PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Burst Warriors - IC Thread



Lycodrake
March 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Quote from Bulbapedia...

Burst (Japanese: バースト BURST) is a special technique in the Pokémon RéBURST manga that allows a human to combine with a Pokémon, gaining its powers and immunities while increasing the user's physical and defensive strengths. Those who can use Burst are known as Burst Warriors (Japanese: バースト戦士). It is stated that in order to use Burst, one must go through rigorous training or else their life will be in danger if they attempt it. If one is defeated while in Burst form, they will automatically change back to normal.

Mechanics
In order for one to perform Burst, they will need a special item known as a Burst Heart (Japanese: BURST ハート BURST Heart, often shortened to B Heart). The Burst Heart is a small, pocket sized jewel that actually holds a Pokémon inside of it, sealed so that its power can be used by anyone wishing to fuse with it. The Burst Heart can be compared to a Poké Ball in that it holds a Pokémon inside, but is also different due to the fact that it doesn't store a Pokémon to be released for later use. If a Burst Heart is broken, the Pokémon inside will be freed.

Once Burst is activated, the user will have their physical traits increased greatly. Whatever abilities the user will get depends on the type of Pokémon used to combine; for example, a Ground-type Pokémon will make the user immune to Electric attacks.

It is shown that a person can actually be sent inside of their Burst Heart in order to better connect with the Pokémon inside.

It is later revealed that a Burst Heart—like the Pokémon they contain—can become stronger as they get involved in more battles. This allows the Burst itself to become stronger at the same time as the Burst Warrior.

You are one of these Burst Warriors, and have one Burst Heart containing a non-Legendary, Stage One Pokémon. You have access to its Ability, Type(s), Stats, strengths, and weaknesses. Your BURST form depends on these traits. The region that you live in and what town you start in depend on what Generation the Pokémon in your B-Heart.

Your journey through the world of Pokemon begins now, as you are making your way through a Region filled with all sorts of different people, Pokemon, and fellow BURST-users. However, each Region has their dangers. Take care to be aware of your surroundings....

*You start out with nothing but yourself, your belongings, 2 (two) Potions (each one heals 20 HP), and an Antidote (cures Poison status effect).

===============================================

Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Littleroot Town
Totodile - Level 5
--->50/50 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, the only thing you really have to do is walk out of Littleroot Town.



Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Blackthorn City
Dratini - Level 5
--->41/41 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, but all you really need to do is decide if you want to go North or South.



C (qsurf)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Ralts - Level 5
--->28/28 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, on the southern end of the island. All you really need to do is make your way to the more populated areas of the island, which are through the middle of the island.



Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, on the northern end of the island. All you really need to do is make your way to the more populated areas of the island, which are through the middle of the island.



Akui Reiji (Dantalion)
Sinnoh - Solaceon Town
Spiritomb - Level 5
--->50/50 HP, 60/60 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, the only choice you have to make is where you want to go: North, South, or East to the Ruins?



James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Canalave City
Beldum - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 20/20 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, all you have to do is decide if you want to go east or take the ferry to Iron Island.




Faye Roth (Lianru)
Hoenn - Lavaridge Town
Vulpix - Level 5
--->38/38 HP, 55/55 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, all you really need to do is decide if you want to go to the Jagged Pass and then to Mount Chimney, or go ahead and go east?



Mio Misaki (Milbunk)
Hoenn - Dewford Town
Abra - Level 5
--->25/25 HP, 35/35 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, all you really need to do is decide: do you want to go to Granite Cave, or sail North or East on the Ferry?



Light (Artee)
Kanto - Saffron City
Eevee - Level 5
--->55/55 HP, 85/85 PP, 0/60 XP

Your journey starts now, all you really need to do is decide: do you want to go north to Route 5, south to Route 6, west to Route 7, east to Route 8, head to the Saffron City Gym for a quick battle before your journey, or go to the Fighting Dojo and do the same as you could in the Gym?


===============================

Additional Information If/When needed, and other assorted information for reference.

lethum
March 28th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Blackthorn City
Dratini - Level 5
--->41/41 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

"Do you understand the rules then, student?"

"I do, Master Clair."

And I did. To survive three rounds against Master Clair's Dragonair was no mean feat, with the colossal difference in power between us. Luckily the enemy pokémon was holding back, because even the weakest attack would destroy me if it wasn't. As a Gym leader, it was only our shared possession of a pokémon of the Dratini line that convinced her to teach me the absolute basics of training necessary to use my Burst Mode without risking my life. Pokémon of this line were exceedingly rare, after all. And my parents may have made a donation, I didn't know and I wasn't informed.

Across the field, Dragonair floated elegantly in the air as we both waited for the signal that would start the battle.

"Ready...fight!"

As soon as the Gym Leader gave the signal, Dragonair flew towards me at incredible speeds, breaking the ground as it passed. I had seen this pokémon for long enough to recognize the move: Rock Climb. It was only luck, and the fact that I was in Burst Mode before the battle started that allowed me to jump to the side and dodge the attack.

"Guh-"

I grunted from the flying debris, but I had no time. Dragonair was so much faster than me that I couldn't wait even a second too long to attack, so my choice was clear. I didn't wait, and instead of rolling on the ground and coming up to my feet I fell on my hands and intertwined my legs and tail, absorbing my momentum by bending at the waist. Now doing a handstand while facing my enemy, I finished the technique I had planned to use from the beginning, Thunder Wave.

"-drah!"

The closest way I could describe how it felt to fire that attack was like someone put a speaker in my mouth and made a guitar solo play as loud as it could right after I tried to scream. The effects were quite satisfying, seeing as a wave of electricity quickly spread through the the air and paralyzed my enemy. I could feel Master Clair's heavy gaze on me, so I didn't tarry. The way that the move was performed decided whether or not any momentum was transferred to the user, but I relied on the strength of my arms in this mode to jump to my feet, while my feet and tail splayed out to balance me automatically.

Performing my next move, I leered threateningly at the pokémon. It was a stare filled with power, and it made the twitching dragon type pokémon's stance -such as it was- relax, lowering it's overall defense. Knowing that I only had one more round to go, I prepared my last move, Wrap. Unlike pokémon with long bodies, who could literally wrap themselves around their enemies, I couldn't just rely on my body to achieve the move, I had to complete a small ritual that meant essentially hitting my opponent with both my forearms at the same time and roughly on the same plane. It was really useful, since it kept dealing damage even if I didn't physically trap the target. Hugging was enough to succeed in using the move against an opponent, but in battle, neither Burst Warriors nor pokémon would just allow themselves to be struck.

Watching Dragonair warily even as I ran to use my move against it, I allowed my weight to fall forwards and my arms to dangle behind me. I was ten- no, nine steps away from Dragonair, who suddenly convulsed for a second before freezing again. Five steps...!

"Over!" Yelled Master Clair.

Jumping over Master Clair's pokémon and gracefully landing on my feet on the other side, I came to a stop and turned to look at my teacher. Her slight smile made my chest tighten with emotion, but I held back any outwards reaction.

A second passed.

I was suddenly hyper-aware of my shoulder, my hands, my knees, having somehow maintained the level of perception I'd used for the whole duration of the battle -all five seconds of it- and living through the adrenaline surge.

Four other seconds...

Master Clair's smile widened, and she told me, "congratulations!"

Pressing my hands over my chest, I beamed at her, before realizing what I was doing and bowing instead, deleting any and every emotion from my face.

"Thank you very much, Master Clair!" I spoke, still facing the ground in my bow.

"Now, now, stand straight. You completed the test, and the agreement between our families has been fulfilled. As a Gym Leader, and a member of the Dragon Clan I, Clair of Blackthorne, Dragon Master, recognize and proclaim that you, Rina Bradford, are powerful enough to travel the world and enter battles without escort and grant you the title of Burst Warrior!"

Technically, such a formal declaration was unnecessary, but Master Clair liked the theatrics, and I enjoyed the solemnity in such acts. I added my own part.

"This Rina Bradford, Burst Warrior, acknowledges this proclamation with great gratitude. This title will be carried with pride everywhere I go."

Master Clair looked ready to say something.

Lycodrake
March 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Blackthorn City
Dratini - Level 5
--->41/41 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

"You did well, but don't get cocky. You're just at the beginning of your journey," admonished the bluenette, "as a Dragon-type Burst Warrior, you'll have a challenge starting off, but once you get going, you'll be a challenge for anyone you face."

Turning, she motioned for you to follow her, "Going north through the Ice Path would be dangerous, but not impossible. I'd recommend going south onto Route 45. As for where you're going? I want you to head on over to Violet City and challenge the Gym there. As a Burst Warrior of the Dragon-type, I want to see you grow and mature as much as possible, you know?"

Here she blinked, covering her face, "Just don't get the wrong idea, alright? I'm not giving you a free hand-out. You have to work for this as much as anyone else. Now get going."

Berserkslash
March 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Canalave City
Beldum - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 20/20 PP, 0/60 XP

Yawning slightly and feeling quite refreshed, James stands up and stretches under the shade of a nice large oak in the middle of a park in Canaclave. "Well, I think I've spent enough time here, might as well wander my way to the rest of sinnoh." James takes out his Burst Crystal "Let's see where I should go next? Heads I go to Iron Island before I leave, Tails I just leave now and leave Iron Island for some other time." Tossing the Burst Crystal into the air and being slightly blinded by the glare from the sun, James nearly misses catching it again. "Woops, let's see... looks like it's face down so to the East I go."

Lycodrake
March 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 20/20 PP, 0/60 XP

You pass through the gate from Canalave City into Route 218, with a wave of good morning from passerby's are you do. With a nod to some of them that you know, and a wave to the gate guard, you step onto the path, grass on both sides of it, and you can see a small pier at the end of the path. There are a few people around, looking ready for a fight.
Do you want to fight any of them, explore the tall grass, or go ahead to the pier at the edge of the water?

Bloble
March 28th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Brody Brostar
Johto - Littleroot Town
Totodile - Level 5
--->50/50 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

This is it. The beginning of Brody Brostar's epic journey to become a Master take over the world fistfight a Hitmonchan experience true adventure! The trials he endured on his way to Johto have been but a footnote in his magnificent story! Swimming up the waterfall, accidentally falling into a Fearow nest, being stalked for 3 days by an overly affectionate Jinx, all of it was the prologue! Now, united with his trusty Brotodile, nothing shall stand in Brody's way!

"Hey whippersnapper, do you know how to use a pokeball?" The old man pokes the young adventurer in the knee with his cane. Brody has to make a visible effort to keep from snapping the cane in half.

"Um... I don't really need any help, sir..." He tries to gently let the senior down, hopefully not insulting him too much. "I really should be going now." However, the boy's efforts to scoot off to the side are stopped when the old man raps him across the knees with the cane once more.

"How rude!" The man yells. "I asked you a question, boy! Do you know how to use a pokeball or not?"

"Well of course I do!" Brody replies, agitated. "...in theory, at least..."

"Aha!" The old man crows triumphantly. "Then I will show you how it's done, young man! No need to thank me, I've done this plenty of times!"

"No, that's okay." Brody shakes his head. "I'm fine, really. I don't need a lesson, I learned this in elementary school. Sorry gramps."

The old man visibly deflates as he finally comprehends the young Brostar's words. "Dang..." He sighs. "Oh well, perhaps another wide eyed youth at the start of his great adventure will come walking through here and ask my help later." He looks past Brody, almost as if the young man no longer exists.

"...whatever." Brody shrugs, and starts to take a step out of the town. However, he stops just as suddenly as he starts.

"No." He shakes his head. "I'm not going to set off on an adventure walking! I need to run out of this city!" He pumps his fist in the air. Clutched in it, a red orb sparkles cheerfully. "Let's do this Brotodile! Let's gooooooo- OW!"

His run had ends after only a handful steps. The young man trips over absolutely nothing at all and falls on his nose.

"What the heck?" He grimaces as he rises from the ground. "That was weird... whatever. Let's gooooo- OW!"

Once more, only a few steps in and his legs somehow get tangled up, sending Brody to the ground again. He groans and rises, this time angry instead of confused. "What the heck? Is something tripping me?"

"No, son, that's not it." The old man from before takes notice of Brody's fall, and chuckles. He points to Brody's feet. "That's your problem right there, kid. You ain't got any running shoes, so you can't run!" True, Brody's shoes aren't made for running. They're old hand-me-downs from his father, and ragged ones at that. But they've served Brody fine for years.

"That's ridiculous!" Brody exclaims. "I don't need running shoes to be able to run! I ran into this town just fine, and I can run out of it too!" With that, he sets off on a run again, but this time his legs seem to be stuck to the ground, and once more he falls on his face.

As Brody picks himself up from the floor a third time, the old man laughs. "There's a store a few block in. You could get a pair of running shoes there for a few thousand, if you want to get places fast."

"Hell no!" Brody is determined now. His face is completely serious. "I'm not wasting money on stupid shoes when I've got perfectly good ones here! If I can't run with these shoes, then I might as well not run at all! Let's go, Brotodile! We're only running from now on until I stop falling on my face!" The red sphere in his hand gleamed once more. With a cry, he sets off running again, only to once more fall on his face after a few steps. This time, however, he gets right back up and sets off running again.

"Stupid kid..." The old man sighs. "Didn't even notice he tied his shoelaces together by accident..."

RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNIN G!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!R UNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING !OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!RUNNING!OW!

"Heh...heh...he..." Brody's face is covered in bruises, but he's finally out of the town. He all but collapses against a large rock, and sighs, then almost immediately winces in pain as his wounded face moves. "We... made it, Brotodile." He grins, and the red jewel in his hand glimmers cheerfully once more.

He looks towards the wilderness. The dirt and grass are soft and spongy.

"Hm... I might as well go barefoot." Brody takes off his shoes and slings them around his neck, not noticing that their shoelaces are tied together. "Let's go, Brotodile! To adventure!"

With that Brody Brostar sets off on the true beginning to his epic adventure!

Lycodrake
March 28th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->50/50 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

As soon as you stumble onto Route 29, you skid across the path a little bit, nearly running into a girl around your age in brown with goggles around her neck, lenses tinted red, who seems like she just woke up a few hours ago, and isn’t at all happy about it.

She glances towards you with a look of irritation, looking you up and down, before speaking, “You don’t seem to have any Pokeballs on you…you a Burst Warrior? It’s early, I’m grouchy, and you look ready for a fight. Well, looks like you’re getting one, buddy.” With that, she grabs a Burst Heart from a pocket, light encasing her, before she transforms.

You can at least tell that her Burst Partner is a Hoothoot, though. She calls out as she flaps her wings once to lift slightly into the air, “My name’s Harriet. Let’s battle ‘n’ get it over with.”

Name: Harriet

Pokemon: Hoothoot
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: Hardy

HP: 60
Attack: 18
Defense: 18
Sp. Attack: 20
Sp. Defense: 24
Speed: 22

PP: 135/135
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hynosis

lethum
March 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Blackthorn City
Dratini - Level 5
--->41/41 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

"Of course, Master Clair. I will keep your teachings close to my heart for as long as I live." I finished with another bow.

A few minutes of pleasantries passed, and I finally left the place where I had trained to master the utmost basics of employing Burst Hearts. Grabbing the stone that hung from my neck on a sedate collar, I projected my thoughts to Dratini. It's time, partner. This world still waits for our mark upon it!

It was still early in the day, so I set out to walk as far as I could down route 45. It was somewhat lonely to walk on such a wide road by myself, but the solitude was something I'd already learned I could enjoy. With time, I'd learn more about myself and grow into a person worthy of receiving the inheritance I would.

Bloble
March 28th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Brody Brostar
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->50/50 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

As Brody walked along Route 29, he contemplated the relative merits of past tense versus present tense, and after a long inner debate decided that past tense, while more traditional and restrictive, was undoubtedly superior. He resolved to use it as much as possible in the future.

It was because he was so absorbed in his own thoughts that he skidded into someone without even realizing it.

"Huh?" It had only taken a few minutes of walking for Brody to accidentally bump into a girl his age. He got ready to apologise, but the tired looking girl simply looked him over and challenged him to a Burst battle before he could even get a word in edgewise.

He blinked, and found himself looking at a girl flying low, already fused with a pokemon he thought must have been a Hoothoot.

He grinned. "Fine by me! I'm Brody! Don't expect me to hold back just because you're sleepy!" He raised the crimson jewel of his into the air, and it glimmered brightly, as Brotodile prepared to fuse with its partner.

...

...

"Um... how do you do that, uh, Burst thing? I can't seem to remember..." Brody frowned, and looked again at the orb. He shook it experimentally, and it flashed angrily at him. "Ah, sorry Brotodile!" He looked up at Harriet, who was patiently waiting for him to fuse. "Sorry, just gimme a sec! I'm suffering from, uh... technical difficulties!"

"Oy, Brotodile, gimme a hint!" He whispered to the jewel. "C'mon, you know I'm forgetful about stuff like this!"

Somehow, through only blinking, the jewel managed to carry the implication that if it possessed limbs, it would be facepalming. Nonetheless, it glimmered brightly one more time, and Brody nodded, grinning.

He raised the jewel sky high again, and yelled. "FINAL FUSION, GO!"

He blanked out for a moment, and when he opened his eyes again, his body felt different. He was covered in... scales? And why did his teeth feel so sharp? Eh? Was that a tail on his back or was he just imagining things?

"Anyway, ladies first!" He called out to Harriet. He grinned in a cocky manner, mostly to disguise the fact that he had absolutely no idea how to actually fight, or even properly move in his new body. "Hit me with your best shot!"

Secretly, however, he prepared to counter attack with a Scratch the moment Harriet got into his range. For that, he'd let her get a hit in, then catch her off guard!

If he could figure out how to actually use Scratch, at least.

Lycodrake
March 28th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 5
--->41/41 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

As you make your way to the first ledge that you’ll have to jump over, you’re stopped by a young man leaning against the rock face, a yellow eye peaking out of the burgundy hood he’s wearing. You can tell that he’s a fellow Burst Warrior, if only by the Burst Heart he holds in his hand.

“Huh, been a while that any Dragon-type Burst Warriors have gone by, glad I waited, though. Get ready for battle, I’m not giving you a chance to wheedle your way out of this one! My name is Gabe, and my Pokemon…,” in a flash he transformed, “…is a Gligar!”


Name: Gabe

Pokemon: Gligar
Type: Ground/Flying
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: ???

HP: 65
Attack: 30
Defense: 26
Sp. Attack: 20
Sp. Defense: 26
Speed: 30

PP: 50
Moves: Poison Sting, Sand Attack

Lycodrake
March 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->43/50 HP, 62/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Harriet attacks you first, being faster than you, and hitting you with Tackle, dealing 7 damage, leaving you with 43/50 HP. But you are able to counter-attack easily enough, and attack with Scratch, dealing 11 damage, leaving her with 49/60 HP. She huffs, and uses Growl, lowering your Attack. “I won’t lose to you so easily!”

lethum
March 28th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Blackthorn City
Dratini - Level 5
--->41/41 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

A challenge so soon? Very well...

With just a thought, not breaking my stride, I entered my Burst Mode. I could tell that this...Gabe was faster than me, but that was okay. Unlike Master Clair's pokémon, this was an enemy I could defeat with my own power. Knowing that it would he his move that would begin the battle, I prepared my Wrap attack and shifted my weight so that it all rested on my left leg, while my right one was stretched a bit with the foot pointed to the side. Coupled with the way my tail was lazily waving behind me, and I was the perfect picture of bored patience.

"Very well, then. By all means...let's battle."

Bloble
March 28th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->50/50 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

"Hah, that was good!" Brody wiped the small trail of blood leaking from his mouth with the back of his hand, and grinned. "I think I've got this thing figured out now... you won't get so lucky again!"

He charged forward this time, unwilling to retreat. As Harriet growled at him, he hesitated slightly, but still pushed forward, aiming to Scratch her with all of his might!

"Hey!" He called out as he ran towards his opponent. "This is fun and all, but it's also a bit boring fighting for no reason. How about we spice it up a bit with a little bet?"

Berserkslash
March 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 20/20 PP, 0/60 XP

Happily greeting those people that he'd met during my time in the city, James decides to challenge one of the people milling around looking for a fight. 'Although it's annoying, I should get back into practice for travelling in a region I haven't gone through yet.' Finding a likely opponent, playing with his Burst Crystal in his hand "Hey, mind having a match?"

qsurf
March 29th, 2012, 02:28 AM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 28/28 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Watching Beginnings (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdGoENQNQ4))
...and so with that, I’d like to conclude that while the desert in Mandarin Island South is quite large and hosts quite a variety of different species of Pokemon, the density itself is rather low compared to other desert environments. It might have something to do with the fact that most of the Pokemon here show signs of being runaways or released.

C yawned as he closed his notebook and shoved it into his backpack before standing up from what was his little campsite at the foot of a rather large rock.

“Time to get going I guess,” he sighed as he dusted off his skirt and began packing up, leaving his drying eating utensils for last.

With his backpack on, he whipped out his PokeGear to check where he needed to go…North it seemed.

“Right.”

===============================

It had only been half an hour since he started walking to the nearest town his PokeGear map pointed out, but to C, it felt like forever. There’s only so much singing you can do in desert and talking with your Burst Crystal before it starts to sing and dance back…oh he heard the stories of the Cactus Juice Watcher.

Still, long journey was ridiculously long, and getting lost in his thoughts was the last thing that this Burst Warrior and Pokemon Watcher had in mind.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->43/50 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Your Scratch attack lands, but dealing only 9 damage, leaving her with 40/60 HP. She listens to your proposal, but attacks first with Tackle, dealing 7 damage again, leaving you with 36/50 HP.

“What did you have in mind for a bet, hm?” She readies herself in case you attack again, but is at least willing to listen to what you have in mind.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 5
--->37/41 HP, 66/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Gabe attacks with Poison Sting, dealing 4 damage, leaving you with 37/41 HP, but he doesn’t Poison you.

With that, you spring forward, using Wrap on him, dealing 5 damage, leaving him with 60/65. But as your turn ends, he is hurt for another 5 damage, lowering his HP, leaving him with 55/65 HP.

He struggles against your hold, but can’t break free. So instead he uses Sand Attack, lowering your accuracy. You wipe it away, but your vision is still blurred. What will you do next?

Bloble
March 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Brody Brostar
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->43/50 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 X

"It's simple." Brody says as he hears Harriet willing to listen. "I want to up the stakes. If you win this battle, then I'll... uh... do absolutely anything you say for a day!" Of course, that was only because Brody possessed nothing that he could give to the girl without starving himself. Having a monthly food budget of only 100 Pokemon Dollars was a curse in many ways...

"And if I win!" He grinned. "You have to tell me how to get to Cherrygrove city!"

Indeed, this was a perfect opportunity! As Brody had no map and almost no sense of direction, having a cute girl inform him of how to get to his latest destination was obviously the best thing to do!

Brody stood and waited for her reply, ready to counter attack with Scratch if attacked, but otherwise not moving.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 20/20 PP, 0/60 XP

The young man around your age that you approach gives you an odd look. He’s dressed in a sailor uniform, but isn’t as old or muscled as the usual sailors you’ve seen around Canalave. Shaking his head, though, he nods, taking out his own Burst Heart, but saying nothing. You’re a bit confused when he transforms without a word into Burst Form, but shrug it off as him either not wanting to talk or just not a talkative person in general.

Curtly, though, he does say, “Name’s Maurice. Battle now, alright?”



Name: Maurice

Pokemon: Mantyke
Type: Water/Flying
Ability: Water Veil
Nature: ???

HP: 45
Attack: 16
Defense: 22
Sp. Attack: 24
Sp. Defense: 32
Speed: 22

PP: 85
Moves: Tackle, Bubble, Supersonic

Berserkslash
March 29th, 2012, 11:51 AM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 20/20 PP, 0/60 XP

"Alright then. My name's James, here's to a good match." Using the distraction of flipping his Burst Crystal one last time and into position, James changes takes a good look at the surroundings the battle will take place in, looking for any large rocks or trees close enough he could use reliably. Once he's found something he'd be able to use, James prepares himself to dodge out of the way and back onto what he decided on earlier and use it as a platform to get up into the air over him for an aerial Take Down to increase it's power.

Artee
March 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Saffron City
Eevee - Level 5
--->55/55 HP, 85/85 PP, 0/60 XP


"So, this is my first day in a journey, by myself.. I'll strive enough not to disappoint my parents, myself, and of course, my partner. Right, Eevee? Or should I call you.. Sunrise? Do you like it?
To think better, it wouldn't be good to face a fighting dojo at the beginning with a normal-type pokemon, and, since I came from the Saffron City Gym, I think I'll head south, to route 6. But first, I wanna talk to my family and pack my things to get started."

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->27/40 HP, 16/20 PP, 0/60 XP

Maurice attacks with Bubble, sending them straight at you for 4 damage, leaving you with 36/40 HP. You attack with Take Down, and manage to hit him for 21 damage, leaving him with 24/45 HP. But the recoil of the attack damages you for 6 damage, leaving you with 30/40 HP.

He pants, and rests his hands on his knees to catch his breath from the brutal attack. He charges forward, attacking with Tackle, but dealing only 3 damage, leaving you with 27/40 HP. Your next move it obvious, since you only have one attack…

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->55/55 HP, 85/85 PP, 0/60 XP

As you step out of the gate, you’re nearly run over by a blur of off-white. Instead of running you over, the “attacker” hurtles into you, causing both of you to end up on the pathway’s dust. You don’t have much time to get a glimpse of their face, because you feel the pressure of the gate guard’s glare, and you both walk out the way your “attacker” entered.

You finally are able to get a good look of who ran into you so abruptly, still feeling irritated. A young woman your age with a bag over her shoulder glances back at you, eyes sizing you up and…looking at your pockets. “Oh, sorry about that. The name’s Megan; you?”

“Again, sorry about that, how about a battle to make up for it? Everyone can use the experience…” her smile gives you a shiver down your spine. Something isn’t right with this girl, and just her looking at you makes you feel robbed.


Name: Megan

Pokemon: Meowth
Type: Normal
Ability: Pick Up
Nature: ???

HP: 40
Attack: 22
Defense: 22
Sp. Attack: 20
Defense: 20
Speed: 24

PP: 75
Moves: Scratch, Growl

Artee
March 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->55/55 HP, 85/85 PP, 0/60 XP

"So, this is a "good" way to get started, eh? But I'm sorry, I don't introduce myself to someone who hurtles into me, presenting herself that way. I'll show you properly how I introduce myself to people like you; right, Sunrise? Let's show them!"

Then, I look at Eevee's face, waiting for her to attack, as I gave her my signal.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->46/55 HP, 84/85 PP, 0/60 XP

She lunges forward, lashing out with Scratch right off the bat for 9 damage, leaving you with 46/55 HP. Megan smirks at you, feline eyes shining, “This is going to be fun, right, nya?” The last sound would be cute, if not for the mocking tone she’s using.

You have to decide now, what's your move?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 28/28 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

As you’re walking through the desert area, and find a moutainous area ahead of you. But there's a Slowpoke Burst Warrior lying across the path to the shaded and rocky area. But instead of moving slowly out of your way, they (you can’t tell their gender just yet) turn an angry glare at you, as if you offended them somehow or bothered their rest.

Name: ???

Pokemon: Slowpoke
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Oblivious
Nature: Rash


HP: 45
Attack: 26
Defense: 26
Sp. Attack: 22
Sp. Defense: 16
Speed: 16

PP: 95
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Yawn, Curse

Artee
March 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->46/55 HP, 84/85 PP, 0/60 XP

She looks at her Pokemon yells:

"Be on your guard, Sunrise, and tackle her with all your might! Or.. should we do this.. together??"

Berserkslash
March 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->27/40 HP, 16/20 PP, 0/60 XP

Stretching slightly to get the kinks out, James makes sure to keep an eye on Maurice waiting for him to go for his next attack so as to try and interrupt it with a quick Take Down.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->21/40 HP, 13/20 PP, 0/60 XP

You attack with Take Down again, damaging Maurice and leaving him with only 3/45 HP. Just like before, your recoil damages you, leaving you with 21/40 HP. Maurice is barely standing, but still hanging on to the last ounce of his strength.

His response is to use Supersonic, in an attempt to confuse you. Within seconds your mind is addled by being confused, and you can’t be sure if you’ll just hurt yourself or finish off Maurice.
Do you use Take Down, maybe for the final time, or use one of your two Potions?

Ruca_Milda
March 29th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

"Funyaa~", Tsubomi yawned as she woke up from her nap. The boat ride to the Orange Islands was quite relaxing, which gave her a much well-needed rest, after the mental preparation she went through, before leaving Hoenn, and eventually, her grandmother. It was her first time going on a journey, and she was alone to boot.

"But negative thinking won't get me anywhere!" She thought to herself, as she left the boat. It was only a bit of a walk from here to the center of the island, where it was populated, and where she would watch Prima's weekly lectures about Pokemon. While she was a Pokemon trainer and Tsubomi was a Burst Warrior, they both used Pokemon all the same. Confirming that, she took a look at her Burst Heart, which shone a small red light in response.

She slowly made her way to the middle of the island...

lethum
March 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Blackthorn City
Dratini - Level 5
--->37/41 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

What an annoying skill...

Annoyed as I was by the attack, it was immediately obvious that I could either keep attacking and hope I hit or use Leer to weaken this...Gabe's defenses. I decided to use Leer, followed by a Thunder Wave. Hopefully things would go according to my plans.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->37/55 HP, 83/85 PP, 0/60 XP


Your Tackle attack hits her full on, dealing 7 damage and leaving her with 33/40 HP. Megan gives off a yelp at that, letting you know that she’s not pleased at all. “That hurt more than I thought it would, nya…”

Even having said that, she doesn’t look like she’s in much pain and runs forward and striking out at you with her claws to use Scratch again. It does the same amount of damage as before, lowering your HP to 37/55.

Do you want to attack again with Tackle, use Tail Whip, or maybe use one of your two Potions?

qsurf
March 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 28/28 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Watching Confrontations (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku0PC5XqGgU))
So there I was, simply walking along, minding my own business...and enjoying the feel of my skirt along my thighs...oh it's SO good! I have no idea why people decided to go with pants anyways. Well, I do know why, but that's why long skirts and thigh highs were invented and-oh, back to the point.

It was a really long boring walk, I mean at one I even started humming one of these tunes that get in your head and never leave.

Forever.

Luckily, this tune was every bit as good as coffee, so I was able to easily do a lot of all-nighters, but unfortunately, it was every bit as good as coffee...it's one of the reasons why I'm so good at keeping track of stuff and why I get so easily distracted, years of sleep deprivation does that to you. It is also probably why that Burster in front of me looks so surly.

I'm still humming it aren't I? Stupid Pokeflute tune.

Anyways, let's fix this mess and get to that town beyond the mountains, there's a bath with my name written all over it...well, not literally, but you get the point.

"Ah," I hear people say that my voice is a monotone affair, but honestly, they're not even trying to listen to the subtle inflections and changes of tone. "My apologies, but can I pass?" And anyways, speaking is a waste of time, when clearly what I need to say can be said in a few short and simple words.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

“You there! Stop! Stop we said!” You heard the shout from one direction, but it takes you a little while to figure out who had addressed you. You’re still walking away from the port and the boat you had arrived on, so you’re not sure why you’d be called out to.

A blur of pink leaps ahead of you, a red glint held in hand, “We said stop, you know!” The girl in front of you looks about a head taller than you, dressed in what looks like an attempt at ninja garb, obvious enough to you, at least. Her pink hair and darker pink outfit kind of makes you feel attacked already.

“Our name is Natasha! As a Burst Warrior native to the Orange Isles, we are calling you out for a battle!”



Name: Natasha

Pokemon: Nidoran F
Type: Poison
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Careful

HP: 55
Attack: 22
Defense: 22
Sp. Attack: 18
Sp. Defense: 18
Speed: 20

PP: 75
Moves: Scratch, Growl

Artee
March 29th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->37/55 HP, 83/85 PP, 0/60 XP

Gets angrier and puts one hand inside her pocket, then looks toward Eevee:

"Alright, Sunrise, I'm ready if you are ready!"

Ruca_Milda
March 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

"Aah! A strange person just appeared!" Tsubomi, surprised, let that slip. "E-er, I mean, a....incredibly normal person just appeared!" She "corrected" herself, although not very well, as it was pretty visible that Natasha was still mad.

Still a bit groggy from her nap, Tsubomi just stared at Natasha for a few seconds, and only then did she notice that by battle, she meant a battle between Burst Warriors. "Geez, even though they told me so many times that people would challenge me randomly..." She mentally smacked herself on the head for not remembering the very basics.

Grabbing her Burst Heart, her body was slowly becoming plant-like, and turning into a mix of a Budew and a human. "M-My name is Hanasaki Tsubomi! Err...go easy on me." She said meekly.

As she was quite clearly faster than her opponent, she decided to take initiative, despite it not being something she usually does. However, the early bird catches the worm, after all, and so she extended her vines towards Natasha, trying to Absorb her energy.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 5
--->33/41 HP, 63/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Using Leer, you lower his defense, managing to do so successfully. Wrap damages him again, leaving him with 40/55 HP.

He aims another Poison Sting at you, hitting for the damage and leaving you with 33/41 HP, but not poisoning you, which was extremely lucky.

You aim Thunder Wave at him, but it does nothing. He tilts his head as the electricity is shrugged off, “What’re you using that on me for? I’m part Ground-type, you know!” Even as he says that, Wrap comes into effect again. But with his defense lowered, it does 2 more damage than before, leaving him with 33/55 HP.

He hits you with Sand Attack again, lowering your accuracy once more.

Will you use Wrap again, or Leer? Thunder Wave is obviously doing nothing…

lethum
March 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Blackthorn City
Dratini - Level 5
--->33/41 HP, 63/70 PP, 0/60 XP

"Looking down on my kindness? How rude."

However, I still had to keep dealing damage. It is the way that battles are decided, not by skill, but by damage dealt. I used Wrap again!

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

You attack with Absorb, doing 7 damage, leaving Natasha with 48/55 HP. She pouted instead of yelping or crying out in pain, “Fweh, you’re too cute for your own good!” She let loose a Growl at you, lowering your attack. It was your move, now…

Ruca_Milda
March 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->40/40 HP, 65/65 PP, 0/60 XP

"I-I'm not cute! I can be scary too!" Tsubomi puffed her cheeks as she said this, and slowly, she grew bigger, using Growth.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 28/28 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP

It moves to read itself for an attack, leaving time for you to transform using your Burst Heart. But after that, what do you do? Use Shadow Sneak or Growl?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->33/40 HP, 62/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Using Growth raises your Special Attack, but Natasha doesn’t seem afraid at all.

“We’ve trained against guys twice as big as you, don’t think size makes you more intimidating!” With that, she lashes out with Scratch, dealing 7 damage, leaving you with 33/40 HP.

What do you do next, use Absorb or Growth?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 5
--->29/41 HP, 60/70 PP, 0/60 XP

You use Wrap again, which manages to hit Gabe for 7 damage, despite your accuracy being lowered twice. That was really, really lucky. Another 7 damage from Wrap’s after-effect lowers his HP to 26/55.

He aims another Poison Sting at you, lowering your HP to 29/41. Your luck must be rather high, since he didn’t manage to poison you that time, either. But what is your next move?

Ruca_Milda
March 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->33/40 HP, 62/65 PP, 0/60 XP[/QUOTE]

"B-But huge people are totally scary! Just look at godzilla!" She yelled, before her vines wrapped themselves around Natasha once more, Absorbing her energy.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->31/40 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Using Absorb, you deal 9 damage, lowering her HP to 39/55, while also restoring 5 HP.

"Well, some of us are as timid as you see to be! We aren't afraid of much at all!" She lashes out with Scratch again, dealing 7 damage to you, leaving you with 31/40 HP.
What move will you use next, Absorb again, or Growth?

lethum
March 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 5
--->29/41 HP, 60/70 PP, 0/60 XP

This battle was already longer than I hoped for, but... I can win this. I attacked again, using Wrap.

Sadly, I didn't have many options, but this move was working so far.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 5
--->24/41 HP, 58/70 PP, 0/60 XP

You use Wrap again, dealing 7 more damage, and the after-effect kicks in, too, leaving him with 12/55 HP.

Gabe is frustrated to no end, now, "I hit you twice with Sand Attack! You shouldn't have been able to hit me so often with that! Damn it!" With that, he let fly another Poison Sting, doing another 4 damage, but this time it does poison you, dealing an extra 1 damage, leaving you with 24/41 HP. "Ha! Looks like your luck ran out that time!"

What do you do now? Use Wrap again, Leer, or use one of the two Potions you have?

Ruca_Milda
March 29th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->31/40 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Deciding to go on the offense, Tsubomi once again uses Absorb on Natasha.

qsurf
March 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 28/28 HP, 70/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Watching Frustration Part 1 (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk))
...what.

No really, I mean I politely ask the moron if I can move and now...wait, crap, gotta hurry, where's that Burst Heart, ah the pendant!

=========================

As quickly as he could, C pulled out his pendant from under his shirt and tugged on the jewel, the latch clicking as it was taken from its usual spot. He frowned at the Slowpoke Burst as he placed the jewel to his heart and he glowed red. The glow subsided and his clothes seemed to have been replaced by a white bodysuit with a white hakama, his hair was now green with a strange pair of red horns growing out of the front and back of his head.

=========================

Okay...woah! It was always a massive rush to transform into Ralts, but luckily, I had practiced enough to get used to the Psychic type’s perceptions, but for tiny detail since it only ever happened in battle.

=========================

His now crimson eyes seemed to glow and slowly the glow matched the color of the slowpoke’s own eyes, white. A blink did away with the glow and C frowned as he realized what he gained.

=========================

...obliviousness...

That was the final straw for my patience with the moron, giving him my best glare, I growled.

---> 28/28 HP, 69/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->36/40 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Your Absorb does the same as before, damaging Natasha for 9 damage, leaving her with 30/55 HP, and recovering 5 HP.

"Grrr, we won't go down so easily! If you want offense, we'll give you offense!" With that, she attacks again with Scratch, dealing 7 damage to you again, leaving you with 29/40 HP.

lethum
March 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 5
--->24/41 HP, 60/70 PP, 0/60 XP

For a moment I was tempted to tell him that he had to trust the heart of the cards, but I reigned in the impulse. I had an relevant question to answer. Should I hold on with my own strength to the end of the battle or should I use the potion?

...

This battle is nearing it's end, I'll attack with Warp and endure this damage!

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 28/28 HP, 69/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Using Growl, you lower its attack.

Slowly but moving faster, it launches its attack, using Tackle. With its attack lowered, it deals 8 damage, leaving you with 20/28 HP.
What will you do, use Growl again, Shadow Sneak, or a Potion?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 6
--->24/41 HP, 59/70 PP, 7/65 XP

You use Wrap again, barely landing the attack, but still managing it. With the damage from that and the after-effect damage, Gabe was K.O.'d.
You had won.

You gained 67 XP. -Your Dratini leveled up!-
HP: 43^
Attack: 30^
Defense: 24^
Special Attack: 24^
Special Defense: 18
Speed: 24^

You got 300 Poke-dollars and an Antidote!

But now you need to return to your journey. Do you go back to Blackthorn City, or continue south on Route 45?
Do you want to use one of your two Antidoets to heal your Dratini of poison? Or just use one of your two Potions? Or both?

qsurf
March 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 20/28 HP, 69/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Watching Frustration Part 2 (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk))
Flying back from the attack, C found himself skidding a little distance before he stood and quickly got into a crouch.

========================

Okay, not as fast as me, but damn it that still hurt! Anyways, I suppose I better finish this…why does always feel like I’m freezing whenever I do this?

========================

As he lowered himself into the kneeling of a sprinter, his shadow grew and just as he started sprinting to the Slowpoke, the Shadow swallowed him and hurtled to the Slowpoke.

---> Used Shadow Sneak; Traced Oblivious Ability (forgot to note last turn)
---> 20/28 HP, 68/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 20/28 HP, 67/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Using Shadow Sneak, you attack and hit for 10 damage, leaving the opponent with 35/45 HP. It lets loose a Yawn at you, to try and force you to sleep, but it misses.

What do you do now, attack with Shadow Sneak again, use Growl, or use a Potion?

Milbunk
March 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Mio Misaki (Milbunk)
Hoenn - Dewford Town
Abra - Level 5
--->25/25 HP, 35/35 PP, 0/60 XP

'Potions?'

Check.

'Spare Antidote?'

Check.

'Travel money?'

Check.

After checking to make sure that all supplies were in order and her Abra was snug inside its ball Mio said her goodbyes to her parents before heading off the direction of Granite cave, there she intended to practice a bit and as a sort of test run for herself.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->29/50 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 X

She blinks at you as if you're an idiot, "No bet. If you haven't bothered to pay attention, why should I give you that information?" Attacking again with Tackle, she deals 7 more damage, leaving you with 29/50 HP.

You retaliate with Scratch, dealing 9 damage to her again, leaving her with 31/60 HP.

She returns this with a Growl, lowering your attack.

But what do you do now? Attack again Scratch, use your Potion, or use Leer to lower her defense?

qsurf
March 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 20/28 HP, 68/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle
---> Trace: Oblivious

Watching Frustration Part 3 (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk))
As the shadow passed through the Slowpoke’s own, C could feel his pass though his opponent, and when he stopped, he found himself facing slowly turning Burst Warrior. As the other yawned after turning to him, C quickly called on the attack again and got sucked into his own Shadow.

==========================

I need to finish this as soon as I can!


---> Used Shadow Sneak
---> 20/28 HP, 67/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Bloble
March 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->29/50 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 X

"Gah! How unfriendly these locals are!" Brody groaned theatrically as he reeled back from Harriet's attack. "Well excuse a country boy like me for not knowing the lay of the land!" He Leers Stares Disapprovingly at his opponent, while jumping backwards to widen the distance between him and his opponent.

"I guess I'll have to buy a map after all..." He sighs. "Or at least update this horrible Pokegear to show a map other than Kanto's." He shakes his head

Either way, he charges forward to Scratch his opponent again as soon as he's finished with his Leer Disapproving Stare. His body aches from the wounds he's received, but Brody refuses to back down from his first ever battle!

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Mio Misaki (Milbunk)
Hoenn - Granite Cave
Abra - Level 5
--->25/25 HP, 35/35 PP, 0/60 XP

You walke through the entry-way of Granite cave, the lighting on this level being enough that you can see clearly in all directions. But it makes you feel like you're being watched, and screeches ring out from the darker parts of the cave, sending a shiver down your spine, and you can almost hear your Pokemon whimper.

But you have to make a choice, will you continue on into the darker parts of the cave, or search around this floor?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->29/50 HP, 58/65 PP, 0/60 XP

You use Leer, lowering her defense, and prepare your Scratch after that.
Harriet, though, suddenly uses Foresight, for a reason you can't quite tell, and honestly you're not sure what the move does, but you attack with your readied Scratch., dealing 10 damage this time, lowering her HP to 21/60.

She retaliates with Tackle, but misses, unluckily for her.

What do you want to do next? Use Scratch, Leer, or your one Potion?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 20/28 HP, 68/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Your Shadow Sneak does the same as it had previously for 10 damage, leaving the opponent with 25/45 HP.
It uses Curse, though, lowering its speed, and raising its attack and defense.

What do you want to do now, use Shadow Sneak again, Growl, or a Potion?

Milbunk
March 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Mio Misaki (Milbunk)
Hoenn - Granite Cave
Abra - Level 5
--->25/25 HP, 35/35 PP, 0/60 XP

The cave was certainly an are she were not familiar with, despite it being rather close to where she lived, taking a deep breath and after a quick glance at Abra she decided to descend even farther into the cave. And into the dark depths of the unknown.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->37/55 HP, 83/85 PP, 0/60 XP

Megan gives an odd look, "Are you going to attack or not? I want to win or lose fair and square in battles at least..."

Bloble
March 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->29/50 HP, 58/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Brody wasn't sure what move his opponent used. It didn't seem to do anything, so he continued to attack anyway. Harriet counter-attacked with a Tackle, but his Scratch had thrown her aim off, and he managed to dodge her attack, if only barely.

"Hey, keep your head in the game!" He laughed cheerfully. "You should pay more attention to your opponent!" It was an ironic echo of Harriet's previous words.

Brody pressed on the attack, trying to Scratch his opponent once more. It was getting boring, however, only using one move, and he resolved to try learning some more moves afterwards. Perhaps something to do with biting. For some weird reason, while fused with Brotodile he had an unusual urge to sink his sharp teeth into things.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Mio Misaki (Milbunk)
Hoenn - Granite Cave
Abra - Level 5
--->25/25 HP, 35/35 PP, 0/60 XP

As soon as you move forward into the cave, a dark blur flies past you, too close for comfort. With the light of the other part of the cave still visible, you’re able to make out your attacker’s appearance as it waits for you to use Burst…

Name: ???

Pokemon: Zubat
Type: Poison/Flying
Ability:
Nature: Naughty

HP: 40
Attack: 24
Defense: 20
Sp. Attack: 18
Sp. Defense: 16
Speed: 24

PP: 35
Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->22/50 HP, 55/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Your follow-up Scratch attack leaves Harriet with only 11/60 HP, and she panting, both tired and annoyed. But she attacks with Tackle, silently this time, maybe trying to focus her eyesight on you more than before. Her attack hits, and lowers your HP to 22/50.

What will you do next, though?

Bloble
March 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 5
--->22/50 HP, 55/65 PP, 0/60 XP

As Harriet Tackles Brody he is pushed back, but not before he manages to get a good Scratch in.

His breathing is heavy. Although he hates to admit it, Harriet has got enough good hits on him that he's in pretty bad shape. For a battle, this is remarkably serious. It's actually quite... exhilarating. So this is what adventure feels like! "You're... pretty good." He admits.

But still, as he eyes his opponent he realizes something.

"Hey, how about you surrender?" He asks, while looking at Harriet with a Leer Serious Expression. "You're in bad shape, and one good hit from me will most likely take you out. How about we leave it like this, huh?"

He asks but knows inside that no true Pokemon trainer or Burst warrior would ever surrender. Still, he had to at least offer. He prepares to Scratch Harriet the moment she steps in to attack him, with all his might!

lethum
March 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 6
--->24/43 HP, 59/70 PP, 7/65 XP

After the aftermath of the battle was dealt with, which included using the antidote I'd just received to deal with the poison status I'd been inflicted with, I looked around. As I'd expected, not much had changed during the battle. With one last look at Gabe, I decided to push through and keep going down route 45. I had a good feeling about going in this direction, and I wanted to reach the sea again. After having the gentle waves of the oceans a short walk away, I had begun to miss the way the sun set on the waves as the wind caressed my face and danced with my hair.

I decided, then and there, not to use my other potion unless I woke tomorrow without having recovered from my injuries. I imperiously began walking again.

Artee
March 29th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->37/55 HP, 83/85 PP, 0/60 XP

She looks angrily at Megan, and takes off the b-heart from her pocket: "Let's beat her, Sunrise!"
After doing the burst, she tries to tackle the Meowth again.

Ruca_Milda
March 29th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->36/40 HP, 60/65 PP, 0/60 XP

"Geez, she's stubborn...!" Tsubomi thought to herself, being scratched once again. "I don't want to miss Prima's lecture! I am sorry, but you are going down!" She said, before Absorbing parts of Natasha's energy again.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->37/55 HP, 81/85 PP, 0/60 XP

Using Tackle, you hit her square on for 7 damage again, leaving her with 26/40 HP.

She frowns, and quickly uses Growl, lowering your attack. A look in her eyes tells you she’s up to something.

What will you do next?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->33/40 HP, 58/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Your Absorb does the same as before, damaging Natasha for 11 damage, leaving her with 19/55 HP, and recovering 5 HP.

She attacks again with Scratch, dealing 7 damage to you again, leaving you with 33/40 HP.

What will you do next?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 7/65 XP


You lower her defense with Leer. “Heh, let’s just get this over with!” With a shout, she lunges straight for you with Tackle, intent on damaging you more. This lowers your HP to 15/50.

But your next attack, Scratch, ends up K.O.ing her in one strike.

You gained 67 XP! -Your Totodile leveled up!-


HP: 52^
Attack: 30^
Defense: 28^
Special Attack: 24^
Special Defense: 18
Speed: 24^

Your Totodile learned Water Gun!

You got 300 Poke-dollars and a Potion!

But now you need to return to your journey. Do you go back keep on going west on Route 29, or head north to see what you can of Route 46?
Do you want to use one of your two Potions to heal your Totodile?

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

Your journey from that point was relaxing and peaceful, and allowed you and your Dratini to rest and loosen up a bit from the mostly-tense battle.

But you encounter no one else, oddly enough, as you make your way onto Route 46. But do you want to go down the ledge, or explore Dark Cave?

Bloble
March 29th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 7/65 XP

"Well that was fun, wasn't it, Brotodile?" Brody said cheerfully as he read the instructions on how to use the Potion he'd acquired from beating Harriet. While normally he'd feel bad about searching an unconscious girl, he'd ready the battle rules before setting out, and they did say that each Pokemon trainer or Burst Warrior had to have a pouch dedicated to 'rewards' when fighting, so that if they lost the opponent would get something. In his case, he'd found a Potion and 300 Pokedollars in Harriet's pouch.

"Hm... it was fun, but... I'm not quite satisfied yet." He muttered as he used the potion to heal Brotodile of its wounds during battle. "She was quite rude, wasn't she, Brotodile?" A devious grin was suddenly on his face. "I think this calls for some... reparation, doesn't it?"

The mischievous glimmer of the red jewel seemed to agree.

Brody fished around in his backpack and pulled out a perfectly mundane object. It was nothing more than a thick black marker. Perfect for making signs, defacing white walls, and...

"She had a Hoothoot, didn't she? Maybe she should look more like one, with how much of a night owl she is!"

...drawing on people's faces.

It was amazing. Brody's technique was unparalleled. Within seconds, he'd drawn a series of marks on the knocked out girl's face, making her head look like a Hoothoot. He'd expertly drawn around her eyes, and even linked the markings to her eyebrows. It was impeccable. Despite having only once seen a Hoothoot during his entire life, he had perfectly reproduced the markings on its face.

"Hehehe." He pocketed the marker. "A masterpiece, if I do say so! That one probably won't wash off for a day or so!"

He set off then, but not before leaving the girl his Pokegear number and marking down her own. She had been pretty cute, after all, and he was certain that once she woke up and discovered his little paint job she'd want a very violent, painful rematch.

"Now, to the west, Brotodile! To adventure!"

Berserkslash
March 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->21/40 HP, 13/20 PP, 0/60 XP

James stumbles back shaking his head, trying to clear the ringing and get rid of all the doubles he is seeing before deciding to try and finish it quickly with a final Take Down.

James charges preparing himself and attacks what he thinks to be Maurice.

He closed his eyes as he hits.

Impact.

James struggles to stand up against the dizziness and see if he had won the match or needed a potion badly.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 5
--->21/42 HP, 13/20 PP, 0/60 XP

You nearly miss, but you still managed to K.O. Maurice with that hit.

You gained 67 XP! -Your Beldum leveled up!-

HP: 42^
Attack: 26^
Defense: 34^
Special Attack: 22^
Special Defense: 28^
Speed: 14

You got 300 Poke-dollars and a Potion!

But now you need to return to your journey. Do you go back keep on going east on Route 218, or head back west to Canalave City's Pokemon Center to heal fully?
Or do you want to use one of your two Potions to heal your Beldum?

Berserkslash
March 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 6
--->21/42 HP, 13/20 PP, 7/65 XP

"Whew, that took quite a bit out of me. It'll be annoying getting to a level where I can wander peacefully instead of getting by through cunning and sneaking." James stands up and makes his way back to the Pokemon center for a quick heal before continuing on his way.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 6
--->42/42 HP, 20/20 PP, 7/65 XP

Once you're all healed and back on Route 218, what do you want to do? Challenge someone else to a battle, or get a ride across the water?

Artee
March 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->37/55 HP, 81/85 PP, 0/60 XP

I will use Tail Whip to lower her defense, and stay ready not to get caught surprisingly.

Lycodrake
March 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->37/55 HP, 81/85 PP, 0/60 XP

Lowering her defense with Tail Whip, you try and leap back to put some space between the two of you.
But Megan is faster than you think in that area, too, and attacks you again with Scratch, leaving you with 28/55 HP.

What will you do next?

Berserkslash
March 29th, 2012, 08:36 PM
James (Berserkslash)
Sinnoh - Route 218
Beldum - Level 6
--->42/42 HP, 20/20 PP, 7/65 XP

"Hmm." James stretches his hands up in the air looking into the clear sky high above. "I think it'll be a good idea to stay on route 218 for a while, at least until I've fought everyone willing here. It's a nice area." So saying James wanders around the area for a little bit, looking for another battle.

Artee
March 29th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->28/55 HP, 81/85 PP, 0/60 XP

I WILL TACKLE HER WITH ALL MY MIGHT, GO GO CRITICAL HIT! I've got aaaanger and I don't wanna lose my first battle, at all!
"This is not a game, and I'll show you who's the best!"

qsurf
March 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 20/28 HP, 68/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle
---> Trace: Oblivious

Watching Frustration Part 4 (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk))
Passing through the other Burst’s shadow again, C leapt up and out of his shdow only to find to find the other warrior still standing. He was able to keep his face calm, but he still pouted a little.

===========================

This…this has gotten irritating.

“Hypocrite.”

There, those are the only words I have for this moron.

===========================

Crouching again, he quickly was absorbed by his shadow and hurtled to the other Burst.

---> Used Shadow Sneak
---> 20/28 HP, 66/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

lethum
March 30th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Route 45
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

The rest of my trip southwards through Route 46 was uneventful, with nothing more than the scenery and the weather to keep me company. Invigorated by a promising beginning, I moved somewhat faster than I otherwise would, and it wasn't until a long time later that I realized I had healed my wounds that during my hike. Something obvious, to anyone who's studied Burst Warriors, but rewarding to feel on my own body.

As I finally arrived down to a ledge that led further southwards, I noticed an entrance in the mountains to the west: a cave. If my memory didn't fail me, it was called the Dark Cave, and would be filled mostly with the same kind of pokémon that filled caves all over the world, and the trainers who braved their depths for sport or otherwise.

What way should I take? Cave or ledge? Hmm... I think, that I will like the people on the normal route, more than those who hole themselves underground in the mountains. South it is.

I went to the south, down the ledge.

Dantalion
March 30th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)

Sinnoh – Solaceon Town (Outskirts)
Spiritomb – Level 5
---> 50/50 HP, 60/60 PP, 0/60XP
---> Misc: Carving knife (1), Small block of wood (2), Coil of rope (1), Flask of water (1), Survival knife (1)
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1)

It was night when he shovelled the last piece of dirt onto the shallow grave of yet another Starly. A disease had been sweeping through the population, and while Reiji cared nothing for the living, he felt some perverse need to take care of the dead.

He straightened, leaning the wooden shovel against a tree and tugging the cowl of his ragged cloak lower over his face. Picking up his backpack, he hurried away from the grave, where a flock of Starly still stood, cooing mournfully. He headed south, toward the Lost Tower. The presence of so many Pokemon surrounding him, a blaze of colour and sound and life, had unsettled him, and he needed the quiet and darkness of the Tower to gather his thoughts. He felt a murmur of approval from his Heart. Spiritomb liked the atmosphere of the Lost Tower too.

He set off, slipping silently through the trees, leaving no trace that any human had been there beyond an abandoned shovel and a fresh grave.

Lycodrake
March 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 11/28 HP, 66/70 PP, 0/60 XP

Your Shadow Sneak lands just like it had previously, leaving your opponent with 15/45 HP.
It lurches forward, with all the elegance of a drunkard, using Tackle, hitting you for 9 damage, leaving you with 11/28 HP.
What will you do now, use Shadow Sneak again, Growl, or one of your two Potions?

Ruca_Milda
March 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->33/40 HP, 58/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Tsubomi once again uses Absorb on Natasha.

qsurf
March 31st, 2012, 12:52 AM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 11/28 HP, 66/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle
---> Trace: Oblivious

Watching Frustration Part 5 (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk))
As C leapt out of his shadow from his attack, the other Burst came in with a drunken, weaving motion and slammed shoulder first into his sternum, causing the sixteen-year-old to fly back and tumble rather messily on the ground. He slowly and shakily stood up, heavily breathing and gingerly rubbing his sternum as he held back the rising gorge.

He glared at the other Burst with tearing eyes.

===========================

Damn it, damn it, damn it! This hurts, this really hurts!! I get that I’m a Burst Warrior and all, but...

...okay I can still move, but what do I do...

I hate being a Burst, I hate it!

===========================

Gritting his teeth, he was absorbed by his shadow again and hurtled to the other warrior.

---> Used Shadow Sneak
---> 11/28 HP, 65/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Lianru
March 31st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Faye Roth (Lianru)
Hoenn - Lavaridge Town
Vulpix - Level 5
--->38/38 HP, 55/55 PP, 0/60 XP

East is the way to go. Staying cooped up in this hot place any longer won't do me any good. Besides, it's better to get different types of enemies to get more experience.

"Well then, let's be off! To...wherever going east takes me~! I'm sure it'll be fun! Ready, Vulpix?"

Lycodrake
March 31st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)
Sinnoh – Route 209
Spiritomb – Level 5
---> 50/50 HP, 60/60 HP, 0/60XP

With your attention narrowed down towards the Lost Tower, you walk through your own path onto Route 209, but can’t be sure what to expect along the way as you make your way onto one of the hills toward your apparent destination. You see a the very start of the bridge across the water on the horizon, fishermen young and old at the water’s edge, and glance around at your own surroundings.

But, apparently, as you had been walking, you had caught the eye of someone else on the route, someone who has felt the need to challenge you. The young man carrying a guitar case in one hand and is polite in challenging you, though. “My name is Shane, my fellow Burst Warrior. Let us battle, alright?”


Name: Shane

Pokemon: Shinx
Type: Electric
Ability: Rivalry
Nature: Modest

HP: 45
Attack: 26
Defense: 14
Sp. Attack: 22
Sp. Defense: 18
Speed: 22

PP: 65
Moves: Tackle, Leer

Lycodrake
March 31st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Faye Roth (Lianru)
Hoenn - Route 112
Vulpix - Level 5
--->38/38 HP, 55/55 PP, 0/60 XP

With a bounce in your step, you make your out of town, leaving behind its hot springs and herbal remedies, along with the gym therein. Making sure to watch where you step, having stayed in the area at least for a little while, you travel down the path and to the ledges that would let you climb down quickly to Route 112.

Making sure with each motion downward to be careful with your footing and balance, you manage to scale the relatively safe ledges, and make it to the route below. When you do, though, you notice that there are a few people around the route, though you could tell only a few were Trainers or Burst Warriors.

Needless to say, you were a bit shocked when smoke drifted by your feet, drawing your eyes to a young woman under a tree, staring up at the sky. She had some sort of cover over her mouth, maybe a portable re-breather like the ones that had invented a few years ago? Anyway, the purple-haired girl blinks wide amethyst eyes at you for a second, before jumping to her feet.

You can nearly feel the giddiness exuding from her when she approaches you directly, “Um, hi! My name’s Cassidy…um…would you like to battle? I mean…I should say ‘I challenge you!’” She lets out a nervous giggle, but you can’t deny the fervor in her words.




Name: Cassidy

Pokemon: Koffing
Type: Poison
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Adamant

HP: 40
Attack: 28
Defense: 32
Sp. Attack: 18
Sp. Defense: 22
Speed: 20

PP: 95
Moves: Tackle, Smog, Poison Gas

Lycodrake
March 31st, 2012, 06:23 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 11/28 HP, 65/70 PP, 0/60 XP


You hit just as quickly as before with Shadow Sneak, dealing 10 damage, leaving the pink, rotund enemy with only 5/45 HP now. It lolls a bit in pain, befuddling as any of the species…both human and Slowpoke.

Soon enough, though, it gets back on track and decides to retaliate to your attack with using Growl, lowering your attack once. Even after that, it seems prepared to use Tackle as soon as you’re done making your move.

What do you do, use Shadow Sneak a final time, Growl, or use one of your two Potions?

Lycodrake
March 31st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->38/40 HP, 56/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Just as before, you attack with Absorb, hitting spot on the purple-garbed ego-driven girl. You do 11 damage again, leaving her with 8/55 HP, and recovering 5 HP. But she isn’t done just yet.

Without any wait, she dashes forward, surprisingly fast compared to what she had previously been like, and uses Scratch, dealing 8 damage. She doesn’t speak, though, and has an odd look in her eyes. You’re left with 30/40 HP after the attack, and you feel a little tired from all this.

What will you do now, use Absorb a final time or Growth?

Lycodrake
March 31st, 2012, 06:48 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->28/55 HP, 79/85 PP, 0/60 XP


You run forward, and throw your weight into your shoulder in a Tackle, dealing 9 damage, and leaving her with 17/40 HP. She eyes you warily and holds one side tenderly, eyeing you a bit more seriously than she had since the beginning of the battle.

Shaking her head and returning a smirk in place of the moment of frowning, before using Scratch, dealing 8 damage, and leaving you with 20/55 HP.

What do you do next, use Tackle again, Growl, or use one of your two Potions?

Dantalion
March 31st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)

Sinnoh – Route 209
Spiritomb – Level 5
---> 50/50 HP, 60/60 PP, 0/60XP
---> Misc: Carving knife (1), Small block of wood (2), Coil of rope (1), Flask of water (1), Survival knife (1)
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1)

“……”
Reiji stared at the man, annoyed at himself for being seen. It would have been easiest to just ignore him and walk away, but he could feel Spiritomb’s sudden eagerness at the challenge, the spirits’ usual inclination to fight, to harm others, rising to the surface again.

He decided to fight. Blinking once, he focused on his Burst Heart, merging with Spiritomb. His form faded into insubstantiality, his eyes taking on the eerie green glow of the spirits now fused with him, and a purple haze surrounded him. As always when he used Burst, he felt his connection with the world around him diminish further. Colours bleached from his vision, and the ground under his feet could no longer be felt. It was as if he was drifting away from life, into death. He liked the feeling.

Looking back up at Shane, he lunged forward in a sudden blur with Pursuit, aiming to hit the man before he could react.

---> 50/50 HP, 59/60 PP, 0/60XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1)

Artee
April 2nd, 2012, 12:25 AM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->20/55 HP, 79/85 PP, 0/60 XP

"You won't stay on my way, and I won't lose my first battle!"

I will use Tail Whip and stay ready, trying not to receive her next attack and finish her up at once.

Lianru
April 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Faye (Lianru)
Hoenn - Route 112
Vulpix - Level 5
--->38/38 HP, 55/55 PP, 0/60 XP

All right, first battle!

"Let's start it off with an Ember, Vulpix!"

qsurf
April 2nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 11/28 HP, 65/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle
---> Trace: Oblivious

Watching Frustration Part 6 (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk))
Leaping out of his shadow and seeing his opponent loll about in discomfort brought a sense of relief to C that it was almost over. With one last crouch, he was about to finish when the Slowpoke growled at him.

============================

A-ah...umm...

Wait! I need to finish this now! No time for doubts!

============================

Even as he shook off most of the indecision he felt, C still had doubts about whether or not he could really finish the fight. Especially it seemed the other Burst felt assured that they would survive long enough to finish it in one attack.

Taking a deep breath and muttering a short prayer, C was quickly absorbed by his shadow and hurtled to the other Burst warrior in a final attack.

---> Used Shadow Sneak
---> 11/28 HP, 64/70 PP, 0/60 XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Milbunk
April 2nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mio Misaki (Milbunk)
Hoenn - Granite Cave
Abra - Level 5
--->25/25 HP, 35/35 PP, 0/60 XP

'Alright... Battle number one, now it's time to analyze the quality of my research.'

Taking the orb attached to her belt she called the words she herself had decided to use for the situation. Since it was really a type of self hypnosis any words could be used according to the person using them.

"Activate fusion, burst mode."

A flash of light and Mio was no longer just a normal trainer. She had fused with her own pokemon.

'So far the results are as expected. Now to test the battle capabilities.'

A burst of energy surged from her new body. She intended to hit the Zubat head on with Hidden Power.

Lycodrake
April 6th, 2012, 09:50 AM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 5
---> 11/30 HP, 64/95 PP, 0/60 XP

Your attack lands, K.O.ing the opponent without any trouble, though leaving you tired and low on health.

You gained 67 XP! -Your Ralts leveled up!-


HP: 30^
Attack: 14^
Defense: 18
Special Attack: 24^
Special Defense: 22^
Speed: 24^

Your Ralts learned Confusion!
You got 300 Poke-dollars and a potion!

Now you need to continue on your journey. The only available path is through the path through the craggy rocks…
You only need to decide if you want to use one of your three (3) Potions, or move on…

Lycodrake
April 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Faye (Lianru)
Hoenn - Route 112
Vulpix - Level 5
--->38/38 HP, 55/55 PP, 0/60 XP

You attack with Ember, and hit Cassidy spot on, dealing 11 damage, leaving her with 29/40 HP.
She grits her teeth a bit at that, but grins, "That was a good attack, but try this on for size!"

Saying that, she charges into you with a Tackle, and manages to landa hit on you, dealing 12 damage, leaving you with 26/38 HP. "I won't go down so easy, okay?"

qsurf
April 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
C (qsurf) (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1772-Pokemon-Burst-Warriors-OOC-Thread?p=648926&viewfull=1#post648926)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 6
---> 11/30 HP, 64/95 PP, 0/60 XP, PK$ 300
---> Backpack: Potion (3), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle
---> Trace: N/A
---> Attacks:
Confusion, Growl, Shadow Sneak

Watching Results (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWJhFfI4cW4))
Leaping out of his shadow one last time to see the results of his attack, the Slowpoke Burst falling to their knees and then their face as they passed out. C let out an explosive breath as he fell back onto his butt, feeling his body complaining about the bruises he had gotten during the fight, it was dull throbbing pain and to make matters worse…

==================

I knew I hated this part of a battle for some reason, now I have to choose between dragging the knocked out Burst here to the same town I was headed to or just leaving them behind to their fate. Decisions, decisions, decisions…well, at least I know what I need to do next, and it was going to suck.

==================

Quickly taking off his backpack and checking it over, C breathed another sigh of relief as he found that everything in the bag was in one piece. Taking out a potion, he frowned a little, his equivalent of making a face and sticking out his tongue, at the bottle, then quickly opened it and drank down the stuff.

Almost gagging after he drank down the potion, he quickly took out his bottle of water and attempted to wash away as much of the aftertaste as he could.

==================

Yup, sucked as always, and word is, Super Potions taste worse! Ah whatever…got another half minute before it’s done with its work, so let’s chill a bit…huh?

==================

C’s head started throbbing, but soon, the faint throbbing vanished, as if it never existed, and left in its wake, was the knowledge of how to unleash the chaos of his mind and give it a physical form. His frown lessened as he tapped his chest and he was covered by the crimson light, glad that he was done with his burst form.


---> Used Potion, deactivated Burst Form
---> 11/28 HP, 64/70 PP, 0/60 XP, PK$ 300
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle

Ruca_Milda
April 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 5
--->38/40 HP, 56/65 PP, 0/60 XP

Sensing that her enemy is almost done, Tsubomi prepares for her final attack! Posing like a true superheroine, she prepared to attack, her vines glowing with an awesome power...!

"Pre***e Pink Forte Wave-----!" She yelled! And she prepared to fire an awesome beam from her hands, completely taking her opponent by surprise!---wait, not really. "Joke~" Tsubomi said as one of her vines entangled Natasha and Absorbed her energy once again.

Lycodrake
April 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Mio Misaki (Milbunk)
Hoenn - Granite Cave
Abra - Level 5
--->19/25 HP, 33/35 PP, 0/60 XP

Using Hidden Power, you send out shards of ice from the radial attack, both unexpected and startling to you, dealing 16 damage to your opponent, leaving it with 24/40 HP.

However, it lunges towards you, and manages to use Leech Life, dealing 6 damage, and healing itself for 3 HP, so that it recovers to 27/40.

With that, you are left with 19/25 HP. This battle might be harder than you first expected, but it isn’t over just yet. What do you want to do next? Use Hidden Power again, Teleport, or use one of your two (2) Potions?

Lycodrake
April 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 6
--->42/42 HP, 55/65 PP, 7/65 XP

Your Absorb lashes out and catches Natasha again, who had been boggling at you for pulling such a stunt, and deal 11 damage yet again, K.O.-ing her and recovering 5 HP.



You gained 67 XP! -Your Budew leveled up!-


HP: 42^
Attack: 16
Defense: 22
Special Attack: 24^
Special Defense: 30^
Speed: 28^

You got 300 Poke-dollars and a potion!

Now all that is left for you is to decide to either help Natasha to a Pokemon Center, or continue on your journey to the center of the island.

Lycodrake
April 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->20/55 HP, 77/85 PP, 0/60 XP

You lower her defense with a quick Tail Whip, and back away a few steps. Megan isn’t particularly annoyed by this, or worried, but doesn’t say much either way. She aims again with Scratch, and manages to strike spot-on again for 8 damage, leaving you with 12/55 HP.

Your opponent has a mischievous look on her face again, after having a slight frown beforehand.

What will you do now, though, use Tackle, Tail Whip again, or use one of your two (2) Potions?

Lycodrake
April 10th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)
Sinnoh – Route 209
Spiritomb – Level 5
---> 50/50 HP, 58/60 HP, 0/60XP

You lunge forward quickly with Pursuit, aiming to strike your opponent right of the bat, and collide with him for 12 damage, leaving him with 33/45 HP.

The guitarist and Burst Warrior shakes it off quickly, though, and uses Leer, lowering your defenses.

What is your next move, will you use Pursuit again, Shadow Sneak, or Confuse Ray?

Artee
April 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->12/55 HP, 77/85 PP, 0/60 XP


I will use my Tackle again.

Dantalion
April 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)

Sinnoh – Route 209
Spiritomb – Level 5
---> 50/50 HP, 58/60 PP, 0/60XP
---> Misc: Carving knife (1), Small block of wood (2), Coil of rope (1), Flask of water (1), Survival knife (1)
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1)

Statuses:
Def -1

Reiji circled around his opponent warily, trying to flank him. He could feel Spiritomb calming, the earlier agitation tempered into a razor focus now that they were actually fighting. Even as his mind raced, looking for ways to trap his opponent, he saw the guitarist tense, shifting as he prepared to take action. Making a split-second decision, he leapt sideways into a crouch before once again lunging forward with Pursuit, trying to disrupt whatever move the other Burst Warrior had planned.

---> 50/50 HP, 57/60 PP, 0/60XP
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1)

Lycodrake
April 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->12/55 HP, 75/85 PP, 0/60 XP

Rushing forward, you use Tackle against Megan, this time dealing 11 damage, leaving her with 6/40 HP. For once, she actually looks bothered by the attack, staying silent until she lets lose a Growl to try and lower your attack. Unexpectedly, though, it fails to do anything. Either that, or she’d given up.

Now it’s your turn, do you attack again and finish her off with Tackle, use Tail Whip, or use one of your two (2) Potions?

Lycodrake
April 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 7/65 XP

After your vengeful artistry and shout to the skies, you return to the trail leading west. But there is a tree that is blocking your way, and the foliage is too thick for you to move around it. You see ledges to north of you, and a trail weaving through them.

Shrugging, you decide to go up that path, and find yourself at a crossroad. One path heading west through some tall grass, and you see a few berry trees on a small hill. In front of you, directly north, though, is a small resting area.

Do you want to continue west through the grass and near the berry trees, or go to the resting area? Do you want to talk with Totodile some more?

Lycodrake
April 17th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Rina Bradford (lethum)Johto - Route 46
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

You leap down and off of Route 45 and onto Route 46 to see some more rocky and mountainous areas around you, but a grass field below a few more ledges, and a resting area past that. Your only choice now is to walk to the resting area, though…

Artee
April 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 5
--->12/55 HP, 75/85 PP, 0/60 XP


Let's finish her! >:3 Go go, Sunrise, let's use Tackle!

Bloble
April 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 7/65 XP

"Hm... those berries look delicious..." Brody salivated at the thought of some wild, fresh grown food. During his journey to Johto, he'd survived several times on berries he'd grabbed from trees. Surprisingly, despite his mother's frequent warnings to the contrary, none of them had been poisonous. "But that long grass doesn't look very good. We might run into a wild pokemon if we're unlucky." He frowned. Brotodile was tired and hurt from the last battle, and the Brostar wasn't sure if his partner could take another battle in its current condition.

He held up the red jewel and watched it sparkle in the sunlight. "How do you feel, Brotodile? Think you've got enough left in you to handle some mangy old wild pokemon, or should we go rest uphill first?"

Lycodrake
April 17th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 6
--->12/57 HP, 75/85 PP, 7/65 XP

With a final Tackle, you K.O. the mischievous Meowth Burst Warrior and, seemingly, thief.

You gained 67 XP! -Your Eevee leveled up!-


HP: 57^
Attack: 18
Defense: 24^
Special Attack: 24^
Special Defense: 28^
Speed: 28^

You got 300 Poke-dollars and a potion!

Now you have to decide, will you take Megan to the Pokemon Center and then continue on your path down Route 6, or move on your way already? Do you want to use one of your three (3) Potions?

lethum
April 17th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)Johto - Route 46
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

A rest area? How convenient. Even if Dratini had rested, it would be beneficial take a look at the place. There was always the possibility that I would meet another trainer soon, and I would doubtlessly take some damage at the level of power I am in, unless that trainer was incompetent to the point of suicide. The rest house could prove to be a convenient place to rest in.

I walked over to the resting area...

Lycodrake
April 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

From within the red-tinted Burst Heart, your Totodile did a small hop-skip before pointing towards the Rest Area with small, echoed cry of “Dile dile!”

You gained 10 XP for speaking with your Totodile!

Lycodrake
April 17th, 2012, 12:09 PM
C (qsurf)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 6
---> 20/30 HP, 64/95 PP, 7/65 XP

Done with your battle against the…bothersome and apparently dimwitted Slowpoke Burst Warrior, and having used one of your two (2) Potions, you now have to decide what you want to do.

Will you follow the path through the rocky crag or make your way around it? Do you want to talk to your Ralts?

Bloble
April 17th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

"Alright, then let's get you some rest!" Brody affectionately gave the jewel a rub, and stuck it in his most secure pocket for safekeeping. "After all that hard work earlier, it would be too much to ask you to fight again so soon. Take a rest; we'll get those berries once you're all healed up."

He changed his course and made for the rest area, marching confidently and surely.

qsurf
April 17th, 2012, 05:02 PM
C (qsurf) (http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1772-Pokemon-Burst-Warriors-OOC-Thread?p=648926&viewfull=1#post648926)
Orange Archipelago - Mandarin Island South
Ralts - Level 6
---> 11/30 HP, 64/95 PP, 7/65 XP, PK$ 300
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1), PokeGear, Camping Gear and Utensils, Small Camera, Notebook, Sketchpad, Changes of Clothes (2 sets), Water bottle
---> Trace: N/A
---> Attacks:
Confusion, Growl, Shadow Sneak

Watching Communications (BGM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGuJy8wEYY))
Ah, much better! Hmm, my sternum’s still aching a bit, but I should live. Now then…
=====================
Standing up and dusting off his skirt, C looked down at the other Burst Warrior and then shrugged to himself, hey he wasn’t going to be responsible for the Warrior’s possible death. So he fashioned a sled, using his tent, but just as he finished placing the other on the sled, his Burst Crystal pendant slipped out of his tank top and swung on its chain, the deep crimson of the jewel attracting his attention.

He held the crystal in his palm as he straightened, a small frown on his forehead.
=====================
Odd how I never really paid too much attention to Ralts or the Crystal, especially since I depend on them both to keep me alive. Still, I didn’t ask for this either, I would have been perfectly fine back in Pummelo, but nooooo, my dearly departed parents had other plans for me…still, I do need to try to get some kind of working relationship with this one.

“Hello?” I felt a little silly talking to a jewel, but still, “Advice?”
---> Knocking on Ralts’ door.

lethum
April 18th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Route 46
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

As I closed in to the resting area, I noticed a redhead in the distance, also headed for the same direction I was travelling to. Judging by the path he was taking and the speed we were moving at, I could tell that we would be arriving at roughly the same time. Even at this distance, I could see the a Burst Jewel glint in his chest as it hung from a necklace, but I knew that we would simply avoid a fight this close to a building.

Us Trainers and Burst Warriors tended to keep our battles well away from buildings, especially the ones in the middle of roads where it would be difficult to repair them. Deciding that there would be no point in speaking to someone I would only meet once, I decided to act as if he wasn't there and simply spend a while in the rest area.

My plans went to pieces when we got close enough for me to recognize the particular Burst Jewel he was using. And the Totodile inside.

Bloble
April 18th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

As Brody headed towards the rest area, he spotted another trainer walking there as well, a burst jewel hanging from her necklace.

"Hi!" He waved cheerfully, but nervously as well. "Um... you're not going to challenge me to a battle, are you? Because I was kinda hoping to take a break before doing any more battling-"

As he spoke, the crimson jewel on his necklace glinted in the light. Brody blinked, and the jewel let out a series of blinks, as the pokemon inside jumped up and down empathetically. "Eh, really?" He asked. Brotodile nodded.

"Oh, Brodotile says he's seen you before!" Brody grinned at the newcomer and sauntered closer to examine her features. "If he likes you, than you must be a good person! I'm Brody, Brody Brostar! It's nice to meet you!"

lethum
April 18th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Route 46
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

Was that...? Granted, I allowed the merchants to sell the Burst Jewel to any promising prospects before they finally reached an appropriate area to release the pokémon into the wild, but...

Giving a shy smile at the redhead, I stepped closer to the Jewel that held the Totodile. As I was grasping it in my hand, my own Jewel slipped forwards and bounced against his. Ah! Jumping back, I was blushing so hard that my face felt dizzy. This was bad, I couldn't just drop my guard because my... and his... I need to do something before I embarrassed myself!

"Thi- thief! Where did you find that jewel, you criminal? You couldn't have possibly paid a fair price for it, you... you!"

What's with saying that with such a weak and stuttering voice? Wait, let's start over.

"And for your information, my name is Rina. Rina Bradford."

Bloble
April 18th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

"Th-thief!? I got this guy fair and square!" Brody sputtered, involuntarily taking a step backwards and blushing furiously as the girl rushed up to him. "I had to beg the Professor for three days straight before he gave me Brotodile. I think that's a fair enough price to have paid!" Three days with not food or water... it was horrible. Luckily for him, Brotodile was good at finding edible grass despite its sharp carnivore teeth, which had kept the Brostar alive. Of course, the grass had given him diarrhoea until he got used to it, but it was a small price to pay for survival!

However, as the girl paused and introduced herself with a shaking voice, Brody realized that he may have scared her. "Hey... sorry." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Look, we may have started off on the wrong foot. Let me try this again."

He stuck out a hand. "Hi, it's nice to meet you."

lethum
April 18th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Route 46
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

His hand!

Taking a good grasp of his hand, I gave it a shake.

"Hi! I'm Rina Bradford, Dragon Type Burst Warrior."

I thought that his hand would be rougher...

Bloble
April 19th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

Brody cheerfully shook hands with the newly introduced Rina Bradford.

"Whoa! Her hand is so soft... is this what all girls are like? He pushed the thoughts out of his mind before it continued onto even more useless thought, hastily trying to come up with something to say.

"So... Rina, what brings you to the great outdoors?" He asked. "Are you aiming to become a Master, too?"

Artee
April 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Light (Artee)
Kanto - Route 6
Eevee - Level 6
--->12/57 HP, 75/85 PP, 7/65 XP

Items (so far): 3 Potions, 1 Antidote, Pokemon food, Water bottle, Pokegear, Camera. Pokedollars: 300


Good work, Eevee! Now let's go to the nearest Pokemon Center! And.. Megan.. I'll take you as well.. but it's for your pokemon, and only for that reason. You must learn to stop robbing people. Why don't you start a journey?

lethum
April 19th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Resting Area
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

"Ah, yes! I am. After everything that my parents did for me, I must become the best I can be in return. After I graduated with honors from business school, already too late to become a trainer, it was obvious that the only way I could prove myself to be a worthy hear to my family was..." since I gesture with my hands as I speak, I had been using the hand that wasn't holding Brody's hand, but then I did something embarrassing: I clasped both of my hands on my chest, still not letting go of Brody's hand.

Ah, Ah- what am I...? What am I doing?

Bloble
April 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

"Ah... um..." Brody couldn't help it. He blushed. He almost choked as he found his hand suddenly pressed to Rina's chest. "That's... a nice g-goal." He said, trying desperately not to think about his hand, jammed somewhere in between two small but noticeable bumps-

"I, uh, want to be a Pokemon Master too." He managed to say, furiously trying to clear his mind and achieve a Zen state. How he kept his voice from cracking was a mystery even to him. "Where do you c-come from?" He asked the first question that popped into his head. Still no Zen, but at least he hadn't said something incredibly stupid yet. Brody debated whether or not he should try and free his hand, and couldn't come up with an answer.

lethum
April 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Resting Area
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

"Ah! Aah! Mmh! Yes!"

After an eternal moment's hesitation, I managed to let go of him- his hand! I let go of his hand. Why is it so hard to think? It's all his fault! Gathering myself and my dignity for an instant, I managed to make a tactical decision. I'd leave right away before I made myself look even worse, or somebody came and saw this.

Speaking very fast, I said, "I'm from New Bark Town, it's very nice to meet you, Mr. Brostar."

Deciding to be polite despite trying to leave in a hurry was my second mistake. It was a decision that made me bow...while I was still close enough for his hand to be on my chest. I managed to stop myself from headbutting Brody, thankfully, but my face was barely an inch away from his body until I ran away.

"I'm sorry! Let's meet again later, okay?" I said as I ran away, into the resting house.
I shouldn't have said that last part outloud. I mean, at all! I shouldn't have said that part at all! What is that person doing to me?​

Ruca_Milda
April 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM
[FONT="]Hanasaki Tsubomi (Ruca_Milda)
Orange Isles - South Mandarin Island
Budew - Level 6
--->42/42 HP, 55/65 PP, 7/65 XP

"Ehhhh!? She fainted, just like that?!" Tsubomi couldn't even feel happy for her win as she returned back to her human form, because she thought she overdid her absorbing on the poor girl...

"Hmmm...I should take her to a pokemon center. I'm already on the way, after all..." Tsubomi decided to try taking Natasha to a pokemon center, but she had to figure out a way for her to take her there first.

She first tried to take Natasha by carrying her on her back. Tsubomi almost got crushed. "She's so heavy...!"

....In the end, Tsubomi decided to opt by dragging her around by the legs, since that's all she could manage....and thusly, she slowly made her way to the populated parts of the island...

Bloble
April 21st, 2012, 10:50 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

Brody relaxed as soon as Rina entered the rest house, releasing a breath he didn't know he had been holding. His mind almost shut down trying to process the events that had occurred so quickly in such a short time. Even when he tried figuring out just what had happened, he could only come to one conclusion.

"Johto girls really are something." He said to himself. "If I was back home, I would've gotten a steel toed boot to the face for that." He shuddered at a particularly unpleasant memory. "I say we're lucky, Brotodile. She seems interesting."

Of course, as the realization that he'd have to talk to her again settled in his mind, Brody suppressed a groan. "Oh well, it's not like it can get any more awkward than that."

He marched to the rest house after the girl, and opened the door without knocking. "Hi!" He said loudly. "This counts as 'later', doesn't it? Nice to meet you again!" With that, he put Brotodile in a rest chamber, and went off to talk with Rina some more, hopefully with less accidental groping this time.

lethum
April 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Resting Area
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

Looking back at him and stopping, I just stood there for a shot while, looking down and blushing.

Trying to keep a dignified composure seems to be a lost cause, with this man. To pretend that I can, after what just happened. I guess I...can be myself with him.

Having had a moment to collect myself, I smiled brightly at him.

"Hello again, Brody. It's very nice to meet you again."

Bloble
April 24th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->24/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 17/65 XP

"Y-yeah, hello again." Brody said, keeping any traces of nervousness out of his speech. He mentally cleared his head, and resolved to break the awkward atmosphere head on!

"So, where are you travelling from?" He asked. "I just came up from Littleroot myself."

Oh great. Now that was a boring subject. Brody could feel even Brotodile struggling to stay awake.

lethum
April 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Resting Area
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

"Oh I just finished basic training this morning in Blackthorn City, with the best instructor my money could find." I frowned, "We are going to Violet City next."

Not feeling angry at all, because that was the undeniable truth and nothing but the truth, I gave Brody a wide smile, saying "you don't mind do you? You should be thankful that someone like me wants you around, after all. We will stay here for the night and go out tomorrow, alright Mr. Brody?"

Lycodrake
May 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)
Sinnoh – Route 209
Spiritomb – Level 5
---> 50/50 HP, 54/60 PP, 0/60XP

Knowing that your opponent couldn’t hurt you with a Normal-type attack, you lunge once against with Pursuit, doing 12 damage once again, leaving Shane with 21/45 HP.

He is clearly rather aggravated by all this, since recognizing what Pokemon you are using, “…totally not cool. First battle and I’m up against a Spiritomb Burst Warrior…” That being said, he decides to, for some reason, use Tackle , doing 0 damage to you, as you are unaffected.

What will you do next, use Pursuit once again, Shadow Sneak, or Confuse Ray?

Dantalion
May 2nd, 2012, 03:32 AM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)

Sinnoh – Route 209
Spiritomb – Level 5
---> 50/50 HP, 54/60 PP, 0/60XP
---> Misc: Carving knife (1), Small block of wood (2), Coil of rope (1), Flask of water (1), Survival knife (1)
---> Backpack: Potion (2), Antidote (1)

Statuses:
Def -1

“……”
Reiji blinked once as he realised two things: that his opponent had no attacks that could hurt him; and that, unlike him, his opponent had absolutely no fighting experience. He could feel a sense of savage satisfaction already emanating from Spiritomb. Resolving to end this pointless fight quickly, he decided to hit the hapless guitarist with Pursuit until he fainted.

Lycodrake
May 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)
Sinnoh - Route 209
Spiritomb - Level 6
--->50/52 HP, 46/60 PP, 7/65 XP

You use Pursuit twice more, with Shane being unable to damage you at all! He faints and reverts back to normal, with a clearly distraught and exasperated expression upon his face.

You gained 67 XP. -Your Spiritomb leveled up!-
HP: 52^
Attack: 34^
Defense: 38^
Special Attack: 34^
Special Defense: 38^
Speed: 22^

You got 300 Poke-dollars and an Antidote!

But now you need to return to your journey towards the Lost Tower...

Dantalion
May 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Azui Reiji (Dantalion)

Sinnoh – Route 209
Spiritomb – Level 6
---> 50/52 HP, 46/60 PP, 7/65XP
---> Misc: Carving knife (1), Small block of wood (2), Coil of rope (1), Flask of water (1), Survival knife (1)
---> Backpack: 300 Poke-dollars
Potion (2), Antidote (2)

Reiji warily watched the man collapse, relaxing only when it was clear that he was in no shape to continue the fight. Silently, he turned away, his appearance reverting to normal, cloak settling once more around him to conceal his form. Spiritomb, sealed once more within the gem, also relaxed, though he could feel the Pokemon’s curiosity at its new-found strength.

He continued south towards the Lost Tower, staying close to the trees, slipping in and out of the forest. It was close to midnight, and the moon cast its pale light on the surroundings, bleaching them of colour. Depth and distance lost meaning, and the ground, usually so solid and unchanging, disappeared into shifting bands of light and shadow. At times like this, it was as if the whole of existence was a fragile, fleeting vision, soon to fade into the void. He loved it.

Lycodrake
June 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->52/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 7/65 XP

AND

Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 29
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP


With the time of day, you both thought you could just chat a while before getting heading to bed, enjoying the sunset and resting from the day’s battle and trek, however short or long in actuality. But you were soon interrupted by a short, and noticeably timid, shout, “Ah, you both-!”

Turning, you find your eyes locked onto a young woman garbed in grey and yellow baggy clothing, a dull yellow hoodie and her own sleeved hands covering most of her face. She squirmed a bit under your gaze, shuffling her feet a bit. “You both…you’re Burst Warriors, right? Um…could we battle? I can tell you are new at it, and I’m wanting to help where I can…we can go outside if you’d like? Um…I’m not too high-leveled compared to you…”

She let out a startled sound, “I-I don’t mean to sound so assuming…sorry. My name is Sarissa…”


Name: Sarissa

Pokemon: Scraggy
Type: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Quirky
Level: 9

HP: 58
Attack: 32
Defense: 28
Sp. Attack: 22
Sp. Defense: 24
Speed: 20

PP: 80/80
Moves: Rock Smash, Leer, Sand-Attack, Faint Attack

Will you both accept her offer to battle? Do you want to know more about her?

Bloble
June 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Brody Brostar
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->52/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 7/65 XP

"Heh! Like I'd ever refuse an offer to battle!" Brody grinned. He grabbed Brotodile's gem and grasped it firmly in his hand. "And Brotodile's up for it too! Let's do it-"

"Oh." He paused, right before transforming, the gem still clutched in his hand.

"Um... that's only if you're up for it, too, Rina." He chuckled weakly, having almost forgotten his companion. "I think it would be awesome to get to battle some more! And Sarissa seems really strong!" He shot the timid girl a thumbs up.

"You're strong, right?" He asked Sarissa while waiting for Rina to decide. "Where are you from? I'm from Pallet Town myself! It's really far, but it's an awesome place!" He was too excited to stop talking. Hopefully his second battle would go better than his first had.

lethum
June 29th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Resting Area
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

"Hmm..."

I frowned and grabbed my chin with my hand at the girl's introduction. So shy...

Nodding to Brody, I answered him.

"Yes. I do think I am up for it."

Turning back to Sarissa, I added with a smile, "I am Rina Bradford. It is a pleasure to meet you, Sarissa."

Lycodrake
June 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Brody Brostar (Bloble)
Johto - Route 29
Totodile - Level 6
--->52/52 HP, 55/90 PP, 7/65 XP

AND

Rina Bradford (lethum)
Johto - Route 29
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

Sarissa blinked owlishly, feeling like she was intterupting something important for the two, but replied to Brody's questions after a pause, "...I-I can't say I'm 'strong', but I d-do my best. And you're from Pallet Town, huh? Wow...oh! M-me? I'm from Driftveil City...you probably haven't heard of it, though, it's in Unova. I-I'm new to Kanto and Johto..." You could tell she was ashamed of this fact, or at least you thought she was, considering how meek and shell-shocked she appeared to be. "B-but! Nice to meet you both...a-and, I hope we all enjoy the b-battle." That being said, she motioned towards the southern doors, and quickly shuffled, tripping on her baggy yellow pants a few times, and stumbled out the doorway.

You follow her after moment, and she has her Burst Heart held closely to her chest by her sleeve-covered hands, "Y-you both ready? Please don't take m-me lightly, o-okay?" In a burst of light, her form shifted slightly, though not in an entirely noticeable way. All you could see was she now sported a tail of sorts at the back of her pants, and a bit of red hair peeked out from her hood. "B-both of you go first, though!" The fact she was shouting now made you jump slightly.

What do both of you do?

lethum
July 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=lethum;844817]Rina Bradford
(lethum)
Johto - Resting Area
Dratini - Level 6
--->43/43 HP, 70/70 PP, 7/65 XP

There weren't many options for me to choose from at the moment. Or ever. Four is quite a small choice pool. In the end, I chose to Burst, and immediately use Wrap. Hardly the most inventive opening, but one makes due with what one has.