PDA

View Full Version : Had to make thread. Someone else might have posted it wrong.

Five_X
May 9th, 2012, 12:29 AM
A certain salarian lacks a fanclub. Seems... disappointing. Bitter. Should make this right.

http://i.imgur.com/m1aiF.png

LOYAL FANS:

Five_X

SeiKeo
May 9th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I shot him.

Five_X
May 9th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Then you got the really damned sad scene. ;__;

Also, since you went Renegade you got shafted in pretty much every way, lol. It's BioWare, man: never go Renegade.

SeiKeo
May 9th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Then you got the really damned sad scene. ;__;

Also, since you went Renegade you got shafted in pretty much every way, lol. It's BioWare, man: never go Renegade.

I'm meta, Paragon plays by the rules and expectations.

Five_X
May 9th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I'm meta, Paragon plays by the rules and expectations.

Ya, but that choice there was entirely self-defeating. Pretty much no way you play it, you lose.

Seika
May 9th, 2012, 02:57 AM
My policy is to go evil/renegade/dark side/whatever on my first playthrough for any games which allow it. Because the 'default' is good, I tend to assume they've put more attention that way. And I want to find out whether they've been lazy or can actually maintain a vague semblence of quality.

KENTA
May 9th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Voice, not right. Further research needed. Data *deep breath* inconclusive.

Five_X
May 9th, 2012, 03:09 AM
My policy is to go evil/renegade/dark side/whatever on my first playthrough for any games which allow it. Because the 'default' is good, I tend to assume they've put more attention that way. And I want to find out whether they've been lazy or can actually maintain a vague semblence of quality.

True. BGII, for example, worked for the evil side so long as you didn't fill your character roster with good guys. Viconia was good for that, though I preferred the happy nice alignment version of that. :P

Take hold of your legacy, Bhaalspawn!

Techlet
May 9th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Mordin in thread, excellent class supplement to 7th Dimension.

Seika
May 9th, 2012, 03:15 AM
The BGs (especially BGII where you spent more time in a single city) were gigantic pains for evil guys until you hit high levels. You drop your rep too early and those guard patrols are going to kick your teeth in. I'm on an evil playthrough now and only just considering going full hog.

BGII's evil side was also kind of weird. You got the best or near-best of each type except thieves (and Jan's CN and Imoen won't leave you), but only one of each type. So if you were doing a no-reloads/chunked party members must stay chunked game, you could get in serious trouble quite quickly.

Aaaanyway, Mordin. :p

Five_X
May 9th, 2012, 03:25 AM
The BGs (especially BGII where you spent more time in a single city) were gigantic pains for evil guys until you hit high levels. You drop your rep too early and those guard patrols are going to kick your teeth in. I'm on an evil playthrough now and only just considering going full hog.

BGII's evil side was also kind of weird. You got the best or near-best of each type except thieves (and Jan's CN and Imoen won't leave you), but only one of each type. So if you were doing a no-reloads/chunked party members must stay chunked game, you could get in serious trouble quite quickly.

Aaaanyway, Mordin. :p

Eh, depends on if you had mods. I recall there was at least one good caster who was CN or Evil or such. Good alternative to poor, squishy Edwin. And really, if you were being Stupid Evil instead of a more sane evil, you were probably doing it wrong. :P

The Underdark section, I'd say, was where evil stuff got really fun.

And yes, Mordin. Should be more prevalent in thread. Would be interested in testing drow genetic structure.

Techlet
May 9th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Hmm, abnormal pigmentation of username. Further testing is necessary. Implications...

I3uster
May 9th, 2012, 02:37 PM
...are you me?
No seriously, this is creepy, it's the exact same reason why I always go bad first.

Kotonoha
May 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I always tell myself I'm going to do a good playthrough first and an evil one after, and then I never can, because I get too attached to all the characters.

I can never be evil ;_;

Tobias
May 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
hell, I got him to work with me to fuck the krogans. RENEGADE MORDIN BABY.

Suddenly "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR INANE CONVERSATIONAL PLOYS *MORDIN PAWNCH*"

Fantabulous
May 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM

But Default!Shepard is a lazy douchebag.

Seika
May 10th, 2012, 04:59 AM
...are you me?
No seriously, this is creepy, it's the exact same reason why I always go bad first.

The great minds, they do this ... thing. How you people say it ... 'think alike'? :p

KENTA
May 10th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I can never go evil in these types of games. Mostly because you're less evil and more douchey. Even in KOTOR you basically went "HURR DURR YOU STEPPED IN MY WAY TIME FOR FORCE LIGHTNING!" instead of actually being evil.

lilithsama
May 10th, 2012, 05:06 AM
are you sure it has nothing to do with you being a prude?

KENTA
May 10th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Yes.

I3uster
May 10th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I can never go evil in these types of games. Mostly because you're less evil and more douchey. Even in KOTOR you basically went "HURR DURR YOU STEPPED IN MY WAY TIME FOR FORCE LIGHTNING!" instead of actually being evil.
I dunno, in the Fallout games you can hit little kids in the crotch with a sledgehammer, killing them.

Sadly crotch-aiming and child-killing were taken out of FO3 and NV.

KENTA
May 10th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I know in FO3 I was really pissed off about that because of THOSE FUCKING FAGGOT LITTLE KIDS YOU KNOW THE ONES! Seriously, I did not feel bad at all about selling them all into slavery. Never got far in any of the other fallouts despite owning them.

Mike1984
May 10th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I always tell myself I'm going to do a good playthrough first and an evil one after, and then I never can, because I get too attached to all the characters.

I can never be evil ;_;

Honestly, I just play such games by choosing the options I think are right, which almost invariably ends up being Chaotic Good. Games which falsely equate obeying the law with being good tend to be rather more uncertain, though....

Yeah, it's difficult to be anything but "Stupid Evil" in most games of that form.

Ivan The Mouse
May 10th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I usually tend to go good on those kinds of games purely by unreasonable instinct.

Five_X
May 10th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Being evil in Fallout 1 and 2 is awesome, because you can actually succeed at that.