.

And, in the most technical sense that also doesn't work; there's a -50 yearish gap between CK2 and EU3. :3

Petrikow
March 15th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Well, you can just start EU3 from the 1450's. In fact you can start EU3 at any point between 1399-1820.

It's funny to look around the dates and see what stats Paradox has allocated to certain rulers.

Five_X
March 15th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I wish you could start Vicky2 from any date, but that would be really hard what with the POPs and major events and stuff. :/

Five_X
March 18th, 2013, 02:44 AM
So the HoD expansion will also include tooltips explaining why the AI isn't accepting your proposals and whatnot, so we can finally understand why GPs will never accept offers of friendship:

"Desires better alliance -----"

Petrikow
March 20th, 2013, 07:40 AM
> You are 10 times stronger than them.
>"Desires a better alliance"
Paradox pls

Five_X
March 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM
> You are 10 times stronger than them.
>"Desires a better alliance"
Paradox pls

Ethiopia so haughty, it denies an alliance with German Empire.

Petrikow
March 20th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Crusader Kings 2: The Old Gods Development Diary #1 (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?676756-Crusader-Kings-II-The-Old-Gods-Dev-Diary-1-A-Different-Europe)

>Traversable rivers
>All pagans have different mechanics
>Looting & sacking
>New graphics for pagans
>One Zoroastrian screenshot

Not too much, but it's cool nonetheless.

SeiKeo
March 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Traversable rivers is cool. Max viking.

Erlkonig
March 20th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Traversable rivers? Sounds amazing.

Five_X
March 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Also, 867 start date is very nice. Super nice, in fact.

Daneel Rush
March 21st, 2013, 03:01 AM
Also, 867 start date is very nice. Super nice, in fact.

This. This is awesome.

Five_X
March 21st, 2013, 02:44 PM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?677178-HoD-DD-5-%E2%80%93-Colonies-in-the-Heart-of-Darkness

New colonization system. Seems pretty cool, and it's totally not at all like EU3 colonies gaiz

With all these additions, like the crises and new colonies and stuff, I wonder if the AI will be able to properly keep up, or if it'll just end up tripping over itself. I can imagine the German Empire crumbling in the late game because it decides that helping Ethiopia reacquire cores is like the best idea ever and no one agrees.

Cruor
March 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM
New colonization for EUIV is also pretty cool.

Petrikow
March 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Colonisation is always one of those things that are hard to get right but I feel that Heart of Darkness, with the crisis system and the new naval stuff might actually be able to semi-accurately simulate the way it was handled in the 19th century.

Good stuff.

Also, now the Austrian Empire won't be as stable, since it will probably have to deal with a million crises, same for the Ottomans (It's still a gimmick that Britbongland is divided up into British and Irish culture pops).

Five_X
March 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM
Paradox, getting rid of all the cheap exploits, snatching them right from our grubby little hands. :(

Though, I guess we'll still be able to conquer random African countries prior to the Scramble for Africa, and use those as a springboard to colonize harder. Still, no more colonizing just by setting an NF and plopping down a couple thousand troops in every province of Africa... I guess it's good to excise simplicity. :p

There won't be any cheap CB justifying while winning a war to grab max land, or building tons of capital ships to improve your ranking, or annexing Egypt to jump ahead of everyone else in conquering deepest Africa, or instantly mobilizing to beat everyone to death in a defensive war. The latter is good, though, if you're trying to defeat a nation like Russia or Germany, though, since it'll prevent their stupidly big hordes from immediately marching over and destroying everything you love in a matter of days. I bet the next dev diary is going to reveal that State Capitalism is being remove from the game, and how you'll no longer be able to build or invest in factories. D:

Overall, though, looks like the game is really being fleshed out. Good thing the CK expansion won't be expensive, since this one naturally will. I'm not sure even AHD had this much content.

SeiKeo
March 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM
It's a Paradox expansion, 20 bux at absolute most.

Five_X
March 21st, 2013, 09:39 PM
Vicky expansions are basically pretty expensive compared to CK2's bite-sized DLCs. On the other hand, I am not buying a goddamn song pack for two bucks, Paradox. :/

Petrikow
March 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
There was a livestream for all GSGs currently in development today. You can watch it here. (http://sv.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/382958953)

Interesting tidbit is that Heart of Darkness comes out April 16th

SeiKeo
March 27th, 2013, 01:14 PM
YFW when as an unciv you get westernization progress by conquering other uncivs.

Five_X
March 27th, 2013, 02:07 PM
YFW when as an unciv you get westernization progress by conquering other uncivs.

As if Japan wasn't the easiest unciv already.

(I'm at work, Paradox bros plz tell me cool things that show up in livestream)

Petrikow
March 27th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I guess I'll post some interesting things that they haven't really covered yet in DDs or interviews.

HoD:

- The national stockpile is now divided into three parts, Naval stock, Army stock and Industrial stock.
- Party loyalty is now a dynamic thing. If your current ruling party loses a war or negotiates badly in a crisis, they will lose loyalty.
- There is a core for Jan Mayen, a useless Norwegian island with 11 population at the start of the game.
- Newspapers are biased, especially if you have censored or state-controlled press. Nations might censor military losses into victories and communists will report a lot on the spreading of the revolution.
- They have tried balancing the AI for capitalists so they don't build useless factories.

TOG

- You can reform the faith of pagans, which makes them behave more like a conventional religion. This allows you to change your succession away from Gavelkind, for example, while still retaining other pagan mechanics, but it will however cause your vassals to become more complacent and unwilling to fight as much (you get opinion minuses for keeping up your levies). In the norse's case you need to control 5 holy sites and have 500 piety to perform the decision.
- Norse can go raiding. To do this you have to toggle one of your armies as a raiding party, which makes you hostile to people whose territory you are on. This allows you to plunder provinces and bring the cash to a nearby boat, which carries the loot. To actually use the loot you need to bring your boat back home.
- There are new de jure empires. Wendish empire in Poland and the Baltic. Tartaria in the steppelands below Russia. Carpathia around the Carpathian mountains. Italy is now part of de jure Byzantine Empire.
- Technology has been revamped. You now get points every month to invest into your technology of choosing. Certain factors influence how many points you get.
- You can capture people when you take over holdings, such as the children of important rulers, allowing you to hold them for ransoms. If you capture a woman as a Norse pagan you can take them as your concubine.
- Christians and Muslims can send their chaplains to convert pagans.

EUIV:

- Japan is remade. It now actually is far more historical. It doesn't have the weird Daimyo system anymore and instead works around all the clans of Japan being a vassal to the Emperor, but still allows them to fight amongst themselves.
- Hotjoin is available in MP. It allows people to join a game in session.
- There are TONS of more map-modes. Like in the new CK2 patch, they are all available to put into a "hotbar" of your favorites while remaining mostly hidden otherwise.
- The Mamelukes have unique national ideas. This is promising since they're rather low on the priority tier list.
- Diplomatic points are used to maintain relations, and even stuff like vassals. A bad diplomatic monarch will have difficulty keeping vassals in check.
- Advisors are now actually pretty expensive. They become more and more expensive as the game goes on.
- There are some interesting trade routes. Mexico to Japan for example, just in case the east Asians colonise the New World.
- There is a button called "combat our inflation". They did not explain it.
- There is a national idea that everyone can get, under administrative, that gives 1 more advisor slot.
- Burgundy can transform into the Netherlands.
- China has been remade, but it is still restricted by the several factions, it does, however, start out as the by far strongest state in the game.
- Manpower now recovers slower, comparable to EU3+ (WIIIIIIIZ)

SeiKeo
March 27th, 2013, 03:26 PM
oh shit party loyalty

more map modes

alt history trade routes

WIZ

so gud

Five_X
March 27th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I guess I'll post some interesting things that they haven't really covered yet in DDs or interviews.

HoD:

- There is a core for Jan Mayen, a useless Norwegian island with 11 population at the start of the game.

Ahahahahaha oh fuck they actually did it

TOG

- Norse can go raiding. To do this you have to toggle one of your armies as a raiding party, which makes you hostile to people whose territory you are on. This allows you to plunder provinces and bring the cash to a nearby boat, which carries the loot. To actually use the loot you need to bring your boat back home.
- You can capture people when you take over holdings, such as the children of important rulers, allowing you to hold them for ransoms. If you capture a woman as a Norse pagan you can take them as your concubine.

So, in TOG we can do actual raping and pillaging. Fuck yeah.

EUIV:

- Japan is remade. It now actually is far more historical. It doesn't have the weird Daimyo system anymore and instead works around all the clans of Japan being a vassal to the Emperor, but still allows them to fight amongst themselves.
- China has been remade, but it is still restricted by the several factions, it does, however, start out as the by far strongest state in the game.

Finally, Paradox is moving away from their hero-worship of the mighty whitey. We'll have to see how Vicky3 turns out, to see if they've really reformed themselves from the way they handled non-Westerners in EU3 and V2.

Five_X
March 28th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Last DD for Heart of Darkness:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?678931-Heart-of-Darkness-%E2%80%93-DD6-%E2%80%93-Industry-Improvements

Pretty ordinary stuff all around. Capitalists are supposed to be less retarded, and factories are more intuitive. What's most interesting and new, I guess, is that you get an influence bonus with your puppets and released dominions. Certainly, Paradox seems to be leaning well towards making releasing nations more than just something you do to drop excess infamy.

Petrikow
March 28th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah, basically just stuff that should have been there in the first place.

Five_X
March 28th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, basically just stuff that should have been there in the first place.

Isn't that what pretty much every Paradox expansion is about? :V

Petrikow
March 28th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Isn't that what pretty much every Paradox expansion is about? :V

Well, there are differences about balancing and explicit additions. For example, the Colonization system and Naval system didn't not necessarily need an overhaul, but they are two of the main drawing points of the expansion. On the other hands, balancing factories and making the AI better is more patch-material.

AggroAnnabelle
April 1st, 2013, 08:20 AM
Guys I've always had CKII but I just bought the Republic and the Mediterranean Portrait / Song pack. Playing as a Republic is just fresh enough to get me back into this game.. I have a great game as Venice going where I've taken all of Croatia and Serbia

Cruor
April 1st, 2013, 02:52 PM
Since when did this game get so hard.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/867215506068119587/51A1EBB3F876662C97E97CFEAD74EB34A5F3A86A/

Erlkonig
April 1st, 2013, 03:07 PM
what the fuck xD

Cruor
April 1st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Best April Fools.

Muh dragons OP.

Five_X
April 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
what is this

Erlkonig
April 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
How playable is that mod Cruor?

AggroAnnabelle
April 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Man, every game as Venice or Pisa or Genoa involves me getting owned by the Holy Roman Empire or Byzantines for no apparent reason!

Cruor
April 1st, 2013, 06:50 PM
How playable is that mod Cruor?

Its fun. Well, first you need to take out the seven kingdoms first or else your ass is raped when your men are pretty much are at the equivalent of the other side of the world. Not to mention that an invasion from either side is pretty hard to do because lol not enough boats.

Dragons are still OP as fuck (if you don't know Dragons in GoT mod can sack one building/castle for free every few days straight away and during battles pretty much instakill 2000 units and drop all discipline to 0. There are slight chances to kill them though) and I dun't think you can start at a later date to get rid of them.

It still is decently hard to take over the Seven Kingdoms though (as rebellions fucking everywhere). But yeah, phr33 casus belle because dragon rape.

what is this
April Fools for the GoT mod. They said they would add in Essos but when you play it, it is actually Europe.

Petrikow
April 2nd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Romania strong:

http://i.imgur.com/QqZiYdA.pngRomania (or rather Moldavia) starts in a peculiar situation where over 50% of their upper house are reactionaries. I used that to make the upper house "Ruling Party only" and then reversed all the political reforms. Including slavery.

Come 1917: Romania is a great power with a huge colonial empire full of slaves picking cotton and rubber.

Cruor
April 2nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
I posted this last night in notes but didn't here.

Dumb horse men horde thinks they can mess with THE DRAGON.

http://i.imgur.com/oMR3OPh.jpg

Really, this game is complete rape if you manage to unite the seven into the mighty dragon kingdom within 10 years. If you don't, enjoy fighting civil wars for 200 years. Srsly, I raped the hordes and Spain so much that when I went after France they just surrendered right away without fighting.

I have something like a 130k Army right now with pretty much all my vassals loving me. But the problem is muh heir. He's hated by fucking everyone because he has an insane dragon that randomly attacks my own provinces.

Five_X
April 2nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Romania strong:

http://i.imgur.com/QqZiYdA.pngRomania (or rather Moldavia) starts in a peculiar situation where over 50% of their upper house are reactionaries. I used that to make the upper house "Ruling Party only" and then reversed all the political reforms. Including slavery.

Come 1917: Romania is a great power with a huge colonial empire full of slaves picking cotton and rubber.

You should have conquered China.

Petrikow
April 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
You should have conquered China.

The Romanian army was a sack of shit until like, 1880.

Venerable Romanian Government had to lessen investments in the military development side in order to educate it's honorable people in the art of being subjugated before the Absolute Monarchy and as such all thinking went into commerce, culture and industry. Except machine guns, or as we call them back in Romania; "Automated Slave Drivers".

AggroAnnabelle
April 2nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Obligatory Ceaucescu comment!

Five_X
April 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
The Romanian army was a sack of shit until like, 1880.

Venerable Romanian Government had to lessen investments in the military development side in order to educate it's honorable people in the art of being subjugated before the Absolute Monarchy and as such all thinking went into commerce, culture and industry. Except machine guns, or as we call them back in Romania; "Automated Slave Drivers".

Dude China is an unciv; conquering them is easy pie. Just park your armies around whatever you want to conquer (probably where all the millions of POPs are in the north) and then go to town taking any lands you want. The thing is, if your army is at least a 10 stack or so, uncivs won't go near you. Maybe even less is acceptable.

Take China, get pops, get infinite soldiers.

Petrikow
April 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Dude China is an unciv; conquering them is easy pie. Just park your armies around whatever you want to conquer (probably where all the millions of POPs are in the north) and then go to town taking any lands you want. The thing is, if your army is at least a 10 stack or so, uncivs won't go near you. Maybe even less is acceptable.

Take China, get pops, get infinite soldiers.

You are severely underestimating the shittiness of the Romanian army. Seriously it was so hilariously bad I had trouble against Egypt.

Also the Chinese modernized in the 70s :(

Five_X
April 3rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
You are severely underestimating the shittiness of the Romanian army. Seriously it was so hilariously bad I had trouble against Egypt.

Also the Chinese modernized in the 70s :(

You are too terrible, Petri. You must into Yugoslavia. :<

It's so game-y but so fun, if you're in North/South America or are Ottomans/British/Russians, to smack down China and take their good land. If you're in Europe, just wait until the Scramble For Africa, making sure that the Egyptians don't modernize before then, and then you might get a chance to annex them despite all their territories. It depends on how much of a beating they get from the Ottomans, and how hard they whack the Ethiopians.

AggroAnnabelle
April 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
If there is a resident expert, could I get some CKII help? I don't understand the rhyme or reason behind what intrigue plots are avail. to me. I can have a high intrigue leader and spymaster, and only 1 option to kill a random woman... Then I have a low intrigue leader and suddenly I have all these options to usurp counties, revoke counties, etc. What is the trick to making good intrigue options show up?

Also, why is it that sometimes when I fabricate a claim, and it works, the only option to choose from is "Let it go" instead of "Use it"? Thanks!

Petrikow
April 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
You are too terrible, Petri. You must into Yugoslavia. :<

It's so game-y but so fun, if you're in North/South America or are Ottomans/British/Russians, to smack down China and take their good land. If you're in Europe, just wait until the Scramble For Africa, making sure that the Egyptians don't modernize before then, and then you might get a chance to annex them despite all their territories. It depends on how much of a beating they get from the Ottomans, and how hard they whack the Ethiopians.

Well, yeah, that's what I did that game. Annex Egypt in one big swoop.

If there is a resident expert, could I get some CKII help? I don't understand the rhyme or reason behind what intrigue plots are avail. to me. I can have a high intrigue leader and spymaster, and only 1 option to kill a random woman... Then I have a low intrigue leader and suddenly I have all these options to usurp counties, revoke counties, etc. What is the trick to making good intrigue options show up?

Also, why is it that sometimes when I fabricate a claim, and it works, the only option to choose from is "Let it go" instead of "Use it"? Thanks!

IIRC you can only fabricate claims on titles on people who are superior to you in terms of titles, so if you're a king that's pretty much off the table. You can however, choose to assassinate anyone with plots. Click the little icon to the bottom left of a character's portrait and you should be able to choose to kill them using a plot.

The last question though... I'm not sure. I've only seen that happen when you already have a claim on the place you're trying to fabricate a claim on (when I forget to move the chancellor). Maybe that's it?

AggroAnnabelle
April 6th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I got screwed over, I had a big republic that was almost all of Italy, then my ruler died and my shitty brother took over who had 5 stewardship, so I started taking tax penalties and all the vassals got pissed off at me, then when he died, they all revolted against my new ruler in the chaos.. Thus, I ragequit. Time to start over

Etzel
April 6th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Oh, joy. A thread for my favorite genre of games I can never finish a single match for.

I haven't touched CK2 since the Islam content, but I'm waiting for the next time its DLC goes on sale so I can take another whirl with the game and play as a country other than Sweden. Since I always end up playing as them. I blame my love for Gustav Adolf II, even if he didn't exist yet.

AggroAnnabelle
April 6th, 2013, 07:32 PM
You have to get the Republic! It is so good. There is even a default republic up in Sweden to play as. That DLC is what reinvigorated me about the game.

Petrikow
April 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Oh, joy. A thread for my favorite genre of games I can never finish a single match for.

I haven't touched CK2 since the Islam content, but I'm waiting for the next time its DLC goes on sale so I can take another whirl with the game and play as a country other than Sweden. Since I always end up playing as them. I blame my love for Gustav Adolf II, even if he didn't exist yet.

Fun fact: Gustavus Adolphus is the best ruler in EU3. He has 9/9/9 in stats and is the second best general in the as a ruler-converted-general.

Etzel
April 6th, 2013, 11:49 PM
You have to get the Republic! It is so good. There is even a default republic up in Sweden to play as. That DLC is what reinvigorated me about the game.

:O

I need this in order to continue living.

Fun fact: Gustavus Adolphus is the best ruler in EU3. He has 9/9/9 in stats and is the second best general in the as a ruler-converted-general.

I knew he had max stats, but... Does no one else share them? Really?

Petrikow
April 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM

I knew he had max stats, but... Does no one else share them? Really?

Peter the Great and Frederick the Great do but Peter is a terrible General. Fritz comes close though iirc.

Cruor
April 7th, 2013, 09:52 PM

I think he's talking about Gotland. Instead of being next to those assholes HRE and Byzantine and those shitty muslim hordes you are instead next to the wonderful Vikings, Nords, Russians, Sweedes, and all those other fun people. -_________-.

Only advantage is that a lot of them are at a war with each other in the beginning and won't focus on your puny island for awhile.

Etzel
April 7th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Peter the Great and Frederick the Great do but Peter is a terrible General. Fritz comes close though iirc.

Ah right, Peter had straight 9's. Thanks for the reminders.

I think he's talking about Gotland. Instead of being next to those assholes HRE and Byzantine and those shitty muslim hordes you are instead next to the wonderful Vikings, Nords, Russians, Sweedes, and all those other fun people. -_________-.

Only advantage is they are a lot of them are at a war with each other in the beginning or something.

What would Crusader Kings 2 be without the risk? Not hals as fun, imo. Some of the most memorable moments of playing the game involve losing.

Cruor
April 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM
For free for not sure how long (http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-III-Chronicles/5000728/).

Petrikow
April 11th, 2013, 03:07 AM
For free for not sure how long (http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-III-Chronicles/5000728/).

It's over now.

Speaking of which, Victoria 1 & 2 + AHD is 75% off in the ParadoxShop (http://www.paradoxplaza.com/shop).

Cruor
April 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Are you supposed to put all units on AI control in HoI3? Or am I playing this wrong.

AggroAnnabelle
April 14th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Playing wrong I think, you control them just like in any paradox game

Cruor
April 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I reworded it. I mean, you can play using the units, its just that controlling trade and conducting any kind of invasion in HoI is legit impossible by yourself.

So I kinda just went and made the theaters it wanted and then put them both under AI controlled and watched it fight the whole war by itself.

Should mention I was playing Germany which is probably the reason why I had this problem (as in smaller countries might not experience this).

You also can't abuse huge stacks like other Paradox games (srsly I seen 32k armies lose to my 8k ones).

Petrikow
April 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
HoD out.

Shit needs patches.

Paradox you said you were supposed to be better at playtesting now :(

Mellon
April 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Paradox. Working at release. Does not compute.

SeiKeo
April 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
These dominion borders are making my fingers twitch. These dominion names are even worse. New colonial game is way too much micro.

But Crises and westernization progress from war own, so I'll call it successful.

AggroAnnabelle
April 17th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I had a rage at Crusader Kings 2 last night, I unicorned up my succession laws and then I couldn't re vote for 10 years and my leader died, I had no prior save, and everything got all unicorned up.

Petrikow
April 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
These dominion borders are making my fingers twitch. These dominion names are even worse. New colonial game is way too much micro.

But Crises and westernization progress from war own, so I'll call it successful.

Crises are super wonky. 2random4me

SeiKeo
April 17th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Anything which causes a world war against the UK in 1840 is pretty ok in my book.

mewarmo990
April 17th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I think I was just seduced into buying a video game.

http://youtu.be/Vxxnq5YAVHw

White Winter
April 18th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Wow, there's a thread for this. I miss all my Grand Strategies. Especially Kaiserreich. So unpredictable.

I remember one time I was playing as Totalist Japan, and after the Russian Civil War, things somehow ended up with Finland owning most of northern Russia, breakaway Turkistan occupying Moscow and Don-Kuban Union all the way up to the Ukraine border, and the Ottoman Empire ending up in a never-ending threeway war with Georgia and Persia.

Five_X
April 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM
Anything which causes a world war against the UK in 1840 is pretty ok in my book.

According to HoD, Washington state is the most valuable and fought over territory in the world, causing even more strife than Alsace-Lorraine.

Petrikow
April 21st, 2013, 04:30 PM
According to HoD, Washington state is the most valuable and fought over territory in the world, causing even more strife than Alsace-Lorraine.

>8th liberation of Alsace-Lorraine.

FRANCE, YOU'VE BECOME A PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC THREE TIMES, A PRESIDENTIAL DICTATORSHIP TWICE AND ABOLISHED THE MONARCHY FOUR TIMES, JUST FOR THIS ONE PROVINCE.

THERE IS A LIMIT TO HOW STUBBORN YOU CAN BE AND WE HAVE CLEARLY PASSED IT.

Five_X
April 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
Well, the expansion really does seem to make rebellions show up a lot more. I've seen the Ottoman Empire collapse into Turkey in the 1850s, Italy form even before that due to Austria losing sphered Italian minors, and only Spain seems to be doing kinda well. I do like how the USSR is red instead of standard Russia green, though.

SeiKeo
April 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM
HoD rebels own, I was lazy in dealing with a communist revolution and took my time eliminating rebels all over, didn't pay attention to my capitol, and boom, communist Japanese empire.

Then I fought the British imperialists for north India. the internationale unites the human race, comrades

Petrikow
April 22nd, 2013, 03:23 AM
Rather divided in decency than united in terribleness.

Petrikow
April 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
pls gibe signups (http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/cba8db9492f)

Five_X
April 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
pls gibe signups (http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/cba8db9492f)

Poor Petri. :(

In other news, with EvW coming out whenever and TOG in May, I kinda want to play a game that goes from 867 to 1991... if only it were possible, stupid save game converters. ;_;

Petrikow
April 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Paradox streamed some EUIV today.

You can catch it on the archives of their Twitch stream.

Cruor
April 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Random stupid question, what's the song the plays during the menu/loading screen of the WW1 HoI3 mod?

Petrikow
May 8th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Best Old Gods Dev Diary. (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?687343-Crusader-Kings-II-The-Old-Gods-Dev-Diary-5-Events-Decisions-and-Zoroastrians)

Cruor
May 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
How does I play Darkest Hour. I feel like a chicken with my head cut off.

I started paying it cause I heard how cool Kaiserreich (alternate history mod where Germany wins WW1 and saves Russia from the Reds. But during the chaos after WW1 occupation France is the one that suffers the Red revolution and Britain also suffers soon one. I also heard something about a Second American Civil War. I hear France starts WWII in Kaiserreich but as I said I have no clue when that happens) happening is and I heard EvW was prolly gonna be like DH so I went okay why not. I thought it was gonna be like HOI3 but it was like HOI3 combined with VII- more micromanagement based then VII but not as much as HOI3 (unless you have like half your units+ on AI controlled blitzkrieg then HOI3 takes no skill lololololol). It also doesn't have all the hotkeys I'm used to. I also don't know when certain events happen or if they do in the first place (especially if I try playing Kaiserreich).

Nerdguy
May 12th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Is it just me or did they made Westernization in V2:HoD a lot easier?

SeiKeo
May 12th, 2013, 11:20 PM
They made it way easier lol, conquer RP is best change. Westernized by 1845 yes please

Five_X
May 12th, 2013, 11:34 PM
"And that, son, is how the Tokugawa Shogunate emerged onto the world stage as a true modern power in the 1840s, shortly after conquering the parts of the East Indies not owned by the British."

Cruor
May 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I'm a total autistic faggot and accidentally bought two copies of the Republic. So if anyone wants one I give key.

Also I have an extra key of CK2, Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam, and uhh I think that's it? its cuz of the dumb all DLC in one pack.

Or should I just go outright post the keys seeing as no one answered when I asked if anyone wanted Civ5.

Five_X
May 24th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I have a few IRL friends I'm trying to convert from HoI to CK2; I could use the help, Cruor!

Cruor
May 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Sent.

Now seriously, anyone want Civ5?

Jemnite
May 24th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Sent.

Now seriously, anyone want Civ5?
Can I have free stuff?

Nerdguy
May 25th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Awww... I missed the free stuff giveaway
Anyway, V2 question: What do I get for building the Suez canal? (Other than the obvious) Do I get a bonus in income? Can every country in the world use it? Can my enemies use it while in a war? Is it worth it?

Cruor
May 25th, 2013, 02:52 AM
iirc nothing really. I built it as Japan during one game and all it did was give France the easiest possible way to send their Navy to me after taking that small province where the Suez was.

It was really funny when my allies during the Second Great War, Prussia and Austria-Hungary sent the entirety of both their navies through the canal to the small South East Asian countries (Phillipines, Java, etc.) to attack the small British islands I didn't own. What's funny is that I had already taken them all by the time they got there so they just afked with no supplies in the middle of the ocean around my territory. It was so pointless. Though I think I topped it a bit later in the wasting my time thing by sending 140k troops to Africa to attack the French and British colonies (the sides was pretty much WWII except without US, who was my ally, who didn' want anything to do with this shit) that I didn't think they had any men defending but since they actually had like 15k troops there they instantly gimped the 140k units because lolololololol no supplies.

Erlkonig
May 25th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Game of Thrones mod expanding to Essos.

My god, the map is going to be HUGE.

SeiKeo
May 25th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Awww... I missed the free stuff giveaway
Anyway, V2 question: What do I get for building the Suez canal? (Other than the obvious) Do I get a bonus in income? Can every country in the world use it? Can my enemies use it while in a war? Is it worth it?

Prestige and the transport route. I'm pretty sure it's closed to anybody you're at war with.

Cruor
May 25th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Game of Thrones mod expanding to Essos.

My god, the map is going to be HUGE.

Its actually only about half of Essos. (http://i.imgur.com/KYpBc0p.jpg) What's really funny is that even in that pic we still don't see the coast of the eastern shore.

Everything west of the middle area of the Dorthraki Sea is being added though. Which is amazing enough. But no Qarth or playable Dorthraki hordes yet.

Also if you think that was huge check out this last mod I got.

http://i.imgur.com/BVbrqmX.jpg

Map is retardedly huge. But I got to play as glorious Nippon and I fully intend to make the Dai Nippon before making the Japanese horde invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Prestige and the transport route. I'm pretty sure it's closed to anybody you're at war with.

It becomes a small territory you own that's in the middle of Egypt. So if they attack and take that province they can use it.

SeiKeo
May 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Yep, that's why you wanna fortify it.

Five_X
May 25th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Map is retardedly huge. But I got to play as glorious Nippon and I fully intend to make the Dai Nippon before making the Japanese horde invasion.

>Fujiwara Duchy

my sides

Cruor
May 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Oh right, I should mention that was the de jure empires not the actual game map. Game map is actually pretty legit (though, I'm unsure how accurate India and the slightly more southeast areas are). It also has some really weird de jure Kingdoms. And Europe looks stretched as fuck.

Those real south east places (where Singapore, Java, etc. are) are outright imba in my opinion. They have multiple places with ability to have 6 cities/castles each. Only Egypt (Alexandria and Cairo iirc) has that shit in the normal CK2, I believe. 6 six cities thing is usually only put in the retardedly strong places at the time period like Constantinople, Baghdad, Alexandria etc. Even London, Wien, Kiev, Orleans, and maybe Paris? Are all 4-5 things each at max. Like, that's okay with Japan because it simulates a feeling of high population density on the small island country but its mad strange for there to be like 3-5 of them in some of those kingdoms.

And yeah, it went right back to the whole Fujiwara/Taira/Minamoto/whateverthefourthoneisthatItotallyforgot thing that was the problem of EU3. Though, it does make shit easier that Japan is led by the Emperor and no Shogun (because they'd need to make their own system for that). Mod creator did say however he intends to create a proper system for the Asian countries but just wanted to put the map out first.

Five_X
May 25th, 2013, 07:30 PM
And yeah, it went right back to the whole Fujiwara/Taira/Minamoto/whateverthefourthoneisthatItotallyforgot thing that was the problem of EU3. Though, it does make shit easier that Japan is led by the Emperor and no Shogun (because they'd need to make their own system for that). Mod creator did say however he intends to create a proper system for the Asian countries but just wanted to put the map out first.

Well, in 1066, the divide between the Taira, Fujiwara and Minamoto clans makes sense, since that's near the leadup to the Genpei War. However, EU3 starts at the earliest in 1399, when the Minamoto-founded Kamakura shogunate was fading in strength and the Seingoku era was about to begin. It doesn't make too much sense that, at the beginning of EU3, your goal as a Japanese faction is to "unite Japan and become Shogun." :/

Cruor
May 25th, 2013, 07:34 PM
EU4 is going to make more sense, supposedly. There's going to be 16 different factions.

Five_X
May 25th, 2013, 08:07 PM
EU4 is going to make more sense, supposedly. There's going to be 16 different factions.

sengoku jidai event chain plz paradox

SeiKeo
May 25th, 2013, 08:09 PM
honestly nobody gives a shit about asia in EU anyways and nobody should

Petrikow
May 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
True dat.

I was thinking about playing India but realized that if the Europeans just as much as look in my direction I'm fucked.

Well, if I play Vanilla I might have conquered all of Asia at that point, but I only play EU3+ these days, so no dice.

I just played a game as Brandenburg, and formed Germany in EU3+. Actually challenging. Though you often get the feeling that the AI is cheating. Just walking 20% morale armies into 1 cavarly and they just all die.

Five_X
May 25th, 2013, 09:09 PM
honestly nobody gives a shit about africa in EU anyways and nobody should

Fixed!

Cruor
May 25th, 2013, 10:17 PM
honestly nobody gives a shit about asia in EU anyways and nobody should

>Game start
>open console
>ti
>sell province to france/austria/etc.
>westernize
>take land back
>be the first to colonize western United States fuck over China and all Asia.

What's funny is that some Paradox members even use this abuse. Once when they were doing a teamwide showing of EU3 someone went and did this and ended up retardedly strong and everyone got buttfrustrated.

Petrikow
May 25th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Come on, using the console is actually just cheating.

Cruor
May 26th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Fucking finally (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?689900-Modern-Age-Mod-for-Heart-of-Darkness). I been annoyed since HoD came out that I could play these again.

And I only said the ti thing because when the Paradox guy did it on stream, he was like, the Golden Horde or something. Everyone went OMGWTF. Apparently this mindfucked everyone on the development team so they ended up putting in things to stop this in EU4 (they even joked about it on the EU4 stream iirc).

Five_X
May 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Steam don't do this to me please

I need my pagans now

Petrikow
May 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Old Gods is releaseddddddd

Leftovers
May 28th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I looked into the future, and it involves a lot of raping and pillaging.

Five_X
May 28th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Play Zoroastrians, they said. It'd be fun, they said. They never told me about the Abbassid Caliphate! :<

Cruor
May 28th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I been playing Rurik dynasty.

I kinda think its bullshit that the Norse is allowed to make Russia since Finnish culture can't make Scandinavia.

Cruor
May 29th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Why the fuck is Hungary so retardedly broken? I just played two games where just the AI version of it took out fucking Tartaria. It looked like the fucking Golden Horde for fucks sake.

Edit: I boxed with the fucking Byzantium with them holy shit.

Five_X
May 29th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Why the fuck is Hungary so retardedly broken? I just played two games where just the AI version of it took out fucking Tartaria. It looked like the fucking Golden Horde for fucks sake.

Edit: I boxed with the fucking Byzantium with them holy shit.

They're tough offensively, but they tend to get worn down over time, and since they're pagan their vassals are always angry and independent-y which can be really tough to deal with. If you expand too fast in the early game, you can totally screw yourself over. However, if you manage to stabilize your country you can be pretty OP. Just focus on expanding east before you go west, since east is where all your holy sites are.

Cruor
May 30th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Taking Greece from the Greeks (http://i.imgur.com/lKXkHG1.jpg).

This reminds me of this one time where the Golden Horde conquered everything on mainland Europe except Scandinavia. So Novgorod was living out of Finland without any of its de jure territory.

Five_X
May 30th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I love it when I capture the enemy king in a battle and automatically win the war. Take that, evil caliphates!

IhaxlikeNoob
May 30th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I love it when I capture the enemy king in a battle and automatically win the war. Take that, evil caliphates!
"If I've learned anything about videogames, once you've killed the boss, it's just like 'Alright, everybody give up.'"
— Slowbeef

Five_X
May 31st, 2013, 12:58 AM
"If I've learned anything about videogames, once you've killed the boss, it's just like 'Alright, everybody give up.'"
— Slowbeef

Keep in mind that in CK2, you're waging wars against characters, not countries. If you capture the Shah of Persia, of course you're going to win a war targetted at his territory.

Petrikow
May 31st, 2013, 05:23 AM
http://futurismic.com/2011/03/02/seeing-like-a-state-why-strategy-games-make-us-think-and-behave-like-brutal-psychopaths/

This article is 2deep4me

Five_X
May 31st, 2013, 10:38 AM
TFW most of the time in Vicky I create hyper-liberal countries with maximized social rights and everyone is happy.

Cruor
May 31st, 2013, 01:11 PM
And the only thing I ever raise is the school thing for the education bonus and then suppress everything else.

And I still somehow get reactionary revolts.

SeiKeo
May 31st, 2013, 01:12 PM
what

You don't get health care!?

Cruor
May 31st, 2013, 01:32 PM
we have more

Five_X
May 31st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Persia: getting beaten down by endless hordes since 990.

;__;

Petrikow
May 31st, 2013, 02:15 PM
TFW most of the time in Vicky I create hyper-liberal countries with maximized social rights and everyone is happy.

I stay Absolute Monarchy up to the 1900s, then I drop down to Prussian Constitutionalism.

What's that? It's hard to become a Monarchy in countries that start as Democracies? Sounds like a lame excuse to me!

Five_X
May 31st, 2013, 03:16 PM
I stay Absolute Monarchy up to the 1900s, then I drop down to Prussian Constitutionalism.

What's that? It's hard to become a Monarchy in countries that start as Democracies? Sounds like a lame excuse to me!

The only reform I won't budge on as a European power is immigration. As soon as I've got enough reactionaries, I pass Nobody Gets Out.

Because fuck migrants to the New World.

Five_X
June 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
So apparently Paradox will continue to make new expansions and DLCs for Crusader Kings 2 for the next two years. Hopefully they spend some time really fleshing out some of the religions/cultures that got shafted in their own expansions.

Cruor
June 3rd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Woah, that's like really big. And a lot longer than I expected.

Lets see, proably theocracies (+ adding in Sainthood events giving XBAWX HUEG prestige bonuses)

Maybe even earlier start date (oh god pls. Carlogonian and Roman Empire start dates pls)

Obviously more music and portraits (Which is probably what they are talking about.

And uhhhh what else.

Nerdguy
June 3rd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Making navies a bit more useful might be a good start

Cruor
June 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Greek fire OP.

Petrikow
June 4th, 2013, 04:53 AM
They're probably never going to make naval combat in CK2.

I guess we'll see.

deviatesfish
June 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Played CK2 all week.

Had a character named Kyokushi, one of the sons of Godwin after I beat back both Harald and William. He had a daughter, who was born with Strong and Genius traits, that I named Wakame. She quickly got Gregarious, Ambitious, Patient, and a slew of other things.

> Can't inherit shit or fight in battle for beans.

I went and got two more kids, Buster and Spinach, who were boys. Thank god. Or so I thought.

> Buster poisons Spinach at age 12.
> Buster dies of disease at 13.

FFFFFF.
I was like, fuck Kyokushi, I don't want to play the old uncle when he dies. So I start raising crown authority and trying to change the laws. Might as well try to bring an Elizabethian Wakame Kotonoha around 400 years early, right?

> Cousins rebel just as I start warring with Wales.

FFFFFFFFFFF.
Assassinate one of the faction members, killed the rest. Phew. Now then--

> Kyokushi dies of a battle wound or something equally retarded.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
He was my main general; everyone cowered before his l33t 31 martial. Now I don't have a general with above 15 martial and I have to play Wakame. Alright. ai can deal with this. Sure Wakame is just 14 years old, but that just--

> Killed by uncle who didn't rebel when Kyokushi was around one year later.

Fuck.

Cruor
June 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Godwin is suffering.

EUIV stream was pretty interesting. I wish they streamed their weekly MP games. Doomdark is supposed to be a boss.

deviatesfish
June 5th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Figured out how to have female commanders. Time to recreate Joanna of Arc!

Cruor
June 5th, 2013, 07:27 AM
How do you get female commanders? I always got them rather randomly.

Five_X
June 5th, 2013, 09:41 AM
How do you get female commanders? I always got them rather randomly.

In CK2, just go into the game folders and go to common/job_titles.txt. You should see the Marshal council position at the top, and a limiter that says "female = no" or something. Get rid of that one line and you'll be able to have fighting ladies.

Erlkonig
June 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Doing that and adding some hilarious +10000% war modifier traits while playing The Old Gods to Ride of the Valkyries is the best shit ever

Five_X
June 8th, 2013, 11:31 PM
>raise kid with nearly 20 in all stats at age 16, set to be destined ruler of the empire
> "Your heir has died at age 16 of pneumonia."

This fucking game, man.

Nerdguy
June 9th, 2013, 01:18 AM
I thought it would be cool to play as a Muslim ruler and have all these wives and alliances and children and shit.

I regret that decision when my character died at his eighties; leaving a family with the size of House Frey trying to murder each other. Not to mention all the factions trying to break free of my glorious Arabian Empire.

Siriel
June 9th, 2013, 01:52 AM
>raise kid with nearly 20 in all stats at age 16, set to be destined ruler of the empire
> "Your heir has died at age 16 of pneumonia."

This fucking game, man.

The higher the stats the lower the lifespan. This I have learned from every CK2 game ever.

Tiresias
June 9th, 2013, 02:13 AM
I thought it would be cool to play as a Muslim ruler and have all these wives and alliances and children and shit.

I regret that decision when my character died at his eighties; leaving a family with the size of House Frey trying to murder each other. Not to mention all the factions trying to break free of my glorious Arabian Empire.

Decadence rating. Oh God, the decadence rating!

Five_X
June 9th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Playing a Muslim is pretty hellish in TOG, since not only do you have to worry about decadence invasions, there are also random landless adventurers popping up. Though it's technically a glitch, I once had my own half-brother come up with an adventuring team to steal my empire. It especially hurts since in the late game, a decadence invasion alone can have nearly as many troops as the Mongols.

It's great for watching empires fall, though. I saw this giant Sweden blob in my current game, and now it's cut into pieces.

Petrikow
June 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
You guys aren't playing Muslims right

Gotta execute all those of your dynasty who have outlived their purpose.

So most of them, really.

Tiresias
June 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Eh, I usually end up doing it Ottoman-lite, imprisoning them instead of executing. It's nice to know that throwing your cousin into the oubliette and letting him rot there to die doesn't count as kinslaying.

deviatesfish
June 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
>Took over Wales.
Cool.
>Took over Scotland.
>Took over Ireland.
Sweet, start ALL HAIL BRITANNIA mode.
>Spinach the First dies.
Alright, time to play Leo the Drunk.
>Take over Spain.
Sweet.
>Leo dies in battle.
Well, it happens, it's no real loss since I have Warrior Princess Wakame.
>Take over top half of France.
Well, that's about as far as I can go.
>Holy War on Cumania.
Sure.
>Start war with HRE.
>Take over HRE.
>Take over parts of Cumania below Hungry.
Wakame dies. Here lies Seaweed.
Alright, let's see... time to play Emperor I3ustertwo the Second. After all the other I3uster who died to siblings killing each other.
>I3ustertwo takes retinue of 250,000 and takes over Poland.
Alright! Let's get this done!
>Start fighting for Hungary and Cumania.
>Sees a small army of 500.
Alright, let's squash these small ass armies.
>I3ustertwo dies.
>Kingdom of Germany rebels for freedom.
>Kingdom of France rebels for freedom.
FFFFFFFFFFF--!
>Was too busy fighting to deal with laws of succession.
>Poland breaks away.
>Entire realm engulfed in war.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-- I3USTERTWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
>Ireland rebels.
Bah. I don't wanna play no more. >:T

Petrikow
June 14th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Best GSG video ever.

Posted for completion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LamgAfVj980

Everyone needs to see it.

SeiKeo
June 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM
What is Fall Gelb

Petrikow
June 14th, 2013, 08:29 PM
YOU SURE ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS WITHOUT THE CUSTOMARY MARK DESIGNATED FOR IT.

NewAgeOfPower
June 15th, 2013, 02:00 AM
@fish

Lol 13uster ended the reign of Britannia.

deviatesfish
June 15th, 2013, 03:14 AM
:(

SeiKeo
June 17th, 2013, 04:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vnAWRsu.jpg

(not mine)

Tiresias
June 17th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Is that Europa Universalis? But wha- how?!

Petrikow
June 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
This is how you do World Conquest.

PU = No Infamy

Cruor
June 18th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Its the Habsburgs what do you expect.

SeiKeo
June 20th, 2013, 03:16 AM
>Danzing or War
>The Poles fold

what the hell now, game

- - - Updated - - -

oh false flag operation lol

Cruor
June 22nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
I hate this game so fucking much I am so buttfrustrated you cannot even understand my fucking tears.

So I'm playing Austria trying to form Supah Germany. So 1852 rolls in and I start the Austro-Prussian Brothers War. I win easily because lolFrance. Except when we're at 90% warscore we suddenly white peace out. I go wtf and somehow it turns that our war leader was Two Sicilies (I don't even understand what the literal fuck). So then I wait 5 years and do the war again and Assert Hegemony, etc. Then I win Silesia in a Crisis War. This when things start really going to shit. Every country inside my empire wants to start forming and crises and hugeass rebellions happen every month with one particular one (I think to prevent Romania from forming) being pretty much right after the Second Austro-Prussian war when I am limited to like 15 units max because lolwarscore. And it was me, Belgium, and France vs Prussia (who also only had like 20 units), UK, Russia, and Spain. Somehow France and Belgium raped their way to Madrid and Berlin in under a month and we won. I survived because I put all my units on Wien and allowed Russia and Prussia to take everything east of it (and some of the west).

After that I had to do another war where I took the one small piece of land from Prussia needed to form SGF (because at the time I thought it was a good idea) and to humiliate Prussia. And that other huge industrial piece of land in western Prussia (the one with an N). After this Pprussia went from like 6th to 20th. Almost immediately after this war SGF becomes a GP and I started the Franco Austrian war for Alscae Lorraine (I started the war before they became a GP so it was the last thing I needed to form Germany). So then I have to fight them without SGF. After bearing France after like a 5 year war I finally can beat up SGF to remove its GP status. I take Wurttemburg (because it had a lot of factories) and Humiliate them. This puts them at Rank 16 or so. But after removing them Prussia somehow got back to GP status because of a retardedly high military. So I beat them again and like a few weeks after doing that this happens (http://i.imgur.com/wsA9DLz.jpg).

This AI fucking cheats. I had every German state but SGF sphered. How the fuck can it possibly form? wtfidwqjioq3hio3rqhiorqwrw3

TL;DR since when can Germany form with only SGF and Prussia?

SeiKeo
June 22nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Gutter Crown. If a German state gets occupied by German Pan-Nationalist rebels for long enough they can form a parliament which offers Prussia (or maybe it's a non-Austrian German GP I'm not 100% sure which) the crown of Germany in exchange for liberal reforms. The stuff you had sphered isn't allowed to join, but everything else does.

Five_X
June 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Gutter Crown. If a German state gets occupied by German Pan-Nationalist rebels for long enough they can form a parliament which offers Prussia (or maybe it's a non-Austrian German GP I'm not 100% sure which) the crown of Germany in exchange for liberal reforms. The stuff you had sphered isn't allowed to join, but everything else does.

Nah, any German culture state can get the Crown from the Gutter event; the same thing happens with India if you work hard enough. However, the country to which the crown goes to is kinda random if there are multiple German GPs, or seemingly Prussia anytime, anywhere.

Also, never form the SGF. Never ever. Just conquer shit and sphere the rest. Make sure Prussia doesn't sphere Hanover, especially.

Arch-Magos Winter
June 22nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
So just picked up Hearts of Iron and EU3.

What should I expect besides sucking on a huge scale my first go?

SeiKeo
June 22nd, 2013, 07:57 PM
...Which Hearts of Iron?

Leftovers
June 22nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
So just picked up Hearts of Iron and EU3.

What should I expect besides sucking on a huge scale my first go?

Not knowing what the fuck is going on.

In order to acquire that knowledge, you must playplayplay. Also read the available online guides on Paradox Plaza and other places to get a basic grasp of key concepts. The rest will come with experience.

Tiresias
June 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
...Which Hearts of Iron?

Legit question. HoI3 confuses the hell out of me.

Arch-Magos Winter
June 22nd, 2013, 08:05 PM
...Which Hearts of Iron?
Third.

SeiKeo
June 22nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Third.

Oh dear.

It's still on sale so go get Darkest Hour.

Arch-Magos Winter
June 22nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
Oh dear.

It's still on sale so go get Darkest Hour.
You mean Finest Hour? because that's all I see on the DLC for it, or are we talking an entirely different game?

Erlkonig
June 22nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron game is a standalone upgrade to Hearts of Iron 2, that makes everything better and allows for custom units. That feel when raping Austria-Hungary with Serbian TSFs.

Tiresias
June 22nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron game is a standalone upgrade to Hearts of Iron 2, that makes everything better and allows for custom units. That feel when raping Austria-Hungary with Serbian TSFs.

How much better? What changes does it do?

Btw. is the A Song of Ice and Fire mod for Crusader Kings 2 any good?

SeiKeo
June 22nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
How much better? What changes does it do?

It's basically corps-level instead of division level with a less retarded amount of provinces and that means the game actually works.

Five_X
June 22nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
Btw. is the A Song of Ice and Fire mod for Crusader Kings 2 any good?

The GoT mod is pretty good if you like GoT, but not very good if you like CK2 itself. I don't think half the people who play that mod have played CK2 itself, to be honest.

Cruor
June 24th, 2013, 07:25 AM
What are some good choices to do a megacampaign with?

Currently thinking about Brandenburg, Asturias/Castile (reconquista is pretty hard to pull in CK2 and if you do become Hispania you feel so fucking rich and strong its hilarious), Ireland, and Scotland. Maybe one of the Scandinavian countries could also be pretty good but Iunno.

Mainly chose the Spanish and UK countries because that actually will allow me to do things when I get into EU3 and not be a total chump when it comes to colonizing (Which is the problem in EU3 for the German countries).

Of course, I do know the main targets of megacampaigns are Habsburg and Hohenzollern but I don't feel like doing one of those right now.

Petrikow
June 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
polan

SeiKeo
June 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
rome

Arch-Magos Winter
June 24th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Go Norse or go home.

Cruor
June 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Go Norse or go home.

Norse is shit.

Petrikow
June 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Norse is shit.

say that to my face motherfucker not online see what happens

Cruor
June 24th, 2013, 07:02 PM
say that to my face motherfucker not online see what happens

enjoy your training wheels games with ur edgy 20 (what shape is even this) wives (you killed the other 16 cuz u so edgi and YOLO) with hueg blobs that take up ruksia some islands and a peninsula but since you are too much of a pussy you cry like a bahby when natives invades and get sac'd by weird brown peeps and then bitch on how ahistorical it is and how it doesn't make sense u prolly also become chrishtihn so u dunt get crusaded on like a bitch

u r so butthurt i fel teers

Erlkonig
June 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM
polan

10/10, polan ftw

Petrikow
June 24th, 2013, 07:21 PM
enjoy your training wheels games with ur edgy 20 (what shape is even this) wives (you killed the other 16 cuz u so edgi and YOLO) with hueg blobs that take up ruksia some islands and a peninsula but since you are too much of a pussy you cry like a bahby when natives invades and get sac'd by weird brown peeps and then bitch on how ahistorical it is and how it doesn't make sense u prolly also become chrishtihn so u dunt get crusaded on like a bitch

u r so butthurt i fel teers

il have u kno that i have pillaged over 100 monastaries and have 2 sagas written about my deeds so ur tiny babby christy noise is tha mere jellymad of a man who cannot fuck bitches as he wishes cuz he hs teh pope as his homo lover

muh blobs r so big cuz there a pic of ur mom

i made a city and named after u after the mongols invaded since thats were ur mongrol genes came frum

it was caled 'wow so smell i can feel the smell bad christ smell' cuz u wer born grown gay flowers

Five_X
June 24th, 2013, 07:46 PM
reconquista is pretty hard to pull in CK2

crusadeforandalusia.jpg

Cruor
June 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
il have u kno that i have pillaged over 100 monastaries and have 2 sagas written about my deeds so ur tiny babby christy noise is tha mere jellymad of a man who cannot fuck bitches as he wishes cuz he hs teh pope as his homo lover

muh blobs r so big cuz there a pic of ur mom

i made a city and named after u after the mongols invaded since thats were ur mongrol genes came frum

it was caled 'wow so smell i can feel the smell bad christ smell' cuz u wer born grown gay flowers

sweeden so ghey dey needed to legalize it

nd all ur gods die like ttl chumps ave maria is blessed and ubeatble

2 pore fr brown horsless invaison DLC as expected of stupid barbarians ur as useless nd annoyng as my Civ games lel gandhi nuking u circlejerk etc.

crusadeforandalusia.jpg

I mean with 867 start as Asturias. You absolutely have to kill every single of of your heirs (because lel start with three kingdom titles each with only like two provinces each and you have with gavelkind succession) and hope to God (the Christian one) that they don't attack you. And that they get into huge shit and every single one of their duchies rebel allowing you to Holy War to take them one by one.

There's a reason why pretty much every game has Andalusia branching into France now with 867 start.

It however does snowball alot harder now. When you get down to Madrid and your pretty much gonna win every ensuing war as long as you have a decent ally even against and nonrebelling Andalusia.

Five_X
June 25th, 2013, 11:01 PM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?698347-Crusader-Kings-II-1.102-PATCH-RELEASED-Checksum-UPXG-NOT-for-problem-reports!

Added Enatic and Enatic-Cognatic Succession code support

paradox plz stop you're only feeding the trolls

Cruor
June 26th, 2013, 07:51 AM
dis gaem (http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/421722930).

These maps are sexy.

Petrikow
July 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/85POCQQ.jpg

Defending is good

Note how the battle lasted for more than a year

Cruor
July 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Is an Alexander Nevsky game hard? I heard its fun.

Petrikow
July 15th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Haven't tried it.

Sounds like fun though.

You start as a vassal of the Golden Horde right?

Five_X
July 15th, 2013, 10:59 PM
He's a vassal, yeah, which technically doesn't make him too hard to play - unless you're trying to gain independence, of course. Luckily Nevsky has really good stats and stuff.

1099 Jerusalem, ToG Zoroastrians and independent El Cid are probably about as hard or harder, but that's what makes them so fun. :p

I'm not too sure which is the absolute hardest game in CKII, though. Probably an African OPM or something.

Cruor
July 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
MELDRICK I AM SO SORRY

Meldrick is the toothless dung gatherer, the one that you always kill when raising your Learning ability by pushing him off a cliff with your flying device that doesn't work.

This is the first time I ever had an Intrigue event with him.

I framed him by stealing a family heirloom from one of my counts.

I then dressed up as a muslim girl with the face cover and everything and gave it to him saying it was from a secret admirer.

The next morning my character hears the screams from the count and his wife and he calls up his servants to tell them to look for it the count sees Meldrick and demands to know how he got it and then Meldrick smiles and says he got it from his secret admirer.

My character arrests him while thinking he will let him out after they are gone.

My character forgot.

He remembered.

10 years later.

When he ran down to the dungeon to free him, Meldrick was so happy to see him and started doing the toothless grin smile.

My character didn't want to break his trust so he couldn't let him go.

I AM SO SORRY

I seriously only ever seen this guy ever appear in the Learning events like holy shit. I also like how randomly the event popped up saying "HOLY SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT MELDRICK" and I was like who? And then went OH GOD WHAT.

Haven't tried it.

Sounds like fun though.

You start as a vassal of the Golden Horde right?

Yeah, But gaining Independence sounds like one entertainingly hard thing to do.

He's a vassal, yeah, which technically doesn't make him too hard to play - unless you're trying to gain independence, of course. Luckily Nevsky has really good stats and stuff.

1099 Jerusalem, ToG Zoroastrians and independent El Cid are probably about as hard or harder, but that's what makes them so fun. :p

I'm not too sure which is the absolute hardest game in CKII, though. Probably an African OPM or something.

Try pagan Navarra (preferably Hellenic Pagan, the completely useless one). Using Ruler Designer ofc.

lolololololol

SeiKeo
July 16th, 2013, 12:03 AM
That is one hell of a Crusader Kings! event right there.

Tiresias
July 16th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Oh God I remember that. Is this the same guy that was forced to test a flying machine and crash?

PS: Is there any way for our character to abdicate the throne? My current character is old and expected to die soon, but he's still kicking and screaming and I don't want the old fart to suddenly die while fighting a massive war he started.

Five_X
July 16th, 2013, 12:36 AM
PS: Is there any way for our character to abdicate the throne? My current character is old and expected to die soon, but he's still kicking and screaming and I don't want the old fart to suddenly die while fighting a massive war he started.

Nope, but you could try sending assassins after a caliph or someone with a big realm and access to the best spymaster you can find. Then in retaliation you should get assassins coming for you and very possibly killing you. Alternatively, you could send your king at the head of an army into a diseased county; there's a high chance that he'll catch the disease and, because of his age, die off.

Tiresias
July 16th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I already tried dismissing my spymaster and then trying to assasinate the Byzantine Grand Prince (haven't tried them yet but looks like they stopped being Emperor without Byzantium).

First try, he died. The Grand Prince, that is. (fukkin' saved)

Second one, the new Grand Prince survived and didn't even try to retaliate even after i waited for a year. That's one year being a character with crappy intrigue points and no spymaster. Bastard didn't even try.

...unless, he can't do that because the Badshah of the Arabian Empire is too fucking expensive for him. Crap, didn't thought about that.

Cruor
July 16th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Oh God I remember that. Is this the same guy that was forced to test a flying machine and crash?

It is. Honestly, I only ever seen him in those events.

When I seen him in this event I was like oh cool never seen this intrigue event. But then that 10 years later thing happened. -________________-

Tiresias
July 17th, 2013, 12:46 AM
This is kickass. (http://imgur.com/a/in0ym)

Cruor
July 17th, 2013, 01:00 AM
You are shitting me.

That has to be a mod.

Also. Why would you do this?? (http://i.imgur.com/teYyQ.jpg)

Tiresias
July 17th, 2013, 01:31 AM
That has to be a mod.

I dunno. I mean, this game already has lots of weird homages (Thelma and Louise? Really?), this one isn't surprising.

Speaking of mods, anyone know how to make Ambition events happen more often? Picked Learning, but haven't got any events for decades even though I just sit around in the palace and never took the field.

Arch-Magos Winter
July 17th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Anyone here play Kaiserreich? Considering downloading the mod for Darkest Hour.

Petrikow
July 18th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Best mod ever.

Consider that some people literally only buy DH for it.

Arch-Magos Winter
July 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Best mod ever.

Consider that some people literally only buy DH for it.
Going to download it then.

Wondering if I should go with Canada or the US first.

Cruor
July 18th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I hate DH.

I can't use space to pause the game.

It drives me nuts to no end.