PDA

View Full Version : "Sakura's Got it Going On"

DragoZERO
March 23rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Want to talk about anything related to Sakura? Enjoy. Spoilers abound!

http://i.imgur.com/z44ed.jpg

Mcjon01
March 23rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
99% chance this thread actually increases Sakura levels in all other threads over Beast's Lair baseline, calling it now.

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Sakura already has a fanclub thread, why is this necessary?

ItsaRandomUsername
March 23rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Sakura in mah Kagetsu Tohya discussion? More likely than you think.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah, you know this isn't going to actually work, right?

Sakura is relevant to the rest of the story, so she's going to come up in the other threads whether you like it or not. And, when she does, the discussion will inevitably continue in that thread, because that's just so much easier, and also because, oddly enough, Sakura does actually matter to other topics.

Also, the thread you're referring to is not in any way "off-topic", because we're discussing whether UBW is a "proper Rin route" and what would constitute a "proper Rin route". Just because Sakura happens to be involved in that conversation it doesn't mean you can automatically banish it to some special "Sakura thread".

TypeWannabe
March 23rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
THIS IS FINALLY TURNING INTO BS. Drago, you just CAN'T compartmentalize BL! It's not right, man, and it's very disrespectful of people's personal rights. You can't expect us to just solely talk about the one thing in each thread. I know, cus I've been there! I still remember arguing futilely about getting back on topic in the old "Mind of Steel Shirou: How does it go?" thread.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Well, it's more than that. I mean, how would people react if I made a thread for all Rin discussions, and said that anything about Rin should be posted there? Or Saber, or Ilya, or Rider, or...?

When people make threads like this, they're doing so on the assumption that Sakura fans and mentions of her can be "contained" within a small bubble that is independant of the rest of FSN, and then the fans who don't care about her can continue discussing the rest of the story and eulogising the UBW endings without being troubled by questions like "well, what happens to Sakura?" But, it doesn't work that way. As much as some of the fandom would like to think otherwise, Sakura does matter to the story as a whole, and you cannot compartmentalise her scenarios and discussions into their own seperate part of the forum fron the rest of the game.

DragoZERO
March 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
THIS IS FINALLY TURNING INTO BS. Drago, you just CAN'T compartmentalize BL! It's not right, man, and it's very disrespectful of people's personal rights. You can't expect us to just solely talk about the one thing in each thread. I know, cus I've been there! I still remember arguing futilely about getting back on topic in the old "Mind of Steel Shirou: How does it go?" thread.Well, I am going to try this once. And this is only because it's Sakura.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Well, I am going to try this once.

Try what? Forcing us to pretend that every topic in FSN is totally distinct from every other one and that there is no cross-over at all? Try to make us pretend that Sakura and Rin are only actually sisters in HF, and that she and her fate are entirely unimportant in the other routes?

And this is only because it's Sakura.

OK, what do you mean by this?

Gilgamesh
March 23rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Well, it's silly to think that all conversation or even arguments where Sakura is involved should be forced into this thread. However, let's be honest, we all know that at certain times Sakura becomes the focus of a conversation she should not be the focus of, and that will then ruin the actual topic/conversation for everybody else. Therefore, I think there is some merit in the idea to have a place where Sakura arguments/conversations can be redirected to when they no longer serve the purpose of the original conversation or are making the topic less fun for other people. I only say this because when the Sakura arguments I was a part of a few days ago happened, multiple people openly said they don't like posting in the General section because that always happens, and that's bullshit. Type-Moon fans should not feel they cannot have fun and post in the Type-Moon section because it always becomes Sakura bitching and trolling.

So, yeah, this thread's purpose comes close to just sounding like a fan-club, and forcing people to direct ALL mentions of Sakura here is a ridiculous notion. But I think the base idea has merit, and the mods SHOULD stop any conversation or argument that both gets too far away from the original conversation of the thread AND makes other people not want to bother posting. Be they just stop it altogether or redirect it somewhere like here, the idea does have merit.

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
It's pretty much impossible to stop threads going off-topic.

I wouldn't really want to, anyway. If someone posts something interesting and discussion-worthy about the original topic, we'll go back to it. If not, oh well.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry, but I don't see why Sakura conversations should be given different treatment from any others and be forced into their own special thread if they're "off-topic". GD goes off topic all the time, and unless the mods intend to crack down on that more generally (and I agree with Koto that doing so is not really desirable), I don't see why Sakura-related off-topicness should be treated any differently from other off-topicness.

Not that having a thread for discussing Sakura is necessarily bad, mind you, I just think that, if Drago expects it to reduce the amount of Sakura-related off-topicness in the forum as a whole he's going to be very disappointed....

Gilgamesh
March 23rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
No, I don't think being off-topic is necessarily a bad thing, but what is a bad thing is that I see a bunch of people that seem both fun and enjoyable saying they can't post here and enjoy the forum because every conversation becomes the same exact argument. I'm not saying I have some magical way of fixing the problem or that this is topic itself in it's current form and goals is a smart idea. But I do understand the desire behind the making of the topic, and I think the desire itself has merit.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Every conversation doesn't become the "exact same argument", we just have various discussions that happen to involve Sakura. Your friends obviously can't cope with the concept that Sakura is actually an important (and, unfortunately, controversial) part of FSN, and not some bit-part character who happened to get given her own route.

I'm not willing to accept the idea of Sakura-related off-topicness being treated any differently from other off-topicness. Either all off-topicness is wrong, or Sakura-related off-topicness is just as fine as any other kind. And, if it's the second, then this thread is unlikely to have the intended purpose....

Gilgamesh
March 23rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
I'm talking about people saying things here, not people I know. I'm just repeating and reacting to the things I see said here. Don't jump to conclusions and automatically think that since somebody doesn't want every conversation to become about Sakura that they must hate her. I'm not going to get into an argument with you, Mike. I'm just saying that I think the desire behind the creation of this topic has merit, even if the topic itself isn't the best way to go about it and will likely either just be ignored or turned into one specific argument and eventually die.

Keyne
March 23rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm talking about people saying things here, not people I know. I'm just repeating and reacting to the things I see said here. Don't jump to conclusions and automatically think that since somebody doesn't want every conversation to become about Sakura that they must hate her. I'm not going to get into an argument with you, Mike. I'm just saying that I think the desire behind the creation of this topic has merit, even if the topic itself isn't the best way to go about it and will likely either just be ignored or turned into one specific argument and eventually die.

Well, you are perhaps right that the intent isn't bad, but like you say it's simply not going to work, and further I don't see why Sakura-related OOCness is any worse than other OOCness.

Gilgamesh
March 23rd, 2011, 05:07 PM
I don't see why Sakura-related OOCness is any worse than other OOCness.

It isn't. It's just that it's the most common and the one that becomes thread-ruining arguments with trolling and bitching the fastest, so it's the one most people see as a problem. Of course if you make just ONE topic something you can't go off-topic with while others you can okay, people are then going to complain about how unfair that is. That's why I'm not a mod, my reaction would just be to stop conversations that seem to be ruining the topic at hand, and it seems people would only then get upset about that as well. But, as a member of the forum, I can indeed understand both the desire to make a topic like this work AND the reasons why it never will. It was worth a shot, though, I guess.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Well, the thing is, BL always goes horribly off-topic. On the old forums, if a thread was on topic by page 5 or 6, it was doing pretty well. Sakura may well be a common topic for derailment, but like you said trying to restrict specifically Sakura-related off-topicness is just going to piss people (read: me) off, especially since she's an important character, and trying to limit off-topicness in general would go against the general intent of the majority of the forumites.

Gilgamesh
March 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Well, the thing is, BL always goes horribly off-topic. On the old forums, if a thread was on topic by page 5 or 6, it was doing pretty well. Sakura may well be a common topic for derailment, but like you said trying to restrict specifically Sakura-related off-topicness is just going to piss people (read: me) off, especially since she's an important character, and trying to limit off-topicness in general would go against the general intent of the majority of the forumites.

Oh, I know. lol

I didn't have this particular name, but I was around the old BL from time to time. I joined a very long time ago, but only popped up once every few months. I know how off-topic things got and how often they became arguments about the heroines. And, to be honest, it bugged me from time to time, but I'm generally not the type of person to make a big deal out of something just because it bugged me. I do think it is a shame that I saw several people saying they can't enjoy posting in this section because of the Sakura arguments, but I also don't intend to pretend I have a legitimate solution to that problem either. At least not one that doesn't then in turn make the forum less fun for other people, while taking away the nature of the community. As I said, there is a reason I have never been a mod before.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Well, honestly, the people who say that are idiots. If they don't like such arguments, then they should just not read them.

Keyne
March 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

Shikieiki
March 23rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
Everybody already knows almost everything about Sakura.
This thread can/ will be the cause of infinite flame wars.

IMO, this thread is useless.

Gilgamesh
March 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Well, honestly, the people who say that are idiots. If they don't like such arguments, then they should just not read them.

... aaaannnnd, you make a reasonable and peaceful conversation hostile again.
*sigh*

Well, I'll drop out of it once more, then. But I'll leave it at; "it's hard to not read them (the Sakura arguments) when they are happening in topics for conversations you DID want to have, that are unrelated to Sakura". They aren't idiots because they didn't expect a Sakura argument to be happening in a topic for something where a Sakura argument wouldn't logically occur.

But, whatever.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Well, but even so the arguments don't just magically appear. They start at some point, and then that person can stop reading the thread.

And, honestly, I find it highly objectionable that people should have such a problem with one of the main characters of the game being talked about (as opposed to off-topicness more generally), to the point that they don't "enjoy" posting because she gets mentioned outside clearly marked Sakura threads with a special Sakura picture on the main forum and a default Cherry Blossom background....

Shikieiki
March 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Stop with the fucking fanaticism people.
There's already the Sakura's fanclub and group to discuss this trivial matters.

At this rate, we will have a thread for every fucking character, and a fucking flame war everyday till the apocalypse.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, and you seem to be trying your hardest to start one here, too....

Keyne
March 23rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mike, just this once, let go of your competetive spirit and let this thread fade into nothingness.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
I am, hence why I mostly ignored Void's blatent flamebaiting....

Shikieiki
March 23rd, 2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah, and you seem to be trying your hardest to start one here, too....

Absolute wrong.
The groups have a option to create threads within them. It's more useful to create this kind of topic there.
Mike1984, you know i like Sakura.

But i can't put up with discussions like "atheists versus christians"

Cruor
March 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
I don't think we even have enough users for a thread for every character the idea is ridiculous. I personally don't even want to bother to look in the game discussion threads.

Well, to be honest, we kinda did. Remember the CM3 thread? As long as we didn't have new information handed out by arai (which only happened every week/other week) we'd be discussing something else entirely.

Saradin
March 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
You know, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was stupid, but now I think it might have a good use. If we could tell people who get into a long debate about Sakura to take it to the Sakura thread, in the same manner how we tell people who argue about power levels to take it to the VS. thread, I think it serve a good purpose.

Though, I don't think it will really catch on like that.

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
People always tell Mike "make a Sakura thread for your Sakura argument lolol", and he always says no.

So that won't work.

DragoZERO
March 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Well, the thing is, BL always goes horribly off-topic. On the old forums, if a thread was on topic by page 5 or 6, it was doing pretty well. Sakura may well be a common topic for derailment, but like you said trying to restrict specifically Sakura-related off-topicness is just going to piss people (read: me) off, especially since she's an important character, and trying to limit off-topicness in general would go against the general intent of the majority of the forumites.You need to stop focusing in on the old forums. This a new start. There is no reason not to better ourselves and better the discussions. Encourage more activity and invite new users to join.

Oh, I know. lol

I didn't have this particular name, but I was around the old BL from time to time. I joined a very long time ago, but only popped up once every few months. I know how off-topic things got and how often they became arguments about the heroines. And, to be honest, it bugged me from time to time, but I'm generally not the type of person to make a big deal out of something just because it bugged me. I do think it is a shame that I saw several people saying they can't enjoy posting in this section because of the Sakura arguments, but I also don't intend to pretend I have a legitimate solution to that problem either. At least not one that doesn't then in turn make the forum less fun for other people, while taking away the nature of the community. As I said, there is a reason I have never been a mod before.You sir, have a very level head. I commend you. The Sakura discussion does get into everything and ruins so much.

If someone made a thread about Aerith from Final Fantasy VII and said she is the most tragic heroine they have ever encountered, I can bet you someone on here will bring up Sakura.

You know, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was stupid, but now I think it might have a good use. If we could tell people who get into a long debate about Sakura to take it to the Sakura thread, in the same manner how we tell people who argue about power levels to take it to the VS. thread, I think it serve a good purpose.

Though, I don't think it will really catch on like that.That can be one use of this topic, yes. It's not hard to say "Let's take this to the Sakura thread" and continue there.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
People always tell Mike "make a Sakura thread for your Sakura argument lolol", and he always says no.

So that won't work.

Yeah, see what I said before. I don't see why Sakura-related off-topicness should be dealt with any differently from other off-topicness.

If someone made a thread about Aerith from Final Fantasy VII said she is the most tragic heroine they have ever encountered, I can bet you someone on here will bring up Sakura.

Yes, probably, because it would be relevant. Because Sakura is the most tragic heroine I've ever encountered (IMO, anyway).

Really, examples like that prove my point entirely. People complain about including Sakura in conversations where it's entirely reasonable to do so, which is why I have no intention of making use of this thread. Sakura fans have just as much right to discuss her as other people have a right to discuss their favourite topics, and unless you intend to stop all off-topic conversations, I don't see why we should be singled out just because some idiots think that she's less important that she really is and, thus, wonder why she gets her fair share of discussion.

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
You need to stop focusing in on the old forums. This a new start. There is no reason not to better ourselves and better the discussions. Encourage more activity and invite new users to join.

Oh, so you're the one who gets to decide what's "better" and what should be changed, all on your own, with no input from anyone else.

People are going to post off-topic if the discussion goes that way. Not everyone is going to want to keep everything in your topics. Accept it.

food
March 23rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
What the hell is this?

The thread title is bait and switch.

I thought this thread is about Sakura's booty and lady lumps.

Counterguardian
March 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
This thread.

Dude.

DragoZERO
March 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Oh, so you're the one who gets to decide what's "better" and what should be changed, all on your own, with no input from anyone else.

People are going to post off-topic if the discussion goes that way. Not everyone is going to want to keep everything in your topics. Accept it.I did not say how to better yourself or this forum in that statement. I know things go off topic, but when it comes to Sakura, it's different.

What the hell is this?

The thread title is bait and switch.

I thought this thread is about Sakura's booty and lady lumps.What can I say... I am good with titles. :D

food
March 23rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
Dude.
What?

He put "Sakura's Got It Going on".

In quotation marks.

Obviously it implies the thread is about Sakura's buxom figure.

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Sakura's mom has got it going on.
She's all that I want and I've waited for so long.
Sakura, can't you see? You're just not the girl for me.
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Sakura's mom.

food
March 23rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
I am picturing Kariya singing this.

Curse you Kotonoha.

Curse you.

Counterguardian
March 23rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
What?

He put "Sakura's Got It Going on".

In quotation marks.

Obviously it implies the thread is about Sakura's buxom figure.

Sorry, didn't mean to direct that comment at you. That displeasure was directed at this thread in general (or rather, the premise of the thread).

I'll just leave now.

food
March 23rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
No need to apologize.

I was just using your post as a foil to express my displeasure at the lack of pictures as promised by the thread title.

TypeWannabe
March 23rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Damn it, mike, shouldn't the best thing for all is to let this thread sink into the depths? That way, if some fucktard naive forumite newb tries to redirect a Sakura conversation to this (then dead) thread, you, me, possibly Void can chew his ass to tiny bits and rip him in two starting from the anus up.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
I did not say how to better yourself or this forum in that statement. I know things go off topic, but when it comes to Sakura, it's different.

How is it "different"?

Why the hell is it OK to go off-topic if we're discussing, for example, Rin, but as soon as Sakura gets mentioned we have to be banished to another thread to continue the discussion?

Damn it, mike, shouldn't the best thing for all is to let this thread sink into the depths? That way, if some fucktard naive forumite newb tries to redirect a Sakura conversation to this (then dead) thread, you, me, possibly Void can chew his ass to tiny bits and rip him in two starting from the anus up.

Yeah, true....

lantzblades
March 23rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Sakura's mom.

you're awesome koto. never change.

as to this wibbly wobbly Idea of a thread. it rubbish. keep in mind this is from a guy who constantly has to deal with Sakura being interjected into his works.

sakura is not a poison like you seem you claim. segregation like this like will not make BL better. if a rant derails things too much then a mod has always stepped in, in the past to tell the parties to use pms. likely that will still occur and it works fine.

as to the title food is right. bait and switch, not cool bro.

Keyne
March 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2423/imonitcommander.jpg

TypeWannabe
March 23rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
And even if food and lantz and...some other guy, wais right, that's all the more reason to lock or forget about this thread, as pictures of Sakura can just go into the Cherry Blossom Club.

DragoZERO
March 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Sakura's mom.Yes, that is the source of inspiration.

No need to apologize.

I was just using your post as a foil to express my displeasure at the lack of pictures as promised by the thread title.You can always post pictures if you want to see pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/UPa9es.jpg (http://imgur.com/UPa9e)

sakura is not a poison like you seem you claim. segregation like this like will not make BL better. if a rant derails things too much then a mod has always stepped in, in the past to tell the parties to use pms. likely that will still occur and it works fine.If we can prevent them from stepping in, we should. But perhaps we will have no choice but to put the burden on them.

as to the title food is right. bait and switch, not cool bro.My apologies, it was not my intent to disappoint you.

How is it "different"?

Why the hell is it OK to go off-topic if we're discussing, for example, Rin, but as soon as Sakura gets mentioned we have to be banished to another thread to continue the discussion?
This:

It isn't. It's just that it's the most common and the one that becomes thread-ruining arguments with trolling and bitching the fastest, so it's the one most people see as a problem. Of course if you make just ONE topic something you can't go off-topic with while others you can okay, people are then going to complain about how unfair that is. That's why I'm not a mod, my reaction would just be to stop conversations that seem to be ruining the topic at hand, and it seems people would only then get upset about that as well. But, as a member of the forum, I can indeed understand both the desire to make a topic like this work AND the reasons why it never will. It was worth a shot, though, I guess.
The Sakura discussions do not end. The person who brings her into the conversation is like a brick wall and cannot be reasoned with. If the topic is able to recover or at least move on, it's one thing, but we see so often that nothing will satisfy the Sakura fanatics.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
You can always post pictures if you want to see pictures.

Well, we have a Sakura fanclub thread for that....

If we can prevent them from stepping in, we should. But perhaps we will have no choice but to put the burden on them.

Sakura arguments are no more of a problem than any other off-topic argument. I am not going to have my favourite character treated as a special case or segregated, and pretty much everyone seems to agree with me, even people who themselves have previously complained about me talking too much about Sakura.

The Sakura discussions do not end. The person who brings her into the conversation is like a brick wall and cannot be reasoned with. If the topic is able to recover or at least move on, it's one thing, but we see so often that nothing will satisfy the Sakura fanatics.

Well, tough shit.

I'm not going to stop discussing my favourite character outside of designated "Sakura" threads just because you find it "inconvinient" for me to do so.

Hermitfold
March 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hahahahaha...

To think that the Sakura thread has started a shitstorm abut whether there should be a Sakura thread.

Oh, BL, you never fail to amuse me.

Hyarion
March 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
What, you haven't seen this conversation ten times already?

squall06
March 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/604/1299231093961.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/1299231093961.jpg/)

Hermitfold
March 23rd, 2011, 09:42 PM
What, you haven't seen this conversation ten times already?

I have, but it still amuses me.

Mcjon01
March 23rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
You are all now realizing that this was an intentional troll thread designed to infuriate Mike so much that he can no longer post things about Sakura in other threads because he is so busy writing wall of text posts in this thread about why he should be able to discuss Sakura in other threads, that he simply doesn't have time to post in other threads at all.

eddyak
March 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
It'll never work.

Hermitfold
March 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM

Create thread for Sakura discussions

Keep Mike here with wall posts about how Sakura is being victimized

PROFIT???

Shikieiki
March 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
To think that the Sakura thread has started a shitstorm abut whether there should be a Sakura thread.

This is what i said before. The same which Mike said i was trying to start a shitstorm/flamewar/whatever-you-call-it

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM

PROFIT???

Have you seen my post count?

I don't think that plan is going to work, somehow....

This is what i said before. The same which Mike said i was trying to start a shitstorm/flamewar/whatever-you-call-it

Well, you weren't exactly clear with what you were saying in that post, so it sounded like you were claiming that Sakura wasn't "important"....

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM

PROFIT???

No, he can multitask.

Mike1984
March 23rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
No, I can procrastinate....

Shikieiki
March 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Well, you weren't exactly clear with what you were saying in that post, so it sounded like you were claiming that Sakura wasn't "important"....

AHAHAHA. Mike, i once said in the old BL "I like Sakura. But i'll always like Rider more".
I like her, but i still don't think this kind of thread is necessary.

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Mike once said in the old BL "I like Sakura. But i'll always like Rider more".

I read it like this and nearly had a heart attack.

DragoZERO
March 23rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
You are all now realizing that this was an intentional troll thread designed to infuriate Mike so much that he can no longer post things about Sakura in other threads because he is so busy writing wall of text posts in this thread about why he should be able to discuss Sakura in other threads, that he simply doesn't have time to post in other threads at all.It actually was not intended to be a troll, but I suppose it turned into one somehow. Oh well.

Shikieiki
March 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
I read it like this and nearly had a heart attack.

Something like that, and everyone here could die from a heart-attack MWEAHAHAHA

Lotus Saint
March 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
My god, what happened here?

SeiKeo
March 23rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Sakura happened.

Lotus Saint
March 23rd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Looks more like Mike happened.

SeiKeo
March 23rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Sakura is Mike's origin.

Gilgamesh
March 23rd, 2011, 10:38 PM
Sakura is Mike's origin.

It all makes perfect sense...

Kotonoha
March 23rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
So Mike was Sakura in a past life?

Rockxas
March 23rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Sakura is Mike's origin.
I lol'd. XD

Erlkonig
March 23rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Wh-what is this, I don't even...?

Shikieiki
March 23rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
So Mike was Sakura in a past life?

It explains everything

DragoZERO
March 23rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Sakura is Mike's origin.LMAO! Oh man. This is why I'd want a rep system. You totally deserve cookies for that.

Lotus Saint
March 23rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Sakura is Mike's origin.

I applaud you!

Ivan The Mouse
March 24th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Oh boy, a Sakura thread! And Mike's on it!

Sakura is Mike's origin.

"Sakura pancakes, don't make me wait for it!
Sakura pancakes, I'm coming for you!
Sakura pancakes, Sakura pancakes!
I'm riding my horse into town!
Here I go!"

Hermitfold
March 24th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Sakura is Mike's origin.

You win an Internet.

Altima of the Gates
March 24th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Sakura is Mike's origin.

Oh no you don't, it's mine!

But seriously, while a valiant effort, making this thread won't solve much. We are a fandom. We make discussions about our favorite characters at the drop of a hat, whoever it is(most the time battle-oriented, 'who is the best' or some sexual romp, sometimes all three at once), what skills they possess, what those skills would do against other people, and the inevitable 'who would win against whom'. Why did you think the Badass Versus thread was made? We had versus threads all the time before then. And we still make matchups and powerlevel discussions in other threads.

DragoZero. Welcome to the hot steaming, boiling mass of chaos that is BL. Where if you're not careful you could lose yourself in the void. As will this thread, as many before it have trying to perform similiar functions of 'order'.

TypeWannabe
March 24th, 2011, 06:21 AM
See, even the ninja agrees with us!

DragoZERO
March 24th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Oh no you don't, it's mine!I guess that means you can control yours better. A lot better.

But seriously, while a valiant effort, making this thread won't solve much. We are a fandom. We make discussions about our favorite characters at the drop of a hat, whoever it is(most the time battle-oriented, 'who is the best' or some sexual romp, sometimes all three at once), what skills they possess, what those skills would do against other people, and the inevitable 'who would win against whom'. Why did you think the Badass Versus thread was made? We had versus threads all the time before then. And we still make matchups and powerlevel discussions in other threads.

DragoZero. Welcome to the hot steaming, boiling mass of chaos that is BL. Where if you're not careful you could lose yourself in the void. As will this thread, as many before it have trying to perform similiar functions of 'order'.Yeah, I get that now. But everything turns into Sakura, even you have to see that. And most of the time, it only happens because of one or two people. But that's not all, the discussion turns into an argument because there is no talking sense into the fanatics. Every other fan is reasonable except the Sakura die hards. That's not to say all the blame falls there, since others do like to feed the flame. But nonetheless, discussion is ruined for others.

Mike1984
March 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I get that now. But everything turns into Sakura, even you have to see that. And most of the time, it only happens because of one or two people.

No, "everything" doesn't turn into Sakura. And, I'm sorry, but I'm not having my favourite character treated as a special case and relegated to her own ghetto threads so that everyone else can discuss whatever they like (no matter how off-topic) without having to acknowledge her existence.

But that's not all, the discussion turns into an argument because there is no talking sense into the fanatics. Every other fan is reasonable except the Sakura die hards. That's not to say all the blame falls there, since others do like to feed the flame.

Oh, so it's only Sakura fans that are capable of being "unreasonable", then?

What total and utter bullshit. And pretty offensive bullshit, at that. Fans of other characters are just as unreasonable as Sakura fans can be. After all, you can't have a one-sided argument....

Keyne
March 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM
"We are the Sakurafags. You will be assimilated, Senpai."

Shikieiki
March 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
DragoZero. Welcome to the hot steaming, boiling mass of chaos that is BL. Where if you're not careful you could lose yourself in the VOID. As will this thread, as many before it have trying to perform similiar functions of 'order'.

Oo'! Not me. *run to the hills, after the idiotic joke about names and places*

RedisSupreme
March 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I guess that means you can control yours better. A lot better.

Yeah, I get that now. But everything turns into Sakura, even you have to see that. And most of the time, it only happens because of one or two people. But that's not all, the discussion turns into an argument because there is no talking sense into the fanatics. Every other fan is reasonable except the Sakura die hards. That's not to say all the blame falls there, since others do like to feed the flame. But nonetheless, discussion is ruined for others.
So it has been so it shall always be. Sakura, Shiki vs Shiki MEoDP, and Power Levels are sort of an eternal derailer.