PDA

View Full Version : Virus error that's been dogging me

Five_X
March 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I downloaded a virus-y file a while back, and while I've been able to contain it, I've never been able to completely get rid of it, which had made it lead to a few problems.

Here's a picture of what it looks like whenever I start my computer up. Of course, this picture is really, really old by now, but nothing's changed since then:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7042/6959781579_87f090f351_b.jpg

Now, if I get rid of those command prompts quick enough, nothing bad really happens. If I wait too long, my Run command gets disabled along with Task Manager, and if I wait longer than that my computer just gets shut down with that error/countdown message, as seen in the picture.

Other effects of this include the inability to access my C:\ and D:\ and so on drives from My Computer, forcing me to access them with the Run command.

I also think it may be this same virus preventing me from playing Mass Effect 3. Not sure, but very, very possible.

Has anyone had this problem, or know how to fix it? Malwarebytes and the like have been able to contain it, but not destroy it entirely.

DarkMAN
March 6th, 2012, 05:26 PM
The only solution I know is:
1. Backup important shit.
2. Format.

In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries
March 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
uh... better idea

download rkill.exe and malwarebytes onto a USB stick

start your computer in safe mode (spam f12 or f2 or something during bootup)

run rkill

install malwarebytes

run malwarebytes

it might take a few hours depending on your computer specs