PDA

View Full Version : Type-Moon Characters & Ice Cream

Depletion_Garden
April 20th, 2012, 10:38 AM
So like, what flavours do you think a respective character would like best?

I reckon Aoko being all blue and shit would totally love a Blue Hawaii ice cream. If there's such a thing. But if there's Blue Hawaii shaved ice, I'll be damned if there isn't ice cream.

Ciel would probably eat curry ice cream just like how Kotomine/Caren would eat mabo-tofu ice cream. Curry ice cream probably exists already, and I bet someone tried making mabo-tofu ice cream somewhere in china... I mean they have pork trotter ice cream!

Saber probably just loves ice cream in general. Her appetite accepts all and every flavour of ice cream ever, no matter the brand or the quality. To Saber, ice cream is ice cream and it is a joyous blessing to be had.

Gilgamesh is probably too good for ice cream or something. He'd just glare at the stuff until it melts and go hmmph.

Rin would probably be glad for any ice cream as long as its free. All her money is spent on jewels instead of sweets so she probably don't go a solid preference.

Bazette will probably just punch the ice cream or something.

I think Assassin could probably hide in the ice cream if he tried.

Mcjon01
April 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Gil almost certainly has the prototype for BR's 31 flavors tucked away in his vault somewhere.

Keyne
April 20th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Saber probably just loves ice cream in general. Her appetite accepts all and every flavour of ice cream ever, no matter the brand or the quality. To Saber, ice cream is ice cream and it is a joyous blessing to be had.
Nope. She likes food of good quality. She's pretty picky when she does the shopping in F/HA, and Shirou commends her for that.

Personally, I think Saber would be a vanilla person.

Neir
April 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Saber is a gourmand as well as a glutton, which is why Shirou's wallet suffers. She keeps wanting supah high class foods, like truffles.

Mcjon01
April 20th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Nope. She likes food of good quality. She's pretty picky when she does the shopping in F/HA, and Shirou commends her for that.

Yeah, okay, that makes sense, good poi...

Personally, I think Saber would be a vanilla person.

http://i43.tinypic.com/oqvybm.png

Kotonoha
April 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/16gnqw.jpg

Keyne
April 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Hah, I laughed heartily.

BananaShiki
April 20th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Bazette will probably just punch the ice cream or something.

I laughed so hard at this.

Chaos Greyblood
April 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Aoko would probably go for rocky road ice cream or get some chocolate mint.

ChronoReverse
April 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I thought this thread would be what ice cream a Type-Moon character IS and was thinking Rin's like cookies and cream because I could eat her all day =D

Keyne
April 20th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Picking all those sock strings from between your teeth would be such a chore...

And that would be the smallest of your problems, Mr. Lecter~~

ChiakiKakumei
April 24th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Sion loves chocolate chip or mint chocolate chip. No really. She does in a Manga/Doujinshi *Twin heart comic version*

But if Sion were to eat ice cream for the first time, she'll be confused, Shiki gives her one to lick and then Sion acts surprised and delighted.

celsius
April 24th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Saber would get a parfait with every single flavour of ice cream in the shop.

Lycodrake
April 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Saber would get a parfait with every single flavour of ice cream in the shop.
And/or have Shirou learn to make ice-cream at home.

celsius
April 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM
And/or have Shirou learn to make ice-cream at home.

Oh well in that case, Saber would love whatever Shirou makes.

Rowanism
April 24th, 2012, 09:24 PM
http://images.wikia.com/gintama/images/d/d0/Parfait.jpg

Shirou: Chocolate Parfait, Gintama style.

Junky
April 24th, 2012, 09:24 PM
If its Ryougi, it has to be strawberry.

^ Doesn't Gintoki eat strawberry too? Speaking of which, so does Dante. What's with all these people?

celsius
April 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
If its Ryougi, it has to be strawberry.

^ Doesn't Gintoki eat strawberry too? Speaking of which, so does Dante. What's with all these people?

But Shiki doesn't like ice cream. She doesn't like cold things. The only reason she's partial to strawberry is because it reminds her of Kokutou.

Lycodrake
April 24th, 2012, 09:29 PM
...what about Haagen Dazs, though? Or is that just fanon?

Junky
April 24th, 2012, 09:31 PM
...what about Haagen Dazs, though? Or is that just fanon?

She eats it because Mikiya bought it for her.

Rowanism
April 24th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Gintoki eats Chocolate Parfait and drinks Strawberry Milk.

HitokiriNanaya
April 24th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Nanaya eats cherry flavored then stabs the Ice cream man while W.Len berates him for stabbing the guy before she could have her Ice cream.

Black Sword
April 24th, 2012, 11:15 PM
But Shiki doesn't like ice cream. She doesn't like cold things. The only reason she's partial to strawberry is because it reminds her of Kokutou.

Strawberry is the master race ice cream. Gilgamesh eats strawberry ice cream!

Regarding Shiki and sweets... Shiki (織) didn't like sweets, while Shiki (式) was fine with them. Shiki took against sweets in order to preserve the memory of Shiki.

Tobias
April 24th, 2012, 11:23 PM
akiha strikes me as a sherbert kind of gal, while aoko would be eating something horribly unhealthy. like covered in hot fudge and caramel.

Apple
April 25th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Gil eats shaved ice from the alpines. Ice cream is for mongrels. Real kings eat straight from the cusp of the earth.

Black Sword
April 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Nonsense! Ice cream is the original dessert of kings (http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/desserts/the-history-of-ice-cream.asp)! We mongrels have merely dissipated its greatness!

Kotonoha
April 25th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Gil eats shaved ice from the alpines. Ice cream is for mongrels. Real kings eat straight from the cusp of the earth.
Kings eat dirt?

TetsuoS2
April 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Kings eat dirt?

Hah, anything the King eats by his own will automatically raises itself to Rank A Noble Banquet.

I3uster
April 25th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Culinary variant of Lancelot's phantasm: Feast of Honor.

Keyne
April 25th, 2012, 09:08 AM
The ability to change pretty much everything he touches into a C-rank delicacy?

TetsuoS2
April 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM

Feast of Honor : A Knight Does Not Die with an Empty Stomach
Enhances taste of what is considered food to the standards of the King of Lancelot as long as it's in Lancelot's table, and removes all poison from the food. Food that is great will still be improved and raised to EX Rank Food for the Gods, and will be impervious to all forms of expiration as long as it's in one kilometer vicinity of Lancelot.
Type : Food Support
Maximum Range : Round Table
Maximum Target : Unlimited, as long as it is in the table.

ChiakiKakumei
April 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Sacchin will eat any ice cream that is obscure and hidden from the world.

Depletion_Garden
April 26th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Enhances taste of what is considered food to the standards of the King of Lancelot as long as it's in Lancelot's table, and removes all poison from the food. Food that is great will still be improved and raised to EX Rank Food for the Gods, and will be impervious to all forms of expiration as long as it's in one kilometer vicinity of Lancelot.

So will instant noodles be converted to real ramen? Will shitty oysters become fresh again? Where can I summon this servant?

Mashina
April 26th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Akiha would be having some sort of alcohol flavoured ice cream.
And I'm sure Kohaku would be cooking up her own brand new "special" flavour.

So will instant noodles be converted to real ramen? Will shitty oysters become fresh again? Where can I summon this servant?
You'll also never need a fridge again.

Ruu-tan
April 26th, 2012, 06:41 AM

Tis the reason he was Arturia's best knight.

Black Sword
April 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM

Arturia would forgive any indiscretion with her queen for good food.

Tobias
April 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Funny mental image.

Shirou: hey saber, sorry, I cheated with rin again.

Saber: what?! EX....

Shirou: Also, there is steak in the front room.

Saber:....Celent! lets dig in!

Black Sword
April 26th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Funny mental image.

Shirou: hey saber, sorry, I cheated with rin again.

Saber: what?! EX....

Shirou: Also, there is steak in the front room.

Saber:....Celent! lets dig in!

Perfect 4koma! Somebody draw it, Tobias already did the hard part and wrote it for you.

TetsuoS2
April 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM
So following up on this.... Fate/Feast.

Um,
Avalon : The Everdistant Banquet
Arondight : The Unfading Food of The Lake
Chef of Babylon : King's Feast
Enuma Elish : The Star of Kitchens that Split Wheat and Chaff
Excalibur : The Sword of Promised Food
For Someone's Feast : Not for One's Own Stomach
Gae Bolg : Soaring Spear that Strikes with Taste
God Hand : The Twelve Feasts
Ionioi Hetairoi : Feast of the City
Nine Lives : The Shooting Hundred Tastes
Rho Aias : The Seven Lids that Cover the Fiery Pots
Zabaniya : Delusional Mushroom

So UBW's covered by NAHTCUW.

Bloble
April 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM
http://gawaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Golden-Opulence-Sundae.jpg

Behold! The Golden Opulence Sundae! Ridiculously luxurious and expensive! Edible gold! Fit for even the King of Heroes!

ChiakiKakumei
April 26th, 2012, 11:26 PM
http://gawaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Golden-Opulence-Sundae.jpg

Behold! The Golden Opulence Sundae! Ridiculously luxurious and expensive! Edible gold! Fit for even the King of Heroes!

I remember this one. I heard it was about 3,000 dollars and it was sold in an ice cream shop in Manhattan. Forgot the name of the ice cream store though.

Apple
April 27th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Doesn't look like it's worth 3k. 0.090k maybe, just barely and for the effort. 3k? That's like asking 40k for a pretty ribbon.

Mcjon01
April 27th, 2012, 01:19 AM
5 scoops of the richest Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla and covered in 23K edible gold leaf, the sundae is drizzled with the world's most expensive chocolate, Amedei Porceleana, and covered with chunks of rare Chuao chocolate, which is from cocoa beans harvested by the Caribbean Sea on Venezuela's coast. The masterpiece is suffused with exotic candied fruits from Paris, gold dragets, truffles and Marzipan Cherries. It is topped with a tiny glass bowl of Grand Passion Caviar, an exclusive dessert caviar, made of salt-free American Golden caviar, known for its sparkling golden color. It's sweetened and infused with fresh passion fruit, orange and Armagnac. The sundae is served in a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet with an 18K gold spoon to partake in the indulgence served with a petite mother of pearl spoon and topped with a gilded sugar flower by Ron Ben-Israel.

And it actually only costs 1,000 dollars! What a deal!

Apple
April 27th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Sounds like good advertising to me. Like macdonald's, only on a whole different level.

After hearing that i am only willing to pay 45 cents for it because i hate flamboyant ads.

ChiakiKakumei
April 27th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Well. What ice cream would Ries like? I'll predict same as Sion's

Vahan
May 1st, 2012, 06:15 AM
Kotomine Krunch anyone?

Ragnar
May 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
If there were Mapo Tofu ice cream, Kotomine would eat it.

ChiakiKakumei
May 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Warachia Ice Cream. Everything is red, the ice cream, the syrup even the whipped cream and add a cherry.

Apple
May 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Shirley ice cream is obviously the most delicious. An ex rank delight filled with tropical fruits and overflowing with sex.

terraablaze
May 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Has anyone mentioned that Touko's should be orange sherbet?

Black Sword
May 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I want Shirley ice cream now....

And no, no one has mentioned it. I'm sure she'll let you know how she feels about that.

terraablaze
May 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Totally worth it.

*throws devil's horns up while being swallowed by horror in a box*

Keyne
May 11th, 2012, 10:07 AM

And no, no one has mentioned it. I'm sure she'll let you know how she feels about that.
Mmm~~ Peanut butter and jelly~~ of Kiritsugu you are

food
May 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM

Shirley would be that scoop of plain vanilla ice cream that you experimented with, by putting sea food cocktail sauce on it.

Then you had to dump it.

terraablaze
May 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM
You should have used Balsamic vinegar instead. Vanilla ice cream with some good balsamic vinegar is a thing to behold.

Depletion_Garden
May 25th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Balsamic vinegar on ice cream? What madness is this? What asshole would do such a thing? Curdled brown mess ahoy.

terraablaze
May 25th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Considering your description, you must have never had it before. For the full effect, put some strawberries on top.

Edit: Just so we're clear I'm not joking

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/kathleen-daelemans/strawberries-and-strawberry-ice-cream-with-balsamic-vinegar-recipe/index.html
http://www.cookistry.com/2011/08/balsamic-vinegar-ice-cream.html
http://dinnerwithjulie.com/2011/07/21/brown-sugar-balsamic-vinegar-ice-cream/
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2262

This is a thing that exists. I'm not some strange deviant with a taste all my own.

giorno
May 26th, 2012, 06:19 AM
balsamic vinegar is good on everything, you're not strange

bahamut zero
May 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Sakura would be cherry flavored <3

Elf
May 27th, 2012, 02:33 AM
For some reason I see Shirou (and therefore Archer) really liking Green Tea or Red Bean ice cream. Honestly, I see Rin digging strawberry ice cream, it's already said in Fate she likes Strawberries.

Ilya would like Chocolate.

Crying_Vegeta
May 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Berzerker would like to try ice cream. He is familiar with the concept.

As one who can appreciate fresh ingredients, he has located a cow to use in his recipe. He seems to have dragged a small iceberg from somewhere and is about to-

Oh, he just ended up swinging the cow around by the leg and smashing it into the iceberg until both were pulpified.

Berzerker looks distraught, he seems disappointed in the outcome. That's no good, Berzerker, you shouldnt give up so easily. Perhaps you need to refine your process.