PDA

View Full Version : ASURA'S WRATH

TypeWannabe
February 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING!

terraablaze
February 22nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
I was kind of hoping it was. Apparently the demo impressed no one though. "Dragon's Lair the videogame" they called it.

mewarmo990
February 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
PASSIONATE HOT BLOOD MUSCLES ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH RAAAAAGE

Is the game still all quick time events? I was impressed by the art direction and Japanese cast, but not so much by the gameplay.

TypeWannabe
February 22nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
It isn't quite all quick-time events, but yes, they do still have a very prominent role.

terraablaze
February 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
I played the first Xenosaga and liked it. I am ready for this.

mewarmo990
February 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Can you toggle between audio languages? Asura isn't ANGRY enough in English.

TypeWannabe
February 22nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
I...I haven't been to the Options menu yet.

mewarmo990
February 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Maybe you can turn his voice only extra loud. Extra ANGRY.

TypeWannabe
February 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yes, called my friend up and yes, you can change to audio to Japanese. You freaking weeaboos happy now?!

Chaos Greyblood
February 22nd, 2012, 02:36 PM
Played the demo. It's so over the top it's awesome. Old-school anime tropes will be going overload here.

Also, Ryu is basically a seemingly otherworldly guy in a different earth, is more hot-blooded and has a Super Mode that allows him to use 6 arms! Satsui no Hado sucks his ass!

What's with the analogy, you ask? Simple, that's Kyle Herbert doing Asura's voice.

Five_X
February 22nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
By Asura by Asura by Asura!

Inugami
February 23rd, 2012, 01:10 AM
Always angry, huh?

So, how would a fight between this guy and Kratos go down?

Two living incarnations of anger!

Chaos Greyblood
February 23rd, 2012, 01:14 AM
I will say this, Inugami. The Earth better start shaking it its little boots.

terraablaze
February 23rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Always angry, huh?

So, how would a fight between this guy and Kratos go down?

Two living incarnations of anger!

Asura would probably win. Destroying beings larger then planets is just all in a day's work for Asura. Plus Asura has closer ties to his mythological origins then that Kratos does so that is always a plus in my book.

mewarmo990
February 23rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, Kyle Herbert isn't a bad VA... but he just can't summon enough RAEG http://images.prehackshub.com/img/246c4f66.jpg for the job.

Chaos Greyblood
February 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
You want him to sacrifice his throat for that? o.O

Mcjon01
February 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
What's with the analogy, you ask? Simple, that's Kyle Herbert doing Asura's voice.

But the internet says it's Liam O'Brien.

Chaos Greyblood
February 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Really?

terraablaze
February 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah, pretty sure it is Liam O'Brien. He sounds exactly like his gruff voice. I wondered why we were talking about someone who apparently hadn't even touched the game.

Mcjon01
February 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah, seriously, if you've ever played Darksiders he's just using his War voice.

TypeWannabe
February 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
And his Archer voice, and his Kain voice, and his Caius voice, and his Weiss voice...

Fingolfin
February 24th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I heard that Armless Asura is playable. Because man, if that is true, that's hardcore.

NO ARMS?

NO PROBLEMS!

Oh, and I heard there was a DLC that you get in which Asura beats the snot out of Ryu has a friendly sparring match with Ryu.

Chaos Greyblood
February 24th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Or rather, Asura becomes DLC for SSFIV?

mewarmo990
February 24th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Or rather, Asura becomes DLC for SSFIV?
That sounds like a distinct possibility, actually. Although they've moved on to promoting Tekken x SF by now.

Fingolfin
February 24th, 2012, 02:30 PM
PROOF!

Also, it looks like Asura can propel his fists into rockets empowered by his pure undistilled RAEG!

http://pixelapocalypse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Asuras-Wrath-DLC.png

terraablaze
February 24th, 2012, 03:07 PM
lol what, does he get a custom super meter? Also powerlevels in Capcom games how do they work?

Fingolfin
February 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
No idea, but since in Capcom characters like Phoenix Wright can fight Galactus... I guess they fluctuate according to whatever is convenient at the time.

It's awesome, either way. I'm not sure whether it will be for just Asura's Wrath or for Street Fighter 4 as well. I also heard that Asura's going to do more than just fighting Ryu and vice-versa. In other words, Asura VS. Akuma might be a possibility.

Sei
February 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
So...this game...

Rent or buy? :/

Chaos Greyblood
February 24th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Buy, buy it with your money! Steal it from Felicia or Bring if you must!

Sei
February 25th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Meh. Friend had it. Got my hands on it. It's more of a rent.

I heard that Armless Asura is playable. Because man, if that is true, that's hardcore.

Yeah. It was badass while it lasted.

Apple
February 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Weiss voice...

Nier? Really?

I will never look at that book the same way again

Fingolfin
February 27th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Episode 12 is fucking heart-wrenching. ಥ_ಥ

Apple
February 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM
OH MY GOD THE SPIDER WAS BEHIND IT ALL ALONG

Also, Olga Y U DIE?! What about all those unspoken promises you made to become a strip club actress so fanboys could drool over your naked polygon body?!

TypeWannabe
February 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Olga is pretty much like a Sola who had command of a giant orbital space fleet and the ability to fire the Death Star's laser. I3uster is rolling in his grave right now.

Apple
February 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Olga's a murderous trigger-happy vengeful woman who wants her boss's cock. Sola is a murderous self-destructive woman who prefers the pool boy's cock over her husband's.

See the difference?

Also, SUPER SAIYAN MITHRAAA

Fingolfin
February 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I am a bit confused by The Golden Spider though. Is it supposed to be the anthropomorphic incarnation of Samsara (the Hindu cycle of reincarnation) or its creator?

If that's true, then eventually the whole Nirvana (free of reincarnation/suffering and one with Brahman) concept will also be included in the series; whenever the sequel comes out.

Apple
February 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Whoever he is, he has more arms than Asura, that's for sure. Physical arms. Not the bit where Asura goes SSSSSJ.

Also, I wanted to see mature Mithra zettai ryouiki. Crazy gods and their lack of senescence

terraablaze
February 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM
You guys make me want to play this game. Too bad the people I know with a next gen console have already made their minds up that the game sucked from the demo and will now never acquire it.

Fingolfin
February 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Whoever he is, he has more arms than Asura, that's for sure. Physical arms. Not the bit where Asura goes SSSSSJ.

Also, I wanted to see mature Mithra zettai ryouiki. Crazy gods and their lack of senescence

Indeed. I pity whoever tries to ask Mithra out on a date when she gets older.

Just imagine the kind of balls someone would need to go to the Asura residence to pick her up. The front lawn would probably be a veritable graveyard full of suitors that Asura did not "approve" of.

You guys make me want to play this game. Too bad the people I know with a next gen console have already made their minds up that the game sucked from the demo and will now never acquire it.

You could rent it, if you don't want to buy it. It does have a steep price tag considering how short it is.

Still, it's an interesting game and it's worth playing at least once.

Apple
February 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM
In the Asuraverse, you have to beat Asura at locomotion by punching the ground as hard as you can before you are allowed to marry his daughter.

I wonder how the gods age in the Asuraverse, I mean 22,500 years and Mithra looks exactly the same. Vyzen was the only diety that changed noticeably.

TypeWannabe
February 27th, 2012, 07:08 PM
HA, no he didn't. Fat people deserve to die. I'm thinking she didn't age because of that whole "cryo" thing we saw Olga pull. Or, well, I saw her pull, because I'm not sure a single one of you has actually bought and played this game.

Fingolfin
February 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I have. I beat it yesterday. I need to try playing on hard. I heard it's really hard on that setting.

That was kind of redundant of me. Anyway, I loved the game's story and the gameplay was fun too. Also, Asura is probably the most determined father ever. He came back from the dead three times, with just his rage alone.

And Yasha will ride a horse and wear a cowboy outfit in the sequel (he will also carry a guitar on his back). I called it, just so you guys know.

Seriously, dat theme music.

Apple
February 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Changed in the sense that he gained the ability to grow into a planetary-sized sumo wrestler. He still looked the same in mini boss form though... I suppose I shouldn't have used him as an example.

TypeWannabe
February 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM
And yet he was still the weakest. I have a theory that Augus was Asura's daddy.

Apple
February 27th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I thought Augus was Asura's and Yasha's teacher, and that things ended there. I attributed the similar skin textures, eye type and hair colors to Asura being the epik hardcore student while Yasha... became a ninja somehow.

I don't know, I suppose a family relation is justified.

Fingolfin
February 27th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Augus was actually one of the early prototype designs for Asura. That's why they look so similar.

terraablaze
February 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
They also used him in the first trailer as the generic boss bad guy. I get the feeling his character was completely different then from what it is now. *still has not played the game*

Mcjon01
February 28th, 2012, 12:58 AM
HA, no he didn't. Fat people deserve to die. I'm thinking she didn't age because of that whole "cryo" thing we saw Olga pull. Or, well, I saw her pull, because I'm not sure a single one of you has actually bought and played this game.

I've played the first three episodes so far. Knew the spider was evil the second I saw it. Never trust spiders, especially not ones that talk in creepy voices.

ChiakiKakumei
February 28th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Best Anime Interactive Movie ever. Now imagine if they did that for a Type-Moon game with lol Melty Blood Remake Asura's Wrath style. *shot*

mewarmo990
February 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Think I'll import this (or Japanese PSN purchase?) if the price is okay.

This is one of those games for me where I need the Japanese voices, given all the Japanese folklore and religious references. It's so weird otherwise.

Mcjon01
February 28th, 2012, 03:19 AM
But aren't most of the references Hindu?

mewarmo990
February 28th, 2012, 03:21 AM
But aren't most of the references Hindu?
Yes, but they like to talk with that funky monk-y Japanese at times and I miss it.

Mcjon01
February 28th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Ah. Well, I think it was mentioned already, but you can switch the voice track. On the 360 version for sure, but I assume the PS3 version as well because hell, what else are they going to put on those discs?

TypeWannabe
February 28th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Yes, you can switch voices to Japanese. I even answered that question on the first or second page. And what the hell are those villagers saying? I do not understand your sub-demigod primitive gravity obeying language here.

Apple
February 28th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I have a feeling that Asura would give the Gurren Lagann team a run for their money.

Inugami
February 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM
So...this game...

Rent or buy? :/
Rent.

Asura's Wrath seems like a massive waste. It's less a game than a movie with constant interruptions and dull, repetitive fights, and it's not even a complete story.

This is the Michael Bay Transformers of video games.

I've played the first three episodes so far. Knew the spider was evil the second I saw it. Never trust spiders, especially not ones that talk in creepy voices.
I'd like to see someone defy convention and expectations once, and given us some heroic spiders and serpents.

I have a theory that Augus was Asura's daddy.

Augus was actually one of the early prototype designs for Asura. That's why they look so similar.
Ogodaka is right, but TypeWannabe is onto something. Given that Augus is known to love the ladies, it is possible that he fathered Asura one night and didn't even meet his son until later... and just didn't care, because he's not sentimental like that.

Or, given the longevity of the demigods, Augus might be Asura's grandfather.

Either way, I'm pretty sure Asura never had a father growing up, or his father neglected him, because he very obviously has NO IDEA how to be a father. He can fight for Mithra, but he has absolutely no idea how to comfort or relate to her. Or to anyone else.

He's also a lousy protector. Remember the first time a Gohma turtle showed up? Asura could have picked the mortal girl up and carried her off to safety; instead, he just motioned her to stay out of his fight with the turtle... completely ignoring all of the Gohma gorillas and monkeys that were ALSO attacking the villagers at the same time. Any ONE of which could have killed the girl while his back was turned.

And we repeatedly see him chuck these huge monsters long distances in other fights. It doesn't kill them, but he CAN force them to take the slow way back. If he had tried that against the turtle and apes, he could have saved lives immediately AND given the villagers a chance to escape the village and save themselves.

But no, he didn't think to do anything but kill the turtle right in front of him.

Really, Asura is such a clumsy fool. He has no grace, no control, no foresight, and no good judgment of character. He's bullheaded, stubborn, proud, short-sighted, and ill-tempered.

One thing I find compelling about Asura is his sense of helplessness.

He could not soothe his crying baby girl. He could not prevent her from being named priestess and thereby becoming a "tool of war". He could not defend himself against his family's gentle teasing. He could not protect his wife or save his daughter, nor rescue a mortal girl and her village.

For all that he apparently has no doubt that he can destroy any opponent, he is agonized by his inability to achieve the things he really wants.

Unfortunately, the story doesn't really do anything with Asura, so he's boringly stagnant. He never learns a lesson or overcomes a character flaw. He doesn't change or grow.

I'm thinking she didn't age because of that whole "cryo" thing we saw Olga pull. Or, well, I saw her pull, because I'm not sure a single one of you has actually bought and played this game.
Yeah, I imagine they left Mithra on ice until 12,0050 years later, when Vlitra was about to reawaken and they finally needed Mithra to power their Anti-Vlitra weapon.

I have a feeling that Asura would give the Gurren Lagann team a run for their money.
Spiral Power expands outwards in an ever-growing spiral.

Rage contracts, clenches and tightens in an ever-shrinking spiral.

If Asura could use Spiral Power at all, he would have been the Spiral Nemesis. An unstoppable brute driving a vicious cycle of spiraling destruction and self-destruction.

Simon become something of a Spiral Messiah, who created and provoked a regenerative cycle of freedom, growth, optimism, forgiveness and friendship.

Anyway, Deus is a massive fucking idiot for not even considering the possibility of ASKING Mithra to aid him voluntarily.

There was absolutely no reason to murder her mother or father.

Hell, if he needed a scapegoat, he could have asked Asura to play the part willingly. Asura wouldn't have given a damn as long as Mithra was safe and happy. If anything, he'd be glad for an excuse to "protect her" from afar without having into interact with her -- he's more comfortable as a warrior than a father, anyway.

Of course, Yasha would have been a better fit for a willing scapegoat, what with his willingness to do morally objectionable things for the cause... And he's probably much better at lying than Asura, who would probably blow the whole thing accidentally.

Also, the way they dealt with Gaea was pathetic. They just beat it to death.

Really? How the hell was that any different from the LAST time they defeated it? Asura ALSO beat it to death, then. Presumably, that's how they defeated it all previous times as well.

And you know what? They clearly tell us that each time they did that, it just came back stronger. So what reason do we have to think that it's dead THIS time?

And Deus' big plan to defeat Vlitra once and for all? Fire a big beam at it -- ie, just hit it harder. But he as much as said that its power was immeasurable, which would mean that it would be impossible to hit Vlitra with enough force to truly kill the thing. If only because it doesn't die when you kill it.

If the problem was that they had never killed the Core of the Vlitra, why didn't Yasha mention that? Why didn't ANYONE ever mention the idea that they had always failed because they'd never stabbed deep enough to reach the heart of the beast?

Also, what about the repercussions of killing the Will of Gaea? Did anyone ever stop to consider WHY it was producing Gohma and eating souls? Did anyone ever stop to think what might happen to the planet if that STOPPED?

I don't expect Asura to stop and think about what he's doing, but it doesn't seem like anyone else did either -- not even the story itself. And it should be the job of the story to highlight the mistakes the hero is making, so that the readers can learn from his mistakes even if he doesn't.

Otherwise, where is the redeeming value?

Fingolfin
February 28th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Wow, no need to be so harsh on the game. It was trying something different, is all. As for the whole Gaea thing. The planet didn't need it. It was little more than a parasite made by The Golden Spider to "test" the gods. He was just using it as a way to find a fitting host. The world will be fine without it, it just won't have a foreign consciousness embedded in it now.

And have you actually paid attention to its story? The Seven Deity's plan involved the sacrifice (murder) of over seven trillion human beings. Asura is a decent person, and he gets really pissed when innocent people die. He would have never accepted their cause, ever. He would have spat in their face and called them out on it, if they asked him to join them. Deus knew what kind of person Asura was, so he didn't bother asking.

In fact, only two of the seven deities have any remotely altruistic desires (Yasha, and Deus somewhat but he became blinded by his own arrogance and went off the deep end). Olga is in it for Deus's cock, Sergei is in it for the Evulz, Karlow because he's a manipulative bastard, Wyzen... well, Wyzen was just kind of a gullible idiot and full of himself. Either way, they all instigated the deaths of trillions of mortals and brainwashed humanity into believing it was a good thing to get killed by them and that they would get sent to "heaven" in the process.

Augus just kind of did his own thing, drinking sake with badacious babes in a hot spring. He's a pimp like that. He was basically like, screw that shit, I'm doing what I want.

As for what was different, this time they destroyed Vlitra's core. So, it's safe to say it will stay dead this time. Well, most likely.

Unless The Golden Spider creates a new one, or brings something even bigger out of the left field.

TypeWannabe
February 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Yes, Ogodaka is right about the first part. The Golden Spider in the true ending says that he made the Gohma and stuff to test the courage or will or whatever of the gods. While Vlitra is the will of the planet, it's probable the Golden Spider just made it go crazy and whatever. Also, can we just call him Kali? I mean, that's clearly his true form, what with the background picture in the true ending.

Fingolfin
February 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Oh, my bad, I kinda thought Vlitra was parasitical and it became the earth at some point. You know, like those parasites that eat tongues and replace them with their own bodies. I guess they got to beat "Kali" to stop it from going wild then.

Also, I thought the Golden Spider was the Samsara. I guess I was wrong. Or, maybe they are mixing the two concepts in this series?

Inugami
February 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Wow, no need to be so harsh on the game. It was trying something different, is all.
And it does some pretty cool things.

For one thing, it's very pretty. And the "falling from the sky / running around at hyper-speed" segments where you rely mostly on long-range attaks is pretty cool.

I also think it's interesting that bosses don't have HP gauges at all, and that you defeat them by filling your Burst gauge up high enough to execute a cinematic finishing blow.

As for the whole Gaea thing. The planet didn't need it. It was little more than a parasite made by The Golden Spider to "test" the gods.
Where is THIS stated?

He was just using it as a way to find a fitting host.
So why didn't he sneak up on Mithra 12,050 years ago? Why wait that long before possessing her?

Asura is a decent person, and he gets really pissed when innocent people die.
Perhaps. But he also repeatedly says he doesn't care about "the world". Though maybe he's dismissing the Seven Deities' idea of "the world" because he dislikes how little mortals seem to figure into their "world".

In any case, my point about Yasha stands. Yasha would have willingly accepted blame for the Emperor's murder and become the scapegoat that would let Deus take over control of the empire.

Also, how likely is Asura to turn against the empire, as long as his wife and daughter are citizens of it? If he's not having his family taken away from him, or a murder pinned on him, and he's not being exiled or murdered, would he really be angry enough to jeaopardize his wife and daughter's security for his own morals?

If his morals are that important to him -- if they are strong enough that he would turn against his own allies, no matter the costs -- then THAT is the sort of thing that the game should have shown us. That should have been made clear as the reason why Deus didn't even try to persuade Asura to cooperate with him.

As for what was different, this time they destroyed Vlitra's core. So, it's safe to say it will stay dead this time. Well, most likely.
Yasha was not certain. And he's had time to study the past battles with the Vlitra, assuming he wasn't actually present for all of them.

He doesn't say anything like, "Well, we destroyed the core this time, and we've never done THAT before. Death should stick now."

TypeWannabe
February 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
The golden Spider says that he instigated this whole thing in the true ending. I can link you to a YouTube vid in a moment.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuS2CXQtOvU

Fingolfin
February 28th, 2012, 03:47 PM
@Inugami

My bad, I assumed it was parasitical. What I was trying to say was that whatever Mantra the Kali/Golden Spider infected it with was parasitical, I'm assuming this is what it did to transform it into what it became and control it. So, beating Kali should solve the problem. (The Golden Spider did also say that it was the one who gave everyone Mantra.)

And I was assuming that since they destroyed the core, they destroyed the part that was infected with it. Then again, just an assumption on my part.

As for why the whole asking Asura thing still wouldn't work, do you think Mithra or Durga would have stood for such an insane plan and stayed with the empire? They were still planning on using Mithra as a kind of battery so they had to plug her up to Bahmastra, and who knows what that could have done to Mithra. Also, they just don't seem the type to just stand by as something like that happens. The reason Sergei killed Durga is probably because she tried to protect her daughter. Asura would have followed them wherever they went, protecting them as best he could. Maybe unite with some other demi-gods and mortals and form a rebelion, perhaps?

Asura also doesn't like it when people use his daughter as a tool for war. It was shown in one of the flash backs, in which Mithra became the priestess. In that case, she was just supporting the army. In Deus's plan they'd literally use her as a weapon. Asura would not like that, not at all. He can accept her role as priestess, but as a literal weapon? He would blow a fuse and act on impulse to protect her.

Asura does not reason, he punches things real hard.

Yasha, well, I don't know what he would have done.

Apple
February 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM
@Inu

Eh, Asura doesn't need spiral energy. He beats planet-sized enemies up without it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the game isn't meant to be taken as seriously as you seem to think it should be. As you mentioned, lots of things don't cohere- I have the feeling that it was made solely to be really epic, with not much logic backing it up.

You might also want to add Asura's kyuubi rage form and Yasha beating him out of it into that list of inconsistencies, it was never explained.

Fingolfin
February 28th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I thought that was obvious. Yasha is just that awesome.

Also, Asura was probably weakened considerably after getting hit by Bahmastra's DEATH BEAM!

That form also hurts Asura more than it does his enemies. Yasha said so, right before before kicking his ass.

Apple
February 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Actually the point that I was shooting for is that the game tends to take a very simplistic (but epic) approach to solving issues.

Fingolfin
February 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, that's true too.

RIDER KICKING PEOPLE IN THE FACE!

Simple but effective, just ask Yasha. Also, is that an Asura as an Berserker pic?

Apple
February 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Not so much 'people' as 'planet-sized fortresses of destruction'

Also PUNCH THE GROUND REALLY REALLY HARD AND SEND YOURSELF INTO THE STRATOSPHERE

Also, is that an Asura as an Berserker pic?

Yeah, I saw Food's avvy and realized they looked pretty similar. So I tweaked things a little and added Asura's cloud eyebrows. It's still missing some of his semblance, I can't tell what.

TypeWannabe
February 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
The full body tattoo's/carvings.

Apple
February 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I was hoping I could get away passing Heracles's veins off as the markings. ):

Fingolfin
February 28th, 2012, 04:35 PM
It looks legit. I just wish I could get a gif of Yasha kicking Bahmastra in the face as my signature.

Apple
February 28th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks. You could use Gifsoup on a YT clip of Yasha doing that, it would probably work.

Froggie
February 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Bought the game today. Played around a bit and got to the beginning of Part 2.

It's been pretty fun so far and I think I'll maintain interest long enough to complete it. The music is the highlight of the game so far for me.

Apple
February 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Yes, I fucking want that ost

Froggie
March 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Just about to complete this.

Opinion so far: Well, it's more of an interactive movie than an actual game but that doesn't make it any less fun. The over the top action succeeds in making this an edge-of-your seat experience and the colossal scale of everything makes it quite a tour-de-force with stuff blowing up left and right. And the music is absolutely glorious. I can't get over how much I love the music, particularly the Main Theme and Yasha's Theme. Yasha's Episodes were very fun to play because of his kickass theme music.

That being said, I wouldn't complain if they'd added a bit more game to the game :p

Will probably wrap this up tonight and go back to Portal 2.

Chaos Greyblood
March 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM
There will be a sequel. It would be a supreme injustice if they don't make it.

Sei
March 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Second time getting my hands on the game and I just got the Heads Will Roll trophy.

Not the best game, but damn fun to watch.

Inugami
March 2nd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Not the best game, but damn fun to watch.
Would be more fun to watch if there weren't all of those quicktime event prompts popping up.

Chaos Greyblood
March 2nd, 2012, 07:21 PM
At least they did keep it under control for Resident Evil 4 and 5. You can still watch things happening, but at least you didn't do it all the time.

Inugami
March 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM

I was thinking about this video during the tutorial part of the game, wondering how Asura's Wrath might have taught you the gameplay mechanics the way that Megaman X taught players. Through playing the game without ANY instructions whatsoever.

Hell, Augus could have still been involved, much as Zero was involved. (But also possibly doubling by playing Vile's role.)

TypeWannabe
March 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
I knew before even clicking it that it was going to be egoraptor by you saying Megaman X. I want a doggie biscuit.

Sei
March 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Sooooooo aside from "I'm pissed. Come at me bro" I'm not really following the plot here. And the true ending really doesn't help either. :/

Burnout
March 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
This game was an amazing spectacle, but the main problem is...

I never really felt threatened in any of the fights. Getting hit was more of an annoyance than a "Oh *god* that hurt." kind of thing. In fact, at a certain point, I felt absolutely invulnerable. The fact that Asura looks a lot like Haseo from GU doesn't help, too.

Overall, it's an excellent idea for a game, but...I feel like it's missing something, you know? Sort of like FFXIII's linear corridor problem.

Sei
March 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah. The game is fun, ambitious even. I liked the idea that they wanted to combine a beat-em-up with a rail shooter, but like you said, you don't really feel threatened at all. And then there's the whole "I got a movie instead of a game thing". But I do think they did a good job of making you feel powerful. They just overdid it a little, I guess.

I dunno. Presentation is amazing, it's just that everything else fell short for me. I'm glad I played it, but I don't think I'll be looking out for a sequel.

EDIT: A certain fight did make my morning though.

TypeWannabe
March 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
It's when the big sweaty men are pounding each other, wasn't it Sei?

Sei
March 3rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Um...Yes. Yes it was...

Fingolfin
March 28th, 2012, 10:29 PM
It turns out that there won't be a sequel for Asura's Wrath. No, of course not, instead we get... this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTxTJ-4VRfM

Capcom, I've never hated you more than I hate you now. All of my homicidal hate Capcom, all of it.

Every. Single. Drop. Of. My. Rage.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Honestly, what has the gaming world come to now that we have to pay for the endings.

THE ENDINGS SHOULD COME WITH THE GAME ITSELF!

ChiakiKakumei
March 28th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah. No AW Sequel (Even though there is barely anything to cover.) and also Capcom be trolling just like the SFxT incident. It's funny you need DLC for an ending. DLC is gay.

Mcjon01
March 28th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Well, we've known about the 11.5, 15.5, and Street Fighter thing since forever. True Ending DLC is the kind of thing that should have been in the game to begin with, but I'm much, much happier to see the end of the story in DLC rather than a sequel. Because unless they realized that they can't price this kind of thing like a real game, I wouldn't have bought it.

Fingolfin
March 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I suppose, but still... all of my neurotic obsessed rage. Man, I need a stiff drink--or two, and then ten more.

I'm scared, honestly. What if this becomes a habit and in the future we have to buy the endings for all our games.

HitokiriNanaya
March 28th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I suppose, but still... all of my neurotic obsessed rage. Man, I need a stiff drink--or two, and then ten more.

I'm scared, honestly. What if this becomes a habit and in the future we have to buy the endings for all our games.

That's crazy talk, capcom isn't that stupid...right....right?

DB-L
March 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Augus: Elephants? Pfffffffft.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwuVjq8acA&t=8m36s)
LOL

Fingolfin
March 28th, 2012, 11:44 PM
That's crazy talk, capcom isn't that stupid...right....right?

Capcom has done it before but not in the exact same way. For instance, in Tekken x Street Fighter thirty percent of the game was "locked" and you had to buy the other parts through some so called DLCs. They were not even actual DLCs because the content was already in the game and what you were really paying for was to unlock it. There is no way, in game, to unlock this content even though it's already fucking there. They scammed their customers. They didn't make any new things for the game, it was already there.

It just makes me so fucking---ARRGHHH! You know? It makes me "Arr" like a pirate but not in a good way.

Bolfotha
March 29th, 2012, 12:41 AM
This is why I don't want Mass Effect 3 to have a DLC ending

This is a very very bad trend

Mcjon01
March 29th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I don't know, maybe I'm less mad about this because my vision of the future of games like Asura's Wrath is as cheap, episodic digital content. Release it week by week or whatever, like an actual show, with a total price that's considerably less than a retail disc.

TypeWannabe
March 29th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Honestly, I'm happy with this. Like someone else said, they didn't really have a lot left over for a sequel, so I'm happy with what we've got. If it's going to be another cliffhanger though, THEN I'll be mad.

Inugami
March 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Asura vs Ryu or Akuma is fine as DLC. It's something extraneous to Asura's Wrath that won't appeal to everyone.

But the fucking true ending of a game? No. No no no no. That is bullshit.

Imagine if you'd needed to DLC the true ending to Persona 4. AFTER you DLCed the fight to the "fake" true boss fight.

That is, you'd need to pay seperately for everything following after the choice of throwing Namatame into the TV.

TypeWannabe
March 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Better than Mass Effect.

terraablaze
March 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM
@Inugami
Well, fighting games have made characters DLC, and for fighting game enthusiasts they pretty much have to buy those if they want to be able to compete against everyone. I guess this is the logical extension for Capcom.

Alulim
March 29th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Capcom EVIL!

EVIL!!!

HitokiriNanaya
March 31st, 2012, 02:36 AM
Capcom EVIL!

EVIL!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liwvb3yfZp1qdgu7s.jpg

Here

Alulim
March 31st, 2012, 04:52 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liwvb3yfZp1qdgu7s.jpg

Here

Every time I say EVIL I think of him.

Fingolfin
March 31st, 2012, 12:13 PM
Honestly, I'm happy with this. Like someone else said, they didn't really have a lot left over for a sequel, so I'm happy with what we've got. If it's going to be another cliffhanger though, THEN I'll be mad.

You're right, they may have had a good reason. They probably didn't have enough money for a sequel or they just thought it wouldn't be cost efficient. So, at the very least they give us an ending. I hope it's good though.

They could just be scamming us though, and had planned this whole charade since the beginning...

And, I still hate them. CURSE YOU CAPCOM!

Apple
March 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM
Lol, dlc

Been getting so much of it lately that I'm not predicting but expecting it

TypeWannabe
April 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM
So, I actually downloaded the two mini episodes and now I know what caused that big explosion after Augus' death. Asura tripped out on SOOO MANY SHROOMS that he caused a nuclear blast.

Also the one on one with Deus was pretty nice starting from the middle of the fight to the end.

Both animations were kind of lack luster though.

EXiku
April 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I just finished this game! Whoo! (started yesterday around 8pm...time for completion also includes sleep)

Looking at the credits, I found it interesting to note: Asura = EMIYA EN | Yasha = EMIYA JP (and bonus, Mithra = Alphonse Elric JP | Katherine EN)

I like little pieces of trivia like that...sadly it doesn't alleviate my ever-growing rage at Capcom. Anyone know if the DLC is actually locked content on the disc?

TypeWannabe
April 24th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Welp, guess what day it is. Yasha continues to be best battle bro.

HitokiriNanaya
April 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Yasha ;_________________________________________________ _______________________________;

HitokiriNanaya
April 25th, 2012, 01:46 AM
At First I ;_________________;

Then I had my head blown off from the awesomeness.

Then I ;____________; again

Fingolfin
April 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM
By Odin's beard! That ending, it made me cream my pants! Just for that, I almost forgive you Capcom. Almost.

By the gods, did he just throw a sun at Asura? Yes, he fucking did. And, Asura just blew it the fuck up. OH MY GOD! IS THAT CHUN-LI? They're all reincarnated, sweet Jesus! A meteor? Holy shit, Asura's going "COME AT ME BRO" at a fucking meteor. Does that mean he still has his powers?

Mcjon01
April 25th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Welp, time to avoid spoilers for eight months. I'm out!

HitokiriNanaya
April 25th, 2012, 01:05 PM
By Odin's beard! That ending, it made me cream my pants! Just for that, I almost forgive you Capcom. Almost.

By the gods, did he just throw a sun at Asura? Yes, he fucking did. And, Asura just blew it the fuck up. OH MY GOD! IS THAT CHUN-LI? They're all reincarnated, sweet Jesus! A meteor? Holy shit, Asura's going "COME AT ME BRO" at a fucking meteor. Does that mean he still has his powers?

Not mention

He basically punches out Akasha!

Fingolfin
April 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Not mention

He basically punches out Akasha!

Indeed.

You know what I like best about that last fight with Chakra? You can shut him up too. Oh Asura, don't ever change.

TypeWannabe
April 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Yasha: Best Battle bro or BEST BATTLE BRO?!?!

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/Gologle/brofist.png

mewarmo990
April 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Why would anyone ever stop playing this game?

TypeWannabe
April 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Well, I can see that. I'll probably replay it for inspiration, but for regular people, there's really no replayability, other than to get a high score, which doesn't really matter anyway.

mewarmo990
April 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM
You don't know what you're talking about.

Every hot-blooded manly man should play Asura's Wrath or watch Gurren Lagann regularly to remind them of their ultimate ideals.

TypeWannabe
April 26th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Episode Twenty-Two: A Life Well Lived.

There are no words. None. This is the one DLC I will never ever have any regrets over buying.

DB-L
April 26th, 2012, 11:54 PM
"And that...was how my father lived."

0_0

HitokiriNanaya
April 27th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I forgive Capcom's assholeness for making me pay for the last four chapters of Asura's Wrath.

But their still is on my shit list.

ChiakiKakumei
April 27th, 2012, 04:15 AM
The ending....

Not going to say but it was epic and everything went alright.

Apple
April 27th, 2012, 05:27 AM
YASHAAAA

NOOOO

ASURA

NOOOO

TO BE CONTINUED?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HitokiriNanaya
May 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Lost Episode is out and it's worth the $2. You fight both street fighter style (no fancy button input for combo's) and Asura boss battle style.

And what you can do to Ryu made me wince.

TypeWannabe
May 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Holy shit Mantra Asura can use his elbows as rockets!

TypeWannabe
January 19th, 2013, 07:23 PM
So now that it's been long enough that a freaking LP has started on it, and because by this point everybody who would be interested in this game has already played it all the way through, what did you guys think about the ending?

Speckled Burd
January 19th, 2013, 08:14 PM
That it should have been included with the actual game.

In terms of the content? It's some of the craziest shit in the entire game, which makes it all the worse that it wasn't included.

Mcjon01
February 20th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Yashaaaaaaa :(

Apple
February 20th, 2013, 03:16 PM
You finally completed it, eh

Mcjon01
February 20th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Yes. It was hard, because I forgot the controls since the last time I played. Couldn't remember how to do lock-on shots in the shooter segments so I kept dying over and over at the beginning of Episode 22.

TypeWannabe
February 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I am proud. So, what'd you think? Both in terms of content and price? I still personally think it was the best seven dollars I've ever spent.

Mcjon01
February 20th, 2013, 09:58 PM
It was AWESOME. Though that epilogue slide show was totally out of left field, haha.

Paitouch
February 20th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Get behind me! Daddy's gonna stop the meteor with his bare hands!

TypeWannabe
February 21st, 2013, 07:12 AM
While it was definitely unexpected, I liked it. It's hard to remember that the Guardian General were originally good guys who only wanted to save their people, even if they got a little Zouken toward the end. That they were eventually reincarnated into better people in the modern day Capcomverse was a nice touch I thought.

mewarmo990
February 21st, 2013, 07:16 AM
With the purchase of a new plasma TV I am finally tearing into this game. And I mean TEARING. I'm currently right before the final battle with Vitra.

Also goddamn holy fuck the Street Fighter Ryu and Akuma DLCs are hard. But the HOT BLOOD makes it all worth it.