PDA

View Full Version : I just summoned Gil.

Truthwraith
May 20th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Well friends in a rp I'm in we did a random generation of what servants we get. I choose a archer class and I just happened to roll up Gilgamesh on the table. So searching for advice if you summon Gil how do you keep from geting a sword though your vitals? Or in beast lair speak I just summoned the king wat do?

BananaShiki
May 20th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Be Kotomine.

Mcjon01
May 20th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Don't be boring.

ImperialOrder
May 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Well friends in a rp I'm in we did a random generation of what servants we get. I choose a archer class and I just happened to roll up Gilgamesh on the table. So searching for advice if you summon Gil how do you keep from geting a sword though your vitals? Or in beast lair speak I just summoned the king wat do?

"My Mongrels, ask not what your King can do for you, ask what you can do for your King" - Gilgamesh PresidentKing of Babylon States

-Don't use your command seals.
-Don't talk.
-Add My King, My Liege, My Lord and My God, in every sentence when talking to him.
-Be Enkidu
-Tell him he can use the Grail(assuming this is a HGW RP) to resurrect his best bro.
-Insult the enemies of the King, mongrels aren't worthy to hear the King's insult.
-Let him do what ever he wants
-Have a wine collection

TetsuoS2
May 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Enjoy the ride.

Truthwraith
May 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
So in order I need to make a guy who is Kotomine isn't boring Doesn't use command seals. doesn't talk. Adds My King, My Liege, My Lord and My God, in every sentence when talking to him. Is also Enkidu and says he can use the Grail to resurrect his best bro. Also insults the enemies of the King, after all mongrels aren't worthy to hear the King's insult. Lets him do what ever he wants and has wine collection and lastly Enjoys the ride.

So i'm thinking a alternate reality Kotomine who instead of being a priest joined a circus and became a mime who never talks adds Adds My King, My Liege, My Lord and My God in though mime hand motions which he uses to insult the other masters as well. He is also some how the rencarnation of Enkidu and convinces Gilgamesh to wish his best bro back. Lets him do whatever he wants and has a fine wine collection and enjoys the ride. Ok I got it.

Well now thats out of my system thinking so far I will go for a coldish personality too much hot blood around Gil creates dead master. Thinking the best compatablity is some one who also is willing to stand up slightly to him after all not doing anything is boring but too much leads to a dagger in the spine. Needs some more thought but I got a skeletion now. Can't wait for the laughs and pain that will come from this though.

Character: "I have found though pure luck and skill a artifact I belive will win me this war"
Summons Gil
Gil: "Mongrels, Women and Children. Get the gardener if you want to do that"
Character: *qurks eyebrows* "Well that could've gone better....though on second thought that could've went worse"

Apple
May 20th, 2012, 05:51 AM
You need to be a woman, and you need to get in his pants.

aldeayeah
May 20th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Narrative compatibility is more important!

For someone like the King, the ideal companion is a snarky, straight-man type.

Like, you may not stop him from doing dumb stuff, but he can't stop you from pointing it out.

You can also be a woman or child LOLOLOL. The King tends to rape go easy on those.

Yeah, being a child sounds actually like the best idea. You can be like Kogil, a little creepy snarky Mr. Perfect.

If you are a woman, tough as it may sound, the best choice survival-wise might be letting yourself be owned seduced by him. (<-ninja'd by Apple) You can go many ways about that; you may play hard-to-get (be prepared to burn a Command Spell on that though), go all groupie on him la Sola+Diarmuid... Depending on your GM, this may work if you're a guy, too.

Mcjon01
May 20th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Imperial probably gave you bad advice all around, if you're being realistic about it. Gil's going to hate you if you don't levy the proper respect, but at the same time it has to be real and not just an attempt to stroke his ego so he'll do what you want, since he'll probably see through that. Though if you're just a sniveling, awestruck, yes-man toady, he'll probably hate that too. Gotta balance knowing your place and being a unique, useful existence in your own right.

Being interesting basically means, have some kind of distortion that sets you apart from the majority of humanity. Kotomine's "I'm wired wrong so I only find pleasure from evil" thing is the sort of thing Gil finds interesting.

Command spells may be okay if they're used to assist him with a miracle rather than control, but I'd still be wary about doing it without his go-ahead since he'd probably take it as an insult. Should probably just approach him early on to let him know that they're there as an option, should he wish to take advantage of it, and leave it at that.

That's my thoughts on the matter, anyway, don't know how the RP is going to work so it may or may not be useful. If the GM is controlling the Servants then it kind of depends on his interpretation of Gilgamesh, not mine.

Truthwraith
May 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I don't understand about the women comments...are not all men as women to Gilgamesh or is that Archer? Also thanks for the advise so far mainly just want to get my thoughts in order because this is a set up where you don't want to be too far off otherwise lots of pain. Also always play males I just can't get as much into as a female character.

For backstory since I didn't mention it before now its basicly 5th grail war but Shirou died early on as a kid and alot of changes happen from there So each one of us rolls for a random servant and then makes the master....Though that could mean we could have two gils in this if the 4th doesn't change much. Well everything that can go wrong will go wrong.

lol mcjon01 GM would feel about the same as you I imagine he has a remarkable abillity to stay in character something I lack and you're about exact to his personality from what I've seen. Though its been about a few years since I played Fate/stay. Zero is fresh in my mind at least. So its nice to have a refreasher on what personality matches well and how not to die a horrible death.

eddyak
May 20th, 2012, 09:26 AM
If you bore him, he's going to do the absolute minimum he regards as necessary for the Master who summoned him (the king's obligation to the servant), and spend most of his time off doing whatever the hell he wants.

If you interest him, you're tightrope walking on a scalpel's edge, with money, women and awesome falling from the sky. Everything is going to go your way, right up until you put your foot wrong, and you get bisected, or fall to your death. He'll be taking an interest in what you're doing, but if he's seen it before, his interest is going to fade quickly.

aldeayeah
May 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM
You can also go the "tempting fate" way, and be Shirou or as similar to Shirou as you can.

Nortan the Bunny
May 20th, 2012, 11:39 PM
So, I'm guessing the Command Spells are the only restraining bolt that you have? Anyways, I would definitely hold onto one of them just in case the worst case happens, and you need a way to deal with Gil. Besides that, I've got nothing. How does he feel towards you right now?

Seika
May 20th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Try to keep hold of two - Gil is quite able to shrug one off. Not necessarily without penalty, but he can do it.

ChronoReverse
May 21st, 2012, 02:09 AM
I would honestly use all three CS to just make him die and forfeit the Grail War. Gilgamesh is the strongest servant but good luck surviving to the end of the war.

food
May 21st, 2012, 02:20 AM
I would honestly use all three CS to just make him die and forfeit the Grail War. Gilgamesh is the strongest servant but good luck surviving to the end of the war.

I don't think the Grail would choose you to be a Master in the first place, with such a pessimistic attitude, lol.

Tangerang
May 21st, 2012, 02:21 AM
Be small, petite, cute, and blonde, gender doesn't matter.

NZXT
May 21st, 2012, 05:21 AM
"My Mongrels, ask not what your King can do for you, ask what you can do for your King" - Gilgamesh PresidentKing of Babylon States

-Don't use your command seals.
-Don't talk.
-Add My King, My Liege, My Lord and My God, in every sentence when talking to him.
-Be Enkidu
-Tell him he can use the Grail(assuming this is a HGW RP) to resurrect his best bro.
-Insult the enemies of the King, mongrels aren't worthy to hear the King's insult.
-Let him do what ever he wants
-Have a wine collection
This.

You need to be a woman, and you need to get in his pants.
Enkidu wasn't a woman.

Gaterjhonz
May 21st, 2012, 05:49 AM
Enkidu wasn't a woman.

HE certainly passes for one.

NZXT
May 21st, 2012, 06:08 AM
HE certainly passes for one.
So did I.

Apple
May 21st, 2012, 06:31 AM
You were a good trap, but nobody will ever be as good in gil's eyes as enkidu. Unless you can wrestle divine bulls into submission and that kind of stuff lol

NZXT
May 21st, 2012, 06:44 AM
Oh, no, I'll never reach Enkidu's ankle's.

Anyone who can lie on their death bed, and lament only over the fact that their most cherished person will no longer have someone who understands them earns deep respect from me.

Lancelot
May 21st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Dude you forgot the most important thing,
Don't EVER walk in circles!

NZXT
May 21st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Or nonchalantly shake wine glasses.

Also, stay away from Projection Magic.

Truthwraith
May 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
I'm guessing he shouldn't be a NEET that lives in his basment for the entire war either.

Verg Avesta
May 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Be something he does not own.

Instant Gil-interest!

Kotollama
May 22nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Be Kotomine.

Be Kotonorris.

Never boring.

Crying_Vegeta
May 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Ask him to teach you about that orphan-riding game (http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section1/tr1814.htm#para11) he used to force his subjects to play.

Maybe dont ask him about the part where he cried when the gods took mercy on his subjects and tossed his ball and stick into the netherworld.

Erlkonig
June 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Be Kotonorris.

Never boring.

I support this idea fully.

HiguraShiki
June 3rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Why, compliment his epic voice of course!

PyrusofCinder
June 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
-Be equally as much of a dick
-Have a metric shit-ton of wine
-Sweet Jesus, don't tell him what to do
-Never use Command Seals

terraablaze
June 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Reborn the thread.

Crying_Vegeta
June 30th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It LIVES

DestinedFateX
July 1st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Use your Command Spell to force Gilgamesh into watching 2girls1cup: Extended Edition. As a reward for this heinous act, you should die as mongrel you truly are.