PDA

View Full Version : Onigokko (IC Thread)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sei
March 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/1zfqxbt.jpg
***


---Record 0//Blood Diver---
"The best kind of mayhem is that which follows peace."

Background Music- Safe Haven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLX6reRrD88)


The day had started just like any other day. You woke at your regular time and went about your normal morning routine with just enough time to get to school. Lectures remained an utter bore, lunch was completely uneventful, and what would seem like another peaceful day seemingly drifts by as if nonexistent. When the final bell rings, the students and faculty prepare to go home to enjoy the upcoming Golden Week. That is to say, all except for you. For those who are members of the Homurahara Occult & Horror Club, the day has yet to come to an end.

As the sun ventures beyond the horizon and the dim red light fades from the hallways, you and the other members gather in a "special" classroom on the third year floor. The room itself contains an atmosphere akin to hollowed ground. The air is unusually heavy considering how easy it is to take it. With each breath you take, it's as if a heavy stone rests within your lungs and dissipates as you exhale. All of the desks have been pushed to the side in haphazard arrangements and simple formations to accommodate whomever has chosen to use them as a seat. The lights which buzz endlessly during the day have been neglected in favor of candlelight and the faint glow of the moon illuminates what the ghostly flames can not.

"Hmm...I thought I marked that page..."

Amongst the blending of static rain and idle chatter, you hear the president's voice above all else. This is likely due to the nature of the meeting; "a special late-night event that all shall remember". Bearing this in mind, your eyes once again drift to the center of the room where what appears to be a ceremonial circle has been drawn. You've always known Haruka to have an eerie aura about her, but this has long since surpassed anything she has done in the past. Furthermore, the peculiar tattered tome which she has been attentively flipping through for the past ten minutes is continuing to draw your suspicion.

"Hey, Haruka," the vice president who has been standing next her the whole time finally speaks up, "Don't you think we should just get on with this? I'm sure it'll be fine if you can't find one little ghost story."

"Just wait a minute, will ya!? I know I can find it!"

With that being said, you begin to feel an unnatural sense of unease. It was as if something terribly unavoidable was about to happen...
100%


Prelude to the Nightmare
Welcome to this little game we like to call Onigokko. I am the "Director". If you are reading this, then you are either a very brave soul or a fool to be punished. But for now, I suppose we can allow you a brief moment of peace. After all, the festival of carnage doesn't have to begin just yet. We'll have the rest of eternity to spend together either way~

If you care to enjoy this last precious moment of peace, perhaps you'd like to briefly introduce your character? It doesn't matter to me...

When you're ready to begin the game, just walk up to Haruka at the front of the class and ask "did you find it yet". I'll be eagerly awaiting those words. So try not to keep me waiting for too long~

hero
March 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Fukuda Masahiro
Occult & Horror Club - Night


Many rumors had been floating around Fukuda Masahiro lately. Some students secretly worshipped him as a defender of the weak; others just thought of him as the average troublemaker. Truth was that, either out of respect or out of fear, not many had had the courage to approach him and have a normal conversation. Thus, it could be said that the boy did not have any real friends to hang out with. It was thanks to this that fate had one day signed him up as a member of Homurahara Occult and Horror Club. Unlike many, the seventeen year old brunette did believe in the supernatural and was enthusiastic to learn new things about the occult. The reason for this was that, well, he had seen it with his very own eyes.

Yes. Fukuda Masahiro had a secret. He was a magus.

If you could call him that. Having awakened his powers recently, he was nothing more than an amateur. Indeed, he had not been properly raised as a Magus, nor had he been aware of his status in the magic world before the moment his magic circuits activated for the very first time. Since then, he had been tried to find about his biological parents and their whereabouts, and the club was just another mean of knowing how their lives might have been like.

His eyes wandered around the room, before fixing themselves on the magic circle drawn on the floor. Matsuhiro could not help but feel curious about it. Did the president have the intention to summon some kind of mystic creature? If so, and if she were successful... Maybe that could help him understand better. But from what he had been told, this was supposed to be a late-night horror story session, so probably nothing out of the ordinary would happen again that day.

It had been a while and Fukuda was beginning to feel a little uneasy. Maybe it was because the president, Kuromusi Haruka, had not found that ghost story yet. He decided he might as well see if he could lend her a hand. Standing up, he walked up to her and Justin, the vice-president.

"Yo, Pres. Did you find it yet?"

Airen
March 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Akira Kurogane
Occult & Horror Club - Night

The end of a school day, the time of day where students pour forth from the school without regret, embracing their social lives in an attempt to lessen the stress that always seems to weigh heavily upon the minds of students. Looking down at them from a window with a small smile, I feel a sudden urge to leave along with them, to ignore my club for the day, and simply embrace the carelessness that is commonly associated with youth. Straightening my posture as the last of the students disappeared, I quietly brushed aside the strands of hair that had fallen into my eyes, pushing the thought of leaving school early from my mind as I did so.

I believed in punctuality after all, and as people expected me to be at the club today, than I would do my best to be there at the agreed upon time, which, if the fact that the sun had disappeared was any indicator, would be in just a few minutes...

Thankfully, I was close enough to the room that being late wasn't really something I needed to worry about, in fact, if I turned around now, I could see into the darkened interior of the Club Room, which seemed to have forgone use of electricity in favor of candlelight.

The president was really trying to get that 'creepy' atmosphere, wasn't she?

Slightly amused at this thought, I finally shook off my urge to stay in the hallway, and stepped into the Club Room, the large, seemingly ceremonial circle in the middle of the room being the first thing to draw my attention, simply because it was the first time Haruka had seen fit to draw such a thing. Ominous rumors were passed around the school about the Homurahara Occult & Horror Club, and seeing something like that, I vaguely wondered if perhaps there was a bit more truth to those stories than I had initially credited them with...

No, looking back on them now, the rumors were clearly exaggerated, and I didn't really believe in the supernatural, although the stories I heard here were still rather interesting in spite of that fact.

No one said anything to me as I entered the room, which didn't really surprise me that much. I kept to myself for the most part when I was at school, and even though I didn't really mean to act cold to others, it seems that the way I responded to people politely shot down most attempts at conversation.

Or at least, that was what I had learned from the rumors that were floating around the school about me, and to be honest, I didn't know how to respond too accusations that I 'didn't smile.'

And my brother... Well... He was a nice guy, and a good friend, but he was kinda... Weird...

My current lack of friends other than my only sibling aside, it seemed that the president was having a hard time locating a certain ghost story. I vaguely thought about getting up to help her look, but just as I was rising from my desk, one of my fellow club members, Fukuda, I think, approached her with appeared to be the same intent, so it was pointless for me to get up as well.

Sinking back down into my desk, I vaguely wondered exactly where my brother was anyway...

Optimus
March 18th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mark Walker
Occult & Horror Club - Night

He had to admit that this time, the president had really outdone herself. Although it obviously wasn't the first time he had been there, he couldn't help but feel there was something different about this room. It was a primitive feeling he couldn't quite get to grasp, a fear engraved deep within every single inch of his body. Although technically a magus, it'd have been just a year since he awakened his circuits, and he only knew what that guy had taught him when he wasn't busy doing whatever he pleased. Most likely, if he would have had just a bit more of knowledge, he would have left the room this very instant. However, scientific rationality was still engraved in his head, and he shook off that feeling.

Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump.

He could feel the echoes of his heartbeat in his neck and head. The muscles in his back and neck were tensed. This was not the sort of situation that threatened. The candlelights. The circle. The Moon. This did not feel like a ghost story at all. Ghost stories were supposed to be menacing.

This was more like a promise.

There was something else in the air. They say every man has a secret, and the atmosphere was perfect for everyone to look onto themselves and reflect upon their secrets and inner conflicts. He was not an exception. He had a decision to make. His thoughts clashed against each other, making all of them unintelligible.

"Yo, Pres. Did you find it yet?"

As Fukuda spoke, the tension in the air and his thoughts dissipated a little. Damn moron, can't you read the atmosphere at all? Although he wanted to say that, he couldn't help but feel slightly thankful to him. From what he knew, he was a nice guy, the sort that'd help out others. It was from him that he heard about this Horror and Occult club, and met the president. He couldn't help but smile, deep inside, at how right the president was in her suspicion that the supernatural existed. He and his own body were living proof of that.

Lying back, debating between running away and staying back, he sat on the desk an waited.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Usotsuki Houshou
The Park - Night


'Crap, crap, craaaaap! I'm going to be so late if I don't hustle!'

Usotsuki's azure eyes fluttered nervously with anticipation as he ran as fast as he could without killing himself. He had just temporarily left campus to buy himself an after-school snack as usual, a habit of his that he inadvertently had developed as time went on. He did it quite often, but always with enough time for him to make it back to the clubroom in time for Haruka's nightly festivities.

Tonight, for whatever reason, it had gone wrong.

Who knows what exactly caused it to happen? The lines could have been longer than usual. The cashier could have been slower than usual. The customers in front of him could have been more incompetent than they normally were. He might have been slower to eat it this time than the other times. He might have even accidentally fallen asleep as a result of having stayed up incredibly late the night before watching his daily quotient of anime. It might have been any of these things that could have factored into his tardiness. But the fact remained...

He was probably late.

'Christ,' he mumbled mentally, 'Now I really wish I had super speed to get me there in a flash. No sense complaining about reality's limitations, I suppose. For now, I gotta get to that clubroom A-S-A-P!!!!!!!!!'

The clopping of his shoes echoed into the night, taking him all the way to the local park.

While Usotsuki was unfamiliar of the numerous shortcuts he had taken to get to here, he was not unaware of this park. True, he had never really gone out of his way to check it out on his own, but the fact remained that he certainly knew of this park in the first place.

And for some reason the park had a heavy atmosphere.
In fact, the atmosphere was almost unbearable.

Usotsuki steeled himself and continued to run fearlessly, cutting right through the park.

Mereo Flere
March 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Merry
Occult & Horror club - Night

Merry had a tendency to be one of the last members to show up; whenever the club had a meeting, it was a safe bet that everybody else would arrive first. There was a reason, of course; though Merry would never dare speak them aloud, the simple fact was that the teenager tended to spend a bit of time getting ready. The moment school was over, it was a quick dash to a secluded bathroom stall to change; to this day, few people had ever seen Merry in uniform outside of a classroom. It had even gotten to the point that some believed that the "strange, quiet girl from the occult club" didn't attend Homuhara. Still, Merry insisted on keeping up this habit, even if it was inconvenient at times.

Today, however, was special. Their activities began in the evening - which should have left ample time for Merry to get ready and show up early. However, while Merry had arrived on time, the club had still been without its member for most the evening. The atmosphere had quite an effect on the youth, after all. Just by being in this room, Merry had become visibly unnerved - soft shivering and cold sweat merely being the first signs of how badly it had shaken the kid. Whenever a story had actually started, Merry ended up walking out - unable to listen to any more than the very beginning of any tale.

Eventually, however, the time to steel one's nerves came, and Merry returned to the room one last time. At the very least, it wouldn't do to miss whatever the president had prepared for them; that was the whole point of the meeting, after all. Rejoining the circle, Merry took a deep breath and readied for the worst.

Really, though, how bad could it be?

SeiKeo
March 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Evgenia Ivanov
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Most everyone didn't seem to notice me as they entered. Understandable: I'd been here since the end of school reading and taking notes, having nothing better to do, curled up in a corner; the fading light hid me away. Just as I liked it - the less the World noticed me, the better. Regrettably, though, this would require interaction.

Sighing, I threw my notebook into my bag, then sliding it over my shoulder. I stood up, drifting out of my corner.

The president was... tiresome at times, and at this moment in particular. Moonlit magic circles, candles... it was an atmosphere more suited for some kind of story intended to scare children than serious work. Why one would want it to be harder to see when working with things such as these eluded me. But then again, I guess it was to be expected that she was doing it wrongly.

Waste of my time. I wonder, why did I even join this 'club'? I had to have known it would be more those obsessed with counterculture and rebellion than serious investigation. But, what's done is done, and to change now would cause unnecessary suspicion.

With another sigh, I perched on the top of a desk, watching the president scramble for her story. This was going to be a long night.

RacingeR
March 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Aki Fumi - "Crimson"
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Despite being on one corner of the classroom, she was definitely very noticeable. A beauty with hair and eyes the color of recently spilled blood, it was not hard to see why everyone called her "Crimson". In reality, it was possible that very few knew her real name, and there were no real motives for people to know it, seeing as she was not someone with many friends. Except for one special case, though it was not something that normal people would call a friendship.

There was a group of boys in the school that had found her very attractive, and they would probably be surprised if they saw her as she was now, lazing at the top of a desk in a decidedly unfeminine, yet cat-like way. The spot she had chosen was perfect for observing everything on the room, and so, one could expect her to be always there, silently seeking entertainment in the people that moved around. And today, she was calmly sitting in her usual spot.

However, today she seemed to be different. Her half-smile betrayed her unusual good mood, as if she enjoyed the unease that was felt in the room. She could tell that something was going to happen soon.

Something entertaining.

And the wait just made it all the more sweeter.

I3uster
March 18th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Out the corner of her eye Maiko saw more and more members slowly trickling into the classroom. She came as early as possible, waiting at the school grounds with a book to kill time until the event started, and continued to read even as the classroom filled with the members of the Homurahara Occult and Horror Club.
Dad was at one of his business trips again, and she could not stand being alone with her brother any longer than she needed to. He wasn't any better than her classmates in treating her.

But in this club the people were nice to her, or at least nicer than her classmates. Also, most of them shared her passion for ghost stories, so she had less problems with connecting to them as she would have with others. Contact with people her age was something she desired, despite being very shy. Maybe it was the reason for her bullying problems. Maybe it was her weak body. Maybe people just didn't like her. Here it didn't matter anyway.

As she finished the chapter she laid her book down, now closely inspecting the room. The circle in the middle of the room made her think about some stories she read, about careless youths summoning beings beyond their imagination. It made her feel uneasy. As much as she liked horror stories, being part of one wasn't what she wanted. The role of an observer is always more entertaining in such a scenario, after all a big part of the enjoyment of horror stories and movies was the fact that one was not the person in danger. It could be compared to visiting a zoo, looking at dangerous animals in a safe enviroment, free of any hazard, but still being able to experience what was not possible to experience in everyday life.

She was dragged out of her train of thoughts by Fukuda walking towards the president.
Fukuda was someone very special to her, even if he barely knew her. He was a brave young man, and he once took care of annoying classmates who tried to burn one of her books with the trash. To her he was something like a modern day knight, helping the helpless. Sadly, she never had the guts to tell him that she developed a crush on him, but she would certainly do so...someday.

Apparently he tried to help another person in need right now:

"Yo, Pres. Did you find it yet?"

Bloble
March 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
Occult & Horror Club - Night

A yawn.

The man leaned against the wall of the hallway and let out a yawn. He blearily covered an eye with his hand and sighed.

"Kids these days..." He said to himself. "They sure have interesting things to spend their time on..."

Sakaki Tetsuro wouldn't call himself a boring person, and neither would any other people. As a teacher he was well known, not particularly hated by his students, and did average over all. It was a nice, quiet life, just like Tetsuro wanted.

And despite that, it was very, very boring. So when a young student of his had asked (more like demanded) him to oversee the Occult & Horror club, the man had given no objection to the idea. Although he himself had no interest in such things, Tetsuro hoped it might be interesting to see children telling each other scary stories.

This, however, was a bit more than he had expected. Meeting after school, in the evening, for some elaborate story telling?

"She's taking this very seriously..." Tetsuro noted, and sighed. Less sleep time for him, he supposed.

He opened the door, and slipped into the room. Hopefully it would just be story telling and not some evil ritual. He really didn't think himself prepared for that sort of thing. He took a seat on at free chair, and waited.

Sei
March 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM
"Yo, Pres. Did you find it yet?"

Without any kind of warning, the look of pure concentration plastered on Haruka's face is blown away by sheer delight.

"Found it!" Her sudden outburst fills the small room and calls attention to herself.

Ignoring those gathered around her, she practically skips towards the center of the room. As she enters the circle, she slows her steps and spins to check that everything is in order. Satisfied with her work, Haruka nods and positions herself at the focus of her creation. She'd lost time due to her carelessness, but that didn't matter to her anymore. It was the last day before Golden Week and Haruka had yet to truly entertain all of her club members. She absolutely had to go all out tonight.

As the remaining members sneak in, the main event starts to get under way. A single cry of thunder sounds in the background. The wind howls through the rain soon after. Iddle chatter of personal exploits, investigations, and ghost stories end and the room is given up to silence. As Haruka happily reads over the material in her hands, the shadows teetering on the edge of candlelight become noticeably darker.

"So, as I'm sure you're all aware, I've called this meeting for a very special reason. As residents of Fuyuki, I'm sure you're all aware of the many legends this city has to offer, such as the dragon under the Ryuudou Temple and the Castle in the Forest. But what I'd like to talk to you all about today is the one about the 'Fuyuki Phantoms'. You see, in preparation for this event, I've been conducting a lot of research and I think you'll all be pleased with what your beautiful president has discovered."

As Haruka introduces the subject of the evening, you notice a few of the members snap to full attention. Normally the teen would only avidly discuss mysteries that were based in reality. The story of the Phantoms has been one which has widely been speculated to exist in fantasy. After all, it is a tale of ghostly spirits who've risen from the dead and caused countless disasters over the years. While some have argued the truth behind the story, the legend remains nothing more than a series of events linked together by skepticism. The fact that Haruka would take such an interest in something like that can only be seen as out of character.

"It's a story which dates back over 200 years in Fuyuki's history...and it's one which even seems to be continuing today. Countless people with unknown origins of death, unexplained phenomena during the night, and entire neighborhoods which look like they'd been scorched by hellfire. It's all seems to be part of a ritual situated in this city," Haruka flips a page in her book and looks up with an excited smile on her face, "The Phantom Battles, if you would. Epic battles which leave there mark on our world and then fade away as if they never happened."

"Wait a minute, Haruka," The vice-president who had quietly been listening from the front of the class suddenly speaks up, "I know you tend to get ahead of yourself with these kinds of things, but just take a moment to listen to yourself. This is real life we're talking about here, not some kid's manga. For the stuff you're talking about to happen... it would take nothing short of..."

Justin's words are cut off by the sound of Haruka's foot tapping slowly against the floor. Once again, attention is drawn towards the large formation inscribed in the center of the room. Slowly putting two and two together, a look of disbelief fills the American's face as he looks up into Haruka's eyes. Even in the dim light, even though she was glancing over her shoulder, the confidence in her eyes was as clear as day.

"Ten years ago, a fire engulfed this city and claimed several lives, but no one knew how the fire started nor how it spread so quickly. Around the same time, a large number of children also went missing and later reports would reveal that they'd all been murdered. But what wasn't revealed was the manner in which they were killed," Haruka returns her attention to the book in her hands, her eyes appearing to go over a note in the margins, "'They all looked as if they'd been sacrificed for some kind of ritual' is what was said."

Haruka pauses for a moment as if taking in her own words. The enthusiasm which was flowing from her just seconds ago is practically flushed from her being. This is only momentary though as a light smile soon reappears on her face.

"Furthermore, if you recall, one of our fellow peers was attacked earlier this year, Mitsuzuri Ayako-san. During my investigation, I approached Mitsuzuri-san and asked her to tell me all that she could about the event. Naturally, I didn't get much from her, but what little I did get was pretty interesting... She told me she was attacked by a 'shadow' and felt 'completely drained afterwards'."

For the few who are already knowledgeable on the subject, the cause of Haruka's inquiry is already apparent as the Holy Grail War. It would certainly explain all of the events the president has described and seems to be the most likely answer. The real question however is where the young girl is going with this.

"Geez," Justin lets out a sigh, "People have pretty much been over this already. Bad stuff happens everywhere. Not to mention typically happening in bursts. Unless you're bringing something new to the table, there really isn't a point in talking about this sort of thing."

Justin criticizes his partner once again; however, this time she smiles in response. She turns to face fully and beams at him with a cheeriness unfit for the setting.

"So have you heard about it? ...The Legend of the Seven Warriors from Hell?"

Haruka smiles drives Justin further back into the wall. As Haruka joyful rubs the binding of her book with her fingers, Justin's eyes become fixated on it as if threatened. You notice this sudden change in the American, but it becomes a minor point of interest.

"Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Acedia, Wrath, Envy, Pride, and Vanity... Seven embodiments of sin resurrected as phantoms into our modern world to wage unholy battle for the sake of one wish. It's something that I discovered while going through my great grandfather's books...and something that sounds an awful lot like a certain legend we all know. Apparently, it's a ritual which was formed by using the lives of the living to reach what is known as Akasha. After all, ghosts need energy and there has to be some kind of payoff at the end of it all. So, going off of that, I theorize that all the murders and the incident with Mitsuzuri-san was all a part of the ritual. It was all a way to feed energy to these phantoms."

The room falls silent yet again. The air becomes so dense with tension that it practically becomes a palpable form. But it doesn't seem to affect Haruka at all. Right now, one could pretty much say she's running on confidence alone.

"...Hey, Haruka..." Justin breaks the pause, sounding unsure of if he wants to speak, "I get that you wanted to do something big... and I get that you wanted to tell some kind of ghost story or whatever...But..." The American teen glaces back at the floor, "...what's with the circle?"

The smile on the girl's face broadens. Despite the serious tone with which her partner was now speaking, she remained excited about what was happening.

"Elementary, my dear Watson. You guys are all going to line up around this circle and we're going to figure out whether or not this urban legend is real."

And just like that, Haruka seemed to say the words Justin was fearing the most. But realizing there was nothing he could do to talk his friend out of this, all he could do was remain silent.

"Don't worry, will ya. It's just for fun. It's not like magic is real or anything."

Satehi
March 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Occult & Horror Club – Night

Akira was not the brightest student in the school. No, that would be quite, quite far from the truth, and he knew it as well. He was sure his parents probably would’ve liked it had he paid more attention in class and tried harder, but no matter how hard he tried, he knew his studies would never be his strong point. Rather than his intellectual abilities, he took pride in his physical ones- which might make someone wonder why he was in the Occult club, rather than one of the sports clubs.

But he had his reasons.

Unfortunately, while he did hear most of what the president had been talking about from his position atop one of the desks in the room just now, he still wasn't quite sure what relevance it had to wait they were doing.

Phantoms, spirits who rise from the grave? While such a thing sounded quite cool, and would be indeed interesting if they really existed- he’d certainly love to meet one- in all likelihood, they were just made up tales, things people made up for some reason or other.

The seven sins incarnating and fighting for one wish? That sounded a lot like a light novel plot.

Well, it didn’t seem like that part was too important for what they were doing this afternoon- instead, it seemed like they were going to use the circle to try and call something out.

“So, Pres- what you’re saying is, we’re going to use that circle and try to summon one of those... Phantoms, which you were talking about?” He asked, trying to clarify.

Blackdeath6031
March 19th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Night

The night unsettled him. It always had, ever since what happened four years back. Especially when he was outside for the very two of the many words which didn’t gel with him.
‘Occult’, and ‘horror’.
One might ask then, why in the world did he join this club in the first place? The answer was simple – because someone claimed that he had some knowledge about it despite his fervent denial of such. Which was true too – he truly didn’t know very much about the supernatural. Shizuka clicked his tongue. He shouldn’t have opened his mouth at that time….
In the end, he didn’t really mind though – even though he was a member, he was only so in name only. He would generally skip out on gatherings and other events.

However, he wasn’t free to skip out this time. After all, it was the prez’s orders – something about her made saying ‘no’ seem enough to seal his finally normal life into something dreadful once more. Especially this once.

So there he was, leaning by the door to the dimly lit room as the young girl was flipping through the thick tome with frustration. He had no reason to say anything, because he was simply happy to listen to the chatter within the rest of the room and wait patiently.

As he did, he decided to calmly scan the room. The red-orange glow of the fading sunset had enveloped the room, making the whole scene something one would expect from a slice-of-life drama, just before people headed off back home, or before the customary outdoor folk dance at the climax of a cultural festival, before vanishing, the only source of light coming from lit candles.
Despite that – or perhaps precisely because of the candlelit night – however, the atmosphere was almost unnatural, as though something prominent in the room made relaxing rather hard and breathing even harder. Almost as though he was not permitted to be himself in the room, but had to keep his back straight, his language formal and his thoughts clean. Rather, from the perspective of Shizuka, a devout follower of the traditional Japanese Shinto-Buddhist faith, it was akin to the atmosphere surrounding a pure shrine, almost like what he had felt before when passing by Ryuudou Temple.

Soon, his eyes were drawn to the circle in the middle of the room. Shizuka knew from the get-go, despite having no true knowledge about such things, that it was undoubtedly a magic circle of sorts. Something in his head twanged, sending a concerto of shivers down his spine as though it were a harp. The very sight of it made him want to walk out.

So he did. He lifted himself off the wall and headed to the door, reaching out for the gri—

“Yo, Pres. Did you find it yet?”
A simple question, asking for a close-ended answer. For some reason it had stopped Kuboiha from touching the door and led him to turn around and look at the prez, awaiting her response. Contemplating why he did so, he reached the conclusion that his clubmate who asked was probably getting impatient. ‘Aah, no wonder,’ he thought as he lightly tapped a loosely clenched fist onto his open palm. ‘It isn’t any surprise that he’d get impatient. Rather, if may work to my advantage – an excuse to le--!’

“Found it!”
Before he could finish his thoughts, the president exclaimed, shattering any hopes he had of leaving. A few seconds in and thunder, wind loudly banging and rain splattering down against the windows, finally setting the atmosphere into one very much suited to this kind of event.
Shizuka didn’t like it. The sounds and the now nigh-complete atmosphere brought back a sense of nostalgia to that day four years back, one which he had been reminded of several times this day, but he had tried to forget since its resolution. But he had little choice in the matter, as awkwardness in leaving and the danger outside quickly convinced him to stay. Defeated, Shizuka remained silent, returning to his post on the wall by the door as he listened to the girl’s anecdote.

Various keywords and phrases popped out at him through her intoduction.
‘Dragon under Ryuudou Temple.’
‘Castle in the Forest.’
These two Shizuka recognised from somewhere before, but he deemed them of little importance.
‘Countless people with unknown origins of death.’
‘Unexplained phenomena during the night.’
‘Entire neighbourhoods which look like they’d been scorched by hellfire.’
‘Ritual’
The boy started to feel uneasy. Something seemed very….off, yet familiar.

“Ten years ago, a fire engulfed this city and claimed several lives, but no one knew how the fire started nor how it spread so quickly. Around the same time, a large number of children also went missing and later reports would reveal that they'd all been murdered. But what wasn't revealed was the manner in which they were killed, 'They all looked as if they'd been sacrificed for some kind of ritual' is what was said.”

…Then he recalled, something else which he knew very well from ten years back, in the very same Fuyuki city. His relatives were killed, his cousin missing. In the living room was what seemed to be a magic circle etched in blood, and there was a pool of blood near the staircase. Or so he had seen in a daze. What was truly there at the scene is unknown, as no one ever disclosed to him the facts.

“Elementary, my dear Watson. You guys are all going to line up around this circle and we're going to figure out whether or not this urban legend is real.”
…Those frightful words snapped him back to reality, much to Shizuka’s dismay. Some part of him wanted to run out of the room screaming and go back home, without regard for the weather. Another part wanted to try persuading the girl to stop doing something so reckless. But regardless of his desires and temptations, his legs were rooted to the ground.

Noticing that the Vice was also feeling at a loss, Shizuka sought to find what little solace he could in that single fact. How very little solace that was, however.

“Y…Y….” The boy swallowed, trying to wet his dry, dusty throat. “You sure put a lot of effort into that history lesson and the circle, prez, despite asserting that magic is false...” He said that half-jokingly, unsure whether he should take this dire situation lightly or not.

Once he said that, he brought his gaze to the circle, curious of its structure.

hero
March 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Fukuda Masahiro
Occult & Horror Club - Night


He was glad the president had managed to find the book she had been looking for. In the end, his help had not been required, but all in all, he was happy to see Haruka on high spirits. With a smile, he returned to his seat and waited patiently for her to begin her story.

It turned out to be some kind of Urban Legend. Something about seven warriors from hell fighting for one wish, all happening in the very same city where they lived. Haruka had cleverly connected the dots between mysterious events in the past decade, and concluded they were all related to the topic in question. Had a proper Magus been listening, then that person would surely identify the story as a rumor born from the last Holy Grail War ten years ago. It could be nothing more than that since part of the information did not match with the mechanics of said ritual. But to Fukuda Masahiro? Well, it was nothing more than a cool story. True, he had seen 'magic' at work with his very own eyes, and not only him but others too, so he was convinced of its existence. But something as absurd as what the president was suggesting... Let's say he had his doubts. Still, he was willing to try it out. Back in the orphanage, when the small boys that lived there could not go to the bathroom because of certain myth involving a mirror and repeating a name three times, he had been the one to step up and prove it was nothing more than a fantasy. Needless to say, he had been somewhat scared too, but he had tried it, nonetheless. Today would be the same.

"All right. Might as well give it a shot."

Saying that, he was the first to follow the president's orders and stand next to the improvised magic circle. It was then when the penny dropped. What had Haruka just said a couple of minutes ago? He tried to recall...


"Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Acedia, Wrath, Envy, Pride, and Vanity... Seven embodiments of sin resurrected as phantoms into our modern world to wage unholy battle for the sake of one wish."

Yeah, there was definitely something wrong with that sentence.

"Wait, Pres... You said that there were seven warriors, each named after a sin, no? However, I remember you naming nine sins. What's up with that?"

He scratched his head, his curiosity demanding an answer to that question.

Blackdeath6031
March 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Night

Seeing some truth in what his clubmate asked, Shizuka listened out the answer, as he reluctantly headed toward the circle. Indeed, the seven sins were out of his interests, so he knew very little of them, but now that Fukuda-san had mentioned it, he could at least understand that nine does not equal to two.

Bloble
March 19th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Tetsuro didn't usually care about magic rituals, but what the club president had said was too interesting for even him to safely ignore.

Seven deadly sins? Murders 10 years ago? Summoning ritual? It was much too interesting for him to not pay attention to. He had kept an eye open during his student's explanation, and a few things had struck him as odd.

However, before he could say anything some of his more perceptive students asked the one of the questions he had been meaning to ask. Why nine sins? It was certainly a curious dilemma, but it was not the main problem of the matter. No, Tetsuro was concerned about something else.

"Ah, Miss President..." His quiet and even voice cut through the soft murmuring occurring around the room. "Forgive me for interrupting, but I do have one small concern." He hadn't missed the fidgeting and nervous behaviours of a few of the students. Surely a few of them were possibly quite a bit... nervous. That would not do. So he spoke up from his seat near the back of the room. It wasn't normal for a teacher to interrupt a student club meeting, but it was also his duty to make sure nothing dangerous would happen to his students.

"While I do think that this ritual and story is quite fascinating..." He continued. "You did mention something about murders occurring in conjunction with this story, as well as summoning the incarnations of the deadly sins. Can I assume that you have taken the appropriate... safety measures to make sure nothing unfortunate happens?" He had heard of what Mitsuzuri had gone through from colleagues, and such a thing happening to the Occult & Horror Club would be most unfortunate.

I3uster
March 19th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Maiko Kisaragi
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Maiko had heard of the great fire before, even though her family only mvoed to Fuyuki 2 years ago, but it being connected to some strange "ritual" was something new to her. It didn't really help her inner tension. Tempting evil spirits was not something one should do for fun, and it could end badly for everyone involved. Dismising the existence of such beings as superstition was foolish in her opinion

But would anyone listen to her if she warned them? Would Haruka just pack up her things, erase the magic circle and be done with it, turning it into a boring sleepover at school? Maiko would be the buzzkill again, and she'd lose the little social contacts she had. And all of this because of a bad gut feeling. Still she wanted to say something, maybe she could make her reconsider her actions.

"B-be careful...please"

Maiko was not made for persuasion.

Verg Avesta
March 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Rolanda A. Knox

Occult & Horror Club – Night

Flick!

A light illuminated the night for the briefest of moment, before dying and leaving behind just a small eye of fire that stared at the alley cats that crept through the dark hours of Fuyuki City. The person holding this source of light took a drag from the cigarette and blew out the smoke while savoring the taste. She absent-mindedly fixed the ribbon of her uniform while staring off into the distant space that is called “sky”.

Moon acted as a sort of spotlight for Rolanda A. Knox.

Now that nearly all teachers and students had left the building, she could indulge herself into her small vice. Not many people knew about it. This was, of course, she was very careful in maintaining her appearance as a foreign honor-student with the personality of an angel and innocence of Virgin Mary. Well, that did not mean she was going to give birth to the savior any time soon. In fact, if Rolanda had to guess, she would have given birth to a new Moriarty or something.

“I give to you and you give to me. True love, true love. So on and on it will always be. True love, true love…”

Rolanda quietly hummed herself, reciting one of her least favorite songs. She never really saw the idea on singing the songs you loved; those you could remember anytime.
------- But remembering what you disliked……..now there was a challenge.

Eventually Rolanda finished her cigarette, threw it to the ground and stumped it with her heel. Then she proceeded to move some sand on top of the stump to cover it. Simple, but in the corner of the school-building it would not gather too much attention. She picked up her school bag, took some perfume and covered the smell of cigarette with it, before proceeding to leave the shadowy spot and enter the building.

She had heard the club president announce that there would be something worth of interest happening this night.

“For you and I have a guardian angel. On high with nothing to do. But to give to you and to give to me. Love forever true.”

Rolanda was not really a fan of the president. If she had to choose, her feelings were more akin to annoyance. But, the club was interesting enough way to pass time while she was finishing her educations here in Japan. A way to add something to her “vacation” before she would tackle the load of work she had been given.

Eventually, she was standing in front of the club room’s door. With a graceful move she opened it and slipped inside, placing a gentle smile on her face once more. It was the type of smile that made people instantly lower their guards. Innocent, slightly intelligent but not too much, a smile that nearly called for trusting the person wearing it.

Just the kind of smile that was useful for Rolanda.

“I apologize for my tardiness. However, I---“

“Found it!”

Well, well. Seems like she has come up with something new to insult my little grey cells again.

In her mind, Rolanda rolled her eyes.

She stayed silent and quietly slipped into a chair nearby, listening to the conversation while watching the crowd that had gathered. It seemed that Kurogane was her somewhat insecure self, her body language betraying intense thoughts about something other than what was currently happening. Walker and Ivanov were polar opposites in their demeanor, and their apparent feelings towards the idiotic show that the president had created.

The most pleasure Rolanda got from watching Kisaragi’s pitiful eyes as she pined after the ever-oblivious Fukuda. Seeing such unrequited love cause pain to the girl made her feel all giddy, and had she not been in school, she would have probably burst into laughter and ridiculed her straight to her face.

------------- But as that option was not option to her, Rolanda simply settled for eating a chocolate-cookie she fished out from her bag.

While she thoughts about this, Rolanda’s other brain cells were processing the bunch of nonsense the president was feeding them, along with the reactions of the other students. It seemed that either the president could not count (which would not have surprised Rolanda), or that there was more to the story (Which she had forgotten to mention; not a surprise, either).


"Wait, Pres... You said that there were seven warriors, each named after a sin, no? However, I remember you naming nine sins. What's up with that?"

“Now, now, Fukuda-san. Surely the president has a reason to not include the other two”, Rolanda said with a sweet tone. “We are High School students, after all. Elementary level mathematics should be possible for all, no?”

And then the teacher who styled himself as boring like an actor from a bad theater troupe spoke up.


“While I do think that this ritual and story is quite fascinating…You did mention something about murders occurring in conjunction with this story, as well as summoning the incarnations of the deadly sins. Can I assume that you have taken the appropriate... safety measures to make sure nothing unfortunate happens?"

“Surely you jest, Sakaki-sensei”, Rolanda answered with a pleasant giggle. “Of course our president would not be such an air-head that she would not ensure our safety, even when dealing with possible mysteries and supernatural phenomena. Is it not the duty of the club president to care about the well-being of the members of her club?”

A mask of honor student saying words that sounded nothing but genuine and caring, only filled with utter trust towards her peers and kindness in general.

They were the favorite type of insults Rolanda A. Knox sowed around her.

Mellon
March 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Troph
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Suddenly, a shout rang from the corner of the classroom.



"NOOOOOOOOOO!"



The seemingly urgent shout came from an unkempt, dark haired boy as seemingly intently stared at the desk in front of him. His chair was lying in the floor, seemingly pushed over as he had jumped up from his position, and he was shaking his, rather skinny looking, fist at the table. His heated voice echoed through the classroom.

At what appeared to be a black handheld game system of some sort.

"What with this completely formulaic plot construction? Judging from the reviews, this should be a "masterpiece" with an innovative and unique storyline, but this is just a fancy rehash of the same themes you have shot out for the past three or four games, just more convuluted in it's execution! Increasing the number of completely arbitrary secondary characters to the main plot does not cooount! "

"Give me my money baaaack!"

Raising his dark brown, almost black, eyes towards the sky, he raised his fist and now shook it at seemingly heavens themselves.

"A pox upon thy house, Square-Enix, a pox! Damn you and your money grubbing ways!"

Then, finally noticing that everyone's attention was on him, he lowered his head and looked at the rest of the classroom. His wide dark eyes quickly scanned over the room, before he spoke.

"Ara...? Kaichou, are you trying out another rumor? Please tell me it is not going to be like the time we tried out Bloody Mary? Staring at the mirror for three hours gave me a headache next day."



"Maybe it would be better for you to resolve all that sexual tension between you and Fuku-kaichou, instead of trying out these theories? It would seem like time better spent."

Bloble
March 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
Occult & Horror Club - Night


“Surely you jest, Sakaki-sensei”, Rolanda answered with a pleasant giggle. “Of course our president would not be such an air-head that she would not ensure our safety, even when dealing with possible mysteries and supernatural phenomena. Is it not the duty of the club president to care about the well-being of the members of her club?”

Tetsuro turned towards the one who had addressed him. Ah, the foreign student. One of Tetsuro's more interesting students. Interesting enough for him to remember her name, at least.

"Sadly, I do not jest, Miss Knox, although I am glad to see you have faith in our president's competence." Tetsuro replied with a gentle smile dancing across his face. "While I am sure that the club president has everything perfectly under control and she has my confidence, it is nonetheless prudent to be certain of such things, especially when playing with fire." Yes. Even if the chance of something bad happening was infinitely small, as long as it wasn't zero, there was no reason for Tetsuro to hesitate.

"And..." He continued, his eyes burning with a rekindled curiosity. "I am quite interested in how the president intends to control whatever might... possibly be summoned from this ritual."

Optimus
March 19th, 2012, 01:30 PM
“Now, now, Fukuda-san. Surely the president has a reason to not include the other two”, Rolanda said with a sweet tone. “We are High School students, after all. Elementary level mathematics should be possible for all, no?”

-" I bet that's why Fukuda-san is interested on it in the very first place, and why I'm also intrigued about it as well."

It was his way of saying "Shut up, I'm not as clever as you, and that's precisely why I'm trying to listen."

Thump thump. Thump thump.

He could hardly hear or feel himself. After the President's words, he couldn't help but feel something was amiss. Technically, a non-magus should not be able to make a circle. Technically, a ritual circle should not work just because. Yet, that person had once warned him that there was no "no way", even in the modern age, if one ventured enough into the places where darkness was the last thing to worry about.

It won't work. It won't work, right? So, why the fuck am I sweating like a goddamned pig? Calm down man, just walk to the circle, see how it fails, and go back home. Makes sense huh? Come on. And...

If it happens, I've got no choice but to stand up and survive, no matter what.

RacingeR
March 19th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Aki Fumi - "Crimson"
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Crimson remained silent as the president of the club finally found what she searched. The reactions everyone was having to the strange unease that filled the place were extremely entertaining. They were more spineless than she had thought, judging of how some of them were practically shitting their pants.

I wonder... is the president the only one that does not feel it? As Haruka started her story, for a moment so brief that nobody was able to perceive, the red haired girl's face showed an amount of seriousness that was definitely out of character for her, and her narrowed eyes fell on the circle. Then, a strange smile appeared on her mouth. She could almost taste it! The entertainment she wished for was at the reach of her hand, and Crimson, who thrived in this sensation, felt her expectations grow. It seemed that attending to this night was not going to be a waste.

She barely noticed as her 'best friend' entered the room, so concentrated she was on the story that the president was narrating. It was not the first time she had heard some of those rumors, and most of it made sense for her, since Fuyuki had an unusual activity of magi. Her clan had even informed her of some kind of crazy ritual they used to do in the city, but it had not been something that concerned her on the first place, and her information on the matter was lacking. Well, those things did not matter much. Crimson was content with waiting patiently, and observing the reactions of her fellow members. She had to put some effort to not giggle at Rolanda's words. Her 'friend' never failed at entertaining her.

That boring teacher was surely annoying, though...

Sei
March 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM
"Ara...? Kaicho, are you trying out another rumor? Please tell me it is not going to be like the time we tried out Bloody Mary? Staring at the mirror for three hours gave me a headache next day."

"Kaicho?"

Haruka tilts her head not only in response to the sudden outburst but also to the foreign student's odd expression. It's not that it didn't make complete sense...just fairly broken sense. And, sadly, that says a quite a bit. Still, something that odd is fairly character for the person who hadn't figured out the Bloody Mary event was a penalty for losing in a penalty game.

"Taicho," reading the confused expression on her face, Justin calls out to her with a sigh, "He meant to say Taicho."

Flustered at how easily she was thrown off at her own language, Haruka pouts and leers at Justin over her shoulder. Basically, this was there unspoken language...


“Now, now, Fukuda-san. Surely the president has a reason to not include the other two”, Rolanda said with a sweet tone. “We are High School students, after all. Elementary level mathematics should be possible for all, no?”

Returning to the matter at hand, Haruka puts a smile back on her face and begins to answer questions.

"Nox-kun is right, mostly anyways," keeping herself from insulting Rolanda, Haruka changes her focus, "Fukuda-kun, I glad you noticed that. I expected nothing less from you. You see, to be honest, I found that weird myself when reviewing the text; however, upon inspection I found that it's no mistake. Nine sins, but only seven warriors. I looked quite a bit for a further explanation to this, but I couldn't find anything. So...I came up with my own theories. The most concrete being that only seven warriors can be chosen from a pool of nine. After all, it makes sense because in order for a single spirit to fully manifest, it would take a lot of energy. Then you're talking about giving them physical form and making them strong enough to cause wide-scale damage on top of that. Now I'm no expert on the subject, but going off the scarcity of phantom tales and the number of deaths which accompany those events, I'd say we're talking about a quantity of energy which would take some decades to accumulate, and even that seems to be pushing it. At the very least, this theory coincides with how there are nine deadly sins, but only seven are really recognized."

The club president has clearly switched back into full investigation mode. The fact that she has conducted so much research into something she normally wouldn't give the time of day shows that she has just about convinced herself. But what is truly terrifying is just how close to the truth she has come.

"But then I came up with another theory: the 'Extra Player' Theory," Haruka's voices lowers as she brings one hand to her chin, "You see, after looking at the information again, I realized that this folio doesn't describe the warriors as being chosen, but resurrected. So, in a way, what starts off as nine phantoms of sin becomes two plus seven warriors. So, through the use of this ritual, we'd end up with seven beings which can interact with the physical would and two which can interact with the spiritual world... Kind of like unborn persons or wandering ghosts. Of course, this theory is still sketchy, but I do believe there is some significance in the wording and the ratio of sins to warriors."

By this time, the club president has fully immersed herself in the text resting in her hand. It was as if she was trying to break down the text in real time, unaware that she was already in the middle of something.

"Either that... or we have the 'Sacrifice' Theory, in which the life energy of the living isn't enough. With this third theory, I believe that in order to make up for the lack of energy, the unchosen two are used in order to make up for the difference. This one is still fairly new, but certain things in this writing hint towards the possibility. Such as never mentioning the participation of nine in the ritual, but always listing all nine sins..."

The inquisitive young woman finally lifts her eye from the text and scans the room with a smile. Realizing that she's gone on somewhat of a tangent, she sticks out her tongue jokingly and gives off a light shrug. With that, she closes her great grandfather's folio and tucks it neatly under her arm.

"Anyways, what we'll be doing tonight is just a little exercise of our city's urban legend. Since we've yet to look at anything local in this club, I thought it would be kind of fun to try out before Golden Week. Even more so because there is so much information out there on it," with a look of confidence on her face, Haruka takes the mysterious book from under her arm and waves it through the air, "If it's bunk, we can proudly say we squashed one of Fuyuki's great mysteries. And if it's real... well... I guess we'll talk to a ghost."


"And..." He continued, his eyes burning with a rekindled curiosity. "I am quite interested in how the president intends to control whatever might... possibly be summoned from this ritual."

"And don't worry, Sakaki-sensei. If by chance something does come through, I got Issei-san to bring me special spiritual charms straight from the Ryuudou Temple. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. After talking to one of my father's colleagues, I've determined that with the little amount of 'mana' we will produce, we'd achieve a partial haunting at best. Just enough to prove if this is the real deal."

As if patting herself on the back, Haruka proudly sticks out her chest and poses triumphantly. She seemed to have everything figured out already and only needed to execute the plan.

"So lets go, guys. Lets get this show on the road!"

Optimus
March 19th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Mark Walker
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Screw it.

With determination, and thinking everything's already decided, he steps forward towards the circle. There's nothing that can be really done at this point. He's wasted a year since he arrived there and he has not improved at all. He must become harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

All for the sake of meeting that person once more.

He had wondered many times how it would go. No, he understood very well how it would go. What he wondered was what would happen afterwards. Somehow, and although his bonds with them were not deep...

When the moment arrives, will he be able to let go?

Airen
March 19th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Akira Kurogane
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Having once had access to case files of the Fuyuki fire incident, it was rather clear to me that the president had actually done her research for this little presentation of hers, although I couldn't help but doubt that the great fire was caused by anything supernatural, even if no actual evidence as to the cause of the conflagration had been located at the scene. Still, even if logic dismissed any notions of ghosts, or the seven deadly sins incarnate, it was a rather unsettling tale, and judging from the way Maiko's voice shook out a warning to be careful, it seemed that I wasn't the only one who felt a bit wary about actually stepping into a circle to do what the president had asked.

I knew I was just being silly, spirits didn't exist after all, but there was still some part of me that didn't really seem to like the idea...

Still, I didn't want to leave early and seem like I wimped out, this was just another supposedly supernatural incident that I would prove to be false, there was really no need for me to be nervous.

...So why couldn't I shake this feeling?

"Maiko," standing up, I extended my hand to the girl, pushing aside my own insecurities in an attempt to reach out to the girl, "It'll be okay, it's nothing more than a story," I paused for a moment, then smiled in as kind a manner as I knew how, "Come on, I'll even stand with you in case something happens."

I suppose it wasn't really like me to reach out to someone else, but Maiko had seemed scared enough that I couldn't help but to try, and besides, helping her would let me ignore my own, illogical thoughts about this whole situation.

And well... I apparently needed to practice being more friendly...

Verg Avesta
March 19th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Rolanda A. Knox
Occult & Horror Club – Night

Half-baked and researched information about a ritual that once again ends up being pure nonsense? It seems that our president has once again proved all her little grey cells were converted into those bulging sacks of fat dangling from her chest.

Well, that was what Rolanda wanted to say, especially after Harumi’s triumphant pose. But she refrained. Allowing herself to sink to the levels of these simpletons would have sullied the name of her great-grandfather.

Instead, she focused her attention on the unlikely attempt from Kurogane to comfort Kisaragi. Rolanda kept the ridiculing smile strictly in her smile and simply kept her usual expression as she got up from her chair, moving to her place on the edge of the circle.

“Indeed. It will not be that bad, Kisaragi-san. After all, our president did say she researched the target of the ritual we are now attempting. And she even acquired some protection from the local temple! I am sure we will be alright”, she said with a reassuring tone. “I do not think there shall be any fear for us to be devoured or murdered by spirits like all those before. Not to mention this school turning into sea of flames is very unlikely. Why, the fire department is situated only few blocks of away, so even if something did burn, I am sure we would be alright.”

Administer images of nightmare in the guise of compassion. Yet another trick that Rolanda was very fond of.

“Well, that is to expect that this supernatural is any more real than what we have seen before”, Rolanda added. “Alas, such occurrences are few in this world…”

SeiKeo
March 19th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Evgenia Ivanov
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Well. Stupid, hairbrained, barely sensible, based on a hunch and a feeling, badly thought out and more. Oooh, yes, here's a ritual that might summon the embodiment of Wrath and co. I know what! Let's try it first thing without any safety measures or investigation! No, not a good idea at all.

It would be far too easy to feign sickness or family needs and leave everyone else to whatever the consequences of failure would be. And that was why the situation was so terrible. It was a bad idea... that was perfect. Something as illogical as the summoning of Sin and reacing alternate dimensions was just about exactly what I needed. Nowhere in the normal framework of the world did it fit, not at all.

I drifted into the circle, edging in just far enough to be inside.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 19th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Usotsuki Houshou
Occult & Horror Club - Night

'Is the president serious about this?' Usotsuki thought to himself when considering at the bold scenario imposed by the Occult & Horror Club's president. 'No, wait. She obviously is. She always is. That straightforwardness is, after all, part of her character.'

He scowled, just a little, as he contemplated the next best course of action.

'The thing is...what to do now?'

On one hand, this situation had an oddly, he wouldn't describe it as "sinister", per se, but the atmosphere was still heavy, dense, and tense, laced with the paranoia and dread that his fellow classmates were undoubtedly feeling as they were also running through the options in their heads.

On the other hand, this was truly something. Wasn't this what he lived for, after all? The chance to live something out of fiction, even if it was just a chance, was one that he would not let slip by out of principle. Yet still. Still he felt a strange apprehensiveness weigh down on his shoulders, crushing his very existence the more he considered things.

'Jitters. It's all jitters, obviously. I'm not afraid. Not at all. No really, I'm not. Actually, this is exciting. I'm not nervous because I'm afraid, I'm nervous because I'm excited. Seriously, this is really, really something! This...this is what it means for me to live! And I'm not even living it yet!'

"Eh, it's not like I have much sense of self-worth anyway. Who else wants to join me in the circle?" Usotsuki calmly, happily said as he stepped up to the site of the ritual. He was all but quaking with anticipation the moment he stood at the place, for to Usotsuki's rushing imagination it felt as if he were standing at the precipice to a whole other world. Surely before him was a door. "Now, now, everyone, don't be shy!"

And if this was all just a sham, he would just take this in stride and file this little event neatly away with all the other lies that were a part of his life.


'Come on now. President, show me that elusive truth that not even I can be sure of!'

I3uster
March 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Occult & Horror Club - Night


"Come on, I'll even stand with you in case something happens."Encouraging words. They helped her in this situation. She should really ease up, it was just playing around after all.
What's the worst that could happen? From what she heard of the conversation between the president and Sakaki-sensei there were some safety measures taken already in the unlikely case of an evil spirit answering to this amateur summoning.
As she adjusted her glasses she gave Akira a slight smile.
"T-thank you, Akira."Her breathing became steadier, and her eyes were now looking at Haruka with less fear and more curiosity than before.
A glimmer of courage, swiftly snuffed out by Rolanda before she had chance to get accustomed to it.

“Alas, such occurrences are few in this world…”
After Rolanda finished her...unconventional approach to helping a frightened girl, Maiko's gaze once again resembled a bunny looking at a venomous snake directly in front of it.
"Y-yeah, that...that won't h-happen. H-how wonderful!"
Now she really started to feel uncomfortable. Should she tell the president to stop?
No. Akira was here to watch out for her, the charms were ready, her teacher would interrupt any strange occurences for sure...nothing bad would happen.
Then why am I so nervous?
This was not good. This was not good at all. She could find peace only in one thought
If it's getting out of hand, and something really, really bad happens to me or Akira, maybe I can contact Nee-san. She'd help me for sure!

Mereo Flere
March 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Merry
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Magic was not an unfamiliar concept to Merry - especially considering the fact that this was a club about the occult and other mysterious things. It seemed ridiculous, however, to try out this ritual that their president had found. Not because it wouldn't work; it was unlikely that it would. However, if it did...

Well, it just didn't seem like some spiritual charms from the local temple would work. "Embodiments of Sin" didn't exactly sound like some low level spirit, after all, especially considering the supposed scale of these ghosts' activities. If they accidentally recreated the events in Haruka's stories, it would be likely that the sacrifices mentioned would involve the people who summoned these spirits.

At the same time, Merry was curious; after all, how often was it that you met the unliving? There was no way to tell if Haruka's guesses were right - and it wasn't Merry's place to judge them without having seen them first hand. Who knows... maybe they were actually friendly ghosts, like Casper or that nice, friendly seeming girl... what was her name - Sadako?

After a moment, Merry nodded - showing approval for the President's plan, despite some slight hesitation. Everyone needed to be given a chance, even if you were a vengeful spirit of sin.

RacingeR
March 19th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Aki Fumi - "Crimson"
Occult & Horror Club - Night

Okay, now that was dissappointing. She had indeed put some research on that, and she seemed to even have a precarious grasp of how magi did things, or at least her explanation had sounded similar to that. Well, actually, it was not as if Crimson really cared about the mechanics and all that, as long as something happened.

But at least try to not sound so half-baked, prez-chan. I am having a pretty good sensation about this.

Crimson took her place on the circle, with no hints of nervousness, and rather, her good mood was almost palpable. "I hope this does not turn into another failure, prez~" She spoke for the first time since she had entered the classroom. "I have the sensation this one will turn to be very entertaining~." Her sing-song voice carried barely some hints of sarcasm, but it did not seem that Crimson harbored any animosity towards Haruka.

The smile betrayed the redhead's giddiness, and the air around her was noticieably heavier. Somehow, she knew that they were going past some kind of point of no return, and the mere thought excited her. She did not even pay attention to Maiko's terror, something that she would normally find very amusing. Crimson was fully concentrated in the circle before her.

Airen
March 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Akira Kurogane
Occult & Horror Club - Night

To be honest, I sometimes thought that Rolanda phrased things the way she did on purpose, as if it was her intent to mess with the head of whoever she was talking to at all times. Sure, she was fine at school, and I was probably the only one who thought that her smile may be a bit too convincing, but I had been trained to notice the small things...

Of course, I could be wrong about her, but that would mean that Rolanda was just plain terrible at comforting people...

Which, I'll admit, was a distinct possibility.

"Well, um," I really wasn't used to this whole 'comforting' thing, "Rolanda has an... Interesting way of putting things, but she's right when she says that there's nothing to fear." I smiled at Maiko in what I hoped was a comforting manner, "No sea of flames, no being eaten by spirits, it's all just a story."

...Still, something felt off.

Sei
March 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Watching silently as everyone finds a spot on the circle, Haruka can't help but smile in excitement. It was true that she might not have thought the whole thing out, but she figured she didn't have to. After all, the text was a mystery to her. If she'd known all the answers to it already, she wouldn't be able to enjoy it with her friends. And while the mystery delved into something she didn't particularly care for, the extensive notes left by her mentor were an oddity. For as far back as she could remember, Haruka was always told to only investigate the mysteries of reality as they'd provide far more entertainment than those of fiction. So for her great grandfather to have chronicled so much on something generally accepted as fiction before his death... it was as if she was holding the old man's life work in the palm of her hands. To share something like that with her extended family, however nonsensical it seemed, it was the ultimate mystery for her.

"Alright," Haruka snaps back to reality as she reopens the book, "Let's get started!"

Just as Haruka gets ready to read off the chant for the ritual, she notices that one spot on the circle has yet to be filled. Turning a full 180 degrees, she sees none other than Justin still standing by the chalkboard. Naturally, she wanted to yell at him playfully as she always does, but she soon finds that she can't. It was just for an instant, but there was a fierce, almost scary, intensity in her friend's eyes as he gazed at the circle. It was as if his eyes had become a never-melting ice holding back and intense blaze, if only for a second.

"Just-"

"Geez."

Before the president can even mutter the boy's name, he seemingly returns to normal and steps towards the circle, grabbing the chalk off of the teacher's podium as he does. He walks past the boundary and steps into the circle alongside Haruka, kneeling down upon stopping. The action causes Haruka to step back, as she opted to wear a skirt, but it allows for her to notice what Justin was doing.

"If you're going to draw something with chalk, at least try not to mess it up when you walk all over it." The young man speaks with a sigh as he redraws a portion of the area Haruka was just standing on. His voice still portrays a certain reluctantness to go about the ordeal, but his swift reconstruction of the ruined area seems to argue the opposite. In just a matter of seconds, he's done and he stands back up to assume his position on the circle. "Honestly, you were about to get us blown to bits or something." With his trademark sarcasm, Justin takes yet another shot at his dear friend with a smile on his face.

Feeling somewhat reassured, Haruka mindfully gets back into position and opens the book to the page tabbed 'chant'. The storm brewing outside grows in intensity and roars, but Haruka becomes calm as breathes deeply and begins to read.

Blood and iron to the flames. Mind and body cast into Hell.
The heart falls upon thy sword and forsaken life is woven into thy vessel.
The inferno is birthed from collective sin spilling out and thrown to the four directions.
Death and rebirth. Constructed five times over, the defiled body paves the way to unholy ruin.
Even still, a hollowed being is a simple price to pay.
Therefore, I announce---
You whoms fate shall be chained to my own as mine chained to yours,
in accordance with price to claim the Holy Grail, if your avarice extends beyond emotion, reason, pain, and torment, then answer!
I am the one who will become all the good of the world of the dead.
You are the one who will become all the evil of the world of the living.
So, great keeper of balance clad in chaos, step through this magic ring and release me from these chains which bind reality!
Allow me the chance to grasp that which is seeped in blood and sorrow!

As the last word is spoken, silence once again fills the room. Sheets of rain continue to buffet the classroom windows and the wind continues to wail in the darkness. Everything remains unchanged and the elaborate ritual dies off into the night.

"..."

"...Haruka!"

The nightly doldrum is broken by none other than Justin as he instantly dives towards his friend. At the same moment, the young woman instinctively turns to look behind herself and is shocked at what she finds. There, as if impersonating her own shadow, a black figure looms over her person. It possesses no features, nor any kind of presence, but the human-shaped body resonates despair, paralyzing Haruka instantly.


http://images.wikia.com/typemoon/images/c/c4/ScreenShot080a.jpg


Finally noticing the figure in the darkness, you move to react but find that your body doesn't respond. Unparalleled pain soon races through your body as the circle you stand on fills the room with a crimson hue. Soon after, your body as well as everyone else's begins to deconstruct. Everything is happening in an instant, but what you're now experiencing seems to go on for an eternity. As your body vanishes into the air, you feel as though every cell in your body is being carefully burned and the compounding pain assails your brain. And just before your mind succumbs to the immense torture, you witness as the black shadow's arm scythes through the air and cuts Justin in two. The young man is silenced before he even knew what happened and his best friend is forced to watch it as she slowly fades away.

"Thank you... Master..."

The mouthless creature speaks with an inhuman gurgle which rings clear in your ears. As the scene before you returns to real time, your mind slips into blissful darkness.

100%

---Record 1//Demons---
"Man is the greatest monster of all..."


Time Unknown
School Building
Group 1 (RacingeR, Mereo Flere, Bloble, Blackdeath, MssrNeko, Lianru, Drakon, and Haruka)

Background Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGPoLCY0xU)

When you come to, you find yourself in what appears to be a classroom unlike your own. The room reflects years of wear and neglect. Virtually everything is layered with a thick sheet of dust and what little desks that are in the room are carefully stacked against the two entrances along with several other broken items to form what would appear to be barricades. The chalkboard at the front of the room is cluttered with writing, some in chalk and some in a curious red, and the only source of light is coming from the front most window, the only one which isn't boarded up.

Aside from you and a couple of others, it's safe to assume that no one has been here for awhile.

100%

Time Unknown
Hospital Building
Group 1 (Hero, Optimus, I3uster, and Satehi)

The sound of dripping water is what pulls you from your slumber. As you attempt to shake off your disorientation, you find yourself in what appears to be a large open room. As there are no windows around, it remains very hard to see what all is around you at first, but the single flickering light above allows you to see enough to understand the situation.

Alongside you are a couple of other members of the club and you are all lying in a massive puddle of blood. You're able to determine that it came from neither of you, but the sheer volume can only mean that more than one person was involved in whatever happened. And it's not just the floor, but the walls as well. Hand prints and smears paint almost every inch of the visible room and likely the other half which remains in darkness. Following the most notible trail along the floor, you see a singular exit, but can't determine whether the trail leads out or in. However, what the discovery does lead you to is the identity of your location, engraved in the foundation above the doorway. It reads 'Morque'.

100%

Time Unknown
Park
Group 3 (Mellon, LeopardBear, Verg Avesta, Airen, and Irun)

Upon regaining consciousness you find yourself in the center of an odd mist. Your visibility within the immediate area seems fine; however, you realize that items a few yards away are shrounded in a much denser fog. Regardless, you're able to pick yourself up and gather that you've somehow ended up outside. Unfortunately, aside from a bridge crossing over a river behind you and an elaborate looking building on a hill before you, you're unable to make out much due to the fog.

Aside from the handful of people around you and the wind in the trees, all is silent around you. It's somewhat calming, but unnerving as well.

100%


Let the Game Begin~
Welcome all to my little playground. Here is where all the fun will begin. Now that you're all seperated, I can play with you all a little bit~ But I wonder what I should do first? Pluck one of you off!? Send in a horde!? The possibilities are endless now. And I've got the rest of eternity to play with my new toys~

Oh? What's that? You want to know what to do? HAHAHAHAHA! You're on your own! I'm just here to watch you rot in despair as I slowly kill each and every last one of you~ How you survive up until the end is none of my concern... However, I suppose if I'd want to make this more interesting for myself... I could say to learn from those who have already lost.

Verg Avesta
March 26th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Rolanda A. Knox
Misty Park - Time Unknown

”………Guh.”

Rolanda groaned painfully as she rose up from the ground. Her whole body was aching from the pain, caused by what she had just been through. But it was not as if she was really caring about the pain. No, her brains simply registered it as an annoyance as it did not allow her body to act on par with her little grey cells.

With a disgusted look, one that very unlike the one she wore in the classroom, Rolanda started to look around her. She glanced over the people who were with her in the park. As fitting, it was not nearly all of the members of the club. If she had to guess, she would have said they were now in completely different places………..But not out of reach.

Akira Kurogane. Evgenia Ivanov. Usotsuki Houshou. And the self-named ”Troph”. Rolanda sighed in annoyance as she looked at those who had appeared in the same place as her.

“Figures. The most use you will be will be a sacrifice to keep away whatever is toying with us right now”, she muttered to herself and fished her pack of cigarettes from inside her large jacket.

Lucky Bastard – That was the brand of the cigarette.

She quickly flicked open her lighter and lighted up the cigarette, creating a small spot of light inside the mist. The cigarette she started smoking, breaking her honor student image completely, was surprisingly long, and with the way Rolanda smoked it, it seemed like it would not go out any time soon. For a moment, Rolanda took her cigarette between her fingers and held it at arm’s length, as if testing how visible the light was.

“Well, should be enough”, she continued to mumble, and then put her hand in her bag.

Inside, she tested the smooth surface of something she had hidden there. And with precision of a person who knows exactly where everything inside her bag was, she moved the parts of the delicate “item” she had hidden inside. And finally, after turning something around 10 times, she was satisfied. She would be ready now, which was more than could be said about most.

As if in an after-thought, Rolanda took an ebony walking cane from inside her long jacket, tested it a few times in her hand, and then took it to her right hand and pressed the tip against the ground. She looked around, glaring at the people around her, and finally, with a sigh of annoyance and impatience, she hit Usotsuki, who happened to be nearest, with her cane.

Hard.

“Start moving, people. Or did you forget your little grey cells back at home?” she asked, taking another drag from her cigarette.

MssrNeko
March 26th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Ethan Kane
School Building
Time Unknown

".....Ugh."

Holding his head, Ethan Kane rises from the dusty floor of the abandoned classroom. Shaking dust and fatigue from his head, he looks around. He was in a classroom---But this wasn't the classroom they were previously in. Everything was covered in dust and it looked like the room hasn't been used in ages. The entrances were blocked and the chalkboard was covered in messages, some of them eerily colored red. But all that can wait, he needed to check on the others.

Spotting Haruka nearby, Ethan hurries to the president's side. Tapping her face lightly, Ethan says, "Haruka. Haruka. Wake up! Haruka!"

Quickly glancing at the other sleepers, Ethan notices that some of the club members are missing.

Sei
March 26th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Spotting Haruka nearby, Ethan hurries to the president's side. Tapping her face lightly, Ethan says, "Haruka. Haruka. Wake up! Haruka!"

Despite your efforts, Haruka doesn't wake.

Upon taking a closer look, you realize that her breathing seems normal despite the light sweat forming on her forehead and the troubled expression on her sleeping face.

While you are worried about her, you figure she'll be okay for now...

Mereo Flere
March 26th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Merry
School - Time Unknown

"..."

With a soft, almost inaudible moan, Merry finally stirred - eyes opening to an unfamiliar room. For a few moments, the youth simply stared at the chalkboard, trying to recollect exactly had happened. Though there was no memory of how they had gotten here, the image of the shadow was still clear in Merry's head. The ritual had worked, it seemed - and they had been whisked away to this unknown location. Already one of them had already been killed - bisected before anybody could do anything - and taking a quick look around it became clear that they had been separated from the others.

Whatever that shadow was, it was evil. By taking that person away, there was no doubt in Merry's mind what had to be done. There was absolutely no way it would be allowed to get away with this.

Gritting one's teeth, Merry stood up. Unlike Ethan, however, Merry didn't check on the other sleepers, believing that they would eventually stir on their own. The truth was that they would eventually have to get out of here, and the sooner they did that the better. With the only two entrances blocked by a barricade of desks, Merry's first idea was to move them out of the way.

Something about their placement bothered Merry, though. If it was meant to keep them in, it would be silly to place them on this side; it would take a little work, but they would be able to get out with no trouble, especially with the number of people here. In that case, then, it was clearly meant to keep something out - but what?

Instead of moving the desks, Merry headed towards the chalkboard, to take a better look at the messages there. Along the way, Merry glanced out the window, hoping to get an idea of where this place was, or what time it was outside.

MssrNeko
March 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Ethan Kane
School Building
Time Unknown

At least she's not hurt.

Hearing the moans and shuffling, Ethan realizes that the others were waking. Leaving Haruka he walks to chalkboard. Standing next to Merry, he glances at the mess of writing scribbled all over the chalkboard.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 26th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Usotsuki Houshou
Location: The Misty Park
Time: Unknown

"Hoo boy. Someone get the number of that demonic ritual that hit me, blugh..."

Usotsuki - frankly - felt like crap right now. Understandable, considering what he just went through. After all, humans don't usually experience...whatever it is that was. He didn't need to be a genius in order to figure out that there were some serious consequences awaiting him as a result of that nightmarish experience.

"Yeah...I can tell this is going to be really fun..."

Though his tone was sarcastic and deadpan Usotsuki felt a strange feverish excitement well up from deep within. He felt unusually giddy in spite of the traumatic event that he had just been forced through. Normally, this might be chalked up to an adrenaline rush, but for Usotsuki this came from something enitrely different.

He might even go so far as to call it 'giddy'.

...But again that might just be the adrenaline talking. He always had a difficult time perceiving and comprehending the truth around him, after all.

When Usotsuki finally came to he saw he was amid a group of others in what could only be a park of some sort. In fact, he might have mistaken it for the park he had dashed through earlier in order to get to the clubroom were it not for some key, essential differences.

The fog-enveloped bridge at his back, leading deeper into the thick mist.
And a strange, imposing mansion situated a few kliks ahead, looming like a vulture.


.......he recognized the foreboding presence as the same that he felt while running through that park.


Then-

Crack!

Suddenly, without warning, intense pain shoot through him.
Pain that brought him to his knees tore through his groin and spread like a virus through the rest of his helpless body.


...it was worse than the time he had lost his virginity.
......he swore to God that he heard something break in his nether regions.


He would've yelped. He probably would have screamed out in pain, cursing like a sailor and whining like a kicked puppy. But his rationailty and training won out over his instincts and Usotsuki quickly covered his mouth to stifle any sounds of pain.


'Tch! Damn stupid condescending bitch what the fuck I swear I'll kill you once this agonizing pain stops oh God!!!'


No. No, compose yourself. That's what he thought as he straightened up remarkably quick, tears still flecked in his aqua eyes.



“Start moving, people. Or did you forget your little grey cells back at home?” she asked, taking another drag from her cigarette.


" 'Moving?' Where should we even go? We've got a bridge at our backs and some building up ahead. What direction do you think we should head in, 'Ma'am?' "

Usotsuki tensed as he let out those words from his mouth, fully aware that even though he had not let an ounce of sarcasm slip it still might be enough to provoke a reaction. If Rolanda were to retaliate then he would, at least, be somewhat more marginally prepared for it now.

Still.
There must have been something dreadfully wrong with this place if this reflexes were dulling like this. That or maybe he had gotten softer as of late. At any rate, now was to time for Usotsuki to equip his gameface and brace himself for whatever might come.

He kept this in mind as he reached into his pocket to pull out a dainty handkerchief to wipe away the moisture in his damp eyes.

Sei
March 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Instead of moving the desks, Merry headed towards the chalkboard, to take a better look at the messages there. Along the way, Merry glanced out the window, hoping to get an idea of where this place was, or what time it was outside.

Glancing out the dusty window, you see nothing but dense fog. From your position you can't even make out whether you're on the ground floor or not.

Setting that aside for the moment, you take a look at the vast wall of text written on the board. The mediums range from chalk, to engravings, and even to blood. Some of the writing has become illegible due to time, but you're still able to make out more than half of what is written.

“Ms. Takeda, went to look for Keiji. Please wait here if you see this.” – Kaoru

“I waited a long time for you to return. I got worried, so I went to look for you. If you see this, WAIT HERE.” – Ms. Takeda

“Leaving this in case everyone leaves. I’m not sure what this place is, but if anyone sees this, please just wait here. I’ll be back once I find some food. If there are others, it would be better for us to stick together.” – Maibara Daisuke

“Geez. I’m starving…Daisuke, hurry up with the food.” – Hibari

“Keep your chin up, Hibari. We’ll make it out of this.” - Chiba

“We haven’t left this room. Seems like no one comes back. We want to leave, but our spirits are getting low and our minds are going the more hunger sinks in. Writing on this board is probably the only thing helping right now.” – Hibari

“It’s been 3 days now. Hibari seems to like writing on this board, but I find it a bit depressing…Although, it’s probably because of her that the mood isn’t as bad as it could be. Just wish she wasn’t sick today… I could use a bad joke or two.” – Nara Naowaki

“Day 4. Thirsty. Drinking urine as last resort. Feeling sick.” – Hibari

“Day 4. Everyone keeps staring at me. They look evil.” – Hibari

“Day 4. Light-headed. Hard to breathe.” - Hibari

“Day 5. Keep hearing things outside. Really cold.” – Hibari

“Day 6. Birthday. Raped.” - Hibari

“Day 7. Chiba and Naowaki went crazy. Killed them.” – Hibari

“Day 7. Ate _______________…” – Hibari

“Day 8. Alone.” - Hibari

“Day 9. Leaving… Will probably die… Tell mom and dad I love them.” – Mochizuki Hibari, 18, Sonohara Academy, Class 3-A

“Don’t go outside! There’s some kind of fucking monster out there! If it weren’t for this weird magic trick my friend pulled, I’d be dead right now!” – Mori Takashi

“Just what the hell is going on here!? Where the hell are we!?” – Yoshikawa Ayase

“The slow ones are blind.”- Makoto

“I’m not sure whether this is all an elaborate prank or not, but I’m sure as hell not staying in this hell hole of a room. If you’re reading this and have any sense, you’ll do the same.” – Keigo

“There’s no food in the cafeteria. Don’t waste your time going there.” - Souma

“There are bodies everywhere! Just what the hell is this place!? Is this supposed to be some kind of sick joke!?” - Shugo

“Looks like some pretty horrible things happened here. But look, you can’t stay here for too long. If you can find food and shelter, stay there and hold them off.” – Hachita Reiji

“Guns are our best option. Get close and your dead. To help everyone out, I’ve placed a few in the storage closet. It’s not much, but it’s better than nothing.”- Souma

“What are these things!? They even managed to rip that freak Yusuke in half like it was nothing!” – Miyamoto Ise

“Bullet wounds are too shallow. Cut them apart.” - Makoto

Mereo Flere
March 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Merry
Classroom - Time Unknown

These messages were not what you would call... encouraging. The later ones confirmed Merry's suspicions of something being out there - but the descriptions were vague. They could withstand bullet wounds, apparently, and rip people in half. Though it was possible that there were more things like the shadow they had summoned during the ritual, it seemed these things didn't kill as cleanly as that thing. More importantly, none of these messages even mentioned seeing the shadow again, or at all.

"Ms Takeda" sounded like a teacher, and everybody else were likely students; this "Mochizuki Hibari" in particular was someone from an entirely different school than Merry's. It also appeared that there were two groups. The second had slightly more luck than the first, being able to survive encounters with the monsters outside and return. Apparently, none of the messages seemed to give any clues on how to escape - though, then again, if they had found one they probably would've taken it immediately anyway.

Merry wondered where "Souma" had gotten some guns, but if they were still here it would be worth taking them along. Glancing at Ethan, Merry tapped his shoulder before pointing at the message about the storage closet. Then, Merry moved towards the back of the room, hoping that the closet in Souma's message would be there.

Hopefully, there were other weapons as well.

Bloble
March 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

"Aaaa..." Tetsuro groaned and opened his eyes. Blearily, he sat up and got to his feet. He blinked a few times as he looked about the familiar yet completely strange room. "That was..." He frowned. What had happened? He remembered the ritual... and then a shadow rising up from the ground... attacking Haruka... and then...

"Justin..." He looked around the room, identifiying that at least a portion of the people from the ritual were in the room, although several were still missing. The Occult & Horror Club had been fractured. And Justin was not among the people in the classroom. One of his students had been sliced in half by some kind of evil shadow.

He clenched his fists. A burning rage alien to the teacher almost settled over him, but the presence of his students forced the man to control himself. He had to remain calm, as the only adult in the room. He sighed, and brushed the dust off of his clothes, trying to maintain at least a semblance of cleanliness.

"Students." He said. Despite the dusty air he himself felt fine, and hopefully there were no wounded among them. "It looks like Ms.Kuromusi's plan didn't go quite as well as she thought it would." Though his tone was jovial, it was obvious to anyone listening just how tense the teacher was. He looked around the room once more, appraising the situation. "Please don't panic, I'm sure this situation will be... handled properly as long as none of us do anything rash."

His eyes landed on the chalkboard. The writing on it seemed unusual, but he decided not to investigate it quite just yet, as two of his students were already looking into it. His eyes passed over the crude barricades near the entrances, and narrowed. "Those are meant to keep things out, not in." He muttered under his breath.

"Students, for now please refrain from trying to leave this room." He said calmly. "It would be wise for us to stay together as a group. I can't be in two places at once, after all." Saying that, he looked over to the only source of light in the room, the window.

He walked over to the window and looked through it carefully, trying to see if he could notice anything unusual outside.

Sei
March 26th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Then, Merry moved towards the back of the room, hoping that the closet in Souma's message would be there.

Hopefully, there were other weapons as well.

You don't immediately notice it, but you eventually find the storage closet which has been toppled over and buried under wood. It only takes you a minute to dig the closet out and find the handle to open the closet. Luckily, you have no trouble opening the door; however, what you find inside isn't quite what you expected. While you are successful in finding a gun, the magazine is empty and the two boxes of bullets hidden alongside it are the same. There aren't any other weapons stashed in the closet, but you do find two large blankets blankets and a note reading 'Get somewhere safe'. Taking what you can, you thank Souma for what he's left.

Before closing the closet, you notice generous globs of dried blood lining the inside. It's enough to conclude that a person was once in there, but you decide not to question why.

[Obtained a Jericho and two blankets.]


He walked over to the window and looked through it carefully, trying to see if he could notice anything unusual outside.

The mist is surprisingly thick, making it difficult to see a lot of anything beyond the dusty glass. Even though you try to clear the window to increase visibility, you quickly realize that the dust is not only on the inside, but on the outside as well. Still, you're able to make out that you're definitely not on the first floor by examining the vague image of hills and trees on the horizon.

Mereo Flere
March 26th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Merry
Classroom - Time Unknown

Bullets or no bullets, Merry wasn't sure who to give the gun to. A weapon had a psychological effect, even if you couldn't use it after all... and , well, it wasn't like people needed to know there was no ammunition. Still, just to be safe, Merry checked the chamber of the gun to make sure it was empty, before putting it away in an inner jacket pocket. Then, Merry turned back to the note, looking at its message once again.

"Get somewhere safe," it read.

...well, it was safe to assume that this room, despite being the starting point, wasn't "safe." Even though Hibari had managed to stay in this room for nine days, they couldn't assume that whatever was out there wouldn't come in eventually. Still...

Merry's eyes wandered back to the barricade, and then back to the blood lining the closet. There was no doubt that going outside was dangerous. However, there were no bodies in this room at all. Maybe the first few who had died had been moved, but with the way the desks were placed the last person who had been in here couldn't have left through those way. Needless to say, there was another exit somewhere in this room.

Looking up, Merry thought of the vents - perhaps it was possible to get out that way? But, if that was the case, they really would need to wake everybody up first; it wouldn't be easy to move unconscious bodies through there. Still... there was one more thing Merry needed to check on before that.

The desks.

They were used as a barricade, but it wasn't impossible that there were things still left inside of them. With so little to work with at the moment, it would be stupid not to at least look at them. While Merry didn't want to take apart the barricade, taking the few that wouldn't compromise the defense aside to look at couldn't hurt.

...then again, Merry had thought that about the ritual as well.

Still, like the ritual, Merry decided to go along with this new idea anyway.

Airen
March 26th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Akira Kurogane
Misty Park - Time Unknown

Slowly, as if some sort of drug was wearing off, I felt my consciousness return, and with a small groan I pushed myself onto my hands and knees, my head, like the rest of my body, aching from the events I had just seen occur in the Club Room. My memory was a bit foggy for some reason, but I could vividly remember some sort of shadow-like being standing behind the president, and then, moments before my vision faded away, I had seen the thing approach Justin and...

He had been cut in half, killed before anyone could do anything to stop it...

And everyone else was...

Merry! Maiko!

Pushing myself up onto my feet at this thought, suddenly concerned as to the safety of the others, I took a close look at my surroundings, noting that while some of the club had apparently been brought to this place, a good amount of us were still missing, among these missing members was Maiko, who I had promised to protect back in the club room...

A second glance made it undeniably clear that she wasn't here, and I suddenly felt a bit guilty, as I had promised the girl that nothing bad would happen if we went ahead and did the ritual as the president had asked us too.

I'd have to apologize to her later.


“Figures. The most use you will be will be a sacrifice to keep away whatever is toying with us right now.”

And just like that, all of my previous theories, the thoughts I had contemplated while comforting Maiko, were basically proven to be correct, as the young woman completely shattered her 'honor student' image without any signs of remorse, a lit cigarette now held between her pale fingers.

I thought about saying something about her remark, but realized that, with the type of personality she seemed to possess, it would probably just earn me some unneeded verbal abuse from the woman, so I kept my peace for the moment, aware that her remarks weren't really hurting anyone.

Still, even if Rolanda was being needlessly rude, she and everyone else who was here seemed to be okay, so my initial worry for their safety proved to be somewhat pointless, so I turned my attention to searching the fog with my eyes, discovering nothing more than a bridge at the backs of the group, and a large building in the area ahead of us, the finer details of the home hidden in the blankness of the fog.


“Start moving, people. Or did you forget your little grey cells back at home?”

Turning back towards my fellow club members, my gaze focused on Rolanda just as the woman struck Usotsuki with his cane, which, if his expression was anything to go by, had dealt quite a lot of damage to him.


" 'Moving?' where should we even go? We've got a bridge at our backs and some building up ahead. What direction do you think we should head in, 'Ma'am?' "

And so, just like that, the question I had planned on asking was instead stated by Usotsuki, who recovered from the strike to his weak point with a startling speed, although his eyes were still shining with unshed tears.

Still, he was asking the necessary questions, so that gave me time to check up on one of the others, something that I felt was necessary even if I hadn't really talked to these guys that often before today-

"Hey Troph, are you okay?"

Even if we didn't know each other that well, in situations like this, I knew that it was important to make sure that everyone was okay...

And while I was speaking to Troph, I did make sure to keep scanning the surronding fog, not wanting to get caught off guard by whatever might be lurking out there in the dark...

Bloble
March 27th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

"Tch. So much for going out the window." Tetsuro muttered to himself. While most people were content to speak within their own minds, Tetsuro had a slightly unfortunate habit of voicing his thoughts out loud. The most he could do was keep his words as quiet as possible.

He turned to survey the class room again. Most of his students seemed fine, but Haruka was lying on the floor, not moving. Teturo headed to her first, and knelt down by the club president's side. He felt for a pulse, and let out a relieved breath as he felt the pumping of blood under his fingers. "Good. I'd hate to lose another student so soon..." He frowned. How would she react when she woke up, assuming she ever would? Knowing that one of her closest friends was probably dead or maimed? It was something he didn't want to think of.

Tetsuro stood after taking off his outer jacket, balling it up, and putting it under the unconscious girl's head like a pillow. He sighed and looked around once more.

A slight difference was evident. One of his students had somehow acquired two blankets and was peering curiously at the barricade.

Tetsuro made his way through the classroom towards the barricade, where the student he recognized seemed to be looking through the desks, perhaps for some supplies or clues.

"Well, at least you seem to be doing well, Merry." He greeted the youth with a faux cheerfulness. While he preferred to address most of his students by their last names, this one was... an exception to the rule. "This is quite a mess we've managed to get ourselves into, isn't it?" He absent-mindedly peered into some of the desks making up the barricade, though he didn't really expect to find anything.

"Would you mind if I took one of those?" He gestured to one of the large blankets Merry had somehow located while his back had been turned. "It seems that Ms.Kuromusi has lost consciousness, and the floor is not a very good place for a girl to sleep."

Mereo Flere
March 27th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Merry
School Building - Time Unknown

Merry paused momentarily during the desk search to look at their advisor, who acted cheerful despite the situation they had gotten into... or rather, was it because of it? It would be a stressful situation, and as the adult here Sakaki's burden would be bigger than any of theirs, since he had a responsibility as a teacher. With no intention to unnecessarily add to his burdens, Merry nodded as Sakaki asked his questions.

There was no reason not to, after all. It really was a mess they were in... and as for the blanket, Merry had no immediate use for it. Glancing at Haruka, it seemed that it would best used for her anyway.

Then... after a moment of thought, Merry gestured for the teacher to wait, pulling out the gun from the jacket pocket it was hidden in. If there was anyone here Merry could trust with it at all, it would have to be him, wouldn't it? And so, Merry held it out to Sakaki, expecting him to take it - pointing at the storage closet to make sure that he understood where it had come from. It wouldn't do, after all, to have Sakaki think one of his students had been randomly carrying a gun all this time.

Bloble
March 27th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

Tetsuro took the blanket and was about to bring it over to Haruka when Merry held up a hand, gesturing for him to stop.

"Huh?" As Merry revealed the hidden object, Tetsuro's eyes widened. "That is..." His sentence went unfinished, but it was obvious what he would have said. A gun. A handgun, to be precise. Tetsuro wasn't sure what model, but that didn't matter. Where had Merry gotten a gun?

Merry pointed to a storage closet near the back of the room. The dust had recently been disturbed, and Tetsuro quickly realized that the gun had come from there. Curious... who would stash a dangerous weapon in a classroom? The teacher examined the weapon, finding it to be empty, even the chamber. Still, while harmless, he slipped it into his pants pocket where it wouldn't be seen.

"...thank you, Merry." He nodded. He smiled once more, and this time it was a bit stronger than his last one. "Good luck with your search."

He returned swiftly to the centre of the room, carrying one of the large blankets. With practised ease he lifted the unconscious Haruka and slipped the blanket underneath her form. It was dusty, but better than the floor.

When he stood once more, his eyes had hardened, and he was prepared to do what needed to be done.

He first decided to look at the chalkboard, and read all of the increasingly more worrisome messages adorning it. "Hm... Sonohara Academy? I've never heard of it, but I'm pretty sure it's a real school. And most definitely nowhere near Homurahara." He continued reading it, and as the messages became more and more mysterious, his frown became more and more pronounced. "...them... so we're not alone here after all." He picked up the nearest piece of chalk he could find. If that failed he would settle for using his motorcycle keys to engrave a message. He held his instrument over the chalkboard, trying to think of something to write.

In the end, he settled for a jumble of what he knew.


Homurahara Occult & Horror Club - Fuyuki Phantom Battles? Ritual? Seven (nine) embodiments of sins? 10 years ago? Extra Player? Sacrifice? Mana?

Failure?

Survive?

"...geeze, I have no idea." He sighed. "Perhaps one of the students more knowledgeable about such things would know more... I'm not exactly into the occult."

He returned his gaze to the rest of the room, and decided to see if he could wrench one of the barricade table legs out, perhaps to use as a makeshift weapon. He didn't want to fight, but it was always better to be safe than sorry.

Verg Avesta
March 27th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Rolanda A. Knox
Misty Park - Time Unknown

Rolanda did not even try to disguise her crooked smile as she saw the tears of Usotsuki, and his attempts to bite down on the pain. Truth to be told, inside, she was even more amused by the boy’s clear desire to verbally attack her right then and there. However, it seemed that he tried to play it off, instead veiling a thin insult in a boring manner.


" 'Moving?' Where should we even go? We've got a bridge at our backs and some building up ahead. What direction do you think we should head in, 'Ma'am?' "

Having already lost her interest at the boy, Rolanda answered in a half-hearted manner. She scanned the mist-filled surroundings with her eyes, trying to spot anything that would have given her a clue where they were, or a shape that would have resembled of anything even vaguely familiar to her. Having done that, she moved to look up to the sky, trying to see if she could see any familiar constellations which she could use to pin-point their location.

“Anywhere but here is where we want to be. Or did you lose your brain as we were transported to wherever we are right now? You saw it. Some black shadow made sashimi out of president’s pet, just like that”, Rolanda snapped her fingers for an added effect, smiling in a way that was not really respectful for the dead. “Who knows how long we have been lying here, on the ground? Thing is, right now anywhere but here is a good change. We are out in the open, we’ve got a water at our backs, which reduces our directions of escape…”

Rolanda, while talking, was checking the grass and the bushes of the park, to see if the plant-life was similar to the one in Fuyuki, or if it resembled more that of Northern Japan or Southern Japan, or some other place completely. She had extensive knowledge when it came to plants, and this was an easy way to give a rough idea of where they were.

“Then again, just look at how ridiculously obviously we’ve been put to a place where we can see that building”, Rolanda nodded towards the shape of the large building on top of the hill. “Logically, idiots would head straight there. Such a transparent invitation to a fire from the frying pan.”

There was no question who Rolanda deemed as the aforementioned “idiots”, as she slowly tapped the ground with her black cane. With half interested Roland filed away the information the distressed movements and facial expressions of her companions told her, for later use. Right now, she was more occupied in pressing the little details of her surroundings to her mind. Like the direction the river was flowing, the taste of the mist which would tell her if it was created due to the weather or some volcanic activity, and such.

And all this time, Rolanda’s free hand rested lazily on top of the thing hidden inside her bag.

“What we want to do is to find a place that offers information on where we are, as well as basic rations in the case it will take us longer than a day to get out of here”, Rolanda said, like she was explaining something to children.

hero
March 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Fukuda Masahiro
Occult & Horror Club - Night


Curiosity and excitement.

Fukuda Masahiro thought it would be a fruitful experience. Regardless of whether the improvised ritual worked or not, he would learn from it, and that alone would drive him one step closer to the understanding the nature of his powers. But there was more to it. The burning feeling inside his chest; the hands that trembled without him even realizing it... He was not nervous, he was eager. The boy wished for something incredible to happen.

And that was a wish he would probably regret for the rest of his life.

He had not noticed its presence. In fact, had Justin not yelled the President's name, Masahiro's brain would not have had enough time to register its existence at all. A pitch-dark humanoid had surprised Haruka from behind. At that instant, he knew. He knew that whatever it was, it didn't matter. It was dangerous; its murderous intent making it clear that there was no time for contemplation.

Move.

So his body moved, fueled by sheer force of will and aided by human instinct. Maybe because it was something he was so used to, before he knew it, he was aiming to punch the creature.

Move.

Or that was what he was supposed to be doing. In reality, his body had frozen in place, leaving him powerless and unable to do a thing to change the outcome of what was about to happen.

Why... Why wouldn't his body move?!

"You bastard-!"

He managed to yell, just as a sharp feeling of pain ran through his whole body; shutting it down. The boy could not comprehend what happened after that; however he was able to find a word that could describe it: Unbearable.

"Damn it..."

Everything faded to black.

It was unbearable to see people suffering... To see people dying... and not be able to do a thing about it.

-------

Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


It was a scene taken straight out of a terror movie.

"No..."

He, who had been the first to wake up, could only think of the worst. Was everyone dead? He gathered the courage to walk up to whoever was closer to him and check for any signs of life. Fukuda Masahiro sighed in relief when he concluded that they were just unconscious. However, many members were missing. That was bad.

The horror atmosphere... He wasn't afraid of it at all. Probably because he had always acted as a big brother figure to others, he was already used to facing his fears. But the same could not be said about the others. The boy could not erase the world around him, but he could surely lessen the mental toll they would have to endure somewhat.

Fukuda knew they would wake up soon. So he made sure to do it fast and without roundabouts. However, as he picked up the first one, Kisaragi Maiko-san, he realized he was too late. Everyone had already begun to recover their senses. As a natural reaction, he apologized to her.

"Ah, sorry. I'll let you down right away."

Thing he did; very carefully, so as to not hurt her clubmate in any way. The moment the boy finished doing so, he inmediately addressed everyone in the room before they would freak out.

"Everyone!" He called, in a clear and loud voice that everyone could hear. "Calm down, please. Right now, we are probably inside a hospital. But we might still be in danger... We have to move. I know it's hard, but if we work together, we should be able to get out and find the other members of the club."

That said, Masahiro took out his cell phone. For a second, he thought of calling 911, but, in the end, he decided against it.

"Listen, I'm calling the pres right now. I'm putting my phone in conference mode so everyone can hear."

The next few seconds were filled with suspense.

I3uster
March 27th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Akira Kurogane
Occult & Horror Club - Night
"Well, um," I really wasn't used to this whole 'comforting' thing, "Rolanda has an... Interesting way of putting things, but she's right when she says that there's nothing to fear." I smiled at Maiko in what I hoped was a comforting manner, "No sea of flames, no being eaten by spirits, it's all just a story."
"I...I guess you are right..."
That feeling of uneasiness still was not going away. And it would only become worse as the President continued with the ritual.
The chant. The chant sounded so utterly horrifying, that for every line Haruka spoke Maiko wanted to scream louder, she wanted the ritual to end, to go home, to leave this classroom behind and not come back.
But why? Stop overreacting Maiko, isn't this just like in your horror stories? Pull yourself together. It's just for fun, remember?
Seemingly, being bad at convincing people even included being bad at convincing herself. Her body started shaking lightly as the president uttered the final line...

Allow me the chance to grasp that which is seeped in blood and sorrow!
And the tension was gone.
It was over.
Finally.
Just the sound of the rain hitting the window filled the classroom as she let out a sigh. A sigh that was interrupted by a shout.

...Haruka!
There was something in the room.
There was something in the room, it was not human.
There was something in the room, it was not human, it had no face.

There was something in the room, it was not human, it had no face and it just cut Justin in half.

Maiko wanted to scream. She wanted to run. But she was unable to move in the slightest.
And to add to the incredible mental strain of seeing one of her friends getting bisected she was feeling excruciating pain like she never felt before in her life.
She couldn't make out what the being said before her conscious mind was drowned out by the pain.

-----

Her waking up was like in a pleasant dream.
Maybe her mind just did not survive the torture from before, since she woke up, in safety, in some kind of building, in the arms of Masahiro.

"Ah, sorry. I'll let you down right away."
This sentence made her realize that she was alive and sane. Presumably at least.
After being able to stand up, still blushing from the unexpected contact with Masahiro, she fixed her slightly crumpled clothes and looked around.
Only Masahiro, Mark, Akira and she were in the building. Did the others make it? She didn't even want to know at this point. She just needed to calm down and...
She noticed that she must have lied in some kind of puddle before Masahiro woke her up.
On the ground there was a pool of blood in which everyone of them lied just a second ago.

Once again panic hit her. And then ralization.
The nightmare was not over.
She was sure of it. She was going to die a gruesome death. Just like Justin did. Just like everyone of them will, eventually. There was no hope.
A whimper escaped her lips.

"Calm down, please. Right now, we are probably inside a hospital. But we might still be in danger... We have to move. I know it's hard, but if we work together, we should be able to get out and find the other members of the club."
Despite the whole situation looking grim, Masahiro seemed to remain calm. His presence made her feel a bit more safe at least. But even he was only a human, and that thing...that thing cut Justin in half as if he was a ripe tomato.
Still, she had to remain calm. This what not a time for useless sobbing when the whole group was in danger just like her. After all, Masahiro didn't do it, so there was no need for her to do it.
Emotional control sadly was not one of her strengths either, especially not in this situation.
Another whimper.

"Listen, I'm calling the pres right now. I'm putting my phone in conference mode so everyone can hear."
A glimmer of hope. Maybe they coulx just walk out of this hospital, meet with the others and forget that this incident ever happened, going on with their peaceful lives.
Pretending that horrible things never happened is the best way to live a normal life after all.
As hard as she tried, she just couldn't forget one fact though. Justin was cut in half.
Justin was cut in half because she didn't speak up. Because she had to be the quiet girl during the one moment in her life where it mattered.
Now she just couldn't hold back. Even if the pres would hear it when she picks up the phone, Maiko did not care.
She just jumped forward and hugged Masahiro, and started bawling like a little kid.
"I-I am sorry"

RacingeR
March 27th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building
Time Unknown

It had been beautifully amusing. Crimson did not regret participating in the ritual at all. The whole experience had been incredibly entertaining, and even her own pain as her body was "shattered" and the world vanished from sight had provided her of amusement until the very end.

The monster had been within her "reach". She had tried to attack it, out of pure instinct, but she couldn't. Even with her power, the shadow had managed to somehow block her from acting. This by itself was interesting, but now? This was in another scale entirely. What was it? A kind of Boundary Field? A Reality Marble? Crimson's knowledge of magic was spotty at bests, and in any case, it was not of much interest for her. As she got up, the first thing she did was to take stock of the situation.

A dusty classroom, seemingly abandoned since long ago. A chalkboard with disturbing messages. Desks forming a barricade made to keep things out, not in.... the more she understood her surroundings, the more it seemed to be like it was lifted from some kind of horror/suspense game, and the more her good mood grew. She only managed to not burst into giggles thanks to her military training imposing itself and forcing her to remain calm. Well, that and noticing who she had gotten stuck with. Why the hell it had to be the boring people? Except for the Prez, who was in a coma or something... hell, it was even Mister Boring Teacher himself. Rolanda was not even there to provide her usual entertainment.

“Ah, well.” It did not matter. The setting itself seemed ready to provide, and Crimson understood that there was something intending to toy with them, and she fully intended to play the game her own way. Let’s see... just how much entertainment will she derive from this? With that in mind, she approached the chalkboard to read the scribbles.

“Charming.” As always, it was impossible to notice if she was being sarcastic or she, somehow, truly thought that it was charming. There was no difference between the Aki Fumi of now with the Aki Fumi of before. She did not seem tense at all, her attitude had not shifted, and there was no real concern on her face. It was as if the situation did not affect her at all.

She approached the teacher, and took a look at the president. She really seemed to be just sleeping, but that was not why she had approached him on the first place. “I don’t think that staying here is going to be wise, Sensei. At least if the scribbles in the chalkboard are to be trusted.” If she was to play the survival game, then she would need to stick with them. Getting separated in this kind of situation was like asking to die, and she hoped the people in this classroom were smart enough to understand that.

As an afterthought, she buried her hand in the pocket of her skirt, and extracted a phone. Inputting the number of Rolanda’s own phone, she waited patiently to see if it would get through. She needed to determine the limit of their actions.

Bloble
March 27th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

As Tetsuro was futilely trying to pry one of the sturdy legs from one of the desks, his monotonous work was interrupted by another student, one Aki Fumi.


“I don’t think that staying here is going to be wise, Sensei. At least if the scribbles in the chalkboard are to be trusted.”

Tetsuro straightened, and nodded morosely. "Yes, you have a point." He admitted. "However, while it would probably be best to leave immediately, almost half of us are still incapacitated, including the one who began this ritual in the first place. If we left in this condition, we'd be forced to bring along the other students as they are, and that would make us especially vulnerable, even more so than we already are. Separation from them is not an option. Thus, for now we should at least wait until more of us wake up before leaving the classroom."

As he saw the girl bring out a cell phone and try to use it, Tetsuro berated himself for not having one. Even though Saya had always told him he should get one...

"That's a good idea." He chuckled weakly. "I really need to get a cell phone one of these days."

"I've been thinking." He continued, addressing Aki. He tapped the messages on the chalkboard with one of his knuckles, specifically what he had written. "This entire situation could be said to have caused by the Club President's enactment of the ritual she was describing earlier... I am not very interested in the occult, to be honest, but I was wondering if you, a proper member, would know anything about it? Anything that could help us?" He didn't really think anyone would know, as most of the club seemed to have been caught off guard by the Haruka's explanation, but it never hurt to be careful.

SeiKeo
March 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Evgenia Ivanov

Perfect.

Well, this wasn't quite perfect - the teleportation to an unknown place was a bit of a problem. The good kind of problem though: the kind of problem that tells you you're getting somewhere. The kind of problem that only success presents. Not, of course, that I could figure out quite what it did mean without getting out of this god-forsaken forest.

The group's reaction to the same situation was subdued - good. Panic would just be another problem. But, somehow, I wasn't sure that this group was going to work out.

Ah, who was I kidding: I was entirely sure why I thought that. Rolanda, our 'honor student.' What use was hitting him, mm? In the same boat, you would shoot a hole in the side? And your suggestions...

"T'would be a good plan, were any other place to find information to present itself. A trap it may be, but a tiger they may try to trap, and discover that they attack a butterfly. And if anything, the shaded branches pose a greater threat than the haunted doorways.The forest swallows men, especially men without an idea of its true nature. We have to have some kind of anchor to navigate against before we ply its depths."
Her response seemed impulsive to me: establish her position, appear to be unfooled by the 'trap,' and control the situation. Short-term, quick, thinking - good for a reputation like hers, but not the best for survival.

Sei
March 27th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Merry
They were used as a barricade, but it wasn't impossible that there were things still left inside of them. With so little to work with at the moment, it would be stupid not to at least look at them. While Merry didn't want to take apart the barricade, taking the few that wouldn't compromise the defense aside to look at couldn't hurt.

In your search, you find nothing. All that you have to show for your efforts is the thin-layer of dust coating your hands.


Rolanda A. Knox
Having already lost her interest at the boy, Rolanda answered in a half-hearted manner. She scanned the mist-filled surroundings with her eyes, trying to spot anything that would have given her a clue where they were, or a shape that would have resembled of anything even vaguely familiar to her. Having done that, she moved to look up to the sky, trying to see if she could see any familiar constellations which she could use to pin-point their location.

Rolanda, while talking, was checking the grass and the bushes of the park, to see if the plant-life was similar to the one in Fuyuki, or if it resembled more that of Northern Japan or Southern Japan, or some other place completely. She had extensive knowledge when it came to plants, and this was an easy way to give a rough idea of where they were.

Right now, she was more occupied in pressing the little details of her surroundings to her mind. Like the direction the river was flowing, the taste of the mist which would tell her if it was created due to the weather or some volcanic activity, and such.

There isn't a star in the sky. The mist is dense, however that doesn't stop the light from shining through. Judging by the density of the fog and the overall light, you figure it's already in the late afternoon.

The grass on which you stand definitely resembles that which is found in Fuyuki, but you also notice little traces of foreign vegetation as well. That being said, there's too little of it to get an idea of where it is from and the trees are too far away to make out in detail.

The river which is flowing through the small clearing seems to be flowing away from you, into the fog and deeper into the unknown.

The mist which impedes your vision tastes strongly of dew, ash, and iron.


Fukuda Masahiro
That said, Masahiro took out his cell phone. For a second, he thought of calling 911, but, in the end, he decided against it.

"Listen, I'm calling the pres right now. I'm putting my phone in conference mode so everyone can hear."

The next few seconds were filled with suspense.

Haruka's cell phone begins to ring. From the sounds of it, her phone must be in her right coat pocket.


Aki "Crimson" Fumi
As an afterthought, she buried her hand in the pocket of her skirt, and extracted a phone. Inputting the number of Rolanda’s own phone, she waited patiently to see if it would get through. She needed to determine the limit of their actions.

Rolanda's phone starts to ring.

Bloble
March 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown


Haruka's cell phone begins to ring. From the sounds of it, her phone must be in her right coat pocket.

Tetsuro blinks. At the same time Aki had pulled out her cell phone, Haruka's had begun to ring. No, if he heard it right, it began just a second before the other girl had entered the last number.

"One moment." He murmured, as he made his way towards the sleeping club president. "To think someone else would have the same idea..."

He hesitantly located the general area the ringing was coming from, and gingerly fished out Haruka's cell phone from the girl's right pocket. While normally going through the personal belongings of one of his students was something he'd never do, Tetsuro recognized that strange circumstances inevitably gave way to strange actions.

It took him a few seconds to figure out just how to open the girl's cell phone due to his lack of experience with such devices, but soon the small device was open in his hand.

He raised the phone to his ear, and cleared his throat.

"Ah, hello?" He said questioningly. "This is Sakaki speaking. Apologies, but Ms.Kuromusi is currently unable to speak."

Mereo Flere
March 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Merry
School Building
Time Unknown

The desks were empty - but that wasn't much of a surprise. Even if there had been anything useful at some point, anybody here before would've taken them. Even the gun itself had been left behind only because it had no ammunition, and the fact that bullet wounds weren't enough.

What was surprising, though, was a sudden ringtone breaking the silence. By the time Merry turned around to look at it, it seemed that two people were already on the phone. While "Crimson" was apparently waiting for the other person to answer, Sakaki was already talking with someone. While Merry couldn't be sure who they were contacting, the simple fact that they could communicate at all was amazing. It hadn't been something Merry had considered; talking on the phone wasn't a habit after all, even if it was always on hand. The cellphone had always been something reserved for emergencies -

But then again, if this wasn't an emergency, what was?

Merry thought about who to call - family, maybe. At the same time, Merry wouldn't want them to worry, letting them know that this group was stuck in an unfamiliar school, where monsters apparently roamed...

Frowning, Merry pulled out a smart phone, looking at the battery and time. Then, deciding to leave the lines of communication to the others, Merry walked back to the chalkboard - deciding to take photos of the writing, in case it would come up later. Still, Merry kept an ear open, trying to listen in to what Sakaki and Crimson would say - hoping that there would be some sort of good news.

hero
March 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


When people close to you die; you want to die with them.

It is a perfectly natural human reaction to death. So when Kisaragi Maiko hugged him, her eyes filled with tears, he was not as surprised as he should have been. Fukuda Masahiro couldn't blame her. He didn't have anything to say that would make the pain she felt inside, be it caused by loss or guilt, go away. He could only lend her his shoulder.

When people close to you die; you want to die with them.

It was unlikely that anything he said would put an end to his suffering, but he needed her on the world of the living. He needed something to attach her to it, whatever that might be.

Masahiro gave her his necklace.

"When I am depressed, that necklace always helps me." He said, as the phone finally started to show signs of actually sending the call. "Right now you need it more than I do, so take it. However, I'm going to need to ask you to return it to me when this is over. It's very precious to me. Deal?"

His shoulder was still there for her.

-------

The second Fukuda Masahiro heard the sound of someone accepting the call was a second filled with hope. It lasted just that, a mere instant, however, as the one to pick up was not Haruka, but a male individual. The first suspect that came to mind was the humanoid creature they had seen before at the scene of the ritual, if that thing had a gender. Said suspicion was lifted when the speaker introduced himself as Sakaki Tetsuro, one of the teachers at the school who had been present in their last meeting.

"Ah, sensei." Maybe because he was the last person he expected to talk to or maybe because he thought he understood what he meant by the president not being able to speak with him that the boy was left speechless for a noticeable, yet short period of time. Acknowledging himself as the voice of the group, Masahiro quickly regained his composure and began to explain the situation. "It's me, Fukuda. We are in conference mode, so everyone here can hear you. If you can do the same that would be helpful."

He gave the teacher a few moments to do that. Hopefully, he knew how to.

"It's just Kyokushin-san, Kisaragi-san, Walker-san and me over here. We are okay; just a little bit shocked, that's all. We are, uh, inside a creepy hospital morgue. I don't think you can come pick us up by eight?" He scratched his head after saying such a lame joke. He then gave the room another look, somewhat troubled. "This isn't the best place to stay over..."

Bloble
March 27th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

The sound of a familiar voice on the line was like a breath of fresh air to Tetsuro, and he couldn't stop a smile from coming to his face as he heard Fukuda explain his situation. Though it was unfortunate that more of his students were currently beyond his reach and most likely in danger, the mere fact that they were alive was enough to cheer the teacher up slightly.


"Ah, sensei. It's me, Fukuda. We are in conference mode, so everyone here can hear you. If you can do the same that would be helpful."

"One second..." He removed the phone from his ear and looked over the multitude of buttons that covered it. "Oh dear..." Conference mode, was it? Tetsuro couldn't see any obvious button for such a feature, so he ended up taking a guess and pressing the button he thought would be the best. "Here we go." Luckily for him, there was a beep and the sound of the phone changed, signifying that conference mode had been enabled.


"It's just Kyokushin-san, Kisaragi-san, Walker-san and me over here. We are okay; just a little bit shocked, that's all. We are, uh, inside a creepy hospital morgue. I don't think you can come pick us up by eight? This isn't the best place to stay over..."

And then Tetsuro's frown returned. "So there's four of of you... We have me, Merry, Ms.Fumi, Mr.Kane... as well, Mr.Shizuka, and two more I haven't gotten around to identifying yet, as it's only been a few minutes since I woke up. The latter are unconscious or sleeping, and Ms.Kuromusi hasn't woken up yet either. That's why I'm using her phone." He would check on his students after the phone call, but for now it was important to talk to Fukuda for as long as he could. "Right now we're in a dusty old classroom." He considered saying more, but decided to say the important stuff first.

Fukuda." He dropped the honorific from his student's name as a sign of how serious he was. "Listen. I know this may be tough to hear, but for now you're on your own. Although I promise I'll do my best to get to you as soon as possible, right now you four have been separated from the rest of us. We've still got some missing club members, such as Ms.Ivanov, Mr.Houshou, Ms.Knox, Mr.Lowe..." He paused as he went over Justin's name. He had been sliced in half in front of Tetsuro's very eyes... yet he didn't want to give up hope. Whatever had transported them could easily have prevented a deadly wound. "...anyway, don't give up hope, okay? I'm counting on you guys to stay calm and get through this in one piece. I know my students can handle something of this level, so I won't accept any panicking!"

He paused for a moment to catch his breath. What he had meant to be a simple encouragement had become a full fledged speech. It was weird talking through a phone and not being able to see his students' faces, but he could imagine them, scared and cold in the bottom of a hospital, surrounded by the dead.

"Anyway, I'll see if we can get to you , but in case you manage to escape the hospital before us, try and leave some kind of message. We'll do the same here. If you get to the school, look for a message. If you find one then that means we've already left."

"...and that's pretty much everything I need to tell you." Tetsuro sighed. "Sorry about the rambling, Fukuda. Is there anything you wanted to say, anyone you want to talk to?"

Satehi
March 27th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

“Uaahhh… the hell happened here…?”

Waking up third in the hospital room, Akira was definitely not amused. He could still recall what had happened back inside the classroom- that shadowy son of bitch that had appeared after the ritual and how he’d killed Justin- damnit, if he ever got his hands on whatever that thing was…

That thing was probably responsible for throwing them in here and knocking them out earlier- whatever it was, it had succeeded in making him go from calm to angry to really-damn-pissed-off in only a couple seconds. And to him, that was really quite an achievement.

His anger would have to hold, though. From what he could tell in the dimly lit room, it was nowhere in sight. Instead, a couple of the club members were there, although they were clearly missing quite a bit of them.

Standing up, he began to make his way towards the two other standing figures he could make out in the darkness- Masahiro and Maiko, if he remembered their names correctly.

Seeing Masahiro’s cell phone ring, he was reminded of the fact that he didn’t have one. Well, it usually wasn’t much of a problem, since he never needed to contact many people in the first place, it certainly would’ve been quite useful in this kind of situation.

Coughing into his hand to alert the two of his presence, he asked them a question.

“You two seem like you’ve been awake longer than me. Have you two seen anything when or since you woke up?”

I3uster
March 28th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Maiko Kisaragi
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

"When I am depressed, that necklace always helps me." He said, as the phone finally started to show signs of actually sending the call. "Right now you need it more than I do, so take it. However, I'm going to need to ask you to return it to me when this is over. It's very precious to me. Deal?"
She didn't know what to say.
As much as she wanted to see this as a sign of affection she knew that Masahiro only gave her the necklace to pacify her.
In fact she didn't say anything.
But still, it worked. It showed her that there was someone who cared about her in this grim situation.
She stopped crying.
Slowly she let go of the boy.
"S-sorry for that. And t-thank you. I w-will keep i-it with me."

"It's just Kyokushin-san, Kisaragi-san, Walker-san and me over here. We are okay; just a little bit shocked, that's all. We are, uh, inside a creepy hospital morgue. I don't think you can come pick us up by eight?"
She giggled a little as she wiped away her tears with the sleeve of her uniform. Even if it was not funny, his attempt to lighten the mood made her feel a little better.

"This isn't the best place to stay over..."
This is something we all can agree on.
Suddenly she heard coughing behind her.
From the voice of the question he asked after that she could deduce that Akira had woken up.
She took the few steps over to him,held her index finger before her mouth and made a quiet "shhhh" sound.
After that she whispered:
"M-Masahiro is o-on the phone right now. W-we can t-talk later."

While waiting on Masahiro to finish his conversation, Maiko just couldn't stop fondling the necklace.

Verg Avesta
March 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Rolanda A. Knox
Misty Park - Time Unknown

“This is…”

Rolanda’s eyes wandered at the foreign vegetation and she smacked her lips, disliking the taste of the mist. Her brains we’re doing quick thinking, analyzing what she could see from the place they were in right then. Although she wanted, Rolanda was not idiot enough to just wander off on her own to check the trees, to see if they would give any hints.

“Either we’re somewhere else. Or this is an artificial park. One or the other”, Rolanda muttered to herself, pressing this into her memory.

Rolanda’s eyebrows rose as she heard that her cellphone began ringing. Without wasting any time, she took it out of her pocket, but used the hand that had been holding her cane till then, letting it lean against her thigh. She flipped open her cellphone, answered the call, and immediately put it on conference mode.

“Aki.”

She was more surprised for the fact that there was any reception, than that somebody had called her.

“Since you’re calling me, I can deduce that you’re with another group. Then again, since our group is so small, I would guess there are three or four groups, so not all are there, are they? Anyways”, Rolanda took a drag from her cigarette, glancing at the people with her. “Any dead over there? No, wait, scratch that. There wouldn’t be. It wouldn’t fit the pattern well enough. My guess that president’s pet was the only sacrifice needed, for whatever it was for. Oh, and speaking of president, if she’s there, kick her for me, will you? Her lack of little grey cells is what got us into this mess.”

Rolanda’s expression turned into a sour one.

“Well, with that said…what can you tell me about your location? Are you in a place with mist nearby? If so, can you see any rivers, or how the ground is elevated in contrast with your location? If so, that would allow me to get our general locations, and how far apart we are from each other.”

Blackdeath6031
March 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Time unknown

Whilst some of those around him had been awake for awhile earlier, Shizuka found himself just as his name was mentioned by Sakaki-sensei. Dazed and confused, he found himself lazy - as though he had just been woken up from a much cherished period of sleep - and decided to simply lay down and listen to his surroundings.
For awhile, he lay silent, absorbing the information and the atmosphere and not remembering or even caring what happened.

"We are okay; just a little bit shocked, that's all. We are, uh, inside a creepy hospital morgue. I don't think you can come pick us up by eight? This isn't the best place to stay over..."

"Anyway, I'll see if we can get to you , but in case you manage to escape the hospital before us, try and leave some kind of message. We'll do the same here. If you get to the school, look for a message. If you find one then that means we've already left."

However, the conversation seemed rather weird. Something in his head told him that the reason is precisely what he must remember, and quick too.
Despite his efforts however, trying to remember ended up in vain. Rather, somehow it pissed him off.
Grunting, Shizuka forces himself into a cross-legged sitting position and irritably scratched his head.
What, what was it he can't remember...?

Almost reaching the limit of his frustration, he instinctively looked toward those near him. Fumi-san, to Mary-san, Ethan-san and then finally Sakaki-sensei. With each successive glance, it felt like another piece of a gigantic puzzle was found and correctly placed in the bigger picture.

He remembered.
At long last.

The ritual, the shadow, the slashing, the disintegration. Everything.
Everything that happened in those few, very long seconds.

Letting out a sigh, he decided to take a look around, gathering whatever information he can.

Four others are awake, and three are still unconscious for whatever reason.
Two of them are on the phone, Sakaki-sensei being the one who mentioned him earlier and Aki-san. Another pair, Ethan and Merry, were looking at some scribbles on the board.
Unintentionally disregarding trying to ask the others what's wrong, he instead blankly hobbled toward the board and listlessly read its contents.


... ... ...
What the fuck is this.

Despite his silence, such vulgar, incredulous words ran through his head as he read that.
Wanting to figure out for a bit longer the details of the situation, and what to do now, he found himself sitting cross-legged in front of the board, his hands on his chin in a Thinker pose as he stared at his new material, dividing his attention into three parts - the conversation Sakaki-sensei was having, the board and his own thoughts.

He knew full well that what he saw was real. He had memories to back that.
But even so, what can he do? Despite all his work, all his training and what he knows, he is still a mere human.

....One person mentioned that firearms works, while another said otherwise...

Frowning, he halted his piecing together of thoughts. Standing up, he paced around the room, searching corners and anywhere in the room he could think of for a melee weapon he can use. That'd provide at least some form of defence if they get attacked.

hero
March 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


"No, that's okay." He didn't know the other members that well aside from the president. With her unconscious, the only option was discarded. "Just make sure you enforce that rules of yours over there. I'll do the same over here. Text us if you find something else. Take care of the Pres."

*Biiip*

And with that, Fukuda Masahiro had ended the call. There was the possibility that other people within his group wanted to have a talk with somebody in Tetsuro's, but he believed they could do those calls on their own, and with the privacy it deserved. Too much talking could give birth to fear and despair. For a reason had he omitted the fact that they were surrounded by blood.

...

Something that Tetsuro had said was bothering him.

He was a teacher at his school, right? Something told Fukuda that 'Dusty Old Classroom' meant that they were located in another school. He was sure his teacher would know which classroom in Homurahara was old and dusty. Since, like them, they had just woken up, he figured he would give him some time to find out which school they were in. For some reason, however, a rare, yet not unthinkable question popped up in Masahiro's head.

Were they still in Fuyuki?

Without thinking, he checked how much credits he had left in his phone. If they were not in Fuyuki, that should have been a long distance call, and maybe the cost would have been different than normal. To be honest, the boy was no expert in the matter, but he at least remembered how much credits he'd had before making that call -mainly because he rarely ever called someone on the phone-. He should be able to tell the difference.

As he did so, he answered one of his clubmates, who was still rather confused. It was only natural in this situation. Weren't they all confused?

"Nothing much, Kyokushin-san. You woke up just a few minutes after we did." He made a gesture with his hand. "Right now, we need to move on. Staying here is only bad for our health."

He took a deep breath...

And moved to open the door in front of them.

Sei
March 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
He took a deep breath...

And moved to open the door in front of them.

As you hand reaches out for the handle, a sudden, heavy bang shakes the door from the other side. You remain still for a moment after, but no subsequent noise is made. No footsteps. No shuffling. Nothing.

Whatever it was, it's either gone or being completely motionless on the other side of the door. And to make matters worse, it would seem that your cell phone battery died in the brief instant you weren't looking.

hero
March 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


Everyone stood as silent as possible.

That thing could be on the other side of the door. Considering the setting, maybe something worse. One of them had to go look, and there was no doubt that it had to be him. Only Fukuda Masahiro had enough courage to place someone else's well-being before his own. First, he gestured everyone to get closer. By making sure the other members of the club were as close to the door as possible -In the walls adjacent to it, preferably-, he increased the chance of escape they had if whatever was out there entered the room.

The boy, however, took some distance from the door, as he signaled Akira to be ready to open the door. It was clear what Fukuda was trying to do. He ran towards the door at full speed and performed a jump just as his partner opened the door, for a perfectly timed surprise attack. If there was nothing on the other side, well, he did know how to land. And if there was a monster or a dangerous individual waiting for them outside, he would make sure his flying kick connected.

As a last resort, he could use his powers, too.

Sei
March 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
As you fly through the entrance to the dark corridor, you realize that nothing is in front of you. Seeing this, you instinctively look down and see a little black cat who quickly runs away at the sight of your dynamic entry. With nothing to attack in sight, you land and recover, making sure to double check your surroundings once on solid ground.

The hallway itself isn't as grim as the room you were just in; however, it still carries a feeling of depression. The long corridor is silent with only a single light midway down the hall and a second providing light in the room at the end of the stretch. Aside from the way you came, there seems to be two other rooms located on the left and right sides further down the hall; both of them with closed doors. The hall is rather empty save for the trail of blood from before which extends all the way to the far room. And finally next to the door lies a small, metal shelf which could have easily been knocked over by someone so much as bumping into it.

I3uster
March 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Slowly she released the necklace from her shocked clutching, caused by the frightening knock just seconds ago.
After witnessing the bold move of her fellow students she advanced through the door with them, trying to make out what made the sound.
It was caused by "A KITTY! LOOK AT IT! IT'S SO CUTE!"
Trying to break the ensuring awkward silence caused by her euphoric outburst, Maiko made a suggestion:
"M-maybe we should f-follow it. C-cats have great d-danger senses, so if s-something bad happens it w-will notice."

Satehi
March 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Moving beside the door, Akira threw it open from the side just as Masahiro leaped deliver thrashing to whatever lay on the other side. But no sounds came, not even a struggle or a yelp. Instead, the other side was completely empty. Well, except the cat.

“It was… just a cat?”

Feeling disappointed and also relieved, he walked through the doorway, looking around the hallway.


"A KITTY! LOOK AT IT! IT'S SO CUTE!"




"M-maybe we should f-follow it. C-cats have great d-danger senses, so if s-something bad happens it w-will notice."

Well, someone certainly liked cats.
It seemed like a pretty good suggestion, though.

“Oi, Masahiro. You keep an eye on the cat, see if you can try to catch it for your girlfriend or something. I’ll check out this thing.” He said, walking along the corridor, looking for anything they could use on it, or if it could be taken apart. This place was giving him the creeps, and an improvised weapon would be better than nothing. Anything they could use.

MssrNeko
March 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Ethan Kane
School Building
Time Unknown

Ethan's spirits were lightened as he heard Fukuda's voice from Haruka's phone. Apparently some of the other club members were with him. And Aki was talking to someone; perhaps one of the other lost members. Good news to Ethan's ears. Especially after reading the messages on the chalkboard. Now all they had to was regroup and figure out a way out of this situation.

Thinking, Ethan walks to the nearest entrance. Whatever is out there will most likely kill any of us. He glances at the remaining members who were still asleep. And those three are still out.

Noticing that Tetsuro was finished talking, Ethan approaches. "Sensei. The others haven't awaken yet, so should we send a small team ahead? They could check the hallway and maybe find out where the hell we are."

"I know we have to leave as soon as possible, but we don't know what the hell is out there. Rushing out without any plans would just get us killed by whatever killed the people before us. More so if we're carrying the President and the other two. Someone has to see if it is somewhat safe to head out."

Ethan pauses and then looks straight at Tetsuro, his face full of determination.

"I'll go out ahead."

He looks at the other club members, "Who's coming with me?"

Bloble
March 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

As Fukuda hung up, Tetsuro nodded to himself. At least some more of his students were all right. And if his ears hadn't deceived him, Knox had answered Fumi's call, meaning there was at least one more group of members that had been separated somewhere. He would have liked to talk to her, but something more important came up before he could think of what to do.


"Sensei. The others haven't awaken yet, so should we send a small team ahead? They could check the hallway and maybe find out where the hell we are.
"I know we have to leave as soon as possible, but we don't know what the hell is out there. Rushing out without any plans would just get us killed by whatever killed the people before us. More so if we're carrying the President and the other two. Someone has to see if it is somewhat safe to head out. I'll go out ahead. Who's coming with me?"

Tetsuro nodded again. "I hate to say it, Mr.Kane, but your plan is sound. We can't go blindly running into the unknown without first scouting it out. This school isn't ours, and we need to at least familiarize ourselves with its layout and find an exit. I'm fairly sure that we're on the second floor, so exiting from the window is useless, leaving us no choice but to venture into the halls. It is a very brave thing to choose to venture out into the unknown..."

Yes, it was admirable of his student to volunteer to go out like that, but still... he couldn't accept it.

"However." He continued. "There is no way that I'm letting one of my students go out there without supervision. I'll go with you to explore, Mr.Kane. Two people should be enough for a scouting team, I think, and we can't afford to let any more people leave this room. There is strength in numbers, after all, and we need most of our strength concentrated in here with the incapacitated members of the club."

He straightened, and put on his most confident smile. "Any objections, Mr.Kane?"

hero
March 28th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


"I-I don't think I was made for catching cats. It's probably too fast for me to catch. But, I can try, okay..."

Fukuda Masahiro scratched his head, showing traces of real nervousness for the very first time today. There was probably a reason why the animal troubled him that much. Almost as if he were scared of it, but not precisely. It was weird, and certainly nobody would understand without taking a peek inside his mind. Given that the two doors on the sides were closed, the cat had probably came from the room at the end of the corridor. If that cat had entered the hopital and gotten all the way here, then there was no reason to bother with locked doors. The road towards the exit should be open and easy to follow.

"Mishi Mishi Mishi~"

He kneeled down and called for the animal. He was pretty sure the cat would come to him. If that was the case, then he would hand it over to Maiko as soon as possible. If not, well, he would simply leave it alone.

Optimus
March 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Mark Walker
Hospital Building
Time Unknown

T-the hell we're doing? First, that thing... appears out of nowhere and... Goddamnit. No. Stay in target! You can't lose it here!

Although he had stayed silent most of the time, finally his thoughts started to slow down a little so his mouth could keep up with them.

-"Uh... Guys. B-before we try to search for the exit, shouldn't we try and get some weapons... Just in case that thing is waiting for us right at the door?

I-I mean. Think about it. Rather than searching for us, it would be a lot easier to block our exit by... You know, waiting there a couple of hours. J-just crossed my mind."

Mereo Flere
March 31st, 2012, 04:05 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

He straightened, and put on his most confident smile. "Any objections, Mr.Kane?"

Merry
School Building
Time Unknown

If Sakaki was getting any objections, it wouldn't be from Ethan first. Instead, Merry planted a hand on Sakaki's shoulder as soon as he finished his question, grabbing the teacher's attention. A moment later, Merry held up two fingers - pointing them at Ethan and Sakaki - before crossing both arms and shaking one's head.

Two might not be enough, after all. They could watch each other's backs - but if one of them got caught by surprise the other would be all alone. The more that went on this excursion, the more likely that at least someone would be able to come back and inform the others what had happened; they could also carry more supplies back, if they found any. More importantly, it didn't matter how many people were left behind; while it was important to leave at least one person to explain things to those who had yet to wake up, without weapons just how much could any of them do against monsters? They had already seen one during the ritual, and they couldn't even move.

Maybe things would be different, if they were mentally prepared now... but then again, maybe not.

If something dangerous came in, the exit would be blocked. Trying to pick anybody still unconscious would just make it harder for the others to escape. If they wanted to protect the sleepers then they would need weapons... which frankly weren't here.

...of course, explaining all of that was too troublesome for Merry. In the end, the only thing that mattered was that the other two knew Merry was coming along - something that could be easily be conveyed with a simple gesture. Holding up three fingers, Merry looked at the other two, before heading towards the barricade of desks. Even if anybody objected to Merry tagging along, the student would merely ignore them and begin to open a path to the outside.

Blackdeath6031
March 31st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Time unknown

Shizuka paused and contemplated Merry's decision. She had a point, only two people scouting out wouldn't be a good idea. However, seeing a person so timid - or at least that's what Shizuka thought it was from the time he's spent around Merry. That said, it seemed like while he was out Merry had obtained a weapon - a pistol, it appears.

That might be good, but having seen the last comment on the board, Shizuka could not feel confident. It would be more wise to bring more people to ensure the scout group had better chance of surviving.

"No, I agree with Merry-san," The boy finally spoke up, unsure if the others already knew he was awake. "The more people there are going, the better, but three people might not be enough. I'd say four would be best, and I can work on keeping this place fine."

Saying that, he walked toward the blackboard, took a piece of chalk and headed toward Haruka. Pausing for a moment, he noted there were three he could see who were still unconscious. Pocketing the chalk piece he starts trying to slowly, carefully drag the two other members closer to Haruka.
The less area it covers, the longer it stays in effect, after all...


'And then, when they're gone, I can finally have some fun...!'

....Eh?
Shizuka paused for a moment, certain he heard something familiar. However, not seeing the source, he continued to bring his clubmates closer together.

Bloble
March 31st, 2012, 01:38 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

As more of his students volunteered to go, Tetsuro resisted the urge to bring his palm to his face.

"Sorry, Mr.Shizuka, but while you do have a point, it is a matter of principle here. The more people we have, the slower we'll be, thus we need to keep the scouting group small, to more easily flee from anything we might run into. And while I'll accept Merry's decision to accompany us (mostly because stopping Merry is something I've never been capable of) I cannot allow fully half of our group to venture out into the halls. Three is a good number, but four is death." A stupid superstition, to be sure, but it would help his argument even more. In this place, where the unreal became real, perhaps even a foolish belief like that might hold truth.

He folded his arms together. "This place, while probably weakly defended, is our only safe haven at the moment. I can't leave only one person to take care of three unconscious students. And if push comes to shove and you are attacked while we are gone, then just jump out the window and pray that there is something soft at the bottom to break your fall." It was a cold sentence. As a teacher, it pained him to be this strict, but Tetsuro knew that he had to step in and stop this before it got out of hand.

His students were brave. And kind. And willing to risk their lives for friends. He knew that, and he knew that if he didn't stop them, every last one would end up volunteering to go and scout out the empty hallway to help find an escape route. Each one of them was worried for their fellow classmates, and they would give their lives to protect each other.

And that's why he couldn't let them think with their hearts and not their minds.

"Three will be enough. Mr.Kane, Merry and I will explore the rest of the school. The rest of you should wait here and take care of your fellow classmates."

MssrNeko
March 31st, 2012, 03:53 PM
Ethan Kane
School Building
Time Unknown

Before Ethan could say anything, he was interrupted by the sudden appearence of Merry. Despite saying nothing, the mysterious student's message was clear: Merry wanted to join the scout party. And then Kuboiha offered to join as well. Ethan didn't take too well to that; they couldn't afford to leave the unconscious members under protected.

To Ethan's relief, their teacher stepped in. Merry was allowed but Kuboiha was to be left to guard the classroom.

"Kuboiha. I know you want to come, but who will protect the President and the others if we all go? While we're gone, it'll be up to you to protect the classroom. Just make sure to barricade the door after we leave."

Then, sudden inspiration hit Ethan.

"Hang on." Excusing himself, Ethan takes Haruka's phone from Tetsuro and gives it to Kuboiha. "If the others wake up or if something happens, text us. My number is.....here." Flipping through Haruka's contacts Ethan finds his phone number. "Try not to waste the battery, 'kay?"

"When you're ready Sensei, Merry."

RacingeR
March 31st, 2012, 03:54 PM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building
Time Unknown

As the call succeeded, Crimson put the phone in conference mode instantly, smiling a little at Rolanda’s words. She never failed to entertain, and was still sharp as ever. Anyway, as much as she amused her, it was better to not to lose time.

“Yes, I am with another group. I’d say that there are three groups, since I am with Shizuka, Ethan, Sakaki, Merry, the Prez and two others. Sakaki contacted Fukuda earlier and he was with Kyokushin, Kisaragi and Walker. And indeed, there are no dead over here. The thing toying with us is probably going to take us apart one by one, anyway. Since the Prez is still asleep, I doubt I’ll get much amusement by kicking her, so maybe I’ll do it when she awakens. If she does, that is.”

Aki stopped for a bit, after answering Rolanda’s questions one after another, giving a look to her surroundings, and noticing her companions little chat.

“We are in a dusty classroom in a school, in the second or third floor, though I am not sure about it either. The only window we have has enough dust outside to obscure our view, and the place is a bit... dangerous, so we haven’t had time to explore it. There may be fog outside. Now, what can you say me about the group you are stuck with and your general location?”

As she said that, Crimson did some quick signals to Merry, telling the fellow student to get near her. “Can you send the photos of the chalkboard to Rolanda’s phone?”

Blackdeath6031
March 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Time unknown

Stopping again, Shizuka swore inside.
How could he have forgotten that curse? ...No, from another perspective, having precisely four could be a charm to counteract it... But how exactly it'd be done, Shizuka didn't know.
"Fair enough point, Sakaki-sensei. I understand."

Looking at the only other person who was still on the phone, Shizuka quietly nodded to her when .
"Pleasure to be working with you" he wanted to say, but with her on the phone, it seemed rather ru--

....Huh?

"Hold on, Ethan-san. All I ever said was that I believe having four people is a better idea, which Sakaki-sensei has already responded to. I don't think me joining the scouting party would make things better."

Saying that, he finally managed to bring the two students to lie right next to Haruka.
"...Good." Making a proud nod, he then proceeded to take out the chalk and start scribbling on the floor, carefully drawing a circle around the three, large enough to fit them all, plus two others in standing position, but no larger.

At this point, any kind of safety countermeasures would be good, so he can't afford to do simply dawdle about like he really wants to.

Bloble
March 31st, 2012, 10:08 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

Tetsuro smiled. "Alright. I'll be counting on you, so don't let me down Mr.Shizuka."

With that he turned to go to where the exit was, and started dismantling the barricade.

But not before he noticed that Shizuka had dragged the two unconscious students to the middle of the room and was drawing a circle around them.

"Ah, good thinking, Mr.Shizuka!" He commented. "If the enemy we're facing is supernatural, what better way to counter it than with supernatural means?" Really, it was times like this that Tetsuro was proud of his students' ingenuity and intelligence.

As he removed the last desk from the barricade blocking the exit to the room, he looked back to the two people that would accompany him.

"Now listen. While I'll accept that you two are scouting with me, I'll be going first, just in case something crazy is out there." No, Tetsuro would never let one of his students go out first into an unknown area. At the very least, he'd go first, so that if there happened to be a monster out there he'd be the only one attacked. "Now, let's go!"

And with that, he took his first step into the unknown bowels of his hell.

Mereo Flere
March 31st, 2012, 10:48 PM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi

“Can you send the photos of the chalkboard to Rolanda’s phone?”

Merry
School Building - Time Unknown

Merry didn't immediately catch Crimson's signals - but eventually the girl got the fellow student's attention. Even then, it was only after setting aside one more desk that Merry headed over to Crimson to see what the fuss was about, hoping that it wasn't something like Crimson trying to take Merry's place instead.

Fortunately, Crimson wasn't trying to do that... unfortunately, the request was no less troublesome for Merry. While venturing into the unknown school halls was dangerous, Merry couldn't help but feel more vulnerable giving a phone number to Rolanda. Information like that was something that Merry had kept secret from the other members of the club after all - and it wasn't simply out of paranoia. Simply put, there were people in here who Merry simply didn't want to show the number too...

However, given the circumstances, Merry couldn't refuse. Still, the hesitation was there as Merry pulled out the smart phone again. Even as Rolanda's number was inputted into the phone, Merry could already tell this small action was something that would be regretted later. In the end, only the reminder that the information could help save the others eased Merry's mind.

By then, Sakaki had already finished removing the last of the barricade. The teacher maintained a confident facade - declaring that he would go first... and Merry had no reason to disagree. It spared the youth a moment to prepare for the adventure beyond the doors - a moment that Merry believed was necessary. They had to be prepared for what they would see. It wasn't just monsters they had to watch out for - according to the chalk board there would be bodies out there as well. Steeling one's heart, being ready for any gruesome scene - that was just as important as being able to fight.

A person's mind could be just as vulnerable as their body, after all.

With one last glance at the others who would be staying behind, Merry waved goodbye and followed Sakaki beyond the threshold.

Blackdeath6031
March 31st, 2012, 11:40 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Time unknown

"Ah, good thinking, Mr.Shizuka! If the enemy we're facing is supernatural, what better way to counter it than with supernatural means?"

.....Huh...

"Supernatural?"
The boy looked up at his teacher.
"In the first place, why'd you think I'm doing something supernatural from just drawing a circle? Heck, I don't even know what I'm doing Sensei. But if what Haruka did worked, then maybe something simple like this wou--"

.....He's gone. His teacher, whom he wanted to give his rebuttal, his usual denial that he was doing something remotely supernatural, to, was gone. In the end, just as usual, no one would pay attention to his sincere claims that he's just as normal as anyone else.

Indeed, if someone had actually asked him what he was doing, he'd explain that he was attempting to do a border around his clubmates, in the innocent hopes that it would stop things from harming them. Admittedly a childish, naive thought now that he'd thought of it.

"....Geez..."
Letting out a sigh, he stopped, plopping his behind onto the ground and let the piece of chalk roll out of his hands and onto the ground.
All this is so pointless...why did he bother speaking up, why'd he bother drawing a pointless circle?
...Why'd he leave that circle half-drawn and bother stopping?

Seeing Merry looking back before leaving, he lazily waved his hand before letting his back fall onto the ground.
Finally, he had some time to think. Some time to consider what happened, what options were left to them to work on.

Calming himself down, he stood back up, picked up the chalk piece and headed toward the board. He shouldn't just do nothing but wait while here, right?
....But what can he do? Someone like him...

Verg Avesta
April 2nd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Rolanda A. Knox
Misty Park - Time unknown


“We are in a dusty classroom in a school, in the second or third floor, though I am not sure about it either. The only window we have has enough dust outside to obscure our view, and the place is a bit... dangerous, so we haven’t had time to explore it. There may be fog outside. Now, what can you say me about the group you are stuck with and your general location?”

Rolanda smiled unpleasantly as she acquired the information Aki fed her.

“Good. This might finally get interesting. Too bad, though. I would have wished there would have been at least one dismembered corpse or something”, Rolanda cackled. “But yes, about our location……Right now, we are outside, in a park of some sort. Our position is most unfavorable, as we are surrounded by fog that blocks the view in all directions, though I can see a river behind us, and a large building on an elevated area ahead of us. Judging from the plant-life, we are either in an artificially built park or not inside Fuyuki anymore.”

Rolanda clicked her tongue, annoyed, and finally made a decision. She had already come to a conclusion after summoning the map of Fuyuki City into her head.

“No, scratch that. We can pretty much rule it out that we would be in Fuyuki City anymore. First of all, not a single park in Fuyuki City faces an elevated, large building. The river would put us on the either side of the Fuyuki River, but there is no school near it, like the one you are in”, Rolanda deducted quickly. “…And since you haven’t said you are in Homurahara’s classroom, the school is not the one found in Fuyuki either. Wherever we are, this is not Fuyuki. Get a sheet of paper and start mapping the area.”

Rolanda sighed and eyed the group around her with disdain.

“And while you’re at it, Aki……Do keep an eye out for your group, will you? There are eight of you. There should be some reason to why, instead of four smaller groups, we have a one bigger group and two smaller ones. And if you remember what president said, then… *giggle*giggle* Seven Warriors of Hell, or what was it? You are just one past that. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of you was murdered in short period of time. Then again, I cannot be completely sure either. That’s the beauty of mysteries like this *cackle*cackle*cackle*.”

If one would have had to describe the laugh that came out of Rolanda’s mouth, it would have been with two words: “Obscene” and “Malicious”. It was as if she saw this whole situation in a light that normal human would not have been able to.

It was at that point that Rolanda got the picture of the chalkboard’s text into her cell phone. She snickered as she understood who the sender was, and with slightly sadistic glint in her eyes, saved the number under the name “Merry”. Only after that did she look at the texts.

“Oh, and one more thing, Aki…” Rolanda spoke up. “While I’m going over this, could you hand your phone over to Mr. Tetsuro? I need to speak with our teacher a bit.”



Rolanda’s hands moved as she nimbly took a piece of paper and a pen from her bag, and began writing down the sentences in the picture.



Rolanda passed the paper piece to the others, so they could also see what had been written down.



And finally...

A smile formed on Rolanda’s face. A smile full of enjoyment that came from things no normal human could find even bit of pleasure. It was like a mixture of sadism, scorn and pure arrogance, a face that no human should ever show to anyone else.

“Whaaaat’s this, aren’t we finally getting interesting~? *cackle*cackle*cackle* Good, good! I guess this means I don’t have to hold back anymore”, Rolanda gave out a shrill laughter and stared into the darkness. “Good day to you, my . Let’s see just what you have got in stock.”

Rolanda’s fingers flew on the first lines of the picture.

“This confirms it. We are no longer in Fuyuki City, even if this place might bear some resemblance to it. Students of academies of other cities have no reason to be transported into Fuyuki after performing our ritual, at least not in the actual one. Not only that, but this might not even be about the ritual our president talked at all. First of all, judging from the amount of bodies mentioned, this place has been around for a quite a while, not to mention how many times it has been performed. The ritual president spoke of was centered in Fuyuki City, but why would it concern people of other cities. Heeeey, tell me~*cackle*cackle*cackle.” Rolanda’s smile was now almost ecstatic. “Survival is possible for 9 days in the school, probably less in the areas outside it. There are supposedly monster that wander around the “starting zones”, but since those cannot sustain people, we are forced to move at some point. In other words, we are driven to situation where we have to risk our lives just to increase our chances of survival. And why would that beee~?”

Sei
April 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

Akira- [Dark Sense]
An overwhelming feeling of unease begins to creep up your spine. Being somewhat accustomed to this, it doesn't take you long to figure out what's going on. Whatever is causing you to feel this way, you know is coming from across the river.

100%

School Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Ethan- [Danger Sense]
The sound of static slowly begins to fill your head. Gradually it grows in intensity and plateaus at a moderate annoyance.

Shizuka- [Clairvoyance]
In the middle of you thought, you are suddenly thrown into a violent, hazy vision. The roof of the classroom suddenly caves in and a creature shrouded in fog descends upon you and your unsuspecting classmates. You hear the voices of you and the others as you react to the create, but you can't tell how. Finally, you catch a glimpse of a red ooze dripping from the creature's maw. Hanging out from it's teeth is none other than Kuromusi's lifeless arm.

After this scene plays out in your head, your mind returns to the present in anticipation of what is to come.

100%

Hospital Building
Time Unknown


Fukuda Masahiro
"Mishi Mishi Mishi~"

He kneeled down and called for the animal. He was pretty sure the cat would come to him. If that was the case, then he would hand it over to Maiko as soon as possible. If not, well, he would simply leave it alone.

[Beast Tamer]

The cat almost immediately recognizes your call, but remains at a distance for awhile. However, as if drawn in by curiosity, the tiny creature slowly advances towards you. Seemingly unafraid of you now, the cat easily allows for you to take it into your arms and remains calm even after.

The creatures presence lightens the mood. Group's Will +1.

100%


Do Keep Your Spirits Up~
I shouldn't need to tell you this, but keeping your spirits up is an important part of survival. After all, if you don't have the will to live, then what do you have?

Naturally, there are a number of ways to maintain your Will (winning fights, finding food, and other assorted events). However, there are also a number of ways for you to lose your will as well. And for the sake of my own entertainment, I'll let you figure that out~

Oh, and if you're finding yourself especially desperate, you can always trade your Sanity for Will~

I3uster
April 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

"Y-you are good with animals M-Masahiro..."
A warm smile could be seen on Maiko's face as she petted their new party member.
"W-we should give it a n-name,don't you think? S-since you f-found it, y-you should take r-responsibility."

Still on her knees, she looked back into the room. As she saw the shelf an idea hit her.

"W-we will hopefully n-not encounter anything b-bad on our w-way out, b-but just in c-case...we c-can take the sh-shelf apart and use the l-legs for..."
Hurting people? Killing them? Maiko paused for a bit. Why would they need a weapon? They would just walk out of the hospital. There was no reason to be this paranoid about it, after all there was no sign of danger around them, even if the cat gave everyone a scare.
"...n-nevermind."

Maiko resumed to petting their little companion, having lost her cool again.

Airen
April 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Akira Kurogane
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

It was the sort of feeling that I would never quite get used too, an unexplainable unease that crept up my spine, and awoke the feelings of fear that I had managed to suppress. It wasn't the first time I had felt something like this, and so the expression on my face didn't change at all, but my eyes darted towards the river, reflexively searching the fog for whatever my body instinctively knew was there, making it's way towards the position of my group. I had always been a firm believer in logical thinking, but at the same time, I had always put quite a lot of faith in my own instinct, and right now, in this situation, I was rather inclined to trust in my bodies sudden desire to flee.

“Listen everyone, we need to get away from the river now,” My voice was just as serious as it was during school hours, the no-nonsense tone making it clear that I wasn't messing around, “We don't have to go into the house, but I believe that there's something approaching us from the river. So we should move now, before it gets here."

My instincts had never steered me wrong before, but I had to convince the others that it was in their best interest to move away from here, now.

Hopefully they would just trust me enough to do as I asked, but then again, they probably didn't know me that well...

Turning my gaze away from the group and towards the riverside fog, I once again found myself searching for an outline in the mist. If it came down to it, and something did appear before I could convince everyone to get out of here, I could always try to use that.

The one 'weapon' that I had on my person at all times.

hero
April 4th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


"Oh, a name, of course."

Certainly, they had no time to be fooling around. Their main priority should be to get out of the building and mark it, as their teacher had instructed. But if naming the cat would bring a smile to at least one member of his group, then it was just as necessary to do so. He had to keep their spirits up. Plus, it was not like such a thing would slow them down, anyways.

"Hmmm..." Fukuda Masahiro thought about it for a second. "Jungo. Let's call him Jungo."

After that, the conversation took a drastic shift. The topic of the moment was 'weapons'. It was a hard choice, to be honest, and not even Masahiro was sure of what to say. It was a fact that makeshift weapons would be of no use against the humanoid monster they had summoned. Hell, he wasn't sure if a good gun would have an effect on it. On the other hand, weaponry could make the group feel a little bit safer, and if luck was on their side, they would never have to use them.

The boy took a deep breath.

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible. If it makes you feel safe, feel free take whatever you can use as a weapon with you." He said approvingly, but then he shook his head. "But we are searching for a way out, don't forget that. We should stay focused on that... And, if you ask me, I'd rather not enter another one of 'those' rooms..." He pointed at the door from where they had come from. "...Unless I really need to."

With that said, it was time to move. He walked forward, hoping his friends would follow after him.

Optimus
April 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mark Walker
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Mark smiled as he saw the cat approach Masahiro. Somehow, just being close to an animal he'd have hated long ago felt like it gripped him a bit closer to reality.

-"Wow. You're pretty good with animals, Masahiro."


"W-we will hopefully n-not encounter anything b-bad on our w-way out, b-but just in c-case...we c-can take the sh-shelf apart and use the l-legs for..."
"...n-nevermind."

-"Hopefully? You think that after mysteriously waking up in a hospital in a pool of blood, we can afford to use words like that? -Mark said with a dry voice tone, gripping himself tighter to reality- I say we tread lightly, and don't do shit like dismissing noises. If any of you hears strange voices, report inmediately. In my opinion, a false alarm is better than getting caught by surprise."


"We need to get out of here as soon as possible. If it makes you feel safe, feel free take whatever you can use as a weapon with you." He said approvingly, but then he shook his head. "But we are searching for a way out, don't forget that. We should stay focused on that... And, if you ask me, I'd rather not enter another one of 'those' rooms..." He pointed at the door from where they had come from. "...Unless I really need to."

Nodding solemnly, Mark stepped up and followed Masahiro.

Satehi
April 7th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

“That was fast. I didn’t know you were good with animals, Masahiro.”

Akira had never really been too fond of animals, but watching the scene brought a smile to his face. It made their current situation seem not as big of a deal as it had been earlier, not as life threatening. He had no objections to the name, either.



"We need to get out of here as soon as possible. If it makes you feel safe, feel free take whatever you can use as a weapon with you." He said approvingly, but then he shook his head. "But we are searching for a way out, don't forget that. We should stay focused on that... And, if you ask me, I'd rather not enter another one of 'those' rooms..." He pointed at the door from where they had come from. "...Unless I really need to."

“I agree with you as far as those rooms are concerned. Spending any extra time here is pointless…but, as far as a weapon goes…”

Akira began, walking over to the flimsy shelf in the hallway. He grabbed one of the four legs of the object, before rearing his hand back into a fist.

“I think one of these metal sticks would do quite nicely, wouldn’t you say!?”

As he said it, Akira slammed his fist straight down on of the points that joined one of the metal legs of the shelf with the rest of it. He wouldn’t just stop at one hit, though- he would continue to smash it until everything that had connected the four legs to the rest of the shelf had broken off, leaving four metal rods in their place.

Sei
April 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM
As he said it, Akira slammed his fist straight down on of the points that joined one of the metal legs of the shelf with the rest of it. He wouldn’t just stop at one hit, though- he would continue to smash it until everything that had connected the four legs to the rest of the shelf had broken off, leaving four metal rods in their place.

After all is said and done, what you're left with is four blunt weapons. The material with which they're made from makes them more threatening than menacing; however, for now, it's better than nothing.

Obtained Flimsy Metal Rod x4
[Increases attack strength by 1, however it has very low durability.]

Optimus
April 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Mark Walker
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Jesus, fine. Seems like this will be better than nothing.

Mark sighed, grabbing one of the metal rods that Akira had made from the shelf. Looking at it, it did look menacing, but even he could tell that against that monster, it wouldn't certainly do him any good.

Hmm... Perhaps with a little help he could...

Pretending he was just taking a breather, he clicked the switch inside his mind.

>Circuit 1, Activation.
>Circuit 2, Stand by.

>Object to Reinforce: Metal Rod. Composition unknown. Most likely some kind of iron alloy. Thus, we can safely assume most of its properties come from its atomic structure, shaped like a net of electrons running around atoms. Allright.

>Circuit 1 and 2, Ready. Let's try to work around with the minimal amounts of prana possible. Harder, better, faster, stronger, in 3, 2, 1...

He could only hope that it would work, because otherwise, he was fucked. Also, he prayed that no one would notice, because last thing he already had his hands full with getting a weapon for himself in this situation. At best, he would be able to perform Reinforcement two or three times more in a row, and he did not want that to happen.

Mellon
April 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Troph
Misty Park - Time unknown

Jeez. If we got sucked into a manga, it should have been a Shonen one. With those beautiful girls and manly men screaming about friendship and all. But no. Survival Horror it is.

To put it bluntly, they had been transported into... well a park with a rather disconcerning amount of mist it would seem. And somewhere that definitely did not seem to be in Fuyuki at least. Not that he was particularly bothered about that last part. While the others were seemingly willing to bicker with the Little Miss Detective, he really could not be bothered. That girl was much more annoyance then she was worth. He still remembered the time when she tried to dig out his past for a week after he had made that one particular offhand comment.

But still...

"How you survive up until the end is none of my concern"? What is with this cliché approach to storytelling! Next you will tell me that the one causing this is a young girl with dark hair who was drowned into a well by her evil parents!

Suddenly, Akira spoke up.


“We don't have to go into the house, but I believe that there's something approaching us from the river. So we should move now, before it gets here."

Hoo? Interesting...

"Yoooosh! I agree, my friend! If this is Survival Horror, then we must try to forcefully change the genre to something more acceptable! And I guess, if there are magical munchkins roaming about, then staying on the move is a better strategy anyway."

He did not sense any approaching danger, but... in this situation he was more willing to trust any possible cues of danger. Being a bit more alert and prepared was hardly a negative thing in this situation. Taking a deep breath he prepared himself for possible action, whether it be fight or flight.

Blackdeath6031
April 9th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Time unknown (Evening)

A quick moment's pause. Not because of confusion as to what is happening. No, he knew full well. But rather another question came to his mind - 'why'. Why did he see that? Didn't his visions cease four years back? ....No, he told himself hastily as he quickly dashed toward his slumbering clubmates. He doesn't have the time to think.

"FUMI-SAN!" He snapped, loud enough for the girl - and perhaps those who had just left - to hear the urgency in his voice as he picked up Haruka and held her in a bridal carry style and thought of how to deal with moving the other two.
"We have to leave, quick. This room isn't safe. Please help me carry them...!"
Speaking in short, quick sentences in a manner that made it obvious he was tripping over his own words but not caring to correct himself - he no longer had the time.

In a way, he had hoped that those who had just left heard his voice, but he couldn't expect anyone to believe him. Especially when the words on the board and the room's condition implied its safety so overtly.

Run. Run quick, you damned fool. Ignore everyone else...!

Pacing as quick as he could, he tried to rashly kick the tables and chairs out of the way of the entrance.

Helias
April 10th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Odo Tougas
School Building
Time Unknown

Ugh, what the hell happened...?

That is my first thought as I awaken inside what appears to be an abandoned classroom inside the school. Looking around, I see several other people in the room with me. Out of the group, the only people I recognize are Haruka, and... I think that's Mr. Tetsuro. Or was it Mr. Sakaki? Never was good with last names.

I slowly rise to my feet, and reprimand myself under my breath. "Just couldn't go back home to my parents like a good student. No, I just had to join this club and stay after school. Nothing could possibly go wrong in a club of the occult, right?"

So, what happened? I begin to think. I can't remember much of anything, other than some guy I've never seen before getting cut in half by some weird black thing I've never seen before. Probably has something to do with magecraft. Always blame the wizards. I'm not a magus, but I still know of magecraft. Aside from "wizards did it," the only other explanations are that I'm dreaming, I'm high, or I'm drunk. Quite possibly a combination of the three. But, since this is an Occult & Horror Club... yeah, wizards did it.

Oh wait, I only just noticed that guy carrying Haruka. I heard him say something, but I wasn't sure what. Probably something along the lines of "get up and start running or we're ditching you." That's probably what he said, so I walk after him and begin to say something in return.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Who are you, and which way are we running?" Yeah, that's probably the best thing to say. I hope.

Blackdeath6031
April 10th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Time unknown (Evening)


....Who..?

"Ah, my name i--"
He stopped himself.
"NO, THAT'S NOT THE TIME FOR THAT." He snapped, mainly to himself, however. "Outta the room, now. Quick. And take the other sleeper wit' you."

Somehow these turn of events have gotten on his nerves much more than he had wanted - in a way where he wasn't certain if he was afraid, peeved, annoyed, agitated or mad, but he had to forge on - out of the room with everyone in tow. As quick as possible, and before that​ happens.

RacingeR
April 10th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building
Time Unknown


“Good. This might finally get interesting. Too bad, though. I would have wished there would have been at least one dismembered corpse or something”, Rolanda cackled. “But yes, about our location……Right now, we are outside, in a park of some sort. Our position is most unfavorable, as we are surrounded by fog that blocks the view in all directions, though I can see a river behind us, and a large building on an elevated area ahead of us. Judging from the plant-life, we are either in an artificially built park or not inside Fuyuki anymore.”

“Don’t worry, I am pretty sure there are plenty of dismembered corpses thrown around here, judging from the writing in the chalkboard.” A smile appeared on Crimson’s lips as she imagined the face others would put when seeing the rests of those that had come before them. “Anyway, a building? Kihihihihi... it seriously looks like they aren’t giving you that many options this time around. I bet you that you are going to end in that house, even if you don’t want to.”


“No, scratch that. We can pretty much rule it out that we would be in Fuyuki City anymore. First of all, not a single park in Fuyuki City faces an elevated, large building. The river would put us on the either side of the Fuyuki River, but there is no school near it, like the one you are in”, Rolanda deducted quickly. “…And since you haven’t said you are in Homurahara’s classroom, the school is not the one found in Fuyuki either. Wherever we are, this is not Fuyuki. Get a sheet of paper and start mapping the area.”

“Understood. It will be better if you do the same. I have the sensation this fog you mention might be spread out everywhere, so moving around will be hard to move around. All engineered to be as entertaining as possible, isn’t it?” The redhead showed a brief unpleasant smile, too quick for anyone on her surroundings to notice it.


“And while you’re at it, Aki……Do keep an eye out for your group, will you? There are eight of you. There should be some reason to why, instead of four smaller groups, we have a one bigger group and two smaller ones. And if you remember what president said, then… *giggle*giggle* Seven Warriors of Hell, or what was it? You are just one past that. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of you was murdered in short period of time. Then again, I cannot be completely sure either. That’s the beauty of mysteries like this *cackle*cackle*cackle*.”

“Oh, don’t worry, Rolanda-chan. I intend to fully keep an eye on my group. They will be amusing, to say the least.” And then, as if a veil had been lifted, a wide, gruesome smile that no human could make appeared on her face like a gash, as she stared away from her group, making that terrible expression invisible for them. “As long as they entertain me, I’ll keep their company.” Crimson said in a sing-song voice, as if joking.

When she turned back, her face was as normal, as if nothing had happened, she threw her phone lightly towards her teacher. “There, Sakaki-sensei. You got a call.”

While her teacher attended that call, Aki had some time to reflect on what she had heard from Rolanda on the phone. Or, as her friend would say, she was just making some good old exercise with her little gray cells.

Their thoughts had been more or less in line. As expected, Rolanda had gone a bit more far with her deductions, which saved her some time. Thinking about it, since waking up she had the distinct impression of this being some kind of game, as if that thing that had killed Justin was just toying with them. And a game where one party couldn’t win was boring, at least on Crimson’s opinion.

So, by that logic, there was a way to win. Not much of a deduction, but it was getting there. And for the way to win, it was impossible to tell with her current knowledge. There could be an infinite number of ways. This could be a Bounded Field, or a Reality Marble, but now, basing her thoughts on the sensation she had felt before losing consciousness, and in the fact that they weren’t on Fuyuki anymore, it was more probable that they had been ‘teleported’ somewhere else.

Crimson walked towards the window. It was impossible to see if outside that fog that Rolanda had mentioned existed, not with all the dirt and dust that covered it from the outside, but it was a pretty good bet that it did. That could mean they were nearby, maybe on the same city, but in this kind of situation, nothing could be expected to be that simple or to make sense. Any deduction that she would do with her current knowledge was useless. As long as they kept being on the classroom, nothing would be accomplished. The best move would be...

A sudden yell. Maybe it was thanks to Shizuka’s attitude and apparent terror, but Crimson’s senses suddenly screamed danger, even if she had no idea of from where that was coming. Keeping calm, she moved at a speed that would have left anyone normal completely dumbfounded, ignoring the guy that had just woken up, and rushing towards the last sleeper.

Mereo Flere
April 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Merry
School - Time Unknown

They hadn't made it five steps outside of the classroom before someone inside screamed. That was probably a good sign.

Merry ignored Shizuka's panicked cries, however, figuring that the boy had just suddenly broken down underneath these unusual circumstances. It was quick - but it couldn't be expected for everyone to be able to remain calm under such duress. Even Merry wasn't really calm - inside that quiet body, blood had started to boil, anticipating something to appear any moment now. It didn't seem like there was any immediate danger out in the hallway or even back in the classroom - but appearances could be deceiving.

If something did appear, Merry wasn't sure what to do. Until it actually appeared before their eyes, none of them probably knew how they were going to react.

For the moment, however, Merry could figure out where to go. Even without a map of some sort, this was still a school building - or at least it was built like one. The nearest classrooms probably wouldn't have anything useful; those would've been the first places to be scavenged, and considering the state of the supply closet it was unlikely there was anything useful left in them. There was a cafeteria, but there was apparently no food there; that, however, meant there was food somewhere. Before food, however, they needed water.

As disgusting as some people might find it... the closest sources Merry could think of were the bathrooms, which tended to be on every floor - usually near the stairwell. Close to that was usually the Janitor Supply closet. It was possible that had been picked clean as well - but with any luck there was a broom or a mop in there.

With that plan of action in mind, Merry headed to the janitor's closet on this floor first, if one could be seen from just outside of the classroom. Assuming that it wasn't locked, Merry would cautiously open it... and, if it was locked, Merry would leave it alone. No good would come out of making a big noise trying to kick the door down, after all.

Bloble
April 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

The moment Tetsuro took his first step out of the hall, all hell broke loose.

Surprisingly, it came not from outside, but inside. It wasn't a monster attack or a cheap shock. No, instead, several things happened almost simultaneously. Shizuka abruptly panicked and started trying to remove himself and the unconscious students from the room, raving about something bad happening. Aki chuckled and tossed him her cell phone, leaving him to answer a call from one of his more troublesome students. And to make things even worse, Merry ran off with a typical casual disinterest.

Tetsuro froze for a moment. Instantly two major problems presented themselves. One, Shizuka was somehow going crazy and possibly endangering the club. Two, Merry had run off into the darkness, and would soon be invisible. Oh, and he still had to talk to Rolanda.

There was no time to think. Tetsuro was forced to make a quick decision, and hoped it was the right one.

He switched his phone to his right hand and grabbed Ethan with his left, swinging the boy around to meet his eyes. "Mr.Kane, stay here. I'm leaving you and Ms.Fumi in charge. Try to defuse the situation!" Tetsuro looked his student in the eye for one long moment before releasing his shoulder and looking at the rapidly fading form of Merry.

He bit back a curse, and took off running towards his student, hoping to catch up to Merry before the troublesome youth disappeared completely. It was a hard choice, but he was confident that the others would be able to survive without him, at least for a few minutes. Merry, on the other hand, was completely alone, and thus in a much worse position. He wouldn't let one of his students venture out into the unknown without a companion!

At the same time, he brought the phone to his ear, and was about to speak before he noticed it was upside down. He hurriedly spun it the right way around, and answered with a cheer that really didn't fit him at the moment.

"Hello, Ms.Knox." He said lightly. "It appears you chose an... interesting time to request to talk to me." He kept his eyes on Merry, whilst trying to keep his attention on Rolanda's voice at the same time, while still keeping his senses open and trying to listen for any possible hostile creatures in the hallway. For someone unused to operating phones, it was a... slightly difficult task.

Helias
April 10th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Odo Tougas
School Building
Time Unknown



"Ah, my name i--"
He stopped himself.
"NO, THAT'S NOT THE TIME FOR THAT." He snapped, mainly to himself, however. "Outta the room, now. Quick. And take the other sleeper wit' you."

I make a confused face. What the hell did I do to deserve that? I haven't even done anything wrong yet! Have I?

...Nah. He's just overreacting to nothing in particular. I think. Wouldn't hurt to listen to him for now, though.

I shrug nonchalantly, and kneel to pick the sleeper up. I carefully sling him over my shoulder, and rise to my feet. Or maybe it's 'her?' Now's not the time to care, so I'll just go with 'the sleeper.'

"Alright," I speak up, "let's go wherever we're going. But you still haven't answered my question." If he yells again, I might just hit him. I don't like yelling.

Blackdeath6031
April 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
Occult & Horror Club – Time unknown (Evening)

"Alright, let's go wherever we're going. But you still haven't answered my question."

....
He would have if he could, Shizuka cursed internally.

"No, just outta here, a-sap."
If it really came back then this is the best we can do, he thought. If not, then...

No matter.

Not wanting to waste any more air and energy that could be spent on moving out as quick as possible on speaking, he remained silent, instead focusing on escaping.

Verg Avesta
April 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Rolanda A. Knox

Misty Park – Unknown Time


"Hello, Ms.Knox. It appears you chose an... interesting time to request to talk to me."

“Well-well. It appears you’re somewhat out of breath, Mr. Tetsuro”, Rolanda answered with smirk on her lips. “Could it be that one of my fellow club-members decided to venture into the unknown all by himself, or perhaps someone was taken over by panic? Do your utmost best to keep them in line, as mischievous they might be. I know that every single one of them is a good, honest person, after all.”

The tone Rolanda used was something between of condescending and mocking, but with ironic echo of her usual honor student kindness. Like a mixture of oil and water poured onto words.


“Listen everyone, we need to get away from the river now. We don't have to go into the house, but I believe that there's something approaching us from the river. So we should move now, before it gets here."

Rolanda looked over at Kurogane with raised eyebrow, shrugged nonchalantly, and made a gesture with her free hand that they should start moving out of the park. She grabbed her cane with the said hand, and begun strolling in quite relaxed manner, clearly heading towards the building in the distance.

“It is not as if we have other choices presented to us. It is quite clear that in this situation, we are being forced on leaving this site, and with the river blocked, the only point of interest left is the building ahead of us”, Rolanda said while holding her phone so that the teacher would not think she was talking to him.

“Now then, where were we…? Ah yes. Mr. Tetsuro, there are two favors I would like to ask from you, seeing that you are right now the person the students in your group look up to. First of all, I would like you to keep an eye out for Aki. Chances are that if you leave her to her own devices, she will kill one or more out of your group. Her psyche is surprisingly unstable for a cute girl like her”, Rolanda spoke in a disturbingly cheerful tone.

Roland cleared her throat and started peering at the building ahead of her, now that she was getting closer. She was trying to see any sort of details that might help her determine what kind of building the one ahead of them was, while keeping an eye out for any sort of movement in her visual range.

“And the other thing is, Mr. Tetsuro…you are in a school building, correct? Then, when you find the time, could you go up to the rooftop. If we are in a same city at the moment, which I am highly inclined to believe, you should be above the fog that blocks the view here in the park, and there, you should be able to get a good look at the city surrounding your building. This would help every group greatly, as you can imagine”, she spoke. “And while you’re at it, do keep an eye out for any sort of information in the school, such as books or the best-before-dates in food you will find. Those should give us clues to our whereabouts.”

Rolanda smirked to herself when she waited for her teacher to answer. What she had not said was that if the group headed up to the rooftop, they would most likely trap themselves permanently there, and would be killed if there was something hunting them inside the school. But as long as she would get the information before that, it would have been a move that counted.

After all, she still had her own group and the third group to use.

Bloble
April 13th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Building
Time Unknown

As Tetsuro followed Merry down the hall and into the unknown, Rolanda spoke to him, her voice springing from the cell phone like magic. Or at least, to Tetsuro it might as well have been magic, for all he knew of such technology.

“Well-well. It appears you’re somewhat out of breath, Mr. Tetsuro”, Rolanda answered with smirk on her lips. “Could it be that one of my fellow club-members decided to venture into the unknown all by himself, or perhaps someone was taken over by panic? Do your utmost best to keep them in line, as mischievous they might be. I know that every single one of them is a good, honest person, after all.”

"Ah, yes..." Tetsuro grimaced, and was glad that Rolanda couldn't see his face as he remembered the rapidly escalating situation in the class. "Well, for the most part the students are doing remarkably well considering the situation. Of course, some of them are slightly more... proactive than others, and are taking matters into their own hands. But it is good to see you worrying about your club members, Ms.Knox. As expected from one of the school's best honour students." He smiled weakly at that. "Likewise, I shall be counting on you to steer your group to safety, Ms.Knox. It is a sad thing that I should have to ask you to do such a thing, but they will definitely benefit from your guidance, I am sure, and I am confident that you will be able to handle the responsibility."

Yes, there was no reason to worry without need. Shizuka probably just had a small panic attack. Fumi and Kane would calm him down, and keep things under control. And the scouting mission was still progressing along just as it was originally going to, albeit with a slightly hastened schedule and team roster. Fukuda would take care of the Hospital group, and Rolanda would make sure nothing bad happened to her group. Everything would be fine.

Hopefully if he repeated it in his head enough, Tetsuro would be able to believe those words.


“Now then, where were we…? Ah yes. Mr. Tetsuro, there are two favors I would like to ask from you, seeing that you are right now the person the students in your group look up to. First of all, I would like you to keep an eye out for Aki. Chances are that if you leave her to her own devices, she will kill one or more out of your group. Her psyche is surprisingly unstable for a cute girl like her”, Rolanda spoke in a disturbingly cheerful tone.

"..." Tetsuro paused. He sighed. In an instant his slowly returning good mood had vanished. Fumi, unstable? Her, killing her own classmates? It was almost unthinkable. One of his students, going crazy? He couldn't even entertain the thought of such a thing!

Yet... in a small corner of his mind, he admitted to himself that it was very possible indeed. Even though Tetsuro believed in his students, a tiny seed of doubt had been planted in his mind. Hopefully it would never have need to grow.

"I shall... take your words into consideration, Ms.Knox." He said after a slight pause. "Thank you for the advice, but you need not worry. I'll make sure that Ms.Fumi's psyche is kept as stable as possible." And probably his own psyche. Tetsuro considered himself a solidly grounded man, but couldn't deny that he might crack if subjected to enough mental pressure. If one of the kindest and most trustworthy of his students suspected another, he'd have to at least take note of the opinion.

He looked at Merry for a moment. Merry, go crazy? Tetsuro paused for a moment then shook his head suppressed a chuckle. Not a chance.

"Now, about this second favour...?"


“And the other thing is, Mr. Tetsuro…you are in a school building, correct? Then, when you find the time, could you go up to the rooftop. If we are in a same city at the moment, which I am highly inclined to believe, you should be above the fog that blocks the view here in the park, and there, you should be able to get a good look at the city surrounding your building. This would help every group greatly, as you can imagine”, she spoke. “And while you’re at it, do keep an eye out for any sort of information in the school, such as books or the best-before-dates in food you will find. Those should give us clues to our whereabouts.”

"Hm... the rooftop..." Tetsuro considered the idea. It was risky. The plan he'd been thinking of was to scout the lower floors and head towards the ground so that they could leave the school together. To go up would be too dangerous, leaving them with little chance to escape. Yet... Rolanda had a point. If he could see past the fog, the view could possibly, no, probably help a great deal. "That is definitely... an idea." He admitted. "It's risky, but it might help us as well." Perhaps he could make a detour on his scouting trip to look at the roof? It certainly wasn't impossible. Then again, he wasn't a gambler, and Tetsuro had no idea whether "I'll see if we can check it out, and I'll make sure to contact you with any information I find. I'm sure you'll do the same when you find any information we can use."

He paused for a few moments to get his breath back, and waited for Rolanda's reply. Truthfully, Tetsuro wasn't normally a big talker. Saying so much in such a short time was going to tire out his throat very soon if he kept it up. Still, such a thing was a minor worry compared to the actual important stuff.

Tetsuro decided to cut short any introspective thoughts, and quickly focused on the outside world, Specifically, Merry, striding in front of him without a care in the world. If something decided to attack, he would be ready to intercept it.

Hopefully.

Sei
April 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
School Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Just as Crimson makes her way to the sleeping Yumiko, the ceiling just above comes crashing down violently. The doors to the classroom slam shut behind the teacher as if pulled by an apparition, but no sound occupanies it. Slowly the images of the exits fade as if being erased by the world and only a complete wall remains.

At that same moment, the static noise which played in Ethan's head erupted into a deafening, almost demonic fanfare. At the site of the incident beneath the thin curtain of dust stood a feral beast easily three times the size of anyone there. Though it had the appearance of a wolf, it was easy to tell that this thing was far from it as it loomed over the sleeping girl.

http://st.gdefon.ru/wallpapers_original/wallpapers/338882_anime_monstr_past_klyki_krov_2048x1200_%28w ww.GdeFon.ru%29.jpg
Before any of you have the time to react, the beast wastes no time in attacking what it came for. Quickly swooping down on it's motionless meal, the monster easily takes Yumiko into its jaw and sinks it's many blade-like teeth into the girl's flesh. It goes without saying that the resulting pain woke the girl up, but she was silenced before so much as a whimper could escape her throat. With a single furious motion, the creature swings Yumiko's body through the air and slams her head first against the ground. The contains of the girl's head spill out on the floor at the point of impact and nothing is left to her shoulders but a bleeding stump.

Once it's prey falls limp in it's jaws, the mighty beast slowly begins to chew what remains. And as the sounds of muscle tearing and bones being crush fill the air, it turns it's eyes to the rest of the group.

[Encountered Moukuu]

100%

Battle Calculation
Moukuu's Speed
-20 (Moukuu's AGI) > *Sleep*(Target's EVA)
Moukuu's Attack
- 40 (Moukuu's ATK) - 15 (Target's DEF) = 25 damage
--[Ravage] When 20 damage or more is dealt to a target, deal an additional 10 damage.
-- 25 + 10 = 35 damage
--- Sneak Attack. 35 x 1.5 = 52.5 damageTanaka Yumiko: 50 HP - 52.5 = 0
Tanaka Yumiko: DEAD END

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
ATK (40), AGI (20)
Ravage: When the Moukuu deals 20 or more damage in a single turn, it deals an additional 10 by continuing to tear at the target's defense.


Encountering Monsters
Oh~? It seems like you've finally met one of the many lovely beast which occupy this glorious garden. Well, I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but... I wouldn't count on them being friendly~ So, naturally, as prey standing before it's predator, you have two choices: fight or run. However, bear in mind since you've never encountered a creature such as this, you have no idea what it's capabilities are. Of course this can be remedied by simply engaging the threat, but whether or not you can stand to do that... I'm not telling~

Live or die. Kill or be killed. The choice is yours, my precious rats~

100%

Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

Just as you all begin to head make your way to safety, a fleshy harmony resonates through the air. Slowly turning back towards the river, you spot several figures emerging from the mist towards the group. The things that emerge, while baring a resemblance to humans, reside far from the domain of man. Each of them is practically featureless, with dull, grey, scaly skin similar to that of a reptile. All of their digits go down to a razor-sharp point to complement the shark-like teeth jetting from their gaping maws while each one of their dragging steps creates a noises similar to meat slapping against a board.

http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/2/23/Regenerator.jpeg
Their attention doesn't appear to be that focused; however, you get the feeling that they are all aware of your presence. And while their advance is slow, you figure it's only a matter of time before they make it to where you are.

[Encountered Cadaver x10]

100%

Monster Stats and Abilities Revealed
AGI (5)

100%


Running Away
Mice are so good are running, don't you think~? But you know, it is basic instinct to run away from that which oppresses you. Fear, trauma, the past, love, responsibility, it makes no difference. All that matters is that you get by, right~?

To run away from enemies, you simply have to have higher Agility than them.

Kill to Live
A macabre buffet~ A banquet of carnage~ A waltz of savagery~ Fighting... it's such a simplistically beautiful thing. It just goes to show you how the world's most trivial of delicacies and bear such profound complexities. Though I suppose you truly have to experience it...

To fight, first insure that your Agility is higher than your target's Evasion. If it is, you hit and the difference between your attacking stat and their defensive stat is taken off of the opponent's HP. Of course, there are several ways to overcome this system; however, we will leave those for a later time.

As you are unaware of an enemy's stats at first, you will have to rely on the GM to perform calculations. However, as stats become readily available, feel free to do them yourselves.

100%

Hospital Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

As you enter the large room at the end of the hallway, you find yet another glimmer of hope: an elevator. The doors are already open and welcome all who wish to enter; however, the blood trail which you have followed also leads directly into the transport. Oddly enough though, the trail ends exactly at the edge of the shaft. There is no sign of what may have left so much blood nor is there any sign of if the trail continues. Only your group and the well-lit elevator occupy the room.

While everyone examines the scene, Maiko can't help but feel like she's being watched. With the heavy presence bearing on her back, she quickly looks back down the way they came and notices that both doors in the hallway are now open. The one on the right slowly widens as if it was just pushed open... and the one on the left slowly closes as if drawn by the shadows.

Realizing how their fellow club member was looking away so intently, it doesn't take the others long to notice this as well. It was clear now that something was down there with them. The only question now was whether they should deal with it or quickly make their way to the upper floors.

I3uster
April 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Hospita Building
Time Unkown (Evening)

This was not good. This was not good at all.
Maiko started gripping tighter and tighter on the iron pole with both of her hands while checking the surroundings as the group slowly advanced towards the elevator.
There is something wrong here.
She could feel the blood rushing to her head and feel the rythmic pumping of her heart, now going at an accelerated rate. Was it a panic attack due to the stress?
Maybe I should lay down, and take a few deep breaths...
The blood on the floor made her forget about this plan of action pretty quickly. Also, she did not want to hold up the group, who were probably facing the same issues she did right now.
Are they? They are dealing with this pretty well...

I am the only weakling here.

For some reason she felt her neck hair rising. Maybe she started hallucinating because of her panic, but still, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched.
So she turned around.
Even with her slightly blurry vision she managed to notice one thing:
The door, which was closed tightly before was now open. And someone silently closed it again.

Maybe it was a doctor, a nurse or some other friendly human who wanted to ask them what they were doing.
But she had no intention of finding out what it was.As fast as she could, she dashed into the elevator and smashed the button for the ground floor with her closed fist.The only words she managed to shout while hyperventilating were "GET IN!"

MssrNeko
April 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Ethan Kane
School Building
Time Unknown

As their teacher left the room with Merry, Ethan decided to try and calm the panicking Shizuka. And his yelling had waken the other member, Odo Tougas, if Ethan could recall correctly. As much as he wanted to go with the duo, Ethan knew that Shizuka might do something reckless if left alone. Plus......

kssssssssssshhhhhhh~~~~~

A low hum of static sounded in the back of Ethan's head. The noise of impending danger; something that he had not felt since that day, years before. Stop! Don't think about that. he reprimands himself. Shaking his head, Ethan makes his way to the desperate Shizuka. In the corner of his eye he spots Fumi walking towards the sleeping Yumiko. I have to calm him down before he get us all kil----

CRAAAAAAASH!!!!!

A cacophony of noise erupts from the ceiling as something huge falls through. It lands with a loud THUD! and picks up a cloud of dust and debris.

And the static in Ethan's head goes berserk.

KSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~~~

Yelling in pain, Ethan grabs his head in a futile attempt to calm his mind. Nearly blinded by the noise, he finally sees the thing that fell from the ceiling.

"You've...got to be fucking me."

It was huge. A giant wolf-like monster straight out of some horror flick or cliche horror game. And it was standing right over....Oh no. TANAKA!!!

But it was too late. The monster reached down and bit down on the defenseless girl like she was a mere dog treat. With one sickening movement, it ate poor Tanaka Yumiko. And all Ethan could do was watch in horror. Done with its "snack", it turned to the rest of us and the closest was...

"SHIT!" Ethan exclaimed. "FUMI-SAN! GET BACK!!!" He grabbed the nearest object close by, a chair, and ran to support his fellow club member. It was too late for Yumiko....but Fumi-san, Shizuka-san, Tougas-san, and Haruka were still alive. He steels himself and stares straight at the monster ahead of them.

....But he can't move. All he feels is fear and it paralyzes him.

hero
April 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


"Great. An elevator."

With this their escape route was assured. The transport could take them to the first floor, and from there, it would be just a matter of time before they find the exit. Masahiro was no architect, but he guessed elevators should have been placed as close to the entrance as possible, this being an Hospital and all.

But there was one problem.

The blood trail. Fukuda didn't like how the trail led all the way to the elevator. The blood was there for a reason, and while he could not come up with a seemingly better path to follow, he was reluctant to step on the transport before making sure it was the safe way out. He turned around to see what the others had already seen.

Movement.

He doubted the wind would be responsible for it. There didn't seem to be any windows, after all. There was definitely someone or something out there with them, on the very same floor. As stupid as it sounded, his first thought was to go and check it out. He had always been pretty straight forward, and if he could get rid of a problem early, he would do it.

But Maiko's sudden rush interrupted his action before it had even started. Maybe by doing that, she had saved his life. He would never know.

"Hey, wait! Wha-"

What the hell was she thinking?

Well, Masahiro could not stop her now, so he hurried into the elevator, hoping the others would follow after him.

Like the cat did...

Sei
April 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Merry
School - Time Unknown
With that plan of action in mind, Merry headed to the janitor's closet on this floor first, if one could be seen from just outside of the classroom. Assuming that it wasn't locked, Merry would cautiously open it... and, if it was locked, Merry would leave it alone. No good would come out of making a big noise trying to kick the door down, after all.

Background Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6avlJIBjWs)
You found that the janitor's closet surprisingly wasn't that far away from the classroom. On the other hand, reaching it did take a fair bit of time. The hallway was far more hazardous and ominous than the relatively neat little room. Everything was in disrepair no matter where you looked. Floorboards were missing, paint was peeling off of the walls, and there were several small holes in the ceiling. Naturally, there was no light to illuminate the dark corridor; however, the filtered light coming in through the broken windows allowed you to see enough to avoid the glass on the floor and arrive at your destination.

Finally arriving at the end of the hallway, you find yourself positioned in front of the closet. When you reach out for the handle and turn it, you find that it isn't locked. But as you open it, the air is quickly saturated with a foul smell. Bracing yourself for the worst, you open the door completely and find the body of a young middle school girl dangling before you. The odor escaping from the closet is likely the smell of her rotting body coupled with her last bowel movements. It's hard to say how she ended up in this situation, but you deduce that it was relatively recent.

Looking past the girl for now, you check the contents of the closet for anything that would be of use. It's hard to search the small room without light, but you do manage to find a few things.

[Obtained a box of matches, a flashlight, and an aluminum bat]

Pleased with what you've found, you decide to head back towards the classroom. However, as you do, something thick and slimy spills onto your shoulder. Quickly realizing the only direction it could have come from was up, you look towards the ceiling and find a set of red eyes looking at you in the darkness. Whatever it is, it isn't moving, but there's no telling for how long...

Mereo Flere
April 13th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Merry
School - A Darkened Hallway

All in all, it was a decent find. Traversing through the hallway was more difficult than Merry had expected - but it had paid off in the end. While it didn't seem like much, finding some light sources and something that could actually be used as a weapon was good.

The middle school girl, however, was not as encouraging. It wasn't the first time Merry had seen a dead body, and it wasn't as though Merry hadn't been ready to see one. It's just...

It was a recent death. Too recent; the state of the classroom had given the impression that their group had been the first one to arrive here in a long time. From Haruka's legend, Merry had thought it would've at least been a few years...

But no.

Merry couldn't imagine a girl like this surviving for a significant amount of time if she was alone. And, if she hadn't been alone, it would've meant there was another mass disappearance. Neither was particularly good news. There was no time to dwell on it, however; not out here. The puzzle could be pieced together later.

Pocketing the matches, Merry grabbed the bat in one hand and kept a flashlight in the other. Turning back, Merry headed back towards the classroom - ready to show Tetsuro just what had been found. However, before even a few steps had been taken, something fell onto Merry - an unfamiliar slime that had oozed from the ceiling... and, when Merry looked to see where it had come from, a pair of red eyes looked back.

Even though Merry's heart skipped a beat, the teenager knew that it was dangerous to stay under it. Taking a few steps back, Merry spun around to keep facing in its direction - at the same time turning the flashlight on in hopes of figuring out what exactly it was.

Sei
April 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Merry
School - A Darkened Hallway
Even though Merry's heart skipped a beat, the teenager knew that it was dangerous to stay under it. Taking a few steps back, Merry spun around to keep facing in its direction - at the same time turning the flashlight on in hopes of figuring out what exactly it was.

With the light shining on it, the form of the creature is revealed. It a ghostly creature with boney limbs tightly wrapped in a thin black skin. It's humanoid in appearance, but it appears to have no muscles hidden beneath it's superficial covering. It's just skin and bone with glowing red eyes like marbles embedded in it's skull... And despite it's position being revealed, it doesn't move. It simply continues to watch your every move.

http://i41.tinypic.com/amf8cx.jpg
[Encountered Stalker]

Blackdeath6031
April 14th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown (Evening)


Hearing the growls as billows of smoke and dust flew everywhere, Shizuka covered his eyes, only to open them to see something very much alike to his vision.

"...No..." He mumbled, his voice clearly trembling as he staggered backward. "I...In the end, I couldn't prevent it...It didn't take Haruka-san, but it took Yumiko-san instead...No...no..."

Realising that he was starting to falter, Shizuka straightened himself, breathing deeply before opening his eyes, thinking as calmly as his shocked mind would allow him to.

....And in the end, only one other person helped. And it was futile.

Letting out a sigh, Shizuka groaned out in defeat.
"Thanks for at least trying to listen to me, Fumi-san."

Looking at the beast, Shizuka calmly tried to analyse the situation.
From a brief glance, its canine form caused Shizuka to think it was an Inugami, but it also possessed the ferocity one would only expect from an Ookami. Just....worse.
But Shizuka dismissed those ideas. It didn't matter if he was right or wrong. He lacked the countermeasures for either.

He crouched low, knowing it was a fact that he had to be ready for any movement made by anyone - or in this case, anything.
He can start thinking when he's moving, taking advantage of the residual movements of such a feral beast...But the problem is whether he can dodge it.
He doubted that. After seeing how quick it slammed Yumiko-chan down and then ate her, Shizuka doubted his speed. But he had little choice in the matter.

The only redeeming point here was that he wasn't alone.

Now he only had to hope that nothing else bad appeared. But the return of those visions irked him. Those, and the vo-...

Now then, might it be an ethereal or corporeal form, I wonder...?
Good luck killing it like you killed otou-san and okaa-san, Shizuka.

Mereo Flere
April 14th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Merry
School - Janitor's Closet


You couldn't even call it a corpse. It was more like a black skeleton - one that happened to be clinging to the ceiling, watching. It didn't look friendly, but then again it was hard to make skulls with glowing red eyes appear anything less than horrifying. So far, though, it had yet to do anything aside from drool on Merry. If it had wanted to attack, it could have done so at any time before Merry was aware of its existence. If it was hostile, Merry didn't know the reason for it to wait until after it was aware.

Maybe it was curious. Maybe it wanted its prey to see its face before attacking. The possibility that it was simply a sadistic predator couldn't be discarded. If it wanted to, though, Merry was sure it could make itself dangerous. Attacking seemed like a good idea. Safer than letting it strike first, at least. The problem was, however, Merry wouldn't be able to deliver a strong blow. Keeping one hand on the flashlight, Merry wouldn't be able to swing the bat properly in the other hand.

That left only one option.

"Tetsuro," Merry said, speaking up for the first time since before the ritual. "Catch."

With only that quick warning, Merry tossed the bat to their teacher as he entered the room. It would be simple for their teacher to figure out what to do from there.

Bloble
April 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Janitor's Closet

Tetsuro took slow steps into the Janitor's closet as Merry entered. Thankfully, during their short trek through the school's halls there had been no attacks of any kind by creatures and monsters. The nervous teacher breathed a sigh of relief and released the tension that had been building up inside him.

And then it returned full force as Merry moved, revealing the body of an obviously dead schoolgirl hanging from the ceiling.

"That's..." He shuddered in place as he saw the motionless corpse. Who had that been? How had this happened? Had this girl tried to escape as well? Was she abandoned, all alone in the nightmarish school? Alone, except for the creatures lurking in the darkness, waiting to slaughter her? Had she given up hope then, and decided to end her life?

Had it been painful?

Did her parents know what happened to their daughter?

The teacher averted his eyes, unwilling to look any longer at the dead girl. Any more, and it would start bringing back painful memories. He knew he should search the body, but couldn't bring himself to step even an inch closer to the dead body. Instead, he just waited as Merry searched the room, as fearless as ever.

Only a short while later he was forced to look up.


"Tetsuro," "Catch."

Tetsuro glanced up, surprised to hear Merrry's voice, and several things happened in a very short period of time.

First, he saw Merry, with a drop of something thick and slimy covering the youth's shoulder.

Second, Merry tossed him an old baseball bat, pilfered from the room.

Third, as Tetsuro looked up to catch the bat, he saw two glowing red eyes, attached to an inhuman rotting yet still living corpse, staring not at him, but at his student.

"Oh no you don't!"

He didn't even have to think. Tetsuro could instantly tell that this was an enemy that had to be stopped!

Tetsuro grabbed the bat out of the air liked a practised catcher. Instantly his second hand went below the first as he shifted his grip, moving from an ordinary hold to a kendo grip. It was no longer an instrument of sport in the teacher's hands, but a weapon of war, created to kill.

He leapt upwards and swung towards the creature instantaneously, linking his movements and using the force of his feet to push him up. His bat- no, his sword moved upwards as well, aimed directly towards the creature's eyes.

Optimus
April 17th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Mark Walker
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Mark hopped along with everyone else, wondering what the hell was going on. The blood trail, along with this being the only path... Suggested that whatever had opened the door perhaps had expected that they'd enter the elevator. He readied his "weapon" praying that the Reinforcement had worked, or else he was as badly screwed as everyone else.

Satehi
April 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Staring at the place Maiko was looking, he saw the movement of the doors. His curiosity as to what was making the doors move would’ve normally had him going over there to check it out, but-

“What are you doing!?”

With so few members in their group, they couldn’t afford to split up, not in this creepy hospital. So he hopped into the elevator as well, even if he didn’t like it. He’d wanted to stay on the floor and check it out, but with Maiko’s (in his opinion) hasty decision, there was no choice.

Airen
April 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Akira Kurogane
Park
Unknown Time (Evening)

The beings that emerged from the fog were like something out of a nightmare, dull grey skin pulled over a mostly featureless body, the only truly distinguishing feature they possessed being the razor-like teeth that filled the gaping form of their jaws. I had been expecting some sort of abomination to show itself out here in the fog, but now that I had actually seen what they looked like, a cold, numbing feeling of fear shot up my spine, although I quickly brought my distraught expression back down to the usual seriousness I possessed, not wanting to scream in case it incited the creatures to charge...

No, a second glance at them, at the slow manner in which they moved towards my group, indicated that they were most likely incapable of moving any faster than they already were, at best, they could perhaps reach a normal walking pace if they tried hard enough.

It wasn't something she could prove at the moment, but merely an opinion gained from a moment of observation.

Staying here was basically out of the question, but even if they moved to head into the house, what would that actually accomplish?

Even assuming they were able to find something to barricade the doors with, she had a feeling that the creatures would simply follow them to the building, and wait for them to come out, which, if there was no food or water inside, was something that they would eventually have to do. Of course, they could probably find weapons inside a building, which means that they could fight their way out if it became necessary...

Of course, this assumption was based upon a guess that there were no monsters inside the building in question, if there were, then running to the house would present more problems than it would solve. Since monsters seemed to exist in this place, it was definitely a bad idea to put yourself in a place in which evasion is more difficult, such as the closed spaces of a building.

...There were far too many variables in place for me to make a good plan for this situation, but no one besides Rolanda seemed to be moving, so I guess it was up to me to make the call.

"Alright everyone," my voice wasn't shaking, good, "We can't stay here. Head towards the building, I'll bring up the rear."

I really didn't like having to use this, as it went against my opinion that supernatural things didn't really exist, but-

I had been transported through some occult ritual to a world that had monsters in it, this was clearly the sort of evidence that even the most logical of thinkers could not deny.

I took a step back, hands coming out of my pockets as I focused on the closest creature, trying hard not to think about how painful a bite from those things would be, and how much it would suck if they could move faster than I thought they could.

Image it-

Just like I had done as a child, visualizing myself striking a target, in this case, one of the cadavers with an imaginary bullet, the kind of mental exercise one uses to improve their aim in a shooting range. It would probably be a pointless exercise for most people in this sort of situation, but as much as I wished it wasn't the case, I wasn't exactly the most normal person in this school...

A brief feeling of pressure assaulted my senses, but even as it faded, an invisible force not unlike that of a bullet shot towards the closest of the creatures, the only visible sign that I had done anything at all was a small movement of my head, but I didn't want to drag unnecessary attention to myself if I could help it. Whatever this power was, be it ESP, or something just as unusual, it wasn't something that I particularly enjoyed possessing in my daily life.

But in a place full of monsters, it made me feel much better about my chances of survival, a weapon that I would never be without, something I could use to protect my club-mates if all else failed...

But first, I had to test it to make sure I could rely on it...

After all, it wasn't like I practiced anything other than suppressing it, I hadn't ever wanted to even admit that it was something I possessed.

It was so... Illogical...

But if I could protect people with it, then I suppose it was worth being a little weird.

Hitting them with this was the safest way for me to gain more information about the creatures, if the results weren't good, then I would retreat without regret alongside my club-mates.

...God I really wish I had an actual gun right now, relying on something I didn't even want to believe in wasn't nearly as comforting as the cold feel of metal would be in my palm. I was trained to use guns, I grew up around people who used guns, and if there was one thing that could kill a monster, it was probably going to be some form of gun.

...I really hoped this worked, but retreating would probably end up being the smartest option.

Sei
April 17th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Janitor's Closet

He leapt upwards and swung towards the creature instantaneously, linking his movements and using the force of his feet to push him up. His bat- no, his sword moved upwards as well, aimed directly towards the creature's eyes.

The sound of solid wood smashing into bone cracks throw the air as your bat hits the creature square in the side of the head. Despite your brief exchange of words, the creature remained unaware of your presence up until the point of impact, allow for you to hit with full power. The devastating attack shocks the monster and causes it to let out a cross between a pained sigh and a ghost-like scream. It's leathery limbs detach from the ceiling and the creature plummets to the ground, landing in a jumbled manner as if truly nothing but a bag of bones.

Recovering from you jump, you stand over your fallen target with a feeling of triumph. The creature does not move and the bloody light has faded from its eyes. The bat you wield in your hand carries the weight of a proud knight's sword.

Battle Calculation
Kendo- Advanced: Strength and Defense +1 when wielding a sword-like weapon.
Tetsuro's Speed
-15 (Tetsuro's AGI) > 3 (Stalker's EVA)
Tetsuro's Attack
-26 (Tetsuro's Strength) - 5 (Stalker's Defense) = 21 damage
--Sneak Attack: 21 x 1.5 = 31.5 damageStalker takes 31.5 damage.

This feeling however is short live as the leathery bag before you rises and rearranges it's contents with grotesque and unnatural speed. Now positioned before you, it's eyes flare a crimson red so bright it threatens to flood the room with rage. The black monster lets out a low, grunting sigh as it leers at you, its attacker, before it bends over backwards and lets out a heart stopping shriek. It's enraged. And you know it's coming for you.

Without warning, the creature lunges forward and swings its lanky arm at like a three-section staff. The attack takes you off guard, the heavy club-like impact hits you square in the chest, and you go flying back into the hallway.

Battle Calculation
Enrage: When the Stalker is attacked by someone other than the one who has drawn it's focus, the Stalker becomes enraged. STR and AGI increased by 15 but DEF and EVA are reduced to 0. The Stalker will continue to attack whoever attacked it until one of them dies.

Stalker's Speed
-25 (Stalker's AGI) > 12 (Tetsuro's EVA)
Stalker's Attack
-25 (Stalker's ATK) - 14 (Tetsuro's DEF) = 6 damageSakaki Tetsuro: 250 HP - 11 damage = 239

100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
ATK (10), DEF(5), AGI (10), EVA (3)
Enrage: When the Stalker is attacked by someone other than the one who has drawn it's focus, the Stalker becomes enraged. STR and AGI increased by 15 but DEF and EVA are reduced to 0. The Stalker will continue to attack whoever attacked it until one of them dies.

100%


Park
Unknown Time (Evening)

But in a place full of monsters, it made me feel much better about my chances of survival, a weapon that I would never be without, something I could use to protect my club-mates if all else failed...

Mind Bullets:
[Special Magical Attack. Deals normal magical damage to a target. As the attack is invisible, target’s Evasion is reduced by 10 (Projectile’s Speed = 20). Has a chance of stunning certain enemies for 1 turn. Deals double damage against targets currently not engaged in combat. Cost 5 MP]

The dense "bullet" cuts through the air with incredible speed and hits the nearest Cadaver right in it's chest. The force of the invisible round is significant enough to lift the creature off of it's feet and send it falling onto its back.

Battle Calculation
Akira's Speed
20 (Projectile's Speed) > 0 (Cadaver's EVA)
Akira's Attack
[14 x 2] (Akira's MAG) - 0 (Cadaver's M.DEF) = 28 damageCadaver takes 28 damage.

Luck Check
Coin Flip for Mind Bullet's stun effect.
Coin Flip comes up heads.
Stun effect activated.
The creature does not move and the other creatures suddenly stop as well. The creature you knocked down has apparently been stunned by your attack and the other monsters appear to have reacted to the sound of its landing. Without warning, the other creatures suddenly pick up speed and encircle the fallen monster. They quickly kneel down and savagely begin to tear at there kin's flesh, ripping it apart in the most cannibalistic of manners. As they do so, they feast upon what scraps of flesh and bone they don't toss to the side and become fully involved in their meal. The alien sounds of joy they give off in the process makes your skin crawl.

The remaining Cadavers have eaten the fallen Cadaver.

100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
HP (40), M.DEF (0), EVA (3)
Coordinate: Cadavers act as a unit and will focus on one target at a time.

100%

Mereo Flere
April 17th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Merry
School - Janitor's Closet

Merry was already moving by the time Tetsuro had grabbed the bat. Just like Merry had predicted, Tetsuro attacked the creature, striking first before it could attack. However - just like another one of Merry's predictions, it didn't go down in that single hit. These were creatures that could withstand bullets, after all.

No. Instead, it seemed to only make it angry. In a single blow, it had managed to send Tetsuro flying back; whatever it was, it certainly seemed to fit the description of being able to rip someone in half. Merry knew that attacking it would only draw its attention - and while Merry was confident about being able to take a hit, nobody could be sure how many it would get in before it was taken down.

Still, it had its back turned to Merry. There was no better opportunity to attack than now. Charging as fast as possible, given the small amount of room for acceleration, Merry did a full body tackle against the creature - hoping to bring it down. Merry couldn't be sure how much damage it would take from that - but that wasn't the point. The only important thing was bringing it down.

Then, in the moment that their bodies hit the floor, Merry would call upon the power within.

“Attachment” – Merry has a special ability – the power to attach or reattach things together. With reattachment specifically, it's as though they were never cut in the first place.
[Allows for Attachment ability to be used. Cost 3 MP per attachment.]

Connecting the stalker to the floor - Merry intended on not letting it get up again while it was still alive. It was a simple plan - as long as it couldn't move, Tetsuro would be able to beat down on it. Assuming, of course, it would work.

So many things could go wrong. Maybe it wouldn't go down - maybe Merry's power wasn't strong enough. But, in the end, trying was still better than leaving the fight completely to Tetsuro.

Sei
April 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Merry
School - Janitor's Closet

Connecting the stalker to the floor - Merry intended on not letting it get up again while it was still alive. It was a simple plan - as long as it couldn't move, Tetsuro would be able to beat down on it. Assuming, of course, it would work.

So many things could go wrong. Maybe it wouldn't go down - maybe Merry's power wasn't strong enough. But, in the end, trying was still better than leaving the fight completely to Tetsuro.

Luck Check
Dice Roll for complete immobilization of Stalker.
15 or more needed for success.
-Sneak Attack. 10 or more needed for success.
17 is rolled.
Complete immobilization successful.
The creature doesn't see you coming and as such you're able to easily knock it down despite it's strength. The monster flails violently beneath you and threatens to throw you off, but you're magecraft works quickly. The violent beast wails in pain as its skin and body is grafted to the wooden floor with little resistance, ending with the two becoming one. Once the painful process is complete, the black creature lies still and its limb become still. The light fades from its eyes once again; however, this time you're sure it'll stay that way.

Battle Calculation
Merry's Speed
17 (Merry's AGI) > *Immobilized* (Stalker's EVA)
Merry's Attack
17 (Merry's MAG) - 3 (Stalker's M.DEF) = 14 damageStalker takes 14 damage.
The Stalker is dead.

100%

Hospital Group
Time Unknown (Evening)

The doors begin to shut just as the last person enters the elevator, but they do so slowly. Whether it's due to age or disrepair, the doors appear to have difficulty shutting all the way and operate almost as if stuttering.

Seemingly watching this, the door at the center of the hallway slowly cracks open as if something was peeking outside. In response to this, the cat Maiko picked up earlier goes into a frenzy and hisses at the unseen being. He struggles in Maiko's arms and quickly manages to work itself free by scratching the girl's forearm. Though you try to stop it from escaping, the cat dashes out of the elevator through the narrow crack between the doors and rushes down the hallway. The last thing you see from within the elevator is the door in the hallway flying open and something akin to a spear shooting out at the cat. You hear it's pained cries and all falls back to silence.

The elevator moves upwards with less trouble than the doors had. However, you soon notice that you are going too far up. Despite the fact that Maiko pressed the button for the ground floor, the elevator appears to be going all the way to the eight. You each try your hand at pressing the emergency stop button; however, it proves useless.

The elevator stops on the eight floor and doors open cleanly. The power to the elevator cuts off soon after and the light in the small, new room begins to flicker on and off. There isn't much to be seen in this room as it's only large enough to accommodate a few people. There's a window to your right revealing a foggy landscape and a closed door not too far to your left. As it seems the elevator is no longer working, you figure that's the direction you're supposed to go...

Hospital- 8th Floor Map
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/ToxicTeddy9/Onigokko_hospital_8thfloor.jpg

Mereo Flere
April 18th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Merry
School - Out in the Hallway

The skeleton thing had stopped moving. The light in those creepy red eyes had faded, and Merry believed there was a good chance that it was dead. Just in case it was pretending, though, Merry stomped on its head after standing up - just to make sure that it wasn't going to pick itself up off the floor as well. Satisfied when there was no response, Merry pulled out the smartphone again and snapped a quick picture, shining the flashlight on it to get some halfway decent lighting. Then, after a moment of thought, Merry sent the image to Rolanda with a small note, figuring every little bit of information could help. Merry hated the thought that there might be more of them out there, but it wasn't worth the risk of assuming they wouldn't be.

Afterwards, Merry looked at Tetsuro, figuring that it would be better to stay by his side rather than run off again. Even though they had a weapon now, there was no guarantee that the next monster that stalked them wouldn't attack first. To be honest, Merry half expected a lecture from the teacher - knowing that the man wouldn't approve of one of his students putting themselves in danger.

Still...

Even if it hadn't succeeded, it would still have been better than just standing back and letting him do all the fighting.

XXX

Image of Stalker immobilized on the floor sent to Rolanda, with accompanying text: "We found a monster on the ceiling."

Bloble
April 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Hallway

"Ugh..." Tetsuro stumbled to his feet, leaning on his bat for a moment before managing to stand under his own power. He rubbed the spot where the monster had struck him, and although it smarted a bit, he'd had worse before. He could easily walk this one off. But... "That thing was too strong for a corpse." He groaned. And suddenly, his eyes widened.

"Merry!" He looked up at where the monster should have been, and found instead a bag of bones collapsed limp on the floor. Merry stood next to it, unharmed, and calmly crushed the dead creature's head with one foot. "That... that was a dangerous thing to do." He said weakly, without any conviction. Even Tetsuro knew better than to argue against Merry, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try. "And that thing... well, there goes any tiny chance of this being some kind of cruel joke."

He straightened fully, and looked over his student. Unharmed, as usual. At least he'd done one thing right. "Thank you for the help." He said. "But please, let me handle the next one, okay? It's an adult's job to take all the hits for the young people." He rubbed the spot where he'd been struck. While it didn't impair his movements, he still felt the sting from the Stalker's impossible strength.

"Merry, you've got everything from the closet, right? We should hurry back to the class now. Mr.Shizuka was panicking when we left, and I might need to calm him down." Tetsuro rearranged the priorities in his head. Scouting would come later. For now, he needed to make sure nothing bad had happened during his absence from the classroom. An image of Justin being sliced in half rushed through his head, and he suppressed a shudder. He wouldn't let such a thing happen again!

He took one step forward, and paused.

"Um... I hate to say this, but I wasn't actually paying much attention to the route we were following." Tetsuro admitted, smiling sheepishly. "Could you perhaps lead the way back, Merry?"

hero
April 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


Well, damn.

Not even Masahiro had words to explain what had happened to Jungo, or why had the elevator taken them to the eight floor when Maiko had pushed the ground floor button. And if he was somewhat confused, he couldn't begin to imagine how his friends were feeling after what they had been through. Fukuda figured that it was best not to stop and think about something that might not have a logical explanation, and instead force his group to move foward. Hopefully that would keep them focused and alive.

"... If the elevator won't take us down, let's take the stairs."

Where were the stairs, though? That was a good question. He opened the door that led to a hall, and walked through it, his classmates behind him. Using his head, he imagined the location where the stairs should be and walked up to that point. Instead he found the door that led to the storage room. At first he had thought taking the shortest road to the exit was the way to go but, after confirming the presence of an unknown hostile and been sent directly to the eight floor, he was beginning to have second thoughts. He honestly didn't feel safe with a metal stick.

"Maybe we should make a stop here. If we want a more reliable weapon, this might be the place."

He pushed the door open, with the clear intention of entering the storage room.

Mereo Flere
April 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Merry
School - Hallway

Merry gave one last glance to the closet before giving Tetsuro a nod, sure that there wasn't anything else that could be grabbed. Perhaps the rope could have been useful... but Merry wasn't exactly eager to removing it from that young girl's neck. Besides - after seeing a monster in person, there was no guarantee that the panicked scream had merely been the others going nuts.

Of course, if that was the case, it seemed strange that it had gone quiet almost immediately after wards. Merry had assumed that that the others had managed to calm that person down, but...

No, it was probably nothing. Despite the message left behind in the storage closet in the room, the chalkboard messages indicated that people had stayed safely there for over a week. Surely they had more time to get their bearings in there, right?

Still, Merry decided not to waste any time heading back to the classroom. With flashlight in hand, Merry walked through the hallway, counting the doors that passed by to remember where they had come from. With that method, even if Merry was one or two off, Merry believed it would be relatively easy to find the room again, even with all of the doors closed.

Helias
April 19th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Odo Tougas
School Building
Time Unknown

I watch in pure horror as some weird demonic animal wolf monster thing bursts through the ceiling and attacks some person I've never seen before, slamming her head off the floor and swiftly devouring her. What kind of horror story did that fucker come out of? Who cares? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that it killed someone. And it's going to kill someone else next.

But not if I can stop it. Not if I can kill it first. If I kill it first, it can't kill anyone else. Simple 1st grade logic. All that matters...

There is still the problem of the person I'm holding. With only a moment's thought, I quickly toss the person I am carrying to the side, away from the wolf monster thing. Immediately after, I look to my side, and pick up a chair. Pretty light, probably pretty weak, but it's good enough for a weapon.

...is that that freak dies.

Yes, that's all that matters. Death. Life is short and filled with horrors, and death is an exit, an escape from the madness. But not all see this. Many are afraid of the exit, they don't know what lies beyond the doorway. I don't kill, I simply open the door and urge people onward. But this monster is an exception. It kills because it must. Killing is a horrible thing. Only the truly evil should be killed. None should have to be devoured by a monster such as this.

It must die so that these people may live. It must die so that I may live. It must DIE so no more will be devoured. It must DIE so that IT WILL DIE.

I roar at the beast, and charge towards it, swinging the chair as I go, in hopes that I manage to hit and kill it.

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

Optimus
April 19th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Mark Walker
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

-"Allright, Masahiro. Everyone, watch out for the roof, floor, and sides. If anyone sees or hears anything even slightly strange, report so inmediately. Ensuring a escape route is vital, so don't forget keep an eye for the door too."

Mark Walker's head started to think about all the possibilities. Although he wasn't exactly experienced in combat, one of the first lessons that person had taught him is that against the supernatural, you can only be properly paranoid. You are either careful or a corpse. A breathing, walking, beating corpse, but it's only a matter of time that it ceases vital functions. Following behind Masahiro, he tried to keep an eye open on Masahiro's back, as well as making sure in case something were to happe, perhaps he could reach the door on time and prevent it from closing.

... That was what he wanted to think. He wasn't sure if he would try to take the blows for them, or just trample over someone and use them as fodder to distract a potential horror. Unsure of what he would do, he simply kept on listening and looking.

RacingeR
April 19th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building
Time Unknown

Ahh, what a pain, thought Crimson. It seemed that she would not have the luxury to remain an observer this time around.

This monster was rather big, and it was way too near for her comfort. Thankfully, while it devoured the poor schoolgirl that had the bad luck of being the monster's first target, she had some time to jump away from its immediate range of action. Goodbye, boring sleeper-san, we hardly knew ye.

Well now, this monster. Very strong and vicious attack. Aki herself could probably take only four of those before going down, if the first one didn't already deliver a crippling blow. It was also fast, not faster than her, but enough for its jaws to be unavoidable. It was a really bad situation, and a really bad enemy to fight if she wanted to conserve strength for later. As her mind calmly processed the data, Crimson eyed the window, the hole at the ceiling and the wall. She could see many ways to escape herself, but...

She couldn't have asked for entertainment of a finer quality. The expressions they had made, their reactions to the classmate's gruesome fate... it was delicious. It was worth protecting them just for this alone. After all, without people, this oh so amusing show wouldn't continue.

So Crimson needed to get rid of this monster somehow. The logical thing would be to count with others help, but they had not proven to be very competent on the first place. She had no idea if there were magi between them, or another freak of nature like her. As far as she knew, they were all normal humans. So planning counting on these variables was useless, specially taking in account that one had just roared like some kind of wild animal and charged like crazy into the super strong monster wielding a chair. Actually, that gave her an idea.

Her hands quickly reached for one of the desks thrown around, and she aimed it at the monster. The most worrisome thing of this creature was its speed, and the desk was not intended to be a shield, but rather an obstacle, an impediment for the monster. The time it needed to get past the desk could maybe give Aki the edge needed to dodge its charge or its attacks. That said, the desk would probably just take one hit before breaking. There were more around, but if the fight kept going, she would run out of shields.

‘Damnit, Haruka, you sure make for a good entertainer. Is this my birthday or something? This is the best gift I have been given in my life.’

A smile appeared on Crimson’s lips, a disturbing warning of the presence that suddenly hit the air around her, making it feel heavier just be she being there. Before anyone could start to understand the sudden monstrous presence, or even notice what was happening, she attacked.

The most worrisome characteristic of this attacker was its speed. So, aiming to cripple it and reducing his velocity was the best plan that Aki could think at this moment. Following this logic...

Her presence warped, a sensation that anyone within the room would undoubtedly perceive, and then, something ‘materialized’ from thin air, just behind the beast. It was a blade of cutting air, that came from an unthinkable angle and an unthinkable place, aimed at the hind legs of the great beast.

Blackdeath6031
April 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown (Evening)

Seeing the man grab the chair, Shizuka started to feel uneasy, but was not certain of Oda's intentions. Until he charged screaming.

"Y-You idiot, Tougas, sto--"

Then, somehow, he felt weird. His train of thought faded, he didn't know what he was doing any more. Then nausea struck. Unable to keep himself steady, his head rocked back and forth, finally resting his left half of the face on his left hand. His breathing rapidly became erratic as he looked forward, as though his body wasn't sure whether to hyperventilate or to attempt deep breaths whilst freezing, unsure if the cause was the beast. But the moment he did, he knew it wasn't the beast, but the girl he had sought help from a few minutes ago.

Aki Fumi. The only person who listened to him. But he recognised this feeling. Ever sincethat happened. And ever since that, he associated that feeling with danger. Nostalgic danger bells rang through his head as the familiar voice echoed through his head.

Yes. She is dangerous. Its kill or be killed, Shizuka. She is distracted now, so kill her. killherkillherkillherkillher and revel in the sight of her death...!

Biting his lip, Shizuka fought the thoughts in his head as he started to move. Leaving himself to be caught up in such hysterics would only lead to his death. Not just his death, indeed, but everyone else's too.
Assuming the blade of air worked well, the wolf should end in a sitting position. But if not, it'll counter attack in some way. So the best possible action here, especially with all these desks and chairs in the area, is to make use of them somehow. But throwing a piece of furniture may risk obstructing the way of Fumi-san's own throw. Attacking in close range may be suicidal, especially if that attack worked.

No, he shouldn't think about the offensive here. Especially when Haruka-buchou is in his hands. Dragging himself further back, he decided to make ensuring her safety his priority. Being the only one else unconscious - the other now dead - it'd not be good if she's killed without any chance to defend herself...

SeiKeo
April 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Evgenia Ivanov

I walked up to Akira, putting a hand on his shoulder. "If you can keep with what you just did, t'would be great. Sorry to say, though, I doubt that." Turning away, I start at a light jog, towards the house. "Frying pan or fire, people."

Verg Avesta
April 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rolanda A. Knox
Misty Park – Time unknown (Evening)

Rolanda looked at Ivanov who was running past her as she returned to the group, and raised her eyebrows with sadistic light. With an almost off-hand move, she sweeped at Ivanov's legs with her ebony cane, apparently attempting to trip Ivanov. Without even looking back or caring if it had worked or not, she continued walking, with her cane hitting the soft ground rhythmically. As she arrived to the scene of the desperate battle, she looked over at the creatures that had appeared out of the water with disinterest.

"Pathetic. Whaaaat's with these third-rate horror monsters that wouldn't even be fit for Black Lagoon? *cackle*cackle*cackle*", Rolanda asked with a sneering voice, as she watched in delight how the monsters devoured their own brethren. "Could it get any cornier than thiiiiiiis, ahahaha~?"

"So they devour their fallen comrade? Just wound most of them and watch them tear each others to shreeeds~, that'll be a blast *cackle*" Rolanda laughed. "Oh wait. In scenarios like these, they most likely get stronger as they eat. That's what clichés would dictate, at least."

At that moment, Rolanda took out the cigarette in her mouth, puffed the last smokes out of it, and held it between her fingers. A drip of red liquid could be seen on the white paper of the cigarette, clearly having not been there before. It was blood, from Rolanda's mouth. Giving a condescending smile, Rolanda aimed the cigarette towards the group of monsters.

"Oh yeah. Watch your ears and eyes, would you?" she said mockingly to the rest of the group.

And with that, she threw her cigarette. Immediately, she closed her eyes and plugged her ears, anticipating something. Withing only few seconds, a screeching explosion and a blinding light shook the air of the park. It was enough to completely stun anyone who had not prepared for it. Rolanda smiled deviously. She guessed that the creatures were most likely blind due to their shuffling and general body language, but that did not mean the sound would not harm then. On the contrary; missing one sense usually meant that other sense were heightened, which would have made them even more suspectible to the sound.

Trusting that the monsters had been stunned, Rolanda charged forward with great speed for a normal high schooler like her, brought her cane forward like a true weapon, and circled around one monster so she arrived from behind it. Aiming at the the spot between the head and the neck, where usually a very soft spot of most humanoid creatures lied, Rolanda performed a masterful strike, exhibiting that this was not the first time she was utilizing a cane as a thrusting weapon.

No, it looked like a true martial art, rather than desperation.

I3uster
April 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Hospita Building
Time Unkown (Evening)

"W-what was that t-thing?"
Maiko's shocked state did not get any better thanks to this further setback. But at the moment she was more happy to be alive.
Of course it was sad that Jungo died, but Maiko still could find hope in the fact that she probably saved Masahiro...and of course the rest of the group from what appeared to be certain death.
Maybe it was an unusually cold way of thinking for her, but as the elevator door closed and she catched a last glimpse of the cat, she knew that the percieved threat that made her lose control was very real, and that her intuiton had saved them all, Jungo just reaffirming what she thought.
Still...the elevator going up was a bad sign. After all that thing was certainly not the only one of its kind, and while it was certainly a good decision to carry these sticks with them Maiko just new that these flimsy sticks would probably accomplish nothing against whatever kind of creature was at work here.
As the elevator doors opened, Masahiro tried to take the intiative, and Maiko silently followed him into the storage room.

Sei
April 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Rolanda A. Knox
Misty Park – Time unknown (Evening)

Trusting that the monsters had been stunned, Rolanda charged forward with great speed for a normal high schooler like her, brought her cane forward like a true weapon, and circled around one monster so she arrived from behind it. Aiming at the the spot between the head and the neck, where usually a very soft spot of most humanoid creatures lied, Rolanda performed a masterful strike, exhibiting that this was not the first time she was utilizing a cane as a thrusting weapon.

No, it looked like a true martial art, rather than desperation.

Lucky Bastard Cigarettes
[Deals a set 5 damage to target(s) regardless of defense. Stuns targets for 1 turn, keeping them from taking action.]

Precision Check
Dice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Dice rolls 6.
Precision failed.
Your position is perfect. Your abilities outmatch your target's. Your attack is set to end your opponent in one move. Your weapon of choice pierces the air with ease and goes through the enemy's throat even easier than expected. The spongy flesh of the creature is split from a point and the wound is widened by the thrust. The target in question seemed to spasm at the last moment, causing a slight misstep in your assault; however, it was of little consequence. Due to your strategy, the monster was as good as done.

Battle Calculation
Rolanda's Speed
-16 (Rolanda's AGI) > 3 (Cadaver's EVA)
Rolanda's Attack
-16 (Rolanda's STR) - 3 (Cadaver's DEF) = 13 DamageCadaver takes 13 damage.
Cadaver 2: 40 HP - 5 damage - 13 damage = 22 HP

You notice that something is off though. Despite having its ears blown out and its neck impaled, the creature before you seems unfazed. In fact, it seems perfectly fine.

Upon noticing this, you motion to draw back and reset your position, but it's too late. In an instant, the grey monster's head snaps an unnatural 180 degrees to face you and its body below its neck soon follows. The creature's hand shoots out and grabs your retreating wrist, pulling you towards itself while pushing itself down along your spear. Before you know it, the monster wraps its free arm around you with an incredible amount of strength and seizes control of your upper body. With a blood-chilling shriek, it raises its head for a brief second before biting down between your neck and your collarbone with the row of daggers jetting out of its face.

As if on cue, the remaining monsters run up with a speed dwarfing what they displayed before. Each one dives for a different section of your body and sinks its teeth into the selected portion. It is during this horrific moment that you realize the reason for their semi-oblivious nature before. Not only were these creatures blind, they were also deaf. They are primal creatures which locate their prey through smell, vibrations, and possibly taste alone. And furthermore, in order to lure in their next unsuspecting meal, they conceal the full range of their movements, saving their energy to finish their target in an instant.

Battle Calculation
Cadaver's Speed
-20 (Cadaver's AGI) > 17 (Rolanda's EVA)
Cadaver's Attack
-20 (Cadaver's STR) - 10 (Rolanda's DEF) = 10 Damage
--[Coordinate] 10 x 9 = 90 DamageRolanda Knox: 110 HP - 90 damage = 20 HP

100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
HP (40), STR (5), DEF (3), M.DEF (0), AGI (5), EVA (3)

Faux
Because of their poor stamina and abilities, Cadavers favor deception in their hunting. When the Cadaver is certain that their target is within a favorable range, they will utilize the full range of their abilities in order to finish the prey quickly. All stats plus 15 when fighting at close-range for 1 turn. Stats return to normal the following turn and cannot be increased again for another 5 turns.

Exclusion of Three Evils
Cadavers are incapable of seeing, hearing, or speaking. They are purely primal creatures which operate only on there three remaining senses. But as a side effect, Cadavers cannot be blinded, silenced, confused, or stunned by any ability which affects sight and hearing.

Coordinate
Cadavers act as a unit and will focus on one target at a time.

All of the Cadaver's special abilities have been revealed.

Mellon
April 21st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Troph
Misty Park – Time unknown (Evening)

"Bullets of made out of mental energy and horrible monstrosities! Yoshaa... considering that we have superpowers, this is definitely leaning towards shonen, rather then survival horror."

Though instead of taking the more sensible solution and running away (it couldn't hurt to be absolutely sure) it seemed that their seemingly illustrious leader was more willing to engage in petty malice and senseless violence. Well, she did have that sadistic streak going on, didn't she? She seemed to be the type to pull wings off flies and other sort of things like that, acts of small, petty cruelty, which are usually used in movies make the killing of the villain somehow justified.

And not to mention that smoking. The only women who smoke in television are the ones they put in warning adds. Smoking for women is a bad sign in almost any medium! Finishing her smoke, a blood could be seen on the cigarette paper. Most likely she had bit her cheek or, if she was feeling particularly masochistic, her tongue. Though, considering the words that followed, she most likely had bit her cheek. Not that he paid much mind to the fact, considering the words that followed.




"Oh yeah. Watch your ears and eyes, would you?"


Troph immediately closed his eyes, while also simultaneously covering his ears. Good thing too, the resounding flash and bang would have surely left him at least somewhat disoriented for a time. He tentatively opened his eyes to only see Rolanda rush into the pack and attack one of the monsters by thrusting it forward as if it was a sword, rather then a blunt object. Troph managed to only utter a single line after the charging female, who had, most likely, already forgot that he was there in the first place.

"Nooo.... the bloodthirsty and battle experienced character never survives in survival horror!"

The resulting scene was quite worrysome. First Rolanda somehow possessed the physical strength to easily slam the cane that she was carrying around through the neck of the monster in a spray of gore. A clean hit like that... suggested that the small woman may have beastlike strength hidden in her. A monster as dangerous as the beasts in front of them, no doubt!

However, it seemed that the monsters they encountered were cut from the same cloth as the garden variety zombies. Simply normal physical damage, enough to take down a normal human being, did not apply in this case. The beast reacted with speed that far surpassed its earlier meandering and grabbed Rolanda. It then proceeded to reveal a large number of teeth and started ravaging the captured woman. Not only that, with a frenzy that equalled their previous... meal, the rest decended on the blue-haired girl in a mad frenzy.

Jeez.

"Maa, it seems that I need to bust out our dear psychotic leader, lest she be turned into the next meal of Mook-kun and his friends."

Forking out a necklace underneath his shirt, he grasped it strongly and declared.



"Mahou.... Shonen... Troph! Activate!"



Leaving besides the sounds of savage monsters trying to consume a young girl, silence reigned on the clearing.

"Jeez. I thought that maybe now when everyone is revealing new superpowers..."

With a bored reaction Troph let the necklace fell from his grasp and extended his hand towards Rolanda and the group of mad beasts.



Ἄτλας



It was completely and utterly incomprehensible. The language, the pronunciation, the essence of the word that came out of Troph's lips was completely nonsensical. No, even nonsensical would be the wrong term to use. To call something nonsensical would imply that one could even understand the vowels and sounds that came out of the speaker. This was completely different altogether. It was as if someone had blotted out the sounds that made up the words themselves. The brain recognized that something was said, but what was said was beyond the ken of modern mankind to understand.


High Speed Divine Words

Language from the age of legends long past.



Wind howled as Mana surged forward as if to fulfill the command of the young boy. High Thaumaturgy that took Magi that had practiced for centuries tens of minutes, if not hours, to perform was created with no more time then it took to point a finger. After all, "Magic is naught but a dog to be commanded", right? Not that he cared about it one way or the other. This little ability of his was nothing more but an afterthought, after all. Something which he had picked up "along the way" so to speak, not the goal itself.

The very fabric of space itself surrounding the monsters and Rolanda suddenly stopped, creating a thin, almost bubble-like membrane surrounding them. In this field of restriction, no movement was allowed for anyone, irregardless of whether they were mere mortals or mad monstrosities. Troph then turned towards the rest of their merry crew.

"Yosha! Since I dealt with restraining them, you guys can go and hack them to death or... well somehow kill them at least. You can interact with the things inside, as long as you are not entirely covered by the field, which shouldn't be an issue at the moment. I tried to restrain myself after all."

Troph made a shooing gesture at the entire group while pointing at Rolanda with his other hand.

"Now go! Do all the physical work I cannot be bothered with at the moment!"

Satehi
April 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Fuck.

That was just messed up. He’d wished he could go out the elevator and give whatever the fuck was down a piece of his mind, but it was too late for that. The elevator was already closed and on its way up.

Stepping out the elevator on the eighth floor with the others, he followed after Masahiro into the storage room, ready at a moment’s notice to hit anything strange that was hiding inside. The stick that he’d ripped out of the former shelf didn’t really feel all that useful, being a simple flimsy metal rod. And it would be silly to let his guard down after what had happened on the bottom floor.

Sei
May 7th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Where were the stairs, though? That was a good question. He opened the door that led to a hall, and walked through it, his classmates behind him. Using his head, he imagined the location where the stairs should be and walked up to that point. Instead he found the door that led to the storage room. At first he had thought taking the shortest road to the exit was the way to go but, after confirming the presence of an unknown hostile and been sent directly to the eight floor, he was beginning to have second thoughts. He honestly didn't feel safe with a metal stick.

"Maybe we should make a stop here. If we want a more reliable weapon, this might be the place."

He pushed the door open, with the clear intention of entering the storage room.

Hospital Building
Time Unknown- Evening

The heavy doors opens without very much trouble. As the angle of the door widens, light from the outside seeps into the room and illuminates the scene. Sadly, just like before, the room is virtually empty except save for the generous amounts of blood caked onto the floor and walls. Judging from the scratches and inhuman gashes riddling the area, you can only conclude that this place was the scene of a struggle.

Setting the visuals aside, you cautiously step into the room and look around to see if there was anything you missed. Contrary to what the sign outside says, the place is completely empty and only serves the purpose of discouraging all who enter. It doesn't take long before you realize you'll find nothing here.

All group members' Will -1.

Just as you're about to leave though, you do notice what appears to be a message written in blood on the wall next to the door. It's a little dark and hard to see; however, upon getting closer, you're able to make out the message.

--"Sorry. All the stuff got locked up with the beastie~ Try going to the Linen Room" -Sincerely, Nao-chan ♥

It's not long after reading this that you finally notice the ominous, chained-up doors resting at the back of the room. Simply looking at them seemed to pull you in and its image gave one the illusion that they were breathing. Whatever was in there, it was locked up for a reason.

100%


Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building
Time Unknown

The most worrisome characteristic of this attacker was its speed. So, aiming to cripple it and reducing his velocity was the best plan that Aki could think at this moment. Following this logic...

Her presence warped, a sensation that anyone within the room would undoubtedly perceive, and then, something ‘materialized’ from thin air, just behind the beast. It was a blade of cutting air, that came from an unthinkable angle and an unthinkable place, aimed at the hind legs of the great beast.

School Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Demonic Aura- Intimidation
[Special Ability. Upon activation, all of the selected target’s parameters decrease by 1. Cost 3 MP per turn active. HP reduced by 5 per turn active.]
Demonic Surge – Airspace
[Special Magical Attack. Deals magical damage regardless of defense. Air blade’s speed = 25. Cost 9 MP.]

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Roll of 18 or higher needed.
Die rolls 19.
Precision successful.

Still in the middle of its meal, the mighty beast remains unaware of your attack throughout the entirety of its formation. By the time it is launched, the monster finally notices that it is being attacked, but it is too late. Your attack slices all the way through the bone and flesh of the monster and causes it to roar in agony. Due to its large body, it was not able to properly manuever itself within the confines of the small room and it costs it greatly. With another mind-numbing howl, what is left of the poor girl's body falls from the creatures jowls as it falls down onto the floor. As it begins to thrash about, you see it's blood-red eyes become fixed on you. This was now a competition between beasts.

Battle CalculationAki's Speed
25 (Air blade's speed) - 9 (Moukuu's EVA)
Aki's Attack
14 (Aki's MAG) - X (Moukuu's M.DEF) = 14 damage
-Precision: +30 damageMoukuu suffers 44 damage.
Moukuu's AGI and EVA -5.
Moukuu is bleeding.


Odo Tougas
I roar at the beast, and charge towards it, swinging the chair as I go, in hopes that I manage to hit and kill it.

Limited Weapon Mastery:
[Strength and Defense +2 when using a melee weapon.]

Unsure of what just happened, yet knowing an opportunity when you see one, you make the final steps towards your target and swing the chair randomly at it's body. You manage to hit the beast in the side of the head with your improvised weapon with enough force to make your tool shatter on impact.

The secondary attack heightens the monsters rage as it thrashes about madly but otherwise ignores your presence. In it's fury, the demonic hound builds up enough movement to work itself back onto its feet. It takes it a brief moment to find its balance, but it becomes stable just as quickly as it gets up.

Before it has a chance to counter, you retreat a few steps back and reopen the distance between you and it. Despite missing a leg, being hit with all you had, and bleeding profusely, the beast seemed like it was ready for more. If you are going to attack it again, it is safe to say you might want another chair...

Battle CalculationOdo's Speed
17 (Odo's AGI) - 4 (Moukuu's EVA)
Odo's Attack
21+1 (Odo's STR) - 14 (Moukuu's DEF) = 8 damageMoukuu suffers 8 damage.

100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
STR (40), DEF (15), M.DEF (10), AGI (20), EVA (15)

Ravage: When the Moukuu deals 20 or more damage in a single turn, it deals an additional 10 by continuing to tear at the target's defense.

Large Body: When fighting in a small space, AGI and EVA reduced by 5 due to having a large body. However, because the space available to prey becomes limited, opponent's AGI and EVA reduced by 3.

All of the Moukuu's special abilities have been revealed.

100%


Troph
Misty Park – Time unknown (Evening)

Wind howled as Mana surged forward as if to fulfill the command of the young boy. High Thaumaturgy that took Magi that had practiced for centuries tens of minutes, if not hours, to perform was created with no more time then it took to point a finger. After all, "Magic is naught but a dog to be commanded", right? Not that he cared about it one way or the other. This little ability of his was nothing more but an afterthought, after all. Something which he had picked up "along the way" so to speak, not the goal itself.

The very fabric of space itself surrounding the monsters and Rolanda suddenly stopped, creating a thin, almost bubble-like membrane surrounding them. In this field of restriction, no movement was allowed for anyone, irregardless of whether they were mere mortals or mad monstrosities. Troph then turned towards the rest of their merry crew.

Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

Ἄτλας (Atlas)
Freezes the target in place by altering the pressure of the atmosphere. Anchoring a region of space to prevent movement. High thaumaturgy. (A rank)
[Special Magical Attack. Target(s) is immobilized and unable to take action. Spell Speed = 20. Cost 50 MP.]

The creatures along with Rolanda become immobilized in space and are in an instant rendered unable to move. The grey creatures make an unpleasant medley of noises as they try to move and free themselves from the spell, but it's all for nothing. For the creatures that live on instinct, they knew the end drew near for them, but there was nothing that they could do about it.

Being caught in the spell herself due to circumstance, Rolanda is also unable to move until Toph deactives the spell. At the very least she can rest knowing that she won't be devoured entirely by the alien creatures, but if she didn't get medical attention soon, things could become just as bad. Her allies will have to get her to safety quick and at least try to tend to the wounds.

100%
Due to the turn of events, the Cadavers can now be killed with a single attack. You can have several people do this or simply have one take care of it.

Airen
May 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Akira Kurogane
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)


"Now go! Do all the physical work I cannot be bothered with at the moment!"

Even though the appearance of Troph's apparently magical abilities had thrown any remaining sense of logic out the window, I found myself dashing towards the immobile creatures in an attempt to retrieve Rolanda, who seemed to be imprisoned in the bubble with the fish-like monsters, whose voices were blending together into an unpleasant medley as I approached, their cries seeming far more disturbing the closer I willingly got to their position...

Rolanda's wounds were definitely bad, and for a moment, when the creature had plunged it's head towards the girl's throat, razor teeth shining in the otherwise foggy gloom of the park, I had thought that the girl would have died before we could have done anything, a fate that was just as unfortunate as what had happened to Justin back in the club room.

But-

"Rolanda!"

She was definitely in bad shape, but the light rise and fall of her chest indicated that she was still alive, though I'd have to move quick if I didn't want her condition to get any worse than it already was...

Troph had said that I wouldn't be frozen as long as I didn't completely immerse myself in the bubble, so showing a large amount of trust in a classmate I barely knew, I willingly shoved my arms inside of the bubble to retrieve Rolanda, making sure to avoid contact with any of the creatures that were also imprisoned within the sphere...

My movement was a bit slowed by the field, but soon enough, I was holding Rolanda in my arms, where I had the best view of the wounds she had acquired from the creatures, which had stained part of her neck red with her own blood.

Yeah, this was not a good situation.

"Guys, I need some help, she's bleeding pretty bad!"

While calling for assistance from my club mates, I noticed the cane that Rolanda had used against the creatures before she was wounded, the only physical weapon our group seemed to possess at this point in time.

"...Rolanda, I'm just gonna borrow this for a sec, k?"

Laying her down on the ground, my face remained emotionless as I turned to face the immobile creatures, Rolanda's cane in hand.

...It was a nasty business, but I lacked any real medical training, and someone had to deal with these things before the broke free from whatever sort of magical bond Troph had placed them under.

Gathering my nerve, I thrust out at the nearest of the creatures with Rolanda's cane, my stance, as well as the sheer fluidity of the strike, making it clear that this was not the first time I had used this sort of weapon.

I was by no means a master at the art of combat... But what I knew would get the job done, one defeated monster at a time.

hero
May 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


Was this some kind of cruel joke?

To be honest, Fukuda Masahiro had had his hopes up. After all, who wouldn't? A storage room was supposed to have something of use inside. So this was quite a downer. Not only that, but it raised some questions and theories. Some of them were best left unexplored but, sadly, he could not help but to think more and more about them. He just needed to make sense of where they were standing so he could lead the group in the most efficient way.

So... A hospital.

And not just a mere hospital, no doubt about that. The place screamed DEATH. Blood followed them everywhere they went; there seemed to be at least one hostile on the premises; and they were being forced to take the longest route out of such hell. He wouldn't be surprised if they bumped into a bunch of cadavers next...

No, there was something else he needed to focus on. It was something remarkably odd, something anyone could notice by paying the right amount of attention. And he could not afford to let that thought escape his head.

Had it really been their fault...? That, with the ritual they had performed, they had freed countless monstrosities into this world?

'It just doesn't feel like it.' The boy thought, as he explored the place to see if there was at least something left. 'The blood on the walls... This empty storage room... This is not something that happened recently.'

Yes, Fukuda Masahiro still wasn't sure of their exact location...

But he knew that whatever had happened...

For good or bad...

Had not happened mere hours ago.

His mind then reached the most logical conclusion for a boy of his nature: 'Survivors... There might be survivors.'

And there, right in front of him and his schoolmates, was the first sign of human life. A message in the wall written, naturally, with blood.

--"Sorry. All the stuff got locked up with the beastie~ Try going to the Linen Room" -Sincerely, Nao-chan ♥

The handwriting was definitely human.

Therefore, Fukuda Masahiro didn't need to think about it twice. Their next stop would be the Linen room.

What about the 'beastie'?

If there was truly something back there that could be considered a beast, he didn't want anyone in his group to be involved with it. Nothing material he could think of could compare to their own safety.

"Let's go to the Linen Room next. There might be more people like us there."

Optimus
May 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mark Walker
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown


"Let's go to the Linen Room next. There might be more people like us there."

-"I have something to add though. What if... the "beastie" escapes? Any of you got any plan? Also... what if the people aren't exactly nice old chaps? I say we stay alert for anything, right before anything else happens."

That said, Mark Walker returned to his focus on his surroundings, silently following along the reast of his group.

Chaos Greyblood
May 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

What the hell happened?? How did I get to this place anyway?!

Keigo felt as though he had gone through a drinking binge, except without the piercing hangover that creeps into your head in the morning after. He tried to remember what had happened. It had something to do with a strange and dark ritual he was told about from some source or another and hd brought a couple of friends along so that they could make a mini-movie about it while trying to inspire himself after the accident a few years ago. Somehow, Keigo feels that this did not go quite as planned. Then again, you would have never expected that strange things to happen once the ritual actually went underway! Ever since he lost conciousness, Keigo seems to have been in the hospital for some time, but he didn't know how much time he was out exactly.

What should I do? I wonder if there are some people in here. I need to find out what's going on.

After giving some thought about the situation, Keigo decides that he should try looking around. The first thing he should do is to carefully search the corridors and be on the lookout for people that may be inside the hospital.

Okay, there should be some spot where some people may gather. Perhaps at the reception lobby?

Just as he had kept on walking, he passes an area that had a locked door. Something didn't feel right, but Keigo couldn't figure out what it was. He takes a look at the door and reads the sign just above it.

'Linen Room'

A linen room? The door is closed, but I don't know if I should open it. Maybe I should wait around the area and see if someone comes here.

Keigo steps away from the door and looks for a place where he can take a lookout position. If someone passes through the area, he can catch up to them quickly.

Blackdeath6031
May 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown (Evening)

It goes without saying now how relia-
Shizuka stopped himself.
...No, their reliability had yet to be truly proven. However, their strength and will seemed to have been.

Letting out a sigh of relief, the boy set his heart to rest and looked at the girl lying next to him.
"Oy, Haruka-buchou. Wake up." He said urgently as he went on all fours and crawled closer to her.

Not sure if it'd work, he decided to lightly slap her right cheek.

....Surely this is enough to wake her up, he thought, after all this noise and movement...?

Verg Avesta
May 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Rolanda A. Knox
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

The pain.

The humiliation.

The stupidity.

Rolanda was unable to move, and although the monsters were still attached to her and she was bleeding badly, her mind screamed at her to move. But it was not out of self-preservation. It was not because of the pain that her mind flashed white and hot with every beat of her heart. No, it was due to simple desire to repay every ounce of humiliation she had suffered. She wanted to tear through the bodies of the monsters with her cane, grind their skulls to dust under her heel and defile their corpses by burning them in a one gigantic explosion.

Her mind roared at the anger founded in pain and fear.

She could not accept it.

She could not accept that she had been humiliated like this.

Her fingers wavered ever-so-slightly, an immense effort from her wounded body. However, it signified the intense flames of rage that burned inside her. She wanted to repay every bit of dishonor she had experienced at the hands of the thrice-cursed monsters.

"........uh........"

She saw someone. Someone was using her cane to kill the monsters frozen in the air. Someone who had dragged her out of the hands of the monsters.

"................Kuro...............gane.........?"

Rolanda's face twisted in rage, but her eyes did not reflect that, as she stared Akira Kurogane destroying the monsters.

Mereo Flere
May 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Merry
School - Empty(?) Hallway

Nothing attacked them as Merry retraced their steps. It was easier to avoid broken glass and missing planks with the flashlight, so it took them almost no time at all to return to the classroom. There was just one problem: There was no door.

Merry blinked. Had they made a mistake? No - a quick glance to the side revealed the same classroom that had been next to the one they had come from. Even so, in place of where there should have been a gateway back to the other members of the club was a smooth wall. This was... unexpected. Was this why some people couldn't return? The door, once closed, would seal itself off to the outside world?

A frown came upon Merry's face. If that was the case, it was entirely possible that the two of them would be separated from the rest forever. Then again... maybe it wasn't just meant to keep Tetsuro and Merry out? Maybe the others were trapped inside.

Merry glanced over to Tetsuro, stepping back to give him room, keeping the light on where the door had previously been. It should've been clear to him what his student wanted him to do.

Bloble
May 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Hallway outside Classroom

"Wasn't there supposed to be a door here?" Tetsuro frowned as he inspected the plain, cracked wall in front of him. Merry had led him back, sure, and he was definitely positive that this was where they had left from. He could even spy traces of their footprints leaving the room on the dusty floor. But where there should have been a door was only a plain wall. Something impossible. Either they had made a mistake, or...

"There is supposed to be a door here!" Somehow the layout of the room had changed, and the portal that granted entrance was gone. The two had been barred entry into their only safe haven.

Suddenly, an inhuman roar sounded from inside the room. The scream of an angry, and most definitely not human creature. Tetsuro's eyes widened, and he quickly pressed his ear to the wall. Shortly after, he heard yelling, and another roar, this one more similar to the desperate scream of a high school student.

...the so called 'haven' was no longer safe. His students were in danger, and he was stuck outside, unable to do anything but listen to the sound of their impending death. They could have been slaughtered by monsters even as he listened.

"...no. No way..." Tetsuro shuddered as he hear the sounds of battle from inside. "Not... not again..." He pushed himself up, his grip on the baseball bat tightening. "Not... this... time..."

He backed off from the wall silently, and motioned for Merry to clear the way. "Not gonna let you do that." He muttered, keeping his eyes on the place where the door was supposed to be. "Not this time. Not again."

He leaned the bat against the wall, then rushed forward in a sprint, jumping and launching his strongest kick against the hopefully thin wall. He wouldn't allow it to happen again! Not while he still had strength in his body! All those years ago he'd been weak and helpless, but now he was strong! Strong enough to protect people! Strong enough... to brush away all obstacles!

"Haaaah!" He kicked forward with all his might, hoping to at least dent the wooden wall and breach a path into the room.

SeiKeo
May 11th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Evgenia Ivanov
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

"Tch." Suddenly, monsters. Perfectly natural, considering the situation. What an interesting type, too, akin to blind cave fish or something. Oddly similar...

"Guys, I need some help, she's bleeding pretty bad!"

"Yes, yes," I called back. "Do save one of those intact, would you?" Turning and sprinting, I made my way back to the group as Akira began to take the group apart.

Rolanda lay on the ground, hastily deposited - bleeding. Deep wounds on lower neck and shoulder, bites, means high chance of infection... problem. Pulling my scarf off my neck, I started binding her wound, wrapping the fabric around the junction between neck and shoulder where the wound was, then wrapping under her opposite armpit to hold it in place.

That'd do a job on the bleeding, but the bleeding wasn't the issue. The creatures most likely had one impressive cocktail of bacteria in their mouth, if their similarity to other animals was more than passing, and that got ground into Rolanda's wound. Stopping the bleeding won't do much in the long term.

Sei
May 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Hallway outside Classroom

"Haaaah!" He kicked forward with all his might, hoping to at least dent the wooden wall and breach a path into the room.

Putting all of your strength into your leg, you kick the wall with enough force to fill the hallway with the resonating force. To answer you, the wall puts forth an equally impressive resistance and lives up to its purpose as a barrier. What little energy that isn't absorbed into the wall goes racing up the length of your body in the form of a numbing shock. For someone such as yourself, it's little more than a nuisance.

Drawing your leg back and planting it on the ground, you examine the effect of your effort. Surprisingly, the seemingly century old wood endured quite well, but not without a scratch. At the center of impact lay not only a dent in the wall, but a tiny hole. Not wasting any time, you raise you leg again and focus all your strength once more onto this weak point. The second kick increases the size of the indention and the third kick widens the size of the hole. Again and again to wear away at the wall's existence as you slowly generate a portal of your own. Before you know it, after ten full-powered kicks, the hole has widened enough to easily accommodate your entry. What lies before you is a scene familiar yet unlike one you remember.

Tetsuro suffers 5 damage in minor injuries.

Bloble
May 11th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Classroom

Tetsuro winced as he felt his leg groan in pain from force of his own kick. The wall had endured, and all he had to show for it was a stubbed toe-

Wait. There, in the wall... a small hole. He'd breached it. He'd managed to make a hole!

Tetsuro suppressed a tight grin. "Oh yeah."

He kicked again. And again. And again. The pain in his leg didn't matter. He'd done it! That small hole symbolized what he'd managed to accomplish! What he'd surpassed! Years ago, he wouldn't have been able to even dent the insurmountable wall, but now he had finally done it. All the sacrifices he'd made, all the things he'd gone through... they hadn't been for nothing!

With a last kick, the hole in the wall was big enough to enter through.

Tetsuro ducked through before even bothering to look. If whatever was in there had hurt his students, he'd tear it a new one!

"Oh yea- ah." His jubilant yell stopped before it even started. As he stared at the chaos.

A giant dog-monster of some kind. It stood in the center of the room, standing tall in its majestic glory. Something no human should by rights be able to stand against. Just by looking at it Tetsuro could see that going up against such a thing was tantamount to suicide.

But his students were fine, at least. Though they were but children, he saw that they had struggled, and fought. Somehow, the beast was missing a hind leg. A battered and broken chair lay near the monster, proof that it had been used as a weapon. Yes, they were alive-

No.

an arm lay on the floor, surrounded by blood

That was...

the creature's mouth opened, and he glimpsed torn fabric from a female school uniform inside

"..." No... no... not again...

the contents of the girl's head were spread about the floor like some sick twisted filling

"...kuh." Pain. Screaming. It had happened again. He had failed again. She had died again.

the woman's screams were silenced as a knife tore her throat and laughter from the others echoed through the air

"Ah."

they laughed and laughed and laughed and she didn't move any more

"A...aa..."

Before he had realized it, the man known as Sakaki burst forward. All he heard was the blood pumping through his veins. All he saw was the monster that had defeated him once more. All he felt was rage and anger and sadness and pain.

"aaaaaAAAAAAAAHH!"

One leg found purchase on a desk. Instead of slowing down or pushing the obstacle aside, he simply threw more power into his muscles and leapt up and over the desk. He flew through the air, and as he descended towards the monster he brought the bat in his hands down as well. With both hands gripping it and pushing down, as well as his own weight, Sakaki screamed the battle cry of a man who had nothing to lose. He swung.

The blade descended upon the monster's head.

Airen
May 11th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Akira Kurogane
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

The battle ended just as quickly as it began, the motionless bodies of the fish-like monsters hovering in the air because of Troph's magic, their relentless wave of meaningless noise finally coming to a stop as I avenged the injuries they had dealt to my classmate, a brief feeling of nausea making itself apparent to me as I reached for my phone and aimed at the bodies of the carnivorous beings that floated motionlessly upon the air. It wasn't the most pleasant thing to take a picture of, but the other groups had to be warned about these creatures, about the fact that they concealed their true abilities while they stalked their prey...

*click*

The lighting wasn't very good, and the mist obscured some things, but the basic figure of the creature was still visible in the photograph, now, she just had to send it to one of the others...

A brief look through my contacts list made it apparent that I hadn't been gathering the phone numbers of my fellow Club Mates, though I did happen to have Merry's phone number...

Typing a short message, I sent it along with the picture to Merry, pocketing my phone afterwards as I turned and headed back towards Rolanda and Evgenia, who had been the second to come to the wounded girl's assistance.

"I'm guessing that infection is going to be a problem? Correct?"

There was no reason to dance around the issue, those creature's mouths had been filthy, and if the wound was bad enough, we would have to find something to kill any infection that may crop up in the wound...

xxx

Image of dead floating Cadaver sent to Merry. Accompanying text: "Found a monster. Blind, but faster than it appears. Seems to hunt in groups. Be careful."

Mereo Flere
May 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Merry
School

Just as Merry was about to follow Tetsuro through the threshold that he had made, a tone announced the arrival of a new message. Merry paused, almost reaching for the phone, before deciding against it; there was a bigger problem at hand. A moment later, Merry stepped back into the classroom, trying to prepare for whatever was inside.

Naturally, Merry hadn't expected a giant wolf to be in standing inside of the classroom - and though Merry wondered how it had even gotten in, bits and pieces of ceiling on the ground answered that question. Also on the ground were pieces of someone. For a moment, Merry hoped that it had been a stranger like the girl in the closet... however, a quick glance around told the teenager that someone from their number was indeed missing.

The monster was still alive. Even though it was clear that it was injured - its leg severed from its body somehow, even though nobody had a blade - it was also clear that it posed a threat to everyone here. Maybe they could run away and escape through the hole Tetsuro had made, but... it seemed their teacher had already decided on a plan of action.

Tetsuro charged, joining the ones already engaged with the creature. As for Merry... Merry chose to stay back from the fight, acknowledging that the others were better suited to this battle. It was one thing to tackle a skeleton. It was another to tackle this dire wolf, which probably wouldn't even notice the weight of a person on it. So, without a weapon, all Merry could do was rely on "Attachment" - but it was best to save that until later.

Satehi
May 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


"Let's go to the Linen Room next. There might be more people like us there."

“I agree with Mahiro. I’m curious as to what, exactly, this message is talking about.”


"I have something to add though. What if... the "beastie" escapes? Any of you got any plan? Also... what if the people aren't exactly nice old chaps? I say we stay alert for anything, right before anything else happens."

“How about we just peek a tiny bit into the room before going in entirely? There’s not much we could do for a creature that we don’t even know. Besides, I think I’m pretty fast. I think I could catch it.”

Not wanting to spend any more time in the gory room, Akira moved away from it, approaching the Linen room instead.

Sei
May 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown (Evening)

It goes without saying now how relia-
Shizuka stopped himself.
...No, their reliability had yet to be truly proven. However, their strength and will seemed to have been.

Letting out a sigh of relief, the boy set his heart to rest and looked at the girl lying next to him.
"Oy, Haruka-buchou. Wake up." He said urgently as he went on all fours and crawled closer to her.

Not sure if it'd work, he decided to lightly slap her right cheek.


School Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Haruka only stirs in response to your efforts. A light sweat still covers her forehead; however, she doesn't appear to be as fatigued as she was before. Regardless... Given the circumstances, you realize that only something drastic will wake her up.


Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Classroom

One leg found purchase on a desk. Instead of slowing down or pushing the obstacle aside, he simply threw more power into his muscles and leapt up and over the desk. He flew through the air, and as he descended towards the monster he brought the bat in his hands down as well. With both hands gripping it and pushing down, as well as his own weight, Sakaki screamed the battle cry of a man who had nothing to lose. He swung.

The blade descended upon the monster's head.

Black. That's all that fills your mind in the next instant. Overwhelming, abysmal, and ominous black.

Just as your bat comes swinging down through the air, something descends from the opening in the ceiling with an even greater speed than your attack. The bat swings down at the white beast, but what it connects with is the dark shadow. In a span of time unnoticeable by most, you're stopped entirely and left to linger frozen in the air as you gaze at the dark shade. But just as your eyes begin to relay the message to your brain, something faint sounds through the air...

"Calm down..."

Before you can take in all of the information, you find yourself flying backwards through the air, past your students, and into the solid wall on the far side of the room. The experience dazes you, but ultimately you're unharmed. Instinctively looking up to see what hit you, you find the black figure which filled your vision mere seconds ago. What you find is a slender black figure standing before the beast. A flash of silver quickly follows and a spray of crimson soon after. In an instant, the white monster's fur is dyed red and what's left of it's body falls to the floor. The monster was dead.

Sheathe Break: For each time ???? outspeeds her target, she can attack that target an additional time during the same turn.

Battle Calculation????'s Speed
35 (????'s AGI) - 4 (Moukuu's EVA)
????'s Attack
30 (????'s STR) - 14 (Moukuu's DEF) = 16 damage
-Sheathe Break: 16 damage x 8 attacks = 128 damageMoukuu suffers 128 damage.
Moukuu: 48 HP - 128 damage = 0 HP
The Moukuu is dead.

Having dispatched the beast with beast-like ability, the enigmatic figure turns to you and the group. From beneath the black hood, you see a white face complemented by scarlet red eyes. It was the face of someone young. Someone who could be no older than seventeen. And yet her eyes reflected no life, no joy, or worry. They simply gazed upon you with empty intensity.


http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/ToxicTeddy9/onigokkoNPC4.jpg

Encountered ????


100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
HP (100), STR (40), DEF (15), M.DEF (10), AGI (20), EVA (15)

Mereo Flere
May 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Merry
School

Merry had been sure that Tetsuro would be able to defeat the giant wolf - if not by himself, then with the aid of the other students, including whoever had cut the wolf's leg off. Never would Merry have thought that Tetsuro wouldn't even get to land a single blow - that a mysterious black figure would come in and steal the kill.

That's what happened. However - while Merry was glad that the beast was dead, Merry remained wary of the newcomer; so far, this place had had a pattern of very bad things popping out of the ceiling. It may not have immediately attacked them... but neither had the Stalker.

Still... when this stranger turned around, Merry finally relaxed a little. Whoever she was, she was human - or had the appearance of such. Even if he expressionless features were unnerving it was much better than the monsters that Merry had seen today.

Eyes examined this stranger more closely. It was obvious that she wielded a blade - and from the looks of it, her technique was similar to iaijutsu. The way she had moved suggested familiarity with monster they had encountered - and, perhaps with whatever this world was to begin with. Immediately a name rose up to the top of Merry's mind - one that had been written on the blackboard, coupled with warnings to lost sheep like their club.

"...Makoto, I take it?" Merry asked softly, hesitant to speak out in front of someone other than Tetsuro. However, it was a question that needed to be asked.

Sei
May 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Masahiro, Akira, Mark, & Maiko
Abandoned Hospital
Time Unknown (Evening)

Background Music (http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=tWhUPlFnAe8)

Leaving the storage room behind, your group ventures just across the hallway to the Linen Room. Though the credibility of the one who suggested it is questionable, you have no reason not to investigate. Approaching the closest entrance, you cautiously take the handle and enter slowly.

What awaits on the other side of the door, to no surprise, is a rather bloody scene. While not as decorated as other rooms you have seen, the room still has smears of the red fluid coating the walls. Hand prints could be found here and there as well, but there were no bodies to be found. Barring that, the area was surprisingly tidy. It was a rather expansive room with shelves along three of the walls filled with what appeared to be clear sheets and blankets. In addition to those, two long shelves stood parallel to each other not to far from the entrance. These, though somewhat empty, has a number of canned items carefully placed on them. The rest of the room was left open, likely to provide a sleeping area.

Given how the room appears to be positioned at the center of the floor plan, it can provide for a nice strategical point should any monsters come. Of course this is a double-edged sword with the numerous entrances. Fortunately, it seems that several locks have been placed on all of the doors. The room definitely feels like the place to be.

The only other thing worth mentioning is the back wall, the only one not lined with shelves. It appears to have a fair bit of writing on it.

100%

Park
Time Unknown

Working quickly, the group rushes to the aid of their classmate. With his part done, Toph releases the spell suspending Rolanda in space. The others carefully catch her, lay her down, and do what they can for her wounds. However they quickly realize that the situation is looking bleak. Stopping the bleeding, for the most part, only alleviates the mind. The poor girl's body is still of concern.

With limited options, the team carefully lifts Rolanda and make their way to the building on the hill. Doing so may be a bit of a gambit; however, it beat staying out in the open where one could be attacked from all sides. At the very least they'd have a roof over their heads. With any luck, they'd find some proper first aid materials.

Even with the delicate handling of their friend, it doesn't take long for everyone to reach the building's entrance. Standing before it really gives the team of just how large the building actually is; easily the size of a basketball court with a second story to boot. The windows appear to be barricaded as well, though the mixed materials used might not provide the best defense.

Setting your examination aside for the moment, you decide to continue in. Toph, opting not to do any heavy lifting, is the one to open the door and the others soon follow. Upon entering, the group the welcome to a rather "high-class design". As expected from the outside, the foyer is a round in shape with a glass dome playing as the ceiling. From there, an east and west wing extended from the lobby with two stairways situated on the sides leading to the top floor.

There already appears to be a number of blankets, mats, and sleeping bags laid out in the lobby (about 12 in number). It seems like a good place to set Rolanda down for the time being. While some tend to her, the others can search the building.


Akira Kurogane
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)

Typing a short message, I sent it along with the picture to Merry, pocketing my phone afterwards as I turned and headed back towards Rolanda and Evgenia, who had been the second to come to the wounded girl's assistance.

Your cell phone battery has died.

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

Keigo checks out the situation as he begins to patrol the perimeter of the Linen Room for a bit. He's sure that he may be far from alone as he searches around and find other people that may have come here. He calls out for anyone that may hear him as he walks in the corridors, though so far there is no answer. There is another concern that also needs to be addressed quickly, though.

I have next to nothing when it comes to defending myself. I can do well enough in a fight with my own hands, but it would be stupid if I try to do so against someone who's armed. I need to find something to use as a weapon and I have to do this quickly.

Keigo advances towards the door that leads to the east wing of the hospital in order to find the storage room. Perhaps he'll be able to find something of use there.

He arrives shortly at the storage room and tries to open the door. It is locked! However, he quickly finds that this isn't the only door on that section, so he walks towards the other door and checks if it's locked. And lo, this door has been opened. He feels as though he should check inside, but he's not sure he should do it alone. He closes the door quickly and decides to call for some people, hoping that he'll get a response this time around.

Hello! Is there anybody in this place?! I need some help here! Please respond if you hear me! Hello!"

Bloble
May 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Classroom

His body ached.

What was that?

He was lying beside the wall that had interrupted his short flight.

Who was that?

He forced open his eyes, and with a groan pushed his lower body off the ground.

...Who had died?

Tetsuro's eyes wandered around the room, passing over the shocked students, over the corpse of the dead monster, and over the mysterious new figure that had arrived to save the day.

They settled on the last remaining remnants of a dead girl. Her head, cracked open like an egg, spilling its guts out onto the floor.

Tetsuro managed to get to his knees, but couldn't bring himself to go any higher. He was dizzy, and the whole world spun around him, making the process of keeping his balance even tougher. Still, the teacher crawled over to the girl's head, watching it with empty eyes.

he had failed again

The man stared at the symbol of his failure. All that was left of one of his students. This girl had been alive minutes ago. She had a family, friends, and a life. She may have even had a boyfriend.

he had left his students alone to die

Tanaka Yumiko. That had been her name. The name of his student. The name of the dead. The name of someone he'd failed.

Tetsuro knelt there, staring at the head, lost in his own nightmares.

He'd stay that way until someone disturbed him.

Satehi
May 15th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Whoever set this up had a rotten sense of humor. Every room they’d been to so far had been covered in gore. He didn’t even want to think about how many people had been killed just for the rooms they’d been in so far.

And honestly, he’d been expecting something inside, after that message. But the room, as far as he could tell, was empty. Nothing inside. Which either meant that the message was lying… or that the creature had already escaped the room somehow, and was free in the building with them.

The writing on the back wall intrigued him. While he didn’t see much use in the rest of the room, the writing would at least tell them something, hopefully to prevent them from ending up like whoever had been in the room before.

Disregarding any potential complaints from his group, Akira walked forward into the room, to get a better look at the wall of writing.

Sei
May 15th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Disregarding any potential complaints from his group, Akira walked forward into the room, to get a better look at the wall of writing.

You find the writing to be surprisingly neat and legible despite some of the text's age. It looks very similar to the writing you found in the storage room so you can assume it was written by the same person.

“Hello~ If you haven’t been able to figure it out yet, you’re dead. Welcome to Hell~ Just kidding. My name is Nakami Nao. I’m a 3rd year student from Kururugi High in Fuyuki. I’m playful, spontaneous, and super hot~ But enough about me. Let’s talk about you. Currently you are on the 8th floor of this abandoned hospital. Presumably you are alive, or at least alive enough to be reading this. Oh, and as for what this is, it’s an example of the communication system around here. Anyways, if you don’t wanna die, I recommend getting out of here as soon as possible.” –Nao

“The elevator seems to be broken. Take the stairs if you wanna go anywhere. Watch out for the monsters.” –Nao

“It looks like the people who come to this world end up in one of three places. An abandoned school (the most likely option), the park (the second most likely), and this hospital (which seems to be rare). I guess that makes us special.” –Nao

“Seems like I killed someone again today. Pushed him right off the roof a building and he fell like Humpty Dumpty. Splat! Lol.” –Nao

“I brought everyone some nice comfy blankets from the third floor. I had to steal from a few dead people and wash them though. But hey, that’s one of the hard decisions you make to survive, right? Sleep well~” –Nao

“I scavenged some nice canned goodies for you guys. Hope you like them!” –Nao

“I guess if you’re really hungry, you could always eat someone.” –Nao

“Let me see, if I’ve got this right, there are Beezlebubs in the basement and Infants and… shoot. Anyways, watch your backs.” –Nao

“The cheeks are perhaps the best part with the thighs coming in second. You want to get a cut which is exercised a lot. Something which blood has flowed through often… It’s tougher to chew, but it tastes better.” –Nao

“I haven’t told you guys what it’s like outside yet have I? Well, as I’m sure most of you can imagine, it’s very foggy, but the fog doesn’t extend to everywhere. At first glance, it’s very depressing, but the peaceful silence is simply beautiful. There’s a park with all kinds of beautiful plants and scrubs and some of the trees even grow this really sweet fruit! There’s also a city. I haven’t been there much because I try to stay close to here, but I have been there once or twice to hall back some vegetables and stuff for you all. Sadly, the place isn’t as lively as the scenes we know. The buildings are in ruins and the whole place is falling apart. But the fallen structures wear the invading plant-life in such a lovely way… There’s also an ocean, that I hope you all get to see. And finally, this dying world is simply breathe-taking when it rains.” -Nao

“I just found out how to get into the basement today! There’s all kinds of lovely reds down there. Crimson, Scralet, Vermillion, Carmine…” –Nao

“Awwww. You guys are so mean. All the other walls have all kinds of people communicating on them. I know you guys are coming through here. I keep having to restock the food and my blankets keep going missing. Not to mention all the screams you can hear from like a mile away.” –Nao

“I’m beginning to miss my home, you know. Of course I try to be cheerful for you all, but I’m actually quite sad, you see. It wasn’t much, but I had a nice little apartment to myself… Well, I did have a cat named Taiga~ I also miss normal food. Shrimp especially. I miss my friends too. I’d really like to go have ice cream with them right now.” –Nao

“I met Maibara Daisuke today. He’s very handsome and quite reliable. If you are lucky enough to run into him, I guarantee that you’ll be safe. Of course, I wouldn’t mind if you all ran into me as well.” –Nao

“’It’s no use crying over spilt evils. It’s better to mop them up laughing.’ What do you guys think about this quote from Eleanor Farjeon?” –Nao

“Onigokko~ Onigokko~ Hide your demons~ Hide your demons~ Onigokko~ Onigokko~ Find the sinners~ Find the sinners~” –Nao

“You guys… I found a way home~” –Nao

“Well, while you guys have been some really crappy friends, I brought you all back some delicious food from the real world. I’ll leave it here for you guys, okay. Make sure you thank me! That’s all I ask.” –Nao

“It seems like I’m coming here less and less these days. Sorry. I’ll bring you all some nice things soon~” –Nao

“I finally gave into curiosity and joined the Neo-Salvanists. The initiation ceremony was pathetic and their words contradict themselves more times than others. But, I guess it’s kind of nice. There are a lot of people and they seem to at least have some knowledge of Mr. Gousai’s stuff.” –Nao

“I think I’ll go home soon. I’m starting to feel bad again.” –Nao

“I brought back more goodies again. I won’t ask for your thanks. This is simply my gift to you.” –Nao

“Isn’t it ironic how life comes with so many expenses yet death comes so cheaply? It’s such a tragic flaw with the human design, is it not? No matter how hard man struggles to live on, man’s death is always something simple and trivial.” –Nao

“I think this’ll be the last time I come here. Maybe I’ll drop by for memories sake every now and then, but there’s nothing left for me here. If you want to know how to get home, come find me. I’ll protect you until the end.” –Love, Nao-chan
The rest of it is unreadable. It's either some sort of complex equation or an alien text.

SeiKeo
May 17th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evgenia Ivanov
Unknown Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Quite a nice building, everything set out for us. Curious. Blankets and sleeping bags, exactly what we could use... no medicines though, that would give quite the credence to.... hmmmm...

Walking over, I touched the east wall for a second, staring straight at it and blinking once. For a second, the world fell away before me, suddenly turning into a cloud of smoke. Drifts, breezes... it all moved, but you could see concentrations in the pattern, walls, furniture... the structure of the house, bare for me to see.

Turning, I walked and did the same to the other wall. Nothing is worse than lack of knowledge.

@Sei: Two uses, Misty Night, second application

hero
May 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


Background Music (http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=tWhUPlFnAe8)


"..."

Where the hell were they? This was not the place Fukuda Masahiro had thought of at first, or even a few minutes after entering the Linen room. The one theory he had, the one he had hidden in the deepest parts of his subconscious so as to not think about it, seemed to be correct. It was not a hospital; it was a hunting ground. And they were had not been the first group to arrive. Yes, there was no need to think twice about it, the walls around them spoke on their own.

People had been here.

People had lived here.

People had died here.

Just how many? That was the question that bothered him the most. How many of them had been brought here against their will and murdered in cold blood? How many of them had been separated from their families, stripped of their futures and denied a proper burial? How many of them...

... Could not have been saved?

-------

He read the writings on the wall, too. All of them were written by the same girl: Nakami Nao. There were many things that Masahiro lacked the knowledge to understand, but he caught what the girl meant most of the time. Her sanity was to be questioned, but he couldn't blame her, after all she must have went through. The most surprising part was that the writings implied that Nao had figured a way to go back home, and had probably returned home.

There was still hope. Indeed, the least thing he wanted to do right now was to give up-!

"We are getting out of this together." He said, to reassure his classmates and also himself. "No matter where we are or what we are going against, we can find a way back home. If Nakami did it, then so can we."

He then wrote something on the wall, using whatever was available to him. When he ended, it looked like this:

'@Nao: Thanks for the food and the tips. My friends and I ended up here after performing some kind of ritual. Because of you, we know there is a way out, and we are going to find it.'
'@Whoever reads this: Don't lose hope.'
'@Those who died here: I will do my best to inform your families of what really happened to you. May you rest in peace.'

'Fukuda Masahiro, Homurahara 3rd year.'



He took a deep breath.

"Let's get everything we can and move out." He had to be strong for them. "And if we really have to fight monsters to live...

Never forget...

You have a friend watching your back."

Airen
May 25th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Akira Kurogane
Mysterious Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Judging from the sleeping bags and other sleeping equipment scattered around the room, it seemed that there had been a group of people active in this place before us, which, judging from the lack of broken objects and other signs of struggle, made it seem like it was a safe room to put Rolanda into for the time being. It hadn't taken us very long to get here, and it wasn't very cold, but my muscles were still trembling slightly from my earlier violent encounter with the monsters, as if my body was just waiting for some sort of monster to jump out of some random dark corner and attack.

Which, in this place, was a disturbingly real possibility.

Still, there was no real time to allow myself to feel fear, if we wanted to save Rolanda, then we needed to find medical supplies. Bandages and medicine, hell, even bottled water would be a welcome sight right now, if we were going to struggle our way through this situation, we needed to have the supplies necessary to make sure our future survival was even possible...

"Hey Troph, let's go search for supplies together while the others help Rolanda."

Might as well be blunt about it, I didn't have much medical training, and he wasn't the sort of person who seemed like he would enjoy that sort of work. The least we could do was be useful and find things for the others to use to help Rolanda.

I3uster
May 25th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

She was in awe. In moments like these Masahiro really showed his strength of character, intensifying her admiration for him even further. She was almost afraid to break the ensuring silence, fearing to defile the beauty of this moment with her voice. But even then, they had to focus on moving on. After all, this was the true intention of his speech, was it not?

Instead of speaking needless words, she tried to inspect the various items in the room. Maybe the mood could be bettered a bit if there was any food in the room, but any first aid equipment might become useful too...
Then she heard it. The voice of a young man.

Again, paranoia hit her. What if it was just a way of luring the group outside, into the arms of some abomination?
She didn't want to risk the lives of the others this way.
But if it was just her, maybe it would be no problem. After all she was of no use to the group, wasn't she? She was just dead weight, being dragged through all of this by Mark, Akira and Masahiro. So once she finally had a chance to be of some use, she should take it.

"P-please s-stay quiet for a s-second, I think I h-heard something..."

She moved towards one of the doors, only opening it far enough to take a peek outside.

To her (pleasant) surprise she didn't see a monster. It was just a regular boy, shouting for help. Still, the possibility of a trap was present. She opened the door a bit further, now exposing her face to the boy.
"H-hey! Hey! W-who are y-you?"

An unusually rash tone for her, but this was no time for formalities.

Mellon
May 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Troph
Park
Time Unknown (Evening)



"Hey Troph, let's go search for supplies together while the others help Rolanda."

"Humm... If this is in the survival horror genre, wouldn't splitting up be the worst thing we could do?"

Troph's eyes rolled languidly over the room they were in, committing every detail to memory. This was, or had been at least, someone's "base" without a doubt. Why else barricade the windows, not to mention have sleeping mats in the lobby? The peculiar lack of residents, with clear signs of habitation, was the real question. Considering the number of mats, whoever they were, they had been a far larger group then their little band of misfits was. In fact, it was quite likely that whatever reason had caused them to flee, leaving behind their possessions (or die), was still present in this building.

"Maa, whatever. If you want to look around, I'll accompany you. Straying out alone and getting killed is a much more common trope in horror then two people getting killed at the same time."

Troph turned away from Kurogane for a second, towards Evgenia and the rather injured Rolanda.

"Can you stay with Rolanda, Evgenia? I forgot to multi-class into a Cleric, so unfortunately I haven't got any mystical spells from a forgotten age to erase injuries or something. Kurogane and I were thinking about checking out this place a bit."

Sei
May 31st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Merry
School

"...Makoto, I take it?" Merry asked softly, hesitant to speak out in front of someone other than Tetsuro. However, it was a question that needed to be asked.

Abandoned School
Time Unknown (Evening)

The enigmatic girl simply glances in your direction. Her face remains emotionless giving neither recognition nor denial. Her eyes just peer at you with a sharpness rivaled only by the bloodied knife in her hand.

"You're loud..."

The girl quietly opens her mouth; loud enough for all to hear but so silenced it places the idea into doubt. Without another word, her eyes drift down to the fleshly pile of human remains on the floor. She examines it momentarily before moving her eyes around the room and over to the closet at the back. Just like with the dead student, her eyes rest on the sight for a brief moment before moving on.

Seemingly uninterested in anything else happening in the room, the girl clad in black kneels down and picks up a section of the white beast's severed head and lazily holds it by her left side as she stands up. As if she'd gotten what she came for, the girl begins to walk towards the hole in the wall, leaving just as soon as she'd arrived. But just as she's about to clear the scene, she stops and takes one last look at you. She reaches into her right pocket, hiding her weapon from sight, and withdraws her now closed hand. As she extends her arm, she uncurls her fingers and presents five bullets to you.

The girl is unreadable, so you're not sure what angle she's playing, but for now it seems she's willing to help.


100%


Evgenia Ivanov
Unknown Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Walking over, I touched the east wall for a second, staring straight at it and blinking once. For a second, the world fell away before me, suddenly turning into a cloud of smoke. Drifts, breezes... it all moved, but you could see concentrations in the pattern, walls, furniture... the structure of the house, bare for me to see.

Turning, I walked and did the same to the other wall. Nothing is worse than lack of knowledge.

Mysterious Building
Time Unknown (Evening)

Taking the initiative, you use your unique magecraft to begin scouting the building. You couldn't help but notice small traces of a magical barrier around the establishment, so you figure it would be wise to insure the place is safe before resting up.

Looking briefly at what lies behind the walls leading to the east and west wings, you catch a glimpse of simple hallways with tiled, marbled flooring with uncovered windows and doors waiting at each end. Unlike the main lobby, both wings seem to be lacking greatly in defense, but you can only assume such from what you've seen. However, it would make sense that the windows here remain uncovered so as to provide those dwelling within with a way to actually see outside. Both doorways leading to the wings have been reinforced for a lock-down, so it makes some sense.

In the end, the main building is the priority.


http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/ToxicTeddy9/bg129083.jpg


***



Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown (Evening)

A loud thud echoes throughout the main lobby. With attention being drawn to the front entrance, everyone quickly turns around and, surprisingly, find a young girl dressed in a sailor-style school uniform.

As she begins to lock the door behind her, you realize that she must not be aware of your presence yet. Though she seems harmless enough, you can't seem to ignore the fact that she "snuck" in almost undetected by anyone. She seems awfully at ease waltzing into the building like this, her clothes seem "eerily clean", and resting on the floor next to her is a heavy looking military bag stuffed with who knows what. All in all, the new person's arrival only presented more questions in an already perplexing setting.

"Ah... Looks like I managed to beat nightfall. Guess I'll just have to stay here for the time being... Oh well."

With a soft sigh, the girl kneels down and picks her bag up off of the floor before turning around. Upon doing so, you finally get a good look at her face and she finally becomes aware of you. A light look of shock fills her face, but at the same time, she doesn't seem at all surprised that she's not the only one in the building. After a brief moment of silence, her face lights up and a bright smile forms on her lips.

"Ah. Are you newbies? Judging by how fresh your clothes look, I would have to say that you are."

As she says this, you can faintly hear her sniff the air before she leans to the side a bit and looks past you. In doing so, she gets a good look at the injured young girl laying on the floor.

"Oh? That looks pretty bad. I guess someone made their first mistake, huh?" She speaks with a voice that doesn't show amusement, yet it doesn't exactly sound serious enough given the situation. "I'm guessing... no one here can perform healing magecraft or some form of spiritual surgery?"


http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/ToxicTeddy9/aus2896283.jpg

Encountered ????

Optimus
June 1st, 2012, 05:02 AM
Mark Walker
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

-"Huh."

It was all he could say. For the first time in his entire life, that person wasn't as important as Masahiro. It seemed that the rumors weren't that much of exaggerations, after all. Feeling a strange impulse, he decided to sign below Masahiro's name with Mark Walker. Hormurahara, 3rd year using his metallic stick to scratch at the walls.

After taking another glance at the doors just to be sure, he awaited for Masahiro's orders.

Verg Avesta
June 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
Rolanda A. Knox
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown (Evening)

She heard something from the distance. In her red-hued vision she saw outlines of walls and floors and ceilings, making her realize they were in a building. Rolanda was diving in and out of slight daze, unable to fully concentrate on the situation due to her loss of blood. However, she understood that they had gotten away from the creatures. Whether or not they had been killed completely, she wasn't sure off. But at least they were in a some sort of safe-zone.

Then, suddenly, she saw a figure at the edge of her vision she had not seen before. Turning her head slightly, she saw a strange-looking girl that she had not never met before. By pure instinct, she squinted her eyes and pressed every detail she could into her mind, memorizing both her appearance, body language and every single gesture that could indicate she was of danger to the group ----- No, to herself. Her hazy vision then concentrated on trying to read out the girl's intentions through slight hints of the way she acted, moved her head and eyes, spoke and everything Rolanda could use to her advance.

But.
Then Rolanda heard something she said.


"Oh? That looks pretty bad. I guess someone made their first mistake, huh?"

Rolanda's mind flared for a moment, and her pure anger cleared the red fog from her mind. What she perceived as an insult kick-started her mind like anything else could not have before. Unable to stand it, she focused all her remaining strength, raised her hand a little bit, curled up some of her fingers...

...And flipped a bird at the unknown girl.

Mereo Flere
June 2nd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Merry
Abandoned School
Evening

It was a strange experience - being called loud by someone else. Then again, who knew what Makoto's standards were?

Then again, Merry couldn't be sure if this girl was Makoto to begin with. There were a number of people that had come to this world before the occult club, after all - and not all of them would've left behind a message. Still...

It felt better, to think she really was Makoto - to know that at least one of the previously faceless names from the chalkboard was still around, surviving despite the world she was thrown in.

That didn't change the fact that Makoto was very difficult to read. Originally, Merry believed that the context for the girl's actions was that of a survivor trying to save other people... but now, she seemed so unconcerned with their situation, only giving them the barest of acknowledgments before heading on her way. If she hadn't paused to off er Merry those bullets, Merry might've believed Makoto didn't care about them at all.

There were so many things Merry wanted to ask. However, if Makoto had somewhere to go, Merry wouldn't stop her, not that there was much they could do to stop her. Some of them could try following Makoto if she left...

But, given the state of the room and their friends, splitting up would do more harm than good. Even Merry wouldn't leave them behind again, knowing what trouble they got into when they hadn't been around... as for Tetsuro, well...

There were still things - still people - they needed to take care of here.

Cautiously, Merry stepped closer to Makoto, extending a hand to hers to accept the bullets. Then, with a grateful bow, Merry silently thanked their savior.

Chaos Greyblood
June 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

"By the gods, there's an actual person in here!?"

Keigo quickly paces over to the person that called out to him. He wasn't totally sure there'd be someone inside the hospital, which seemed abandoned at first glance. However, if this girl was here, there is a good chance there a few more people inside.

"Well, I'm Keigo Yamamoto. I just came here recently, but I have no idea how I even got here or why I was brought to this place. I came alone and I was looking for help." He spoke to the girl he just found, seeing that she had peeked out of the door with her head. "Please, can you tell me if there's someone with you? I need to find out what's going on here and I'm not sure I'd like to look deeper into this place alone."

RacingeR
June 3rd, 2012, 12:51 AM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building
Time Unknown

Her blade struck true. In a spring of blood, one of the hind legs of the great wolf was ripped off, making the creature scream. Two mind numbing howls that spoke of its pain. Red eyes became fixed into red eyes.

Aki’s mouth deformed into a smile that almost seemed to rip apart her face. It was unmistakable for whoever saw it, in all its horrible glory. There was no way that such an expression could be human. There was no way any human-like existence could smile like that.

It was now a duel between monsters. And for any on-looker, telling just which was the real monster was impossible. The girl in red who only sought entertainment and the beast in white who only sought nourishment were about to clash. And only one of them would walk alive of such monstrous fight.

However, it never came to pass.

Just as the beasts were about to charge against each other, the wall that once had been a door was destroyed, and Sakaki-sensei stepped between the debris, clenching a blood covered bat.

His expression at the moment of seeing the dead body of the student was simply delicious.

Crimson couldn’t help but laugh. Yes. This was it. This what was she lived for. This very moment, this instant of entertainment, this adrenaline rushing through her veins, the feeling of ‘being alive’, of ‘existing’, of experimenting a normal human emotion such as excitement. Just becoming a monster like this was enough.

She eyed the massive wolf as her sensei charged at it. Just how much of this so called ‘entertainment’, of this pleasure she felt in this massacre of a battle, could be derived from this creature’s pain and screams?

She prepared to charge herself, the desk firmly clenched in her hands. It was time to use a certain trick of hers. Everything in this moment was perfect.

And she was denied again.

A sword came flying, cutting through the wolf like it was made of butter. Aki’s eyes barely managed to follow the fast attacks that carved it with no mercy. Death reclaimed the beast before it ever understood what had happened to it.

The figure who had killed it was another humanoid, with red eyes, dull and emotionless. She was barely dressed, but the sword she had sheathed looked deadly enough. Probably no hidden weapons? It was hard to tell with that jacket of hers, though. Seeing the kind of physical prowess she had displayed, and judging from those boring eyes of hers, she was probably not an human. Then what? A magus? Nah, not many chances. A Demon Hunter? Could be, these guys had weird abilities. Another Hybrid like her? The most likely option.

Crimson did that analysis almost subconsciously, without even caring much about the person in question. She had awkwardly stopped in mid-step, the desk prepared to be swung against the creature’s head. Upon realizing that she was in such a ridiculous position, she threw the desk away, and looked upon the newly arrived girl.

“Boring.” She judged, as the horrendous aura that warped the air around her vanished. Then Aki stopped paying attention to the newcomer almost entirely, and looked through the room, seeking a new source of entertainment.

She spotted Haruka, with that one other guy whose name she couldn’t bother remember trying to wake her up, and smiled again, this time a more human-like smile.

She strode right nearby the sleeping girl, and keeled near her head, to then approach her ear with her mouth. “If you don’t wake up... I’ll grab them.”

Done whispering, she stepped back away fast, leaving the poor bloke beside her to deal with the ensuing reaction, if there was any.

hero
June 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

"Heh. You've got a good ear, Kisaragi." Fukuda Masahiro had been the one to finally open the door fully. He had overheard part of what the mysterious survivor had said and had walked there to greet him and aid him in whatever he might need. Now he stood next to Maiko, with smirk on his face and a pair of canned items in his hands. "You are in luck, Yamamoto-san. We're the same. Come in, we got food and shelter."

Back inside, Masahiro handled the introductions and then moved to a more important subject. He told Keigo about everything that had happened: From the storytelling to how they had ended up in this cursed hospital and what they had done since then to survive. The boy didn't seem to attend to Homurahara or, if he did, he certainly did not belong to the club. So, what Fukuda wanted to know the most was:

"How did you end up here?"

Everyone had sitten in a circle inside the linen room. Each one of the survivors had a tin can with food inside; Nakami Nao's last gift. The food didn't taste as good, since it was cold and there was no wait to heat it, but it could be eaten perfectly fine. Masahiro had told the group to eat now that they had the time, because there existed the possibility that they would not be able to have a decent meal in a while. And if they had to constantly move and fight an unknown threat, they needed to be a hundred percent ready to take it on.

'Wait for me. I will be there soon... Nee-san.'

Blackdeath6031
June 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

In his futile efforts to wake up their president, Shizuka found himself stunned as warm red flew and landed on his cheeks. No sound, no notice. Nothing. He would have expected that Sakaki-sensei's attack would at least being a shrill cry from it, just like Aki-san's one did. But it didn't.

Wide eyed and puzzled, Shizuka ceased his waking efforts and glanced at the beast.

The dead beast, with his teacher and someone he couldn't recognise right next to it. So quick, so sudden. The finishing blow which was undoubtedly done by that girl was so overwhelming that even someone who wasn't focused on the fight blanked out.

His eyes instinctively watched the girl move toward the hole in the wall, Merry following after and talking to her.

blank... still blank

Then a sharp burst of fear flared in his mind as he saw someone approach him. Turning to face them, and as he saw clearly who is was, his face turned white. Finding himself unable to do much, he simply watched. Watched as she walked. Watched as she kneeled by Haruka-buchou. Watched as she brought her mouth to her ear. Then open her mouth.

Realising that he had to do something - for reasons he felt weren't as valid as he thought, he hurriedly brought himself to move, as he tried to grab Aki by the arm from across Haruka's slumbering body and stop her from doing something bad to the president.

"Hey--.......eh.....?"

...But before he could, Aki stood up and walked off. She definitely did something, but....

Stunned once again, Shizuka left his arm drop to his sides.
But he couldn't waste more time, or other things like those would appear.

"....but how would would she wake up...M-...Maybe its like that story about the princess and some chibi people....?"

Chaos Greyblood
June 8th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

"Good. Then I'll let myself in."

He entered the door and finds that there are some supplies inside this room and there's enough space for a number of people to hide out for a while. Well, the easy part is now over and Keigo can feel a little more confident that he won't go through this alone. There are a few questions he'd want to make and some to answer, though.

"I don't know exactly how I even got here. My memory is a blurry mess when I try to piece everything together." Keigo replied, looking as though trying to sort out his recent memories takes a lot of effort just to see one clear image. "All I'm able to remember is that I went with a few friends to try and make a film and they told me about this strange ritual and they said that even though it may not come true, it would still be used for decent material for an amateur filming. As you can tell, I'm an aspiring filmmaker who's in a bit of a slump and they thought it would help to pull me back together."

The rest of the event was so surreal even Keigo had trouble to confirm it even happened. "Look, something bad happened and this 'ritual' actually came true and I filmed the whole thing. I don't know the rest of it because there was this great darkness that erupted from... from whatever came out from the symbol they made and I don't even know where my colleagues are right now. They may be either dead or missing for all I know. The next thing I knew, I woke up in a hospital bed, and hence I am here."


Now it was time for him to make the questions. "I suppose I'll be asking the obvious, but do we have some kind of weapon? Frankly, I'm not sure what we can find in this hospital, but going out there unarmed doesn't sound like a good idea." And then there's the matter with that other room that's locked on all fronts. "I noticed that there's a large room that's been locked all over. What's inside that room?"

Sei
June 11th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Rolanda A. Knox
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown (Evening)

...And flipped a bird at the unknown girl.

Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown (Late Evening)

The girl only smirks and raises an eyebrow in response to Rolanda's gesture. Shortly afterwards, she kneels down and reaches into her bag, fumbling around with its contents for awhile. Before long, she removed a small yellow box and waved it whimsically through the air. It doesn't take long for you to realize that it's a first aid kit.

"My my. And here I was thinking I might help out a fellow Dweller. Well... mind you I still intend on helping you. That's just the kind of person I am." The girl stands up, still waving the container, and slowly approaches the group. "However... I don't quite like having my generosity stepped on before I get the chance to be nice. You see... when people get bitchy at me, my natural defense is to be bitchy back. After all... as lowly as a method it may be... dominance does get you respect. And as someone who is clearly more familiar with this place... as well as being someone who is still able to walk on her own two feet for that matter... I'd have to say I'm on top. Wouldn't you agree, Ms. Alpha Dog?"

The girl shoots a wry smile down at the blue-haired girl before returning her attention to the rest of the group with a more friendly expression.

"Here," without warning, she tosses the kit to Toph and turns to return to her luggage, "I figure one of you should treat her. After all, she kind of flicked my bitch switch so I might cut her if I try. I've also got a couple of herbs and what I assume to be herbs in case one of you cares to make a magic potion for the little viper. But if none of you even knows what magic is, that's okay. I'm not the best at it, but I can do it."

Just a soon as she'd closed the gap between your group and her, she reestablishes it. She takes a seat on the floor in front of her bag and quickly begins to unload its contents. Placing can after can on the floor, she slowly builds up a decent looking menu of canned goods before taking out a pot, several sticks, and a handful of lighters. All the while, she seems eerily happy and unconcerned of your presence.

"So... what happened to you guys? I'm guessing it was the Cadavers, but Hannibals are known to run around this area every now and then."

100%


Merry
Abandoned School
Evening

Cautiously, Merry stepped closer to Makoto, extending a hand to hers to accept the bullets. Then, with a grateful bow, Merry silently thanked their savior.

Abandoned School
Time Unknown (Late Evening)

Without word or pause, the girl drops the bullets into your hand. Taking a step back, her attention strays away from you as she begins to examine the room yet again. Of the things you see her eyes lay upon, you notice the wall, your teacher, Aki, and Shizuka.

"Those are useless..."

The girl's eyes return to you as she reaches into her pocket yet again. This time however she doesn't pull out a handful of bullets but one. Furthermore, this one is clearly different from the others. Not only in design, but in the overall feeling the piercing round gave off.

"This one isn't."

Only allowing you to gaze at it for a couple of seconds, the black clad enigma begins to walk past you, placing the bullet in your hand as she does so.

"Use it wisely."

With her voice strolling off and her image leaving your vision, you quickly turn around to question her about what she'd just handed you. Unfortunately, she's already gone by the time you do. All that you are able to see is the hallway you came down. That... and a freshly carved arrow on the wall next to you.

Obtained 5 9mm Bullets.
Obtained 1 Red Shell.

Souma's Jericho
[Ammo = 5 (6). Bullet Strength = 35. Bullet Speed = Unavoidable]


Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building
Time Unknown

She spotted Haruka, with that one other guy whose name she couldn’t bother remember trying to wake her up, and smiled again, this time a more human-like smile.

She strode right nearby the sleeping girl, and keeled near her head, to then approach her ear with her mouth. “If you don’t wake up... I’ll grab them.”

Done whispering, she stepped back away fast, leaving the poor bloke beside her to deal with the ensuing reaction, if there was any.

Despite the amount of difficulty shown in waking up Haruka, she begins to lightly toss and turn in response to your words. Not before long, a peaceful grin begins to spread across her face accompanied by a mild expression of anger.

"Mmmm...Shishi-kun~ Are you getting bold today? ...So naughty..."

Blissfully unaware of the world outside of her dream, the brunette moves across the dusty floor and moves into Shizuka. Still soundly asleep, she pins the full extent of her weight against him as her hand slides between his legs. There is no time to react.

"...Tiny..."

A look of disappointment fills her sleeping face...

hero
June 12th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


"Oh, I think you mean the storage room." It was just a wild guess, to be honest, but that was the only place Fukuda Masahiro had seen that matched Keigo's description. "One of the doors is open. In fact, we were there just a while ago. It's mostly empty, nothing useful." He then gave everyone in the room a look in the eyes before continuing. He didn't know much about the mysterious Yamamoto, but he wasn't going to lie to him. "There is some kind of animal locked there and it looks dangerous, so we should avoid ever going there again."

Then, he placed something on Keigo's open hand. A rudimentary metal stick that could be hardly called a weapon. Maybe if Masahiro had not been serious about it, the boy would have thought it as a joke. But it was the truth: These four metal sticks were the only weapons available at the time. And now that they were five, one of them would have to go on unarmed.

And even though that, out of the entire group, Fukuda Masahiro was the one who desired to live the most, he had decided that he would be that person.

"You'll need it more than I will, that's for sure." A rather unexpected smirk showed up on his face. "I am more of a fist fighter, after all."

Bloble
June 12th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Classroom


"Those are useless."

A single phrase drifted through Tetsuro's scattered mind. It was just an ordinary sentence that one would use everyday, but to him, it held enough meaning to wake him up from his catatonia. There was no sense in sitting around being useless, after all.

He blinked, and looked at his bloodstained hands. With a repressed sigh, he rose to his feet like a ghostly spectre, wiping the blood from his hands onto his one pristine white lab coat until they were suitably clean and it was fit for a mad scientist.

He examined the room. One dead student. Shizuka being molested by the unconscious president and the so called 'crazy' Miss Fumi. One person just standing around bewildered, bless his soul, and Merry exchanging deadly contraband with the new student who had just slashed apart a giant monster dog with a knife that was most definitely not a kitchen utensil.

Yep, they were mostly fine.

Tetsuro took one last look at the remains of his dead student, and then tore his eyes from her corpse. He focused on the most important thing, the new student. Disciplining Shizuka could wait for later.

It was too late, however. By the time he had risen, the girl was gone.

Tetsuro frowned. "Students, form up." He said with false strength and confidence in his voice again. He took one of the tattered blankets and let it cover the remains of Tanaka Yumiko. "We're going now. Sorry for not noticing earlier, but we can't just leave another student alone to wander these halls, no matter how good she is with a blade. We're going after her." With a bloodstained lab coat, completely serious face, and bloody hands, the man looked less like a school teacher and more like a nutjob. But that was fine. If that was what it took to survive, Tetsuro would happily sacrifice his appearance.

He knelt and picked up his baseball bat from where it lay. He examined the makeshift weapon with a critical eye. It was more bloodstained than before, and he was sure he spotted a new dent or two, but otherwise it seemed to be in good enough shape for further use. "Mr. Shizuka, you have five seconds to remove yourself from our President before I put this on your permanent record." He said it jokingly, however. "You wouldn't want me to call your parents, now would you?" He glanced at the boy and raised an eyebrow.

"Ms. Fumi, you and Mr. Shizuka will carry the President. We don't have any time to waste in waking her up. What happened here was loud, and there are many things that could have possibly heard us. We're leaving in 60 seconds. Be ready by then, everyone."

He turned away from the class, and looked towards Merry, who stood on the side, alone. Merry had been the last one to talk to Makoto.

Tetsuro approached his mysterious student silently. He looked at Merry's closed hand. "Did she... give you anything?" He asked quietly.

Blackdeath6031
June 13th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

"Mmmm...Shishi-kun~ Are you getting bold today? ...So naughty..."

The moment he let his guard down, Shizuka found the distance between him and the prez had closed - and more. He recognised this position, but he expected it the least here of all places - by the prez, of all people. But rather than just pinning him down from above as she said that, she slipped her hand in between his legs...

"W-...Whoa, s-...stop it, Haruka-bu--"

Flustered, panicking and still unsure of what is happening, much less what to do, Shizuka froze. His jaw left itself hanging, cold sweat running down his face and something underneath twitched as the president....

"...Tiny..."

"W-wha..."
His eyes widened.
Not only did she refuse to wake up, but then that one sudden tease. And she ruined his dignity right after.

All in public.

"Oh geeez! Gah...!" He tried to think of a way to get out of the situation, but with his stunned mind he found such efforts in vain.

"Students, form up." He heard their teach announce. They were going to start moving.

...Yes! This is my chance!

"Sakaki-sensei, I can't really mo--" Not realising that he was speaking too softly, too meekly after all that had happened, Shizuka found himself cut off.

"Mr. Shizuka, you have five seconds to remove yourself from our President before I put this on your permanent record. You wouldn't want me to call your parents, now would you?"

...Wha....

Unable to take the verbal joke after all that has happened, Shizuka was stunned.
"N...No way....."

Caught up in sizzling rage, self-pity, depression and the hysterial paranoia that in this place everyone was against him, the boy couldn't help but start laughing softly as tears filled his eyes, blind and deaf to hear his instructions.

Mereo Flere
June 13th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Merry
Abandoned School
Late Evening

After "Makoto" left, Merry inspected the red bullet, wondering what it was that made this one so special. The idea that "red makes things go faster" came to mind, though Merry immediately felt silly for thinking it up.

Still...

The girl wouldn't lie; that was the feeling Merry got from her. For a moment, Merry gripped the bullets tightly, and resolved to use them when the time came.

"Did she... give you anything?" Tetsuro asked, more composed than Merry expected him to be. Looking up, Merry then held out the bullets for their teacher to see. At the same time, Merry looked past Tetsuro to see what the others had been doing during the "conversation" with the mysterious girl and frowned.

Shizuka had started to break down and cry. Merry couldn't be exactly sure why he was in that state, but there were plenty of reasons to choose from. Maybe he had been closer to Yumiko than Merry had thought - or maybe he had already lost hope, and expected the rest of them to meet the same fate. Maybe he was just crying over his own personal failings as a man; Merry hadn't seen him join the fight, after all.

Or maybe... he was crying because Haruka was on top of him. Even from this angle, Merry could get an idea of where Haruka's hand had gone.

...that was probably it. Haruka was pretty enough, and most of the male students at their school wouldn't mind being pinned down by her. Yet, here he was crying. Sure, being embarrassed was normal, but tears were a bit excessive.

Either Shizuka was more pure than Merry had thought, or...

Or Haruka was too heavy for him, and he didn't want to let anybody else know. It would explain why he hadn't gotten up yet, after all.

However, no good would come from leaving him in that state.

After some thought, Merry forced the bullets into Tetsuro's hands and walked over to Shizuka. Then, very carefully, Merry pried the unconscious girl off of Shizuka and set her aside. Then Merry turned to Shizuka, and tried to give him a warm smile. Unsure of what to say about whatever problem he had, Merry settled for giving him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"I'll carry her if you can't," Merry whispered. "Just focus on standing on your own feet."

Chaos Greyblood
June 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

As Keigo tested the sturdiness of the metal pipe by getting a feel of it and hitting the floor lightly a few times, he heard that the thing inside the storage room was some kind of animal. He was a bit disbelieving about it. "An animal? Right here in this hospital? It's a bit hard to believe, so sorry if I sound skeptical about that. I admit that it must be rather dangerous if you locked it up like that, though."

"So, does anyone remember how you got there? I could take a guess that you've undertaken the same ritual as I have. We should see if there's anyone else out there that needs a hand. The more people get together, all the better it will be for us."

He sat down for a bit, looking at the metal pipe in his hands and feeling as though this is one thing he's going to have to use for a while. He won't turn up his nose if there's an object that can be used as a weapon or a distraction. He needed to think about a plan to get out of here and find out the secrets behind the ritual. He hasn't run into some other beings besides the animal from the storage room he just heard about and he hoped that this won't happen often.

But he's fooling himself and there's no use to do so. Who knows what kinds of creatures he'll encounter.

"Do we have some kind of plan? What's going to be our move?"

Sei
June 15th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Abandoned School
Time Unknown (Late Evening)

With a soft groan, the sleeping president's eyes slowly begin to open to the scene developing around her. Dreary eyed, she sits up and blinks as she rubs her eyes and looks around. In the end, what draws her attention is the soft laughter of the boy beneath her. Her eyes go wide, her face turns a bright red, and her jaw goes slack.

As if choosing to ignore the problem at hand, Haruka examines the room once again, but can't ignore the compromising position she's in. Despite her face still burning red, her expression becomes calm and emotionless as she looks down at her classmate.

"...Shizuka-kun, what do you think you're doing?"

Obviously unable to deal with the reality of things, it would seem that Haruka decided to retreat into an improvised fantasy. It is through this fantasy that she comes to the conclusion that her classmate is at fault. Anyone can come to that conclusion through the inferno beaming through her eyes.

"Just what the hell were you trying to do to me, you little freak!?" Haruka bellows as she finally notices the other two closely watching the situation. "...And just what are you guys doing!? Merry-chan! Fumi-san! Did you two have any part in this!?"

Haruka continues to let off steam as her voice gradually becomes a timid whisper. As she recedes more and more into her own world, the look of shock on her face transforms into frightening yet comical. Eventually, as if waking from a bad dream, Haruka jumps up, finally removing herself from the innocent criminal.

"GANG BANG! That's it! You all knocked me out and were going to rape me! That has to be it! Why else would I be asleep in such a weird place!?"

And just like that, as if she'd been enlightened, Haruka's rage disperses as she becomes fully aware of the setting. The same girl who thought she had everything figured out just mere seconds ago becomes lost and dazed. As the confusion sets in, she backs into a wall, clutches her head with both hands, and sinks down to the floor.

"Hey... where are we anyway? ...Weren't we at school?"

Bloble
June 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Classroom
Late Evening


"Hey... where are we anyway? ...Weren't we at school?"

"Ah, it is nice to see you awake, Miss President." Tetsuro quickly pocketed the bullets in his hand and turned to face Haruka. "Unfortunately, that little ritual of yours had an... unexpected effect." While the teacher's voice was initially present, it hardened as he recalled how Justin had died. "Children, clear off, please. Let's give her some air."

Tetsuro approached Haruka and examined her. "Hm. You look fine, so that's good. You were awake for quite a while, and we were worried that you might not open your eyes." His eyes suddenly lit up, and Tetsuro groped around in his pocket for a few seconds before withdrawing Haruka's phone. "I believe this is yours." He held it out to the student. "Forgive me, but someone called you, so I had to answer in your stead."

Despite the recent death in the classroom, Tetsuro seemed almost light hearted as he spoke. "Don't worry about being assaulted, by the way. If anyone here had such an idea, they would not survive to carry it out." While he said the words in the same light-hearted tone, it was shocking just how different he seemed as he spoke those words.

He turned from Haruka, and walked back to the hole in the wall which had become their only exit. "We'll be leaving quickly, you'll have to rely on your fellow club members to explain the rest for you. Do stay careful, and try not to panic."

With those parting words, Tetsuro peeked his head out of the makeshift door, and eventually exited. He leaned forward to examine the arrow on the wall, and then looked back to check on his students.

He couldn't leave without them, after all.

Sei
June 15th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Kuromusi Haruka
Abandoned School
Time Unknown (Late Evening)

Background Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5729NpLUVkg)

It all happens so fast that I'm not sure what exactly to make of it all. Setting my odd awakening aside, Sakaki-sensei suddenly approaches me and just says that the ritual I did had some "unexpected effect", hands me my phone, and just walks on over to some gaping hole in the wall. We're in some place that looks like a classroom, but I know this isn't our classroom. The people here are the people I know, and yet I feel like they're not. And to top it all off, only a few people seem to be here and my head is threatening to split my body in two.

Realizing how dusty the floor is, I decide to get up while holding my head in my palm. In doing so, I feel as if I take in the first clean breath I have since I've awoken. As the air moves into my blood and the blood through my brain, I begin to notice all the things I should have noticed in the first place. Why is there so much blood everywhere? It almost as if I was subconsciously trying to bring it to my own attention while choosing to ignore it.

"...Just what the hell is going on?"

The pain has filled my head to the point where the question can no longer be contained.

My head is full of haze and agony and I fear I might soon lose myself. I need answers and all I'm getting are more questions. So, ignoring the teacher who was obviously hiding something, I unknowingly move towards where the red was most concentrated. The blood beneath the baby blue blanket has already soaked into the floor; however, what was seeping into the cover was still bright and wet. Knowing that I was about to uncover some great horror, my heart beats erratically, but my hand moves effortlessly as it tosses the blanket aside.

What I see is sickening.

"What is this..."

A pitiful pile of hair, meat, and bone is jumbled together at my feet. Everything else is squashed beyond recognition, but it doesn't take much to realize what this is.

"...WHAT IS THIS!?

All the warmth drains from my body and the contents of my stomach begin to bubble up. A lump of anxiety begins to form up in my throat and my mouth goes dry. I begin to sweat all over and I struggle to breath.

On the floor, not too far away, I see a familiar student ID.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?"

Haruka Sanity -5

Blackdeath6031
June 16th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

"I'll carry her if you can't, just focus on standing on your own feet."
Hearing a familiar voice whisper into his ear Shizuka rebooted his mind.

Carry her? What for? ....

Oh, that's right, we have to get outta here soon, or creeps like that one earlier'll be after us...

Starting to move his arm under Haruka's body to wipe his eyes of tears, he opened his mouth.

"Thanks, Merry-san, but I--"

"...Shizuka-kun, what do you think you're doing?"

And she wakes up. Not without good timing either. It could have been worse if Shizuka managed to bring his arm to wipe his tears, so he had to be thankful for that. But...

"Just what the hell were you trying to do to me, you little freak!? ...And just what are you guys doing!? Merry-chan! Fumi-san! Did you two have any part in this!?"

Unable to talk back against the loud, unreasonable scolding, Shizuka instead instinctively opted for whimpering, as he pressed his back against the floor.

"GANG BANG! That's it! You all knocked me out and were going to rape me! That has to be it! Why else would I be asleep in such a weird place!?"

Even after the prez stood up, Shizuka pushed against the floor with his hands to back away.
"I-....I...."
Unable to find the right words to bring up his defence, Shizuka immediately glanced toward his teacher as he spoke up.

"Don't worry about being assaulted, by the way. If anyone here had such an idea, they would not survive to carry it out."
Given the circumstances, and Tetsuro's badly-taken joke, Shizuka became - inwardly - even more defensive. The tears he had nearly wiped off were already pouring out, as though the YangTze dam under each eye had just simply collapsed.

But despite how awkward he knew it'd be, he grasped his will and steeled his external composure as Haruka changed the subject. In many ways than one, he had to admit his reputation and dignity was saved.

Clearing his throat silently as he stood up and straightened himself, he turned to watch what Haruka's reaction to their new location.

"...Just what the hell is going on?"

...This is bad.

He clicked his tongue as he unbuttoned his school coat.
"What is this...
"...WHAT IS THIS!?"
Her breathing grows audible and heavy, and sweat begins to drip from her face. Pacing toward her, the boy took of the coat.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?"

...And threw it around her back, before placing his hand on her head.

"C-..C'mon, p-prez...," Shizuka said, hoping she'd get back to her senses, at least for long enough to find a safe place to mourn their loss. "W..we h-have to... g-get outta h-..here soon..." His awkward speech and actions didn't do much to that effect though.

Pausing for a bit, Shizuka bent down and took the student ID of the late 'Tanaka Yumiko'. Looking at it as though it was a name card just given to him, Shizuka quickly pocketed the card. If anything could be done, all he could think of was to keep the card, their only memento of the girl. Their first priority is to survive, however. And to do that, they need to start moving.

Helias
June 16th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Odo Tougas
School Building
Time Unknown



A pitiful pile of hair, meat, and bone is jumbled together at my feet. Everything else is squashed beyond recognition, but it doesn't take much to realize what this is.

"...WHAT IS THIS!?

Upon hearing what Miss Haruka had to say, I chuckled. I take it she hasn't seen a corpse before. Why are so many people so squeamish?


On the floor, not too far away, I see a familiar student ID.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?"

I loudly sigh at Miss Haruka's blatant idiocy. It really shouldn't be hard to recognize an ID of all things. Oh well, someone has to explain it to her. Well, time to be reassuring. I hate having to be reassuring. It just isn't me.

"Miss Haruka." I speak to her loudly, with a compassionate tone. "In case you have not noticed, what you are looking at is the corpse of the late Tanaka Yukimo. I can tell that you are absolutely horrified by what you are looking at, but I must assure you that things could be so much worse than they are right now." I chuckle once more. "I mean, at least not all of us are bloody paste on the floor or in two pieces, right?"

Mereo Flere
June 16th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Merry
Abandoned School
Evening

If it had been anybody else, that behavior might have been acceptable. Normal people would, and apparently had, panicked and gone crazy in this environment. However...

Haruka was different. While everyone else had gone along with the idea, she was still the one who had brought out and started the ritual. She was the only one that continued to sleep, while everybody else was trying their best or dying.

Merry would have been understanding, and would've tried to help Shizuka calm her down. I, on the other hand...

I couldn't stand it.

The facade I had barely been clinging onto from the beginning started to slipped away further from my grip. I snapped a little - and even though I did my best to put myself back together there was still the fact that part of me had broken in the first place.

"This," I said bitterly, gesturing first to the remains of our school mate and then to the classroom around us. "This is Hell. Or close enough to it.

"...and you're the one that dragged us into it."

I stood up, stepping away from her in the process, unsure of what I might do if I stayed close to her. Fighting amongst ourselves would only throw our party into disarray... but there were still things I needed to say.

"This mess is primarily your fault. Justin's death is your fault. Yumiko's death is your fault. Some of the others may be already dead, and it's your fault. You're the last one who should be allowed to panic," I practically growled. "So hurry up, get a grip on yourself so the rest of us can try to survive!"

Blackdeath6031
June 16th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

"Miss Haruka. In case you have not noticed, what you are looking at is the corpse of the late Tanaka Yukimo. I can tell that you are absolutely horrified by what you are looking at, but I must assure you that things could be so much worse than they are right now. I mean, at least not all of us are bloody paste on the floor or in two pieces, right?"

His eyebrows twitched. Not only did this Tougas bastard not give due respect to the dead by getting Yumiko's name wrong, but he's trying to provoke Haruka (though, Shizuka bitterly admitted, it may well be due in part Tougas' alien background). True, it's better for her to know what's happening. True, he admitted reluctantly once again, sometimes its better to think that things COULD have been worse in order to get themselves out of the hole. But Shizuka was bugged that this way wasn't going to help much. In the end, it'd have been better if they all steeled themselves.

"This, this is Hell. Or close enough to it....and you're the one that dragged us into it. This mess is primarily your fault. Justin's death is your fault. Yumiko's death is your fault. Some of the others may be already dead, and it's your fault. You're the last one who should be allowed to panic, so hurry up, get a grip on yourself so the rest of us can try to survive!"


Coming this close to snapping, Shizuka pursed his lips and clenched his fists.
"Odo, Merry," Shizuka subconsciously left out his honorifics, and went straight to the first-name basis. "I think that's enough. Whatever it is, we still don't have time to waste. Tetsuro-sensei gave us sixty seconds to prep and get moving. So don't waste anymore time."

Trying his hardest to be firm but not violent, but it was still hard. Being one of the silent people in the classroom, and not being good around people didn't help his confidence and ability either. But he can agree with Tetsuro, definitely. He knows - as everyone here, Haruka included should - how much danger they'll be in if they stay for longer.

Mereo Flere
June 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Merry
School
Evening

I glared at Shizuka, wondering why he chose to speak up now of all times. I didn't wonder for long, of course; when I thought about it carefully, that guy had always been focused on Haruka.

It didn't matter if it was back in school or in this strange world. She'd probably had been on his mind for a long time now.

I almost wanted to laugh. Shizuka joined the club because of Haruka. He was there at the ritual because Haruka was there. Even during the battle, he was the one holding onto her - and afterwards he had even pinned her body against him. Those tears earlier - maybe it was because he was ashamed at how he was taking advantage of her while she was unconscious?

He wasn't crying right now, however. Knights didn't cry, after all, and he had taken up the role of a shining white knight for Haruka.

Shizuka was right, of course. We really shouldn't be wasting more time. But, that didn't change the fact that I was not wrong.

I smiled a twisted smile at Shizuka, before turning my gaze to the body that lay at Haruka's feet. Then, in a forced calm voice, I asked a single question.

"Between Haruka and Yumiko, which one do you think should have been saved?"

I wasn't there when the creature first attacked. However, I didn't have to be to know that Shizuka had made a choice back then - a choice on who to protect. The mere fact that Haruka had been alive in his arms was proof of that.

And so, I didn't wait for an answer. Instead, I walked past the rest - pausing only to give Tetsuro a look, knowing that he would want to reprimand me as a proper teacher would. "Be sure to grab the leg," I said, before he could give me any lectures, and continued on to wait outside in the hallway.

Bloble
June 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Hallway
Late Evening

As he heard Haruka's panicked cries behind him, Tetsuro cursed his own weakness once more. This was it. The result of failing. Haruka's reaction was what an ordinary person would react like if they had suddenly woken up to an unknown place and a dead friend. Yes, her reaction was normal.

It was everyone else that was abnormal. Normal students would be crying, screaming, and fearful. Normal students wouldn't fight a giant monster that had appeared in front of them. Normal students wouldn't tackle a monster about to kill them. Normal students wouldn't laugh at the suffering of others. The students of the Occult and Horror club, barring the president, were most certainly not normal.

And normal teachers wouldn't close their eyes to the pain of others. A normal teacher would have comforted his crying student, whispering that everything would be okay, becoming a shining beacon of hope for his class.

Well, he wasn't a normal teacher either.

Tetsuro closed his eyes and listened to the outbursts behind him. Harsh words, and even harsher truths. He couldn't deny them, not when he himself was riddled with guilt.

He was most surprised to hear Merry among the voices. He was certain that particular student would've stayed silent, but apparently the enigmatic youth had decided to break the vow of silence in the most overblown way possible.

Tetsuro met Merry's eyes as his student passed by him, and silently shook his head. "Later..." He whispered. "I'll have to scold everyone. But for now... we go."

Tetsuro glanced one last time at the crude arrow drawn into the wall, and continued down the hallway, his students at his back, and invisible danger before him, loading the bullets into his gun, one by one.

Helias
June 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Odo Tougas
School Building
Time Unknown
"This, this is Hell. Or close enough to it....and you're the one that dragged us into it. This mess is primarily your fault. Justin's death is your fault. Yumiko's death is your fault. Some of the others may be already dead, and it's your fault. You're the last one who should be allowed to panic, so hurry up, get a grip on yourself so the rest of us can try to survive!"

I twitch. Why did I twitch? I have no idea why I twitched. Maybe because what she said is really pissing me off? Probably that. I just know that I have to say something now. She's going to tear the whole group apart if she does this. I look over to Merry...

...and find that she isn't there anymore. Huh. I glance to the side, and notice her walking away, going past Mister Tetsuro. Don't know why, but this just makes me even angrier.

"Don't you walk away from me, Merry!" I shout at the top of my lungs, my voice filled with rage and hatred. I run over to her and grab her shoulder. "Are you trying to tear our group apart? Are you TRYING to make Haruka hate herself? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Odo, Merry, I think that's enough. Whatever it is, we still don't have time to waste. Tetsuro-sensei gave us sixty seconds to prep and get moving. So don't waste anymore time."

I quickly calm down and let go of Merry. Once again, I chuckle. "You know what, Mister Shizuka? You have a point." I start walking again, this time going right past Merry.

Blackdeath6031
June 16th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

"Between Haruka and Yumiko, which one do you think should have been saved?"

"Wha--...."

...Whe...Where'd that come from? A-...And from Merry? Of...of all people?

Even after she offered to help him too...why?

Gritting his teeth, Shizuka took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a second as he tried to calm his mind.

Don't talk as though you were here, damn it.

Drowning those words from his heart, the boy briefly glanced down at Haruka.
"C'mon."

Sei
June 16th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Kuromusi Haruka
Abandoned School
Time Unknown (Late Evening)
HP: 55/ MP: 0/Will: 15/Sanity: 10


Odo Tougas

"Miss Haruka. In case you have not noticed, what you are looking at is the corpse of the late Tanaka Yukimo. I can tell that you are absolutely horrified by what you are looking at, but I must assure you that things could be so much worse than they are right now. I mean, at least not all of us are bloody paste on the floor or in two pieces, right?"

Dammit... I know that this is Yukiko-chan! The tears welling up in my eyes make it even more difficult to tell, but this is definitely her. Some one who I was just talking and laughing with what seems like just a few minutes ago... And just why the hell is everyone so fucking calm about this!? Someone we know is fucking dead and where's supposed to just toss a blanket over her and act like things are just fine!? So what if things could be worse!? Is that supposed to blind me to this twisted reality!?

No... This can't be real! This has to be a dream... People don't just walk away from stuff like this!


Merry

"This... This is Hell. Or close enough to it... and you're the one that dragged us into it."

"This mess is primarily your fault. Justin's death is your fault. Yumiko's death is your fault. Some of the others may be already dead, and it's your fault. You're the last one who should be allowed to panic. So hurry up, get a grip on yourself so the rest of us can try to survive!"

...What is this?

Why is Merry-chan blaming me for this? I didn't even know she could speak... So why is it that the first time I hear her talk, she's blaming me for things I can't even wrap my mind around? Why am I being ridiculed when I barely have the mental capacity to stand? Yumiko's death? Justin's death?

...

Before I could even realize it, there is no sound, no feeling, no pain. There is only stillness and a singular thought. Justin is dead. Those three words echo in my head like bells in a fog. What little energy that is left in me is ripped from my body and I plummet to my knees. The chime of those three words resonate with a soul crushing sound.

"...Justin is dead?

My mind goes numb, but I remember it all. How I chanted the incantation for that ritual... How that shadow appeared before us... And how the most important person in the world to me was killed before my very eyes. The image itself threatens to overcome me with grief, but then the words of my classmates slither back into my head. This is Hell. You're the one that dragged us into it. At least not all of us are bloody paste on the floor or in two pieces. It's all you're fault... As if drowning in despair isn't enough, the words of those I would expect to comfort me coil around my heart and bite at my lungs. This world that I've awoken into... it's painfully and lonely.

---But why is that, Haruka-chan?

A distant voice calls out to me through the darkness. It's not my own or that of someone I know, but I feel as though it's the thoughts I've pushed away...

Why is it... why is it that the ritual worked?

I did the research and checked it all flawlessly. Even if we were successful in evoking some kind of magic ritual, with the measly energy a couple of average people could give off, a disembodied voice would be the best they could do. So why is it that they were attacked by a full-bodied monster? Why is it that they were in this hell?

---Because these people are not your friends. They could have stopped this, but they didn't. They are the reason you're here. Not you.

That's right... It makes sense now... According to her notes, the only way something like this is remotely conceivable is through the introduction of a variable which wasn't supposed to be there: magical energy... They all knew the risk that was involved, but they didn't believe enough in me to think that what I was doing was real. And that's why they don't care now. Because the real world doesn't matter when you can just bend it to your will...

For some reason, I find it so funny that I can't help but laugh.

"...You're all full of shit..."

100%

Haruka's Sanity -5.
Haruka's Will -10.

Helias
June 17th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Odo Tougas
School Building
Time Unknown

"...Justin is dead?

Once again, I chuckle. I mean, come on. Wasn't this obvious already? Did she really have to ask? Is she this stupid? I mean, come on. I expected something stupid, but blatant Captain Obviousness was a bit uncalled for. You know what? Who cares. Doesn't matter.'

But you know what was really uncalled for, my mind? This.


For some reason, I find it so funny that I can't help but laugh.

"...You're all full of shit..."

Well, that's rather odd. She went from pure terror and sadness to joy in seconds. Isn't that a sign of insanity? Pretty sure it's a sign of insanity. You know what else? I really don't have time to deal with insane schoolgirls. Well, guess I'll have to do something after all. I tried being reassuring, but then Merry did something.

I turn around, and walk over to Miss Haruka. "You know what, Miss Haruka?" I say in a perhaps too evil tone, "I really​ don't have time to deal with you." I raise my fist, and punch her in the face as hard as I can.

Mereo Flere
June 17th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Merry
Abandoned School
Evening

I would've just stayed away, had Odo not said anything to me. I would've waited in the hall, maybe cool down a little, even if I found it unlikely that I actually would. I had been mad...

But, I wouldn't have been as mad as I were now, had Odo not grabbed me.

My temper flared up again. My hand formed into a fist, desperately wanting to hit him, and I started to follow him back. I wouldn't do it, though; punching someone wouldn't be good for anyone. Still, I wouldn't remain silent, even though I knew that was the better course of action. The more I spoke, the more I would wish I hadn't spoken in the first place; that's how it always was, after all. But there was something I wanted to say.

...however, when he actually walked over to Haruka and punched her, I completely forgot those words. I instinctively moved to catch her, even though I part of me wanted to just let her fall. I couldn't, though, not while I was still able to do something.

I had said some unkind things to Haruka, but in my mind those words had still been justified. This, however... this was completely uncalled for. Knocking her out didn't do anything but prolong the problem - and, more than anything else, I had wanted her to face the consequences of the ritual with her own eyes, to understand that what everyone was going through because of her. But she wouldn't be able to, if people knocked her out again.

I was mad. Terribly mad. I wanted to let go of Haruka and attack Odo, both for grabbing me and punching her.

But I didn't.

Letting go would mean someone else would have to carry her - and there was nobody else who could take up that burden here. Not Odo, who had just punched her, nor Shizuka, who had possibly taken advantage of her, or even Aki, who was likely enjoying all of this right now. Perhaps Ethan and Tetsuro... but our teacher was our vanguard, and needed his hands free, and Ethan, well, I hadn't been paying attention to Ethan for a while now.

I glared at Odo, shaking with anger. As the one that had shouted Haruka in the first place, I probably didn't have the right to be angry with him over this, but I didn't care.

"I'll take care of her," I growled, glancing over to Shizuka as I did.

This time, it wasn't an offer of help. It was a declaration.

Bloble
June 17th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Hallway
Late Evening


"You know what, Miss Haruka? I really​ don't have time to deal with you."

As the punch landed on Haruka, and she slumped backwards, unconscious, a steady hand caught her.

Merry gently lay the girl down on the ground, while Tetsuro watched nearby with a solemn expression on his face. He covered the unconscious student with a blanket, and left her to Merry. Once he finished, he rose and turned to face Odo.

"That was unnecessary." He said calmly.

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, his hand was around the student's neck.

"You just injured one of your fellow students." Tetsuro said slowly as his hand tightened around Odo's neck with almost inhuman strength.

"Instead of helping Ms. Kuromusi, you chose to hurt her even more." Odo was lifted off the ground, Tetsuro keeping the student up with only a single arm, and looking none the worse for it.

"That wasn't a very nice thing to do." He did not squeeze, allowing Odo plenty of room to breathe and speak, but not loosening his grip in the slightest.

"Do not do it again." There was no anger on Tetsuro's face. Rather, it was an almost endless sadness.

"The next time someone wilfully injures a comrade, they will be given a punishment, not a warning." Tetsuro said as he gazed into Odo's eyes.

"Are we clear, Mr.Tougas? Please don't say something stupid, because I really don't have time to deal with you."

I3uster
June 17th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Maiko Kisaragi
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

Maiko was wary of the new person. It was just too convenient to meet a random stranger in here, with a perfectly prepared origin story, seemingly unfazed by the state of this hospital.
But being paranoid and unfriendly towards the newcomer wasn't like her. She was willing to give him a chance, who knows, maybe it was just her getting paranoid after what happened. As she listened to Masahiro and Keigo conversing, she fumbled around with the necklace Masahiro gave her.

Then Masahiro gave the new guy the pipe. The pipe Masahiro could use to protect himself. He gave the new guy his life. She knew that he was an adept fistfighter, true, but against what they may face, the range of the stick was a lifesaver regardless.
But this was no reason to get angry at the new guy. After all it was Masahiro who gave up the stick. She shouldn't blame the new guy for this, and trying to talk Masahiro out of his heroic deed was akin to defiling him.
The problem was how the Keigo responded:

"An animal? Right here in this hospital? It's a bit hard to believe, so sorry if I sound skeptical about that. I admit that it must be rather dangerous if you locked it up like that, though."
He didn't say "Thank you very much". He didn't say "Thanks". He didn't even give him some sort of approving nod, or a thumbs up, or any sort of expression of gratitude.
At this point Maiko tried her best not to utterly despise the newcomer. She didn't want to make Masahiro's gift go to waste after all, no matter who recieved it.

"So, does anyone remember how you got there? I could take a guess that you've undertaken the same ritual as I have. We should see if there's anyone else out there that needs a hand. The more people get together, all the better it will be for us."
"N-nobody d-d-d..." She barely managed to formulate the word she was so afraid of "d-died when you p-performed that r-ritual?"

"Do we have some kind of plan? What's going to be our move?"
"W-we n-need to get out o-of here...t-the stairs...the e-elevator does not w-work anymore...w-we need to f-find the s-stairs..."
She didn't look anybody in the eyes as she made her next suggestion, still fumbling around awkwardly with her necklace.
"L-let's p-pack up all the useful s-stuff and g-go d-down, don't you a-agree M-Masahiro?"

Blackdeath6031
June 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

"You know what, Miss Haruka? I really​ don't have time to deal with you."

Those words were enough for Shizuka to turn his head, in time to witness the strike. Frowning, he looked at Tougas. "Was that really necessary?"

Letting out a sigh he looked back at Haruka to see Merry had caught her. Acknowledging that, he nodded.
"I'll take care of her." Merry's glare at him was, Shizuka thought, surprising. But after what happened, regardless of why Merry acted like that to him, it wouldn't have to take a Sherlock Holmes to understand that Merry considered him to have some form of affection for Haruka. All that considered, such hostility made a bit of sense.

"Up to you, Merry-san." Shrugging, Shizuka said, looking at all those left in the room before strolling out.

"C'mon then..."

Optimus
June 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mark Walker
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

Tch.

Deep down, Mark Walker wished to strangle the newcomer with his bare hands, chop his meat and inner organs and use salt to conserve it for later supplies, but he chose to stay silent and listen to the ongoing conversation while eating. He decided to stop eating a bit before his stomach was completely full. It was a trick he'd learned from that person. Getting too full dumbs the mind and slows down the body, and a bit of hunger always sharpens the senses.

-"Hmm... We could grab some clothing from the linen room and use them to make some kind of rope to descend a few floors faster, either through the stairs or through the Hospital's walls.

Deep down his mind he wished that Keigo guy would be first to try it and the thing that'd killed the cat would find him, but he knew Masahiro would be stupid enough to go ahead and try to go first.

But most likely, given what was here, it might not be such a good idea unless we've got some kind of backup plan. Like, anyone here does hiking or something like that? If none here does I wouldn't bet on our success, so it seems like we'll have to take the stairs. Now, about supplies. This is one heck of a place, and we don't know how long we'll have to stay here, that's for sure. However, keeping too much food with us might not be a good idea, since it could slow us down from a potential threat like you know, the one in the corridor.

We're in the 8th floor. A fall from this distance can be mortal, so let's be careful when taking the stairs. If you hear any strange noises, instead of panicking like idiotic little girls, report inmediately to the rest of the group and take defensive measures. We should have some kind of safe word, like "Headcrab!" or something like that. If you gotta go to the bathroom for whatever reasons, especially the girl over there, keep someone besides you and the door open. This isn't the time to be embarassed or worrying about a dick contest. We've got to think coldly and fast, or we're mince meat."

He needed to speak more to himself than to the others, to keep his own mind cool and clean of any distractions. He needed to survive no matter what. He needed to become stronger, so he could find him.

However, he could not take out from his head Masahiro's words. He was a nice man.

Is it really worth it?

-"Masahiro. Catch."

Mark rolled his own stick towards Masahiro, expecting he would take it. "Fighting's never been my thing. I'd think it'll be more useful to you than me."

hero
June 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


We should see if there's anyone else out there that needs a hand. The more people get together, all the better it will be for us.

Fukuda Masahiro clenched his fist so hard, that it almost seemed as if he was hurting himself. He didn't seem to be aware of it himself, but to everyone else it was something easy enough to notice.

"No..." He said, aware of this painful choice he had to make. "Sorry, but I can't do that... Keigo. I promised Sakaki-sensei I would take my classmates out of this place in one piece. I don't want them to go through unnecessary risks, so our plan is to follow the easy way out. If we find someone, we'll help. But we won't go out of our way to look for any other survivors."


"L-let's p-pack up all the useful s-stuff and g-go d-down, don't you a-agree M-Masahiro?"
"Yeah, let's go with that." He answered, with a small smile to lighten up the mood. "We'll be out of here in no time."

Granted, Masahiro knew it wouldn't be that easy. Something told him that the 'exit' Nao had mentioned in her writings was probably not the door that led outside of the 'hospital'. But he couldn't give up now, not when his life and that of four others depended on his will power. He had to stand strong so they could do the same.


"Hmm... We could grab some clothing from the linen room and use them to make some kind of rope to descend a few floors faster, either through the stairs or through the Hospital's walls."
"That's actually... Not such a bad idea." The boy commented. "But it's too dangerous. I say take the stairs at our own peace, instead. It shouldn't take us too much to reach our destination, anyways."


Mark rolled his own stick towards Masahiro, expecting he would take it. "Fighting's never been my thing. I'd think it'll be more useful to you than me."
"..."

Fukuda stared at the metal stick for a second, and then at his friend. Masahiro seemed hesitant of taking it if it would mean putting one of his classmates in danger. However, looking at the boy in the eye, he saw that this was the decision Mark Walker had taken and nothing he could say would make him change his mind. So he picked up the metal stick, but not because he needed it and not because it made him feel any more safe.

Fukuda Masahiro picked it up out of respect.

"Roger." He said. "Then make sure to stay behind me, okay? I'll protect you with all I have."

-------

There were a lot of questions with no answer.

There was the pain of knowing that many before them did not make it; and the hope of returning safely to their homes.

There was a reason to live.

It was all a mix of convoluted emotions.

They had to continue.

The group finally reached the door that would lead them to the staircase.

"Let's go, everyone."

And the door was opened.

Chaos Greyblood
June 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Time unknown
Hospital

He turned see the girl that opened him. She seems rather shaken and under duress as she asked about the other people that participated in the ritual. He has to make sure he is crystal clear with the reply as he made a sad sigh. "Unfortunately, I'm not totally certain about my other friends as I have already mentioned. For all i know, they may have already died or gone missing and as I had proposed, we could be looking for them just to confirm if they ended up in this place, but looks like Masahiro has stated that this is too risky and I'd have to be an idiot if I went out to search them by myself after I had just found you all."


Keigo needed to keep his wits about him. From what he managed to hear, things weren't exactly going well but they have managed to survive whatever they had to confront. If there's a reason why he didn't look too perturbed is because he hasn't gotten to experience the same things the group had prior to his arrival. Seeing is believing, after all, and what reason could he have in being outright scared about things he didn't get to see? There was a bit of tension between him and the group due to this and he needed to be honest with them just before they would move out.

"If I don't look too shaken, I have to apologize." He started speaking. "I was out like a light when all of this began, but I am a bit out of sorts concerning this ritual. I'm still very confused as to how I got here, why I managed to stay alive when my other friends may have not and then you told me about this animal that's locked up in the storage room. I suppose I should thank you for that or that thing could have hunted me down alone, whatever it is. At this time, I'm going to stay that this ritual may have come true instead of trying to deny it. It'll get me nowhere otherwise."

For now, Keigo had to agree with Masahiro's course of action. As long as there was a chance to proceed and keep surviving, he may get some answers. He hears him call to everyone and they begin to stick together as they begin to move.

"Alright, lead the way. I'll put this pipe to good use where you need me to. Let's survive!"

Airen
June 17th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Akira Kurogane
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown, Evening

I had always been taught that the emergence of even a single new variable was enough to constitute a change in plan, and when I heard the front door of the lobby open with a loud thud, my adrenaline rushed body turning without a thought to confront the source of the noise, I knew that, for better or for worse, me and Troph wouldn't be leaving to find supplies after all.

A new girl had appeared, and with her appearance, the situation once again became something that I couldn't predict with the current information I possessed about our current situation. There was no way to tell if the rather stealthy woman was friendly or not, and because of that, it was no longer safe to just leave the others alone in what I had assumed was a rather safe place.


"Ah... Looks like I managed to beat nightfall. Guess I'll just have to stay here for the time being... Oh well."

Her voice carried across the room rather well for someone who was speaking so quietly, and her tone of voice didn't betray any sort of malevolent intention towards anyone, but that may have been because-


"Ah. Are you newbies? Judging by how fresh your clothes look, I would have to say that you are."

-She hadn't actually noticed us until this point.


"Oh? That looks pretty bad. I guess someone made their first mistake, huh?" She speaks with a voice that doesn't show amusement, yet it doesn't exactly sound serious enough given the situation. "I'm guessing... no one here can perform healing magecraft or some form of spiritual surgery?"

Healing magecraft?

Spiritual sorcery?

The words themselves made sense in a technical way, but even with the things I had seen in the past hour, acknowledging the existence of that sort of thing just didn't sit too well with me...

While I had been a bit lost in thought, trying to make sense of what exactly was going on, Rolanda, who was laying a few feet next to where I stood, moved more than she had in awhile, her right hand slowly rising into the air as if she had something important to let the others know-

“Rolanda...”

I couldn't help but sigh her name in disbelief as I watched her make a rather rude hand gesture towards the girl, who hadn't seemed to have done anything wrong in her interactions with myself and the other members of my group.

The strange girl merely raised her eyebrows at this gesture, before rummaging through her possessions and coming out with a yellow box that, from the look of it, seemed to be a first aid kit.


"My my. And here I was thinking I might help out a fellow Dweller. Well... mind you I still intend on helping you. That's just the kind of person I am." The girl stands up, still waving the container, and slowly approaches the group. "However... I don't quite like having my generosity stepped on before I get the chance to be nice. You see... when people get bitchy at me, my natural defense is to be bitchy back. After all... as lowly as a method it may be... dominance does get you respect. And as someone who is clearly more familiar with this place... as well as being someone who is still able to walk on her own two feet for that matter... I'd have to say I'm on top. Wouldn't you agree, Ms. Alpha Dog?"

...Maybe I should stop this before Rolanda goes and does something that will make her condition worse, or stop this girl from giving us the much needed medical supplies.

But before I could come up with anything to say, the girl in the sailor style school uniform tossed the kit to Troph, her expression as casual as ever as she went back to sorting through her things.


"I figure one of you should treat her. After all, she kind of flicked my bitch switch so I might cut her if I try. I've also got a couple of herbs and what I assume to be herbs in case one of you cares to make a magic potion for the little viper. But if none of you even knows what magic is, that's okay. I'm not the best at it, but I can do it."

...Magic potion?

Perhaps it was best not to question things in this world too much? I had already seen monsters, witnessed what was either magic, or some sort of super ESP, (Which wasn't much higher on the scale of 'realistic' than magic) and been confronted with absolutely no real reaction from my teammates when they had discovered I could basically fire 'mind bullets.'

I was already in a weird situation, seeing someone brew a magic potion would probably be way more mundane than what I had already observed today.

“Let me see the kit Troph, it looks like we're gonna be staying here a bit longer after all,” It was probably just because I was a bit paranoid about Rolanda's deteriorating health, but I had decided to gather my nerve and do my best with the necessary medical work.

No wimping out just because I didn't like that sort of pressure, I could do this, I lacked a large amount of real experience yes, but I knew the basic procedures behind the treatment of such wounds...

I just had to think of it like a puzzle, something that needed to be solved quickly and accurately, if there was something like Saline to clean out the wound, and some sterile bandages, Rolanda's prospects for the future would be looking quite a bit brighter...


"So... what happened to you guys? I'm guessing it was the Cadavers, but Hannibals are known to run around this area every now and then."

Having taken the medical kit from Troph, I did my best to shake off the feeling of pressure; if everyone helped with this, we could be done a lot quicker...

“We were attacked by some humanoid beings. I don't know the name, but they had gray skin and razor teeth, they traveled in groups, seemed to be blind, and pretended like they were slow.” Washing my hands with the antibacterial soap I had found in the kit, I began to unroll the bandages, wondering if the Saline solution I found in here would work for flushing out such a deep wound...

I was pretty sure it would...

Doubting myself again, look at me, the picture of confidence...

Of course, I wasn't used to doing this, and had been actively trying to avoid doing it until a moment ago out of some small sense of fear, so I guess it was okay for me to be a bit apprehensive.

“Rolanda, you can hear me right,” I was pretty sure she was conscious, but it was probably a good idea to check to make sure, “I'm gonna take off these makeshift bandages okay? It may hurt a bit, but you'll have to bear with me, okay?”

I didn't think Saline solutions stung, but it was best to cover all the possibilities early on, just in case I was wrong.

“Evgenia,” calling out for my classmate, I smiled nervously, “Could you help me with this? I don't want to mess up.”

It was a genuine concern.

Mereo Flere
June 17th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Merry
School
Evening

I blinked when Tetsuro appeared in front of me - his arms reaching around Odo's neck. I hadn't considered what he would do, how he would react... and, though I could understand why he had finally lost his patience, it was still shocking to see him actually act this way. Compared to the way Tetsuro normally acted, it was just too different.

For a moment, I was glad that I hadn't tried to attack Odo after all. I didn't want to have Tetsuro turn that same anger towards me. Still, I couldn't help but feel a little guilty.

I still believed I had been right. Whenever I spoke, my words were only truth. Yet...

I had been angry, and I hadn't thought things through at all. If I had chosen to stay silent like I always had before, things wouldn't have turned out this way. But my anger had been the cause for this turn of events and I had torn what unity of the group we had had apart, just as Odo accused me of.

If I hadn't said anything, Tetsuro wouldn't have had to hurt one of his students.

I looked away, a small frown on my face. I didn't like seeing him like this, after all. Instead, I focused on getting Haruka on my back; it was easier to carry someone like that than in my arms. Then, when I was sure that she was secure, I stood up.

Shizuka was already out the door. For some reason, I felt a little guilty about that as well. Still, I followed him out there, ready to leave, and when I stepped beside him I said nothing. There was nothing I could say, except to stir trouble.

Helias
June 17th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Odo Tougas
School Building
Time Unknown

"That was unnecessary."

Well, that's just your opinion, Mister Tetsuro. Just because you think I didn't have to hit her doesn't me I-

My train of thought is completely halted when Tetsuro's hands close around my neck. What the fuck? Why is my teacher trying to choke me?

Because he is a monster.

Oh hey, it's the evil voice again. How many times do I have to tell you to shut up before I take the hint?

Tetsuro is still speaking, but I can't tell what he's saying.

A teacher would not harm his students. He is no teacher. He is a monster. Kill him.

Will you ever shut the hell up?

I feel a sudden chill, and begin to sweat profusely. Almost as if something is trying to control me.

He is a monster. He is an enemy. He must DIE.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD IT HURTS MY HEAD HURTS GET OUT

I have a knife hidden inside my boot at all times for occasions like these. My eyes begin to emit an eerie silver glow...

"Are we clear, Mr.Tougas? Please don't say something stupid, because I really don't have time to deal with you."

That one sentence snaps me out of my trance. I don't know why a simple question would stop me from what I was about to do.

"Thank you," I whisper very quietly, but loud enough so that only Tetsuro and I could hear what I said. "Yes, I understand," I say, speaking much louder this time. "Can you please put me down now?"



Activating Mystic Eyes of Recollection, Use 2
Use 2:
[Grants limited insight on events which are about to occur.]

Bloble
June 17th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School - Hallway
Late Evening (Time Unknown)

"Of course, Mr. Tougas."

Tetsuro gently released his student to the ground. He gave the boy one final, sorrowful look, and sighed. "We both acted with too much haste here, Odo." This time he opted for the less formal method of saying his student's name. Tetsuro looked at the hand he'd used to lift up Odo with disgust, as if it was a weapon he didn't want to use. "While your use of violence against Ms. Kuromusi was unwarranted, so was my use of violence against you. For that, I apologize. This place is dangerous. It makes us do things that we would not normally consider."

The teacher left the room before Odo could reply, sparing one last painful glance at Yumiko before averting his gaze. He burned the sight into his eyes, swearing never to forget it.

"We're going." He whispered as he passed by Shizuka and Merry, not brave enough to meet their eyes after what he had just done.

So instead of facing his fears, Tetsuro walked down the corridor to hell, following the directions of an enigmatic woman.

Blackdeath6031
June 18th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

Noticing Sakaki confront Tougas, Shizuka decided to leave the outcome to their teacher's discretion. Feeling satisfied, he started nodding to himself but soon stopping as he realised Merry had appeared beside him.

Waiting for the rest to ready themselves, the boy looked toward the darkness before them.

C'mon, brother. The both of you are alone...After that silly farce that clubmate pulled off when you were trying your hardest to....

A familiar voice spoke out, but 'brother'? Seriously? After all these years, this is the first time they ever called him that. But really, Shizuka noted - more calmly than he had earlier - it hasn't spoken up for a long time, until they came to this place. Shizuka chuckled. It must be the atmosphere and stress.
Besides, there's no reason to resort to inward violence, especially at this time.

Oh please. I'm not the only one who's wondering how their **YMXVB2Q** tastes, right? I mean, what's there to lose?! Gahahahah...
The audible sound of someone licking their lips, from a direction unknown to him.

... ... ...
What? D...Did I hear correctly?

Frowning as Shizuka contemplated what he heard, his muscles tensed as he felt a sudden presence from behind.

"We're going."

The pressure of someone scary coming from behind, with such strong killing intent and bloodlust instantly dissipated as their teacher popped up, just as suddenly as Merry had.

Shizuka jumped, instantly jumping to the conclusion that their teacher had come to backstab them. But he straightened himself as he saw and felt the solemn aura around Sakaki.


"Yes sir."
Not wanting to make anyone else feel uncomfortable, he replied promptly before following their teacher. He didn't want to be left behind, and likewise, he expected everyone else to be right behind them.

Sei
June 18th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown, Late Evening

After neatly sorting out the contents of her bag on the floor, the enigmatic girl turns back around, unwrapping a broken snack bar, and cooing in delight at the scene before her. As the soft crunch of the granola fills her ears, the innocent concern of the young man for his friend filled her heart. Of course she was expecting someone to treat the girl, but not with such urgency. The scene filled her with so much joy in fact, that for anyone looking on, it would be hard to tell if the grin on her face is stemming from the taste of her snack or the emotions between these strangers.


Akira Kurogane

“We were attacked by some humanoid beings. I don't know the name, but they had gray skin and razor teeth, they traveled in groups, seemed to be blind, and pretended like they were slow.” Washing my hands with the antibacterial soap I had found in the kit, I began to unroll the bandages, wondering if the Saline solution I found in here would work for flushing out such a deep wound...

"Ah. I see." The girl responds with a mouthful of food shortly before swallowing. "Those are definitely Cadavers. Nasty little critters those things are..."

Still with an unusually cheerful tone and expression, the girl gobbles down the rest of her food and licks the chocolate which melted onto her fingertips. With the first snack down, she reaches over to the tidy pile next to her and retrieves another, all while peering at the bloodied girl.

"Soooooo lemme guess," the girl grins and sticks one finger in the air, "After figuring that they were blind, that girl lunged in all willy-nilly and tried to attack them by herself. Am I right?"

Despite her apparent eagerness to help the group, it's becoming apparent that this girl has a habit of kicking someone while they're down. Such is bad enough on its own, but added to the fact that she seems so nonchalant about it is making it worse.

"Well, I can't say it's uncommon. Usually, two to three people die when that happens. So congrats! Although... I've gotta say that most people have the sense to seek shelter when they end up in a weird place. And this place is way beyond weird. My, my. You guys didn't think this building was some kinda diabolical trap or something, did you?"

The girl laughs innocently, yet mockingly, as she continues to watch Rolanda get patched up. Recalling that she'd picked up another treat for herself, the girl begins to unwrap her second granola bar.

"I guess it's a good thing I showed up when I did then. After all, I'd hate to think of what a couple of freshies like you would do if you made the mistake of wondering out at night... So, have you guys checked out the info wall on the second floor yet? Seeing how as you're going to be here for awhile, I recommend you make yourself familiar with the stuff there."

100%


Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

There were a lot of questions with no answer.

There was the pain of knowing that many before them did not make it; and the hope of returning safely to their homes.

There was a reason to live.

It was all a mix of convoluted emotions.

They had to continue.

The group finally reached the door that would lead them to the staircase.

"Let's go, everyone."

And the door was opened.

Hospital Building
Time Unknown (Late Evening)

Background Music (http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=gRIW3P9iOSs)

Deciding to leave the "safety" of the Linen Room behind, you and your group make your way out towards the stairs. The doorway offers little in the way of resistance and swings open on its hinges as if they were new. Cautiously stepping into the small area, you notice nothing out of the ordinary and motion the rest of your party to follow after you.

Having already made up your mind, you make your way to the downwards stairway in hopes that it will take you to the first floor. Briefly, you take note of the dim light at the top of the upwards climb and can't help but notice how it keeps going in and out. On the edge of the lighting, you manage to make out part of a human shadow, but it remains unmoving. Questioning whether or not there might be another person, you pause for a moment to observe more. However, once you do, the shadow disappears with the next flicker of the light. Beginning to feel uneasy, you continue on your way, albeit much quieter.

As you move down, you pass floor after floor in complete silence. Unlike the eighth floor, the floors to pass are riddled with a number of eerie noises. Sounds like bugs crawling in the walls, raw meat slapping against the floor, and metal dragging along the ceiling all echo throughout the closed-off area and become louder the further you go down. The exits to every floor are boarded off, but the wood that holds the doors back have begun to splinter and swell red. Even though you find yourself curious as to what is making the noises around you, it is impossible to even glimpse through the small door windows.

Eventually, you make it down to the third floor and find that your descent has been impeded. A large quantity of concrete, metal, and glass has fallen and barricaded the way down. The odd thing being, you can't see or even justify where it all came from. It was as if someone placed it there for the sole purpose of impeding your path. And sure enough, when you turn towards the exit, you find that it is untouched unlike the floors before. One the wall next to it is another message in red.

Don't get caught ♥ -Nao

Setting the questionable message aside, you slowly open the door before you and reveal the third floor to your group. What you see is a horrible sight.

The floor is much darker than the sparsely lit eighth floor, but that doesn't stop you from making out every detail. The floor, walls, and ceiling alike are in a semi-liquid-like webbing and the stagnant smell of death is almost overwhelming. Rotting corpses of humans and creatures alike hang on the wall as if throw around blindly for decoration. On the floor are loose innards and crumbling bones.

The sight gives you pause, but you will yourself forward knowing that you don't want to wait around for whatever did this. However, as you and your group cross the threshold, you hear a scratching noise coming from the other end of the hall. Slowly, you watch as something which can only be described as an abomination turns the corner and sets its eyes on you. Its fish like eyes jump from person to person and its deadly teeth rattle around in its fleshy jaw as it begins to salivate.

Avoiding it doesn't seem like an option...


http://i46.tinypic.com/29wtu9j.jpg

Encountered Beelzebub

Chaos Greyblood
June 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Time unknown
Hospital

It's been quiet, too quiet.

Coming down the stairs in order to reach the 1st floor has been uneventful, so to speak. Keigo kept close watch as the group keeps with its descent. He wishes that things could go quietly and smoothly just the way they are right now; he needs to trust these people because he wants to be able to stay alive and get out of this mess he's in. If things could proceed exactly as they were, everything will turn out alright in the end and just dismiss this event as a terrible if inconsequential happenstance.

Unfortunately, it is wishful thinking at best. Few things in life can go as smoothly.

"We're getting closer to the first floor now." He spoke in a hushed tone, as though speaking too loudly may attract unwanted company as they proceed further and further. "If we're able to get out of this hospital, we should concentrate on our next move and..." Keigo trailed off as he noticed the strange barricade that blocked the door as they approached the area. All this amount of metal, glass and concrete doesn't seem possible at first glance. Was there some earthquake, perhaps? He quickly ruled it out no sooner he took a quick glimpse at the roof above the door as the debris didn't come from there. Rather, something or someone gathered all of it for some strange reason, but Keigo is baffled as to how or why this happened.

"How could there be such an amount of debris blocking our way? It doesn't look logical." Then he took notice of a small message in red as the group turns towards the exit. Keigo taskes a quick reading as he tells the others of this finding.

Don't get caught ♥ -Nao

"What? It's written along with a heart? And who might this Nao be? Does anyone know her?" For a filmmaker like Keigo, this seems like a sort of cheap message that served half as a warning and half as a joke coming out of some horror movie pertaining a serial killer on the loose inside a hospital. Nevertheless, he can't write this off as a sick joke, but he can't help but wonder if they're alone.

Then he felt a dark voice echoing in his mind. It came to him fast and fierce as though it was telling him something very important. You fool! Can't you see it?! There's something in here! Take a look now!

And then the sight of a horrible creature greets them. It is something that had to be seen to be believed as this thing looks to be an arachnid type of creature with small and active eyes, long limbs, a large countenance and large fangs. It doesn't appear that you'll be able to get around or try to evade this creature and Keigo knows it. His body shakes for a moment as the sight of the arachnid-like creature disgusts and scares him. He can't afford to be afraid right now.

Damn it! This thing is blocking the way! What can we do to get past it?!

Verg Avesta
June 20th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Rolanda A. Knox
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown, Evening

Her conscious was now fully awake. The rage was the best fuel to keep her mind going, and thus, she was finally aware of what was happening around her. The arrival of the new person, their current environment, the prospect of a somewhat safe haven…

Rolanda kick-started her thought process and began analyzing the information once again.

The situation itself had started to resemble more and more the survival horror novels she had sometimes read as a past-time. The fact that they had gotten away from the monsters would mean that these “Cadavers” would have been nothing more than small fries in this world. Considering they had to resort into large groups to hunt, there would need to be more dangerous beasts around, things they could not take down alone. That was only logical.

Therefore, how come such an obvious place had become a safe haven for travelers in this mysterious dimension? To be honest, Rolanda found it all laughably coincidental. A large building, something you could see easily from the distance and which would definitely attract attention, was the bastion of safety in this realm? Although the barricades were clearly sturdy, she knew that there would be things out there, judging from the physique of Cadavers, which would probably rip apart such contraptions. So, the question was in the air: How come this place was “safe” though most of the facts told otherwise?

Rolanda did not trust this place a one bit. A single girl who was supposed to be their proof of people living here, and yet there numerous signs of more people having lived here?

The detective in Rolanda’s heart sneered at such contrived solution. There was something in this whole deal that put her off. Something she was going to reveal.


"After figuring that they were blind, that girl lunged in all willy-nilly and tried to attack them by herself. Am I right?"

Yeah, solve……after I’ve inflicted enough pain to make this girl’s mind break.

Rolanda sadistically swore this in her mind. Nothing could be seen from her face, but in her mind, she was already conceiving ideas on how to torture this girl, who had stepped on her pride in such a way.


“Rolanda, you can hear me right? I'm gonna take off these makeshift bandages okay? It may hurt a bit, but you'll have to bear with me, okay?”

It was that club-member again, Akira. It seemed that she was going to take care of her wounds, and was fearing that she would trash around when confronted with the pain of removing the current bandages. Rolanda nearly snickered at such an idea, but decided against it. Instead, she focused her slowly regaining strength to speaking. If this young woman was going to take care of her wounds, she would at least make sure it was done properly.

“…A….al…..alright.”

The first word she had spoken in some time.

“Bu…but. I need you to follo….w. My advice……perfectly.”

With every word, she was regaining her ability to speak. And as she began to speak more, her brains started to dig up information from deep within her. The information she then relayed to Akira. And it was not just common information about taking care of wounds, no. This was high-level medical information that was recited almost as if came straight from the book. It was clear that either Rolanda had actually committed numerous books about medical attention and treating different types of wounds into her memory, or that there was something else going on. The perfect recital of the information and then telling it to Akira was even somewhat unnerving, considering Rolanda was staring into emptiness the whole time she spoke.

But there was one thing that was for sure. The information Rolanda relayed would be for help. It was no guess-work, nor hazy, dug-up memories, but pure and straight facts that would get her into better shape, and enhance the help of the work Akira was already doing.

hero
June 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown



"What? It's written along with a heart? And who might this Nao be? Does anyone know her?"

"..." Fukuda Masahiro frowned. He didn't like what the message implied at all. "I think we should be more careful from now on."

The situation was getting worse. With that barricade blocking their path, reaching the first floor through the stairs no seemed impossible. But that was not the most worrying fact. All that rubble had been placed there on purpose; it had not been caused by an earthquake. But was it meant to prevent the survivors from escaping...

Or was it there to protect them from something else?

The latter made more sense to Masahiro. That girl, Nao, had mentioned that there were many monsters in the basement. The linen room on the eight floor had served as a refuge for the people here to rest. He didn't have enough information to reach the truth, but his best guess was that the survivors had placed all that rubble there to prevent some of the monsters from getting upstairs. They had either given up on escaping the place, or they had concluded that going down through the stairs was not the best road to safety.

One thing was for sure, though: If Nakami Nao had reached the first floor and escaped the building; it had not been through the stairs. He wanted to think that, as questionable as the message was, it was supposed to be a sign that they were on the right track. Just like Hansel left a trail of bread crumbs to later find their way back home; Nao's messages could be leading them to the escape route she had found.

"Let's see if we can find a way down through the third floor. There should be one." He said, confident, as he opened the door that led there.

"Guh." The smell of death that came from the other side was almost unbearable, and Masahiro himself was forced to cover his nose with the sleeve of his jacket. He closed the door immediately after that but, needless to say, it had been enough for everyone to take a peek at what awaited them on the other side.

Once again, Fukuda Masahiro was faced with a dilemma.

To expose his classmates to a horror which they surely had not experienced before in order to get one step closer to their grand escape, knowing that it would probably put their lives as risk doing so...

Or find another, safer, way.

And, as much as he liked the second choice the best, he ended up going with the first one. Because there was no safer route. So, taking a deep breath, he turned to face his companions. They couldn't go through this alone, they needed to work as one. Only through cooperation would they get out of there alive and sane.

"Everyone..." He began, a little troubled by the situation. "For your sake, I am going to need to ask you to close your eyes and hold your breath for a little while we go through that hall. I will lead the way and we'll go holding hands, so don't worry."

Even like this, it was a hard thing to ask. He couldn't force everyone to do it, and, if he could, it was not guaranteed to work. But Fukuda Masahiro wanted to protect their mental health as much as possible, so he had to give it a try, at least.

When everyone thought they were ready, he opened the door for the second time, and he was the first to step inside the crimson-bathed hall. Around him where the corpses of many humans and creatures, or what had remained of them after all this time. It was a disgusting sight that made him want to puke right there. He had never seen something like it before, and even if he was a person with a strong character, he found it hard to resist the nausea.

But everything vanished the second he spotted the ugly creature at the end of the hall. He could only describe it as 'a mix between a spider and a fly', and its size was what scared him the most. He realized soon enough that attacking it without thinking was not the smartest thing to do, as that thing seemed plenty capable of killing a human. He also noticed, however, that the hunter would not wait for an answer, as the creature had already taken notice of them and begun salivating.

Fukuda Masahiro didn't know much about animals. They were always attracted to him, naturally.

He was now sure that the second the monster finished its preparations, it would strike. Thankfully, they had just entered the hall, and the exit was right behind them. The truth was that they couldn't fight properly in that small amount of space, with a severely limited range and dead bodies hanged on the walls around them. So the first thing that crossed Masahiro's mind in that instant was to fall back to the stairs. It was evident that said place was not a favorable ground for them either, but it would at least allow them to at least close the range between the enemy and them. With some support from his teammates, maybe they could gang on the creature for a quick kill.

"Uh... Guys...?" He whispered to them. "We are running back to the stairs at the count of one..."

He gestured the one in the back to slowly open the door. By now, everyone had opened their eyes out of fear, curiosity or both.

"ONE!"

And they quickly ran back to the stairs, closing the door behind them and hoping to lure the creature to a place where they would have slightly less disadvantages...

RacingeR
June 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Building - Time Unknown

Haruka finally woke up, which was good, as Crimson was about to go and grab her boobs so they could stop wasting time already.

What ensued was more than she could have hoped for, and at the same time, was disappointing. Haruka and Merry were really entertaining, even if most people wouldn’t have understood exactly why she was finding them so interesting. However, the rest of the group made it quickly devolve into something that seemed to come from a third rate horror movie. It was mildly entertaining at best, but Aki found her mood worsening by the second.

And then that guy punched Haruka back to unconsciousness, cutting off any possibility of entertainment.

She felt her eyes dulling, becoming almost like blots of blood as the air around her warped yet again. Her face was expressionless, covering her wrath with a mask as she silently prepared to kill the one that had dared to...

And then Tetsuro-Sensei grabbed Odo by the neck, lifting him in the air. Now, this was entertaining to watch. Aki smiled thinly as she backed down, her eyes returning to normality. Had it been a tenth of a second more, and they would have probably noticed the killing intent she had emanated, but for now, the others would probably never know how close she had been to attack her classmate.

Once everything was over, and Sensei stepped out, Crimson followed him with a bored gesture. “Hey, Sensei, can you return my phone?”

Bloble
June 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Hallway - Time Unknown

“Hey, Sensei, can you return my phone?”

"Ah, your phone?" Tetsuro blinked as Aki chose to speak for the first time in a while. "Of course, Ms. Fumi. One moment." He reached into his front lab coat pocket, and winced as he brushed against where the monster from earlier had struck him. Right in the chest... his ribs had taken most of the force of the blow, though, so all that remained was some bruising. He was still mostly unhurt.

The same, however, could not be said for Aki's phone, which he had placed in his front chest pocket, right where the monster had struck him. What Tetsuro pulled out was less a cell phone and more of a wreck of plastic and metal. The blow had inadvertently struck it at exactly the wrong angle, utterly destroying it.

"Um... sorry." Tetsuro said quickly. "I was attacked by a monster earlier. It hit me in the chest, but I was fine. Your phone though... well, I'll pay for a new one once we get back home." He handed the wrecked phone to Aki, lowering his head as an apology for its destruction.

RacingeR
June 20th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Aki "Crimson" Fumi
School Hallway - Time Unknown

Aki’s eyes narrowed for a second. Was this done on purpose, to avoid her contacting others? There weren’t that many motives to think that, but she did not know Sakaki Tetsuro much. By far, the two people s he had known the most of this club were Rolanda and the Prez, and now one was far away, and the other was unconscious. To put it simply, she had no reason to trust him.

However, the wound on his ribs at least seemed to prove grain of truth on what he said, and at the end Aki shrugged and took the wrecked phone back. Maybe she could repair it later or something, if they found anyone with the knowledge.

“What can you tell me about that monster you found?”

Bloble
June 20th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
School Hallway - Time Unknown

“What can you tell me about that monster you found?”

"It wasn't nearly as big as that... thing we saw in the classroom." Tetsuro began, remembering what had happened only minutes before. "We found it in a broom closet, hanging from the ceiling. About the size and shape of a human being, but it was really just skin and bone, with glowing red eyes." The teacher hefted the aluminum bat in his other hand and pointed to a dent in it most of the way up.

"It took one of my swings and survived." He said solemnly. "I know kendo from high school. While I haven't exactly been practising, I can safely say that any normal human would have their head cracked open from one of my strikes. That thing just got angrier. And the way it moved... there's no way it could've been human." He rubbed his sore ribs, and suppressed a wince. "Merry and I took it down, but not before it hit me in the chest."

Mereo Flere
June 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Merry
School Hallway - Evening


I was surprised to see that Rolanda's phone had been destroyed. It had been an unintended consequence of our battle; I had thought that, after seeing Tetsuro get up like it was nothing, he was perfectly fine. I never thought about what had happened to the things he had been carrying, about the things that could get smashed . Still, I had been there; I knew there was no way it could have been intentional. That wasn't the kind of person Tetsuro was, after all. If we had left in the opposite direction, we would even come across the corpse of the creature. However, where Tetsuro and I had taken one way, Shizuka had chosen to take the other - and it was this different path that we had started to take.

In a way, it was probably better that we didn't go down that other path again. The body of that young girl, hanging by her neck in that closet... it wasn't a death as sudden or as violent as Yumiko or Justin's, but it was horrifying to think about all the same.

Fortunately, my own phone was still intact. Leaning forward to make sure that Haruka didn't slip off my back as I reached for it, I pulled my phone out of my pockets, ready to show Aki the picture I had sent Rolanda. It was then I noticed I had gotten a new message...

From Akira.

My heart skipped a beat. I hadn't even realized she had my number - and there was no way she wouldn't recognize it for what it was if she had gotten it from someone else in the club. Hesitantly, I read the message, frowning as I realized her group had encountered monsters as well. It was good to know that she was still alive, but to think that she was in trouble...

I turned my head, glancing at Haruka from the corner of my eye. Again, I felt angry at her, but this time I calmed down quickly. It was pointless to shout at an unconscious person after all - and dangerous to do so while they were walking these halls. Besides, I told myself, Akira was a big girl - she could take care of herself.

With a deep breath, I sent back a message: "We fought a black skeleton, and something that resembled a dire wolf," I typed, wishing I had taken a picture of Moukuu when I had the chance, though I resent the picture of the stalker. Then, I held my phone out to Rolanda - motioning for her to take it, with the photo of the Stalker already open - the image of its lifeless body fused to the floor. Knowing her, she would probably wonder how it had gotten to be in that state; if she asked, I wasn't sure how I would answer. Still, it was better that more people knew what to look out for.

Optimus
June 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mark Walker
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

Jeez laweez, what is that!?

"ONE!"

Before Masahiro had yelled ONE, Mark Walker had already started running towards the door at a increasingly fast pace. Maybe Masahiro wasn't so stupid after all. However, a beast like that.... Would it be able to climb through walls and such? There was no time to Reinforce the door, so his only choice was to run with his all towards the stairs.

Mark ran at a steady pace yet looking well where he was stepping, trying to avoid tripping and fall to his death while praying that Masahiro's plan would work well enough for them to survive... Or at least for him to come out alive.

MssrNeko
June 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Ethan Kane
School Hallway
Time Unknown

There we went out into the hallway leaving the bodies of Tanaka and her killer. The others were talking but I couldn't hear them. My mind was still loading, processing what exactly had happened. It felt like a nightmare come to life: we were stuck in some fucked up game and our players were a bunch of sadistic little kids hyped on sugar and violence.

Aki Fumi, Odo Tougas, Sakaki-sensei, that girl, Haruka.....

God damn, I could've done something. I should've done something. But I just stood there, watching. I did nothing, but it was just a damning as the others. I'm sure there's a quote from some smart guy from back then but I can't recall it. All I can think of is how I failed yet again to do something.

I walk over to Merry.

"I can take her."

Airen
June 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Akira Kurogane
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown, Evening


"I guess it's a good thing I showed up when I did then. After all, I'd hate to think of what a couple of freshies like you would do if you made the mistake of wondering out at night... So, have you guys checked out the info wall on the second floor yet? Seeing how as you're going to be here for awhile, I recommend you make yourself familiar with the stuff there."

Info wall?

The strange girl was right, if we were going to be in this place for awhile, the first steps we should take would be those towards familiarizing ourselves with the nature of this world. The girl herself seemed to know a lot about what was going on, and the sleeping equipment present in this place made it clear that other people stayed in this place on a regular basis.

Perhaps the information that allowed them to survive the harsh conditions of this place was on this info wall?

Even if it wasn't, I suppose I could just try to persuade the girl to tell me what she knew...


“…A….al…..alright.”

The sound of Rolanda's voice drew me out of my contemplations, and with the medical supplies still in hand, I leaned down to better catch the rather weak sound of her voice.


“Bu…but. I need you to follo….w. My advice……perfectly.”

"Understood."

And just like that, I found myself listening to Rolanda's seemingly flawless recital of an entire textbook's worth of medical information, my own thoughts speeding up to momentarily memorize all of the information Rolanda was throwing at me. My expression grew a bit colder as I focused myself entirely on the words, my hands moving to replicate the processes she was describing, which could thankfully be replicated to a good extent due to the contents of the First Aid Kit. Sterilizing the outside of the wound with the antibacterial soap, flushing the deepest of the wounds twice with the Saline solution, before using a Betadine solution to disinfect the rest...

It took awhile, and I found myself removing my hat to combat the distracting nature of my hair, the azure locks falling in slightly tangled strands around my face.

"Sit up, please," pulling Rolanda into a sitting position after most of the complex procedures had been taken care of, I began to wrap the gauze around the wounded parts of her body, moving whatever torn parts of her clothing threatened the now sterile nature of her wounds. I wasn't particularly thinking about modesty, after all, both of us were girls, and I wasn't moving too much of her clothing around anyway, but finally, after I bound the gauze in place with medical tape, I allowed myself to relax a bit, my expression returning to a less cold, but still rather passive one.

"There, I think I'm done."

I couldn't really think of anything else to say at the moment, so, looking away from Rolanda, I turned back towards the strange girl and asked-

"How many other people are in this place besides us? Do you know?"

The amount of sleeping bags gave me a good estimate, but it was best to know for sure.

Satehi
June 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

Rounding the corner, Akira saw it- the monstrous cross between a fly and a spider. It looked even more disgusting than the entrails that surrounded the hallway. How such a monstrosity was even possible, he did not know, but at this moment he wanted nothing more than to run up to it crush the eyes destroy it rip it apartkill it beforeit couldgethim yesyesthatwaswhatheshould dohecouldalreadyfeelhisbodygettingreadytomoveitwas alreadylookinghisway-

Reason returned to him when he heard human speech. Masahiro’s judgment was correct- this corridor was a poor location for a direct fight. Shaking off his stupor, he had to force himself to stay still rather than try to get attack the creature head on like he had been thinking about just moments earlier.

In fact, he had no idea what had just happened to him. Sure, he’d had his moments where he got a bit hotheaded and wasn’t entirely reasonable, but certainly nothing to that degree. And he usually felt more in control.

Regaining control of his body, Akira ran at the stairs the second he heard the word leave Masahiro's mouth.

Mereo Flere
June 20th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Merry
School Hallway
Evening

Ethan...

For better or worse, he hadn't really been involved in the situation regarding Haruka. At the moment, I didn't really have a problem with him, and I didn't have any reason to think he would cause any trouble. Even if I didn't trust most of the others with Haruka, the fact was that... well, she probably wouldn't be very happy with me if she found out I was the one carrying him. Overall, he probably was the best one to carry her at the moment.

Besides, that would leave my own hands free.

I had said I would take care of her - but that didn't mean I had to be the one to carry her myself. If anything, I could keep a better watch on her, since I didn't have eyes on the back of my head.

I pursed my lips, giving Ethan's offer a little bit more thought before finally nodding. Then, carefully, I handed her off to him.

I3uster
June 21st, 2012, 04:09 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

It was horrible.
The slow descent in the dimly-lit staircase grated on Maiko's nerves almost as bad as the elevator incident. She flinched at every eerie sound that was made as they walked down, but the presence of her friends made her recover quickly. As long as they were around, nothing would happen after all, right?

However, the flickering shadow she saw out of the corner of her eye didn't help keeping up this mindset. Walking further she started shaking, once again pressing the necklace close to herself as hard as she could without breaking it.
She only hoped this nightmare would be over soon.

But it wasn't. They didn't arrive at a further descent and a safe way out, but at a pile of rubble blocking their way.

This was just too much. She just wanted to sit down and cry, and wait until this was over. She didn't want to go through this floor to seek for an alternative path, she didn't want to hear anymore of this rattling and screeching sounds, she didn't want to see anymore shadows. She just wanted to give up.

Fortunately for her, there was someone still guiding her. The single reason for her to NOT give in.

And he seemed to have noticed her condition.

After peeking through the door and closing it again, he said something to the group:

"For your sake, I am going to need to ask you to close your eyes and hold your breath for a little while we go through that hall. I will lead the way and we'll go holding hands, so don't worry."
Maybe it was childish of her, but the chance of holding Masahiro's hand blew away all the fear and sorrow.

It did not last long however.

She felt uneasiness coming from Masahiro. He must have seen something that caused him to react this way.

He gave Maiko a reason to go through all of this, so it was only natural for her to try to give him some support was what she thought as she opened her eyes.

Facing the creature however, she realized that she couldn't.

She could only catch a glimpse of the hideous mass of flesh before everything in her field of vision turned black. Something like this thing was not supposed to exist. It was impossibly hideous, incomprehensible for a girl like Maiko who already disliked cockroaches. So why did it? And why did it have to show itself right here? Was fate itself trying to prove a cruel point with the existence and location of this creature?

Blinded by nausea and fear, she held tightly onto Masahiro's hand. He yelled some unintelligible words, and then ran, Maiko still holding his hand, trying her best to follow him wherever he may go.

Sei
June 21st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Abandoned School, Hallway
Time Unknown, Late Evening

While being sure to stay close together, you make your way through the decrepit hallways. Aside from the occasional hushed comment and the sound of glass being crushed under foot, the ever growing corridors are deadly silent and devoid of any signs of life. The place is nothing short of a ruin. Simply stepping on a floorboard threatens to collapse the entire floor.

Not losing stride, your group continues to follow the path marked by the mysterious girl from before. Turn after turn, you find yourself venturing down another path as you descend one floor and then another. All the while, you take note of the foggy landscape outside the broken windows. Despite the fact that it's getting noticeably darker, the thick haze is not giving in to visibility. If the group doesn't manage to make it out quick, you all might find yourselves wandering around in a sea of darkness.

Thankfully, it doesn't take long for you to reach the ground floor. It would seem that the directions you were left with provided the quickest route, even making use of collapsed walls and floors. By the time you reach what seems to be the final arrow, you can already see the exit through the room at the end of the hall.

Good luck -Makoto

Everyone's Will +1

As if placing her faith in your survival, the girl leaves you her name etched in the wall along with words of encouragement. With your spirits somewhat lifted, you all make your way towards the main entrance.

However, your advance stops early. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7du6JotV0cI&feature=relmfu) As you enter the main lobby, you hear a faint whimpering coming from an unknown location. Then suddenly, as if crafted from the darkness itself, a giant figure steps into the light, dragging a middle-aged man behind him. It stops just in front of the shoe lockers allowing you to truly see the beast for what it is; a humanoid shape towering above the tallest of men with a body of black like the night sky given form and fangs. As you look on, you quickly feel that this is beyond anything you have ever faced before.

"Oh god! Please help me!"

Noticing the group, the middle-age man makes a desperate plea for help as he reaches out to you. Unfortunately, in doing so, it would seem that the black beast is also alerted to your presence. As it turns to you, it single-handedly raises its prisoner several feet into the air. With one blinding swing, the man is tossed to the side, colliding with the adjacent wall, exploding; leaving nothing behind but crimson fluid and fleshy bits.

With its hands now free, the beast holds them out towards the group and gestures you to come closer, taunting you. While doing so, you can hear a low, demonic laugh emanating from the giant's location.

Aki's Will +1


http://i50.tinypic.com/jv28o2.jpg

Encountered Mephist


100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
ATK (50)

100%


Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

And they quickly ran back to the stairs, closing the door behind them and hoping to lure the creature to a place where they would have slightly less disadvantages...

Abandoned Hospital
Time Unknown (Late Evening)

Quickly making a run for it, you direct everyone to retreat to the stairs and close the door as soon as everyone is clear. In your mind you know that something so simple won't stop the creature, but at least it allows you to put some distance between you and it. While still making the most of the situation, you run up a flight of stairs and wait. Observing the area below, you prepare yourself for the ambush.

However, nothing happens. Seconds soon turn into minutes and the tension begins to distill. The door below doesn't so much as budge despite there being a creature behind it which could easily knock it down.

It's because of this that you get a bad feeling.

And then it happens. After about three minutes of anxiously awaiting any kind of action, you hear a soft crumbling noise coming from above you. Looking up, you see a crack in the wall by the next flight of stairs. Not to long after you do, the wall breaks apart, revealing the foggy skies and the creature you thought to have left behind. It would seem that monstrous insectoid actually dug its way around you, going outside, and reentering the building through the wall to cut off your path. However, that was only part of its plan...

Just as soon as the wall came crashing down, the door below falls to the floor. From beyond the doorway, four reanimated corpses come staggering into the area below and slowly turn towards you as they moan. Just like the enemy before you, they too are surrounded by a swarm of buzzing flies and give off a disturbing chill. As they set there eyes on you you can't help but feel a bit unnerved. This may be because you recognize them as the human bodies you spotted on the wall before...


http://i46.tinypic.com/r8ceqc.jpg

Encountered Ghoul x4


100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed

Beelzebub

Burrow: Beelzebub possesses the ability to dig through almost any surface to travel, retreat, or attack its prey.

Corpse Possessing Swarm: Beelzebub has the ability to produce a swarm of flies from its abdomen which can possess and control corpses.

Bloble
June 21st, 2012, 09:09 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
Abandoned School, Hallway
Time Unknown, Late Evening

As Tetsuro and the students behind him stopped, a lump formed in the pit of his stomach.

That thing.

Not human.

He could see it, sense it, and feel it with every pore of his body. That thing was dangerous. Incredibly so, in fact. In the first place, it had just killed a man in front of his eyes, and he had only stood there frozen.

A drop of something wet slid down Tetsuro's cheek. He idly grabbed at it with his free hand, and was mildly surprised to see that it was a chunk of flesh from the monster's now dead victim.

That got him moving.

"Students." He said calmly even as his hand tightened around the baseball bat. "Run. Now. Get away from this thing immediately."

He raised the baseball bat with one hand and pulled out the loaded gun with the other. Without a pause he threw it backwards, to the group of students. "Take it, then go. Find another way out." He said. Tetsuro then sunk into a two handed kendo stance. A defensive one this time, not like the other one he'd used against the first monster. This thing would be hitting him first, he knew. And if he wasn't prepared, surviving wouldn't be possible this time.

The teacher raised his head and met the creature's empty gaze without flinching.

Sakaki Tetsuro looked into what could very well become his death.

"Go ahead." He whispered softly. "Come at me. But don't think you'll kill me as easily as you did that other man."

Mereo Flere
June 21st, 2012, 11:25 PM
Merry
Abandoned School - Entrance
Late Evening


"You make it sound like you're already planning to die," I muttered. Of course, knowing Tetsuro, that might very well be the case.

Sacrifice a single person to let the others run away. In the short run it would make sense; fighting against this monster could very well prove futile. The others would get to live if Tetsuro stayed behind, and that was probably the most important thing to their teacher.

...but then what? What would they do the next time we ran into a monster? This place was still unfamiliar to us, we had no food or water, and our only weapon would be a gun with six shots - against creatures that could very well just shrug them off. Even mundane animals, the kind that existed in the normal world, wouldn't necessarily go down in a single shot, and these creatures were on an entirely different level to begin with.

Leave Tetsuro behind to run away on our own? That simply wasn't something I was going to do.

I thought back to Makoto's message. "Good Luck." It was obvious that she expected something to be here, and that there was clearly a method of getting past it. Not everybody would be able to fight it, after all, and if they managed to escape it it might not chase after them. It wasn't enough, not nearly enough to bet our survival on. I needed more information.

I studied the creature. It was big - bigger than any of us, or anybody I had ever seen in my life, really, and its long black mane made it look even bigger still. It was also strong and, despite its size, it was fast, if the way it had thrown that man was any indication. The way it taunted us, the way it had held its man captive - it was also clear it had a mind of pure malevolence.

Those were all reasons to fear it, however. They weren't weaknesses - things we could exploit. I looked closer.

The eyes took up the majority of its face, clearly its main form of sensing the environment. Undoubtedly it would be able to see well even in the approaching darkness - and with its black body that had been practically invisible in the shadows I was sure that it was a hunter of the night.

...there. That was something I could use.

I reached into my pocket, making sure that that was still there. Then, adopting a grim expression on my face, I stepped back, to give our teacher room enough to fight with that thing without worrying about me.

I wasn't abandoning Tetsuro, of course. I had a plan - a crazy idea... but it was something that would only work once. Even if it meant watching him get hurt a little, the information we might gather could be the very thing that saves us, after all.

Chaos Greyblood
June 22nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Time unknown
Hospital

This is problematic. As he saw the room filled with a bloody and bleak atmosphere, Keigo realized that the abbatoir may have took place some time earlier before any of the group had arrived here. He wondered how much time had passed when this creature made the 3rd floor its nesting place and killed these people. He shuddered to think how and why they had this terrible fate, but he was determined not to have it happen to him. If they planned to fight the creature, this wasn't going to be the place to do so. They needed to make a quick plan about this.

Then Masahiro spoke to the group.

"Everyone..." He began, a little troubled by the situation. "For your sake, I am going to need to ask you to close your eyes and hold your breath for a little while we go through that hall. I will lead the way and we'll go holding hands, so don't worry."

He meant well, though now he saw how the hall looked like and this wasn't going to get pretty. Masahiro shifted gears and decides to mobilize everyone towards the exit. If there was going to be a battle, it was better to do so in a place where they weren't going to be handicapped.

"Uh... Guys...?" He whispered to them. "We are running back to the stairs at the count of one..."

"ONE!"

And so, Keigo dashed along with the others towards the exit. He only hoped that whatever plan Masahiro has hatched, it will work out.

However, the creature seems to have a lot more cunning than it was given credit for as it manages to catch up with their position a few minutes after they had moved out and the arachinid-like creature now managed to block the path. The next thing that happens is that the dead bodies they saw moments earlier rose up from beyond the doorway, looking like zombies Now they were surrounded and their way out is now cut off! What will happen now?

"This is ridiculous! First this creature manages to cut us off from the exit and now these... these zombies come in after us?!" Keigo stood in disbelief for a moment as he saw what was happening right now. This scene is playing like some horror film and he was not amused in the slightest. Keigo knows that if nothing is done, they shall be done for. "I won't accept this... I'm not going to take this lying down!"

Keigo then witnesses Masahiro's attack as he charges towards that large arachnid. While this looked reckless, nevertheless they need to try and cut down the number of enemies. He wonders if there were enough people armed to fight off the creatures and he is concerned that the girl called Maiko may be the one that shall be in grave danger. He had to think of something fast.

This is insane! He's going to try and take that large thing down by himself?! Well, I'm going to have to help him out. I have to! We won't survive if they start picking us off one by one.

He turns to see the other man and tells him a simple order. "I need you to take care of Maiko right now, man. I have to try and take down at least one of the creatures to make some room for us! I also need you to be our eyes so that there'll be no surprises. I'm counting on you!"

Keigo does his best to steel himself and picks one of the ghouls that is sauntering towards him and wants to help out Masahiro before something sneaks up on him. He watches its movements carefully as he sets up his strike with the metal pipe. He aims at the left side of the body first.

"Here I come!!"

Keigo makes a strong two-handed swing with the metal pipe to strike at the left side of the torso and then...

hero
June 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

"...Gi-"

They were surrounded, and Fukuda Masahiro knew that. He was aware that, at this point, there was no option left but to fight for their lives. It was also evident that in this situation, he couldn't ensure the safety of everyone present. Most likely they, too, would have to prove that they were strong enough to survive. However, there were no traces of frustration or impotency in the young boy's eyes. It was something else.

"...Gi...ve..."

The only undeniable fact here was that he could no longer approach this battle from an strategic view point. It was not because he had been pushed into a corner with no easy way out. No, this was something completely different. The thing that prevented Fukuda Masahiro from thinking his next course of action thoroughly was one particular emotion.

"Give those bodies back."

---Anger.

"GIVE THEM BACK, YOU BASTARD-!"



At those who died here:


I will do my best to inform your families of what really happened to you.


May you rest in peace.


In front of that wall, he had made an oath.

He had never seen them and he had never heard of them before. He knew nothing about these people. There were no ties between Fukuda Masahiro and the victims of this tragedy. There was no moral obligation that had forced him to make this decision, either. In fact, there existed no logical reason to justify why he had swore to do such a troublesome thing.

Maybe he had done it out of respect for them. Because it had been the right thing to do, and because they did not deserve to be forgotten. Because their parents, their friends and their loved ones ought to know the truth. It could have been any one of those. But in all honesty...

The reason why he now defended them so fiercely...

---Was simply because he wanted to.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...!"

A true warrior would have called his charge mediocre. There was no grace in his movements and it was already evident that he did not possess a fighting style of his own. Yes, Fukuda Masahiro was not a proper fighter, just like he was not a proper magus. No one had taught him how to use his fists to defend himself and no one had taught him the nature of the powers he had awakened. Everything he knew he had learned it from nothing but experience. In his hands was what seemed to be an equally mediocre metal stick. But to him it was something more than a weapon. It held all the power of his resolve within.

A true warrior would have, then, admired his spirit. For a human having such an overwhelming will to live for oneself and for others was more than rare. A precious treasure ought to be protected until the very end.

"TAKE THIS-!"

Everything in his attack was against the odds.

Despite this, he drove his arm back and then thrusted the reinforced metal stick forward, with the clear intention of stabbing the beast with it.

And then...

Blackdeath6031
June 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown

Instinctively backing away, Shizuka's brain started in ignition as he felt stomach juice about to spill out of him.

Why was the old man here? Was he involved in a similar ritual as well?

...No, he stopped himself. What's most important is how they can overcome or avoid this.
Anything....he didn't expect to bring any chalk, because he didn't think they'd come to this, but there still must be something he could use.

Chalk...chalk...

"If you're going to draw something with chalk, at least try not to mess it up when you walk all over it."
Gritting his teeth in lament as he remembered Justin's words earlier that day, Shizuka immediately turned to his side.

"Ethan, can you look through the prez's pockets for a piece of chalk?"

...If that's right, then thats one part of the preparations done. Problem is, what can he use? There's blood right there before him, which'd allow for that to be used.....but its too far away - and too close to the enemy. Even if he manages to take it, it doesn't guarantee he could lure it in either.

Frowning as he constantly kept his eyes on their new enemy, the boy quickly glanced down, looking for any broken debris.
....But would it be possible to lure the beast in?

Shizuka ran various concepts through his mind, waiting for Ethan's report and keeping his eyes on the enemy.

Satehi
June 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

He saw the beast again, but this time Akira did not hold back. They were surrounded, and there would be no running away from it this time, with the moving corpses covering the door. Instead, he simply listened to his gut feeling- and charged at the monster. He had no interest in fighting the corpses, given they were simple lackeys. The others could handle those instead. His only interest was destroying the beast.

His feet simply glided over the stairs, quickly ascending up to the beast. He moved his arm behind him to swing at the monster in a smooth maneuver, a sign of his own learning in the martial arts. He had never trained to fight against giant insects, but his target was clear- the legs.

Considering this was an insect, its body would probably be covered in some sort of exoskeleton. That left the joints as the perfect area to attack. Furthermore, if its movement was crippled by the blow, it could no longer avoid their attacks or attempt to burrow away as it did before. The legs would be the prime target- that was the decision his instincts and thought process had led him to.

Reaching the last step of the stairs, Akira moved no further- instead, he swung the stick straight at the legs of the monster.

Optimus
June 24th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Mark Walker
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

Trapped between the Belzeebub and the Ghouls, there was little he could do except hide and hope that Masahiro would act as coldly as he did back then. Of course, that was like asking that abomination to stop eat them and have a tea party with the corpses it just revived.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...!"

It wouldn't work. Even when stressed like that he knew that monster most likely had some plan. It would slaughter them all. And he did not want to die.

The sound of a interruptor being smashed by a fist.

Nerves. The most important thing about nerves is conduction of impulses. Starting from the spine, there are three specific sets of nerves I need to pay attention to. Brachial plexus, lumbar plexus and the sacral plexus. Structure analysis still incomplete due to lack of knowledge and time.

Let's go.

Hoping that he would become more capable of dodging the enemy attacks, he poured prana into the main nerves in charge of moving the limbs to increase his reaction times.

-Reinforcement skill
Use 2:
[Special Ability. Increase 1 stat (Strength, Defense, Agility, or Evasion) by 5 for a duration of 2 turns. Can be used up to 3 times in one turn. Cost 10 MP per casting.]

-Increase Evasion.

MP: 72

I3uster
June 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Maiko Kisaragi
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

Everything just happened too fast.

Her heart was still racing from the running as the creature made its return known.
And it didn't help the situation.

Absolutely panicking, she could not even scream, now certain of her death. Instead she looked at the being and its formerly human familliars, her eyes wide open.

Was this some kind of divine punishment? What for? She never comitted any crimes, did she have to suffer for something her brother, her sister, or her parents had done?

Or maybe it was just what she always had thought. She was not meant to exist. She was worth nothing, and fate itself tried to correct the terrible error it had made in allowing her to be.

More and more negative thoughts clouded Maiko's head. Maybe it wasn't so bad to die after all. Masahiro was by her side, was he not? Akira and Mark, two of the very small group that she could call friends were here.

Even this new Keigo person was not a bad companion to die with...

And Keigo was the person who got her out of this trance.

"Here I come!!"
This was what she needed right now. The will to survive.

Maybe she was ready to die. Maybe she made up with the world already.
But her companions didn't.

And as long as they didn't, it was her obligation to help them get out of this alive, as best as she could.
Her resolve hardened. And Masahiro did his best to help this process.

"TAKE THIS-!"

He was infuriated about the parody of human life this beast controlled, and Maiko could only agree with him. However, what he did was not the best approach to this.

As the beast broke through seconds ago, fear was the most prevalent emotion on Maiko's mind. It lead to a small, stupid thought of gallows humor, but this little thing might help them out in this situation...
I wish I was that monster. I could just dig myself to the ground floor without any problems...

With her "lance" gripped firmly, she shouted towards the attacking Masahiro:
"D-don't kill it! W-we just h-have to wound it! I-if we c-cut off its escape paths b-by surrounding it w-we might be able to g-get it to d-dig to the g-ground floor!"

Her voice almost broke towards the end, though it was hardly the time to think of something as trivial as this.

In a faint whisper, more fitting for the usually calm Maiko she told the remaining group: "D-don't worry, I c-can take care of m-myself..."
She pointed the stick at the incoming Ghoul horde, anxiously hoping that it would hold them off. She didn't know if she could harm something so human-like, even if they were clearly no longer alive.

If only she was here...

On the other hand, she had an obligation to fulfill. They wanted to survive, so she had to do her best to ensure that.
"W-we have t-to k-k...make those t-things go away first!"

She aimed her stick at an incoming ghoul's throat, and then closed her eyes as she thrust it forward.

SeiKeo
June 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Evgenia Ivanov
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown, Late Evening

"Info wall..."

Oh, naturally, the second floor? The second floor, of course. It's always where I don't look, isn't it? Then again, if it was where I looked, I wouldn't be looking. Unless we're being led anyways.



“Evgenia,” calling out for my classmate, I smiled nervously, “Could you help me with this? I don't want to mess up.”

"Oh... no, you seem to have it under control, and we haven't more than four moments to waste. Probably." In all honestly, she could use the help. But, priorities. Whatever this 'info wall' was, it was most likely something fairly important, and also quite possibly something time-sensitive. If we didn't look at it and it turned out to be sensitive, we would be done for. Wheras... with Rolanda, whether she'd live or die was most likely decided by now. In the field, you can only do so much for a person, so, let it flow as it may with what support could be provided.

"Best not to go anywhere though, the body doesn't like to wander as the mind. Feel free to let that run, though."

That said, I drifted away from the huddle of a group on the floor, making for the left staircase.

Sei
June 24th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Abandoned Hospital
Time Unknown (Late Evening)


Keigo Yamamoto

Keigo makes a strong two-handed swing with the metal pipe to strike at the left side of the torso and then...

The pipe connects and the decayed flesh offers very little in manner of resistance. The impact causes the undead target's body to contort, wrap, and tear as the blunt weapon rips through its side and lodges itself in the creature's stomach. While showing no signs of pain at the attack itself, the ghoul lets out a loan, dull moan as it realizes it has been injured. In retaliation, it swings its decaying arm at your head, but you manage to avoid it.

Battle CalculationKeigo's Speed
-14 (Keigo's AGI) > 5 (Ghoul's EVA)
Keigo's Attack
-12 (Keigo's STR) - 5 (Ghoul's DEF) = 7 damageGhoul 1 suffers 7 damage.

However, while you were preoccupied with the enemy before you, another of the monsters sneaks up behind you and lunges at you with a strained burst of speed. Pulling a last minute maneuver, you jump back to avoid it, but it just barely manages to grab a hold of your ankle. Not wasting anytime, it quickly brings its jaw up and sinks it teeth in. You tell yourself it doesn't hurt much, but you can still feel the fuzzy pain of its teeth grinding against your bone.

Battle CalculationGhoul's Speed
-Lunge: Ghoul makes a desperate attempt to reach enemy. AGI +7. Can't act next turn.
-15 (Ghoul's AGI) > 14 (Keigo's EVA)
Ghoul's Attack
-15 (Ghoul's STR) - 12 (Keigo's DEF) = 3 damageKeigo suffers 3 damage.
Yamamoto Keigo: 80 HP - 3 damage = 77 HP


Fukuda Masahiro

Despite this, he drove his arm back and then thrusted the reinforced metal stick forward, with the clear intention of stabbing the beast with it.

And then...

You put the full ability of your body into your attack and back it with the weight of all your rage. The gap between you and the insect-like creature is closed in no time and you weapon stabs forward with enough force to bring a normal person to their knees. Unfortunately, your opponent is far from a normal human being. Just as your weapon comes into the target's zone, it zips out of the way and scurries back out of the hole it made.

Battle CalculationMasahiro's Speed
-10 (Masahiro's AGI) < 17 (Beelzebub's EVA)
Attack has been avoided.Masahiro's attack has missed.

Still recovering from your reckless charge, you don't have enough time to react when the wall behind you also comes crumbling down and the monster reappears. Turning on your heel, you prepare to defend yourself from the inevitable attack. What you didn't count on however is the creature attacking from a distance, opening its mouth and spraying you with a thick, white mist. In horror, you soon realize that you're being encased in the same semi-fluid webbing you saw before. It's incredible heavy and strong. You won't be able to move properly like this.

Battle CalculationBeelzebub's Speed
-Devil Silk: Once per turn, the Beelzebub can spray at target with thread, reducing AGI and EVA.
20 (Beelzebub's AGI) > 14 (Masahiro's EVA)
Masahiro's AGI and EVA reduced by 3.


Akira Kyokushin

Reaching the last step of the stairs, Akira moved no further- instead, he swung the stick straight at the legs of the monster.

Minding the situation, yet taking advantage of the opportunity, you attack the creature from just out of its field of vision as it closes in to devour Masahiro. Aiming to cripple the beast and solidify your victory, you aim for its leg joint and swing with superhuman strength.

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Dice Roll of 16 or more needed.
Die rolls 10.
Precision failed.
To your surprise, the giant bug notices your attack and skillfully moves to rob you of your intended target. Despite this, you continue with the attack and redirect your attack at its body. It's quick, but not quicker than you.

Battle CalculationAkira's Speed
-22 (Akira's AGI) > 17 (Beelzebub's EVA)
Akira's Attack
-18+1 (Akira's STR) - 8 (Beelzebub's DEF) = 11 damage
--Sneak Attack: 6 x 1.5 = 16.5 damageBeelzebub suffers 16.5 damage.

With a loud crack, the metal pole collides with the creature's body and elicits a bone-shredding scream from it. The area that was struck swells and burst, sending a bulbous, green puss flying out into the air. Having a bad feeling, you quickly withdraw and open up the distance between you and the creature. However, some of the puss still manages to land on your left arm and immediately fills the air with the sound of sizzling. The small spot where the puss hit you has been burned noticeably and you quickly deduce that it's some kind of acid. Perhaps not the most threatening defense, but definitely troublesome.

Akira suffers 4 damage.


Mark Walker

Hoping that he would become more capable of dodging the enemy attacks, he poured prana into the main nerves in charge of moving the limbs to increase his reaction times.

Coordinating your attack with your friends and using your sorcery to increase your ability, you feel confident in the success of your charge. However, after watching Akira withdraw you soon realize that this creature is faster and craftier than you initially thought.

Even still, you carry out your attack and give it an honest effect. But to no surprise, your attack is easily evaded. Despite the creature's size and tight space you've lured it into, the creature continues to elude your efforts; it simply rips through the walls and creates space to move. And that doesn't bode well for the structure of the building...

Battle CalculationMark's Speed
-13 (Mark's AGI) < 17 (Beelzebub's EVA)
Attack has been avoided.Mark's attack has missed.


Maiko Kisaragi

She aimed her stick at an incoming ghoul's throat, and then closed her eyes as she thrust it forward.

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for Fatal Strike
Dice Roll of 16 or more needed for fatal strike
Die rolls 4.
Precision failed.

Unable to look at your target, you close your eyes and strike blind in hopes of pushing back the assailant. Through the sudden darkness, you hear the pole jab the target, feel the force of your attack stop, and then wait as the wall before you lifts off the end and another thud fills your ears.

Cautiously opening your eyes, you look down at the floor where the ghoul lays with a decent section of its right shoulder pushed in. It doesn't look like you did much damage; however, at least for now you've managed to knock it back.

Battle CalculationMaiko's Speed
-10 (Maiko's AGI) > 5 (Ghoul's EVA)
Maiko's Attack
-7 (Maiko's STR) - 5 (Ghoul's DEF) = 2 damageGhoul 3 suffers 2 damage.

But before you can take a breath of relief, the last ghoul dives at you from the side, knocking you over, and pinning you on the ground. Despite its eroding body, the weight is still too much for you to move off of and you are left helplessly looking into its dead eyes. At its mercy, all you can do is watch as it lipless mouth slowly parts as it head dives down and a sharp pain races through your shoulder.

Battle CalculationGhoul's Speed
-8 (Ghoul's AGI) = 8 (Maiko's EVA)
Ghoul's Attack
-15 (Ghoul's STR) - 13 (Maiko's DEF) = 2 damageMaiko suffers 2 damage.

100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed

Beezlebub
DEF (8), AGI (20), EVA (17)

Burrow: Beelzebub possesses the ability to dig through almost any surface to travel, retreat, or attack its prey.

Corpse Possessing Swarm: Beelzebub has the ability to produce a swarm of flies from its abdomen which can possess and control corpses.

Devil Thread: Once per turn, the Beelzebub can spray its target with a strong thread which reduces AGI and EVA. The thread can be broken through a single or combined effort of 15 STR.

Poisonous Puss: When hit, the Beelzebub releases a acidic puss which deals damage to the attacker equal to 1/4 of the damage taken (rounded to nearest whole).

Ghoul
ATK (15), DEF (5), AGI (8), EVA (5)

Lunge: The ghoul makes a desperate attempt to catch its enemy. AGI +7 during attack. Can't act next turn.

All of the Ghoul's abilities have been revealed.

MssrNeko
June 25th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Ethan Kane
School Building - Main Entrance
Time Unknown

Somewhere I can hear the laughter of some sadistic higher being as they watch us. Faster than you can say "whiplash" we were thrown into yet another dangerous situation. After killing the poor guy, the monster ahead beckons us to come closer. Like some kindly older gentleman telling kiddies that he has candy for them waiting in his van.

Stranger fucking danger.

Acting quickly, Sakaki-sensei drew his baseball bat and threw something back to us. Telling us to leave him, our teacher steels himself to fight the thing in front of us. I as much I agree with his intentions, I refuse.

Next to me Merry joins our teacher in his fight, standing near him. Hopefully he had a plan to back Sakaki-sensei.


"Ethan, can you look through the prez's pockets for a piece of chalk?"

Nodding, I quickly shift Haruka into easier position. Not dwelling on how she would react if she woke, I swiftly check her pockets until....

Yes! A small piece of chalk.

"Shizuka, catch!" I toss it to him. That's when I notice something, the object that Sakaki-sensei threw back.

A gun.

Hesitant at first, I grab the weapon. I can't do much with Haruka on my back, but I'm not going to be unarmed at least.

hero
June 25th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Hospital Building - Time Unknown


"...?!"

His eyes widened as the attack he had launched was effortlessly evaded by the disgusting creature.

---Fast.

Faster than anything Fukuda Masahiro had fought against before. He realized then that they wouldn't be able to defeat that thing on their own. They were five mere humans, after all. If they continued to challenge such a beast, they would only find death at the end of the road. But, at the same time, if they didn't fight against it, the outcome would eventually be the same.

You could say that the second strong emotion he felt was fear. Indeed, his heart skipped a beat the second the wall behind him crumbled and the giant arachnid came out of it, ready to counter-attack. He knew that he was now the main focus of attention and that he wouldn't be agile enough to dodge what was coming to him. His instincts were sharpened enough for him to reach that conclusion before a split of a second had passed.

"Guh-!"

The next thing he knew, he was on the floor, his body trapped in some web-like substance. He remembered it all too well, it was the same fluid he had seen in the very same hall where they met the creature. That meant that thing was responsible for the death of the people whose corpses were now attacking them.

---He wanted to kill it. He wanted to destroy the cause of so much suffering with his own hands.

But what could Fukuda Masahiro do? He had been reckless, he had attacked without thinking, and now he was paying the price. He was bound by something so strong that his hands alone could not break. Even if he could find a way to free himself, he was certainly not capable of defeating their predator. He lacked the many things needed to do so.

There was no need to show off; Fukuda Masahiro was not a superhero. He couldn't fly or walk through walls, nor did he own a sword of promised victory. The only special thing available to him was the ability to bring mundane items into existence. A chair, a book, an apple, maybe a clock, if lucky. However, there was nothing that would guarantee the success of the 'spell' he casted. He had not even mastered the only thing of use that he had been given.

What a joke.

...If they continued to challenge such a beast, they would only find death at the end of the road. But, at the same time, if they didn't fight against it, the outcome would eventually be the same...

Why fight then, if there existed a less painful way to die? If they gave up, everything would surely end in a matter of seconds...

-------

It was a memory of a distant past.

"Waaahhh, Onii-chan! Don't goooo!"

"Aniki...! Sniff... Sniff..."

"We wanna go with you..."

It was Fukuda Masahiro's last day at the orphanage. It had taken quite a lot of time, but the people who ran the place had finally found a family that could take care of him and was more than willing to do so. Naturally, the boy was happy to hear the good news, but sadly his friends weren't. It was quite selfish of them, yeah, but the truth was that they loved him too much to let him go.

Over the past few years Masahiro had acted as a brother figure of sorts, protecting these children -who were all younger than him-, helping them to overcome their fears and showing them how good can life be if you looked at it from the right angle. And now, all of a sudden, he had to leave! They didn't even give them time to make a proper good bye party. Just yesterday they had all sneaked into Hades -a bathroom on the ground floor that had been closed down- to make sure that absolutely no ghost resided inside the orphanage.

"Now now, who taught you to be such crybabies?" He said, as he patted their heads one by one. He was just a kid, too, but in doing so, he really resembled a grown up. "Wipe off your tears, there is nothing to cry about... Right?"

He beamed a wide smile.

But...

"... What if you forget about us?" One of them asked, teary-eyed.

"Don't be silly. You guys will always be in my heart." The boy said confidently, putting his hand on his heart. "And you know that, out of us, I have the best memory, or so Sensei claims. So there."

"But...! But what if you get your memory stolen and forget about us, huh?" A more stubborn kid repeated the same question.

"I'll travel around the world to get it back then, hehe."

They reluctantly accepted that answer.

There was silence. A silence so heavy that neither side could get themselves to speak. It was a goodbye. One of those goodbyes where you don't know if you will see that person again. Even when one of them found the words they wanted to say, the mouth would open only to close again right after. If they tried to say a word they would burst into tears.

"Hmmm?" Fukuda Masahiro noticed some suspicious movement among his 'troop'. "What are you guys doing?"

They all kept quiet, but it was not hard to realize they were up to something. Most of them were giving a kid with glasses encouraging looks, and some of them were trying to push him closer to where Masahiro was. Knowing him as one of the shyest members of the crew, Fukuda knew he was keeping something inside he needed to let out.

When he asked what it was, the kid simply extended both of his hands together. There, was a beautifully crafted pendant. It was not a masterpiece, but it was clear that a lot of effort had been put into it.

"Ah... T-Thanks." At that point, Fukuda Masahiro could no longer contain his tears. "I will... I will definitely never forget you!"

-------

...If they continued to challenge such a beast, they would only find death at the end of the road. But, at the same time, if they didn't fight against it, the outcome would eventually be the same...

He didn't care.

He wanted to live. And he wanted to fight for that life, and for that of others. Because they too had something or somebody to return to. Someone who was waiting for them, something that needed to be done. If that was so, then he wanted to fight and protect them until his last breath. Even if he was weak, even if he didn't have what it took, he wanted to fight for it.

*Slash*

The threads that enveloped him were destroyed in an instant.

I was dreaming.

In my dream, I became another person. I became a person who fought to change the inevitable. I didn't know who this person was or how did his face look like, but I could feel him strongly. His feelings were my own.

Clang.

A metallic sound.

And with that, his figure shot forward like a bullet. Fukuda Masahiro did not have the time to reason what he was doing. When he spotted Kisaragi Maiko and Yamamoto Keigo being attacked by the four reanimated corpses, the only thought that crossed his head was 'I have to help them.' It did not matter if he was not strong enough to protect them.

He was certainly strong enough to try.

The person in my dream found himself searching for more and more power. Because he had people he wanted to protect, and because he had treasures he couldn't afford to lose. The person who I become in my dream needed this power to keep being who he was, to stick to the true nature of his existence.

"KISARAGIIIIIIII-!"

He quickly grabbed the ghoul, lifted over his head and threw it at the other three, careful not to hit his other comrade in the process. Everything had happened so fast that not even Masahiro himself had noticed the drastic change in appearance that had taken. He was now inside a stylish armor seemingly taken out of a shonen manga. Its helmet covered his face completely, and the red cape attached to it flowed from his shoulders gracefully.

"Sorry, I was selfish." He said, not looking back. "Are you alright...?"

The person in my dream was crying inside from a sadness that was too much to bear. But smoldering deep in his heart, I noticed a feeling... A feeling of determination to meet this sadness head-on.

He faced those who he had promised to respect and protect, even after death.

Deep inside it hurted. To betray their expectations of him.

"I won't let any of them lay a finger on you again." But this was the decision he had taken. "If they do...

I'll kill them."

It was a violent, intense and passionate dream. There was so much pain and so much spirit in it that I felt the urge to scream.

Back then, I simply wished these kind of dreams would stop.

Sei
June 25th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro

Sakaki Tetsuro looked into what could very well become his death.

"Go ahead." He whispered softly. "Come at me. But don't think you'll kill me as easily as you did that other man."

Abandoned School
Time Unknown (Late Evening)

Watching you from a distance, the black giant tilts its head and flashes it teeth, almost as if it were amused. As you fully set into your stance, the creature takes a single step forward, lifts its left arm, and points at you. This serves as the sign that it recognizes your challenge. It is a dark designation that you will be the first to die.

Realizing that you have forfeited the first move, the giant graciously moves to accept your offer. Expecting it to be faster than you, you carefully take in the subtle movements of its legs, its shoulders, and the shifting of its massive weight. Your grip tightens and you prepare to counter as soon as it comes into range. But it doesn't. Instead, you see a violently burning black flame accumulating in the palm of its lowered hand.

Following your instincts, you try to move to the side, but the attack comes far too fast. Before you know it, your stomach is burning, your in the air, and have been sent flying back several feet. You land flat on your back and the heavy impact causes your head to rock back and hit the floor as well. Pain begins to rushes through your body soon after faster than it is able to be numbed. However, despite the pain, you immediately will yourself off of the ground so as not to let the creature out of your sight.

Battle CalculationMephist's Speed
-25 (Spell's Speed) > 12 (Tetsuro's EVA)
Mephist's Attack
-35 (Mephist's MAG) - 0 (Tetsuro's M.DEF) = 35 damage
--Counter Failed: 35 x 1.3 = 45.5 damageTetsuro suffers 45.5 damage
Sakaki Tetsuro: 234 HP - 45.5 damage = 188.5 HP

Through the steam rising from your body, you can see the giant standing at the end of the hall, standing proudly. It's monstrous face once again gives off the impression of a mocking grin as it raises both of its arms and taunts you to come forward.

"Come at me..."

100%


Do Be Careful
Ah~ I see that you tried to perform a counterattack. Can't say I blame you, but... perhaps it would be wiser next time to observe your opponent first~? You see, it's not too difficult to see when someone is preparing to do so and the... "more intelligent" creatures in this lovely little garden won't just rush in. Furthermore, as I sure you're painfully aware of, just as there are two ways for you to attack, there are also two ways for your enemy to attack~

So, I suppose I'll leave you with this. A physical attack can counter a physical attack and a magical attack can counter a magical attack. Counters are useful, but they can lead to a great deal of pain when used incorrectly~ Perhaps you could even try "aggroing" an enemy to bait them?

100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
ATK (50), MAG (35)

Shadow Flame: Mephist is capable of creating powerful black flames which it can manipulate into projectiles to attack its enemies. Cost 25 MP. Spell speed = 25.

Optimus
June 25th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Mark Walker
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

For the second time in his life, Mark Walker felt true fear. Masahiro's charge with his Reinforced stick and his own had been a failure. Behind him, the Ghouls were chomping on Maiko and that Keigo guy. As fast as he was, there would be little he would be able to do if the entire building collapsed around them.

I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. Oh god I don't want it to hurt.

The ghouls or the bug monster. Both were equally horrid choices that would result in pain either way. His legs started shaking at the thought of being bitten by those monsters or being enveloped in silk.

... There was a dim light of hope. Masahiro had dropped his stick when the Belzeebub attacked him. There was a chance.

-"AKIRA! GRAB THE STICK MASAHIRO DROPPED AND HIT THAT THING WITH IT, NOW! TRUST ME! IT'S A SPECIAL ONE!"

He had said something incredibly stupid, but there was no time to reason. Believeing that the monsters would react to his yell, he retreated to a safer position between Akira and Masahiro and braced himself from a possible attack from either side.

Chaos Greyblood
June 25th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Keigo Yamamoto
Time unknown
Hospital

This is starting to look more like a real life horror story by the minute. Every action couldn't be any more scripted with such dark tones that it is likely that things will get ugly as time goes by. The arachind creature was causing quite a stir with all that digging and spitting webbing and the general area is going through some wear and tear as the battle escalates. Everyone is doing their part as they struggle to survive together as they committed themselves to go for the first strike. Things could be worse, but at the very least it went better than anybody had hoped for. Just then, events begin piling up and something happens to Keigo!

"Krrgh!"

Keigo winced in pain for a bit as he felt something small, round and slightly sharp as one of the ghouls just took a nibble on his ankle. He hissed for a bit, telling himself that this is absolutely nothing when it comes to pain and his features turned fierce for a moment as he saw that his attacker was wide open for his counterattack. He wasn't going to miss this opportunity as the other ghoul he just hit was disabled for the moment and he's planning to survive this encounter no matter what.

"Miserable piece of shit!!"

Keigo firmly sets himself into position, sets the metal pipe's pointed end downward and stabs towards the creature's back of the neck. There is no way he was going to miss the attack. He would move out no sooner the pest has been dealt with. He feels that something bad may happen if they stay where they are. He couldn't quite point his finger on it, but they needed to moblize and do so now.

"Any support you're willing to give me right now could be quite a windfall, guys!" He called out to the party. "And we'd better get moving! I don't like how this place is looking right now!"

Mereo Flere
June 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Merry
Abandoned School - Evening

It was amazing, really, how so much can change in the span of a few seconds. It had been a good idea to study the creature; though there were still so much I didn't know about it, what I learned told me that my original idea was unlikely to succeed - and that its threat extended beyond the physical reach of its limbs.

Fire. It could create fire, and throw it at us. It had happened so fast; one second Tetsuro was standing in front of me, and then he went flying somewhere behind me. I didn't dare take my eyes off the creature, but I knew that he had hit the floor hard. Thankfully, from the way he started to pick himself up, Tetsuro was okay...

But I had no idea how many more hits like that he could take. I did know, however, that it would be more than any of the rest of us could take.

There was another thing I was worried about - something that made my heart skip a beat when I realized it. This thing could speak in our language, it could understand us... and I had no doubt that it knew what it was doing. It was evil - not by instinct, not by nature, but by choice.

This changed everything.

"Ethan," I said, the soft tremble of my voice betraying my nervousness. "Put Haruka down. You can't afford to let your aim be off because you're carrying her on your back. I need your help for this - just shoot when you see an opening. And Tetsuro," I said, as my teacher stood back up. "Just... follow my lead."

Getting close was dangerous. Keeping your distance was also dangerous. Between the two options, I would settle for the range where I could still do something.

I knew it was a gamble, even before I began to move towards it. If it wanted to, it could throw one of those fireballs at me, just like it had thrown one at Tetsuro. I trusted my instinct, though, trusted in the fact that it wanted us to charge at it.

I didn't ask why. It was completely confident that it could win any confrontation against us. How it killed us... for it, it was merely a matter of preference.

I wasn't running at it simply to hasten my own death, however. Charging in without a plan... that was something a hero in a shounen manga would do. I... well, I at least had some idea of what I wanted to do.

It might have been insane. It might have been impossible. I didn't care. I left behind all of the doubt in my heart as I ran, believing in one thing:

Where there's a will, there's a way.

-4 Sanity
+4 Will
Current Sanity: 4
Current Will: 25

From the beginning, I knew that it was pointless to stick it to the floor like I had the black skeleton. It was strong, much too strong for that sort of plan to work. So, when I reached out with my hand towards the creature, I focused my power on one thing and one thing only: Its knee.

This wasn't a creature that we could topple in a single instant. There was no way it was that weak. Still, by sealing its joints with attachment, by taking away the freedom of its movement, every attack that would follow would be made easier.

I could only hope that it had no idea what I was going to do.

"Attach!"

Satehi
June 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Akira Kyokushin
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

He had… missed!?

The unsightly insect had reacted and avoided taking his strike on its leg joint. To have avoided the injury on its leg, this thing was fast- faster than anyone Akira had faced before.

But he was still faster. A change in target and the metal stick had still managed to score a hit on the creature, albeit not in the location he had wanted.

“Tch..!”

The acid that had sprayed out of the wound had gotten on him. Not too dangerous, but it had left a burn mark.

This was a dangerous opponent. Incredibly fast, capable of moving through the building with ease and spitting out webbing that just binded Masahiro. Even if one could hit it, it released that acidic puss. And at the speeds it had moved at, he was the only one in the group who could hit it- Masahiro and Mark were too slow. His own speed didn’t seem fast enough to avoid it either, and it seemed to be angry at him. This monster was almost certainly the one that had killed all those people in the hallway they were just in.

It should have felt rather frightening. But it didn’t- Akira had felt more pumped than ever. Excitement rushed through him, and he prepared to strike again. There was a big chance that they could all end dying here, but there was always a little danger in any fighting. It just wouldn’t be the same if there wasn’t.

Then-


-"AKIRA! GRAB THE STICK MASAHIRO DROPPED AND HIT THAT THING WITH IT, NOW! TRUST ME! IT'S A SPECIAL ONE!"

-What? Had Mark snapped under the pressure and lost it? How could a stick be ‘special’er than any of the other ones?

“Have you gone crazy!? Ugh -Fine!”

Then again, a lot of crazy things had happened- he would trust Mark, just this once. Switching sticks wouldn’t make their situation any worse, at least. And Mark seemed pretty serious about it- it didn’t seem like he was crazy just yet.

Leaving the stick in his left hand, he moved to duck downwards and grab the stick that Masahiro had left when he’d been webbed. Discarding the old stick as he picked it up, he looked around and-

There.

-charged at the creature once more, the reinforced stick in hand. His decision had been simple to make, and the fact that even a successful hit would result in a spray of acid hardly deterred him. This creature might have been able to prey on the humans before with ease, but Akira was not going to be easy prey for it.

“Hah!”

He swung the stick, aiming again directly at the leg joints of the monster.

Sei
June 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Park, Mysterious Building
Time Unknown (Late Evening)


Akira Kurogane

"Sit up, please," pulling Rolanda into a sitting position after most of the complex procedures had been taken care of, I began to wrap the gauze around the wounded parts of her body, moving whatever torn parts of her clothing threatened the now sterile nature of her wounds. I wasn't particularly thinking about modesty, after all, both of us were girls, and I wasn't moving too much of her clothing around anyway, but finally, after I bound the gauze in place with medical tape, I allowed myself to relax a bit, my expression returning to a less cold, but still rather passive one.

"There, I think I'm done."

Using the tools at your disposal and carefully following your classmate's instructions, you manage to effectively treat the girl's wounds. Though you weren't too sure of your medical ability at first, you can safely say that you've just done a doctor somewhere proud. In fact, following Rolanda's instructions, you feel that you've just done a job others would think impossible. With that in mind, you feel your spirits lift and feel you can breathe with relief.

Akira's Will +1
Rolanda regains 55 HP.
Rolanda: 20 HP + 55 HP = 75 HP

Of course there is a limit to what you can do, but that does not lessen the deed. So long as Rolanda gets some rest and doesn't push herself, you feel confident she'll be well again in due time.


I couldn't really think of anything else to say at the moment, so, looking away from Rolanda, I turned back towards the strange girl and asked-

"How many other people are in this place besides us? Do you know?"

"Depends," the girl answers immediately as she tosses a bag of potato chips at you, "If you're talking about this building, then I'm pretty sure it's just me and you guys. If there was someone else here, I'm sure they would have made themselves known by now. Buuut, if you're talking about this world, that's a completely different story. Sadly though, I wouldn't be able to answer that for you. This place is weird and people tend to die off pretty often."

Seeming to have lost interest in the conversation, the girl's eyes drift up towards the ceiling as she childishly rocks back and forth on the floor.

"Blood and iron to the flames. Mind and body cast into Hell... Those are the words, right?"

As the girl looks off into nothing, you can't help but feel that she knows more than she is letting on.



Evgenia Ivanov

That said, I drifted away from the huddle of a group on the floor, making for the left staircase.

Climbing the stairs, you go up to the second floor in search of the "info wall" the mysterious girl was talking about. You expect it to be off in one of the wings, but what you find comes as somewhat of a surprise. Upon reaching the top, you're greeted to the sight of the wall immediately in front of you being covered almost completely in writing. By the looks of it, some of the text has become illegible with age and some is just illegible due to poor handwriting. Regardless, though it may take some time, you figure there absolutely has to be something useful here.

“This may be kind of stupid, but at the least it’s going to help me stay calm… My name is Maibara Daisuke of Sonohara Academy, Class 3-A. Me and some friends somehow ended up in an abandoned school building some ways from here. I went to look for food all over the place and hardly managed to come up with anything. By the time I found my way back to the school, it was painfully apparent that I’d never see my friends again. Anyways, if you’re reading this and you’re lucky enough to be here with someone you can trust, don’t get separated. Cover each other’s backs, first find shelter, then find food. For now, I’m going to keep moving and try to find a way out of here. I’ll try to leave messages on walls like this to help you out. This is day 14 for me. I’m going to do as much for you as I can.” –Maibara Daisuke

“Leon Myer was here. Writing on the wall and joining the effort. Got 5 here with me.” –Leon Myer, 17, Yoshikawa High Transfer Student

“My name is Mika. I’ll try to help too. I hope to run into you all soon.” -Sachida Mika

“This sounds cheesy, but I guess it can’t hurt to help out too.” –Souma

“Just out of curiosity, how did everyone else end up here? Last thing I remember is performing this weird ritual with my friends.” – Endoh Yuukimura

“Same.” –Makoto

“Ditto to that. I didn’t even want to do the damn thing in the first place. Now I’m knee deep in all kinds of weird shit.” –Keigo

“The one from Fuyuki? Guess it’s real after all… Anyone see a weird shadow?” –Suzume

“Yeah…Thing just popped out of nowhere and impaled my friend… Worse part is I couldn’t do anything about it. Think it has anything to do with this place?” –Fuuchide Akira

“I was wondering if anyone has encountered any students from Sonohara Academy. They’re my students and I got separated from them when I was chased by this monster. The last time I saw them, we were in an abandoned school building not that far from here, I believe. They’re likely wearing their navy blue, military style uniforms and there’s nine of them in total. Please, if you’ve see them, let me know as soon as you can.” –Ms. Takeda

“If it’s the same school I’m thinking about, they’re all probably dead by now. When I woke up in this place, that’s where I was. All that’s left there is blood and monsters. I was lucky to get out alive...” –Watanabe Yuma

“Damn, these things are everywhere. This place seems like the only place I can catch my breath! Those grey things… I thought they couldn’t see us, but the minute we started to move they just lunged at us!” –Keigo

“There are lots of them along the river. Either go at night or take the long way around and go down from the west bank. If you have the luxury, try to stay in a group of at least three. Dedicate at least one person to carrying essentials. That way, the other two can fight without being encumbered. ”- Souma

“Yeah. Adding on to what Souma said, if you follow the river you should end up in the city. This park is pretty big, so I recommend keeping track of where you’re going. Once you’re in the city, find a nice shop or something and get some rest. Souma and I will try to explore more of the area in the meantime.” – Hisagi Shuu

“Okay guys, this may seem like a lot, but it’s a message of survival. First off, I think it’s only necessary that we develop some kind of system of communication. Cell phones and the like seem to have their batteries drained extremely fast whenever we use them here. From what I’ve seen, I’d say we’d get 2-3 quick calls, tops. So try to use your cellphones only for an emergency. It’s not perfect, but this wall system seems to be working okay in terms of relaying information. This building seems to get a lot of traffic and is relatively safe compared to everywhere else I’ve seen. So for now, I think it’s only appropriate that we call this Base and this message center Wall #1. Second, since compasses don’t appear to work, I’ve taken the liberty to use this building’s position to set up directions. This back wall faces north and the entrance south. With this in mind, I recommend everyone head northwest to the mist’s edge and into the city. Sadly, there’s not much hope there, but it seems to be a good place to gather supplies. It should take about 45 minutes on foot.”-Maibara Daisuke

“Amazing Daisuke-san! Even if there’s no one in the city, it feels good knowing that someone is out there trying to help. And figuring out that this mist isn’t everywhere, thank you! And while we’re at it, we should come up with a name for those monsters so we can share information about them. So, I was thinking we could call those grey things, Cadavers. Because they move like zombies, you know.” – Mai

“Those fleshy-blobs that look like mashed-up bugs = Beezlebubs.” –Mai

“Sorry, last one. That really creepy black thing with the spines and the tail… we’ll call that the Hannibal. WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE!” –Mai

"Hey! We need some kind of solidarity! I think... we should call ourselves something like the Dwellers!" –Mai

“Great idea, Mai. This’ll really help share some strategies.” –Daisuke

I managed to meet up with a small group on my way back here. Along the way, we ran into a group of those things, Cadavers, and lost two of our own. Fortunately however, we managed to acquire one of the creature’s bodies without the others eating it. Upon cutting it open, we’ve immediately been able to determine that while it remains human in appearance, its anatomy is far from it. I’ve only been able to determine a few things because the body is so alien, but I believe that their heart is in their abdomen where the human diaphragm would be. Furthermore, the brain doesn’t seem to be located in their head, it’s mostly some kind of fluid sack with contents corrosive to the touch. I also believe them to be blind due to their movements and the fact that there are no nerves connecting their eyes to the rest of their body. We’ll be heading towards the city in the morning. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some tools to conduct a more thorough examination later.” –Ms. Takeda

“Finally made it this far. With the river being so close by, it’ll be nice to have some fresh water to drink after all this time.” –Kyouhei

“So did anyone ever figure out why the cellphones die so fast around here?” –Travis Bayer

“I saw on this one American show once that apparitions and spirits can use the energy from electrical devices to manifest themselves. It may be a little far-fetched, but maybe these things that are coming after us are using the energy.” –Miyahara Eichi

“Don’t drink the water. My friend got really sick. He’s okay now, but for the last three days I thought he was going to die…” –Emiri

“@Eichi: You might actually be on to something. After I used some high-level sorcery, a large swarm of monsters came out of nowhere not too long after. I hypothesize, based off of what you’ve said, that they either used or were attracted to the residual energy. There’s also the words of the ritual that sent us here to consider…” –Sora

“Sorcery? Why whatever are you boys talking about~? Oh. Also, the water was fine when I drank it. I found it quite refreshing.” –Nakami Nao

“Don’t drink the damn water!”-Souma

“Pro tip, if you find paper or something, don’t waste it trying to map out the area.” –Hisagi Shuu

“The water is harmless.”- Makoto

“Forget about the Cadavers and the damn water! Is everyone going to just ignore that fucking black armor that’s waltzing around!? For the love of god, please tell me you all aren’t that stupid!” -Nagato

“I’ve seen no such thing. And I’ve been here for awhile now. You sure it wasn’t a nightmare or something?” –Tousuke

“There’s no way. I’ve seen it too! I just didn’t want to talk about it because it all seemed so unreal… even for this place… That monster, that THING is different from the rest! Not only is it powerful, but it knows things the others don’t. If it sees you, it kills you. I just know it! And even if you manage to get away somehow, it finds you and torments you… First it made me watch as Mari-chan died…now it’s after me!!!” –Karin

“Pics or it didn’t fucking happen.” –Keigo

“I haven’t seen this thing either. Sure sounds scary enough though. Anyone have any more info on this thing?” –Fuuchide Akira

“How the fuck are we supposed to have info on something we’ve never seen, idiot? If you ask me, it just sounds like those two have cracked. I’m sure we’d havve all seen something like this already. Unless it’s Daisuke, Souma, or Shuu, shit like this ain’t worth listening to, in my opinion.” –Keigo

“So does anyone know what’s up with those loony zealots at the church in the city? I didn’t want to get too close to them, but it seems like some kind of cult is forming.” –Hachita Reiji

“I know of them. They refer to themselves as Neo-Salvanist and they claim to have figured out how to escape from this world. Although their methods seem highly questionable and I doubt anything will come of it. As you said, it’s a cult. They are nothing more than the delirious whom have become lost in despair. They pass around their women to rid themselves of sin and brainwash their members into believing something will come from these ‘ritual killings’.” –Nakami Nao

“Who’s the one placing all the flowers everywhere? I didn’t know we had flowers in this place.” –Shugo

“Mika.” –Makoto

“It would seem that there are three entry points into this world. I’ve examined the sites where people I’ve met say they woke up and it would seem so far that this is true. These locations are this park, a hospital near the city, and a school building to the southeast… Also, it would seem that the creatures inhabiting this world withdraw as night falls. I’m not sure exactly why this is yet; however, I can’t help but fear that there is good reason behind it. So if you can help it at all, try not to go out at night. Finally… I would once again like to ask if anyone has seen any students from Sonohara. Please… even the slightest bit of information will do.” –Ms. Takeda

“Ooooo~ You went to the hospital? Did you go up to the eighth floor by chance? How about down to the basement?” –Nakami Nao

“Chalk up Takeda on the list of useful people. I’ve seen some of her stuff on other walls. Good shit. But seriously woman, if you ain’t seen them yet, they’re beast shit by now.” –Keigo

“Everyone, if you’re going to the city, stay away from the area with that cult! They took my friend Chie and said that her body had to be sacrificed. I didn’t want to leave her, but I was lucky enough to get away. But… it cost me my left arm.” –Suzume

“I can’t take this anymore! I want to go home! Someone – anyone – you have to have found a way back!” –Suzume

“Maibara Daisuke is dead. Me, him, and Makoto-san were attacked by some kind of black armor. Daisuke-san… didn’t make it.” –Mika

“There’s no way… What are we going to do if Daisuke’s dead!? What the hell are we supposed to do!? Tell me, did he find a way out of this place? Did he say anything before he died? That guy is like the original Dweller or something isn’t he? He had to have at least been on to something!” –Shugo

“What about Makoto? Wasn’t she always with him?” –Hisagi Shuu

“I wonder. Makoto-chan did seem rather unstable last time I saw her…” –Nakami Nao

“As much as I hate to say it, I agree with Nao. As much as I think she just likes to start shit up, I’ve never had a good feeling about Makoto. And with all that power, it wouldn’t have been hard for her to cut down even someone as strong as Daisuke…” –Sato Shino

“So is everyone just going to ignore how Mika said something about that black armor!? That same black armor that I mentioned before!? Makoto may be weird, but she’s not going to kill one of her friends. Besides, Mika specifically said that the armor killed Daisuke, not Makoto.” –Nagato

“I don’t know much about Mika or Daisuke, but I’m pretty sure I saw that girl Makoto chowing down on a human arm just a day or two ago…”

“Here’s a theory, Makoto is this black armor that limp dick Nagato keeps bitching about. I mean, she does wear that black outfit. And hell, I’ve seen some weird shit happen in this world. So trust me when I say this, when someone goes bat-shit crazy, and you’re scared out of your mind, it’s not unusual to see something else. OH, and don’t forget how she’s always giving tips that contradict what people we know are right always say. And to top it all off, she is always revisiting places. Has she showed up to defend herself? I think not. Heh. For all we know Mika could be leeching off of her, as pathetic as she is.” –Keigo

“We don’t have the time for this. We have to move forward now more than ever. I think it’s about time we leave this place behind and find a new main base. Everyone, if you’re reading this, come to the Vanille Hotel at Mist’s Edge. I know that a lot of you want to avoid it because of the Neo-Salvanist cult, but Daisuke spent a great deal of time in the area. I feel strongly that may mean something.” –Hisagi Shuu


“Daisuke’s last words: ‘Don’t give up.’” –Makoto

“Maibara Daisuke. Sonohara Academy, Class 3-A. 3235 days. He truly was a light in the darkness.”
As you examine the scene, you can't help but notice a familiar option resting against the wall at the right end of the hall. Confused as to what it may be doing here, yet somewhat eased by its sight, you walk over and retrieve it without even thinking.

Obtained Perun.

Airen
June 27th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Akira Kurogane
Park, Mysterious Building
Time Unknown (Late Evening)




"Depends," the girl answers immediately as she tosses a bag of potato chips at you, "If you're talking about this building, then I'm pretty sure it's just me and you guys. If there was someone else here, I'm sure they would have made themselves known by now. Buuut, if you're talking about this world, that's a completely different story. Sadly though, I wouldn't be able to answer that for you. This place is weird and people tend to die off pretty often."

Seeming to have lost interest in the conversation, the girl's eyes drift up towards the ceiling as she childishly rocks back and forth on the floor.

"Blood and iron to the flames. Mind and body cast into Hell... Those are the words, right?"

As the girl looks off into nothing, you can't help but feel that she knows more than she is letting on.


I accepted the food without a thought, my hands instinctively opening the bag of potato chips as I turned my thoughts towards the situation at hand, wondering what that last sentence had to do with any of the other things this girl had told me. It seemed a bit random in the grand scheme of things-

-No. I had heard something like that before...

What had Haruka said?



Blood and iron to the flames. Mind and body cast into Hell.
The heart falls upon thy sword and forsaken life is woven into thy vessel.
The inferno is birthed from collective sin spilling out and thrown to the four directions.
Death and rebirth. Constructed five times over, the defiled body paves the way to unholy ruin.
Even still, a hollowed being is a simple price to pay.
Therefore, I announce---
You whoms fate shall be chained to my own as mine chained to yours,
in accordance with price to claim the Holy Grail, if your avarice extends beyond emotion, reason, pain, and torment, then answer!
I am the one who will become all the good of the world of the dead.
You are the one who will become all the evil of the world of the living.
So, great keeper of balance clad in chaos, step through this magic ring and release me from these chains which bind reality!
Allow me the chance to grasp that which is seeped in blood and sorrow!



Those were the words of the ritual that had apparently sent us into this place that resembled a nightmare. I supposed it made sense the girl would know it if she was here in this place, after all, who would come to a world like this of their own free will? Looking around the room a bit, I realized that Evgenia had yet to return from her trip up onto the second floor, and felt a small feeling of paranoia, wondering if some sort of monster was still lurking in this supposedly safe place. I hadn't heard any screams, but that didn't really rule anything out in a place that was full of creatures that had no right to exist in the modern world.

Should I go up after her? Or just wait here?

It was probably best to trust in my classmate. After all, if we were going to be stuck here for awhile, we would have to move out of each others sight at some point...

Besides, I would feel weird leaving Rolanda and Troph by themselves with this stranger whose name we still didn't know...

Still, the girl seemed nice enough...

"Those words are from a ritual right?" Smiling in an attempt to be friendly, I directed my complete attention towards the strange girl, "If we can't go outside it looks like we'll be stuck here for the night. My name is Akira, what's yours?"

Haha, look at me, attempting to be more social...

What a night.

Sei
June 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Park, Mysterious Building
Time Unknown (Late Evening)


Akira Kurogane

"Those words are from a ritual right?" Smiling in an attempt to be friendly, I directed my complete attention towards the strange girl, "If we can't go outside it looks like we'll be stuck here for the night. My name is Akira, what's yours?"

Hearing your words, the girl brings her sight back down to level. Pausing for a moment, she begins to place all of her belongings back in her bag, save for what seem to be a couple of shrubs and herbs, and looks over towards the west wing for a moment.

"Well, it's not like we can't go outside. It's just that it'll be dark soon and the fog makes it near impossible to see at night. As unbelievable as it may seem, it's actually safer to move at night around here. Because the monsters don't seem to be out as much..."

After trailing off into a moment of thought, the girl's face lights up as if she'd just remembered something. Soon afterwards, her head finally moves to return your gaze and the girl's face glows with a brilliant smile.

"Oh. And yeah. Guess I did forget to give you my name. It's Nao. Nakami Nao. It's a pleasure to meet you, Akira-kun~"

I3uster
June 27th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Maiko Kisaragi
Hospital Building - Time Unknown

It bit her shoulder.

She wounded it only slightly, and the pain that filled her mind right now was like a lesson to her.

If you are weak, there is only more pain waiting for you.

She shouldn't have closed her eyes. She should have ensured that her hit counted, but she...she was just weak again. Where was her resolve? Why did she manage to get up only to fall back down again?

Pain. She was used to greater agony, but still, this was not some girls teasing her and beating her up, this was a life-or-death scenario.

Pain equaled death.

She did not scream. She made peace with the idea of dying to protect the others after all. Even if she was worthless for protecting them, she could at least buy them time.

But it seemed that she was too useless even for this task...


"KISARAGIIIIIIII-!"

The boy quickly took care of the Ghoul, smashing it into the others...but what was this? He was clad in some kind of armor reminding her of an old Tatsunoko cartoon she once saw.

Was he a Kamen Rider? Or a Wizard? Where did that come from? What was even happening right now?

Masahiro...it was clearly Masahiro...his voice...his attitude...he was quite literally her knight in shining armor at this point.


"Sorry, I was selfish." He said, not looking back. "Are you alright...?"

She could only nod in awe at this absolutely selfless action of him. How could he even say he was selfish? The monster that attacked them must be taken care off too...but still...the boy made her the priority...

Maybe it wasn't so bad to live after all. Maybe they both could get out of this alive...and then...

Only a whimper escaped her lips. She shouldn't cry right now. Masahiro was strong, and she had to be too if she wanted to get out of here alive. With him.
"I won't let any of them lay a finger on you again." But this was the decision he had taken. "If they do...I'll kill them."

With new resolve, she wiped her eyes, readying her stick.

"T-thanks!"

And so she stood there, watching the toppled Ghoul horde, waiting for the next move of her team.

Airen
June 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Akira Kurogane
Park, Mysterious Building
Time Unknown (Late Evening)




"Well, it's not like we can't go outside. It's just that it'll be dark soon and the fog makes it near impossible to see at night. As unbelievable as it may seem, it's actually safer to move at night around here. Because the monsters don't seem to be out as much..."

After trailing off into a moment of thought, the girl's face lights up as if she'd just remembered something. Soon afterwards, her head finally moves to return your gaze and the girl's face glows with a brilliant smile.

"Oh. And yeah. Guess I did forget to give you my name. It's Nao. Nakami Nao. It's a pleasure to meet you, Akira-kun~"

I blinked.

"They don't come out as much as night? That's a bit odd," I paused for a moment before I continued, my gaze aimed at the ceiling, "Why would monsters go away because it's dark? That would be the perfect time to attack..."

If what she said about the fog was true, then there had to be a reason that the monsters left during what could be considered prime hunting conditions for things like the Cadavers, who didn't actually use their eyes to find their prey.

Was it because... Something worse than them came out at night?

It seemed plausible enough, but I put the thought from my mind for now.

"Nakami Nao?" I smiled, "That's a very nice name, you really saved us with the First Aid kit, thank you." Looking over at her repacked bags, and remembering that she had glanced towards the West Wing I couldn't help but ask, "Do you stay in this room at night? Or do you go some other room? Wouldn't the upstairs rooms be better at keeping things out?"

It was possible that she simply liked to keep her stuff in a more mobile fashion, so that she could run if unfriendly things showed up, but I was genuinely curious.

RacingeR
June 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Aki Fumi – “Crimson”
Abandoned School – Evening

Tetsuro stood, bracing himself as he challenged the monster head on. Vaguely, Aki noticed Shizuka scribbling something with chalk, and that some of the gore from that middle aged man’s corpse had fallen on her.

But she did not care.

Her eyes couldn’t abandon the monster that stood in front of them. Pain and suffering had a limit on how entertaining they could be, and it did not seem like the other kind of entertainment would be possible in such a group.

But battle... now that was something that never got old. Not that she could’ve avoided it anyway. It was after all, what she had been born to do.

Ethan picked the gun, interrupting her thoughts. She felt her mind clearer than ever, and knew that her eyes had become two blots of red ink yet again. Crimson knew that without a plan, they would die against this thing, this demon just like her.

That was why she strolled towards Ethan, and without missing a beat, started to whisper to his ear instructions of how to use the gun. Just the basics, and she had no real way to train him, but this would be at least good enough for this battle.

She didn’t interrupt herself even when Tetsuro was sent flying backwards by the impact of a spell. It was another troublesome variable she would have to take care of, anyway.

When she finished, someone charged towards the monster. She expected it to be Odo, or Tetsuro, or even Shizuka. She did not expect to see Merry charging ahead towards the dark monster.

In Crimson’s mind, the memory of the photo that had been shown to her some minutes ago was fresh. The creature that they had killed there had been somehow fused to the floor, and she had at first suspected Tetsuro-sensei of having more than it seemed under his sleeve.

But now, if she wasn’t wrong...

This was a plan that could work.

Her presence extended forwards like a twisted miasma, the air around her shuddering with the mere action. A burst of wind was sent into Merry’s legs, making her speed up even more.

At the time the girl screamed “Attach!” a second burst of wind was prepared, to stop the oncoming counter-attack...

She hoped this would work. After this, she was going to be shit out of energy.

Use 3:

[Special Ability. Can increase up to two stats by 4 points a each for 1 turn. Cost 15 MP per stat increase.]

Increased Merry’s AGI and DEF.

MssrNeko
June 27th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Ethan Kane
Abandoned School
Time Unknown

Bad start to an already horrible situation. The monster ahead suddenly summoned fire - shadow fire, for fuck's sake - and hit Sakaki-sensei with it. Luckily our teacher seemed okay.

Just as I was thinking on how the hell that monster did that, Aki walked up to me and started whispering instructions in my ear. I quickly nod and carefully deposit Haruka next to Shizuka. "Take care of her, Shizuka. I'll be back." Leaving with a determined smile, I take my place with the others fighting.

Merry had just charged the monster. At the same time a weird wind picked up and she was moving even faster.

All I could do was wait. Wait for the moment...

[Ethan is targeting Mephist's head and waiting]

SeiKeo
June 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evgenia Ivanov
Mysterious Building, Second Floor
Time Unknown, Late Evening

You.

Picking up the fine instrument, I ran my hands over the black carbon polymer, light as a feather if not for the stainless steel barrel. A flick of my hand undid my red scarf, using it to caress the material... for no effect. Perfectly clean, in order... perfect, like in a dream. It's a dream. Impossible... The bolt even glides perfectly, making nary a sound. This is...

Not to be questioned. If anything, this just is a final confirmation of life. A whisper, telling me... telling me truth.

Taking the three magazines lying next to it - ah, world - I tied two into my scarf, tucking it back into place and slotting the last one into the weapon itself. Now, this wall...


“Just out of curiosity, how did everyone else end up here? Last thing I remember is performing this weird ritual with my friends.” – Endoh Yuukimura

Correct - to be considered, phenomena not isolated. Inquire as to intent.


“Damn, these things are everywhere. This place seems like the only place I can catch my breath! Those grey things… I thought they couldn’t see us, but the minute we started to move they just lunged at us!” –Keigo

Affirmed - T-Rex strategies required.


“Yeah. Adding on to what Souma said, if you follow the river you should end up in the city. This park is pretty big, so I recommend keeping track of where you’re going. Once you’re in the city, find a nice shop or something and get some rest. Souma and I will try to explore more of the area in the meantime.” – Hisagi Shuu

World not limited - wide. City dangerous, but supplies required. Move party? House not known as secure, city worse. Do not split. Abandon?


“Okay guys, this may seem like a lot, but it’s a message of survival. First off, I think it’s only necessary that we develop some kind of system of communication. Cell phones and the like seem to have their batteries drained extremely fast whenever we use them here. From what I’ve seen, I’d say we’d get 2-3 quick calls, tops. So try to use your cellphones only for an emergency. It’s not perfect, but this wall system seems to be working okay in terms of relaying information. This building seems to get a lot of traffic and is relatively safe compared to everywhere else I’ve seen. So for now, I think it’s only appropriate that we call this Base and this message center Wall #1. Second, since compasses don’t appear to work, I’ve taken the liberty to use this building’s position to set up directions. This back wall faces north and the entrance south. With this in mind, I recommend everyone head northwest to the mist’s edge and into the city. Sadly, there’s not much hope there, but it seems to be a good place to gather supplies. It should take about 45 minutes on foot.”-Maibara Daisuke

Coordination impossible, imperative to not split maintained. All supplies must be mobile. Compasses not working, world confirmed limited and/or alter - flat, coreless, giant turtle? Sub-dimension?


I managed to meet up with a small group on my way back here. Along the way, we ran into a group of those things, Cadavers, and lost two of our own. Fortunately however, we managed to acquire one of the creature’s bodies without the others eating it. Upon cutting it open, we’ve immediately been able to determine that while it remains human in appearance, its anatomy is far from it. I’ve only been able to determine a few things because the body is so alien, but I believe that their heart is in their abdomen where the human diaphragm would be. Furthermore, the brain doesn’t seem to be located in their head, it’s mostly some kind of fluid sack with contents corrosive to the touch. I also believe them to be blind due to their movements and the fact that there are no nerves connecting their eyes to the rest of their body. We’ll be heading towards the city in the morning. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some tools to conduct a more thorough examination later.” –Ms. Takeda

Work done for you - excellent. Altered biology... what cause? Dream, dream, where are you generated? This seems to not be me...


“@Eichi: You might actually be on to something. After I used some high-level sorcery, a large swarm of monsters came out of nowhere not too long after. I hypothesize, based off of what you’ve said, that they either used or were attracted to the residual energy. There’s also the words of the ritual that sent us here to consider…” –Sora

Naturally - large scale magic present with group. Abandon/sacrifice/circle/overwhelm? Issue.

Conflicting reports on water - do not take chance. Assume unsafe unless somehow otherwise determined... issue may be non-mundane, consider risking magic - otherwise decamp for city as fast as reasonably possible.

Black armor... impossible to deal with, ignore. Situation severable.

And then, death. Irrelevant. Ignore.

I crept back downstairs, speaking in a low voice. "Water?"

Sei
June 28th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hospital Building
Time Unknown (Late Evening)


Fukuda Masahiro

He quickly grabbed the ghoul, lifted over his head and threw it at the other three, careful not to hit his other comrade in the process.

With your body encased in armor, a new power quickly rises from within you. Your mind does not process it. Your body does not realize it. But threw this materialization of a small miracle, you gain so much strength that you are able to lift the undead creature clear over your head with ease. Wishing simply to protect your friend, you hurl the flailing body further than humanly possible and send it flying over towards two of the other creatures.

The first to feel the force of your display is the one at the base of the stairs; its whole upper body getting caught by the hapless form. The next is the ghoul pushing itself off of the floor next to Keigo. All three of the decomposing foes collide and crash on the ground with a single, harmonized, fleshy sound.

Battle CalculationMasahiro's Speed
-8 (Masahiro's AGI) > 5 (Ghoul's EVA)
Masahiro's Attack
-18+5 (Masahiro's STR) - 5 (Ghoul's DEF) = 18 damage
--Follow-Up damage (Ghoul 3): 13 HP - 9 damage = 4 HP
---Follow-Up damage (Ghoul 1): 8 HP - 9 damage = 0 HPGhoul 4 takes 18 damage.
Ghoul 4 is dead.
Ghoul 3 takes 9 damage.
Ghoul 1 takes 9 damage.
Ghoul 1 is dead.

Two of the bodies fall apart with one semi-dead monster still clawing around. The weight of its brethren however restrict its movement and it can't seem to get up the strength to free itself. Almost as if realizing this, the ghoulish creature begins to struggle more.


Keigo Yamamoto

Keigo firmly sets himself into position, sets the metal pipe's pointed end downward and stabs towards the creature's back of the neck. There is no way he was going to miss the attack. He would move out no sooner the pest has been dealt with. He feels that something bad may happen if they stay where they are. He couldn't quite point his finger on it, but they needed to moblize and do so now.

Your weapon of choice stabs down and the nuisance chewing away at your ankle. Your confident that you can't miss in attacking something so slow; however, you decide now is as good a time as ever to deal with this particular enemy. And sure enough, having used up all of its energy in its last attack, the creature is easy prey for you. Your spear breaks away the rotten muscle, lodges itself between the brittle vertebrae, and decapitates the creature all in one go.

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Enemy is unable to act.
Precision granted.Battle CalculationKeigo's Speed
-14 (Keigo's AGI) > 5 (Ghoul's EVA)
Keigo's Attack
-12 (Keigo's STR) - 5 (Ghoul's DEF) = 7 damage
--Precision: 7 damage x 1.5 = 10.5 damageGhoul 2 suffers 10.5 damage.
Ghoul 2 has been decapitated.
Ghoul 2 is dead.


Akira Kyokushin

He swung the stick, aiming again directly at the leg joints of the monster.

Sticking to the same strategy as before, you aim for the creature's legs once again and hope that this time will yield better results. Being the only one fast enough to even land a hit on the creature, it's up to you to cripple it to the point where the rest of the team can damage. Otherwise, you realize that you have a long and arduous battle ahead of you. The only question is whether or not the enemy will give in first or the building...

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Dice Roll of 16 or more needed.
Die rolls 5.
Precision failed.
But as fate would have it, your luck comes up bad once again as the giant insectoid perceives your attack and avoids fatal injury once more. Gritting your teeth at the tenacity of your opponent, you do the same as before and simply adjust the angle of your attack. You may have failed in crippling the target, but you can still hit it. What's more, your weapon this time is 'special' and you can feel power flowing from it as you swing at its body.

Akira's Speed
-22 (Akira's AGI) > 17 (Beelzebub's EVA)
Akira's Attack
-18+6 (Akira's STR) - 8 (Beelzebub's DEF) = 16 damageBeelzebub suffers 16 damage.

The monster lets out pained cry so loud it threatens to bring the weakened structure down on top you. With your weapon easily breaking through the exoskeleton and buggy flesh of the beast, more of the acidic puss from before jets out from the wound and lands on your stomach as you draw back.

Akira suffers 4 damage.

Having already been struck twice, the insect looks at you with rage in every single one of its eyes. While it has managed to avoid serious injury until this point, you can tell that it isn't exactly pleased with your attempts. But you can feel that you are pushing it into a corner. You have landed 2 solid attacks and you have done serious damage on both occasions. The beast is slowly being worn down and you feel that soon it will fall. But you know from experience that such only means it's starting to get desperate.

Readying your weapon once again, you begin to move in to deliver the final blow. However, as you do, the creature lets out a furious cry as a set of miserable wings erupt from its back. Seeing this development, you quickly hault, but not before the enemy moves in on you. You raise your weapon to guard, but the long, mantis-like leg extending from its back flails and bends in a violent, unpredictable manner. Unable to perceive where the attack is coming from, you can only guard your head as a force nails you in the side and sends you flying to the bottom of the stairs.

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Dice Roll of 18 or more needed.
Die rolls 10.
Precision failed.Battle CalculationBeelzebub's Speed
-20 (Beelzebub's AGI) > 16 (Akira's EVA)
Beelzebub's Attack
-35 (Beelzebub's STR) - 18 (Akira's DEF) = 17 damageAkira suffers 17 damage.

With its oppressor pushed back, the fly-like creature lets out a lesser cry and quickly lifts itself off of the ground with its wings. Soon after, it zips away through the hole leading outside. While the muffled buzzing of its wings resounds loudly at first, it soon dies down and becomes nonexistent.

It would seem that you have driven off the pest. However, you're sure it's not the last time you'll be seeing it. Your gut tells you so.

100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed

Beezlebub
ATK (35), DEF (8), AGI (20), EVA (17)

Burrow: Beelzebub possesses the ability to dig through almost any surface to travel, retreat, or attack its prey.

Corpse Possessing Swarm: Beelzebub has the ability to produce a swarm of flies from its abdomen which can possess and control corpses.

Devil Thread: Once per turn, the Beelzebub can spray its target with a strong thread which reduces AGI and EVA. The thread can be broken through a single or combined effort of 15 STR.

Poisonous Puss: When hit, the Beelzebub releases a acidic puss which deals damage to the attacker equal to 1/4 of the damage taken (rounded to nearest whole).

Flight: Possessing a miserable pair of wings itself, the Beelzebub is capable of flight.

All of the Beelzebub's abilities have been revealed.

Ghoul
HP (15), ATK (15), DEF (5), AGI (8), EVA (5)

Lunge: The ghoul makes a desperate attempt to catch its enemy. AGI +7 during attack. Can't act next turn.

All of the Ghoul's abilities have been revealed.

Blackdeath6031
June 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Kuboiha Shizuka
School Building – Time unknown
HP: ??/MP: ??/Will: 9/SAN: ??

Seeing the face of a miner striking gold on Ethan's face, Shizuka smilied in spite of their situation.

"Shizuka, catch!"

Moving his right hand to catch the piece of chalk, he quickly moved to use...

"Take care of her, Shizuka. I'll be back."
Pursing his lips bitterly as he sees their slumbering princess enter his field of vision, Shizuka clicked his tongue and pocketed the chalk, moving his body to slip his arms under Haruka's body and carry her slightly further away.

Muttering a slight prayer under his breath even though he had doubts it'd work, he faced their weight and lightly slapped her cheeks impatiently.

"Oy, Haruka-buchou. Just how long do you plan to be out?!"

Darn it...
Within his head as he started to try and remove their dead weight, he felt wells of despair as he reflected upon both this and the last fight.
...Why? Why am I the only one whose not fighting?!
After all those years I've trained...and yet its still not enough??
Don't fucking screw with me!

Maybe they're afraid of you? What you can do...what you are?

Shizuka froze for a moment, then obviously more irritated, he resumed slapping Haruka's cheeks, much quicker and forceful than before.

"Hah..." He whispered while twisting his face in incredulous disbelief. "As if...what I am? I'm a normal human, that's what!"
Until that happened, at least...​

Optimus
June 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mark Walker
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

-"HEY! One of the corpses is still moving, someone take care of it fast! I'll go pick Akira and let's get the fuck out of here as fast as possible!"

When approaching Akira, he feared that the bug's attack had killed him, but thankfully he'd been only knocked away. After a quick examination he seemed to have suffered some burns due to its acidic puss and a wound in the place where the monster had struck him, and he seemed to still be conscious. Good, as far as things went. For now. While he hadn't suffered any deadly wounds, they'd at least need a first aid kit. Something they did not have, or rather they did not bother to look for. And now it wasn't the time to stop to look for one, not in this kind of place.

-"Well damn. Can you stand up Akira?" - Said Mark, extending his hand towards Akira-

Bloble
June 29th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Sakaki Tetsuro
Abandoned School, Hallway
Time Unknown, Late Evening

As the black fire burned through his body, only one thought crossed Sakaki Tetsuro's mind.

it hurts

He'd been prepared for pain. He had been ready to try and take an attack capable of smashing an ordinary person to pieces, even.

it hurts

But this wasn't any ordinary attack. These flames did not exist naturally. Even as he writhed and screamed, Tetsuro felt the pain down to his very soul.

it hurts

He stumbled back, and fell to the floor, the back of his head smashing into the ground, and his sight erupting in a blinding white flash for a second.

it doesn't hurt

That was enough. The mundane, simple pain was enough to bring him back to his senses. Tetsuro shut out the pain, ignored the steam rising from his clothes and the blood in his mouth, and rose to his feet, unwilling to let his foolish students fight that thing by themselves.

No, it wasn't a thing. He heard it. Grinning. Speaking to him. It was amused. It was intelligent.

And, Tetsuro realised, it was unimaginably cruel.

The teacher sprinted forward, his legs pumping and pushing his body towards the enemy. His hand hadn't let go of the baseball bat despite the pain, and the teacher's grip only tightened as he neared his opponent.

And Merry.

"You...!" He could've cursed his student for running straight at something that could kill a man with a blow. He could've screamed at Merry to stop, and get back. He could've begged, and tried vainly to catch the small shape that seemed to be moving like the wind itself, but he didn't. Instead, Sakaki Tetsuro locked eyes with the monster before him, and answered its challenge.

"Don't get cocky!" He yelled, and leapt forward, swinging his sword across, and aiming to slice the monster's head from its shoulders.

Mellon
June 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Troph
Mysterious Building, Main Lobby
Time Unknown, Evening

Since their little exploration trip seemingly fell on the wayside with the appearance of this new and interesting interloper (and Evgenia already disappeared, presumably looking for the so called "info wall" on the second floor), Troph calmly sat down, seemingly content to just observe the conversation occurring between Akira and this Nakami Nao. Things were progressing somewhat smoothly on curing Rolanda as well, as Akira, under Rolanda's instructions, started bandaging her up with surprising efficiency.

From the look on her face as she glared at Nao, it seemed that she was already healthy enough to maintain her normal disposition. Indeed, what would they do without that delightfully petty and quite over-confident little girl?



"Well, it's not like we can't go outside. It's just that it'll be dark soon and the fog makes it near impossible to see at night. As unbelievable as it may seem, it's actually safer to move at night around here. Because the monsters don't seem to be out as much..."


Hoo? Impossible to see? No monsters? This was... peculiar to say the least. He would expect at least some sort of ambient lighting, from the moon and the stars at the very least. But who knew? Maybe this place had no moon or stars? A desolate world deprived of light. Next someone will tell him that this is a parallel world that reflects the dark nature of mankind or whatnot. As for the monsters... there was really only one reason why they would not come out would be due to something stopping them. Those so called "Cadavers" they met surely did not need any sort of light to hunt their prey, so they would definitely not be hindered by the darkness.

Paying close attention to the situation, Troph, quite uncharacteristically for him, sat silently with his back to the wall and his eyes clouded in thought.

Sei
June 30th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Abandoned School
Time Unknown (Late Evening)


Aki Fumi – “Crimson”

She hoped this would work. After this, she was going to be shit out of energy.

Just as these words leave your lips, you feel something "intrusive" making its way into your body. The sensation is discomforting, yet soothing; itchy, yet energizing. It is as if countless little fire ants are eating their way through every inch of your body and filling it with a gentle warmth once reaching your very flesh. You know this to be nothing else but the feel of magical energy. Some how, it is returning to you and fills you with nothing short of simple ecstasy.

But you can't help but wonder how.

Seeing how no one else around you seems capable of such a thing, you hone your mind in on the stream of energy passing through you and sensitize your senses to it. Before too long, you find yourself fixated on the unconscious Haruka; a person void of any kind of magical energy whatsoever, but pouring it out as if it is unlimited.

With your power somewhat restored, an opponent behind you, and an unexpected development taking place before you, you can't help but feel that the surprises will never end. In the back of your mind, you feel compelled to thank Haruka for the entertainment once she awakes.

Aki's MP restored by 25.


Merry

This wasn't a creature that we could topple in a single instant. There was no way it was that weak. Still, by sealing its joints with attachment, by taking away the freedom of its movement, every attack that would follow would be made easier.

I could only hope that it had no idea what I was going to do.

"Attach!"

You lunge forward with only your life to lose. Everything is pushed aside, even your own sanity, as you put everything you have and more into this desperate attempt. Physical limitations break away as your mind goes numb. All noise fades away as your target draws nearer. Moving as if the wind itself is behind you, the need for survival gives rise to untapped potential which immediately begins to wear away at its mortal container.

The distance is trivial.

Your body is ready.

Your heart is racing.

As you reach out, you know well in your mind that the success of your efforts is guaranteed. You're only inches away, and the opponent is far too large to evade properly in this closed space.

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Dice Roll of 16 or more needed.
Die rolls 20.
Precision successful.Battle CalculationMerry's Speed
-26 (Merry's AGI) > 20 (Mephist's EVA)
Merry's Attack
-22 (Merry's MAG) - 15 (Mephist's M.DEF) = 7 damageMephist suffers 7 damage.

You grab a firm hold of the demon's leathery knee and call out the single verse which activates the spell. Soon, you both see and feel the contorting distortion occurring withing the monster's body. It only takes a few seconds, but that's all it takes. With a muffled crack, you confirm that your plan is a huge success.

Mephist's AGI & EVA reduced by 5.

But one thing sticks out in your mind as odd. Despite the sheer amount of pain such and operation would cause to anything, you target hasn't let out so much as a whimper. Naturally you expected the black giant to be a tough opponent, but this is something completely different. As a cold chill races up and down your spine, you slowly lift your head and find yourself gazing directly into eyes glowing in the darkness.

With a low, monstrous sigh, the monster's arm rises from the side and reaches for your body. As the situation sinks in, you decide that now is the opportune time to retreat now that your foe is crippled. Having already established that you are faster than it in prime condition, you make a big jump back to escape the monster's grasp.

However, it doesn't happen. Despite being able to establish a short distance between you and the enemy, it still reaches you, grabbing a firm hold off your head. You soon after feel the monster's talon pricking at the sides of your head and the slow, crushing pain of its clutch. Weightlessness soon follows as it lifts your small body several feet into the air, dangling you well over its own giant height. Helplessness is what comes next... As the black beast releases a breath which could be confused for smoke, you feel your body drop from its suspension as you weight sends you into a short free-fall. But the real terror comes in seeing the giant's fist speeding towards your body, sinking deep into your stomach, and feeling certain that the resulting force will make your insides burst.

Battle CalculationMephist's Speed
-15 (Mephist's AGI) > 7 (Merry's EVA)
Mephist's Attack
-[50/2] (Mephist's ATK) - [15-5] (Merry's DEF) = 15 damageMerry suffers 15 damage.
Kurogane Merry: 90 HP - 15 damage = 75 HP
Merry's Will -1.

You fly backwards, just as your comrade had done before you. You hit the floor hard and tumble over your own head and shoulders upon doing so. You can't deny that you're hurt; however, surprisingly, your body isn't blown apart. But in the end, that doesn't alleviate the massive point in your gut.

For now you've avoided death, but you can't help but wonder exactly how much longer you can do so. After putting everything into your attack and still failing to hamper your opponent's morale, you can't help but feel despair slowly creeping up on your heels.

Merry's Will and Sanity -1.


Sakaki Tetsuro

"You...!" He could've cursed his student for running straight at something that could kill a man with a blow. He could've screamed at Merry to stop, and get back. He could've begged, and tried vainly to catch the small shape that seemed to be moving like the wind itself, but he didn't. Instead, Sakaki Tetsuro locked eyes with the monster before him, and answered its challenge.

"Don't get cocky!" He yelled, and leapt forward, swinging his sword across, and aiming to slice the monster's head from its shoulders.

As you close the gap between you and your challenger, you watch in horror as the little girl is plucked from the ground and sent tumbling past you as you advance. Painfully aware of what has just happened, you steel your emotions, if only momentarily, and ignore the student for now. You thought that you could make it in time, but you couldn't. All that is left now is to end this fight and get everyone to safety.

With just a few feet left between you and the beast, you lunge forward with all your strength and swing to end it all in one strike.

Precision CheckDice Roll to check for fatal strike.
Dice Roll of 16 or more needed.
Die rolls 14.
Precision failed.Battle CalculationTetsuro's Speed
-12 (Tetsuro's AGI) < 15 (Mephist's EVA)
Tetsuro's attack has been avoidedTetsuro's attack has missed.

"Pathetic..."

In the midst of your attack, you hear the monster utter something in its low, booming voice. Faster than you can even react, the giant quickly turns its body to face you, raising its leg up at a sharp angle, catching you in the stomach, and bringing you up and over its head as it completes its turn and throws you to the dusty floor.

Refusing to give in, you push yourself up and get back onto your feet. But no sooner than you can do this and face your enemy, the giant catches you in the shoulder with a high-speed hammerfist that sends you flying sideways into the bloodied wall.

Battle CalculationMephist's Speed
-15 (Mephist's AGI) > 4 (Tetsuro's EVA)
Mephist's Attack
-50 (Mephist's ATK) - [25-5] (Tetsuro's DEF) = 30 damageTetsuro suffers 30 damage.
Sakaki Tetsuro: 188.5 HP - 30 damage = 158.5 HP

"If you couldn't save a child back then, what makes you think you can save one now?"

Without even turning to meet your gaze, the black monster says something cyptic and distant.

100%

How Desperate Are You~?
I'm sure I've told you this before, but I feel I should remind you in case you've forgotten. You see, in this lovely little world, one's will to live and one's ability to remain sane are key to survival. I suppose... But should you find one of these lacking, you can always trade a few points from one to boost up the other. And if you so choose, you can even use your Sanity to boost your Will up to high-tension at 25~ The boost you get from high Will this way isn't neccesarily as potent as if it's obtained naturally, but it still gives a nice bonus of +5 to everything needed for combat.

However... I suppose I should warn you that doing this isn't as convenient as it sounds. Because if you reach high-tension through expediated means and fail to finish off the target... why... you may just find your "spirit crushed"~ Do take care~


100%

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
ATK (50), AGI (25), EVA (25), MAG (35), M.DEF (15)

Shadow Flame: Mephist is capable of creating powerful black flames which it can manipulate into projectiles to attack its enemies. Cost 25 MP. Spell speed = 25.

Large Body: When fighting in a small space, AGI and EVA reduced by 5 due to having a large body. However, because the space available to prey becomes limited, opponent's AGI and EVA reduced by 3.

Close Combat: When engaging a target in close-quarters combat, enemy's EVA and DEF are reduced by 5.

Destroyer: Ignores special defenses.

Taunting Mercy: One per turn, when attacking an opponent, ATK stat can be reduced by half during damage calculation. The target's Will is then reduced by 1. During the same turn this is done, Mephist can attack again.

All of Mephist's abilities have been revealed.

Airen
June 30th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Akira Kurogane
Mysterious Building, First Floor
Time Unknown, Late Evening



I crept back downstairs, speaking in a low voice. "Water?"

Before Nao could respond, the sound of someone descending the stairs triggered my reflexes, and sent my eyes towards the relevant section of the room, my muscles relaxing only when I confirmed that the person descending from the second floor was, in fact, Evgenia. From here, it seemed that nothing bad had happened to her, although I blinked at the sight of the rifle she was no carrying, wondering what sort of luck she had to have to find something like that in an abandoned place like this building...

After all, in a world like this, wouldn't most weapons already be put to use? They weren't the only people in this world, and something like a rifle would have been very useful against the Cadavers at the riverside.

I suppose the gun's origin didn't really matter though, I was just glad that my classmate hadn't been attacked by something while she had been upstairs.

And Evgenia had actually brought up a very good point.

Logically, in order to ensure we could maintain out health in this place, we had to locate a source of drinkable water. The Cadavers seemed to have come from the river, so I wasn't too keen on drinking anything from there, but judging from the fact that Nao had given me an unopened bag of chips, it seemed that there was a supply of packaged food around her somewhere. Maybe not in this building, but close enough that she could go to the stock and return to this place before nightfall.

And where there was food, there was almost always water. People in the modern age liked the convenience of bottled water, so it wasn't unreasonable to guess that a case or two of the stuff would be lying around somewhere in this place. If we couldn't find anything, we could always go for the tried and true method of boiling water in order to sterilize it.

Guess it was time to look around for a bit.

"You're right Evgenia," rising to my feet, I smiled apologetically at Nao for interrupting our conversation, and started towards my descending friend, "We need to find water if we're gonna survive for more than a couple of days. Bottled water is probably a bit much to hope for, but maybe we can find some sort of pot to boil the river water in?" I paused for a moment, eyes closed, then, "You wanna go look around together for a bit?"

I was trying to be as positive as I possibly could, so as to ease the tension for my classmates a bit, but as I turned back towards Nao, it was obvious that I was a bit worried.

"Troph, don't be so quiet, we'll all be okay, I promise." I didn't know if he was bothered about the current situation or not, but I decided to try to comfort him anyway, "Talk to Nao-san for a bit while I'm gone, she seems like a nice girl," I smiled at Nao for a moment as I said this, "Watch out for her and Rolanda for me okay Troph? I'll be back in a bit."

Even if Evgenia didn't want to go, I was determined to explore this place a bit more, to insure that it would be a safe haven for me and my classmates.

SeiKeo
June 30th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Evgenia Ivanov
Mysterious Building, Lobby
Time Unknown, Late Evening

Without comment, I drifted into place behind Akira, searching around the deserted mansion. One person, exploring a building by themselves... never good. Ends in disaster, without a doubt. Two people? Better. Much better. Plus, unlike her, I could... hmmm...

A quick test of Perun's bayonet told me... yes, sharp. Unlike her, I could stab people.

hero
June 30th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Fukuda Masahiro
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown


"..."

He grabbed the last ghoul who retained consciousness by the head. He was now so powerful that he managed to lift up the entire body that way with no effort. He slowly placed it on the ground for it to stand. Then, he stared right into its eyes. There was nothing. As much as he wanted to believe the contrary, Fukuda Masahiro finally understood that what now stood in front of him was no longer human.

"Good night..."

His fist retracted in the blink of an eye, and with mighty strength, he punched the creature straight in the face. The force of the attack was enough to send the thing flying against the wall, breaking several of its bones. It then fell back to the floor, completely dead.

It was over.

Now that the giant but monster had decided to retreat, silence returned to the stairwell. This had been their first fight for their survival. Had their performance been good? Or had they simply been lucky to make it out alive? Maybe a little bit of both. Truth was that, as his armor disappeared from this world, Fukuda Masahiro couldn't help but to smile in relief.

"... Shit."

Smile that disappeared the second he saw Akira on the ground, seemingly dead. However, he soon found out that his life was not in danger. There were a few wounds here and there, but it was nothing that would stop their advance. Thank goodness. As Mark offered Akira a hand to help him stand up, Masahiro simply stared at him.

He stared. And Stared. And then...

"...Do you need a piggyback ride?" He asked, his face an impassive mask.

-------

It turned out that Akira was capable of moving on his own. A quick glance revealed that neither Maiko, nor Keigo needed a piggyback ride either. Well now, it was time to continue. If they wanted to go back home, the first step was to reach the first floor and get out of the god damn hospital. But before they did that, Fukuda Masahiro had something he needed to do, and something he needed to say.

"I am sorry." He said, as he kneeled down next to one of the human corpses. Contrary to what one would have thought, he was not speaking to the body, but to his classmates. "I always had this power of my own." He searched the ghouls one by one, looking for a wallet or some sort of ID. "But I was selfish, and I hid it. Had I used it sooner, you guys wouldn't be as hurt as you are right now." The task finished, he stood up.

"That's why I am sorry."

I3uster
June 30th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Maiko Kisaragi
Location: Hospital Building
Time Unknown

"I-it's okay Masahiro...p-people don't like those w-who are d-different..."
She could understand his way of thinking, and what was more important, he was brave enough to give up on it once his friends were in danger. He was truly admirable.

"Y-you looked r-really cool there M-Masahiro...a-a-anyway, we should try to g-get to the first f-floor, any ideas?"
She quickly tried to change the subject. It was probably uncomfortable for Masahiro too...