PDA

View Full Version : "I Am Vengeance. I AM THE K/NIGHT." - GODD*MN BATMAN THREAD

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 04:03 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1z5xy9acN1r1069oo1_r1_500.gif

Okay, THIS DOES NOT EXIST ALREADY
FOR SHAME BEAST'S LAIR
FOR SHAME

The all-consuming franchise CANNOT be contained to just the DC thread.
So yeah, discussion of TAS, ...those other B-man cartoons =_=, Burton movies, Nolan movies, comics, parodies etc etc should go here (If anyone still wants to jizz about the games that should go in Animu/Gaems)

Also, I realize that it is still 2 months away, but the lack of updates in regards to MOTHER F*CKING HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR is unforgivable.

JULY 20TH

obligatory trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

GET HYPED!!!!

Laith
May 15th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Just here to say that Batman Beyond (Cartoon & Movie) are the best things about Batman.

If you believe differently, you are wrong. =V

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Sir, you and I need to have some serious words =3=

Techlet
May 15th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Marathoning Arkham City.

Feels like such a boss.

Mcjon01
May 15th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Beyond wasn't as quite as good as TAS in my book, but I still really liked it. Enjoyed Brave and the Bold, too, on account of how awesomely silly it was. Dat camp, man, hnnnng. I'm not aware of any other Batman cartoons, outside of the odd Batman-centric episode of JL/JLU. ಠ_ಠ

And I still have no idea what happened in Mask of the Phantasm.

Laith
May 15th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah that new DLC thing of Arkham City is coming out. Gotta get some money for that.

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 04:24 AM
TAS, Beyond, JL/JLU, ..*ugh* the Batman, and Brave and the Bold are the onlybatman-oriented animated series I'm aware of
if there are others then eh, feel free to list/discuss

Mcjon01
May 15th, 2012, 04:25 AM
TAS, Beyond, JL/JLU, and Brave and the Bold are the onlybatman-oriented animated series I'm aware of
if there are others then eh, feel free to list/discuss

That's exactly what I said!

Laith
May 15th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Oh man The Batman was fun in the last seasons. And those designs. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-allears.gif

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 04:32 AM
That's exactly what I said!

you missed the Batman, mehn

although thats not necessarily a bad thing =_=

@laith
man.. that just irked me
mainly cus I was pissed they weren't showing TAS anymore
plus I'm more in the gritty B-man camp, so the Batman/B&B don't really suit my tastes/feel bastardized

Mcjon01
May 15th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I didn't miss anything. It simply does not exist in my reality. And I'll admit, I think half the reason I enjoyed B&B is because of all the obscure characters they kept digging up for the team-ups.

Theocrass
May 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I loved Justice League's portrayal of Batman most, because we got to see the man interacting with people he considered equals and friends.

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
@Mc
also this guy is batman
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnzlu3qXMj1qkdaico1_500.jpg

although, again, gritty fan, so b&b does not sit well with me

DreamsRequiem
May 15th, 2012, 05:33 AM
The Batman was not bad, I liked it enough to at least watch a few episodes of it. The only thing I really did not like about it was Barbara becoming Batgirl before Dick becoming Robin. It disrupts the natural order of the Batfamily continuum! It's like saying the first child was born after the second child! @[email protected]

BananaShiki
May 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM
It's a shame that Heath Ledger's gone, I really think The Joker should have been the "Final Boss" of the movies, but Bane's not bad either, but, since this is the last movie anyway, does anyone think we'll see Bane breaking Batman's back?

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Possibly (http://www.cracked.com/blog/advanced-batman-theory-why-nolan-will-kill-bruce-wayne/)

and while Joker is way more chaotic and Batman's perfect foil/enemy, using Bane seems like a pretty damn good way to end it
Dude is not the f*cking beefed out mindless brute some movie portrayed him as, he's INCREDIBLY intelligent and strong as shit on his own
Like, he's not only one of those calculating, cool criminal masterminds, but hes also a huge force, like he really doesn't need any henchmen since he can pretty much take care of most of that stuff himself
you can't end Bruce Wayne's arc with the Joker the same way, since you can't really end the story with him loose. While Bane is still very dangerous, he lacks the same mental instability, so loosing him isn't quite as dangerous a threat.. well depending on how the the movie handles it. Typically he's more goal-oriented, so if his aim is to "break the bat" after hes accomplished that, he'll most likely move on, might not even be in Gotham anymore. Although, since it appears Batman's been gone quite a while in DKR, I can't really tell whether hes just trying to cause chaos or destroy Gotham, or whether hes just trying to draw out Batman. Well, eh, either way SHIT IS GOING DOWN.

Also, Alfred's speeches in the newest trailer, well and older trailers, makes me think they prolly won't kill Bruce Wayne (like that article is suggesting). Emphasis on him not wanting to bury any more friends/Waynes would make it kinda shitty if they did kill him off. Although I'm pretty f*cking positive he at least won't be Batman anymore. Also am thinking JGL will prolly be the one taking up the mantle, given how he's emphasized in the trailer, and what his role seems to be. Well, really this is all my opinion, so don't take it for hardcore facts or anything. Just if it does work out that way, I am so going to be yelling I TOLD YOU!!

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM
It's a shame that Heath Ledger's gone

joker has died before in the books, cry baby ledger fans are the reason they don't recast like they should

he's INCREDIBLY intelligent

bane's not dumb but I wouldn't call him intelligent. now cunning i'll give you in spades.

if they are rolling with bane entering the fray they might do THAT storyline which would be a terrible way to end it.

Mcjon01
May 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Azrael-Batman? Please, please, don't even hint around that, I don't want to think about it. D:

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 02:27 PM
they shouldn't recast, since the story is 8 years later, the Joker's arc has ended, and any attempt to follow up with him would just fall flat

and, granted Bane does not have the same intelligence as, say, the Riddler, he is , in CANON, a f*cking genius. Hell he figure out Batman's identity in pretty much his first appearance. The man has photographics memory, studied the sh*t out of everything when he was in prison, is a f*cking insanely aweseom strategist, and of course a fantastic escape artist.
and this combined with NATURAL strength, plus adding Venom to that
again, SHIT IS GOING DOWN

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
and, granted Bane does not have the same intelligence as, say, the Riddler, he is , in CANON, a f*cking genius. Hell he figure out Batman's identity in pretty much his first appearance. The man has photographics memory, studied the sh*t out of everything when he was in prison, is a f*cking insanely aweseom strategist, and of course a fantastic escape artist.
and this combined with NATURAL strength, plus adding Venom to that
again, SHIT IS GOING DOWN

what?

you start off with the ridder then somehow apply those traits to bane...what is this i don't even

Mcjon01
May 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Bane is highly intelligent; in Bane of the Demon, Ra's al Ghul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%27s_al_Ghul) says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known."[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29#cite_note-Demon-7) In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29#cite_note-Broken-3) He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_death). Among these are Spanish, English, Urdu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urdu), Argh, Persian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language), and Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin).[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29#cite_note-Demon-7)[41] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29#cite_note-40) The Bane of the Demon storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory). Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_identity).[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29#cite_note-Demon-7)

But wikipedia says it's true, and it has citations. What do you have? D:

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
not just wiki, other sources too, like sites run/edited by hardcore DC fans, and if you actually take the time to read them, its immediately apparent once you start reading the comics
Bane, THROUGHOUT THE CANON, is a fucking mastermind/genius

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 03:00 PM
So, anyone wish to share which are your best comic book sagas in here?

Also, I have to agree on the assestments of Bane here. In Knightfall, Bane figured that the best way to deal with the Bat is to have him in a sequential boss rush by bursting Arkham Asylum and freeing all of the inmates that Batman had caught prior to the saga (No, seriously. He bursted the asylum with some heavy firepower!). He then sliently watched and tried to make a mess of things here and there, fought against Killer Croc, who did put a good fight against him, figured out Batman's identity and then defeated him. So yeah, Bane shouldn't be underestimated. EVER. On ocassion, writers try to flip-flop when it comes to his intelligence and him depending on Venom, but it is canon that he weaned himself off of Venom because it would seriously cripple his life if he kept on using him and that he's one of the most cunning foes on the rouge's gallery who manages to combine brains and brawn.

That, and he considers Batman to be a worthy foe. He'd rank pretty high on a top 10 Batman villains list if I ever made one.

BananaShiki
May 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM
So, anyone wish to share which are your best comic book sagas in here?

I really liked World War Hulk and Civil War.

Or are you just talking about DC?

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I really liked World War Hulk and Civil War.

Or are you just talking about DC?

Batman, bro. Batman.

Though if there are a few storylines that also involved him, go ahead.

BananaShiki
May 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Oh. It's sad, but I've only ever read Marvel, I've never read anything from DC, even though I like Batman.

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
and it has citations.

I can site that spider man sold his marriage to the devil. it doesn't mean that it's totally appropriate or universally accepted. thing is Bane SHOULDN'T be considered a genius. he's not, he's dedicated certainly but no genius. freeze is a genius, batman a genius the ridder a genius. hell even barbs is more of a genius then bane.

Laith
May 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
>Bane discovering Batman's Secret Identity
>Not genius.

...Yep, guess so.

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
this has nothing to do with citations, this has to do with IN COMIC CANON, hell he is even INTRODUCED as such
and yeah, while other characters are "more intelligent" does not mean he isn't a genius. The riddler's main weapon is his intelligence and wit, Bane doesn't have to solely rely on that, so its not as necessary to emphasize his intelligect to the same degree.
Barbara, The Riddler, and Mr. Freeze THE FUCKING SCIENTIST/DOCTOR, are supposed to seem more intelligent because thats a huge part of the character/their main "weapons." Bane grew up in a f*cking prison, and was pretty much self-educated, so yes compared to a fucking scientist or doctor hes not going to seem as intelligent. But again, HE DOESN'T NEED TO SOLELY RELY ON THAT. He crafts plans that make use of his strength, not just his wit. And really it'd be dumb to to otherwise, since he's F*CKING STRONG AS SHIT

also, IN HIS FIRST APPEARANCE, he deduced Batman's secret identity after being in Gotham for a few months, WHEN NATIVE RESIDENTS COULDN'T. Pretty sure in the Batman-universe that makes you pretty goddamn smart. Hell, the only other person I can think that did that was Strange, and that was because Batman/Wayne came to his f*cking clinic (at least originally, later he was just more of a mind assassin).

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 06:13 PM
hell he is even INTRODUCED as such

doesn't mean it's true.

IN HIS FIRST APPEARANCE, he deduced Batman's secret identity after being in Gotham for a few months, WHEN NATIVE RESIDENTS COULDN'T.

this alone makes it impossible for him to be a genius. I give him credit but you go too far. Bane is cunning, not a genius. that's why he could figure it out.

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
.....do you even realize how contradictory everything you're saying is?

he was created, and introduced as a genius, SO YEAH THIS IS TOTALLY NOT CANON AT ALL

and being the ONLY person in Gotham smart enough to figure out Batman's identity, YEAHP, THAT'D BE TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE IF HE WAS A GENIUS

I seriously hope you're just trolling =_=

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM
he was created

where did they actually say that? point to the interview

introduced as a genius

first appearances are often rough, i could name a hundred where the characters aren't found matching their later actions and characterizations

and being the ONLY person in Gotham smart enough to figure out Batman's identity, YEAHP, THAT'D BE TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE IF HE WAS A GENIUS

actually it is, in DC genius always over step themselves.

I seriously hope you're just trolling =_=

nope.

Techlet
May 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM
first appearances are often rough, i could name a hundred where the characters aren't found matching their later actions and characterizations

Yeah, actually, like how Sakura's a complete slut, right?

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah, actually, like how Sakura's a complete slut, right?

try the X men funny guy

Techlet
May 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM
But there are no sluts in X-Men.

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM
What is your favorite moment that proves that Bane is equipped with a superior intellect?
When he identifies Bruce Wayne as Batman just from Wayne’s body language.
From Chuck Dixon (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=57183), who's basically saying that yeah, thats why he's a fucking genius

also, a bit more in depth (http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Who-is-Batmans-Dark-Knight-Rises-Enemy-Bane-We-Ask-the-Guy-Who-Created-Him-114523229.html)

“The parameters for him had to be that he must be the intellectual and physical equal of Batman, that it would be believable that he could beat Batman and injure him badly enough to put him out of action for a year,” he says. “He is in every way a self-made man, just as Bruce Wayne made himself into Batman. Bane made himself into Bane, but with much darker purposes.”

so yeah, he WAS CREATED TO BE A F*CKING INTELLECTUAL MATCH FOR BATMAN, who you yourself said was a genius

and really, its not like they have dropped the whole "he's intelligent" thing, hell he was even a political force in his country for a time
although feel make all the dumb politician jokes you want

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
But there are no sluts in X-Men.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHA

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHA

Oh sure, bring on X-23 and Jean Grey. You'll look so classy and genius.

Lycodrake
May 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Oh, is this the thread where we talk about them killing off the original Batman and how screwed up the "New 52" is? :B

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Oh, is this the thread where we talk about them killing off the original Batman and how screwed up the "New 52" is? :B

If you want to bring that up, fire away, dude.

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
we talk about them killing off the original Batman

time traveled him, not dead

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Theres been plenty New 52 discussion in the DC thread (on like, page 5 in the subforum), although NOT NEARLY ENOUGH BITCHING
GRAR

feel free to bitch about new batman here
which I pretty much choose to ignore

Lycodrake
May 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I believe in Bruce Wayne as Batman. Not any of the Robins trying to take the mantle for themselves. =P

Though Jason Todd is a kickass character, IMHO. Red Hood over Nightwing, e'ry day.

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I believe in Bruce Wayne as Batman. Not any of the Robins trying to take the mantle for themselves. =P

Though Jason Todd is a kickass character, IMHO. Red Hood over Nightwing, e'ry day.

Come again, bro?

lantzblades
May 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Not any of the Robins trying to take the mantle for themselves.

there's a difference between taking and taking up.

also i like the concept of batman inc.

Fingolfin
May 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM

I have no idea what this 52 you speak of is. Are you talking about that series that turned Amanda Waller into a supermodel/sociopath, and butchered her characterization?

I think it's best if we pretend it never happened.

Lycodrake
May 15th, 2012, 07:11 PM
@Ogodaka: The nonexistent series that also turned Starfire/Kori'andr into a slut?

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Is 52 actually over now or is it still going?

Lycodrake
May 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Is 52 actually over now or is it still going?
The nonexistent/theoretical/hypothetical series is possibly still alive.

Fingolfin
May 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
@Ogodaka: The nonexistent series that also turned Starfire/Kori'andr into a slut?

That also ruined Harley Quinn, my one true love, with their senseless grim dark? Yes. It's some conspiracy theory I heard about, like Bigfoot and The Illuminate. It's not real, I assure you.

Lycodrake
May 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
That also ruined Harley Quinn, my one true love, with their senseless grim dark? Yes.
It's some conspiracy theory I heard about, like Bigfoot and The Illuminate. It's not real, I assure you.
...I want to kill this "New 52" with a thimble.

Chaos Greyblood
May 15th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I thought this 52 thing would last for around a year or just a bit more. What's the hubbub?

Lycodrake
May 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I thought this 52 thing would last for around a year or just a bit more. What's the hubbub?
They turned characters into bitches and whores. =P

Fingolfin
May 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM
...I want to kill this "New 52" with a thimble.

That's a common reaction among many people. I still have no idea what it is though. Is it a turkey, an evil turkey?

Either way, it's probably best if I just ignore it.

lilithsama
May 15th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Either way, it's probably best if I just ignore it.
this is the appropriate response

Blue
May 16th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I... liked The Batman. I thought it was a fun enough kids show. The style grated on me for a long time, but I eventually got around to finding it decent. It was very close to the core of style over substance. Just flashy and stuff.

MssrNeko
May 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM
My reaction to New 52: OH GOD WHY???

On topic: BBatB was a callback to the Silver Age of DC, back when things were wacky as shit. It was a bit refreshing to see many of the lesser known heroes (Booster Gold!). But, as usual, BTAS will remain one of DC's best animated series. Has anyone noticed that while Marvel makes the more successful movies overall, DC makes the more successful cartoons?

lilithsama
May 16th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Well, Marvel as a whole has successful movies, ..well mainly cus they get good writers/directors/actors attached, and don't HORRENDOUSLY miscast
DC just can't really get there shit together outside Batman
although really, Batman has been the most successful superhero franchise/films, so while Marvel might have greater success overall, Batman is still stronger
although everything else DC (outside of Reeves Superman) pretty much tanks
mainly cus nobody really knows what they're doing =_=
UNLIKE the cartoons, where the reverse is true
although I will give 90s Marvel credit, at least for X-men, and maybe Spiderman, although I can only rewatch some of the former now, unlike DC animated which has SO MUCH staying power

Mcjon01
May 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I don't know how, but as a kid I never noticed that Hobgoblin in the Spiderman cartoon was voiced by Mark Hamill essentially just doing his Joker voice, despite also being an avid watcher of BTAS. I only realized it just recently when I somehow, via the magic of Youtube's related video list combined with a pressing deadline for some important work, ended up watching the Spiderman/X-Men crossover special instead of writing.

lilithsama
May 16th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Mark Hamill is a voice acting GOHD
and nobody realized it till like 5 years ago, when you find out "HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS HIM??"
well more avid voice actor fans/Hamill-tards prolly did
but I first found out watching a superhero countdown, and saw him doing the Joker voice and was like "WUUHHHHHHH??"
also dude can do a Yoda just like Frank Oz

he has the most insane range i've heard

also
no more Hamill-Joker
;^;

Theocrass
May 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hamill is a beast, no doubt.

And I agree, Lils!

The DCAU is far superior to any animation Marvel has made!

lilithsama
May 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM
especially that whole Gonzo fiasco =_=

Elf
May 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hamill is a beast, no doubt.

And I agree, Lils!

The DCAU is far superior to any animation Marvel has made!

Hells to the yes.

B:TA is still amazing and the definitive version of Batman.

Also, he's cool in "Young Justice".

Theocrass
May 16th, 2012, 11:36 PM
What is this Gonzo fiasco you speak of?

@ Elf: Homegirl, when are you going to watch Justice League?

lilithsama
May 16th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I know everyone's been apparently jizzing themselves over Young Justice
but I just cannot bring myself to watch it =_=

also I f*cking hate Robin

EVERY Robin

mewarmo990
May 16th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Baleman's face looks so weird. Like a light bulb. I must be too used to Arkham Asylum/City.

Theocrass
May 16th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Arkham City~<3

lilithsama
May 16th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I still need to beat Asylum =_=
we've had City, but I refuse to play it till I'm done with Asylum,...which needs to be bought first
and given that our ps3 refuses to read disk we need to get that fixed first too =_=

Chaos Greyblood
May 16th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Mark Hamill is a voice acting GOHD
and nobody realized it till like 5 years ago, when you find out "HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS HIM??"
well more avid voice actor fans/Hamill-tards prolly did
but I first found out watching a superhero countdown, and saw him doing the Joker voice and was like "WUUHHHHHHH??"
also dude can do a Yoda just like Frank Oz

he has the most insane range i've heard

also
no more Hamill-Joker
;^;

I recognized his voice almost immediately when he was cast as The Hobgoblin. He also did a few villain roles in videogames and he was freaking Ozai!

Hamill should definitely become a voice director or something. I'm sure he'll be able to teach some new guys how to be a true villain.

These ones are for Lil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM&amp;list=FL7XIJ3OKzXE7owygdZDhXkQ&amp; index=264&amp;feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBWpWwIBKw&amp;feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kU34BQveuo&amp;feature=relmfu

Elf
May 17th, 2012, 12:44 AM
What is this Gonzo fiasco you speak of?

@ Elf: Homegirl, when are you going to watch Justice League?

I watched Justice League while it was airing, it and Unlimited.

I adored Batman and Wonder Woman together.

And I like Young Justice. It's actually done really, really well. And I like Robin. Dick Grayson Robin. (Even though he is cooler as Nightwing.)

Chaos Greyblood
May 17th, 2012, 12:49 AM
And I like Robin. Dick Grayson Robin. (Even though he is cooler as Nightwing.)

Finally, a sane person that does like Grayson! I even liked him better as Batman during the Return of Bruce Wayne arc. He was also pretty good in Prodigal because he finally defeated his demons and caught Two-Face. Seems like a good coming-of-age storyline, even if it lasted around a bit more than a year.

Theocrass
May 17th, 2012, 12:50 AM
I still need to beat Asylum =_=
we've had City, but I refuse to play it till I'm done with Asylum,...which needs to be bought first
and given that our ps3 refuses to read disk we need to get that fixed first too =_=
That sucks. :<

I watched Justice League while it was airing, it and Unlimited.

I adored Batman and Wonder Woman together.

And I like Young Justice. It's actually done really, really well. And I like Robin. Dick Grayson Robin. (Even though he is cooler as Nightwing.)

Elf, I like the cut of your jib!

I knew there was a reason we're friends!

Chaos Greyblood
May 17th, 2012, 01:05 AM
I do admit that the Wonder Woman - Batman dynamic was fascinating. Was it explored much?

Theocrass
May 17th, 2012, 01:07 AM
They ... did experiment.

If you hadn't seen Batman Beyond, you would have had the strong impression that they eventually got together, because they were so ... into each other.

Batman sang the Blues to save her, mayn!

In fact, that's one thing that bugged me.

Throughout JL and JLU, we see Batman become a warmer and more open person as he becomes closer and closer to his friends. But then, in Batman Beyond, he's completely closed in on himself again. Probably because of Tim.

Laith
May 17th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Continuity killed the ship, plain and simple.

That's why I love you Batman Beyond.

Theocrass
May 17th, 2012, 01:17 AM
What?!

Damnit, I had hoped Bruce (stubborn ass that he is) would get a happy ending. I like to imagine Wonder Woman is raising their child alone on Themyscira.

LEAVE ME ALONE, THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL

Laith
May 17th, 2012, 01:21 AM
He got a happy ending... Sorta-kinda.

I mean he did grow up to be a "get out of my lawn" kind of person but he got better. Also he got another Batman, so that counts. I think.

lilithsama
May 17th, 2012, 03:15 AM
I honestly feel like it would be incredibly odd/unnatural for Bruce to get a "happy" end
not to say he should live his life in misery, just having him actually settle down, or start a happy family seems like something thats always going to be beyond his reach
he knows he has more important things to do, and pretty much gave that up the moment he took up the mantle, thats not to say he shouldn't ever get a family/son, just, its not going turn out all peaches and sunshine (see Damian Wayne)

I just don't think having him end up in a serious/committed relationship would fit well, with the story or his character, just having him continue to serve as that rogue mentor figure (like in Beyond) I think is the best way for Bruce to end up, or like, his real "happy end"

Theocrass
May 17th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't see him with the white picket fence and shit.

I just think it would have been nice if they could have kept some kind of connection going.

And really, IT'S WHAT ALFRED WOULD HAVE WANTED, MAN

lilithsama
May 17th, 2012, 03:22 AM
yeah, but its not going to happen, no matter how much others want it, or really it kind of ties back to Alfred's want for him to just live a regular life/give up the dangers involved in being Batman
although, he and Bruce know thats impossible

well, unless writers just choose to shit all over everything thats been established =_=

Laith
May 17th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Writers are known to do that kind of thing.

See One More Day.

lilithsama
May 17th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Remember that time where he killed Mary-Jane by injecting his radioactive semen into her over the course of decades?

Theocrass
May 17th, 2012, 03:38 AM
You guys realize that Bruce's obsession with being Batman isn't healthy?

And it's probably not what his parents wanted, either.

Not trying to say I don't like him as Batman (because I do), I just don't think there's anything wrong with exploring story lines where he gives it up or mellows out.

Has anyone ever written a story where Bruce tried living a normal life?

lilithsama
May 17th, 2012, 03:44 AM
yeah. its extremely unhealthy, thats kind of the point of the (gritty) character, is you have this pretty much deranged man running around in a batsuit beating the shit out of criminals, like hes let his obsession with "protecting the city" take over his life
which is why alfred/etc would rather he quit, but given how deep in he is, he's not going to be able to, or at least not easily

also I think TAS handled the idea of Bruce with a "normal life" quite well, although it still ended up rather sad, but at least gave him a bit of purpose/conviction

Chaos Greyblood
May 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
If there's one good constant I could probably say about Bruce's life is Catwoman. I mean, you see those two and sparks can fly.

mewarmo990
May 18th, 2012, 01:52 AM
If there's one good constant I could probably say about Bruce's life is Catwoman. I mean, you see those two and sparks can fly.

BRUCE x TALIA FOREVER

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Talia may have gotten Bruce's body, but Selina got his heart.

mewarmo990
May 18th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Writers are known to do that kind of thing.

See One More Day.

So I'm neither a particularly dedicated nor long-term comic book reader... but the One More Day/Brand New Day Spider-Man reboot was the biggest narrative bullshit I've ever had the displeasure of suffering through. Obviously profit-driven, it turned Spider-Man/Peter Parker's story from one with intense character development and complex interpersonal relationships across different series... into a Saturday morning cartoon.

It's solely because of this that I stopped reading comic books completely shortly after I stuck around for the conclusion of Dark Reign/Siege. Seriously... fuck that shit.

I can understand from a writer's perspective how you can write yourself into corners when you've got a continuity running for forty years... but I think anyone with a shred of talent could have come up with a better and more logical conclusion than that.

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Not to mention that Joe Quesada and his eschewed views about marriage pretty much run the show. Stan Lee was so disgusted that he completely disregarded the decision and so Peter and MJ stay married in his newspaper comic.

When The Man has expressed his utter displeasure, you know you seriously fucked up. Yet Quesada never got the hint because he didn't care.

Theocrass
May 18th, 2012, 02:08 AM
If we're talking about the DCAU, ya'll be tripping.

Batman did not sing blues for either o' those two ladies. ;)

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2012, 02:09 AM
I wasn't talking about the DCAU, dawg.

Or rather, how can I call you? Bear?

mewarmo990
May 18th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Not to mention that Joe Quesada and his eschewed views about marriage pretty much run the show. Stan Lee was so disgusted that he completely disregarded the decision and so Peter and MJ stay married in his newspaper comic.

When The Man has expressed his utter displeasure, you know you seriously fucked up. Yet Quesada never got the hint because he didn't care.
It's not hard to see that they'd want to bring some of Amazing Spider-Man closer back to how it used to be (like before he got a power upgrade and organic web shooters, the latter of which I'm fine with) but it seemed like such a waste to suddenly pretend all of his relationships that had been built up over years suddenly never existed.

It also just played hell with the story, because Civil War crossed over into nearly every storyline, and Spider-Man unmasking and joining Iron Man (his aniki~) was such a critical and poignant moment in the arc. The reboot would break so many things that writers would have no choice but to either write bad, forced retcons or avoid the issue altogether (meaning: never bring up Spidey's identity again, and have him crack jokes all the time. Now everything is A-OK!)

And what's this about Quesada and his views on marriage?

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Let's just say that married super-heroes just aren't cool enough. He also did the same thing to Cyclops and Jean Grey.

mewarmo990
May 18th, 2012, 02:20 AM
I thought Cyclops was married to Emma Frost? Or not quite?

Like I said, I'm super behind. That whole thing with Wolverine having a falling out and restarting the school for the kids sounded cool, though.

Chaos Greyblood
May 18th, 2012, 02:21 AM
If I remember correctly, Cyke and Jean tied the knot around 1993, just a while after Fatal Atractions ended. And I'm not talking about the movie.

Fingolfin
May 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Let's just say that married super-heroes just aren't cool enough. He also did the same thing to Cyclops and Jean Grey.

Quesada is just jealous because he can't get any of that sweet booty.

"If I can't have it! NOBODY CAN!"

-Quesada: The Cock Blocker

He's a real life super-villain.

lilithsama
May 20th, 2012, 12:01 AM
AWWWWWWWWW SHIIT SON
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hilarious-random-photos-20.jpg?w=500&h=333

Theocrass
May 20th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Kinda cool.

BananaShiki
May 20th, 2012, 12:10 AM
So OP

lantzblades
May 20th, 2012, 12:16 AM
but the One More Day/Brand New Day Spider-Man reboot was

a pile of continuity errors and selfish bs, joey Q even used the what if comics to bs explain that OMD had to happen.

like before he got a power upgrade and organic web shooters

they were built into his continuity over 3 years. the other made sense and was awesome as was him becoming a damn teacher. he gave his old shooters to MJ

in short fuck joey Q with an iron stick

Elf
May 24th, 2012, 12:50 AM

Well, I'll argue that Jean and Scott were starting to get rocky for a long time now. Plus I really, really like Scott and Emma.

Plus Wolverine x Jean Grey forever.

As for Bats?

Talia was all sorts of crazy. Never anything good would come of that.

Catwoman, oh man, I gotta tell you, I love the Batman/Catwoman dynamic. I always have and I always will.

And Wonder Woman x Batman? Just worked on so many levels.

Damn you Batman Beyond for killing the ships.

lilithsama
May 24th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Catwoman and Wonder Woman are too independent though, I don't think they'd be able to take anything long-lasting like that
or be able to handle that kind of "pampered" life-style
especially Wonder Woman, since shes from the Amazons

Chaos Greyblood
May 24th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Catwoman may have some privilieges, but she's definitely not pampered. I once read a MGS3 fanfic about the ending of the game that featured Big Boss and the line where he said that 'EVA may have had my body, but you (The Boss) will always have my soul)." I think that applies what I just said about Bruce, Selina and Talia.

Also, in case no one knew about it and the others want to hear it, I'll say it. Terry McInnis is canon. Start smiling.

Blue
May 24th, 2012, 04:41 AM
McGinnis.

lilithsama
May 26th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I WILL FOLD YOU LIKE PAPER!!!

http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/2/2f/Bane.jpg

i luv bane

Elf
May 27th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Bane's cool when done right.

However, Batman just has the coolest rogue's gallery ever.

And dear god Mr. Freeze . . .

lilithsama
May 27th, 2012, 02:32 AM
However, Batman just has the coolest rogue's gallery ever.

this
SO THIS

and why i love Batman so much

like that dude from Venture Brothers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Toys8HTYWQc)

And dear god Mr. Freeze . . .

f*cking Dini owned that shit (well he owns nearly everything Batman)

.........and then Schumacher crapped on it...and everything =_=

Elf
May 27th, 2012, 02:41 AM
f*cking Dini owned that shit (well he owns nearly everything Batman)

.........and then Schumacher crapped on it...and everything =_=

Yeah, a lot of Batman and other comic book writers will speak freely about how the Animated series is the definitive Batman.

The coolest thing about Mr. Freeze is they took someone who had become a gag character and made him interesting, gave him a very valid motive, and utterly heartbreaking in the process.

Then "Batman and Robin" came out and was an utter train wreck with nipples on the batsuits.

lilithsama
May 27th, 2012, 02:49 AM
and bat-credit cards =_=

and yeah Mr. Freeze was (at least for a brief period) incredibly hearbreaking/wrending
like seriously, one of the best written villains in the show, and probably had the best motive out of ANYONE

and then he became nothing but austrian ice-puns =_=

also i keep remembering this pic of guidelines for Gotham Employers, and showing how NOT to fire was dude flipping off Fries and shooting his wife (in the tube)

EDIT
sorry if im just repeating the same shiz you just said, im tired as fuck and coming off of tequila drunk =_=

mangafreak7793
May 27th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Batman beyond kill that for me....

Was always more of a zatanna fan though though wonder woman and cat woman are a close second.

Batman why do you have such sexy women around but not do anything about it.

Chaos Greyblood
May 28th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Yeah, a lot of Batman and other comic book writers will speak freely about how the Animated series is the definitive Batman.

The coolest thing about Mr. Freeze is they took someone who had become a gag character and made him interesting, gave him a very valid motive, and utterly heartbreaking in the process.

Then "Batman and Robin" came out and was an utter train wreck with nipples on the batsuits.

So much that they actually reworked Mr. Freeze's origin completely after they realized that there is really a lot of depth in his character and went with it from here. Hell, his debut episode even won a freaking Emmy! And his end in Batman Beyond was also rather sympathetic. He really is the coldest killer of them all, though.

And well, all those crazy puns by Arnie kinda reminded me of the 1960s show, which is why in a way it's always good for a laugh. XDDDDD

Also, I think I'm gonna totally come across as a pervy-perv here, but this is only one of the very few things why I'd stick around Batman and Robin long enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o7GhNhEHjM&amp;list=FL7XIJ3OKzXE7owygdZDhXkQ&amp; feature=mh_lolz

Damn me to Hell and back, Alicia Silverstone's crotch was hawt and lovely! She had a cute butt too, even though a few people thought she had a bit of weight in there. I'd rather see that than the Bat-nipples, damn me! Oddly enough, there were definitely no bat-nipples on the Batgirl suit because of double standards and crap like that. The other reason was seeing Uma Thurman looking sexy on that green spandex suit during Mr. Freeze's escape from Arkham scene.

Come to think of it, doesn't it strike any of you as rather... eerie that Alfred already had Barbara's right measurements for her suit, even though that's a fascimile on the Bat-computer? And yes, I'm aware he had done the suits for Bruce and Dick here. :P

Damn me to Hell, that shot Alicia Silverstone's crotch was damn hot and lovely! Her ass was cute too, even if a few people thought she had a bit of weight in. Cu

Theocrass
May 29th, 2012, 03:19 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyf39yiLTd1r2rxz9.png
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/047/7/7/fighting_evil_by_moonlight_by_wallabri-d39q25a.jpg
WINNING LOVE BY DAYLIGHT
NEVER RUNNING FROM A REAL FIGHT
HE IS THE ONE CALLED SAILOR BATMAN.
HE IS THE NIGHT!

ItsaRandomUsername
May 29th, 2012, 04:06 AM
...a DARK KNIGHT?

:neco_arc:

Chaos Greyblood
May 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I think I remember seeing a pic in Facebook which shows us Batman's worst nightmare... and it's Ozzy Osbourne biting the heads off of bats.

Hen_Ichi
June 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mai waifu?!
XD

http://youtu.be/ASQqjK47c04

RanmaBushiko
June 25th, 2012, 03:47 AM
I'm definitely excited to see The Dark Knight Rises. I own both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, as well as the 1989 Batman. And I saw most of the movies, as well. All but Batman Returns, anyways. Was that any good?

Chaos Greyblood
June 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Batman Returns is rather good. Maybe not as legendary as Batman, but still good.

lilithsama
July 13th, 2012, 09:09 PM
onii got super hyped watching Rises trailers today, kaasan mentioned how alot of theatres are already sold out
long story short, ended up getting IMAX tickets for a 3 30am showing on the 19th/20th

=_=

Laith
July 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
At least you can watch it before. The early screenings in here are when I am out of the city and I have to wait like three days before watching it ('cause again I'm out of the city).

lilithsama
July 13th, 2012, 11:08 PM
i have no qualms about watching it at that time

just ugh... i was supposed to see it with someone else first...

i might just give the ticket to otouto or let onii take one of his friends..

Crying_Vegeta
July 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
A bat is fine too.

lilithsama
July 15th, 2012, 08:58 PM
http://blog.geeksaresexytech.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/batman-name.jpg

mine is Batman

Crying_Vegeta
July 15th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Batnam

lilithsama
July 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
they do have a point (http://www.cracked.com/video_18440_the-awful-secret-implied-by-dark-knight-trilogy.html)

lilithsama
July 16th, 2012, 10:22 PM
sorry to double post but YESSSSSS NEW FRONT PAGE FILMS B-MAN
these crack me the f*ck up (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6797424/batman-meets-two-face)

lilithsama
July 19th, 2012, 04:36 PM
uugghhh triple posting but SEEEING IT TONIGHTTTT
SO HYPPPEEE

SOOOOOOO HYYYYPPPPEEEE

Ace
July 20th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Saw this last night. Shit was cash.

lilithsama
July 20th, 2012, 09:14 PM
still trying to gather all my thoughts on it
but

JESUS CHRIST
THAT SHIT WAS EEEPPPPPICCCCCC

although now im pissed as shit that Heath Ledger died =3=
if this was the movie we got without him, uughhh thinking of how it would be with the Joker
.....i dont think my body could handle it

Techlet
July 20th, 2012, 11:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/r2qF9.gif

lilithsama
July 20th, 2012, 11:36 PM
yeah
pretty much

when i thought they were killing him i was like "it would take an atom bomb to kill the batman"
although the whole bomb thing kinda felt.. like it was too much, but they did make it make sense (kinda)

Ace
July 20th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Confirmed Catwoman x Batman. Best way to end it.

Techlet
July 20th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Confirmed Catwoman x Batman. Best way to end it.

Hell yes.

lilithsama
July 20th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I know alot of people are butthurt about Anne Hathaway being catwoman
but theres a reason she won that f*cking role

she OWNED it

Chaos Greyblood
July 21st, 2012, 12:04 AM
I'll see it no sooner it hits town.

Ace
July 21st, 2012, 12:14 AM
I know alot of people are butthurt about Anne Hathaway being catwoman
but theres a reason she won that f*cking role

she OWNED it

You could tell she would be an awesome Catwoman from the first scene.

lilithsama
July 21st, 2012, 09:06 PM
being fumbly maid, eh i have a feeling a lot of people were rolling their eyes and being like "oh god i knew it," then that f*cking "oops"
gaaawwwdd that just sent shivers down my spine it was so good

Crying_Vegeta
July 22nd, 2012, 12:43 AM
I canut wait to see th daerk Kniht.

Lycodrake
July 23rd, 2012, 09:31 PM
Just say it.
Daaaaaaamn. I was not expecting some of that at all.
Also: as a reader of the comics, not just a watcher of the cartoons or old movies, I have to say Anne Hathaway did a wonderful job portraying both sides of Selena Kyle/Catwoman. Seriously. Daaaamn.
...I don't think I'm going to stop saying this for a while.

lilithsama
July 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
thats all i could say for like .. 2 days after ive seen it

Lycodrake
July 23rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
thats all i could say for like .. 2 days after ive seen it
It'll take me longer to not say it.

lilithsama
July 23rd, 2012, 09:48 PM
still debating whether i liked it more than Dark Knight or not though..

granted I did just see dark knight for the first time like... 2 weeks ago?
3?
whenever the 4th was

hrmm... i think its more like Dark Knight is more ...important?
and DKR is moar EPICCCC, although some of that shit the nuclear bomb felt a bit overdone
although I know Nolan was trying to make a (political) point so eh

Techlet
July 24th, 2012, 12:44 AM
TDKR had more scope. TDK had a tighter plot and Heath Ledger.

lilithsama
July 24th, 2012, 12:47 AM
....i really wanna see "original" DKR now ;^;
or at least get a better idea of what he was planning

UUGHHH been driving me nuts thinking about how much it could have been, seeing how much it was already... ARRGHHH

Five_X
July 24th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Sadly, whenever I see "DK" in any circumstance I will never be able to think of anything but Donkey Kong, for some reason. Great movie, though. I almost never go to theatres, but this time I did.

Arashi_Leonhart
July 24th, 2012, 01:03 AM
After digesting this movie for a day, as I saw it yesterday, my feeling is thus:

Why didn't they just name the guy Tim Drake instead of John Blake? Or even Terry McGiness?

Otherwise, I very much enjoyed it. Although, truth be told, because of the feel of it and the pacing, I have the sneaking suspicion I won't rewatch it multiple times like I have TDK.

Also, Anne Hathahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnng

Theunderbolt
July 24th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Probably because it would have given to much away.

Arashi_Leonhart
July 24th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Except with how they actually addressed him, it really wouldn't. You hear "Blake" all of once or twice early on, otherwise he pretty much goes unnamed or keeps getting called by his title. I think it would've worked out as a better nod, especially because of the detective work he does.

Lycodrake
July 24th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Have to agree with Arashi here. On both the name part, and the HHHNNNGGG-

ItsaRandomUsername
July 24th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I saw this. I must say it lived up to the hype and I was satisfied with the ending.

Comissioner Gordon was a boss. Blake was quite likeable, especially with that ending scene where Blake - as "Robin" - is pretty much going to become "Nightwing" .

Bummed about Ledger's death because a Joker cameo (at the very least, but in the original script he would have?????) would have made the movie even betterer.

And ohhh man Bane's theme played in every other scene he was in and it never got old for me. Hans Zimmer, you music all sounds alike but it's still sooo goood. Interesting choice for his voice, but I think it helped the role rather than hindered. The jumping scene where Bruce escaped the prison was, I thought, particularly poignant.

Everyone in the theater started laughing like crazy when Batman started yelling "WHERE IS ______ ?!" Some people seem to have appreciated the ascended meme.

Baaaatplaaaaane. Tumbler-jacking. Selina Kyle on the cycle.

THE TWIST ZOMG Ra's al Ghul's daughter I completely forgot about her from the comics hooooooly

Anne Hathaway is hothothothot already, so since she nailed Catwoman I was pleasantly charmed. Batman x Catwoman is the way you leave Batman. Yes. Yes.

tl;dr IRUn loved the movie. Not as much as Dark Knight, but it was still solid, solid, solid 99.9999999%. Immensely satisfying.

lilithsama
July 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Spoiler tag mehn

Techlet
July 25th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Deshi Deshi Basara Basara makes everything better.

lilithsama
July 25th, 2012, 02:22 AM
i thought it was deshay?

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXEd2Q5KjY&feature=related
added proof

Five_X
July 25th, 2012, 02:48 AM
At first, I thought that Bane was played by a buff Patrick Stewart.

True story.

Char
July 26th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Well he is Patrick Stewarts clone........(get it?)

Just saw the movie, it blew my mind, amazing, loved everyone in it, the thing with Blake at the end was so good. I pefered the Jokerover Bane, but overall I think DKR is slightly better overall. Can't wait tillthe three movie boxset comes out. Now the movie I am looking forward to is The Hobbit.

lilithsama
July 26th, 2012, 02:38 AM
They spammed the HELL out of that trailer while we were waiting in line

..i am way more excited about it than I was for LOTR, mainly cus that book/cartoon were MAH CHILDHOOD

also eh, i unno, i think i kinda do like Rises more (now), ..just i still feel DK was more poignant

Char
July 26th, 2012, 03:13 AM
They didn't even show the trailer once for me, all I got was Superman, The Expendables 2.
Same here, I remember when I was like 9, my brother read the entire Hobbit/LoTR to me. I was quite the feat. I'm more excited for this mainly cause when Lotr came out, I was like 8 or something. Im pretty pumped for it.

I get what you mean about DK having something that DKR doesn't. Its hard to explain, It may be Joker's unique way of messing with the Batman, but overall I DKR was better,the ending especially, wow. I kinda want them to do a JGL spin-off.

Arashi_Leonhart
July 26th, 2012, 03:14 AM
I have to agree on the ending, the final shot gave me chills.

lilithsama
July 26th, 2012, 03:33 AM
they didnt show any trailers before the movie, prolly cus it was imax late night so they wanted to show it asap
but outside they had like 3 diff tvs and one on the wall playing a loop of trailers for frankenweenie, expendables 2, dkr, and the hobbit
mighta been another one in there but meh

and I think RIses did a better job of tying everything togehter
except the joker
out of all the loose ends they adressed they left one of the most important out =_=
and yeah we know its cus of Ledger's death, but ehy should have adressed it somehow, or you know, at least mention it but no =_=

and from what i understand they are doing a reboot pretty damn soon (so they can tie it into the Justice League movie they wanna make =_=)
im just hoping to god JGL will have the sense to stay away from it
although given his acting choices i dont think i really need to worry about it

Theocrass
July 26th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Personally, I approve of that decision.

Joker's story was over, there was no need to answer every little question the fans might have.

Also, Bane was a beast and the movie was awesome.

lilithsama
July 26th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I realize it was over, but originally it wasnt intended to be, Nolan didnt intend it to be and pretty much left DK open so he could finish it up in Rises
..like DK was just supposed to be a lead in, or like an "appetizer" for what was to come
whatd they do at the end? catch him? put him in jail? theyd already shown IN THE MOVIE that jail doesnt mean SHIT to him

hell this mother f*cker just busts out whenever the hell he wants, whether hes in arkham or prison, hes pretty much just there cus he wants to be and leaves whenever the hell he wants

even with all he did in DK i highly doubt he was or would be done
so it would be nice to have at least heard some mention of him

terraablaze
July 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Scarecrow gets two cameos. Joker not even mentioned once. Life isn't fair.

lilithsama
July 27th, 2012, 03:49 PM
well, to be fair, Nolan pretty much has a hard-on for Cillian Murphy

Char
July 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I noticed how Inception and The Batman trilogy share a lot of people. Hans Zimmer (amazing score), JGL, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, The chick who plays Dicaprio's wife. I guess he likes those people?

Five_X
July 27th, 2012, 06:03 PM
At first, I thought that Bane was played by a buff Patrick Stewart.

True story.

This just in: theory totally works, since I realized that Tom Hardy (the actor who played Bane, of course) also played Shinzon, a Romulan clone of Picard in Star Trek: Nemesis.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Char
July 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Well he is Patrick Stewarts clone........(get it?)

Just saw the movie, it blew my mind, amazing, loved everyone in it, the thing with Blake at the end was so good. I pefered the Jokerover Bane, but overall I think DKR is slightly better overall. Can't wait tillthe three movie boxset comes out. Now the movie I am looking forward to is The Hobbit.

This just in: theory totally works, since I realized that Tom Hardy (the actor who played Bane, of course) also played Shinzon, a Romulan clone of Picard in Star Trek: Nemesis.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

I said that too!, I thought you set it up on purpose aswell

Five_X
July 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Lol, I wasn't thinking of Nemesis. I try not to. :P

Mcjon01
July 28th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Yaaaah two more hours and then after that I can come back and click through all the spoiler boxes I'm sure this topic is filled with.

Waited a bit too long to buy my ticket, though, so I'm practically making out with the screen haha.

Mcjon01
July 28th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Oooohhhh maaaan that ending

Totally saw "the child" being Talia and Bane being the Bane-sized guy whose face they wouldn't show as soon as they let it slip that it was Ra's Al Ghul's kid, but I slipped up and got surprised by Talia being the boring Not-Catwoman love interest. I suppose they were dropping hints when they were talking about her past in bed, but they were pretty lightweight.

Also, she wasn't hot enough to be Talia. D:

BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS, THAT ENDING, THAT EVERYTHING

R.Lock
July 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
It was epic. It was epic.

But Russian dub was awful -.-

Elf
July 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM
well, to be fair, Nolan pretty much has a hard-on for Cillian Murphy

I have a hard-on for Cillian Murphy in those glasses. Especially when he speaks with his true accent!

And dear god that movie was love. It beat "The Avengers", and I would pretty much suck Joss Whedon's cock if it was presented to me in gratitude for everything he has done. However this time, Nolan beat him.

lilithsama
July 29th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Whedon-Batman

i would pay GOBS to see that

...as long as it didnt get raped like Resurrection did =_=

and Nolan has stated in interview(s) that he LUVS Murhpy's eyes
hell he almost got the role of Batman before Bale came along, but Nolan liked him so much he made him Scarecrow
..and loves his eyes so much he has him take off his glasses as much as possible

Elf
July 29th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Whedon-Batman

i would pay GOBS to see that

...as long as it didnt get raped like Resurrection did =_=

Honestly I would too. Also, did you know that Whedon also threw a pitch for a Batman movie before Nolan got the job? However DC contacted him about the Wonder Woman movie instead, but Whedon didn't like WW.

And after "The Avengers" I think no one is going to fuck with Whedon's scripts again. (The original script to "Resurrection" was rather bad assed.)

and Nolan has stated in interview(s) that he LUVS Murhpy's eyes
hell he almost got the role of Batman before Bale came along, but Nolan liked him so much he made him Scarecrow
..and loves his eyes so much he has him take off his glasses as much as possible

Murphy's eyes are rather beautiful. Just such an intense shade of blue.

. . . I'm rather glad that Bale got the role of Batman over Murphy.

Chaos Greyblood
July 29th, 2012, 01:45 AM
...Even though Bruce's eyes are actually blue? :P

lilithsama
July 29th, 2012, 01:51 AM
frosty-blue~, also he does play a far better villain
and meh bruce/b-man eyes depend on the canon, like theyve been brown afore

and yeah i think i heard that afore (about the Whedon batman)

although even with Avengers success I doubt that will stop studios from raping his scripts =_=
unless hes directing

Arashi_Leonhart
July 29th, 2012, 01:53 AM
If Harry Potter's eyes can be blue, Bruce Wayne's eyes can be whatever color the hell he wants, because he's the goddamn Batman.

Elf
July 29th, 2012, 02:10 AM
...Even though Bruce's eyes are actually blue? :P

In the Animated Series before the redesign, they were brown. Then he was redesigned with icy blue eyes.

Honestly, I'd rather have Bruce have brown eyes. Makes him look different than Clark.

frosty-blue~, also he does play a far better villain
and meh bruce/b-man eyes depend on the canon, like theyve been brown afore

Yeah, I couldn't see Cillian Murphy as Bruce Wayne, and I really couldn't see him as Batman. He lacks that sort of intensity, but he does villain quite well.

and yeah i think i heard that afore (about the Whedon batman)

There was an awesome issue of Wizard where Whedon wrote an article about why he loved Batman. Then he listed his favorite "Batman" movies. He talked about movies that weren't Batman movies, but were very close to what he would like to see in a Batman movie. It was quite interesting. And my love for Whedon grew even more when he waxed poetically about "Mask of the Phantasm".

although even with Avengers success I doubt that will stop studios from raping his scripts =_=
unless hes directing

He's learned from that. He'll either go out and make movies on his own, like the upcoming "Much Ado About Nothing" which was pretty much filmed in his back yard with his actor friends, or make sure he can write and direct. However Whedon is at his best when he is writing and directing.

lilithsama
July 29th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I heard about that, or at least I heard Nathan Fillion go on about it

... i really want to see that, cus it sounds awesome

Elf
July 29th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I heard about that, or at least I heard Nathan Fillion go on about it

... i really want to see that, cus it sounds awesome

Nathan Fillion, the guy who played Simon (Sean Mehr), Wes (Alexis Denihof or Mr. Alyson Hannigan if you prefer) and Fred (Amy Acker) are in it as well. So basically he got all of his old TV buddies involved in sort of a reunion flick.

lilithsama
July 29th, 2012, 03:02 AM
i see nothing wrong with this

Elf
July 29th, 2012, 11:24 PM
i see nothing wrong with this

I pretty much see only goodness. Besides Nathan Fillion and Alexis Deniholf in the same movie together? Daymn.

lilithsama
August 5th, 2012, 12:29 AM
semi-thread revival, kinda-steering-back-on-topic

...okay while I love batman,
WHY
WHY DOES THIS EXIST???
http://i45.tinypic.com/29tmcm.jpg

Techlet
August 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM
The lava rises.

When the power is plugged in, you have my permission to shine.

lilithsama
August 5th, 2012, 12:38 AM
...okay that was awesome

Theocrass
August 5th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Cool lamp.

Elf
August 5th, 2012, 02:22 AM
. . . I want a Batman Lava lamp.

lilithsama
August 5th, 2012, 02:46 AM
if they could get every lava "lump" to look like the batman signal/logo then id be all over it

but since its plain black lava, no =3=

Techlet
August 5th, 2012, 03:24 AM
The Dark Light Rises?

lilithsama
August 6th, 2012, 04:12 AM
prolly better in youtube/wtv thread but ITS BATMAN
IT CAN GOES HERE

plus it made my day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CMxM6oeOoI&feature=g-all-shu

KENTA
August 16th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Just watched DKR today and..........have to say, I wasn't impressed. Probably the weakest of the trilogy.

Chaos Greyblood
August 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Well, I finally watched it last week and I have to say I did like it a lot. Although I think which movie was better in the summer is up to debate because they're rathr close: Avergers or Dark Knight Rises.

I thikn that the movie itself was building up slowly in scale and turned into what you call an epic movie. Tom Hardy did a nice job as Bane or so I felt because he managed to look imposing with all that gear despite standing at 5'10", Gordon-Levitt also had a nice role and we hope to see more great roles for our esteemed Mr. Joseph. It was the end, but I believe it was a great ending.

And god, I have to admit Anne Hattaway did nicely as Catwoman. It seems as though she had come a long way in her career and I think she was actually one of the few Disney girls that turned out all right. Also, that glorious and lovely ass.... =3=

Hen_Ichi
April 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Dat Lego batman robosuit.

Break
April 17th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Are you guys also watching Gotham? As a die-hard Penguin fan, im enjoying this immensely.

LegalLoliLover
April 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Gotham thread here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5240-Gotham/page2

TheInfamousMan
April 20th, 2015, 10:44 AM
DARKNESS!!! NO PARENTS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMI6B734Ew4

Sherrinford
April 22nd, 2015, 01:45 PM
So, I watched Batman vs Robin.

Definitively better than Son of Batman, but it didn't make me like Damian, I still don't like him. Talon on the other hand was an interesting character.

The only things I didn't like is
Batman knocked out for not wearing a breather while walking around in the sewers... *facepalm*

Also the Court of Owls knows this much about Wayne, but not that he's Batman? Yet, it seemed like they knew.

This being said, it's difficult to think that the Court of Owls, which includes the wealthiest members of Gotham, didn't include the Waynes. Also we narrowly avoided Bruce to become The Owl-Man (damn flashbacks :p).