PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild of Evangelion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Fatuous One
March 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
General Rebuild chatting/commenting/spoiling, ho! Although getting spoiled would mean you hadn't already seen 2.00, and that'd be a travesty in itself. Go watch it, and then buy it and watch it again! Or just buy it and watch it since it's close to release.

So, anyway. DVD/BD release in nine days now. I actually got it on the 18th from Rightstuf and watched it with glee yesterday. It even more enjoyable since my PS3 didn't have the desync problem my computer did. As always, Rei made me very ポカポカ, just as Shinji made her very ポカポカ. And now I'm thinking of Rei going ポカポカ on Shinji, which is absolutely adorable. Hnng...!

Also, from the deleted scenes, I can only think that Anno is actually a fan of a Kaji/Shinji pairing.

I'm okay with that.

ItsaRandomUsername
March 20th, 2011, 10:36 AM
All I can say is....

Rebuild 3.0/FINAL WHAR?! D : <

Cruor
March 20th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Oh, what are other Deleted Scenes? Any interesting ones?

Lord Phrozen
March 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Oh, what are other Deleted Scenes? Any interesting ones?
1st scene:
Misato and the kids are on the elevator-train-ride-thing talking and Kaji suddenly enters and gives Shinji a wink.
2nd scene:
Ritsuko talking to a fully naked Rei after a bath, the towel is on her hair and not her body!! in her apartment while Ritsuko injects some liquid into her.
3rd scene:
Shinji and Kaji's quality time together with their beloved juicy and big watermelons. Oh, those watermelons....
4th scene:
NERV crew taking the long escalator to HQ while that girl lesbian about Ritsuko talks to her because she is in lesbians with her.

All in all, nothing much...

Theocrass
March 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I hope the adult kiss scene takes place in their apartment this time~

I also hope it lasts longer, and potentially becomes something else~

(Unsubtle hint: I am a shameless Shinji+Misato shipper)

lilithsama
March 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
First, its been confirmed that 3.0 and Final will be two separate movies, they aren't going to air together like Death and Rebirth, or 25+26 (end of eva)

Second, was supposed to come out LAST summer but no news whatsoever, no updates or anything, i think by this time in 2009 there was at least SOMETHING about 2.0, but they can delay it all they want, more time TO FUCKING SAVE UP FOR FINAL BITCHES

Third, STILL
NEED
TO
GET
MY
FUCKING
HK
BD
GAHHHH
well hopefully will has job this summer so i can spend 70 bucks on a movie CUS IT HAS GOODIES, I NEED MAH GOODIES

Fourth, WHY THEY FUCK IS EVERYONE FUCKING DERE FOR SHINJI? KAJI, MISATO, KAWORU, ASUKA, REI, MARI, JESUS CHRIST!
GENDOU GENES DO NOT WORK ON WHINY PUSSBAG BITCHES

also, vewy surprised funi didnt screw up 2.22 packaging, although im still getting HK BD instead

Theocrass
March 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
^ I guess someone didn't watch the same 2.0 as me. Shinji's characterizations vary, but at his heart he's a sweet, vulnerable boy. And there's nothing wrong with liking that kind of person. Just because he's not screaming about drills or frothing at the mouth doesn't mean people can't like him. Seriously, I don't get why he gets so much shit from fans.

lilithsama
March 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
they did actual make him better in 2.0

but F*CKING GOD
original series Shinji, ESPECIALLY IN FUCKING END OF EVA IS A PUSSBAG SACK OF SHIT
HE DOESNT DO ANYTHING BUT WHINE ALL DAY ABOUT HIS F*CKING PROBLEMS, JESUS CHRIST GET OVER IT! THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH WORSE ISSUES, OR THE SAME ONES DEALING WITH THEIR SHIT, AND ACTUAL F*CKING WOMEN
BUT NO YOU HAVE TO F*CKING SIT BACK AND LET MOMMY DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND KEEP GODDAMN WHINING
WE GET IT, YOURE EMO, NOW FUCKING MAN UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR GODDAMN LIFE
this is why Gendou abandoned his f*cking ass, cus honestly, I would too

Fatuous One
March 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Misato and the kids are on the elevator-train-ride-thing talking and Kaji suddenly enters and gives Shinji a wink.

More than a wink! He goes, "I love you" along with the wink, giving everyone very confuzzled expressions. And then Shinji's dialogue when he takes them to his watermelon patch is so very suggestive. "Nobody's ever taken me someone like this before. I'm so happy!"

Oh, Kaji, you know how to seduce on your dates so well.

but F*CKING GOD
original series Shinji,

You mad?

Actually, why are you even ranting (twice) about him when you said yourself that 2.0 is much better? Calm down already, Jesus.

mangafreak7793
March 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM
did they give a release date yet?

Fatuous One
March 20th, 2011, 09:02 PM
For the other two movies?

No, no ETA on either of them.

mangafreak7793
March 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
damn, I really like how the ending to the second movie ended but I wonder how'll they'll follow it up

TypeWannabe
March 20th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Oh, have they got an english release up? I saw the original 2.0 in Japanese, but to be honest, I've wanted to see it with the dub. I just like english voices better.

Fatuous One
March 20th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hmm, I don't think there are any rips of the English dub floating around yet. You'll need to buy it if you want 'em. I prefer Japanese myself, but Eva has a good English cast.

Theocrass
March 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Really? I can't remember being too fond of the English cast back in the day.

lilithsama
March 20th, 2011, 10:23 PM
im a sub whore, so cant really say i liked/looked forward to the dub
although first time i watched it (the series) was dubbed
and did see 1.0 dubbed in theatres (with like 3 other people in the audience)

it think its like with most dubs, you have a few good actors but the rest are just ....yeah
no offense to Tiffany Grant, she does a good job, she just does not fit Asuka at all, or rather she sounds too old

new Ritsuko and Gendou were pretty.... too
although not like old Ritsuko and Gendou were great, maybe Im just more inclined to like them better since im used to them

eh wtv, i love the jp cast so~~

eddyak
March 20th, 2011, 10:23 PM
this is why Gendou abandoned his f*cking ass, cus honestly, I would too
Am about 80% sure that Gendo didn't actually abandon him, but sent him away cos he knew people had hated him back when he was in college. Yui was the only person who could stand him, and he reckoned he couldn't take it if his kid hated him too.

I'm pretty sure they said that in either the anime, or Rebirth, or EoE, or something.

Theocrass
March 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
^ I heard it was because he didn't want Shinji to grow up to be like him.

lilithsama
March 20th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I was just ranting cus shinji pisses me off

but yeah it more so a protection thing/because he reminded Gendou of Yui, not that Rei doesnt but Rei is his actual link to getting Yui back, and Shinji is just a constant reminder of his loss

lilithsama
April 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM
double post but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YqtqxSekqyE
you know its actually pretty good

like only thing bugging me is the inside flap (and accompanying text) and the back
but those are easy to ignore/cover up

blegh now im torn
hk bd with goodies
or good quality subs+MAJOR price cut (and possibly window cling)
hrmm....

terraablaze
April 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM
What's this? Lilith with a Shinji avatar and banner. Thank God, that Nagato one almost gave me a seizure. So does this mean you have forgiven Shinji or does his name still give you fits of tourette's.

Fatuous One
April 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
>>"As in right now"

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2024/1291099179363.gif
mfw I got my BD last week.

That flap on the cover is kind of pointless though. If it's to draw attention for people picking up Eva in retail stores, it fails quite nicely. It's not held back by anything but a removable rubber cement glob instead of some sort of velcro too, so it's kind of clunky in design.

lilithsama
April 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM
started reading a few reviews, seen pictures
and yeah, slip case seems kinda inconvenient
plus damaged alot of the time

i think ill just go with my hk bd

which ive been meaning to get for like, OVER A YEAR

MasterSeth
April 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqvBIngma0M&feature=channel_video_title

Now I'm sure there are going to be cries of 'Ruined forever!' but personally I like this scene and the dub a lot :p

lilithsama
April 1st, 2011, 04:30 PM
.......at least the translation's good
(see coalgirls subs)

same problem with asuka, decent actress i guess
just WHY THE FUCK DOES SHE SOUND SO OLD
and jesus christ, new rei is worse than old rei
maybe im just used to soft shitty dub said of 20 year old sounding shitty dub

also
NOTHING
BEATS
SAKAMOTO

NOTHING!!!
(cept fukui, but fukui is too moe for mari, not that mari isnt moe, she's just more subdued moe)

mangafreak7793
April 1st, 2011, 04:31 PM
the dub was 'meh' but the animation and the series itself is well worth it.

Fatuous One
April 1st, 2011, 04:32 PM
What. Fukui can totally do upbeat. Have you forgotten Nono!?

MasterSeth
April 1st, 2011, 04:32 PM
I must say, you were a lot nicer about this then last time we discussed it lol

Fatuous One
April 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Lilith's been raging a lot lately for some reason.

MasterSeth
April 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAsDvLcvsbc&feature=channel_video_title

Again, opinions may differ, but I enjoyed this scene too

xm0123
April 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
NOTHING
BEATS
SAKAMOTO

NOTHING!!!

Really? I thought Mari sounded just as good as her Japanese counterpart in English, and mind you, this is coming from a guy who prefers every version of Eva, including Rebuild, in Japanese over English by a long shot.

But yeah, I saw Rebuild 2.22 yesterday. Got it on blu-ray. This is my first thought: When's the next one coming out!? This is my second thought: SHINJI IS A MAN! I loved the last 30 or so minutes; pure, distilled epicness.

Funimation's packaging is not a favorite of mine. However, there's something about the packaging I have not seen anyone anywhere comment on yet, so, it looks like I'll be the first: you can feel Asuka's boobs on the back. Pointless fanservice, or welcome upgrade from the first blu-ray? I'll leave that for you to decide.

lilithsama
April 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM
What. Fukui can totally do upbeat. Have you forgotten Nono!?

Mari is subdued, not Fukui

NONO IS THE WHOLE FUCKING REASON I LOVE HER

I DARE YOU TO FIND ANYBODY
ANYBODY
AT
ALL
MORE MOE THAN HER!!

Lilith's been raging a lot lately for some reason.
dun really know the reason, maybe i was worked up more?
blegh lili is in like 24/7 CRAZY good mood now, so might not for a whiles

you can feel Asuka's boobs on the back. Pointless fanservice, or welcome upgrade from the first blu-ray? I'll leave that for you to decide.
i saw that it popped out
didn't know that tidbit
although pop out orangepeel texture paper tits, not really something i care about
this coming from someone who FREQUENTLY caresses her Asuka gachapon (still need to get a real figure of her, am leaning toward alter's test plugsuit, but hair is a little too brown, only thing that bugs me about alter, subdued colours)

Fatuous One
April 1st, 2011, 05:03 PM
Mari is subdued, not Fukui

Mari is not subdued. She's like, the most active pilot in the series in how eager to fight Angels, and invade your personal space. How can you call someone who decided to skydive into Tokyo 3 subdued!? :3

lilithsama
April 1st, 2011, 05:06 PM
like, her moe is subdued
shes not all hyper bouncy happies like Nono
shes more like calm, somewhat hrmm... tsun? i dunno
like she has more mature happy/active
where as nono just has that OOOOOOOZING moe

like mari would be the oneesama, not call anyone oneesama

and not just saying that cus Sakamoto does her voice

Fatuous One
April 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Well, I can agree that they're different types of energetic. To make use of TVtrope's titles, Nono's more of a genki girl, while Mari is more a hotblooded/blood knight type.

But I still disagree that Mari is subdued at all, moe or otherwise.

lilithsama
April 2nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
hrmm she's not
as youthful? i guess

like not like old lady, but like she is a little mature, specially for her age
where as nono is more so immature

like fukui goes well with those immature roles

hrmm yeah, i think the terms you used work

lilithsama
April 18th, 2011, 01:13 PM
double post and a bit old but..

TELL ME THIS IS NOT THE MOST F*CKING AWESOME THING EEVVERRR???? (http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1195.html)

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4010/dsc7802m.jpg
LINK (http://gigazine.net/news/20110405_mari_evangelion_world_2nd/)

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/753/dsc7874m.jpg
LINK (http://gigazine.net/news/20110405_eva02_evangelion_world_2nd/)

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/646/dsc7919m.jpg
MORE LINK (http://gigazine.net/news/20110405_eva_evangelion_world_2/)

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5075/dsc8209m.jpg
ROOM LINK (http://gigazine.net/news/20110406_eva_room_evangelion_world_2nd/)
theres way more than the bathroom, just new photos of that
PLUS OWN EVA TOILETRIES
AND THE FRIDGE IS STOCKED WITH UCC AND EVA DRINKS

WHEN THEY MAKE THE (inevitable) ASUKA ROOM, I AM FUCKING LIVING THERE
NO JOKE

and then store with NOTHING BUT eva goods~~
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8840/zzn2.jpg

okay this is seriously my fucking life's goal now
...although i better bring SHITLOAD of monies

Theocrass
April 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
OMG! I want to live there too! ;_;

Mcjon01
April 18th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I just want them to release information on the last two Rebuild movies. Before I'm dead, preferably.

lilithsama
April 18th, 2011, 02:57 PM
i think with the earthquake and everything theres going to be more delays

and i know ive said this several times, but honestly
i want them to take their time/longer
cus it gives me more time to save up for FINAAAALLLLL

eddyak
April 18th, 2011, 03:09 PM
*Is listening to the soundtrack right now*

"Give Ayanami... back to me!"

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq292/Eddyak/2011-03-27_180102.gif

Officially the most epic moment any Shinji has had. Ever.

Erlkonig
April 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM
GAR

lilithsama
April 18th, 2011, 03:40 PM

well to be fair, its not like he had many epic moments to begin with
.... well ones where you know, HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING

Mcjon01
April 18th, 2011, 03:48 PM
i think with the earthquake and everything theres going to be more delays

and i know ive said this several times, but honestly
i want them to take their time/longer
cus it gives me more time to save up for FINAAAALLLLL

Oh, I don't actually care how long it takes them to finally release something, I just wish they would put some news out there. I mean, it's been almost two years, a "we're shooting for next winter" or "don't worry, Hideaki Anno didn't die in a tragic gasoline fight accident last year" would be nice.

lilithsama
April 18th, 2011, 04:25 PM
im surprised they havent updated any info on it, last i heard was them saying it would come out summer LAST year

if was coming out this summer, id think they would have already had promos or at least some teasers out by now
cus they PIMP THE HELL out of that shit

although apparently they'll be some kind of announcement in june newtype (http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1198.html)
so yeah, prolly something about Q
issue comes out May 10th
so just wait till then i guess

eddyak
April 18th, 2011, 05:46 PM
well to be fair, its not like he had many epic moments to begin with
.... well ones where you know, HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING
The most epic moment any Shinji has had. Ever.

terraablaze
April 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq292/Eddyak/2011-03-27_180102.gif

Honestly I fell over laughing when that happened. "Why is Eva 01 shooting cross lasers from her eyes? Just what is going on?" It was just so unexpected, making Shinji and the other characters more stable and assertive is one thing, introducing new characters is another, and then there is this.

*Applauds*

Theocrass
April 18th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Oh, so I suppose you have a comprehensive list of all the abilities an angel can have?

An EVA is an Angel cyborg. Angels can do damn near anything. So EVAs can do damn near anything.

terraablaze
April 18th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Oh, so I suppose you have a comprehensive list of all the abilities an angel can have?

An EVA is an Angel cyborg. Angels can do damn near anything. So EVAs can do damn near anything.

I still would never have expected it, I kept waiting for Unit 01 to grow wings or something during the TV series but it never happened so I had sort of resigned myself to the EVAs being more uh, down to earth? then the Angels.
Seriously that was more impressive and out there and over the top then Asuka's MURDEROUS RAMPAGE during the end where she was force pushing all those military vehicles with her AT field.

Edit: He grew back an arm completely out of an AT field. Seriously what? Also keep in mind the Angels are a lot more powerful in the Rebuild series. That thing survived a cruise missle more powerful (I assume) than the N2 mine (which are apparently obsolete at this point) Rei hit it with during the original TV airing. And then he just steam rolls it.

Theocrass
April 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Ah, it sounded like you were complaining about it.

eddyak
April 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Edit: He grew back an arm completely out of an AT field. Seriously what? Also keep in mind the Angels are a lot more powerful in the Rebuild series. That thing survived a cruise missle more powerful (I assume) than the N2 mine (which are apparently obsolete at this point) Rei hit it with during the original TV airing. And then he just steam rolls it.
He didn't regrow the arm, he made one out of his AT field, lol.

And the geometric nightmare angel and the falling-out-of-the-sky angels were the most disturbingawesome. Fuck the strongest rejection type, it might be powerful, but it looks damn stupid. Diamondface was awesome, melting mountains and blasting cruise missiles out of the sky, and dropping-satellite-kun was seriously disturbing when it finally unfurled and there were those shifting eye-things on it.

Theocrass
April 18th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah, that was just an AT field shaped like an arm. I squeed when he threw his own AT style Falcon Pauunch!

ItsaRandomUsername
April 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM
2.22 = The film that Shinji finally gets classified as GAR outside of a SRW title.

BADASS

terraablaze
April 18th, 2011, 10:12 PM
He didn't regrow the arm, he made one out of his AT field, lol.

And the geometric nightmare angel and the falling-out-of-the-sky angels were the most disturbingawesome. Fuck the strongest rejection type, it might be powerful, but it looks damn stupid. Diamondface was awesome, melting mountains and blasting cruise missiles out of the sky, and dropping-satellite-kun was seriously disturbing when it finally unfurled and there were those shifting eye-things on it.

Did you see the letters R or E at the front of grow? I did not think so. That is what I meant. Made grow whatever.

Edit: the "out of an AT field" was a qualifier that was supposed to let you know the difference between it and the usual EVA arm regrow trick.

eddyak
April 18th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I had to try pretty hard to stop myself making gifs of practically every awesome scene in the movies.

terraablaze
April 18th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I like how much more elaborate the Angels are in this series, it feels like they have thought out there assault this time around and have contingency plans.

False cores
Moving cores with arms to defend itself at close range
Eating a defeated EVA to...I actually don't quite remember why it does that, presumably it is important though.

Counterguardian
April 18th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I felt shivers run up my spine the moment I realized the cilia-like things on the falling angel looked like a blissfully swaying crowd of faceless people.

The detail in Rebuild is just awesome.

Satehi
April 18th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Was I the only one who felt the first two angels in rebuild 2.22 were plot devices to introduce Mari and Asuka? The second one didn't even last a minute =/

Loved what they did with the geometry, orbital and the mummy angels though. So much cooler. Though I heard that they added traits from the helix thing and the bird angel into the mummy, which means we won't see them anymore =(

Theocrass
April 18th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Ah, Mari ... You confuse me greatly.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 19th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I like her. 'nuff said.

Counterguardian
April 19th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Mari was the reason I got back into Rebuild.

She came up when I stuck in Counterguardian onto your waifu generator on old Beast's Lair. True story.

ItsaRandomUsername
April 19th, 2011, 02:51 AM
She's awesome.

Everyone is awesome in 2.22. Even PenPen. ESPECIALLY PENPEN.

lilithsama
April 19th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Loved what they did with the geometry, orbital and the mummy angels though. So much cooler. Though I heard that they added traits from the helix thing and the bird angel into the mummy, which means we won't see them anymore =(

Most likely no
Gendou said (after Ramiel) there were 7 angels left
in 2.22 they offed 4 new ones (i.e. new to appear, so Clockiel though Zereul)
so 3 left

now if he counted 3rd angel/Boniel as part of that 2 left
1 of those is guaranteed to be Tabris

and (i doubt it though) he could also be referring to Lilith as one of em

so maybe no other angels besides Tabris

or only 1/2

i kinda think its only 1, might have something to do with Unit 8

EmagEvil
April 19th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Hope that we will get some infos about the third opus, like Lilith chan hoped...

eddyak
April 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I like how much more elaborate the Angels are in this series, it feels like they have thought out there assault this time around and have contingency plans.

False cores
Moving cores with arms to defend itself at close range
Eating a defeated EVA to...I actually don't quite remember why it does that, presumably it is important though.
Ate the defeated EVA so that its signal would change to an EVA's, so that the underground bit where they store facelessjesusthingy wouldn't self destruct when it got down there.

Theocrass
April 19th, 2011, 09:39 AM
There's not enough Misato in the movies. D:

ItsaRandomUsername
April 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Shut up and take naked!Rei like a man, Theo!!! >:~

Movies could use a wee more Misato though. Hopefully Q Quickening and FINAL deal with this.

Theocrass
April 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Shinji better get with Misato, or I'll be pissed. (Let me have my delusions!)

lilithsama
April 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
naw, theyre pimping the hell out of the Kaji relationship, + no Asuka backlash this time

but then again everyone is f*cking dere for Shinji in 2.0....

eh

f*ck Shinji

Theocrass
April 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM
This is not the same Shinji you hate so much, lilith. And really, he's basically a child soldier. Cut him some slack.

lilithsama
April 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM
they are all CHILD soldiers
HES THE ONLY ONE WITH AN ACTUAL DICK
I think that would be an excuse to man up, instead of watching everyone else do it

although, yes he is different this time, just eh
like hes not close to getting over himself totally
right now hes just using ayanami as a crutch/distraction
pretty sure when the whole "oh yeah shes your mom" thing comes to light, hes not gonna be so stable

Theocrass
April 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
She's not his mom, they used some of his mom's DNA to make her, but we don't even know if it's enough to count them as related. Besides, she's only half-human.

And jeez, rage much? Yes, they're all child soldiers with lots of psychological problems. What do you even mean by manning up? Does he have to scream about drills every five goddamn minutes?

He's already fought several times, I'd say he's manned up from the beginning. I mean seriously, how well would you have done at 15?

Being a man doesn't mean you don't have problems.

KENTA
April 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Pretty sure she's still holding a grudge from End of Eva.

lilithsama
April 19th, 2011, 04:39 PM
yeah somewhat

She's not his mom, they used some of his mom's DNA to make her, but we don't even know if it's enough to count them as related. Besides, she's only half-human. she's still a clone of his mom, yeah she has a different soul, but the point still stands, and I doubt that would be something Shinji would take lightly

And jeez, rage much? Yes, they're all child soldiers with lots of psychological problems. What do you even mean by manning up? Does he have to scream about drills every five goddamn minutes?

He's already fought several times, I'd say he's manned up from the beginning. I mean seriously, how well would you have done at 15?
yes he fought, but he whined and went all emo about it NEARLY EVERY TIME, thats pretty much what all of 1.0 is about
my main issue is that there are 2 GIRLS his own age who aren't bitching every 2 seconds
granted they have their own issues and aren't exactly normal, they still handle their jobs much better
Mari and Kaworu too, granted they are a year older than him, and Kaworu it would be odd not to handle it coolly, and Mari we don't know much about yet, both are pretty much f*cking protecting his dumbass

i think the best comparison would be Toji (series wise) yeah he didn't want the job, (and got totally screwed over), but he didn't run away or whine about it
he was disgruntled, and not happy with it, but 1 he actually did it 2 he didn't whine or bitch or "run away" 10x first

shinji made his decision
he needs to fucking stick with it

eddyak
April 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Dat scream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8HqgM1qcdo).

Satehi
April 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Fuck yeah.

Watching Ramiel blast shit never gets old.

Also, btw, Asuka and Rei both were trained and signed up for the job, Shinji literally just got a postcard from Gendo that didn't tell him anything, and Gendo expected him to risk his life to save humanity.

eddyak
April 19th, 2011, 09:32 PM
You'd expect there to be at least a few counsellors, or psychologists or something in the Eva universe. Shinji was neglected, Rei's practically a robot and Asuka's the most fucked up of the lot. Probably. Mari seems like her issues might laugh in Asuka's issues' faces. Because Anno is apparently incapable of making a kid who doesn't have severe psychological illness.

Mcjon01
April 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM
They probably have psychologists, but they're only on the payroll to make sure the kids stay as screwed up as possible without totally breaking their will to climb into giant robots and fight monsters. Gotta keep those AT fields in tip-top shape, after all.

eddyak
April 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
"So how's she doing?"
"Improving. Not good news. I recommend a short dose of defeat and humiliation- preferably not too difficult to overcome, though, we don't want her broken yet- shortly followed by a quick session of mindrape by a satellite-mounted bioweapon."
"She's trying to learn to make food... I could sabotage her lunchbox...?"
"Ooh, always a classic. Be sure to grimace visibly as you taste it, just to drive the humiliation in a little further."

Theocrass
April 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
^ I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed.

mangafreak7793
April 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
^^ Just laugh I know I am

mewarmo990
April 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
My little brother got back from Hong Kong today. He brought back this Hidenori Matsubara artbook:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224875_2014568125315_1277180053_2415208_6401115_n. jpg

Theocrass
April 25th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Wh-Why is Belldandy in the same picture as Asuka, Shinji, and Rei.

mewarmo990
April 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
He was in charge of animation or character design on those various projects. For Evangelion, that would be the new movies. Sakura Taisen is a pretty big one, too.

Theocrass
April 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Thank you for the information.

Mazyrian
April 25th, 2011, 07:53 PM
The one with the staff is very similar to Tokiomi

lilithsama
May 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwlg-_Fv1QU&feature=feedu

so yeah DEFINITELY looks like 3.0 info

also DAT EYEPATCH~!!!

Sadamoto, you are a God!

SeiKeo
May 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Wow, Anno's actually working on 3.0 instead of sitting back and laughing at all of us?

Cascade
May 2nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
That poster has artwork from Ibara no Ou?
Wow, I thought it wasn't very well known or popular.

food
May 9th, 2011, 02:42 AM
I still would never have expected it, I kept waiting for Unit 01 to grow wings or something during the TV series but it never happened so I had sort of resigned myself to the EVAs being more uh, down to earth? then the Angels.
Seriously that was more impressive and out there and over the top then Asuka's MURDEROUS RAMPAGE during the end where she was force pushing all those military vehicles with her AT field.

Slowpoke is slow. I just found this thread.

I feel they kind of ruined the Zeruel fight, too. I much preferred the original "AT Field Facilitated Arm-Graft" and the "Handwave AT Field Angel Shredding". The new eye-laser thing is kind of weird, but I will be honest, the "Ayanami wo Kaese!!" did make my pulse quicken. The Berserk Unit 2 is pretty interesting, but I think it will just be a one-time gimmick and not going to show up ever again.

Any info on when the 3.0 will be out? The first two were like one per year, and then this 3.0 just seemed to fall off the horizon.

EDIT:

And Asuka's eye patch, you know what's underneath it...

-Adam(s) Embryo
-Angel Embryo
-EVA Innards
-Whatever nasty stuff Anno loves to troll fans with

terraablaze
May 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I remember there being something about Gainax no longer being involved with the movies. Does that have anything to do with it? Honestly funding doesn't seem like it should be the issue because seriously how could stockholders not be all over more movies. It doesn't make sense that they would pump all this money into merchandising and then not put enough into the fuel that keep the train running. It is like they forget that we will be willing to buy more figures if we have more EVAs and other things to make figures from (Asuka with eye patch, completely separate figure you will have to buy with the eye patch off).

Also your guesses seem safe, I was guessing her eye turned red ala Rei and Kaworu.

Bargadiel
May 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I liked how the Zeruel was a female kind of thing now, and honestly I even liked how Eva01 had a halo, and just slowly walked forward. Since this was a different production, it was cool to see them do something different, although I won't be the last to admit I fucking loved the creepy four legged crawl from the original. If I had any quarrels with how they did 2.0, it would be when 01 blew back Zeruel using its AT Field, I just didn't like that effect. I also wasn't a fan of how 01 pulled Zeruel towards it, with how they handled the animation it was even unclear as to how it happened. Grabbing the paper arm and yanking it towards was way more badass.

terraablaze
May 9th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Someone made the point earlier that the way EVA 01 "went berserk" was probably meant to be an antithesis to the berserk of the tv series. In the tv series it becomes an animal, in 2.0 it becomes a god. Instead of going from a slouch to all fours it transitions to standing up perfectly straight for perhaps the first time and then levitates, sort of supporting itself from the shoulders. Instead of going absolutely nuts and tearing into the Angel over and over again as quickly as it can, it makes very deliberate motions that make it look like it is in control of itself and the situation.

eddyak
May 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
In 1.0, it becomes an animal, though. In 2.0, it becomes a god, in 3.0, it'll be a Gundam (lol Kaworu's floating Eva in space), and in 4.0, the Gurren Lagann.

Bargadiel
May 9th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Lol, I have noticed that. I also noticed that the Dummy System/Berserk Mode is seen as something the pilots can control now, and is shown in a more positive light.

food
May 10th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Someone made the point earlier that the way EVA 01 "went berserk" was probably meant to be an antithesis to the berserk of the tv series. In the tv series it becomes an animal, in 2.0 it becomes a god. Instead of going from a slouch to all fours it transitions to standing up perfectly straight for perhaps the first time and then levitates, sort of supporting itself from the shoulders. Instead of going absolutely nuts and tearing into the Angel over and over again as quickly as it can, it makes very deliberate motions that make it look like it is in control of itself and the situation.

I disagree.

The original "berserking" of Unit 1 is basically a demonstration of pure, primal maternal instinct. It's like you trapped a bear cub, and the mother bear comes mauling at you. The mother bear won't stop until you are dead, no matter how many times you fire your rifle at her. I savoured every second of the original episode precisely because of this.

Rebuild 2.0 totally changed this. Now it is "Shinji being totally badass", with the subtleties of the original episode completely removed. Don't get me wrong, I love the updated effects and the butter smooth animation, but the emotional impact is totally gone.

Now it is just "Cool, Shinji is badass", instead of "Holy shit, is that Yui going bat-shit insane there? Holy shit, did she just tear the Angel up and eat it?"

terraablaze
May 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM
You mean Yui and Shinji went batshit insane. They were at 400% synchronization or whatever it is called. It is both of them or nothing.

Theocrass
May 10th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Damn right. Shinji's a sick Berserker.

food
May 11th, 2011, 02:06 AM
You mean Yui and Shinji went batshit insane. They were at 400% synchronization or whatever it is called. It is both of them or nothing.

Shinji didn't go bat-shit insane. He was in utter despair because everyone was about to die and there was nothing he could do. Yui just reacted to that.

The 400% synchronisation was not "God-tier berserker rage". It was just that the pilot had been physically assimilated by EVA. It was probably an act on Yui's part to protect him, because Zeruel was about to crush the EVA's core (and the pilot plug is in the core).

The original episode was all Yui. The Rebuild version was all Shinji.

terraablaze
May 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Shinji didn't go bat-shit insane. He was in utter despair because everyone was about to die and there was nothing he could do. Yui just reacted to that.

The 400% synchronisation was not "God-tier berserker rage". It was just that the pilot had been physically assimilated by EVA. It was probably an act on Yui's part to protect him, because Zeruel was about to crush the EVA's core (and the pilot plug is in the core).

The original episode was all Yui. The Rebuild version was all Shinji.

I am almost positive that melding your personalities together does not work that way. Besides Shinji hates everything and would be quite happy to destroy it all, just because he was in despair at one moment doesn't preclude him from throwing a hissy fit.

TypeWannabe
May 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Huh, suddenly, Utada Hikaru. I was half expecting Disney characters to come popping out in that scene.

Theocrass
May 11th, 2011, 06:10 PM
They're using that song?

TypeWannabe
May 11th, 2011, 08:39 PM
No, it's Beautiful World. But it's Hikaru, so I was nearly anticipating that.

lilithsama
May 13th, 2011, 12:03 AM
1st post in a looooooooooong time
but yeahs

apparently no 3.0 news in newtype, was just interviews and Anno asking people to be patient
sadamoto art is/was awesome though~
soooo more delays, which works for me, plus longer the delay, the longer the anticipation, the more AWESOME they have in store~

Theocrass
May 13th, 2011, 12:06 AM
How many times do you think he'll go over budget?

mangafreak7793
May 13th, 2011, 12:15 AM
he must have done so several times.

Mcjon01
May 13th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Well, as long as there's still no announced release date then I hope it comes out next summer.

Chaos Greyblood
May 13th, 2011, 12:29 AM
1st post in a looooooooooong time
but yeahs

apparently no 3.0 news in newtype, was just interviews and Anno asking people to be patient
sadamoto art is/was awesome though~
soooo more delays, which works for me, plus longer the delay, the longer the anticipation, the more AWESOME they have in store~

I hope the people waiting for Mahoyo will agree to that.

lilithsama
May 13th, 2011, 12:48 AM
i dunno, i just don't really feel any anticipation for 3.0
yeah i'm excited and want to see it, i'm just not dying to see it

well, then again i was the same way with 2.0, especially since 1.0 didn't really deviate so i assumed 2.0 would be similar in that vein
ugh but as soon as those trailers hit
...well more so/especially the ones w/out Beautiful World (i.e. Final Decision) ughhhhhhhh
so i have a feeling 3.0 will probably be similar
but as for right now, i can wait for a little while

HitokiriNanaya
July 13th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Just bought 2.22, Why wasn't Shinji this badass in the original series....

"I don't care what happens to me! I don't care what happens to the world! But I'm bringing Rei back!"

Shinji grows a pair!

SeiKeo
July 13th, 2011, 11:43 PM
And fucks the entire world in the process! I love how Anno gives us what we want. :D

Theocrass
July 13th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Just bought 2.22, Why wasn't Shinji this badass in the original series....

"I don't care what happens to me! I don't care what happens to the world! But I'm bringing Rei back!"

Shinji grows a pair!
Oh great. One of those people.

HitokiriNanaya
July 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM

>:O

What's that mean?

Theocrass
July 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM
The people who don't understand why Shinji is awesome in the original series. :p

Not that I don't like Rebuild Shinji.

Froggie
July 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM

*raises hand* I am one of those people.

...What are we talking about?

Theocrass
July 13th, 2011, 11:46 PM
*raises hand* I am one of those people.

...What are we talking about?

Just some of the more common misconceptions among the NGE fandom. *Pats Froggie on the head.*

Nothing to worry about.

HitokiriNanaya
July 13th, 2011, 11:47 PM
The people who don't understand why Shinji is awesome in the original series. :p

Not that I don't like Rebuild Shinji.

Shinji was OK in the original, a little too whiny, And even in Death and Rebirth he was still whiny.

Asuka was the badass in the Death and Rebirth

SeiKeo
July 13th, 2011, 11:47 PM
@ Froggie: We're talking about how Theo thinks that Shinji was awesome in the original series and how he ships surrogate mother x son.

​lololololol

Theocrass
July 13th, 2011, 11:48 PM
God you guys are so superficial.

Also, SHINJI X MISATO FTW!

Fuck you Kaji!

HitokiriNanaya
July 13th, 2011, 11:49 PM
God you guys are so superficial.

Also, SHINJI X MISATO FTW!

Fuck you Kaji!

Sorry Shinji x Asuka here...

What? Someone needs to whip his ass into shape

Theocrass

So an insane momma's girl is the right person to do that? :p

SeiKeo
Fuck you Kaji!

Amen.

Meh. Shinji x Mari.

Froggie
July 13th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Just some of the more common misconceptions among the NGE fandom. *Pats Froggie on the head.*

Nothing to worry about.

Ah, I thought we were talking about Rei-shippers. I am one of those people. But I guess I'm not one of those people that you were referring to.

That being said, the first time I watched NGE, I liked Shinji alright. Then, over the years, I disliked him. Now? Shinji's ok.

Theocrass
July 13th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Ah, I thought we were talking about Rei-shippers. I am one of those people. But I guess I'm not one of those people that you were referring to.

That being said, the first time I watched NGE, I liked Shinji alright. Then, over the years, I disliked him. Now? Shinji's ok.

I would explain in painstaking detail why I think he's awesome, but I don't feel like doing it right now.

HitokiriNanaya
July 13th, 2011, 11:54 PM
So an insane momma's girl is the right person to do that? :p

She's not insane, she just has emotional problems; just like Shinji.

Froggie
July 13th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Figuratively speaking, it'd go in one ear and out the other.

Your reasons, that is.

Mcjon01
July 13th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Ship whomever you like, but anybody who doesn't realize that Shinji x Gendo is the canon pairing just doesn't "get" Evangelion. Not saying I like it, but that's just how it is.

HitokiriNanaya
July 13th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Ship whomever you like, but anybody who doesn't realize that Shinji x Gendo is the canon pairing just doesn't "get" Evangelion. Not saying I like it, but that's just how it is.

the bad thing is, this is true.....But Gendo x Yui was canon before Shinji x Gendo

SeiKeo
July 13th, 2011, 11:56 PM

All you prove by saying this is just how little you get it.

Froggie
July 13th, 2011, 11:57 PM

... I find your ideas fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Alulim
July 14th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Hmm...I am Shinji x Rei.

The weirder the relationship is, the better.

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Figuratively speaking, it'd go in one ear and out the other.

Your reasons, that is.

;_;

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Also, MISATO X SHINJI X REI FTW!

SeiKeo
July 14th, 2011, 12:03 AM

More like SHINJI X ASUKA X MARI FTW!

HitokiriNanaya
July 14th, 2011, 12:03 AM

Eva unit 00 x 01 x 02

This^

Froggie
July 14th, 2011, 12:04 AM
;_;

Sorry, that came out wrong. I would listen, but you wouldn't change my mind.

Shinji x Rei is cuter, but Shinji x Misato is hotter.

In this particular instance, I'm going for cute.

Eva unit 00 x 01 x 02

I've found my new OTT.

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM

*Shakes head in disappointment.*

@ Froggie: But you see, ever since I discovered Rei x Misato Yuri, I realized I could have all 3. She used Rei as a placeholder for Shinji after he died. There was Yuri sex. It was good.

SeiKeo
July 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM
*Shakes head in disappointment.*

@ Froggie: But you see, ever since I discovered Rei x Misato Yuri, I realized I could have all 3. She used Rei as a placeholder for Shinji after he died. There was Yuri sex. It was good.

You keep links, I trust?

HitokiriNanaya
July 14th, 2011, 12:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqaMVPZwFvc

My favorite remix so far

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 12:10 AM
You keep links, I trust?

*Shakes fist.*

Damn you for making me hunt through massive folders. I may have something for you tomorrow.

SeiKeo
July 14th, 2011, 12:11 AM
*is excited*

HitokiriNanaya
July 14th, 2011, 12:16 AM
So how about Shinji whipping the ass of the angel, that two Eva's couldn't take down, with ease.

Berserk mode never looked so cool.

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Remember, in true Berserk mode Shinji isn't coherent.

Bloble
July 14th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I ship Shinji x Rei most of the time, but occasionally dip into Shinji x Asuka

Also: Shinji turns into a god while Anno plays unfitting music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074XXmXPTik&amp;feature=related
I get chills just listening to it.

HitokiriNanaya
July 14th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Remember, in true Berserk mode Shinji isn't coherent.

Yea it wasn't a true berserk mode, but damn that fight was awesome

Also: Shinji turns into a god while Anno plays unfitting music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074XXmXPTik&amp;feature=related
I get chills just listening to it.

I lol'd

Froggie
July 14th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Tsubasa wo Kudasai was cute, but Komm Susser Todd is the true "end of the world song", imo.

SeiKeo
July 14th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Tsubasa wo Kudasai was cute, but Komm Susser Todd is the true "end of the world song", imo.

Seconded.

Bloble
July 14th, 2011, 12:23 AM

I'd put Komm Susser Todd as more of the 'lets all commit suicide at once and turn into coolaid' song, while Tsubasa is more of a 'dissonant serenity' one.

Techlet
July 14th, 2011, 01:09 AM
So how about Shinji whipping the ass of the angel, that two Eva's couldn't take down, with ease.

God mode never looked so cool.

Fix'd that for you.

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Fix'd that for you.

Hater gonna hate.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 14th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Don't make me choose between Shinji x Rei and Shinji x Mari! :O

Elyrin
July 14th, 2011, 01:17 AM
You know, one of these days I need to actually Watch Evangelion, End, and Rebuild.
I'm never gonna get through my anime list =|

lilithsama
July 14th, 2011, 02:40 AM
*reads through recent posts*

..yeah this is why i stay away from Eva forums =_=

Froggie
July 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM
This has been surprisingly civil for an Eva discussion.

No one has yet insulted my sexuality, my mother, or my offspring.

Beast Lair's, I am amaze.

lilithsama
July 14th, 2011, 07:52 AM
prolly because no one here seems to be super hard-core eva fan
so not gonna see anything GD level

just still, the fact that shipping was mentioned kinda makes me wanna slam my head on my desk =_=

Froggie
July 14th, 2011, 07:55 AM
It is inevitable. Just nod, smile, and go with it.

If you want to have fun you can try and squick out everyone and see how many people try to kill you.

Gendo x Rei ftw D:<

lilithsama
July 14th, 2011, 08:00 AM
i'm just going to think of uses for that 50 dollar bucket

someone used it in their garden, thats a nice idea

Techlet
July 14th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Gendo x the Adam embryo in his hand OTP

HitokiriNanaya
July 14th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Shinji x Third Impact is OTP and Canon

eddyak
July 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Mari likes the smell of Asuka's Eva. Therefore, Mari x Asuka will be this series' main pairing.

My logic is irrefutable.

Moczo
July 14th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Mari likes the smell of Asuka's Eva. Therefore, Mari x Asuka will be this series' main pairing.My logic is irrefutable.... ... ... I have no problem with this.

SeiKeo
July 14th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mari likes the smell of Asuka's Eva. Therefore, Mari x Asuka will be this series' main pairing.

My logic is irrefutable.

... ... ... I have no problem with this.

...Neither do I.

Counterguardian
July 14th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Mari likes the smell of any kind of Eva.

Pimp!Mari x Shinji x Rei x Asuka harem end is clearly the way to go.

ItsaRandomUsername
July 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Indubitably.

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Pft.

I'll never abandon Rei x Shinji x Misato.

Techlet
July 14th, 2011, 07:26 PM

My logic is irrefutable.

Sheesh, you say that like it's a bad thing...

ItsaRandomUsername
July 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Pft.

I'll never abandon Rei x Shinji x Misato.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/520/galacticbrofist.jpg

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 07:43 PM
YES!

*Brofist.*

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/4399863/images/1240741936369.jpg

ItsaRandomUsername
July 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Megas XLR and Gurren Lagann brofisting?

D00D

Froggie
July 14th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Rei x Rei x Rei x Rei x ...

Ace
July 14th, 2011, 08:26 PM

My logic is irrefutable.

BROFIST!

Techlet
July 14th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Rei x Rei x Rei x Rei x ...

Aoba!

http://i.imgur.com/9W8xd.jpg

Theocrass
July 14th, 2011, 10:03 PM
GENIUS!

Bloble
July 14th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Shinji and Asuka and Misato x All the Rei

Apocalypse pairing.

lethum
July 15th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Every Human x Every Human
Seele pairing.

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Every Human x Every Human
Seele pairing.

Half of all the women in the world: Did someone just touch my butt? You are so dead!

Other half of all the women in the world: Omigod its Japanese Edward as a child! He's so cute!

Shinji: What's going on? And why are there so many boobs all around me?

All the men: He's so dead once we get our hands on him...

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Did you just call him the Japanese Edward? You're dead to me.

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I was making a point about how all Edward really does is sit around and mope about not having a soul, while when Shinji reaches the melting point he basically either goes bat shit insane or sinks into a depression. And if he becomes god, he'll probably turn sparkly anyway...

And that's what he'd look like at that point to a Twilight fan. In reality he's more of a Japanese Harry Potter with worse parents and no emotional support. (opinion)

ItsaRandomUsername
July 15th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Harry Potter x Evangelion crossover.

GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!.!-!-!_1--1-1-!__!_!_!_!_!1!!! D:

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:19 AM
It's a terrible idea, as are most Harry Potter crossovers. :p

Did that work?

ItsaRandomUsername
July 15th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Purged like laxatives to intestines.

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Theo started it!

Anyway, have a picture of a manlier crossover to distract you:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3206/ttcannotadvance.jpg

ItsaRandomUsername
July 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
FUKKEN SAVED

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Oh fuck yes, Gendo.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Y'know what this thread needs? More pictures of Misato. Preferably molesting Shinji.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:30 AM
You know what I find almost as exciting as Rei x Shinji x Misato?

Ritsuko x Shinji x Misato.

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Y'know what this thread needs? More pictures of Misato. Preferably molesting Shinji.

You know, I think you're right.

http://i.imgur.com/lqrsL.jpg

Also:

http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1047389
http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/877381
http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/761293

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I think I love you, Tech.

Marry me?

You know what really pisses me off sometimes? Shinji would get a lot less flak if he was a girl, IMO.

Counterguardian
July 15th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Girly guy would get a lot less flak if he was a girly girl, IMO.

Heheheh.

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I think I love you, Tech.

Marry me?

Sure!

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:53 AM
^^ You sound like one of those people who bash Shinji for not being a hot blooded moron.

Like it's a crime for him to be good at cooking and playing the cello. :l

I'm slightly disappointed.

^ AWESOME! Let's honeymoon in Japan!

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 02:53 AM
You know what really pisses me off sometimes? Shinji would get a lot less flak if he was a girl, IMO.

Modern society expects men to be macho and shrug off all emotion. If their mothers die they only cry a single tear, at the funeral. And when forced to pilot a giant soul-munching robot, they simply nod and do their duties.

Girls on the other hand just have to cry once and they get hugs and ice cream.

I want ice cream too...

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Modern society expects men to be macho and shrug off all emotion. If their mothers die they only cry a single tear, at the funeral. And when forced to pilot a giant soul-munching robot, they simply nod and do their duties.

Girls on the other hand just have to cry once and they get hugs and ice cream.

I want ice cream too...

And it pisses me off because it's stupid.

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 02:54 AM
And it pisses me off because it's stupid.

Double Standards.

They suck.

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 02:55 AM
^ AWESOME! Let's honeymoon in Japan!

Are we going to need Geiger counters and NBC suits?

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Are we going to need Geiger counters and NBC suits?

Are they still in crisis?

Hell, let's go like that anyways and say we're cosplaying!

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Are they still in crisis?

Hell, let's go like that anyways and say we're cosplaying!

Not sure, but okay!

Alulim
July 15th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Shinji playing the cello saves the world through the power of music.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Shinji playing the cello saves the world through the power of music.

Indeed.

@ Tech: Where should we go first? ^_^

Counterguardian
July 15th, 2011, 03:16 AM
^^ You sound like one of those people who bash Shinji for not being a hot blooded moron.

Like it's a crime for him to be good at cooking and playing the cello. :l

I'm slightly disappointed.

Haha I'm just messing with you man.

I actually respect him, having to make all these hard choices when he hasn't figured out what it is he wants out of life yet.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Ah, then I'm sorry I srsed.

Mcjon01
July 15th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Haha I'm just messing with you man.

I actually respect him, having to make all these hard choices when he hasn't figured out what it is he wants out of life yet.

If only he had blindly absorbed his father's ideal, though, he could have been totally badass like Shirou.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Gendo doesn't really have an ideal ...

Mcjon01
July 15th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Sure he does. It's "Yui! ...and everything else can just go to hell".

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 04:02 AM
That would make him selfish.

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 04:07 AM
That would make him HF Shirou. Except for the whole... evil bit.

Mcjon01
July 15th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Yeah? You know I'm not really going for anything here. It's just that Shirou is also a housewife, but nobody thinks less of him for it. And anybody emulating Gendo would be a hilariously bad idea for everybody involved.

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 05:27 AM
@ Tech: Where should we go first? ^_^

Osaka! Where all the cool people are!

Also, I'm just not seeing Shinji = Shirou. It's like trying to equate Shinji (Matou) with Kamina because they both have blue hair.

MZeroX
July 15th, 2011, 05:48 AM
It's like trying to equate Shinji (Matou) with Kamina because they both have blue hair.They both also get written out of the story but have a vocal fan base. I think I see it.

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 05:51 AM
They both also get written out of the story but have a vocal fan base. I think I see it.

They also both act as an older brother figure to non-blood related siblings, right?

MZeroX
July 15th, 2011, 06:01 AM
yeah, perfect match right there.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 01:10 PM
You just have to overlook the fact that Shinji is a massive douchebag. XP

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Well some people would also call Kamina a massive douchebag.

And they both don't understand when they do some stupid shit like pissing off people with the power to easily kill them.

And even in the face of death they both maintain a smug superiority.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Kamina, while something of an asshole, is not a serial rapist.

KENTA
July 15th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Bull-fucking-shit. Why do you think all the women stayed away from him underground?

He raped them.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
*Opens mouth.*

*Closes it.*

I have nothing to say to that.

MZeroX
July 15th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm liking this comparison more and more.

KENTA
July 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Seriously, think about it. He's a rebel with lofty dreams and a soft side that doesn't wear a shirt. At least 50% of the women there should be all over him. But none of them are.

BECAUSE HE'S A RAPIST!

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Kamina = Shinji?

I'm not sure whether to hate Kamina or adore Shinji now...

Alulim
July 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
My vision of him...shattered.

terraablaze
July 15th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Mad props to KENTA for making me actually laugh out loud, a rare occurrence indeed.

Techlet
July 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Seriously, think about it. He's a rebel with lofty dreams and a soft side that doesn't wear a shirt. At least 50% of the women there should be all over him. But none of them are.

BECAUSE HE'S A RAPIST!

Or because he bats for the other team.

Just saying...

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Funnily enough, I've seen a hilarious review suggesting exactly that.

I mean, he is rather ... obsessed with Simon.

Froggie
July 15th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Funnily enough, I've seen a hilarious review suggesting exactly that.

I mean, he is rather ... obsessed with Simon.

I totally didn't read into that at all when the series was airing.

Nope.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I totally didn't read into that at all when the series was airing.

Nope.

Oh you. :3

Bloble
July 15th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Any chance of Kamina/Simon died when he made out with the hot allegedly 14 year old Yoko. Sorry fangirls. Not this time.

Theocrass
July 15th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Threesome.

Froggie
July 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Oh you. :3

I'm telling you I didn't!

Any chance of Kamina/Simon died when he made out with the hot allegedly 14 year old Yoko. Sorry fangirls. Not this time.

What's that cliched villain excuse? "So long as there is evil"...

Alulim
July 15th, 2011, 11:43 PM
"So long as there is evil"..."...I'll be just around the corner, waiting for you with a sack of potatoes?"

lilithsama
July 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
...i have no idea why i didn't notice this before
with asuka's name change, all of the female pilots family names end in Nami (波)

rei's name remains unchanged
Mari is new, and they changed asuka's family name

so i'm thinking there has to be something significant about it, or a reason for it

or maybe not

still interesting thoughs

Theocrass
July 27th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I noticed that, too.

I thought there may be some significance to it, but I ultimately paid it no mind.

Cruor
July 27th, 2011, 02:00 PM

so i'm thinking there has to be something significant about it, or a reason for it

or maybe not

All of them are genetically altered Rei clones made by Ikari Shinji from the previous world. [/WMG]

terraablaze
July 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
All of them are genetically altered Rei clones made by Ikari Shinji from the previous world. [/WMG]

Or maybe it represents that they are all artificially born in some way?

In the manga, which is written I think by the original character designer (and is therefore sort of canon? or maybe it uses ideas that never made it into the show?), Asuka is a test tube baby created by artificial insemination in an attempt to breed a genius.

Can the particular character mean anything that seems significant?

Counterguardian
July 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM

or maybe not

If memory serves, it was to develop a theme where the main female cast were named after Japanese battleships.

lilithsama
July 27th, 2011, 10:52 PM
yeah all the characters surnames come from ww2 warships except for Toji, Kensuke, and Hikari , but what makes it stand out is Asuka's name change for the new movies.
Souryu still followed the ship theme (for that matter so does Langley and Illustrious.) but they changed it to the name of another ship that has Nami in it
it just makes me think there's some significance to it

@terra
yeah the manga is by Sadamoto, so definitely canon

lantzblades
July 29th, 2011, 02:33 AM

only unto itself, the anime and manga are clearly different continuities and have conflicting points of order regarding the plot points and major themes

Aladar
August 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
I'm definitely hoping for a happy ending in Rebuild. And less mindscrews please, my head still hurts from End of Evangelion.

SeiKeo
August 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM
I'm definitely hoping for a happy ending in Rebuild. And less mindscrews please, my head still hurts from End of Evangelion.

hahahah. Now, does that really seem likely? :p

Aladar
August 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Frankly, no.

And that's why I say it all would've ended good and well if instead of Misato Shinji had had someone like effing Kamina to be his guardian.

Cruor
August 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Frankly, no.

And that's why I say it all would've ended good and well if instead of Misato Shinji had had someone like effing Kamina to be his guardian.

Actually, that might end up being more damaging to him. Kamina kinda acts like Misato when she was going all 'you have to fight'. And we all know what happened with that.

mangafreak7793
August 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
^ We can only dream....

But in compensation how does RYougi Shiki sound to you since Alf made a crossover with NGExTM

SeiKeo
August 3rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
What about Ryougi now? Coaching Shinji?

Aladar
August 3rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Wouldn't it be easier just to slice and dice all the angels on spot?

terraablaze
August 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
@terra

huzzah!

I prefer the manga over the tv series, and I am one of those who like the anime quite a bit. No filler, more (and better) character development, and yet doesn't pull any punches like the show did.

mangafreak7793
August 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
What about Ryougi now? Coaching Shinji?

Gendo left him in her care raising both Mana and Shinji.

xm0123
August 3rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
I prefer the manga over the tv series, and I am one of those who like the anime quite a bit. No filler, more (and better) character development, and yet doesn't pull any punches like the show did.

Same here. Well, I didn't like Eva tv a lot, but it didn't make me the Eva fan I am today. Sadamoto's manga did.

I personally can't choose between the manga and Rebuild; they both have their strongpoints!

mangafreak7793
August 3rd, 2011, 09:39 PM
^ Agreed. Anime made me depress and I like ReixShinji.

Also agree on Rebuild since it makes Shinji turn manly.

SeiKeo
August 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Gendo left him in her care raising both Mana and Shinji.

This is awesome.

mangafreak7793
August 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
^THEN READ IT!, Alf's writing is amazing!

SeiKeo
August 3rd, 2011, 10:23 PM
I've read up to the current end. ;_;