PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Bridgewater (Call of Cthulhu/Nasuverse RP)

Pages : [1] 2

Five_X
July 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome to Bridgewater, Massachusetts, population 21,878 and rising.

It's a small town, home to few people or buildings of much importance. Boston to the north eclipses it by far, but people do still have their reasons for visiting this quaint New England town.

You see, the little American town of Bridgewater carries with it a tradition of strange sightings and events, be it Bigfoot, UFOs, cattle mutilation, or nearly any other supernatural phenomenon you can imagine. Perhaps this is for the best; it gets the town attention and tourism, with many each year scouring the local area - including the famed Hockomock Swamp - for evidence of these occurrences. To this day, nothing conclusive has been found, but the town of Bridgewater and the land surrounding it have nevertheless built up a lasting legend.

Imagine if you will, though, that there's something more to this, that something, some being or force you can't control, is real. Old books hold old secrets, and under every rock there's some form of life that wishes to hide from the sun. Mystery attracts mystery, and the town of Bridgewater is one of the most mysterious of them all in ordinary America. After all, who's going to believe the insane ramblings of an old man down the street, or a congregation in a dark basement, replete with candles and ritual chants? Those who have seen the truth of the world cannot hope to convince others of that same truth; for in the balance between our truth and sanity, we inevitably choose to safeguard ourselves from what we suspect is lurking out of sight.

How much is sanity worth to you?

----------------------

But of course, this is a Call of Cthulhu RP, based in the world of H.P. Lovecraft, and taking place around his favourite New England hotspots, with a few variations of my own. The most notable is that it takes place not in the 1920s or the turn of the 20th century, but instead is focused on the more familiar world of the 1990s. Familiarity, though, leads to comfort, and comfort leads to complacency in the search for the ultimate truths of the cosmos.

The version of Call of Cthulhu being used for this game is 5.6, and naturally I am your GM, or "keeper" as the flavour of Call of Cthulhu likes to say. This will also include some outside elements taken from the Nasuverse, too; the magic systems of the Cthulhu Mythos are not at all in conflict with the ideas of magecraft, and in fact complement them quite well: a magus is not someone who wields the power of the Mythos' horrifying truths, but has instead found palatable alternates much as regular humans have used technology for the same means. And, given how often Nasu's own characters go insane, I think this is an especially fitting crossover, even without bringing the Fourth Holy Grail War into this.

There's no set maximum for players; if you want to join, then say so! However, there are two limited character options that will be decided through a mix of first-come-first-served and random lottery; if you want to be either an Executor or an Enforcer, then PM me and I'll work it all out with you. Do note, though, that the Executor and Enforcer aren't necessarily more powerful than ordinary investigators (Call of Cthulhu players) and have both bonuses and drawbacks that are not available to normal players. Instead of strictly being Occupations, they're more like races in certain other role-playing games.

I'll definitely keep up to speed on updating this RP; of all games I've played, Call of Cthulhu is the one where I enjoy being the GM more than being the player. It just seems to have more aptitude for interesting plots and developments and those sorts of things, and character creation and play isn't as much of a focus. The real focus is on you, the people playing this, as you fit together clues in order to solve mysteries.

For the uninitiated, here's a basic guide to character creation. However, you'll definitely need a copy of Call of Cthulhu (you can easily just get one through Googling torrents or what have you) in version 5.6, and I also recommend getting the 1990s supplement book and a related character sheet to write stuff down on.

You can download an electronic character sheet/character generator here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/byakhee/

The dice typically used are d6 and d100; some others appear as necessary, but those two are the main ones. Here's an online dice roller for you, which I use myself: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Now, for character creation! There are 6 basic steps to this, so don't worry too much. It's an easy system to get used to, trust me.

1. Determine Characteristics

You first roll 3d6 for each of the characteristics, which are STR, CON, DEX, POW and APP. STR is Strength, CON is Constitution, DEX is Dexterity, POW is Power (of the magical and mental kind) and APP is your physical attractiveness, which enhances charisma. You can roll them in order, or you can just roll 3d6 twice and put your individual rolls into any of those categories, so long as you aren't cheating and actually re-rolling. If a score is especially low, then I'll let you re-roll that single one.

SIZ and INT get 2d6+6 each. You can choose which of the two roll results go where, so if you get 8 first and 18 second, you can put the first in INT and second in SIZ, or vice versa. SIZ is your height and weight, generally, and INT is Intelligence.

EDU comes next, found by the roll 3d6+3. This is how many years of education your character has, and is pretty important. You can re-roll it exactly once, and keep the higher result. Don't worry if you only have something like 6 years of education; that shit would be hilarious to play, especially if you've got high INT.

The last, but definitely not least characteristic is SAN, which is POW x 5, to a maximum of 99.

2. Determine Characteristic Rolls

You also have a few other nice things to roll related to the above characteristics:

INT x 5 gets you your Idea score, POW x 5 gets you Luck, and EDU x 5 is your Knowledge.

Then, you add your STR to your SIZ, and find the result in the Damage Bonus Table in the Call of Cthulhu 5.6 text itself. In case you don't have that yet - and seriously, you need it - I'll give it here anyways, with the first column being the total of STR and SIZ, and the second column being the resulting Damage Bonus (DB):

2-12 = -1d6
13-16 = -1d4
17-24 = +0
25-32 = +1d4
33-40 = +1d6
41-56 = +2d6
57-72 = +3d6
73-88 = +4d6

There's also a blank titled "99-Cthulhu Mythos" near the others. Just put 99 in the blank for now, since you lack any Cthulhu Mythos skill at the outset of the game, as usual.

3. Determine Derived Characteristic Points

CON + SIZ, divided by two and with any fraction rounded up, gets you your Hit Points.

Then, for Magic Points, just put down the same number as your POW.

Finally, for Sanity Points, well... as is natural, the point count is equal to SAN. You can gain Sanity Points during the course of the game. Of course, it's more likely that you'll end up losing them without careful treatment.

4. Determine Occupation and Skills

For this step, the very first thing you have to do is determine your yearly income and property. This is done with a simple 1d10 roll; specifics are given in the rulebook itself, but here's an outline for yearly incomes:

1 = $15,000
2 = $25,000
3 = $35,000
4 = $45,000
5 = $55,000
6 = $75,000
7 = $100,000
8 = $200,000
9 = $300,000
10 = $500,000

Next you choose an Occupation; the rulebook itself has a list of examples, and there are simply too many to list appropriately. However, you don't have to choose one of those few, as you can ask about an Occupation you've created (so long as it's not too out of the ordinary) and its eight selected skills. The average Occupation has seven set "Occupational" skills, plus an eighth skill of your choice.

By multiplying your EDU by 15, you get your primary Skill Points. Add these to the eight skills associated with your Occupation of choice. Each skill goes up to 99, but can only be a maximum of 75 at the beginning - with the exception of Own Language. Hand-to-hand weapons and Firearms are special, and their skill percentages go in their specific boxes, for example: "Firearm: .357 Revolver; Current Skill %: 60" or something like that. There's more on that in the rulebook itself.

After that part, you multiply your character's INT by 10. You can add the points from this into any skill, except for Cthulhu Mythos.

Two notes are important here: one, you should allocate every single skill point. Points you don't allocate are just lost forever, so there's literally no point in ignoring them. Second, skill points are added to the base chances given beside the names of each of the skills, so for something like Library Use, which is at a base of 25%, putting 20 points into Library Use would give you 45% in the skill itself, total.

No skill can be higher than 75% at the start, other than Own Language which is EDU x 5.

5. Determine Weapons

Basically what the title says. There's a huuuuuuuge list of tons of different weapons in the rulebook and various supplementary materials; use those.

6. Determine Additional Background

This step is basically finalizing the general fluff parts of your character. Note appearance, background, interests, hobbies, motives for being in the town, and so on.

Your minimum age is EDU+6 years. for every ten years older than that number you make your character, add a point of EDU and an additional 20 Occupational skill points. Also, for every ten years (rounded up near the middle - which would be 46, for example) over forty you age your character, you lose your choice of 1 STR, CON, DEX, or APP. It's not always worth it to play a really, really old character. A twelve year old would be kind of amusing, in a way, especially if the kid outmans hardened adults.

Be sure to note why your character has decided to come to Bridgewater. You can't be a citizen of the town, and you're staying at the Bridgewater Inn.

You can make alliances and relationships with other player characters, but this is limited to pairs, so only two people at a time can be working together from the start of the RP. Also, the Executor and Enforcer cannot make alliances with any other characters before the RP starts. Afterwards, well... that's up to character interaction and stuff!

---------------------

And that's pretty much it, for the basics. Any more information must be gleaned from the rulebook, or through questions in the thread, since writing any more here would take way too much time.

Now, I'll add the last part: detailing the Executor and Enforcer, regarding their abilities and some basic background requirements.

The Enforcer:

You were sent by the Clock Tower to investigate reports of noted magical activity in the area; these reports match similar ones from fifteen years ago that faded away after a few short months. Only recently have they resurfaced, and the Clock Tower views it as urgent that you discover the source of this. Your equipment and funds are your own, and you have to find information by yourself. You know that you're dealing with a rogue magus, and though you're not the most experienced Enforcer on the job, you know that it's a bad idea to just waltz into a magus' territory without preparation or research. You know that success in this endeavour would definitely impress the Lords and other leaders of the Clock Tower and whole Mages Association, so much is on the line to be gained or lost.

Your abilities are as follows:

+2 to POW
-10 to SAN
-10 to maximum Sanity Points
Minimum POW of 12 before the +2 is added; if lower than this, reroll.
+10 to Magic Points
-15 to all gun skills; if you choose a gun skill as an Occupational skill, the negative does not apply to that single category (Rifles, Handguns, etc).
Occupation is automatically Magus, and the skill set is as follows: History, Library Use, Spot Hidden, Art, Occult, Other Language, one of Medicine, Archaeology, Pharmacy or Psychoanalysis, and any one other skill of your choice. Except Cthulhu Mythos, of course.
Due to a close reliance on magecraft, you go unconscious if you have 3 or less Magic Points, instead of the usual of 0.
Up to three spells; base these on non-Mythos-related spells in the Call of Cthulhu rulebook, or come to me with creations of your own that don't fit the normal rules or given spells. Cosmic beings, however, are no more affected by magecraft than by guns.
Choice of either one Mystic Code of your own creation, or the ability to create familiars.

The Executor:

The Holy Church, though located in Roman Catholic Italy, still has dealings with the Protestant United States; wherever heresy arises, they send their troops to defeat it. Recent rumours, matching those from fifteen years ago in this same area, point towards a Dead Apostle rising to prominence. Not much is known about it, but according to evidence the Dead Apostle escaped Europe and traveled to New England; this would normally be no surprising incident, but the fact that a number of other known Dead Apostles have done the same over the past few decades suggests that there is something attracting them to the land itself. Your job is to find out what this is, and to defeat the Dead Apostle - or more, if necessary - that stands in your way. This requires precision that an army of Knights would not be capable of, so a young but competent and faithful Executor such as yourself is the perfect solution.

Your abilities are as follows:

+2 to POW
Minimum of 12 POW before +2 bonus is added; if lower than this, reroll.
-10 to Magic Points.
Occult skill cannot be higher than 25% at character creation due to suspicions of heresy.
Income roll is decreased by 3, with a minimum roll of 1, due to necessary payments to the church and a lack of solid income from a life dedicated to fighting heresy in the name of God.
Occupation is automatically Executor, and the skill set is as follows: First Aid, Library Use, History, Psychoanalysis, Persuade, Listen, your choice of Martial Arts, Knife, Sneak, or Conceal, and any one other skill. Except Cthulhu Mythos, of course.
"Prayer" special ability: this restores 1d6+2 Sanity Points on use and can be used a number of times equal to POW/4 (rounded up) per six month period, and cannot be used more than once every two days. While this resets the number of Sanity Points you must lose in a short period of time in order to suffer insanity or shock, it cannot end an already existing Insanity of any kind. In combat, this requires one full turn to use and comes into effect at the beginning of your next turn.
"Holy Rite" special ability: this can be used POW/10 times (rounded down) per week to either restore 1d6+1 Hit Points to yourself or any one person, or cause 1d6+1 holy damage to appropriate creatures. Greater creatures of the Mythos scoff at whatever power a simple human deity may offer.
If Cthulhu Mythos skill rises above 20, then both special abilities above are lost, and any Holy Scriptures/Black Keys cease to function in your hands. God does not smile on those tainted by the farthest stars.
Your choice of either an effectively unlimited supply of Black Keys (but only up to a maximum of twenty per week at one time; you get more at the beginning of each week) or one moderately powerful Holy Scripture. Black Keys deal 1d4+2+DB damage, doubled against unholy critters, and use the Knife skill, treated as a Fighting Knife for all intents and purposes. Holy Scriptures are your own creation and are up for my review when you submit your character sheets to me.

----------------------

That's everything. Do note, though, that regular investigators cannot be related to the Mages' Association or the Holy Church (that is, the vampire and demon hunting side of the Catholic Church). You have to be normal people, but that doesn't mean you're not as awesome as the Executor or Enforcer. Regular investigators have more flexibility, and actually are less fragile when dealing with actual elements of the Mythos. Hopefully we get plenty of players!

Player list:

1. I3uster
2. LeopardBear - Sarah Alexandra Marie
3. Vahan - Professor Archibald ‘Archie’ Westwitterings
4. Elyrin - Emily Douglas
5. Mormarth - James Henderson II
6. ZidanReign - Jack Haruto
7. Satehi
8. FranticAuthor

deviatesfish
July 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Oo~! Confusing~!

SeiKeo
July 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
Executor.

Katie
July 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
SAN CHECKS WHERE

(can I have a spot, need more insane in my life)

I3uster
July 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
I'm not familliar with the system, but with the basics of the lore, as long as you give me some time to read the rulebook, I'd definetly like to join.

Mormarth
July 2nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
>Call of Cthulhu RP

brb rollin Old Man Henderson

Froggie
July 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Oo~! Confusing~!

What Fish said.

Elyrin
July 2nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
This is probably a terrible idea, but I am totally joining.

Now, I just need to go learn the system first. Fun.

Bloble
July 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Damn it. I would so be joining this if it weren't for the fact that I'll be without a computer for most of the next 6 weeks and will thus need all the time I can get just to keep up with my existing RPs.

:(

Katie
July 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
oh shit i do already have the rulebook

expect a sheet maybe by tonight if i'm really fucking fast

Elyrin
July 2nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
You're in too many RPs already, KT!

I3uster
July 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
We need to do an intervention for KT.

SeiKeo
July 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Ban?

Katie
July 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
NO IT'S FINE

I CAN DO THIS

I REALLY CAN

edt: do we need to use the 1990s specific charsheet

Five_X
July 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Oo~! Confusing~!

Just find and read the rulebook, if things seem confusing, or ask what exactly you're unsure of.

And Leo, lol, you actually want to join?

^ Probably best to use the 90s sheet, yeah.

SeiKeo
July 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Just find and read the rulebook, if things seem confusing, or ask what exactly you're unsure of.

And Leo, lol, you actually want to join?

^ Probably best to use the 90s sheet, yeah.

TBH, I don't really care if I don't get uneducated West Virginian Catholic Executor, but if that, then I'm in it.

Five_X
July 2nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
TBH, I don't really care if I don't get uneducated West Virginian Catholic Executor, but if that, then I'm in it.

So you'll join if you get Executor, but if you don't you won't? :S

Better hope the random lottery favours you! The spot for Executor and Enforcer are both still open; after a few days or so I'll put them into the lottery, with a few bonuses for the first people to ask.

SeiKeo
July 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
So you'll join if you get Executor, but if you don't you won't? :S

Uh... yes, exactly?

deviatesfish
July 2nd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Read a whole book? About rules?! Gah!!

Five_X
July 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
You don't have to read the whole book, you know. Just the important parts, which don't take up that many pages. Pages 34 to 48 are the most immediately important ones; reading the parts before and after those is strictly a recommendation, and is not necessary.

Mormarth
July 2nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
So, as a curiosity, what's the specific year besides "90's"?

Five_X
July 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Let's say... 1992. July.

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 12:02 AM
Count me in dis sheet dawg.

I'll be rping up in dis hizzhouze

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/x58DH.png

Faceclaim get?

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 12:32 AM
>Income
>Rolled a 10

ELYRIN IS RICHFAAAAAAAAG

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 12:34 AM
It's not my fault, Morm! ;_;

SeiKeo
July 3rd, 2012, 12:35 AM
Rich schoolgirl? This Max Payne expy sounds more ​amusing now...

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 12:37 AM
She's older than she looks, honest.

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM
Leo, are you going Mahgoose or Churchfag now? I confused.

SeiKeo
July 3rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Leo, are you going Mahgoose or Churchfag now? I confused.

Backup plan is Mr. Payne, previous character still stands.

Satehi
July 3rd, 2012, 01:17 AM
Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be playing, depends.

Yun
July 3rd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Sign me up as a candidate for the Enforcer because who need sanity?

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 01:29 AM
Oh, a few important notes on skills that I missed or didn't really explain!

1. No skill can begin higher than 75%.

2. Occupational skills are done at EDU x 15, not EDU x 20.

3. When allocating skills, the percentage you see beside the skill name is the base percentage; add skill points to this.

4. For some skills, like Art and Pilot, you have to specify: for example, Art is all about a certain Art the character is good at, like singing or painting. When putting points into Art and other skills that have blanks underneath them, always choose a specific version of that skill, as mentioned before.

5. Finally, you can add to and improve skills as you play, so long as the use of said skill is impressive and not mundane. After a while of playing I'll let you do an experience roll; for each "check" you get from doing well on a skill roll, you roll 1d10 and then add the resulting number to your skill. A skill above 90% is considered "Mastered."

^^
^
Okies, adding you two!

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
Sign me up as a candidate for the Enforcer because who need sanity?

Ohhhh, you'll regret those words friend.

Yun
July 3rd, 2012, 01:38 AM
Ohhhh, you'll regret those words friend.How can I regret it when everything is perfectly normal?

Katie
July 3rd, 2012, 01:38 AM
Fuuuuuuuu-

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
All of this DESPAIR is making me thirsty.

Bloble
July 3rd, 2012, 02:14 AM
A twelve year old would be kind of amusing, in a way, especially if the kid outmans hardened adults.

Quick, someone make Dennis the Menace. He could be the most OP kid ever.

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
Not OP enough.

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 02:22 AM
wait...I just realized a fact

KnightTurtle is Trap.

How come I miss these facts so much argh

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 02:23 AM
No investigator is OP when you're dealing with a Great Old One.

Well, no investigator except Old Man Henderson, of course.

Bloble
July 3rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
Not OP enough.

Explosives (Fireworks): 50%
Martial Arts (Kick 'em in the Balls): 50%
Driving (Stole Mom's Car): 40%
Hotwiring (STOLE Mom's Car): 40%
Brass Balls (Took Old Man Henderson's Lawn Gnomes and Survived): 75%
Weapon; Mk.IV Slingshot: 65%
Persuasion (Gave Teacher & Principal Mental Breakdowns): 25%

Most OP kid ever.

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 02:35 AM
Still not OP enough.

Bloble
July 3rd, 2012, 02:40 AM
Still not OP enough.
Crossdressing (Don't Wanna Talk About It): 75%

Plue
July 3rd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Never done this before, but looks interesting...

As a side note, is there a good legal place to get the 5.6? All those sites when I google the pdf seem like shady sites that want to do terrible things to my computer.

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
If you want it legally, you'll have to pay. I'm not sure if you can get a digital copy of it online, though.

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 02:44 AM
Crossdressing (Don't Wanna Talk About It): 75%

Hmmmmmmmm.

SeiKeo
July 3rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Asking where to download games, or CGs and music in bulks. Posting a link to it, is of course, prohibited as well. Sample fansubs/Scans of unlicensed materials, freely distributed games, and demos are okay.
Downloading copyrighted materials even internationally is still illegal and disrespectful in my view. If downloading is the only way in your country, please do the research on your own. This is not the place.

Yes, I am being slightly anal, no, let's still keep away with that, back to our present discussion.

Plue
July 3rd, 2012, 02:49 AM
Legally! I asked for legally!

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 02:51 AM
It is too late, Plue.

Prepare for your week ban.

Frantic Author
July 3rd, 2012, 03:01 AM
I'm in, sign me up.

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 03:05 AM
Added, sir!

Frantic Author
July 3rd, 2012, 03:23 AM
Faceclaim.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv68wjehc61qit38ao1_500.jpg

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 03:23 AM
*sends sheet*

Hopefully I didn't do anything stupid with that one.

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 03:28 AM
*sends sheet*

Hopefully I didn't do anything stupid with that one.

I just hope I didn't botch anything as well

I detect a Milbunk is watching us squirm around like chickens...

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 03:56 AM
Two sheets in, and two sheets approved! I'll edit the OP as appropriate. Tomorrow, I'll do the draw for whosoever becomes Enforcer and Executor; the announcement will come after I'm done work, so anyone who wants to get their chance at those can request it and I'll add y'all to the draw.

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 03:58 AM
This calls for celebration.

YAYIFICATIONS

Frantic Author
July 3rd, 2012, 04:11 AM
I'll toss my hat in for the draw.

Else, I shall become the most Private of all the Investigators.

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 04:13 AM
I'll toss my hat in for the draw.

Else, I shall become the most Private of all the Investigators.

For which, though? :V

Frantic Author
July 3rd, 2012, 04:14 AM
Eh, Executor. I like being preachy.

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 04:32 AM
Who wants to pardner up with this ol'e wanderer

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 04:58 AM
*Reads OP post* Shiiiiiiit ... I knew there was a reason I didn't take that A-Level Maths. So many numbers ... time to do some brainstorming/digging around my room for some dice.

EDIT: After several hours brainstorming, I'm in ... with either a Jack-of-all-Trades Doctor-cum-Shrink, or a randomer who just popped into my head who is essentially a Martial Artist of some weird form, more stroming required. Watch this space. Seriously don't, I'll forget I said it.

EDIT EDIT: Anyone going to need a Bodyguard?

I3uster
July 3rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Just in case: of course I am applying for Executor.

Katie
July 3rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Quitting. For my safety. And things. Sorry Five.

I3uster
July 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
The first step is acknowledging that you have a problem.

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Noooooo KT! ;_;

Vahan is now your replacement. Godspeed, mister V.

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Shouldn't be too hard Five. (Once I stop triple-checking my Math for adding up all these bits and pieces). Should be done by tonight-ish, depending on my Muse.

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Just woke from being facerolled on my desk. Ow my neck

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Yo Five, do we get bonus points for sheer gall if we give our Character the Mental Disorder of Paedophillia? Grants a -1 to Sanity every turn someone under the age of 12 is present.

Note: Combo with Paedophobia for even more lulz.

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Well, my character already has Gynephobia, also known has the fear of women. It's died down a bit, due to psychological counseling and what not.

It'll intensify fast if a certain something happens, however.

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
It'll intensify fast if a certain something happens, however.

Someone hug him. Just to watch him break down.

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Nah, he'll just be uncomfortable and irritated if just some random lady hugs him.

There's one in particular that's probably going to show up, though. That'll make things... interesting.

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Nah, he'll just be uncomfortable and irritated if just some random lady hugs him.

There's one in particular that's probably going to show up, though. That'll make things... interesting.

So ... can he tell if they are cross-dressing?

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Yes.

MY WEMMEN SENSE IS TINGLIN >:<

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
What if they are very bishounen?

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Still no. He'd just think you were weird, you weirdo.

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
For shame Mormarth, for shame. So much potential.

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
No, not really. :<

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Confused I am.

And Morm's character confirmed as Sakamachi Kinjirou?

Elyrin
July 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Morm has a perfect trap-dar?

D:

Mormarth
July 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
It turns out that suffering SAN loss in the past turned out for the better!

Vahan
July 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
Well, now that I've finally made up my mind about what kind of character I want to play ... anyone going to be needing/want a good bodyguard while they're in Bridgewater?

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM
The Executor and Enforcer have been informed of their roles, and also no, Vahan, being a pedo doesn't give you bonuses. Call of Cthulhu isn't a gamer RPG like that. :P

I3uster
July 3rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
PRAISE THE LORD!

SeiKeo
July 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
>APP 18

not even kidding

Five_X
July 3rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
LOOOOOOL

Leo is now Diarmuid.

ZidanReign
July 3rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Mystic Face confirmed as skill?

100% Fast Talk < IMPOSSIBLE

HAAAAAAAAAXXXX

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Query regarding Weapons. If we invest Skill Points into a Weapons skill, say for example under Handguns, raising it from say 20% to 30%, does this mean that our abillities with all Handguns increase? Or do we also have to put extra points into raising the Skill level of a specific weapon as well?

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I think it's just that you put points into Handguns and then your skill with all Handguns increases. Either that or you add points to a specific gun, and half of the points you allocate there also go to the base Handguns skill. The latter works well for flavour and stuff, and ensures that there aren't too many gun gods running around, I guess.

Keep in mind that you can increase your skills during the game, so it doesn't matter if you don't have super high skills right at the start.

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
too many gun gods running around, I guess.

We could use one :V

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I'm one kind of.... That sneaks around, fast talks, and conceals a .45 and a 12-gauge loaded with slugs.

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Meh, I'm kind of torn now. I've either got my badass-normal bodyguard who could punch most people to death, or my spry old ex-game hunter Professor who's looking for one last adventure before he end up six feet under.

Dear Decision

.... WHY.SO.HARD!?

yours sincerely
Vahan

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Since the best approach for combat in CoC is "running away", I hope we have at least some non-combat experts among our ranks, please?

Because I can't really create an Executor who tries to max psychoanalysis and history and make sense :p

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Since the best approach for combat in CoC is "running away", I hope we have at least some non-combat experts among our ranks, please?

Because I can't really create an Executor who tries to max psychoanalysis and history and make sense :p

I'm a licensed MD from Britain?

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Very good.

Have you accepted Jesus Chirst as your personal savior?

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Probably not.

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Jesus Chirst

Never heard of him. :V

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM
He's a cool guy, lives down the street, we hang out every now and then when the sun shines, have some beer and barbecue, you know.

He's like, my personal savior, man.

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Please tell me you're actually making surfer bro executor.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM
If my APP and SIZ rolls fit this halfway:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg6/scaled.php?server=6&filename=vlcsnap00009b.jpg&res=landing

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM
If my APP and SIZ rolls fit this halfway:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg6/scaled.php?server=6&filename=vlcsnap00009b.jpg&res=landing

Bakemonogatari? (Think I spelt that right ;p)

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah.

The guy is an Exorcist (close enough) too, who (literally) managed to steal the heart of a TA-tier vampire while she wasn't looking.

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah.

The guy is an Exorcist (close enough) too, who (literally) managed to steal the heart of a TA-tier vampire while she wasn't looking.

Nice, now that is some balls.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 02:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/U46Mr.jpg

Ohoho~ quite like this one, so I just have to reroll POW now and be done with it? Or do I have to reroll EVERYTHING?

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Look at this fucking scrub using a computer program to roll dice. Also you're going to have 40 SAN to start.

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Reroll POW, nothing else.

Also, Knowledge maxes out at 99, lol. 105 would just be silly. :P

Also also, what program is that? It looks cool!

^ He's an Executor, they only get MP negatives, not SAN negatives. Basically, Enforcer = low SAN, Executor = SAN machine.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM
It's the one in your OP, Five. I just used the "Wizard" function.

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Oh, lol. I just used that one for the regular charsheet.

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Goddamn scrubs.

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Leo, go read a tome or something.

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Speaking of which, what format do you want us to send these Character sheets?

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Roll(3d6)+0:
4,6,5,+0
Total:15

Roll(3d6)+0:
2,4,3,+0
Total:9

Roll(3d6)+0:
4,1,2,+0
Total:7

Roll(3d6)+0:
5,2,3,+0
Total:10

Roll(3d6)+0:
1,5,5,+0
Total:11

Roll(3d6)+0:
1,4,6,+0

Roll(3d6)+0:
1,5,1,+0
Total:7

Roll(3d6)+0:
3,5,3,+0

Roll(3d6)+0:
1,1,6,+0
Total:8

17 it is then.

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 02:34 PM
No, I will continue to look down upon you for not using actual dice.

Yun
July 4th, 2012, 02:38 PM

Because I can't really create an Executor who tries to max psychoanalysis and history and make sense :pI was planning on going with a private investigator, also is anyone putting points in Drive Automobile?

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Speaking of which, what format do you want us to send these Character sheets?

Either as a picture of the character sheet you've got made in a character sheet magical pdf thing like what I linked to, or a structured, typed-out profile.

Something like this, for the latter:

HP:
MP:
SAN:

STR:
CON:
DEX:
POW:
APP:

INT:
SIZ:
EDU:

Idea:
Luck:
Knowledge:
Damage Bonus:

Then an Occupation description and skill set, Income roll number, number of skill points for Occupation and Personal, list of Skills and their percentages (only the ones you've put points into) and then background/character description and equipment.

Elyrin had a really good, detailed one, so I stole its layout for this. :P

Mormarth
July 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM
So, we're postin stats now?

STR: 15/ DEX: 15/ INT: 17
CON: 16/ APP: 14/ POW: 18
SIZ: 13/ SAN/ 90/ EDU: 18

ID: 85/ LUK: 90/ KNO: 90

HP: 15/ MP: 18/ SP: 90

REMEMBER KIDS, HIGH STATS = NOT ALWAYS A GOOD THING

>A HORRIBLY MUTILATED BODY APPEARS
>PRETEND IT ISN'T THERE?
>UNFORTUNATELY, YOU'RE TOO FUCKING SMART TO DENY IT.
>SAN LOSS

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Wow ... that's kinda freaky ... That's almost exactly how I had it laid out already ... *turns around* "Elyrin ... are you in my house?"

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Uh, Five, if I don't take Black Keys but instead a Scripture-type weapon that easily fits into one of the firearm categories, do I still have to take "Knife" and then the firearm in question as my skill of choice, or can I swap out "Knife"?

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Uh, Five, if I don't take Black Keys but instead a Scripture-type weapon that easily fits into one of the firearm categories, do I still have to take "Knife" and then the firearm in question as my skill of choice, or can I swap out "Knife"?

Sure. Swap out, that is.

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Dodging is a good thing to have right?

Lycodrake
July 4th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Dodging is a good thing to have right?
No tanking Cthulhu? :sadness:

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
No tanking Cthulhu? :sadness:

Hey

If I wanna dodge, I fucking Dodge.

Otherwise, eat my 12-gauge Slugs. and I'm pretty sure Cthulhu is going to eat those for breakfast.

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Well, now that I've dropped my Geezer in Five's lap, time to move on to the next hurdle.

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Excellent, Vahan! He should totally be like Zaeed.

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Excellent, Vahan! He should totally be like Zaeed.

Wait what Full-Metal Panic or Mass Effect

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Mass Effect, natch.

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Mass Effect, natch.

Oh shit.

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Oh shit.

He's not so bad, he's quite sedated so long as he has some rocks to play with ... however if you decide to annoy him he has a very nice, shiny gun which he used to hunt Elephants back when he was younger, so after he's kicked you ass running away is not going to help.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Wizard is annoying with custom jobs, gonna write this one down like a traditional char sheet. Five, you wanna talk about the scripture before I send the full sheet to you?

Yun
July 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Well it appears I'll be going with a high bargaining skill considering I rolled a 1 on my income roll.

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-owned.gif

Elyrin
July 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Don't worry, Yun, I'm sure I can hook you up with a loan.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Shit, have to decide between Fast Talking (omg best skill ever and would fit pretty good for this one) and Other Language: Italian (character background)

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Shit, have to decide between Fast Talking (omg best skill ever and would fit pretty good for this one) and Other Language: Italian (character background)

Thank god a put a good amount of points in fast talk.

I felt like I was gonna need it.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Another question, since I am an Executor, do I have all the skills listed or do I have to choose 7 + my own?

Yun
July 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Don't worry, Yun, I'm sure I can hook you up with a loan.What kind of interest rate are we talking about here?

Shit, have to decide between Fast Talking (omg best skill ever and would fit pretty good for this one) and Other Language: Italian (character background)Fast Talking please, also did you take Latin as one of the other Languages?

Another question, since I am an Executor, do I have all the skills listed or do I have to choose 7 + my own?Considering you can't change any of the other investigator's occupational skills I doubt you can for Executor which is automatically your occupation.

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Five, since you changed the rule a bit, maybe you should update the first post.

Because of the EDUx15 and all

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Now, while I would totally metagame like this if we were playing D&D, given that this is CoC, coordinating to place skills to cover the right spots seems... a bit out of spirit?

Yun
July 4th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Now, while I would totally metagame like this if we were playing D&D, given that this is CoC, coordinating to place skills to cover the right spots seems... a bit out of spirit?I'm still putting points in Fast talk merely not as many as I originally was going to put besides this is CoC redundancy is a very good thing have when things go downhill.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Now, while I would totally metagame like this if we were playing D&D, given that this is CoC, coordinating to place skills to cover the right spots seems... a bit out of spirit?

Tell me that beforehand, man. I don't play TRPGs, I play videogames, I substitute this "fun" concept for "winning".

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Tell me that beforehand, man. I don't play TRPGs, I play videogames, I substitute this "fun" concept for "winning".

You are playing CoC.

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Since my sheet has already been sent in, who wants a look see?

I have it up on pastebin.

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 05:33 PM
You are playing CoC.

..."dying in style" it is then.

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Faceclaim would be nice, here's mine:

http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/4758-131174032.png

Yun
July 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Since my sheet has already been sent in, who wants a look see?

I have it up on pastebin.Sure why not.

..."dying in style" it is then.Hey! surviving is perfectly feasible outcome, it's merely an unlikely outcome for the majority of us.

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Also, yes, I3uster. Let's talk about Scriptures.

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
So, FC time?

http://i.imgur.com/OI2zc.jpg

"Well, isn't this ​interesting?"

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 05:51 PM
http://pastebin.com/x0n0pP8W Here it is.

Fucking FC's fine.

http://ginnodangan.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fate-e28184-zero08-45.jpg

Vahan
July 4th, 2012, 05:57 PM
So, FC time?

http://i.imgur.com/OI2zc.jpg

"Well, isn't this ​interesting?"

Leo's faceclaims ... enough to make me make my character 20 years younger so he could have a shot.

EDIT: Oh yes, and my self-predicted Mathematical fuck-up has occurred. YAY!

Five_X
July 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Leo, does yer magus still have Time Alter? :P

SeiKeo
July 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM

Sweet, I can have Time Alter? :V

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 06:11 PM

Fuck I want time alter. Hell, my guy's appearance screams Kiritsugu. And that was unintentional

I3uster
July 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Ask Five, if he refuses ask Yog-Sothoth.

ZidanReign
July 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Ask Five, if he refuses ask Yog-Sothoth.

If all else fails...

EDIT: DAMN. PLANS FOILED

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Random tidbits: ha, TYPEs are totally Great Old Ones, just how the descriptions match up and all. In this RP, for the effect of crossovers, ORT is a Great Old One. Same kind of creature as Mighty Cthulhu, but maybe not as powerful because Cthulhu's supposed to be on the higher end of GOOs.

Also, looking at Archetype Earth now results in SAN checks. 2d20 loss.

Satehi
July 5th, 2012, 12:55 AM
those tits for sanity loss

sounds like a good tradeoff

Katie
July 5th, 2012, 01:16 AM
those tits for sanity loss

sounds like a good tradeoff

Sat is a fucking genius

His KNO and INT stats should be through the roof

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 01:17 AM
this party has tits that don't cause san loss

Elyrin
July 5th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Prove it.

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 01:20 AM
18 app

Katie
this party has tits that don't cause san loss

theyre clearly not good enough then

Five_X
(For Leo's IRC information, the part about AE was a joke)

edi.jpg

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 01:21 AM
theyre clearly not good enough then

what good is something you don't understand

Katie
July 5th, 2012, 01:26 AM
what good is something you don't understand

those tits are so wonderful they break your mind maaaan

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Have a size chat, to fully realize that you poor sods are lower than the dirt in terms of CoC powerlevels.

http://i.imgur.com/QfrrC.jpg

Elyrin
July 5th, 2012, 01:27 AM
18 app

Don't need tits to have 18 APP.

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Don't need tits to have 18 APP.

no you 're wrong

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Stupid imgur. Now there is size chart. Feel puny, mortals.

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 01:35 AM
size isn't everything

Elyrin
July 5th, 2012, 01:37 AM
no you 're wrong

No u.

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 01:39 AM
No u.

most people think tits are hot

app is what appelas to most people

ergo

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Damn were literally shit in CoC.

Dodge is ahuh Yes Needed.

Mormarth
July 5th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Size matters not my good man.

The solution is simple, bring enough explosives to level the Empire State Building! Even The King in Yellow himself is not undefeatable!

Just ask Ol' Henderson.

well, if we're fighting a GOD, then we're flat out screwed, normally.

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Size matters not my good man.

The solution is simple, bring enough explosives to level the Empire State Building! Even The King in Yellow himself is not undefeatable!

Just ask Ol' Henderson.

well, if we're fighting a GOD, then we're flat out screwed, normally.

We have SEMTEX and C4?

Where the hell are we gonna find some in Massachusetts?

Mormarth
July 5th, 2012, 02:29 AM
THE BLACK MARKET! :V

Bloble
July 5th, 2012, 02:39 AM
You can totally end up killing Cthulu if you play your cards right guys.

Just be creative about it.

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 02:39 AM
THE BLACK MARKET! :V

LIES

And Yes we know, Bloble. We've just gotta find a way to make that happen with a Enforcer and Executor coming 'round here. :I

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 02:40 AM
You can totally end up killing Cthulu if you play your cards right guys.

Just be creative about it.

like ramming him with a steamboat

Mormarth
July 5th, 2012, 02:41 AM
LIES

Oh come now, Elyrin got a 10 for cash moneys, therefore, we clearly have a hotline to the Illuminati!

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 02:55 AM
You could probably find it in Boston, and that's... 30 miles north, I think?

Mormarth
July 5th, 2012, 03:09 AM
My char's a Boston native!

BETWEEN MY SKILLZ AND ELYRIN'S CASHMONEY, WE WILL CONTACT THE ILLUMINATI.

AND THEN

WE WILL

BLOW. UP. ERRYTHING.

Elyrin
July 5th, 2012, 03:16 AM
BUT MORM, WILL EVEN THAT BE ENOUGH EXPLOSIVES?

Mormarth
July 5th, 2012, 04:00 AM
True, we need moar boom.

AS THERE CAN NEVAR BE ENUFF

Edit: Here's some (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgewater,_Massachusetts) stuff for y'all. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgewater_Triangle)

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 04:23 AM
There were several reasons why I picked this town out of all those in the world:

1. It's in Massachusetts, and around the very same area where Lovecraft's fiction is set.

2. It's a small town, rather than a larger place that would attract attention.

3. Between the swamps and such, it's got a really creepy vibe to it.

4. There are the famous supernatural phenomena in the area, which definitely adds to its value for Call of Cthulhu.

5. And, of course, it has a large university, which is a must for any Lovecraft-related township.

Vahan
July 5th, 2012, 04:27 AM
.... wow ... I thought you made it up. Apologies Bridgewater, I shall never make that mistake again.

Note: Next time someone asks me to go to Fucking I shall definitely say yes.

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Leo is confirmed! Now a total of four people are left with character sheets in progress! Go go go, you last folks!

I3uster
July 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I have to think about "that", I had a hillarious idea for it but it's a non-replenishable ressource, and that would screw me over with absolute certainity.

Vahan
July 5th, 2012, 04:01 PM
So Five, out of all of the Investigators who's got the biggest chance of surviving thus far? Short of the Enforcer/Executor obviously ;p

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'll probably be the guy with the worst chances at surviving. Usually how it is with me.

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM
When it comes to best chances of surviving... well, based on a rough guess, I'd say Vahan and Leo, maybe Zidan are the best off. Of course, there are four people left, so who knows what could happen with them!

It really depends on how you play, though. Call of Cthulhu doesn't have real powerlevels, since anything beyond the basic enemies can easily kill you. Luckily, Call of Cthulhu is based entirely on creatively defeating "impossible" foes. It's also one of the few games where out-of-game thinking is highly recommended.

edit: wait, got things mixed up. Ely is weak and flimsy, while Zidan is basically a tank. A sneaky tank, but a tank nonetheless.

Elyrin
July 5th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Okay, that sounds better. Was sitting here thinking "what, I have an okay chance to survive? How?!" for the past few minutes.

Vahan
July 5th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Well, my character should be okay ... so long as the enemy is more then 8 yards away, since he's old hand-to-hand combat might not quite be his forte ;p

I3uster
July 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
We compliment each other then, because at 5 yards my character is a rape train.

...well, as much of a rape train as one can be in CoC anyway.

Vahan
July 5th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Just do what everyone else will do. If it has tentecles, goes squelch and has more or less than two eyes, run in the other fucking direction as fast as you can and pray it doesn't have friends.

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Byakheeeeeeeee

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I'm a sneaky tank.

This calls for SWHING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omhIKVpO8OU

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Leo and Ely, watch out! Zidan is gonna rape ya! D:

Elyrin
July 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Nooooo ;_;

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Good luck to him.

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I'm climbing in you're inn rooms, snatching your pussehs carpets up

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM
It's not a hotel; it's an inn.

Totally different, and way more Lovecraftian. Hotels are way too mainstream.

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Now you made it rhyme better.

HARRO, EVERY-NYAN! HOW AH YOU? FAIN SANKYUU!

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 08:47 PM
If everything goes well, this RP might start in about a week or so! Not really sure when everyone can get their character sheets in, though.

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Start once Buster finishes, lolololol.

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Sat and Buster are the main ones we're waiting on. I'm not sure if Yun and Frantic are still on for this or not.

SeiKeo
July 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well, no offense meant to Yun, but he's not gonna do too much posting in any case.

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Okay, then, hmmmmmm...

Buster, Sat, how long do you think you'll be in finishing up your character profails?

Satehi
July 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Less than 3 days.

Might be able to get it in today, actually. Doesn't seem like there's a lot to do for my planned character's backstory, and got the skills pretty much done.

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM
It would be nice to suddenly find Liquid Nitrogen Barrels and C4, along with a Propane Truck and a Aircraft Carrier.

Herp

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Four days, people! You have four days to finish your profiles! That makes the general start date of the RP... next Monday, give or take a day.

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Four days, people! You have four days to finish your profiles! That makes the general start date of the RP... next Monday, give or take a day.

Five, scratch off the weekend venture for me and send it for 2 weeks later on the weekend.

I also got a appointment to go to Tuesday concerning college things...

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Wait, two weeks from then!? Jeez, that's a while...

ZidanReign
July 5th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Wait, two weeks from then!? Jeez, that's a while...

I mean as when I leave. It's only for that weekend 2 weeks from now. I'm good till then bro.

Five_X
July 5th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Oh, okay. Hopefully everyone else is fine, though. I'd like for this to start up as soon as it can!

Frantic Author
July 6th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Because I don't post for a day I'm out? Damn Five, you're really into this.

Can you send me like a bullshit character sheet? With shit internet I'm not going to try to find CoC Playerbooks.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2012, 02:37 AM
gm do my work for me plz thx

Five_X
July 6th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Because I don't post for a day I'm out? Damn Five, you're really into this.

Can you send me like a bullshit character sheet? With shit internet I'm not going to try to find CoC Playerbooks.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/byakhee/ <= you should be able to DL this even with terribru internet. It's good for making an electronic char sheet to show me, and stuff.

I think Leo said he found something a bit better, though. Ask him? He didn't give me a link to his fancy character sheet thing.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Should be ready today, maybe even in 2 hours.

Gonna post it up here, I'd like you guys to tell me if I fucked something up plz.

ZidanReign
July 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I'll try to spot mistakes.

Anyways I3uster,

CONTRACT?

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 10:19 AM
...thanks, but no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

"Huh, so I guess I have to play a poor Executor, let's hope I get at least 5 so that I can get 2 income or something..."

Roll(1d10)+0:
10,+0
Total:10

NOTES
-------------------------
This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.

Well, that takes care of that I guess.

Five_X
July 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Damn rich priests.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Well, I have something to take care of that anyway...

So, how were gun skills handled again? I...don't get it.
If I put points in shotguns, are those my starting points for my scripture?

Mormarth
July 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM
well, i suppose if your scripture thingamabob is, in fact, a shotgun (and i commend you on your fine taste), then yes, more points in shotgun = more scripture points.

more points in, say, Pistols, would gift you with the fine ability to hit the broadside of a barn with your .45.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Alright then.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Is there any point in investing points in martial arts if I can't raise my fist/kick/whatever skill unless with hobby points?

Seems kinda useless. Of course I have to put points in it because I am an Executor and shit, but still.

Five_X
July 6th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Martial Arts improves your unarmed damage and also improves parries. Luckily, unarmed attacks all have a high base percentage, except for headbutt. You'd only need to put a few points into most of them.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Wait, so I can put points in them?

But they aren't occupational skills, are they?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, whatever, I think I'm leaving Martial Arts at base. It's not like a gun-using Executor really needs that stuff.

Looks like I need to invest roughly 1/3rd of my points into martial arts to get a decent result and I deal far more damage with my scripture anyway.

Five_X
July 6th, 2012, 12:29 PM
If you put even a few points into Martial Arts, you stand the chance of decently increasing it later. You'd only need to up it to about 25 or so, I think.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Nah, I'm good. I doubt that it's a good idea to rely on that skill in any case, and I have a decent enough income to get shells for my gun.

Satehi
July 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Richfagggggg

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Uh, one more thing (got the mechanics out of the way, now on to the backstory)

With 21 EDU I pretty much should already have a doctorate in theology or something like that, correct?

Five_X
July 6th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Probably yeah, lol.

Vahan
July 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Martial Arts + Guns = Gun Kata?

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
http://pastebin.com/RxP1SnLK

Tell me if I fucked something up.

Yun
July 6th, 2012, 03:40 PM
http://pastebin.com/RxP1SnLK Tell me if I fucked something up.The occupational skills points calculation was changed to EDU x 15 not EDU x 20.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Just the total is wrong, it's still only 315 distributed points.

Mormarth
July 6th, 2012, 04:35 PM
man, now we've got TWO richfags.

NOW WE CAN CONTACT THE ILLUMINATI AND THE BLACK MARKET

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
man, now we've got TWO richfags.

NOW WE CAN CONTACT THE ILLUMINATI AND THE BLACK MARKET

Three, I'm just not quite as rich.

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Also I don't think a 7 on an income roll qualifies as "rich"?
EDIT: Oh wait that's like 8k dollars a month holy shit

Mormarth
mother of god

MENTLEGEN

WE HAVE NOW OBTAINED ALL OF THE MONEY

ALL OF IT

SeiKeo
Also I don't think a 7 on an income roll qualifies as "rich"?

Uh, 8?

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I have a 7
And see my edit.

EDIT: Holy shit 15k post

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM
...thanks, but no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

"Huh, so I guess I have to play a poor Executor, let's hope I get at least 5 so that I can get 2 income or something..."

Well, that takes care of that I guess.

what, I thought you rolled another 10?

e: fuck executors have minus income, my derp

I3uster
July 6th, 2012, 08:45 PM
My EDU and income rolls are sweet as fuck, even though I had to make up weird shit for a doctorate to become an Executor, lol.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2012, 08:47 PM
My EDU and income rolls are sweet as fuck, even though I had to make up weird shit for a doctorate to become an Executor, lol.

Please tell me Sat is also a formal doctor so we can be like Team Professional.

Mormarth
July 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I am almost a doctor!

can i be in your club

Elyrin
July 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM
No.

ZidanReign
July 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
To be honest, all I got was associates in espionage.

hohohoho

Five_X
July 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Silly Leo, you're not rich. You're just a stripper.

A super stripper.

Also, Buster, looks decent to me. You're in, and everyone: remember that the deadline is Monday or Tuesday! Somewhere around there! If you're too slow, the Outer Gods will claim your souls for eternity.

SeiKeo
July 6th, 2012, 09:47 PM
A doctor!

(yes, my character is literally a joke about strippers doing it to work through med school)